Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, here we are and good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Do we start another year? We do.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you have your calendars out, we only have three hundred and fifty three more days till Christmas for shopping, so make sure you take advantage of that. And we have a bunch of changes coming up which I'm going to share with you. First, let me say hello to one and all the entire time. The entire team is.
Speaker 3: Here except for Amy.
Speaker 2: Amy.
Speaker 3: No big change, Amy.
Speaker 2: I understand Amy's under the weather today. So Michael Monks, who is now? I guess our permanent sort of fill in when Amy is gone.
Speaker 3: Michael, good morning, Good morning, glad to be with you. Bill, Yes you are. Hey.
Speaker 2: Uh? I noticed that you are wearing sort of an outdoorsy.
Speaker 3: Vest, this puffy vest that you wear when mountaineering. Are you aware that you're inside?
Speaker 4: I occasionally, especially to get the week started, I'm wearing a turtleneck under a puffy vest. I like to dress like a suburban soccer mom who drives like Alex's suv. It really gets me going on a Monday, I feel like I have the energy to get through the week.
Speaker 3: Wow, I was trying to go more.
Speaker 4: With the with you know something almost kind of thing, you know, except his was red.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean only the only good news here for the this We don't do television here and for those of us that are watching monitors, everything is above the waist because we're sitting under desks, and uh do I tell people you really do go commando under all of those.
Speaker 5: What's the matter with you?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Uh? And let me tell you during the summer, it's as SNL would say, it's the sweaty balls that really do some horrible things to the seat or their upholstered seats is horrible anyway. All right, So we started the year in typical handle in the morning fashion Neil, good morning.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah. Is Amy gonna be sad she missed that exchange? Yeah? And is first of all the morning and good morning. Let's talk about what you're wearing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I am wearing a shirt Hawaiian shirt, Hawaiian shirt and uh something you know, one of the Christmas gifts that we receive. Both Lynn Lindsay and I received was matching pajamas from.
Speaker 3: Ann and he's wearing the bottoms.
Speaker 2: I wear the bottom bottoms. And in the morning it gets really cold in the morning here.
Speaker 3: At my place, Yellowian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, yeah, it's sort of like it almost clashes.
Speaker 3: I think we'll take a picture later on. I'll take a picture later on. And awesome, Well here let me show you guys. Oh what's happening?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, those are cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, those are plaid plaid pajamas. And we have matching pajamas. You know how cheesy and stupid it looks when couples have matching pajamas and families that we're there, and we're there, but very comfortable, Thank you many.
Speaker 3: Very nice.
Speaker 5: It was nice.
Speaker 2: It was really and then socks and all kinds of fun stuff. It was very very thoughtful. Appreciate it and going to be well used and not washed.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and cono, good morning. All right, Well we start another year.
Speaker 2: All right, we have some changes coming up on the show this year as we start January, the first Monday of January, January sixth, So let.
Speaker 3: Me tell you a few the changes.
Speaker 2: First of all, today is Wayne Resnick's last day. Wayne is retiring as of today, and so we have the eight thirty to nine o'clock, the last two segments of the show open and what we're going to do and I'll explain this a little bit later. I'm going to reintroduce success from Scratch. We're going to bring that back to the show, which was great fun and it disappeared because frankly, it was hard to find good stories. But I'm going to ask you out there in radio land, our listeners who love us beyond anything, our fans, our fanboys and girls.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know what the hell you call it. You know people who.
Speaker 2: Tune in all right, people who are going through the dial and they just happen to have a cramp in their hands when they hit KFI and are listening.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm going to ask and I'll explain it later.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you guys to help us out out uh in terms of bringing some stories to the table.
Speaker 3: And that should be kind of fun. Uh.
Speaker 2: So that is a change we're going to continue on this year with uh the ask bill anything we may actually and Ann I just thought of this, do we expand it to ask Neil anything?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: And I don't know the answer to that, and we just uh oh, because you're fun too.
Speaker 3: I mean you've got some it comes up on occasion, but.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you've got some really interest stories. For example, the night that you married Melissa, your previous wife, and that entire story, Michael, it is so believe me, it's it's a book.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a sick call. What and not in a good way either. Okay, are you talking.
Speaker 5: About the fact that my first wife had an affair?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And the night that you got married.
Speaker 5: I don't know what. You know what though, I can't say that it was.
Speaker 2: She went off and said, excuse me, I'll be back in a moment, went off and stooped her boyfriend.
Speaker 5: You know what's strange.
Speaker 6: I have this because the holidays, I've been getting like really into old photos and I got like a.
Speaker 5: And stuff.
Speaker 6: So I've been going through old photos and I have pictures of you at my first wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I remember that, didn't I didn't I tell out that. Then I point out that she was coming back to the reception pulling up her panties.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know what were so?
Speaker 6: I think you were there with Marjorie, your second wife.
Speaker 3: Let me keep playing.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you how many spouses do we have on this morning show?
Speaker 3: This old hero them here? Well?
Speaker 2: Uh I uh, you know, statue of libertary limitations is up, so I can tell you about my first one, which I was buried for two minutes and I was explain why and then uh Marjorie, and uh now I'm going to be on my third one. Nice, yeah, but really only two, I mean really only one.
Speaker 3: The first one.
Speaker 2: There's a story, there's a handle. Tell us the story story, you know, So we'll.
Speaker 3: Do that probably. See, I already put it in people's minds.
Speaker 5: Did you did your wife break up with you yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Man, we're happy.
Speaker 3: How long have you together?
Speaker 5: People give up their resolutions so early. How long?
Speaker 3: How long have you been together?
Speaker 5: Two years? Been together eight years, but.
Speaker 3: It's a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're I've been married two years to Kno, so like we're in the same boat here to a woman.
Speaker 3: No, no, sir, I didn't think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could tell about the turtleneck. I could tell by they gave me away.
Speaker 3: All right, God, what.
Speaker 2: A way to start the year, right, is anybody listening by the Oh there's the other thing that I've never hear.
Speaker 3: Something else is never happened.
Speaker 2: I've been on this show thirty one and a half years, sitting behind the mic in the morning.
Speaker 3: All right, the morning show.
Speaker 2: Something has happened today that has never happened in.
Speaker 3: The history of this show.
Speaker 2: I have one scheduled live read for commercial one.
Speaker 3: As you confirm that, because I know I was stunned.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, people bitch and mode moan about Oh Bill, you do so many commercials. We're up to here with it. You know, I understand that. You know, I get it. I mean this is commercial radio. I mean someone's got to pay the bills, and.
Speaker 3: So I got one one.
Speaker 5: I am seventeen.
Speaker 2: It's never it's never happened before. All right, it's the start of a brand new year.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, it's just are they not paying to put a sponsorship on this? When schweaty balls was the first thing out of your mouth for the new year, that's when you need them. We had to watch the whatdy balls come down into Times Square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just had an unusual crowd show marks when he did his show, and then we'd come to the little note would come down on a duck.
Speaker 3: All right, how about we get into a handle on the news on this Wednday morning, January sixth, with Michael Monkson for Amy. We don't know if she's.
Speaker 2: Coming back tomorrow or not, but Michael's here, Neil's here, and me lead story. Well, today, four years to the day of the January sixth insurrection, President Trump is going to be well. President elect Trump is going to be certified by Congress as the next incoming president.
Speaker 3: And it has I'm gonna do a story later on. It has changed.
Speaker 2: January sixth, four years ago, was considered insurrection, was considered an attack on democracy by many of us, which has now turned into a celebration of peaceful demonstrators who were there simply to uphold the constitution and they are heroes and they will all be pardoned. And is now, let me ask you, is the next president going to call January sixth a national holiday?
Speaker 3: And I don't know, and I'm just throwing that out. You can tell where I go.
Speaker 2: But anyway, today's certification is going to happen exactly the way it's supposed to. There is no talk of the election being stolen. Trump won both the electoral College and the popular vote, so there's no argument whatsoever.
Speaker 3: This is the way America voted.
Speaker 2: Welcome to democracy, and it's just ironic, to say the least. And who's going to make the announcement the Vice president, So Kamala Harris will be announcing her loss and the win of her opponent, which is the way it works.
Speaker 5: With her hand firmly gripping a chardonnay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and she's gonna do it, and she's gonna do it through gritted teeth.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's gonna be wild. It's not going to be wild.
Speaker 2: It's going to be exactly the way this country was established and how it should go.
Speaker 4: Before he takes office, President Elect Trump is getting to work on his legislative agenda, and he'd like it all done fast.
Speaker 3: He'd like it in one bell swoop.
Speaker 4: He's asked all of his fellow Republicans in Congress to take all of the Trump priorities and combine them into one massive bill that he says would cut taxes, bolster border security, and increase energy production right here in the United States. He says, don't worry about the cost of all of these proposals. We'll take care of these trillions of dollars and expenses by raising tariffs on imported goods.
Speaker 3: So he made this announcement.
Speaker 4: He wants to see one single bill and he wants to get all of this done as fast as he can.
Speaker 2: Okay, So with that, and I'm going to do a segment at seven thirty about his power. Mike Johnson squeaked in as the speaker, and it was a question of whether he was going to stay. It was Trump who picked up the phone and called Republicans, says you'll vote for Mike.
Speaker 3: Johnson, and they did.
Speaker 2: He is going to push for this bill and call recalcitrate Republicans and say you will vote for this bill.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem he's.
Speaker 2: Got is that among the far right, and we're talking about conspiracy folks, we're talking about Trump supporters who are just will follow him off a cliff, their lemmings. Some of them are deficit hawks who believe, to their heart of hearts, our government is spending is out of control and Trump is calling for a two trillion dollar deficit.
Speaker 3: And you've got a few of these that.
Speaker 2: Are saying, wait a minute, we can't keep on doing this. When Barack Obama during his second term, our deficit, our national debt hit twenty trillion dollars, and Donald Trump, right, he said, this is out of control. We cannot have a national debt that has hit this level.
Speaker 3: It's completely out of control.
Speaker 2: Here we are eight years later, we're almost double that, and President Trump is going to add two trillion dollars a year. Defenitus spending is no longer a problem. Well, you've got a few Republicans that are saying, hang on a minute, hang on a minute, and.
Speaker 3: So that may at least slow it down or even.
Speaker 2: Stop it because he needs every single vote.
Speaker 5: Okay, crazy to do it all in one bill to.
Speaker 3: One bill too.
Speaker 5: He wants it all done insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah well yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh and the speaker was a miss misunderstanding. I'm told he called the Republicans and said say nice things about my Johnson.
Speaker 7: Ah, yes, they misheard him. Man, that's very good, very strong. That's what ime this morning. Welcome back twenty five everywhere, now, Michael, this is how we roll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be a big year.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right.
Speaker 6: The first major storm of twenty twenty five, slamming millions of Americans across the country. You got central planes, you got the East Coast breaking snowfall records in the Midwest as it's movie east there.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, so you have.
Speaker 2: This is one thing I hate about the Rose Parade is that you've got people in Buffalo, New York, for example, the Eastern Seaboard can't actually open their front door because snow is up to the eaves and they have to wait to be rescued. And on television they're watching the Rose Parade where it's seventy two degrees and not a cloud in the sky, which typically happens, and then they all pack up and want to move to southern California because they love the four h five.
Speaker 5: Ye it was a beautiful day yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was seventy two degrees.
Speaker 2: Ye. It's look at the storms that are going on, record setting storms in the east.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seventy two degrees yesterday, it's perfect. I talked to my family yesterday.
Speaker 4: They live in Kentucky, and you know, there's like eight inches of snow on the ground in some parts of that and it's just I can't help but not miss them so much sometimes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: All Right, Why you're wearing a puffy vest. Well, that's why they asked me to leave.
Speaker 4: So some folks in the country are going to have higher checks coming their way through Social Security and they can think one President Joe Biden for that. He signed into law just yesterday this measure that apparently will boost those Social Security payments for both current and former employees of public entities like teachers, firefighters, cops, other people in public service jobs. It's called the Social Security Fairness Act, and Biden's team says it addresses a decade's old disparity, though it will also put a strain on Social Security trust funds.
Speaker 3: So, well, the rest of us get social Security down the road.
Speaker 2: Okay, nothing to be said other than you're going to get a little bit more money, and the Social Security fund is going to go out of It's going to go out of business, and you'll help them deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for those of you that are working and are paying in more than you've ever paid in before, you.
Speaker 3: Can kiss social Security goodbye.
Speaker 6: I'll be faring that for years, and I just know it's going to happen the day I retire.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know you've been hearing it for years and it has been happening for years. And the way they fix it is they just keep increasing your Social Security tax, both for you and businesses.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you keep on just paying.
Speaker 2: More and more and more, and then there's a whole world to it because there's a limit on Social Security. There isn't a limit, for example, on medical taxes. You just pay and pay and pay and pay. I'll talk about that later on.
Speaker 6: At some point, they say there's no coincidences. So this is a weird one. You have Army records showing that there's just this brief less than a year career overlap between the New Orleans and Las Vegas suspects. So you've got one that the Army veteran driving a truck through a crowd in New Orleans. Horrific attack there. And then you have Special Force as a master sergeant who exploded a Tesla and left a note Tesla cybertruck there in Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: They briefly overlapped, but like I said, less than a year.
Speaker 6: Law enforcement analysts investigating the attack the attack say that there's no connection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's coincidence.
Speaker 2: One radicalized completely Shamsudin Jabbar, who of course was accused of being an illegal alien, even though he was born in Texas.
Speaker 3: I guess if you're born in Texas, somehow you're illegal.
Speaker 5: Got some people from Texas that, yeah.
Speaker 3: I know that's true, probably would say that.
Speaker 2: And he was completely radicalizer finding that out and Libbelsburger who have received medals. He was considered among many people legitimately and he just mental health issues PTSD, some infidelity issues. The country has gone south, although he didn't explain how, so we don't even know on which side he decided the country was going to hell in a handbasket.
Speaker 3: So there isn't much of a connection, all right.
Speaker 4: So Russia is fighting back, excuse me, Ukraine is fighting back and talking smack. The country launched a counter attack on that border region called Kursk. Apparently these were surprise attacks against Russian forces, and in a post on telegram, the head of the Ukrainian Presidential office says, kurse region good news. Russia is getting what it deserves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is going to be one of those where we don't know where it's going.
Speaker 3: I think Ukraine is and this.
Speaker 2: Is what I've heard and reported been reported that it is going balls to the wall. To get as much Russia territory as it possibly can and until cipation of President Trump saying he's stopping the war basically day one, and he can. All he has to do is tell Ukraine no more arms. That's it, You're done. And so it's going to be some kind of a negotiated piece, is what Trump wants, and I think he's going.
Speaker 3: To get it.
Speaker 2: And so this attack is basically a bargaining chip. We'll give you this part of Russia back if you give us this. So we'll see what happens. Is going to be just fascinating starting January twentieth, I mean, just incredible.
Speaker 5: Isn't it coming up? Is it it's third or fourth year? I think it's.
Speaker 2: It's the third year has already started. When did it go in where it's into its third year already?
Speaker 5: Wow, that's insane already.
Speaker 6: Los Angeles man said he recently missed his flight, not for the reasons we normally.
Speaker 5: Do, like traffic. He was in a car.
Speaker 6: He just happened to be on his way to the airport in a way MO that wouldn't start. Uh what do they call that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Doing whippets? What is that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Just making circle?
Speaker 5: What is that when they do donuts?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Flipping wickets? What are you do?
Speaker 3: You know the terms of the street racing people?
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, cono, you wear a hat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you imagine?
Speaker 6: Just and he's calling them, going, I'm getting dizzy. Yeah, I'm in a parking lot and it keeps going in circles.
Speaker 3: I have a flight to catch.
Speaker 2: Is it fair to say that he got way mo than he bargained for.
Speaker 6: Well, they were slipping willies, they were slinging.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, let's not talk about me and my personal wife.
Speaker 3: All right, we're done with that.
Speaker 5: Wait in Massachusetts, we're just starting.
Speaker 3: Is it Monday?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: What the hell? It's welcome to the show. Yeah, all right, serious stuff.
Speaker 5: Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Let's transition into something much more serious. Awkwardly, into another region that's still at war. Hamas Israel. Apparently Hamas has approved a list of Israeli hostages that they will potentially exchange. This is according to Reuter's, which reports Hamas has approved an Israeli list of thirty four hostages to be exchanged and a possible cease fire deal, and the Israeli government so far has denied receiving a list of hostages from Hamas, but it also did not directly respond to the substance of the Reuters reports.
Speaker 5: So maybe progress over there. Maybe not.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the problem.
Speaker 2: Hamas's position is permanent cease fire, permanent withdrawal of Israeli.
Speaker 3: Forces from Gaza, and we'll give you some hostages. Israel. No chance are we leaving Gaza.
Speaker 2: We are never going to let what happened happened October seventh ever happen again. And Hamas still is charter is the destruction of Israel. We ain't gonna this happen or you have an ability. So they're still at odds. While that is going on, the Israeli air strikes continue and people are dying by the dozens a week in Gaza, and they're bombing.
Speaker 5: At this point, they're.
Speaker 3: Bombing anything that's left. They wiped out all the hospitals.
Speaker 2: There was one existing hospital they took out, saying that there were it was Kamas operatives that were operating out of there.
Speaker 3: It was some infrastructure. And now they're at odds.
Speaker 2: Hamas says, no that Israelis wake up in the morning and say, let's see if we can bomb a hospital, and we don't have any fighters there. According to Hamas, there are no fighters in Israel. Israel just as bombing the whole country for no reason, and Israel says, hey, we're just going after these bad guys who happened to be in the civilian population. And if well, we had to pay attention to everybody was civilian, we would never be able to go after anybody.
Speaker 3: So it's insurmountable, it really is. At this point. Is there going to be a piece of course there is at some point, but.
Speaker 2: Ninety or ninety five percent of Gaza has been displaced, Palestinians displaced, probably a third forty percent if not more, has been wiped out. In terms of infrastructure, there's never going to be peace now. And imagine how long it's going to take to rebuild a country. I'm talking about sewer systems, electricity, pipe pipes, oil and gas.
Speaker 5: This is not a joke, by the way, that what I'm going to ask.
Speaker 6: But how how secure, how intense was the infrastructure?
Speaker 5: How robust I think is the word.
Speaker 3: Of it was? It was never robust. It was never robust.
Speaker 2: Because Hamasa's position has always been gearing up for war is more important than infrastructure. In God, people are at a much lower level than the fight against Israel. Gold In my ear said something fascinating when she was Prime Minister. She said, we will never have peace until the Palestinians love their children more than they hate us, which I thought was an astounding statement. If you look at what's going on in Gaza, I think that's the case. And at the same time, I want to point out there is a humanitarian crisis of unbelievable proportions at Israel, simply ignoring Nope, nope, there is no starvation. Nope, we're letting all the aid come through a complete lie.
Speaker 3: So none of this looks very good.
Speaker 6: And Bill handled the motivational speaker twenty twenty five, Yes, all right, Pulitser Prize winning cartoonists, and someone helped me with the last name is it Telnaus. She announced a Friday that she had to resign from The Washington Post after the newspaper refused to publish a satirical cartoon depicting billionaire and Post owner Jeff Bezos on bed and knee in front of President elect Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: So it's a it's a weird cartoon sort of.
Speaker 6: I get I got out of it that because you have Mickey Mouse dead looks like it's you know. And then Los Angeles Times owner Patrick Soon sheung, uh, and you had and he was holding lipstick or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's the point.
Speaker 2: Then the Washington Post is owned by Bezos.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 2: And so why why wouldn't he be able to say, you know what, I'd rather not have a cartoon that makes fun of me or humiliates me in a paper.
Speaker 3: That I own.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, it's a newspaper and it should be I understand that they You should have editorial. If you're the editorial uh, satire cartoonist, you should be able to fight for things you believe in. But is this a commentary on the fact that that those papers or those didn't want to pick a side or endorse some No.
Speaker 2: No, it's a it's a firewall usually between the editorial side and the ownership and management, and those that firewalls.
Speaker 6: I didn't understand the cartoon. Is it because they because they're holding money bags? It's because they donated money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of them is because they donated money to the Trump campaign.
Speaker 2: That's one, And I think the other one is that they're now cow towing to Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Was going to control everything.
Speaker 2: They used to be sort of anti Donald Trump, The New York Times or the Post, the LA Times sort of anti Trump in many ways. And this cartoon says, uh, now Trump controls everything, and we're going to suck up. The owners of this paper are going to suck up, uh, And the owner of the La Times going to suck up in front of the president. And they're on bended knee. So you know, it's a political statement, but it's you know, Jeff Bezos loans of paper, you know, like it's it's like me or you posting something completely derogatory about, for example, management of this station.
Speaker 3: Oh I do that every day, don't I? Yeah, And they never say don't.
Speaker 2: By the way, there is a firewall between I have to give I hard a lot of credit for this. There is a firewall between what they tell us to say and what we can't say.
Speaker 5: Maybe they have no idea that you're on the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't listen, But that's besides the point. Okay, let's move.
Speaker 6: On to Elvis on the FM station. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Everybody has paid a toll before while driving on some freeways or into certain parts of certain cities, maybe certain bridges.
Speaker 3: But have you ever paid congestion pricing. It's new in New York.
Speaker 4: It's a little controversial, but some people seem to like it. And it's called congestion pricing because that means during peak hours, when the Big Apple is most congested, people have to pay nine bucks just to get in there. It's part of an effort to reduce gridlock. If you think LA traffic is bad, you should just look at New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the lower side of New York. Yeah, this is sort of.
Speaker 2: Times square at North and then all the way down and it's it is so congested.
Speaker 3: You know, first responders can't respond. It's crowded.
Speaker 2: I mean fire people can't respond when fires break out. It's completely crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it works.
Speaker 2: And so is congestion going to be controlled? Well, London has had it for a long time. I didn't know this until I looked at the story. Singapore has had congested pricing since the seventies.
Speaker 5: That's why the taxis are motorcycles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just too crowded. They also cane people in Singapore.
Speaker 5: Is that right? Is that the right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you spit and you get caane. Yeah, And if you bring in a joint you get hanged.
Speaker 5: Wow. Yeah, you do love when people compare us to other places like that.
Speaker 6: They do it there and then yeah, women can't are allowed to drive either.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's besides the point.
Speaker 6: All right, Canada, the Prime minister there justin Trudeau increasingly looking like he's going to announce stepping down. There was some rumbles yesterday and now a source that spoke to Ruters says that it might happen as early as today.
Speaker 2: He has no absolutely no power anymore. He has no confidence or the legislature has no confidence in him, the Parliament.
Speaker 3: And it's basically over for him. Where he came in.
Speaker 2: Was it ten years ago, no more than that, twenty thirteen and he took over as a Liberal leader and swept everything and he was going to be the answer to their problems.
Speaker 3: Ain't happening.
Speaker 2: And now the Liberals are number three party wise, So yeah, he's gone.
Speaker 4: There is something that President Biden and President Trump seem to have agreed on it, and it's that Nippon Steel and US Steel should not be together. And so Biden did block that recently with some executive action. But now the courts are going to get involved. It looks like Nippon Steele may sue the US government over the president's decision to block that acquisition. Biden said that he wanted to block it because he wanted to protect national security and supply chains here in America. Was a fourteen point three billion dollar acquisition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there are two sides of this.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: Is it a legitimate national security concern where you have a Japanese company buying one of the biggest, if not the biggest steel manufacturer in the United States. I mean, you know, steel is pretty important to not only the economy but to our security when someone else controls the market, Nippon and US Steel says this is the only way we're going to stay competitive. And Trump is going to do everything because remember Trump is we want to keep American workers here. That's not to say that these aren't American workers, but because it's still going to be manufactured. US steel is not moving as steel plants. But it's the question of who owns it, American ownership, and it's very important to Donald Trump as important as it is the Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: I think it's more important to President Trump. So do I think it's going to be blocked. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think the course are going to buy into its national security issue.
Speaker 6: All right, DN, What if, though, Bill, let's say wartime or something, when steel is of its most important important right, couldn't regardless of who owns it, if it's American workers on American soil, can't we say we're you know, commandeering this.
Speaker 2: Oh, it happened in the Korean War. Harry Truman is exactly that.
Speaker 3: Harry.
Speaker 2: There was a strike going on among steel workers, and Harry Truman shut down the strike. He nationalized the steel industry literally on a temporary basis, brought in guards, forced in in National Guard, and the steel workers went back to work. That strike disappeared for national security issues. So if it has happened, and it will happen, Okay, we're done, guys. KF I am six forty live everywhere, and I mean everywhere on our app whatever the hell the app's name is I Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah that too, that one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay. You've been listening to the Bill handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.