Speaker 1: This is Later with Lee Matthews the Lee Matthews Podcast more what you Hear weekday afternoons on the Drive.
Speaker 2: Luis lou Alessando is a former head of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program AATIP at the Pentagon, and they researched UFOs, now known as Unidentified Anomalous Phenomenon Because, as we all know, the truth is out there. He's written all about it in his new volume and account, Inside the Pentagon's most closely guarded secret Wall, to call action to confront humanity's greatest existential questions. In Inside the Pentagon's Hunt for UFOs, Emminent Louis Alessando, It's good to have you along.
Speaker 3: It is my sincere honor and privilege to be here with you today.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So why is there or does there seem to be such secretcy when it comes to these phenomenon? Wow?
Speaker 3: Great question. So I think there's two reasons for it. First and foremost, if you look at when we started really dealing with this as a nation and as a national security issue, was really at the height of the Cold War, where Russia and the US were really toe to toe in what people call it Cold War, but really was very hot, and there were a lot of proxy wars going on. It was kind of a winner takes all chess match, and what we didn't want to do was tip our hand to the enemy. At the time, what we knew about UFOs, and more importantly, what we didn't know. We knew that Russia had their own UFO program as well, and this was all kind of cloak and dagger, and so that was one of the reasons we didn't really want to talk about it. The second was I think there was, well, there's actually three reasons. The second issue was that the military leadership was not prepared to address a problem which we didn't have a solution for. The government is really really good at addressing problems for which there is a solution. But we had the things that were coming into our controlled US air space over our sense of the military installations. They were performing in ways that we couldn't replicate, and there wasn't really a darn thing we could do about do about it at the time. So that's not really good conversation to have with the American people. Right when you are a government, the last thing you want to do is present a problem for which there is no real, immediate solution for And then the last issue was there were several studies done, commission official studies done, paid for by the US government to say, hey, what would happen if we told the American people the truth that UFOs were real? And after extensive research, the recommendation was the American people can't handle it. It would disrupt civil society. It could disrupt the way in which we live our life, this ontological shock, you know, and it could be very disruptive to our civil society, our fabric. So those were some of the reasons why I personally don't agree with that. I think America can handle the truth. I think America deserves the truth. And your tax payamount has been used to study these euap and the results of which have resulted in some very very compelling evidence.
Speaker 2: And he writes about it and inside the Pentagon's Hunt for UFOs Imminent, lou Elisondo is with us, how much of the work that you were doing with a Pentagon went hand in hand with the space program?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think you could separate the two. And that's why one of the observables was in There are five observables that the program really focused on one was transmedium travel, and that's really one of the reasons why the word UAP is now used, because the old term unidentified at flying objects isn't really accurate anymore. We're seeing these things and very very high altitude, potentially low Earth orbit, and even underwater. So yeah, you have to work with all these different intelligence collection capabilities and various domains if you will, or environments fancy word for environment, to get a better picture of what these things are, where they're coming in from, and what they're doing.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest disappointments of my life was college physics. When I started studying relativity, speed of light, et cetera. I came to the conclusion rather quickly that, Okay, as we physical beings are the closest galaxy of any repute that would have anybody or anything that would want to come here is several light years away, traveling the speed of light is physically impossible for our bodies anyway. So then and there, my belief in anything that was anything like us visiting this planet was kind of shot down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's actually two things to consider. I think that's a great point. It's brought up a lot. First of all, there are tricks around that. There's theories like now right, you can look it up called now Kubiery drive, where basically you warp spacetime in a localized area and you compress it in front while get stretched out in the back, and in essence you can travel faster than speed of light without traveling faster than the speed of light. But secondly, there are theories about these uap you know, some call them ultra terrestrials. Some will say they're from outer space, some will say they're interdmensional. Some say they're just as natural to our planet that we are, and we're just now at the point where we can we can start to interact with them. And people say, well that's nonsense. Well look, you know, my background is science, microbiology and immanology. And as a species, we've been around here for what two hundred thousand years as modern humans, as Homo sapien sapien, and it took us, you know, till two thousand years ago to realize that there's only two forms of life. You're either plant or an animal. And then three hundred years ago, during the Renaissance, we realize there's this whole another kingdom of life. Called fungus, and we pat ourselves on the shoulder. And only one hundred and twenty years ago, think about it, we actually discovered the true dominant life form on this planet. And it wasn't until we could curve blasts and look through a tube and famously shout little beast these little beasties, did we discover the true alpha species. And out of alpha kingdom of life, which was micro organisms that's been here all along, that's actually the dominant life form. So we're always learning new things about even our own environments, and we have to keep an open mind.
Speaker 2: Well, then you look at the history of flight and the relative short time we've gone from paper fabric and wood aircraft to shooting for the stars.
Speaker 3: I means it's even more traumatic than that. Yeah, we have evolved more in the last one hundred and twenty years than we have in the last one hundred and twenty thousand years. We went from horse and buggy to now putting metal and human beings on the moon.
Speaker 2: Lewis Alisando is with us. The name of the book is a fascinating topic. It's imminent inside the Pentagon's hunt for UFOs. Circling back to the space program was a considerable amount of what was being observed experimentation, say from Russia in their space program, or maybe civilians misunderstanding test vehicles of our space program.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, honestly, there's probably percent of prosaic. People misidentify things they see an aircraft high altitude balloons that are very luminous, can even at night because they're so high that they're reflecting the Sun's rays high in the altitude, high up in altitude, and they're reflecting them down to Earth. So it might be dark down here, but where the balloon is, it's it's still daylight. And so people see these luminous objects and they misidentify them stars, planets. But then you've got things that are not These are your vehicles that can perform high G maneuvers, hypersonic velocities, and they're being picked up on radar, gun camera footage, and even trained observers. Some of our best combat pilots, top gun pilots, are encountering these things. And so those are the ones that were very compelling for us in the government. We only looked at the military incidents. We weren't focused really on the civilian stuff, or you know, Grandma saw some lights in the backyard. This is you know, people that understand the difference between an SU twenty two and a mid twenty five and an F sixteen from ten miles away and have to be train to make a split second decision to either shoot it down or or protect it. And then, of course that testimony is being backed up with gun camera footage and Ford looking in for red and some of the most sophisticated radar platforms on the planet.
Speaker 2: I could a sword one pulled up in the driveway just the other day. It turned out it was one of them new Tesla pickups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, imagine seeing that thing fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: It just occurred to me the other day. One pulled up next to me in the traffic at a traffic light, and I thought, if I'd have seen this five years ago, I'd have freaked out inside The Pentagon's Hunt for UFOs Eminent is the name of the book. Louis Elizondo is the author. It's a fascinating read. And I thank you for joining us on the drive today.
Speaker 3: Thank you, good sir.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Later with Lee Matthews the Lee Matthews Podcast, and remember to listen to the Drive Live weekday afternoons from five to seven and iHeartMedia Presentation