Speaker 1: It is graduation season. I still have not recovered from my daughter's graduation two years ago in a class of nineteen hundred with the last name Wade. But we got lots of stuff to get too still, So don't go nowhere right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Now, let's go around the sports.
Speaker 3: KG Queints has all the sports. Ye too, I have a stapt It's gonna break your brain. Are you ready? I'm ready? Dallas legend Scotti Scheffler has won three times since May second? Has he won the Memorial this week?
Speaker 1: Three times?
Speaker 3: It's May second?
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 3: What major League baseball team has only won three times in the last month.
Speaker 1: It takesas Rangers. No, oh, they've won a ton Okay, I thought you were tying it in. That's got to be the Chicago White SOXLP. Who is Colorado Rockies?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Good job, it's May second.
Speaker 3: Scotty Cheffer has won the same amount of golf tournaments as the Rockies have games.
Speaker 1: And they play every day. That's insane. That is nuts. They're so bad. They're nine to fifty. Rangers are off today and play tomorrow. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They got a series win. They had eleven runs Friday night. They had eight or nine yesterday they had nothing on Saturday. It's okay, series win over a good team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: Head above Water boys, Yeah, seekers back right, he is okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Well we know that it is the Pacers in the Thunder that gets going on Thursday nine. Yeah, and talk a little more about that later on. Let's get to this. I want to play audio. This is Ernie Johnson of TNT Turner Sports, who's been there forever, and he is signing off the NBA on tn T because with the NBA's new media rights deal, they're gonna be on ESPN and Amazon, at NBC and ABC and they're not gonna be on Turner Sports anymore at TNT. So here's his sign off again. I cut this down to about forty seconds because he had three minutes of very thoughtful commentary and shoutouts and he is getting emotional at the end.
Speaker 1: He's been at this company his entire life. Yeah. Can I say something right quick too, because I want to set the scene on this because I was watching this live. There's four guys on set. They've been the core of the inside the NBA for a while. Shack Ernie, Kenny, and Charles. So they all said something. Shack went first set the tone dropped an F.
Speaker 3: Bomb, then Kenny went, Kenny echoed Shacks F bomb.
Speaker 1: Then Charles went, Charles told a great story, and then now it's time for Ernie, the guy who runs all of this. Ernie does his thing, and it was you could tell he had written it and it was very thoughtful. And so that's what you're gonna play.
Speaker 2: The four of us are gonna be together, our production crew is gonna be together. It's gonna be that same bunch. We're still gonna be shooting. That show in Atlanta is just going to air somewhere else. And so the craziness that you've seen, the nonsense and the foolishness and the top notch basketball analysis, all of that stuff's going to be on. It's going to be on ESPN or ABC next year, not on T young T for that. It's, uh, we're sad, but I'm proud to say, for the last time, thanks for watching us. It's the NBA on T young T. Before we go, guys, just do the money joint.
Speaker 1: Come on. Shack Man looked at me right when that happened. I was watching it live and I went, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Let me just say that Ernie started that job when Shack was a senior at Cole High School in San Antonio, So that meant a lot to him. And like, I just think about in the small role I have on the MAVs broadcast when we have something important going on, follow well is the voice of it. When he's finished up going.
Speaker 3: Oh and one more thing, Like Ernie had that in his mind. I've I've been here for three decades, I've given my life to this company. I have the final word, and I'm gonna end it with how I've ended every NBA broadcast.
Speaker 1: And then she goes, hold on everybody, I gotta talk again, and I was just like, dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Just some f in respect. I don't know, man, I get it.
Speaker 3: And you know, there's probably people listening right now going, hey, skin, you're being pretentious.
Speaker 1: But like I'm telling you, that meant a lot. That meant a lot to all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean the nature of that show is them to just goof off and say stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: So he was definitely not thinking, Yeah, I agree, and you're exactly right. And my point was, hey, man read the room. Yeah yeah, as Ernie's doing that, you can tell Ernie had thought out. This is a legendary show. Most people think Inside the NBA is the greatest sports studio show of all time. That's up for debate. But most people think that this is their final time. They're gonna go do something else on ESPN. But I tell you about that. Okay, you've got that. This is Barkley on and Dan Patrick this Morning. Does the show look like the show? It's just it's Inside the NBA, but it's on ESPN.
Speaker 4: Dad, We don't even know Okay, yeah, I don't know what we're doing. Then TNT is trying to do something stupid behind the scenes. We taped the pilot about a month ago and it was the stupidest, you know, because because we're not going to be on ESPN as much as people think.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, what do you mean you taped a pilot.
Speaker 4: But they're trying to do something stupid at TNT. And like I say, we taped the pilot doing stupid stuff. I wouldn't want to go out like that. So but I guess they want to feel like they're doing something to make us earn our money, but from TNT.
Speaker 3: So they're doing a show, and they were making fun of the fact that tn T doesn't have the rights to the NBA anymore, so it's them just doing stuff. They don't have highlights of basketball games they can cut to. They can't really talk about it. So but TNT is still going to make them do a show on TNT. And also he said, we're going to work about a half or maybe a third of the time that we're normally working over at ESPN. I saw Bill Simmons say some stuff today too, where he was like, dude, ESPN is going to change that show. They're not gonna be able to do whatever they want like they were at TNT.
Speaker 1: I will say, I mean, Bill Simmons has been at war with ESPN forever. I will say, in our brief time at ESPN, Yes, ESPN is about those four letters. Those four letters matter more than anybody they've ever had on there. Oberman, Bill Simmons, Dan Patrick, Scott Van Pelt, you guys can all suck it. There's four letters ESPN and it's about that over anything else.
Speaker 3: I would disagree with that now because now it's more about Pat McAfee and Steven A. Smith than anything else.
Speaker 1: Man, they'll root Pat McAfee out, do you think so? Yes, I mean he did a bunch backtracking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, Bill Simmons was huge. Bill Simmons was there when we were there. He was a monster.
Speaker 3: And he said know what fu and then he sold his company to Spotify for seven hundred million.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, No, they don't. They don't care about you. They care about those four letters. That is it telling you? That's interesting. I care about the nine letters the Today game. Oh, and we're gonna do it next. It's