Speaker 1: Clouds, isolated showers eighty one. That's today over nineteen to sixty seven with a few clowns. Tomorrow eighty eight to high isolated afternoon showers and partly cloudy skies down to seventy over night with a few clouds, partly sunny with yes, a chance of showers of storms as well on Friday eighty six for the high end seventy four.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's see what Chuck has on traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. A couple of wrecks in the clean up stages westbound on the Reagan Highway near Ridge Road that has the right lane block traffic back towards playing Field and a wreck on seven forty seven before you get to Milligan. Southbound seventy five continues slow through Wachman. Same for northbound seventy five out of Erlinger into town for an extra ten. Coming up next to guests who is just finished all who ex floor exercises, and it looks like yes, indeed, our next guest is going to take the goal for political commentary. Here comes the judge Chuck Ingram on fifty five k or see the talk station, Hey.
Speaker 1: Thirty three fiftybout karsee talk station. Of course, Chuck actually got a right on that one. Welcome back your honor, Judge Ennapaul Tane. When the hels of Congressman Messy the best one to two punching radio is always like to remind folks, but everybody knows that.
Speaker 4: Well, Thank you, Brian, and good morning, and thank you Chuck. The gold for political commentary is for my predecessor as a guest here, Boy, am I riveted when the two of you speak to each other. And of course I've voluntarily kept my mic on mute because it's Congressman Massy segment.
Speaker 2: It's not mine. One of these days we'll do the joint one, Yes we will.
Speaker 4: The thing he says is fascinating and quite frankly courageous because there are very few members of Congress. There are no members of Congress as devoted to preserve and protecting and defending the Constitution as Congressman Thomas Massey.
Speaker 1: Ay men to that, and of course you know it's a wonderful segue to your column which comes out tonight, Colleague Schik Muhammad and the problem of torture. We have talked about this issue before, but your column does a wonderful job and just showing how fast and loose people are willing to be when it comes to just eat. They're bad people. I'm not gonna argue these guys in Gitmo are are are angels and aren't worthy of some kind of punishment. But you got to go through the got to go through due process. But they have gone through twists and contortions, you know, from the torture that you we've we've talked about many times, to the venue situation.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's it's expedient.
Speaker 1: It's just ignoring the law for the purpose of getting a result you want without going through the appropriate channels.
Speaker 4: And if they have gone through the appropriate channels, if George W. Bush had not listened to Alberto Gonzalez, his his then White House counsel and eventually as Attorney General and same person that's trying to get to bomb Iran today, Senator Lindsey Graham, If George W.
Speaker 2: Bush had not listened to them.
Speaker 4: And allowed these creeps to be tried in federal court where the crimes were committed. That would be Alexandria, Virginia, the Pentagon, New York City, Manhattan for the World Trade Towers, and I don't know where the venue is for Shanksburg, Pennsylvania, but they go have consolidated them all in one. The trials would have been over by now, no torture admitted in the federal courts, plenty of other evidence of their guilt. They would have been tried, convicted, and either executed or sentenced to Florence, Colorado, where al Chapo and people of that ilk are. But instead they created this military tribunal system because they wanted quick, rough justice quick.
Speaker 2: They've been waiting for.
Speaker 4: Their trials since two thousand and six, that's eighteen years ago. Now on the Verge trial, the government, the government says, we got to talk settlement. We can't try this case. Our lawyers can't defend torture. The CIA will go ballistic if all this stuff comes out. We've got to settle this case. They agree on a settlement, The defendants agree, the prosecution agrees, the judge accepts the terms of the settlement, and then the prosecution, in the form of Secretary of defense Austin, not a lawyer and probably not familiar with all the legal problems in the case that I've outlined in my article, says we don't agree now under the federal rules. As you know, once the court accepts the guilty plea, that's it. Neither party can change their minds. So I don't know what's going to happen next. Either the guilty plea will be accepted over Secretary Austin's objection, or we're going to have a trial that's going to expose the worst behavior of the federal government in the past twenty five years.
Speaker 1: And there's the first thing I thought of when the plea agreement was reached, was you, because of the points you've made before, torture is not allowed. You can't torture some many exact confession out of him. That torture is going to be thrown out. It would obviously have an impact on a potential outcome from a jury who would hear the evidence of torture. We would be made to look bad, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. And the other component of this, the retraction of the endeavor to retract the plea agreement seemed to come on the heels of people's demanding that this guy be put to death. Now, I'm not a fan of the death penalty because if a state can take away life, I worry about that because the state screws up all the time. I don't want the life and death decisions being in the hand of a state, which regularly lies to us sometimes and over the history of our country, is quite often put up liars on the stand and corrupt prosecutors to present evidence that isn't there, or withhold evidence from defendants that might be exculpatory. We've heard that story before. It is written in the law.
Speaker 2: So that's me.
Speaker 1: But this demand for the death penalty when the guys agreed that he would just spend life in prison, what I mean, what more could you hope to do with the guy? You know?
Speaker 4: You know, I agree with you. I understand the demand for the death penalty. I'm against the death penalty. If the government derives its powers from the consent of the government, we don't have the authority to execute people that are found guilty of crimes, and we can't therefore delegate that power to the government. That's a philosophical argument. I understand people who say, my God, you commit a murder in cold blood in the streets, in a city, in a state that has the death penalty, you can be executed. These people killed three thousand people in them are not going to execute them. Blame Lindsey Graham. Blame the people that concocted this torture. Blame the people that prohibited the removal of these defendants from Guantanoa Bay for any reason, for trial, for sentence, or for execution.
Speaker 2: Isn't that absurd that.
Speaker 4: The Congress did that because Barack Obama threatened to remove them under cover of darkness to the MCC the Metropolitan Correstionalist Center in New York and dyte them, charge them and try them there.
Speaker 2: And the Republicans want reserves.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're too dangerous to be put in a jail outside of Gitmo.
Speaker 2: There's three of them. There are one hundred people that run the jail. It costs five hundred and forty.
Speaker 1: Million a year.
Speaker 2: Who do they think they're kidding? I know?
Speaker 1: And a president which has the worst of the worst of the worst murderers, rapist, thieves, thugs. If they can manage those guys, they can manage a couple of conspirators. And that's the other point you made in the article, which is really worthy point. They created the military tribunal because this, which is supposed to be for military combatants and military related issues, this was non military. These were not uniform combatants. They were conspirators. They directed the behavior of those who flew the planes into the buildings. But it's a conspiracy. Now you can be held accountable for the damage you do. You can be found guilty of murder if you are a co conspirator, even though you didn't pull the trigger. But as you point out in the article the Military Tribune, that's a legal issue that isn't dealt with in these tribunals. It's a federal law.
Speaker 4: Tribunals cannot try conspiracy cases. So again, Lindsey Graham Special.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to be picking on him.
Speaker 4: It's actually a nice guy.
Speaker 2: But again, a Republican Congressional special.
Speaker 4: Oh, even though it's a military tribunal, they can try civilian crimes and they'll follow the federal rules of criminal procedure.
Speaker 2: Okay, if they're going.
Speaker 4: To try civilian crimes and follow the federal rules of criminal procedure, why isn't it a regular federal jury trial before one judge. They've had four judges in this case. They've had four teams of prosecutors. They've had two teams of defense lawyers. The judge sitting on the motion to dismiss the indictment because of all the tortured do you know how many pages of documents are in that motion And he's a brand new judge in the case, forty thousand ages he has to read.
Speaker 2: This is mind boggling.
Speaker 4: The mess that they have created in the name of vengeance, George w not justice.
Speaker 1: Well, you put an exclamation point on that when you're on and the column comes out tonight, Colleague Sheik Muhammad, the problem with torture. You are laughing though and smiling at the conclusion, which is as good as we can hope for today given the subject matter. I always enjoyed this conversation, especially on the height.
Speaker 4: Too, but today was a special treat being able to listen to Congressman Massey. I'm so sorry for his loss, but I'm ecstatic that he.
Speaker 2: Is still his same old self.
Speaker 4: Indeed, I wanted to tip my hat to him for not showing up when Nettie, who spoke what a despicable, disgraceful thing. That was Netting, who had an audience he bought and paid for. Thomas Massey was not there because he's not bought and paid for.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get this three way conversation that we had planned before his wife's passing back on board at some point. I know my producer work with your people in Congressman Massy's people to make that happen, and I am really looking forward to that day as well. Judging and Napolitano find him online and judging Freedom. Who you talking to today?
Speaker 4: I am talking to Phil Giraldi XCIA and the investigative journalist to Aaron Mate, who has some very interesting observations. I don't know how he knows this about the private conversation between Joe Biden and Benjamin nettinga who two days ago, in which Joe accused Biebe of lying to him, and he did so in very very colorful, blue collar Scranton language.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anxious to hear that one find a judging Freedom, look at Facebook and YouTube and just search online generally, that and judging Paull the time you will find him judge until next Wednesday. God bless you, sir pleasure having you on the program as all.
Speaker 2: Okay you Brian, thank you all the best coming up in.
Speaker 1: Eight forty four. If you have KRCY talk station cover sence, he's a number to call. Cover. Since the John Roman and the team will take great care of you, why would you do it? Well, you want to pay less for medical insurance and you want better coverage, don't we all? Well, that's what John and the team are all about. They work with hundreds of insurance companies, thousands of policies, but they work for you. It's a fiduciary like relationship like you have with your financial planner. They have your best interest in mind. So what they do is do an individual analysis of every single one of their clients. Like if you're a group, you own a business, you have like thirty employees, you want them to be able to afford insurance, but they can't because maybe they're on a bombacare pan ninety five hundred dollars out of pocket. They don't have that kind of money. They cannot afford to pay the out of pockets, so they ignore buying insurance and put themselves at peril. Could file for bankruptcy as a consequence of that. No, he can get them all insured. He looks at each of them individually, puts a package together with dollar one coverage for less money. I know it sounds amazing and impossible. Trust me, he does this every single day. That's why I say it's worth a few minutes a year time to see if he can save you all kinds of money monthly, as well as put dollar one coverage in the mix. Call him up. It's a eight five one three eight hundred Call five one three eight hundred two two five five. You can initiate the conversation by filling out a form online at his website, where you can learn more about the process. It's COVERSINSI dot Com fifty five the talk station Men.
Speaker 2: If you're