Speaker 1: Arc the talk Station seven thirty eight fifty five KC the talk station. Huge fan of the empower Use Seminar series. I always love to give credit to Dan Reagnold, now retired from Frame USA. I know he's busy in his retirement, but the Frame USA still has the Empower You Seminar Studio where you can attend those meetings when they are live, or you can just log in from home, which is I always say, it's so easy to do empower You America Dot or just register before the event starts. In this event that we're talking about today with welcome back Tom Hagenhorn. He is a lifelong learner. He's been researching and talking about the many fats as of Western socialism and progressivism. Previously given the following talks at empower You Socialism in the US, A Brief History ESG, introducing our New World Government, American education and its takeover by international socialism, and Climate Calamity Climate Change Exposed. Then a member of the Empower You Board, and thank you for your service to the Empower You providing investment advice to individuals since nineteen eighty three. BS and an MBA from the University of Cincinnati, my alma mater and the CPA. Welcome back Tom Hagenor to talk about oil subject matter the empower Use sum in our presentation take a place Thursday beginning at seven pm. Tom, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Brian, happy you're doing this topic. I mean, no one needs to tell me how important oil is this morning when I saw you're going to be on the programming, like, do you like plastic bottles? And I know plastic bottles have their own problems with them, but in terms of the cost of shipping, it's a good thing we have plastic to move around liquids because Lord knows how much glass ways and how much more expensive it would be. And of course glass shatters and breaks. That's just one thing that's happened over my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and you know, the thing is, there's an awful lot of propaganda surrounding fossil fuels, mostly oil and gas, and the focus is just incredibly narrow and it avoids petro cam I mean, my goodness, there's no clothes that you could You could wear some scratchy wool, I guess, you know, and a few other natural fibers, but everything we wear, plastics, lubricants, additives, fertilizer. You could go on and on on. I mean, modern life is not possible without oil and gas, and the chemicals that are created from oil and gas just not possible.
Speaker 1: Well, and fertilizer was one that came out as an issue, I know, with the situation in Ukraine, the bread basket of the world, I guess. But the idea that fertilizers and going back to Malthusians who think we're all going to you know, reoverpopulate the world to where we all starve to death. That was a concept from back of what the late sixties or nineteen seventy ish time frame. Look how far the world's population has grown. And look the world's population, for whatever reason, has gotten fat or not skinnier. We have been able to keep up with food demand because of fertilizers, fertilizers thanks to that evil oil.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so fifty percent of the world population is fed using synthetic fertilizers. And quite frankly, without it, there would have been a lot of start. We wouldn't have nearly as many people on the earth. And if we took it away all of a sudden or too quickly. We would actually have starvation in many parts of the world. That's how important it is.
Speaker 1: Well, some people believe that's exactly what our global leaders want. They really don't care about the day to day lives of the average human being. They have this broader world direction with fewer people, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think that is one of the some of the more radical components. I think people are pollution, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, and you know stumbling block that the Left is facing because physics and reality fly in the face of what their desires are. Okay, they say they want to get rid of fossil fuels and we're all going to drive these wonderful electric vehicles, ignoring all of the pollution and other issues those things create, negating any alleged advantage in terms of saving the globe from climate change. I mean diesel. Diesel powers our entire economy. Every semi tractor trailer with the exception of the three of them you see driving around California these days, runs thankfully on diesel. They go long distances without having to be refilled, and they are effective at what they do. The modern electric vehicle diesel or electric vehicle replacement truck weighs what twice as much, costs three times as much, and cannot carry as much equipment, and then needs to be recharged every one hundred and fifty miles. What would that do to the economy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that would It would be a black hole, is what it would be. Yeah, you know, and I know, and I think you do? You do you have an EV or you've driven an EV? There must be a lot of fun interesting But look, so what where's the electricity coming from to power that EV?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You know? It's coming mostly almost mostly from fossil fuels. And you know, interesting thing here. We've had this real push to reduce fossil fuels for about thirty five years now. And would you believe that in nineteen ninety and latest year I have stats for these are reliable stats, by the way, twenty twenty two. But if you compare nineteen ninety when this whole push started, to twenty twenty two, thirty two years, fossil fuels provided eighty one percent of the world energy in both years, both years, Let that sink in. We've not reduced the use of fossil fuels at all. And why why haven't we? Well, we could point to China and India. China eighty seven percent of their energy comes from fossil fuels, and the dirtiest fossil fuel is coal. Then you go to oil, then you go to natural gas. Natural gas produces the fewest greenhouse gases their biggest usage sixty one percent coal, eighteen percent oil, only eight percent natural gas. India is similar, just not as extreme as China. So everything that we're trying to do has been and we have been very successful at reducing our and limiting our greenhouse gases, mostly by converting gradually over fifty years from coal to natural gas, you know, reducing coal lot increasing. So we've been good citizens, we've been doing our part. It's actually mostly I think, been economically driven. It's just cheaper and you know, better, better for business.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well maybe I should ask you this Tom Orn, who's doing the seminar on Thursday night beginning at seven pm in Poweryoamerica dot org. Maybe the Chinese knows something that we don't. Since they continue to build coal plants, dirty as it may be, it's certainly fueling their economy. They're not seen, they don't seem to be too concerned about global warming or climate change or whatever we call it. Maybe they're not convinced that that's happening. Perhaps I'm sure that.
Speaker 2: Well, look and I gave a talk on climate change, and yeah, greenhouse gases are increasing, they have increased temperatures. The temperatures are minute. I just look to read latest upstate from the satellite data and it's like less than I think zero point three degrees fahrenheit per decade per decade. So we're talking about extremely small increases in temperature. And by the way, we've had the greening of the earth over the last forty years. Talking about feeding people, you know the other oo we need plants need CO two for synthesis, that is, they need CO two like we need air. And when you increase the CO two and we haven't, it has increased a lot. You just you cause a flourishing of plant life, including crops, and that's what we've seen over forty years. So the benefits to me have far outweighed any detriments from global warming. Well you are I think minor. They're real, but they're very minor.
Speaker 1: Well, and you point to the gradual increase in temperature. I mean it is well documented geologic data ice boring samples. We can go down the list. The fact that it's known that the entire state of Ohio was covered by a glacier at one point. I'm glad the world heated up, because well, I live in Ohio, and I don't think I could live on top of a glacier. You know, we grow food here now where we couldn't have if the Earth had temperature hadn't increased. It has done so ebbed and flowed since the dawn of the planet and before man walked the Earth. I mean the many ice age occurred during our respective recent lifetimes. I mean several hundred years ago. I'm glad it warmed up. Over that. We've had times of hotter climate and we've had times of coler climate. It's just that I think we are of the mind that within our little, minuscule, infinitestinably small lifetimes relative to the lifetime of the Earth, we think that what we're doing in forty fifty eighty years worth of existence is real time causing every single weather event that happens out there. And I think that's just a preposterous suggestion.
Speaker 2: But Brian, if you repeat a lie enough, and if you repeat it through many, many different media sources that too many people trust. You can get them to believe almost anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when you teach it to the little children in school who do not have logic, reason, or a knowledge of the globe's history, at least from a geological perspective.
Speaker 2: That's why the left once universal pre k because the earlier, the better, get those little minds when they can be formed. I mean literally, we don't. I don't remember what I was doing when I was three and four, but you can bet that the things that I saw and heard are a part of me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks to my mom and dad. I'm sure you can give credit to yours as well. Tom. Sure, Tom's going to be a fantastic conversation. Hey, so it's Thursday ninth, beginning at seven, How oil has shaped world history? You can do two ways. Log in from the comfort of your own home and ten virtually or show up in person. Two twenty five Northland Boulevard of the Frame USA building where the empower U studio is. Tom will be there. Tom. Good luck with the speech. I know it's going to be a very interesting one. I hope you get a good crowd. It's well deserved.
Speaker 2: If you do, Thanks a lot, Brian and everybody should know. It's always free. There's no charge.
Speaker 1: You got that right, Yeah, learn something, show up or log in for free. Thanks Tom, appreciate what you doing seven forty one fifty five krs. The talk stations always appreciate what Shabrie group of Keller Williams seven