Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. What a great time to be an American, right, What a great time to be live. I'm telling Ryan, I love to laugh. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard starry. The the I called State of the Union the President's addressed to Congress last night. And it was interesting because Amy had a good lifelong friend Dover, so they're up on a different floor. I'm down in the cave. I'm watching this thing when I do some trial prep, and and you know, I just I just couldn't help it. I just start bollowing, laughing, I mean like five, six, seven times, and finally she had to check, Hey, you okay, everything okay down there. I'm not sure she would have laughed as hard as I did, but it really was one of the great speeches of all time. And yeah, listen, we're going to talk about lawless Mike up on the hills, spinning his web of to see and all that good stuff, and we have a lot of good sound. But this speech last night, I think, britt youume nailed it.
Speaker 2: This was the most boisterous, the longest, the most partisan speech I've ever heard of president, given this kind of setting, and I go back about maybe fifty years on this. I also think it may have been the most effective. I mean, if you ever doubt it that Donald Trump is the colossus, the political colossus of our time and our nation, this night and this speech should have put that to rest. So the Democrats seemed to be falling into trap after trap after trap as he recognized the people and celebrated the people he pointed to in the gallery and their stories, while the Democrats sat blumly on their hands through all of that.
Speaker 1: It was a terrible look.
Speaker 2: Al Green's attempt to disrupt the speech was a bad look for the Democrats. This was I think, politically speaking, this was pretty powerful stuff, as powerful as I think.
Speaker 1: I've heard, oh and maybe the best I've ever seen him. Right, And and then the Democrat contrast to me, even even Michael Steele and how sorry he's become. Even Michael Steele on MSNBC called him out.
Speaker 3: Michael, when they hold.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I just look at the bingo signs were killing me.
Speaker 4: I don't know who thought up the bingo size, but they should be fined, Michael.
Speaker 5: This is an indictment, in my opinion, on the Democratic leadership.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you didn't see it, you know the Democrats sitting there. First, a lot didn't even show up, so they just looked so puny over there. And then they had these weird little bingo signs or like paddles you'll hold up at a charity fundraiser, and then they put this goofy stuff like musk lies and things like that. They looked so ridiculous. But then Ryan, when they don't stand for the thirteen year old boy thirty and cute so old thirteen year old boy ever battling cancer wearing a police officers uniform made an honorary Secret Service member of the Secret Service, and the Democrats wouldn't even stand for him, and it just made the Democrats look so bad. And then there were lots of other examples right of how they look stupid sitting there when all of these very noble, worthy people were being honored. But this is what we've talked about, right, this is the double barrel. That's so critical for the future of America because we've got Trump now and he's going to have a great presidency as he did the first time, but then he's gone. He only gets two terms. So what's so critical now is is not just that Trump succeed, but that the left be exposed and that the left lose a lot of ground. And that's been happening, right, and Trump's good at making that happen. And Democrats last night, that was one giant me kao for the Democrats last night, right. I mean, Trump was going to do his Trump thing and he was going to be great. But the Democrats it's like they just kept punching themselves in the face.
Speaker 4: Like I said earlier, Dan, I don't know that this could have gone better for President Trump, and I don't know that it could have gone worse for the Democrats and how they came out of this. Even John Fetterman, who usually speaks truth to his own party, was slamming them for their lack of decorum, for their behavior during this. It was Algreen at the very beginning disrupting the entire proceeding. You couldn't hear what he was doing, so it wasn't even effective if he was trying to make it be effective. You had other Democrats dressed in pink after voting down the Protection of Girls and Women's Sports Act, that was ironic. Then you had the signs being held up which were stupid. They're mean generators. Stephen Colbert even made fun of those, and you heard Michael Steele and Simone Sanders slamming.
Speaker 1: Them for that.
Speaker 4: They have a scattershot approach. Everything Trump is bad. You mentioned DJ just what a wonderful young man he was, and there were two moments, Dan that had me tearing up.
Speaker 6: You were laughing and I.
Speaker 1: Was laughing too too.
Speaker 4: When DJ, he was so legitimately shocked to be given this honor, he hugs Sean Current, the Secret Service Director. And then after that, Dan, they honor the subsequent young man who was being admitted to West Point, and DJ came over and gave him ahab.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was all so great. It was so well done on the Republican side, so awful on the dem side, and we have so much great sound of that. So Texter Dan, the Democrats came off as petulant children refusing to leave the toy isle and the Democrats had to know as they sat there how much harm they were doing to themselves. Because listen, a big problem they have is they're losing people of color, not all, but some. And you know, once that starts, once people, you know, start shifting away from traditional voting blocks, Democrats are going to lose more and more. Right because at this point, the Democrats when it comes to folks of color, and you know, for the most part, they're getting those votes not on merit but on habit and also on suspicion of the GOP. But but you can take any voting block you want. It can be Catholics, it can be Irish, it can be black, it can be Latino. Once more people shift from that voting block to the GOP, it becomes easier for other folks to and since there's no good reason to stay with the Democrats. But last night, my lord, when you've got this child and listen to this. If you didn't hear it, you want to If you did, you want to hear it again. This child happens to be black. Couldn't matter what color the child was, the story's still going to be so compelling. But he happens to be black, and he's up there with his father, who obviously is African American, and the fact that Democrats wouldn't stand for this.
Speaker 7: Kid tonight, as a young man who truly loves our police, his name is DJ. Daniel is thirteen years old and he has always dreamed of becoming a police officer. So in twenty eighteen, DJ was diagnosed with brain cancer. The doctors gave him five months at most to live.
Speaker 1: That was more than six years ago.
Speaker 7: Since that time, DJ and his dad have been on request to make his dream come true. And DJ has been sworn in as an honorary law enforcement officer actually a number of times. And tonight, DJ, We're going to do you the biggest honor of them all. I am asking our new Secret Service Director, Sean Kerran to officially make you an agent of the United States Secret Service.
Speaker 1: And yeah this song Kurrent comes in and he hands DJ that the Secret Service credentials and these are flip open rather than a badge, you know how, you flip it open like FBI does. And then they hold DJ up and he flips it open. And then his ryan was seen and DJ initiated this. He said something to Kerrn and then he hugged him, just grabbed him around the I mean it was so powerful. And the Democrats just sitting there like bitter beer face. Remember there was a keystone bitter beer face there was. Yeah, just sitting there with bitter beer face. Oh there was so much of that list. But do we have time for this? I'm glad we do because some of my favorite, absolute favorite lines in there. And we'll get back to how the left then tried to spin this DJ thing, which again, please keep talking dirty like that. It just makes it better for us. And in that first term.
Speaker 7: We set records on ending unnecessary rules and regulations like no other president had done before. We ordered all federal workers to return to the office. They will either show up for work in person or be removed from the job.
Speaker 1: He's getting it of that stuff.
Speaker 7: We've ended weaponized government, where as an example, a sitting president is allowed to viciously prosecute his political opponent, like me, How did.
Speaker 1: That work out?
Speaker 4: What's the greatest bad to be the greatest line in the art?
Speaker 1: And our study was looking right at that right side, is all right? The Democrats? How did that work out? Yeah? How did that work? And what are we going to have twenty million memes with how did that work out? That? That is so cool? And then when we come back, my second favorite at least line of the night. So we'll continue to play a lot of sound from last night because it was historic, it was funny, it was moving, and then that ties into, of course, then what happened on the hill today where you have these Democrats sanctuary city mayors come up, including lawless Mike Johnston from Denver and Lauren Bolber Congress from Bolber to question him, among others, will be with us at four thirty six and we'll start to play some sound from that. I think it went as I predicted it would, but there are some moments I think you'll really enjoy hearing. And then really the profound question, which is how does anybody ever get to the point and why do they get to the point where clearly, and this was clear with all of them in Johnston in particular, their priority, they're absolute to the death priority is protecting folks here illegally who have committed other crimes, and they put those folks on a pedestal ahead of everybody else, ahead of all people here legally, ahead of all people here illegally not committing other crimes. Their holy grail is protecting folks here illegally who've committed other crimes. How does the person ever get to that point in their life and why do you think they're doing it? You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean the X I love you. You guys were blaming George W. Bush in year eight. But you know something that we learned something from that. Jenny's is so good. And the only reason I played that is there's a lot of talk with Scott Jennings, you know, that conservative on CNN, who I think is the best we've ever seen at this and a lot of talking to him taking Mitchell mco little seat in the US Senate. Since Jennings, I guess is from Kentucky, Ryan, I think we're looking at a future presidential contender there in Jennings. Wow, he is so good. He is so good, he's so likable, he's so good on the substance he is yet agree. Yeah, No, I'm liking that we're mixing in text as well. Congressome Bobert at four thirty six, she was part of questioning lawless Mike Johnston on the Hill today on Sanctuary City. We'll get to that Dan. That one dem look like an old vulture. It was fitting. Yeah, I tried to snap a picture of her, but again I'm doing some trial preps. I did in my camera. My end. Who's do you know who he's talking about? Right? Or she's talking about the one that looks like the wicked witch of the West. I wouldn't put any negative spin on it. She looks completely unique. Rosa de Laurel, Rosa Delauo. Yeah, but I would be very happy for her to be the face of the Democratic Party. But I guess I wouldn't be because I think it's I think it's the Democrat who decided he was going to turn us into some kind of banana Republic at the beginning of this thing, when he got up there and he was just going to take over, right, he stood right in front of Trump obviously planned screaming at Trump. And so this is just not America. This is just not America. Whether it's a Democrat up there, given the state of the Union and a Republican who stands in front, remember the way that Lauren Bolbert will be with us at four thirty six, got villified for shouting something out from back in the stands in defense of our heroes who were killed at Abbey's Gate, and she got vilified for that. Could you imagine if she had done what this Democrat didn't come and stand right down in front of Trump and just not let the thing proceed, or right down in front of Biden and not let the thing proceed. Representative al Green. He was then run out of Congress.
Speaker 4: Well, he was censured, for what it's worth, in a party line vote earlier today, by like two votes.
Speaker 6: So that's another thing.
Speaker 4: Though the Democrats wouldn't even censure their own jerk who behaved.
Speaker 1: Like a moron.
Speaker 6: And I think a lot John Fetterman's.
Speaker 4: Called this out. And I saw Joe A. Goose Stan sitting right behind al Green when that was happening, and he wanted to be anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Oh, but he missed an opportunity. Ryan, my lord, he's probably kicking himself. He's probably got his staff kicking him. He's probably got peep on the street kicking him. Because if Jonah Goose and I haven't met him, but I hear he's a good guy, you know, I disagree with this policies. People say he's a good guy. If Joonah Goose had simply stepped up, put his arm around the Democrat who'd lost his mind, and just walked him back, Joonah Goose would be the talk of the country. He really would he get elected anything he wanted to get elected. What an opportunity. Yes, but it's so revealing, right because listen, we've all at times missed a moment. We've all at times seized a moment when things are bang bang. But this this l Green thing was not bang bang. It was like it went on forever. So it's just revealing because if Jonah Goose or any of these other Democrats were what the America wants right now, really rising above it all, they would have done that. They would have walked up to him, been gentle and kind and tried to usher them out. And then if Elgreen had hit him with the cane, So what, they still win, right, They're still a winner.
Speaker 4: It just blows my mind too, Dan that all the things they accused Trump of being and doing that he lacks the korum, that he's smashed the norms, that he isn't a throwback the way Biden was supposed to be the Democrats lacking all the korum and class and everything.
Speaker 6: Last night.
Speaker 4: They could not have shown themselves up worse than what they presented to America last night, and that's why they're losing.
Speaker 1: They're in a doom loop right now. They are in a doom loop right now, and the GOP bench is so deep, and listen, somebody will emerge on the Democrats side, because the media will make sure somebody emerges. You could have some very average Joe or Jane emerge, and if it's the best thing the Democrats have, the media will make them out to be the next JFK. Though the Democrats wouldn't have JFK in the party right now. He'd be too conservative in their view. But somebody will emerge. But right now they are in a doom loop death spiral, as they should. And I don't mean that personally, but the reality of the left is that their ideas are horrible. They don't work. Most of their ideas. Eighty percent of America is opposed to and people who are voting for Democrats now most of them our people out of Haber or they just don't like the Republicans, so they are truly in a death spiral. Here's one of my other favorite lines from last night. And my favorite lines are not just because they're delivered well and they're funny, but because they're true and so they're really going to hit.
Speaker 7: Since taking office, my administration has launched the most sweeping border and immigration crackdown in American history, and we quickly achieve the lowest numbers of illegal border crosses ever recorded.
Speaker 1: Thank you, one of the great lines ever coming up because it is so true.
Speaker 7: The media and our friends in the Democrat Party kept saying we needed new legislation, we must have legislation to secure the border, but it turned out that all we really needed was a new president.
Speaker 1: See Bets, that's as good as it gets because yeah, it's a shot, and it's a direct shot, and he's looking right at him. But it's true. It's substance. It's not name calling. It is so true because that's what all I'm right, Bennett Hick and Luper John's all I'm saying during the campaign, Polis, Oh no, no, no, it's all Trump's fault because if we had this bill, we wanted the border to be shut down. No, that was all a lie. That was just one of the great great moments. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine Dan Ryan DJ even hugg President Trump in the Oval Office this morning that from Andy. Oh boy, he is now kind of America's favorite. Andy should be he should be How cool that was? But then I want to get to the sound. What's the clip?
Speaker 6: Oh you hear?
Speaker 1: It is showing how nuts, how nuts the Democrats are last night they just couldn't handle this whole DJ thing. So here's how they tried to submit it.
Speaker 8: I think this was a lesson in finding one thing.
Speaker 1: That you let yourself feel.
Speaker 8: And I let myself feel joy about DJ. And I hope he's alive for another you know, ninety five years, and I hope he lives and the life he wants to live.
Speaker 1: He wants to be a cop.
Speaker 8: He knows what he wants to do, and maybe when you have childhood cancer that crystallizes for you. And I hope he has a long life as a law enforcement officer. But I hope he never has to defend the United States capital against Donald Trump supporters.
Speaker 1: And it's been there's a winning argument. There is a winning argument for Democrats right after they will not stand up for the thirteen year old with brain cancer who has just made a member of the Secret Service. Yeah, that's the winning argument forum right there. It's such a great time to be alive. And your life's probably real busy, right everybody's life's busy. But I hope you get a chance just to slow down and savor this moment because we are watching a sea change. We're watching a tipping point in American history where once major political party is just starting to fall apart before our eyes while another is ascendant. And it doesn't guarantee anything over the next fifty years, but it's a lot of fun right now, and it gives us a lot of reason to hope. Congressoman Bobert next on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 1: A walk off song No doubt.
Speaker 3: It's mister Mayor, would you join me today and calling and demanding that these sanctuaries, policies, these Colorado state laws be repealed.
Speaker 1: Great question, Thank you, Congresswoman.
Speaker 3: Lets me now, mister Mayor pardons yes or no, you're joined me.
Speaker 1: I do not believe that the tenderal needs to be changed. So I can tell you what a great question, congresswoman, and I'm so glad you led with that. That is such an important question. It just completely exposed him as he tried to hide behind those laws that oh yeah he doesn't want to change. Hey, thanks for your work today. What was that like?
Speaker 9: Thank you? Well, you know I could have been there another hour? Yeah, sure, and.
Speaker 5: Questioning the mayor. Certainly he was there for six and a half hours. But here in Washington, d C. There are other meetings to be.
Speaker 1: Had as well.
Speaker 5: You know, that was an important question that I wanted to spend some time on though. However, because it really proves that Mayor Mike Johnson owns discuss that's right, he refuses to call on his city council to even have a vote to repeal the Denver ordinance that says Denver employees will be fired if they communicate with federal.
Speaker 9: Law enforcement officers. Now that doesn't mean all federal employees.
Speaker 5: They can speak with the EPA and helping human services and others by enforcement officers, they're prevented that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then also he would not join me in calling for Colorado's state sanctuary policies to be repealed. Now, I'm proud of Douglas County and other counties who have stepped up and are suing to get this stop. But it isn't enough. And if may Or Mike Johnson would call for that to be removed instead of making excuses saying, well, this is just state policy, state law, so my hands are tied here.
Speaker 9: You know, that doesn't really that doesn't really work.
Speaker 1: But he would do that, then.
Speaker 9: There would be a real effort in.
Speaker 5: Securing Denver, whether it comes to safety or even funding that would actually benefit the citizens of Denver. And then of course it would prevent crime in the cities that he is bussing illegals from Denver too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that was probably the most important question asked of him all afternoon, because he, as you say, now owns it. He can't just hide behind these laws. He said he does not want them changed. In an outside of this setting today, I don't think he could have been pinned down on that. I want to give people a taste of another question that you asked, and then I'll stop the tape and let you expand on it.
Speaker 3: What about before a warrant? There are many issues before a warrant.
Speaker 1: So your great point. You know, he always tries to mislead people by saying, hey, we honor warrants, but as a practical matter, that's almost meaningless. So please do expand on that.
Speaker 5: Yes, So that's really the point of this policy and what makes it a sanctuary policy and while why local media is even clouded of Denver as a sanctuary city. One example was in November of twenty twenty four of Venezuelan illegals who had crossed the border illegally. He was arrested in Denver for raping a fourteen year old girl, and this illegal alien had already been arrested and released on bail for another offense before this crime, before abusing this fourteen year old girl, and ICE later confirmed that the suspect was here illegally. But these Denver sanctuary policies prevented local police from notifying immigration authorities, and I hear from officers all over Colorado all the time while they struggle with this that they are not able to notify, and furthermore, when they do notify them, they are not allowed to have ICE agents come in to their facilities and apprehendous suspect that they have of and we just saw this. We just saw a criminal alien who was being released to ICE. However, he couldn't be detained further for just another hour or two in their facility.
Speaker 9: They had to.
Speaker 5: Release him in the streets, as Mayor Johnston says, in a parking.
Speaker 9: Lot, and that's where he assaulted a law enforcement officer and then later had to be tased.
Speaker 1: And this could have been handled much.
Speaker 5: Better and it wasn't. And now Mayor Mike Johnson saying, well, maybe we need to revisit how we release them to ICE agents. Well, it should have never happened. And you know, to wait for a federal warrant before action is taken. It's far too long, but it does protect their narrative of saying, well, they're not criminal aliens. You say you want criminal aliens removed from the country. Well, I also you don't want to wait for them to commit a very veenish crime like abusing a fourteen year old girl before we take action. Anyone who has come into this country illegally has already broken our nation's law and should be notified to ICE.
Speaker 1: Right, But the Left, as you know, has all these laws in Colorado that you pinned Johnston down, and he doesn't want them change. All these laws that are designed to protect people who have committed other crimes ended up in our jails, and now Ice wants to identify and wants to interview them, et cetera. There are all sorts of laws that are geared only to protect people who have been convicted of other crimes. Yeah, and let me give people a taste. Yeah, go ahead, please, no, please, let me give people a taste of another line of questioning Congressoman Bobert.
Speaker 3: With us six hundred days, there's been no time to ask for this to be repealed. You did have a newcomer's playbook twenty five pages. You had time to put that together, and you had time to agree with the city council to authorize up to two million dollars to pay Joe Biden's former lawyer his law firm to help cover your ass.
Speaker 1: So expand on that for us. I'm glad you had the chance to ask him about that.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, you know it shows that the mayor requested the city council to authorize up to two million dollars to be paid to Joe Biden's former lawyer's law firm to help prepare him for this Commission hearing, and you know, he says, yeah, we secured that. Contrast in case your committee wanted me to come before him, what a document for us. So I think that right there shows that they know that they are not complying with federal law and the federal government is going to want answers about these policies. But this is also coming from a city that whose budget for illegal aliens in twenty twenty four alone was ninety million dollars. And this is money millions dollars gifted from investments.
Speaker 9: In city parks and employees that may actually benefit Denver taxpayers.
Speaker 1: And Congressoman, before I get your take on what I think was a historic addressed to Congress last night, where do you think this goes from here?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Because Americans are on your side, right, I mean, this is not just a Republican issue anymore. Where do you think it goes sanctuary cities? Yes?
Speaker 5: Well, President Trump and Secretary of Nome and Borders are Tom Homan have said that there will be action taken against those leaders who are refusing to follow state law and who are aiding and ambtting illegal aliens, and within their communities and under their jurisdiction, and so I do expect action to be taken in some form. I don't know exactly what that looks like, but I'm sure that there will be a some sort of a grace period for them to get it right.
Speaker 9: But if they refuse and there needs to be action is taken.
Speaker 5: And President Trump said he will withhold hold federal funding from those who are not following the Constitution and his executive orders, the laws that we have in this land. And so unfortunately, we may see some of the funding be removed from cities like Denver who have sanctuary policies. And look, I work hard each and every day to deliver tax dollars back to Colorado. Colorado's pay in a lot of tax money, and I want to make sure that they are represented and reaping the benefits of those tax dollars. But when it's going to illegal aliens, this is this is not acceptable. When Denver has a budget of ninety million dollars for illegal aliens in the year twenty twenty four alone, that is unacceptable. When Genver needs to ask for a bailout from the state legislature because they're going bankrupt or their hospital is about to go under. This is unacceptable, and so maybe we need to start focusing on putting the agencies under the federal government in areas like maybe Douglas County who do want to uphold our nation's laws and are taking on the state government of Colorado and their sanctuary policies.
Speaker 9: With their lawsuits.
Speaker 5: But maybe we'll start to see more of that those tax dollars go to our rural communities rather than just the illegal aliens and in the illegal policies and.
Speaker 1: Places like Denver and Congressomans, you've been generous at your time in our last thirty seconds. What was the peak moment for you last night in that amazing speech.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was certainly the greatest speech that I've heard in the House chambers. And it's wonderful to have a president to be proud of again. I think the President Trump demonstrated that he is back. He has energy and vigor and vision, and not only is he back, but America is back. Our border is a ninety five ninety seven percent sture because we now have the rights resident in office and we are truly making America great again. And he is demonstrating that we can't have peace through strength. And unfortunately I also saw that my colleagues on the other side of the aisle, well, they hate President Trump more than they love America.
Speaker 1: That is it, boy, That is really profoundly put. Congressoman, thank you for the time today. Thank you, Dan, you take care And I would I would probably amend that last statement just a little bit. They at this point hate Trump so much They're willing to destroy their own party over it. You're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: From do you know how many of those sixty five to seventy one homicides were committed by people illegally present in the country, And I'm happy to show all of the sources for my facts. We don't ask anyone's status at morn of arrest. We do not know someone's status and when they charge thank you, yeah, so amazing, right, amazing. Johnston just doesn't know. And Congressman Evans is going to join us. He doesn't want to know. And this comes back to this whole point. Why is the left so determined right now? Why do they put on a pedestal on a pedestal people here illegally you've committed other crimes. Why are they so determined to protect them? And I don't think there's any other conceivable answer other than they see them as voters. They see them as voters. And then it ties into something we talked about recently, where you've got Hickenlopers standing for reelection out there pushing a bill that would prevent Ice from detaining an illegal immigrant at a polling place. Eric in Denver, you're on the DANCA Aplus Show.
Speaker 10: Welcome, Hi, Dan, great American.
Speaker 1: Eric. Tell you Ben, I just had to call you my brother.
Speaker 10: Because yesterday you said Johnston was going to shine today. And on the contrary, young man, because Alabama Representative Palmer and Representative Higgins in Louisiana they want to take the shine out of Johnston, to put Johnston flat out in a dull jail shale.
Speaker 1: You did well, what I say, my friend, and thank you for that. What I say is exactly what I said yesterday, which is, wait a second, Yeah, Johnston is going to shine today compared to what should happen to him because what he's doing is so wrong and it's so indefensible and he needs to be exposed for it. But in a Committee hearing like today, no matter how great the questioner, and there were lots of great questioners, including Congressoman Bobert, they're limit They're limited to this little five minute slot. There's no judge to sit up there and order Johnston to answer the question, and so he's able to do what he did a lot of today, which is to dodge and fill a buster and deceive. So that's my point is, and make no mistake about it, Eric, I mean to people on the left out there today, you know, Johnston emerges as a hero. I mean, just look at the Denver post stuff. So he was let off the hook today, not by the questioners, all of whom did a very good job under tough circumstances, but by the format. I mean, if this had been an actual courtroom where there's a judge and Johnston's under oath and there's you know, he has to answer the question, the questioner has the time they need to pin him down, the guy's career would be over.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir again. But see, I'm so sick and tired as well as all of us Republicans out here that the Democrats, my god, the Democrat mayor's and governor. Yeah, for the love of me, they get away with buddy. You know I got to arrested.
Speaker 1: I got the solution. I'm not a darkness cursor. I'm a candlelighter. I got the solution right now, and Eric will agree the second he hears it. This solves everything instantly.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: We need to pass a bill, call it the capitalist Bill. We need to pass a bill that citizens can sue Mike Johnston, citizens can sue Jared Polis, citizens can sue government officials with sanctuary policies for all harm done by people here illegally. How you're here. How long do you think these sanctuary cities would remain sanctuary cities.
Speaker 10: It'd be gone instantaneous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it'd probably take thirty days, but they'd be gone in thirty days.
Speaker 10: I got to ask you, being a lawyer and brilliant as you are, you know I'm biased because took that vote.
Speaker 1: You You just called the show to tell people I was dead wrong, but which I am grateful for.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 10: I just said no, no, no, no, hey, it's fair.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, it is fair. No. I appreciate the call, and but but don't you think that solves it in thirty days? It's done in thirty days.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, and I think that you know, you made a brilliant point because Johnston showed his true colors. And for the life of me, I can't believe Democrats keep voting these people in, like you know, the mayor that preceded him, Handcock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and eventually Jenfer's going to have a Republican mayor. She's just not going to call herself republic and she's going to be a conservative. But Eric, to your point where you called to call me out, listen, I was wrong. I was wrong to this extent. There was more damage done to Johnston today than I thought would be. And a good example of that is Congressoman Bobert's very well put question pinning him down on wait a second, you're hiding behind these Colorado laws that you say tie your hands, but will you join me in trying to change the laws, and he said no, he wants the laws to stay in effect. So that's an example of their being more accomplished with Johnston today than I thought would be. But here's my point, not nearly as much as could have been done if we were in a courtroom, if the questioners had a judge up there to force Johnston answer the questions. That's my point is we weren't to be going to be able to get a full cross examination of him today. Eric, thank you, but I got to tell you really impressed with the questioners and they accomplished more than I thought they would, and I'm really happy to see that. How about this the capitalist law, or we'd come up with a better name for it. But don't you think that doesn't instantly if people can sue the city for damage done by folks here illegally, all sanctuary city subject to those lawsuits.