Speaker 1: God Well, channeling is dinner court. Get down the die makes the cat backhand shig dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it. You want to take your shot, We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 3: We're here. The road comes through La.
Speaker 1: Rum get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series? I got it best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 1: Fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you want my spot. Welcome to Todgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up the first pitch, Tim kas.
Speaker 2: Well everybody, and welcome into Amul Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Saturday afternoon and join your fourth of July weekend. You're world champion Dodgers fifty six and thirty three on this season, first place a top the NL West. Last night night, well it wasn't the Dodgers night and they blowout loss to the ass Shows. At least there were some cool fireworks afterwards. This afternoon, Dodgers back at it with show hay Otani on the mound, game two of this three game set against the Houston Astros. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at four to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear them from the manager Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on what happened last night and how the Dodgers need to turn the page here on this Saturday and move forward. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassa goes one on one with Blake Snell. Yes, it's snell Zilla's Saturday. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we've got your Dodgers magical moment. We're also here from Ben Casparius, who was last night starting pitcher. In just a few minutes, we will check it with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, last night at the Ravine, it was full of fireworks, daring, and after the game, unfortunately not a lot of pot from the Dodgers offense. Ben Casparius have to start. The right hander was in trouble early and often. Isaac Pradi's hit his first career lead off home run on the first pitch of the game. Jose Altuban and doubled and score on Christian Walker's RB I single, and the Astros had a two to nothing to leave. The Dodgers offense did provide a little pop, a little thanks to Will Smith.
Speaker 5: Dodgers got a lead off walk from Otani, but then Betts grounded into a double play, ultimately a twelve pitch first frame for mccolors. I'm facing the NL batting leader in Will Smith swings and drives the ball left field. Indeed, this one's on the warning track at the wall gone. Will Smith cuts the Dodger deficit in half. It's now a two to one ball game thanks to the twelfth home run from Will Smith, who is on some kind of power. Serge Will Smith with the solo home run, his twelfth of the season.
Speaker 1: He's going to the.
Speaker 2: All Star Game. That's the top tier player of the game. Brought to you by ARCO Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers down six to one, and unfortunately it just got worse after that and the third Jake Myers doubled leading off the inning and then scored on Jose al Tuoby's fourteenth home run of the season. Rookie camp Smith, He's pretty good. He doubled and scored on Christian Walker's home run to cap off four straight hits given up by Benkinspirius and gave the Astros a six to one lead. After that, it was a bad dream. Houston with one of the fifth and exploded for ten runs in the sixth inning, capped off by Victor Carrotelli's grand slammed Jose Al two Bay's three run home run Noah Davis on the receiving end of all of that. It was the most runs given up in an inning by the Dodgers since April twenty third, nineteen ninety nine, against the Saint Louis Cardinals, and the Astros weren't done. They tacked on one more of the seventh off Anthony Banda. They got the best of the Dodgers last night in an eighteen to one win over the Blue They pounded out twenty hits, including five home runs. It was a bad loss. How bad the worst loss in Dodgers state history.
Speaker 3: That was last night.
Speaker 2: Good news, It's a new day and a new game show. Hey o tany on the mound first pitch coming up at four ten, and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast on this beautiful Saturday afternoon as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 3: Sor Ry Tien.
Speaker 5: The sun did come up today for the Dodgers, despite what happened and the series opener last night against the Astros, the largest loss at home in Dodgers Stadium history.
Speaker 1: It was a blowout.
Speaker 5: It was an embarrassment and it is one that the Dodgers male will quickly put behind them because frankly, the series is still ahead of them. They have a chance to win these next two and make an eight straight series win. Well, they have to put it behind them quite frankly. Yes, it's embarrassing and it takes a lot out of you. But for Dave Roberts, he's actually experienced something like this before. Oddly enough, the more history changes, the more it remains the same.
Speaker 1: Because we go back on August twenty sixth, two thousand and three, the Dodgers playing against the Astros in Houston, that ball game eighteen to four. Who was the leadoff hitter that day for the Dodgers. Their current manager, Dave Roberts. He was in there. Also. Ron Coomer is now broadcaster for the Chicago Cubs, the best. He was in that. So I just sent Coomber a text in including that today he said, Oh, by the way, why you're giving me the scores from last night. Don't have too much fun because check the light up with the Dodgers and Ron Coomer was.
Speaker 3: In it that day.
Speaker 1: That is amazing.
Speaker 5: That's the beauty of baseball, the history that ties things together, and it.
Speaker 1: Will humble you in a New York minute. And that's exactly what the Dodgers and for Ben casparious against one of those hang with hims. I know there was some conjecture was he tipping his pitches or not. I didn't think it was that big of a deal as far as tipping, although he did think that maybe in Kansas City he was doing that. He changed his glove, he tried to change the routine and everything else. I didn't think he pitched well enough as far as location of pitches to zero in on. Were they getting his pitches in the wind up? They were getting his pitches at home blate because there were a lot of pitches that were in the middle of the plate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no question, the execution is lacking for Ben and the word is for the Dodgers after last night's game that he will transition back into the bullpen because the stretching out, the balancing back in between roles, it just it wasn't fair to him and it wasn't setting him up for success in his rookie season. So now we look ahead to today. Happy birthdays, show hey, old Tani. He turns thirty one for the first time in his major league career. Mo He's going to get a chance to pitch on his birthday.
Speaker 1: Well, and the other part too, is he hopes for better results because in the untered notes was showing that on his birthday he just too for twenty two as a hitter. This was a big day quite frankly for the Dodgers and being able to rebound because a couple of pitchers were throwing earlier today and in one of them Blake Snell. To begin with, it was on the mound and they brought up some youngsters they hit against him for the minor leaguers. But I'll tell you why velocity. We didn't get the printouse, but he was rather impressive.
Speaker 5: Uh, show Hey, Otani against from ber Baldez. That is the ace of the Houston Astros. He has been one of the most consistent and dependable starters in the American League the last handful of seasons. Now the Dodgers will have their hands full against the left hander from the Houston Astros today in Game two.
Speaker 1: Which we'll get on our way shortly. We'll be back later with a few keys.
Speaker 2: All right, thank can Nelly has been counting down to first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What are your shakiest pizza, chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot com. All right, we're off and running here on Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Saturday afternoon. Coming up, you'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It is Snell Zilla Saturday, as David Veasse goes one on one with Blake Snell. We'll check in with DV of course throughout the pregame show, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next, Sho Tani rewind and we'll hear from Ben Casparias. Last night got roughed up and at eighteen to one, Dodgers lost to the Houston Astros. They have turned the page though new day, New game. Dodgers back at it against the Astros on this Saturday afternoon Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunte on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astros going at it on this Saturday afternoon show. Hey Otani gets to start Happy Birthday to show he turns thirty one years old today going up against fromber Valdez. First pitch set for four ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night, the Dodgers didn't have a lot of offense. They scored one run on a Will Smith solo home run in the second inning. Show Hey Otani hit the ball hard, hit one off of Lance McCullers Junior's foot. However, it went right to the middle infielder for an out. Show Hey last night zero for three on base once with a walk, now hitting two eighty two on the season. Last night was just a rough night for the Dodgers. The offense had six hits.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: The Astros had twenty hits, including five home runs. The Dodgers had one run on the Will smith solo home run. Eighteen runs where the Houston Astros. Lance mccullors pitched into the seventh inning. He gets the win, he struck out four. Ben Casparius got the start. It gave up a leadoff home run. We did up going three innings, got roughed up for six runs on nine hits, including three home runs through fifty nine pitches before turning it over to the bullpen. Didn't do much better after that, but afterwards, here's Ben Casparius with the media.
Speaker 7: I think the execution in general, I think teams are starting a game plan, obviously a little bit more knowing I'm going to go, you know, more than one or two in incs, and just you know, mixing on where my fastball location is.
Speaker 6: I think it's been kind.
Speaker 3: Of the telltale.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's what kind of led to them being so aggressive on the first pitch?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 7: I think part of it two is just they were kind of hunting me out over the plate. I think just a lack of going inside and writ he's just kind of gotten made to you know, tough spots.
Speaker 8: At least at least been learning experiences for you in which you can kind of now prepare for your next outing.
Speaker 2: And kind of use it to make some adjustments.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 7: I mean it's still new at this level. For me, it's just kind of diving into the numbers, seeing what's working and what counts, and you know, maybe just being a little sharp run game planning.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: As for other teams learning you and how does.
Speaker 3: That process kind of work?
Speaker 7: For sure, I think it's a work in progress every single day obviously, you know. So this was a really righty levy or righty heavy lineup, and obviously we're game planning kind of, you know, going through the week looking at who.
Speaker 3: We who we have to face.
Speaker 2: So it kind of differs by week a little bit.
Speaker 6: Morek grabbing a long conversation after you're outing, just what kind of feedback or advice has he given you us?
Speaker 2: Fire, Yeah, just stay calm.
Speaker 7: A lot of it was just say we're gonna know, take a deep dive of what's going on, maybe tweak some things. I just really look at patterning and sequencing and and just to tell me that, like, stay calm and you know, keep doing my.
Speaker 3: Work and everything like that. We agreeous because the results were what they were.
Speaker 2: Was there anything else?
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: I think it was a result driven all right. There's Ben Casparius last night got roughed up in a start for the Dodgers. Back to the drawing board and more on Ben Casparius with David Vasse coming up. Looks like a rule change for the big right hander. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Yep, give them a call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Still to come here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassa goes one on one with Blake Snell because it is Snell Zilla Saturday. But up next we get you an injury report and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. That's all coming up and astros on this Saturday. First bitch at four ten, I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 2: Morango Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we leads up to first Bitch on this Saturday afternoon Dodgers and the Astros Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam four Good Times show. Hey O Tani, the birthday boy thirty one years old today on the mound for the Blue. First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Max Munty on the IL with the left knee bone bruise, Michael Kopek on the IL with the right knee inflammation, Tony Gonsolin on the sixty day IL with the right elbow soreness. Tyler Glass now on the IL but should be returning here shortly after a third rehab start in Oklahoma City, UH just on Thursday. Blake snell More on him coming up. He'll be joining Devid Vase coming up at three forty five. It is snell Zilla Saturday as he works his way back off the il, Blake trying it, also throwing today, working his way back from right forearm tightness. Rookie Sasaki hopefully trending in the right direction on the IL with the right shoulder impingement. Bruce do gratterol sixty day, I L We're all waiting and hoping he can return at some point after the All Star break. We will see. All right, we head back out to Dodger standymom this Saturday afternoon. If we checking in with the Dodger Skipper. The questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 4: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave Blake went winnings?
Speaker 1: Uh, how did he look?
Speaker 9: And next Blake looked good.
Speaker 1: It looked really good.
Speaker 9: I think the plan next week is he'll probably go on rehab. So we'll leave here for Milwaukee tomorrow and he'll probably stay back to throw a pen and.
Speaker 1: You know, start his rehab.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure where, but the thought is two innings sometime late next week.
Speaker 8: Is he mixed in everything at this point and we'll say any kind of step today that he made from I don't know what the.
Speaker 9: What the Vlo was, but the ball was coming out really well. He used his entire pitch mix. I thought, uh, it looked the delivery was clean, sharp, So really positive day. Obviously he's gonna want to, you know, be perfect, but I really feel that he's ready to go out and start making that progression. And Blake trying and I thought was really good as well. And so he threw one inning versus Blake Snow's two innings, and you know, so Blake will probably be going on at some point in time too, and both those guys should be ready at some point in time shortly after you all start break.
Speaker 1: The second half is really what matters for you, guys. You have the best record of baseball, and then you have Tyler coming back, you know, Blake right behind.
Speaker 6: And I'm trying to how good does this feel?
Speaker 1: The kind of the team that you envisioned is coloring? It feels good.
Speaker 9: You know, we're still not there yet, but I think we can see a little squint of light. And so it's taken a little bit longer than we've all expected or hoped for as far as getting our guys together. So we haven't gotten there yet, but we're hopeful and excited.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, have you learn from so far from staying in race and when.
Speaker 6: He's going to start tomorrow.
Speaker 9: We'll play him in left field tomorrow, So I still don't know a lot about him. Know that he's really fast and steal a base. I think our guys come on the corner, whether it's right field or left field. I really like the kid, so I'm excited to see him play tomorrow.
Speaker 3: David nowhere still a week from All Star break.
Speaker 8: When you look at the first half, considering everything that you guys have gone through this year, what's your evaluation of how all this team has played come together.
Speaker 9: We've come together really well, which which I like. There's some things that I just we've got to certainly get better at. But the wind, loss, the standings, all that stuff that's which certainly matters, has been really good. And I think that's kind of a byproduct of coming together, not making excuses. Certain guys step up when they need to, and that's a sign of a deep, you know, connected team, which I really like and I think is very powerful. But kind of on the baseball front, there's just some things that we have to get better at as we and I don't really need to go into it right now, but we've there's a lot of room for improvement, which is a good thing.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, talking about his rotation getting healthy and coming back post All Star break. Look Out, this rotation is going to look completely different with the arms we expected to have in twenty twenty five. All Right, when we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the David Vass says, we lead you up to first pitch on this Saturday Dodgers and Astros show. Hey o Tani makes the start first pitch at four to ten. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Astros on the Saturday afternoon show. Hey Otani gets to start first pitch from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Set for four ten, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 2: All right, Davie, we got a lot to cover we'll go back to the last night Ben Ksparius got roughed up in his start. What is his role now realistically moving forward with a lot of arms possibly on the return.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's part of the equation.
Speaker 8: Tim And after the game last night, Dave Roberts said he will be going back to his role of being a multi inning, high leverage believer. He has a very good chance of going back to being the Evan Phillips role in that bullpen because tomorrow Emmitt Shean officially will rejoin the Dodger rotation. No more being sent down unless it gets a little bit too crowded. So Emmit Sheen is back tomorrow to start the game. Justin Robleski is expected to follow show Hao Tani today, So Ben Casparius goes back to the role that everybody was raving about going back to spring training, saying that his stuff plays up in the bullpen more than it does as a starting pitcher, so he can excel in that role between now and whenever the Dodgers season ends.
Speaker 2: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five to four f one to fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light for America. From America. Tyler Glass now, one of the most arms that we keep hearing, is going to be coming back soon. He's mad a couple of triple A rehab starts. What's the latens on Glass now? How soon could he be back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well, Dave Roberts alluded to the fact that he'll return on this upcoming road trip in Milwaukee. In fact, and if you count the days out, there's a good chance he's going to pitch one of the last two games in Milwaukee. And that is a huge boost and a great a great way to end the first half to have Tyler Glass now back in the rotation. And I've ti to other pitchers on this staff, including Clayton Kershaw, and he just says, when Glass now is healthy and he's feeling right, and albeit that hasn't happened a lot so far this year, he is.
Speaker 3: His stuff is some of the best you'll see in baseball.
Speaker 8: And that's part of the reason why the Dodgers acquired him, that's part of the reason why they gave him an extension. So hopefully it starts and it never looks back for the rest of this year for Tyler Glass.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, no doubt about that. Snell's zellow Saturday. We're gonna hear from Blake Snell coming up in about fifteen minutes TV. But can't wait show I know, show Hey Otani gets to start as well. Last time we saw him pitching Kansas City two innings. What do we expect today? And to start a Dodger stadium on his birthday?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 8: Show Helotani pitching for the first time in his career on his birthday. And when he walked into the Dodger clubhouse, he was dressed very casually. I wished him a happy birthday and Espanol as he walked by. He got a chuckle out of that, so everybody knows it's his birthday. He is going to go two innings again today, Tim and Robleski is going to follow him. Remember, in each of his first three starts, it's been Ben Casparius that has followed O'tani. But because the Dodgers want a Caspirius to start last night and move back to his role where he has thrived as a reliever, it is going to be Robleski after Otani today.
Speaker 2: And then two innings. David that's part of the plan, right of building up and not building up too fast with the All Star break coming and it's still only July.
Speaker 3: That's my understanding.
Speaker 8: Back to back starts of one inning, back to back starts of two innings, and we'll see where it goes on the next road trip. He may be pitching in San Francisco a week from today or a week from tomorrow, which is a pitcher's ballpark, and we'll see whether or not he steps it up to three innings next weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, David, great stuff. We'll check back in with you. Just a couple of minutes still to come. You're on Morongo Causino Dodgers on deck. As we alluded to, it is Snell Zilla Saturday with DV and Blake Snell. That's coming up in less than fifteen minutes. We'll hear from Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll have deeper in this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment, Don't go anywhere, Dodgers and Astros on this Saturday afternoon show. Hey Otani on the mound on his birthday. First pitch coming up at four ten. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Astros on this Saturday afternoon game two of this three game set. Dodgers put in last night behind them except for the postgame fireworks, which were cool. Show Hey Otani on the mount on his birthday. First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 6: I do here, who wants the hot?
Speaker 4: It's time for the hawfy Magical moment, ditch magical pression by Hawfey hot to hops.
Speaker 2: Well, the All Star Game fast approaching. We go back to nineteen seventy eighth, the All Star Game at San Diego Jack Murphy Stadium. Steve Garvey, in the height of his Dodger career, with a big afternoon against the American League.
Speaker 5: Is developed a distressing habit for the Yankees of throwing a home run.
Speaker 1: Boy Barby HiT's.
Speaker 4: A deep.
Speaker 2: Hot Tarbo hot two here about for three.
Speaker 3: Is it Ricochet's back.
Speaker 1: And Steve Barby stems.
Speaker 2: A third with a triple, just missed the home run, just peak of it.
Speaker 3: And it almost happened.
Speaker 1: And remember we talked about Govey's power to the opposite field.
Speaker 8: At this point in time, Govey is the key offensive.
Speaker 1: Player in the game.
Speaker 2: Keith Jackson in the Great would Cosell on the call. In the nineteen seventy eight All Star Game, Steve Garvey goes two for three with two RBIs you heard the triple? As he wins his second All Star Game MVP in nineteen seventy eight as the National League defeated the American League seven to three. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Coow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, Local and so Great. When we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the man who throughout the first pitch last night, Rick Monday. We lead you up to first pitch show. Hey, O Tani on the mound Dodgers and Astros. I'm Tim Kasi's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season law Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Houston Astros on the Saturday afternoon show, Hey Otani and frommer Valdez. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at four to ten. It's time for the Verizon startup. We are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today and now.
Speaker 4: Joined by David Basse, Here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: A great ceremonial first pitch yesterday for our very own Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling today, Rick.
Speaker 1: I'm on the aisle. Yeah, I'm over work. Yeah, that's one pitch of the last. Actually it's the first baseball that I've thrown in like six years.
Speaker 3: What was it like throwing it to Blake Trent and he seemed very excited.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what. I'm glad you brought this up. And Blake is wonderful. And in the follow up to a brief conversation have with Blake, right through the pitch to him, I asked him and said, look, how are you doing? Because I feel great? And he showed that today because he was pitching to simulate the game along with Blake Snow and that's the really positive standpoint. And I just related to trying to is, look, we need you, but don't rush it if you're not ready. He goes, no, I'm right there. So that's that's a very good news and the update and other than Will Smith getting some hits and getting a home run, other than that, really the highlight for the Dodgers last night was a fireworks show.
Speaker 8: No doubt, and for Blake Tryning, it was catching your first pitch. From what I was told, Blake was very.
Speaker 3: Excited when he was asked to be the catcher for that first.
Speaker 1: Page I made. I made a comment to him. Evidently he drew short straws and lost. He had the catch. He had the catch. I just told him was look, I promise I will not bounce it. I heard a scout inside a few minutes ago and it and it bears true, and I'll be honest. This conversation goes back this scout with the late Jenfergosi outstanding short sty I've been wonderful guy, he told this guy a number of years ago. He says, I was never nervous on the field of baseball except after his career, if he would throw out the first pitch. And I can relate to that because all of a sudden, everybody's expecting you, former player, and you throw the ball and happen to be just happened to be right there, but it was not. It was a good night basically the circle of wagons last night for the Dodgers, they didn't do much in the right direction.
Speaker 3: Did you feel that way yesterday? Rick, you said you might have some butterflies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, no, one wants to embarrass yourself. I don't care what it is that did any of us do. And everybody's looking at you, and by the way, to get everybody's attention, Hey, by the way, there's a guy right there watching it to throw the ball. You know, the Dodgers losing in last night's game. Obviously it was lopsided, so you know, you start to this computer thing that's going to catch on? Yeah, AYI yeah, yeah, I'm no kidding. So for the Dodgers, Dave Roberts has seen this before what happened last night, Because if we go back to the twenty sixth of August two thousand and three, the Dodgers were in Houston, and they lost the ball game that night, eighteen to four. Who was the leadoff hitter for the Los Angeles Dodgers that day, the current manager, It was Dave Roberts. Here's another fill for you. Who was on the other team in that game? Oh no, yeah, oh yes.
Speaker 3: One of his teammates and also on his coaching.
Speaker 1: At former Dodger now was on the Dodger coaching staff. So the more things change, the more they go full circle and come back again. By the way, what day is it, David?
Speaker 8: Today is not only July fifth, but it's snell Zilla Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that means they're coming up right after us. Since it's Saturday, you're you're going to be doing an interview with whom.
Speaker 8: That's right, Blake Snell aka snell Zilla, who looked nasty on the mound today getting ready.
Speaker 1: And watched him, and the reports were very good.
Speaker 6: I thought.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts came up with a very interesting line talking to the members of the media a little bit earlier today and he was asked about the ball club obviously last night, and you'll wash that away. Yeah it hurts, it's embarrassing, but it's gone. But Dave said, and here's a ball club that's eight games in front of everybody else in the Western Division of the National League. He said, and here's a quote. There's a lot of room, and there's a lot of room for improvement. There's a ball club. And then he says, I don't need to go into it. You guys have been watching the games and how they've been played. We need to improve in a few areas. And I think that's the difference between the teams and eight games in front of first place. I mean, that's where they are. That's the difference between teams that have high goals and high expectations and say, okay, fine, we should be a little bit farther out in front of everybody than what the eight games are and let's kind of tighten the belts and get down to what we can do instead of saying this is good enough, no doubt.
Speaker 3: And even guys feel that way on the team, the guys that actually that's.
Speaker 1: The difference between upper echelon teams and those everybody else.
Speaker 3: Rick, eight more games to go. Let's see if the Dodgers can starts to hit their stride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look forward to your interview coming up.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Rick, appreciate it. I had a good time with Blake.
Speaker 1: Snell and he's really a course down right now.
Speaker 3: Sounds good. Rick, We'll get you that icy hot We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan, Dodger fans? How about starting your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rent. Yeah, it's time to take that next big step in your life. What are you waiting for? Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come. Here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. A good one will show Hey, Otani on the mound, Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday will get you those keys to the game. But up next you get ready Snell Zilla Saturday with Blake Smell and David Vesse. That's next right here on the World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers Contek on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and the Astros. On this Saturday afternoon, Game two of this three game set as the homestand continues show aotani from Bervaldez. The pitching matchup First Pitch set for four fifteen. Celebrate summer with two dollars off is Zenchi Sushi Hybrid Mini Platter. Twelve handcrafted pieces, including favorites like the ultimate tune of Chili roll in the Crunchy Temporo role. Find yours at your local rouves right next to the deli counter. You can't miss it. The big Zenchi Sushi sign right there. They make it on site, fresh daily, and look for that two dollars off sticker. No membership required, just walk in and pick it up. Valid until July twenty ninth. Perfect is a meal or to share with your friends. Zench Sushi is fresh, affordable and packed with flavor in every single bite. Stop by your local robes and get two dollars off is zen she Hybrid Mini Platter.
Speaker 4: Today sad and now what will likely be vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 8: You know what day it is it's the fifth of July show. Hey o, Tany's on the mound. Yes, all of that is true, but and it's his birthday. The real thing going on today is snell Zilla Saturday with my guy, Blake Snell. Before first pitch, thanks a lot for the time, and happy Saturday.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you. It's good to be back on Oh he's in a.
Speaker 8: Great mood because he threw for the second time on this home Standay hitters, How did it feel today?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 6: Felt good. It's good to be back.
Speaker 10: It's good to you know, learn again and feel and know that it's getting closer to pitching and getting back to that. So happy with today. I just I felt like the fastball was better. I feel like I got a lot better from the first one to this one. So starting to repeat stuff and feel stuff that's right wrong, and yeah, getting getting better.
Speaker 8: You had a big leaguer in the mix today, Hayes Sung Kim. Did you request that or did he want to see what snail Zilla is all about?
Speaker 10: He needed some AB's yeah, so he got in there, and uh no, that was good. You know you need facing big leader is always good. So I appreciate him doing that.
Speaker 3: When the games are going on.
Speaker 8: You've explained to me how you read hitter swings in a situation like today. Is that what you're doing or you more focused on what you're doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean focus on what I'm doing.
Speaker 10: And then you know, trust and feel and understanding hitters when they get into the box what they're presenting, and and you know what that tells me, And then you know, how do I plan on dissecting you know, the bat?
Speaker 6: And just more strikes, you know, I mean, the more I get ahead, the better.
Speaker 10: And Yeah, as I've gotten older, I felt like I've done a lot better job of that and understanding that.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, they just get in the box.
Speaker 10: You just learn what they're telling you, and then you just pitch and see if you're right or wrong, and you adjust.
Speaker 8: This is the first time I've been around you every day, and I knew it was rough for you when you had to go on the I l I know it was tough for you when you couldn't throw.
Speaker 3: But I feel like there's a change.
Speaker 8: There's been a change the last three weeks and even on this homestand it feels like you believe you're close.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I know I'm close. I feel good, I feel healthy.
Speaker 10: Put a lot of work in to get to where I'm at right now, and I'm really happy about it. You know, got a lot more to do before I come back, but I really can't wait. This is this is what I do, It's what I love, and I just it's all I want to do.
Speaker 8: So since I am and this is the platform of Nolzilla on Saturdays, what's the next step?
Speaker 10: I think I want to rehab start next. They'll let me know, but I think that's what's next. And the Yeah, just get go and get closer to getting back here.
Speaker 3: Does it make it easier with the lead this team has built without.
Speaker 6: You, Yeah, I mean it definitely helps.
Speaker 10: It's fun to watch and see, you know, guys get there their opportunities and then the boys that you know are here for a long time just doing what they've been doing their whole career. But it's not surprising or anything to me. I think we should be even better and I think the best is yet to come.
Speaker 3: I know players never feel the pressure.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's why you guys are the best of the best, and you're a two time cy Young winner.
Speaker 3: But to have this type of team, to have this type of lead.
Speaker 8: They really don't need you to come in here and save the season, unlike other teams you've been on.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, I just need to come back and be ready to dominate and finish the year strong and then you know, figure out what I need to do to make sure I'm healthy for the full season next year.
Speaker 8: Blake Snell is our guest. You know what it is, Noil Zilla Saturday at Dodgers Stadium. You were here for Clayton Kershaws three thousand strikeout. You had the best seat in the house in the dugout.
Speaker 3: What was that moment like for you?
Speaker 10: You know, it was cool to see a part of history, only for her to do it left handed. Yeah, you know, I'm chasing after him, seeing if I can do what he's been able to do and to see if I could be better. And that's that's you know, that's a big feat to try to do. But it's something that I look forward to and I get to see it every day, and you know, it's just it's impressive to see what he's still able to do with you know, just how competitive he is and and that's why he's so good.
Speaker 3: He's just he competes and he.
Speaker 10: Never gives in and he's always finding a way to get better. He works his butt off and you know, it's just fun to be around, fun to learn and observe. And yeah, I mean, what a privilege to be able to watch that, you know, in the dugout and see that and in the moment itself, just how special it was, and the fans.
Speaker 6: That have watched it for you know, so many years to see that. It's just so special and surreal. And yeah, I was just so so happy, you know, for him and what he's done in this game.
Speaker 3: Isn't it crazy?
Speaker 8: That was a game first week of July against the White Sox, who do not have the best of records, yet it felt like a playoff atmosphere that night.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, he got two strikes on so many hitters. I'm like, well, like come on, and you could tell.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know he's trying to get it get it as well.
Speaker 10: And for him to do it in the you know, at the sixth the end of the sixth and you had to battle and to finally get it and then that's it.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was it was perfect.
Speaker 8: So how about when he went out for the sixth inning the crowd he erupted, gave him a standing ovation.
Speaker 3: That was that was special.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think you know, he went out just you know the guys that were coming up, and the possibility of a strikeout was pretty high, and yeah, I mean that was amazing. I think everyone knew that was going to happen. We wanted everyone wants him to get it, you know, get three thousand here.
Speaker 6: You don't want him to get it on the road.
Speaker 3: What do you think about his toast after the game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, awesome, Yeah, everything, I mean that's who he is. Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 8: Blake Snell is our guest, two time, two time cy Young Award winner, on his way back very soon after the All Star break, Blake Snell will pick up where he left off in a much better way. And certainly pitching herd is not fun. I was gonna ask you about just Michael Conforto because you were teammates with him in San Francisco. I don't know if you've heard about the reason why he's come out of his slump. Have you heard about how he's come out of his slump ideas?
Speaker 6: But what do you got?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, there is one scenario about the new bat all that that's part of the equation.
Speaker 6: But JD.
Speaker 8: Martinez, his only year with the Dodgers, was struggling. So we did a pregame interview, and because I broke my wrist going down the slide, he did get the dead fish handshake. So I felt like CONFORDO needed that. Do you want to feel the dead fish handshake right now?
Speaker 5: Chance?
Speaker 6: No, you keep that to yourself.
Speaker 8: You're making it sound a lot more creepy than it is. Are you sure you don't want to feel the dead fish headshay, No, learn how to go down a slide. I'm staying back from Milwaukee just to be safe this time. I want to keep the marriage attack for one more year.
Speaker 6: Yeah I like that. Yeah, No more Milwaukee trips.
Speaker 8: Okay, if you need me to take the Zilla national team down some slides or something before a game to inspire them, let me know.
Speaker 6: I think you've lost your privilege of going down a slide.
Speaker 8: All right, man, Well, thank you for the time. Can't wait to see you back, can't wait to see seven back on the mound. And today was another step in that direction. So keep the hair tight, keep the dreams alive.
Speaker 3: You know what it is.
Speaker 6: Wow, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Dog there he is my guy, Blake Snail.
Speaker 8: Snail Zilla Saturday and don't forget my guy is gonna receive a gift card to Boulevard's Steak, the acclaim modern steakhouse known for its prime cuts, fresh seafood, and incredible vibes.
Speaker 3: Snell Zilla needs a vibe. Just open a new location at Calabasas. He don't know about that.
Speaker 8: Make your own reservation at Boulevard Steaky Calabasas or Sherman Oaks by going to Boulevard Steak dot com.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: Tim all right. Snell Zilla Saturdays never disappoints with David Vise and Blake Snell. Dodgers and Astro's Game two of this three game set Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Potery, Yeah, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. With it's game Night, It's group night at Shaky's dot Com. We'll lead you up to first pitch. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this great pitching matchup. Yeah, show hey Otani on the mound. We'll look at the numbers next I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tax on your home for the Blue all season long long Dodgers.
Speaker 2: An Astro squaring off on this Saturday afternoon, July fifth. Astros won the series opener last night, New Day, New Game, first pitch coming up at four fifteen, and now.
Speaker 4: Before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I forced turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See you're a Toyota dealer today, they make it easy. From Bervaldez on the mound for the Astros nine and fourth to two to twenty seven Era, the thirty one year old right handed out of the Dominican Republic, has been really good this year. In fact, since twenty twenty, you can make an argument he has been the ace of this Astro staff. Making his eighteenth start this season, he has eight to zero in his last ten starts with a one seventy two RARA. He has been one of the most prolific round ball pitchers in MLB history and this year's second the American League. Sixty one percent ground balls that he gives up this year last time out, six shutout innings, five hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Cups. He's making his fourth career start against the Dodgers, second at Dodgers Stadium, shoe Hey Tani by the way against from Arvaldez thirty six at bats, a one thirty nine average with twelve strikeout. Speaking to show Hey, he's on the mound. Happy birthday to the now thirty one year old right hander. Making his four start this season last time out, two innings against the Royals, one hit, one strikeout, one walk, twenty seven total pitches. Before that, one inning against the Nationals, one inning against the Padres, show Hey will be making well. His first start ever on his birthday in the major leagues. At the plate, he is just two for twenty two with the home run on his birthday. Thirteen career starts against the Astros, the most of any opponent member he was in the American League West. Facing them, he's five and eight. Last faced them July twenty twenty three at the Big A and Anah. It's the Dodgers and Angels Dodgers and Astros Show. Hey Otani and from Barvaldez, a pitching matchup on this We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Well, this is.
Speaker 4: Morongo Casino Dodgers hunte on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 2: Dodger's playing host of the Houston Astros on this Saturday afternoon show. Hey o Tani from Bervaldez. Is the pitching matchup Dodgers thirty three and fifteen at home this season. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. Well, the same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's so important during fireworks season. Yeah, fireworks still going off on this Saturday. Expect them tonight all weekend long, so make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. Use safe and sane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never ever use fireworks in near grass that is dry or flammable materials. For more and from about these Stimpson to fight out others, visit fire dot CAA dot gub. All right, back out to the booth, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: All right, TC back here with Rick Monday one more time on a sunny Saturday at Dodgers Stadium. The Dog is going to try and put behind them the blowout loss in Game one of the series against the Astros, and they will face the stud left hander from Barvaldez, and the Astros have won each of his last ten games that he has started in from Barvaldezmos So he is going to be a tough task.
Speaker 1: What are the keys to get to them? Well, I think, first of all, he's a guy that throws a lot of strikes. There's no ifens and bunch about it. He is now coming into this ballgame thirteen consecutive scoreless innings, and it all began towards the end of May. In fact, if you look at how he started this season, it was not really exemplary. The first seven starts, he was one in four, Era was at four. But since May seventh, he's gone eight and two. That's in ten starts, as Era is under two, and it really parallels to last year. He got off to a rugged starter of a sudden dialed it in and became one of the better pitches that you're mentioning aga in baseball.
Speaker 5: He is not allowed a run in thirteen innings, thirteen consecutive scoreless innings for the astro starter.
Speaker 1: So the Dodgers have their left handed hitting lineup in there.
Speaker 5: Will Smith will bat third and Freddie Freeman will jump down to the cleanup spot to Oscar Hernandez and Andy Paie has to follow, and of course you got three lefties sitting on the bench. Show hey Otani's thirty first birthday, first time starting a game on his birthday. Then again, well, as you alluded to earlier, hitting on his birthday has not been easy for him either.
Speaker 1: No, it hasn't, I mentioned earlier on his birthdays two for twenty two. But it's going to be interesting to see Otani today and Dave Roberts the plan is at least coming into the game to stretch him out multiple innings in today's game. We'll see how we reacts. Still, kind of it seems a little weird the transition from pitching at home where he's on the abound to begin with, and then the leadoff hitter in the transfers that, hey to the bat boy, here's my glove, here's my hat. Now he give me the banning gloves and everything else. Transition is still trying to get smoothed down.
Speaker 5: Well, you've looked at his first three starts of the season. He has struck out in the first hitting every single time, So you wonder how that may evolve as the year goes on. But tonight we'll get another chance to see him. The fact is ball in his last outing against Kansas City that was the most crisp that we have seen him today, and.
Speaker 1: The highest velocity that he has thrown too is over one hundred miles an hour. A couple of pitches here and there. I'm more interested in how he attacks the strength zone, in particular the breaking both fast bowl has been there. Now we'll see about the breaking stuff and the continuation of throwing strikes.
Speaker 5: And whenever he comes out of the game, we know Justin Robleski will eventually come into it. And Robo has been on an absolute role. He has turned himself into a weapon. But dot He can't wait to get the baseball. Oh and we love watching him. He's made some tweaks with Dave Anderson down in the minor leagues. They widened his base and they got a more linear down the mound, and the results are speaking for themselves the last four turns. So Justin Robleski following show, Hey Otani, the Dodgers gonna try and even this series against the Houston Astros.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. First pitch, It'll be here in a minute.
Speaker 2: All right, first pitch is next Dodgers an Astros show, Hey Otani on the mountain, enjoy it. This has been Morocco Casino, Dodgers on deck on the World Champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network