Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Wednesday afternoon. You're Los Angeles Dodgers doing well. Winners of five in a row, seventy one and forty nine on this season, first place atop the NL West. Dodgers after way of the first two games in Milwaukee, look to do it again tonight. Is a welcome back Walker Walker viewer fresh off the IL. He gets to start tonight first pitch from Milwaukee set for five ten coming up over the next hour. Here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, We'll hear from Gavin LUs David Vase goes one on one with Jack Fularity. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Otani rewind, we got your Dodgers magical moment, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galpit Motors BROADCASTO and welcome in Jose Mota and Tim Never Well. Last night in Milwaukee, Stone pitched a gym while the Dodgers' offense played home run derby Gavin Stone, winless since June, looked like the Gavin Stone the first half of the season. Five innings, he allowed just one run on only three hits while striking out six along the way. He got himself out of trouble in the second inning. He's pitch count, though, got a little high, so he left after five innings in only eighty nine pitches. Bud Gavin Stone left with the lead, and it started in the second. Will Smith got it going in.
Speaker 3: A three ball to strike offer is hit well down the left field line, that ball is deep, that ball is gone and upper deecht home run just inside the foul pole, and will Smith makes it one nothing Dodgers with a two out solo home run, his sixteenth home run of the Caesar.
Speaker 2: Will Smith goes deep. It's been a while since he's gone deep. July sixth, to be exact, ironically, against Saint Brewers at Dodger Stadium, Dodgers up one to nothing. In the third, showy Otani hit a ball to the upper deck in American Family Field, number thirty seven of the season for show Hey, and the Dodgers lead was two to nothing. The Dodgers lead was two to one, and the fourth when they really busted it open. Gavin Lucks, the pride of Kenosha, Wisconsin, gave his family and friends a nice welcome home gifts.
Speaker 4: Doncher folks here watching him this week. He swings and.
Speaker 3: Hits a drive deep to right, failed way back, it goes upper deck.
Speaker 4: Home run for Gavin Lucks.
Speaker 3: Oh Loucks just crushed it and the scorer is now four to one on a two run homer for Gavin Lucks, his seventh of the season.
Speaker 2: Four hundred and twelve feet for Gavin Lucks. He gave it a ride to run shot, his seventh of the season. Dodgers up four to one and they were just getting going. Later, Keiky Hernandez a sack fly minute a five to one Dodgers lead. Then Andy Pi has a line drive laser down the left field line, hits the foul, a two run home run, his ninth of the season, his first since June eighteenth. Dodgers with five runs in the fourth, they busted at wide open. They take a seven to one lead. Gavin Stone he went the five innings. He turned it over to Landon Nak who piggybacked Gavin Stone and pitched four innings of relief, allowing just one run on three hits, earning the save as the Dodgers beat the Brewers last night, seven to two. Gavin Stone is tenth win of this season, first since the end of June. Dodgers hit four home runs last night. They've now won five in a row, eight of their last ten. Dodgers now twenty two games over five hundred on this season. They maintained their three and a half game lead in the division, and tonight it's Game three of this four game series. Walker Buehler back on the mound first pitch at five to ten, and with more Let's head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Jose Mota and Tim Neffertt.
Speaker 3: Guys, Thanks Tam Roofe open for the third straight night in Milwaukee at American Family Field as the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers play Game three of this four game series. The Brewers come in having lost three in a row and having lost nine of their last twelve to the Dodgers. Brewers sixty seven and fifty two. Meantime, the Dodgers at seventy one and forty nine, best record in the National League and tied with Cleveland for the best record in Major League Baseball. Are three games up on both Arizona and the Padres after the Diamondbacks and Podres both won their games earlier today, Dodgers have won five in a row eight of their last ten. Seem to be on a bit of a roll. They hope it continues here tonight, Jose. As we look at this matchup, it's a big one. Walker Buelder back in there is taking on Frankie Montas. But the offense the last five games has averaged six point two runs per game. As a team, the Dodgers are hitting two seventy three. The influx of offense that Gavin lux has provided has been great, and of course having Mookie Betts back makes a big difference.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a.
Speaker 5: Longer lineup, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: The opposing pitchers have a lot more to think about to not have to get to number six, number seven spot. And with all this, too is the home run has shown up. The Dodgers are a team that when they have the power showing, it is a much different monster. On the offensive side, And obviously for all that to happen, you got to score enough runs, but also you got a pitch one.
Speaker 7: The starters have done a.
Speaker 5: Very good job the last five games two point five ERA, the relievers are three ERA. And then on top of that, the combination that you have in prolonging innings and taking the walks and also in much better situational hitting hasn't been quite evident.
Speaker 4: Having Will Smith swinging the band again is good.
Speaker 3: Last night a three hit effort, single, double and a home run, his tenth career three hit game, and that's snapped a six p fifty nine strict. That's important to know that Will's getting those better swings off.
Speaker 5: You know, what I saw with Will was when he got moved down. Obviously he's got more ability and a chance to see how guys are being approached in front of him. And then on top of that, when the walk has disappeared from his game, that's an issue.
Speaker 7: Will has the ability.
Speaker 5: To walk and see a lot of pitches. So the home run with nine pitches before he connected, but also you know when he walked a couple of times two days ago, I'm like, you know, that's a good indication for him because he's not trying to fight himself through a slump. He's allowing the game to come and slow it down a little bit more. And usually when you're walking, you are hitting. I mean, it's just it goes connected to Showhill. Tony's not walking a whole lot right now, and he's not hitting. I mean, he's still hitting for power without just stick the connection that all the players have with the coordination of the hands going back, landing on Tom and being able to see the ball a little bit longer and putting it in play with authority.
Speaker 3: It's funny we say, Ohtani isn't hitting. He's only had three home runs in his last five games, right, But it's all relative.
Speaker 5: It is because show Hey, when he hits, it seems like obviously there's impact. And looking at his numbers right now, he's about to hit more home runs that he hit in the month of July. Is lugging is well over what anybody would anticipate with his average being down under two hundred. But nonetheless, he continues to be that threats, continues to be that guy that just one mistake you can pay and pay a big price for.
Speaker 7: And I know that's right.
Speaker 5: Now that what he's told me is he's got to go out there and get a little more settled with his feet. His feet are moving way too much, and all this is a product of how they're pitching to him, which is so important in moving his feet around. But he's gone through this before, and I can't wait until he starts getting seled once again, starts walking, because we're gonna see a better version even than we see today from Troyo.
Speaker 4: Tony keeping an eye on Otana.
Speaker 3: His next double gives him thirty, and he would be the third ever thirty thirty to thirty guy for the Dodgers Matt Kemp back in twenty eleven, roll him on to see You in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Well show.
Speaker 5: Hey obviously takes a lot of pride in that he's like Freddy Freeman. You know, he's like a long single needs to becoming double for him. So that'll be marvelous. I mean, for all the things that Tony came in in his label coming to the Dodgers, what he's done so far, and how much more he's enjoyed this because all these games matter and you're playing for something something he has never experienced.
Speaker 4: Good to have you with us tonight as we play musical chairs in the booth.
Speaker 7: Hey, whatever worked?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Dodgers and the Brewers Game three of this four game set coming up from Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you, Tim. Great to hear Jose tonight on the calls. We cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David vas saying we'll hear from Rick Monday as well. Don't you worry. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next, you're o Tani ree one as we lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday night for Milwaukee Dodgers Brewers. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Brewers, Game three of this four game set, just looking to maintain their lead in the division. Walker Buehler on the mountain, back off the il first bitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Rewy Rodgers have won four straight ball games, seven of their last nine.
Speaker 3: Well on and Otani rips this one the right fan way back upper deck and the show rolls on in Milwaukee, his second home running as many games, and the Dodgers lead it two to noth eight home run number thirty seven for show Haltani.
Speaker 2: Show Haltani goes deep in the third to give the Dodgers a two to nothing lead. They go on and beat the Brewers seven to two. He's now got thirty seven home runs on this season. The otanire Ryan brought to my etoins Oyocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available your local Diso stores, Amazon and etoin dot Com. That's it o e n. The Dodgers hit four home runs last night. Show Hey went Deep, Will Smith went Deep. Gavin Lucks win Deep last night, a two run home run in his return home to Kenosha, Wisconsin, and afterwards caught up with David Besse.
Speaker 8: We're here with the Pride of Kenosha, Wisconsin, my guy Gavin Lux, who hit a two run home run here in Milwaukee. Is it a little bit more special when you know you're putting on a show for the family.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, you know, just getting to see them, you know, before and after the game. They don't get to see me play. Its on obviously being in California. So whenever they get a chance, you know, hopefully I just play well. But yeah, I love having all these people in the stents.
Speaker 8: Gavin, when you guys come to Milwaukee, it seems like a Dodger win is inevitable. What is it about this matchup that favors you guys.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're a really good team.
Speaker 9: You know, they're you know, kind of structured like we are too.
Speaker 7: They're a good ball clup.
Speaker 9: So I think, you know, whenever we get in you know, to play some other playoff contending teams, I think we try to turn it up a notch or level of intensity goes up. But they're a really good team and so are we. So it's just teams that we know we got to show up against.
Speaker 8: Gavin Stone gave you guys a start that you needed. How good was he tonight?
Speaker 2: He was great?
Speaker 7: He was great. He ended up going what.
Speaker 9: Six, five, five, five, five, really solid outings, and you know, he was competing throwing strikes with all four of his pitches. So when he's on like that with four different pitches and a really good change up, he's really tough. So he's been doing that all year though, for the most part, so he's been pretty consistent.
Speaker 8: How sexy is Gavin Lux feeling in.
Speaker 9: Milwaukee besides the home run? Not crazy, but I feel pretty good man.
Speaker 8: Thanks a lot for stopping. Welcome home. You look good man.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that suit today.
Speaker 8: I'm just trying to match you.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 8: There, he is the man. Gavin Lucks a lot of family and friends here.
Speaker 2: All right, there's DV last night with Gavin Lux, who had a big two run home run part of a four run inning for the Dodgers as they busted it open last night for a seven to two win. Dodgers need to win tonight to maintain their three and a half game lead the division. Why because the Diamondbacks already won today. They've won now six in a row, nine of ten. The Padres have also already won today. They're third in a row. They've won nine of ten as well. So the Dodgers got the Diamondbacks on the and the Padres on their heels in the division. Dodgers need to get a win tonight. Brought you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate it today and it can be picked up tomorrow. It's that easy. Donate now at Carsfourkids dot Org. That's Cars with a K still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Va segoes one on one with Jack Flaherty. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager. Dave Roberts. Dodgers Brewers First Bitch of Milwaukee is coming up at five to ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Barrongo Casino Dodgers on decad sin Ues, Morongo Casino Resort and Spot. It's a Grand Slam four good times. Dodgers Brewers from Milwaukee. Walker Buehler on the mound, fresh off the IL, first pitch coming up at five ten. He's the LA Dodgers. Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, has mentioned Walker Buehler back on the mound. He has been on the IL since June eighteenth. He is back from that hip injury. He's got a couple of minor league rehab starts under his belt. He is good to go. Land and Neck gets option back to Triple A Oklahoma City after four innings of relief yesterday. Bruce star Gradero on the ilt the hamstring injury. Chris Taylor on the IL at the left groin, Yoshinoba Yaba Modo on the IL at the strained rotator cuff. He's gonna throw a sim game to the Dodgers in Saint Louis. He's hoping to join the Dodgers team at the end of the month. Max Muntsey, Ryan Brazier. They're getting closer. So is Tommy Edmond supposed to join this Dodgers team on the next home stand. All right, let's head back out to Milwauk. You check you out with the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Gibber A.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave.
Speaker 7: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 8: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave Walker, Bueler today. Is this one of those days that you're not sure what you're going to get and you're going to find out like all of us.
Speaker 10: I think that's that's reasonable. And I say that, you know, with the expectation for him to, you know, still show well, pitch well, but you know the inconsistencies that we've seen, you know from obviously performance and health and all that stuff. Just talking to Walker the last few days, he feels really good about where he's at physically mentally, so I expect to give him. But I think it is one of those things that you want to see it how.
Speaker 8: Well we know things are going well for him. Will there be some sort of tell that all of us can pick up on.
Speaker 10: I think the strike throwing will be number one. I think that, you know, I don't think it's the velocity. I think it's the commanding of the fastball and with the right hand hitters, I think seeing how his slider's playing with the swing and miss, he should get some early soft contact. But yeah, if you started seeing a lot of foul balls and not being able to finish at bats, then is probably going to be more a little bit more laborious than than it should be.
Speaker 4: Do you have a roster move to activate him yet?
Speaker 10: We are gonna send out land and Knack and Landing was great for us, picked us up huge. But yeah, unfortunately he's a casualty.
Speaker 7: It's time now Walker just to run at this to get some momentum. Like how long run do you think he'll get? Yeah, that's a that's a fair question.
Speaker 10: I don't I don't know that answer. I think that with the track record, he certainly deserves a longer runway. But what that means is it three starts? Is it four or five starts? I just don't know right now. And obviouslye you know, losing River was cut into that, right, But you've also had some other guys that have performed too, So it's about performance and we all know that. But there's also the part of, you know, the respect and runway a certain person earns.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down to the dugout talking about the moves the Dodgers have had to make in that Walker Bueller expectations going into this start tonight. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. Well, we continue here on Todgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vassa lead you up to first pitcher Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers. Dodgers winners of five in a row, eight of their last ten, three game lead currently going into play tonight in the NL West. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, OH Dodgers on Deack on.
Speaker 2: Your home for the Blue All season long, It's the Dodgers and the Brewers. Walker Viewer on the mound. First Bitch ofm Milwaukee is coming up at five to ten the umpiring crew for tonight's game. Brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: First pitch set for five to ten, joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deack.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV the series at Dodgers standium in the series at Milwaukee, it's been pretty lopsided for the Dodgers over the Brewers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really has.
Speaker 8: You look at what the Dodgers have done to the Brewers since twenty eighteen. It has been very favorable to Los Angeles. It just seems like the matchup is very much in the Dodgers favor. If you go back to the Dodgers beating the Brewers in seven games in the twenty eighteen NLCS, the Dodgers are thirty and seventeen against Milwaukee, including the postseason. They beat them in twenty eighteen in the NLCS, and they also swept them in the first round of twenty twenty in that postseason round. So the Dodgers seem to match up really well against the Brewers. And I actually got a message from old friend Ya cl week because I told Yasel.
Speaker 4: We're here in Milwaukee.
Speaker 8: And it has been brought up a few times about his big home run in Game seven of the twenty eighteen NLCS here in Milwaukee to left center field, and he just responded, hey, bro, hope you're doing okay. You did not relish in all those memories, but actually great to get a message back from him. And that was certainly a memorable game.
Speaker 2: Seven, no doubt about it. Dave is brought to you by four. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours at the four. F one to fifty gas high, all electric, tough. This march can only be called f one fifty David. The Dodgers have won five in a row, eight of their last ten, and the offense is really starting to heat up.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 8: And I try to ask Freddy Freeman about that. I said, hey, Freddie, they want me to talk about the Dodger offense. What's been the biggest key during this five game winning streak? And he just rolled his eyes and said, David, come on, you really want me to pinpoint one thing. Look, any offense, any period of time, it all comes down to two out base hits, timely hitting with runners in scoring position, and that's what the Dodgers have been doing. And he said there might be times where the Dodgers are not doing it as well, and you can't sustain it for a full one sixty two. So he said, I know you have something to talk about, but that's really the key to all this. And then Miguel Rojas chimed in while he was doing his infield drills with Dino Ebel. He said, hey, why don't you talk about that? Where six and two since I came back? And then Freddie said, hey, we're five and one since I came back. So everybody is basically stressing the point that there are ebbs and flows to every season, and the biggest reason in offense sustains a five game winning streak is because of timely hitting and also other guys getting on base. Even though you may not score a run, it helps to turn the lineup over so guys like Mookie and Otani and Freeman get more at bats with the game on the line.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, We've got a couple of Dodgers back over the last few weeks. Walker Beeler back tonight, Tommy Edmund, Max Munsey, the two set to join the Dodgers soon. Right, what's the update.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tommy Edmund and Max Munsey played their third rehab game for Oklahoma City last night, Edmund got the start again in center field.
Speaker 4: Max was playing third base.
Speaker 8: And the plan is when the Dodgers return home from this seven game road trip on Monday, that both those players will be active, if not on Monday, shortly thereafter. So Dave Roberts said, both those guys came out of their rehab assignments okay last night. And also a guy that's coming back to give some reinforcement to the Dodger bullpen, Ryan Brazier. He's been out for quite some time months. He is expected to be activated this weekend in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: That is certainly good news. DV appreciate it. We'll check back you with you just a little bit. David's gonna go high Insight with Jack Flaherty. That's coming up just a little bit before first Bitch Dodgers fans a hands. You're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelino's Lakare dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but I'm next your Dodgers Magical Moment, Don't go anywhere, leading you up to Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. I'm Tim Kats. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers Ante on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers. First finch coming up at five to ten, Walker Buehler, Frankie Montage, the pitching matchup Game three of this four game set again set for five to ten.
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot It's time for the Haffey Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawvey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: You go back to twenty eighteen, the NLCS Dodgers and Brewers went to a game seven in Milwaukee. It was a close game. Chris Taylor with one of the best catches you'll ever see.
Speaker 11: No Ball's two strikes came leading from second for a set at the belt. The O two fly ball left center field. It's gonna be a long run for Taylor and he makes a spectacular over the shoulder catch on the warning track, falling to the ground.
Speaker 2: Want to play by Chris Taylor saving a.
Speaker 4: Run and ending the inning.
Speaker 6: I didn't think he had a chance in the world. He reached up as high as he could, as he was really falling down. He was going to sacrifice body and all an incredible catch in a critical spot.
Speaker 2: Chris Taylor with a spectacular catch the end the fifth inning and preserve the Dodgers' lead, as they would win Game seven of that twenty eighteen in lcsa's Hawfey Magical Moment brought to you by Haffey hot Dogs, a so cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit haffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave delicious Haffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, well check out with Rick Monday. So he leads up to first pitch from Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers for Milwaukee Dodgers winners of five in a row, eight other last ten Dres and Diamondbacks already won today. So the Dodgers as we speak, just a three game lead in the division. Walker Bueller on the Mount. Dodgers fans, start your future at California Community College. Financial aids have be able to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today, I can go to college dot.
Speaker 1: Com and now joined by David Bassey, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Well, Rick Monday can't live without me, so he's sliding over to sports and at LA for the night pin hitting for Oral Herscheizer.
Speaker 6: Oorls under the weather, and uh we hope he's going to be back tomorrow. In the meantime, I thought I would slide over one booth and maybe be invisible, but you found me.
Speaker 8: You can't get away from me, Rick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've tried the Dodgers, by the way, they cannot get away from I think what's happening right now, and the offense is starting to come alive. In particular, I think three guys. I think of Kevin Lux, no question about it, what he's done since the All Star break. You look at kick Hernandez since he's been fitted for some glasses. They found he had an astigmatism in his right eye. And I went to a doctor, and I'm very familiar with I've gone to myself. Alex lewis out in Hacienda Heights, who, by the way, understand his phone is ringing off the hook right now, as.
Speaker 7: It should be.
Speaker 6: And the other guy, if we talked about what's happening, is Will Smith swinging the bat much much better? Smith not in that lineup. Tonight's going to be Austin Barnes doing the catching. But from an offensive standpoint, things are really happening. And what about Mookie Vets? How do you possibly explain you're out for forty five games. You don't go for a rehab. Basically you're taking live pitching. That was the story. You come back. He hits a home run the first game back, and then he winds up with a couple of base hits last night. He makes good plays in the outfield. He's absolutely a remarkable athlete.
Speaker 8: He really is. I think we all take it for granted what you just said. It's hard to hit the baseball, let alone miss six weeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think also listening to Pat Murphy, the manager of the Milwaukee Brewers, which by the way, you know he also coached at Arizona State. Just had to get that in there. But he said, and here's the quote talking about the Dodgers last night, because the Dodgers, they're really, really a good team, and you can really create some argument that they arguably have the three best players in the game itself, the lead off the game, the first three spots, because you're talking about Otani, Betts, and then Freeman.
Speaker 4: No doubt about it.
Speaker 8: But Freddie Freeman actually told me earlier today, Rick, stop trying to overthink it, David. Two out base hits runners in scoring position. That's when an offense looks its best. And right now, he said, that's the reason why everybody's glowing.
Speaker 6: And I think, also, David, is that that needs to come to the forefront more. And not to take away anything they've done the first two games of the series, but you can't live with the long ball, and that's what they have done. They've hit six out of the ballpark. In fact, ten of the twelve runs they scored in this series so far via the home run. With someonet on base, you go to long ball, the need to get back and just consistently get runners on base too. So that's what they're doing right now. Hopefully that happens. But the big story is Walker Rueler starting the game tonight for the Dodgers, and we'll see how he feels now and how rhythmic his delivery appears.
Speaker 8: I've been asking a few of his teammates, a few of his coaches what to expect tonight. They don't really have an answer. We're all going to find out at the same time.
Speaker 6: I noticed Sunday night when we arrived in the hotel here in Milwaukee, and I talked to him very, very briefly. He's excited. I think he's nervous, and for good reason. I think that's a good feeling. When you get that little some people call it butterflies, some people call it just anxiousness. That is a good feeling for I think a professional athlete in particular, because it's is performance based, and you could see that the anticipation of tonight was already building up Sunday night.
Speaker 8: I asked him yesterday, Rick, do you feel close to yourself? He said pretty close. And he's a big guy that feeds off a swagger.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: On the exterior, he'll try and give you the appearance he's calm, cool, eglective. I have to think there's probably a volcano that is churning inside, and that's a good thing, no.
Speaker 8: Doubt for the Dodgers. Continue that chain of goods starting pitching. Rick, we'll see.
Speaker 7: On the TV side.
Speaker 8: Thanks a lot for stopping by.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nice to see your coat and typeou.
Speaker 8: Thanks, don't get used to it.
Speaker 6: I'll see if I can hide better tomorrow.
Speaker 8: On you you in the studio, Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 7: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot com or stopping in LA Area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup Rick and Tim Jose. Everybody on the broadcast tonight Radio TV. David Vessey is on Sports and at LA. I'll get you cover for post game after the game. But coming up off the Keys to the game of next TV goes high and tight with Jack Flaherty. Yeah, we'll hear from the right hander next we lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers the return of Walker Bueller. I'm Tim Kaates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Milwaukee, winners of five in a row. Dodgers red hot, but right behind them on their heels are the Padres and the Diamondbacks. Both those two teams one today earlier on this Wednesday. So going into action tonight, the Dodgers lead in the division is only three games, despite winning five in a row and eight of their last ten. They've had two great pitching matchups the last two nights and performances from Clayton Kershaw, Gavin Stone, and landonnac combining last night. Tonight, we'll find out what Walker Buehler has getting his first start since June eighteenth, we'll dive deeper, you know, those pitching matchups against Frankie Montes coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set for five ten Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, there's only one place to go to. The very best and that's Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c HLA dot org d and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high end tight.
Speaker 8: Great to be here with Jack Flaherty, off the streets of Olive Avenue and Burbank to pitching for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time, appreciating.
Speaker 7: Always always absolutely good to be here.
Speaker 8: Hey had to get you before we go to Saint Louis. You know they're all chopping at the bit for some Jack Flaherty back into.
Speaker 12: Lou You know it. Good to go back there first time. Spent a lot of years there, a lot of good memories, a lot of good people, you know, looking forward to it, but looking forward to us.
Speaker 7: Went into ball games.
Speaker 4: Too, Jack.
Speaker 8: I was thinking back to twenty eighteen when you were bursting onto the scene, Walker Buehler was bursting onto the scene. You guys faced off against each other twice. Everybody was billing it Flerity versus Bueller, the future. How surreal is it or ironic that you're now teammates with him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean we've talked about it.
Speaker 12: It's it's kind of funny you look back on, you know, in twenty eighteen facing off against each other, those those were two of the funnest matchups I've ever had, just going against him, and you know, we had got to know each other a little bit prior to that, and you know, in those arts was a lot of fun. And you know, it's it's good to be his teammate now and be able to kind of work alongside him.
Speaker 8: What's the feeling you're getting from him, the sense you're getting from him in anticipation of tonight's start, He's ready to go.
Speaker 7: He's he's been looking forward to it. He's been anticipating it.
Speaker 12: You know who he is, just from knowing him for years and watching him, the way he goes about it, way he goes and competes.
Speaker 7: You know, he's been kind of chopping out a bit.
Speaker 8: Talking to Clayton Kushaw, he's been impressed by you. What's it mean to you to know that a guy like him, you were winning your high school championship in twenty thirteen when he was at the height of his powers. Also being teammates with him, and him appreciating your love for the game of baseball.
Speaker 7: Kind of crazy, a little bit surreal to hear that.
Speaker 12: You know, I've been lucky enough to have had conversations with him in the past, you know, prior to being teammates with him, and then you know, be able to be here and watch the way.
Speaker 7: He just that he goes about his goodest way.
Speaker 12: He goes about his work is you know, it's second and none of it's fun to see and you know, just to have have those moments and you know, be able to talk over some things and you know, go over a couple of different things has been just uh, you know, a pleasure and you know, complete learning experience.
Speaker 8: You being back with the Dodgers, it's gone really well the first two starts. How have you been able to just control everything and still have the poise on the mound.
Speaker 12: To deliver you know, at the end of the day, it comes down to trying to win games.
Speaker 7: And that's that's what we're all here for, is what we're here to do.
Speaker 12: You know, we want to enjoy it and and enjoy every second that we get and the in the downtime and enjoy that.
Speaker 7: The second way cross the.
Speaker 12: Lines, and uh, you know that that's where that's where the game starts and where we have to just go out and compete. So it's been a lot of compartmentalizing and you know, holding down feelings and whatnot and enjoying those and.
Speaker 7: The times after starts. But uh, it's just also been a lot of fun.
Speaker 12: You got a great group of guys here and great staff.
Speaker 7: Everything is just you know, it's it's been.
Speaker 12: Uh, it's so far, so good, and just hope to continue it.
Speaker 8: You told me that you went out to watch Tyler Glass now throw his bullpen.
Speaker 4: What makes you do that? What's the motivation? What do you feel like?
Speaker 8: Are you trying to pick up something or are you just loving the game?
Speaker 12: I mean ironic, it just goes back to the days in Saint Louis.
Speaker 7: It's just what we were taught to do.
Speaker 12: It's how it was with uh with Wayno and uh, you know it was go go watch your starter's pens and and be a group, be a cohesive unit, and uh, you know that's part of that's part of it was just took.
Speaker 7: Out and do that. So it was you know, whenever you get a chance.
Speaker 12: Sometimes schedules don't always line up.
Speaker 7: But whenever you get a chance.
Speaker 12: To to go out and watch a guy's pen and just you know, kind of watch them work. And because we spend so much time with each other, whether it's on the bench or uh, you know, just our schedules are different than everybody else's and that we know exactly when we're playing. You spend a lot of time and you just bounce ideas off each other, you talk fall and uh, you know, when you know what somebody, when you can watch them and know what they're you know, referring to when they say something, it's it's a little bit easier to make those conversations.
Speaker 8: That's so cool to hear because everybody has this reception that being a starting pitcher, you're on an island, you're by yourself, you're an individual. But to hear it that way, it makes it seem like it's more of a cohesive thing.
Speaker 7: That's how you want it to be.
Speaker 12: You want it to be a unit, and you want everybody to feed off of each other, and you just want everybody want to start to the next every you know, day to day, uh, because we all we all get it. We've all had good starts, we've had bad starts. We've had those ones that are in between that are kind of like, gah, you're not sure how to feel about it, and uh, you just try to make it as much of a little unit within this within this team. And if you want everybody in of itself to work together and and and and be a cohesive you know unit, and then as you know, starters, you want to.
Speaker 7: Be able to to take care of each other.
Speaker 8: All right, before I let you go, I'm sure mom's watching. How has mom taking all this in and with you being a Dodger and now you know two start saying, going on to your third tomorrow.
Speaker 7: She's been good. Mom's mom.
Speaker 12: You know it's been Uh, it's been fun seeing her a little bit more just just kind of being back home.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's Mom's mom.
Speaker 8: Maybe some home cook meal, a couple more of those, for sure. Thanks a lot, Jack, appreciate your time and always great to see you.
Speaker 7: Absolutely thank you.
Speaker 8: There he is the man straight from the eight one to eight, the great Jack Flarity all.
Speaker 2: Right, the pride of Burbank. Jack Flarity doing big things so far with the Dodgers, and they are certainly glad to have him part of this rotation Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's Dot Com or leading you up to first bitch Dodgers and Brewers coming up, We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. It's the return of Walker Bueller. I'm Tim Katson. This it's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Ma Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers. First pitcher, Milwaukee's coming up at five to ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: For as hit about your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams you into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Frankie Montas on the mound for the Brewers five and a with the five to ten era, thirty one year old right hander ten seasons now in the Big leagues White Sox as Yankees Reds Now the Brewers. He was one time in the Dodgers minor league system. They brought him back for a second time before getting traded away to the A's, making his twenty second start of this season, his third with the Brewers since coming over in the trade from Cincinnati. He was the Reds opening day starter. If you can believe it, he went four to eight with the five RRA in nineteen starts with Cincinnati. He's one to zero with a six RRA in two starts with Milwaukee last time out four innings, three runs, two hits, seven strikeouts and a no decision against the Braves. He is zero to two with an EER of eleven to fifty seven in three career starts against the Dodgers, including the no decision this season. Back on May seventeenth at Dodgers Stadium, Walker Buehler on the mound for the Dodgers. He is back. The thirty year old right hander. It set a rough go coming back from his second Tommy John surgery he missed all of last year. Finally made his first start of the season back on May sixth. He's made eight starts before going on the injured list with a hip injury. He hasn't pitched since June eighteenth in the big leagues. He shut it down, went back to Triple A Oklahoma City, made a couple of starts there, and now he's back to see what he can give this Dodgers team down the stretch against the Brewers and his career one and one in the regular season with a won fifty e R Dodgers Brewers, Walker Buehler and Frankie Montaze the pitching matchup. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next of Tim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Brewers. Walker Buehler back, first starts since June eighteenth. Frankie Mantas, the former Dodger minor leaguer on the mound for Milwaukee. First pitch coming up in five to ten. Dodger fans enhansher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's a crystal clear listen. It's all powered by our friends at Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth. Jose Motaten never guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks Tim. Pitching matchup tonight, Frankie Montas, who was traded at the deadline from Cincinnati to the Brewers, makes his third start for Milwaukee, and Walker Buehler comes off the injured list, and he is hoping for much better results this time than when he first came off.
Speaker 5: Yes, and last time in Colorado. We know what happened with a hip injury, which he says it was a legit hip injury that happened even before he got hit on that hit. But you know what I like more is about this time around is the fact that he's been stretched out.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: He won five and three last time out in the minors, his longest outing in the rehab. He's made nine starts on the minor leagues, and that's accumulative when you consider that he needed the innings, he needed the reps, he needed to find out where stuff is. But here's one thing too.
Speaker 2: Velocity is not bad.
Speaker 5: He's averaging ninety six ninety seven, but he's got seven pitches he can work with, so I would say, if you can reduce it down to three pitches tonight, that'll be marvelous to command three pitches and let the rest take care of itself, because his stuff is really there.
Speaker 4: Ninth start of the year for Walker Buller.
Speaker 3: He's one in four in a two nine seven ERA twenty second start overall for Montage Montage five to eight with a five to ten earned run average. The return of Walker Buehler here tonight in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as the Dodgers go for six in a row.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you, guys. Don't forget after the game. I'll be back with all the postgame festivs, including Dodger doc on our Flag, Shavani seventy LA Sports First Pitches, Next Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. Enjoy it. I'm Tim Kates and this has been Rogo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Noword