Speaker 1: I know this isn't gonna be the first time you guys have heard me say this, But Christina just got me excited.
Speaker 2: Nice, pretty worked up? What Well?
Speaker 1: Earlier she was talking about the return of ver Dance can call of Duty?
Speaker 2: That's right? I know if you heard this, she was talking about it in a commercial break. Tell me about Cod? Yeah, Cod, big deal? Y'all watch the promos? Yet watched it over the weekend? Yes, very exciting.
Speaker 1: My old gang reached backed out to me. G Sink collared at me.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hickson getting the gang back together. Why Hixon's name is so lame?
Speaker 2: Uh? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: One guy's name is g Sink the other guy's name is Hickson. Smoke dog too, Okay, I like smoking. You do have to have a cool dame. Mine's Benny Sana Pen. That's good one. Oh yeah, I remember ryner Head. So do you have any more of those?
Speaker 2: Oh? We got plenty. Let's hear something Kenny g Spot Ariela Grande. I love Orgies. I think maybe he was just saying that one diesels sack. That's amazing. Anyways, here in a couple of days, it's coming back. Christina. That was a great commercial you got everybody fired out. Thank you, thank you. It was exciting me to do. I was like, wait, what you want me to read?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go. I saw Mike Troy was online last night? Who was online earlier today?
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, I need to send him a DM try to get.
Speaker 2: Let him know that I'm looking to play with him. Yea, I will. We've been able to connect.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay. This segment is brought to you by Heurtato Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Great locations in Mansfield. There's two, two at Global Life Field, one in Arlington outside of Global Life Field, another in fort Worth, and one in Dallas at the Farmer's Market Brandon Hurtado's spind On Mexicu. Man, it's delicious, maybe the best barbecue in the history of ever. Go get you some Hurtato. But right now it's time for this listeners, here comes kt fun tweets were around.
Speaker 2: Now, let's cool around the sports. K T Queints has all the sports. We'll get you a MAVs minute in about twenty minutes. I will say the Rangers had a three to one series win over the Red Sox so opening day was their only loss. It's bummers. We were there, Maybe we're Maybe we're bad news, Maybe we're the bad luck charm, the good weekend. Jack Lader looks great on Friday. Yes, Jacob de Grom looked really good on Sundays and the bullpen did it on Saturday. So Ed Bomby El Bombie looks healthy, so good the vi oh, I gotta mention this too.
Speaker 1: So Kumar Rocker pitches tonight, and dude, I keep hearing uh.
Speaker 2: Number one chief roka? What was it? What's that?
Speaker 1: The Lord Chief Rokka by Lords of the Underground. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I keep hearing that samples. So I think you gotta make a song to that.
Speaker 2: Kumar Rocker, dam My Rocker, coop Ma roka, it's the cool RockA cucka cool rocker. Unless he gets shelled tonight, he won't.
Speaker 1: Kevin, this is we're on a mission from God in God's country.
Speaker 2: God's country is America. Morgan Wallen's going to get him back to where he needs to be. I don't think Morgan Wall's going to have anything to do with it. Vanderbilt. Maybe we'll take a look at the Rangers walk up songs tomorrow on the show. That was a tease insapri fool, So you can't trust any teases. Yeah. Oh so I have the bfd Bogo though, going on starts tomorrow that if you know lawn tickets, buy one, get one, uh ticketmaster dot com. The big story, though, is torpedo bats in baseball, because the Yankees just had a big weekend of a fifteen home runs in three games and that's a record. They had nine in one game, didn't they. Yes, yes, And the bats are a brainchild of MIT physicist Aaron Leenhardt. That nerd. He worked for the Yankees from eighteen to twenty four and then he joined the Marlins. But he began he began this concept of changing the barrel of the baseball bat. So he started working with MLB rules officials, did it the right way, contacted them, and he's brought this bat to life. Here are your rules. It's got to be solid hardwood, no longer than forty two inches Okay that's a lot, and no thicker than two point sixty one inches, damn girl. And if you look at the shape of these torpedo bats, it does look very different. So somehow they've done this within the rules.
Speaker 1: It's the exact same weight, it's the same link, it's the same density. They've just changed where the sweet spot is. So if you're a batter who hits the ball closer to your hands as opposed to down in the barrel, if you're a guy who you know ends up, you know, getting outs because you're hitting it on the weaker part of the bat, they just change where the sweet spot is. And so the sweet spot is not in the traditional spot on these torpedo bats. It's closer to your hands on the bat. You don't want to get in a situation where you're getting all fisted. Yeah, and so the sweet spot moves exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think everyone, I think baseball will move pretty fast on this, and by that I mean teams. I bet every team is using just torpedo bats beginning like this week.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't work for everybody. So for the same reason, like, if you're a guy who consistently when you hit a baseball, it's in the barrel and that's your sweet spot, you don't need to move it. It's just for guys who get fisted a lot, no fence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's a couple guys made comments like, look, if you can't hit, you can't hit, so you know, but good hitters getting even more a Corey seeker, I guarantee you that he will turn it this soon.
Speaker 1: Did you see that Yankees are rolling out these gloves that are three times larger than.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you can just get them out all the time. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I like when people from different sports hang out together. Do you guys think Doug Fister ever hung out with Paula Kreamer?
Speaker 2: I think they probably probably did. She's a big golf gal. Yeah, oh back in the day. Legend. Really it's a bit of a dated reference, but it's fine.
Speaker 3: Fisher been in the league in about five years either. That's why I think that they might spend time together. They're both out of their respective sports.
Speaker 2: They're retired. Keah, Yeah, he can swing on down to VI Caro and get eighteen. That would be a good fake show.
Speaker 3: Creamer and Fister, Yeah, wheat days, how about a little afternoon delight with Creamer and Fister?
Speaker 1: I take it, okay, but what they were wow, damn okay, But this does you know? Anytime a team does something within the rules and they find an advantage, the league has to figure out do we need to step in and stop it? And that's what the NFL is doing on the tush push right or have they decided what they're going to do?
Speaker 2: It is very funny because the competition can meet. A committee is meeting about certain rule changes. They're also already discussing the eighteen game season, which is the committee this year again. And so the dreen Bay Packers are the team that put that pushed the tush push band. They proposed the bill and what do you ban? Uh? The play? I know, but like you banned leverage. I understand there's a lot of people that do think it's like a rugby play, but this does come off as a team who just got beaten the playoffs by the Eagles doesn't want to deal with this play anymore. But isn't the play just a leverage blocking scheme? Right? Couldn't anyone do it? Yes? They just they've just mastered it and it's a weapon for them.
Speaker 3: And by the way, didn't it take a step back once Kelsey retired? I mean, I know they still ran it with some effectiveness, but didn't it lose a little bit?
Speaker 2: They? Yes, it was stopped a couple of times. Yeah, that's doesn't So here's what they're leaning on. And this is a it's a card they can play all right, player safety. They're talking to catastrophic neck injuries. But by the way, you know, the Eagle center and guard have made comments about how they hate that play. Jason Kelsey talked about it. He hated that play. He's like, you're I'm about to get I'm about to get dog piled. Basically, Okay, it's not great. So that's what they're leaning on. The they don't know everyone who's like been against it. The Packers the one who proposed to Bill, so it is them. The Bill's head coach Sean McDermott, who did the weird nine to eleven thing a few years ago. He uh is also very much against it. Now. What's great, though, is the coach for the Eagles, Nick Sirianni, who I want to hate but I love what he did, he said, Kellen Moore, Shane Steichen who's the coach of the Colts, and Jonathan Gannon who's the coach of the Cardinals. They're all head coaches because of that play. So they're gonna vote for it. I know we got four votes there which a little bit of a shots fired at Kellen Moore maybe, but I thought that was an interesting thing to say. So wait, I'm not sure I follow these guys. The coach of the Colts and the Cardinals and now the Saints were coaches for the Eagles. They were the offensive coordinators there. Oh, so yeah, they better vote for it. They won Super bowls because of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the coaches get to vote on the competition committeeeah, okay, I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: When is the draft? April twenty fourth? God Angel that far away? Yeah, three weeks, three weeks away.
Speaker 3: That's uh, that's Sumo weekend, ben Ah. Yes, we'll tell you more about that later on. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell CD's sound System weekend in Dallas.
Speaker 1: I have seen a little more social media about the Cowboys trading up for Travis Hunter.
Speaker 2: I'm saying more chatter. Do you think it's real? Well, buzz No, I don't think ros don't think they can do it. You did tag me in something, though, and it was this guy who you're gonna learn everyone's gonna know about soon. His name is Tedoroa McMillan. He is a wide re super Arizona Cowboys could probably take it twelve. He's like six foot five and there's a clip going around for him doing interview and he's like eating cereal and like CD in an interview right in CD, the one who did that, Yeah forget it. Yeah over zoom. He's eating cereal interview with two guys and they're asking me if you like what I was watching film. He's like, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, we watch We watch film as a receiver group, so I don't ever need to watch on my own.
Speaker 2: I don't want to watch football. So, man, I was curious something. He was like, are you worried?
Speaker 3: And I was like, remember remember when everybody was worried because Miles Garrett was into poetry. I mean that certainly played out that he's not a player. Remember that coming out of A and M It was like, I don't know if he'd loves football. Man, he spends a lot of time with poetry in film.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd have to I'd have to go back and like ask players how important it is?
Speaker 2: How about marriers?
Speaker 1: So if you're so talented, you don't ever need to watch film?
Speaker 2: Are we in the only industry of people that actually like work. I think that's what you're kind of asking him your job? Do you really like it? I like to go and play the games and stuff. But I'm watching the film. I'm good. I'm not worried about because he's great and I would take him at twelve and what they're going to do, Yeah, that's what they were. They're going to do sweet though they could probably use a cornerback. Dude, it's fine. Can he also play cornerback? I saw a gent comparison. No, he can't. Did you see Gent's private workout talk about creamer? Yeah, that dude looks like he was made in a laboratory. Well, let me just tell you it doesn't sound too private if you've seen it. That's fair. NFL people just salivating over that guy. I saw a comparison to him that was interesting, Ladanian Tomlinson. I was like, Okay, that's the best one I've seen. I've always said that it's very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you take the six five receiver over the badass running back.
Speaker 2: I gotta have a second wide receiver. I'm find a running back approved it last year. Zeke. I mean, are you guys worried about Dakota that uh if you I'm not worried about him unless well, okay, he can't run and he can't move anymore.
Speaker 3: I seriously think if you look at how successful Flacco has been in his late thirties and early forties, I am completely unconcerned big wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, that's if you get the big wide receiver for him. I think Dak's MVP season really not the MVP, but like that Caliver because it'll go to my home. He'll be the runner up MVP in the NFC.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd love I would seriously love it if we got that big, bad six or five receiver you're talking about and then got like a really good rookie third round running back.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun, man.
Speaker 1: That's what they should do. It'd be fun. Will they get a quarterback in this draft too?
Speaker 2: They shouldn't do that. There's not any good ones. All right.
Speaker 1: There you have it. There's a Round the Sport coming up next. It's the only segment of the day that shall to be podcast at the Today Game, followed by some Sydney Sweeney action and that happened in Dallas. That's all coming your way next. On ninety seven point one The Eagle