Speaker 1: He talked with Fox News Chief Meteorologist Dave Fraser. Dave, I got to tell you something funny. So I'm the game last week and they played Thunderstruck, and I immediately thought of you. So for the rest of my life now when I hear ACDC Thunderstruck, I am going to think of Dave Fraser. So that that connection has been made and cannot be severed.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: I know what a cool song to.
Speaker 1: Be associated with, too, not like you know Mandy by Barry.
Speaker 2: Manilow exactly, although I am a Manilo fan, so I enjoyed the music.
Speaker 3: I am too, I'm a huge fan of O.
Speaker 1: So let's talk first about what are weather's going to be like this weekend.
Speaker 3: We're about to see a big change.
Speaker 2: Well, first, I wanted because I talked with a Rod and I'm glad he still has his job. So I wanted to give you another chance to use the m hole comments. Remember I grew up. I grew up in just outside of Boston. I actually will be there this weekend, surrounded by a bunch of m holes watching the Broncos game. I'll be probably the only one dressed in Broncos gear. But at least I'll be dining on big stuff lops. So there's a down there. Yeah, but listen, it is it's so ironic. Last week before the Saturday game, on Monday of that week, we were forecasting like near fifty degrees, and every day that went by we lowered the temperature. And the same thing has happened this week, where we started off on Monday with a forecast for the game at around forty five, which is seasonal, and today I just sat up from my computer, I have taken the kickoff temperature down to closer to about twenty eight degrees. Will be yep, it will be the coldest game at Mile High of the year, not the coldest in history. Just this season they've had very mild temperatures. And the good news is it will be sunny, the wind does not look to be strong, and it will be dry. And so it's just like last weekend. It's going to be a dress warm asterisk asterisk exclamation point. You gotta dress warm, you gotta dress like a twinter. And if you're in the shadows in the stadium or tailgating in the shadows of the stadium, it's going to feel cold.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the challenging part because we were sitting in the south end zone. So the first half of the game we were in the sun and it was hot. I mean I use the word hot on purpose. It was hot as soon as the sun went down. It was cold in between. So it's going to be more of the same this weekend as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, as we always do in Colorado, dress and layers, so you can take off a layer two if you are in the sun early in the game because of that, I mean, the sun always makes a huge difference at our altitude. Thirty degrees in full sunshine does not feel like thirty degrees, but thirty degrees. Once that sunsets, that starts to feel a little colder. I don't think the temperatures crashed during the game, but like I said, expect temperatures to be mainly in the twenties. And of course, the game kicks off a little earlier at one o'clock now at two thirty like last week, so the setting sun will be a factor towards the end of the game, but not as much as it was last weekend with that later kickoff. So bottom line is place should be rocking it should be great weather. And there is one computer model I will tip this caveat out there that wants to keep a couple of light flurries around. I'm not going with that in my forecast. I think the air is just too dry for that. But we'll keep an eye on it. But even if that was to happen, it's not a factor on the field.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you for getting this cold front. It is a giant polar vortex that's going to send a lot of the country into the deep freeze. Let's talk about that for a moment. Are we getting snow on Friday Saturday?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Does that potentially exist? What's happening in the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So tomorrow you're going to notice it being a little more chilly. We're forecasting upper thirties, close to forty degrees, so little by little so this very cold Arctic air. There's a big area blow pressure over the Great Lakes near Hudson Bay and it is going to draw down this huge Arctic air mass that is going to slide through mainly the Dakotas, down through Iowa, the Great Lakes and then on into New England. That's where the bitter cold will be some calculated temperatures. They could be looking at like say Fargo, North Dakota, like eighteen below, in Chicago at eleven or two or three below, and so they'll have some bitter cold temperatures. The southeast corner of the country will be dealing with rain and neut rain, snow and ice. That's always the worst case scenarios, ice on the roads. We're on the western fringe of that. So some of that cold air comes our way. We're not going to get blasted by all of it. Some of it will come down. It comes in late Thursday night Friday, So Friday's highs will be in the twenties. It will be a cloudy day, and it will feel cold. Saturdays forecast highs are now in the teams. Morning lows will be in the single digits and could be close to zero both Saturday morning and again Sunday morning. So if you tailgaters who want to race off the mile high and get set up, it'll be cold as you're setting up to tailgate.
Speaker 1: You know what, I saw him drinking at ten thirty on Saturday. I think they'll be okay. They'll be lubricated and warmed up from the inside.
Speaker 3: Day from the.
Speaker 2: Inside doesn't hurt. Yeah, long way.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the polar vortex overall though, because there's been a lot.
Speaker 3: This is one of those things where.
Speaker 4: People are like, what about global warvac Dave, So can you explain the science behind a polar vortex and why this cold Arctic are is dipping down that look and by the way, this kind of weather is devastating in the Southeast because.
Speaker 3: They have no means of moving snow.
Speaker 1: They don't have snowplows, so this will cripple the southeastern part of the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't deal with that. You're talking about sliding you know, down into Florida, cold temperatures and everything. You know. Basically, look global warming again, I don't delve a lot into that. There is a science behind it, there is science against it. It becomes a political battle. The bottom line is I look at the forecasting and we are just in a pattern where there are things happening on the planet that are controlling patterns, not data weather, but patterns, and we have been stuck in a La Nina pattern. Some of that has to do with the ocean water temperatures, we've talked about before, so globally, globally the planet can be influenced by warmer periods and colder periods, and that affects storm tracts and what we get seasonally. But I always focus on that said, you know, the seven to ten days forecast, and regardless of what's driving the machine, I'm still looking for how cold will be, how warm will it be, will it rain, will it snow? How much will it rain? How much I still have to get into those details. But when you stand back globally, just because somebody hears the word global warming doesn't mean the entire planet is warm. It just means maybe the planet is being influenced by slightly warmer temperatures. And who knows what the future will break, Maybe the planet will be influenced by slightly colder It doesn't change the fact that it can be cold and rainy and snowy. It doesn't to day to day. We still got a forecast, right.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I think that this is the sad thing about this is like if we had been able to play a more southerly football team, this weather could have been a distinct advantage for the Broncos. But God if anybody's used to it, it's the Patriots, right.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like, did.
Speaker 2: You see no, did you see that game last week? Oh? Yeah, game in New England? Yep, yep. No, they're they're We're ready. They're well prepared to play in a cold game and even snow. I don't think snow is a factor, like I said, but it will be a cold game.
Speaker 3: Amen to that? All right?
Speaker 1: You can always see Dave and his fellow meteorologist on Fox thirty one. They're why watch and trust or even download their Pinpoint Weather app, which is the best and most accurate weather app I have on my phone, and I have like four weather apps on my phone because I'm not neurotic.
Speaker 3: Dave Fraser, good to talk to you, my friend.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you again next week after the big Broncos AFC Chance Future
Speaker 2: Quinn Absolutely, thanks man, I appreciate you and the crew, and go Broncos.