Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty Wake Up Call with Me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App k Flye and KOST HD two Los Angeles and Orange.
Speaker 3: County and.
Speaker 4: Yours Amy.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is five o'clock straight up this Friday, November one.
Speaker 5: I'm Amy King.
Speaker 1: We made it to Friday. Thanks for getting your day started with us. Today it's another big one. We got a Dodgers parade coming up, we got four days until election Day.
Speaker 5: We got chili temperatures.
Speaker 1: Actually, I had to turn on the heat in my apartment yesterday for the first time since like March. Little bit shaky too. Hanging out yesterday afternoon. Felt the jolt? Did you feel it? It was only at two point nine. Normally we don't even report earthquakes if they don't hit a three. But it was centered in Pasadena, and I felt a jolt at my place, so just a little one.
Speaker 6: Also a Dia Delos mortess. So I watched Coco. So if you ever't watched Coco for a while, I highly recommend it. It's a really good show, very sweet, especially if you're not all that familiar with what Dia de les Mortos is not even sure I'm saying it right, but uh and it's Disney, so how can you go wrong with it?
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful story though. Here's what's ahead on this Friday morning wake up call. LA Mayor Bass has invited everyone to head to downtown LA for the Dodgers World Series victory Parade. It starts at eleven this morning outside La City Hall. The mayor and other official say anyone going should take public transportation. The celebration happens on what would have been Dodger's legend Fernando vellen Zuela's sixty fourth birthday. Residents of Mount Baldy have been putting sandbags and k rails outside their homes to get ready for what could be a devastating rainy season. There are a lot of concerns of mud and debris flows from the burn scar of the fire that burned more than fifty five thousand acres in the area over the summer. A storm is expected to roll through the area tomorrow evening. Daylight Saving Time ends at two am Sunday. That means an extra hour of sleep for people in forty eight of the fifty states. Only Hawaii and Arizona don't observe the change in time. California has been talking about ending the time change, but so far hasn't decided to make daylight Saving time permanent. At six o five, it's handled on the news. The Fed lowered interest rates, but mortgage rates have gone up for the fifth week in a row.
Speaker 5: It's up with that.
Speaker 1: Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour news room. More than one hundred thousand people are expected to head to downtown La this morning to celebrate the Dodgers World Series win over the New York Yankees. LAPD Commander Steve Lurie says the expectations are that it will be a safe, family friendly event. Lurie says, well, he foresees large crowds, he believes they will be peaceful. The Fire Department and Sheriff's Department will be unseene to help keep everyone safe. The parade again gets underway at eleven at La City Hall and will end near Fifth and FIGAROA Streets news brought to you by Ruder Hero. The La Metro driver whose bus was hijacked has been honored with a Heroism a Reward.
Speaker 7: One passenger was shot and killed when the bus was hijacked in September, but driver Dennis Contreras was able to keep control while at gunpoint, allowing some to escape and alerting bystanders to call police. He says those passengers safety was top of mind for him.
Speaker 5: For me, lives are super important. Have actually over everything material. It's what mattered the most to me.
Speaker 7: The Metro Board bestowed the award on Contreras yesterday. Lamont Campbell faces murder and other charges in connection with that hijacking in downtown La. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 1: Boeing is making a new offer to its thirty three thousand striking machinists who've stopped production of its jets. Alex Stone says if the machinist's agree to terms of the company's latest offer, the strike could end Monday.
Speaker 8: That's a day the workers will vote on it. The new offer would give them a thirty eight percent pay raise over four years and a twelve thousand dollars ratification bonus. The union is recommending members vote for it.
Speaker 5: He says.
Speaker 1: The main sticking point is the worker's pension, which was done away with ten years ago, something Boeing says is non negotiable. Actress Jennifer Lopez has campaigned with Vice President Harrison Nevada. Lopez told the crowd, they're the ones who are going to send the message that Nevada is Harris Country.
Speaker 9: Aamala Harris is running for the people who dream, for the parents working overtime, the kids studying by street light, the teenagers practicing in the basement.
Speaker 1: Lopez also said during the Yesterday that former President Trump's campaign offended every Latino in the US with his rally at Madison Square Garden on Sunday. She was referencing the comment made by a comedian who called Puerto Rico a floating island of garbage. Vice President Harris surrogate Mark Cuban is taking fire for comments he made on the view. The billionaire entrepreneur claimed that Donald Trump is never around strong, intelligent women. The Trump campaign called the words extremely insulting to the thousands of women who work for President Trump and women who are voting for him. The war of wards continues. Isn't it fun? Only four days left? Let's say good morning now to senior elections analyst with ABC News and five thirty eight, Jeffrey Scaley, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Jeffrey, Hey, good morning. So it's kind of hard.
Speaker 1: For us to admit this in California, but we're irrelevant in this election. But on the other side of the country, Pennsylvania, on the other hand, is arguably the most relevant state in the twenty twenty four presidential race.
Speaker 4: Tell us why, sure, Well, first, California is not irrelevant. It's very important actually to the Democrats' chances of winning. If you know, if Republicans won California, that would be a that'd be a huge event. But it is very important, very important in the House race as well, a lot of very important races for the US House representatives. But Pennsylvania and the presidential race is the most important state. In about one in four of our forecast simulations. Pennsylvania is the tipping point state, which is to say, the one that decides the election, or basically the state that gives the winner the magic two hundred and seventieth electual vote. So if you're sort of looking at the past the victory for both Kamala Harris and Donald Trump, for both of them, it's sort of like, well, if you win Pennsylvania, this gets a lot easier. So that's that's the big thing. In npoles, they are very close. Trump's up by about a half percentage point our polling average there, so it's very tight. A lot of polls showing a tied race in Pennsylvania, so it's very much on a knife edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting just watching all of the different polls. I just've been watching abc NN and Fox and everybody, and there it's just so close everywhere with if anybody is ahead, it's by like one point or maybe two points. But that's all within the margin of error, right.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the thing is that we have all this collective data that's just showing a very tight race, and so in a lot of cases the we could expect it to be a very close election. I do think it is worth remembering, however, that there always is some degree of polling error, and if there, you know, if it happens to be to tend to be in one direction. You know, for instance, we saw in twenty sixteen and twenty twenty polling air was sort of over stated Democrats. So Trump bit better than expected in both of those elections some extent. So it's a sort of Republican benefit from the air. In twenty twelve, Obama outperformed his polls, so the error was sort of in a Democratic direction. Depending on how it pans out this time, you know, if it's consistent in its direction, that could end up leaving one of the candidates to win by maybe a more comfortable margin than it looks like. Maybe they win most of the swing states and so then the electoral College at least the margin is greater than it looks right now. But it also could be one of these rare elections where things really do come down to like one state, and that is a rare occurrence two thousand and four, two thousand, of the only two times in the last one hundred years that an election has been decided basically because one state went one way two thousand. Obviously famously Florida two thousand and four, Ohio, if John Kerry had won and he actually would have won the election, so it's you know, we could be headed for a photo finish in that way.
Speaker 1: And in Pennsylvania, which is considered this this so important state, are we expecting to know what the outcome of the election is on election night or is it going to be a couple of weeks?
Speaker 4: So I think obviously twenty twenty is fresh on people's minds for many reasons, but the experience of the counting process and how long that took, and obviously so many people voting by mail in the middle of the pandemic. This time around, you know, I think you're not going to have as much male voting vote by mail in Pennsylvania, and as to t voting, because you can it's just easier go vote in person this time around. That said, more people will be using it maybe than they did in say twenty sixteen. So I think there is a chance that we could have an idea of what the outcome is on the on Tuesday night in Pennsylvania or very early Wednesday morning, I guess. But at the same time, if it's very tight, which you know, the pull suggests, yeah, it could be a while as they as they count a provisional votes, as they they may you know, go back over things. I mean, you could even have a recount situation. I mean, you can't rule any of that stuff out. So I don't think it's going to be quite twenty twenty, but I do think there's good reasons. I think we won't know the winner necessarily on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Night, and has polling changed, Jeffrey to try to accommodate for how far off they were, like in twenty sixteen and even in twenty twenty, are they changing who they contact or the questions they ask or do you just kind of say we're doing our best.
Speaker 4: Well, there's certainly been a lot of changes made by polsters. You know, it's interesting, actually the error that they saw in twenty sixteen was a little different from the error they saw in twenty twenty, and so you know, in twenty sixteen, there were sort of late deciders were a big part of it. In twenty twenty, though, there was a clear sort of missing Trump supporters, and not because they're shy, which is a common misconception, but just because of the nature of who was more likely respond to polls at that particular time, and there was Trump supporters were just notably consistently less likely across a number of different groups, and that ended up impacting the polling numbers this time around. You know, polsters are just basically trying to do a better job of getting a really good sample to start with, and that just has involved a number of changes to their methodology, how they recruit people or panel samples for example, for things like what the CNN uses with the SSRs. So it's it's I mean, it's kind of an ongoing struggle, right, but the Polsters, in my opinion at least, have made have made a concerted effort to try to improve their sampling techniques in order to sort of have a better starting place before they start waiting, so that the sample looks more like the country as a whole.
Speaker 5: Well, and we'll know in just a few days whether they were successful.
Speaker 4: Right, exactly exactly. I mean, look, there's always some polling error that's inevitable, but it's a question of how much.
Speaker 5: And in what direction, and we'll be watching it.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Skelley with ABC News and five point thirty eight, thank you so much for your information.
Speaker 5: We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get.
Speaker 1: Back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Lawyers say a culture of hazing at Santa Margarita Catholic High School has promoted the sexual assault of multiple players.
Speaker 2: The joc Sheriff says fifteen players were interviewed, but only one claimed sex assaultant Based on the evidence, the investigation was moved from sexual.
Speaker 5: Assault to assault and battery.
Speaker 2: Lawyer Jimma Dunn says the school and coaches should put student safety over winning.
Speaker 9: My client was held down, his genitals were grabbed repeatedly by multiple students, and only his genitals.
Speaker 5: They weren't punching his stomach. They weren't grabbing it as legs. They didn't punch him in the face.
Speaker 2: The head coach was placed on leave after the attack. Last month, the family declined to press charges. The Diocese of Orange says an outside firm is investigating in Orange County. Corbin Carson KFI.
Speaker 1: News, a man in Washington State who authorities had killed at least one hundred and eighteen eagles as part of a wildlife trafficking ring on a Native American regiservation in Montana, has been sentenced to nearly four years in prison and find almost eight hundred thousand dollars. Prosecutors say the trafficking rings sold eagle feathers and parts on a black market to tribal members who use them in pow wows and other ceremonies. It is illegal to buy or sell eagle feathers or other parts of the bird. A man in New York is pleading with state officials to return his pets squirrel that was seized during a raid. Peanut is a rescued squirrel with hundreds of thousands of followers across his multiple social media platforms.
Speaker 10: Take Peanut away from my family is not only heart wrenching, but then you take it away from the organization that solely gets its funding from social media that requires Peanut to get that funding.
Speaker 1: Owner Mark Longo says he runs a sanctuary that houses horses, goats, and alpacas. Peanut was taken by the state Department of Environmental Conservation on Wednesday over concerns that the squirrel.
Speaker 5: Could carry rabies.
Speaker 1: When we come back, trying to think of anything to say about that, but come on, give Peanut a break. Former Orange County supervisor Andrew Doe has pleaded guilty to a federal bribery charge. He admitted that in twenty twenty he accepted more than five hundred and fifty thousand dollars in bribes to secure funding for a nonprofit where his daughter worked. He's facing up to five years in prison and has agreed to forfeit a portion of his county pension and must pay two hundred fifty thousand dollars in fines as many is eighteen football players at Santa Margarita Catholic High School are being investigated for alleged sexual assault. A student has sued the school and the Diocese of Orange, claiming he was sexually assaulted last month. Eight other players say they too were assaulted by teammates. One of the main roads into Big Bear is going to be closed until early December because of damage from the Big wildfire that burned in the San Bernardino Mountains in September. The closure of Highway three thirty runs from Highland Avenue to Live Oak Drive. Travelers are being advised to use Highway thirty eight from Redlands or Highway eighteen from Lucerne Valley as alternates. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Jim Ryan. Jim, almost all Americans are going to change this weekend. We spring this, we spring forward, and then we fall back.
Speaker 11: Yes, and we're falling back now fall back? And where are they not changing the clots.
Speaker 1: The clocks Arizona and Hawaii Boom. You win the price only because I just did a story about it about twenty seconds ago.
Speaker 11: Oh right, So Yeah, the clocks change back, and in most cases, obviously they change themselves back, don't they. Your Apple watch, your Samsung, you watch, whatever, you're android, They're all going to change themselves. There may be a clock or two around the house that you have to go over and change and pull back an hour. But yeah, that's only part of it. Changing your sleep schedule a bit. You know you're going to gain an hour of sleep potentially, but you're really the best advice from doctors is that you need to adjust your sleep schedule to match what you're seeing on the clock. Right, because your schedule, your get to work schedule is the same, You're going to bed schedule should be about the same, and so it's best to adjust yourself to match what's going on around you, including the time change. So you know, get to bed half an hour earlier tonight if you can, and then maybe half an hour earlier than that Tomorrow night. Yes, it's Friday and Saturday, but by the time Saturday night Sunday morning at two o'clock comes around, your body should be used to it.
Speaker 1: And falling back is usually easier easier than springing forward.
Speaker 11: Correct, Yeah, I mean springing forward. You're losing an hour of sleep, and if you're already sleep deprived, that can be a major problem.
Speaker 5: But the is and who of us isn't right?
Speaker 11: I know exactly, that's a big problem. And also your internal body clock knows what time it is. Anyway, this morning, you know, I woke up at two forty two and I said to myself, you know what, my clock's going to go My arm's going to go off in three minutes. I looked at my watch. Sure enough it was about to go off. That internal clock. Who's what time it is?
Speaker 1: I do the same thing, I because I get up at two thirty and I think it was two twenty four this morning.
Speaker 5: I opened my eyes and went, what time is it? It's almost that, It's almost that time.
Speaker 11: And you look forward to it. Don't you come bounding out of bed and say, let's face another day.
Speaker 5: No, I'm like, leave me alone in six more minutes.
Speaker 11: These are hours can't be good for people, can they? Two thirty in the morning, two forty five in the morning getting up? And yeah, you know who says? Anyway, But so getting to bed a little earlier tonight and tomorrow night should help your body to adjust. Try to get some daylight in your life, you know, because we're going to be missing that not only pulling the clouds back, but wintertime means that the days are getting older anyway, So the advice from doctors is to prioritize solar exposure, get some sun, get some vitamin billion exposure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like that.
Speaker 1: Just just go sit out on the patio for ten minutes and have your morning coffee.
Speaker 11: Nice right, that sounds pleasant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So adjust your schedule now so we're ready for it for the weekend. And if you don't, I mean it's only an hour, but it can be dangerous to your health.
Speaker 11: Well, it can be, you know. Again, it's potentially more dangerous in the springtime. That's when we see after the time change, when we spring forward, more car accidents and heart attacks and other health issues related to the time change itself. But yeah, there are potential side effects. But trying to maintain your eating schedule, getting some exercise. Everybody should be doing that anyway. Interestingly, yeah, there was a Moment University poll that came out a couple of years ago, and it found that sixteen sixty one percent of Americans would do away with the twice a year time change if they could, Well.
Speaker 1: California keeps talking about it, but we don't do it, And I just I also was watching on TV this morning where they said that nationally they've been trying to get rid of it.
Speaker 5: What's the big deal. I don't understand what the big deal is.
Speaker 11: Well, it comes up in Congress every session essentially, I think somebody brings it up and says, you know what, let's go ahead and do away with the time change. And they debate and they argue, and they move on to other priorities. It's kind of low priority anyway, I think for a lot of folks, and then they, you know, they drop it, and we go back to changing the clocks forward and back twice a year. So it just it never gets very far. Legislative efforts to try to change the time change.
Speaker 5: Well, then I think we just need to quit complaining about it. If nobody's going to do anything that.
Speaker 11: Yourself ready and prepare for the time change.
Speaker 5: Okay, guess I'm going to go to bed at six o'clock tonight. Good for you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'm not okay Friday exactly, Jim Ryan, thank you so much. Hope you had a g great Halloween.
Speaker 11: Yeah you too, see Amy, all right.
Speaker 1: Drivers in LA are going to be getting warnings for the next sixty days if they park in bus only lanes and zones. Metro has installed cameras in fifty buses along lines seven twenty and two twelve, which service Wilshire Boulevard and Labria Avenue. After six sixty days, there will no longer be warnings, but citations will be issued for bus line of bus lane violations, and they start at almost three hundred dollars. The Vincent Thomas Bridge over the La Harbor is going to be shutting down for more than a year.
Speaker 12: The bridge is deteriorating and needs critical deck repairs. Longshoreman James Gillish says it would be a good idea to have truckers go through Terminal Island using the seven ten freeway once repairs start.
Speaker 11: That we would alleviate alleviate a lot of pollution in our residential areas.
Speaker 12: Once construction starts in late twenty twenty five or early twenty twenty six, the entire bridge will shut down to replace the bridge deck and its seismic sensors. Councilman Tim McK oscar says the sixteen month project could create a harbor geddon disrupting commerce in San Pedro.
Speaker 5: Chris Adler kf I News a harbor geddon Get it Okay.
Speaker 1: House subcommittees accused former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo of making criminally false statements about the state's COVID nineteen response. Cuomo has denied being involved in the drafting or editing of a report on New York's nursing home deaths, but his handwriting is apparently in the margins of a draft report. Fifteen thousand nursing home residents died after Cuomo issued a directive that initially required nursing homes to readmit recovering COVID patients to help hospitals that were being overwhelmed. In Spain, dangerous and deadly floodwaters have washed through coastal communities. ABC's James Longman says there are apocalyptic scenes.
Speaker 13: One year's worth of rain fell here in just eight hours, leading people little time to escape. Teams in helicopters scanning the city for any signs of survivors conducting hundreds of rescues.
Speaker 1: Officials in Spain say at least two hundred five people have been killed in the flash floods, and the death toll could go higher. A new poll shows nearly half of gen Z voters say they've lied about their political preferences to people close to them. The survey by market research and analytics company The Harris Poll finds that gen Zers are more sent to perceived social pressure and judgment from friends or family. The survey also finds twenty seven percent of Democrats, twenty four percent of Republicans, and twenty percent of independent voters say they've lied about who they're voting for.
Speaker 5: That's my friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are the Dodgers, our world champions. Join us this morning starting at nine thirty for coverage of the championship celebration on AM five seventy LA Sports and in HD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy LA Sports presented by yamavav So excited for the boys in Blue.
Speaker 14: Dear, Dear, lous mort this is underway today, talk segfire.
Speaker 1: In honor of that I watched Coco yesterday, Such.
Speaker 5: A fun movie.
Speaker 1: Here's what we're falling in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. The Dodgers will ride in double decker buses through the streets of downtown LA to celebrate their World Series win. The parade starts at eleven in front of LA City Hall. There's a fans celebration at Dodgers Stadium after the parade. It's sold out. Though the Dodgers won Game five of the World Series seven to six to win the series four games to one. Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln says he expects North Korean soldiers in Russia to begin combat operations against Ukrainian forces in the coming days. Eight thousand troops have been deployed to Ukraine's border. Blincoln says Russia is turning to North Korean troops because it is desperate. Mating season four tarantulas has arrived in California. The big furry spiders typically come out of their dens to mate between September and November. The tarantulas are being seen in the deserts, the mountains, and along the central coast. Even though they look scary, an entomology lecturer says they are not a danger to people, so five it's handle on the news. Stenographers at the White House are not happy with the White House press team. They say that the team altered the President's officials transcript over that garbage comment at five point fifty. Digging into Martha Stewart's life, We've got ABC's entertainment reporter Willgann standing by to tell us all about that. Also standing by the host of Home on KFI. It's Dean Sharp. Good morning, Dean here.
Speaker 5: I am. You are, you are, and you're you're a detail free, aren't you.
Speaker 15: Yes, I am.
Speaker 5: And that's a good thing we all need to be.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well, probably not in every area of life, but when it comes to trying to alter your home and make the biggest transformation possible. I usually get on people to get more tuned into the details because it's not only is it almost universally the sign of a really really great design. In other words, when you you know, you walk into a place, let's think you walk into a hotel, right, and it's just all the little things. It's all the little things that really send you over the top. But the other reason details are so great is because details are usually like the least expensive thing that you can do to your home, and if you do enough layers of them, they really haven't been a big impact on everybody's vibe in your home without having a big impact on your wallet exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're going to be talking about this this weekend during your show from six to eight on Saturday, nine to noon on Sunday.
Speaker 5: So we want to just touch on a couple of the details.
Speaker 1: One, when you're doing some upgrading and remodeling, you tend to do the big things, but you said that since the details matter, you've got to remember to do the little things too, Like that you say are utilitarian fixtures.
Speaker 15: Yeah, okay, so people obsess over lights lamps that they're going to buy things like that, but we forget about things like switches and lamp cords and electrical outlets, and people are like, wait, now, I'm not talking about the ones that you don't see, the ones that are behind furniture, but the ones that are out in the open. This is an opportunity. It's an opportunity to take your style, whatever it is you're going for in the house and just push it one more little bit. There are so many, for instance, electrical outlet outlet and switchblade covers out there, styles of them that just send the story over the top. Our house is, you know, a perfect example. We've got this little early nineteen twenties vibe going on inside our home. And so when we did our last remodel here, we changed out almost all of the electrical switches, especially the most important ones to push button switches, the kind of old world you know, buttons that click on and off with a little mother of in the center.
Speaker 5: Of the button.
Speaker 15: Nothing new, I say push button. You're like, oh, that sounds very advanced. Now I'm talking about the old, old style. But there are companies that make brand new You don't have to go buy a hundred year old electrical switch and you know, worry about it burning out or something. There are companies that make brand new, cutting edge code approve dimmable electrical switches that look like they came out of one hundred year old house and they're brand new, and it's what five ten dollars more than a regular electrical switch. But in the end, what it does that makes this impact because as people reach to just turn on the light in the room, they think, oh my gosh, every detail of this home is going in this direction. It just feels wonderful. And that's what I'm talking about. That kind of thing. Lamps, same thing. If you've got a lamp in which the cord is going to be exposed, it's laying on the floor, or it's visible in the room somehow. Then consider what the cord looks like the lamp. But you know, instead of having a cheesy, regular old plastic cord, you can get cloth covered cords. You can get cloth sheaths to cover that cord. So that I hate is vibing? Yeah, I do too, I'm I you know, And I don't mind a cord being exposed as long as it's carrying on the story of the house.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the story is important, the details are important. And then uh, we're also you're not only talking about remodeling in the house, but also the details of decorating your house.
Speaker 5: And I love this and I totally agree with you.
Speaker 1: You say no props, no props in your house, and I firmly believe this. Like when I have pictures that hang around the apartment, they have to mean something. There's got to be a reason for one, not just because it's a cool piece of art. It has to have some sort of connection to me.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And you know, there was a time in my career when I was insecure enough as a designer, or when when you know, one of our wealthier clients would say, well, I want you to build us a library, and I'm like, all right, show me the books. And they're like, well, we don't have that many books, but you're gonna get us books and then we'll have a library. And I would have and I just nodded and said, okay, yeah, And I believe me, I've built some amazing libraries. Now now that i've you know, for a long time, have come into my own, I'll just look at a client and say, if you've got books, I'll build a library around your books. But they've got to be your books, your book And I strongly believe in that. I don't want you to waste time in your home trying to be something, to show something somebody else, something that you're not. No props. Every item on display in your home should have meaning. No books that you can't pick up and talk about. Don't display anything that doesn't have a story behind it. Here's one of the best quotes ever given in the design world, and it's this by William Morris, a very famous famous text designer in the late eighteen hundreds. Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. Period.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 15: That's how you make the decision of what stays and what goes.
Speaker 5: I love that. Okay, great.
Speaker 1: So for more useful and beautiful information, be sure to tune into Home with Dean Sharp this weekend from six to eight am on Saturday and from nine to noon on Sunday. You can also follow him at Home with Dean.
Speaker 15: I love these tips, Thank you, Amy, thank you, and I like how you tied that in for useful and beautiful interview.
Speaker 8: He'll be here.
Speaker 5: It's in the details, Dean. It's all in the details. Thank you, Dean.
Speaker 3: Thanks Amy.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Metro is offering transit options ahead of the Dodgers World Series parade.
Speaker 5: The celebration starts at.
Speaker 1: Eleven at Gloria Molina Grand Park that's in front of La City Hall. Metro says people trying to get downtown should use Metro rail instead of the bus and avoid driving into the area. People can plan ahead with the Metro app or website. The Dodger Stadium Express is also going to be running from Union Stration Union station up to Dodger Stadium for that ticket celebration, which is sold out. Mounting costs from lawsuit settlements has LA looking at borrowing money.
Speaker 7: The city's rocky financial status has come about by lower than expected revenues and much higher costs from settling lawsuits. City administrator Matt Zeebo says LA may have to seek judgment bonds in order to cover its already exhausted legal fund.
Speaker 4: This is not something that we would do on a year over year basis.
Speaker 11: This would be short term depth.
Speaker 13: We would pay off as soon as we could.
Speaker 7: Zabo says further, the city will have to keep its hiring focus solely on critical roles and that city departments will have to dig around for any extra money in their budgets in order to get the city back on track financially.
Speaker 4: In downtown La.
Speaker 5: Michael Monks KFI.
Speaker 1: News, Vice President Harrison former President Trump are offering voters very different approaches to the economy in the final days of the election campaign, ABC the Shulzi says, each candidate has a main focus they hope will appeal to voters.
Speaker 16: The former president really wants to extend those tax cuts. There's kind of his signature legislative accomplishment is first term lower tax rates for companies and for individuals and small businesses. Those tax cuts actually expire next year, so no matter who becomes president's going to be a big debate in Congress. And Vice President Harris has put forward policies that would kind of dramatically expand the government's role in trying to make housing more affordable. She also wants to give a tax credit for first time home buyers twenty five thousand dollars in down payment assistance.
Speaker 1: She says a lot of polls show the economy and cost of living are among the leading issues that could sway voters one way or the other.
Speaker 5: Of course, election day just four days away.
Speaker 1: Drivers in La are getting a sixty day warning period starting today as Metro cracks down on vehicles parking in Metro bus only lanes and zones. After the sixty day warning period, people parking in those bus only spaces will be fine almost three hundred dollars. The presidential candidates are hitting the swing states with four days left until election day. Vice President Harris and former President Trump held rallies in Arizona and Nevada yesterday. Trump also campaigned in New Mexico, buying for the Hispanic vote. Even though New Mexico is a blue state, Trump officials claim there is momentum in the entire region. Governor Newsom has announced a new initiative to get people who used to be in prison into permanent housing. The federally funded program would provide grants to help create long term housing and services for ex cons. The Governor's offices, people who've been in prison are ten times more likely to become homeless. Let's say good morning now to ABC's entertainment guy, Willgans.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Well, good morning, Amy, the entertainment guy. I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think I saw Martha Stewart at the World Series. But that's not the only place you're going to be seeing her.
Speaker 3: No, she is having a moment in the spotlight again. This week. There's a brand new documentary out on Netflix. It's called Martha, and it is really like an incredible behind the scenes look at her from her childhood to her days as a model, to her days as a finance person. Uh, and then of course to what we sort of know her as now, which is, you know, the guru of all things domestic And yeah, it definitely gets into her infamous fall from Grace, and you know, she has had a lot to say about this. She gave a lot of access and now she has some stronger opinions that she's sort of like, well, I don't really love the last scenes of the movie or you know, so it's a really interesting and I think, honest, look at you know, one of the most famous women in America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and is does Snoop make an appearance in it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know he does, Yes, he does.
Speaker 5: Friendship is so interesting.
Speaker 3: But you know they talk about how that was sort of like very strategic and really helped rehabilitate her image after her time in prison. So you know, it looks at all of that stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, and where is that on on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Netflix? Yes?
Speaker 5: And it's just it's a movie, so it's not a series exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just one and done. So it's you know, under two hours and done.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, speaking of a good one and done.
Speaker 1: We we talked about it on a feature on Amy's on It this week that the Women of the or Woman of the Hour that you talked about last week.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, creepy.
Speaker 3: Creepy and just like good, really eye opening look at, Like, you know, some of these serial killers were not geniuses that you know, did a whole bunch of crazy maneuvering to get around. It's just that there were so many obstacles in place for these women to be believed and listened to. So, you know, I think it's like a pretty incredible you know, look at you know a lot of those serial killers at the time that were sort of getting away with things simply because you know, the odds were stacked against the women who were reporting them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, if you haven't seen it, Woman of the Hour, very unsettling and unnerving, but really interesting and good and based on a true story too.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Another good one out this week and this is available to stream now. I saw it in theaters a couple of weeks ago. It's called Lee, and it's about one of the first female war correspondents. She took photos for Vogue during World War Two. It's now out on Amazon and Kate Winslet plays the lead character. She plays Lee. But the thing that I didn't realize is like, and they kind of reveal this to you at the end credits, Like so many of the scenes in the movie as you watch them are like shot for shot recreations of some of the photos that she took. So it sort of gives you the backstory of, like, you know this photo, and here's how it came to be, and like even if you don't know the photo, just kind of keep that in the back of your mind as you're watching the movie. It's like, you know, pretty remarkable how they were able to really recreate some of these iconic images from World War Two.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so that was just in movie theaters and it's already stream.
Speaker 5: Is it a good movie?
Speaker 3: It's yes, it's good. And if you like historical sort of genre films like that, then yes, you'll like this one. It's you know, it's it's pretty remarkable how you know journalists back then had to operate, and in particular female journalists.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always think stuff related to World War Two is so fascinating. Okay, So Kono loves only Murders in the Building. It's on my list to be my next big binge. So what's the update on that?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I could talk. I could fill up the next hour and a half of your airtime with my recommendations of why to watch only murders. Acting okay, perfect, perfect, Thanks for keeping me on track. The acting is incredible and season four just wrapped up, so if you are a person that doesn't like waiting for the episodes to come out, you can now watch all of season four streaming on Hulu. It's just it's so great, so funny that you.
Speaker 1: Know what, Cono says, almost the exact same thing. He's like, it's like one of the best shows ever and loves it. And I tried to watch it initially and I am getting into it now and going, oh, yeah, this is this is kind of good.
Speaker 5: So it's my next big binch.
Speaker 3: Good Steve Martin and Martin Short are just operating on a whole nother level.
Speaker 4: They're just so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's I mean, it's about murder, but it's fun, and I think we need fun, especially when there's movies like Woman of the Hour out there that's just going.
Speaker 5: To creep it out. Yeah, this is a clean yeah exactly. ABC's willgains. Thank you so much. We've got stuff on our listen now to watch.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it all right, Thanks Amy, take care.
Speaker 5: All right you too.
Speaker 1: A victory parade just hours away for the la Dodgers. They, of course, won their eighth World Series on Wednesday night, beating the Yankees in Game five. About one hundred thousand baseball fans across the state are going to be cheering again as the players travel through downtown LA on double decker buses. The Mayor's going to kick off the parade in front of City Hall. It'll be followed by a special event at Dodger Stadium. Tickets for that one are already sold out. A Canadian citizen who lives in Fullerton has been charged with the legally voting in the twenty sixteen primary and general elections.
Speaker 2: The four felonies filed against Robert Sutar include perjury, violating election code and voter registration fraud. Orange Guy a DA spokeswoman Kimberly Ed says the seventy six year old is a permanent resident but not a US citizen.
Speaker 17: People registering to vote must sign an affidavit under penalty of perjury that they are in fact a US citizen, but the Orange County Register our Voters does not independently verify they are a US citizen.
Speaker 2: It says, so far, there's no evidence Sutar voted in other elections. A tip to the OCDA election fraud hotline led to the arrest. The guy faces six years in prison in Fullerton. Corb Ben Carson, KFI News.
Speaker 1: Anaheim, Riverside, and the operator of the Riverside Convention Center have all agreed to pay fifty thousand dollars each to settle a lawsuit filed by representatives Matt Gates and Marjorie Taylor Green. The representatives had rallies scheduled at the convention center in twenty twenty one, but they were canceled by the convention center's operators. Gates and Green filed their lawsuit last year. Gates says he will return to California to hold a rally as planned. White House press officials have reportedly altered the official transcript of a call in which President Biden called supporters of former President Trump garbage. ABC's Perry russms Is. The White House altered Biden's comment on Tuesday, despite the stenographer's concerns.
Speaker 13: A White House official overnight insisting the transcript was accurate and that Biden was addressing the hateful rhetoric from the comedian at Trump's Madison Square Garden rally.
Speaker 1: The transcript released showed the word supporters with an apostrophe s, making it look like Biden was only referencing the comedian rather than millions of Trump supporters. The Stenographer's office calls the change a breach of protocol looking for a good job. The top five states that are most attractive for employment in twenty twenty five are New Hampshire, Vermont, Minnesota, Massachusetts, and North Dakota. The wallet hub study ranked the fifty states on things like employment growth, median annual income, average commute times, and worker protections. This is KFI and kost HD two Los Angeles, Orange County live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom for producer and and technical producer Kno and also traffic specialist Nick.
Speaker 5: I'm Amy King.
Speaker 1: This has been your wake up call, and if you missed any wake up call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me, Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.