Speaker 1: Ah, there we go first Monday, Rodney, Eric Dickerson myself, d How are you good?
Speaker 2: How you guys doing today? What's that? What's up? Rodney?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm in Little Rock, Arkansas right now, in a room. Yeah, stay inside.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. No, it's nice and Little Rock. The weather's nice out here. Okay, man, it's real nice. Ida. I played a gold course yesterday called I think it's Analosha. I can think of this fancy in analosha. It is gorgeous, gorgeous. I mean the guy that I guess built the golf course. He was, uh the president over at what's one of the what's one in Atlanta? Everybody talks about Big Tim Augusta. He was president of Augusta and he built this course. Uh Man, When I say beautiful, you can't believe in Arkansas. I said, this is Arkansas.
Speaker 3: And you know the best thing, Rodney, it was like eighty degrees, like every five eighty degree. IM like, I'm loving this well in Arkansas, Eve though I don't know in Arkansas, don't get don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: Then why are you in Arkansas? I had I had an appearance over here, Fred, I mean people still want to see me. I know, I know it's hard to believe you there, go ahead, right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was just saying on the golf court to wrap that up a good time a year, because I'm sure it's like green as hell. It was all you know, in summertime and it being the fall.
Speaker 2: Now it's beautiful. It's beautiful. I got to say, it's it's beautiful over here. It really is. I mean, you know, this is and the things they love, my man John Daily out here because they know I know John, And let me tell you this is. This is raisor back country. They loved them raising back so him. I mean like like like California love. Let's see, man, I think they they play. I forgot who they played. They had Oklahoma stated they had three, they had six hundred and eighty some yards of total offense, had lost the game.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you don't do that. That's different down there in the South though, either. You know the people they live, they shut down the town every day. Whole thing shuts down when it's when it's games on Saturday. Boy, it's a whole different event. They depressed, they depressed them because they lost.
Speaker 2: Seriously, they depressed them, like man, I'm like, hey, this is dark and so hey, well, you know, but it is nice. People go to the beach, they go to beach, go to mountains. They like, we'll go to Noble and get over get over it exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you're walking down the streets of Little Rock, Arkansas, Eric, well, what is that like? I've never been there? Uh it would it be like Malibu?
Speaker 2: Come on, Fred, now you know you sound like a food Fred. He's all right.
Speaker 1: Would it be like uh, I don't know, run out of hills?
Speaker 2: What would it be like? Uh? More more like more like seay. I mean, I mean it's nice. I mean it's you know, this is this is America. It really is. It's a lot. You know, there's a lot of nice people out here, really nice people. You know, you got that that southern Southern accent. You know. It's just it's different. I mean, it's different if you if you live in Arkansas, anywhere in the South, if you know what I'm talking about. But I like coming over here. I mean I've been here in years, a long time, but I won't live here. Don't get me, don't get it wrong. Now, hey, hey, but I got I gotta tell I gotta tell you a story. The hotel I'm staying in, it's called the Capitol Hotel. I think it's called a Capital Hotel. Uh huh, yeah, the Capital Hotel. It was built in like I think eighteen forty seven. You listen to as Grant stayed here a hotel and the elevator. When I say you're talking about a big ass elevator, I'm like, why is this elevator so big? I mean really? And the guy told me said, you listen to as Grant want to bring his horse to his room. I'm like, okay, what do you doing with the horse in the room? Now? What's going on? Some freaky stuff going to the horse in the room.
Speaker 3: But then when I said it's a big I mean I got an elevator, I'm like, why is this elevator so damn big? Like a freight elevator exactly. It's why it's wider and taller horse teams out there. But you're right about the you know the South. Don't spend a whole lot of time in the South, But I spent a lot of time in Georgia lately, and and you do you get that Southern hospitality that it is real.
Speaker 2: Now, there's some there. There's some bad apples out.
Speaker 3: There that don't want everyone. Don't make that wrong turn, go out there in.
Speaker 2: The middle of the night, in the middle of the night. You know story. But there is nothing to the hospitality in the South. Yeah, I agree with that. I mean I had something today. Have you ever heard of have it's called fried fried black eyed peas? You ever heard of that? No? Well, I tried it today. I mean I'm not a real fan. I mean it was okay, No, okay, I won't do that again. I did to try it. I'm like, I'm cool with that. Uh, you know, it's like having fried pickles. I've had that, had that Texte I do like those pas there. You gotta you gotta ask what it is because they'll put out no, no fried.
Speaker 1: Fried out my pride mountain.
Speaker 2: Nois the mountains some fried up or whatever. Yeah. No, you didn't have to get it. They recommended it, so I said, well, I said, we'll try, but I'm cool. I don't want to fry. Do you have any possum You have a possum friend?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not even possive.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you know right, ain't you know? Fredd ain't no possible, Fred. They believe me when I told him Fried possum. Matter of fact, I told somebody the other day I saw a robbin. You know, I saw a robbin jumping around my yard. I said, I used to eat those. Said, come on, Dick, man.
Speaker 2: You lying.
Speaker 3: I said, no, man, I said, ain't the robbin? I mean, I don't forget get Look at the breast. The breast was a good part of it. The Robbins, you know, the ribbing with the red breast. Yeah, the robbin had robb had for had had you know, robbing. You know you've had robbin Fred. Look look at Fred looking like Fred Loick, like he just been down into a limo.
Speaker 2: Like listen.
Speaker 1: The only experience I've ever had with the possum, and I've told the story, is when the possum chased my card. I tried to bite my tire.
Speaker 2: Save theos you should. It's a possum free, I mean a possum try to bite your car.
Speaker 1: Right, possum. Possums are not nice. Possums are mean, right, yes, okay, And they've got like teeth like they can snarl. Right, they got there. I told you Eric, when the possum used to chase me home from NBC. It would wait for me on the corner of More Park from to window.
Speaker 2: There positive here come free it. I gotta I gotta go, man, I gotta run. I gotta get out of here. Man I gotta go chase Frae possum. So I pulled. This is no Eric.
Speaker 1: This happened so years ago. I'm going and I go up to this light and I look and I look behind me out the wind, and there looks like something that's an enormous rat. And the rat is just staring at my car. It's staring at me. I mean it's looking into my soul. So the light changes and I drive away. I come back the next night at the same time, and it's there again. It's like this enormous rat and it's staring at me, and it looks like it's mad at me. And I don't know why I'm in the car and I just happen to be driving there. So the next thing I know, it chases me and tries to bite my tire as I drive away. The third night, I go back to the light. It's about eleven forty at night, and I'm a little concerned now because I've seen this giant rat, which I later learn as a possum. So I go to the light and it's not there, and I thought, okay, I've dodged the possum, the rat.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I go up because that's when I lived in the hills and Studio City. I go up to the house, I pull up, and I will be damned. And if you tell me it's not the same one, then okay, that possum is sitting on my front steps waiting for me.
Speaker 2: Wait stop, let me ask you one question. So how far are you from the stud from the studio.
Speaker 1: You left, Yeah, like three four miles.
Speaker 2: So still, so you're telling me that possibly three or four miles to your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm saying it probably didn't come down three or four miles the nights it was waiting for me at the light. It did the night it was waiting for me at the light, but obviously it knew where I was going. And then you ended up in front of my house a different night, and it was I swear to god, it was sitting right on the steps and I looked at it and I was like, what the hell this thing looks like it's going to attack me. So I threw a brick at it and ran in the house.
Speaker 2: You sound ridiculous, I mean see you said that's true. I don't believe that. Fred, I'm sorry. So the possum left the corner. They say, ye're gonna to Free's house. So it followed you to your house, tracked you to your house. Oh come on, Fred, come on. After people in the audience post then come on that Fred sound And did you say the possum came back the next day? That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. Did the possum have a tattoo that you could recognize? No? I didn't know. Right, you know it? You had the possum head on.
Speaker 1: So you're you're telling me, uh, just by coincidence, there was another possum waiting for me. It couldn't have been the same one. Well you think they have a meeting, a possum meeting, and they this guy was a scout and told the other one to go get me.
Speaker 3: Well you think it's the only possum. It's the only postum in l A. I mean the one that that.
Speaker 1: Was Why would the why Eric, why would a possum wait for me at the light two nights in a row, and to try to attack my car, and then all of a sudden, a different possum knew exactly where I lived.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that possum follows you all the way to your house.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't understand the mind of the thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you.
Speaker 1: Maybe that possible? What maybe maybe the possum? No, I don't tell like you're talking about ghost at your house and guys with like stove pipe.
Speaker 2: But other people I've seen it. Other people have said, who did anybody else see the possum? Fred?
Speaker 1: At the house?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, at the car at the red light? No, who saw at? So? Who saw him at the house? My wife? How your wife see him? You said you outside.
Speaker 1: Because you saw me throw She heard me throw a brick at it, and even five at nights.
Speaker 2: So how does she know what you're throwing the brick at? So she saw the she.
Speaker 1: Heard the sound, She looked out, and she saw the possum run away.
Speaker 2: Well you behind them, there's a door, a window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was in the window looking out.
Speaker 2: Come on, Fred, I think you're lying, for it.
Speaker 1: Is very revealing.
Speaker 2: I just don't believe it. Think about that. We think about this it Rodney. Then you go, I'm at I'm, I'm I'm I'm at Losi and said. I got up the sunset, and all of a sudden, I see a possum. Right.
Speaker 3: The possum looks at me. I look at the pot and we make eye contact with the possum. The possum looks.
Speaker 2: At the car. I got the possum chase the car. Okay, I'm sure car could run a possum by long ways, that's fair. I come back the next day, I see the possum again. I look like I see the possum. Okay, the possum see my car. Hollow on, it's the same possum. That's the only possum in that area. Okay, boom.
Speaker 3: Now I get home. The possum at my house. So the possum attract me all mis Smellie's time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna track you.
Speaker 3: All that sounds ridiculous. Possum detect detective possum on the case.
Speaker 2: Let's see, like.
Speaker 1: The ponsum that taught me the first night, it would not have tried. It would not have tried to attack my car the second night, was it that possum had a bandetta against me? Now, I don't know if it was the car. I don't know why. I don't know if it was the car.
Speaker 2: I never heard that. I never heard the story before. This sounds ridiculous, but it's true. So the pasta, So the possum is like Colombo. Huh, Colombo passam got Colombo possum on the case.
Speaker 1: Hey, I ever tell you about the time, every about the time I came face to face with the giant raccoon.
Speaker 2: That's they're scary, now, yeah, they're scary, right. What was the raccoon doing?
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, Rodney. You remember the story. We're moving from our house in Calabasas, and we had this giant dumpster and we're throwing stuff in the dumpster. And I walked outside to go to work in the morning, like eight thirty eight forty five, and the raccoon is standing there staring at me, eating pacha.
Speaker 2: And just like a human being.
Speaker 1: It was just like eating pizza staring at me.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's true, Okay, so okay, And that's what I yelled.
Speaker 1: Go raccoon, and it ran away, go dead.
Speaker 2: Not that I could possibly believe that for it. I mean, that's possible that.
Speaker 1: The raccoon was inside the dumpster. Okay, it was sitting on top of the dump thank you. It was inside the dumpster. But when it heard me, it came out and stared at me and like taunted me while eating the pizza.
Speaker 2: Is what he shook the piece in your face and hate you on some of this.
Speaker 1: He didn't do that, but I.
Speaker 3: Want some next thing. The next thing pared me said. The raccoon was sitting on the dumps to his legs crossed, had a drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah he had. He had had a bud light next to him.
Speaker 1: My point is this, Eric, you eat possum and you're eating raccoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have that is disgusting, dreg You think I wanted to eat that crap? You think that was my plan? Man, let me tell you you living in your house with your mama in the South, you'd eat what they tell you to eat. And man, I won't forget. I want to cry. I want to come home. We come up from church, and then we came up from church and the possum is it was the possum. Yeah, the possum was in Yeah A possible, No, man, I've had amadella Radcomb had all of it. It was one of them.
Speaker 3: He was he was in the he was in the pan. The pan is open to the pop top with an onion in his mouth.
Speaker 2: You know, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And see why I putting the gravy on him. I'm like, with his head on, I'm like, you got to be kidding me. You saw it fall like that in the mouth man riding. I can steal picture it. I can see a picture of the oven sitting there. I'm like, you have got to be cheating. I said, boy, that's some good.
Speaker 2: This some good. You're gonna eat this. I'm like, oh my god, so hey, he had no choice, man, like that game and stuff. Hey, it's what. It's one thing that you know.
Speaker 3: You just get the plate and they put something on your plate and you go, hey, eat this, and you don't find out what it is until you know, after you took a bite or two. You saw the possum cooking with the one.
Speaker 2: I saw him with, with the onion and with the potato, the potatoes around him and everything. I'm anyway, how did your mother got I don't you think? I asked how you got the postle you think my you got to the go to the possum store. You got you got there and shoot him. Some man I gonna lie sometimes roll kill. And some got out there, got them possi from the hanging from their garage. Yea, they got on the corner. Fraid when you ain't got nothing to eat, I mean, come on dog.
Speaker 3: And then they say, you know you've always been privileged.
Speaker 1: What do you mean I ain't swung some TV dinners. I was not privileged.
Speaker 3: I didn't that man, that that would have been like going to Ruth Chris.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't mean what did armadillo taste like? Man? They had to be tough and rough. Man. It's like, what what does everything taste like?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Every everything, everything tastes like you know, you know what?
Speaker 3: You know, my favorite restaurant, you know, my favorite restaurant out of all restaurants one.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what. I take a guess, take this, take a while, I guess I'll give you. I give you, I give you a hint. Seafood.
Speaker 3: I go there, I go to that restaurant over any restaurant in l A anywhere.
Speaker 2: You know what it is.
Speaker 3: Seafood cats, red, lobster, red, Lobster, Red Red Loud.
Speaker 2: Man, I love the Red Lobster. I mean because you know what, that was the first fastest restaurant he went to. And man, I know every time I go to Canton, Ohio. They know I come to the Red Lobster. At least two nights when I go to Canton, Ohio. Man, they got they got the best drinks. Thefre Man pay me, Richard, you can eat Oh yeah, me and Richard didn't. M ith who Marcus. A bunch of us went there. We go after the Red Lobster and they this, I want that this year. And I had a It was a mango. It was a mango margarita. Some kind of mango migrated. And they brought another one I by accident, a different kind of drink, watermelon.
Speaker 3: I said, Man, I just drank both of them. Just leave me here. I just drink both. But man, im shrimp and them biscuits. Lord, that's just my favorite restaurant. I could do a deal for then. Just let me eat free. I just do the deal of just eat free.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: What is it people liking Little Rock?
Speaker 2: What are they like? Eric? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You're oftentimes descriptive when you travel and look at people. What are those people like?
Speaker 2: Well, I can say I mean a lot of them. You know, they got that, they got that kind of humbilly look. But you know, I say, nice people. Look, you know, you got the plaid shirt on, the plaid shirt, the baseball hat.
Speaker 3: You talk like this here and hey them racor back ball. I tell you if I'm razorback would have done that. I mean, they had a chance, but they turned that football over. And you can't turn that ball over and loot. You don't that many.
Speaker 2: Times and try to win. I say, I got that right there, buddy. But I mean, like I say, nice people, I mean really really nice people, really you know, respectful, you know, attraction people. Eric. Yeah, there's some cute girls out there. I gotta say I was shocked. Some cute girls out there. I mean, like nobody I want to marry. But I mean, you know, if you're if you're from Arkansas, I mean, they're good for that for you. But I'm cool, brother, mean, look I'm looking, I'm good at home and I'm taking my home. I'm trying to mess my life up at home.
Speaker 3: The good for you for that once you been exposed to you know, California and New York. You know you go to artist, say good for Arkansas. You know that you've never been out of Arkansas. That's good for Arkansas. It is now.
Speaker 2: I'm telling I'm gonna tell someone I went to Indianapolis. I'm like, Lord, have mercy. When I was going to end it, I'm telling you, man, fraid that was like uh. When the guys would come to visit me, they said, man, now playing by you and the girls. I said, dog, if you want a girl, you better bring one with you. I'm telling you because they are they are like trying to find a big well. I don't know what lockless monster out here. They were. They were falling in between. That's more now because times have changed. But brother, man, I'm talking about if something like like them, like like like the the cousin looked like the like they was like some stuff going on now, like like some inn breed like damn, you're like the dudes.
Speaker 3: It was like okay, and he wasn't that bad, was what Rodney, trust me, I won't forget.
Speaker 2: I had some of my buddies come out. They said, man, how do you do it out here? I said, I'll be flying them in from l A. I can't do this, you know.
Speaker 1: I think there's an app by the way, an ice one, because there are so few people that it's a dating app, but it keeps you from from day eating or having sex with your cousin because there's so few people. It tells you if you if you this person is your cousin or not, so you can't do anything with them.
Speaker 2: How do you?
Speaker 1: How do you also with ancestry dot com?
Speaker 2: I guess something like that, really animal, No, No, Fred's.
Speaker 1: Right about this, at least from the store that he sent me. Was it Iceland?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was Iceland? Yeah? Wow. Seriously, Well that's good. I mean that, that's that's a good that's a good appter half, because I'm sure they could how bout them that was happening in the In the end, I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 3: You're searching for for a good looking woman. They probably like only a handful of them. They they might be related. Yep, I'm telling you brother. Anyway, that's why I thank god I lived in l A.
Speaker 2: And Texas. You know, Texas great beautiful in Texas home, you know, yep? So what about Detroit? Fred?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll we'll, we'll talk about them.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We still have Dodger tickets to give away, so we'll do that this hour. It's for tomorrow nights game against the Cubs. You'll have an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we do have to talk some football on the NFL focus. Is that NFL Ford Focus?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, keep it flowing, keep it flowing.
Speaker 3: Roddy Fossio got to beat Fred Rogan Hall of famer Eric Dickerson on a Ford NFL spotlight Monday.
Speaker 2: I get that right, Oh yeah, you nailed it. You nailed it. Eric.
Speaker 1: What were you asking before the break about Detroit? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Or yes? No? No? I said, what about the lazy destroy? But first of all, what's the what's the girl that you just like? Fred? I like this store? The little black girl?
Speaker 1: You mean Wonda Jackson.
Speaker 2: That's Wonder Jackson, that's the black name, Wonder Jackson. Yeah, whatever happened to the Jackones? What happened to Wanda? Fred?
Speaker 1: We have to understand that was in third grade and Wanda had the little wire rimed glasses, just cute. I don't know what happened to her. I think we tried to look her.
Speaker 2: Up one time. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but that was the time. Look, that was the same school where I went to school with Perry Biderr. And I told the story whereas I popped out of his head and rolled down the floor.
Speaker 2: Stop it, stop it, I said, this sounded like the possum story. I mean, I remember I remember you telling something like that story before out and rolled down the stairs. No, not down the stairs. All right, So.
Speaker 1: No, this is true. So Perry by her Perry Perry, So, Perry bider You know your little kid, you don't really know when you're looking at him and you're thinking, man, one of his eyes looks different than the other one, but you don't really know because you're a little kid, so you're looking. So one day somebody asked him, you know what's with your eye? And he said, oh, well this I is not a real eye, he said, I is a fake eye.
Speaker 2: He was good with it. He would talk about it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it wasn't it wasn't a problem. Yeah, he said, I have like that. That could be a that's true. I'm not gonna be a true story, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I rolled it down the street. Yeah no, not down the street. So it's like it's between classes or we're headed or whatever we were doing. I remember I was by the water fountain and the next thing, you know, you hear him yell, and I'm wondering what happened. What happened was I don't know how it happened. I'm not a doctor, I'm not an ophthalmologist. But somehow his eye had popped out and it was rolling down the hall and he was chasing it to pick it up so I could pop it back in the in.
Speaker 2: Between in between classes. Yeah, like people were walking down all the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a marble, like like a glass marble. Yeah, that happened.
Speaker 2: Glass.
Speaker 1: That was the same place where Wanda Jackson went to school. Okay, that schools still there, McDowell Elementary School. Call back then, see if you can fan one to Jackson. Hey, I like to do a search for one of your previous students.
Speaker 2: One to Jackson. What sixty years ago? One wonder Wonder probably be yeah, big wonder, big wonder.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, it's certain names. It's certain names you just kind of go with. Go with big women, Mabel, all of all the black people, gott I ain't Mabel.
Speaker 2: Oh you got you got you got.
Speaker 1: What do you mean all the black people? What do you mean all black people have a mabel?
Speaker 2: Come on you, I know what you're trying to say. But most people, right, you know what I'm talking about. And I understand what thank you.
Speaker 3: We had one too. Ain't made for big big, big breast, big lady.
Speaker 2: You know, every black big one like they didn't look real like they.
Speaker 1: Always you know, had the apron. With the apron would be right up under the breast.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Press would be just gigantic. That's then you had to hear that crazy. Everybody had a crazy uncle like hey, hey, don't let him drink now, come on, uncle lee Roy.
Speaker 2: My mine was mine. Mine was Joe joke when Lord ha Mercy. You have to keep the always we had uh Woody, but they call him Coot. The nicknames like the nickname names, the nickname, the nickname Uncle cook.
Speaker 3: Boy, I can remember to this day. Could always smelled like bud washing.
Speaker 2: They're always.
Speaker 3: Righting.
Speaker 2: It felt like bud.
Speaker 3: Hey, boy, go give me that go give me that be out the fridge.
Speaker 2: Boy could get that bitch. And they would just sit and sit on the porch all day long, all day and tell him live the other story.
Speaker 3: And my grandmother, great grandmother, great grandmother was set out there too, and she would she would, you know, like them stories. She would stiff snuff. Yeah, no, you know.
Speaker 1: Snuff Okay. I used to sell that in the drug store. And my dad, my dad on Detroit, people coming to my snuff went on tobacco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly right. But she would go fishing four days a week. And little old old raggedy boat too. She would go fishing. And the two she had it was the two sons was was uh Woody, but he named him Coot.
Speaker 2: He was cool. His uncle Cook and and uncle James.
Speaker 3: They would go fishing, like four days a week, and she would she fishes. She was ninety six and with with she cooked that fish up though, and you know it always know what kind of fishing was. But she would cook the fish up and it was good, you know, put that fried and that bread in on the fish and cook it all up.
Speaker 2: It was so good. And she had snuffing her mouth, yeah, snuffing her mouth. You know, Fred, you have spitting spitting a big old can. Dude, did you have any people with that any nicknames? Fred? You know, you know white, that's not a white thing. No offense. But I'm just saying, you know, like that's a black thing. The nicknames, what do you have?
Speaker 1: You don't have nicknames?
Speaker 2: Black people got that, man.
Speaker 3: I'm just both people in black got nickname like like now a fan of clubin had like we had chicken foot.
Speaker 2: We had chicken foot. They we had we had then we had then we had little Chicken. Well who was chicken? That was the daddy. Chicken was the daddy, and then little it was a kid. Little chicken was the sun. Then we had looty. Then we had snow. Snow was real, real dark his opposites like it was black, real black, like they caught him snow that that you know they call it. They caught it snow, but real dark.
Speaker 3: I mean like talking about you tell the white to the eyes, real real.
Speaker 2: We had a I had an uncle.
Speaker 3: His name was his name was Glenn, but they called him man.
Speaker 2: We had a man. We had a man. We had a man, a man. I thought all the time, girl thought he was uncle man uncle. Many called him man. Hey man. You know, nine times out of ten you don't even know their real names exactly. You call about the nickname so much you don't see black people that they can they can relate to what we're talking about. It they don't. We don't know their real name.
Speaker 3: Don't know their real name until you find out their real name later on in life.
Speaker 2: But growing up, that's what that was their name, that's all you.
Speaker 3: My other uncle's name called him double baby. He was the youngest, my mama's youngest brother.
Speaker 2: Eight kids. He was the youngest, and he was just bad, you know.
Speaker 3: He was because my grandparents were older and had him late, and so he just had to run of everything.
Speaker 2: Ain't and no discipline or nothing like that.
Speaker 3: But by all the all the all the all, my aunts and uncles would take take turn and take care of him, and they all called him devil baby. He was just nobody wanted him because he would stay at different people's house.
Speaker 2: Suck this thumb, you know, Suck this thumb and.
Speaker 3: Buck te becomes yep, yep, suck his tongue and play with his ear about that.
Speaker 1: No, the only thing I know and I don't know about devil baby, chicken foot or snow of those say it again, friend and devil baby, chicken foot or snow. But I told you the only thing I in my family that was weird was Uncle Louis. And I didn't even know he was my uncle wh I was like fifteen years old. He was actually Grandma's boyfriend. Wait wait wait he was your grandma's boyfriend. Yeah, uncle Louis right, well for year. Look, I never met my grandfather Frank, so he died before I was born. So anyway, as long as I can remember, there was Grandma Betty and Uncle Louie and Uncle Louis was always around. And Uncle Louis was great. He was fun, he was happy. I mean, he was there for as long as I can remember, and he was always hanging out with Grandma. But he was Uncle Louie. So one time, I'm like fifteen years old, I said, Uncle Louie, can I ask you something? Because sure, I've tried to figure this out. How are you my uncle? How are you my uncle? And he goes, well, I'm not your uncle. I said, well, then who are you? He knows I'm your grandmother's boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I mean, but like, hey, you know Grandma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know for how long. I don't know why they didn't give membry, But Uncle Louis was Grandma's boyfriend. And that's why they were always together.
Speaker 2: That's what they told you. So you wouldn't ask too many questions, ask no questions. That's the let's see, that's see that that that's something that once again, no fence fast. That's who white people can do. You can ask them kind of black people like, hey, hey boy, you don't ask them kind of questions.
Speaker 3: Get out of here. Why you don't have no questions to hey, get get get you out of here, Get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't. I'm growing for them. He's grown folks talking. You know, you don't talk. You don't ask that question.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I didn't. I'm sorry. Please Louis tell me the history of Uncle Louis, of you and Grandma Grandma for everybody else in the family, Fred, there was it was the family secret.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wanted to ask too many questions about Uncle Louis.
Speaker 1: Well, I just couldn't figure out where he came from. When it was all said and done, Who was Uncle Louis related to Grandma?
Speaker 2: Apparently he had asked that question. He had asked the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh four an NFL spotlight wall A Football today in California, Ford Dealers. If there's one thing. We like its choices fine yours with a Ford F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric. What you choose to do with that much power is up to you, tough. This smart can only be called.
Speaker 2: F one fifty mm hmm. Do I get those doctor tickets away now, Rodney? Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's six six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy tickets for the game tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: What call a number?
Speaker 3: Come on, let's keep it moving on a beautiful Monday, Rodney, Pete, Fred Rugan and the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Uh Eric tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get into the Rams game. Last night Rams Lions goes into overtime. I think the overtime rule for the regular season needs to be changed. First, I'll see in full disclosure, In full disclosure, I root for the Rams every week except last night. I'm rooting for the Lions. There I said it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Even that being said, I think they need to change your overtime rule because that was really unfair last night.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that for years. Even they had to whoever scored first or three points, I didn't I didn't think that was right. I think that you you should have a chance to get the ball back. I mean, I mean, why is it It's almost like you get punished, you know, if you don't get the ball and you score. I mean when they got the ball, I said, this game probably gonna be over with. And they did exactly what people now say that the football the league is not doing. Run the football. They ran the football down the rams throat.
Speaker 3: I think they ran the ball with like six times in a row or something that five times in a row.
Speaker 2: And you know, I don't I don't like that rule either. I mean, why why shan't Why can't the other team get a shot to go for the touchdown?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: So, I just I just think that that's the dumbest rule it really is. I think it's really unfair. Yeah, they should, they should. I mean, and why do you have two different ones?
Speaker 3: I mean, right, you play all season long one way, and then you get to the playoffs and the rule changes.
Speaker 2: It should be one rule.
Speaker 3: You get playing a certain way and you get to the playoffs should be the same way. That's just it doesn't make sense that they would change it for and and do it the right way in the playoffs, right, you know where you know, in that situation, the Rams would have got the ball and had a chance to go down and score a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Let me ask the question, right, and you notice who makes up these rules? I mean who sits in the committee? Who is the who is the clowns to sit up and don't even know how to put a football uniform on? Well?
Speaker 3: The committee of is a committee actually of coaches and and some Yeah, there's coaches. I think there's some execs in there too, like gms and stuff like player I don't know if there's got former players in there or not, but there's definitely coaches on the committee.
Speaker 2: Then rules committee and all that's there. And some old officials too. Yeah, like I said, you know they they bad eyes. Okay, but you know I'm with you, Fred. I didn't like that. I mean I just felt like, man, the Rams had the opportunity to really win that football game. You know, when when Stafford threw that interception end zone, I'm like, man, that hurt that, that hurt bad. Yeah. And then then then they then they scored a touchdown, they call it back for hold and I'm like, oh my god, the three points and I'm gonna tell you, boy, what's his name is it? Is it Hutchinson? A Hutchinson. Yeah, he was killing no nothing, no boom. I get it. I mean, I know it's a tough job, but I'm saying he was killing him the bad point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then he went out of the game and it was like it was canceled Christmas after that, like three guys on them, man, and and it was it was the Davenport Davenport Marcus Davenport. It was like that that defense was was was But I tell you what, the uh, the Rams gonna be pretty good. Like we said before the season, I think the Rams is gonna be pretty good. And then listen, Detroit, that's a good football team.
Speaker 2: And you said it.
Speaker 3: They they are physical and on offense, I mean, I you know, Jared Golf has played well for them.
Speaker 2: But they run the football. And they got two legitimate backs.
Speaker 3: They got two guys and and the Gibbs and and Montgomery. They got too legitimate guts that can roll and run the football. And they feed them both too. That's a good football team, Detroit, especially when they're playing at home.
Speaker 2: U when they're playing at home, they.
Speaker 3: Get they get home field, or they get them playoff games at home, and I did. I went to them one last year in Tampa when Tampa came up there and that place was as loud as I've heard any stadium. And if they do get it at home this year, boy, it's gonna be tough to beat them. And uh and in Detroit, but I think both those fifth, both the teams, and I guess it's gonna it's really gonna come down to see how pooking the cold. Do we know any update on him? And now what's doing anything? What was it a knee or ankle?
Speaker 2: It was a knee. It was a knee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, But losing him hurt they definitely hurt them because he is UH. With him and Cooper Cup, they are a hard team to stop. But let's just hope he's not He's not, you know, hurt for a period of time because they both of them are good football teams.
Speaker 1: You know, Eric I said, last hour, we were kicking around the Chargers and uh, the Raiders don't do that coming up in a bet. But I said, you know, it's one game. You know it's one game. I don't think you can base your feeling on the rest of the season on one game.
Speaker 2: No, you can't for it. I mean, and I agree with you with that, because you know it's seventeen games and that's one game. I mean, look, you can start off five and oh and a lot of teams that have and end up you know back when we played you know, five and in ten or five eleven. I mean I left him. I mean, it's great to get that first victory. Don't get me wrong. It's always good to start off with with a win. And it's just you know, you have a good attitude going over to the next day, you know, for for workout and watching film. Losing of course, you know, you can't wait for the next week to come around. But it's only one game. And I said that, and and like you said, the Rams to me, they made a lot of mistakes. They made some mistakes and mistakes hurt, like you know, the the defensive backs, they got them got burned. They got burned. I mean, I don't know if it's coverages, but I think the one dB he just got beat. I mean, he got he got beat. You know, yeah, that put he put that double move on him. What's his name, Williams. I mean I mean he put that move like, yeah, they tried to grab him, yeah, but he missed. Yeah. So yeah, yeah, But like you said, it's one game, and you know we got who played. We got the Cardinals, They got the Cardinals net next week. I mean, hopefully we can win that football game you know we got.
Speaker 3: When the Rams have a tough schedule, they know they don't have a easy Scheduley gott.
Speaker 2: Want to league. Yeah, we got to have They got the forty nine ers, so it's not gonna it's not gonna be easy.
Speaker 1: And well that's the penalty you suffer from winning, right, The better you are, the tough of your schedule.
Speaker 2: Ain't that funny? How how you get punished for doing good? I mean, you know, I hate to say it. When you get played good, you gotta get like a little weak of skin, like a look like a lighter schedule. Break break, Give me a goose, give us a break.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I look at it like this, Eric, I I agree with you, and you know everybody thinks I'm nuts. I think the best teams you should get the highest picks in the draft. I think you should be pedalized for losing, not the worst team gets the top pick and well, we'll try to figure it out. We'll bring it now. I think the best team should get the top picks.
Speaker 2: I agree with that too. I mean I kind of like that idea. I mean really in a sense, why do you get penalized of being good? Right? That's what they do. That's that's they do. You You you're a good team.
Speaker 3: We're gonna stick it to you, and we're gonna make you play a tough schedule.
Speaker 2: You good. I mean, think about when the Patriots were really good, but the Patriot to win in a really weak division, I mean really weak division.
Speaker 3: You know that the Bills were no good? Yeah, no good. Miami at that Miami was no good. I mean those games that was pretty much eight We think about it. You know that that that idea of the best team the teams, say, teams that make the playoffs? Right, if you make the playoffs, how many teams fourteen teams whatever make the playoffs, those fourteen they get the first fourteen picks of the draft. If you make the playoffs once, because then what happens. What happens is if you those teams and say it's.
Speaker 1: A quarterback like it was last year, quarterback every draft and you already got your quarterback. You're gonna trade that pick and give it to somebody who nobody else more picks for your team, So it still can work out. Like if you the Rams and you you know, you go win the Super Bowl. Yeah you got you got Stafford there. You're not picking a quarterback in the first round, you know, you're trading that and getting somebody else's two or three picks, or second and third round picks.
Speaker 2: That might be a good idea, Grid, I bet you. I think you've you stumble up on something left, Fred? Yeah, Fred like that.
Speaker 1: You know what if keep in a one eyed squirrel finds an acorn once in a while, you've got it, just like a possum following your home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the word from Jacob.
Speaker 1: If you're injured in an auto accident of any kinds, you might be wondering, what are some of the advantages of hiring our friend Jacob. First, you're hiring somebody who has over twenty five years of experience. But maybe the simplest answer is Jacob and his team will hold your hands throughout the entire process. Jacob will handle everything phone calls for the rental car, getting your car fixed, finding you a doctor in your area. They'll deal with the insurance company on your behalf, and Jacob can immediately get you the medical attention you deserve. And what's twenty five years of experience, You've got the reputation and clout to get you the compensation you deserve.
Speaker 2: That's right, Fred.
Speaker 3: And when you call h an attorney, you definitely want one who is respected called Jacob. He is the real deal. Eight four four twenty four Jacob. There's eight four four twenty four Jacob. Or visit called Jacob dot com and make sure you're following called Jacob on Instagram and Facebook for prizes, insight and.
Speaker 2: A lot more.
Speaker 1: Oh did I announce you one of the Dodger tickets?
Speaker 2: Adam?
Speaker 1: Did you tell me Randy and Santa Clarita? Okay, what a go Randy, Randy, Santa Clarina, You're going to the Dodger game tomorrow night. Yet another set of Dodger tickets to give away next hour