Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, and welcome back once again to Wheel Takes, a podcast about the Wheel of Time, a series of fantasy novels written by Rober Jordan completed by Brandon Sanderson. I'm gus, I've read them.
Speaker 2: All and I'm Ali and I am on book thirteen. Yeah, chapter nine.
Speaker 1: Yep, this podcast, you nailed it. Oh fuck, this podcast only contains spoilers for what Ali has already read and again today. That is everything up to and including Towers of Midnight chapter nine. Yay. This is our fourth week in a row. We've actually gotten an episode up when we're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Our fourth week in a row.
Speaker 1: Fourth week in a row.
Speaker 2: Look at us, we're killing it.
Speaker 1: Got us. It's almost like we're real by casters or something.
Speaker 2: Oh stop, we're doing a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm just but we're back at it.
Speaker 1: Baby, glad to be consistent again. I've missed this me too.
Speaker 2: I've missed it too.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Real? Good?
Speaker 1: Excellent? So happy, excellent.
Speaker 2: I I'm a little sick, so I might be coughing, but otherwise I'm good.
Speaker 1: I start filming a movie this week. Oh, very fun. Should still be able to record? I think before next week, I think we'll be able to do that. I'm doing I'm doing night shoots all week, which means that I'm working from you know, sundown to sun up, which here is something like nine pm to five a m. So it is a nine to five.
Speaker 2: It's just the other way around.
Speaker 1: It's kind of nine to five. And then I'm also technically still working at my job job.
Speaker 2: How are you going to do that?
Speaker 1: I told him not to call me in the morning. I told my boss, please do not call me before noon. It's like, I'm happy to work late, but I would really appreciate it if I could, because I can take time off. He said, no, that's fine, as long as you still get everything done. I was like, wow, parbat of the best boss in the ever world. Shout out to my boss, the best boss in the world. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's the thing about creatives is we have to balance our jobs with our jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh. Chapter nine alley is called Blood in the Air. There's the chapter logo. What is it? It's a wheel. It's the wheel. This might be kind of a short one this week.
Speaker 2: Or maybe not.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, and then it's like two hours of I don't even fucking know.
Speaker 2: What me coming up with all kinds of shuit, all kinds.
Speaker 1: Of exciting things. Take any notes. I think you took a few.
Speaker 2: Think I did. I think it was honestly one note.
Speaker 1: Sh it's catching if you yawned, let us.
Speaker 2: Know, is it? It's Towers of Midnight.
Speaker 1: It is Towers of Midnight. I know you took notes because he started reading them for chapters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by accident, the golam only took seven to ten business months to attack. Yes, as efficient as robot customer service this one. Damn it. Now we have a fucking delay. We can't go get Moraine now, but we already.
Speaker 1: Did remember because of the letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by it for I had forgotten about the letter.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: And that's it?
Speaker 1: That's it? Well, I mean this is kind of an action chapter.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's not a lot of like substance, no well interest of like you know, there's no prophecies to deep dive on or like anything like that. It's just it's just action.
Speaker 1: It's KABOOMI bamage, which is fun.
Speaker 2: I like a good action cheat and.
Speaker 1: It is a good action chapter. I guess we'll get into it. Remember what happened just before the chapter.
Speaker 2: He walked into his tent and there was blood.
Speaker 1: Smell of blood, always a good sign, the smell of blood, blood, blood.
Speaker 2: Blood, blood, blood, blood, blood blood.
Speaker 1: Matt ducked immediately. That instinct saved his life. As something swung through the air above his head. Matt rolled to the side, his hand hitting something wet as it touched the floor. Murder, he bellowed, murder in the camp, blowy murder. Something moved toward him the tent.
Speaker 2: And it just turns out a girl just had her period. Robot. Sorry, no, I'm not periods happened?
Speaker 1: Is that the dog?
Speaker 2: I mean it wasn't me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured, but stinky it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's the dog.
Speaker 1: What if it was me? I can't smell, you can't. Oh it's dug um. That doesn't matter right now, people, I'm sorry. Back to the action. Uh, so there's big fight. How's it go?
Speaker 2: I mean, all things considered, all right? Yeah, Like a couple of guys died, which was bad, I said, I threw stuff at it with air, Yeah, which smart because she can't do it like it doesn't it's not affected by channeling, right, Yeah, not really? Could you like sweep it up an air and drop it off a cliff.
Speaker 1: You can't touch it with weaves.
Speaker 2: Okay, so but you can throw stuff at it. I appreciate the ingenuity. Yeah, because throw shit at it? Well let's yeah, let's let's you know, can you hit it with a plate like let's I think the.
Speaker 1: Best thing to do just at this moment is to kind of talk about the goal on because we haven't seen it in a very long time. It has been a really long time, had.
Speaker 2: A really long time.
Speaker 1: They are immune to the one power.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, we know that in all senses of the word.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, and you can't weapons. Do weapons do much?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not really, not really, So like, what do you do? That's a really good question. Acid melt it terminator. It's kind of a two one thousand, except it can't disguise itself. It just looks really blase, a.
Speaker 2: Like a really boring looking person. It looks like Todd from accounting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, your name is Todd and you're an accountant. We're not talking about you.
Speaker 2: They'll let us know.
Speaker 1: That's really funny, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: You're so looking. Everybody talks about it. So, okay, what do you do, Well, how do we kill it? Bail fire? Can you bail fire it? Can you bail fire it?
Speaker 1: Bail fire?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the one power, so you can't bail fire it. That sucks. Cannons? Can you canon it?
Speaker 1: You could cut it up into pieces, but I think the pieces would just.
Speaker 2: Merge back together. One does style? Could you? Because I feel like they got to come up with a way.
Speaker 1: Well, what is the only thing that is ever harmed? One?
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: There is one object Matt luckily has. Oh is it the fox head Foxhead medallion? Remind me what the Foxhead medallion does?
Speaker 2: By the way, it makes you not able to be touched by the One Power.
Speaker 1: That's the same way.
Speaker 2: So it kind of turns Matt into like a Goalam a little bit.
Speaker 1: Only in so far as he can't be affected by the power. Because you remember when they start chucking shit at the Goalam in this chapter, it does kind of harken back.
Speaker 2: To It's the reason why it can fuck with the Goalam because like Golam is technically made by the One Power.
Speaker 1: They are they are shadow spawn. Yeah, so I mean they are. This is just some background knowledge. It doesn't matter. I was looking on the wiki, there have in history ever been six of them.
Speaker 2: Can it be fucked up by the true power?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. That true power is not the one power, right, it's.
Speaker 2: A different thing. So can it technically be fucked by that?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Like are we gonna have to start using the true power a little bit?
Speaker 1: Well, only only one person can do that on Team Good it's Morden on Team Good.
Speaker 2: Oha on Team Good.
Speaker 1: Rand. Yeah, however, do you think he's still gonna do that now? I'm not always had Jesus moments. I wouldn't fuck with it were me, But after after Dragon.
Speaker 2: Mount, I don't think he would do it like Wilson Nilsen, But I do think that, like what, I just like the phrase thanks, But I think that he might use it if like really really necessary because everyone told him to bail fire shit either and he's like he's been booby.
Speaker 1: But again, this was all before Dragon Mount, right, this is all before Veins of Gold.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. We haven't spent a lot of time in that head.
Speaker 1: No, we've how much have we seen him since this book started?
Speaker 2: Not a ton like we saw him with the Apple thing? Yeah, and I feel like that's like kind of it so far.
Speaker 1: He had a meeting with the gwayn oh.
Speaker 2: Right where he was like, he was like, all right, I'm gonna go we're all gonna go break the seal. Cool, cool, you have one hour?
Speaker 1: But was it? Was it the ultimatumy old style rand or No?
Speaker 2: He was like pretty chill about it. He was hilariously chill about it. Honestly. He was like, I know, I know you're gonna have an issue. I know I probably should have talked to you about this sooner, but this is what we're gonna do. Okay, Okay, all right, you got, you know, twenty four hours to respond.
Speaker 1: I think it's like a month.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I'm just being silly.
Speaker 1: My other the other thing I really like not to talk about other chapters. But the other thing I really like about that is at the end he's like, Okay, I'm gonna leave now, got it? And they just kind of look at each other. Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like don't.
Speaker 1: He's like, I do with it. Don't try to make me stay because if you do that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Really annoying and I'm gonna have to use force.
Speaker 1: I am going to have to I'm letting you permit me to leave. I'm giving you permission to tell me I can go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I believe it is going to be annoying.
Speaker 1: But if you don't let me, I will. Anyway, I had this whole thing.
Speaker 2: I was telling you about this on the walk. I saw this thing the other day where it was like having childhood trauma is crazy because when you have to the drama like they were, like, my boyfriend asked me, what the worst thing could happen is with like confronting someone about something that at work. Yeah, And they were like, well that they'll yell at me and not let me leave. And he was like what that?
Speaker 1: When would what kind of a.
Speaker 2: Never, Like I'd never thought about that, that that would be such an unhinged thing for someone to do to another adult, is like yell at someone and not allow them to leave the premises. But I was like so accustomed to that in my head being a problem that I had never thought, like, one, why do we think that's okay to do to children? Then like that's crazy to like trap them in a space and scream at them. That's crazy. It's not it's not, no, it's not. It's crazy. That's a crazy thing to do to a human being. I'm like, we have to start thinking about children, and it's like human beings. I know that, like obviously if they do something fucked up or something, you have to talk to them about it and shit, but like you know, to a certain extent, that's still like a human person, like do it anyway. So I sat there and I was like, oh my god, that's true. That would be like a fucked up thing to do to a person. So like, and you could sue.
Speaker 1: Probably oh probably.
Speaker 2: If they like if they didn't let you.
Speaker 1: Leave, well that is being your will, that is not.
Speaker 2: You could sue.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wait, so that wouldn't really happen.
Speaker 2: That would be a crazy thing to have happened. And I was like, oh shit, what is the worst thing that would happen?
Speaker 1: Kind of true, Well, you could get fired, I guess.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but like if you were confronting a friend, like they might not be your friend anymore. But like I don't know, if you did it in a respectful way, like odds are things are gonna be fine. So then I was like, oh shit, what am I so scared of?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Randon Igwayne in that chapter, showing pretty good conflict related communication skills, like pretty good the golam terrible communications does not communicate at all.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about shadow Spun. None of these fuckers have been to fit therapy. None of them have figured their shit out.
Speaker 1: My computer made a bunch of beeps.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried to, like talk to someone who can't take accountability? It's exhausting.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm at a point where I'm like, I'm not teaching another grown adult.
Speaker 1: How you apologize?
Speaker 2: That's fucking nuts.
Speaker 1: That seems fair.
Speaker 2: If you can't apologize in your thirties, that's crazy, that's wild. Best of luck too, Okay, you know what I mean. Yeah, Like that's fucking crazy. Like you're fully in control of yourself and your faculties, and yes, of course, like the shadow exists, and like weird shit happens, but like then you own that shit. You don't just go like that didn't happen. I don't remember it that way. Oh bullshit, bullshit. I've gas lit people before when I was like a teenager and didn't know any better, and I knew exactly what fucking happened.
Speaker 1: Well, about the golamb.
Speaker 2: So he's gas like gay, keep girl bossing his way through camp. He is wait, yeah, he is slaying, sickening, and serving his way through camp.
Speaker 1: The golamb is okay, I've designed.
Speaker 2: That the golamb is gay. All right, sure, all right, you're on her. Mad resented the court.
Speaker 1: Gay. This will be fun.
Speaker 2: Going this hard for another man.
Speaker 1: Well, he was notably ordered to pursue nine, even Agwayne, not note, even Elaine.
Speaker 2: But he lost interest. Went after Matt. Fuck it, bucket, I'm after Matt. I'm going after Matt. Killed his situationship, who was abusive, very dramatic entrances and exits.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I feel like I'm stereotyping, but I as a part of the elegil.
Speaker 1: So I suppose you're allowed.
Speaker 2: I feel personally that the golom is serving all right. It's kind of like how Jesus also displayed kind of iconically queer behavior because think about it, he gathered all of his closest friends together. I saw this. This is not from me as an original, but I thought it was so brilliant that I have to share. He gathered all of his closest friends for a intimate dinner and then said one of you has betrayed me, okay, and then let them figure out who it was. Okay, okay, I mean that's queer. Yeah, yeah, all of his closest guy friends.
Speaker 1: I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but let's be real. Iconic behavior. Really, one of you has betrayed me.
Speaker 1: Well, now I'm just picturing RuPaul saying.
Speaker 2: That exactly, exactly exactly. It's iconic. Think about it.
Speaker 1: How did we get here? I don't know, you said them.
Speaker 2: Ahd, And that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the Goalamb.
Speaker 2: So okay, the Golamb can only.
Speaker 1: Be hurt by the medallion so far that we know.
Speaker 2: Of, which is convenient considering it's chasing the guy medallion. So maybe he's just bored of getting to kill people without a lot of resistance, and he's like, I want to challenge.
Speaker 1: Could be you know, do.
Speaker 2: You remember I could get boring after a while.
Speaker 1: Do you remember who originally found the Golamb? Almost definitely, well, I'm sure it was Baltha Melaragna ragon Or is the one whom Yeah, they don't live forever. So this one was in a station.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it in a box?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was in a box.
Speaker 1: Do you remember who found it? Probably hilarious when you consider who, no, the funniest person possible found it? Who is the funny? Who is the funniest forsaken?
Speaker 2: Oh Baylaw No Samio, that's the one that's that's funny.
Speaker 1: And miss Samuel, Yes, I miss Samiel.
Speaker 2: Everything, Yes, because we're left with like less and less funny for his saken, Like Massana is not funny? Is Samiel Massona's only funny because I'm insisting that she's donel.
Speaker 1: No, Samuele's not gay. Samuel's tragically heterosexual.
Speaker 2: Samuel's deeply heterosexual.
Speaker 1: Tragically but like I can say that, but.
Speaker 2: Like insecure, Like an insecure straight man is the worst.
Speaker 1: Because he's six', four but he makes himself look like.
Speaker 2: He said six and he's like constantly talking about how he could have gone pro if he hadn't gotten injured in.
Speaker 1: College well he was a.
Speaker 2: QUARTERBACK i, know, yeah believe, Me i'm. Aware this man is deeply insecure and makes it everyone else's.
Speaker 1: PROBLEM i fucking Love, Samiel, dude he was so my. Favorite.
Speaker 2: Forsaken massana is just an embittered, academic as Is sammarag has a torture. Problem, okay let's go. Through which of the forsaken is?
Speaker 1: Queer SAMAROG i just feel, okay It's vibeson if she wanted to turn, her no, doubt she's deeply, queer, deeply, deeply deeply.
Speaker 2: Queer let's, See, Okay i've got to start from the. Beginning Damon dread, Bye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Absolutely morden.
Speaker 2: Bye as, Well, yes yes, too, yes by Man.
Speaker 1: VIBES i Think mordan's a. SEXUAL i think he's as biolistic. ASEXUAL i see that as.
Speaker 2: Well that could. Work but in the, show.
Speaker 1: Oh, Bisile, yeah every everybody in the show was bias, fuck.
Speaker 2: Which is what made the show so.
Speaker 1: Good everybody was just, unrepentedly a little, horned still. Pissed i'm never not Gonna i'm never not gonna be pissed about.
Speaker 2: That but anyway that by, that it's over. Him, yeah it's, fine it's not, fine but, yeah, Okay so who else is? There agon or in balthamel agon or deeply? Straight, yeah deeply straight in a way WHERE i wouldn't like? Him does that make?
Speaker 1: Sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, LIKE i don't have a problem with straight, people but some of them really rub it in my.
Speaker 1: FACE i understand it's a ridiculous way to put.
Speaker 2: That they really rub their.
Speaker 1: LIFESTYLE i appreciate your your u reclaiming of.
Speaker 2: That you just don't have to be so obvious about. IT i don't want to see.
Speaker 1: It we get. It you're.
Speaker 2: Straight balthamel Is balthall discovered some.
Speaker 1: Things, Yeah balthamel's pan, sexual but like not in a good.
Speaker 2: Way like, listen just because someone is pan doesn't make them a good. Person like this is the thing we forget is you can be a minority and an oppressed class and still suck as a human. Being two things can be true at the same. Time Like i've known some wonderful people from all walks of. LIFE i also have known some really shitty people from all walks of, life you know WHAT i. Mean, like here's the, thing the real, dream right is that we can dislike someone and it has nothing to do with their.
Speaker 1: Identity that's, true.
Speaker 2: You know WHAT i. Mean we're, like you suck with your. PERSONALITY i have no problem with any of the ways that you live other than that you are shitty in a personality. Way and that's when we'll really get to true. Freedom, Okay So, okay who else is? There Land fear queer for?
Speaker 1: Sure bye, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah bye yeah bye yeah bye girl Grendel by yeah yeah or pan Pan chant yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Mcgetti and we said was queer?
Speaker 2: Lesbian, yeah, SNA i don't. KNOW i Think missana is.
Speaker 1: Heterosexual, no none of, no none of the forsaken women as A i was like.
Speaker 2: Thinking like lesbian academic that.
Speaker 1: Could, work you, know, yeah like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Summarog h semmarrog is not capable of like, intimacy, no like is there a word For it's like the opposite of a. Demisexual it's like a romantic well, maybe but like now if you, uninformed, yeah we're straying beyond the because like obviously a dominatrix thing obviously has like a sadistic, streak but that's not.
Speaker 1: Like, no and not in clearly not a healthy way with.
Speaker 2: Her well, no not even a little. Bit there's no consent. Involved, no it's so but like So i'm like they're not asex BECAUSE i think they're getting some kind of like pleasure from. It the. Sadism, yeah but that's not NECESSARILY. Lgbtq, plus that's just like being kind of terrible, yeah being more than kind of. TERRIBLE i feel like it's like just baguely. Sinister, Yeah like she's just kind of there to. Dominate she doesn't really give a shit what what gender or like what spectrum you're. On she's just kind of there for the.
Speaker 1: TORTURE i, understand you know WHAT i.
Speaker 2: MEAN i don't know what that would be classified as probably a, plus probably some kind of.
Speaker 1: Plus, YEAH i think so.
Speaker 2: Some kind of in the plus.
Speaker 1: Category ye who are we? Forget There's BAILAL i think he's. Straight, NO i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i don't. Know baila's, gay is actually? Gay bailo's, Gay and like in a way where it's, like, yeah there's just too much, showmanship you.
Speaker 1: Know that's WHAT i was.
Speaker 2: Saying there's too much showmanship and not enough follow. Through it's like the problem that the drag community is seeing where it's like there's like really good drag queens and then there are people that are LIKE i just kind of want to get On RuPaul's drag race and be. Famous yeah, yeah and it's like that he's he's that. Gay, yeah he's LIKE i want to get On RuPaul's drag race and be. Famous BUT i don't actually have the like the like reps to back it. Up So i'm going to be like an early boot From RuPaul's Drag. Race i'm cannon fodder And RuPaul's Drag. Race AM i? Wrong, No i'm completely right about. That they're LIKE i want a fast track to becoming. Famous SO i GUESS i will like become a drag queen for a while and be good looking enough as a girl that and like maybe be like a like lip, sync like learn a death drop or, two and Then i'll be, Like I'm i'm ready For, RuPaul and it's like you're not ready Room, ball because then Fucking sasha is going to show up and wipe the absolute floor with every single person that was there except for Fuck. Anitra Yeah, Anitra, anitra did we forget? Anybody? Uh blthamelagon or. See this is why our podcasts are really, long BECAUSE i GET i get stuck on like a fucking tangent.
Speaker 1: Uh baylaw miss uh you Know i've fucking named the forsaken. Ass oh It's. Modian oh gay, yay.
Speaker 2: The gayest, one the gayest, one the artie boy. Gay i'm, sorry and like you can absolutely be an. Artist Like i've heard plenty of straight men Play, wonderwall believe, me but like this. One, No i'm sorry that that is not a. Heterosexual, no, no at most a. Bisexual but Like i'm getting.
Speaker 1: Gay, well this has been.
Speaker 2: Enlightning you, know it's fun in a not fun? Way is that a lot Of disney, villains like Early disney, villains like part of the reason why they're so like, that like so like you kind of like dig them more than anyone else in the movies is because they're all based on like queer archetypes.
Speaker 1: We're talking, about Like, Jaffar.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Yeah ursula was based off of a famous drag. Queen oh that's.
Speaker 1: True, no they're all.
Speaker 2: Yesified oh that's really. True of tell me that they're not all, yesified like the guy the one with friends on the other side From princess and The, frog.
Speaker 1: Or like, Okay, gaston oh, gus.
Speaker 2: Come, on that man is. Gay they're. Gay they're all. Gay that's why they're so. Yesified that's why they're. Awesome that's why everybody's, like, okay a low key vibe with. Them.
Speaker 1: Though that's, true that's.
Speaker 2: True, yeah not only Was jafar gay the parrot was also. Gay iago. Gay they're all. Gay, NO i swear To god because Lesbian, like tell, me give me one example of a Fucking disney, villain because that was a way to get queer representation in and like give the like feedback to kids that it wasn't okay to be that. Way but then also you were, like but they're kind of fabulous, though they're kind of giving their kind of.
Speaker 1: Serving well that tapered off.
Speaker 2: Eventually well, yeah because ever they got called out on it, eventually where everybody's, like, hey that's like not, great but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah hold, On i'm trying to think of modern contempor more contemper they're all Gay disney. Movies they're all in.
Speaker 2: The eligibility Community disney.
Speaker 1: Feelins oh, god, yeah Oh isma.
Speaker 2: Okay but Also Kronk kronk.
Speaker 1: Gay you, Know kronk is Canonically. Jewish no, WAY i did not. Know, yeah hold, on.
Speaker 2: Uh Also isma is also. Gay yeah, yeah Like Kronk Kronk krong Is jewish crocs haula. Recipe yeah, wait that's.
Speaker 1: Hilarious kronk Is, jewish which doesn't make a lot of sense considering the fact that the movie is set in The Aztec.
Speaker 2: Empire i'm pretty sure it's, yeah, yeah, WHATEVER i don't giving a.
Speaker 1: FUCK i don't give a shit. EITHER i think it's. Hilarious that's. Awesome uh ship they made like a.
Speaker 2: Hole it's, like fuck, it He's. Jewish that's so funny they made.
Speaker 1: They made a whole thing in Like kronk's new, groove that He's.
Speaker 2: JEWISH i love. That why not fuck It?
Speaker 1: Jish oh not.
Speaker 2: To, Mention, uh who's the guy From Pocahontas? Ratcliffe is that right? Gay tell me he's.
Speaker 1: NOT i haven't seen it in a long. Time you know WHAT i love.
Speaker 2: About Sean yu From. Mulan somebody pointed this, out AND i really love. It when he found out That mulan was a, woman he didn't go like a, Girl, ah this should be easier. Whatever he immediately just goes the soldier from the. Mountain, yeah and like respected her. Regardless was, Like i'm gonna kill you no matter what fucking gender you, are and that's. Inclusive it's. Fun tell you.
Speaker 1: What, okay we're gonna we're gonna put this one to. Bed, no and we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Give me one example of. It not Yasified disney.
Speaker 1: Villain you can't the family And encanto.
Speaker 2: Where they villains?
Speaker 1: Though Really, NO i guess they're Not lois so, yeah wait the guy the singer In, encanto not in, conto the singer In.
Speaker 2: Cocoa, okay, no come, on YEAH.
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, yeah come, on extremely. Flambley give me one.
Speaker 2: EXAMPLE i.
Speaker 1: CAN'T i can't think of one off the top of my.
Speaker 2: HEAD i. Can't it's because it's because they're too. Awesome, yeah there's too. Yasify well there you.
Speaker 1: Go tell you.
Speaker 2: What we're here where we get used?
Speaker 1: TO i THINK i think we're going to we are we o my, mouse mouse, Mouse, okay we are going To uh we're going to keep on keeping on. Here i'm just, saying and uh, yeah back and amend. It welcome. Back we're here to actually talk about the golamb and the fighting, now.
Speaker 2: And i'm, saying we're still at the. Age why did you B tq plus.
Speaker 1: Community matt throws himself At they, fight they, fight they, fight they, fight they. Fight it's got a. Dagger it has killed. Somebody who Is matt worried that it is? Killed? Uh oh, Over oliver didn't kill Olver, No, no.
Speaker 2: But we should probably keep an eye on, Him, yeah because he wants to kill anyone close To matt and that boy is playing games with him all the.
Speaker 1: Time teslin actually kind of saves the day. Here teslin does save the. Day teslin comes in clutch and she just starts fucking hucking furniture at the. Golamb she should very very well.
Speaker 2: Handled, Uh and he's, like, ah, Shit i've been.
Speaker 1: And then the golomb runs. Off, notably he does actually meant talks to. It he clips it with the medallion and he, goes you didn't have to kill, her burn.
Speaker 2: You you could have left. Her you didn't want, her you wanted.
Speaker 1: Me the thing merely grinned its mouth and an awful black teeth. TWISTED a bird must, fly a man must. BREATHE i must kill. It stalked. Forward, Yes i've been told to kill them all to bring you. Out the man with the, mustache the aged one who interfered last, time the little dark skinned woman who holds your, affection all of. Them, okay UNLESS i take you.
Speaker 2: Now calling her the little dark skinned woman feels. Problematic it.
Speaker 1: Is it is a questionable decision on the.
Speaker 2: Goal, oh we don't say that.
Speaker 1: Anymore Grandpa tesla saves the, day and The golomb is, like, Well i've been. Discovered now time for me to fuck. Off and then Gord run And fergin go it's our time to shine and they level their pikes at. It how does that?
Speaker 2: Go golamb being simultaneously gay and a boomer.
Speaker 1: Crazy work not, uncommon not a, comment not uncommon, combination.
Speaker 2: Well unfortunately less common than it should.
Speaker 1: Be that's a good. Point so The golomb does what to these poor?
Speaker 2: Guys Fucking reagan, Anyway golamb Does, Yeah golomb does what to these poor? Guys?
Speaker 1: Umm what's with? Everybody how kills?
Speaker 2: Them eating?
Speaker 1: Them just rips their throats out on the way. BY i, mean that's just like a drive by trachy.
Speaker 2: Ectomy she is, unnecessary but he had to have a dramatic exit because, again, okay, Uh lopin's.
Speaker 1: Dead very. Sad that sentence would hit very differently in The Stormlight, archive but in this Book lopen's, dead we're all kind of sad About.
Speaker 2: He's.
Speaker 1: Sad he just got over in The leasian being. Dead now he's, dead and a bunch of Red arms And mad is, like well this.
Speaker 2: Sucks so you should never get over. Anything Finds, Uh oliver feel? Content Where's?
Speaker 1: Oliver?
Speaker 2: Uh he was hanging out with. Them totally Not Jane.
Speaker 1: Farster totally Not Jane, Farrestrider Noel charon doing what? Plan snakes and foxes and snakes and. Foxes, okay this.
Speaker 2: Game is a. Clue this game is a. Clue they Cannot and he said the only way to win is to. Cheat they're gonna. Cheat, Matt, yes. CHEAT i feel like they're gonna they gotta figure, out like like a way to.
Speaker 1: Cheat matt. Cheat they gotta cheat Some matt ever cheated anything in his.
Speaker 2: Life, well BECAUSE i feel like they gotta that's a, Joke well because because what was? It he said, that like they have to start in different. Places didn't he something like.
Speaker 1: That, no you start at the, outside you go to the, middle and then you have to get back out or find a way in the into the. Middle you start on the, outside you go to the, middle you have to get back.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah but if you start on the, outside then you're, behind then you can't. Win but if you start in the middle and you just have to get to the, outside.
Speaker 1: You start at the, outside you have to get to the, middle you have to get back.
Speaker 2: Out, okay why are you repeating that?
Speaker 1: Over, no that's the.
Speaker 2: Rule, yeah but he said the only way to win is to. Cheat, yeah so how do you? CHEAT i don't, Know go.
Speaker 1: To the, Middle start in the. Middle what's the? Board look like a?
Speaker 2: Spiral?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay look at the top down it's the. Circle. Yeah what's the circle across section? Of? What what is a circle across section of.
Speaker 2: What you mean a cross?
Speaker 1: Section if you lay a bunch of circles on top of each, other what does it make a? Tower? Yeah, yeah how do you start in the middle of?
Speaker 2: It sit in the middle of a?
Speaker 1: Tower how can you start in the middle of a tower very?
Speaker 2: Carefully, WELL i mean we have teleportation on the. Table.
Speaker 1: Yeah Does finland follow the rules of? Physics, no which is why cheating is even more.
Speaker 2: Possible. Eah so you just got to figure out an alternative, way because like if WE i feel, like if we start at the twisted, doorways, right that's the, Side, like that's the, entrance, right and you go straight into the. Foyer they know you're.
Speaker 1: There, yeah the twisted doorway. Here, okay so this isn't a, Spoiler this is just lower. Background going through the doorways means you are bound by the rules of no, fire no, iron no.
Speaker 2: Music, Right, well so you got to bring Those.
Speaker 1: Well, No i'm, saying going through the doorway you are protected from the fin they can't just kill, you but you also have to follow those. Rules if you go in Through, genji all bets are.
Speaker 2: Off is? That so how do you go in Through?
Speaker 1: Genji that's a great. Question that's their, plan isn't? That the cheating is to go Innswer. GENJI i don't think this is a problem for. Me if you go Answer, genji they can just fuck you.
Speaker 2: Up, well, yeah they've worn human, skins Like i'm sure at some point they've gotten to fuck people up for.
Speaker 1: Funzies, yeah they are allowed to do that if you go in Through.
Speaker 2: Genji, okay but then are you allowed to bring in you, know your Own spotify? Playlist? Arguably are you allowed to bring in you, know your favorite piece of? Jewelry what was it fire to strengthen some rusty? Nails what is it, fire iron to, strengthen fire to, blind music to, dazzle courage to, well courage to, strengthen courage to. Strengthen that's iron to bind music to, dazzle fire to blind, whoa look at? Me very good from the annals of my. Brain very. Good that was crazy from the, center if you, will H, okay, WHOA i feel like you've got to cheat your? Way who, no? Whoa? What? Well so then is going through that way? Cheating?
Speaker 1: Maybe? ANYWAY i guess we'll get there when we get. There, uh he's got the medallion on. Now all the time he's he gets he gets the. Gang the boys are back in town as you're back into he gets the gang. Together he's, Like, tom the creature threatened, you and you too know it didn't Mention, oliver but it did mention two. On tom is, like that doesn't make any fucking. Sense it gives a shit about two. On that's not what he, Says but that's what you're. SAYING a bunch of guys are. Dead golam's been snooping around for a few. Days Apparently matt continues to feel guilty About thailand and it's the whole, thing and this is what pissed you. Off matt, goes we're gonna hunt it and we're gonna kill the bloody. Thing, NOW i won't have this thing chasing us all the way to The tower Of, genji but cannot be Killed, matt anything can be. Killed tesla proved that she could still hurt it using the one power if she was. Clever we'll have to do something. Similar so they get ready to go to in the. Meantime But matt's gonna go and sleep in a different inn every single, night probably, idea and he's probably gonna have his, bed but he's do that.
Speaker 2: Too definitely a good.
Speaker 1: Idea and they're trying to determine what to do With. Olver do you remember what they?
Speaker 2: Are thank you Having Jane fresherder take care of, him who totally Not Jane.
Speaker 1: Freshwader no, Whatever, well they try. To they argue that they should send him away with the ice to. Die, yeah but he's, Like i'm, like, no he's gonna sneak out and come back if that, happens.
Speaker 2: TRUE i feel like that's.
Speaker 1: True and then they just decide they're just going to keep him with.
Speaker 2: Them well that's probably the safest place for, Him, yeah probably, honestly because if they send him away and them knows about, it he's gonna go get. Him so you might as well just all stay. Together So jolene busts, in how's she? DOING i, mean, Okay, well Like jolene comes to, like Thank.
Speaker 1: Matt kind of that Was. Teslin, oh jul.
Speaker 2: It appears to your reports if this creature that is chasing you were.
Speaker 1: Accurate And matt is, like could do you have anything to? Add not a, thing, REGARDLESS i need to return to The White. Tower i'll be leaving. TOMORROW i would like to ask if you could lend me some horses for the, trip whatever you can. SPARE i will not be. Picky did we already do? This teslin came and said thank you for your, help And matt, said take some, horses.
Speaker 2: Because that was.
Speaker 1: Nice jolene has now come in, gone all, right fuck, You i'm out of. Here CAN i have some? HORSES i don't get. Any no nobody in town would sell you any. Huh all, Right matt, said at least you asked nicely this, time, THOUGH i can see how hard it was for. YOU i promised some To tesla already you can have some, too and it will be worth it to have you bloody women out of my. Hair all, right that was very, Nice thank. You, however a word of advice considering the company you often. Keep you might want to learn to control your. Language, oh he just is your FAVOR i get.
Speaker 2: It but LIKE i get that he's being kind of, Rude but you are also kind of being.
Speaker 1: Rude considering the COMPANY i keep all too. Often it's bloody. AMAZING i don't swear more off with, You. JOLINE i need to write a letter to herrayal bloody, Majesty Queen elaine the Prim And juline, goes all, right you're gonna swear it hurt, too, probably of COURSE i. Am how else are you gonna trust it's really for?
Speaker 2: Me that's.
Speaker 1: Funny uh that's the end of chapter. Nine let's talk about the golemb a little bit. More let's talk About Joline matt a little. Bit maybe maybe, Not maybe we don't need to talk About Joline matt, anymore but anything else you want to talk. About you just picked up a cork with your toe and dropped it and now it's on the. Floor, yes beautiful. Cork. Uh so he is planning to kill the, golamb and he is planning to write To, elaine.
Speaker 2: How are we planning to kill a?
Speaker 1: Golamb how could you kill the?
Speaker 2: Golamb very. CAREFULLY i don't, know sizzle it to, death just press the thing into his? Forehead would that be enough for the BEST i don't, know BUT i can't think of another good way to do. Anything you can't really imprison it, Right, well what if he chopped its head, off dropped its homes, off chopped its legs, off threw them in a bunch of different.
Speaker 1: PLACES i think they just roll back. Together weigh it. Down it's real fucking. Strong weighed it down a, Lot Giles, cory it.
Speaker 2: Can, okay what else is the medallion? Made what can we get another?
Speaker 1: Medallion that would require somebody who could duplicate Tary.
Speaker 2: Angreel what if we go to The? Finn we, go, hey, finn, UH i need three? Things One moraine back, right?
Speaker 1: Okay? Two well that again the deals. Thing you have to go through the door for.
Speaker 2: That, yeah but we're not doing the. Door, Okay so how do we figure out how to so because we obviously need another fox?
Speaker 1: Head, yeah but that would require somebody who Knew.
Speaker 2: WELL i was, like maybe that's why we're writing a letter To. Elaine make a bunch of, them or make a super, One like can we like make a make make like a figure out like what it's made, of and make like a weapon out of it of some, kind maybe like a.
Speaker 1: Scythe, oh so like make it out of a sharp metal and hope that it wouldn't it would cause a. Rise, Basically, yeah that's an interesting.
Speaker 2: Idea, yeah something good or like a well he's he's got that bostaff. Thing everybody always talks a lot about how good he is WITH i don't, Know i'm just thinking off the top of my. Head i'm, like he's got to Make, yeah they got to make a weapon so that they can kill the golom with. It so if he lets her thoughts around with the Fox head medallion for a little while and just poke at, it maybe she can make something out of the same material or, whatever like figure out what it's made out of or how it's, made and then make something else with.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: MAYBE i, mean she knows how to do that with a lot of other shit she.
Speaker 1: Has she is kind of a magical.
Speaker 2: Engineer, yeah So i'm, like why not be, like, hey can you make like a sword of this so THAT i don't get fucked by the, way not a, sword, like, well it have to be a spearhead, right because we got the schondarray, Right, yeah could we get like the other side of the chondraaie to have, like.
Speaker 1: How are you pronouncing? It the chondraraie a shonda. Rye that's WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Said you, SAID i said A Shondarrai.
Speaker 1: OKAY i thought you were just saying The.
Speaker 2: Oh i'm JUST i just like clipped it BECAUSE i was. Speaking all, good But i'm just. Curious, no you're. FINE i know it's the. Chondarraie so the could we get the other side to be like a blade that coulde kill?
Speaker 1: Golam, well you couldn't really walk with it. ANYMORE i mean it's also a walking. STICK i mean, MAYBE i, MEAN I i it's a it's a reasonable assumption that if you could make a bar right.
Speaker 2: Nice stuff something that he could carry, around that.
Speaker 1: Is a totally reasonable.
Speaker 2: ASSUMPTION i just that's WHAT i feel like should. Happen maybe that's why he had to stay for the golamb, yeah like to get to get a weapon to fight, one because, otherwise if he were like out on the, road that probably would have fucked him up worse. Somehow maybe MAYBE i don't. KNOW i THINK i think there's a longer game being played here With, Varren like how long has he been there at this? Point like a?
Speaker 1: Week? Yeah, ish not terribly. Long.
Speaker 2: YEAH i feel like we're gonna learn later in the month why he's.
Speaker 1: There. Yeah what if he gets all the way to day thirty and just fucks off and nothing. Happens well satisfying is what if this is just A Robert JORDAN i needed the timelines to work. Out you, know.
Speaker 2: Here's the. Thing at this point either, WAY i wouldn't be, surprised BUT i do feel Like Brandon sanderson is at the helm at this. Point BUT i feel like he has a lot more to. Prove, Yeah like he doesn't have the luxury of getting to, like you, know be, like oh that was. Nothing actually he had to keep floor beans, though, YEAH i had. To but but here's the. Thing here's the. THING i doubt that there's two floor, beans like floor beans served a. Purpose as weird as it, WAS.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you'd come to defend floor.
Speaker 2: Beans i'm not defending floor.
Speaker 1: Beans first.
Speaker 2: Stop. Stop you KNOW i hate that more than anyone.
Speaker 1: HERE i.
Speaker 2: Do but here's the. Thing here's the thing from a from a plot, perspective there was some there was some reason behind the floor beans a little, bit. RIGHT i just feel Like brandon doesn't have the luxury of being able to be like and that plot point meant nothing probably, not you, know like because he hasn't earned that like Thing Robert jordan. Has we're Like jordan to really do that for the first five. Books that was like later on that he was, Like, okay some of this stuff is just kind of. Nothing H, yeah like he kind of at that point had like a captive audience at that. Point, yeah Like, Brandon brandon's still pretty early. Career at this, Point.
Speaker 1: Brandon had written The launtras and Missed BORN i think when he started, These, yeah that's not very far in oh he'd.
Speaker 2: Written considering how many books he has since.
Speaker 1: Published like two, books three, Maybe.
Speaker 2: So i'm feeling Like i'm feeling like this has to go somewhere because this also doesn't Feel robert jordany to.
Speaker 1: Me the time thing the way thirty, Days.
Speaker 2: Oh, well that might Be Robert, jordan BUT i feel Like brandon has to make that payoff. Somehow he plus like a letter from varn is going to be like, Interesting like He's varen's a fun character to play. With SO i feel like he's not going to miss the opportunity to play with because this is his first, book, right no necessary second, book BUT i feel like he's not going to miss the opportunity to play With varren some.
Speaker 1: More was the first thing he looked, up you, know was Whether varon was good or? Read what Is up With? Aaron was the first thing he looked.
Speaker 2: Up it's, Great, yeah of course that'd be my first thing.
Speaker 1: Too there's three, THINGS i, think three things that he said he knows that he's not going to tell people or he's going to space. Out he did reveal one of them two years.
Speaker 2: Ago wait, wait, wait wait What there's a few.
Speaker 1: Like secrets That brandon knows That he's, like, YES i know these, things BUT i don't want to tell you what they are. Yet. Question but the books are. Done YES i. Know but a few years ago there was like he did this whole thing where he was, like here's a SECRET i happened to, know and he told people this, thing and the for the most, part the reaction has, Been, oh we're gonna pretend that's not. True what is? IT i can't tell. YOU i can tell you after we finished the. Books, oh it's it was a divisive thing that he. Revealed, Wow i'm.
Speaker 2: Interested, yes Well i'm getting.
Speaker 1: There you are getting, there OBVIOUSLY i. Can't i'm.
Speaker 2: Worried i'm immediately going to be, Like i'm going to pretend those own.
Speaker 1: Room you, might, right you. Might, okay it's it's it's a it's a reveal where he, WENT i thought people would pick up on, this and everyone, went what the fuck are you talking? About, Huh, well apparently maybe you'll pick up on whatever this thing is when you read to.
Speaker 2: It Maybe i've been known to pick up on stuff that people you. Have, yes, Anyway, okay we gotta cheat our way Into. Genji i'm going to figure out how we're doing. THAT i gotta think about, it. THOUGH i Think dread's fucking around with with the people from The. North like, otherwise it just doesn't make any, fuck which is. Fine otherwise it just doesn't make any fucking. SOUND i don't feel like this reveal is going to be that.
Speaker 1: Satisfying The Damon dread.
Speaker 2: One, yeah BECAUSE i can't think of a of a reveal that would be satisfying to.
Speaker 1: Me it's either going to be a foregone conclusion or a what the fuck is? This, yeah which would you? Prefer?
Speaker 2: Well a foregone conclusion BECAUSE i like being, right that's. Fair BUT i don't. KNOW i would like it if they surprised. ME i don't, know but like sometimes the surprise like doesn't feel. Earned do you know WHAT i? Mean SO i kind of would like it to feel Your, YEAH i don't, Know i'm down for.
Speaker 1: Whatever very an example of a surprise not feeling, EARNED i guess spoilers for whatever you're about to talk, about but make it a big. Property you Can't.
Speaker 2: NOW i can't think of anything a surprise not feeling earned BECAUSE i tend to forget about them really fast IF i don't like how it went, down Because i'm, LIKE i don't have room in my head for. Negativity that's. Fair surprise it doesn't feel earned in this in this?
Speaker 1: Series, No, no BECAUSE i, LIKE i know some people say that The army of The dead In return of The king the movie doesn't feel.
Speaker 2: Earned that's that's a good. Example, yeah because they never talk about it before and they don't talk about it. After it has very little like it just feels like a plot. Device HAVE i told you how to The? Odyssey what doesn't feel earned in The? Odyssey in the actual, book, yeah, okay the the thing that doesn't feel, Well but the ending doesn't feel earned when he kills, Everybody, no when the relatives of those people him, up they.
Speaker 1: Do zeus comes in and he's justs, okay we're.
Speaker 2: Done, yeah that doesn't feel. Earned where Has zeus been all this? Time, well he's completely uninterested up until. Now all the book opens.
Speaker 1: With him, saying, Okay ifena go get, him.
Speaker 2: Okay and then he fucks off for the entire, Book, like, yeah pretty, much it doesn't feel. Earned do you know what the.
Speaker 1: Do you know how the the armies the dead work in the, books by the, way it's completely. Different tell. Me they go through The Dimald. Road they get to this hill And Araic gorn, like you don't see like. Anything Araic gorn like talks TO i think he like puts his sword in the, ground or he like talks to just off a hill to like to the, wind and like maybe you see a ghost or, too maybe, Not but it's very implied and not shown that anything is even. Happening like there's No pirates of The caribbean, ghosts there's no. Nothing and then later at The battle Of Pilinar, fields the same thing is, happening where the battle is, happening and then the tide. Turns the tide, turns the tide, turns and then the ships show, up and you, go, oh, no we're completely. Fucked but then instead of it being an army of green, ghosts men from Dol amroth get out because essentially what happens is there's the, pirates The corsairs Of umbar coming, up and then the ghosts just scare. Them the ghosts appear and scare them so hard they jump out of their ships and.
Speaker 2: Drown, yes you've told me.
Speaker 1: This and then the men at Dol amroth get in the ships and sail up to.
Speaker 2: Help can't talk about an ISSUE i have Always i'm thinking about The odyssey.
Speaker 1: Stuff, okay that's. Fine. Listen i'm comfortable Spoiling. ALI i have me ship Because I'm. BABYLON i DIDN'T i didn't want to. Mythology, Okay but here's the. Thing the people listening to this. PODCAST i have very high confidence basically everybody listening to this podcast knows the story of The. Odyssey people watching THAT i want to spoil the.
Speaker 2: Odyssey i'm just gonna talk about very well known story about the like cassandree About, ifigenia, right And clytemnestra's all piste off Because agamemnon killed his Daughter pigenia in order to ensure safe. Passage, right good wins or whatever the fuck us because men are literally doing the. Most no one asked him to do ship, anyway so he was just, LIKE i know what to. Do i'm like a fatted calf would have also probably been. Acceptable they tried, it all, Right, still that's such. Bullshit then clearly you're not meant to go sure anyway?
Speaker 1: Anyway what were you gonna we're gonna does? THAT i feel.
Speaker 2: NO i feel justice For clydemnestra because if anyone has a fucking reason to kill their fucking husband when he comes, home it's her and only to be turned around and killed by her son or restes over a dude he probably barely fucking, knew because that man had been gone fifteen fucking years at that. Point how many? Years ten? Years he got home pretty, fast, okay so he hasn't seen this man in ten. Years the last thing that guy did when he was, home was kill his fucking.
Speaker 1: Sister do? That didn't do that at? Home.
Speaker 2: Okay last thing the guy, did, though was, that like was in living memory of those, people was kill his fucking. Sister and he's, like and his mom rightfully so kill handed. Him is asked for that and killed it the motherfucker and took a, lover, which by the, Way i'm on her side about. Also. Okay so then right then this fucking kid who she raised for the past ten years turns around and is, Like i'm not cool with you killing my, child killing, father So i'm gonna kill you. Back arrestes is a dumb. Ass arrestes is a. Fuckhead tell Me i'm, wrong you Will i'm. Sorry things don't exactly turn out well for.
Speaker 1: Him, good he's a. Head you know How agamemnon, ends, right he? Dies no With, Arrestes what do you mean he gets chased away by the. Furies. Good the furies show up and start chasing, him as they.
Speaker 2: Should the furies are always. Based tell Me i'm. Wrong the furies always know what to. Do we should have furies of yourst. Diet, OKAY i would volunteer to be a fury and Chase matt around when they're acting like. Bullshit.
Speaker 1: Agamemnon uh, Yeah erestes comes, back Kills, clydemnestra ur reunites With electra many years. LATER i haven't read this in a. While this is in The Libatian.
Speaker 2: Bearers i'm just Saying i'm On clydemnestra's side. HERE i think that she was deeply wronged by both of these. Mets she. Was she raised a son who wasn't. Shit, like if there's one time where you're, like, yeah you know, what, mom he deserved to, die it's. This it's, This, Dad i'd be, like thank GOD i wasn't born a. Girl what it could have been?
Speaker 1: Me he forgot about the. Humenities, Okay so in The, you the third one is about the development of the judicial system In athenian. Society orestus is, hunting tormented by the. Furies The tree Of goddess Is Da Da DA d D. D they relentlessly pursue arrestues the killing of his mother through The International Apollo. Arrest he's able to escape them for a brief moment while they're asleep Because apolo basically told, him, hey go kill your.
Speaker 2: Mom the Escape i'd be, like why's ghost comes to wake up the furies to obtain justice on her son arrestees for killing, her which sounds like she also needs to get justice On apollo for Suggesting.
Speaker 1: Arrestes pleads to the Goddess athena her. Help she responds by setting up a trial for him In. Athens oh my, God orestes was a trial dummy By, athena to said the first courtroom. Trial after the trial comes to, end the votes are, Tied athena cast the deciding vote determines arrestus will not be. Killed this does not sit last your, furies But athena eventually persuades them to accept the. Decision instead of violently retaliating against, wrongdoers they become a constructive force of vigilance In. Athens she then changes their names from the furies to The, humenities which means the gracious. Ones athena then rules all trials must henceforth be settled in court rather than being carried out. Personally that's. Cool, no that's actually that's cool because they that this is because The. Oristaia the whole thing of The orestaya is he kills, her and then she kills him because he killed, her and then he kills her because she killed, him because he killed, her and then the furies are gonna kill him because he killed, her because she killed him because he killed, Her and Then athena is, like what if instead we had to.
Speaker 2: Try this family On Jerry Springer, Frankly, yeah because.
Speaker 1: Well let's, See.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that that was kind of, Bullshit like because, listen if there was one person THAT i think gets a pass forgetting to murder, somebody it's a. MOTHER i, THINK i think who his child was sacrificed for a bullshit fucking reason by the person who she's married.
Speaker 1: TO i Think clydemnestra does get a. Pass but here's my, question how do you feel About? Hamlet what do.
Speaker 2: You, mean like him killing Freaking claudius.
Speaker 1: And indirectly causing the death of his.
Speaker 2: MOTHER i think he gets a pass for that. One Not polonius, Though, no that one was. Bullshit but like For, claudius you don't want to get, killed don't kill. Somebody that's kind of my, Vibe.
Speaker 1: Okay but if you don't want to get, killed don't kill. Somebody why does that not apply To clydemnestra.
Speaker 2: Because he killed her baby, first and she probably would have been okay With she was, like she was, like you know, What i'm okay with potentially getting killed for this. One And i'm, like who are We it's just like it's just bullshit that it was her own.
Speaker 1: Son how do we feel About?
Speaker 2: Medea, oh that was fucked. Up that was fucked. Up she killed those babies for no, reason Like jason was a cheating. Asshole but we we all know that the answer is not they kill kill your. Kids that's we know that's not the. Answer we know what the answer on that.
Speaker 1: One throughout all three of these of these tragedies is don't kill your.
Speaker 2: Kids do not kill your. Kids that's a terrible. Idea this podcast is against. Infanticide and we're not afraid.
Speaker 1: To come out What i'm. Saying all cheers to that we.
Speaker 2: Are we are not here for. It like there's like a disturbing and weird amount Of greek tragedies that have to do with killing. Kids And i'm, like let's, not let's, not let's not do. That what are the ones in full of?
Speaker 1: Killings there's a, ton.
Speaker 2: There's a ton like that woman who like who had like all those, kids And artemis That apollo killed all those kids because she was like talking shit about the fact that the other lady only had twins and she had like fourteen fucking, kids and so they were, Like i'm gonna kill all your, kids and then she cried so much she became like a waterfall or some.
Speaker 1: SHIT i don't remember this. One, yeah, Oh Artemist apollo Killing niobe's, Children, Naobi oh, WOW i forgot about this.
Speaker 2: One, yeah she was talking shit and then they were, like you know what we're gonna. Do in, Response we're gonna kill all your, kids which is. Crazy there was like fourteen fucking. Kids that's too. Many just kill her, instead like what, yeah oh twenty, kids that's too.
Speaker 1: Many twelve to. Twenty, yeah but, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then she cried or. Something she cried so.
Speaker 1: Much oh It's hubris, Again, allio it's.
Speaker 2: Always fucking well what did she?
Speaker 1: Become, Uh?
Speaker 2: Niobi, yeah she became like a. Thing let's sa they turned her into something because you wouldn't stop. Crying i'm telling. You Was astianax getting thrown off the fucking.
Speaker 1: Wall, god of, course ASTIAN i forgot about.
Speaker 2: A, Yeah i'm not done. Either fucking A, well this one wasn't in, fantaside but it was. Attempted they threw A festus as an infant From Mount olympus because he was.
Speaker 1: Deformed yeah that. Did, yeah let me.
Speaker 2: See i'm not even. Done i'm not even. Done but these aren't, plays he, said plays Plays, NO i said, Stories.
Speaker 1: Oh, Stories well, SURE i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i can't remember WHAT i, said but, okay Askedian, axe, like let's not forget fucking Of. Pijania there's. More there's a lot of baby killing In greek. Tragedies they were killing everybody and attempts to kill. Babies hara was trying to kill every baby That zeus. Had they had to hide every baby from.
Speaker 1: Her that didn't work out so good for.
Speaker 2: Her, yeah they had hide every baby from. Her there were, more but those are WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Have that's. Enough that's An you, KNOW i really Studied greek plays a lot in. College there's. More there's my favorite one is Uh, philiptitis which is just a guy Hates odysseus because he like abandoned him on an. Island was he super?
Speaker 2: Creepy didn't he like chase a bunch of nymphs around and they had to turn into trees just to get away from them because men can't take A, no was that?
Speaker 1: Him? NO i don't think. So was That? Pan that sounds Like? Pan Philip tities was just a. Dude he's he's he's a he's a satyr In, Oh hercules killed all his.
Speaker 2: Kids oh he did.
Speaker 1: Twice, yeah That's harr's fault both, TIMES i, know because she was fucked. Up parah made him go nuts and murder his wife and children twice.
Speaker 2: After the first. TIME i would not get married. Again who is marrying this man after he did?
Speaker 1: That he's really.
Speaker 2: HOT i don't. Care philikettes he had a god, women we gotta do. Better, oh he got more.
Speaker 1: Chances he gets spit by a snake and then the snake bite smells really, BAD i. Think and then they abandon him on this island and he gets really pissed off Because odysseus, says, yeah let's fucking leave this guy on this. Island he gets really, mad but he has a cool bow and, arrow and so they need to go get the bow and, arrow and it Is he's, like, okay, shit we got to figure out how to get the bow and arrow back from this.
Speaker 2: Guy and then there was all the sacrificing of the young people to the minute tar. H well that was that was that was a Crete, Yeah i'm, saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Anyway i'm sorry that we've.
Speaker 2: We've got killing young people.
Speaker 1: KILLING i have no qualms about going this far. Field this was a good chapter and that go. ALONG i don't even know HOW i got. Here how DO i get on?
Speaker 2: Class? OH i was just pissed off about. THAT i JUST i just continuously think that that's such. Bullshit, no it. Is, oh and then we of course, Media, YEAH I, SMA i, know But i'm just bringing her up Because jason fucked someone, else which, NO i was messed.
Speaker 1: Up jason, said, Hey i'm leaving you for someone. Else, Okay i'm not defending her decision to kill her.
Speaker 2: That he wasn't fucking her on the.
Speaker 1: Side i'm not defending her decision to kill her. CHILDREN i will also, say don't marry a witch have multiple children with, her and then Say i'm abandoning.
Speaker 2: You, well that's also that's also, Stupid like don't don't cheat on a. Witch that's a terrible. Idea don't marry a witch and then cheat on. Her you better be sure that you're going to be with that woman for the rest of your. Life don't fuck her. Out you will find, out especially in The greek.
Speaker 1: Times the episode title is going to be don't marry a witch and people are going to be so.
Speaker 2: Confused well because you're married.
Speaker 1: Anyway uh get married to a spooky.
Speaker 2: Girl, wait, okay so NOW i feel like there's more.
Speaker 1: Stories, well well we'll think about that the. Dissertation i'm gonna upload this real. Quick thanks for listening. Everybody we have social media if you want to know what we got going, on sink. Below we also have A patreon if you want to support us that. Way it's patreon dot com slash wheel take so you can always leave us a rating or review if you. Want it helps a lot other than that at anything, Else sally.
Speaker 2: Justice For, quidemnestra like for, real that's such.
Speaker 1: Bullshit thanks for listening, Everyone bye bye no