Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show nine one point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Maybe you're thinking about delicious pizza. Go to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, proud sponsor of this segment right there in good old Plaino, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different styles of pizza and that's probably why they were voted best pizza joint in all of DFW by the readers of the Dallas Morning News. They have a Philly tavern style, which is like a thin crust style. They have a New York style classic fold to join over and shove it in your mouth. They've got the Detroit style, which people love Detroit style pizza, and then the deep to Chicago and then their own Dallas style pizza with the buttercrust. Oh my god, it's magical.
Speaker 2: Go check it out. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Great bar, great pasta, incredible pizza, Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Now, let's go around the sports.
Speaker 1: KTD fu quins as.
Speaker 2: All the sports ye I do have them. Dallas Stars are limping.
Speaker 1: They have one leg left it's the They have their final well possibly their final leg tonight.
Speaker 2: They could fall over tonight. No, we got this tonight. Tonight. I woke up with a good vibe. Tonight. It's back at home. They got it. Next game maybe not, but tonight. Yes, Shippy's going to be there.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Shippy's going to be there. That does change things? Should we tell people who Shippy is?
Speaker 3: He's the DJ for the Stars and the Mavericks and he was on this very show for many years.
Speaker 1: He was on the Ben and Skin Show, I probably five or six years, and he was a intern for me and Ben at ESPN Radio. Yeah, and he was a completely different person when he was a young guy trying to.
Speaker 2: Impress old people. Little ship, Little ship. He was hilarious.
Speaker 3: So we know what's happened. We touched a little bit of that starts. It starts playing to night, good luck, go get it.
Speaker 2: If you win. It's three to two and you got to go to Edmonton's there's a lot of have a great summer. Let's go get him.
Speaker 3: But we thought their season was over what twenty days ago? And Miko Ranton was, you know what if what.
Speaker 1: If Tom Cruise came skating out before the before the match, they called him match right, Uh, skated all around the skated the skated the cup around the rink.
Speaker 2: Have you watched one one game?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Every game?
Speaker 1: Okay, I've watched every match and and came out there and skated the cup. Let's move on the thunder going to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was a pretty good game last night, man.
Speaker 3: I really liked the fight that Minnesota showed, so that thing was over and the first quarter.
Speaker 1: Man, the first time during the playoff series, when they go to the locker room and they show Anthony Edwards leaning back in his stuffed easy chair scratching his chin, you know it's over. And they did that after the last game, and I was watching that, going, okay, he's already doing this posturing.
Speaker 2: They've given up now.
Speaker 1: I did not think that I would walk home from having cocktails with my good buddy, who I see like three times a year. If you guys ever been to the Hotel Swexon, man, it's too fancy for me.
Speaker 2: I think I have been there actually with Mary Siroy.
Speaker 1: So yes, it is very It's not very far from where the Siroys lives. It's right around the corner. They call it the Swecson because it's a mixture of Swedish and Texan.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Anyways, my buddy works down there, and uh we live crazy separate lives. But I've known since I was sick, so I just want to go hang with him, you know, try to find time. So we met down there because you know, I can get down there in fifteen minutes from here. And uh, sat down we were, you know, having our cocktails or whatever. Avery Johnson comes walking in. Whoa Maverick. Great does a lot of business in Dallas. So I got to introduced my buddy to Avery.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 1: Then you know, we seven o'clock's all right, we better get our asses home. I'm gonna go have dinner with the wife. He's gonna go have dinner with his lady friend. I've walked in the house. By the time I walked in the house, the I'm sorry, the thunder were already up thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, are we not even gonna try or not? I knew this was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It was I think what I saw it. It was seventy eight.
Speaker 3: To forty That's what I'm worried about tonight with the Stars even like we get down, we need tom cruise.
Speaker 2: But when you're at home, you try. So the Stars will try tonight. Okay, what are you basic? Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Though? You could tell yeah, because they played great in Game four and they they had a really good chance to win Game four. Yeah, they kind of had a feeling like, okay, right, we're not gonna we They had a fight here, that's a day.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's an excruciating loss. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You shoot the wault like they did and lose that game, yeah, because that.
Speaker 1: Would have tied up the damn series. Everything changes crazy tonight. We'll have Nicks and Pacers. No, yeah, Nix and Patris PACER's going for the for the closer. Yeah, tonight is the CID five. Yeah, Pacers up three. We'll see if the Knicks tried. The Knicks will be at home, so they will try.
Speaker 3: Okay, but they're starting to get motivated to go to Oklahoma City and like you're in Oklahoma City and try your best. The Knicks tonight at home, they're gonna try. In fact, they're gonna take it to game six. Oh you think so? I would love a seven game series. I wouldn't because now I wouldn't, because I mean, Game sevens are great. But if we want some siwhats of an interesting NBA Finals, then we need the Pacers to win, get some rest, and then these teams are fresh.
Speaker 1: I would say in this case that rest doesn't matter because the only way either one of these teams stands a chance against the Oklahoma City Thunder is if it's the Indiana Pacers and they're just on a heater, Like the Pacers are a wild ass offensive team and they have games where they hit like forty five percent of their threes and they're unbeatable if they're gonna if either one of these teams and that. I actually think the Knicks are a better team than the Pacers, but the Pacers are gonna win this series. I think the Pacers have a better chance of competing with the Thunder, but only if they shoot out of their fricking mind. I don't think the Knicks stand a chance against the Thunder. I think they will snuff them out and murder them on live television. I think the Pacers stand a chance if their wild ass style of basketball leads them to make three point shots. Okay, so and that's my two cent on the Ncaah, I.
Speaker 3: Have two minutes on Rangers real quick. Okay, what's happening with them is kind of amazing, right, it's also terrible. Yep, it's kind of amazing. So when this series started against Toronto on Monday night, Josh Smith let off the first inning and got a base hit. The Rangers for the rest of the series scored three runs total and only had twelve hits.
Speaker 2: But they got to win in there. They got to win in there one to nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they took a shutout to win last night at zero zero, go into the night they cannot score a run.
Speaker 2: It's amazed. Good baseball. And now there is a pretty big talk.
Speaker 3: Evan Grant's got a big article and it's like, at some point meritocracy can't matter, Marcus Simeon, who's being paid a lot of meritocracy has to matter. What's meritocracy?
Speaker 1: Meritocracy is when you get you get the work because of the merit of your work.
Speaker 3: Yeaheah, Okay, somebody I've heard that word years, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying it doesn't matter anymore. Oh right, now it doesn't matter because they're not hitting.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And that's what they're kind of they they're having this dance in their head right now is do we have to take a Doley Scarcia arguably the heartbeat of the team, and then maybe you're kind of captain guy Marcus Simeon yep out of the lineup because they're so gosh damn bad.
Speaker 1: But we still Seeker still out right. Siger was back last night, okay, and he came back with a good over four happens.
Speaker 2: Man, he's been sitting around.
Speaker 3: Evan Carter's going to be back next week like they still haven't had any games with the offense. But dude, Simeon and Garcia are a mess now. They're putting the team in awful position.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Evan Carter, did you guys see Garrett Wood at the BFD.
Speaker 2: Show on Sunday? And it looks just like him. It's crazy every get but Dicky Talkie's all over all professional.
Speaker 1: The guy who's worked with us looks just like Evan Carter. All right, thank you, KT, that's good sports. So the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle coming up next. We got some news audio for you because you guys need to hear about these toads in Florida. That's next on the Eagle