Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfi. Michael Garfield. Michael Garfield's joining in the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans. It have to make life easier new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add Now You're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield, m.
Speaker 3: Here we go. I have to start this episode of the High Tech Texan show with a question, and it's it's it's a serious question. And I usually jump on the bandwagon when it comes to fun things and cool things, whether I want to, whether I'm researching it, whether my kids tell me to. But here's the question. Am I the only person who has yet to create one of those chat GPT action figure dolls of myself? Because I really think I am. If I open up my social media one more time and I see some action figure the picture of this person in shorts or and they're all squatty bodied and they're holding some crazy stuff, It's like, Okay, we get it. It's cute. I haven't done it because Number one, I really don't want to. In number two, I just don't know what information is still going to be potentially taken from me. I don't know. Maybe that's why I still have a downloaded TikTok. I don't know. So if I am the only person who's in information on the Internet is not hacked, that may be why. But congratulations to all you people who just think it's funny of making an action figure dull of yourself all you want to be. Barbie's out there. My goodness that it's a fad. By the time when we do the show next week, it'll be forgotten and come tune or something. There'll be something else out there. But it's people. Just there's other things. There's a lot of other things to worry about in life, which is what I talk about here for two hours on the very long running High Tech Texan show. Michael is the name. There are a lot of Michael's in radio, but I am the original Michael Tom, the original Michael. Call me Tom, and actually you can call me GARF GRF for four letters of my last name, which is Garfield. In an interactive radio show, should callum, pick up the phone and put some collars through. I am here for you at three four six, twenty nine Texan Interactive. Also because shockingly, I do have social media, which you can find me at my hand most everything except TikTok really at high Tech Text and you spell the whole thing out. If you're too shy to call, that's fine. I'm not gonna bite. I'm the nice guy. But I will answer your questions and you can hop in on some of the interesting and crazy thoughts that I have. I am going to ask give me a few minutes because I need some suggestions from my big listening audience at High Tech Text and spell the whole thing out. But for my listening audience not only in Houston on KPRC nine fifty am, San Antonio, how are you, my dear listeners, News Radio twelve hundred wai' spen a few days in San Antonio at the Final four not long ago, and then up in Dallas, my hometown where my parents may be listening right now on Talk Radio eleven ninety. Also, you can listen to me on the iHeartRadio app. We do thank you for downloading that. That app was not around when I started this show twenty four, twenty three, twenty four years ago. No, it was just it was just radio people. Now we're finding a lot of people who are listening to the repeat of my show, which is called the Podcast. You can listen plausibly live on iHeartRadio dot Com download the iHeartRadio app. The only one of the only places that I believe you cannot hear iHeartRadio in the world, because I like to say this is a worldwide radio show. And for as long as I've been saying that, I've been saying that there's one country who I believe does not allow iHeartRadio into its borders because it blocks a lot of things breaking news. For the first time in my life, when I hang up this microphone this weekend, I am traveling there. I will report back to see if iHeartRadio is allowed in the country of China. Boom uh oh yep, Big Daddy garf rowing to China. Is this a good time to go to China? And that's a serious question, because what's going on with our government. I don't think China, I don't think a lot of countries are all too too happy with our government. I'm actually worried that I may be I may be tariffed when I come back to the United States that I can't even afford it. I am going on a fact finding journalist business mission trip six days in China, will be gone all next week, and I need I'd like your advice three four six twenty nine text in as matter of fact, if you just want to go on the x Twitter, go on What'sapp, well you can find me What's app. Go on my Facebook and let me know what to do in China. Any tips that I should know. But you better hurry up because from what I underst man, I may not even be able to communicate once I cross the border into China. I have been told. And we'll talk about this here too after the break. I need to get a VPN, I need to get an e SIM card or another SIM card. I potentially need to get a burner phone. What is it, man? I mean? The funny thing is a lot of the products that I'm taking over there, phones, sim cards, laptops, tablets, they're freaking made in China, and I think they're incredibly cheap. I'm excited, I am a bit nervous. I'm not I have traveled the world. I love traveling, Don't get me wrong. Listen, if you're a long time listening. I have done this radio show from the beaches of Mexico. We have done it Hobbo. We have done it from can Whom. We've done it from play Adela Carmen. We've done we worked with that diet a number of different resorts. I have been where else we've done the show from. I've been to Iceland. Did I just do the show from Iceland. I've been to Amsterdam. I know I've done it from London. That was probably the coolest.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I actually did the show on the what's called the London Well, it's it's called the London Eye, you know, the big Ferris wheel, Merry go Round Observation Dak whatever it is. I actually did go around and round and I did my show from there years ago. Was at two thousand and seven or two thousand and eight. That was cool. I have been to Israel. I have been to a number of different places. Dubai first time I'm actually ever going to China. I did go to South Korea two years ago. I met with the Samsung folks, got to see their factory too. A lot of technology is based uh in comes out of China, whether you like it or not, want it or not, but I am going to be doing some I met him. I may do try to record my radio show from from and see if they'll let me transmit out of there. I am going to hopefully tape a few of my TV segments I am on TV Fox seven and Austin. If you're listening up there, Great day, Houston. I've already checked with Ralph Garcia, my executive producer over there, and he said, hey, man, shoot a few things from China. I will talk about the tariffs. I know there's a massive language barrier. However, I do have a few phones that automatically use Google Translate that I may be able to communicate. I will give you my thoughts on China. But interesting, if you've ever been there, what do I need to visit somebodace. I am specifically going, and I'll end it with this. I'm going to shin Zen, which is the south point, very south point of China, just above Hong Kong. And it's cool because I'm flying into Hong Kong. I believe it's a law you cannot fly directly from the US directly into China. You have to stop at another country, Hong Kong, which is without getting into politics, it's we're just gonna call it. It's on the southern tip of China and shinz In is only like a thirty minute drive and then I'm driving across the border. So anyway, hey, folks, I just hope I come back that that that that that's all. That's all I'm saying three four six twenty nine text And when we come back, I am going to talk about international travel. This is the season where people are traveling more. I'm seeing some airlines, you know, kind of cut a few rates. H Do you want to do you want to what do you travel with? Do you travel with meds? Do you travel with pillows? Do you travel with earphones, headphones, laptops. I'm going to tell you some must have to travel and I would love hearing from you. Also got some emails earlier this week, garf what what are some of the really good places to sell some electronics. I'm getting some new electronics. I need to sell them. I don't want to throw them away. Also an absolute classic, for the first time I had a scam on voicemail. Never happened before I recorded it. I'm gonna play it and I doubt I'll get in trouble. I don't know, unless I don't know on podcast, unless we have to pay royalties for this thing. It was the craziest thing. I'll play that sometimes this first hour it is Michael Garfield, logdy radio host. Here the high tech text in the show Happy Weekend, and I do appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Two years.
Speaker 3: Travel time coming up with just the season as we get the springtime. Anybody escaping the eat of Texas over the next three four five months, either domestically or internationally. This is some of the things that I'm going to talk about in the high tech text and show. Really it's give you some jet suggestions of where to go, Yes, I do travel too, how to get there? Airlines? Anybody got some good deals? Which airlines are maybe a little cooler, easier to navigate than the others, Which has better faster Wi Fi? And we talk about that or take your suggestions, and really what do you pack? You know on these long haul flights, there are battery there's electric electricity outlets that you can plug a lot of your gear into. You know, gone or the day is at least of these long haul flights where you've got to take extra batteries I still am. I talk about this because I am getting ready to go very, very far west. I am traveling this week so far west that I will be in the far East, if that makes sense. I am leaving from Houston, connecting in San Francisco, and then I think it's a fourteen or fifteen hour freaking flight to Hong Kong. Once I get to Hong Kong, hopefully they're gonna let me across the border. When I drive across to China, it's long, and they coming back. You won't even You don't even want to know how I'm coming back. I'm not even coming back east. I'm continuing to go west through Katar. I literally am traveling around the world next week. I mean literally, I am Jules Verne on steroid. Anybody done that? It is gonna and listen for this, adhd adhd. Guy. I have no clue how I'm gonna sit still on this airplane and image people. Any suggestions? Three four six, twenty nine texts And Michael is the name. It is Michael Garfield. It's it's called the High Tech Text. And shall we talk about whatever the world I want to talk about or wherever in the world that I am so doing research, and I'm gonna give you some tips. Should you travel outside of this country because I get these questions to Michael, Do I need a do I need a new phone plan? Can I if I have a big phone plan? If I have a Verizon, if I have T Mobile, if I have an A D and T. Should I light up my international plan? Should I get a new simcard here in the United States? Or should I get one in the country I'm traveling to? These are all great questions. Heck, should I get a burner phone? I just get another whole phone. I'm gonna talk about that too. The last time I last year I went to I did a Berlin trip and I did London trip, and I got an E SIM card. Most phones nowadays, well pretty much all phones pretty much, they generally have a SIM card. It's a physical card and there's a little apartment in your phone. If you look at it that you have to take this little tiny pen and it pops out. If you ever do it, it's about the size of your pinky fingernail. That is pretty much your phone number wherever you take and pop that out and put it into a new phone. That new phone will carry and be your phone number as long as they're compatible. Well. Now phones also, the newer phones have what's called electronic sim cards. Even though it's not a physical card, some phones have the opportunity to in.
Speaker 1: What you do is you.
Speaker 3: Download, you go to a service, and there's hundreds of services where you could download a specific SIM for whatever country you're flying to. And this is where you do some research and I researched this, and I researched China, and then you buy it based on how many gigabytes of data you think you're gonna lose. Yes, there's opportunity to download a little bit more if you want to use voice calls. But generally these e SIM cards, the best pound, you know, bang for the buck is going to be data data data where you could download your email, surf to a website and then you could utilize surfing over using an app like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger. At that point, you can use an internet phone or internet you know, video, you know type of service. But newer phones, some of them will let you download not one, but two different e SIM cards. Whether you're traveling from country to country or what have you. They're they're relatively easy to do. I actually got one ERL I'm using it from. I'm trying one from a company called A I R A L O. I think I paid fifteen bucks and I'm getting five gigs of data. By the way, little trick, I was wondering what cause I can get five gigs of data? And again I'm going for I will be on the ground for like four and a half days. How much data am I going to need or use? Before I purchase a SIM card E sim card, you can go into your phone and you can go into your mobile network at in the settings and you could see how much data you use on a weekly, monthly basis. And that's what I did. Now, this is pure sell data. This is not Wi Fi. I use a lot of Wi Fi. You should be using a lot of Wi Fi at your home, at your office, at your library, at your grocery store, at your mall, wherever you are. You may not use hardly in any data. So I generally use five, six seven gigs of data in a month because I utilize Wi Fi so much, because I'm at home a lot. So I figured, well, it's five gig going to be good for a week. It should it, So it's the team Bucks whatever it is, and so I will. I will let you know how the service in China using aralow. That's number one, Michael Garfield. The phone number here three four six twenty nine Texan two nine t e x A N if you want to get on this VPNs. I am told China is, and I guess I should be careful because they may China may be monitoring. Hello China, we love your baby. I'm coming for you. Uh. China is a little different China does. I'm not saying they don't like it, but I don't think China lets a lot of Western culture, meaning the US and whatever into the country of China. They have a block on a lot of things. I don't think. May be one of the only countries in the world where you cannot get my iHeartRadio show. I will find that out in person next week. To get around that. There are VPNs virtual private networks, and one of the first things I was told you need a VPN. I have a few VPNs on my computer and I made sure already to download a VPN for my tablet and on my phone. Did you know you can get a VPN for your phone. Yes, you can't. Many many companies off your company, if you're a corporate. Here at iHeartMedia, we have our own VPN. I went ahead and I wanted to test one or two more, so I downloaded a few more. One of which I'm testing is called Express VPN. Express VPN I think it's about thirteen bones a month. You can get an entire year for one hundred bucks or whatever it is. Again, do you need what It's great to have a VPN. It really is. But if you travel to foreign countries, if you do a lot of things that you know you don't want anything you hope you don't want anything intercepted or hacked into, you really should have a VPN. So I'm trying ExpressVPN. Express VPN is nice because the at least the package that I got, whatever I got, I can have up to eight different devices utilize it. So paid for it and I downloaded on my phone, on my tablet, on my laptop, and I actually got a few phones, and so I'm going to use that. What it does when you're in another country, it connects through the Internet through a different country. Yes, it'll it'll connect via cel, it'll connect via Wi Fi. So again, let's just say I'm in China and I'm in Why and I'm in a mall, and let's just say they have free Wi Fi. I don't know it general that Wi Fi is connected to a Chinese server. Wait a minute. By using a VPN, I'm tunneling, it's going to mask where I am. It's going to trick this is legal though. It's going to trick that localized server into thinking I'm in another country, so I actually can have express VPN or my my art, you know, media VPN. It's going to think I'm a United States. So yes, I'm physically in China, but whenever I connect online, it's going to think I am in the United States, which is hopefully will allow me to get phone calls. Will's allow me to get email? Again? I will, I'll let you know, give me a few weeks when I come back, and I will totally give you the play by play when we come back. Big question go back to phones. Do I need a burner phone? And I'm gonna give you this lead. If you're traveling international, should you consider getting a burner phone? And if you're listening to me out of the country, when you come into the US, should you get a burner foote and I'm gonna make a case why it may not be a bad idea. At the bottom of the hour, Michael Garfield's called the high Tech Tax and show I do appreciate tuning in listening, kid. No, This coming week is a National Coin Week. Anybody in the coins Are you a newmismatist. I actually it's a real word. I am allowed to say that. It doesn't mean anything bad. It means you're a coin collector. I'm actually a philatalist, which also is legal too. I'm a stamp collector. Actually I used to be a flat like. I have a nice stamp collection. It's somewhere now. I do know. If you're into National Coin Week or any coins, US coins and jewelry. That is Houston's trusted destination for rare coins and gold and silver bullion and find jewelry like Rolex watches and some really sought after sports memorabilia. They're celebrating its fortieth and fortieth anniversary, has two generations. National Coin Week it's next week. It's a they're doing a they did this last year. It's a regional treasure hunt and more than ten thousand dollars in rare coins in gold are somewhere out there. Here's what you need to do. You need to follow US Coins and Jewelry on their social media Instagram and what have you. They're doing something. I'll find the Cash, Houston, find the cash, and they're going to drop clues and you're going to go to the places select around the city and hopefully you're going to find and claim prizes where you actually can you know, get up to ten thousand dollars in rare coins and gold or whatever. Big shout out to Kenny and Matthew Duncan they do such a nice job they've got there. They're building a brand new eight thousand square foot showroom right next to their current showroom. They're about eighty five oh one KTI Freeway. They're Katie Freeway and VOS right on the south side of the Katie Freeway, just outside of Loop six'. Ten this new showrooms opening in the summer of twenty twenty, five already got a tour around it and it is it's big. Stuff. Man they got great, Watches rolex Protect Phi leap just just so much more. So Happy National Coin week to everybody celebrating out. There go in some go in some, coinage go in some Quand qwan The master Of kwan talk about international travel AS i make my way west west west west west around the world To Hong kong In. China business it's a business. Trip. People if and we're talking about gear to bring or what you need to download or be careful of VPNs virtual private. Networks do you light up your phone with an international? Plan can your phone actually is certainly in the country Of. China can it receive? Calls can it receive? Data do you need an E sim card or should you get a burner? Phone should you get a burner?
Speaker 4: Phone?
Speaker 3: Now does everybody understand what a burner phone. Is it's a device that does not include pretty much everything all your personal. Correspondence you, know there have been some increasing reports that customs And border patrol that they are scanning mobile devices and some that again, anecdotally they're turning people, away they're confiscating phones on, whatever and that's not. Good but even if you're not traveling a burner, PHONE i, mean it could be pretty because it could cut down on unsolicited calls and. Whatever and actually a next, BREAK i gotta play you. THIS i Was i'm getting are you getting texts that are like? SCAMS i got a voicemail. Scam give me about twelve, minutes AND i GOTTA i recorded. This you got to you gotta hear the craziest voicemail scam THAT i. Got but if you have a burner, phone odds are you can cut down on this. Stuff it's like a prepaid. Phone it's a cheap prepay phone with zero. COMMITMENTS i mean sometimes comes with a set number of prepaid call minutes or texting messages or. Data and then really it is designed to be disposed after. USE i, mean where was this When Tom brady needed at a burner phone way back in the. Day their contract. Free you can grab them off the, counter you can buy them. ONLINE i mean they're called burner phones because technically you can burn them or trash them after, use and they really can't be traced. Back why should you get, one, WELL i mean number. One burner phones are an easy way to avoid cell phone contracts spam that you may be getting on your primary phone. Number they're not linked to your. Identity you can avoid getting tracked or. Contacted if that's what you, want you can you can get a burner. Phone as a secondary phone for specific. Purpose maybe you can do some business or when you're roaming or. Traveling, now good, Question, okay actually just got an email over. Here Hey. Michael what's the difference between a burner, phone a prepay, phone a, smartphone and burner? Sims what is all this? Stuff? Oh let me, SEE i can break this down real. Quick burner phones they're typically, cheap featured, phones don't come with a lot of bells and whistles like a smartphone. Does, okay designed to be cheap and. Disposable all burner phones are prepaid, phones but not all prepaid phones are burner. Phones, huh you get. It what sets of burner apart is that you will not have to give away any personal inf to get. One it won't be traceable to. You prepaid smartphones they're generally lower end models to begin. With, however you can you, know you can use any unlocked smartphone with a PREPAID sim if you want. To you can get a burner phone from. LISTEN i Think, Walmart target best By Big it's seven to eleven right to all this. Stuff they have burner phones in to fifty, dollars may cost a little more if you want to get some more, minutes more data with the phone and what have. You it's it's up to you who you want to get. One, now. Listen there's also some apps that let you get secondary phone. Numbers there's burner. Apps There's google, five, there There's Google. Voice you can get a lot of this. Stuff i'm not going to call them burners in the ideal sense because they're typically go. Act they're going to actually have some personal, information but uh. INFORMATION i do not have a burner. PHONE i don't plan to get a burner phone on this upcoming international. TRIP i. AM i already. DID i did get an E sim. Card and, again if you're just tuning IN, sim those little it's most all phones have A sim card that are built into little tiny. Things what A SIM sim stands for a Subscriber identity. Module it's a little tiny about the size of your pinky. Fingernail it's like a small circuit, card a small it's a smart, card and they use in cell phones and satellite phones to store your data and information about your, user about your mobile. Service it's really your phone. Number you can pop THAT sim card, out you take a little. Pin you can put that in other. Phones now there's e as an EMBEDDED sim modern, smartphones a lot of other devices they use e, sims so you don't need the physical chip or a separate. Card you can just go to a company and you can. Downloaded and that's WHAT i. DID i went to a company in this case it's CALLED ai R. ALO i THINK i got like a fifteen dollars plan AND i Could you could always tap top it off if you want, to if you use more, gigs and you do have to be country. SPECIFIC i think there's like in aero low how many is it three hundred countries or something one hundred and eighty? Countries whatever your country you're going, to you buy an e simcar for that. COUNTRY i recommend downloading it installing it before you get. There, okay before you even get on the. Plane you don't need to light it up, yet because once you land in a foreign, country the second you turn on your regular cell phone, service at that point you're. Roaming at that, point it could cost you a lot of. Money so WHAT i do WHEN i get on a, PLANE i turned my airplane mode, on which means no, communication No, bluetooth No Wi, fi and certainly no cell. Phone. Day, now WHEN i do travel on an airline that does Have Wi, fi you could turn your airplane mode, on but you can also turn Your bluetooth on you and you could turn Your Wi fi. On a lot of air air And i'm gonna talk about this next. Hour a lot of airlines they also Have Wi. Fi but pretty MUCH i turn my data off AND i keep that data off the entire. Trip then you light up the, simcard THE E sim, card that. Simcard then at that point it doesn't use your home based data, plan which could cost you an armatal egg for. Roaming you're actually using this local. Number it's not your not your same phone, number but pretty much if you have it on your, phone you're gonna be able to connect cellularly is that a? Word to whatever country? Sell and then you're gonna be able to download your your, email your apps and. Everything so that's what it. Is how Much I'M I i'm actually gonna try that. Thing so that's what it. Is i'm looking for tips from, you tips to. Travel i'm trying half this. New, HELLO i don't, Travel, yeah DO i? HAVE i have like two or three net, pillows and like an, idiot SOMETIMES i forget to bring. THEM i. AM i am flying so freaking. FAR i THINK i got a. WELL i got a four ror, flight a fourteen hour, flight got Like i'm traveling eighteen hours each. Way, Literally i'm going west the entire. Time go, west young. MAN i need a, bed AND i Hope, UNITED i Hope. Katar i'm Going united over. There i'm Going qatar on the way. Back you did not purchase one of these first class Little pilaris. Things that's heaven from WHAT i. Hear So i'm gonna need one of these travel. PILLOWS i need a lot Of i'm gonna need. Meds i'm gonna need travel. PILLOWS i don't. Know i'm testing out this one travel. Pillow it's called it's actually made designed By Eustonian. Slop very interesting. Too it's different. Again i'll do. Something follow me On. Instagram follow me On instagram because if for some Reason china lets me produce record and upload and get out information From, china and you can follow Me instagram high tech texts and spell the whole thing. Out H i g H T e c H t e X A n when we come. BACK i got to play this voicemail scam kind of craziest, one how to potentially stop voicemail. Scams and, also, YES i am going to talk a little about. Tariffs apparently there's a pause in. Tariffs hopefully it's paused another week or so SO i don't get tariffed on my way back. Home and, also if you had to pick one device to make your home a, Smartphone i'm gonna tell you what that one. Device let's see if you can deals with others. Too Michael garfield is to. Day it is the High tech nets and. Show, yeah a few minutes until the top of the, hour and then you gotta hang on for another hour of The High Tech textan, show just like that big booming voice intro Says michael is the Name. Garf if we are tight three four six twenty nine textan for some reason we do not pick up the, phone feel free to leave a. Voicemail we do have the right to play your, voicemail which is WHAT i am going to do here in a few minutes after this. Story i'm not gonna play anybody specifically voicemail BECAUSE i don't know who this person. Is because it was a it was a, scam it was a potential, scam AND i AND i recorded, it And i'm gonna play it for you BECAUSE i want buyer. Beware garf tells you to be WHERE i am here to protect you because we are getting so much spam text messages right? Now are our cell phones even voicemail? Messages how many times a day do you text? People how many times a day do you get text messages from unknown? Senders it's it's not even. Funny it could be a scammer trying to steal your personal and financial. Information because scammers send fake text messages to trick you into giving them your personal, information, password account, numbers social and if they get that, info they can gain access to your, email your, bank your other. Accounts they could sell your information other. Scammers, people would you stop? It tolltag's are a hot thing for some. Reason, hey you haven't paid your toll? Tag payoup there or. Something i've gotten a few of those promises of free, prizes gift, cards. Coupons, oh we've got a no interest credit card. Up can we help you pay off your student? Loan oh that's. NICE i don't have a student, loan But i'm glad you did your research to send me. This so there there are some ways to quickly. Assess let me help you. Out ain't ain't? Real like if when my phone, RINGS i look at the number CALLER, id IF i IF i if the name doesn't pop, up or if it's not in my phone AND i just see a, number ninety eight percent CHANCE i do not answer. IT i let it go to. Voicemail, now fifty sixty percent of those are. LEGIT i just don't know that. Person they're not in my, phone my contact. List, okay that's, cool but a lot more. Crap polo scammers send fake messages that say they have information about your account or. Transaction so we've noticed some suspicious activity on your. Account you know they. Haven't there's there's a problem with your payment. INFORMATION i know there. Isn't we're gonna send you a fake. Invoice you need to contact us because you need to Author is this purchase new the old package delivery? Notification, hey we're holding this at the post. Office please let me do don't click on the, Thing what do you do with? It what do you do about? It your phone actually may have an option to filter and block spam messages from unknown. Senders mind does do? It you could also report it your wireless. Provider they may have a, tool they may have a. Service they'll let you block calls and text. Messages you are actually, apps they're called blocking apps that you let you block unwanted text. Messages doesn't matter if you have An, Android, BlackBerry, Apple, window whatever it, is you can report. It did you know you actually hear no trivia the? Day if you get an unwanted text, messages you could forward forward that directly from your phone to seven seven, six which ironically spells, spam and that helps your wireless provider spot and block similar messages in the. Future that's, it just for. IT i mean you could for text messages forward it to. Spam that's all you need to. Do extra one. Thing do you ever get a voicemail? Scamp, Well i'll tell you what stand by for. This this is pretty interesting AND i Hope i'm gonna play it and and count and Count calum he's working on the board over, there and make sure that the. Pivot i'm gonna play. This and there's there's. Music SO i don't know if we're. ALLOWED i don't know if there's a license for this, thing because you, KNOW i, heart we're not supposed to play. THIS i DON'T i don't. Know this may not be real. Music this may be some person just playing a. GUITAR i get a, call didn't answer. IT a voicemail was. Left this is WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Heard but Him.
Speaker 4: Corn And Mason bua should get some short.
Speaker 3: Up tell them there.
Speaker 4: That's the man of. Is this call is to authorize the payment of one, thousand four hundred and ninety nine dollars for the recent order Of Apple MacBook pro on Your amazon. Account if you do not authorize this, payment please press one to speak to our customer support.
Speaker 3: Representative what do you think the odds THAT i hit the number one on my? Phone what was? That? Okay callums his lap and you're on the floor back there Behind they glad that was. CRAZY i had to record. IT i just wanted to play. IT i just WANT i just want to let people know this is the crazy stuff that's out. There so were they trying to capture my? Attention oh what a lovely. Song i'm gonna hang on and continually to listen to this voicemail BEFORE i get the. Message, oh they need authorization THAT A i bought An apple, product WHICH i would never buy An apple. Product b Through. AMAZON i would never buy An apple product Through, amazon but, yeah, sure let me go ahead and push one to authorize. IT i, mean, PEOPLE i know my, Listeners you're very. Smart you're smarter than. Me what are the the demographics THAT i? Had what percentage of my listeners would push the number? One? Zero but there are people out there who do? It? Now where would that? Go if you push? One should you Be, actually if you actually picked up and listen to, it it could connect you to phone numbers that are outside The United states that are almost like collect calling numbers where they charge. YOU i, MEAN i don't even. KNOW i just thought that Was. Chris has anybody ever had a voicemail scam like? THAT i just thought it was, interesting SO i guess it wouldn't, attack So i'm not forwarding it to the. AUTHORITIES i use that as purely. Content and by the, way that was you calling. ME i apologize for making fun of, you BUT i DON'T i do not know who you, Are but if you feel free to send a. PHOTO i don't do online, dating but maybe that's a new way of online. DATING i am not. Sure, these my, friends are some of the hot topics THAT i talk about all, right as we get to the top of the, hour coming, back here's the tease to keep you through the top of the. Hour you had one product to make your home a smart, home And i'm guessing here is at least one, product if not ten products in your homes that make your home smart. Home what would that one product? Beat it may have been the very very first product to make your home a smart. HOME i Know i've had three of them for, gosh eight to ten. Years But i'll tell you. Why, actually it's smart to have this. Thing even if you refuse to have a smart home device and it is not he give you a boor we got. Daft we have more tariff. News also answering your, question one of the best places to sell your. Electronics you probably have a lot of them like, me stacked up in your, dride in your. CLOSET i will tell you what to. Do one more hour of The High Tech Texan. Show it Is Michael.
Speaker 1: Garfield Is michael Garfil Michael. Garfield Michael garfield's joining you and The High Tech. Texan Michael garfield is here with a High Tech texans to make life. Easier technology And Michael garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 2: On Michael, garfield is your High Tech texans three decades helping you make magic with your, gadgets heard worldwide on The iheartwared you act right, Now you're High Tech Texan Michael garfield.
Speaker 3: The beginning of the second hour of the two Hour High Tech Texan, show which means we've completed one. Hour we have one hour to, go which we're halfway through the. Show so say it with, me my longtime. Listeners we are halfway to a happy. Hour it is the. Weekend there is actually the very religiously. Weekend we've got the end Of. Passova we, uh it was, beautiful it Was we had a, great Good. Friday do you have a Good friday or a Great? Friday got? Uh Easter bunny got the Pass we've got To. Easter this this this. Weekend a lot of things going on in. Show if you have no The masters was last weekend that was not there was the last week was not halfway to happy. Hour last week was all happy. Hour what a Great. Masters good For. Rory i'm actually happy for. Him, however you are celebrating this, weekend hope you're having it with a nice, cocktail responsibly and you're over twenty. One as we continue The Michael Garfield High Tech Textan, show a lot of topics last. Hour get ready to download the. Podcast you can go to the iHeartRadio app anywhere in the, world Accept, china WHICH i will tell you firsthand WHEN i return From china next. Week if indeed you can or cannot listen to a lot of or communicate to The western, WORLD i will find. Out AS i am take it off to the very very Far. East i'm doing some research on, tariffs meeting a number of technological, companies a lot of tech companies based in shins In. CHINA i still have open phone lines or if you want to email Me michael at High Tech textan dot. Com tips on international, travel what to do when In. China Remember i'm Going i'm going to the southern tip Of, china not going To, beijing not going To, shanghai not gonna see the Birthplace Siyao. Ming just standing down in Southern. China Hong kong is, era so got things to. DO i hear it's pretty hot and, humid my Niche tenas we, say climate sims is probably is going to be just exactly Like. HOUSTON i will tell you about. That so any we download the first hour on the iHeartRadio, app because you can hear me talk about what to. Bring i'm going to try out some new body neck. PILLOW i GOT vpna. DOWNLOADED i got an e. SIMCARD i talked about burner. Phones and so as you do plan your travel vacation this coming, summer you probably should listen to it kind of bookmarket and share your travel. Tips three four six twenty nine textan is the phone? Number IF i don't, answer leave a voicemail and you heard a don't scam. ME i record. Everything the voicemail is, recorded and just about five minutes, ago if you just tuned, IN i played a voicemail. Scam because your phone is your bestrid but it could be, very very. Dangerous another QUESTION i get other than is that your real? Hair yes it. Is how DO i TELL garf if my phone has been hacked or? Tapped it's a very good. QUESTION i, mean has your phone recently slowed? Down is your battery draining faster than you more than? Usual it could be a sign that your your phone has been. Hacked it could be a sign something's. Issues so number, one some of the common signs to answer your question if your phone has been. Hacked is your battery draining? Fast because if mobile spyware is on, there it's constantly going to monitor your. Phone it's going to relay data back to the host that you didn't even know it's supposed to be, there and doing this consumes a lot of, power which means your battery levels are going to drop faster than. Usual that is a very big indicator that someone is spying on. You are you noticing unfamiliar log ins social media companies they're pretty good at detecting and you, know unusual, activity and they're immediately going to send you an alert if someone logs in at any unusual time or has to re enter your. Credentials if you get a message like, this change your password. Immediately. Right is your phone's? Luggish if your device is getting slow if you use an app commonly and all of a sudden it starts freezing, up maybe a victim of phone. Hating keep a close eye on your app loading times and refresh. Rates. Right abnormal storage. Use if spyware is invisible at first, glance they're taking up room on your phone. Storage if you suspect that your apps and your. Files they really shouldn't be taken as much space as you're looking. At you can connect your phone to computer and investigate how much storage you really have on there are? There how about? THIS i hear this a. Lot hey there's an app on my. PHONE i didn't install. IT i, mean it's easy to lose track of how many apps you have to, install and hackers tend to explore that. Fact so if you notice several apps that you don't remember, installing it could be a sign of. Hacking so that's how you kind of tell what's going. On AND i guess the answer is how do you keep your device? Safe, well it's very tough to do, that but my tips are you need to regularly look at your phone's. Performance watch your battery's. Health if the number is, high you're losing charge. Fast see if it's being. Hacked take it to the store you bought it. At take it to your your data. Provider reset the, phone open your phone's app list from your settings and look at all the apps that you don't remember. Installing look at the dates they were. Installed did they all come from one or two? Dates maybe there's a malware or spyware that was put on, there delete them. Immediately don't leave your phone. Unattended it takes minutes to install spy onto a. DEVICE i hope you are using some sort of a, passcode, password facial, recognition, fingerprint. Biometric if you're leaving your phone, out you may want to go ahead and install antivirus. Software that's right there are mobile antivirus software is out there. Too mobile the VPNs that we talked. About so, ANYWAY i get that question a. Lot hopefully that's not going to happen to. You hopefully is that that's not going To hopefully you're not going to get crazy voicemails LIKE i, got or tech. Spammers and if you get a tech by the, way the tip of the, day then you don't need to pay me because we Tight and by the, WAY i just take. Tips if you do get text message, spams which you probably get a, lot you can forward. That you could forward that to what is it seven seven two, six which spells out skey am spam and that's going to go to your cell phone provider and that could help them delete and block future. STUFF i don't know what else what else CAN i? Do ALL i DO i work for you. People that's. It i'll give you the phone number as we take our first break this out already it is three four six twenty Nine. Texan big hello to all my listeners terrestrially And, Houston San antonio And dallas and everywhere around the world except Maybe china on The iHeartRadio dot com or The iHeartRadio. App when we come. Back tariffs looks like we've. Paused looks like a government going back and forth. Here MAYBE i don't, know Maybe china's going to be happy to see me right now for the less than ninety days or. So and also some good news From. Texas maybe these tariffs are doing some good here in THE us as some companies are announcing that they're going to build factories manufacturer number of things in The United. STATES i will tell you at a very very big, company one, of if not the biggest company in the world THAT i know you've heard, of they're going to start making their product or some of their products in a great state Of. Texas all that coming up on The High Tech Texan. Show no. Secret i'm a big sports, fan no secret at. THAT i pretty much live ON. Espn that's WHAT i. DO i live. Alone nobody's here with the kids are growing, up they're out of the, house don't have a, Pet so it's pretty MUCH. Espit, well last last week though it was it WAS, cbs it was it Was March Madness Final four and The. Masters, okay not the biggest baseball. Fan basketball is coming up on THE, nba But i'm pretty much kind of gonzo until the end Of august when football season sad sad news if you're a college football. Fan Lee corso announced that he is retiring FROM, espn, tiring retiring from working thirty seven thirty eight years on college Game. Day he's the dude who at the end of every show when they make their, predictions puts on the crazy mascot. Headgear so he's. Gone he's gonna. Eat he is an. Institution if there is a if there is A Mount, rushmore if there are four people who have done more to promote the game of college football front facing. People i'm not talking ABOUT ncaa or producers of. Espin Lee corso is, One Kirk herbstreet is. TWO i Mean i'll go back To Keith, Jackson hello play by. Play it could be a, coach it could Be Nick. Saban i'm not. Sure Lee corso is a quick if you Quickly corso, story Quickly corso. Story dude's ninety years, old, hilarious, funny over the, top. Austentatious he's just everybody Loves Lie. Corso true story nineteen ninety, two nineteen ninety, one ninety. Two i'm a young. BUCK i am living on the least coast the only time REALLY i was out Of texas in my. LIFE i Think i'm living In, WASHINGTON dc, area And i'm working for a sports marketing. Company, YES i actually worked for a sports marketing. Company and my sports marketing company represented a lot of, athletes and we represented a lot Of, olympians one of which Was Janet, evans the world Famous olympic gold medalist. SWIMMER i think she won in nineteen eighty, eight maybe some gold. Medals long story short THAT i was this, young younger dish not in close to an intern, dude and they assigned my company assigned me to go to drive up To, philadelphia which is not that far From, washington D. C and go to this allegiate or some big gala and be, there not Escort Janet, evans but be her. Handler because she was like a. Celebrity they just wanted to controls like. That so in a, Way i'm, like, cool are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Whatever SO i no, Way i'm this a drive up not you know. It it was a few, hours just up and down The east. Coast and Now i'm In philadelphia AND i, ever ACTUALLY i used to work In. Philadelphia that's, Right, YEAH i had worked In. Philadelphia the LADY i was a working outside Of philadephia ON. QVC i was a show. Host, Again i'm delving into things you don't care. About so, Anyway i'm With Janet, evans, nice very nice. Girl at that, Point i'm very nice. LADY i haven't talked to him many. Years and she brought a gold medal AND i got to hold the gold medal and take a good and THEN i drove her back To, WASHINGTON dc to meet with the her agent who worked at our. Company we're In philadelphia And Lee corso is giving a keynote. Speech Lee Corso, so he is very, famous former college football, coach former college football Player Florida. State actually used to room With Burt. Reynolds true, story go look it. Up and he's he's, hilarious he's, funny he's making jokes or. Whatever and that was in. That so in a, Way i'm spending the night and it's now after, dinner And i'm, hungry AND i kind of Knew. Philadelphia i'm talking To Janet evans AND i, said you want to do you want To you're, hungry you want to? Go, oh you want to get a? Drink and not just totally, platonic, DUDE i, mean just, whatever and you want to See? Philadelphia and she says, yeah she, Goes i've never had a cheese, steak AND i, SAID i know just the. Place and if you know From philadelphia back in the, day back in the days they were there was in The italian section there was two cheese, steaks very, Famous gino's And. Pats they're like right across the streets from each. Other i'd happened to Know gino younger, dude But gino and it's very famous because they have all these famous people of photographs in the wall or something like. That so in, ANYWAY i, said let's get, Now i'm gonnahry up the. Store SO i, said let's let me take you To Gino's. Pizza so we're getting in a. Cap so we go down the lobby of this hotel and people are milling around. AFTERWARDS i may have been in a, SUIT i don't even. Know And Lee corso is in the, lobby and of COURSE i, am, like you, know a media. WHORE i want. Pictures and there was no cell phone. CAMERAS i actually had an actual camera. Camera Lee, corso how are you a big? Fan AND i work for this company in sports and this Is Janet evans and so he you, know he gets starstruck and, whatever sod away AND i, said great, speech. Whatever AND i, said what are you? Doing you fly him back to wherever you're To, florida wherever you. Live he, goes, No, No i'm staying. HERE i got really nothing to do. TONIGHT i, said, Really i'm Taking Janet evans To Geno's, steaks famous cheese. Steak he, says, Dude i've never. BEEN i want to. GO i, said get in the. Cab. Done i'm in a cab with Freaking Lee corso And Janet. Evans. PEOPLE i cannot make this. Up ten minutes, later we go To gino's and Luckily gino was there AND i walk in and we walk up it's not even in it's just like the stand of food. Stand and he remembers me from about a year. Ago he, goes, hey how were? YOU i remember? You so it's sports marketing guy whatever like, That AND i, SAID i want to introduce you to gold Medalist Janet evans And Leek, horso And gino starts freaking, Out oh my, god oh my.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 3: Comeerica maria takes us in the, back puts aprons on us and has us start making and cooking cheese. Steaks And corso was. Hilarious you know you're supposed to put like three ounces of chopped, steak and melochie dude was putting like a pound of beef on eat. Sandwiches and he's giving him out the people he. Was he was. Hilarious could not have been nice and. Funny they take a picture Of, gino Me corso And Janet. EVANS i have not been back since nineteen ninety one or. Two if anybody, ever if you're listening In, philadelphia if you go To, philadelphia if you go To Gino's Cheese, steaks look on the, wall AND i want you to see if the picture of, Me Lee, Corso Janet evans And gino is on that. WALL i look relatively a. Stame my hair is absolutely not. Changed But corso couldn't have been. Nicer we get back at the. Cab he even paid for the cab ride, back signed something for, me and he was just a cut. Up what a great. Dude that was a very long winded. STORY i apologize has nothing to do, technology but this is called The Michael Garfield, show AND i can talk with WHATEVER i damn want to talk. About Lee, corso we love. You hang in. There it is actually time for you to. Retire enjoy what you have created for thirty eight years with THE. Espn good. Job DO i have any time? Left talk about anything? Else DO I what are we gonna talk? About?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Tariffs? No, no, no let me Do, nope. Nope i'm taking a. Break take it a break Because i'm freaking. HUNGRY i want a cheeseteak right, now BUT i can't because there's NO i can't have bread one more day THAN i can have some matsa all, right and then My matza time is over all. Right when we come, Back i'm gonna tell you the world's biggest company is going to start making one of their products allegedly in the state Of. Texas and so if you were creating your own smart, home what is the one, device just one that is the smartest device you should have for your smart. HOME i will tell you when we come. Back i'm a high tech texting show because my name Is it's a high tech text and that's my. Moniker It's Michael garfield shifting through my emails right. Now thank. You apparently everybody did appreciate My Lee corso's. Story i'm very. Lucky as we return to the High tech text and. Show michael is my, Name Michael. GARFIELD i. AM i get to do a lot of things in life Because i'm not. SHY i my media Because i've been in the media for twenty five. Years between my radio, show MY tv and. WHATEVER i can get media cred, anginals media passes BECAUSE i really do cover it AND i love. SPORTS i am not shy going up to almost anybody going, Hey i'm a big. Fan you might if to take a, picture you know all that other. Stuff SO i have. STORIES i kind of get behind the same, things which is really. Cool and that was My if you just tune in AND i go back and listen on the podcast On iHeartRadio My Lee, Corso olympic gold Swimmer Janet evans And Gino's Cheese steak Founder. Gino WHEN i was In, philadelphia it was funny we talked about this Because Lee corso is just. Retiring you, KNOW i got a lot of emails, going no, funny very, funny very cool story About Lee. Corso michael can't continue to. Do i'm not going to continue. That one THING i know they do not have In philadelphia is A Cabo. Bobs AND i Know, philadelphians you are, Jelly you're jealous that you do not have good Text mex up, there because if you get out of the state Of, texas there is no such thing as good Text. Mex Cobo bob's four locations In, houston like six, seven eight locations In, austin one location In San. Antonio Cobo bob's ONE i go. To it's In, Stafford texas on the southwest. Side there's one near The. Galleria there's one on the northwest. Side one A Mason road in the west. Side go check it. Out tell you what right, now caller number. Ten it's gonna go. Quick twenty five dollars gift. Card this is WHAT i. Do this is what radio is. About twenty five dollars gift cards seven, one, three, two, one, two five nine. Five oh, hurry tenth, Caller you're gonna get twenty five. Bucks that's gonna feed several people without a. Doubt biggest. Burritos you go down the, line you tell them which one of five freshly pressed tortillas that you. Want you can make case of, dias you can turn it into a, bowl you can make a salad out of. It you a number of different. Things we love cobobobs Dot. Com big shout out To lori And Arnold. Rios they kind of oversee the The houston, base the locations and feel free to expand more In. HOUSTON i Know dallas they're yelling for. Him my parents want them up. There don't need to go out of the state Of. Texas just Let philadelphia keep their cheese. Stakes just we got the cobo bobs. Here as we continue The High Tech texan, Show, Tariffs i'm Gonna i'm gonna find out a lot about. Tariff i'm gonna find out How china and the population In china they are they, happy are they? Pissed At americans right now BECAUSE i will be In china this coming, week my very first trip To. China i'm doing SOME tv Stories Great Day houston On channel eleven and obviously In houston In Austin fox. Seven i'm going to be visiting a number of tech companies that are based, there a lot of tech companies based in chins In. China i'm gonna get the play by. PLAY a lot of things are made In, china they are shipped over to THE, US us they could potentially be more. Expensive, however this past, week our government they kind of put a pause on, tariffs which actually is a good. Thing what does that mean for? YOU i spent a lot of time this weekend on a lot of my affiliated radio stations AT tv stations breaking it. Down what does the pause on tech tariffs mean for? You, WELL i told you the past few weeks if you're planning to buy a, smartphone you need to do it. Quickly you may have just caught a break because You're President Donald. Trump he did issue some exemptions in tariffs that were targeted at imports From, china and that does include, smartphones, computers processing, chips and other. Electronics saw this Price the price of an iPhone had been projected to go as high as twenty three hundred dollars Under trump's plan to impose fifty four percent tariffs On. China then he boosted it to one hundred and forty five. Percent but now it is back. Down kind of a very good scenario for tech because now chips and smartphones and computers as.
Speaker 1: Of now are.
Speaker 3: Exempt So Silicon valley and tech giants Like apple And microsoft And, nvidia they can breathe a little sigh of relief BECAUSE i Think trump ultimately had to listen To Silicon valley and what industry execs were telling him in the. Winehouse if they went down this path and they did not exempt some, technology it would have been very dark days. Ahead, yeah bill excluded from that one hundred and twenty five percent tariff On. China tech products do appear to still be subjected to about twenty percent tariffs that trumpet already imposed ON i Think beijing for retaliation for. Manufacturing, again try not to get into, politics but this is where we are right. Now but the tariff overall good news for consumers because right now we're not seeing two thousand dollars iPhones or any phones, anymore at least right. Now what is this supposed to? Accomplish, WELL i, see AND i can kind of think it's supposed to Buy american let's start making products In. AMERICA i dig. THAT i love me Some, america my favorite country in the. World, okay it is, phenomenal THE us of a. Baby bring it, on red, white blo flying the. Colors i'll bleed. It if we can keep everything In america? Phenomenal can we keep the prices low as low as things that are shipped from other. Countries, ah that's another. Story SO i think our government is trying to, say maybe we get these other foreign manufacturers to start manufacturing things in The United. States, well guess what it may have, happened because good news For United states and good news For texas if this does come. TRUE i had just mentioned a company called In video in the video one, of if not the world's, largest biggest, companies because In vidia makes those supercomputer chips that do all the artificial intelligence and THE, ai and their stock has gone up and blah blah, blah And vidia apparently just made a decision almost certainly informed by the recent tariff. Chaos it is going to start making some of ITS ai chips and its supercomputers here in the good OLD us OF. A so company announced that it's building and testing, chips specifically what's called It's blackwell chips In, arizona and it plans to Manufacture IT'S ai. Supercomputers wait for right in our Great texas has The texas are up on you? Woo that's. Right nvidia says they are going to be building supercomputers In, texas one of which is going to be made by a company called Fox, con which is In. Houston there's another company In dalla's Called, restaant and apparently mass production both of these plants expected to ramp up in the next twelve to fifteen. Months hey, MAN.
Speaker 1: I like. IT i like.
Speaker 3: It hopefully the price is not going to go up the at the at the end of the day of the of the actual products that are. Made but that's more more taxes coming into our revenue. JOBS i like, it. Man In vidia has been benefited most directly from all THIS ai, stuff without a, doubt because they make these chips and they're they're doing so. WELL i don't have nvidious Dooc this is not meat bumping up. Anything But i'm just telling, you, man if this is what our government wanted of, producing, manufacturing building stuff in The UNITED, Us, okay maybe, slowly surely it's. HAPPENING i don't know WHEN i come, back IF i come back From, china over the next few, WEEKS i will be answering your, questions giving you my insights on what does this mean for so many products that are shipped and tariff to The United. States can things be built in The United states that are great Make america great? Again making products In america that are great or greater than. Form but it also comes for pricing. TOO i, mean look look at cars In, china look at electric vehicles In. China this is this goes back To biden right now and again this is Why i'm not. Political. Man i'm gonna go back to Then i'll talk about it other president. Too there are actually WHEN i go To shen's In. China based In shen's In, china there is a big car manufacturer that IS i think they're only sold In. China IT'S. Ev it's CALLED BYD byd look it. Up is a very Large CHINESE ev. Automaker they make some pretty darn good. Evs they sell these things there for equivalent of about fifteen thousand dollars. Yep so apparently other countries can build, things do it relatively, inexpensive still sell it and still make a. Profit, see companies like that wanted and they still want to ship things like that to THE. Us but whatever administration, is they did not want. That they think it is going to hurt the CURRENT us, automakers The, gms The, fords the. Whatever again above my pay, grade above my POLITICS i care to talk. About so they were going to tear if those things so much so that a fifteen thousand dollars car maybe forty five thousand dollars. Car anxious actually to see what type of vehicles are mostly. DRIVEN i went To South korea two years, ago visited The samsung, factory saw a lot Of South korean, cars, obviously saw a lot Of Kias, Hyundai, genesis did not see one. iPhone it was All. Samsung so again an analogy or just just this kind of metaphor eat your own dog food. People that's what we used to say WHEN i used to work With. Microsoft you make the, product you use the. Product Worldwide Traveler Michael, GARFIELD i don't know what ELSE i could. Do we got one more segment to go smart. Home if you could think of one product in your home that is the most, smartest or one if you have to get rid of everything except. One what's the smartest feature from your smart? HOME i will tell you WHAT i think it, is and when we come back in The High Tech, text final segment of this Week's Hi Tech text in your, Show Michael garfield to raise your. Hand if you've been listening for almost the entire two hour, show put your hand. Down you're, Driving BUT i know what you're doing this. Weekend, actually maybe you may be listening at, home maybe listening on The iHeartRadio. App you may be listening terrestrially on the WONDERFUL am stations In HOUSTON kprc nine to, Fifteen San antonio twelve, hundred W ai And Dallas What's Up Talk radio eleven. Ninety no matter how you're, LISTENING i do thank you for, participating, calling leaving, voicemails sending, me you, know direct, messages POPULATING i. Asked i'm GETTING i got a lot of my questions or suggestions. Answered AS i get ready later this weekend to, fly very very very, far far far, west all the way To, china going downtown To. Chinatown oh shut, up, man come, On i'm older than. That, No i'm going to shins In. China i'm doing a little research on a lot of tech companies that are based over, there products that they're, building terrif. FINDING i will be doing SOME tv segments for MY tv stations In houston And, austin and obviously reporting back to you when we get, back getting a lot of tips from, you my dear, listeners of what the pack on international travel VPNs from my computers and my. Phone, yes that's, RIGHT i did get a PHONE vpn Virtual private, network maybe the only way to actually Get communicado out Of. China but see if you could follow me on On instagram and all my social media accounts for some photos And i'm gonna keep them. Clean i'll go in my talk about EVERYTHING i do is. Clean H I g H T E c H t e X A n spells high Tech texan talk a lot ABOUT i Am no for a, Fact i'm going to see a number of smart home products that are manufactured In, CHINA a lot of, manufacturer a lot of all over the. World they make things like. That IF i asked this question in your, home you probably have a lot of smart home. Products IF i could say you could only have, one which one would you choose to? Keep NOW i want you to take in. Consideration does it help you in your everyday? Life does it save you? Money does it give you a sense of? Security what would you break it down? At, okay so smart home, products we've got everything from video door, Bells we've got everything from smart, thermostats we have got security, cams we HAVE i mean, YES i mean you can have the smart home, appliances your air, fryers a number of different. Things i'll ask you another. Question what was the very first smart product that you ever got in your? Home so it's reading an ARTICLE i. FORGOT i think we may have been all seen it or something like. That what's the one gadget that is the in the headline was what's the new superhero of the energy efficient? Home what is going to give you a very little? Downside what is going to give you some? Savings and the answer, is at least for, me it is a smart learning thermist. Debt IF i can remember the very first product THAT i, put not not even in the current Home i'm in right. Now but the other, one it was a smart Thermist. Stat because they're relatively easy to do. Yourself you go get a smart thermist. Stat AND i remember Remember nest now it's Called Google. Nest that was one of the first. Ones and there's a number of different. OTHERS i have one right, now not a. Commercial it's called ecob.
Speaker 1: AND i have.
Speaker 3: THREE i have three floors in my, house SO i have different. Ecobees but the point is the use. Correctly they censor your, temperature they automatically adjust when your home when you're not, home which saves money on YOUR, hvac on your electricity. Bill AND i say this it's because as we're based In, texas spring's barely. Here it's already getting. Toasty you know your rates are gonna go, up your no electricity bill is going to go. Up what do you do IF i had one smart home thing to choose. From luckily we can have more than. That we live it. Off For Ey, contray it's that. Thermostat and if you don't have a smart, thermostat why? Not why? Not c Net they did an energy survey last. Year seventy eight percent OF us adults are concerned about the rising home energy. Cost it's not We we don't have to worry a lot about heating bills here In, texas but the air conditioning Every, May, June, July, August, September, october up up. Up but they're learning. Thermostats they learn what you. Do this is before the TERM ai really was used in an every day. Vernacular they can sense is anybody, moving is anybody? Here, oh you're leaving every morning at eight thirty to go to. Work you don't come home to five. Thirty oh, okay let's just raise or low get raised the, temperature and right before you come home at four thirty five, o'clock we're gonna lower it. Down they learn some of these deals. Said all you need to do really is pop off your old. Fashion in many cases depends how old your thermostat. Is the wirings already. There you just pop off the old thermistat which they can be popped. Off read a few, directions watch a little YouTube, video and you pop on your new. Thermostat you download a free. App now you can monitor. It you could log on anywhere in the, world maybe not from out And i'll let you. Know you can log on and almost anywhere at the, world and then you actually can see how, cool how hot your house. Is you can, raise you can lower the. Thermostat if you're renting a, house you may need to ask permission to install. One BUT i think every single person can benefit from the savings and WITHOUT ai privacy. Issues AS i, Said, Ecobe, Google, Nest Honeywell, Home, amazon they're under three hundred. Dollars no reason you need to spend more than three hundred. Dollars but temperature control has evolved a. Lot SO i answered my. QUESTION i don't know about. You we can talk about this next. Week SHOULD i come back next? Week but that's my. Answer if you have to get one powered smart, home things start with the. Thermostat then you go to a video, doorbell then maybe you go to one of those smart. Speakers then you can get some. Cameras then you can just it goes on and. On but, home we're getting. SMARTER i was THE i was one of the first smart home devices. Ever back in the late. Seventies my dad would tell me to get up and go change the television. Show that's right before the remote. Control that was me so. Long i've been around, PEOPLE i am getting ready of the shut. Up i'm getting rid of the finished packing BECAUSE i am out of. Here all. Right we will hopefully report back do the show again next. Week Michael, garfield who's the, Name definitely follow, me you, KNOW i want to see some stuff that's going on IF i, can indeed report back From. China High Tech text and high t me CHT x and, Listen thank, You, callum thank you, will thank, You Brian, Erickson Mark sherman and, everybody And Paul, Lambert Eddie martini and everybody all over the iHeart state Of texas that has put me over the air and keeps me going here for twenty, three twenty four plus. Years my name Is. Garth this is The High Tech text AND i hopefully we'll see me next. Week right, now this show is over
Speaker 4: The tag tax