Speaker 1: Apparently there was getting that the guy's getting phoned by the police.
Speaker 2: He's felling on the cops and stuff. Oh the guy that they want out, yeah, oh his leases, they're coming it short and he's the cops. He's calling the cops and like the old lady Elizabeth me and this was a story.
Speaker 1: I feel like you need a lawyers of the story.
Speaker 3: He said, he's calling them an old lady because they kept hearing sex sound. And then I said, did she does anyone else live there? And tall that he goes, well, just her son. Great. Hell ladies, gentlemen, welcome back to the DC Retrospective. I am the I'm the clown pins of broadcast, clown prints up podcast trust.
Speaker 1: Now on the DC.
Speaker 2: I am the now scared because it's my job. Kirk composer, Oh, I am the fearful Taylor Field.
Speaker 1: Yes, the gentleman. Now, this is something we promised a long time ago.
Speaker 3: We did Batman to Kick go Off, and we said we're gonna do four movies before Acaman and then never happen.
Speaker 1: So what so what the deal is? We're gonna do same. We make the Marvel retro every time there's a DC movie coming out.
Speaker 3: We will do one and honor of that because we want to do the main series, but we're busy with the regular GV and all the other spinoff shows. So it's either we don't do them or we do them more time. So that's why you know, when Joker comes out, we'll do something else. When Birds of Break comes out, we'll do something else. So after this, I'm not sure we'll do. I think we're gonna save Superman because originally the Superman plan, but rather way till there's another Superman movie and we just do all the Superman instead of just doing one here or there, So we're doing Sorry.
Speaker 4: When you say there's another Superman movie, are you saying I mean another one?
Speaker 3: I mean like when they one's coming. Either if a Superman Girl or movie comes out, that's when we'll do a Superman retro. I think he's deserving of his own, but we can do like these one offs, you know, or and this is an honor of Shazam.
Speaker 1: So ladies, gentlemen, buck up. I don't know. I'm talking rdly because they had a close get your.
Speaker 3: Ring because my daughter is running around. Thanks there you go, Taylor Field, what do you think about this?
Speaker 1: Movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a story for this movie. So when I was working full time at the movie theater, this was one of the movies that was at theater, just one, just one.
Speaker 1: How long did you work in the movie theater.
Speaker 2: I reread there for two years, so not many movies.
Speaker 1: If this was just one of the movies I was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no like that legit the ending. When I was an usher, so I was in the theaters. I've seen all the post credits scenes. I was swooping around and h yeah, the one uh, the one scene aside from four this was another post credit scene that I saw so many times, again and again and again and again and again. Like I can't even find how many times I've actually seen the ending to this whole movie.
Speaker 1: Because even when you're waiting for the theater Claire out, you go in.
Speaker 2: There and watch the last twenty minutes of the movie. So I've seen I've seen it so many times.
Speaker 1: But I remember they used to give out the.
Speaker 2: Posters and stuff too, so I got there's regular movie size movie theater posters, but this movie theater actually had like two times the size of that, four gigantic banners for each one of the main green Lands.
Speaker 1: Helped the viewers or the god. If you pointed something on the giant.
Speaker 2: Curtains and the size, I say, regular curtains.
Speaker 3: He's heard giying huge curtains that I have. They're just regular curtains. So a post the size of one.
Speaker 1: Or two curtains back to back. Yeah, no, one, that was a question. I said again.
Speaker 3: I said the size of one or two curtains back to back, like one and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But there were four of them, and I took all four of them home. I got on an asshole. I know they gave them to me. They're like, I remember they shot on my no.
Speaker 2: Wants these stupid fucking banners, Like, I'll take all. So I took the banners that I remember. I was living on my parents and I was like fifteen year old Taylor Field here and like they were like I left them under the bed in my old bedroom and my parents and I don't know where they ended up. Now I'm kind of upset because I would have loved to have kept them because I didn't have Sinestro, but had fish Dude. It had the big hawk dude doomsday looking guy and uh it had.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, kill him and Gerald keep going on trying.
Speaker 5: I was a kill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excuse me, but I had a fanners on a roll. We start this podcast like an hour Lake. As Tayley's taking phone calls out the yan Yan.
Speaker 1: All the fans are calling them. They're like, oh my god, thousand likes of.
Speaker 2: Facebook, ladies and gentlemen. The phones were going off the hooks. But yeah, no, I got that. I got the howl, Jordan. My phone number is not on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Is that what I said?
Speaker 6: No, You're just like, I don't I just continue. I don't know how thousand likes correlates. You're getting phone calls off the yan Yan. Yeah, I know I had those banners.
Speaker 2: I lost them, but you know, just to say, this is a movie I always wanted to buy because when you go to the story, you see you see DVD DVD's always coming to black standard DVD case.
Speaker 1: Right, Green Lantern was green.
Speaker 2: My so good?
Speaker 1: As you know, ladies A.
Speaker 2: Huge sucker for my steelcases, any kind of funky DVD case.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of back in the day when you get those vhs because that's.
Speaker 1: Like green, like was like late blue. Yeah, those are rob Rats, orange rats, that's right. But so if someone got you that green dut case would be a great present for the movie in it or not? Is just sure the movies said, I don't know answer the first question, making.
Speaker 2: Save some money, I would, I'd exchange it for Daredelf on the shelf for what I take Daredevil out and I put green lantern. That's not what I don't think. That's what you said. You're Daredelt, So.
Speaker 1: Thanks to that great story.
Speaker 3: What did you think about the actual movie you saw when you rewatched it recently?
Speaker 2: I remember, yeah, when I watched it the first time, it was I. I enjoyed it, like I liked how it started off, like I love these some aliens. I love these some Adam Seuwer and stuff like that. So why do you do a lot of comics?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's that's It's really true, Like the origin for most characters in this, like how Hell's dad dies from what I read though with.
Speaker 2: The green lanterns uh, the African American Lantern came first before how Jordan I thought, no, no.
Speaker 1: No Jump Stewart came after really Oh okay, he might even came third after Guy Gardner. I can't remember, but okay, now, Rainer isn't the same ring.
Speaker 2: We don't know Jordan that progresses to each one of these humans or are they different their different rings?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because sometimes there's two lanterns at the same time. I believe how it was, like they seen the movie was the first earthbound one. But that's hard because I'm sure in some connuity he wasn't. But I think as the popular connuity is like he was the first Mirth and then I kind of went there from from out to Earth because oh they're you know, they got valor and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean overall, like I do enjoy the movie.
Speaker 2: I think it's got a lot of crazy stuff, but I enjoy seeing, you know, for the first time in the screen lantern on like the big screen like this, with like the early two thousands effects that they've thrown in there of like him using the movie and eleven eleven.
Speaker 1: Didn't feel like it.
Speaker 2: Watching early two thousands movie. That only two thousands movie.
Speaker 1: I'll go back. Even for Asturassic Park, let c G. I would be on points.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like they didn't have much CJA because they coded it and with the right moments. You know, it all depends on the atmosphere the right moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think the movie overall it was good. I really at the time.
Speaker 2: It never really since that. You know, Ryan Reynolds obviously loathes the role. But now I can't wait because you're gonna get into that at the end of the episode here it's not some trivia. Yeah, so yeah, take it away.
Speaker 1: What do you think about when you watch it this time?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was definitely well.
Speaker 3: I kind of hinted that, you know, the CJ I didn't hold up. So now I gave it a review kind of what type of movie fucking reviewer are you?
Speaker 1: What do you think about it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: He kind of liked it, so you can never say he was like, you know, k now I'm doing with Taylor.
Speaker 2: So the first time that I had seen this movie, I didn't mind.
Speaker 1: Just hint, though, don't let it. I'll hint. What do I feel about it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: When I originally saw it, I didn't mind it that much. I it definitely didn't age well though, So I don't know. I feel like I just wasn't much of a movie critic the first time I saw it. I was just you know, big explosions those early two thousands according to Taylor cgi moments, I did the like, I will give him credit.
Speaker 1: I think stroe is bad as that's CG. What's the actor's name, Mark?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought he did pretty good for the role, for what he was given at least. Yeah, So originally I liked it.
Speaker 4: I like, I don't know, I like Ryan Reynolds as an actor before I saw like what he's what he's in now, so back in the day, back in twenty eleven, Ryan roelds early early two thousands.
Speaker 2: But watch it now.
Speaker 1: I watched it last night.
Speaker 4: And I got about halfway till I fell asleep, and I was it was it was a struggle. Like the first ten minutes, I was like, I cannot believe that I actually tolerated this movie, Like, well, was the sleep but because you were tired of.
Speaker 2: Exhausted for the day, or was the sleep because the movie was unsatisfied?
Speaker 4: I'll I'll give you that point. I was definitely tired and it.
Speaker 1: Was near near the end of my day. And but a good movie maybe could have kept them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely shutting, But yeah, no, it did not age well for me. A lot of the scenes and just the writing of it.
Speaker 4: It did not draw me in like whatsoever, and like the scenes that I remember liking, like when he's like making like when he's just at the party, when the hell the cocktters crashing down and he makes like the race track to save it.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 4: It's just like, oh my gosh, like you could have just you could have just thought of anything, right, I don't know. I'm not gonna I'm not. I don't know, but just a hint to how.
Speaker 1: I felt it was.
Speaker 2: In age I fell asleep.
Speaker 3: Okay, this movie I remember because this movie came out the same week I was graduating twenty eleven, so that's some fun. I skipped to go to a party, or I skipped a party go this one. It was a great excuse because I really didn't want to go to that party. I'm a big fan of my high school. And two, I just wanted to see the movie. So I was so excited. You know, we had some rough patches. I've been origin and stuff like that, but really, you know, Our Man just came out a few years ago. Dark Knight, you know, Dark Knight Rises coming out the year after. It was just so tough to think that this is a year before The Dark Knight Rises, which I know people not everyone loves, but if you look at just seeing.
Speaker 1: The colony compared to like that they're a year apart. I didn't think about that a year apart, so it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So I remember just being excited though, because I don't think he's top ten for me, but I think if DC characters were, he's probably my top ten, top fifteen kick around that. I'm a big fan of how Jordan. He's one of the more DC ones I've read. I read like a lot of Batman other DC got sprinkled. It's probably given him flash. They're kind of tied by read. So I was very excited, and I remember being I think the first comic book movie I disliked watching at the time, and I remember that was my first like being a snotty fan when everyone in my family went to really enjoyed it and I was like, no, like, I don't like this, and it didn't have the same vibe as the comment for me, because I think the main thing was that I was off like the chain.
Speaker 1: Once they announced Ryan Reynolds was being cast, because I don't think he does it great. I think he's just Tryan Reynolds in this movie, and I think that works for Deadpool. But how Jordan. He is a comedic character and he has a funny side, but he's just.
Speaker 3: So quickly in this movie he's just Ryan Reynolds, and that's not how Jordan HALLI Jordan has a bit more seriousness. I think Ryan Reynolds trying to be serious, but I don't think he was at the stage of his career where he could really pull that up off. I don't think he does the like badass action here a well Mobs part, and even in Deadpool he doesn't have.
Speaker 1: To do that too much.
Speaker 3: So I think he's much better off where he is now. And I feel pretty much the same. Nothing really changed, if anything. I liked it left this go around just because I didn't. I'd only watched it in twenty eleven. I've never seen this movie again because one of those like I hurt me so much, like I do not need to see this one of my favorite DC characters watch it again for this and I was.
Speaker 1: And this was the thing, though, I was expecting to have a lot more.
Speaker 3: Fun with it, because there's so many times we're watched bad or a movie that I thought was bad and it's just amplified.
Speaker 1: It was just kind of boring. There's a few things I shut up that I like, Like.
Speaker 3: You said, Mark Trunks and Nesher he's good, but he's he's so barely in this like he's just it's just like a slipper and everything else is just really comical but not even a fun way.
Speaker 1: And I hate Hector Hamlett so much. Yeah, he's just he was just rating and like I'm the.
Speaker 3: Guy and it's not because of people are even like, oh, you know what to like a weak villain. No, like I'm still in a defense. Kyle of Ren, who had times just like a man child. He is just like nails on a chalkboard. He screamed so much of this movie. It's it's painful. It just like everything that's going on, it's just bad writing to cig. Like, it's tough to say this because people always say this, but the suit just looks terrible. I hate the mask on his face. The mask just does look like someone's not mentioned. When we're recording this, we've got lots of Willsmith a Latin Genie controversy going on, and this is just like that, you know, it's just it's just not a great movie. It's a movie that I will never ever watch again, probably after this, because I have no reach.
Speaker 1: It's note was so bad, so good, you know, it just was not there. So that's all I'm excited for. Tide that someone defense you though you made. I thought you said you loved it when we last talked about it. But maybe rewatching it retract that or is that a question? I don't know. Actually I really don't like question. Yeah, i'll take it. Maybe you can take this question answer later that you have to defend some things. Why you like this, I'll defend I kind of like, Suit, I'm not gonna lie, okay.
Speaker 4: I kind of like like the how it looks like it's like living, you know, it's like a second skin. But the mask, well, especially that last scene when he's talking to Carroll and he's kind of like a half smile on and like the mess it looks like it's another smile. So he's got like two greens going on.
Speaker 2: It's like the equipment to a CGID mustache.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does like it's very bad, but yeah, I can agree. I think the suit. I can agree. They don't mind. Look, I think it's just.
Speaker 3: It's still the stage where it looks so Sigy takes me out of Like there's songs where his head just looks physically imposed, like especially when they got just the Net Show, It's like, what's.
Speaker 1: Going on there? So like I agree the idea of that. I think they just need to like they should have toned it down a bit, but they they did well. There's definitely some scenes that will look weak or it's always different, like they had a little bit Taylor, you know, start going some pauses about this movie. You can take us anywhere you want when it's cast or scene. Tell me some stuff to like, because all I can think of really was Mark Strong and that was about it. I think like they have.
Speaker 3: Good chemistry, remems like lively, but it's just lots of bad writing and lots of like it's still very just like I'm gonna file but take the pants off.
Speaker 2: It's your old school like I don't know, you don't if you don't have, you know, the ability to throw in some good writing and just have the actor screen through the film.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll make up for.
Speaker 2: My favorite I like that one. My favorite thing about the Green Lantern movie though, is the fact that I at the time, you know, I didn't know how they're gonna be fear, you know, like how do you beat fear just.
Speaker 1: By not having fears?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, missiles apparently, But like at the same time, I thought, you know, as they revealed it, I've thought, you know, how that's so cool. You know, all these lanterns die and they don't have fear, but that's the thing that holds them back from being as powerful.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's because I like that kind of message in.
Speaker 2: Humanity that they throw on down in humanity being you know, having motivation and determination, just what kind of like the people we are, And I like that however presented itself and how with how he uh he realized that you know, it's have beers and a sign weakness like the lanterns, you know, preach, it's actually something to be grateful for because it means you're gonna strive to be even stronger and work even harder because you are afraid of failing. You know, you're afraid of you know, losing. So it's gonna motivate you to try harder.
Speaker 1: Than the other than someone else would, So it makes you strive more.
Speaker 3: The parallels to dark Knight Rises are even more scary. Now if you need to take that, you can walk away.
Speaker 1: He made that as awkward as to be because in Dark Knight r he just laughing as he's like looking at you. In Dark Knight Rises, you know how like Bruce Reay gets put down the cave and whatnot always said another one.
Speaker 3: So wow. So when his back is broken, he's in the lads or remember that, yeah, yeah, yeah, and he keeps trying to do that jump but he can't make it, and he does the jump on the basis last time. It takes the rope off himself because the guy in the pit says, you got to take the rope off yourself, so you'll have.
Speaker 1: Fear because see he's back.
Speaker 3: He's some about the whole time how he's not afraid of anything, and he says, you need to find that fear again.
Speaker 1: So like the fear of jumping without a rope will motivate him.
Speaker 3: So it's quite scary when he was talking about that that a year later, you know, that's very similar.
Speaker 1: I think Tarnor has.
Speaker 3: A good thing of like there's themes in a movie he really likes. I just think it maybe he'll defend himself and he gets back. I think I think they'll say a.
Speaker 1: Theme and that's what they're going for, and terribly like it, but the.
Speaker 3: Execution of the theme is not really there. I think it's just very like surface level of just hey, everyone has fear, and yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's just an overall message, just like the whole Green Lantern core.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not like what the movie delivered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say as far as pauses, I actually do like the stuff on Oa, like the planet.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it. I like his interactions with the trainers.
Speaker 3: I kill Log and Sineto, I think they I like all that. I like the planet's very I feel like I have my notes. At one point, we go buy so much stuff in this movie, like really quickly, like the Origin.
Speaker 1: Kind of happens. But then he's the fire play. They find out that.
Speaker 3: There's aliens on their earth, and he never really like there's not much attention paid to like him and taikoa TV are just like there's.
Speaker 1: Aliens on Then that happens and then he goes oh and he comes back. It's so quick, like I don't know what you could done.
Speaker 3: I think stuff like Hefrahammon and having some weird relations with his dad, Like there's.
Speaker 1: Stuff in this movie.
Speaker 3: It has all the problems like every classic comic movie does, where it's like it just has a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of plot lines and whatnot, but anything else positively.
Speaker 3: On show Taylor or on this positive kick, how do you feel aout Ron reynlds plously not really comms, but how do you like him in this role?
Speaker 2: Well? Seeing him, you know, after Deadpool and everything, it's I just feel like there's a totally different kind of experience watching it. I feel like I can see more hearing kind of people's input about his role in this film. I can feel and see more that he disregards it a little bit. He's not too much like on board with that, kind of like a Ben Affleck in Justice League kind of equivalence.
Speaker 1: He's never said that though, no noooards and beds, But.
Speaker 2: I think though that his performance the role like I didn't mind it, you know, I think, you know, it felt like it was like definitely on like the cusp of what he was meant to be because personally, and he asked me, I feel like his superhero role is he was always meant to be Deadpool. And I remember when he was casted as or when he was when Green Lattern came out. When he was playing Green Latern, I remember thinking like, oh, why would.
Speaker 3: They do that.
Speaker 2: They picked the wrong hero, make him Deadpool all the time, And when that happened he was Green Lantern, I thought he's never actually gonna be Deadpool.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that too for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, I definitely thought, you know, the experience was definitely positive for me watching his performance, and I liked how he delivered. But I definitely feel like his humor was pulled back a little bit because in most of his movies he definitely has the same kind of mindset, and this felt like he was acting to not be himself in those movies, if that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense, kind of he was trying not to be Ryan Reynolds. Yeah, he's still running around exactly. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like the first time I watched this, he was definitely like one of the high points of the movie for me, just because I liked him as an actor at the time.
Speaker 1: I wasn't like you guys where I was just like, Oh.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be Deadpool, Like I feel he's gonna be Deadpool because I honestly didn't really know much about that character, like way back when this movie came out. So it's funny watching it now though, because now all I see is him as Deadpool.
Speaker 2: It's just like, it's really weird.
Speaker 4: So it's it's definitely like trying to think about my mindset of the first time I watched this back in twenty eleven, before I even knew who Deadpool really was, right, Yeah, so that's kind of interesting. But I remember the first time I watched I definitely I don't know. It's hard to say, because it happened a long time ago, Like I don't think I was in high school when this movie came out, So maybe I was just so innocent and just like, oh, he's just funny.
Speaker 2: I love him, and I just like seeing him on screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I already said my kind of piece, and I don't think anything says probably just don't think he's right for the role. I think he was like.
Speaker 3: His arc is accepting fairly. He said it's it's done. I think just fine. I think it's like I was saying, well, you were out. It's very surface level sort of stuff. So yeah, but that's all I kind of say on him. Blake Lively.
Speaker 1: I'll start with her.
Speaker 3: I like her on this roll, which I remember not like him the first time. Maybe it's just a simple favor bias happening right now because I.
Speaker 1: Really liked doing that.
Speaker 3: But I thought that good chemistry. But I don't think she really has anything to do in this movie. She's just around. Well yeah, true at the end she stayed right, but she just she just feels like she's just kind of around and she's she's a damnsel on distress twice. And that's not even a big knot for me because I was kind of movies back then, but it's just there's just nothing like I guess her thing is to be. I guess the problem is they hint at they used her a few times to talk to how to be like, oh, you're scared of something like you didn't because one thing I did like in the film that they don't die that deep into is like you kind of suffered from PTSD and they talk about it a little bit, but they don't really die deep into it. And I like that scene with their dancing together and she brings that up. I like that, but then I feel like that's the last time for a while, they have an interaction, then he's off.
Speaker 1: They come back to the party. I love the balcony scene where she figures out that he's a hollow door.
Speaker 3: Because it's such like at that point, I felt like there's so many superhero films alway just to call it just because I can't see if shes good to you, because I thought that was fantastic. That's probably my favorite thing about this movie. I think it was like a fun meta thing. I think it also helped that to have at that point when we were thinking this could be a franchise. There are so many times where the love and just didn't know who the hero was, so that was something different.
Speaker 1: So I liked that. I liked her, but I just feel like she had nothing to do in this movie. Really, She's just kind of around. So that's a good point. I definitely feel the same.
Speaker 4: I feel like she wasn't that useful except for like kind of reaching into like Tal's mind and about like the.
Speaker 1: PTSD with his dad. Yeah, oh, like I checked the manifest I like.
Speaker 2: Nothing went wrong, so went on up there.
Speaker 4: But she would bring in like the worst times if it just accept the dance maybe exactly, but no I definitely that there's another puzzle point I'll take, though.
Speaker 2: I like their chemistry.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's just biased because I like, obviously they're married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they have a good relationship and they're pretty funny like on Twitter and stuff.
Speaker 2: But that might just be a bias.
Speaker 1: But rewatching again, I appreciate their chemistry. I think know her. You don't have a proper kind of for Hector. That's completely wrong, that's completely wrong, all crazy. That's because that's where the real movie is. Just because I feel like, for the most.
Speaker 3: Part this be other than the idea of green Lantern in the ring, I feel like it's a pretty generic origin story.
Speaker 1: And the villain is just classic bad origins.
Speaker 3: So define how to meet her because Hector isn't Hector doesn't have a steel Blake Lively to like halfway.
Speaker 1: Through the movie.
Speaker 7: So no, when they're little, I knows thet I don't count the little scene I was waiting for that scene since they're a little after that, it's not to the party, which is.
Speaker 1: Near the back, but he's obviously obsessed with her.
Speaker 2: I mean like he's like that, he's like, what's the guy's name from two Towers who wanted.
Speaker 1: The normal girl. Yeah time, he's like that guy googling over the girl. You know he is.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing in Lordly Wings, it was just this little size in this that's the problem. He has this relationship with his father, which is not great, but that's a storyline. He's obsessed with Carol. He's kind of he's not obsessed, but he's like jealous of Hell And I think that's the problem where they needed to there's so much fun only where when he goes to the plant and they I don't think they need Takowa TV in this movie.
Speaker 1: We all even know.
Speaker 3: I like seeing him because if they wanted to do this whole like it's not even love Triangle, but this whole situation, they needed to show those characters together way more, because I feel like, didn't Hector and how I even have a scene together till the party as well adult versions, right, so I feel like they don't interact at all, and then the next time they interact, it's just it's all going, heywar and.
Speaker 1: Stuff and the dialogue. I know, we're just praising. This isn't her fault.
Speaker 3: But the first time she meets Hatta at the party, like, oh, let's I see you look great and you know you look great as always, and she's just like, yeah, you know, you had a really tough life throwing him, I'm glad you turned out.
Speaker 1: Okay. Who says that sort of shit to people? You would never I would never say that to anybody. It's different too, like his dad had passed away. His dad is just over there, so you're like be littering his death. So it's just all the dial Most of the dialogue in this movie is very much like that. It's because they know.
Speaker 3: They don't have they're not spending the time with characters the same thing when you're talking about fear. They know they're not gonna get too deep into it, so let's just have the characters say what they want you to think about. But he is if we had a maybe if we do our DC pool one day, if he's aunty we arguing a DC pol he didn't make the.
Speaker 1: Cup for our villains. When this will be live? Actually go to Facebook. We put that right now. Yeah, this drops, the DC Pool will be on.
Speaker 2: It will be yeah yeah, lady jumping clicking her mission and check it out. Check out the DC poole going down right out. It's a crazy line up. I can't say who is versing who Michael versus Bail Batman or Aquamann versus Hell.
Speaker 3: Hector didn't make child did, but we have what is I think sixteen yels and sixteen villains for DC and Honor Shazam's kind of DC mode there, So check that out.
Speaker 1: Do you sell the guy a man trying to get a little boy? Girdlin? You like Hex, you like Constantine, you like it?
Speaker 3: I don't think many people know that jonah X and John Constantine are DC character.
Speaker 1: Really, do you who's jonah X exactly? Callistine like Kennery?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't know was I like that movie?
Speaker 3: And Jonahan's is a cowboy movie that came out a few years over here, and that's Josh Brolin Michael Fastbenders in it.
Speaker 1: Remember that we're gonna retro one day.
Speaker 3: I think next that I looked the next one, we're retroing as cat woman Hell his hell.
Speaker 1: But it's a check out that pull. But Hector unfortunately did not make the list.
Speaker 3: We try to get the best, but yeah, he is if we did it ranking, if we ever do another one, I'd easily not vote for him.
Speaker 1: Over anybody. I think only next to this would be like Jared Lell's Joker for me, just because that hurt me on a personal level.
Speaker 3: But and I said I mentioned at the beginning, it's just his scenes where he's just sick in the bed and he's looking at himself and he's just cheesy and there's no moe where they're they're doing scientific experiments on he's laying down and then he pops up and he's like it just has like a smile and he's.
Speaker 1: Just it's weird. I don't know. I don't know what they're trying to go for with him, and I feel bad for the actors.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this toe is a top five worst como films of all time for me.
Speaker 2: I just it's just nails on chalkboard. That's the best way I can say. Did he get any major rolls after this movie?
Speaker 1: I would say major. I wouldn't say major. I think him being in makeup and the way he gonna help. But he was never a major actor before. He kind of just stayed the same. This is helps. This was his make it or breakdown scream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me look look at what films he's known for. He's known for Shattered Glass with Dane Christiansen. It's all any stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is probably his biggest movie he's ever been in. And yeah and his last and his last biggest movie. Well, who knows, maybe Green Lantern too, Like you want Green Lantern too? Maybe in marble pick them up? Maybe, Tay, what did you like about this villain having to talk about with you guys?
Speaker 2: Definitely points out a lot of stuff because they went over over my head, the screams and how many screams he does, because like I like, I like to do this thing when I watch movies when something becomes repetitive, I I'll make it better myself, like, oh it's gonna happen again, and it happens again, Like, oh it happen again.
Speaker 1: It happens again.
Speaker 2: And then after you guys pointed out the screams, I started counting my head like, oh, it's gonna happen here, aha, in here, like it man, it blew my mind how many screams he actually does. So I think that's it's I can't see it as a negative because I had too much fun laughing.
Speaker 1: At it with you guys. But like, he definitely is got you know, his his like weird looks and stuff.
Speaker 2: He always grossed me out as a character, but like, yeah, I'd much rather with like Mega Mind please magmies I smooth and Blue.
Speaker 1: Did you say no? I said, oh my god, sho you to pick someone comes?
Speaker 3: And he says, tomorrow when you're waking up to look at Mega Mind or looking gets the girl, he says, and he grind was like Bang's coming through, and it's like he's just like.
Speaker 1: Superpowers and he just has some porn.
Speaker 8: Eighties porn stash going on his look, like even when he lies down next to how He's like, yeah, Carol, like this one of those like weird moments that I'll ever forever throw into like the lineup of super moments like this guy bothering you and like just stuff like that, just.
Speaker 1: Stuff that doesn't fit in a movie. But I'll take it. I'm not gonna o my god, I won't be upset. What's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should take it, take it.
Speaker 1: Take a walk, Kirklyn, you haven't got any thoughts on hector him and nothing really positive.
Speaker 4: Then, like what Taylor said, where it's just funny to kind of meme about right, Like there's definitely those moments you took from these bad movies that you know, at least it's enjoyable, and.
Speaker 1: He's definitely give everything's kind of just like generic and boring. He's the guy that went he went for it. Yeah, you know, they definitely screwed him over though, like he was just had a horrible life.
Speaker 2: His dad just didn't want him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't stand this guy exactly, poor dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to think of you know, so I want to talk about Yeah, I like Sinatra in this movie. It obviously were jumping in the end here, it's a notorious ankret syne. I hate the n cret scene because for this movie, he is just he's just a good guy helping trying to help stop Parallax.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess also in text fact we sho just talk about Parallax because I guess that is another build in this movie. But it just makes no sense. Even in the movie, they don't even give a hint that he has any bad but in his body.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and they take like the Marvel approach that oh, we're gonna set it up. But at least I feel like there's most of the time. That's why I more successful. There's something and I guess the best people kind of us. Examples doctor Strange. You remember Baron Mortar in that movie.
Speaker 1: Doctrine's like buddy, and then the end of that movie and in credit scene he's bad.
Speaker 3: Even that movie, he kind of got the sense of like, Okay, he's disagreeing with the Council and he's disagree with the ancient one and he clearly says, I can't.
Speaker 1: Do this anymore.
Speaker 3: And there's times where Sinatra is disagreeing with the Guardians. But I thought this this was still like okay, we introduced Sinnatro. Part two is gonna be where he goes the only part three words of the villain. I felt like there's a big missing junk to where he's good trying to help out to where.
Speaker 1: He just decides to put on the ring for no reason. In the comics, he decides to do this so he could make.
Speaker 3: Things better, because he uses the way, and really because he's in this for so little, you don't get much of and he's just a trainer and he's.
Speaker 1: A good guy in this movie.
Speaker 4: So I well, especially like how it ends at the end, he's all happy, He's like how like Save the Day. Yeah, this show why we should be green lanterns and why the ring shines the scenes.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, look at this one, and maybe someone could be like, oh, on a sequel, they'll like retroactively explain why he did that. But as a standalone movie where we'll never be getting a sequel, it just makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: But actually, for talking about all the seas in the movie, I think all the lanterns look good, like even the bug people.
Speaker 3: I think he looks the best at it because there's times where I'm not sure you have to look behind the scenes. They probably did so maybe prosthetics if they didn't cruise them, because I feel like when they go to his face, it looks like the skin at times it doesn't look even his ears don't look like Willison's Aladdin years. You know. So I liked him and they're like all the cores being in there, but I just feel again like they didn't know what they wanted to focus on in the movie, and he's there.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 4: But I definitely agree with you where there's a lot of missing gaps in there, especially if you go to that end credit scene.
Speaker 1: But like, this is definitely a stretch. But it's almost I kind of compare him to They.
Speaker 4: Didn't really say who the Guardian was, but the guy that turned into Parallax, Like, yeah, the tensions were pure, like he wanted to be good, but.
Speaker 1: He needed that power to.
Speaker 5: See that.
Speaker 4: I'm contradicting myself though, because I'm trying to think of Sinestro trying to be like more powerful for the better.
Speaker 1: For the greater good. But I guess it goes to the end and he's just putting it on.
Speaker 3: I guess the only thing is because the Guardians kind of explain why he turned right in Scenestro.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the second one they would have been like.
Speaker 3: Oh, he picked the ring because of these reasons, right, But in this movie, you don't get anyone telling us why he would pick the ring other than I think they just do it because they know Kalma fans. But oh, they'll fill in the gaps because they've read this. They know he's a bad guy. But that's what you're not supposed to do. You're supposed to still tell it. So people like our parents and people that don't read these aren't in the com Mo woes, they'll get it.
Speaker 1: Aspect, Oh he's just a generic backer because that's what he feels like.
Speaker 3: Dude, he doesn't feel like he's gonna have any motives or storytelling next year.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna be the new bad guy that's obsessed with fear and whatnot.
Speaker 4: It almost would have worked better, though, It's like in the middle if they would have done that scene in the middle because they went and fought Parallax, got their ass handed to them. Yeah, and then he goes back He's like, the only way I can beat him is if I get that golden ring. Yea. But then, like you take the Parallax factor out of him, it's like, what motives does he even have.
Speaker 1: To get the ring?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you have I have my notes to one of my.
Speaker 3: These paracines as well as you how Jordan's fighting fight off against Parallax and the ideas to burn Parallax because he says bigger things burn faster. I don't know if that's science or not, so please look from the comments below. But then he defeats Parallax with a big punch Tatum when we were watching the Anyone whoa so big punch? And then Parlax bills in the sun and then after they out exhaustion and collapses and he's falling into the sun and then all the corpse come and they get him, and it's just like you really have the whole time you didn't help him at all.
Speaker 1: I know, maybe Seinestras like guys wait for him to be done. Yeah, that's his little like mastermind. Yeah, I get the ideas. Maybe they showed up just in the naked time, but it was it was kind of cheesy. So but yeah, do you have any.
Speaker 3: We're talking about theNational kind of the course and we tied it with the end creds and I know you talk about that, but how'd you feel about thet.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's down right ass what an as? Yeah, he's an ass, Like he's got that uptight like I'm you know, you're a puny human.
Speaker 2: You know. He doesn't for someone who's so loyal and believing in what the core is all about, he just disregards why the rain chose how but what.
Speaker 1: About has to make mistakes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the end, he's like calm after but he's one of those guys that obviously needed to see it.
Speaker 1: To believe it.
Speaker 2: When to be a green lantern, you need to.
Speaker 1: Just believe it in order to see it. I kind of think, you know, because like you just took that phrase and switched it. Yeah, well, wouldn't you say, because I'm not trying to deffit of the greatest, but.
Speaker 3: The trainee secret that is supposed to like show his will power and how he is right. So you would assume maybe people in the past before had picked it up a bit faster where he's doing it, and Sinatra's like, I don't see the potential, miss I think, yeah, I think it's probably.
Speaker 1: Is based on his race too. He's probably like a more logical kind of guy.
Speaker 2: He's very prejudiced against human This is gonna go fish people, but those humans. But overall, I think, yes, he is an asked in my opinion, but I think he's still a cool character.
Speaker 1: I like all the other Aliens.
Speaker 2: I thought it was funny the ending when they just show up there. I feel like when you look at the Core or Iowa whatever the planet's called, I can't remember, but like you see like the hundreds of thousands of green lanterns.
Speaker 1: I feel like if all of them were to.
Speaker 2: Charge Parallax at the same time, the parallax would get fucked. Oh yeah, but that was another big, like flucked twist I didn't like.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else I was gonna say there. Nice, How do you guys feel about Parallax big floating squid word?
Speaker 2: I'll try you really did not like that one black chick targeted that chick for Yeah. So when Parallax like breaks out of the airport and starts going to town the city, he's just like he's his cloud is mist is flowing through the roads and it's literally, as Kirkley says, it's just like a re edited like scene from I didn't say that on air, not on air. I want to give some pretext there. Yeah, okay, well I'll explain my part and then explain your part, because you said a great thing about that scene. So, yeah, so Parallax is zooming along and he's like going through the street and he's absorbing people's fear, and like everyone's running all over the place, and there's this one black woman who trips and falls and she turns over like classic people do in these movies, and she's staring at Parallax, and.
Speaker 1: Parallax is like looking at everyone, just kind of eating people.
Speaker 2: And then he stops eating everyone and hons in eyes a eye with this innocent black woman just lying there and then charges at her. Out of everyone, I guess she had the most fear that he was just creating.
Speaker 1: You know, So this is parallax. He takes in force bass almost like a da doves. It looks like a remlin, yeah, like if you look alone, but he takes.
Speaker 2: Different forces bas more just like butterfly sons also like electricity.
Speaker 1: Coming around and about fear.
Speaker 3: So that's why I as Combo fans, and you saw all of us when we saw a parallax, because I'm pretty sure in the trailers they didn't really show them, and then when the movies happened, you were.
Speaker 2: Just like it wasn't even really yellow in the movie.
Speaker 1: The raves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and notoriously in the fan community is called like the Diarhyma monster, and he's just like if you look at Fantastic four Silver Surfer, he's like a cloud.
Speaker 1: And I always hate that even with Doctor Strange, they did a better job with the with the dorm move. But I hate that all.
Speaker 3: These films that are big, like these fear things or something like that, they always just choose instead of designing that, let's just make a cloud or something, you know, like Silver Surfer and Fantastic four.
Speaker 1: He just I think he just says creativity. I don't know, like, look at what they're doing in Greenland. You don't think they could have pulled that off. He looks like an evil version of.
Speaker 2: The Flying Dog from that running story.
Speaker 1: I think they could have pulled off. I just think they're more worried about audiences as being like we care.
Speaker 3: I just think they'd be more like audiences can't accept this, like look inside fib.
Speaker 2: Maybe they made it and it just looks so bad. Maybe coola better, let's do Octopus.
Speaker 1: When his pace came out was not not great either, so he kind of looked like Hector with a bold head. Do you think that's why similarity you're gonna turn into me? I?
Speaker 3: I gyuaes And I'm trying to think why, because I know he like cut his he cut his hand and that made him get the alien juice. And do you like Evans Evan sir? Because he is Evan sur because he just is Tamir Morrison. Uh No, that's an actual place jangle Fann. He's playing Amnsur.
Speaker 2: I did not know that, but I just I just like ans because I liked when he was like the go to Green Lantern. He just popped up on Earth and he was just like, I don't know, just he was just super badass and that was cool. I like his look. I like those one and done characters sometimes because they have to be one of the Star Wars wh and done right from the Oh yeah, I should put him in the pole next one.
Speaker 4: Honestly, there's some people are in that poll that I'm like, I've never seen this character in my life.
Speaker 1: What in the next round?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's just the way of setup.
Speaker 1: There's a female so that to me too, But who are these people said that?
Speaker 3: Jessica said that, Dylan said that said so how the speech Chazz and this is the fucker who tells me, Oh, I really want to do an alien poll, and we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do it because he wants an alien Like everyone's like, who's this? Who's this? Like it's gonna be what I suggested. I was like, why don't we do like a sci fi pole so.
Speaker 3: You get rid characters, But no, we're gonna get like Joe on Talk two from Alien Resurrection. I'm feeling like what like I'm thinking Facebook groups, whatever you talking about like just characters, because I started thinking actually about the different species of aliens mixed.
Speaker 1: No, that's huge. They want boring for this alien versus this alien.
Speaker 9: They're not like you, who knows that this is ultimate printer and this is whatever this amount of teeth over this man, this is the.
Speaker 1: One in the tree. All right?
Speaker 2: Getting back to Green Lantern?
Speaker 1: Where were we?
Speaker 2: Where were paralyzed?
Speaker 1: We talk about parallax. Relaxir, Yeah, we'll.
Speaker 2: Tell How do you feel about this scene when they were in the street there were all people were running away from the cloud.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm supposed to tell you what I told you in confidence. I didn't think you'd bring this up on Live very confidence. Okay, well, there's a scene. It was similar to the scene.
Speaker 1: It was the scene.
Speaker 4: Where the smog is just seeping through the streets and everyone's just running through.
Speaker 1: I swear someone should look.
Speaker 4: This up because I think it's the exact same scene that they have and day after Tomorrow where in New York is just flooding and it's just the.
Speaker 1: People are running. They see the water on the other side, so they turn around run the other way to see water there.
Speaker 2: They're just hooped. So thank you for making me bring that.
Speaker 1: And what we're saying is that I thought there's maybe just stock footage that you could buy and people are sick.
Speaker 3: Not that you want to me watch this movie, but you should for my favorite part that I think only I appreciate it, but like that one moment everyone turns to run and he's doing on this old lady and she just stops buying a stop sign and just grabs it, like I don't know, hoping, but I think she made a smart move because I think she would have got trampled, So I think maybe I don't know what that would have stoped from Parallax, but I thought it was like it's a.
Speaker 1: Stock footag because originally originally it.
Speaker 9: Was water, so she was holding Awesome, that's true, but like that'd be a good way to go though, because like, what do you mean just getting eaten by Parallax because you don't suffer.
Speaker 1: We don't know that.
Speaker 10: What if it's like what if it's just your your soul is being taken really boxed? That could be a actor's body life force, I'd have to ask. I don't know, like actor's body fell out of Parallox's mouth. It didn't look like it.
Speaker 1: Was too appealing. Yeah, he wasn't in his body anymore, remember, like you said, his soul and had some politicians to see what that feels like, you know, So not maybe any names. Let's see here, do we have any anything else?
Speaker 3: I have notes and that I got trade of, but anything else you want to shout with the cast. Amanda Waller's in here. I look at the credit, she's actually doctor Waller.
Speaker 1: So that's cool. By the end, they did plan this to.
Speaker 3: Be like a new cinematic universe, and that didn't really work out, and then they did again O'man of Steel two years later. But imagine that Ryan Reynolds with Ben Affleck and Henry Cattall just just not I want to.
Speaker 2: Be ron Rydles, but I want Green Lantern in there. When I watched Justice League, actually was quite surprised.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like that's the benefit of doing those with how Jordan and how there's been so many different Green Lanchers is that it's pretty easy to reboot because you just give it to John Stewart.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, The rumors are working on uh, they're calling Green Lantern Courts. The rumors are doing a older how Jordan teaching at John Stewart. Okay, so that's why those Tom Cruise rumors have come from, which I think would be a great one. And then I think there's a flat prefu of John Stewart's.
Speaker 1: But I can't remember who my fair pick was. I would have won my open drum before, but it has to be someone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's in the same universe as like Benefleis Batman.
Speaker 3: That's the idea. It's been taking a while. I think this would be like twenty twenty and it hadn't even start filming, so class.
Speaker 2: I wanted to tell the intro or not the intro when they were like showcasing in like Justice League and they're showing like green lanterns flying over like blasting like parademons and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was so cool.
Speaker 3: I speaking of opening, I actually which I have some questions about you guys or no for you guys know about you, Yeah, become my tweets.
Speaker 1: You got to lead them. I really like the beginning opening.
Speaker 3: Of the movie, which every just doing the narration explaining where all the rings came from everything. I remember at Koma Con that year they released that and fans were just like this is gonna be great. This is like everyone knows, like this is fantastic, but then it's weird. I'm trying to understand. So they do that, and then there's that per paarallaxes like locked up right, and then these lanterns going he sucks the fear, and then they go to how Jordan as a kid, and then they show his dad dying, and then he goes to adult.
Speaker 1: When was Parallax supposed to escape? Where were they assuming that it was when he was a kid, because I thought.
Speaker 3: He paralyzed escapes like present day with him an adult, So like that was weird, like editing to be the origin you got Parallax, you go back to Ryan Reyolds as a kid before.
Speaker 1: And then you go to president Day. I'm not sure escape.
Speaker 2: I took it as when it was how Jordan was an adult because I had that was the whole fight with Evan Stewer or whatever, because Evans put him away and then something happened he escaped, ivn't start had to deal with it.
Speaker 1: But he was not powerful enough. And then so I found that was a.
Speaker 3: Little weird editing that I like the opening opening, but the fact that it was kind of weird jumping all over when the timeline and whatnot. So and I feel like this week does that a lot of We're constantly jumping to oh and then here and then to Carrol.
Speaker 1: And then the awkward.
Speaker 3: But even then, like we get introduced to his family, which I didn't know any of the actors.
Speaker 11: I didn't know, and I didn't know like how they related to him honestly. The brothers, Oh yeah, I know. They don't do a good job. Never understood any not understood recognize any actors. And the other thing is, so he gets there.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is they did a test flight and then he almost died but it was fine, and he walks in.
Speaker 1: First thing and because his dad dies from the test by his brother's like, what do you want to be so much like him? You're gonna die like him? Is whatever he's saying.
Speaker 3: And the case is, so there's a point where he looks and it's his mom and she's in the corner and she's just what.
Speaker 2: His mom's in this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So they're in the kitchen, he's right with his brothers.
Speaker 3: He looks as like his mom just overhear says, and she's just crying and then she walks away, and then then you get that scene when he goes up to his nephew just to like give him that and talk to like, oh it's okay. We never see a scene when he goes and comforts his mom, so he's just like his mom's crying like yeah, bitch, and but yeah, like there's a that's I mean, like there's like things you could jump on the emotional chorus family, which they clear. Then they just got some whatever extra actors to be his family. But yeah, his mom's full balding. We never just got a scene him you know, it's talking like that like I'm really sorry. It's just he doesn't even shot his family and fine, and he doesn't give a shit about his family.
Speaker 1: Get more into that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I thought the opening was really that's insane. I didn't know like how any of those people in that house really honestly. Yeah, I'm like, is that like his brother in law or something like why is he such next to him?
Speaker 1: No, it was two brothers, sister in law, and then his mom, his mom and the nephew. Yeah. I don't even remember seeing his mom with that scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, edition no, no, she's in there just crying, same scene she's but she's in the scene, but it looks like they shot at a different time because she's just by herself at the.
Speaker 1: Door like they crying, Like it's it's so weird.
Speaker 12: That is weird.
Speaker 2: And he got the ring Lorne shows him in that moment right in that moment was too like like throughout the movie, like just his moral like decisions. It's just like the Ring shows him.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not he doesn't have to be a good guy. He just has to know no fear, right, I don't think that that's a horrible plant. I thought that's why we watched that movie, because it explains that we need her.
Speaker 2: Fear, well not no fear, but I feel like I thought it would have to be moral because otherwise, what if, let's say, who's another villa. What if mister like mister penguin has no fear and then the uh, mister penguin, he's just peg And then you know, did you.
Speaker 1: Almost just call him doctor? You almost double the doctor thing? He is no PhD in anything other than how to like wear an eye? Well, no, I was, I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: If there was always no fear batance again, that ring every time. But yeah, I think it's I guess, not fear, it's the willpower and whatnot. I think there was a good person in there and will Park's just beneath his like ass and this, you know, so in the underbelly. Yeah yeah, uh, let's see. I'm trying to think of any act you have. I didn't think the kid version of How Drum was bad after thought.
Speaker 1: It was pretty views.
Speaker 2: It was the writing, definitely.
Speaker 3: And here's my favorite thing. So his dad is testing this whatever fighter jet. He crashes and gets out. He's okay, but around the jet there's like oil and fire.
Speaker 1: Haller's running.
Speaker 3: His dad's just like he's like just smile, like yeah not even like no, don't like even if you don't know you're about to get exploded. I'm not saying he knew that, but even then there's fine, like tell little how to just wait, I'll come to you.
Speaker 1: So terrible father, just terrible father, which you.
Speaker 2: Put him on point with Kevin Costner's Father of the Year perform Well, Kevi Gruscher is good.
Speaker 1: I put that movie along flame because I can. I know some people like man still for that. For me, I just chuck that mass Steel when he let his dad get sucked up by a hurricane. That for me was just like I don't care. Especially it's like what two three years later when he reveals his Superman, So your dad dad pretty much tied for nothing, like you were still gonna be Superman. So no, hey, he didn't choose to reveal here was a Superman. His hand was forced. But that's what I mean. It still happened. Yeah, it's still happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's a great dad either, because there's one great scene where which one day will do man.
Speaker 3: I still if we just remember he saves those kids from the bus from drowning and he's like, I just wanted to save those kids, and chemicaldtrick goes, maybe you shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: I don't wonder why Zach sent or Superman so fucked.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: I just watched BBS last week and.
Speaker 2: I love actually man. Still it's not I'm waiting for a retro. I just bought BBS and I actually really liked it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I board with the DC kind of thing right now.
Speaker 3: You were a big time at ten at ten, you know, for me when I watched BDS last week, because of the athlete at art time recording they announced what's gone. There's just a moment where he sees Lex Luthor and he's just did you watch BBS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the definitive or a collective.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, that's even worse. And he says something like oh even to bout He says, if I want you dead.
Speaker 1: I could have made that happen already. And that's not Superman, He's not.
Speaker 3: Just that's another cast. Let's get back into this. I like the training sequences that they do on all those are fun. With kill ag and Seinstrol, kill a Log.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was a little lackluster. Okay, I can agree with I guess maybe it's like a gold what is it saying something I don't know?
Speaker 2: Continue on?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say, but uh yeah, like especially okay, okay, lets we can't say anything right.
Speaker 4: I liked his little fish buddy and how he's explaining just like the whole like what being a green lantern basing that is likely and like like you basically just imagine it, And so I like that stuff.
Speaker 1: The kill Himanjaro, kill a Walk.
Speaker 2: I liked him. You know, he's he's a pretty funny guy.
Speaker 1: He reminded me of some other like, I don't know, that's Michael Clark Duncan.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, the boy said all that.
Speaker 1: Wow, cool the sestral thing, I fat. I don't know who he is, you know, Michael Mark Duncan. Is I need a picture? He played Kingman and king Pin and Daredevil. Of course he fucking why we did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, like I felt like the the fights he was sinetes stro I don't know, it just felt like Western to me, especially when he's just like mock. He's like, oh sore, what are you fucking human? Bullshit, like just racist towards humans. Yeah, but I did like how he just pummeled him and then it just like killed his ego and he's like, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just crying and running home.
Speaker 1: Well that was weird for me because he said I'm not doing this. But then he goes back to.
Speaker 3: Earth and he's pretty much just deciding to be a hero. I understand, I'm helping Carol. That's fine. But then after that when he just we both talked, we all talked about it. He randomly showed up to actors we don't know. He was looking for someone else and he just went through the wrong door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's saying like he says, I can't do this. But then he's back on earth. You get this emotional scene of eyd now stromavall but he's just being a hero. Yeah, so he's doing it.
Speaker 2: When when he's shown his buddy like the lantern is that after he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it's all like that's the problem to at the movie of the tone.
Speaker 3: It's trying to go for this downmost of the things, and I'm like, look, the dude's like, yeah, I'm green.
Speaker 2: It's like that sea ways like all right, ready, ring, I mean finger boom doesn't work. I like that scene.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I got a few chuckles out of it out charge of.
Speaker 1: Yah right else with Jack in this movie too, So between like there's a question for you guys.
Speaker 2: So I was asking you earlier if you had the ring, what will be the first thing you'd make it?
Speaker 1: Will will power money?
Speaker 2: No, that's a good question. Probably hamster wheel, hamster wheel'll just running it? Also life size hamster wheel. Interesting, what about you?
Speaker 1: I could go on record and I remember watching the movie the first time.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd make a green lantern because I feel like I'm a creative person, but I don't know if on the spot, especially because I'm such a planner, I don't know on the spot I would be able to create the things that he does, like with the racetrack wheel, I wouldn't even think that. I think I would just make the same five things over and over again until I get down to, like there's some mugger, and then i'd have some fun like my I guess my great idea against Parallax.
Speaker 1: As saying what we're watching was like a vacuum, and that would be good to get them.
Speaker 13: You're a little yea, a blender like throwing big Gian gantic blenders because they couldn't eskate right, So something like that, Yeah, big bowling balls.
Speaker 3: I don't know real life snowman like Jack Frost, but that's like some great Adam West equivalent like sixties. Oh yeah, I would be like using some really cheesy stuff. But I really think a gigantic frisbee would be pretty good.
Speaker 4: So you asked me what I would use to fight someone or just yea, I thought it was just something to make I'm like, think a giants wheel.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 1: You can use that too.
Speaker 2: You can roll at them, throw them over there and they're stuck fast enough to like make it effective. Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a weapon, probably just like a big fly swatter. That's nice. What do you about you k don't say lightsaber? No, I definitely wouldn't go lightsaber.
Speaker 2: That's that's like the op one.
Speaker 1: Like I wonder like if you were to count up a magic.
Speaker 2: Wand, would that even work or No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so because you pretty much have a magic wand on your finger.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I think you can have a lot of fun with like manifesting a huge like you could just go cut cut to the chase in the flamethrow. But if you were to manifesting a huge like thing of like bug spray and then a lighter.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I don't think you can make actual hands though, so you'd have to light out. You can only make the object. Well, I guess he does make Wilson little power. Yeah, well, if you could think of on what.
Speaker 1: Was your favorite thing he made in this movie? My favor was when water was falling and he made like that puddle of water she found. I really liked that. The wood. Sorry, what did you make when she was hacked her?
Speaker 3: When he woke up and he throws his dad and like you said, he gets that early two thousands death of his dad.
Speaker 1: Just gets roast at the death. But then Walter got thrown him against the glass and she starts to slip and she falls. He makes a puddle of water, she falls up, her away down the top. Yeah, and she's dead on the streets.
Speaker 2: The Jets are my favorite. I gotta kick out of those, probably like the anti artillery.
Speaker 1: You mix the sight in there. Yeah, I was gonna say with the what was your one again? The Jets, I don't understand when he's like that, why did he have to take the straps down? They're just about you didn't mean to what second thought of?
Speaker 3: But even then they went for some time where he takes the straps down, but the palm straps long then just.
Speaker 1: Disappears and you guys are putting on his hair in space.
Speaker 2: That's that's the moment where he's pulling the straps off of the directors thinking, everyone's gonna love this movie.
Speaker 1: This is such a great work on This is the moment I'm gonna see that.
Speaker 3: Dark knight, Batman terrogation scene, helicopter whatever, what are those straps?
Speaker 1: Anything else? I got some tria, but anything else? A shout out? Do you remember the green relenting race?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: On the does it start with the darkest night or the darkest day?
Speaker 2: I'll give you, I'll give you ahead in bright lanterns in brightest day in Brits.
Speaker 1: Day and darkest night, green lanterns light. You just skipped through that. I don't remember. I'm dead to you. I do in brightest day, in darkest night sometimes sometimes people say blackest but really yeah, but no, you can't.
Speaker 2: No evil saw shall escape my nights. Those who worship evils might beware my power. Green lanterns light. So you're at it almost.
Speaker 1: I was missing some fillings, the two buns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed some patties.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Ryan Reynolds, who played the protagonist, famously hate the movie He's a man having a poor relationship.
Speaker 3: With the director, was glad to see the film for the performed critically and financially, as.
Speaker 1: He did not wish to a prize and rolls.
Speaker 2: If you have a bad relationship before with the director, it's gonna it's gonna hang on, It's gonna keep going.
Speaker 3: Uh, just talk about how he made jokes and I agree. Are in dead Foot blah blah blah. Bryan Reynolds and Martin Campbell, who's the guy is a director? He directed gold Mine and Casino Rayndalls, so two of the best my favorite Bond films next to Skyfall, clash repeatedly on the set. Campbell has stated in interviews that his first and only choice for the lead was Bradley Cooper, so you know, probably didn't go great, and he kept staying, Hey, I really want Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 1: Oh your right, rounds are You're no Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 3: Ryan. However, Studo is not willing to make an offer to an ultimate cast Reynolds behind Campbell's back. This led to uncomfort experience on set for Reynolds, who performs was crossant critique by Campbell.
Speaker 14: Who made him do many days, oh so I can just see that, like, no, that's not good enough, go again and you can just play Oh god, that was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna do these trivia efets like before I watched the movie.
Speaker 2: Still see you, Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 3: Like it makes so much sense down I'm just thinking on his face, just like how he upset Ran, also staying in an interview with variety of the film filters, a huge relief has get.
Speaker 1: Unpleasant experience and dreaded doing it again. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, like, was he signed off from multiple movies? Oh yeah, okay, yeah yeah to prepare for.
Speaker 3: His roles Hectorham Peter Sara's card spend time with the biologist from toul.
Speaker 1: On University, described as the most energetic guy I could find. They both worked the lecture gives in the film.
Speaker 3: I've never understood this. Okay, I'm not an actor. He does not do like much science stuff in this. He does one scene which we find the class he's doesn't. He just sends that kid, we didn't even mention that. That was just like child brutality that its finest.
Speaker 1: It's just like, what did you just see?
Speaker 2: Sign?
Speaker 1: And he just called to be a loser and the Bella goes offensive. I was like, what you just said? Some flying dismissing. How do you think the bell went it? Honestly, I think he just didn't early dismiss a little. I think you're right to get out of here whatever.
Speaker 3: Kids, But that was the problem even before he got out, Like Megan mind, he was so bad before he was so freaking abundon.
Speaker 1: And but I don't think anything that role needed him to go spend time with biologists.
Speaker 3: Hey, whenever you got he was an accurate fine, But I don't I don't think that was needed. So I'm trying to find So here's some other cast things that were rumored around the time.
Speaker 1: Was Sam Worthington. You guys remember Sam Worthington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you want to tell Kirk when is from Avatar? Okay?
Speaker 1: I like him? Sorry, Yeah, these are something choice. Chris Pine was one. Let's see Bradley Cooper as we were talking about. And I do remember these two specifically as I was not a fan of these choices.
Speaker 3: Justin Timberlake, who I like Justin Tuolake, but I do not think he's a good dramatic actor.
Speaker 1: I think he's just calmedy. And this guy who's always circling around comic worlds, he just loves him. Jared Lettle was.
Speaker 3: And I wish, I wish he played this and we never go because we would have played this, we would have been good.
Speaker 1: But he's guy. I gotta get it to him that, Well, maybe I should, because I don't wan him around him.
Speaker 3: But he must love comic books because he almost played this, He almost played Doctor Strange, he's playing Joker and now he's playing uh Morbus, So he must just.
Speaker 1: Love the comic books. So yeah, and fold him for that. He can't if he played his green Lantern. Do you think the studioway giving him a joker? No? That's why I wish this happened, because I would have sunk the whole franchise. We've been done.
Speaker 4: I thought what you were gonna ask was if Jared Little played this role, do you think we would have a second movie?
Speaker 1: People would have loved it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, the studio didn't. I'm just trying to understand. So did they offer Bradley Cooper money or was he even didn't go? So they just didn't want to believe the director and go for Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 1: Well, let me look at the release date, because before Hangover, did you guys know who Bradley Cooper was? Yes? No, what do you know him from? I'm not even being constant, I'm just wondering he doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's just I honestly, Kevin, But I was aware of him before Hangover.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then again, The Hangover came out in two thousand and nine, so I thought it was closer than that because my idea was maybe they just didn't think he was a big enough star.
Speaker 1: To be in it. But maybe they still thought that as Bradley Cooper, I don't know, but I would have liked him. Has a choice. I've always liked him. He's even rumored for this latest one.
Speaker 3: I think he has a live action superhero in him, but I think now he's doing Rocket And I also think now after Star is Born, he's gonna do a.
Speaker 1: Lot more directing.
Speaker 3: So unless he's directing something, I don't think we'll see him play a live action superhero.
Speaker 1: And it's maybe in the older days. But as like the main like Bradley Cooper's ur main guy. It's kind of like how Jeff.
Speaker 3: Bridges was a villainI man, right, I think he could do that one day, But I don't think he's ever gonna be Green Lantern starring.
Speaker 1: Bradley Cooper like it. I think he's a good choice, but quinn't take fun.
Speaker 2: Fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Limitless came out the same year Screenland. Oh really much better movie. Yeah, definitely is good. I haven't seen the show.
Speaker 3: Though no Quentin Tarantia was considered direct this film. That would have never happened because that just would never happen. Zack Snyder was an approached to Dragton this film, but he turned down the allot for Duch to his commitment on Watchman. But he would later go on to direct Superman reboot Man of Steel.
Speaker 2: So things play out, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Carrie Wresselling, Ama Green, Jennifer Gardner, and Dan Krueger were all considered for Carol.
Speaker 1: Carol Ferris so a lot.
Speaker 3: All those are our older choices, and Blake Lively, so I guarantee you they looked at that, and then the studio was like, we need a younger person because all these people that were rumored very young.
Speaker 1: So I think that is what for like fun trivia have. The rest is just like it took this maydeeds to shoot this, but that's about it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing that I'm sure it's in here somewhere, way way back in the nineties, after the Mask, they consider doing a version of this with Jack Black as a comedy. So in the vein of Jim Carre with the mask that was approach developed for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness didn't happened.
Speaker 3: Granted, I don't know if it would have been any worse than this, but I just don't want Green Lantern to be a comedic hero like that, you know.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad. I'm glad it didn't happen. And that's not by Jack Black bias.
Speaker 3: I think he's good in some things, but I think I was not been a fan of just making him pretty much a parody spoof.
Speaker 2: So hector in there again.
Speaker 3: You know, this was like a whole toll different. This is in the nineties when they're talking about that. Yeah, this was way like right, I have Jim Carrey's mask. They're like, what else can we do?
Speaker 1: We got Jack Black? So got cha?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so Jack Black, we can put it in any Yeah, because this or bad man?
Speaker 1: Uh Taylor Foult thoughts and a rating if you want to give a rating, Yeah, this one. I haven't even thought all. I know it's gonna be a fail, but I don't know. I'm laying on a number. I could definitely know at some point.
Speaker 2: And maybe like sixty nine months, I could go back and watch this six to nine.
Speaker 1: Why there it's a year, six and nine months. My hats. If it was on TV, I would watch that. I'm not gonna go put. Is that like in the in like the pretense that, hey, guys, you gotta watch this really funny scene about Hector and just screaming.
Speaker 2: Or is it like Madisone?
Speaker 1: You want to watch a really nice movie, probably more along the lines than like Madison. Yeah, you want to watch an interesting movie. Okay, you worked what I had.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like you have not like for I feel like you've not told me enough why you've watched again for six to nine months. I don't say you hate it, but I feel like you haven't talked that passionately about the things you've liked. There's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Things that I like that people don't know about.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's true. I had to the patron beeple pay for.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 1: Don't get a phone look at them. Sorry distract.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I I usually alternate like every like six to twelve months.
Speaker 2: You know, when I want to watch like a franchise or movies or whatever kind of I feel like any that kind.
Speaker 1: Of a recharge time, unless it's like a franchise. This is one movie don't give me that.
Speaker 3: Here's not one studio exects. Still trying and find enough the script with so many changes over. But the guy Greg Bolante who does superhow Shows.
Speaker 1: Who does rimer Hille? Who does you? If you didn't know, he was the top bill as far as screenwriter. He did write his screenplay. He said over years that his screenplay was that was not his screenplay. It was changed up a bit, but yeah, he did write this originally. So he's redeemed himself now the flash Arrow, all that stuff is great. But I just want to good. That's the guy who wants a franchise.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't think one movie is a franchise, one and done, but yeah, no, I think I would.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna go out and find this movie and buy it or rent it or anything like that and.
Speaker 1: Like set on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you know, if it was on TV or something like that, I'd sit down. I'd probably watch it for a good like half an hour.
Speaker 1: This is depending what part of the movie. That depends on what part of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely like the part of that after him parts on you're not sticking around.
Speaker 1: I might just I'm with someone I've been definitely watched the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, watch gonna yell here, yell yeah, like it's just gets better accent.
Speaker 1: But no, I think the movie overall it was It's a good experience, you know.
Speaker 2: It just it definitely satisfied that basic need for Green Lantern Right now, I'm just I'm itching for it.
Speaker 1: There's much better things. There's anime movies. The animated series is really good.
Speaker 3: You had Justice League, Lemon what we were talking about when you got Jean Stewart, so you could watch much other things.
Speaker 1: In this movie, you get your Green Lantern fixed. True, don't be that animated hater.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not an animated hater because I do like anime, and I do I don't go out and I watch like tons of like Superhero animated like films or showing. Actually I've actually never really sat down actually taking my time to actually got it. But there is a few like on Netflix. I think all it looks pretty cool, Like I'd like to check it out, like I want to see Killing I want to see Killing Joke a.
Speaker 1: Much place. There's much for places to start. Okay, okay, but I would give this movie.
Speaker 2: It's that's my my live action need for green Lands right now after you know, with Justice League, I just want that in there.
Speaker 1: So but hopefully what you said it comes to fruition. But until then, I'll give this movie.
Speaker 2: A solid six point five out of ten, fair enough for a tay other score.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, this is a movie. The first time I watched it, I thought it was okay, but I didn't think I ever rewatched it. No, that's a lot. I thought it was okay enough to like one day, like you know, I like that movie.
Speaker 2: Let's rewatch it.
Speaker 1: I promat you now.
Speaker 2: I know that I am never gonna watch this movie again.
Speaker 4: If it's on TV on every single channel, I will go read a book. I am not the biggest Green Lantern like fan from the Common Books. It's not like I hate Hal Jordan or Jon Stewart any any of the guys that wear the ring. But it's just not really my what was what was provided to me for my counk the Green Days. But yeah, it's just I don't even know where I was going with that.
Speaker 1: But this movie was really bad and I'm never gonna watch it again.
Speaker 12: And I'm gonna give it. I would give it like a null and void. But I'm gonna give it one good point for that hilarious like parallax stare down.
Speaker 2: But I didn't even know happened in the movie, but you brought it up, so that wasn't actually I'll give that like a point five.
Speaker 4: And then for the Hector memes and laughs and his screams, I'll give that a I'll give that a point.
Speaker 2: So one point five out of ten for me for this movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if I didn't mention, because I think I mentioned this often when we were watching it, score super generic and this actually got a lot talking about the score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, score was not good.
Speaker 3: I just remember there's a moment at the end where he's talking to Blake Lively and he's like, oh, hold up for trouble, and and then he jumps away. And usually that's when you get like your Man Steel theme in the Dark Knight thing. It's just like no, no, no, no, no no, it's just something super generic. I hope I'm not taking anyone through the muddy or but I'm trying to look. But the movie overall, I don't think it's poorly act for the most for other than.
Speaker 1: Hector Hammond. But I don't know if that was his choice, or if that was a scripting thing. I don't know on that one.
Speaker 2: So he wasn't kind of like the same equidencey to like the villain from ghost Rider, or he was paying off.
Speaker 1: His that's different. The film ghost Writer had a co co addiction during the movie, so that's how you go.
Speaker 5: Clearly, that's uh No, he just did what his biologist told him. Changed like this, just messing a lot.
Speaker 3: James noon Howard, who was a great score artist, did this and not composed, but not good.
Speaker 1: I don't think other than that Hidama acting is bad.
Speaker 3: I think it's just kind of I think it's very generic sprinkled with some very bad stuff. So I think I'm gonna go a three out of ten on this one.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. It just feels right. I feel like a four is too high and that two is too low.
Speaker 2: I was gonna give it a two point five, but I thought that was a little too high. Oh yeah, especially since I dozed off.
Speaker 1: I mean I was pretty.
Speaker 2: Tired, but this was a snooze fest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one point five. So not a great average there. So Taylor, where can they find us on the interwebs? Well, ladies and gentlemen out there in the Internet. You can find us in the search bar.
Speaker 2: You can say fans, Facebook, Geek, First Space podcast, find tons of stuff, and Mike has mentioned earlier in case you missed that there is a poll going on right now and celebration for Shazam.
Speaker 1: It's all in DC hype. You could want so go and vote on that. I would, you know, well, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna stay to the champion as the other other polls. You know, go just take a look at who those champions are.
Speaker 1: But you don't even know, so I don't know, don't You're trying to keep something from them, keeping it look ahead. I have to on this poll since the other round ended. Oh god, oh god, oh god, come on, come on, I go like that.
Speaker 2: I go like that, and I go like that.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, I'd be like what we did here. We got lots of good stuff dropping. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I'm nine to nine percent sure it will be happening. We are doing a Batman fancast, just like our Marvel Fantasy one. We're gonna be casting Batman, We're gonna be casting Alfred, We're gonna be casting a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: So that's an honor, and we're gonna do DC fan casting. Most of us will be on that, but it'd be like what we do.
Speaker 3: Head to description down below for our video and podcast feeds, and we're all there.
Speaker 1: Please like, review, subscribe, and thank you very much for tuning in. I don't think we have an out show for DC Retro. I don't think we were green lanterns light Nope, shine up right. We're gonna end there best here yet, here yet