Speaker 1: M Pay Piggy, don't make me go back to ninety five.
Speaker 2: Pay Piggy.
Speaker 3: Wage, got in no way to be alive. Pay Piggy. Pay Piggy.
Speaker 4: Don't make me go back to that ninety five.
Speaker 1: Pay Piggy. I don't want to feel like I am so likee pay Piggy.
Speaker 2: Baigg don't make me go back to my nine to five?
Speaker 5: Get it?
Speaker 6: I like that. Actually that's okay. I'm kind of liking that.
Speaker 2: AIDS.
Speaker 6: I like this, Pay Piggy.
Speaker 2: Ooh, pay Piggy. Just give me one more.
Speaker 6: Super chet.
Speaker 2: Pay Piggy, just.
Speaker 4: Give me one more super chance.
Speaker 2: Pay Piggy band. AIDS don't give you AIDS.
Speaker 7: Pay Piggy, just give me one more super chance. Pay Piggy, just give me one more super Chat pay Piggy. Pay Piggy, don't make me go back to ninety five.
Speaker 2: Pay Piggy wage.
Speaker 3: Coutin no way to be alive. Pay Piggy. Pay Piggy, don't make me go back to that ninety five.
Speaker 1: Pay Piggy. I want to feel like I am so lie pay Piggy Bay Piggy, don't make me go back.
Speaker 8: To my nine too funny m hm, I like that Actually that's okay.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of liking that. AIDS just into I like this.
Speaker 7: Pay Piggy, Pay Piggy, Just give me one more of a check.
Speaker 2: Pay Piggy, just give me one more super chance.
Speaker 9: Pay Piggy band AIDS don't give you AIDS. Pay Piggy, just give me one more superchance. Pay Piggy, just give me one more superchant.
Speaker 2: Pay Piggy, Pay Piggy.
Speaker 4: Don't make me go back to ninety five.
Speaker 3: Pay Piggy wage cock, ain't no way to be alive. Pay Piggy. Pay Piggy.
Speaker 4: Don't make me go back to that ninety five.
Speaker 2: Pay Piggy.
Speaker 1: I want to feel like I am so like pay Piggy.
Speaker 2: Don't make me go back to one.
Speaker 8: Man too, Foggy.
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 6: I like that? Actually that's okay. I'm kind of liking that.
Speaker 10: Eight bound now down show down now now now found now down down down now how.
Speaker 11: Now bound down now sound.
Speaker 10: Bound bound, don't don't do now, don't don't don't don't do don't don't down.
Speaker 11: Now do now now don't bound.
Speaker 10: Don't don't don't no no no do no do no, don't don't no, don't don't do don't don't do, do do, don't do, No, don't, don't, don't do, don't, don't, don't do, do do do do, don't do no.
Speaker 11: No, don't, don't, don't do, don't do, don't go, don't, don't, don't go.
Speaker 5: Solo solo solo, solomo, sip slo.
Speaker 6: All right, what's up? Welcome everybody. It's been a while since we have done literary analysis, so I'm much more subdued, and it's going to be a lot softer as we get into the literary analysis the Space trilogy. Have you read the Space Trilogy? What do you think of it? I'm enjoying it. I'm almost done, and so today's installment will be the first book and halfway through Perilandra, and we're going to get into the symbolism, the allegory, the deep stuff. It's gonna be like a classic esoteric Hollywood Jay's analysis style analysis. We haven't done one of those in a long time, so I'm going back to my roots. But I'm not gonna do that stupid In pr voice, I was trying to remember which.
Speaker 11: C. S.
Speaker 6: Lewis story it is. Where is it Prince Caspian that his court esoteric teacher is Flood, and I think that Lewis was probably intentionally borrowing from Robert Flood the esotericist right. And you'll notice that throughout Lewis, as we will see today, he intentionally chooses quite a few esoteric names to sprinkle in his lit. And as we're gonna see, the Space Trilogy will be a Christian dystopia, Christian themed dystopia, a subtle Christian themed dystopia, not many of those. I can't hardly think of any. So it's unique in what it is. And I think because it has these Christian redemptive themes, that's probably why it hasn't been made into a movie. You know Narnia. I mean Narnia has you know, Christian themes as well. But Lewis I think, described his style here as veiled theology, and so certainly Narnia is the same thing. And to me they count as allegory. Remember that allegory is a classic style of telling a story through symbolism. Different types of elements within the story represent people, places, things, events in other stories or in reality. We know from Galatians four or that Paul uses the events of Abraham and Sarah's life as an allegory for the church. So allegory is a classic style of telling veiled meanings, messages, et cetera through this literary device, and certainly Lewis is engaging in this to a degree. People debate Tolkien. I grew up reading Tolkien. I love Lord of the Rings, some of the first stuff I ever started reading at length. And I know that there's a lot of theories. I'm not really interested in getting into the theories on debating who meant what and what exactly you know this meant and who's right. And because a lot of people think, oh, he was borrowing from Norse mythology at us, et cetera, so those do not engage in a lot of allegory. Norse mythology is intended to be kind of surface level. It's intended to be what it is. I did have grad classes on this, so I'm not speaking out of my butt. I'm just going with what my grad lit professor said. So I don't really care if you disagree. You can have your own opinions. It doesn't bother me. And I don't really care what the true nerd dogma on Lord of the Rings is. So if you don't think that it's an allegory, that's fine, and I don't care. I do think that it is a veiled Christian allegory, and in fact, I'd still pretty much agree with my analysis that I had on my TV show. We did two episodes, if you guys remember, on Lord of the Rings. My analysis was that Tolkien had seen, you know, World War One, and he was looking to the potential dangers of more wars in the future, and what world wars would do if a technocratic my set was in place. And so the Ring and the surveillance, the Pallanteer Stone, all these things, right, They're emblematic of the magic of technology, technology as a kind of magical power that gives all of these promises and yet then ends up enslaving man. And so they are allegories for the emerging dystopia, both of them. I believe that both Lord of the Rings and the Space Trilogy are essentially allegories for the same things. Now, Lord of the Rings is a fantasy story. It's not a sci fi dystopia, but it's a fantasy story with clearly Christian imagery themes and borrowing from mythology as well. And I think that it's the perfect balance of that. That's why people find Tolkiens so engaging and appealing, because it was the right literary balance of Christian themes with ancient mythology that also has meaning for our century and well the last century and where we're going, because we're going into the Mordor world, and the races busy fighting each other don't understand that they have a common enemy who is souron himself. And I know Sauron works for a higher level fallen demon. I know all that. This isn't about nerd dogma of who gets the orthodoxy of the Lord of the Rings, right, I know it's in the seemlar Alion, So yeah, I know about all that. Anyway. Now, the reason I say all that is that you have to understand that out of the Silent Planet, that the main character in our first of the Space trilogy, Ransom, is based on Tolkien. Tolkien the philologist, going into the meanings of these words, the Middle English, the Old English, how it derives from these various Germanic and Nordic and whatever, all these all these different origins of the terms that led him to the fascination with the mythology, and then putting the mythology in a veiled theological treatise, and so I view all of these really as again veiled theologies. And that's when when that's the description Lewis himself gives of this, someone wrote a letter to him and he said, I call it veiled theology. And the academics will point out that Out of the Silent Planet was written right around the time when he was really adopting Christianity, but it wasn't totally public. He wasn't like full on people. It wasn't people weren't really sure. You know, he didn't have his he didn't have his Instagram updated that day, so people weren't exactly sure what his religious views were. And he had had so many interactions with fellow academics who were both esotericists and atheists, immterialists, and even transhumanists, and so we're going to see the atheist, transum umanist, dystopian themes in the Space Trilogy very clearly. To the extent that I was watching some other professors lectures on YouTube about this trilogy and I was surprised at how many of these dumb dums don't know what the third one is about. Oh, I don't know this Third One. I don't get it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 12: What's the turn one of us?
Speaker 6: It's weird, it's different. That's because it's about transhumanism and the illuminating firm. Dummy, like, how do you not know this? Okay, all of the people that are it's talking about the great reset, It's talking about the people in the upper class, the Malthusian elite that obviously C. S. Lewis was aware of, that Tolkien was aware of because they were in these circles. Of course they knew what bertrand Russell said. Of course they knew what Malthusianism was. And so how is it not obvious to you what the meaning of the Third Book is? And how would you not recognize that it predicted the Malthusian technocratic dystopia. I mean, this is the meaning of the figure of Weston. Professor. Weston is the atheistic materials professor who becomes possessed, becomes a demoniac, and his cohort, Divine, ends up being the villain of the Third One. And what happens what does he become? He becomes lord, not Weston but Divine. Why would he become lord? Because Lewis is telling you how the world really works. You see, for those of us that you have spent many years doing deep geopolitical analysis, deep history of all this stuff, we can recognize the continuity of the agenda from the time of HG. Wells, Versaron Russell, royal Society, etcetera up till now with the great reset and full one continuity in the writings of the present a elite structure to fulfill this same agenda. And this is what Lewis is telling you about. This is, as we pointed out many times, something about fiction. Fiction has the ability to be prophetic. Books can be prophetic. We pointed this out with Darsievsky. Dolcievsky has prophetic novels and stories and events. He predicts the communist socialist genocide of the Bolsheviks and Sovietism to what fifteen twenty years beforehand, and possessed many, many, many fiction writings have the ability to predict the future. Now it's not all crystal ball stuff. I think that being in the circles of you know, learned men, being in the circles of royal society type people, being in the circles of you know, the apex of the Darwinian Ethos, Oxford, Cambridge, right, these elite British institutions, they were exposed to the Malthewsian mindset. It's dominant amongst that class. It's still dominant amongst the elite class globally speaking. And in fact, that makes these books all the more relevant because that mindset, that attitude is more globally accepted than it was in his day, or in Tolkien's day. And if you don't know, they were part of the Inklings, and this was their little society that they came up with to challenge each other, to spur each other on to write different books. Right, A lot of different movies about Tolkien's life, about C. S. Lewis's life. Anthony Hopkins even played C. S. Lewis in one of the adaptations, and they'll all include references to the Inklings. Right now, there was another guy interesting that most people don't mention. I just remember this, so I'll have to look up his name? Is it Williams? Like one of the dudes in the Inklings was in the Golden Dawn. So I think some of the ritual elements that seep into some of these stories, the ritual magic elements, the ideas of neoplatonic magic, which actually will come up explicitly in Out of the Silent Planet. My suspicion is that they probably come not just from you know, C. S. Lewis's own research in his own life, but from the affiliation in the Inklings with the guy who was in the Golan Dawn. So, and I apologize for not having this ready because I just remembered that guy. And let me see, it's one of these dudes here. Let's see Charles Williams. That's him, I think. Yeah, now I've never read Charles Williams, but I just remember coming across him as a person very into the Golden Dawn and ritual magic. And oh that's weird because he was part of the Inklings. Right, Let's see if they mention it in here. But that's not a surprising user. A lot of people in the Church of England, right, I mean, they had already for a long time being given over to these hermetic interests. Christianity for them was probably a perennialist type of thing where they didn't even see it as an actual religion but rather to here we go. Yeah, So in nineteen thirty one, an emphasis on platonic archetypes in his literature. Again, I haven't read Charles Williams, so I can't speak to his religion or excuse me, to his literature. But I do want to show you what I'm talking about, because I'm like ninety nine percent sure that he's the one that was in the Golden Dawn. Yep, exactly. See, there's even academic literature on this very topic. See there you go. Told you I know what I'm talking about. I remember my rememberings so Akling member Charles Williams, and I don't know if he was there at the same time as Crowley, but if you remember, Crowley eventually leaves the gold in Dawn to start his magical Order. Now, I do not believe that C. S. Lewis or Tolkien are evil occultists. Some people get their panties in a bundle and get all upset about this. I'm not a puritan. I don't think there's anything wrong with using fantasy or science fiction as a literary device to convey a meaning or a message. Again, this is just what allegory is. Allegory is utilizing and playing with images and symbols to construct a new version of a story. Playing with the archetypes, right, So I don't see magic inherently as a problem in literature, as a literary device, as a kind of a maguffin or something like that, right, And and Lewis's the way he plays with it is interesting because he sees it as a way to talk about the spiritual realm, or to talk about what if we had a planet where the fall hadn't occurred yet, or it's in a different time. And you know, Venus has to undergo its Eden tempting situation, right, which is of course what part two is about, right, Parilandra is the Eden temptation on the planet of Venus, because Venus hasn't been tempted yet that planet. And we're gonna see again a lot of these esoteric neoplatonic themes. And then the most surprising thing to me out of the Silent Planet was the mention of the neoplatonic stuff at the end. Again, I don't think it shouldn't be that surprising, given the fact that the names that are constantly drop in the literature is kind of weaving together a thread for you to figure out where it's being drawn from. And so if you didn't know about the celestial spheres, if you didn't know about the neoplatonic hierarchical view of the universe, if you didn't know about the influence of Neoplatonism and Renaissance hermetic text, if you hadn't studied Elizabethan usage of alchemy in Elizabethan literature, which I did quite a bit in grad school. I know I've written mini papers on that. You can all find them. They're all public on my website. You'll know that they love to play with this image of alchemy. Now, Lewis and Tolkien would have been adamantly totally familiar with their own English tradition. And for those that don't know, Shakespeare wasn't the only person writing mystical esoteric plays and treatises. Okay, you've got Spencer's Fairy Queen, which is a wild hermetic, alchemist, neoplatonic myth of England. I mean it's very is crazy, right, and it was supposed to be the aneid of the British Empire, right, and so it is packed with just all of this just outland, just wild neoplatonic magic, theurgy, hermetic alchemy, imagery. And if you don't know Ben Johnson, John Dunn. All of those guys from that period wrote esoteric hermetic alchemical plays, poems, treatises all the time. This period is dominated by this stuff. So I think what Lewis and Tolkien are doing with and more so Lewis in this regard than Tolkien, because Tolkien reaches back beyond any of that stuff. He doesn't seem to have much of an interest in that, more so reaching into ancient myth going back to just straight up Greek mythology something like that, right, Lewis seems to have more of an interest in pulling from medieval neoplatonism. And that was the weirdest part of Out of the Signment Planet is the PostScript where Lewis himself, breaking a kind of fourth wall, steps in to write a letter to Ransom.
Speaker 5: So C. S.
Speaker 6: Lewis, the actual author of the book, writes a fictional letter to Ransom based on Tolkien, which is pretty Again, it's all fascinating, right, And there's these explanations that, oh, you know, what you thought was a wild tale is real because on other planets they have that they're teeming with life. The universe is something more akin to a medieval neoplatonic view. Of the universe as it is explained, and they even mentioned some guy I don't remember if I had the name of the person. I don't think it's a real person, but I could be wrong, because actually gave a name. They call him Nicholas somebody. Maybe it'supposed, maybe it's a stand different Nicolas of Cusa. Maybe it's just made up. I don't recall. But the emphasis is on the fact that as a philologist, Ransom had discovered in ancient texts that other medieval neoplatonists had seen or had interacted with, these beings, these planetary rulers. So the idea of planetary rulers or planetary sigils and symbols, right, this is a classic Hermetic, ancient medieval alchemical notion that for each of the planets they also have an angelic ruler. And this, I mean, this isn't even foreign to the Biblical cosmology either, right, if we've all read divine names, if we're familiar with St. Dionysius and his cosmology the celestial hierarchy, this is very amenable to the Orthodox view in some respects as well, So we should all be very familiar with this, especially given the angelic references and structure in the Orthodox liturgy, in the Byzantine Liturgy, to the powers thrown, principalities, dominions, et cetera, et cetera. So Lewis wants to pull from that and talk about how the ancient and medieval cosmology and its notions of an angelic hierarchy, the nine choirs of the angels, that's the real ordering of the universe, according to him. And it's becomes really evident in the first novel because the main villain there is Professor Weston, who is basically a mad scientist, and Weston his whole goal is to spread dialectical materialism, radical materialism to the universe, and so it becomes this dominating attempt to a man, it's a materialist manifest destiny to spread empiricist materialism imperialism to the whole universe. And Lewis makes a point to you know, to stress that this is actually destructive. It will destroy the worlds that they take it to. So if you don't know, basically, just summarize. I'm not going to repeat the whole story to you. But in the first one you have this Professor Ransom who is kidnapped drugged and taken to a planet he doesn't know where. He's taken off in the spaceship to a planet called Malacandra. And Malachandra is Mars, and Mars has its own language, its own creatures, its own beings. It's like hedgehog people, and you know, all kinds of crazy stuff going on on Malachandra or Marsh. And we find out that his kidnappers Weston and Divine. Professor Weston is the radical atheistic materialist psycho. So basically Birch and Russell. Okay, So Professor Weston, I wouldn't be surprised if I mean Lewis knew about this, he knew about the Malthusian mindset. He probably based it on Bert and Russell. I mean, I don't know that. I'm just saying that's who as I'm reading a story, that's who comes to mind. Okay. So basically he's up there in space with bertrand Russell, who has kidnapped him with this other compatriot of his, this character named Divine, and Divine's only motivations are great. He's heard that Mars has gold, and his thinking is, you know, something like what we're hearing from Bezos and Elon musk Oh, you know, we will solve our resource problems when we get to Mars, because Mars and the Moon they're going to have minerals, and we won't have mineral problems anymore because we can farm the planets from which I think is a bunch of nonsense, right, but regardless, that's what they're saying. So again, in ways you can even see today's purported private space programs, right musk Bezos, Branson. They're also kind of prefigured in either the Weston or the divine character who have kidnapped Ransom and taken him to this planet, which he finds out later is Mars. I won't go into all the details of the Mars. The one thing that I don't like about this book from the outset is the language. So Mars has its own language, and Lewis really wanted to play with the language like Tolkien did. You can tell he's definitely doing this because he saw that Tolkien was having fun with this in The Hobbit, and the Hobbit you know, begins with playing with this Elvish terminology and the language of Mordor versus the language of the Hobbits, and the elves and blah blah blah blah blah, which I understand. I don't have a I don't mind that having a place. There is just way too much of that in the first book, and it becomes a hassle and it becomes annoying. And I understand it's the literary device they liked. They're philologists, they want to play with language. But the words are stupid. First of all, trifle figgy. I mean it sounds like the dumbest possible thing that British people could come up with. What's the most dumb, stupid British sounding made up name. Magnify it by ten, put it on acid, then put it on a dose of Mollie. And then what do I get? Oh the triple Figies quote a triple Figi's and all the British literature wants to do this. Oh got we dumbledolele we feeble wobbles get me wobblesh you mean dumb doubles. It's like this is dumb. Okay, I'm not five years old. Okay, I know this is written for kids, but what is the British love for these stupid words?
Speaker 2: Let mean wobblesh?
Speaker 6: You mean figu wobblesh mean figgy, eagles mean rolling aham, just the goofy words. Anyway, it's overdone. That's the main problem with this book. Otherwise it's a great work of literature. I mean, let's look through the glossary and I think he wants you to have fun in the sense of like maybe a kid would have fun decoding this and keeping up with the glossary. And you can tell a lot of this sounds just like Tolkien stuff. It's all Eldish el Deal, the eld deal Bid. Bog El Dil is of course spirit or an angel, and you've got malel Dil. That will be important because malel Deal is basically the Christ figure in the storyline. Right, everybody knows Aslan is a Christ type of figure in Narnia, Malel Dial is Jesus of this Space Trilogy universe. Essentially, there's a bunch of other stupid names that are just kind of just annoying and ridiculous. I mean, only a British boy in the nineteen forties could enjoy this stuff. It's just stupid and it clogs up the story for me, right, I don't mind it. In the Lord of the Rings, because I feel like in the Lord of the Rings, I'm really getting some kind of Elvish language, and that's just kind of cool, I guess. And everybody going into The Lord of the Rings knows what they're getting into when they've got this gigantic, you know, thousand page thing, and you know you're gonna have to deal with token Tolkien's like pages of description of the geography in the land, and you're gonna have to it's basically an entire language. Okay, I know what I'm getting into with that. This is like a tiny kid book with I don't know how many pages, one hundred and forty pages or something, and I've got to have this chart to decode all these stupid words. Other than that, it's great. It's really good. It's an easy, fun read, it's not difficult. And the theology, as we said, veiled, it doesn't lay on a bunch of heavy stuff. It's like you're enjoying this dystopian kind of science fiction story and then you're getting a little doses of theology here and there, and you're starting to figure out, Okay, so what the problem in this story is is that they want to sacrifice a human for the potentiality of ruling this world. Right, Ransom thinks that if he can convince these people on Mars, these beings on Mars, to go along with his scheme, then he can gain control of that planet, and then they can kind of expand their materialist imperialism to the other planets throughout the universe. And this ends up not working. Ransom basically foils I'm looking from a notes for the first one. Ransom foils the plans of Western He ends up meeting with the planetary ruler of Mars, who is oyarsa I think, yeah, And it's interesting because the planetary rulers are clearly a different kind of angel than the other angels, right, So that so he's pulling from either Neoplatonism or medieval hermeticism or Dionysius to bring in the notion of different types of angelic beings. Mars is ruled by an angelic being who is not inherently an evil or fallen figure. It's just sort of the planetary ruler of Mars, the spirit ruler of Mars, and west excuse me, what's his name. Ransom figures out what Weston is up to, and then he realizes that he has providentially been brought there to help foil these nefarious designs of merchant Russell in space basically right, So he convinces the ruler of Mars that Weston is a bad guy, that he's actually a murderer. He's had people killed, kidnapped, and he's trying to foment a destruction on Mars. And then it says at the end when Lewis introduced himself as the character, and they end up foiling the plot, of course, but Weston doesn't get killed. Weston gets away, and he will be the villain in part two as well. It notes that Lewis says that he had written to Ransom inquiring whether he had ever come across the word O yarsa in any medieval Neoplatonic texts. This prompts Ransom to share the secret that the two resolved to hinder Weston from doing further evil due to the rapid march of the coming or contemporary events. So we're supposed to realize that, even though it's a fiction work, the themes of physicist Weston, the plans are going to continue because he got away, he didn't get killed. Weston is described as a thick set, physicist, ruthless and arrogant in part one mocks all classics and history as trash, and he's in favor of pure hard science and the expansion of the dialectical or reductionist, materialist atheist worldview. So clearly then the theme is Lewis critiquing the evil impetus of that worldview, the Bertran Russell type of worldview, its predatory nature in terms of expanding and needing to conquer and destroy with the materialist ethos. And then even though we've been introduced to this idea as a critique of the Enlightenment rationalist Darwinian Malthusiam materialist motivation and mindset, in part two, it's going to become more spiritual. We're going to move out of just this worldview critique and we're going to move into the spiritual explanation for the worldview. And this is not again, not a theme that comes up in Lewis as well. Right in Narnia, we have similar notions of beings that are different types of beings that are impelled by evil spiritual forces and not just by angelic good forces or not just by being characters. Right, characters have the ability in these stories to partake of evil powers or good angelic powers. And I think that's partly why so many Orthodox people find Lewis so amenable, is that you do you kind of have theosis in Lewis's stories and in his novels. I mean, think of Screwtape Letters, right, hopefully everybody's read Screwtape Letters. I mean it's a fiction piece, but it's just a brilliant insight into spiritual warfare, into the demonic. And we get something very similar with Part two. So even though Part one will give has themes of evil, it's mainly focused on the either or of the worldview of Ransom and his deference to malel dial in the angelic structure that Christ, the Christ figure has created for the universe and obeying his laws. It's this contrast of the two world views. And then in Part two both of them progress. Both Western and Ransom progress in their journeys Weston in the sense of becoming possessed. He will move from being a reductionist, atheist, materialist to a kind of New Age spiritualist who is literally demonically possessed, and his worldview will evolve, it will change. He's not a reductionist materialist anymore. And it's going to be fast and we're going to see in a minute who his worldview is more or akin to. And for Ransom. Also, his worldview has progressed. He has grown in his theological understanding, and that's why the focus of Perilandra will be heavily theological. It's going to be a series of I mean, it's it's fascinating because it's unique and it's almost like it's not really a sci fi dystopia. It's almost mythology. So it will be more like Lewis will pull from Greek mythology in Peralandra than anything like you know as a mob or Arthur C. Clark, even though it's a space fiction thing. It's kind of like contrasting Star Wars to Star Trek, right, I mean, Star Trek is like the hardcore so called sooyance, and Star Wars is more like I mean classic Star Wars, not Disney Star Wars. Classic Star Wars is more like space opera. And that's what Perilandra will be. But it's not just space opera, fantasy, see and mythology. It's also going to engage in fairly sophisticated theological debate, so that that is not what I expected. I did not expect the movement from part one to part two to be fairly sophisticated theological debate because in the novel, Ransom will have the debates and discussions with Venus, the planetary spirit ruler of Venus, the girl the goddess Venus, and with Weston, who is now fully demonically possessed. So and it reminds me too that there's other cases in Lewis like this as well. Remember Jadas, right, Jadas is similar. It just made me think of similar situations because she's like this ice queen, right, and she's not Lilith, but she's reminds me of Lilith. And she is summoned with like magic bells. Remember that. And then in the first Magician's Nephew, there's these pools that are like portals that you step into the different worlds. I mean, all that's fascinating. I think Magician's Nephew is excellent. It's it's better than Lion Witch and the Wardrobe. Actually, I think Uh Boy and his Horse is better than Language and Wardrobe. I mean, I like the land Witch and the wardrobe, and I understand why everybody likes it, But there's other ones in that series that are that are a lot better and more interesting, and they're they're they're all allegorical. But what you have in Perilandra is something way more serious and sophisticated than anything you would find in Narnia. Right, this is I mean, he's he's even gonna deal with themes of sexuality in the Fall. He's gonna deal with prede and free will. He's going to deal with the mode of being in which Eden in the world would have been if it hadn't fallen. And he's doing it through this literary device of saying, what if Venus on Venus, the fall has or the temptation or the fall hasn't happened yet. And so the idea is that the angelic beings, even though they're outside of time and space, or they're outside of time as we understand it, maybe they're undergoing a temptation as well, kind of outside of time, and so they're being tempted in their own ways. And that's precisely what part two is about. So Paralandra is about Weston having to go back. He doesn't exactly know why on another journey, another adventure, and he has taken to Venus, and he's taken there to meet with the angelic spiritual being ruler of Venus, this goddess Venus and her king who we've not met yet, who is for whatever reason absent, and I think we will. I will tell you why that is her in a moment. Why I think that is. At the beginning, Ransom mentions different esoteric schools, which I didn't expect that had spoken of seeing these spiritual entities and beings. He mentions Rudolph Steiner's anthroposophy. Now that was odd to me. That was bizarre because, as everybody knows, Steiner was a disciple of Blovatski Blevatski's theosophy of crazy cult and Steiner went in a different direction created his own cult anthroposophy. But it also has this idea of, you know, seeing into the spiritual realm and seeing all these different sort of beings and whatnot. And so I don't again, I don't think C. S. Lewis was an anthroposophist, but I think he's saying that what these esoterists are talking about is the same thing that I'm describing to you. Which is the same thing that Christianity describes as the spiritual realm, which is not just populated by quote angels and demons, but populated by various types of angelic beings and various types of demonic beings. Because remember in the Orthodox, in the Christian view, it's not just quote one generic type of angel that fell. There's nine choirs of angels in the Biblical revelation, and angels from each of those angelic choirs fell, So there are various types of demonic and angelic beings. So I think that's the theology, the philosophy, the esoteric idea that undergirds this. It's not an anthroposophical text, but it's pulling from the notion of anthroposophists that you can, you know, experienced the spiritual world and there's all these beings. That's why I think Ransom mentions that at the beginning, and then we have the an even clearer description. We kind of got this in part one, but it becomes a little bit clearer in part two that the aliens that or the beings the space beings that are being encountered are angels and demons. So Lewis was way ahead of his time in pointing out that the alien UFO type thing that's going on, whatever that is, is, at least on one level, a spiritual phenomenon aka angels and demons. I don't know if anybody else prior to him had even spoken this way. Maybe I'm just guessing, speculating. I don't really know. I'm sure somebody out there has, you know, a better assessment of who would have been the first person to really question this ocean of alien beings and tying it to the demonic again, who the first person was to do that, I don't know. By the way, this show does keep going by your superchats, so I would implore you, if you do want to see me, continue to scream, scream, scream on stream. I do both. I do scream and I do stream, and I scream on stream. You can support me via superchats that are done through stream Labs. So thank you to the mods for continuing to put those stream laves links. And I want to thank everybody who did move over to rock Fin. We had a huge jump in the subscribers over on rockfin this last week. I want to encourage any of you that haven't moved over there to also follow me and make it a subscription account over on Rockfin because that is a free speech based platform. It's an excellent platform. They're really good to their content creators and they're kind. They're basically what YouTube was in twenty twelve. So if you want to go back in time to like fund more based YouTube, definitely go over to rock Fin. And they're a great red bull free speech company, so they stick to their principles. So again, I'll be reading the super Chatz here in a moment, and we're only going to do the first half, as you know, because I put quite a bit of time and effort into this type of a talk. It's a half and half talk. So for those who are interested in hearing the second half of Parilandra and the third book, The Hideous Strength That He Is Strength, the third part of the trilogy, you will need to subscribe to Jays Analysis. It will also be available to the rock Fin subscribers as well. But this is a this will be a member's based talk and the third one is the most revelatory. Remember the third one, we will have basically the Illuminate Confirm. We will have the Illuminate Confirm wanting to depopulate explicitly with their Malthusian agenda. So C. S. Lewis is exposing us to the real illuminate, confirm. And now you see why this has never been made into movies and it never will be made into me this. You can't have what is the subject of this in a veiled Christian theology out there in blockbuster form. You see, they would never allow that. Disney, you know, they kind of, you know, did what the first three of Narnia, and I mean Narnia is what's the word I'm looking for. Narnia is kid enough that it's not really that sophisticated, you know what I mean. Yes, Oslyn dies, okay, so he dies for the people. Jesus dies to be worried. I mean, that's it's basically what's going on in Narnia. It's not it's not super sophisticated in language and wardrobe, but here it does get more sophisticated. So let's get into this. So Ransom is experiencing Venus, and he's noticed that time and space and things don't work the same on Venus like they do on Earth. And eventually he comes to realize when he meets Venus herself and begins to dialogue and debate and interact with her. That Venus has not fallen, and so he still doesn't know why he's there, why Christ has essentially sent him to Venus for some mission he doesn't know exactly yet, and he realizes, Okay, it's not fallen. And then he realizes, after kind of making his way and getting used to the lay of the land and the weirdness of Venus are on this sort of floating island, that there's different laws for different planets. So the ethics of Venus are such that the inhabitants of Venus are forbidden to sleep on fixed land, so they can go on land, but they can't sleep there, and we don't exactly know why, but that's essentially what the law of Venus is that Christ gave to it. And so Western, you know, excuse me a Ransom, is fine with all that. He's just sort of mystified and blown away by all this weird metaphysics of Venus. And then we find a spaceship crashes there and wouldn't you know, Weston shows up, all right, So Weston has also been sent to Venus before a different purpose. Western's trip to Venus is because he is being impelled by the black ARCon. No, it's not David Ike time does anytime I hear that, now, I know it's a Gnostic thing, but every time I hear it's like, okay, some of this is David Ike world. Now. So the black akon the cheta Uri on Venus, you see that, yeomen's on Venus. Satan, who we find out is the fallen ruler of Earth. So Earth's angel fell and rebelled. You see again, that's pretty much right Jesus. When Jesus is tempted by Satan, what does Satan say? All of this is mine. I can give this world to you if you'll worship me. And of course, this I think is the true sense of the term ARCon. All right, that's a term used in not just Gnostics, but it's just a term in the Greek for a power, a deity, an angel, a being a planetary ruler. So the planetary ruler of Earth we find out, is Satan, and he's fallen, and he has a desire to lead an attack on Venus because he wants to in this cosmic spiritual warfare. He wants Venus to fall because Venus is still under the dominion of Christ, and the planetary rulers of Venus are still loyal to Christ. But Ransom is sent there with Satanic power. Now excuse me, Weston, I keep you any Weston is sent there at the impetus of Satan. He doesn't actually know this yet, but he's actually possessed, and his goal is to tempt Venus to fall. And we know that it's not fallen because when Ransom is there, Venus is naked and for whatever reason, Ransom had to be naked because he was delivered there in a silver ice casket or some kind of weird space casket, I should say, and he's naked. Venus is naked. She's a babe, a buxom babe. But he says, I was not tempted. There's absolutely no sexual temptation. He said. That's when I realized, Okay, so Venus isn't fallen. And my guess as to the fixed land versus sea allowance would be that in the Neoplatonic idea, you would have a gradation of stasis versus change, right, stasis being better than change. Actually not just in Neoplatonism. That would be pretty much true for Plato Aristotle or most Greek philosophers, right, unless it was somebody like you know, Heraclitis or something, right, unless it was a philosophy thought that all this flux, the idea of stasis and change, that's the only thing I could come up with, the floating land versus the sea, and that you can't sleep on stable land, which was Christ's rule law for Venus for whatever reason, the only thing I could come up with is that in the Neoplatonic or the Greek colinic systems, stasis is superior to change. And so the temptation for the beings that were allowed to sleep, or sea being sleeping in the ocean, their temptation would be all I want to experience stasis, right, And in the Hellenic dialectic, stasis is superior to flux or change. So the ocean being in constant movement versus land being fixed in stasis, and it's called fixed versus ocean right in the novel, that would be the temptation for them. And that's not the only temptation, right When Ransom, excuse me, when Weston engages in all these dialogues and debates and explanations and stories trying to get venus to sin. He uses things like appeals to vanity, appeals to pride. He says, you need mirrors, you need makeup, you need all these things that make you beautiful to you. And so I think there's a conscious pull from the narcissusthology.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Lewis is clearly intentionally referring to Narcissus. I wrote a whole essay by the way, years ago. I didn't even I had not read this. I didn't know this was in here. Just on my own research. I thought, well, if you think about it, the story of Narcissus is kind of like the Fall, right. It's a turn inward. It's a turn to worshiping the self and vanity. And Lewis does that exact thing in this story to pull from the Narcissus mythology mythos to.
Speaker 2: Make it.
Speaker 6: Comparable to the fall, because the Fall is essentially not our worship and obedience directed to God. It's a turn inward. Remember, we just saw this in the last livestream that we did, where we looked at Genesis two and three when it talks about God's law and covenant for Eden and Adam and Eves saying being tempted Satan saying, no, you will determine good and evil. You will turn into yourself upon yourself. You will look at yourself, you will worship yourself. And that's what Weston says. Weston says Venus, Venus, baby, We're gonna make you a sty I mean he's literally actually he sounds like a kind of like a Hollywood groomer. Right, Oh, we're gonna make you a big star. You're gonna be to everybody's gonna be looking at you. They're gonna worship you. You are gonna worship you. Right, and so Ransom realizes, Okay, my job then is to dissuade Venus from falling. So essentially what we have is the whole Eden story on Venus. It's a mythological, theological telling of the events of Eden on Venus and Weston represents the serpent figure and Ransom represents Christ or the angel messenger. Right, So it's like the angel and the demon on your shoulder, and they're both whispering and arguing and having debates with each other and with Venus. So fascinating concepts, right, fascinating idea at once theological and also mythological, pulling from all kinds of Greek and classic mythology. But I think what's really interesting is that a big part of this is debate. I did not expect that. You do not expect a novel like this to be engaged in debates, but debate is a big part of this novel, and not just intellectual rational debate, but also physical battle or the BBC asked him to come and give apologetics, lectures and defenses of Christianity, which would become his famous book Mere Christianity, which I don't think is that great. Actually, it's I mean, has some prose, but it also has some pretty big deficiencies in terms of theology. But it's well known. It's a class again. C. S. Lewis does at times have apologetic insights right God in the doc he at times he'll use even a transcendental argument, believed or not.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 6: Lewis is insightful as an apologist, but he's not that good of a theologian ultimately. But he is insightful, and he's one of the more insightful Western theologians from the Orthodox fantas point. So he's in this constant debate with the demonically possessed Western, and that's not my interpretation. Like Western's froths around and starts having seizures, and like his face contorts, he turns into a different type of being who has superhuman energy, human intelligence, which Weston describes as exhausting to debate with. He says that he realized that in debates with Weston, he was debating with a superhuman intelligence, and eventually he would become more and more exhausted having his debates. And then he starts wondering, and it starts looking like Venus is going to give in, and he's gonna She's going to sin and listen to Weston and Western. It's amazing because Weston as a character anticipates so many things and movements in religion and theology at that time. The most obvious character that he seems like to me is Tayhard to chard In. I mean, did anybody else think of Tayhard when you read this? Because it's like the bertrand Russell. How can we get a more demonically possessed version of Bertrand Russell? Well, who after who at that time exemplifies this attitude, like literally even saying the things that Weston says. Tay Hard this shart in. I mean the idea that fundamental reality is all spirit, all of reality is monistically spirit coming to self realization. This is all the crap, the gibberish that Weston says, right, he says this to Venus and to Ransom. Let's see, I listed several key things, and one of the best chapters is chapter seven. So seven is key because he goes into this detailed explanation of his emergent atheistic materialist or his worldviews evolve from atheistic materialism to an emergent spiritualism. He says basically that evolutionary dynamism and increasing complexity has shown that reality is moving from physicality to pure spirit. This, he says, is basically a transhumanist movement, whereas where spirit itself or a quote holy spirit he thinks Western thinks, has moved him and changed him and enlightened him. He says, I realize now that this entity, this spirit, has guided and chosen me to reveal this and to reveal this force. Notice it's an impersonal it's not a personal deity, it's not a personal god. It's a force that is the vital life force moving all of reality, and an evolutionary scheme to a unity of pure spirit. So it's a gnostic Tahart days Shardan worldview. Literally, I have to think he used Tahart as the model for the demonic theosis. It's like an inverted theosis. Right, So it's moving from atheist materialism to now Western exemplifying literal signs of demonic possession, gibberish, talking in other languages, doing weird gestures, superhuman energy and intelligence, facial contortion. I mean, it's it's not my analysis. He really he's possessed clearly. In the novel said that right, Weston explains that his new reality, new view of reality is a metaphysical one in which monism is the truth, all reality is won. This sequence is all very reminiscent of screw table letters. By the way Western counters excuse me. Ransom counters Weston by saying, well, don't you think that it's possible that just because something spirit that doesn't mean it's good? And how many New ages?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: This also anticipates the New Age movement decades ahead of its time. How many people think the spiritual and spiritual but not religious okay? Well? Or or the people that do their trips right, acid trips, mushroom trips, d MT. I talk to the angelic. I took to dispute it beings. Well, just because something spirit doesn't mean that it's good. Maybe it's an evil spirit and it's great. Because Ransom actually raises all these objections, he said, well, just because the spirit isn't is good, but maybe maybe it's an evil spirit. And then we have an explanent a literary expert or excuse me. Ransom comes all the way full circle and he says, I realized I am Weston. I can keep getting me so western evil demonic Bertrand Russell day Sharten says, I am I am, I am God and the Devil. So he literally goes full Charles Manson in his theology. Right. I mean Charles Manson isn't on the scene yet when this book is written, but it's like literally predicting that Charles Manson's theology.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm the God and the Devil.
Speaker 6: I'm your greatest night man in your hope. Right. So Ransom goes full Manson. Excuse me, Weston goes full Manson, and then we get the literary device explanation eventually, where Lewis explains that what is myth in one world is fact in another world. So again saying the way I'm doing this is on venus, what we think is myth is actually the way that the physics and the metaphysics of that world works. So it's not multiverse, it's just other worlds or other planets. So everything is represented as an edenic temptation. We realize that Weston's real goal now is to bring death. So he's motivated now to bring death because death releases spirit from physicality, you see, So the justification for the bringing of death is his end goal. His ntilos of this tr day shardin worldview of everything evolving to monistic spirit all is one. They have a creative evolution debate in chapter nine, which is bizarre when this gets into I think this is where it starts to get chapter nine and ten, it moves into a problem of evil debate and a predestination free will debate, and the debate does not end with this being resolved. There is not an answer given. It is basically said to be a form of compatibilism. Again basically the Orthodox view. We don't follow on either side of that dialectic. But what we don't have is a justification for the doing of evil. You see, it does not make sense to do evil. And so in this story we get a mythological, theological version of the Fall or the experience of Eden, and we even have interesting experiments with playing with time and space. Right, Lewis begins to act like time doesn't work the same or time doesn't work the same with Venus, and so Venus herself she doesn't really have a concept of getting older, like she starts talking about it getting like getting older, but it's within the span of a few minutes, right, So for her time doesn't work the same way. Because again, this is not a fallen world. And although I'm not advocating that literally, it does help us to understand what the often asked question of people inquiring at orthodoxy, well, how did animals or predators exist before the fall?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Do we have incisors before the fall? Why would we need that if we didn't eat meat? Well, the answer is that the way that our bodies and biology exists now is different than the way that it existed before the fall. The mode of all reality is different before the fall, and you can kind of see inklings of this. This cosmic scope of the fall, a metaphysical alteration in the universe as a whole.
Speaker 5: In c. S.
Speaker 6: Lewis right because he's making the spiritual warfare that the Christian believes in. He's making it a cosmic story. And it would also makes sense with the notion of the divine council, right, the planetary rulers. That's that's compatible with our theology of the angels, the divine name, celestial hierarchy, Dinaysius and with you know what Heiser talks about from the Psalms in terms of the divine council. Basically, just to sum up there, Weston gives excuse me, Ransom gives the Christian classical Christian narrative on providence. He says that God permits evil because the greater good can be brought out of it. That's the romans A view. We get this really weird description of Weston. When he gets possessed, he starts dissecting for and ripping them apart, and I think that's just emblematic of the rapacious, beast like nature of what he's become now. And Lewis also describes the demonic possession, the demon in him as a kind of imp, right, So it's not it's a very intelligent imp, but the imp is also ridiculous and stupid at the same time. I thought that was a fascinating way to describe Satan right as both on the one hand, extremely intelligent but also at the same time extremely barbaric and brutish and stupid in a weird way. Somehow that works together anyway, So I think I hit all the main themes that I wanted to get to. There is we're halfway. We're halfway through part two, so we're gonna have to stop here compatitialism and free will they end up having a oh the next part that it moves to a physical battle, right, So Ransom realizes that he wasn't just brought there to have a debate with the demon that possesses Western, but he's also now he's gonna have to engage in an actual battle, and he's gonna have to be downloaded with like Matrix style moves like Neo does. I'm not joking, Like literally, he gets like the Angelic forces basically download into him all of these different like powers like Neo has, you know, Karate and whatever downloaded to his consciousness. So the angels give you know, Western the operating program of karate dot ex jujitsu dot ex. It's fascinating right the way he plays with this and they engage in a fierce combat on the backs of fish, skipping around on venus. So we'll stop there because that's the middle of part two. I think I hit everything I wanted to hit. And remember in part three it's going to get really neat because Part three will deal with the illuminate confirm. Now we're going to move to Earth and it will become this sort of conspiratorial dystopian story on Earth, and that apparently, for whatever reason, throws a lot of people for a loop. I'm going to touch on a couple of things here. Part of what we helps to explain this is the notion of the celestial spheres. If you're not familiar, this is the ancient and medieval cosmological idea. A lot of the Pythagoreans had this view. A lot of the Platonists had this view that the planetary rulers that are out there, they go in these circles, and the universe, they would think, is a kind of musical instrument. View it like a giant musical instrument or symphony that's going in a circular dance. The circular dance is going to be very important for not just the neoplatonic circular dance, imagery of the cosmos and of all the life, all the creatures on earth. But it's also sung. It's musical. Keep this in mind. The universe is being sung into existence. Notes are being played that give reality or the forms their existence out of potentiality into reality. So it's like, yeah, the word is spoken. The logo speaks reality into being. But it's not just a monotone Benstein's money speaking of reality into being. It's speaking it in a singing way into reality. Where do we see this Magician's nephew? In Magician's Nephew, how does Aslin create a Narnia? He sings it into existence? And so the orbits of the planets we're thought to have let me find the old ancient view of this in their spheres and their courses. The idea was that there were notes associated with them. See I think so it comes up in the Timaeus the sphere. Yeah, it is the most the best form. I particularly want to get to the idea of being notes. If you have order is it. If you have this book, it comes up in the quad driven. It comes up in quadrivene as well. Right, you get towards the end of the book and it will talk about the notes in the celestial spheres and the idea here being the universe is not just a giant clock, right, And you can see like the movement of the planets and their orbit and all that. It's kind of like the ticking of a big clock. Right, But it's not just that. It's also a big instrument. So maybe it's both. Maybe it's a clock instrument. And there were there were some Renaissance people who had what is the name of that big somebody invented a big goofy machine. And I referenced in the David Lynch analysis that we did what was that thing called? Does an I remember the musical instrument as supposed to be like a representation of the universe. Let's see Renaissance neoplatonic musical instrument pipes. Yes, now here is one of the papers that I read. I can't believe this came up. If you want more into this topic, I read this paper ten years ago when I was researching this neoplatonic and Phagoryan notions of world harmony and unity and their influence on Renaissance dance theory. He said, why would that be relevant? Because the universe is a big dance. It's the dance of the created order around the sun being representing God or the Logos in the center, and then everything else right having its dance around that or around Earth. It doesn't matter which cosmological model you accept, that's not the point. But what is the name of that instrument? Do you guys know what I'm talking about? It's like a weird It's in my book, yes, so let me find that. Bear with me. It's worth it because it's in my chapter on season three of Twin Peaks. Yes, here we go, Robert Flood. What do you know? Who did I pull up? Robert Flood? See, I know what I'm talking about, Like, I'm onto something with this right. So again, if you can get a hold of this paper, not this paper, where did it go? Renaissance dance theory and neoplatonic world models, that will help you understand what I'm getting at. I don't want Google images Robert Flood's temple of music. That's what I'm looking for. And remember in Lewis's in it Prince Caspian. Caspian's two is Flood? Isn't that right? Am I right? Is it Caspians tutor? Or is it am I think? Am I mixing it up with the boy and his Horse? I get the two stories mixed up sometimes because it's been several years since I read the Narnia. Do you guys remember can somebody in the chat remind me if is it tutor? That's not for sure? It had to be doctor Cornelius that's it. Maybe it's not Flood Or is it Flood doctor Cornelius? Who is doctor Cornelius? That's it? What's his last name? Maybe I'm wrong and it's not Flood, it's Agrippa. Does it say Cornelius is last name at any point? Because if it's not, maybe he may have been referencing Cornelius Agrippa. I'm not gonna read all that, okay. Whether it's Robert Flood or Cornelius Agrippa doesn't really matter because it still makes the same point about Renaissance majish type stuff. Temple of Music by Robert Flood as a mnemonic device. So it's this thing here, and you'll notice up there. Thus, what's supposed to be like the celestial spheres. I don't know what's all going down what kind of party is going on down there at the bottom of this thing. But I just want a basic rundown. I don't need fifty academic papers. So I guess he had had a dream about this or something. Yeah, we know, music is number of mysticism, I know, I know. Let's see what this guy says. Okay, so Flood had an interest in Yeah, macrocosm, macrocosm, all the stuff that you know. So here's this big thing. Look at this wild thing. And apparently he had a dream about this. Right, So this I'm assuming it's like celestial spheres and whatnot. The rest of this have no idea what this is. I mean, it's obviously musical notes and instruments, but I mean, he got like super crazy with this thing. The Temple attempts to synthesize his musical theory, focusing on the use of consonants and dissonance in rhythmic proportions. Flood explained that if you examine keenly the parts of the temple, you will have a share in its mysteries. An extremely experienced master in this knowledge, so it's a mnemonic device for music music theory. The symbols are all allegories from the temple, referencing Apollo or Pythagoras, and the images are also supposed to have a relationship to the memory palace. I'm sure you know what a memory palace is. But it's supposed to also relate to the neoplatonic idea that the universe is basically sung into existence. But anyway, I can't find anything on that right now, but that Renaissance dance theory paper that I mentioned does talk about it. So remember too, if you guys want to get deeper into this kind of stuff, you need a good diet. I know that sounds a little weird, but how are you going to do that if your second brain? Did you know you have a second brain, It's called your gut. If your gut is messed up, if it's weird, if you have a weird gut. A lot of people do have weird guts, not just in shape but also in process. Maybe it's all fed up. Well, it could be your diet. I'm not a medical professional, I'm not a financial advisor, but I can tell you that we know of a based sponsor who can help you get your diet straightened out by adding the necessary minerals and supplements to your diet to give you an optimal diet in all facts, and that would be Chalk dot com. If you head over to chalk dot com right now, the link is in the description. They will help you to become more of a toxic masculine man more of a feminine woman by giving you the right hormone and or testosterone balance that we all need via these necessary nutrients and minerals that we are depleted and deficient in. So use the promo code J fifty JAY five zero and head on over to chalk dot com as choq dot com and you get fifty percent off. Use that promo code right there, J fifty to fifty percent off. There's also the Jay fifty j Oh, I can't remember that one J fifty three life. I think you get fifty three percent off on a lifetime discount. All of those promo codes should be active, and if not, just use the J fifty you get fifty percent off. And they also set them up in stacks too, So if you're a guy, you don't know which supplements to get. There's the men's stack. If you're a girl, you're looking for the right settlements for a female biology and physiognomy, they can get the girls stack. It's that simple. They do it for you, and they are a one er organic US company. They're extremely stringent and precise on the most pure, most organic ingredients in their supplements. That's chalk dot com, choq dot com. Use the promo code J fifty. Do not submit to big seed Oil, to big Pharma, to Big gil Bates, to Big Monsanto. Fight all of that by eating number one a organic diet and number two getting the supplements that you need. Let's head on over to the super chats. Okay, here's a Amanda says. For ten dollars, can you recommend a church father that discusses why reality is fundamentally triadic rather than monistic or diaddic. Yeah. So this is covered in Vladimir Lawski's book Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church. In the chapter on the Trinity, he goes into restating the arguments from Maximus and Gregory, Nazi a Zeus, Gregory, Andissa as to why this is the case. It's covered in different places in Saint Maximus, but specifically in a couple of the Questions and Doubts. So if you read Questions of Doubts, you'll see a couple instances there. I don't remember which one they are because I don't have the book confront of me, but it comes up in the AMBIGUITA. The first Ambiguit deals with this. But the easiest readable explanation isn't in Maximus. It's just in Lasky's summary of this in the chapter on the Trinity and Mystical Theology the Eastern Church. But he's just pulling it from Maximus and Gregory nazianzas gone learn learn them? Can you do it? Jordan Peters's impression talking about Funko.
Speaker 12: Pops, Well, you know, my father was always into funco pops, and you know it's something that deep dome if you, if you, if you think about it, deep don't in your soul. We're all one kind of funkl pup. Perhaps Charles Manson's another kind of funk pup.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't know, No, I don't know.
Speaker 6: But it could be that was really dumb. I know I'm tired, so my mind is not old here today it's mush. I got up early for an interview, which I was happy to do, but man, it was early, and then I had to drink coffee to do the interview because it was too early. I'm not a morning person. I will never be a morning person. And then I couldn't go to sleep. So my mind is mush. So nobody should do morning interviews. But you don't want to say no, no, Old or Apologist sixty dollars fat super chat making it all worth it, so much, so much love for you. Look at sixty love points, guys, you want to show your love super chatty baby, and I felt, Look, I did try to sleep. So my hair is all screwed up. It's got like a wispy twirl, which makes me look like a freaking weirdo dude, so bent once again, Ben Swann beat me on hair this week. But hey, maybe next week I'll come back with with hair that's to die for. An old or Apologist says, this is going to be good. I've been waiting for this one. Yes, this was a long one in the mix, right, We've been waiting a long time to do this. Hopefully, if we get a good enough feedback. If I get enough super chats love points, I'll do more. I mean, I got stacks of lit, dude, I could. I can ramble on about lit just as much as long as we can about movies, but nobody reads books anymore. But now that movies are turning to pure garbage, maybe people will start reading books again. I don't know, we'll see, but I mean we could do. I was pulling out some other books that remind that I was reminded of reading the Space Trilogy, and there's obvious ones, right. I mean, it's a lot like nineteen eighty four in ways, except again, Orwell's book just leaves you feeling hopeless, right, I mean, there's nothing Christian about Orwell's book, even though it's amazingly prophetic and accurate. Foundation. I mean, Foundation is interesting and predictive in certain ways. But I mean this is just like pure sullyance, Like this is like the soyboy sci fi. Right, I've not watched the TV show Foundation. I kind of enjoyed this book. I didn't enjoy Foundation enough to keep reading the Foundation series, so it was kind of boring to me, believe it or not, I don't know. I know there's a lot of people who would hate this, but Ann Rand actually has a decent sci fi story. Dystobea story. Anthem is a good sci fi story. If you've not read Anthem, I recommend it's pretty good. Now, yeah, it's going to be tainted with the goofy kind of libertarian ethos stuff. I'm not saying I like everything about I don't like everything about and these stories they have different reasons why they're good. But Anthem is. I thought it was a pretty good dystopia story. And I'm not the hugest, biggest an Ran fan, but but Anthem is pretty good. But you can make that decision if you want Brave New World. Everybody knows about Brave New World. I mean, just think about the contrast of these various dystopias. I mean, again, another hopeless story, right, Huxley's dystopia is completely hopeless, nineteen eighty four a completely hopeless. Ann Rand's dystopia is not hopeless. But it's like, oh, the hope is the power of reason? Come on, dude, really, I mean that's the very thing that Weston represents right as a mov's. I mean, it's not really a dystopia. But other than the predictive elements. I don't really see much value and foundation, right.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 6: It's unique, right, Christian dystopia literature not a genre that really took off. But thank you so much, Noldor. I appreciate the big fat super chet DP ten dollars. Thank you for helping me in my journey to becoming orthodox. Hey many years awesome. Glad to hear that shout out to DP much appreciate that super chat dog. Frankie D ten dollars. I'm gonna miss most of this show in airplane mode. He's probably not even on a plane. He just wanted to say, I am intentionally putting my phone into airplane mode to miss your show. I'm just joking.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: The wibble wobble, the wibi flob, the wibble flebbies were pretty funny. Thank you. I've made fun of stupid British slang in terminology for a long time. So we're gonna coast and milk that one as much as we can. Frankie D. Five dollars. Is interesting that the esoteristis describe the spiritual realm, but they are aligned with evil, right, But a lot of them don't know that, right. They don't they they're deluded, so they many of them think that they're doing good or they justified or whatever. So that's the power of delusion, is that we can actually believe. Are you know that, well, I'm doing good, I'm not doing evil? And you know you might not even know that you're that evil. Right, that's the power of delusions. I've encountered various mythologies and noticed that there's a common theme. They seem to be the story of the cosmos from the perspective of the fallen Yes, that is correct. I think typically Gnostic stories, the Gnostic mythology and ethos, which people who follow my channel, my books, we've covered this many many times for countless sign for years. Hollywood typically represents the Gnostic story, right, the bumbling goofy idiotic creator did who's removed and useless to the creation. There's the rebellious hero, anarchic figure, the Lucifer character who's the hero of the Savior who fights against the bumbling creator, Roy Batty Tyrrell. Right, how often do we see that Gnostic version of the story all the time? And so I think you're totally right, Frankie d. And it's a point that I've made for at least ten to fifteen years. Son of Tia, my ten dollars? Can you recommend fantasy? I mean, I'm not a big fantasy person. I mean, let's be honest, most of this fantasy crap is like fake and gray, totally right. I mean, who's that one woman that was remember the woman connected to the serial killers the Mists of Avalon woman and her daughter. Her daughter became a Christian and said, that's all a bunch of pedos. So I mean there are some good fantasies novels and writers, I guess, but good fantasy writers. I mean, I think Philip K. Dick is great in various ways, but he's very gnostic in his cosmology for sure. I do intend, by the way, to do this same type of analysis that we're doing right here. I'd like to do that with Philip K. Dick's stories too, So, but that's not fantasy fantasy fantasy. I mean, I can remember fantasy novels that I liked when I was a teenager, and in ways they were interesting and fun. But most fantasy stories typically tend to be seeded with pagan ideas and really stupid stuff like remember I remember just immersing myself in Terry Brooks and the sort of in that whole series, And although I enjoyed it, I felt like this is really just a copy of Tolkien. I mean, it's like all the fantasy writers just sort of copying Tolkien in various ways. And then I remember trying to read Maryan Zimmer Bradley and I was just like, this is terrible. This is just a bunch of feminist witch crap, which crap, not just witchcraft, but which crap. So, I mean, no, most fantasy is just garbage. Dude, I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry. I'm sure there's plenty of good Christian fantasy writers out there. I just don't know who they are, so I can't. I mean, other than like Tolkien and Lewis, I just, off the top of my head, just don't know. Frankie D five dollars. The story of Zeus borrows from the overthrowing of the Father and becoming the new God. Yes, it's correct. The theme of imparting knowledge to humans, yeah Prometheus. Yeah. You then say Prometheus exactly is portrayed as the one who saves and illuminates humans. Yes, exactly. These are these are all Yeah, clearly you know Lucifer Satan derivations, thoughts of a pilgrim. Five dollars. Thank you for doing this. The story needs more coverage. Yes, this is overlooked. I guess because it's Christian. I mean the themes are more Christian than Narnia. That would be my guess as to why many people have not been told about the Space trilogy, or it's it's overlooked, or Narnia is just so popular that people just forget about it. But it is good, it's it is different. I will say it's it's not what I expected. I thought it would be like Narnia in Space, and it's not. That it's more serious and more sophisticated. Which is not to say that I dislike Narnia. I like the I like it a lot, but it's it's adult is not the right word. It's just more sophisticated. Gay lord folk or one dollar yoh. Was the Orthodox position of foreign knowledge and predestination that they are compatible. So how that is we don't know, but is revealed to be so. The Calvinist position is gnostic. Thus, I am curious what the Eastern view of those passages is well, we affirm both things right. Scripture says, on the one hand, God is sovereign, his foreign knowledge and providence extends to everything, and yet humans do have free will. And for Orthodox we just simply accept that there is a compatible position there. Somehow they work together. How we don't know. We don't know the mechanics of that, because it just simply is beyond human comprehension. And that actually comes up in I think what chapter nine or ten of Peril Undra and Seious Lewis basically gives the Orthodox view balance tis wonderful stream. I went to a Funko pop free bookstore. I'm sorry, why did you even go in there? Oh, a Funko pop free bookstore. I thought you meant like you were getting them free. Like, dude, if your bookstore is giving out Funko pops free, it's over. But you're saying that this book store had no Funko pops. Hey, thank god for that. I found David Rockfeller's memoirs. Yes, do you have videos dedicated to this book? Two of the one of the Alex fourth Hours was dedicated to that book. I don't have one on my YouTube channel that I can recall. Dedicated to that book. No, but there is one of the hours of the fourth Hour of AJ that is the memoirs, or largely pulls from them. Frankie d five dollars. This sounds a lot like the Lord Valdemort Mythos when he was on Joe Rogan. It kind of is. Yeah, I mean, I have no idea if Alex has read Swiss Space Trilogy. He could have, I don't know, but now that you mention it, it does kind of sound like that. Yeah. Interesting, the force of good and evil God moving in a certain direction. I can't remember all of it. Yeah, I don't remember all of it either. I listened to all of that and the second one, so I know we did a boiler room I think around the time when that happened, because it was, you know, just a huge podcast. It's like the biggest podcast of the time most views. And well I should do like a I should just do like a five hour rock fin live stream of that whole podcast. But yeah, I see the connection there. I didn't think about that, but I think you're right there. Maybe Alex has read parlonger Panel Coasts three dollars on the Angelic Notes Byzantine Chant is inherited by the ancient Greek music musical system for first formulator by Pythagoras. Yes, exactly, Thank you so much, Cosmos Panos Cosmotos, Pano costros right, who directed? Are you the director of Mandy and I'm joking? Yeah, So Pano is backing up that Byzantine chant has the same derivation of the Pythagorean model of the notes connected to the celestial spheres. John Damascus recast this into our eight tone system. Wow, I did not know that, and it clostically closely mimics what's supposed to be the angelic chorus. Wow, awesome. Thank you so much, Pano, because I was actually floundering there and I couldn't find what I was looking for in terms of the the celestial spheres. That helps me a lot there, Thank you so much. And then Pino says again for two dollars, the eight tiered loopable system is reflected mathematically in harmonic series. In the harmonic series, this is really freaking cool. Didn't Plato describe the forms like this too? Yeah, so the Tamayi speaks that way, So yes, Rossi, Ross Roscoe, Pico train. By the way, that's a good Roscoe, wasn't it. What is your take on Gurjev. I think he's just a kind of a perennialist, a new ag guy who sort of cobbled together a bunch of different things in a kind of hodgepodge. So I don't have I'm not too I'm not into Gurjeaf. Is he not a legitimate spiritual source. I think that any of the perennialists, any of those people have insights. I mean, I've got on my bookshelf, I've got shoe on Gerdieff, and I don't have Gurgeff, excuse me, shoe on gn On Evil.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: I've got more perennials up there, so Charles Upton, they're insightful, But I don't think any of those perennials people really gets the main point, which is Christ. I mean, that's the that's the key thing for us, right, So I mean you can have all kinds of insights from people like that, just like you can have all kinds of insights in neo platonists, But if they're missing the key thing, which is Christ, then it's kind of like you're you're missing the point, right. But thank you for that question, Ruscoe Pico train. All right, Part two. Remember, if you want to see part two, head on over to Jason Allisis and you can subscribe there. It will not be up tonight. It will be a couple of days. I'm still working through finishing the Space trilogy, and then i'll have the final talk where we'll cover the rest of Parlandra, and then we'll get into what I think is really fascinating, that hideous strength, the one that everybody says, what is this about? It's obvious what it's about. And if you know about you know, the conspiracy element of what's really going on in the world, If you know about my enthusianism and so forth, then it's obvious what the third one is about.
Speaker 10: And C. S.
Speaker 6: Lewis, I think is clearly telling us that. So look for that in the next week. It may take me a full week to do the part two. Don't message me, email me win's part two. Where's Part two? Okay, I'm telling you right now, it's gonna be a while. Every time I do this winds it up. I'll get a message tonight it's Part two up. Don't message me about part two. It will come, I promise you. Diet so to five dollars. I'm just finishing the excellent on the Human Condition by Saint Basil. Would you do a stream on this? You know, I don't think i've read that. We did a live stream two years ago on most of Basil's stuff, where I did on the Holy Spirit, I did against Unomius by Basil. We did all of the key letters, or most of the key letters, but that's just what's in the shaft set, except well, against Unomius is not in the chaft set. That's the c UA press. So but now, I don't think I've actually read that, unless it's like homilies or it's actually selections of the letters. So if it's its own work, I've not read it, but it would be a good idea. I haven't been back visited to Saint Basil since what like two summers ago, so maybe it would be a good idea to revisit Saint Basil. All right, thank you guys so much. Everybody. I hope you enjoyed this. Please hit like and share a comment below, tell me what you think, tell me what I missed, And again I did yes, because there will be fifty nerds coming on here telling me that I got Flood wrong. It's Agrippa. Excuse me, Doctor Cornelius is probably Cornelius Agrippa. It's not Robert Flood. But Robert Flood is the guy who came up with the universe being a musical instrument thing, musical temple or whatever, and asline sings creation into existence. So I'm not off on that. That's the Renaissance Platonic Pythagorean theory that Pina was talking about. So I was basically right, but sometimes sometimes I get details wrong. Guys, okay, and guess what everybody does. You don't have to correct me. In fifty comments.
Speaker 2: We got an exposed.
Speaker 6: He has no clue what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: He got something wrong, got him. We got