Speaker 1: Back on the Big One seven HUNDREDLW. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. If you're listening to me right now, you survived the massive snowstorm that came rolling through the tri State in most of the Midwest over the last thirty six forty eight hours. So here we are today, and we're going to talk about that a little bit today, although things that are probably more associated with that more than anything else. You know, if you're like me and you were one of the vast majority that did not have to go to work tomorrow, what did you do yesterday? What did you do? You were able to stay in your house, your house that was heated by the furnace that you probably have in your basement or another part of your home, largely because of natural gas fossil fuels that gets piped into your house and run into your heater and is ignited and fires up and distributes warm air throughout your house. What else were you able to do? You're able to enjoy a piping hot cup of coffee, and you were able to curl up in front of your big screen TV and watch Netflix or whatever else your heart desired. You were able to surf the internet add nauseum all day yesterday, curled up in a and a closely blanket. And why were you able to do all those things? Because of petroleum and fossil fuels. Even people who decided to go outside and brave the cold and remove the snow from their driveways and their sidewalks, why were they able to do that? Well, first of all, they were able to bundle up and put on protective clothing that protected them from the cold in the elements. And that clothing only exists because of petroleum products and fossil fuels and everything. Everything that we have that made us be able to get through this snowstorm and relative ease and comfort is largely because of and in some cases only because we have have access to abundant and relatively cheap fossil fuels and fossil fuel products. There is no one that I have as a guest on this show that knows more about this issue than the one and only Daniel Turner, the main man at Powerthefuture dot Com. And Daniel Turner, fresh off another appearance on Fox News, Welcome again to seven hundred WLW and happy new year to you. How you doing, Danielday?
Speaker 2: It is great to kick off the year being a guest with you, Danzel, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: So I just talked about all that stuff that made it easy and possible for the vast majority of Americans to weather this storm. I'm sure you got hit by a two where you live in Virginia. But let me ask you this. We have, You know, we have these things going on, and how what kind of shape would we have been in had we been solely reliant on windmill power or the power that comes from solar panels. Because I've got a neighbor that's got a foot of snow on his solar panels on the roof of his home right now, and I'm not sure how much solar power he's generating today with a foot of snow on his solar panels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know how much he's generating. None. None power. That's how much he's generating. And look, and that's not the fault of solar panel that's just reality. One of the constant problems I have with the with the radical left when they push wind and solar the ignorance factor is, I will say very candidly, I will give you all of the drawbacks of fossil fuels because they have drawbacks. Right, we don't live in utopia. There are lots of challenges for the fossil fuel industry. But if you compare those challenges with their benefits to the challenges and benefits the pros and cons of wind and solar, well, it's not a fair fight and it never will be. It is not the fault. It's the fault of physics that when you're panels covered in a foot of snow, it doesn't work. It's the fault of physics that below freezing temperatures, even if the wind turbine is spinning, it's not getting a charge. Right. It's the fault of physics that if you take your phone right now, your iPhone, and you stick it in the freezer and come back in a couple hours, you will see that it's dead. And you'll say, well, that's bizarre. Yes, it does not hold a charge in sub zero temperatures. Maybe one day we'll be able to change that, but that day has not yet come. And so we are pushing society to live on whether dependent technologies without compromising their quality of life. And we're risking we're risking your existence when we're telling people that wind and solar will work when days like today in places like Cincinnati and where I am in rural Virginia, wind and solar would be absolutely useless.
Speaker 1: And the thing I keep asking myself is who benefits from things like this? We have known for a long time that Joe Biden, the radical left want nothing more than to appease and make friends with hardcore leftist extremists and environmental extremists who want to see policies like this and acted. And then Joe Biden comes out, what was it forty eight hours ago with this plan where he is going to shut down I guess drilling exploration, any means of extracting fossil fuels from America's East Coast, the West Coast, the North Bearing Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, all these places, Joe Biden says, now says, I guess by executive FIAT that all these places are off limits from here into perpetuity for exploration of natural resource.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And two things that are very important to remember when it comes to this disastrous decision of evil decision by Joe Biden, who's an evil, angry old man and a terrible human being and a failed president. But two things to take away first and foremost is that when you cross that imaginary line from American coast to international waters, when you cross into international waters, all of our enemies are operating. The largest oil platform in the world is operated by Communist China in the Gulf of Mexico. It's in international waters. We can't do anything about it. But they are looking for oil off our coast, off the coast of Russia in international excuse me, off the coast of Alaska in international waters. Russia is operating in the Arctic looking for oil and gas. So only America is unable to look for oil and gas in these waters. Right only we are the ones punished from from from finding these resources. Our enemies are allowed to operate. And that's kind of a perfect example of everything Joe Biden has done right. Make America poor and weak and stupid and let our enemies thrive. And the second thing to take away is that if this had anything to do with climate change or protecting the environment, he wouldn't have waited four years. An example of that was, of course COVID, when Joe Biden believed the vaccine was going to save everybody. You had to take that damn vaccine whether you wanted it or not. And if you didn't, you were getting fired, you were getting court martialed, you were getting arrested, r you were taking the vaccine, or you were not going to leave the house, because that was the medicine Joe Biden wanted to prescribe to save you. Well, if the medicine of saving the climate, saving the planet is this water in this land. It took him four years. That seems kind of strange, does it. So don't ever try to pretend that this has anything to do with the environment. This is Joe Biden being an angry, bitter, retaliatory old man who lost an election and knows he has a shameful four years as president, and now he's trying to exact revenge or or punish the incoming administration, because that's who Joe Biden is, an angry, bitter, resentful old man.
Speaker 1: But Daniel Turner, he put out a statement saying that that there is a climate crisis, that these you know, these activities off the coast of America, the East Coast, the West coast, the Gulf of Mexico, that these activities threatened communities across the across the country, he says transitioning to clean energy needs to happen now that he needs to protect these things for our children and our grandchildren. Don't you care about that at all? Come on, Daniel, exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's what they throw at you to have you shut up. And it's the same thing as wear the mask. Right. You know, old seniors are dying right now because you won't wear a mask. What they really are saying is do what you're told, shut up and stop trying to disobey. Look, the governor of the state of New York, my home state, my home city, New York City, and this congestion pricing which started yesterday where it now charges you nine dollars to drive through New York City, she's saying it's about public health. You want to say, is this public health? That's how she's getting you to shut up. She cares about children, Dan, you don't care about children. I'm doing this to protect the children. So from now on, everything I do, I'm just gonna say it protects the children. That's the only way to get away with pushing an agenda and having everyone just just acquiesce. So yeah, it's just it's infuriating, and you can hear the anger in my voice. It's funny. I've asked God to make me less angry in twenty twenty five New Year's resolution. Right, I'm not gonna have anger in my heart. And the Lord replied to me and said, once Joe Biden's out of office, it will be a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we still got thirteen and God only knows not long this thirteen days is going to last, because I mean the way he's shoveling money out the door, the way that his administration is working to screw over Have you ever seen anything like this? Is any Is this the way this administration is doing everything it possibly can to sabotage the incoming administration, and really for no good reason other than too just to make life a living hell for Trump and the people who are going to work for Trump and by extension, make life a living hell for the people of the United States and try to prevent Trump from furthering his agenda items.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And look, this is this is like sabotage in your incoming quarterback, so that by comparison, you don't look to be as lousy. Right, I don't know who the giants are going to have for their quarterback next year. But if they're able to hurt this guy somehow, well, then you know what, Daniel Jones doesn't look quite so bad, does he? And that's what Biden is doing. I can make if I can make the I probably shouldn't have used the Giants reference in Cincinnati, but I'm a Giants fan. But if you have sustention, can yeah, thank you. If he can make the incoming Trump administration not quite so successful, well he doesn't look quite as bad then right, well, how bad was Biden? If Trump isn't that great but.
Speaker 1: Really looks and how small and petty that is though for fit for him to act like this? You know, when we talk about energy and energy policy, but it's not just that. It's the appliances we we you know, we talked earlier about the gas stoves that Joe Biden wants to come after and and take out of your home. I guess they already started doing that in New York City. But now he's talking about water heaters and uh, and the heaters for your home and how you know, Joe Biden has decided that using natural gas for these appliances is not a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and That's that's the anger level I have with this administration, which is just so thoroughly, thoroughly un American. Our founders would be confused to think that some bureaucrat is going to tell you what ty of hot water heater you're allowed to have, and they have no problem doing that, right, Joe Biden on Monday announced about forty percent of the hot water heaters on the market are going to be taken off by twenty twenty nine. Now, of course Trump will reverse that, and Trump has actually talked about actions to protect appliances going forward, which I think is welcome. But this administration has no problem telling you about your your toilet, your light bulb, your stove, your air conditioner, your ceiling fan, every aspect of your life. And you have to go back to those great patriots who literally two hundred and fifty years ago were getting so tired of George the Third saying like, who what is happening right now? Well, we don't have a king, but we have the same attitude of tyranny where Joe Biden thinks he knows better than you, and damn it, you're going to do what he tells you because he knows better, and that has to start ending. And I think it win with this administration coming into office.
Speaker 1: And the thing that probably infuriates me more than anything else, Daniel Turner, is that when these politicians come up with policies like this and talk about how you know, we all have to make the sacrifice, we all have to get in the same boat, we all got to pull in the same direction. Well, you know, what's good for us is not necessarily good for them. How many of these politicians in the multiple homes that Joe Biden owns, how many of those homes do you think are heated by natural gas? What about Barack Obama in the multiple mansions that he owns, how many of those do you think have gas appliances? What about John Kerry? What about people like you know, Nancy Pelosi. How many of her homes out in California or where god knows wherever else they are. You know, she's able to take a hot shower whenever she wants, because she's got a gas fired hot water heater. You know, these people don't want to give these things up for themselves, but for the rest of us, you know, you're just going to have to make.
Speaker 2: Do nothing highlighted this clearer in my mind than when Microsoft opened a new data center or plants to open a new data center in Pennsylvania and they asked to restart reactor to at three Mile Island because they want to power it. And I thought, here's Microsoft. Here's Bill Gates, mister climate change him, mister, and Bill Gates is everything. He was in Norway yesterday talking about censorship. He knows everything about vaccines. He's of course on the climate. But here's Bill Gates saying I don't want wind and so those things suck.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I have a data center to build. This is about making money, so I want what works, and what works is nuclear. So when it came to Microsoft's data center, they're not going to risk it on crappy wind and solar, where snow and lack of wind is going to hurt their profit margins. No, they want reliable energy. And that's exactly how it works. Right for you and me. We have to get stuck with crappy wind and solar because people like Bill Gates make money. But when they make money, well know they want nuclear because it works all the time.
Speaker 1: Of course all the time. It's good. It's good to be in favor with the political elites in this country, is it not?
Speaker 2: Oh, exactly, and that that bifurcation has to start coming to and and I think it will. I think the American people spoke very loudly in November. These next twelve days are going to be hell as Biden tries to do more and more retaliatory things, But changes coming and it will be glorious when it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're starting to come to reality now about what happened on January sixth. We're coming to a reality now what happened with the Liz Cheney. But how about how about Liz Cheney getting that medal from Joe Biden the other day? And did you see the look on her face when he gave her that medal and and with a death grip with his right hand, grabbed a hold of her hand. Wouldn't let her grab that medal and walk away? They're standing there taking those pictures. What do you think was going through her mind in that moment when she had to stand there next to Joe Biden for probably for her what seemed like an eternity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's just remarkable how low people will think for their agenda, for their issues, for their.
Speaker 1: Whatever she wants that pardon, she's got to pay the price. And I think that she's.
Speaker 2: Got twelve days the preemptive pardon. You know what, Dan, if that's the case, I want to pardon too, because then tomorrow I'm going to go out and rob a bank. So I'm going to ask Biden to pardon me now or the preemptive pardon, and there'll be a millionaire in a couple of minutes. Just let's see if it happened.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Daniel Turner, I'm glad you survive the snow Star. Why do we name these storms?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What is Does that really serve any purpose?
Speaker 2: No, it's just in still more fear and people fear of the website.
Speaker 1: Exactly unbelievable. But Daniel Turner, the first time we've had a chance to talk in twenty twenty five. Always great having you on, buddy, and look forward to I'll look forward to a lot more conversations in twenty twenty five. And thank you again, and we'll talk to you again.
Speaker 2: So thanks Dan.
Speaker 1: All Right, there you go, the one and only Daniels Turner. Check out his website Power of the Future, and you will see all kinds of great things there. It is Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred ww MAN seven hundred WLW twelve thirty seven. Now it's Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. Glad you could be here today. And in our previous conversation, I was talking with Daniel Turner about how George, not George, but Joe Biden is essentially doing everything he can to give the American people the middle finger as he is looking at the exit and on his way out. One of the things that he is doing is giving medals. He is commuting sentences, granting pardons and all the rest to just a horrible cast of characters. And among them is the Presidential Medal of Freedom that he put around Well, he didn't put it around the neck of George Soros. George Soros is pretty old. He might be older than Biten. But George Soros did not show up at the ceremony. His son showed up to collect his Presidential Medal of Freedom right after Hillary Clinton got hers, the highest civilian honor that a president can give. So I was looking around for someone who may know something about George Sorosby George Soros is not a guy that I've talked a lot about on my radio shows. But one guy who knows a little bit something about this guy is Zach Smith. He is a senior legal legal Fellow and a Supreme Court Appellatic with the Supreme Court Appellate Advocacy Program at the Edward Mease Center for Legal and Just Judicial Studies at the Heritage Foundation. His book is called Rogue Prosecutors. How radical Soros lawyers are destroying America's communities. And it is my pleasure to welcome in Zack Smith against seven hundred WLW and Zack Smith. Happy New Year to you, sir. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well. Happy New Year to you as well, and thank you for having me on the show today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me a little bit. The White House said this about George Soros. George Soros is an investor, philanthropist, founder of the Open Society Foundation. Through his network of foundation partners and projects in more than one hundred and twenty countries, Soros has focused on global initiatives that strengthen democracy, human rights, education, and social justice. I would say that's a fairly generous statement about George Soros. Would you not.
Speaker 4: Generous is a very kind way of putting it. I think the appropriate words are ones we probably can't use on radio, are public airwaves. But look, I'm a former federal prosecutor. My research of the Heritage Foundation focuses in large part or criminal justice issues, and it won't surprise you one of the ways that George Soros has been most influential in recent years is backing these so called progressive prosecutors now I call them growth prosecutors, because they fail to do the basic job of prosecuting criminals, which is required of prosecutors, and somehow they Many on the left, including these road das, have pushed this as a good and when you dig into it, what we found at Heritage through our research is that not only has George Soros spent millions and millions of dollars directly backing these candidates, but he's also set up an entire infrastructure, a network of five oh one three c's, five one C four's and other entities that he is supporting, either directly through his Open Society's Foundation or in another way that is put in an infrastructure to push the radical idea that somehow we can become safer in our country, on our streets by not prosecuting crimes. It's absurd and it's dangerous for us as a country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, George Soros, I guess made his money as as a hedge fund manager. I mean, the guy is worth. I don't know how many billions the guy is worth, but he's He was a Nazi collaborator, stole properties from other Jews as they were on their ways their way to the death. Camps said in an interview with sixty Minutes years ago that he really doesn't have any you know, any any concern about that at all. Doesn't bother him to have engaged in those sorts of activities. Why is it that George Soros engages in these sorts of things that that are so anti American and and and so left wing and so radical and really has been leading the charge on this for decades now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great question. Look, I can't read George Soros's mind. What I can do is look at public statements he's made, look at the policies and positions to people he supports have taken. And at least in the criminal justice system, we know that the people he supports have bought into two myths. They bought into the myth that our criminal justice system and our country to some degree is systemically racist, which of course it's not. And they've also bought into the myth that our criminal justice system locks up too many people, that we have a mass incarceration problem in our country, which is categorically not true. While it is true we lock up more people in the United States than many other countries, it's also true that we have a much much higher violent crime rate. And so whenever you hear these entities are individuals supported by George Soarls and the others saying we need to lower our prison population by sixty, seventy or even eighty percent in some instances, keep in mind that means that we're going to be releasing onto the streets repeat violent criminals. And unfortunately, I think you deal with at New York, Chicago, California, places that have tried these strategies, it hasn't worked out very well for them or their citizens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean that's always been the question is how does he benefit? Who benefits from that? But I think you make clear that we know who it is who the people who suffer are, and that is the people who fall victim to these crimes by people who are constantly coming into the justice system and then finding their way back out onto the street, in some cases in a matter of hours to go and commit more crimes. Just this past weekend, there was yet another arrest on the New York City subway of a guy who was out there stabbing people on the subway. Unfortunately this time around didn't kill anyone, but this was a guy who had eighty seven prior arrests for severe violent crimes. And so you know, that's the revolving door that sends people like that back out onto the street because the prosecutors there are supporting these sort of policies that George Soros wants to put in place, and it's innocent people who wind up paying the real world price of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Look, Alvin Bragg, the Manhattan District Attorney who is engaged in a crusading against Donald Trump, is one of these Soros supported rogue prosecutors. And not want to be clear, the Soro support can take a number of forms. It can be direct financial contributions, it can be indirect contributions, independing spenditures. Participants in these.
Speaker 1: Other five oh one, C three d's or C fours.
Speaker 4: He's set up, and so there's a lot of ways where Soros can support his preferred candidates. But what's ironic in Manhattan, while you have Alvin Bradd focusing on prosecuting Donald Trump under very novel legal theory, under a case I think everyone agrees wouldn't have been brought if the defendant's name wasn't Donald Trump. At the same time he's pursuing those charges, he's not prosecuting repeat violent offenders. He's ordering his assistance not to seek bail as a matter of course. He's ordering them not to seek sentences of incarceration as a matter of course. And even in the rare instances where he will allow his assistant deputyda's to seek sentences of incarceration, even for violent crimes things like murder, rape, robbery, he's telling them, at most they should ask for twenty five years imprisonment, and only then in extremely rare cases. And unfortunately, I think if you look at what's happening in New York today, look at the Newer Post in your Times, the Wall Street Journal, stories of crime and his consequences are on the front page on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how much you know about his son, but apparently his son is getting ready to take over I guess the vast parts, if not all, of his empire and the money that he doles out. And I've read articles where his son may be worse than his father. Do you know anything about George Soros's son?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so his son is Alex Soros. He's the chosen heir to kind of this political, supposedly philanthropic empire. What should concern us is that Alex has said that his focus is going to be much more on domestic US politics. George Soros, his tradition engaged not only in US political efforts, global efforts as well. Alex Soros has said he's going to refocus many of those global efforts to focus domestically here in the United States instead.
Speaker 1: And isn't it interesting when we hear politicians, especially those on the left, those in the Democrat Party, who constantly wring their hands and head to the nearest microphone to complain about how the money is influencing our politics and all the influence that these big time donors have, but especially as it relates to Republicans. But I don't think you can find anyone that has donated more money to the Democrat Party. Hey, I can look online and I can find pictures of George Soros with Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden and you name the Democrat and either George Soros or his son has been paling around with these people for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Let me say two things. One is, keep in mind many on the left. I did to cry dark money and politics, these supposed ways that the right wing is, you know, funding candidates and issues surreptitiously. In fact, it's the left wing, and largely through George Soros and a few other billionaires who have perfected the art of this dark money. When I talked about the network that George Soros has established, it's extensive, it's very hard to trace, it's very hard to disclose exactly who is giving what and where it's going and how it's being spent. And that is the way the left structured their entire political enterprise. The second thing I'll say is, if you listen to many of the left, if anybody dares to criticize George Soros for his radical positions or is very backing up very troubling politicians. Many of the left like to say that that's anti Semitic, and I think it's important to push back against that, because I think any of us would agree no one should be criticized or discriminate against because of their ethnicity, their race, their religion, nothing like that. And it's important to make clear that the criticisms of George Soros are not based on his Jewish heritage. The criticisms of George Soros are based on the radical policies and politicians that he has supported that have caused so much harm in the places where they've been implemented.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was reading another piece where they're talking about the amount of homicides that take place in the United States, and it turns out that forty percent of murders in the United States take place in districts where Soros backed prosecutors or district attorneys are in charge and their policies are in charge. And you just touched on it a little while ago, talking about how some of these prosecutors have already been voted out because people are seeing that these policies clearly don't work. Will this cause him to stand down at all? Well, will this cause him maybe to rethink these positions and support prosecutors who who may see things a little bit differently.
Speaker 4: No, unfortunately, I don't think you will. In fact, recently, when a lot of these criticisms were being made, after the radical Road process here in San Francisco was recalled and removed from office, after the prosecutor in Chicago declined to run for office again, and several other defeats around the country, George Soros pendent up at in the Wall Street Journal where he defended his giving and support of many of these prosecutors. He said he was proud of their work, he would continue to contribute and support them. And so, unfortunately, I think we have to stay vigilant and stay tuned because instead of recognizing the errors of his ways, which are many, it looks like George Soros is doubling down and is committed to putting even more money into pushing these radical policies, particularly in the criminal justice space.
Speaker 1: Absolutely unbelievable. And again, what's what is the possible benefit though? Is it just that these are his ideas and these are the kind of things that he wants to see all across America and maybe other parts of the world. I just I don't know. I mean, I've asked you this question before, but that's what keeps popping up in my head is what is the benefit to him of all these things that he engages in.
Speaker 4: And again, look, I think if we look at the individuals and entities he's supported, they have a fundamentally different conception of what the American way of life should be. They have a fundamentally different conception of what the fundamental values of our society should be. And unfortunately, George Soros is supporting many of those radicals and putting millions and even billions of dollars behind this effort to fundamentally transform and remake our society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you found out that Joe Biden wanted to give him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, what thoughts went through your mind? I mean, I'm thinking that this is just just a total disrespect to people like me, people across the country. I don't know, I don't know. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but what was your your your thought process when you heard that George Soros was going to be honored.
Speaker 4: Like this, Right, I think it's a in the face to the citizens who live in the cities where his policies have been enacting and cast so much harm. It's a slap in the face to the victims and their family members who have had to suffer under the consequences of these policies. And at the end of the day, it looks like Joe Biden is trying to essentially pay off a prominent left wing donor by giving him what should be a very lifetime achievement, a very high ranking award, And at the end of the day, all that does is cheap in the award and really cast yet another chapter in the shameful legacy that Joe Biden is going to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, president of the United States. It's a shame that that is going to be recorded in history for all of time. But I don't know, maybe in the long run, if someone asked me, hey, who won the Presidential Medal of Freedom back in the year two thousand and the year two thousand and two or the two year two thousand and five, I probably couldn't conjure up a single name. So, but hopefully the vast majority of American people will forget about this at some point, and maybe all forget it about it at some point. But I mean, the terrible thing about this is is that it's going to be recorded. It were, you know, in the National archives there for all time that this guy received this what used to be a high honor.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he should serve as a signal that the Democratic Party is committed to backing the radical policies and ideas that George Soros has championed for so long. And so instead of a learning from the recent electoral defeat, instead of saying they are pro police, pro business, all the things that are left so often likes to tell, I think the decision to award George Soros in this medal shows that, in fact they are doubling down and committed to the ideas Again that's been so harmful.
Speaker 1: To us, that true, no doubt. All right, well, Zach Smith, I'll tell you what I appreciate the time this afternoon, and it's it's that Joe Biden is engaging in all these acts as he gets ready to leave office. I think really is going to be a stain on his leggacy if he even even if he had a decent legacy that he was going to leave behind in the first case. So the book is Rugue prosecutors, how radical Soros lawyers are destroying America's communities. And Zack Smith of the Heritage Foundation, thank you very much for the time today. All the best to you, and I hope you get a chance to chat on down the road. Thanks so I look forward to it.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 1: On there you go, all right, Zach, Thank you very much, Zack Smith from the Heritage Foundation. And say, someone getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I guess if that's you, if someone calls you up and says, hey, we need you to come to the White House, you're going to get the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Hillary Clinton got it, Bono got it, Magic Johnson got it. I guess it's a big deal. But when you look at a guy like George Soros and the harm that he has done to so many people, and I was dumbfounded when I was researching this topic for this show today and found this interview that he did with Steve Croft of sixty Minutes and Steve cross Croft asked him about people who he was helping to send to the death camps. He says, you know, he says, I was only a spectator. Their property was being taken away, and he says, I had no sense of guilt after all these years, and no sense of guilt at all that he was a participant in sending Jews his fellow Jews. He's a Hungarian Jew, and he escaped the Holocaust by opposing as a Christian and helped ship ship off untold numbers of other Jews to the Nazi death camps, took their property away, and then went on to make his fortune and now donates heavily to these leftist radical causes here in the United States and elsewhere around the world. And it is a huge Democrat, a huge Democrat donor. So again, I guess it's good to be favored amongst the ruling class and the elitists. It is twelve to fifty five Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: When You Hunt.
Speaker 1: Back on the Big One seven hundred WLW one eight Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham. So we are rocking and rolling until three o'clock this afternoon. We are attempting to make contact with our guest DL W. Wilbur, who has been a great guest on this show thirty years in security and counter terrorism with the CIA and the Department of Defense. He has served all over Europe, all over the Middle East. His book is called In the Shadow of the Swords The Bagdad Police Academy. He is also a columnist at townhall dot com and he has written a piece about a really good piece. And I think all the pieces that he writes are really good. But his latest piece in town Hall is really really good, and he writes, d W. Wilber does that anyone who has followed my columns on this platform will recall me writing on any number of occasions as a reminder about the promise to fundamentally transform the United States made by Barack Who's Saint Obama way back in twenty twenty eight. Well, Obama prefaced his fundamental transformation or comment by declaring that the United States was the greatest country on Earth. It always struck me as curious, why if something wasn't indeed the greatest, that it needed to be fundamentally transformed. And then he goes on to talk about how Obama was never vetted by the media, and for all intents and purposes, neither was Joe Biden during the twenty twenty election. But as promised, here's the one and only del W. Wilber on seven hundred WLW and Dell. Happy New Year to you. How are you, sir?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I'm doing well and Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 1: In return, Happy New Year to you. Before we get into your piece here about the medium, I want to talk to you about what happened in New Orleans. You sent me a text a day or two after the event happened in Germany at the Christmas market there where some some I guess terrorists decided he was going to drive a vehicle down that street, running over and killing and maiming and injuring people. And you texted me a day or two after that event and you said, something similar is on the way here to the United States. And sure enough we had what happened in New Orleans on New Year's Eve. I look at this again, and I look at yet another failure by Homeland Security, yet another failure by the FBI, and yet another failure by uh an ultra woke led police force in the city of New Orleans. What say you, Well, first of all, I hate being right. You know, well, you often are right much. I mean, I mean, you know, but I understand exactly what you're saying about. You hate to be right, but I mean, but that's the thing you don't You don't have to be no stradmis I think to see these things coming. You know, almost anyone that can look at these things and and connect dots A, B and C can have a pretty good idea that, uh, that these things are going to happen if we allow them to continue to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, I hope the hell I'm wrong, but I I think we're at the tip of the iceberg for what's you know, what's coming down the road because of the condition that we've been put in as a nation. You know, how weakened we have been over the last four years. And uh, unfortunately, our our agencies, our federal government that that protects us, or they're supposed to be protecting us and has dropped the ball because they've been diverted to focus their attentions on other things like de EI and and uh, you know, things of that nature. So, uh, we've got you know, President of Trust's administration coming in is is uh has got a tough road ahead of him.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, the FBI hasn't exactly said that that this terrorist that drove down the street and run a pickup truck with an ISIS flag on the back on on the New Year's Eve and on New Year early on New Year's New Year's Day morning. Uh. They they haven't said that necessarily that he was on the radar, but yet yesterday they released video, they had timelines, they had this guy's history, a out of all this, uh, a lot of the radicalization process that he went through. And again, I mean, how many times can we as a nation put up? I mean, fifteen isn't fifteen dead enough? And then and then you've got Adam Schiff who's on NBC over the weekend saying that an attack like this shows why someone like cash Pattel shouldn't be shouldn't be uh approved to head the FBI. As if, as if cash Pateel is somehow going to do a worse job leading the FBI than what we have right now.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I take anything that Adam Schiff says with a great assault to be the guy's the guy's a corrupt Not only is any idiot, he's a corrupt idiot. So you know, so whatever he talks, you know, whatever he says, makes you know, makes no impression on me at all. I mean, the guy Alec said, Uh, the concern that we have and the problem that we have is it's a good thing and it's a bad thing. We have protections in this country that protect American citizens from you know, illegal search and seizure, from undo or give, provide us with due process and everything. And you know, as much as we decry the fact that these terrorists are able to pull some of these events off, some of that is protected by the darn constitution. You know. They they had the right to to believe in whatever radical ideology that they that they may want. I mean, you see it on Facebook, you see it on social media, some of the crazy stuff that is floating around out there, and it's it's it's just something that you know, the old saying that they only have to be right once, where we've got to be right one hundred percent of the time is absolutely true. We can do the best we can. We can try to cover every base, and as soon as we cover every base, they find a whole. I mean, that's that's just a fact of life. It's a it's a constant game of cat and mouse.
Speaker 1: But DW is allowing thousands upon thousands of military age males across the border into our country from China and Iran and other known terrorist countries. Is that doing the best we can is you know, the FBI or the Secret Service saying that it's someone else's responsibility to secure a building that's one hundred and thirty yards away with a direct line of sight to you know, a former president of the United States?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: You know? Is it the best we can do? When on New Year's Eve in the city of New Orleans that where there's going to be we know there's going to be thousands of people out on the streets that we can't put up barricades because the police chief didn't know that we had him. That's the best we can do.
Speaker 3: Now, everything you just said is absolutely correct, Okay. I mean, I'm not defending this current administration, not at all, because they have they have indeed dropped the ball. And I believe that what they have done with Joe Biden and his administration has done on the Southwest border is criminal. And I think I hope to hell that when when President Trump gets into office, that he takes a very hard look at the steps that were taken the lies that were said by DHS Secretary of mariorcis how many times did he stand up before the American people say, oh, the border secure. I mean he was lying to Congress when he said that, he was lying to the American people. Coarine Jean Pierre was lying to the American people every day. So I hope there is someone acountability. I don't know that there will be, but I sure tell hope there is.
Speaker 1: And then what you just talked about right there, the way that we were talked to by people like Carine John Pierre, and people like may Orcus and people like the Vice President of the United States and Chucks Chumer, and the list goes on and on and on talking about how the border is secure, how Joe Biden is fit to be president, and all this other stuff, and none of it gets challenged in a meaningful way by the media in this country. And that's what your whole piece is about. How they have aided and abedded this administration to getting to the point where, I mean, thank god they're out of office in thirteen days from now. But for this fraud to have been perpetrated on the American people like this is an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I'm scared to death what the next thirteen days is going to bring. We've already seen Biden. He's going He's a bitter and spiked, full demented old man and his puppet master is going to try to do as much as he can to to obstruct the Trump agenda as he can before before Biden is out of office. And I mean, I am not not at all looking forward to the next thirteen days.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's uh, God only knows who's going to get pardon who's going to be I mean, he there was eleven Gitmo terrorists that that I guess we were sent back to uh to send back to Yemen or God knows where somewhere in the Middle East, out of out of Gitmo, in uh in Cuba. Just I guess that was yesterday or the day before. So when you know, I mean, how can you how can you look at these terrorists who were rounded up shortly after nine to eleven held in Gitmo and then Biden decides to set them free. How can how can that possibly be? How can how can any one in good conscience look at that and say, yeah, that that's a good move for the United States.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I was all in favor of walking them down to the water's edge, pointing east towards Mecca and tell them the swim for it. I mean that was yeah, that was my uh well, that was my idea.
Speaker 1: But you know, I mean that, I mean, that's right in your wheelhouse. That's a I mean that, that's you. I mean you were there, you you you saw it, you lift it. I mean that was I mean that that that's a slap in the face, I think to someone like you and and everyone you worked with trying to protect this country in the aftermath of what happened on nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is no justification for for all of the the get Moo detainees that have been released, that were many were released during Obama's years. Uh and then now what what Biden has done sending them to Oman, which you know, once they get to Oman, I mean it's probably pretty likely that they'll eventually, uh probably really quickly be released because the Omanis don't really want to deal with them either. So you know it's I tell you, sometimes I wake up in the morning and I think about everything that has transpired over the last twenty years. And I shake my head because there were mistakes made, there were egregious crimes committed, and you know, it's so much of it has been just covered up, and I mean it's you know, I wonder sometimes if we're still in the same country.
Speaker 1: In the real world, in real life situations, if when Trump takes office on the twentieth, and the individuals that he has for National Security Advisor, head of Homeland Security, head of the FBI, those sorts of important national security positions, how quickly can those people be approved, How quickly can they be put in office? And how important is it to get these people in there and not have a lot of leg time because I think traditionally we look at this as this period of transition, even though it's great to have peaceful transition and all the rest of that, but I think traditionally we look at this as this is a chance for are the enemies of the United States to sense weakness and and that's the time to make a move.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I think the the Obonianists, which is what I call them, I think they're going to try to throw as many roadblocks as they can to if not outright obstruct and at least to slow down this transition and make it difficult for those that are stepping into those senior positions to to to be able to start making effective change. You know, Mike Walt, I think is an excellent choice for you know, for security advisor. I think he's going to build a strong team around him. You know, Christine no I I liked her as a you know, as a political figure, as a governor. I think she's, you know, all from all reports, she's done a pretty good job in South Dakota. I don't know how much of credential she has to to have DHS, but she's certainly is a better choice than what we've had under Mayarchus and uh and I can't think of the predecessor under under Obama. But you know, I it's important for the Republicans to quit playing games, to come together and just do it, and do it quickly. You know, have us sit down, come to Jesus, talk with Lindsey Graham and whoever else they have to and tell him, listen, we don't want you playing games anymore. We're going to vote on this and get it done and over with. And that's what you know Trump needs to do, is is just force the issue, because otherwise Republicans will turn around and screw it up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's that's pretty much a part and parcel of what Republicans do. I mean, they have no idea how to wield power once once they have, or wield power in a meaningful way that is going to make a difference for the American people. Pete hag Seth at Department of Defense, I think that's a great choice. And you know, we'll have to see what happens. But d w A you are are I know, you're very concerned about the possibility for terrorist activity in the United States, I guess. And once January twentieth comes and Trump has sworn into office, it really doesn't stop there. So if you were talking to the average person what you are right now over seven hundred WLW what what what kind of pieces of advice can you give the average American to make sure they're doing everything they can to protect themselves and protect their family and their property, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean I've given a lot of presentations on terrorism, terrorism and situational awareness around the country. In fact, I've done them overseas, you know, And one of the things that I tell people is It sounds cliche, but if you see something, say something is definitely accurate. But the other thing that you need to do is people need to start developing their own sense of safety when they're out and about. They need to have their heads on the swivel. They need to be watching around what's going on instead of looking at their phone or you know. In one of my presentations, I challenge people and I says, you know, next time you go to a a a grocery store, or a shopping mall or whatever. I said, before you get out of your car, just sit there for a few minutes and watch the exit and count how many particularly young ladies are walking out with their phone in their hand, and they're looking at their phone as they're walking. They're not paying any attention to what's going on out in the parking lot around where their cars parked. You know what, what might be coming down the street at them. So I tell people, you know, count them, and I guarantee you you'll have a large number who just simply are not paying attention to what's going on around them. We've got other major events coming up soon. You've gotta have Marty Grass, You've got Saint Patrick's Day parades all over the country with the size of the streets lined up with people who are looking to you know, to uh enjoy the parade. In that people need to start really paying attention to what's going on around them, and and if they see something that looks suspicious, hey, put the onus on the cops. Send the cops to go check it out. It turns out to be something innocent, fine, let the Let the innocent citizen raise hell with the police for bugging him, you know, but at least you've done something. You've been responsible, and you've done something to hopefully help, you know, protect yourself and all of us, you know, from you know, from another situation like after the New Orleans.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Dell Wilburt, with that, we got to let you go. It's amazing how fast the time goes whenever you're on. But keep your eyes peeled, brother, and keep sending me those updates. I appreciate it all the time, and we'll have you on again before too long. But Dell Wilbur, thanks for everything. Happy New Year to you, and we will definitely talk on down the road.
Speaker 2: Thanks you all, take care all right, there you.
Speaker 1: Go, d w Wilbur. His book is called In the Shadow of the Swords Bagdad Police Academy. You can also find him at town hall dot com. It is one twenty six Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW al right back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW one thirty nine Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham segment taking a day off from the Stude report, So phone lines are open five one, three, seven four nine the Big One. Cunningham is attending ceremonies in honor of Joseph T. Dieters, Supreme Court Justice. He's up up in Columbus today and that event starts to two o'clock. We are going to attempt to have maybe some sound from that event coming up in about an hour from now, so we will see what happens. But in between then things to talk about. And one is and I was just really the last couple of guests I had on or actually the first, the first and the last I had on. I'm talking about the the incompetence of this administration. And that is one thing that I've talked about an awful lot behind this microphone, and other people are talking about it too. In The Federalist, a great piece by Brianna Lyman who talks about the FBI and how they decided to persecute rather than hunt down real terrorists. And you wonder why things like this happen, and I think too often the answer is that instead of looking at people who really cause it damage, they want to find a boogeyman. They want to find a political scalp. They want to find someone that they can hold up and say, see, see, see, look, we were right. We were right about those military members who are white supremacists, you know, or right about these these dangerous white guys, and all the rest of it. So Brianna Lyman writes that the tragedy in New Orleans may have been avoided if the FBI spent less time targeting parents, Catholics, and countless other dissidents instead of focusing his resources on capturing or catching actual terrorists. Shamsu Din Jabbar plowed through a crowd in his four f one to fifty lightning EV truck draped with an ISIS flag before shooting a police who fatally shot him. Unfortunately, under the leadership of then FBI director, the FBI was too busy doing things like helping to orchestrate a kidnapping plot targeting Democrat Michigan Governor Gretchen Witchman or Whitmer, rather than catch a terrorists. Here's some other things that the FBI was too busy doing. Documents obtained by House Republicans revealed that multiple FBI field offices were involved in the drafting of the infamous memo that labeled Catholics as potential domestic terrorists. Elite FBI memo reveals a Richmond, Virginia field office was investigating alleged white supremacy amongst Catholics who attend Latin mass. The memo warned of radical transitional Catholics and noted possible infiltration into Catholic communities using various kinds of informants. Subsequent memos show FBI field offices in Los Angeles to Portland were also involved in targeting Catholics. How many Catholics have calls mass terrorist events in the United States? I think the answer is not many, of any at all. Jabbar recently began or reportedly began radicalizing in recent months, according to the Times, but the FBI wouldn't have caught onto that because at the same time that Jabbar was radicalizing, the FBI was signaling out Trump supporters. Report from Newsweek showed Newsreek reports to nearly two thirds of the FBI's current investigations focus on Trump supporters accused of disregarding anti riot laws. After January sixth, the FBI expanded it's anti government or anti authority violent extremist category to jumpstart investigations into Americans based on their political affiliations. Is that the kind of investigations we want from the FBI? Because you're a Republican or a conservative that you need to be investigated. Are they investigating liberal democrats the same way? I don't think so. What about school board meetings? Department of Justice issued a memo in October twenty one, according to the FBI, that labeled the activist parents at school board meetings with threat tags. The guidance came just days after the Biden White House approved a recommendation from the National School Board Association that called for counter terrorism measures to be used against parents who spoke up at school board meetings. And I've had people call this show saying that, yeah, that happened, and that happened to me. I spoke up at the school board meeting. Then a day or two later, you get a knock on the door and you start getting asked twenty questions. Look at people who were pro lifers, who were praying, doing little more than praying outside of abortion clinics. And then one of the worst is the case of Rebecca Laveryrin's seventy one years old, a grandmother recently convicted on four counts after she entered the Capitol on January sixth for roughly ten minutes. According to the official statement of facts, two FBI agents showed up in her home on April night, twenty twenty one. They returned the following week, and Lvrenz was sentenced to one year probation. So here's this woman, and the details of her story are absolutely horrible. I mean literally, all she did was walk into the Capitol at here's the timeline. Two forty four, Lovrenz climbed the stairs at the rotunda or to the rotunda. From two forty five to two forty seven, she milled about the rotunda, then briefly left the rotunda for a few minutes, returning at two fifty At two fifty one, she left the rotunda descended the same stairs that she had climbed minutes earlier, spoke briefly to US Capitol police officer, and left the building at two fifty three. Ten minutes of terror, or from the FBI perspective, it was ten minutes of pure terror and terrorism. So a few months after that, she gets a visit from the FBI and they spent all that time tracking her down. When dudes like this, who are plowing through crowds of people and killing and maiming, are free to go about being radicalized and posting stuff on their social media and planning IEDs. So we're too busy looking at grandmothers who walked around the Capitol for ten minutes and making sure that they received their dose of justice. And when I was sick to see yesterday how Hakeem Jeffries and Chuck Schumer held a phony Bologne prayer service at one of the doors where they said, oh, this is where the rioters entered, this is where our democracy was under attack. Hakim Jeffrey said it was a date that would live an infamy, Are you kidding me? And then you had Sonny Hostin and all the rest of them trying to compare what happened on January sixth to Pearl Harbor, World War two, and some other horrible, horrific days in the United States. It is beyond ridiculous, and they don't mind lying about it. And people like this, the look the ones who there are people who engage with police that day, who fought hand to hand with police. And the fact of the matter is no police officers died that day. That is a stone cold fact, no matter how often Democrats in Congress want to lie about it. But people who engaged in hand to hand contact with police, should they be subject to criminal prosecution? One hundred percent, no doubt about it. But how many dozens and hundreds of others simply walked through an open door, walked around the Capitol building for a few minutes, and then simply walked out. And those are the people who should be pardoned by Trump. And we hear all this crying and carpet and hand ringing that Adam Schiff says it would send the wrong message to pardon people like that. Let's go to Kyle in Springfield, and we got Ton in Columbus, and we'll take some other phone calls five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred. The big one and Kyle and Springfield, how are you today? You want seven hundred double?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm fine. I'll just go ahead and start out. Ever since July fourteenth, I believe that was the day when they tried to kill him the first time, I've been getting ready for some kind of event. Because do you think these people that have been on these unelected bureaucrats and these unelected factions that are really calling the shots in this country are going to go down quietly and let Trump implement his agenda. I think I think we have a whole nother thing coming and they're not. They won't be afraid to take this whole country down with it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: And Kyle, I certainly hope you're wrong about that. It's like my buddy d. W. Wilber was talking. He hopes that that he is wrong, but he is there are you know. I mean, the guy's pretty good at reading the tea leaves and talking about what may be on the way. And I think he had some good advice for individuals about keeping your head on a swivel. You got to you got to have a certain amount of situational awareness. You've got to be ready to uh to take steps to protect yourself and your family and your property. You got to be ready for that sort of thing. Uh. You know, I'm not going to sit here and say that that's something. You know, World War three is going to start in our backyard, and I hope that doesn't happen. But the possibility that that there are people out there who want to try and and and do some harm and make a big splash nationally, I think that's a possibility that we have to look at.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I mean there's some kind of emergency going on before Trump takes office. Who knows how long they could keep the emergency going, know, some kind of grain great down event. That's what I'm really preparing for. As a loss of electricity, especially at a time like this, would be kind of stroussic.
Speaker 1: That would be, especially as cold as it's getting now around here. Kyle. I appreciate the phone call. Thank you. All Right, there you go, Kyle in Springfield. Let's go to Cincinnati and talk to Todd. Todd seven hundred ww Hey, Well, how's it going all right? Todd? What's up?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: I was in New Orleans for the All State Sugar Bowl. My son bought me and had'm a ticket for Christmas to go see the Irish win, all right, and so we were there before the parade and I just noticed I happen to notice how thought the security measures were around the parade itself.
Speaker 2: And luckily, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, it's still a horrible event, obviously.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 8: If that would have happened during the Rose Bowl parade, what the terrorists did, would have been hundreds that would have been killed, including kids. There was kids all over the place, thought of football is out in the road and so forth. So I don't know what what the what the answer is for for people to wake up and to realize who they're voting for.
Speaker 2: That it really matters.
Speaker 8: And the mayor was booed mercifully mercusless at the Rose Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what you mean the you mean the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. Yeah, yeah, that's okay. No, I have Look, I don't know anything about that mayor in New Orleans. All I know is that when I've seen her on TV, I've not been impressed at all. Uh, certainly not impressed with the it's not the it's not the you know, the woman that's in charge of police what do they call the superintendent or whatever her title is. Uh yeah, I mean that that is the She is the very definition of DEI and falling upwards and getting promoted with absolutely for absolutely no good reason other than she's she's a woman. I mean all this is the kind of stuff that ultra woke gets you. And I can't believe I'm still angry about this after this amount of time has passed. But I look at that and I just you know, you and I could have done a better job of securing that area than what the police there did, and the FBI contributed to it. In New Orleans on New Year's.
Speaker 8: Eve, it was obvious easy easy access points.
Speaker 1: There was no.
Speaker 8: Police officers guardian the street canal, and all there was were those plastic barrier looking thing. Nothing was protected.
Speaker 1: Plastic A plastic barrier, that's what you saw.
Speaker 9: Plastic barriers like one of those plastic sawhorse things. Correct, Yeah, the like they gotta be kidding, A Yeah, that's gonna stop someone hell bent on driving a vehicle into that. Just you know, we we we do a great job of it here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: And I looked at eleven in City eleven, and they do all those little events out there, and they have not only the concrete barriers, but they got the big old snowploud trucks out there just stopping anything that would come down the road. And you meaning tell me New Orleans, of all places and one of the biggest, most populated areas, the most populated events couldn't figure that out on their own.
Speaker 1: Well if apparently that's what happened, And then Adam Schiff has got the got the nerve to go on national television and say this is, you know, an event like what happened in New Orleans is the reason that Cash Bettel cannot be approved to be the head of the FBI. What what? What the hell?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What kind of crack is that? Guys smoking? I mean, I don't know. I don't know how you connect those dots like that, but I mean, could I could not imagine ever going into a voting booth and seeing Adam Shift's name on a on a ballot and deciding the color in that block and vote for someone like Adam Shift. I just could. I don't know how people do it. You're right, all right, Todd. I appreciate the call. We got to run, brother, We got news coming up here at the top of the hour, and uh, we got Bill and Jeff. Hang on you guys, we'll get to your phone calls and if you want to do that. Five one, three, seven nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred the Big One. As we roll on till three o'clock this afternoon, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW mean back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW, Dan Carroll and for Bill Cunningham. Matt Reees just handed me the very latest update forecast. Let's each flurries today, this afternoon, flurries tonight partly stunning, twenty three, windschill, tomorrow minus one, and then tomorrow night partly cloudy, windchill minus seven. It's it's January, so here comes the here comes the windchill, and man, that is that is not going to be good. How many anchor babies do you think are born in the United States every day? According to new analysis from Bite Breitbart, there are roughly four hundred thousand anchor babies born in the US in twenty twenty four. That comes out to eleven hundred anchor babies every day, one thousand, one hundred anchor babies born every day, four hundred thousand anchor babies. That's four hundred berths paid for by taxpayers. Median calls to childbirth and postnatal care about seventeen grand. That is six point eight billion dollars a year just on the berths alone, not to mention anything else, any other, any other spending that goes along with babies being birthed eleven hundred a day. That number is absolutely staggering, and it's my way of thinking, something's got to be done about that. Let's go to billan Harrison. He's been hanging on for a while. And then we got Jeff and Zena and Mike in Spring Valley and Bill and Harrison seven hundred WLW. How's it going.
Speaker 7: It's going well, just cold and snowy.
Speaker 1: Gotta love it.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 7: I'm too old for the stuff.
Speaker 1: You don't sound that old.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's not how old you are, it's how old you feel. Just a number one. I would give Jedi master Yoda a run for his money today. Anyway. Your first segment about George Soros, Nazi collaborator, business guy, etc.
Speaker 2: And so on.
Speaker 7: He did an interview once saying how he hated the United States generally, probably because we put help put the kybosh on his goose step and buddies and canceled his first little gig how he made money. And I think you what he's trying to do is to set up what Alexis Datokil talked about in his essay on Democracy in America, where the right wing would come and have to put down the left in a substantial way. Jaytokil said that America really will never have to worry about an attack by the left, but it would have to worry about the taranny of the majority from the right. And Soros, I think is trying has been trying to egg it on for as long as he's been involved in all of his underhanded politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, I mean, the guy's got, he's got, He's obvious. I have no idea how many billions this guy has. And it's probably it's probably my fault because I've not spent a ton of time following George Soros or reading about I mean, I know that I know that he's out there. I know that he spends money on all these left wing causes, a lot of the a lot of the the activities of the pro Hamas crowd. After the attack on Israel on these college campuses, was supported by him, paid for by him, all these sorts of activities that he sponsors. So I've not spent a lot of time thinking about this guy. But I mean for the President of the United States to bring him in and give him the what is that the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award you can get, I mean, really is It's a disgrace. It's a slap of the face to all God, fear and Americans, I think, and it really cheapens to Like my guest said, really, what that what that award is supposed to be all about?
Speaker 7: Well, you said you had it right when you said it first. Basically, he's giving the middle finger to everybody in America. That's that's a decent human.
Speaker 1: Being, Joe Biden is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you make your truck with a bunch of people who were ruthless, brutal murderers, killed like ten million, exterminated ten million people simply because of their faith, or because that they didn't bow down to the to their Nazi masters, or in everything else that they did. And you know that goes to show you the quality of his character, which he has done.
Speaker 1: Well, did you did you hear what he said to the reporters yesterday or I guess it was the day of the day before yesterday when he talked about Sean McMahon. Do we have cut number one ready to go? Okay that this has been at a little bit, But here's Joe Biden talking to reporters at the White House the other day. Play that cut number one might being the oldest president.
Speaker 5: I know more world leaders than any one of you ever met.
Speaker 1: In your whole Yeah. So the part we had to bleep out there with Joe Piden saying your whole gd life. So this is the way I mean this guy has he and I've said it before, he's not a good person. He's not a nice guy. He's always been a big time liar and a big time play drift and the guy's a flat out jerk. And we see it demonstrated time and time and time again. Who becomes president of the United States and decides that it's a good idea to release eleven ye many terrorists from Guantanamo Bay and then send them back to the Middle East and omark who thinks that's a good idea? Well, Joe Biden thinks that's A good idea.
Speaker 7: Of question is how much did he and his family get paid to do it? Like everything else, like the sealing off of the oil exploration thing in the Gulf of Mexico, selling half of our strategic law reserve to China.
Speaker 1: You know those those oil reserves still haven't been replenished yet.
Speaker 7: No, they haven't.
Speaker 2: We could.
Speaker 7: We could easily be running into trouble with a quarter tank of gas to get us there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: And it's going to take at least six to eight months to get the all the damage they've done to our energy infrastructure back on the road to being corrected. It's going to take a long time for us to replenish all of our munitions that they sold, probably for bribes to Ukraine under the guise of protecting democracy. As they say, Uh, yeah, they they've pretty much done everything they can physically do to put the United States behind the eight.
Speaker 2: Ball, so to speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the sad thing is they are actually where you see people out there that think you doing a good job.
Speaker 1: Well, no one around know, one that I know around here thinks he's doing a good job. But Bill, I appreciate, I appreciate you looking at things, and I appreciate listening, and I appreciate the phone call. Brother.
Speaker 7: Have a blessed afternoon man.
Speaker 1: Thank you Bill and Harrison. Good stuff there. And here's a letter from Tim Burchett, who was a member of Congress. And here's the letter that he wrote to the President of the United States just a couple of days ago. He writes this, He wrote this to Donald Trump, Congratulations on your decisive victory. November fifth, twenty twenty four. East Tennesseeans cannot wait to have strong leadership in the White House. I write to express my strong concern with foreign aid being funneled to the Taliban and my desire to work with your administration to stop tax dollars from going to terrorists. During the one hundred eighteen Congress, it was brought to my attention the United States Department under the Biden administration, or the I should say the United States State Department under the Biden administration, was funneling money to the Taliban. In fact, when I questioned Secretary Anthony Blinkin about this, he admitted that non governmental organizations, those infamous NGOs, paid nearly ten million of foreign aid to the Taliban in taxes. The larger issue which blancoln failed to acknowledge is the shipments of cash payments in the United States and United States dollars to Afghanistan Central Bank. These cash shipments are auctioned off and they are nearly impossible to track. This is how the Taliban is being funded and plans to fund terrorism around the world. In twenty twenty three, I introduced a bill, says Tim Burchett of Tennessee. I introduced a bill requiring the State Department to discourage foreign countries from providing financial or material support to the Taliban and to report on direct cash assistance programs to Taliban influence over Afghanistan Central Bank. My bill passed the House of Representatives unanimously. Unfortunately, then Majority Leader Chuck Schumer refused to bring the bill up for a vote in the Senate, and he's saying that he hopes this can get done in the one hundred and nineteenth Congress. So there is Tim Burchett of Congress writing the Donald Trump talking about ten million dollars that have gone through these different non governmental organizations and then into the pockets of the Taliban, and those are direct payments to terrorist organizations from this administration and Democrats want to suggest to you that now we don't need to investigate these kind of things. You know that we need to move forward and not by the looking at this kind of stuff. Let's go to Xenia and say hey to Jeff. Then we got Mike and spring Valley Jeff seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: DAN fantastic show.
Speaker 6: So that I just wish you were on here more consistently. As far as mister Schiff is concerned, you have three words for him, Russia, Russia, Russia. That man has no credibility whatsoever. And how the people of California elected him to become a senator just cruised to you that California has absolutely lost any credibility or any common sense period.
Speaker 1: California is messed up. I mean, California is, you know, the home of Gavin Newsom, who in a couple of years is going to be talked about as one of the top contenders to be the next president of the United States, and it already is.
Speaker 6: He was running he was running shadow from under Joe anyways, and you know, from listening to a couple of people, I mean, there is so much word trouble in this country, big trouble in this country, and you were talking about you know, the Taliban and everybody else.
Speaker 1: The people.
Speaker 6: The next problem that we have in this country are the people who are already here and it's just a matter of time until they get their act together and what they're going to do, and they will be coming through the southern border. Well, I mean, they're already here, and we know that because you know, when it happens, we're going to say, oh, yeah, that guy came through back in twenty twenty two. It's amazing how we have all this information on these different individuals about when they came through and what they've been up to and what their timelines are and all the rest of it, and yet we refuse to address this in a serious way and take action to keep that from happening. And how long have we been lied to about this from the national media and from Allahandra Mayorcus to Caringe on Pierre to Vice President Kamala Harris about all this. You know, the border is secure, and you know we're doing everything we can and all the way, and what a bunch of crap it is. I'm hoping that this that, you know, after January twentieth, then I'm not talking about this kind of stuff anymore. I'm just hoping I'm not well, I hope.
Speaker 1: So not too.
Speaker 6: But but you know as well as I do, it'll probably be three, probably three or four years bout time that Trump's leaving office and hopefully JD. Vance is getting ready to take over, that there's gonna be a book written about Biden about how the protection, how everything was done. That somebody is going to finally give up the ghost on that guy, and he probably won't be around anymore anyway, so he won't have to worry about it. But I think that that's got to come forward because the fact that they covered up for him for four years is just absolutely absolutely testable to put that shoe on the other foot. And how many times do you think Trump would have been impeached by now if he would have been there in the same position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Trump would have done the same things, I couldn't agree with you more. And you know, it's just amazing how you know some things that are okay under the Biden administration. You know, when it comes to having your picture taken with Chinese business partners of your son, who you said you never dealt with before. When it comes to having all these LLCs when it comes to what about why has no one ever looked at all the fake names, all the pseudonyms that Joe Biden had as Vice President of the United States, all these fake email accounts, all these phony names, all these emails going out as vice president of the United States. Are you telling me that none of this was documented, None of this stuff is archived. It's fine and dandy. And look if the Trump administration engages the same sort of thing that I will be here behind this microphone calling that out just as I do in this administration exactly.
Speaker 6: And the other thing is too about Hunter, you know, just because he got an amnesty past or whatever whatever, you know, you want to look at them that way. There's no reason why that all that information that was garnered by all these people is not put out in the press because there's nothing stopping it. That it's basically they this is absolute proof that's put out. Just because he has basically been giving a free path doesn't mean it never happened. Well, and why they don't put that out I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, Jeff, I certainly appreciate the phone calling. Thanks for listening. Great, great job, Dan, great, Jeff, happy to know you're tell you Yeah. I mean, Joe Biden is an absolute jerk, just an absolute jerk, and he's not really changing any minds on his way out the door. Let's, uh, let me see, you know what. I really don't have enough time here to be fair with a with another caller. But here's just some of the things. I was reading this article in the Federalist about some of the things that Joe Biden has done, and he they talk about this eighty two year old guy, and you know, the cognitive decline and how some of his behavior can be chalked up to that. But they talk about Biden his first presidential campaign in nineteen eighty eight, he told a voter who asked him about his educational background, he said, I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do. And it turns out that Joe Biden lied about that as well, lied about where he graduated in his class in law school, lied about his IQ, lied about it, just lied about area a well known and documented liar and plagiarist, and none of that was brought up during the twenty twenty campaign. Those things, they were true then, and they are true now and this is when you know, this is where the national media can can make a big difference in these sort of things by pointing this kind of stuff out and not that it's got to be advocacy on one side of the other, but simply getting the truth out there. And there's a lot of people who voted for Biden who I guarantee you do not know, and I have no idea of what this guy did or said when it comes to any of this stuff. Now, we got to get to a break, but Mike from Spring Valley is on hold. When we will get that call in here as soon as we get a chance to on the other side of the break, news coming up at the bottom of the hour, and we will take your phone calls up until three o'clock this afternoon. Then it'll be Eddie and Rocky. So we're looking forward to that. Five three seven, the Big One, Dan Carroll Ford, Bill Cunningham on seven hundred w ULW back on the Big One, seven hundred WW cold as ice is going to be colder than ice starting tonight. Chance the flurries tonight, the overnight low eight tomorrow partly sunny. H I have only twenty three then winds chill minus seven heading in Wednesday night into Thursday. Thursday night, the overnight low is going to be one degree one one one single degree. So wintertime is here. Addie and Rockey coming up at three o'clock. I'm Dan Carroll and for Bill Cunningham. Five to one, three seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Bill Dennison has taking the Stoog's report off today. But Bill Cunningham was in Columbus today for the swearing in of Joe Dieters. And when they have those ceremonies they call them the investiture, the investiture of Joseph T. Deaters. And Bill Cunningham was there today, and had we done the Stude report, I was hoping to take a little clip of what Bill Cunningham had to say as it regards Joe Dieters and use that leading into the Stooge report. But we do, Sean, do we have that clip ready of Joe Deeters being sworn in and Bill Cunningham speaking at that event today, Let's hear a little bit of that from Columbus.
Speaker 10: Here we go, so election returns come in. I'm talking to Joe two or three times. I had a bet with him. I think he lost one of the bets, and I said, I bet Megan Shanahan will beat you in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: He said, there's no way, there's.
Speaker 10: No way that Shanahan and Hawkins are going to beat me in the state of Ohio. Dan, And so the results come in and guess what I won my bet? They both beat Joe Dieters in the state of Ohio. However, the retort, this is why he is such a great guy. The retort was, look, those who know me best made me number one. I said, what do you mean, Hamlin a county voted for me over Shanahan and and Ober Hawkins, so I was number one at Hamlin account. I said, well, the actually, there's eighty eight counties in Ohio. There's not one. So I'm looking forward and paying off my bet.
Speaker 1: So there you go. There's Cunningham having a little fun up at the Supreme Court today for the investiture of Joe Eaters, and Cunningham will be back tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be talking all about it. So, uh, you got a little preview of what he may be talking about tomorrow. So Sean makes sure you save those sound bites for the Stooge Report tomorrow. Let's get back to the phones. Five one, three, seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred the Big One and Mike and Spring Valley's been hanging on for a while and Mike seven hundred WLW. How's it going.
Speaker 11: It's going pretty good, Dan Ed, I will enjoy your show man, And I don't, Carol, I got to hang out. I just got I'm pretty much black at back.
Speaker 2: Whise why call space paid?
Speaker 3: And Ace and Ace?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we live, we live in a world where that sort of thing is frowned upon these days. You know, we we we can't tell the truth about anything. We have to pretend that a boy can become a girl and a girl can become a boy, and and we you know, we have to pretend that there's racism around every corner. So that's you know that, you know, speaking the truth is something that's sort of frowned upon.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, that's what I like about Trump.
Speaker 11: You know, he's uh he says that he has a pretty well wouldn't it, but uh he says he speaks truth, you know, And what happened in uh New Orleans. Come on, chief the police, let's get serious, man, the chief of police.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just I can't see her running that town.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I was in New Orleans two years ago in that town. I love the town. But it's a train wreck, it really is.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what I found interesting though. You've got you've got the mayor there, who seems pretty clueless. You've got that police. They don't call her the chief, she's I don't think it's super intended, but anyway, she's the head of the police there. And and and she comes out and says that, oh, we've got these barriers, but I didn't know that we had them. And then and then when they get deployed, they get deployed incorrectly. So I mean, she she's a complete joke. Came from the city of Oakland, where she was, she was fired in Oakland and wound up in in in New Orleans. So you know, she failed upwards. So I mean, where would you rather be Oakland, California or New Orleans in Louisiana. I think I know where. I think I know where I would rather be. But and then, but here's here's the point I wanted to make on this the first day, the day that this happened. We see the briefing that's headed up by the Secret Agent in charge. Secret Agent in Charge Nosering comes out there and talks about how this is not a U you know, this is not a terrorist event. Uh So when when this so when things get serious? Uh d e I. It's amazing how d e I and wokeness and political correctness takes a bat seat. When they had the news conference the following day putting out the facts of what they knew and what happened and all the rest of it. I didn't see Special Agent Nosering anywhere to be found, did you.
Speaker 11: I love you man hey. Obviously the big kick out of Kennedy watching him in the background. He had so much he wanted to say, but he couldn't say it for some reason.
Speaker 2: But I really he has loved his mind. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, who's that who you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Kennedy?
Speaker 1: The Oh yeah, I probably you. Look, there's a lot of people that didn't appreciate what he had to say. But I mean, looks based on the recent history of the FBI and other agencies within this federal government, what's he doing? He's saying, do your investigation find out what happened and tell the American people the truth. And it's a shame that we have to sit here and cheer that kind of thing on, because I mean, that kind of stuff shouldn't be happening. That we have to that, you know that a senator for me, you know, from the United States Senate, has to put that admonition out there to tell these once great agencies to come clean with the American people.
Speaker 11: Well, the American people aren't stupid, Dan, they know what.
Speaker 3: The truth is.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm really feel that way now, I know what I hope.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Trump, today, he had a news conference down to mar A Lago and he said a lot of things, But Sean.
Speaker 3: Do we have that?
Speaker 1: Do we have another cut ready to go? H Here's what he said. Listen to this. I don't know if you've heard this about the golf of Mexico. Trump has Trump has a brand new idea. He's already talked about the Panama Canal. He's already talked about how he wants to have the United States being charge of Greenland. Apparently he said his son there to kind of scope things out. Here's what he said today about the Golf of Mexico.
Speaker 12: Hit that we're going to be changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America, which has a beautiful ring that covers a lot of territory. The Gulf of America. What a beautiful name, and it's appropriate. It's appropriate.
Speaker 1: So what do you what do you think about that, Mike.
Speaker 11: Man, I've been there, Golf of America.
Speaker 2: I don't have problem with that.
Speaker 1: I think that would be a great thing. We'll see what happens. But Mike, I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 2: Hey, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Dan all right, there you go, Thank you very much, Mike, changing the Golf of Mexico to the Golf of America. Who would come up with an idea like that? Now, obviously, I think he's being a little tongue in cheek, and I think he's saying that because the the President of Mexico is trying to play a little bit of hardball with him right now. But we'll see how that works out. In the meantime, let's go to Steve and Steve seven hundred WLW what I'm good Steve, Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 13: What you got Yeah, I love talking to you. Listen Uh, that guy up there in Canada quit that the French guy in.
Speaker 1: Charge up Ye, Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 13: He went down to talk to Trump, but down at his castle and he I guess I thought things were worked out with him and he apparently they hit. I heard on the news that he quit, resigned because of high inflation and his people want him Mountain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do you really care about Trudeau if he quits or not? Does that really well?
Speaker 13: Well, bother to me, he's gonna he's gonna he's gonna tighten up both borders, if the border in Canada and the border in Mexico.
Speaker 1: That's what sounds like to me, that's what Trump wants to do. But if just if Justin Trudeau wants to step down, I mean, really it should the United States be really all that concerned about who the who the Prime Minister of Canada is?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that really anything?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 1: And and if if Trump wants to look, he did a trade deal with Canada once that that actually I think that it's one of the only things that the Biden administration held onto from the Trump time in office. I believe that that deal is still in effect. So if if you know, if if Trudell wants to step down, I don't. It doesn't It doesn't affect me one way.
Speaker 2: Or the other.
Speaker 13: Is he serious about buying Greenland?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's going to be interesting to see what he does when he gets in.
Speaker 13: I mean, it could happen. That's what they did with Alaska, and that's part of America. You know it could happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I know Greenland can have a lot of strategic importance for the United States. So if if he wants to Russia, isn't it uh, I wouldn't say it's right next to Russia. I think it's kind of far a well, I think it's I'd have to maybe if you get farther to the north, maybe there's.
Speaker 13: A but no, I I want to say about Mexico.
Speaker 2: I hope I help.
Speaker 13: He puts the pressure on that lady in charge to do something about the Patanyl cartels on there. Act like they're they're established, see you know, in charge, and they're just a bunch of thugs.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, if anyone can cut a deal that's going to get something done. I think it's on the Trumpster. But Steve, I appreciate the phone call, Steve, thank you very much and you have a great day. So there you go. We got one more SoundBite to get to. And this is Joe Biden from a day or so ago. And they've been they've been having all these different ceremonies at the White House, and he heard the one earlier where he told the reporters who asked him something about being old, and he's like, I'm old, but you know, I know a lot more world leaders in you they'll ever know. And you're in your whole gd life. Hey what what? What an absolute jerk? But that's you know, that's the way he reacts to people when they when they ask him a question like that. But here he is, and I guess, I'm not sure what this particular ceremony was, and maybe I don't think this was at the the Metal of Freedom ceremony, but it doesn't matter. But there's a young guy in the audience, and I guess he finds out that the guy has a birthday. So so Joe Biden, uh, you know, being the uh, the great guy that he is, decides to call this guy up and stand at the dais with him, and Joe Biden wants to lead the crowd in the singing of Happy Birthday. So here he is Sean McMahon. That is cut number two.
Speaker 5: Happy Birthday too, Happy Birthday, Happy birthday, all right.
Speaker 1: So good for the kid there. He forgot the kid's name. He brings the kid up and says, Oh, that's your birthday, and and it's and and look, I've forgotten plenty of people's names. I mean plenty, Sean McMahon. In five years from now, I'll probably forget your name. Don't be offended. That's just that's just how I roll. I mean Bill Cunningham, that that's the one. That's the one thing that is true about Bill Cunningham. He remembers everyone. I mean, the guy's got I mean, he's got just a memory that that is unbelievable. That the few people that I know, I've got a buddy like that who remembers everyone. And and he'll see someone that he'll remember and was like, oh, yeah, I remember meeting you with you know, such and such an event, you know, five years ago, whatever it was. But I can't do that. But if I'm going to call a kid up on the stage and we're gonna sing Happy Birthday to him, I say, what's your name? My name is Ed. Okay Ed, let's go Happy birthday to Ed. I think I can at least remember that short, short period of time to remember someone's birthday. Next time you get in a situation like that, just slur through it and you'll be fine. McDonald's is getting rid of its DEI nonsense. They put out a statement on the corporate website that says, last year we completed a comprehensive civil rights audit that looked at all aspects of inclusion across our system. We also engage with shareholders to understand their expectations and assess the overall landscape of shareholder proposals. Following the Supreme Court ruling in whatever case of what this is, we assess the shifting legal landscape and to anticipate how the ruling may impact corporations such as McDonald's. And finally, we benchmarked our approach to the companies who are also reevaluating their own programs. I mean, that is just a bunch of PR mumbo jumbo there to say that, yeah, this DEI stuff ain't working, and so they are they are saying see you later to DEI, and that goes right along with other companies that are ditching their DEI programs. Walmart, they stop considering race and gender and supplier contracts Boeing, which disbanded its global DEI department. Maybe a little too late for Boeing, I mean they have, I mean the losses that they have suffered over the last several years, and much of it self inflicted because of the way they've gone about doing business. Absolutely horrible. But in any case, that's going to do it for me. Sean McMahon, thanks for running the board today. Great job as always turning those cuts around. Bill Cunningham I suspectedly back tomorrow as he is finished with his responsibilities. As it relates to Joe Eaters up in Columbus. Always my pleasure to sit in. IM back tomorrow night, and I get to do my regular show on Wednesday night, and that, of course is what we call the midweek Crisis Wednesday night edition. So I hope you can hang around for that until then. I have a great night and try to stay warm. And I don't think there's any more snow on the way, at least anything like we had yesterday. Eddie and Rock you're up next. You're on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: It would suck if I was in a coma because I'd missed Mike McConnell.
Speaker 7: If you were in a coma, you probably wouldn't care about the weather and traffic, but he'd missed the news and sports and.
Speaker 1: The investment news and all those McConnell last Starting your day getting the latest word and a healthy dose of by infects is Mike mcconnald's charm makes you feel good.
Speaker 4: No coma's for me.
Speaker 1: I want McConnell, So tune in and get the goodness you deserve. Coma free is the way to be if you love Mike McConnell.
Speaker 2: Mike McConnell, Tomorrow morning, get bye on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The music we listen to all year long, the anthems that were