Speaker 1: Pow, Hello, and welcome to a Gainsball after Dark. We now have as many episodes as Anita Campbell Green and Roger Dally have Dalmatians in Disney Classic one hundred and one Dalmatians. That was a long way of saying, how many episodes we have? Righto boo my nam nah? Well, you know it happens sometimes it would be like that. My name is more saying, and I am joined by Jean Luc Saibke.
Speaker 2: Hello, how do you gamers? Nope, I can't say that. That's that's got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is an Evan Langa classic.
Speaker 2: He's out here. He was gonna be on but he can't, so I'm just gonna steal his bits.
Speaker 1: Michael Hyam, how are you going to do? Baby?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 4: I'm doing terribly, but you know what I'm doing fine now because I'm here with y'all, because y'all are my friends.
Speaker 1: Hey. Also here with us is Jordan Ramey.
Speaker 5: What's up? You'd be soft will not let me rest?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have your soft will not let you rest, and Team Cherry will not let you feel joy. It's the it's the pained existence of Jordan Ramy. We celebrated our one hundred and first one hundredth podcasts last week. Now we're in a one hundredth podcasts and we're kind of leaning starting to lean back into video. We're bringing a video back in a in a way. So for those who have been with us from the very beginning of the ogs the day once, you might remember we started off with a few video episodes early in the run and then we kind of like, you know, the rona happened and they were like, goddamn, no one's got time for this, and no one's got no one's got the understanding. But now we're back. We're bringing it back. So if you're listening to this on an audio podcast, firstly, what you doing? I keep all the times. Head on over to YouTube dot com for slash game spots so you can watch the video and see if I'm kidding. Pull over, pull over wherever you're going is not that important? Pull over, make sure your handbreakers up, fire up the video and watch it on the on the video we're putting into video. Anyways, that was that, That was just our way of saying that we're trying to we're thinking about bringing a video back in a big, big way, So make sure you check it out. You know, even if you listen on audio, just go over to the video, click into it, and just leave it running in the background for between nine and nine and fifty minutes.
Speaker 2: Watch time you're watching a video, maybe sub to the audio.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Yeah, swap swap spot every.
Speaker 4: It's a live serve game spot Spot Infinity. Oh yeah, Hey, give me a motherfucker let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And like I just to reiterate, as John Luke said, if you are watching the video right now, when I head on over to a podcast app and subscribe there, you might not watch it, but at least our subscription numbers go up and we can carry on doing this bad boy, you know what I'm saying. Anyways, Uh, Jean Luke, You've had an eventful week. You've had new additions to the family. You've been playing video games. Tell us about it.
Speaker 2: I got a new new friend, a cat. Her name is Brinks. She is actually Max Gooville's old cat. They had a baby and they were like, we don't need this cat anymore. Please take this cat.
Speaker 3: Wow, I would give up peppers and keep the cat. Hot take hot Take.
Speaker 1: They didn't actually say that, but like I understand why that why that exchange needs toffen because goddamn she baby plus Peppers plus Brinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it Brings was kind of the odd one out, so I think it was just for the best. So we've referred to she she's a little we don't know her exact age, but we think she's around eleven or twelve, so she's a little old lady. So we've referred to our house as her her senior living home. She's gonna come chill with us and just relax. Don't worry about dogs or anything like that. She is so cuddly. She just loves to rub her head on everything.
Speaker 1: It's actually I'm very very excited about this as someone who lives literally doors away from you when I am in the States. This this is this like makes this benefits my life as well because now I can cat sit for you and I can play with Brings too.
Speaker 2: Immediately the second Tam heard, He's like, hey, you.
Speaker 1: Need a cat.
Speaker 2: I'm your guy.
Speaker 1: Breaks knows me as well. We a Brinks and I have spent some time together as well, so it's great.
Speaker 2: She's very very friendly towards people like just it didn't it didn't take very long for her to adjust and just be like, oh, like, you guys seem pretty cool. I'm gonna hang out with y'all. Yeah, she's been great, except for the part where she wakes me up at three in the morning figuring that out, still trying to set them boundaries, but otherwise that's been good. And in between that, I have been playing a little video games. Oh god, my brain was like looking for the video game music and we don't have that on this podcast. For those who don't know, I edited. I helped fill in on the BombCast yesterday, Light Flex Light Flex I was. I was filling in for Jam and I had to like practice all their things of like, okay, like Jeff saying, like, what we've been playing? I got hit the game music, so I was like, I was like still in that mode. I was like searching for it. I was like, oh god, where's the this.
Speaker 4: Small thefucker flexing.
Speaker 1: Moonlight says you, we'll get to that later.
Speaker 2: Game spot, What are you talking about. It's just it's just giants, just Giant Bomb. Now, everything's Giant Bomb. Yeah. I've been playing some video games. I've I've been playing like every two D Metroid. I've been just like going through them, mostly because I was doing like a video on them, so I haven't admittedly like I played like an hour or two of each of them and kind of like cycled through. But I definitely am like I want to go back and play all of these because Classic two Dy Metroid Whips, it's so good, Like those games hold up incredibly well.
Speaker 1: Without without self reporting. Are you playing these on on your on the original hardware or are you using other means to play them?
Speaker 2: I am actually playing them all on original hardware. Well, so, uh Metrod one and Super Metroid. I was playing on the switch with the like Nintendo Online, although I was using those like controllers they gave you like the like the Snassess controllers, so like felt like I was playing the original versions even though I'm not. But then for Zero Mission and Fusion, I have a GBA consolizer, which is a device that you can buy. It's like a modern kit where you take like the original guts of a g BA and you put it into this like kit and do some soldering and all this nonsense, and then it allows you to output that uh through HTMI to your TV and it looks crisp as hell. So yeah, I'm using my original GBA cartridges for Zero Mission Infusion playing on those, Yeah, it's awesome. Those games in particular, I have like a real, real fondness for the Zero Mission was like my first Metro game I ever played, because I never owned to console as a kids, like I only owned handhelds. And I love that game to death. I feel like I've I've probably played it like ten times or something, and like it's still it still holds up, it still feels so good to play. Man, I don't it plays a Metroid. You haven't played Metroid Like, It's kind of shocking to me, how like those like that that genre has like exploded, and you know, like man like Metro Venea is like they're everywhere you can, Like like I'm just like I'm walking around my house and I trip over like a new Metroids venue that someone made, and I'm like, and you know, like varying degrees of quality. You know, I never beat Hollow Night, but I've heard it's one of the best Metroid venuas. I'm sure, yeah, But but even then, so you'd think, like, you know, the ogs maybe like wouldn't hold up as much and they'd feel like dated. They really don't like they just like everything about like the the level design, to the controls. It just feels so tight and so just they're masterful. They're masterful.
Speaker 5: Let's say, you know why people don't play the OG Metroids because Nintendo makes it really hard to actually play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was something I asked them when we did our play for All Slash E three interview with the Treehouse team. I was like, you're releasing Dread, which is the canonical next entry in the Metroid series, the sequel to Fusion. Are you going to make Fusion available for people to play? And they were like no, No.
Speaker 3: They were like Metroid five. I don't know once are you?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know her. They're like, oh, yeah, you're gonna you're gonna buy Metrod five? What you want to play Metrod four? What's wrong with you? Are you crazy?
Speaker 4: We have five coming out soon?
Speaker 3: Why would you want?
Speaker 1: Why would you want four? Like mad? But I would recommend people one. Fusion is very very good, still like and without self reporting, there are many many ways to play that game very easily. Yeah. Also, Samus Returns three DS version is Sam's Returns.
Speaker 3: That's the remake of two, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the remake of two excellent excellent game kind of came in at the tail end of the three DS's life and got like forgotten in a big way. But a lot of the designs and systems and the team behind it obviously is working on Dread, So that is that is we Sadly you can't play the narrative like prequel to Dread, but you can play in terms of design ethos and gameplay experience, Metroid Sumich returns to get a kind of like a primer on it, and I highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like the that's the video I'm working on is like, hey, here are all the old Metroids, Like which ones are worth going back to play? How can you play them? Spoiler you need on a WEU to play a lot of them officially, But but yeah, that's pretty much kind of what my sentiment is. Like, if you had to pick two, be like for story purposes, play Fusion if you want to kind of feel caught up to Dread, and then from like a gameplay standpoint, yeah, play a play Stamps Returns on your three DS or however else you happen to play it.
Speaker 1: Nintendo Nintendo. This is only going to carry on if you keep making it hard for people to buy your old games. This is how it's going to be. No, I have got no guilt about it when it comes to Nintendo. Like every everyone else, I'm like, don't do that. But when it comes to Nintendo, I'm like, these motherfuckers don't get the ship about preserving their old games.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's on them.
Speaker 1: That's on them. I'm saying, Yeah, you've also been playing some Final Fantasy se.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was playing. I played that uf dlc uh. We had Phil on a couple episodes ago to talk about it. I don't know if I have.
Speaker 1: Much Are you feeling it?
Speaker 4: That was you know, that was good. I'm just thought of the booth.
Speaker 5: No, don't give it to him that good of.
Speaker 4: All the bullsh of all the bullshit Tam does like that was.
Speaker 3: Like like, oh ship, yo, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's not like it's not like a throw away these nuts joke, but like you know, we'll we'll get to we'll get to.
Speaker 1: How is it? Because I still haven't played it.
Speaker 2: It's it's great. Actually, I really like it. I think the main so the main criticism I've heard about it is how like doesn't do much to like progress the story, you're anything, and I think that's fair, but really, like, to me, the point of this DLC is to establish and make Ufi an actual likable character this time, because I don't know how you guys feel about Ufie, but like I was pretty whatever about her in the original Final Fantasy seven. It's partly the fault of like she's an optional character, so she just doesn't get that much attention, and like every time she does have anything to say in the story, it's always like, Hey, I'm gonna steal your manna and then fuck off, and you're like, God, damn it, you Fie, just stop stop doing that. Like ah, but this one is like, okay, kind of like with the rest of the remake, we're gonna sort of, uh, you know, keep these the core of these characters, but really flesh them out and and kind of give them like more more breadth, and in a way where it's like, I, you know, I was okay with Barrett in the original seven, but I love Barrett in the remake, and I thought Bart was fantastic, and I feel the same way about Ufi, where like they really really lean into how she is just like this sort of like kid who like thinks she's hot shit and and just wants to like everyone to know that she's hot shit and like prove herself. It's big like Naruto energy coming from Ufi in a way that like is it's really charming and endearing. So just it did its job where I was like, you know what, yeah, like Youfi's cool. I like UFI, like I'm excited for more you Fie now, and which is something I wouldn't have thought I would say after playing the original game. They also do some cool stuff with the combat where because it takes place like you know, you want to play after you beat the main game, they can go a little harder with some of the enemies and they can get kind of weirder. So they have a lot a lot more interesting manna combinations that are like very specific to Ufi's abilities, And so you have all these moves where she uses her weapon to not only do like you know, like front facing melee attacks, but you can also throw it and like do like some spin magic attacks. You can use certain manna to imbue it with different like elemental abilities and do like certain like Perry type combos, and then your your AI ally I forget his name, son On who's cool as well. He's got some like like I don't like daddy, like Nathan Fillion kind of vibes to me. I don't know, he's hot, Saddy, Yeah, he's hot.
Speaker 1: I like, oh, yeah, So he's a daddy and he steals artiffacts from.
Speaker 5: Daddy.
Speaker 1: He's a thief daddy.
Speaker 3: So he's drake yeah a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the because they didn't make him like a full playable character, because I imagine they were like, ah, that's a lot of work, and you know, he's not like a main party member the way you fee is like you know, so instead he is just you can only control him and making him do specific uh magic or attacks. And then also you can do this like synchronized button where uh he'll like mirror you Fi's moves, so like uh, you'll be like, oh we're gonna snchronize, we're gonnattack the enemy, and like UF you will jump on him and then like he'll jump and then you just do this like rhythm back and forth where you're both just like like ninja fucking.
Speaker 3: Like just menja fucking yeah, beating.
Speaker 2: This ship out of him. It's really good. It's like super satisfying. Kind of makes the game a little easy. When you do that, you're like, I'm just gonna You're like, I'm losing this fight. Synchronize then we win because we're just gonna out of him. But it's like really fun at the same time, like super flashy and really satisfying. I had a really good time with it. Also, music, I gotta say the music Ufi's music Battle theme slaps. It's real. It's real good.
Speaker 1: How How long is the doc?
Speaker 2: It's not very long. It took me like four hours. I granted I didn't do all of the Yes, the four Condor mini game, I played like one thing of it, and I was like, no, I'm not feeling this. I don't. I don't really want to, cause they were like, all right, now you can go around and fight all five Condor people and you're like, uh no, I'm good. Although one of the.
Speaker 5: Sorry look at someone who has not played Final Fantasy seven since it came out, how easy is it to jump back in and remember how combat works and what you're supposed to do to actually win? That's my biggest worry.
Speaker 2: It definitely took me a minute, Like I was kind of getting my ass handed to me for like the first like you know, a couple encounters, and I was like, oh man, this is like really hard, am I like forgetting? It's a little bit of both, like bait, the training wheels definitely aren't there. They kind of expect you to like remember how to play the game, but I don't think it's demanding enough that you would find it. I think you get back in the rhythm pretty quickly. And because it's just two characters and you don't even have to directly control one of them, you really can. Like they really let you just like focus just on learning Ufi as a character and then like getting to understand how she functions, and you're not juggling all these other characters. So a little bit of a learning curve, but I got into the rhythm pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Did you see the story about why Ufi was selected as the character for the DLC over Vincent.
Speaker 2: Because like Vince is just like showing in a coffin, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Vincent is canonically fucking asleep, So they were like, we can't do anything, well, this motherfucker he's fully asleep in his coffin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they also had those like the villain characters, which I guess are from Dirge's subers played any of the Final Fantasy spinoffs, So I don't know any of that. I mean, they were like, they were there, and I was like, all right, this is some like Square Kingdom Hearts ass, you know, bullshit, but I'm here for it, like whatever, it's cool.
Speaker 3: You know, it was.
Speaker 2: Fine, but I I didn't have any context for who those people were, and they didn't really reveal much. But like, I assume they will come back in like a youthy related thing in part two or three or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna check that out for sure. Yeah, especially since I love the original game and I'm due like a replay now that the PS five updates are out as well. Michael, Michael hospital. I was about to say, because I read what you've.
Speaker 2: Just I just.
Speaker 1: It's because well I've just read what you added to your what you've been doing, and it says two point a hospital in real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been. I've been.
Speaker 4: I spent the last stuff three four days in the hospital. Well the fucker, like, damn, this just sucks.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: So over for the July weekend.
Speaker 4: I went back to San Diego, uh for to like be with my family and be with my girl and like meet like meet up with her family and.
Speaker 3: All this other stuff.
Speaker 4: So I checked into the hospital on Friday to check out, Like my like, I have a swollen ass leg and what is someone has a leaf blown in the background or something.
Speaker 2: My neighbors, I don't know, they have like a fucking Dennis in their like or something like it sounds like a drill, is it that?
Speaker 1: No, there's that guy who like does woodworking outside. I always used to see him when I when I used to come out and he'd have woodworking out and he's like like fucking cutting pieces of wood and I'd be like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: It seems like an ideal time to do some wood cutting, I'm sure if he if.
Speaker 3: It's your day job.
Speaker 1: He's a lunatic man. So sometimes to see him, like you cannot be doing that shit, that's mad because like it's ridiculous. It travels as well. But he was on he was on my side of the apartment, so it for it to be that loud, it's gotta be someone.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's just my neighbors have like a blender or something and they make like their morning smoothie. But they also do it at like ten o'clock too, And I don't know what's up with that, But Jake used.
Speaker 4: To do that shit like six thirty in the morning when they used to live with Jake. I'm so glad he's on this podcast anymore. I'm just kidding now when we was doing now, when we was kicking it with him last episode. So y'all should check that out episode one hundred ogj Decnor you know what I'm saying. But yeah, I've been in the hospital for like three four days and then so I flew back home to be with my friends and family.
Speaker 3: Turns out they're gonna have to cut they had to.
Speaker 4: Come see me in the hospital U and then I had like half a day of actual vacation leftover. So I fuck went all out. I turned up. I was like, get these get these ivs off me, bro, where's the Henny at.
Speaker 1: Just coming out of the hospital and looking like Wolverine busting out of Weapon X, like with.
Speaker 4: A bottle of Henny in my hand and California burrito in the other.
Speaker 2: Just replaced the ivy bag with a bottle of head.
Speaker 4: With head That's what I said, give me those. Yeah, I was getting antibiotics. I want them, Henny biotics.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Let's let's go.
Speaker 1: Please drink responsibly. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, carry don't.
Speaker 4: Also, Henny hit me with the Sponsorhi, what's up with it? But yeah, I so, I haven't had much time to do anything. I like, I had my Switch, but I didn't really feel like playing video games.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was just like sad.
Speaker 1: But it happens. It happens, man.
Speaker 4: I hope it doesn't happen to anybody else because that shit fucking suck uh and many other things that happened while during my stay there. But I've also been I have played a game that many many A folk have been talking about called The House in fot some morgana. I got it right here on Switch. Yeah, I finally got to you. Natalie got to me, all right, So shouts out to my homegirl floor Is. I feel like I shout her out every time I'm on the goddamn podcast. But she has a good taste and I trust her on this one. She says it's the best game of all time, and that's a lot coming from her. It's also apparently the highest rated Nintendo Switch game in history. It has like a one hundred on Metacritics, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's got like perfect reviews, I think, because.
Speaker 4: It's like the only people who reviewed it, like, the only people who reviewed it are the ones who are like, yo, this shit is fire.
Speaker 3: Because this is like a like a an definitive edition of it.
Speaker 4: So of course the people are gonna play like yoh shouting from the rooftops. So I get it. It's a visual novel. It's kind of creepy, it has sensitive subjects, it has twists and turns, and apparently it's really well written. So I'm about to find out what that's about because I'm super interested in it, and I don't know. I want I want to be surprised. That's another thing too, is that when I play games now, it's like I want to be surprised by something, like even like the Big Triple A stuff is dope. But I feel like I've played these kinds of games, like I was playing Ratchet and Clank, like this is an incredible game, but I feel like I've been here before. I've done this and then playing Mass Fact obviously playing the Mass Effectory Master. These are games that I played multiple times before, and it's a lovely thing to have to remember replay those games in higher definition, in much more better quality of life. But I'm seeking things to be surprised. But I've also been playing a Fantas, which is also a lovely surprise in regard of like, oh, this is a this is comfort food. We've talked about that game previously. But like on Apple Arcade, I was just like chill in my house with bed, like, yo, where are my med's at? What can I get here? I listened to the new audio art already. I don't know what else, so I pull out Fantas. I'm just like, oh yeah, Fantation has been great, so house and foughts and more gone. I'm gonna find out what that's about. I literally just started it this morning. I bought it last night. I couldn't download on the plane, but I am going to play it now and hopefully this shit better knock my socks off. You know what I'm saying? Uh so, yeah, ya, should you should pep that? Or actually wait.
Speaker 3: Till wait till I say something?
Speaker 1: And then the coach should keep that the House of Fat mor Ghana.
Speaker 3: Oh, that would be.
Speaker 4: Big, will be cute, Oh my gosh, like the Final Fans fourteen has the Fat Cat Plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want a fat more Ghana plusure. Oh my gosh, should be so cute.
Speaker 1: It's currently on sale on Steam. Yeah, actually there, It's fifty percent off on Steam Steam the game.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what, like five seconds.
Speaker 1: Ago, it's on special promotion. Natalie got to Gabe as well. Uh damn. Yeah, she's very dude, She's she's prolific. This looks this looks like it could be interesting. I'm gonna buy it for myself because you know, it's a game on Steam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got to you too.
Speaker 1: I do that ship all the time. I'll by as of everyone. I'll buy a game on Steam and never play it. I'm down for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I am also very excited to get back into Final Fantasy fourteen because I need something that will comfort me, that will take care of me. They'll let me know that everything's all right and I can beat the shit out of motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: So always fourteen Chicken soup for I am for the song, Yes, for the soul. Well, I'm gonna well you've sold me on the house in Fata Morgana, which I'm gonna play. Maybe I will like stream it. Who knows, Oh, Jordan, what's that what you've been up to.
Speaker 5: Excited about? I've been playing Dokie Dokie Literature Club. Plus it's been a long time since I've played Dogie Doky lit Club, and that is it's the same game. If you've played it before, then you kind of know what you're getting into. I wrote a quick feature on how like maybe play the PC version and not the console version because I think the twist for Dopey Dokie works a little bit better on the PC version. But the new content, Oh, I like, I don't want to spoil it, but like, oh yeah, yeah, it's it's good. It got me thinking it's It's one of those things where there's not like actual gameplay per se, where it's like you're making new choices and seeing new outcomes. It's like literally visual novel. You're depending on the choices you make in the game. You unlock new scenes that showcase what Monica and the rest of the Literature Club were up to prior to the player character jumping into that story. So it showcases how they meet and how Monica sets a lot of the things in motion for that game, and then it also unlocks a bunch of optional text logs which seem to be indicating why what happens in Dokey Dokey Lyritric Club the plot actually happens. I'm trying to talk about this in a way that doesn't like spoil what happens. But it's interesting, it's cool. It's like an extra I don't know hour director's cut, the hour and a half of like new story content that's pretty interesting and pretty cool. It like ups Doky Doky from like a three and a half four hour game to like a five and a half hour game and cool stuff. It's kind of worth it, if for no other reason, just to see what the new content is. And it's easy to unlock the stuff because in a plus, if you've like if you've gone through a scene before, you can just press skip and will just skip you straight to the next choice that you have to make. So it's like, Okay, I don't need to see the introduction of all the girls again, just like a thirty five minute scene. Just get me to the first choice, and like perfect excellence you can just rock it through the story multiple times, see all the different outcomes and endings, and then get all the new content really quick. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: I've I've been I've been playing. I've been re experiencing that game in a very strange way.
Speaker 4: So you've been watching us Nick Scarpino's play through, right.
Speaker 1: I wasn't watching it. I was in it. I voice I voice Uri in that playthrough.
Speaker 4: I only saw that they were doing a playthrough.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Nick, has he done URI's route yet? Because I want to see that.
Speaker 1: So they, I mean like they started playing it. I I tuned in because I was like, oh shit, the kind of funny Lad's a plane? And I think, like, who's there? It was like, uh, Nick was playing it? Uh who else was on? Kevin was there? Kevin was Kevin Joey. I think I can't remember who else was there was? Well, there was a bunch of Mike obviously snowback Mike, and they like started playing it and I was watching along, and eventually they got to the point I think it was like twenty minutes in where they were like, oh, we should we should like have Nick was tired of reading. They were like we should have other people read this stuff out, and they ended up like there were too many characters and not enough people to read it. And I was in the chat, and the chat was like, Tam, go in and read a character. So I was like, well, if they want me to read a character, I'll let me know when i'll come. And Joey was like, yeah, jump in. So I jumped in and they were like read for Uri, and I from that point on just did a voice, like a proper like a voice, and like committed to it. I was like, I'm not going to break character. I'm just gonna So while they were all making jokes, I'm just sitting there silently like doing my yeah can you yeah, yeah, No, I'm not gonna do it, but I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 4: You really read the when we get to listener questions, you read the listener questions and your.
Speaker 1: It's not Here's Here's why I won't do it. It's because one, I want people to go and watch the kind of funny video. We we're gonna support our friends. We've got to support the homies like it's a fun video. And also because I can't remember how to do it.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing with.
Speaker 4: My homies too, like we streamed it and everyone had their own voices.
Speaker 6: We all had like wild accents and so so like I can't I obviously cannot do a female voice, like and I came up with it on the spot.
Speaker 1: So it sounds really weird when I hear it. Sometimes I was like I quickly read up on her character arc again and like her personality and I was like, okay, so what I want to go for is like soft and like sweet and reserved, but also kind of raspy, like a slightly raspy voice. And I was like, this is this is what I've got in my head right now. And I did it, and it sounds really weird. No, it sounds it sounds like it sounds really weird. It sounds like an anime, Like it reminds me of like the animal that I would be voiced in an anime. Like sounds really odd. You're like, this is anime? Comit the Frog? What's going on? So like, since then, I assume they're going to do a part two and Urie is in that. But like I was like, since then, I've like watched a couple of videos and how to do like a decent female voice, and I'm trying to like get it a bit better so when I get back there, I can do a better version of it. This is my big move into voice acting, as I like, I studied acting in drama for like five years in school and then I was like, all right, peace, I'm going to do fucking law school. I mean, like I that was a really what I wanted to do as a career as well. Like my teacher then was like, you should get into acting directing because you can do it, and I was like, you, you don't know what the pressures of a South Asian family. But yeah, so, Jordan, the other game you've been playing is Death's Door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, got hands on with the demo for that game, which honestly was, if I'm guessing correctly, is actually a pretty hefty chunk of the game because it's this game where you're playing as this cute little crow who goes into work one day, like just little Petter Patter. He's got this like tiny little glowy sword on his back and he's this reaper and basically the rule is is that like, if you're a crow in this world, you can be a reaper. And as long as you're a reaper, you don't have to die, so it's like, oh, yeah, I can be immortal as long as I just do my job forever and ever and ever. There's like a there's a deep, like I think, capitalistic mindset underneath all of this. But well we'll get to that. But it's one of those things where it's like you go out, you go on assignment, you're about to get the soul that you're going out for, and the people tell you before and it's like, remember, you can't actually return to the office like until you get the soul. And as long as your like door is opened where you have to go to get the soul, you're gonna continuously keep aging. And right before you get the soul, some guy knocks you out. You track him down. Turns out it's a crow who like decades prior, got like a similar assignment and he lost his soul, so he's just been aging for like the past a few decades and he's basically stole your soul to try to open this other door where his soul went after and he throws the soul, well doesn't open the door, and he's like, well, shit, that didn't work. Well. Now you're kind of like in the same boat I am. If you want to like get your soul, you're basically gonna have to open this door and you're going to need like three super powerful souls to open it. Go kill these three giant people who have like learned to live for a very long time and escape death. I'm just gonna sit here because I know that you can do the work for me and get my soul back so that I don't have to age anymore.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me this is a soul's like.
Speaker 7: Door souls eg kind of but in the sense that, like when you die, you don't like lose all of the souls from people that you've collected.
Speaker 5: You lose some of them if you die multiple times in a row, but you don't have to like go to the spot where you died and collect everything that you did. So it's like when you die, provided you had enough souls, it's like, Okay, cool, I I respawn at the last checkpoint. I'm just gonna go ahead and quickly upgrade my stats right here now with all the stuff that I accrued over the past twenty minutes, and then just keep going and going and going. There's no like frantic nerve racking. Am I going to make it back to the boss that I died at to collect my souls before I lose all of them again? And I just lose like sixty sixty minutes of work.
Speaker 1: So coming out of E three, this was the game on everyone's lips, like Death Door is gonna is. Basically, if we had to assign game of the show to any game, it would easily one hundred percent, without a shadow of a doubt be elder Ring, but then shortly be behind that would be Death's Door. Does this game? Does this seem like, firstly, what is it about this game? Do you think that people are kind of really is really exciting them? And does it feel like based on the preview that you've played, it has the potential to be something special this year?
Speaker 5: I think for people if they want to know whether or not they want to get into this game. If you enjoyed something like Hades, which kind of did the whole business like take on death plus a little bit of humor and a little bit of sadness and the side stories, but you didn't like the fact there was a roguelike and you lost all your progress between each run, Death stor is kind of for you. You get a very similar experience and all your progress isn't being reset every single time you die. In terms of just being like a special game, I think this is going to be a strong console exclusive for Xbox. I don't think it's going to be on Game Pass, though, which is a shame because I think it would do very well. No, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I feel like it's not. I think it's only just coming out on Xbox and PC. But don't get awesome getting great music, great visuals, very melancholie with a little bit of humor. One of the characters you meet is a dude named Pothead, and he has a pot for a head, and he's kind of like this dude who's like, hey, I got like soup up here, do you like you want some? He like tries to spill his head over into the bird's mouth and where it's like, no, that's it's fucking gross and disgusting. Please. Like it's a funny game. It's an it's like charming and like the cutest possible way. And I think it's gonna be a game that takes maybe seven to eight hours to complete. Maybe, So it's like it's one of those where it's like, oh, I I don't want to play a sixty hour Assassin's Creed adventure game. I just kind of want to play a game that I can or do you beat Like, no, no one wants that.
Speaker 1: No one wants it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get to that later, but no one actually wants that. I adore games that I can look at him, like I can see the end point, like within the first three four hours play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's worth pointing out that this game is developed by Acid Nerve, which is a very small team from Manchester in the UK Big up. And you may have played one of their previous games. It was called Titan Souls, which came out a whole of years ago at this point is like twenty fifteen or something like that. But another great game. But like, there are a couple of I think it's two developers that then collaborate with a bunch of folks around the world. And yeah, it looks looks are really really cool. I'm excited for that game so so much. It's the game that I'm most excited for right now this month. Yea not long to go.
Speaker 5: As Chris tails. It's fine, that's fine, I'll play them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll find the time. You'll find the time. I have downloaded a bunch of games that I'm supposed to be playing during my break, which I'm currently on, but I am not doing breaks good.
Speaker 5: You're on your break, are you here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Baby? I downloaded Traumatic, which I wanted to play, and I also downloaded UNGI Generations, which I wanted to check out. Yeah, uh and yeah, And there were a couple of other games that also I wanted to check out, but I can't the names escape me now. But I've been mostly spending my time playing a Mass Effect Legendary Edition, which is I'm Chickory is the other one that I wanted to play, Yeah, and Backbone and Backbone of I forgot about Backbone hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think like there are a bunch of short games, so I think I might just like stream them and like that would be my way to force myself into playing games that aren't valorant. But I am jobing Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I'm like pup most of the way through. I'm like thirty hours into Mass Effect two, just before I to just before I have to go to get the repairt iff thing. Really Yeah, I've been kind of taking my time with it, but also it's weird because I'm taking my time with it, but I'm also like not paying one hundred percent attention to everything that's happening. During the combat sequences, I kind of tune out. I usually I'm watching like Hassan Piker's stream in the background, so like when when when, like when like the combat stuff starts happening, I'm tuning out of that, and I get to watch him scream at his chat for a extended period of time, and then when someone comes up with some dialogue, I'm like, Okay, I'll pay attention here again. And it's been nice. It kind of like helps me with like many people these days, I feel like I always need to be doing three things at once to maximize my time, which which is a habit I really need to break. I really struggle with just focusing on one thing like I can. I've been doing it with Costa, like the newest season. I watched one episode and try my best to focus on nothing but that episode, but inevitably I'll like pick up my phone and answer any email I've got problems. But yeah, that game, Mass Effector is really really cool, really really good, like super super cool. At some point yesterday I switched Thane to one of his DLC outfits that I had never used in the original version of the game, and he just liked these fucking glasses. And it turns that game. It turns that game into a comedy game because you've got like the maddest shit happening, and then like every single scene thing is in the background wearing the glasses, looking like the deal with It meme every single time, the amount of like harrowing, like the amount of time Morden's been talking to like his protege, I forgot what the the other Masalarian's name Meilin, and they're talking about like they're they're like verbally jousting about, you know, the the rights and wrongs of the Jennifer and Thane's just in the background or the light is just like bouncing off his shades and he's just standing there like yeah, he's just looking like he's looking like he's a frog that fell out of the Matrix universe, just like standing around like I'm like a fuck. I already like Sain was already my favorite character of the Mass Effect franchise and with those shades, it's just it's just so good. Now he's ascended into like his drip is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he probably won't be wearing it in three like during the most saddest moments.
Speaker 3: That outfit.
Speaker 2: You probably could.
Speaker 1: You definitely could. He definitely could.
Speaker 2: With MUDs on PC, the Maxie is actually really legit now on that like that ma Commune has been going wild. They have a called like mod Manager that's basically like this like really easy program where you just download any mod, put it in it. It's auto installs it for you.
Speaker 1: I was messing, that's amazing. Yeah, yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: There's like you can like do a first person mud where you can just walk around in first person. It doesn't work for combat switch is back to third person, but it's like kind of cool because it just turns all of the HUD areas into these like these like walking sim through like the Citadel and like do just someone ads like VR support.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, that would be amazing. But yeah, I've been playing a lot of that. I've been taken a lot of like photos as well. In photo mostly pictures of thinge honestly like a lot of pictures of thing. I started off being like, oh, I'm going to take a really artful photo of every crew member and every like major character, and then quickly abandoned that because I saw Thaying with the glasses and I was like, I'm one hundred thing committed to this man and and he's like weird glasses. But yeah, that that that game. The writing holds up really well. There are some lines that are like jaw droppingly good in the franchise, and they come up with frequency in in in this in this game, like I finished up. Yeah, I've been like doing the Loyalty I like stacked up all the Loyalty missions and I'm just going through them one by one. I just did I did Tomorrows yesterday and it's real good. I was like, you know what. I was like, you know what, this time, I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Marinth. And then I did the Loyalty mission and the whole experience with Morinth happens, and I was like, fuck Marinth, No, back to Samara and yeah, now I'm just yeah, I'm doing what am I doing? I'm doing not the Arrival DLC the one with the Overlord. I'm doing Overlord right now, so I'm going to finish that up and then probably do the relay and pick up the other good character in this in this game. But yeah, beyond that, playing a bunch of Valorant still swings and roundabouts with that game. Last week I felt I was real good. This week I felt like peel trash. So we'll see how we're going.
Speaker 3: That's that's the Valerius experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the Valance. That's a that's a tax shooter experience. But that's pretty much its experience. Yeah. Yeah. And then and then like in between that, I'm like watching I'm berserk. I'm trying to catch up on my hero Academia Castle Vania. I started watching bo Burnham's Inside and found it boring. Boring.
Speaker 2: I was just like, is it too?
Speaker 4: Is it a I as see this before, but is it? Is it to Yakubian?
Speaker 1: It's very Yakubian. It's very very Yakubean, and like I can understand some of the like I can relate, but like, I think singing comedy doesn't work for me at all. Yeah, or even singing because like the Jeffrey Bezos song is stuck in my head, but like and the things that he he's saying are like impactful, but like they're not especially astute observations. He's not saying anything that anyone else hasn't tweeted already, Like it's just he's saying it, so like now it's getting way more attention and he's singing it, and singing comedy doesn't work for me at all. I found like and that combination. I'm like halfway through it because I keep coming back to it in chunks, and I feel like the production is very impressive. I'm super super impressive with that, like the fact that it's a one man production and the amount of effort that's gone into that and he's clearly pouring his heart and soul into it. But it's like everything he says is yeah, yeah, I've seen someone tweet that.
Speaker 2: The production is Like what really like drew me into it personally, Like like I was sitting there like, oh, like, how's he doing this? Does he have like a you know, uh, like like what kind of rig does he have? Like what kind of light systems he using? Like I was like really trying to like pick apart like exactly my man.
Speaker 1: My man's got arms and legs and that's all he's doing. He's got using them, he's putting them to work. I mean, like, like I said, like I might halfway through, so I think like the latter half kind of really really gets better. I will say, like the first one of the first things he says is like, can everyone just shut the fuck up and not say something about so everything constantly? And I was like, yeah, that's that's there. That is like a big twenty twenty twenty twenty one mood. Everyone feels the need to always say something about everything that is happening on the internet constantly, And like his the way he like it boils up in him and it just like explodes into just the most like aggressive just everyone shut up, everyone shut up. I was like, I can relate to that. I get it, But excuse me while I go and tweet now about the latest thing that happens. But yeah, so that's that's pretty much it. Let's move on to news because we've got some absolutely fascinating stories to cover. Sean Luke hit the news music.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm zeck.
Speaker 5: The news, mus bro, you're dropping the ball.
Speaker 1: You love to see it?
Speaker 2: Hold on, wait, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it. Run back, run back, right back again.
Speaker 1: Jean Luke hit the News music.
Speaker 2: God, damn, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: You know what, Luke, We're gonna have a meeting after this.
Speaker 2: Played for a second man technical technical technical technical technical.
Speaker 1: Difference more time, one more time.
Speaker 2: Come on, Okay, we got we got next day.
Speaker 1: All right, that's enough of that. Let's head over to the news. We've got some fascinating stories. John Luke hit the News music first time. Never doubted you for even a second. The first story comes from a little company called you may know them as Nintendo. They used to make Hanafuda cards. Now they make marginal improvements the hard Way you love Michael, Yo, What's what's going on with the Nintendo Switch? And why have they allowed Samsung to rename this device?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What is this? This looks like something the Nintendo switch? Oh l ed looks like some in LG executive into the branding want that switch?
Speaker 3: Oh led? Oh they do? Oh they do?
Speaker 4: You know that classic from Waka Flaka. That's probably what they were thinking about, like, oh, Nintendo switch, Oh they do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is youry to make the nutstoke that you want to make.
Speaker 4: No, it's not that's that's you know, it's okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I've already made that joke on Twitter.
Speaker 4: It got mad, like you know, I'm saying follow, make sure you follow your boy from more of these nuts jokes. So Nintendo bus out and said, we're gonna put a seven inch screen on this thing, up from six point two. Keep it the same size so there's less bezels. I'm a huge fan of that. That's what I want.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's you got a wider adjustable stand. So shouts out to Jeff Backlar. Uh, so you can review that stand if you want. I know it's just or spot. Sha'll sell to you, my boy, but it will not feature any performance improvements or four K support, and it will sell for three hundred and fifty bucks. Released on October eighth, the same day as Metroid dread.
Speaker 1: Soock, here's the thing, right, you're feeling this or now like most of us who have lived in the pandemic, like, we're gonna come out of this with no performance improvements as well. So like as as another creation within the pandemic, I'm not at all surprised that this is just the same thing, a bit like marginally improved. But I am. I tweeted about this, I was like, this is this is this is clearly not for me. This is clearly not what I want out of it. Am I gonna buy it? Absolutely? You know why? Because because when when it's approaching, people are gonna be talking about it, there's gonna be pictures. I'm gonna get hyped, and then I'm gonna buy it. And then when I have it, it's gonna give me that little rush of endorphins. And you know what, we live in an age where we should take the opportunity if you can, if you have the means to, to just savor every endorphin rush that you can get by reasonable three bucks.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm about to get an endorphin rush.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I'll sling some old ship and get get you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, I'll trade in the office switch.
Speaker 3: That I use and then I'll pick this one up so thank me later.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm I'm into this, Like I want a bigger screen with less bezels. Uh and yo, that that white and the black and white color way.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Say less, Yeah, let's I miss that yet.
Speaker 5: Time in the Xbox series as you get the whole white setup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it again, yet a different stand stand. The stands got rounded edges, it's got an Ethernet port built into it.
Speaker 3: Uh. And THAT'SK that on that.
Speaker 4: So you know what folks were like clamoring for like an improved version that had four K in it Like that didn't that That's not happened now. Maybe it'll happen still happened later, but that's not what this.
Speaker 1: I think that. I think that the company Nintendo that has put out what was it like eight thousand different versions of the three DS, I am not at all doubting that they will have another version of this console that is more powerful and it will have like a tiny IBM think pad style nubin there on something like that, like in the same way that they did for all the other three.
Speaker 4: We've had a three DS, we had the three DSXL, we have the new three DS. We the new three DSXL with the two DS, we have the two DSXL. Uh, shit man, and we had like how different special additions to like, come on, this is.
Speaker 1: The thing that I want. I am waiting with baited breath for a Metroid Dread version of this, this switch if they do a switch or lad Metroid Dread version day one, like, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: People were kind of pointing out the color scheme kind of does match Metro Dread. They're like the white matches like the robots, and then they got the classic blue and red and this matching Samus. I mean, yeah, I know what you mean, but like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want face on that. Yeah, I want I want this. I want Samus's face in that. I want I want the Metroid logo in there. And then we're in business. We're popping.
Speaker 5: You do that for me, Nintendo. I'll give you another fifty dollars. I'll pay four hundred for it, and I'll be ashamed of myself for doing it.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Like we'll play handheld though, like if if you play mostly docked, there's literally nothing for you to gain from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at, Like I don't play handheld as often. And also I think a big part of me and I'm like still kind of holding out hope that like an eventual pro revision will do this is like I really need new versions of the joy cons.
Speaker 4: Because they they'd.
Speaker 2: Be giving me Carpal Tunnel. They've be giving me like all the raps, Like it's uh.
Speaker 4: I was never a fan of the sticks analytics.
Speaker 2: Analytics are awful, like, and I get that. They were probably like, look, we can't change too much. We got to keep the you know, it kind of splits the ecosystem up, and maybe for a version that's not too substantially different, it wouldn't make sense to do it. But I'm like, I really need something, something new and improved for that. I think that would have been the thing that actually like super sold me on it. Right now I'm seeing it and I'm like, yeah, like this stuff's all right, but it's not enough that I'm like clamoring for it.
Speaker 5: Has Nintendo fixed its nope, data transfer problem. Like the reason I like buying multiple PlayStations and xboxes is because I'm like, oh, I can have one here, I can have one of my parents' house, I can have one at my partner's place, and like I just log into my account and just all my data is there. Just honestly, money everywhere fixed that or no, if you have a really compoluted process for this.
Speaker 1: If you if you're starting a sentence with has Nintendo fixed? There's a ninety nine point nine recurring a percent chance. The answer is no, no't I like? For me, it's it's I am actually excited about this because I am one of those people who does play handheld, you know, handhold these nuts, is what I'm saying. Next story comes from a little company who is known as Ubisoft. Jordan, what is going on with Assassin's Creed Infinity? What is the wait?
Speaker 3: Assassin's Creed?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know the vibes. All right, continue Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Back to back these nuts shokes. Let's go with Assassins.
Speaker 5: But as right before Ubisoff made the official announcement, Jason Schreyer came out with a report being like Ubi's going in changing direction with Assassin's Creed again. They've gone from a open world adventure to RPG, and now they're going from RPG to live service something, and it's gonna be take place on the same platform, but like just multiple settings. It's just gonna evolve, like taking inspiration from games like Fortnite and Grand Theft Auto Online and then you'd be soft, like I want to say, like an hour and a half after that, it was pretty quick release the official announcements, like yeah, we are actually doing that. It's gonna be a cross studio thing between Montreal and Quebec. We still have the super problematic men in high positions, still in those high positions working on this, but we're hoping that you overlook that and get excited at the possibility of Assassin's Creed becoming so stupidly large that it just lasts fucking of Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So the thing is, like I said, I said something similar on Twitter where I was like, I was hoping they'd get smaller because I'm very much in the same camp as many of you are, especially Jordan, like I want smaller, tighter, more detailed, more controlled narrative tales, and they are going the opposite direction. And I had a few people like kind of replying, some people being Twitter people being like, shut up, no one cares what you think, but other people being like, uh, you know, they they kind of pointed out that you know, they have They're kind of mentioning that they have the capacity to make those smaller tails within this larger framework. Yeah, and that I really want to get behind the idea of that. The problem that I foresee, or the one that I can't get past, is modern game design requires you to to requires developers to like Aufer and construct these pathways that take you to every corner of this massive world. Otherwise it's pointless having a massive world. And the way they do that is they create these bread crumbs that are constantly moving you from one thing to the other and pulling you in multiple different directions so that it never feels like you're done. That's how these games as the service games work right. You never feel like I'm done. This is it. I've got a short tail. I experienced a complete narrative. It's always something, it's always something happening, And so that's my main worry about it. Sure they might be able to tell these tales, smaller tales, but will they be able to resist the temptation of always funneling you into another thing or wasting your time with menial tasks that ultimately have no bearing on what you're actually doing from a narrative perspective, that's my main worry.
Speaker 5: I have two minds of this. I have no basis for my beliefs theories as to what UV soft is, as to what U be Soft is going to do. But I'm like, either a they do something like what they were teasing at the beginning of Assassin's Creed Unity, where you like logged in you saw like a bunch of different experiences. Yeah, click from and it's like, oh, this is a portal. You boot up Assassin's Creed Infinity, and it like it starts with like one default campaign or maybe it's free to play, and then like each campaign is like twenty dollars here for like this experience, and maybe forty dollars a year for this much longer one and et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, or if they are leaning more in towards what something like Fortnite, what Grand Theft Auto Online does. It's a giant like open world modern day Assassin's Creed where occasionally, over time the world is evolving and at the same time, you have like an animus you can visit that you can use to do a bunch of single player content in the past, but like in the present day, it's like this open world multiplayer experience where you can participate in different activities with other people, like bring back the multiplayer from Brotherhood and three Okay, Okay, sech things from Unity stuff like that, and I'm like, I could see it going either way. I could see it doing something completely different.
Speaker 2: If they bring back the Brotherhood multiplayer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel like that's exactly what they have to do because they talk about how it's gonna have multiple settings and there's no cohesive way to make that work in a kind of like seamless open world, right, like you have to. I feel like it's going to be very much that that case of like the main world is, you know, an abstur Go like facility in a modern day where you are a bunch of subjects just and then you can pick and it's kind of like you drop in with all your friends and be like, all right, let's go to I don't know Italy, and then you all jump into the animus together and it will take you all to I don't know, ac Brotherhood's multiplayer mode, or a curated experience that is a unique Assassin's Creed two setting or you know, a Black Flag setting, et cetera, et cetera. I would go to see how they make a larger experience that has more pole settings cohesive outside of Hey, there's a port or here, jump through it assassins, and then you come out on the other side and it's like, oh, you're in another part of the world.
Speaker 5: Now, another fucking cowards r will refuse to make a single player game starring a woman in Assassin's Create. They just won't do it.
Speaker 1: They just won't do it.
Speaker 2: Some I found interesting about the Ubisoft statement specifically is that they when they were talking about it, they were talking about it less from the perspective of like what the game is going to play like as a consumer, and more about what that means from like actually developing it. Specifically, they were saying how like they had this like new cross studio collaboration structure, and then like they said, like I'm going to read what they said here quote. Rather than continuing to pass the toon from game to game, We profoundly believe this is an opportunity for one of Ubisoft's most beloved franchise is to evolve in a more integrated and collaborative manner that's less centered on studios and more focused on talent and leadership no matter where they are within Ubisoft. So it kind of sounds like this is almost like a back end thing of like we can build this system that allows it to be easier for different teams of Ubisoft across the world to like build their own Assassin's Creed game or story and like have it easily be integrated rather than like having like you know, a bunch of different teams like building multiple Assassin's Creed games at the time, And they got to kind of talk to each other and with exactly because like activishould ran into that problem where you had like you know, Infinite Warfare and Black Ops and they tried to fuse them together and it like totally didn't work because those are games are built on like different engines, and it was kind of a mess. And I think Ubisoft's like we can avoid that by like building this system from the ground up to support this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like but if you think about how a lot of when you be soft where with Assassin's Creed, how it gets like handed off from Studio Studio, it's like a lot of stop and go, stop and go in terms of like this studio is gonna make Odyssey, this studio is gonna make Origines. Obviously I had they have had collaboration when I was like talking to developers about Odyssey they're like, yeah, this has been long in development because we work alongside the origins team, uh to make sure that these games are like congruous. They're not like just like these completely separate experiences that don't make sense when you connect them together. So I think this is more of like a framework for them to kind of communicate how they're approaching Stas's Creed. But if it's if it feels more continuous, I also think that, I mean, I can't speak for y'all, but assass Creed. The base games are along as shit and I never almost finished them recently, but they come but they come out, but they come out with really good DLC or they they have like their DLCs are chunky and are like oftentimes yeah, they're like whole other games, but like no one like I imagine that fewer people play those because they're like, yo, I'm I'm done with this, Like I'm not like, what is this DLC. I'm gonna buy it for a game that I already bought. Because now the mentality is the expectation is to have like if DLC is part of is packaged with the game that you already bought or something, or it's an update to something that you subscribe to or something something like that. And so I think that this, this framing will help those at the add on content to kind of like string you along to the next Assassin's Creed game like Fate of Atlantis.
Speaker 3: Like what what was that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Oh, that was actually pretty fire? I don't know I did. I didn't. I didn't get to it. But if it's like yeah, and then so but like I didn't touch it.
Speaker 4: But if I boot up a sads creep like oh snap, like this, I don't know, I feel like it's just a lot more seamless as a player, And I imagine this can also help them be a lot more I think, more efficient when it comes to like making these games.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot I think think I wish they would sit down and really unpack the the knock on effect of having the games be this large, because for me, I think one of the biggest issues I have is like, because they're this large, I do not give a shit about the main characters. I'm incapable of caring about those characters. Because one the idea of playing a seventy hour game where a significant portion of that game is you running boring errands and doing like random side shit. It just it doesn't endear me to a character. It makes every every character in Assassin's Creed modern Assassin's Creed, even like Bayek is like, you aren't really an assassin, You're an errand you know you're an errand boy, errand girl, You're a yeah, he's I mean a Biack was specifically a cop. But like even like Cassandra, Like Cassandra, I was like, I want to care about you, but you keep running off and doing this boring shit for a really long time, and I just cannot. Like. The last character in Sassin's Creed that I really cared about was probably an Edward Ken. We like, yeah, I was into him, but like, none of them come.
Speaker 5: From EV and Syndicate, No.
Speaker 1: Not really, because there was two of them, and I like, I didn't really like the back and forth between them, like I want to go back and give Syndicate another go. Honestly, I kind of bounced off of them. I found them quite annoying. But I think I was in a very irritated phase of my life as well there where I was just annoyed by everything. But like I I wish I could care about a character the way that I did care about like al Tai Year and.
Speaker 2: And uh, the modern day stuff, like I don't know what the heck was going on with all that, And it's like it's the same problem where it's even more so because you're like, Okay, you introduced the modern character and then you play forty hours of Odyssey and then you cut back to the main character and I'm like I remember their name or what they were doing or what's going on, like so if they can like it, couch that lay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hassan, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like that's interesting. Good thing about Valhall is the fact of despite its campaign being like seventy hours and to get like the true ending you have to spend like another twenty on top of that for like a ninety hundred hour experience, is the fact that it like references every single mainline game that came before it, and it just wraps up all of those storylines, so Altair et Ceo, Connor, Edward Jacob Evi, just all of Biack, Cassandra, and basically it's like, all right, put a lid on it. It's done. We've wrapped everything up. We've been touched on Desmond a little bit, and we kind of complete that. We are now basically at fresh slate. We can go where new.
Speaker 2: That just kind of makes me a little excited.
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, that is exciting, but like that exciting is immediately dulled by knowing that the next step isn't a isn't a like really smart reset where they curate and finally craft a new character in world. It's this platform that they've created where anyone can be an assassin and you can go anywhere and do anything. It's like, no, I was hoping you'd use this opportunity to be like, yo, we've got an assassin's creed too. Like we've got we've got to come up with a brand new assassin. We've focused it down. You're gonna love this character. It's gonna be really cool. It's not that like they're like, all right, we're making Fortnite or we're making GTA Online. I'm like, I don't really care about that. I don't I want I want memorable stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Jason Sryer's report and the official Ubisoft press release doesn't mentioned this, but Tryer's report mentions that, like the soonest we're getting this game is twenty twenty four so three years from now, and so there's a possibility that we get some sort of Assassin's Creed experience between now and this. I'm keeping like finger scrass for a super like modern day remake of Assassin's Creed one, but like it'll be interesting to go, doude, do we get any Assassin's Creed between now and Infinity? Or is Infinity just like what happens after Valhalla and we just take a break for the Assassin's Creed for like three or four years.
Speaker 1: There's also no guarantee that this Infinity project actually makes it to release, like they were They've been very upfront in that they're they're talking about it like this is something we're experimenting with and we're figuring out. Whether it happens or not isn't a dead certainty. They might get, you know, a ways into the development and think this is not working, and then so we get something else instead. It seems like the plan is to work on that while working on Valhalla DLC, and maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get another game in between. I don't know, Like I would love to see a good remake come you see one, I mean, like.
Speaker 5: The Isle of RI two and R three remake, like just completely like up.
Speaker 1: And bring back the stealth thing. Bring back I mean like they did a bit of that with Revelations right where you could go back and play some of the I'll tell yourself. But like, I want them to make the Assassin's Creed they sold us in the original Assassin's Creed trailer from E three, like the the that trailer still is one of the best, and that game that the game that came out absolutely did not make good on anything that happens in that trailer yet. Yeah, but it's there now you can make it. Make your Assassin's Creed one hit man game and let's fucking go. That'd be so cool.
Speaker 3: Modern.
Speaker 4: It turns out that the next Assassin's Creed is a modern, almost futuristic game and it stars a new assassin named Samuel Fisher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: I would sell game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like I would love that. I have been thinking a lot about Spins, so like I want if you if you want more spin Cell chat, go to.
Speaker 5: The splinter Cell game. So that would just be.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Splint Hawking is one of the lead creative directors, So yeah, we're definitely not getting an actual splinter Cell for a while, probably if ever rip, but you.
Speaker 5: Know, as a live service game, I all the franchises.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this earlier, like I and there is a way to make a splinter Cell life service game that works. But I was thinking about this earlier. But I really missed like Triple A or even Double A stealth games. It's just none of them around right now that I care about. Like there's no metal Gear, there's no splinter Cell, there's no Thief, there's no Dishonored.
Speaker 2: Was that game? It was by like X Hitman devs Rob Henry like loved it. Echo, Echo Echo. I feel like Echo was like the last game that that cames very different obviously, but it was the last game that was like trying to be like Roppers stealth game that I can think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like on the like I know there are a bunch of indie stealth games, but like that, very few of them have like a charismatic central character, you know the way that we have like Snake or Sam or Emily or Corvo. You know that kind of that's what I yearned for another one of those, and like together games industry give us a good stealth game again. Anyway, let's let's move on to listen to questions.
Speaker 3: Oh that beat is nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's like I get Tech nine dropping some bots at the top of.
Speaker 2: That too much. I feel like for emails, Yeah, for emails, it's like where we're about.
Speaker 1: We've we've opened the door to hell and we're gonna pull some emails. We've got one question today, Jordan. Can you read the question please before we do that? Actually I should. I should point out that if you want to send in questions, you can email at after Dark podcast at GameSpot dot com or join our discord. If you want entry to the discord, all you have to do is send me your social Security number, your address, your bank account details, and I will get back to you within two to three days about that. Or you can DM me that on Twitter and or dm Lucy and we'll get you in. Don't actually send me your post. Don't dog yourself. That was a joke, Jordan. Can you read the first question that comes from Maria aka serious business?
Speaker 5: My mass effect legendary cash is arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to put it on the one. Let's kill in seven helmet and run around my house with NERF guns pretending I'm Commander. Show it's the dumbest gaming related purchase you've ever made? Oh this is that's easy.
Speaker 2: I mean I do have that helmet, and it was probably the most recent dumbest purchase I have ever made.
Speaker 5: Say the most the dumbest purchase I've ever made was the Day one edition of the Xbox One that came with the Giant.
Speaker 3: Oh sad, and like.
Speaker 5: I was like, you know what there were messaging was poor, but Xbox had a great three sixty era. I'm sure that they will not bugger the Xbox One. I can definitely do this and not PS four. That was you thought, stupid stupid decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I imported a Japanese like deluxe copy of a Persona three Dancing in Persona five Dancing before it got like announced for America, and then I still haven't even opened it for America, and I was like, well I don't It'll just set on my shelf and look look cool.
Speaker 1: There was a period I've talked about this before, but there was a period where I just decided I was gonna rescue game cubes. Like I felt real bad about game cubes just being like getting just getting, Yeah, basically, so I'd like every now and then I'd walk past this secondhand game store in the UK, and I'd pop in there and see if there are any game cubes, and if they were like cheap enough, I'd just buy them and be like, I'll rescue you and like give them to someone who who who might who might be able to like make use, Like I give them to like friends or like whatever. If I knew anyone like, oh, my friend has this younger brother or cousin that likes games, i'p be like, here's the GameCube, give them the game cube. It's got a copy of Mario cart Double Dash in there, and and Mario Sunshine. Don't play Mario Sunshine though, And here's Melee. Like it would be like that kind of stuff. But like I ended up accumulating far too many game cubes. I still have a couple. I still have got like at least five in this room, probably including my orange one, my Spice orange GameCube, which I stole from a previous employer when they made me redundant.
Speaker 5: I say, my old GameCube brokes. I might buy one of those from you, So.
Speaker 1: Dude, if you want, If you want a game cub I'll bring it up. Actually no, I'm in the UK. I'm not. I'm not coming back to the States if they let me back. There's also cube.
Speaker 2: Really good third party devices out there that allow you to took up your GameCube through HDMI right to your TV, like without needing them ondit Like you used to have to like send it to a dude and he would like cut a hole in. Now you just buy a device. It's not expensive. It's like one hundred and fifty bucks or whatever. But you want to play your GameCube on your nice four K TV looking sharp, you gonna have.
Speaker 5: Nintendo won't let me play any of my GameCube.
Speaker 1: Metro Prime, Baby, get Metro Prime on that still bank still games.
Speaker 3: Metro Prime is so good. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think I have any dumb game related purchases because I'm not a dumb per. I might not be smart, but I'm not dumb.
Speaker 3: No regrets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I've probably done some dumb show. Well I always do dumb shit.
Speaker 5: I would get into like Final Fantasy fourteen, like near the beginning of its excuse you, oh no, like it eventually it became a good purchase. But now in the beginning, like it, it was not a smart.
Speaker 4: No, that game was not on my radar until I met Ben Jenka, So okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't get into until early early twenty nineteen is when I fell in love. I found true love with a Final Fantasy fourteen and now we're married.
Speaker 3: So that's that. On that, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't really buy special editions of things, especially not anymore, because any game I want to play, I could probably get game codes, and if not, like, I don't mind dropping sixty bucks on a because I rarely buy games, but like I used to, I used to drop mad money on like text shit. I bought like how many keyboards, how many mice I have, like a wireless keyboard, and then I had all I want a mechanical keyboard, and then I got a cheap mechanical keyboard. And then I got an MMO mouse I didn't play most of the time, but that should looked tight. And then I got like a new Lodge tech mouse but not logically came up with a new mouse, and.
Speaker 3: I want that one. God like mad headsets, I'd like seven headsets only got two ears.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's there is I think I think that I think uh, I think tech products is more where I fell into fell into a bunch of dark, deep, expensive holes.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: For for special editions, Like I know doing this they would probably not make as much money, which is why they don't do it. But I'm always really sad that special editions are always announced and released alongside the games launch, like before I know whether or not, I'm like, yo, this game is going to be like life changing for me, I definitely want the special edition for Like, by the time I realized that Titan Fall two is going to be like my favorite first person shooter of all time, the special Edition for that had been sold out like for months at that point, I'm like, why do developers not release the special edition like the same way that they did? Like this is the game of the Year edition that comes out a year after the game is out. I'm like, I would for sure buy more special editions if they came out, yeah, months after I'd had time with the game to fall in love with it and know like, oh yeah, I want all the statues and helps and scarfs and postcards and whatever else comes.
Speaker 2: When you think about it, special editions are pretty dumb because we're all like, yeah, i'lldrop two hundred dollars on a game I haven't played yet. I want those I want I want these postcards, and.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess fire, Yeah, I guess That's why I get. You know, services or companies that limited run games exist, but obviously they're not. They're not out there making deals with you know, ea for Titan Fold. They're making deals with indie developers, which is a shame, but you are right though. It's one hundred on point with that, Like, for sure.
Speaker 5: Buy a special edition of Bloodborne now, but like I wouldn't have bought when that game was first announced, And I'm like, look, this is totally new from from Software. I assume it's gonna be good. But they've just I've just enjoyed Darksels at this point. Who knows was a blood boy, So I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if I spell special edition like it.
Speaker 1: They re released, not re released, they really yet They re released game blood Born as in like a PlayStation essentials collection. No no, no, no no no, this is this is.
Speaker 5: A different one that they came out with.
Speaker 1: The physical one came out is yeah, UK exclusive only and it had like limited covers that was like Bully Moss style super yea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got that, I've got the God of War one, I've got the blood Ball one, and I think I've got the I think it's like Eco collection, one of them, like maybe Shadow of Classes Eco collection. There's one more that I have, which I'm pretty sure it's like Keen Eco related. But yeah, I think that's I think that's things on my desk.
Speaker 4: Ship today, today's first day we can go in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get it. Oh actually no, I think I think actually our former games Point and Play Rob Henry might have rescued it for me and it's actually in my apartment somewhere legend. Thank you everyone for listening to the one hundred and first episode of Game Spot after Dark. We super appreciate you spending your time and lending your ears and your eyes to listen to us chat it up. Remember, as we said, if you're a podcast listener, why not head over to YouTube maybe give it a little watch on there. You know, boost our numbers artificially would love it. That will be super helpful for us. And if you're watching a video. If you're watching the video and you enjoyed this, why not help guarantee the future of the game spot after Dark podcast by heading over to the podcast app and just subscribing, you know, and helping us grow a bit more. Tell a friend, rate and review us on iTunes, Hit us up on Spotify, find me on adult friend finder, Jordan's what have you been doing? And where can people find you?
Speaker 5: I put out previews for both the Death Store one should be up by now, and before that did one for Tunic, which if you were like a fan of games like Breath of the Wild and Dark Souls and games that are all about discovering lore and secrets and working with the community to figure everything out, that game is for you. And I got a full interview and preview of that up, as well as more full thoughts on Death's Door. And I don't know, I'll probably if I don't write something about Assassin's Creed, I'll probably be tweeting something about Assassin's Creed at jm Remay, so you can follow.
Speaker 3: Me over there for that.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: Michael, you can find me and all them out bullshit at Michael p him on Twitter dot com. I don't know you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I do not know what you're saying, but I understand what you're saying. If you know what I'm saying me, yeah, yeah, I get that's that on that Jean luc Where can people find you?
Speaker 2: You can find me at John wicksypekee on Twitter. I've been, like I said, I was on the BombCast this week. I actually say all that much because, to be honest, I was like super nervous and focusing on actually making sure the production went well. But yeah, it was really cool to help in fill out with them. I'm actually gonna be filling out next week as well, I believe. So if you didn't enjoy me on that, then too bad. You can get a whole nother week of that. Otherwise, I should hopefully have that Metroid Buyer's Guide thing that I've been working on. Spoiler alert, They're good. Go play Metroid if.
Speaker 1: You can play the Metroid Caves you'd love to see it. You can find me on Twitter too. More h I have been working on a bunch of things in the background. If you want specifically something to check out, you know giant bomb dot Com Premium subscription check out the show Born to Run, which is a brand news show that has been launched on giant bomb dot com. It involves myself and Danny O'Dwyer playing through every game in the Souls Born from software catalog. We're starting with Demon Souls for the PlayStation five, and we're gonna go through all of them. There's one episode so far. I think it's a pretty fun episode. And Yeah, is designed and created in the style of the Endurance runs, but a little more edited so that you're not like wasting hours and hours of your time not really seeing much happen. That was all good back in the day, but I feel like a lot of us don't really have the time or the spirit to have a kind of like low key, not really entertaining stuff happening for significant periods of time. We've created a character. His name is Tuna Supreme Legend. And Yeah, if you don't have a Giant Bomb Premium subscription, you can actually go to giant Bomb YouTube channel and get a cut down version of the episode. We do encourage you to take out a premium suscription. They're relatively cheap, so if you can afford it, it'll be great. You'll be getting a lot of content. That's one of many shows that are launching, have launched, and are going to be launching soon. We've got the Grubs, next show going up. Lucy and I are working with Jeff Backlaw and another show that's going to be cool. And then there's a whole bunch of other shows in the background that are currently in the either planning or production phases. And there's going to be even more shows like we're working in the background on figuring it out. We're making partnerships. So if you buy a Giant Bomb premium suscription, you will get your money's with. Why is this turning to a Giant bomb? Ad? Fuck out of here. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Peace, trunk, don't trump, don't trumple, don't trank, don't rumthing.