Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dan Caplas Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown filling in for Dan today. Good to be with all of you on this extremely hot day. I hear it's going to get up to ninety nine degrees tomorrow, so I think that probably means a swimming pool weekend for my kids. Hopefully you guys have plans to either be at the pool or indoors in this kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Weather, or maybe in the mountains.
Speaker 2: That'd be a great place to be and call her out of this weekend as well. But we have so many national issues to talk about on the show today. Federal cuts to Medicaid? How is that going to impact Colorado? Are all the I guess claims that you're hearing about that really true? Is it really a medicaid cut or is it really a change to eligibility for Medicaid? Which is something that we have deeply needed for a long time. We're also, of course, going to talk about Iran and President Trump's announcement the other day that everyone will know within the next two weeks what he's going to do. We're going to talk about some of the options the US would have go through some different elected officials on the federal level, people like Charlie Kirk, and their different opinions about what the US should do. If you have opinions on what the US should do or not do, you are very welcome to call into the show or text today the numbers eight five five four zero five eight two five five, or you can text five seven seven three nine and start it with Dan. Another thing we're going to cover on the show today is sanctuary state laws here in Colorado, because New York has the governor of New York has announced that they're going to provide fifty million dollars in taxpayer money to provide legal services for illegal immigrants. I'm sure this is in response to the Trump administration in Ice actually doing what they promised and cracking down on illegal immigrants, removing them from the United States and focusing specifically on the criminal But states like New York want to go ahead and fund their legal services to keep them here in the country. All the while, at least here in Colorado, citizens often are losing services, but we're paying even more for people who are not supposed to be here in the first place. So that's definitely an issue that New York is taking on, but it's already been handled here in Colorado by Democrats and the legislature who at least every two years pass another slew of sanctuary state laws, all the while Governor Polis continues.
Speaker 3: To claim we're not a sanctuary state.
Speaker 2: Well, the facts reveal and the laws reveal that we absolutely, very clearly are, and so we'll get into the details of that a little bit later in the show.
Speaker 3: I'm Christy Britton Brown. You're on the Dan Kapli Show. Some specific news that was released today.
Speaker 2: Some of the Minnesota lawmakers who were shot, Senator John Hoffman and his wife Yeavette, have been recovering in the hospital. I believe State Senator Hoffman is still in critical but stable condition. So they actually talked to the news today and revealed more about what happened when the gunman came to their door. So I guess what they've said happened is he came to their door at about two am in the morning and made a lot of noise, banged on the door, and yelled out that he was a police officer, and he demanded that they opened the door and that he'd be allowed to enter. And so, as most people would do in that kind of a scenario, they opened the door. They were there in their home with their adult daughter, and as soon as they opened the door, they saw that he had a gun pointing at them, and I believe he began to shoot, and the state senator like lunged at him to try and get the gun down because his wife and adult daughter were also there. He was shot eight or nine times, and then his wife was also shot eight or nine times. And by that point their adult daughter was able to shut the door to the house a locket and call the police, and the shooter went on to actually go to another legislator's house and kill her and her husband. But I think this brings up something that's really unexpected for a lot of people, Like what do you do if a police officer is at your door in the middle of the night and you don't expect it. I mean, most people would answer the door. That's what you're supposed to do. But I think one thing about this scenario that no one would have known this ahead of time, but now I think we could really think about and evaluate it. Police officers usually don't come to a house alone in the middle of the night. They come together, and so I think if you're ever in a scenario and hopefully no one ever is in another scenario like this, but if you are and there's a single police officer outside your door yelling for you to open the door, A lot of police organizations actually recommend that you go.
Speaker 3: Ahead and call your local police officers.
Speaker 2: You call your local sheriff's office and ask if they send anyone to your home. That's a very acceptable thing to do so that you know you don't find yourself in this kind of a scenario. I know that's what Minnesota police are now recommending specifically the legislators, but I think people in general do is go ahead and make that call, ask if they're supposed to be there. So sometimes it's just such strange things we have to consider in today's society, with so much violence and terrible behavior that goes on. Whether we're talking about said at protests that should have been peaceful, whether we're talking about gunmen coming to doors of people. They disagree with a lot of very unnecessary, in tragic violence in our society. Now, this actually leads me to Iran, which I think is going to be a big, big topic today. What would be the purpose of the United States engaging in Iran? Of course, there are a lot of people both on the left and the right, who are saying, no, not another endless war in the Middle East. The US should stay out, leave it alone. Israel's got it under control. They believe that President Trump is more of an isolationist, so to speak, make America great again, not the world great again. And so you know a lot of either hesitancy or objections from people saying, well, let's hold back. What are we doing jumping in the Middle East again? I think it's really important for that reason that people know the very specific involvement that President Trump is suggesting.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I also will say that I think sometimes President Trump isn't necessarily I don't know, explicit in all the detail that he gives when he says, hey, here's exactly what we're considering. Sometimes I think he talks a lot in general terms without sharing some of the details with people. Of course, some of that's going to be for national security reasons, and sometimes it is because that's just how he is. But the biggest thing that the United States, at least that has been reported in some outlets and sometimes by the White House and press conferences, is the bunker buster bomb.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many of you are aware.
Speaker 2: I had to look up what that was, but it's this extremely giant bomb that can actually could take out Iran's one of their most dangerous, dangerous nuclear facilities that is in.
Speaker 3: The side of the mountain.
Speaker 2: It's actually kind of like the facility we have Cheyenne Mountain and down in the close to the springs here in America that we have in Colorado. Iran has a facility like that, but they have a nuclear facility similarly built into the side of a mountain. Very very hard to take out. I mean, there's a reason countries do that. It's difficult to get taken out.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Israel doesn't have these kind of bombs, the bunker buster bombs that can blast into the side of a mountain and take out whatever is beneath.
Speaker 3: We do in the United States.
Speaker 2: Furthermore, we have the B two bombers that actually carry these bunker buster bombs. Your average bomber can't carry them because they're much too big, much too heavy. So Israel has neither the weapon that is needed nor the aircraft that's needed to bring it.
Speaker 3: In the US does have it.
Speaker 2: We also have it currently located within flying distance of Iran's facility. So this is the specific request that Israel's making, At least I think Israel's making it of the United States. I'm pretty sure it's exactly what they would want is for this nuclear facility to be taken out. So that is specifically what President Trump is considering doing. I for one thing, there is a giant, giant difference in a very targeted, specific strike and a whole long war.
Speaker 3: In the Middle East.
Speaker 2: So I think when we're talking about US involvement in Iran, it's really important to know exactly what we're talking about and not.
Speaker 3: I think blow it out of proportion.
Speaker 2: And we're going to get into some clips after the break of what how different people are analyzing this, what they're saying about it, and would love to get your feedback too.
Speaker 3: You can plan on calling in after the break if you'd like.
Speaker 2: Eight five five four zero, five eight two five five, or text your thoughts to Dan at five seven seven three nine. But I think we should just be very specific about this situation that's actually at hand. I really don't think with President Trump's view of foreign a US involvement in foreign wars, that he's actually thinking about putting our troops on the ground. The US commonly sends special forces into places like Ukraine and trains their soldiers how to fight against Russia. We commonly send our special forces over to Israel and actually learn from the Masade, while we also teach them, you know, things that we know how to do.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of coordinations.
Speaker 2: If you want to consider that troops on the ground, I guess you can, but it's really not the conventional definition of troops on the ground, and I have not heard that that's something that President Trump is really considering. So I think we need to separate our idea of some big long war in the Middle East with a very targeted strike that would be useful for the entire world. When a country like I Ran continue used to say, on one hand, oh no, no, no, we're only using this for our defense.
Speaker 3: We're peaceful.
Speaker 2: Our production of nuclear is just peaceful, just for our own country. And then two months later they say oh again, they repeat their wish that Israel be wiped off the map and say we have the ability to create these weapons and we can and will anytime we want. I mean, this is a very volatile, dangerous situation. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. When we come back, we'll listen to a variety of congressmen and commentators on the situation with Iran and hopefully get your thoughts too.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 3: You're back on the Dan Caplas Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown.
Speaker 2: Before we get into more discussion on Iran and contrast what different congressmen are saying about the US potential strikes in Iran, I'm gonna go to something one of our textures said on a very different topic. They said, why is nobody talking about them selling off millions of acres of BLM land and US Forest Service land in this bill, the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 3: This is something I won't support if they saw off the public land.
Speaker 2: I happen to be a hunter and a conservationist, but nobody on the right wants to talk about that. Actually think this is a great question, and it's one that's been coming up over the last couple weeks with provisions in the Big Beautiful Bill so called, to sell off some federal land. So anyone else who has thoughts on this would love to hear from you as well. But I think there's a few facts that are necessary. I'm sure that texture is probably aware of this, but the Big Beautiful Bill is actually considering selling off zero point five percent, so half a percent of all the federal land that is owned by the United States in our nation now. Still, I don't think most people are aware of that small of an amount. But a recent poll show that seventy one percent of Americans oppose the sale of public land.
Speaker 3: They don't think this is a good idea.
Speaker 2: So I think when we're talking about it, there are a few things to consider, like why in the world would we do this in the first place. Why are they even considering it? Well, there are a few reasons. One of them is that selling off some federal land could allow for more energy production in the United States. Some of the federally owned land is very oil rich, actually, and so we could get more oil and either use it in our nation or sell it export it is one possibility. Another one is, of course, the money from the sale of the land could be significant, depending on how much it is and who we sell it to. Housing availability and affordability is the reason that most people are talking about right now, because they're specifically talking about selling federal land in the Western States, to include Colorado, where we do have a lack of affordable housing, and so they're saying, well, if we sold some of this land, you can make more affordable housing. I'm personally curious who actually wants to move onto this land, like it is way in the middle of nowhere for the most part, so I'm not even sure it's close to jobs or anything like that. So I don't know how much I buy that reason. But that's the reason that's being talked about. And then another one that I think a lot of people probably could identify with is that states and or private entities can manage the land better than the federal government when the federal government has millions and millions of acres, and for many years a number of the portions of the land, certainly here in Colorado, have not been managed well when it comes to wildfire risk and other things like that.
Speaker 3: So it depends on which state.
Speaker 2: Though, I mean, would Colorado acts they manage that better, would California actually manage that better? We've certainly seen that California doesn't. So what a state actually take care of the land and minimize the risks better than the federal government has done. Now, if we're going to talk about reasons why not to sell the land, in addition to well, it's considered US land, the land that belongs to everyone.
Speaker 3: So what's going to be the limit? When is the US going to stop selling the land?
Speaker 2: There's been some talk of it being used as like leverage and debts, and so some people are saying, we've better make sure that doesn't happen, because if it does, then China could actually get a hold of the land.
Speaker 3: That would be a terrible, terrible idea.
Speaker 2: But another reason, and I think this is the biggest one that applies to Colorado of why a lot of people are saying don't sell this land. There are a lot of ranchers and cattle owners, specifically in Colorado who are.
Speaker 3: Able to lease the federal land.
Speaker 2: And that's actually the way that they're able to run their operation and have their ranch and run their cattle. Is because they have a good deal to lease with the federal government beneficial for the land. It's beneficial for the ranchers if any of that land was sold.
Speaker 3: I mean, is the state going to allow ranchers to continue to lease the land?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. The state is very anti agriculture here in Colorado. And then of course there's some hunters and fishers who also have concerns about what would happen if the land were sold.
Speaker 3: So it is a big issue.
Speaker 2: If you have any thoughts, feel free to call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five or text Dan at five seven seven three nine. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're here on the Dan Kapli Show. I honestly don't have a hugely strong opinion on whether or not we should be selling off federal land. To me, what matters more is who would get a hold of it and who would own it, Because there's any risk of China or an other country getting a hold of it, that's absolutely awful. If it really does take away the benefits that United States citizens enjoy from the federal land. I'm not a big fan of that. I think we should keep a lot of nature. I think we should keep a lot of access, but half of a percent of the land to allow for energy production, maybe some more affordable housing and things like that, better management of the lands. To states, I would actually do it, I'm not sure that is a terrible idea. Senator Mike Lee, who tends to come down on a good side of less government involvement, is supporting this provision, and he comes from one of the western states that would be affected by this. So I think as long as it's kept very minimal, very specific who buys it, it might actually be a decent idea. But we'll see what actually happens. Let's go ahead and move to it. Back to Iran. Now, I'm going to do first by taking a caller, Robert from Denver. Welcome to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: Hey are you I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you good?
Speaker 4: Good? I just wanted can I comment on the Iran situation? Yes?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: Do? I think the United States is going to have to deal with it? And because if you look it up, Iran who's launched seven satellites? Okay, yeah, WELLUS are you using hypersonic whiles against Israel right now, right five percent years at least six thousand miles an hour, and they can change the direction as they need to avoid the by a dome and whatever you use. So I think, and here the fact that brand took over our embassy the Eyotel did, right, and we held our embassy staff hostage for four hundred and forty four days, and they call us the Great Satan, right, I think we're going to have to deal with it. I don't think we can just say we need to make peace and they're able to stand down. I don't think that's going to work when they're already launching, according to Wikipedia, seven satellites in this space.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, they continue to develop their technology. Despite all their claims for peace, their intentions are quite obviously to attack Israel first in the US second. So I think you're right when we combine the technology they have, what they've already shown they're willing to do, and what they have done in the past with the specific situation, I think that's going on right now. Israel was able to cut down on the power of Hesbalah of the hoodies in Yemen, and with the Assad regime toppling in Syria. I mean, that's a lot of Iranian allies that have been taken out or significantly weakened. So in many ways, it's a prime opportunity to you know, take away this threat that absolutely exists, as you're saying, Robert, to the United States as well as Israel.
Speaker 4: All right, well, I agree with everything.
Speaker 3: Thank you, awesome, thanks for calling in. Good to have you. All right. You also could call in.
Speaker 2: If you have thoughts on the conflict in Iran and what the US should do eight five five four zero five eight two five five, or text your thoughts five seven seven three nine to Dan.
Speaker 3: Let's let's see.
Speaker 2: I don't think I quite have time to play a clip right now, but we have a Democrat congressman, a Republican congressman, and then Charlie Kirk, all of whose opinions we will get to you on the Iran conflicts, see if they match up with any of yours, or if you have a completely different idea. But I think to Robert's point, to our last callers point, this really is not just in Iran Israel conflict. That's been a lot of American's objections to some of the former wars in.
Speaker 3: The Middle East. They say, well, while.
Speaker 2: It started out as the war on terror or weapons of mass destruction, at least we believed they were there in Iraq, it then became nation building. It then became very focused on other countries problems in other countries' conflicts, not something the US should be directly involved with, according to a lot of these people who don't want to see involvement right now. But I don't think anyone is suggesting that we need to go build a nation in Iran. There are a ton of people in Iran who would love to see the current regime overthrown, but they can't do it, and if the regime is fully taken out, they can actually take care of their own country and rebuild their own country. I don't think anyone suggesting the US should go in and do that. I also think it should be deeply considered, like what is your responsibility in the world when you are the top superpower. I don't think you can sit back as an isolationist and just say, well, you know, let's let the world take care of themselves, like you don't have to go in and fight every conflict. But you also can't sit back and just take care of yourself. The world falls to pieces if you do that, and you eventually lose your superpower status. So we'll continue this discussion Iran when we get back from this break. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Caplis Show. Make sure you call in if you have thoughts over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five or texture thoughts on Iran or any other topic to Dan f five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Dan Kapless Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown.
Speaker 2: Let's get us some commentary with different congressman and Charlie Kirk about the Iran conflict. Now, before I play these clips for you, I'm going to tell you just think the difference in these two congressmen. That Democrat Congressman Jim Heimes is from Connecticut and the Republican Congressman Mark Alford is from Texas. So think to yourself about how Connecticut and Texas might respond differently.
Speaker 3: And let's see how different it really is.
Speaker 2: Here is Representative Jim Heimes from Connecticut.
Speaker 6: There's some chance you could have the best case scenario setting aside right and wrong, in justice and injustice and all that. There's some chance you could get the dream scenario right, which is that the Iranian people finally decide they've had enough and they overthrow this regime, and you know, you get a situation where you know, this incredibly educated, very capable people decides that we're going to rejoin the Company of decent Nations.
Speaker 3: But you know, we're in the Middle East.
Speaker 6: You know, there are fifty other scenarios that range from you know, our naval base in Bahrain and their airbase and Cutter being attacked, to the fall of the King of Jordan. You know, the King of Jordan is hanging on by his fingernails for a the larger reasons. I mean, I could just go on for an hour about the different scenarios that if you are knowledgeable on the Middle East, you would say, hey, there's some chance of that too. So long winded way of saying, if you know, we can sort of joke about taco and you know, everything is two weeks or four weeks or never. But I think when you're talking about war in the Middle East, going slower than rather than faster is not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair point that the ideal scenario would be for the Iranian people themselves to overthrow the regime. But I do think they have tried that, and there's a lot of people there who would love to do that, and it's not the kind of regime that is easily overthrown for many reasons, one of the many being I mean, think about North Korea.
Speaker 3: How are those people supposed to overthrow that regime.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying those kind of things are impossible, but these are two of the hardest nations in the entire world for citizens who very deeply might want to overthrow the regime to actually be able to do it.
Speaker 3: So I mean, yes, ideal.
Speaker 2: Scenario, sure, practical scenario, I don't think so. That doesn't mean that Representative Heim's, Democrat congressman from Connecticut is wrong that slow walking this a little bit. It's giving some time to think about impulsively reacting to a scenario in the Middle East is the one is the right thing to do? I mean, yes, a little bit of time is good to make sure we're doing the right thing, coordinating with allies I'm doing well. It's necessary and not crossing lines that involves the US permanently in the Middle East again, but too much time also, you can lose opportunities. So let's listen to his one other comment before we move on to Congress and Mark Alfred from Texas.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm not surprised, right and you know, the fact that we're not reading about a US attack on Iran right now actually gives me a little bit of comfort. I was asked this morning, you know, if you're advising the president, what.
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 6: And the advice I would give the president is, you know, you are in a point of maximum leverage right now, right and off of you know, the regime has been badly hurt, badly embarrassed. They're probably worried about what's going to happen inside Iran with the Iranian people, So now is the time to call them up and say you give up any enrichment, which by the way, is the deal from the old JCPOA and yes that had a fuse on it, but you give up any enrichment. And this stops today point a maximum leverage. So you know, the fact that we're not talking about a US attack leaves me to believe that maybe that's what's happening, which I think is good because Jim, I mean, listen, I'll try to make this quick, but yeah, war in the Middle East is a hell of a roll of the dice.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'll just point out one thing from his comments. He's saying he thinks perhaps by buying this two week window, what President Trump may be doing is trying to negotiate some.
Speaker 3: Sort of deal with Iran.
Speaker 2: It may very well be true, but to his point, the exact thing that we would want in a negotiated deal like that has been agreed to before. Iran has said previously that they wouldn't make nuclear weapons. They've agreed before to let inspectors in. We've seen where that's gone. It is always only a temporary band aid when you're talking about Iran. So is that really the right answer?
Speaker 3: I'm here.
Speaker 2: Let's move to a Congressman Mark Alford. He's talking to John Berman on CNN, and let's get his thoughts.
Speaker 3: Do you think they have a nuclear ward?
Speaker 7: Now I don't have any way of knowing that for sure, but I'm not going to wait around and find out.
Speaker 8: The intelligence suggests that they certainly don't have a warhead, and there's discrepancy over that.
Speaker 5: Way they've made that threat.
Speaker 7: They want instead we're the great Satan in their eyes.
Speaker 8: Do they have an intercontinentibalistic missile?
Speaker 7: Not to my knowledge, I don't have any intelligence.
Speaker 8: Sim Burchett again, and these are his words here. He was noting that the Iranians right now can't shoot a missile. He said, past Greece. You know, obviously they're hitting Israel right now. But his point was that the United States, he does not believe, is that a direct threat to the Iranian weaponry.
Speaker 2: So that was really more John Berman from CNN than Congressman Alford. Will get to more of his comments in a second. But part of the problem with that kind of thinking is okay, so even if Iran doesn't right now have an intercontinent o ballistic missile, do we wait until they do to take out their nuclear facility, the most dangerous one in their nation? When we currently have an opportunity to do it? And if you weren't here on the last segment, one thing we talked about with the opportunity that is being handed right now to Israel and the United States is that typically Iran has much more I guess, much stronger allies. I mean Syria, with Asad used to be an ally, the Hooties and Hezbollah and Hamas used to all be there in the alliance in a way in different ways with Iran, and right now all of them have either been weakened or eliminated. So that is a very unique opportunity that currently exists. Here's more about what Congress ban Alfred said.
Speaker 7: Well, look, it is best to chop the head off the snake now before it turns into a Medusa. And once that starts, there is no turning back. I would rather deal with the situation now, a problem that we've been dealing with now for four to five decades, and get a leader in Iran who can truly lead the people and the will of the people who want normalcy.
Speaker 5: And I was just over there in.
Speaker 7: October in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, meeting with leaders, the President of Egypt, King of Dellah. They want normal in this region. They want someone to deal with Iran. They won't come out publicly and say remove the Ayatola, but they want some normalcy.
Speaker 2: Right, and this is I think that's right. That's part of the exact problem that goes on. There's a lot of countries that aren't going to take it on themselves to do it, and in some cases can't, but they don't really like the situation there either. And this is, of course, as we all know, what happens when you have a dictator cemented in a country for decades upon decades upon decades. It becomes even more difficult for the people of that nation to overthrow that kind of a regime because the control is more intense than most Americans could even imagine. And the ability to just you know, throw off the bans of that particular government isn't something simple. I mean, it's something we love to think about as Americans.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: That's how we started our own country. Throw off the bands of a nation who thinks they can govern us, who thinks they can send soldiers into our homes, who thinks they can imprison us whenever they want, And we're going to take into our own hands, create a constitution and create this nation. And here we are the most successful nation in the world who is able.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 2: But it is not that easy when you are under the kind of control that Iran, that North Korea are under. And I think a lot of people who are more isolationists in their opinion. Don't like this kind of thought, but I really do think it is part of the job of being the world's greatest superpower is to say, yes, our own nation should be our priority. Yes it should be America first, but America first doesn't mean America only. And so saying we do have summer responsibility to make the world a secure place.
Speaker 3: And Iran is a threat to us as well.
Speaker 2: Whether again, whether or not they have that intercontinental ballistic missile now, which I really don't think anyone thinks that they do have that capability at the moment, they would love to develop it. How do we know where their alliance with Russia is going to take them one day. There's a lot of volatility in this situation. Iran has proven that they're not the kind of nation to stick to the agreements they make. They're not the kind of nation that listens to the other nations around them, like Saudi Arabia and Jordan and says, you know, maybe we should take less of a hardline approach and actually take it upon ourselves to create peace.
Speaker 3: They're nowhere near.
Speaker 2: Going to do that with the current leadership they have, and that effects not only Israel but also Europe and also us here at home in America. So we'll get your thoughts in the next segment. If you want to call in a five five four zero five eight two five five, or you can text them to Dan at five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. Keep it here.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 2: I'm Kristy Burton Brown talking about Iran and what exactly the United States should do. In the last segment, we contrasted some thoughts from Representative Jim Hines, a Democrat from Connecticut, and Representative Mark Alford, a Congressman from Texas. I want to I have some texts actually to get to both on Iran and on the sale of federal land. Lots of thoughts on that today, which is a very important issue and something that's definitely in the big Beautiful Bill as they call it right now, which would specifically affect Western states like Colorado. So loo get to that in a minute, but I do want to play some of Charlie Kirk's thoughts on ran here we are.
Speaker 9: If we were to do forceful regime change sounds good, Lindsay Graham is cheering for that. What would happen to the refugees? Where would they go? Millions of people going to the West. The country could fall into civil war. And understand, there they're warriors there, These.
Speaker 3: Are the Persians.
Speaker 9: They were a great power for a thousand years. Not even the Romans could defeat Persia. And I'm not saying they're comparable to our marines or to our air force, but is that really the battle that we want.
Speaker 3: In front of us?
Speaker 9: And President Trump understands this astute lee. He is again he understand that so many people are saying, you must bomb right now, you must bomb right now, and other people equally say, oh, don't worry about it. Who cares if Iran gets a nuclear weapon? So President Donald Trump has something that the history books will write about. This is what legends are made of. This is the moment that President Trump was elected for.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can agree with him.
Speaker 2: This is certainly going to be a historical moment, whether or not the US jumps in and actually does the one thing we can do that Israel cannot do, which has use those bunker buster bombs to take out Iran's nuclear facility in the mountains. We're the only ones with that bomb. We are the only ones with the bomber, the B two that can take it in and do that.
Speaker 3: So it grew very.
Speaker 2: Historical moment that will set the stage for the future because it will either completely eliminate Iran's ability to produce nuclear weapons or will leave them with a limited ability to do so, which I'm not at all condenced.
Speaker 3: Is good for anyone in the world, including ourselves.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I fully agree with Tarlie Kirk on the whole. Not even the Romans could defeat Persia. These are warriors. I mean, any country is going to deeply go ahead and defend themselves fight.
Speaker 3: Could there turn into a civil war?
Speaker 2: And Iran sure there could, there's any Persians on both sides of that. I'm not really sure that's a legitimate reason to not do a strike, a targeted strike. Most people in the US are actually not talking about US going in and an acting regime change, us going in and doing nation building. That's really not the issue here. You'll always hear a few people out there talking about it. Yes, I'm sure Lindsey Graham is talking about it. That doesn't mean that the prevailing thought among people in the US government. It's like, we're talking about a very targeted strike and very targeted involvement, not even a full scale war, something the United States very specifically can do to go in and eliminate the ability of Iran to develop the kinds of weapons that could attack US. I also think it's very important for people to remember what Iran has been involved with over the year since at least the eighties, if not before, with American soldiers and with American citizens launching attacks and an embassy holding people hostage. They were the ones who were launching a lot of the attacks on our soldiers in Iraq like that was done by proxies of Iran, and I think a lot of people forget that that that was them doing it.
Speaker 3: It's the same regime that's in charge right now.
Speaker 2: Every opportunity that they have to attack Americans when we're anywhere near close by, they take it. And it's been extremely deadly for a lot of our military members. So this is not just a threat to Israel. It's been a threat to the US and our military men and women for quite some time. Let's listen to another clip from Charlie Kirk, though, talking about how Trump needs to balance two specific things as he's looking about potential involvement in Iran.
Speaker 9: The highest level statesman can only handle and can only manage, and that is to be able to balance two things. Number One, America does not want Iran to get a nuclear bomb, but number two, America does not want, in any way, shape or form to have a long quagmire in the Middle East to try to get into another Iraq or Libya or Syria or Afghanistan. And so it is a very difficult thread to needle a high wire act.
Speaker 2: Sure, we can agree it's difficult, but actually I'm not sure that it's quite that difficult. To be perfectly honest with you, I think if you there is always a middle ground. It's not always like, oh my goodness, we do nothing, or oh my goodness, we do complete regime change.
Speaker 3: Yes, Charlie Kirk is right.
Speaker 2: People don't want Iran to have a nuclear bomb or even the ability to build it, because, as we discussed on an earlier segment, that's what Iran constantly goes back and forth between, Oh, we have the capability to build it, but it's really only for self defense. It's really only for ourselves. Oh wait, now we can absolutely build it, and we could launch it on Israel anytime we want it. Like they talk out of both sides of their mouth, because they absolutely would take any opportunity they could to destroy Israel or destroy.
Speaker 3: The United States.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we don't want them to have a nuclear bomb for a whole lot of reasons.
Speaker 3: And so I think there's a very clear path.
Speaker 2: It's really not an either or, it's go straight up the middle to a very targeted strike that eliminates the potential for them building a nuclear bomb, and Israel's going to go ahead and continue to take their entire regime out. They've been very successful so far. I know they're going for the Ayatola himself, so hopefully it is real successful in that. I think Israel can handle a lot of this. They already are handling a lot of it. But there are some specific things that only the US can do that Israel cannot do, and one of those is taking out this very specific and nuclear facility. So I think that is a very clear balance between doing absolutely nothing and letting them have the capability to build a nuclear bomb and going so far as to be like, oh, let's nation build, let's resume change. We have seen that be unsuccessful in the Middle East, and we've gone that far even with good intentions. So just shoot straight up the middle and do a very targeted strike, do what only the US can uniquely do. I really don't think that's a super hard call. Now, I am not the president. Donald Trump is, so we'll see what he decides to do. But I just don't think it's that complicated or that difficult to make a decision like that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go to the.
Speaker 2: Text line in the limited time I had before I have to take another break. Someone saying Iran is currently occupied by an illegal Islamic regime. Obama had the chance to help the Iranian people overthrow their oppressors, but he turned his back on the Iranian students and left them to be slaughtered. Completely agree with you that President Obama greatly mishandled every opportunity that he had to help there be any change in Iran, did a horrible deal with them, gave them lots of money, bad decisions all up and down there. You know, again, I'm not the president, so I'm sure it's much harder when you're on the inside actually having to weigh all the information, all the security intelligence and everything that you're getting.
Speaker 3: So I think it is.
Speaker 2: Easy to be sort of an armchair quarterback and say, well, he never should have done any of that. I still don't think he should have, but it probably was a harder decision than it appears.
Speaker 3: To be from my end.
Speaker 2: But I've always thought that Obama made a huge, huge mistake with Iran. Another text saying, I think Iran in the world is calling Trump's bluff, believing he will do nothing over the nukes, bankrupting our already lost country like he did his company in the ninety funny comment there at the end. But you know, I actually think I agree with you that Iran probably believes that, because of Trump's more isolationist America First policies, that he isn't going to do anything, that He's going to threaten, that he's going to try and get them to negotiate and agree to some sort of inspection, which would be very humiliating for Iran even.
Speaker 3: To go that far.
Speaker 2: But I do think they're not completely convinced that he will actually order a strike like this. I'm not completely convinced that he's going to order a strike like this just based on, you know, probably some of the pressure he's going to get from his own party to like remain focused on America America only. But as I've said before, I just don't think that America first means America only. We can still do limited, targeted things around the world that help our allies, that keep the world safe, that accept the responsibility we have as a superpower. So yeah, I agree with you saying that they're probably calling his bluff.
Speaker 3: But he's very.
Speaker 2: Sometimes he's very unpredictable, and I think that you know, he calls their bluff too and says, okay, fine, here, here's what I'm actually going to do, and often takes a very strong position that does advance American interests, not only here.
Speaker 3: At home but abroad.
Speaker 2: So we'll find out apparently the next less than two weeks what's going to happen here the Dan Kaplis Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. Keep your comments coming, text them to five seven seven three nine, address them to Dan or call over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five will dive back into the sale of federal lands when we come back over the break, because a lot of Texters have interest in that as well.