Speaker 1: Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The Game's Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 3: The Bulldog Sports Page is brought you by Coffin and Linda injury Attorneys. We hear the Bulldog might be a little hobbled this morning, but not like a certain quarterback out of South Florida.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, man, Yeah, I went to the comedy show at the Kia Center last night, Sebastian. I don't know how to pronounce.
Speaker 1: His Yeah, he's the hot He's the hot comic right now.
Speaker 3: Do you have a few beverages last night, Doggie?
Speaker 2: I did have a few beverages last night. Yeah, I got like three hours sleep. I may still be intoxicated. I don't know, but anyway, Yeah, the Dolphins looked intoxicated last night.
Speaker 3: Is this where you would sing your your back to life back to reality song?
Speaker 2: Back to Well? Actually that the Dolphins should be owen too, because the Jaguars gifted them the game last week. So but yeah, back to life, Back to Reality thirty one to ten. They get blown out by the Bills. You mentioned Tua. He left the game in the third quarter because of a concussion man, I'll tell you what. So he's scrambling for a first down, gets hit, ironically by Tamar Hamblin, the Buffalo Bill's player nearly died two years ago. So he gets hitting the head, his head hit you know, the tackle. Hamlin hits his head on the tackle, and then his head bounces off the turf, and you know he does you know, he goes into that fencing position where you know where his hand sort of gnarls up, curls up again. This is serious because I was reading some stuff this morning. A couple of medical experts, one from CBS Sports. Their medical expert Marty Jeremio, says, again, textbook sign of a severe head injury. He hit his head twice, for on the tackle, second on the landing. This young man simply doesn't have the luxury of having multiple concussions and then thinking, thinking he could have a long career, so he says, you know, retirement has to at least be in play. According to this guy.
Speaker 3: Pack called it.
Speaker 1: He called it probably two if not almost three years ago, about the marshmallow helmets. And this past weekend, if you guys recalled Pat Knows, we had somebody playing in one They can use.
Speaker 3: Them in games now if they want to. I think they're gonna be mandatory very soon, bull Doug, I really do. This may be the final straw well.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, but this was the fear and the reason the Dolphins were tentative about giving Tua the huge contract with all the guaranteed money. They finally ended up giving it to him a few weeks ago, and they were concerned they could be on the hook for a lot of money if he suffers a career threatening or a career ending injury. And you're probably I mean, you're probably gonna accuse me of over reaction, but I don't think it is then hope reaction. I think the Dolphins hopes of making the playoffs and having a successful season are essentially over. Who do they have as a backup to Skyler Thomson? Yeah, I mean yeah, two is gonna be out multiple weeks if he even comes back at all this year, and the Dolphins, again, the Dolphins should be They weren't. They weren't good even with Tua in the game last night. I tell you what, two of three, three, two through three picks last night.
Speaker 1: I tell you what with the helmet you said, if two comes back, I can guarantee you he's gonna come back in the marshmallow helmet. And also, why not playing those I know that we all scoffed at it years ago, but think about it, Pat, they're practicing in the offseason with them. You're kind of used to those stupid helmets by now. If they're gonna save your career, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, if it could save to his career, obviously he had a play in it.
Speaker 3: But all right, well I'd wear one in here. To be continued, We'll see, hey, bulldog h We got the the Buccaneers traveling to play the Meatheads on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a big game. And Meatheads, by the way, the Lions, who are the like the darlings of the NFL. A lot of people picking them to get to the Super Bowl this year. They're favored by seven over the Buccaneers. That's in Detroit. That's gonna be wild up there. They are crazy about the Lions up there.
Speaker 3: But you know what I would I would like to get I would like to stress again here. I've been on the Dan Campbell bandwagon since day one. Y, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of people were including myself for sort of laughing when they named Dan Campbell the meathead, the head coach. But the guys getting it done. He motivates his players. He's got a great staff, uh and and a great roster right now.
Speaker 3: But don't be.
Speaker 2: Surprised if the Buccaneers go up there and upset him. Because Baker Mayfield was excellent last week. He's been excellent for you know, a year and one game for the Buccaneers. He's been really good. So we'll see what happened.
Speaker 3: And the Cleveland Clowns show coming to Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here, I'm not liking this. By the way, you see what the Jaguars have done with their stadium this week. They're naming it. I guess ever Bank Stadium is the name of the stadium, all right, But this week ever Bank Stadium is doing some sort of promotion. They're naming the stadium Trevor Bank Stadium. They're gonna have all sorts of signage out there for Trevor Lawrence. Yes, not liking this at all, Trevor Bank Stadium. I'll tell you what, he better play well. He better play well or else they'll be calling it never Bank Stadium as in Trevor will never be an elite quarterback.
Speaker 3: Oh wow? So yeah, no pressure, no pressure, no pressure.
Speaker 2: They've only named the stadium after you for the week. So other big games this week. The Bengals see if they can get off the schneide against Taco Bob's Kansas City Chiefs. San Francisco at Minnesota could be a good game. We don't know if Christian McCaffrey is going to play in that game.
Speaker 3: Do you think he will?
Speaker 2: Orleans at Dallas?
Speaker 3: Huh do you think he will?
Speaker 2: Do? I think he will?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: If he does, I don't think he'll I don't think he'll get a full workload. But yeah, New Orleans at Dallas could be good. New Orleans just blew out the terrible uh Carolina Panthers last week. But the Cowboys are favored by think about a touchdown. And then we have Indian Indianapolis at Green Bay should be a good game.
Speaker 3: All right, Gators this weekend? Dog, are you gonna be covering this or what?
Speaker 2: I will not be covered the Gators? But Texas A and M coming to Florida. We don't know who the starting quarterback is going to be. Is it going to be the freshman feet on. Is it going to be Graham Mertz. We'll see when whoever chops out of the field in the first quarter. But yeah, Florida needs to win this game. Texas A and M favored by three. You see f by the way on the road for their conference opener against TCU there, they're a one point favorite. You're one point favorite on the road. They lead the nation in rushing. We'll see what happens there as well.
Speaker 3: And we'll talk a lot more with out for Memphis by the way, and you see if we'll talk a lot more about their game and matchup with Mark Daniels, the play by play voice of the team, when we huddle up with him later. Yeah, no, go ahead with you what you're saying, Memphis, don't let you guard watch out for Memphis. Florida State's already oh and two. Memphis is coming to town. You know, Memphis might be the best group of five program out there right now. So this is not an easy game for Florida State. Florida State only favored by six points at home if they if they lose this game and go to oh and three. You know how fans are Florida State fans start grumbling about Mike Norville.
Speaker 2: I would think, right, I mean you can. You can be on the hot seat no time these days.
Speaker 3: All right, Well more college football talk. Like you said with Mark Daniels a little later in the show, Bulldog, get yourself a little bloody Mary going there this morning at the at the luxury condo, and you're gonna be all right? We do want to check in quickly, I guess at the F one desk here before we go rare.
Speaker 2: How's that feeling your hungoverhead? Oh?
Speaker 1: We have Oh boy, get ready for it. It sounds like the town that a lot of people live in. It's not Orlando, but Lando Norris is our winner this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, wow, I'm picking Ver Strapping.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: All you guys were talking about the last thing I was googling favorite anyway, Who do you got?
Speaker 3: NASCAR playoffs? Bull Dog Watkins gload? Who are you gonna pick? You know I'm going with I'm going with cal Lar, Okay, just just wanted to make sure, all right.
Speaker 2: Orlando City versus New England tomorrow night at the Purple Palace, the Orlando Pride still unbeaten. They host Kansas City tonight at the Purple Palace.
Speaker 3: AM seven forty The Game an FM ninety six to ninety game where you can hear Mike the Bulldog Bionkey host and open Mike and thanks for coming in for the sports page each morning here on JR. I brought you by Kaufin and Land.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning. I'm FM ninety six nine Game seven thirty am. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oh oh Linchinako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app