Speaker 1: Hey, guys, what's up.
Speaker 2: I'm Ben and I'm Nicole and you're listening to Wicked and Grim, a true.
Speaker 1: Crime podcast.
Speaker 3: Morning. The following podcast content and material intent more mature audience listener dis question, got it?
Speaker 2: Got it, didn't nail it, but you got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I brain farted, my bad. Yeah, what's up, guys? How's it going? Welcome, Welcome to Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: Thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got one hell of a case today. I thought it was very suiting for Halloween coming out up.
Speaker 2: So I just found out what it was. What it is five minutes ago. I'm pumped.
Speaker 1: Well, I put off researching really far this time again. I got home from work and I've been just researching like crazy. Yeah, and now we.
Speaker 2: Have Maybe this might be the latest.
Speaker 1: I think so, because we have less than two hours before I has to go live and we're recording right now.
Speaker 2: So it broke your own record, I think I did.
Speaker 1: But what else? We got lots to drop? We got Patreon patreons, patrons got we gotta thank here. I got to bring up my list because if you guys didn't know, I'm sure you already do because we've said it a couple times before we didn't stay on social media yet, so we still don't do that.
Speaker 2: We need to do a post.
Speaker 1: We have a total of twenty three patrons now over on Patreon's we're going to get the down low and all behind the scenes stuff Drunk, Wicked and Grim, which is coming up next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're recording it this.
Speaker 1: Weekend and that's only available to patrons, so if you want to catch that, which I think we should do a video for it. We should do an actual like video.
Speaker 2: I think no, maybe next time. I think it's just gonna be voice. No, let's ease into this.
Speaker 1: We're doing. Have to look at us, Yeah, they do. They want to see how ridiculous this is gonna get. It's gonna get ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Your eyebrows get really high right when you're drunk.
Speaker 1: The more I drink, the higher my eyebrows raise up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, pay attention to Ben's eyebrows.
Speaker 1: If if I look like I'm my eyebrows are trying to hold my eyelids open, and then I'm drunk. Okay, So to thank the patrons, and I'm gonna go ahead and say this right now. We're terrible with names, so We're probably gonna pronounce your names wrong, but we're gonna try. And why I say we, are you gonna read? Because I just have a list in my hand.
Speaker 2: No, you're you fly at her.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try. Okay, So we have Meghan Moynhan, moynihan. There we go, Meghan moynihan first, first one. I already sucked up, yay, Meghan Hailey, Everhardt, j C. Harrison, Meghan Rosick, Meghan Moore, Jennifer Pruski, Kimberly, Kylie Bergen, Elizabeth LeBlanc, Jade Venette, Sean Rana, Rana. I think Amanda Sayer, Katie Whittaker, Larissa Emmons who like shout Out. We've known her for a while, met her down in Mexico like ten or Jamaica like ten years ago. She's awesome. Bronson Ramos who also awesome. Listen Vancouver. If you need a tattoo artist, I've gone to him a few times. Cool guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very cool.
Speaker 1: Also, if you ask him to, he will do the truffle shuffle on the spot. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I actually didn't know.
Speaker 1: That he will. Yeah. And Cassandra fury Sweet, I hope I pronounce you guys. His name's right. You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for all your support. You guys are incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually it blows me away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're kind of like blown away, like ridiculously blown away.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: You guys are going to get some access to some cool stuff. You've already got some cool stuff. And of course Drunk, Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: I think that's like the selling point one very much. Well, honestly, just getting an extra episode a month is pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Extra episode when we start ads will be a free and our little pre recording to each episode when we're testing our mics and stuff, we a little bit of banter going that we post that there too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so no it's weird shit. Yeah, okay, So I'm going to do my joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, do your joke.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to do a joke like every time, but someone actually submitted a joke, so I'm like, I'm not freaking do a joke again. So this is Katie from She's from What the Psychology? Are You Ready?
Speaker 1: Which is another podcast.
Speaker 2: It's another podcast. It's another podcast. I think we've actually put it. We shutted it out on our stories or something before. But she's awesome, and the joke that she submitted it goes. You probably know the answer, but so just don't say we're going to give them a minute after I read okay, okay, why did the skeleton go to the movies alone?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know. Do tell why Why.
Speaker 2: Would they have gone to the movies alone? Because he had nobody to go with? Oh to do?
Speaker 1: Wow? What do you call a man with no body and no nose?
Speaker 3: Nobody?
Speaker 1: No nos, nobody knows?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, thanks Katie, that's cool.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Do you have any other bombs you get to drop? Of course, Halloween's coming out Halloween week. Tell us what's what's happening the down low.
Speaker 2: Because we've dropped it a little bit before. But anyway, it starts next Monday, on the twenty fifth. That would be this. I don't know this is coming out on Tuesday. It starts on the following Monday, so the twenty fifth, and it's literally seven days of us putting some cool shit out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven days, seven straight days, So.
Speaker 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 1: All epic Halloween stuff.
Speaker 2: So and they might not be like full episodes, but some might just be minis, just like fun little things to help celebrate Halloween.
Speaker 1: We're not too concerned with the length on those episodes. It's just going to be what it is and hopefully you guys enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 1: I've got some cool ones. I'm starting out with Robert the Doll. I've dropped that set of Halloween. So that's one of my favorite paranormal cases.
Speaker 2: Like ever, so to someone in here is obsessed with Halloween, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder who it is this guy right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just a tiny bit obsessed a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So are you ready for this case?
Speaker 2: I am one hundred percent ready.
Speaker 1: I don't think you are. This is this is Craig Cray. Really, he's fucking Craig Cray. Yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna like it or dislike it?
Speaker 1: Well, you'll dislike it. I don't know if anyone should technically like this, you know what I mean? But like you may enjoy the story.
Speaker 2: It's a good story, but I like a good story.
Speaker 1: This dude is fucking twisted. He did a lot of shit, okay, and he is known as the candy Man.
Speaker 2: The candy Man.
Speaker 1: The candy Man is.
Speaker 2: Not an awqua song? But is it is the Candy Man an aqua song.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe I could be getting that wrong anyway, carry on, sorry, and all I can think of is cartoon heroes and Doctor Jones it was the only and Barbie Girl. Maybe it is. Maybe it's a song. Anyways, while you're looking it up, I'm going to start here. Okay. So Fort Wayne, Indiana born on Christmas Eve of nineteen thirty nine. By the way, he was the first child of Arnold Edwin Coral and Mary Robinson. Dean Coral grew up and became a candy man.
Speaker 2: It's called Lollipop.
Speaker 1: Lollipop Okay, go yeah, okay. So the home that Dean kind of grew up in wasn't the most ideal household. It was kind of a combative home. His parents quarreled constantly. They were actually divorced while Coral was still an infant. Sorry I had his last name there, well, Dean Coral was still an infant. Yeah, and then they remarried after World War tea war te wow, I am fucking up royally today World War two, but Dean's father provided no stabilizing influence, regarding his children with like thinly veiled distaste sort of thing. It's just like whatever, They're just things mostly.
Speaker 2: So that sounds nice, yeah.
Speaker 1: And he had resorts like really harsh punishments for like the smallest things, which was like total douche move. So so anyways, when the couple ended up separating for the second time, This was when Dean was seven and his youngest brother, Stanley, moved with him and his mother to Houston.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: They were left with a series of sitters, you know, babysitters taken over and watching them while their mom was working to try and support the family on their own. Deans Dean seemed to adjust to the change, doing well in school, described by his teachers as polite, well behaved. However, he ended up developed sorry, just like brain farted for a second. He ended up developing rheumatic fever, which left him with like a heart condition, resulting in frequent absences from school. Okay, so he seemed to welcome the change pretty well. When his mother actually remarried to a traveling clock salesman named Jake West, Oh fun the name or the job.
Speaker 2: The job. I don't know why you want to be a traveling clock, really, I feel like that be super fun.
Speaker 1: Go sell some clocks and watches. Yeah, and together they ended up having a third child.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 1: Eventually the whole family had moved to Vedoor, Texas, where they opened a candy making business named Pecan Price, and soon it expanded to become their livelihood. There, Dean and his brother Stanley began to work part time making candy, and Dean was generous with samples, handing it out to local kids as he sought to win new friends.
Speaker 2: So this is a Texas case.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: We've done a lot of Texas. We had in the last few Hey, you guys.
Speaker 1: Spawned some weird people who do some fucked up shit.
Speaker 2: I feel like out of the last four, I think three of them have been Texas.
Speaker 1: Really. I did this one specifically because Candy Man and Halloween that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, because doctor Death was and then the yogurt chop murders.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, you're right. Yeah, we're gonna have to steer clear, steer clean.
Speaker 2: We'll give Texas a little break after this.
Speaker 1: We're coming down on your heart. Okay, So Following Dean's graduation in the summer of nineteen fifty eight, the family moved to Houston and open shop for their candy business. So it was rather than just like making it in like a warehouse or whatever the situation was, they actually at a storefront.
Speaker 2: Now cool.
Speaker 1: However, Dean's mother's happy new marriage began to face a little bit of difficulties in nineteen sixty two, and then in nineteen sixty three, the marriage fell apart and she was once again divorced. Dang so Mary, which Dean's mom decided that she would open her own candy business or old candy company and made and made Dean vice president. Which I just want to throw this out there. This is a fucking boss move. She's either like, you know, like fuck you in this divorce thing. I'm gonna take over the candy monopoly. Now I'm gonna do better. It's just like, I don't almost that a spike sort of thing, like a big old fuck you to her ex husband. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it's very interesting.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, it's kind of like dick move, but boss moves like you go girl all at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a combination isn't it.
Speaker 1: It is so the same same year she opened the shop, Though one of the employees, who was a teenage boy, complained about Dean making sexual advances towards him. She ignored the accusations, however, and simply just fired the boy. Okay, now this might be key here. Maybe this shows that she turned a blind i to her son and his odd behaviors earlier in life. It's kind of like kind of two things here. It could be either she loved her son and was just blind to the thing that he was doing, or she was in denial being like, nope, not my son, now, my precious little boy. You know, he would never do that except so it could be one of those two things, whether she just didn't see it or was in denial about it. Okay, either way, I mean, could be telling a little bit of his his future and how he was up his upbringing sort of thing. I don't know, or maybe I'm just reading too far into it. Hard to say anyways. A year later, in nineteen sixty four, despite his heart condition, Dean was drafted into the US military and he was assigned to Fort Polk, Lose, Louisiana for a ten month training regiment. I need water.
Speaker 2: I have some deal. Oh please, it's just like a water bottle.
Speaker 1: Please do please do so for a ten month training regiment while I can't talk. While there, he openly discovered his homosexuality and had his first sexual relations. Wow, okay, talk for a second. I gotta take a.
Speaker 2: Step out of your pink water bottle. Yep, suits yeah, I like it. I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm still in sober October, so I can't have a beer right now. I know.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at you, you're actually doing it amazing, Thank you, like well done. And I'm drinking less only because I just like you, don't I don't know. I guess I don't tend to drink alone.
Speaker 1: Fair fair Okay. So, ten months into his service, Dean would be successful in an application for a quote unquote hardship discharge after explaining that he needed to leave to help his mom at the.
Speaker 2: Store, the candy store, candy shop.
Speaker 1: So he was honorably discharged, and for several more years, Dean continued to work at the candy shop and would continue to make advances towards male employees. He also continued his habit of handing out extra samples to kids as he continued his work, earning him the infamous name the candy.
Speaker 2: Man, the candy man because he liked to give extra samples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd hand out candy and he was doing he was giving out those samples to befriend the kids. Right. It started out when they were his age, But as he's getting older, he's still giving out the samples to these kids, befriending these little kids.
Speaker 2: Is this some terrible foreshadowing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Fuck, yeah, oh god.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So in the back of the business, Dean ended up bringing in a pool table where employees and friends could hang out. Many of the teenage boys Deaton was befriending through the candy business didn't really have much to speak of for a place to go, as many were runaways or troubled youth, so it became a regular hangout. Dean was said to be openly and obviously flirtatious with many of the boys.
Speaker 2: And I'm assuming they were like underage boys.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, to put into perspective here, we're getting into one particular case. In nineteen sixty seven, Dean met twelve year old David Owen Brooks through the shop and its hangout. The two quickly became close friends. But like I said, David's twelve and Dean at this time is twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just gonna be like how old.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, he's almost thirty.
Speaker 2: Interesting, okay, So that's I mean, if it was just kind of like a big brother, like because you know, there's that program and stuff, and you're really kind of mentoring and just like guiding this person, but it doesn't sound like it's well, it's that well.
Speaker 1: The two would spend a lot of time together, doing various things like trips and such, and through it all, David like admired Dean, looking up to him to the point of like considering him a substitute father. Okay, because a lot remember a lot of these kids are you know, trouble used and that sort of thing. So I'm sure he didn't really have a father figure. So to David, Dean was that father figure.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: However, the relationship took a bit of a darker turn in nineteen sixty nine. Over the course of the past two years, Dean groomed David and steadily built his trust. Then Dean bribed and paid David to perform oral sex.
Speaker 2: So okay, Okay, we went there.
Speaker 1: We went there. Yeah, there are reports that this happened multiple times, always with a bribe as means to have David keep quiet about it. I really want to say it as well. I didn't want to say. As I was typing that sentence, I was like, always as a bribe as means to keep David's mouth shut. But I was like, no, that doesn't quite work for what he's bribing him for.
Speaker 2: So then.
Speaker 1: It didn't work, so I changed it to keep quiet about Sorry. It just that's how I was writing it, and I'm like, no, that doesn't sound right.
Speaker 2: These poor boys are looking up to him and he's just like totally taken advantage definitely, and like so they're thinking he's this awesome dude and just wants to hang out and help them, and he's just not it has does not have good intentions.
Speaker 1: Yes, although he is openly flirtatious with a lot of them, so I'm sure that a lot of them are aware of that and they're like pretty leary of them. But some of them maybe.
Speaker 2: They just desperately want someone like to guide them and beats have someone to look up to though yep.
Speaker 1: So oh, anyways, not long after the Coral Candy Company closed its doors, Dean moved on to get another job. He was doing testing electrical relay systems out of Houston Lighting and Power Company, which sounds like a pretty dope job. I'm sure you can get some good money out of that. But in nineteen sixty nine, when David turned thirty, he seemed to undergo a sudden shift in personality, becoming very hyper sensitive and glum and kind of darker and sadder, kind of sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: He continued to spend his time with teenage boys like David, and he passed out free candy all around.
Speaker 2: Oh so, even though he doesn't have this business, he's still all about the candy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he still passed out candy.
Speaker 2: Okay, that just seems like creepy now, hey, well it's kind of his thing, a candy man, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Not only that, he would also host glue and paint sniffing parties at his apartment for these boys.
Speaker 2: That's a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeahuf huff the fumes get high. Really yeah. Okay, Like I said, he kind of shifting his personality a little bit darker.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, no kidding. I liked it when he was just handing out candy when he actually had a candy store though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now he's just tougher. He's huffing fumes handing out candy in his apartment to kids.
Speaker 2: That's like just creeper. Oh, like the creep radar.
Speaker 1: Is just just going off.
Speaker 2: Now it's like at the very top now, like it's it's like it can't go much further. Yeah, it probably is going to though.
Speaker 1: All right, well let's keep going. So at the same time, he displayed a bit more of a sadistic streak leaning towards bondage kinks in his sexual relationships with these young men and boys.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: On September twenty fifth, nineteen seventy, Dean picked up a hitchhiker by the name of Jeffrey Conan, who was an eighteen year old student at the University of Texas. Now, do you have any idea where this is going?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think that he's I don't know, I don't know. I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 1: This is a classic don't go hitchhiking because Dean didn't take Jeffrey to where he was looking to go. Yeah, Instead, Dean abducted him and Jeffrey's body was later found on August tenth, nineteen seventy three, buried on a nearby high island beach in Texas.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, Okay, I thought that maybe he would just like have raped him or something and not had actually killed him.
Speaker 1: Well, he was found under a large rock and was covered in a layer of lime, wrapped in plastic, naked and bound hand, bound hands and feet with nylon cord, suggesting that he had been violated. His body showed that he had been strangled to death by hand, and a cloth gag was in his mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh geez.
Speaker 1: So it was certainly a rough way to go, needless to.
Speaker 2: Say, Yeah, I know, hitchhiking, Like I know, some people are just they need it or whatever, right, but gosh, it just puts you in such a dangerous position. Yeah, it is the amount of times you hear about hit going wrong that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy scary. So around the same time of this incident with Jeffrey, in nineteen seventy David walked in on Dean in the middle of raping two teenage boys, Holy shit, who he had bound and strapped to a quote unquote torture board in his bedroom. Dean somehow managed to convince David not to say a word through years of building the trust, or maybe because David was promised a carr in return for his silence.
Speaker 2: Holy car is kind of a big deal. Yeah, that's bad though, So David accepted the terms.
Speaker 1: He accepted the offer and kept his mouth shut. Dean went on to continue to sexually assault the boys and murdering them shortly after.
Speaker 2: What like, really, yeap, holy, what's with him? Okay, what's with them? Murdering them after? That's new level?
Speaker 1: That's it's his thing.
Speaker 2: This guy's nasty.
Speaker 1: Oh he nasty.
Speaker 2: He's a nasty malfo.
Speaker 1: So Dean bought David a green Chevrolet Corvette just like you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I don't even think I could accept that gift.
Speaker 1: Right, like morally, So you can just see how that grooming has paid off for him over the years. That trust he built up with David, the manipulation he had, over the power he had.
Speaker 2: But then, in all honesty would have been he even been able to stop him from murdering those people too.
Speaker 1: I mean he could fucking scream run for police or something, right, Yeah, oh yeah, you know, I'll buy you a car, just leave the room and don't say anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, he probably would have got murdered himself too.
Speaker 1: Well if he just said okay, yeah, sure, and then walked out of the room and then fucking ran.
Speaker 2: For police, they might have still got murdered.
Speaker 1: They might have still got murdered.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but that it would have stopped there.
Speaker 1: It would have stopped there, or could have stopped there. Yeah, and as you're about to find out, this goes a lot farther.
Speaker 2: It doesn't stop it. Yeah, and this guy is driving around in his little.
Speaker 1: Little green Corvette. Wow, So how it did continue? Dean offered something to David, something else. He said he would give him two hundred dollars for any boy he could bring to Dean's apartment. No, Blue, are these boys to my apartment? And I will give you two hundred bucks, which is approximately fourteen hundred dollars in today's economy, like a week?
Speaker 2: You mean sorry, was it two hundred bucks a week? Two hundred bucks a boy a boy? Okay? Gross? That's like really really really really gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting into literal trafficking. That's what this is.
Speaker 2: Holy. For some reason, I just didn't go there at all. Yeah, but it makes sense.
Speaker 1: So as for those two boys that David walked in on Dean raping and then killing, I could not find those two boys' names, so I do not have their identity. I don't know who they are. I cannot kind of tell their story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sad.
Speaker 1: On December thirteenth, nineteen seventy, David lewured two boys, both fourteen years old from Spring Branch named James Glass and Danny Yates, who were attending a religious rally held in Houston Heights to Dean's Yorktown apartment. James was actually an acquaintance of David and had actually previously visited Dean's place. Once they arrived at the apartment, both James and Danny were then tied to opposite sides of Dean's torture board, were raped, strangled, and killed, only to be buried in a boat shed that Dean had rented. An electrical cord with alligator clips attached to each end was buried alongside Danny's body and by alligator clips. That is referring to how you jump a car. Those clips at the end of those cables.
Speaker 2: Cool like regretting the Halloween can be like starved for this episode, it's really yeah.
Speaker 1: You're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm great, You're sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well buckle up because it's a it's a bumpy ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's it's fucking gross. Like the researching this, I was like, holy fuck, and I had no idea what this case was prior to I've heard of this guy. I I've heard that he lured boys and killed people. That was about it. Now I know to the extent, and holy fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are already I feel like he's it's gone on for such a long period of time that it's just like too much.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's only been going on for like two years so.
Speaker 2: Far, that's too much.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but I'm just saying comparatively, and well, actually comparatively, it doesn't actually go on that long. Just a lot happens in the time it goes on.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So on January thirtieth, nineteen seventy one, six weeks after the double murder of James and Danny, only six weeks, only six weeks, David and Dean encountered two teenage brothers, Donald and Jerry Waldrop. They're walking towards their parents' house. The brothers had been driven to a friend's home by their father with plans on discussing forming a bowling league, which fucking awesome. Ye I want to join it, no kidding, Like I want to be these guys' friends and be on their fucking bowling team.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I used to be in a bowling league that was super cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure you were, so what it's cool for them but not me, yeah exactly. Anyways, they had actually begun walking home once they realized that their friend wasn't home. Okay, so their dad dropped them off their friend's place. They realized their friend wasn't home, but their dad had already left. Now they're walking home.
Speaker 2: Oh dang.
Speaker 1: Ye. Both boys were lured into Dean's van and driven to his apartment, where they were, as you guessed, raped, tortured, strangled, and subsequently buried in the boat shed.
Speaker 2: Jeez. Oh those like just I'm just like, you can't stop thinking about the parents in all the situation, Yeah, because it's really like they're just gone missing right to the parents. I don't know if later it's found or whatever, but it's that's well obviously, but that's sad.
Speaker 1: And imagine like being a parent at this time with kids that currently aren't missing. But seeing all these kids go missing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you just lock them in the house. You're not allowed to leave, stay in the basement. Yeah, the house for anything.
Speaker 1: Right. So, between March and May of nineteen seventy one, Dean abducted and killed three more young boys, all of whom lived in Houston Heights, Texas. And we're all buried towards the rear end of the rented boat shed. In each of these abductions, David is known to have been a participant. So it's not like he's just you know, like idly standing by and just being a witness. It's like, no, he's he's involved.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, like in the assaults or just mostly still gathering the boys.
Speaker 1: I can't I couldn't find anything on him being involved in rape, okay, but he is definitely involved in assaults and murders.
Speaker 2: Oh and he's like raking in the dough.
Speaker 1: Yep, huh so. Fifteen year old Randall Harvey was last seen by his family on March ninth, cycling towards Oak Forest, where he worked part time as a gas station attendant. Randall was abducted and taken to Dean's most recent Magnum Road apartment, where he went through the same tortures as the previous victim. However, this time he was killed by a single gunshot to the head.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: The other two victims were thirteen year old David Hill, a guest hillegeist I think it's hillegeist, and sixteen year old Gregory Winkle. They were abducted and killed together on the afternoon of May twenty ninth, nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 2: Good lord, they're so young.
Speaker 1: Yep, they're so young. How you holding up? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm fine. I'm just very fidgety. I cank you still.
Speaker 1: That was me in the doctor death episode though, because like You're just rattling off all this stuff and I'm just whole, Like it's overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a lot of victims, it is.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of nice that I get to turn the tables on you and present it to you now because I get to see you figure.
Speaker 2: It so now I'm agitated, thank you. That's just our goal to make other person agitated.
Speaker 1: Pretty much so as it had been the case with the other boys, And like we kind of already touched on the boy's parents frantically were searching for their sons. Well, yeah, fifteen year old Elmer Wayne Henley, a lifelong friend of the Hilligeist, which was David Hillegeist. You know, he was thirteen, just fucking killed by Dean. Yeah, so Elmer was volunteering and helped spread missing posters and reward posters you know, in the area to keep keep his uh, his friend trying to be found. And he kept reassuring you know, his friend's parents that there maybe just an incident, that it can be explained and it's they'll be back soon or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, well, that doesn't tear open your heart. Oh.
Speaker 1: Dean however, didn't slow down in the face of any missing posters or to strop parents.
Speaker 2: Doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 1: Not a single fuck was given by this asshole. Fucking I can't even think of a word to describe this guy, like he's filth.
Speaker 2: The words that I want to say, I just probably shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Once the mics are off.
Speaker 2: Don't want to guess. In Trouble.
Speaker 1: On August seventeenth, nineteen seventy one, Dean and David ran across, a seventeen year old acquaintance of David's named Ruben Watson Hainey Haney. I think it's how it is h n e y. He was walking home from a movie theater in Houston. David convinced Ruben to join them for a party that was taking place at Dean's address. It was somewhere that he had just moved to on San Philippi Philippe Philippe. I can't say the word. I know I'm pronouncing it wrong. I can hear it in my head, but I can't say it f e l I p E street.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, Okay, okay, that is just so wicked and graham and we just pronounce no or just spelled it outside, sorry it out instead.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, we can't say words. Stay tough and hard, that's what she said. Okay. Reuben didn't have any suspicion. He knew David right. Well, yeah, so he thought, yeah, sure, the party might be fun. So he agreed and he was taking to Deans home where he was, as you guessed it, killed by strangulation and buried in the boat shed.
Speaker 2: So just stay home, folks like, don't go to parties or do anything fun. Just stay home. Really don't accept candy from strangers. Don't just stay home.
Speaker 1: I do want to point out he does drive a van too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is so interesting. But then back then, maybe that it didn't have that stereotype, you.
Speaker 1: Know, well, maybe this is how Yeah, I was just going to say, this.
Speaker 2: Is how it this is probably how it does.
Speaker 1: Well, No, I don't think it's this one. I think there's many cases of vans, tinted windows, lots of space, you can lure people.
Speaker 2: Any Yeah, but then in free candy, yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe who knows lure little kids in? I mean that's the go to, right.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It is fucking gross, disgusting. Most people can fuck off, fuck off anyways, Okay. In September of nineteen seventy one, Dean moved to another apartment in Houston Heights. He moves apartments quite.
Speaker 2: Frequently, clearly when he's getting kicked out or something.
Speaker 1: I don't think so I couldn't find anything of him being kicked out. He just keeps moving.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: A later confession tells of two more youths who were killed here at this apartment, one of which was kept alive for somewhere around four days before being murdered. Brut and the identity of these boys to this day remains unknown. Okay, in the winter of nineteen seventy one, David introduced Elmer Wayne Henley to Dean. Do you know who that is?
Speaker 2: Is? Not the friend?
Speaker 1: Elmer Wayne Henley was the little boy distributing those missing.
Speaker 2: Posters, and David entered reduced him to Dean. Yes that you said, Oh my gosh. Run.
Speaker 1: Elmer was likely lured to Dean as an intended victim Frick say. However, for whatever reason, Dean spared him and decided he would make a good accomplice and offered him the same two hundred dollars for any boy he could lure to his apartment.
Speaker 2: Okay, not knowing that Elmer was like part of a search for one of the boys. Yep, Okay, is this how the ends then?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm hoping this is how this shit starts.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that Elmer is going to be a good boy.
Speaker 1: Well, he told Elmer he was involved in quote unquote a white slavery ring operating from Dallas, which I don't know why, like a white slavery ring would be any better than what he's actually fucking doing. But anyways, Yeah, so Almer declined and ignored the offer for several months in fact, but in nineteen seventy two he changed his mind and accepted because he and his family were in dire financial need a The first abduction he participated in occurred during the time Dean resided at nine to twenty five Schruller Street, an address he moved to in February of nineteen seventy two. Almer and Dean picked up quote unquote a boy at the corner of Eleventh and stud Wood and lured him into Dean's home on the promise of smoking some marijuana, you know that weed, the good stuff at the apartment and they would, you know, just chill out. So while they were there, they were playing with some handcuffs and convinced the young boy to try them on. Oh no, Once he did, Elmer saw Dean bind and gag the boy. Then he left him alone with Dean, believing he was being sold to a sexual slavery ring. The identity of this boy remains unknown.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm actually really confused because is this not like triggering Elmer to be like thinking that this could be what happened to his friend? Maybe or he just doesn't get a shit, or or maybe he just didn't isn't it isn't he'sn't realizing. I don't know. I don't know. I still feel like he's a good kid, but I don't think he is anymore.
Speaker 1: He might have been a good kid at one point, but he uh, he certainly isn't anymore.
Speaker 2: They turned him and he needed money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One month later, on March twenty fourth, nineteen seventy two, Elmer, David and Dean saw an eighteen year old friend of Elmer's named Frank. Ag You are ag You are your a g u I are are.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Ben, No, No, we can't eg youre.
Speaker 1: I think agre like you are egg you wire aguire.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. That sounds like the best option.
Speaker 1: That sounds like the best option all the shit. Poor Frank. Fuck, I can't even say your name.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, we're actually that yeah Ry Okay.
Speaker 1: So anyways, Frank was leaving the restaurant on Yale Street where he worked. He was invited over to Dean's apartment to do some more smoke them of that Devil's let us run, Frank and drinking some beers. So with the trio he went along. No, well there they were actually hanging out for a bit. You know what, This was a legit chill set Frank and then Frank picked up a pair of handcuffs that Dean had left on the table, and immediately Dean pounced on Frank, slammed him into the table shit and cuffed his hands behind his back.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just have to say sorry. I especially hate when it's like a friend, right, because this is he was just like, oh, I'm just going to hang out and he like trusts this person as their friends and then like boom, yeah, like that just seems to times.
Speaker 1: Worse to me, I know, very backstabby, poshit mother. Anyways, Elmer did actually attempt to persuade Dean not to assault his friend, but Dean refused and revealed to Elmer that he had raped, tortured, and killed the previous victim that he had assisted in abducting, and that he intended to do the same with Frank. Then, after Dean was done, Elmer, Dean, and David all helped in burying Frank's body at High Island Beach. Here.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's gonna turn, It's gonna turn. Almer's a good boy. Nope, but no, he sucks and I don't like him at all.
Speaker 1: That's the official mark of Elmer now being a part of this.
Speaker 2: What a freakin' asshole.
Speaker 1: After that, he was just an active participant in the abductions, the murders.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but how can they recruit people to this as disgusting?
Speaker 1: Well, it was only one month after Frank's death on April twentieth, the three men abducted the next one. He's seventeen year old by the name of Mark Scott. He was grabbed by Forrest and he actually fought furiously against the attempts to restrain him. Elmer, however, pointed a pistol towards him, and at the sight of a gun being pointed at him, he gave up. Well, yeah, so Mark was tied, tortured and suffered the same fate as Frank.
Speaker 2: But they say, even if the guns pointed at you or something like, still just like freaking do everything you can run and shit, right, because their aim couldn't be shit, Their.
Speaker 1: Aim can be shit. They might not have it in them, they might not even have any.
Speaker 2: Be like for show. Yeah, so still keep fighting yep.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know for sure, I shouldn't. Don't take her advice, for sure, look it up. Maybe because we're no experts.
Speaker 2: On we're no experts, but I just feel like what was coming to him was pretty shitty too, like really, So.
Speaker 1: Moving on to June twenty six, two boys named Billy Balsh and Johnny del Mo de Lom Dellom. There we go. I'm getting better with the name thing, I think.
Speaker 2: There you go. There's a lot of names in here for you.
Speaker 1: There a lot of individuals we are talking about here, trying to get all the stories told we can. So they were abducted and tied to Dean's bed and his fucking torture board thing. After their torture and rape, Elmer manually strangled Billy and then shouted hey Johnny and then shot him in the forehead.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Johnny then pleaded with them please don't before he was then strangled to death. Both boys were buried at High Island Beach.
Speaker 2: What exactly is this torture board? Do we know anything about this?
Speaker 1: It's some sort of board that where he like straps them down and he just kind of has his way and beats them.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I wish I didn't ask Actually.
Speaker 1: There was another boy named Billy Rigginger, Ringinger, Ringing Her, Riddinger Readinger. There we go. Names are hard. I try. I pronounced all these like well, I was actually researching, and then come to it.
Speaker 2: It's just I constantly do like pronounce dot calm or whatever, and then I'm like, okay, I got this, and then yeah, and then as.
Speaker 1: Soon as the mics are hot and we're reading, not even close.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So Billy Riddinger, Redingerdinger, see Okay, Billy Ridinger who was nineteen and was brought to Dean. He was tied to that torture board, tortured, abused, but was set free.
Speaker 2: Oh really he was okay.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find anything in what happened to him after that.
Speaker 2: So he lived. Then we think, my gosh, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Another incident, Elmer actually knocked David unconscious and quote unquote assaulted him. I don't know the definition of assaulted in this scenario, Okay, if there was rape involved or what, but he knocked him unconscious quote unquote assaulted him, and then afterwards they after he woke up, it was just like nothing ever happened. They just kept doing their thing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In the summer of nineteen seventy two, there were two more victims. The first was seventeen year old Stephen Sickman, who was last seen leaving a party held in the Heights shortly before midnight on July nineteenth. He was savagely savagely there we go, bludgeoned in the chest with a blunt object before he was strangled and buried in the boat shed approximately one month later, on a boat October sorry, August twenty first, a nineteen year old named Roy Button was abducted while walking to his job in a Houston shoe store. Roy was gagged with a towel and his mouth was bound with tape. He was shot twice in the head and buried in the boat shed.
Speaker 2: Cute. Not all the bodies were buried in the boat shed, though, Hey, no, but a lot of them, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of them there. The Highland Beach and the boat shed were the two main places that the bodies were disposed of. I guess it's the best way to put it. On October second, nineteen seventy two, two teenagers named Willie J. Sikimo and Richard Hembry were walking home and lured to Deans. That evening, Jay phoned his mom and shouted the word mama into the receiver before it was disconnected. The following morning, both boys were strangled to death and subsequently buried in the common grave inside the boat shed.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that's like literally the last thing that he said to his mom. Yep, oh my heart. I know, like that really hurts. Oh.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine that mom hearing that.
Speaker 2: L No, this is just it's too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need a minute. You needs more Halloween candy.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I don't actually need more Halloween candy. Needs something I need to know when this shit ends, Well, you have some more to go here? Are you fucking me?
Speaker 1: Altogether, at least ten teenagers between the age of thirteen and nineteen were murdered between February and November in nineteen seventy two, five of whom were buried at the Highland Beach and five inside the boat Shed. Among them were eighteen year old williad Branch, who went missing while hitchhiking from Mount Pleasant in nineteen year old Richard Kepner, who disappeared on his way to a phone booth Dang on January twentieth, nineteen seventy three, Dean moved to an address on wrote in Spring Branch District of Houston. Within two weeks of moving to his new address, he had killed seventeen year old Joseph Lyles, and then shortly after in March, moved to twenty twenty Lamar Drive.
Speaker 2: Just constantly moving and also I need to know more about this boat shed, but keep going.
Speaker 1: The boat shed. It was a rented boat shed basically, and that's that's that there was.
Speaker 2: He can't be that big, and like they're bearing a shit ton of bodies there.
Speaker 1: He is bearing them on top of each other and stuff too.
Speaker 2: So interesting.
Speaker 1: So we are at his final residence though, just just to throw that out there, So we are winding down a twenty twenty Lamar Drive is like the infamous address for this case.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 1: While at this residence, his killings began to increase in frequency and brutality. Starting in June, he began to develop a lust for killing even more, and he grew anxious, pacing and smoking constantly when he wasn't active.
Speaker 2: That's all that was on his mind, that's all he wanted to do, basically.
Speaker 1: Yep. June fourth, fifteen year old William Ray Lawrence. He was last seen alive by his father on thirty first Street. After three days of abuse and torture, William was strangled before being buried at Lake Sam Rayburn less than two weeks later, twenty year old Raymond Oh hold on, Oh sorry, yeah, that's right. The names threw me off for a minute because they're fairly close. Raymond Stanley Blackburn was abducted, strangled, and buried at Lake Sam Rayburn.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't keep the so he only keeps some of them alive, hey, for extended periods of time, not all of them, it.
Speaker 1: Seems, saying. I'm assuming it has something to do with his sexual desires. That's my assumption, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jeez, I should just keep quiet because every time I say anything like just makes me regret it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just trying to be honest.
Speaker 2: I don't know it makes sense, but.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's that's what makes sense to me, unless he's enjoying the torture part more. But it's either between not wanting to kill yet because he doesn't want to clean up the mess right now he's enjoying the torture, or he's enjoying the rape. Those are the only three options I could see, and I think the rape would most likely be the answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Now where's my spot? I lost it?
Speaker 2: I distracted you, Okay with all my questions.
Speaker 1: It's all good. It's all good. We got this. July seventh, nineteen seventy three, fifteen year old Homer Luis Garcia phoned his mother to say he was spending the night with a friend. He was shot and bled to death in Dean's bathtub before he was buried at Lake sam Rayburn.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Five days later, Holy shit. On July twelfth, seventeen year old John Sellers of Orange County was bound, shot to death and buried at High Island Beach.
Speaker 2: Like the police ustedge to be going wild. This is a ton of people. Yeah, at the end, do you kind of like say how many?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Holy, because I've lost so much count Like I've lost count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Predicting, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Between July nineteenth and twenty fifth, fifteen year old Michael Balch, brother of previous victim Billy Bulsch, was last seen by his family on July nineteenth, on his way to get a haircut.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me.
Speaker 1: He was strangled and buried at Lake sam Rayburn. The other two, Charles Cable and Marty ray Jones, were abducted together on the afternoon of July twenty fifth, and we're buried in the boat shed.
Speaker 2: Okay, that brought that being a brother of someone that had previously been adopted really making has made me mad, like always had made me mad.
Speaker 1: But that I know, that's it's just double for that family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean some of them it was the same time. But to have it like happen and then you're like, probably really were protecting your kid, but like the kid needed a haircut, you gotta kind of like and then it happens again. Oh my gosh, that just makes your head hurt and your heart basically everything.
Speaker 1: This whole fucking episode is just so heavy on the heart. It like get hurttal. I can't wait to have this one off my fucking chest and I don't have to research talk about it anymore.
Speaker 2: So you just go and forget all forget like I'm going to try.
Speaker 1: I want to try to forget it, though. I hope that these victims are an't forgotten.
Speaker 2: Poor victims.
Speaker 1: So on August third, nineteen seventy three, a thirteen year old quote unquote, small blonde boy from South Houston named James Stanton Dreymala. He had a pizza bot for him by David, and he spent approximately forty five minutes talking and sharing it with them before he was attacked and abducted and taken to Dean's home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this shit they do.
Speaker 1: James was tied to Dean's torture board, raped, tortured, and strangled with a cord before being buried in the boat shed. James would be Dean's last victim.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. I thought maybe that he would have gotten away then, but no.
Speaker 1: Who would have gotten away.
Speaker 2: That this last boy got away or something and that's how he ended up getting caught was sort of my thought.
Speaker 1: Well we're winded down to that, okay, okay. August seventh, nineteen seventy three. Elmer ended up bringing a girlfriend of his and another friend, Tim Curly to Dean's house. The three of them and Dean stayed up, drank, huffed paint and fumes and shit, oh god, till about midnight. They drove out, got some sandwiches, came back and ended up being till about three and before they all finally ended up passing out falling asleep, okay, until Elmer woke up with his feet bound and Dean was handcuffing him to his torture board. Really, his girlfriend and Tim were also bound, had their feet, hands tied, and tape over their mouth.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Dean was furious that Elmer brought a woman to his place, stating, quote unquote, man, you blew it bringing that girl, before shouting quote unquote, I'm gonna kill you all, but first I'm gonna have my fun. Oh whoa, yeah, are you good? Where do you think this is going?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I'm like on the edge of my seat here.
Speaker 1: Elmer knew what was about to follow, as he's literally witnessed the scenario so many times before, being involved in it so many times before, so he began to try to talk Dean down, try and talk him out of it, but he did it in a bit of a different way. He promised to participate in the torture and the murder of both his friend and his girlfriend if Dean just released him. After approximately thirty minutes of a discussion, Dean finally agreed and untied him. Then they both carried his friend and girlfriend into the bedroom, tied them on opposite side to the torture board. Old, I'm thinking I got the name wrong on this one. I think I might have got the name is mixed up. Which one's who is again? Who again? Who's the girlfriend? Who's the friend?
Speaker 2: Because we don't know the girlfriends name, Curly, Curly something something, Curly was that one of the names?
Speaker 1: Yep, Curly, Okay, so Curley's a friend and we don't know the girlfriend's name. So Curly was on his stomach and the girlfriend, which I think her last name was Williams's I think all I know she was on her back.
Speaker 2: Oh please, dear God, makes Elmer not do anything.
Speaker 1: Then Elmer followed Dean's instructions, including attempting to rape his girlfriend, so he was handed to hunting knife, cut off her clothes, and began to rape Wow, his girlfriend. Meanwhile, Dean was trying to rape Curly Wow, but in the midst of it, Almer managed to grab Dean's gun and pointed at him and shouted, you've gone far enough Dean. Dean abandoned the rape and began to approach Elmer. Saying kill me as he kept coming forward. You won't do it. Wow, But that's what Elmer did. Shot Dean six times.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: The first time in the forehead, but it's a twenty two caliber bullet, which is a small caliber. Didn't penetrate the skull the first shot, so he kept stumbling forward and Elmer kept shooting until he was.
Speaker 2: Okay. And I also, the one other thing that's on my mind is like I can't believe that he even was able to get all three of them like tied up. Kind of like that just like blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Drunk and high, yes, oh okay, he was just biting his time.
Speaker 2: Shit, Okay, he probably.
Speaker 1: Wasn't huffing here, wasn't drink he was just waiting.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this guy is just disgusting. Okay, So Almer has shot him to death.
Speaker 1: Yep. And at eight twenty four am on August eighth, nineteen seventy three, Almer placed a call to nine one one and was answered by the operator named Velma Lines. And in that call, Elmer said, quote unquote, y'all better get here right now. I just killed a man.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Elmer spilled it all.
Speaker 2: So he had to get this all off his chesty, which is actually surprising that he didn't try to like project himself.
Speaker 1: You damn near got a quote from him already when he was read his Miranda rights. He just simply said, quote unquote, I don't care who knows about it. I have to get it off my chest.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's actually good, so good because I because he could have honestly hit it all.
Speaker 1: He could have. He told police everything and even helped locate the bodies.
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh, how could you remember all the names and stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he would have remembered the names. I'm sure it's identifying from missing persons reports.
Speaker 2: To the bodies, right, because I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure he doesn't even know half these people who they were or even their names nothing. Yeah, he just knows yet this guy, this was this guy that we got here, right, and then it could help link to the missing persons reports. He's like, yeah, I'm pretty sure we got this one over at the pizza place or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, on July of nineteen seventy four, the jury deliberated for ninety two minutes before finding Elmer guilty of six accounts of murder. For each account, he is ordered to serve a ninety nine year sentence consecutively, totaling five hundred and ninety four years in prison.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: He was transferred to the Huntsville Unit to formally begin his.
Speaker 2: Sentence and sorry, when was that? What year was that?
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy four? Oh, okay, he's got a few hundred left to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: David came full confession on the evening of August ninth, admitting to being present at several killings and assisting in several burials, but he denied any direct participation in any murders.
Speaker 2: Liar yep.
Speaker 1: David's trial lasted less than one week. The jury deliberated for around ninety minutes before they reached the verdict. He was found guilty on March fourth, nineteen seventy four, and was sentenced to life in prison. Good now, both men actually did what's it called again when you try to get out.
Speaker 2: Of jail, your oh, appeals appeal?
Speaker 1: The word got I left me for a minute there. Both men did appeal and both didn't go through David, however, David owen Brooks died on May twenty eighth, twenty twenty, while still serving his sentence in prison. He had other health issues, but in the end he succumbed to COVID nineteen.
Speaker 2: Really hey, okay, well, it's actually amazing that nothing bad happened to any of them prior to, because they were in jail for something pretty horrific and lots of times. Yeah, Like, if you're in jail for something involves children, don't have the best of times in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usually you get beat to death.
Speaker 2: So it's actually amazing that he died of that and not something prior to.
Speaker 1: In total, the candy Man had a minimum it's unknown as total count, but he had a minimum of twenty seven victims.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I feel like there's way more than that. That seems low.
Speaker 1: There were some reports I saw that said twenty eight minimum twenty eight, but the most common one that I found was twenty seven. So I'm going to go with out.
Speaker 2: I mean, still a ton, but I was honestly expecting that number to be higher.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that is the story of the Candy Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate the candy Man.
Speaker 1: Fuck that guy.
Speaker 2: That is just disgusting. Yeah, okay, so he's dead, David's dead, and Elmer's still just in jail.
Speaker 1: Yes, For the next five and fifty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh interesting, I mean I do. I'm glad that Elmer and David came forward and convest and like helped with finding these kids and stuff, but still like still pieces of shit.
Speaker 1: I do want to say though, in the end though, with Elmer raping his girlfriend, he did that specifically to gain advantage over over Dean. When the police showed up, all three his friend, his girlfriend, and himself were all sitting on the porch. The gun was sitting down on the ground for the police to collect when they walked up and everything, and Elmer actually told his girlfriend he said, you know, if I, if I did go ahead with it, I could have got two hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: For if I would say that again, if I did.
Speaker 1: Go ahead with it, I could have got two hundred bucks for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fucked up heh Yeah.
Speaker 1: But clearly he didn't go ahead with it, but he did go ahead with a lot of other fucked up shits.
Speaker 2: So geez the money and like, how was this guy making money to pay for that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was involved in some sort of trafficking ring. I don't know. Maybe some of the people that he was abducting he was sending off to trafficking ring getting money for it, and he was only taking some for himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe that wasn't even like a full out lie, really very likely brutal. Okay, well yeah.
Speaker 1: Well next week we got Halloween week coming up.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe, Now I was like, maybe we should do a case. It's like, fun, Well, we're not heavy.
Speaker 1: We're starting with Robert the Doll.
Speaker 2: Okay, there will be some that aren't like to this heavy level for sure.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know Robert the Doll, Robert the Doll was the literal inspiration for Chucky behind Child's play Wow, and at this moment, he is considered the world's most haunted doll.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. Yeah, I can't wait to hear more about it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well until Halloween week next time. Make sure you guys follow us on our.
Speaker 2: Socials Instagram, Facebook, and Patreon Patreon.
Speaker 1: Check us out wreak It and Grim easy to find
Speaker 2: Grim and until then, friends, stay wicked.