Speaker 1: Hi, This is Joan Bornstein from PVD, Massachusetts and I play at Thompson Golf.
Speaker 2: Club in North Riding, Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: This is Golf Smarter number nine hundred and eighty seven.
Speaker 2: All hypnosis is the form of self hypnosis. Think of me as your tour guide. If you're driving up in the mountains and you're looking for this lake and I help you get there. Then once you get to the lake, you're there, you're enjoying it, you're loving life, and I'm no longer important. I'm just the one to help you get there. So that's what a hypnotist does. So all forms of hypnosis are self hypnosis because it takes place in your own subconscious mind. In fact, I made a video a hypnosis one on one for golfers. It's on YouTube. The biggest myth about hypnosis is that you have to be easily swayed, gullible, weak witted, dim witted, not the sharpest crayon in the box. And people are proud to say, yeah, I can't be hypnotized. Once you understand hypnosis is you'll understand it's something that anyone could do. It's just a matter of choice. Now. The other myth is that once you're in the hypnotized statement, let's just call it trance. Once you're in trance, that you're under the power of the hypnotist.
Speaker 1: Here's one you've never considered. How self hypnosis can transform golf performance With Ken Hollawa. This is Golf Smarter, sharing stories, tips and insights from great golf minds to help you lower your score and raise your golf IQ. Here's your host, Fred Green. Welcome to the Golf Smarter podcast. Ken.
Speaker 2: Hey, Thanks Fred, I'm delighted to be here.
Speaker 1: It's good to have you on the show. This is going to be a fascinating topic because talking about flow state the mental game something that we do on a very regular basis. We just had a long conversation last episode on the flow state and getting there staying there. But this is an approach that has not been made well. I've not been aware of taking an approach like this to get to the flow state, to get your mental game really tuned in. And that's with self hypnosis. Now, we have had someone on before about hypnosis self hypnosis, but the person wasn't a golfer.
Speaker 2: Right now, this is a.
Speaker 1: Real different Oh okay, thank you, But this is a real different approach because you are a golfer and you're trying to get golfers to learn how to use self hypnosis to get themselves into a much better mental state for their game.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Well, that was really great. Thanks so much, Ken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great show. Yeah, see you next time. Hey, please, before we get started, I want to let you know we have a mutual friend.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm referring to Martin Chuck. I met Martin over ten years ago and I've been following his work ever since, and he's my favorite golf coach in the whole world. And he's part of the reason why I moved to Phoenix so I could be closer. Yeah, out to his golf academy. It's a tour stiker golf academy and it's like being a kid at Disneyland out there. It's so cool. He is amazing.
Speaker 1: So let's get back to the Thank you very much for that. Go back to the self hypnosis to improve the life.
Speaker 2: Of a govement. Okay, okay, go Well, you know I wanted to ask you how you got the focus to do the mental game of golf and my understanding and this is from my own personal experience is people know, they sensed the idea that the mental game of golf is important, but they don't necessarily know why it's important. And even if they did, they don't know how to improve at it, how to get better at it, or how much it affects your golf performance. So, and I was one of them, I don't know. They say, oh, the most important, you know, Bobby Jones, right the six inches between your ears. So I didn't realize how important the mental game was to golf. But what I discovered, quite by accident, is that you could use hypnosis to incorporate all the principles of the mental game and plant them directly into the subconscious mind where most of us live and when we're playing golf. And to me, that was a revelation. I knew it was powerful, and I knew it was it was profound, and I knew that was going to create a program just for golfers that just focuses on golf, and that that's why we're here today.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about that. How How do where do we get started if we want to use so well, no, let's not get started. Let's talk about the advantages of why we want to use self hypnosis.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, why don't you give me a couple because I know my material. But just just to make this interactive, what do you think are like the top two or three reasons that people struggle with their mental game?
Speaker 1: Uh frustration? Okay, yeah, because things not going away you want them to? Sure, which is golf? Do you want to keep going there? I mean, like, I think that's really that I personally, that's what happens with me when I start losing my game is because it's like, you know, a couple bad shots, you know, sometimes you know, a three putt will will get me there, but short game stuff will not getting the results that I'm anticipating.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha. I wait for like being two feet off the grain and waste a whole shot. Oh yeah, okay, So I know what that frustration feels like. And that's part of the reason why I created the program. So everything that everything about golf that we struggle with and we get frustrated about and everything. I'm the poster boy for all of that. I am because I went through it myself. For the longest time. It was ridiculous. Now now that I'm a hypnosis program. I took all the things about the mental game of golf. For example, getting emotionally upset and losing your cool that would be one of them. Choking under pressure would be one. Losing your focus, giving up on your preshot routine that helps you stay grounded and consistent, all the various kinds of things, all the aspects of the mental game that help you achieve peak performance. The hypnosis program goes right directly into the subconscious mind and it gives you cues like saying a keyword or having a key technique or taking a cleansing breath and so forth that helps you recenter yourself and get your game back on track. And it starts with getting your head straight. Okay. So I hope that answers your question, because you know, like James Siegmund says, if you hit a bad shot, then you don't own it, you objectify it and go you turn into a teaching moment and you say, if I could do that shot over again, how would I do it differently? And that turns it into a learning opportunity, And that's how champions how their mind works. So I like to help golfers make the most of every moment and every opportunity that they have on the golf course to play golf up to their best of their ability and to reach their full potential and enjoy being in the moment and playing excellent golf, because that's why we're all there, you know, we want to hit the shot that keeps us coming back. Right. And when when I discovered the hypnosis was was so powerful to help people on every single one of these points. That's what helped me create my program and make a career out of this. Not to mention, I've hypnotized thousands of people all over.
Speaker 1: The country on stage, right, I mean, this is entertainment. You do that as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, And I have to admit, unlike doctor Siegel, I never made anyone click like a chicken. He had mentioned that, you know, that's what a stage hypnotist do, and I never did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But did you get people to growl like Tiger? No?
Speaker 2: I never.
Speaker 1: That would be more of the goal for a golfer, is like, no, make me swing like Tiger? Think that way?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's that's not a bad idea. But uh, I want to be a chicken. I want to be My comedy was situational comedy. So I had people acting off of each other, like I might have a woman think that the person next to her is pinching around the butt whenever I rub my forehead. That would be an example of creating a situational comedy. And then they respond with a queue and although nothing actually happened, then the woman's having a reaction like, you know, you keep your hands for yourself, mister, and then the audience laughs. See so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how do you get people to agree to come up on stage for that?
Speaker 2: They volunteer and it's an art form as a hypnotist to look out into a sea of faces and they're all jumping up and down and they got their hands going and everything because it's fun. It's incredibly exciting. And then you pick about twenty people bring them up on stage. And I always had an assistant where she's still my partner and we've been partners thirty one years. And we bring up about twenty people and we do an induction on the stage where everyone can watch, and then it takes about, you know, six minutes or so, and then and then we keep about the best eight people out of twenty and make a show out of that. So each of these eight people, that's our recipe for success is to do a show with about eight to ten people.
Speaker 1: Well, you say the best, how do you get to that? What is it that you're looking for?
Speaker 2: Great question? So one of the things we're looking for as a hypnotist is how well do people pay attention to what I'm saying and how well do they follow my directions? Okay, this is built into the hypnosis program, by the way, it's called play like the pros. So one of the cues that are one of the suggestions we give is that your arms feel heavy, your arms feel loose, limp and relax, and your arms feel heavy in your lap. Then we come along and lift up someone's arm and let go, and if the arm stays up, then paying attention, and if they aren't plops down, then we know that they're following.
Speaker 1: They can move on to the next round, right exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one good way of looking at it. And actually, one of the reasons this is an insider secret that almost nobody would know. One of the reasons why I work with assistant and a lot of hypnotists don't is because when I'm facing the audience and I have my back to my volunteers. Some of them could be faking because they've seen the show. They know how to act, they know how to look hypnotized, but they're actually not. And so if I if I we eject them off the stage and I have an assistant say oh this guy, Yeah, he's faking, he's out of here, and then that way because we would be like an affair. So we'd be like doing two shows a day for a week or something like a county fair, a county fair, state fair. I thought you said an affair, Like wait right, what now? There we did. We got we got to do three seasons of Six Flags Magic Mountain and that was alast the Golden Beear Theater. The show it was so loud, so you know, just the best energy in the world, and it was a good place to hone my craft. So uh, that's to answer your question. That that's how we had various techniques. And of course On and I trained together, so she knew she knew what to look for as well, and she could just tell.
Speaker 1: So I got a chance to listen to most of you. You sent me the audio of one of your hypnosis sessions, and I was listening to it, and one of the lines that you had in there I absolutely loved, which is every shot has the potential to be great, yep, right, And it is such a great way to look at it, gnosis or not, that you know, when our frustration gets in the way and we're like, ah, today sucks, I'm not going to be very good and I just screwed up that shot, and then you just your attitude is all wrong. But if you go in with an attitude of this could be the shot of the day, this could be my best shot, that's really gonna help you. Now. My problem with the hypnosis part and listening to the audio. I was in a room by myself. It was dark, right, there was one small light on in there, and I was very comfortable. But you know, we've talked many times, people say, don't think about a pink elephant, and what else are you gonna do is think about a pink elephant. So when you tell me to sit still and relax and feel the heaviness of your legs and your arms, I start itching and twitching and it's like I can't I can't sit unless I'm going to sleep. I can't sit still like that so I struggled with it a bit. Can you hypnotize me? Now? You can't do this? Over it?
Speaker 2: No? No, not over it? Then?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was hoping that would have been a lot of fun. But anyway, but I'm sure that there are things about hypnosis that some people it works, some people it doesn't. And there's probably a tremendous amount of myths about not only hypnosis in general, but self hypnosis that I'd love to break through and let people understand. Let me understand what are the things that we should be aware of?
Speaker 2: Okay, great, well, you know it surprises me. I think doctor Spiegel brought this up as well, that all hypnosis is a form of self hypnosis. Okay, So the short answer to that one is, think of me as your tour guide. If you're driving up in the mountains and you're looking for this lake and I help you get there. Then you get to the lake, you're there, you're enjoying it, you're loving life, and I'm no longer important. I'm just the one to help you get there. Okay. So that's what a hypnotist does. It's a hypnotist acts in that role. So all forms of hypnosis are self hypnosis because it takes place in your own subconscious mind whoever's using the hypnosis.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so what are the myths that we have to be concerned about. Is that the main one is.
Speaker 2: That it no no, no, no no. And in fact, I made a video about about hypnosis one on one for golfers. It's on YouTube. Anyone can watch it. My channel is golf Coach Buddy. And so the biggest myth about hypnosis is that you have to be easily swayed, a gullible, weak witted, dim witted, you know, not the sharpest crayon in the box. And and people are proud to say, yeah, I can't be hypnotized or you know, yeah I'm not susceptible to hypnosis. Right, you've probably heard that, right, maybe you said it yourself.
Speaker 1: Those people.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, if you, if you once you understand what hypnosis is, you'll understand it's something that anyone could do and it's just a matter of choice. And this applies to you too. So we're going to come back full circle to that. Okay. Now, the other myth is that once once you're in a hypnotized state, and let's just call it trance to facilitate conversation. Once you're in trance, that you're under the power of the hypnotist. And see, that's that's an incredible myth, and that's it's prevalent, and that's what most people believe because hypnosis has been stigmatized, and so believe me. Well, let me let's start with a question. Have you ever been to a movie at a theater and you were so moved it brought you to tears? Of course, could you tell me what movie it was?
Speaker 1: Most of the time when I cry at movies is on airplanes. But I've been to a movie theater a long time.
Speaker 2: Shindler's List, Okay, okay, there, Yeah, So when when all the atrocities were going on and you're you're emotionally involved, and you were getting into it and it was making you upset and causing you to have these emotional reactions, right, okay, did you ever feel like you weren't yourself?
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're in a theater, you're sitting there, it's dark, right, You're not sitting there scrimming around, You're just sitting there in the chair watching the movie. It's dark, you're ignoring distractions, you're paying attention to the movie, and you know they're all actors, right. You know that if the lights came on, or you smelled smoke, or the fire alarm went off or something, you just get up and leave like everybody else. Right. So you felt normal and natural in every way, didn't you? Yes, Okay, without even thinking about it. Okay, So you weren't aware of your conscious awareness because you relax that and just enjoyed the movie at a subconscious level. And that's where our emotions run. Okay, So being in a theater watching a movie and relaxed and just enjoying it, you're still you. You still feel normal in every way, and if you need to be interrupted for something important, it happens instantly, no big deal, right, And that's what hypnosis feels like. So people think that they're going to feel weird. I didn't myself when the first time I got hypnotized. I'm like, oh, this is going to feel weird. I'm going to feel like I'm buzzing or something something weird. Right, I'm going to feel like I'm not myself or something. But that never happens. Okay, Being in a state of hypno Being in trance is similar to just being in a state of daydream. Now, I got another question for you, Fred. Have you ever been driving home from work and all of a sudden you pull up in your driveway and you're like, holy smokes, I don't remember driving for the last ten minutes. Right, Has that happened to you?
Speaker 1: Of course? Okay, it really used to happen to me a lot. When I had a manual transmission. I was a stick shift, and I'm like, how did I get to third gear?
Speaker 2: Wait? Yeah, exactly. So it's very similar to being at the movie. Your body is doing something boring and repetitive. You're driving your same old car down the same old road at the same time of the day, dealing with the same cop you know, drivers and everything, and you just kind of go on autopilot. You're consciously driving the car safely, but your mind is often la la land. You're daydreaming, You're thinking about your wife or whatever, it could be anything, right, Yeah, exactly. So that is precisely what it's like to be in a hypnotic state. Okay, so you're still you, you still have conscious that flows, I mean exactly, Yeah, and we'll come back around to that. So so you're still you, You still feel normal in every way, you still have full cognitive function and awareness. But but your brain is in a in a in a you know, it's vibrating in a theta theta zone. So that's what it's like to be. So if everyone's had these experiences. Anytime you do something boring and repetitive, like taking a shower, driving home from work, going to a movie theater where you relax, the body, the body's doing something rope and your subconscious mind is just going all over the place having a great time. Right, That's exactly what hypnosis feels like. So anyone can do it anytime they want, and in fact, everyone gets into that state often whether they're aware of it or not. And the job of a hypnotist, as I mentioned earlier, is like being the guide. And I said, all hypnosis is a form of self hypnosis. So if you came to me and said, hey, my golf game's pretty good, but I just suck on these short puts under pressure, I get the yips and I just can't control my putting. I get the yips and it just frustrates the heck out of me, right, so we could do a session together. I can help you relax. It'd be like you know, walking into a theater, turn off the lights, sit down in a comfy chair, right, just like get a theater. And then so I hope you get your body relaxed, and then I will give you suggestions. And the suggestions will be Fred. Every time you step onto the green, the color green, you feel the grass beneath your feet, and you feel relaxed, You feel in control, and you see the putt and you know you can make the putt and you feel relaxed and full of confidence. And when you set up to the ball, you feel the weight of the club in your hands and you feel the ground under your feet and you know that you're going to make a nice smooth stroke and the ball's going to go in. Bubba buah blah blah. Right, So these are suggestions I would give you, But again I'm the guide. Everything that's important, is happening, is in your mind. Okay, So does that kind of make the picture for you? And if I said, if I said, hey, Fred, as long as you're hypnotized tomorrow, I want you to go rob a bank and bring me all the cash. Okay, you would reject thatuggestion because that's not something you would want to do right so anytime, and it's called a suggestion for a reason. It's not a command. So this ties in with a myth I said earlier about people think that they're under the control of the hypnotist. And see, that's a myth because I can only give suggestions. I can't give commands. No one's under my command. Now people are free to choose to follow the suggestion or not. But you always have your conscious awareness, just like being in a theater driving a car, So you're always able to reject any suggestion that you want to and that's important. And once people understand that, then they know then they have understanding and they no longer feel threatened by it. Then then it becomes a matter of going, well, hey, what are those suggestions. If they can help me with my golf game, I'd love to hear them, right, And I want to make this happen because here's the thing. I don't want to run out of time here. But when you start out in life, you are a sponge. You are recording everything, everything, all five senses, full blast, being filmed and recorded in your subconscious mind, and almost everything important in life that we learn how to do and how to process things, we're done with that by the time we're six or seven years old. And most people as adults, those are the programs they run their whole life. For most of us. I think there was a book. I haven't read it. I think everything important I learned in kindergarten something like that. It's probably a good book anyway. By using hypnosis as an adult, you know, if you're in your forties, fifty sixties or whatever, and like you think, gosh, am I ever going to get better at golf? I'm so frustrated. You know, by using hypnosis, you can rewrite the subconscious program that isn't serving you, like getting the yips on a short put under pressure, right, okay, and you can replace it with another program that works better. And then then the only thing left is repetition. Okay. So you have to listen to the program, you know, every day for you know, maybe two or three weeks whatever, and the longer you listen to it, you reinforce the new program. It occurs over time, but all you have to do is listen, okay, And you could do as you're drifting off to sleep at night, so it doesn't even take time out of your day. You just play the tape. I call it a tape. Play the program, listen to it as you're drifting off to sleep at night, and then all of a sudden you're out on the golf course and you start getting amazing results, and you'll know it's because of the hypnosis program. And the kicker is that once that new program is in your subconscious mind, it'll be there as if you've had it your whole life. It's it's who you are now.
Speaker 1: Okay. A couple of things in listening to the program. As I was lying there last night and you said, I'm going to if you use the word green, right, it's the trigger word for you. It's not a good word for me. That's my last name, so that that word gets thrown around a lot in my life. So I'm like, I got to come up with another name. But I'm someone who and I've been open about this. I'm medicated for a d D right ADHD. And it's for me life is now and not now.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You look confused. I mean that's that I.
Speaker 2: Want to understand what you're saying. But I don't want to. I'm if I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, it's I've got a hyper focus, which really was a lot of a d D is hyper focus. Otherwise it's you know, I can hear the three conversations that are going at the tables around me as well as the one going on and and it's just and then like when my wife says I want to make a plan for next it's like, just make the plan and I'll be there. But don't ask me to think about I gotta you know, all I can really do is schedule my rounds of golf and get my work done. But it's now and not now does that make sense at all? So it's hard for me to get into that state, at least my first time around. I mean, I'm definitely willing to try it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you know the induction that I use in the program, that's after many years of diligent study and experience to be to be the most effective to the largest group of people. And I wouldn't make the claim necessarily that that particular induction, word for word, is going to work one hundred percent for every single human being on the planet that speaks English. What I would say is, if you buy the program and for some reason it doesn't work for you and you're not happy, you can get your money back.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: But in your case, I'm happy to discuss your particular issue with the ADHD. But as far as the keyword goes, you could just mentally change it. Just think of a word that works for you better. In fact, let's just come up with one right now. Now, this is a word that as you're going through a round of golf. Okay, there's certain things that you have Okay, use your eyesight to focus on your target, right, use your hands to hold the club, and use your feet to feel the ground beneath you. Right. So we want you to be in the present moment of golf. We want you to be focused on exactly what you're doing, and so we want to make we want to keep you centered and grounded. Okay. So a lot of the suggestions are worded in that direction that, Hey, you're walking around the golf course, you see the target, you see a golf ball, you feel the way to the club in your hands, you feel the ground beneath your feet. Take one of these cues and make a word out of it. That helps you think of all the good, powerful and positive suggestions that you want to use in your subconscious mind.
Speaker 1: Balance.
Speaker 2: Balance, great, balance. So you say your keyword is green, I want you to think your keyword is balance. So every time you step up to a ball, or better yet, let's say if you have a good pre shot routine. Okay, you got the club in your hand, you're standing back behind the ball, you're siding down your target line right, and you're envisioning the shot you want to hit, and you take a practice swing. Right. When you come out of that practice swing, you feel the weight of the club in your hands as you're imagining the shot you're about to hit. This is a mental rehearsal, right, and a physical rehearsal. And then when you finish that backswing and you hold that finish, that's where your balance is, right, and you're thinking, my keyword is balance. Now I'm going to go step up and and perform this shot beautifully. I like it. So think of your keyword balance every time you do your pre shot routine. Yeah, that's going to help work great. Well, they it's going to help you stay balanced, or excuse me, it's going to help you stay in the present and stay centered and focus on your objective, which is to hit the shot you rehearse onto your target.
Speaker 1: And do you teach golf? Are you also a golf instructor?
Speaker 2: I do. I joined the Professional Golf Teachers Association of America, and uh, they're they're a it's like a home study course basically, But I worked with several top ranked professionals and and my focus is on putting on the short game. But I'm also schooled, and you know the full body swing, you know the full the full gamut. So and the reason why I'm trained that way is because I think of myself as a golf performance coach. So I take a holistic approach to every facet of a golfer's game. And so when I contemplate bring on a new golf coaching client, uh, that person, I will talk about their golf journey and we'll figure out if it's a good fit for me to work with that person. And part of that is to assess their full game and see where they can make the most improvement and the least amount of time and effort. So I focus on an immediate improvement and then a long term improvement.
Speaker 1: Awesome so many golf instructors, you know, they're they're they're working on swing mechanics right, and and not a lot not enough work on playing golf right, which is all the different aspects. It's not just about hitting the ball right. It's about playing the golf course. It's about you know, playing the game and making the best out of your bad shots, which are going to happen no matter what.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: And so what's interesting is so many books and God all the way back to Hogan is talking about the swing and the swing and you know, to become a better golfer and stuff, but it's really not you know, well, that's the focus of this podcast. It's all about the mental part of it. It's all about the internal struggle that's going on and getting through a round of golf, not on your mechanics, but on playing a round of golf right.
Speaker 2: Sure. You know you mentioned earlier you mentioned the zone. Yeah, and that's the opposite of struggle. Being in the zone is when it's easy, it's effortless, right, you let the club heead do the work. You're seeing the shots you want to hit, your balls are tracking on target, you're enjoying the day. You just feel great. You're like walking above the ground. Life is beautiful, right, And so when you work on the mental game, you're kind of like tipping the scales in your favor, so you can set yourself up for success to enjoy peak performance during your round of golf. And I happen to believe that, you know, hypnosis can make a big difference in that regard. And yeah, so I've got lots of materials that people can well, you know a lot of people have been following your podcast, which focuses on the middle game, and that's what attracted us to each other. But I've created a variety of free resources on YouTube and on my website, golf coachbuddy dot com where people can come and learn more about how the mental game works, why it's important, and how you could use hypnosis to improve your mental game, because if you want to be honest, you know, your mental game can make or break your performance on the golf course. And the body follows the mind, and every shot exists first in your mind's eye, So the better you are at what's the one thing everyone says they want in golf?
Speaker 1: More distance, more consistency, More consistency and more distance. Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So doesn't it make sense that if your mental approach to this golf game is more consistent, then so is your physical performance going to be more consistent.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's where it's at.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about you've now become accustomed to the self hypnosis part of getting yourself into that place where you can recall the trigger word. What about your pre round preparation? Is this something that you need to do with the self hypnosis at the golf course before you leave the house? Where where do you put that? And what is the the what's the word I'm looking for there? You're practice, you're warm up?
Speaker 2: I got you. Yeah. It's funny to bring that up because I'm actually producing a pre round pep talk right now. It will be out, you know, this week, So it's about two minutes.
Speaker 1: So by the time that this podcast is, it'll.
Speaker 2: Be out long before the podcast airs is available.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it is available noway, And it's at golf coach Buddy dot com.
Speaker 2: Golf coachbuddy dot com, and it's the pre round pep Talk, and it's a little over two minutes, and it's very personalized because I'm I'm really particular about my brand and making connection with with people that like my brand, just just like your brand. So the pre round pep Talk is coming out and you can listen to it in your car on the way to the golf course. You can listen to it when you get there. Whatever works for you.
Speaker 1: Tell me a little more about.
Speaker 2: It, the pep Talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, what what are we trying to accomplish and how are you getting us there?
Speaker 2: Well? Uh, the idea of it is that people that are used to my work, they'll they'll make a connection with my voice so to help ground them. And then all the content that's particularly in the pep Talk is designed to have your head in the game. Put your game face on, get out there and be in the moment of golf and enjoy playing. You know, the beauty of the game. That's what it's all about. And get out there and crush it. And you know, if you get knocked down, you get back up right, So that's all.
Speaker 1: We stop beating? How do we start stop beating ourselves? There?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Fred, you got to be your own best friend on the golf course. You know, you talk about the mental game. Imagine for a moment if you hired a caddy, right, and you have a caddy, there's a stranger and and you hit a shot and it's it's god awful, right, and the caddie goes. Boy, you really suck. You know, you should take up basket weaving or something, right, and then you like wow, I can't believe you said that. And then after the next shot is like you miss the easy pott or like wow, way to go there, Alice, you know whatever? Yeah right, it gives you a bunch of grief and talks you know, surly right, you would never hire that caddy again if you went back this the same guys. No, no, no, no, no, I want somebody else. This guy's a jerk, right right, So why would you talk to yourself that way?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Abste And that's what we do anybody, if anybody, I mean, from what I've witnessed, if anyone's gonna yell at anyone, they're gonna yell at themselves like it just like everyone uses, you know, they slam themselves and use their own name. A great shot, Fred, you suck, Fred? Oh? You know it's like I try to avoid that at all costs. I try, you know, But when someone screams at himself on the course, I'll regularly say, don't talk to my friend that way.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah. Well so so when you use the hypnosisis I was mentioned earlier, and you reprogram your subconscious mind, then you're writing new programs that run, and those programs no longer run. You know. It's like for someone who's smokes cigarettes, right, they have all these cues that make them want to light a cigarette, you know, open a beer, get in the car, or whatever it is, right, Yeah, And when a person makes decides that they're not going to smoke anymore, all those cues are still there, right, the program's still running. There's a neural pathway blaze emblazoned in the brain that says, hey, every time you walk into a bar and order a beer, you light a cigarette. Right. Well, so unless you don't go into bars and order a beer anymore, you're still going to put yourself in a situation where you used to want to light a cigarette. Right, So now you have to new you have to have a new neural pathway in your brain for your brain to follow that serves you better, that's more healthy, that you extinguish the old one. By attrition, you come up with a new one that takes its place, see, and then you follow that new one there. And hypnosis makes it possible because how else are are we supposed to directly communicate with our subconscious mind. You would not believe how powerful the subconscious mind is. For example, someone who's afraid to fly, You put them on a big, giant sound forty seven, right, and and all of a sudden they have a panic attack, right, and like, oh, just calm down, it's all safe. You know this plane is you know, twenty years old, it's not going to crash, right, there's redundant systems, they got four engines, you know, the pilots. You give all the reasons in the world why it's safe. Right, But they're having an emotional response. I no, I'm panic attack. It's fight or flight. Their heart rates pumping, you know, their blood, there's fight or fight. The hormones are pumping, and they're having an attack and it's real in their mind, and chemically it's real, right, the neurochemically so. But it started in their mind. That's where its genesis is, that's where it lives. So when they think of getting on airplane, they're gonna have a panic attack, right, now to a lesser degree. That happens when you walk onto a putting green. You walk onto the green and you set up for let's say a lag put and you think, oh, I got this, and you're not get passed, and it rolls, you know, eleven feet by right, You're like, oh no, now now I'm gonna I'm not going to be able to make this pot. Now I'm in a three pot. Then you start feeling awful. Then your heart starts pumping, and then and then you know, you start feeling jacked up, and now you're a bundle of nerves, right, and if that happens, you probably are going to miss the putt, but now you know why. So with hypnosis, you can extinguish that behavior, just like quitting smoking, and put a new behavior in its place that that works better for you. And this is something you can make a conscious choice to do.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that. Let's talk about your your program play like the pros okay, and how people can get involved with it okay and get in touch.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'll tell you I waited a long time to bring out the program because I want to get the love, time and attention that it deserves, and I wanted to make it maximally effective. And I knew I'd only get one chance to impress people with getting results and offering one hundred percent money back satisfaction guarantee, So that doesn't deliver the goods, you know, it's not going to be a successful program. So I had all that in mind as I created it, and I spent about a year putting it together, and then I spent another year rewriting it, reworking it and optimizing it with the latest statistics about good strategy on the golf course. And so here's what I did. I created the Hypnosis Program, which is an MP three track. It's about twenty four minutes long. And then I created a companion program that's a PDF and it's about sixty pages long. And what the PDF does if you just sit and read it, and it talks about how hypnosis works, and it talks about the importance of the short game, and it talks about using good strategy around the golf course. So I'm setting you up. It's like an alley oop. Okay, I'm setting you up to have the thoughts in your conscious awareness to go, Yeah, you know now that I think about that is a good idea. I would like to be able to feel more relaxed when I step onto the putting green. So I accept the idea of that. Right. Then the hypnosis gives it to you. It puts it right into your subconscious mind when you're doing your self hypnosis. Okay. And so those come together with a welcome video that tells you how to use the program, how to do the hypnosis. And then there's also some bonus programs. Because I don't know about you, I love golf tips, right, so it's like, hey, what are they.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this show for twenty years. Yeah, I love golf tips.
Speaker 2: So if you think, what are the biggest scoring mistakes? For example, right, what are the best scoring tips? What's the best way to practice? These are things that could be really beneficial. But who's got the time to sit and read a mountain of books and everything? So I read the mountain of books and I created what I call Kent's Top Tens, kn's Top tens Scoring Mistakes, kn's Top tens Scoring Tips, and kn's Top ten practice Tips and kn's Top ten pre shot Routine. So these are all programs that come as a bonus and they come with the program. You get them for free. You can't buy them separately. They only bundle with the program. And the reason why they're there is to help you turbo charge your results that you get from the hypnosis. So altogether it's a great package. And normally I sell it on my website for ninety seven dollars, okay, but for being on your show today and I know you have a dedicated listeners and if they'd like to buy the program, I'm offering a twenty dollars discount with a discount code for golf Smarter. So if you go to my website golf Coachbuddy dot com, backslash pros it's easy to find on the website, but the page pros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, golf coachbuddy dot com.
Speaker 2: And put that in your cart, put in the coupon code golf Smarter, and you get twenty dollars off. So you get as an instant download and it would the total cost of seventy seven dollars. And here's the best part. You don't have to take my word for it. If it's going to work for you, you try it out to your heart's content. You go out play your heart out use the program, follow the program, and up to sixty days if you're not happy with it for any reason whatsoever, no questions asked, you just let me know and we'll give you all your money back, so there's really no risk.
Speaker 1: Very generous.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's really kind of you to offer the Golf Smarter community a very generous it's my way that probably should cost a lot more than that, but that's great.
Speaker 2: Well, it's my way of showing my appreciation for being on the show today and reaching your audience. Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Well, Ken, thank you so much for the education and the fascinating insights on another way to improve our game. I really appreciate your
Speaker 2: Time Fred to spend my pleasure, and I hope to see you again soon