Speaker 1: Uh now, I'm excited. It's an honor. Today.
Speaker 2: What we're gonna do is we're gonna be talking about the gifts, the what the gifts of God. So there's many gifts from God, and so when we talk about gifts, probably a lot of things kind of pop up in our head.
Speaker 1: About what a gift is or what it is not.
Speaker 2: Uh So we're gonna we're gonna chat through a few things today. But in the Word, there are actually multiple types of gifts, and you may have seen it organized something like this. You have the office gifts or the fivefold minister gifts. How many have heard of those before? Raise your hand? Have you heard of those before?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So these are going to be Oh I gotta get this pen. Okay, so this this is the powerful anointed pen.
Speaker 1: This is the pastor Dwayne Penn.
Speaker 2: So, Pastor Dwayne, if you're listening, I'm totally keeping this, okay. Uh But so the office gifts, these are the fivefold gifts. These are gonna be out of Ephesians four. Everyone say Ephesians four. Okay, So if you want to do some homework on that, you can do that. I don't have time to read it today. The motivational gifts, these are like ways that people are motivated to serve. That's the traditional way that people look at it. And so motivational gifts are out of Romans twelve. Everyone say Romans twelve, perfect, okay. And then the manifestational gifts. These are the gifts that you can think about these as like the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Traditionally we talk about it like that, these are ways that God, the Holy Spirit manifests himself in the earth through these gifts. And so you have things like the prophetic right, discerning of spirits, speaking in tongues, gifts of healings, that kind of thing, And so that would be out of one Corinthians twelve.
Speaker 1: Everyone say one Corinthians twelve. Okay. So we have a few cool.
Speaker 2: Things happening today, and I want to chat through a few of these, and then we're going to go into a few billion points. One thing about gifts is is that they're super important. Why is a gift important? Helps the body grow, it blesses shows God's glory. Think about when you give a gift on Christmas. If you're giving a gift, what does it say about the person you're giving it to? They're valued, they're loved, they're respected, they're esteemed. Right, we give gifts to others because it's actually a form of honor because you're seeing them as they are, as a child of the King. So it's important for us when we think about gifts. It's the same way God loves to give gifts to people because it shows his honor and his value, his esteem for them.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're gonna chat through a few of these differences. First off, these office gifts are five full ministry giftings. Okay, we look at these. There's something interesting about these. The person is actually the gift. Let me say that again, the person is actually the gift. Who are they given to the Body of Christ, the body of believers. So we're called as the collective Church, big c Church, not just UFUS here but everywhere around the world. We're collectively called the Church or the Ecclesea. But we're the Body of Christ.
Speaker 1: And so these five.
Speaker 2: Groupings of giftings have been given to the Church for us to equip the saints for the work of ministry. We think these five full ministers are there to do the ministry, and we just sit and watch them do it. How many grew up with that as a reality. Be honest, Okay, you're doing it right now, Just kidding, just kidding. But you're looking at this and they are meant to equip you for the works of ministry. They don't actually, can I tell you something. They don't have to be the most flashy gifting like, for example, prophet. They don't have to be the most prophetic one in the room to be called a prophet.
Speaker 1: What why?
Speaker 2: Because New Testament prophet is called to equip the saints for the work of ministry.
Speaker 1: So what is their goal? They're under aligned desire?
Speaker 2: It's to build us up so we can say the things that God is saying about people, to see a world transformed as the world was created by words. The prophet is teaching us how to prophesy so that the world is transformed around us.
Speaker 1: They're equipping us. Everyone say amen.
Speaker 2: But they don't have to be the flashiest prophetic voice in the world to be considered a prophet. An office of a prophet? Does that make sense? Do they have a gifting in the prophetic? Oh for sure, Oh for sure. But there's a separation between an office gift and a manifestational gift. Okay, we could look at the other ones evangelists, apostle, pastor, teach. We look at these five and how many have heard of these five titles before?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: But what do we call everyone in the church? I mean leaders, leaders, pastors. Generally we use the term pastor. You know, on the New Testament, this word is hardly ever used. Yeah, just once, and if you include shepherd, you could include a few more times because the pastor is a shepherd. But yeah, one time, which means, why do we call everyone a pastor? Are you saying eighty five percent of the church or pastors? I'm asking you yes or no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because look at the new look at the New Testament. What is the most one of the most common terms is apostle. That's interesting. We don't call anyone apostle hardly in ever on your business card? Do you have apostle? Okay, probably not, And there's a reason for it, right. It's the key people from being self declared apostles or prophets. You can't be self declared something. God has to call you out. Okay, I'll preach it to myself if I need to. Okay, I'll turn this way. I'll just keep going, just you and me.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, but so these are very interesting, they're needed, we need them, so they deserve honor.
Speaker 2: Why because Jesus thought it was a good idea for us to have them. So probably we need to lean into it because we need to be equipped for the works of ministry.
Speaker 1: Who are the ministers us? Ever?
Speaker 2: Say, I'm a minister? Wait, but I'm not a pastor? Can I minister?
Speaker 1: Yes? Where are you called? Are you called the lows?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then it's time for you to start discipling the nations at lows? And how are you going to do it? How are you going to transform culture? How is this whole thing going to get transformed? It's when all of us start doing the stuff. What did Jesus do? Healed the sick, cast it out demons, made disciples, he taught, he preached, he loved on people.
Speaker 1: He served. That's what he did.
Speaker 2: That was his whole ministry, and he turned the world upside down in three years of ministry. Imagine if you were Jesus at your workplace, I mean, if you actually viewed yourself and I actually viewed myself as Jesus on this world. The Bible says, In this world, we are like, oh, bro, where are our Bible readers at? Okay, okay, okay, I'm getting fired up now I'm coming out here. Sorry, cameraman, team Okay. So in this world we are like who oh that was quiet. I heard a few right here, Thank you, Jen. In this world we are like Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: In this world, we are like Jesus. Wait say that again. In this world we are like, wait, what does that mean? What does that mean? You are exactly like Jesus manifested on the earth. When he comes and lives in you and you abide in him, become exactly what you behold. And the reason maybe why we're not becoming what we behold is because we're actually not beholding him. We're beholding a version of Western Christianity that we've inherited, but maybe it's not a full image in picture of Christ. And I'm preaching on myself because there are so many areas of my life where I am lay z Everyone say lazy, Zach stopping lazy.
Speaker 1: Say that I received that word. That's good, that's a rebuke, that's healthy. Out that helps. But it's important for us to.
Speaker 2: Know we need to be equipped because these are not the ministers the.
Speaker 1: New Testament reality. We don't believe it. Oh, I can't believe it. This room doesn't believe it.
Speaker 2: Right now, literally, these people are not the ministers, but we have raised them up like they are.
Speaker 1: You are the ministers. The world is.
Speaker 2: Transformed through Their job is to get you to believe it. That's what I'm trying to do right now. I'm trying to get you to believe that you're a big deal in this spirit, that when you speak, things change, your atmosphere shift around you because you believe in God.
Speaker 1: You're not a victim. You're a victor. Just difficult things happen to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of his testimony. Okay, so those are okay, ever and state that's the office gifts. Okay, that's you have to calm down, Zach, all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right.
Speaker 2: Next up, we have the motivational gifts we talked about. These are the ones like serving. So these are typically seeing as ones how you serve or you're motivated to serve other people in so you have a few different ones. Prophecies, serving, teaching, encouragement, giving, leading, mercy. You've also maybe heard like administration or gift of helps, that kind of thing. So those are all ways that people could be motivated or they look at motivation.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna talk about that today. Everyone say boo.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay, come back tomorrow, maybe I'll be here we can talk about it. Manifestational these are, like we said, these are things where Holy Spirit comes in a room and he changes everything. So, for example, a word I'm gonna start in the second one word of knowledge. A word of knowledge is a supernatural drop of knowledge. It's not like learned knowledge. It's not book knowledge. It's not something that you learned from your parents, it's not something you learn from your college professor. It's something that the Holy Spirit dropped in your spirit that you would have never known.
Speaker 1: And who's it? Typically for somebody else?
Speaker 2: Okay, So a word of knowledge could be like, for example, like today, so somebody passor Geary had a word of knowledge that somebody needed healing in a certain area.
Speaker 1: So he had a supernatural.
Speaker 2: Basically dropping his spirit of knowledge that somebody in the body needed healing in a particular area.
Speaker 1: Okay, does that make sense? Are we doing good? So far Okay, A word of wisdom is a step further.
Speaker 2: Word of wisdom would be like if you have a word of knowledge, and maybe it's I use a business example in first service, I'll use it here and be like if you had a business and it was failing and you're like, God, I don't know why what is happening?
Speaker 1: And you start praying about it, and then somebody.
Speaker 2: Gives you a word that says, hey, I just see that there was some dark, demonic stuff that happened in this business before you got here, and actually I feel like some stuff needs to be cast out, and you actually need to get rid of some of these things that are still in your warehouse.
Speaker 1: That's a word of knowledge.
Speaker 2: Something is wrong in your business, right, And and then the word of knowledge goes a step further and gives you direction of what to do taking this step further. So that's a word of knowledge, word of wisdom. You have a gift of faith. Gift of faith is someone who believes something that is unrational for a normal Christian to believe, even those who are faith filled. Pastor Dennis, Okay, everyone look at Dennis, say that is you, bro I've worked with him enough in youth group and enough on mission trips to see you're crazy, man, you're crazy.
Speaker 1: But you know what the gift of faith does.
Speaker 2: It excites other people to faith, that's their gift, okay, and in locks and makes way for other things that start happening.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Gifts of healings in the Greek it's a double plural, everyone say double plural gifts of healings, which means you have multiple types of gifts and multiple ways that people are healed. So you may look at somebody who operates in gifts of healing and they pray for somebody, maybe like a Benny Hinn or something, and he's like waving staff and Holy Spirit's fall and you're like, bro, that doesn't happen when I pray. Well, maybe because your gift of healing actually operates in a different way. And we've talked about how in the Body of Christ, each of it's been set. Actually, let's go to that verse. Let's go to one Corinthians twelfth. We'll read through this now to each one, the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common what good? Remember this is the manifestational gifts to one there is given through the spirit a message or that word is logos in the Greek, which literally means word, a word of wisdom to another, a message of knowledge by means of the same What spirit? Oh, so we need the Holy Spirit to another faith by the same spirit to another. Gifts it should be gifts of healings. That's a translation to simplify it. Everyone would read that and be like, why is it double plural? We don't use that in English. Gifts of healings by that one spirit to another. Miraculous powers that is actually double plural. Workings of miracles, interesting, multiple ways people, multiple gifts within that multiple workings and multiple powers that are.
Speaker 1: Released to another. Is prophecy to another.
Speaker 2: Distinguishing between spirits or discerning discernings of spirits. That's say, double plural, multiple way to discern what's happening.
Speaker 1: And there's multiple types of spirits. Does that make sense? Okay?
Speaker 2: And another speaking in different kinds of tongues and to still another the interpretation of tongues. Okay, So we have those, but they're given for the common good, which means they're not just for you. You are not your own, your body at a price. So each member belongs to all the others. So I wonder why the world hasn't been transformed yet. You ever have a thought. I'm gonna tell you some crazy Can you forgive me in advance? Okay, pre forgiveness? Everyone say I pre forgiven. Some of you aren't doing it, and I can tell on your face.
Speaker 1: Forgive them. God, they'd know not what they do. What if.
Speaker 2: Every generation who's thought Jesus is coming back in their generation?
Speaker 1: How many thought that?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm saying it could happen, but every generation thought that more or less?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Do they hear wrong? Did they think wrong? Maybe it's because Jesus coming back has something to do with us. Oh you don't believe it. I'll say it again. Maybe Jesus coming back actually has something to do with us. We look at the doom and gloom and times.
Speaker 1: But if you read the.
Speaker 2: End of the story, where does Heaven go? Heaven comes here, Heaven comes to earth. Jesus tells us to pray your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. It would be really stupid for Jesus to teach that if he was just gonna blow this whole thing up anyway, really dumb, Some mean si don't believe it.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Because if we have the belief system that everything's just gonna end now or end whenever God decides, right, because he decides when. But if we take no ownership over our part, then Jesus literally died for nothing.
Speaker 1: You understand, it would have been more powerful for.
Speaker 2: Jesus just to stay on the earth than for us to.
Speaker 1: Be an unbelief and do nothing.
Speaker 2: But we've been so deceived by end Time's theology that disempowers our productivity on the earth. But let's just think about it in simplicity. Why why would Jesus leave and then replicate himself in every believer and then tell us to make the earth like heaven. It's because he's restoring Eden through us. Oh man, some of us are still not getting it. He is restorting Eden through us through our partnership.
Speaker 1: We are the sons and daughters. We are the redeemed. Jesus is called the last Adam.
Speaker 2: Why because we don't need another one? What was Adam the king of the garden the world? He inherited the world, and so do we through Jesus. So there's a reason why we're giving this stuff. It's not just to save everyone that we can, which is true, but I'll tell you me, growing up, everything was about just saving people and almost zero about discipling nations.
Speaker 1: That was my inheritance.
Speaker 2: And I sat there, like, I don't really care about saving people? Can I be honest in my natural bent? I'm not bent like an evangelist. You talk to an evangelist, it's like all they think about, dude. Everyone said, yeah, that's kind of annoying. Okay, Okay, I literally talked to an evangelist and I'm like, you kind of get tired. You're like, bro, you're so visionary and you're like moving around so much. You just can you just slow down for like a second, Like, let's just who are discipling? He's like, just save everybody? Right, I'm talking about so and maybe right now, and they probably know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: But that's okay.
Speaker 2: But but that's what we think. We're all made different, and we're all made in the image of Christ, and we all matter, and we're all put in the body for a reason because we're restoring the earth.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we need to move on. Are you guys ready? Praise God? Some of you?
Speaker 2: You can't say praise God like that. Some of you said it like praise God. We're almost done with this service. I get this guy, Pastor Dwayne, come back, Please don't go on vacation again, your youth pastors preaching?
Speaker 1: Where did I put my pen? There? Is? Okay? So there's actually a.
Speaker 2: Better way to look at the gifts. I feel like, maybe not better. Another advantageous way to look at the gifts is actually the word for gift. Because remember the new testimony we have was written in Greek, not English, so it's translated to English, and so we even talked about we read one Corinthians twelve. There are some words in there that weren't fully accurate, but they were translated because of simplicity of messaging. Right, if you're gonna give a full translation to mean something, sometimes you have to write something three four, five times longer than what was actually given. And then it starts to water down the clarity of the message, right, because you're getting the specificity and you're losing the watering down. So we got to look sometimes into the Greek to find out what's the true?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else.
Speaker 2: In the Greek that maybe we can glean from what was happening back then, and there actually are some things. So there are actually words for gift in the New Testament in the Grief Greek that I want to go through. First one is there's five I'm going to go through.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And actually before I do that, I want to give an example. So in English we're very generalized. So who's going to be a victim? Raise your hand? Who's a victim? Sofia?
Speaker 1: You just okay, Sophia just got lane.
Speaker 2: So that's great. She's not a victim, she's a victor. She's she picked on Lane Lane. Would you prefer that your sister do it?
Speaker 1: Okay? So seven say yy?
Speaker 2: Sophia self volunteered. Okay, So, Sofia, what like tell me something like you love food?
Speaker 1: You love food? Okay, so like what's your favorite food? Pasta? Pasta?
Speaker 2: Okay, perfect? Okay, I have another question. Do you do you love your brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah? God, we just pray for Sophia right now.
Speaker 2: There's a little bigger it's a little begrudging, but it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: It happens. They're siblings. How many of a sibling they love? Okay?
Speaker 2: That's good, Okay, all right, So you love lane, but you also love pizza.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to eat lane? Pasa? You're right? Not pastor not?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What did I say? Pizza? Where are we at? What's going on? Pastor?
Speaker 2: Dwayne?
Speaker 1: Come back? Okay?
Speaker 2: So you love Pasa and you love your brother, but you don't want to eat your brother? How did we understand what kind of love? She was talking about? Context, because in the English we just use the same word for everything, and it may be very confusing if you're from anyone confused sometimes with the English language, if it's your second language, and you're like, what in the world he's the same word for that?
Speaker 1: Well, guess what? The same thing happens for gift.
Speaker 2: We use gift for present, right, we say like, give it a present, But we also say like that person's gifted encoding, like they're good at computer science.
Speaker 1: So we use both. But it depends on the context.
Speaker 2: Well, in the Greek there's, like I said, there's five different words for gift, so it's important for us to know which one do we have and what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: We do?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so the first one is called anathema. Everyone say anathema. Okay, This is used one time and it's in Luke twenty one and it's used to describe it consecrated gifts in the temple. Are we talking about that here? No, we're not talking about that. Okay, So that's forget it? Everyone say, I forgot it? Did you forget it already? Praise God? You're tuned into holy spirit? He already pre deleted that one, all right? Ready, next one is corbin another specific use for word for another specific word for gift. It's used in a temple treasury context. So did you forget that one already? What was that word? Okay?
Speaker 1: You didn't?
Speaker 2: I tested you forget it now though. Okay, here's the next one. Numtikos. Everyone say numatikos. If you know anything about the Greek, what does numa stand for? Spirit win breath? And so it actually in the Greek it's translated spiritual gift. But that's not what it means. It means spirituals, like spiritual things. But why do they translate it spiritual gift in the New Testament?
Speaker 1: Why? Because of clarity?
Speaker 2: They want something easily understood based within context. But we're not talking about new matikos in these We're actually gonna be talking about these other two. One is and I'm just gonna write them right here, so you're just gonna have to suffer. Everyone say praise God. First one is ditto me. Everyone say diddom. It's a pokemon.
Speaker 1: Uh. So this is diddo me. I'm sorry if I offended some people? Uh did a me?
Speaker 2: And then this next one is a charisma and even more narrow down, keis, does anyone know what charras means?
Speaker 1: Grace?
Speaker 2: So we have diddom, which all these other words in the Greek boil down to this base word. It's actually a verb, it's not actually the noun. So you're like, that doesn't mean gift. It means to gift. Okay, just slow down, Okay, all the words come from this. So diddo me means gift or present. Okay, So I'm gonna put this as a present in a more traditional context. Okay, like if I was going to give a gift to you, like in the traditional context, like a present.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what it means. So everyone heard.
Speaker 2: Of the gift of righteousness that we got through Jesus. That's a Dinimi gift, gift of the Holy Spirit. Didimi gift? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so charisma is different. It's a grace gift. Grace gift. Now, grace gifts are important because a grace gift you can't earn, you don't deserve it. Does that make sense? Because it's grace, God's grace towards you. And we're gonna find something. There's something amazing and something very frustrating about these type of gifts. But first I want to take a poll. How many think the office gifts are the didome or the charisma?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So if you think the office gifts profit a vangels, apostile, pastor teacher, If you think those are ditome, can I have you raised your hand?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: If you think they're the charisma gifts, raise your hand. If you didn't raise your hand, raise your hand. Okay, So it's actually drummer please, okay, let's try it again. Proved all right, drumroll please? That was still not good. Okay, that's fine. This is the Didoman gifts, which is a present.
Speaker 1: It's a present to.
Speaker 2: The body of Christ, literally, like a gift He's giving directly to us. What about the motivational How many things charisma?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: How many things didomia or didoman nobody. Some of you aren't even sure. Now you're like, well, the first one was dinner me, so for sure, that's not it. How many didn't raise your hand? How many still didn't raise their hand the first time? Okay, thank you all right? So the motivational gifts are actually charisma. They're charisma gifts, which means grace gifts. Very interesting. So these these gifts, you could do nothing to earn them. They were given freely. They say everything about God's character and nothing about yours. I'll say that again. They have everything to do with God's character, nothing to do with yours. But we like to think we earn them because we're cool. We get into Christianity and we're saved by grace through faith, and then as soon as we're saved, we start works to try to prove ourself worthy. And that's why we still suffer internally because we don't understand there's literally nothing you could do to earn it.
Speaker 1: We literally deserve death.
Speaker 2: We got mercy and then he pours out all these free gifts on us. But we think now we got to earn it now, No, it's opposite. We actually work from grace. We don't work for grace.
Speaker 1: Were doing?
Speaker 2: Okay, give me a thumbs up. If you're doing okay, tell your partner whispering there and please help me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This guy's crazy.
Speaker 2: This guy's crazy. You just tell your neighbor. I saw you guys whispering.
Speaker 1: Don't be doing that. And last up is manifestational. Can we have fun?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry in advance. Okay, I'm just am manifestational one Corinthians twelve. What do you think did ami or charisma? Didimi or chrisma Chrisma? You guys think, yeah, you're right. Okay, okay, you guys are too smart. Well, what does this mean? These are given by the grace of God. The power of His spirit flows through us. Here's the problem. It's by grace. So we can look at all these big time leaders in the church and we start to get disillusioned, Like God, why are all these leaders failing? They had massive gifts, massive they could move a room with their gift.
Speaker 1: The world would literally open up before them because of their gift. And we get frustrated and we're like God, what why did you give them that gift? You knew they were gonna mess it up.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, same reason he gives you the gifts because he knew you're gonna mess it up. How many after the way he saved ever messed it up? Wow, some of you are like super perfect? Okay, on anyone wanted to take it like, you should take it up because I'm not. I've messed up probably a thousand times after being a Christian.
Speaker 1: There's no grace in the room for me.
Speaker 2: There. I'm just saying, you gotta have more grace. But we look at this and I'm like, why have these people failed? It's because it has nothing to do with their character. God gave them a sword, and the fruit of the spirit may not be built up yet, but he gave him a sword.
Speaker 1: Why Because He's so.
Speaker 2: Waiting for the sons and daughters of God to be revealed. Who's gonna walk in power of God? He will literally use anyone. And we're too bored sitting at home watching another show, not realizing the high calling that we have nothing wrong with watching a show, But we're so distracted in the West away from our true purpose in calling that we don't understand that God is waiting.
Speaker 1: For these to be revealed through us.
Speaker 2: You understand the Corinthian church that Paul's writing to here was messed up. People were in incests, people were in lawsuits in the church against each other. This isn't like a megachurch, guys, and they were messed up. But what was so profound about them that they actually believed God wanted to use them? So are we willing to look at each other and look at ourselves in the mirror and be okay with God?
Speaker 1: I can't earn this, I don't deserve it. You've given me a giant sword.
Speaker 2: Teach me how to teach me how to wield this well? And obviously we don't want people to fall. We can be disappointed about that. But let's look at a Romans eleven twenty nine. For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. God's gifts that word forgift there is charisma. God's grace, gift and his call are irrevocable. What does that mean? It's irrevocable. It's for keeps. You can't be taken back. God's gifts and his call are irrevocable, meaning He's not gonna take it back from you because he so believes in you.
Speaker 1: Why I've messed it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I mean who hasn't in this room? Next one eleven twenty nine. This is King James. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. God is not sad about giving the gifts.
Speaker 1: Did disappointed when people misuse gifts, but.
Speaker 2: He's not sad about giving it because he still believes in people. Paul was a murderer and then in the next moment he wasn't. Could that happen in the West now, I mean, I don't know. He became pastor of churches. I think we'd have to put him through a thirty year process and then maybe he can serve on the parking lot team. I'm not saying people have to walk through a process. I'm just saying we have to understand the hyster historical reality of how mess up these people are and how mess up we are, and the grace of God that's immense for everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, but here's the thing.
Speaker 2: This will get you into a room, This will wild the crowds, This is flashy and showy, but the thing that's gonna sustain you in the room is gonna be your integrity, your character, your fruit of the spirit. So the reason these leaders are falling is because they developed and cultivated the gift because it's easy, it doesn't depend on them. But the fruits do depend on them, meaning you have to spend time with the fruit bearer to become what you behold, and that takes time and a process, and.
Speaker 1: It's easy to skip one and do the other.
Speaker 2: So I want us to be a people who not only stewart and value the character in a church environment where we go to conferences where that we just know the pastor and the leader whoever's speaking is pure and righteous, and not just because they're flashy and showy. Because we're just as responsible for raising up these leaders.
Speaker 1: Oh that hurt.
Speaker 2: We're just as responsible for raising up these leaders because all we want is a show. Give us the glory. But I don't want to change. I don't want to be different. Ouch. Well that just took a turn. I'm sorry. This is supposed to be lighthearted. Oh everyone say God, thank you. But God just wants someone to believe that he can use them, and he'll use literally anyone. Say he'll use me, Say he'll use me. Do you believe it's irrevocable? Some of us don't. We're gonna end here.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Let's go to We're not gonna read. I'm just gonna summarize it. For Samuel twenty eight. If you remember this story, Saul is no longer the Lord had departed from Saul. He's already raised up David as the next leader anointed one. Right, but Saul's still king. Okay, Saul is still king. And so at the end of Saul's life, King Saul is no longer being answered by the Lord by prophets, by dreams, or by the urim, which is the high priest way of determining a yes or no, basically from God.
Speaker 1: So he literally.
Speaker 2: God was not speaking to him at all in a way that.
Speaker 1: He could receive. So what did King Saul do? Didn't you remember that story?
Speaker 2: He visits a witch, the Witch of Endor. So he visits a witch, which is funny because he was the one responsible for getting rid of all the spiritists and mediums and which is from the realm. So he sent them away, and then he has to He's like, whoa, He's thinking in his head, well, I don't hear from God at all, so I'm gonna manipulum late my way to.
Speaker 1: Get a word.
Speaker 2: I'm going to access the gifts to another way.
Speaker 1: That's why will never get you there. So Saul.
Speaker 2: Goes to this witch and I don't know what kind of crazy evil was going on, but she was able to call someone up from the dead the Place of the Dead, which, by the way, I don't think is possible anymore because someone now holds the keys.
Speaker 1: His name's Jesus. She brings up someone from the dead, and who does he ask to be brought up? Samuel?
Speaker 2: Saul, what are you thinking, dude, The last time you talked to Samuel, he gave you a word that your kingdom was going to be given to someone else, probably not the first prophet. I'd go see anyone else, Okay. Kind of crazy. So she brings up sid crazy story. She brings up Samuel the Place of the dead. Why because at that time they still had access the dermonic realms selled access to that area through witchcraft. So brings him up and he's basically like, you know one of these like.
Speaker 1: Why are you disturbing me?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You know I've been dead. He's been dead. Are we doing Okay?
Speaker 2: Let's stand I need to I need you to help me here. He's been dead, and he comes up and the lady who's performing this whole thing finds out it's Samuel, Samuel, the prophet Samuel. She starts freaking out because he's like, oh, dang, your soul, I'm dead.
Speaker 1: She thinks I'm dead. This is a trap. And Sol's like, no, no, no, it's fine, it's fine. Fine.
Speaker 2: So he talks to Samuel and Samuel just get just blasts him like, bro, tomorrow you're gonna die and your sons a terrible word. He didn't really think that through. But what's the crazy part about that story?
Speaker 1: Do you see it?
Speaker 2: Samuel still had the gift of prophecy he was dead, that gift was irrevocable. Let me tell you another story. Let me look at the heading. I think the second Kings. Yeah, Second King's thirteen. This next one we're going to talk about is about Elisha, the double portioned son of Elijah, not naturally but spiritually. So the crazy thing about Elijah was what happened in his life. Signs wondrous of miracles, gifts of healing, workings of miracles.
Speaker 1: This dude was just killing it.
Speaker 2: But he died from a sickness. That's wild. I mean there's a lot to it. But here's a perspective. Maybe you could look at the gifts of the spirit are mainly for others, also for you, but mainly for others. So maybe the reason we don't see these things a whole lot is because we think they're for us. We come to church because we think it's about us.
Speaker 1: I'll say that again.
Speaker 2: We come to church because we think it's about us. I just need another word, I just need someone to love me. And look, it's about that. I'm not saying it's not. But our focus cannot only be on us because we are the body of Christ, which means we need each other so bad.
Speaker 1: And this church has people who need to be healed.
Speaker 2: And maybe it's your gift that's gonna unlock it for that person.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's you.
Speaker 2: Maybe that prophetic word that you give that one person on that random day changes their entire life. And you're like, but I'm not a capital pee prophet. It doesn't matter. You're part of the body. We need you, you're needed. You're on the first team. You're called up to the eight squad. No more sitting on the bench, no more letting these people lead ministry. What if a people group a church decided no, I'm the ministry of God, and we stopped relying on the anointing of someone on the stage, and we started to carry what we've already been given.
Speaker 1: So in this story, Elisha died and was buried.
Speaker 2: Now, Moabite raiders used to enter the country every spring. Dif first, verse twenty one.
Speaker 1: Here's he going? If you forgive anyone's.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, next next one for a second, King's thirteen, verse twenty one.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, there we go. Once while some iss your lights.
Speaker 2: Were burying a man. Who is burying them? We're burying a man. Suddenly they saw a band of raiders, so they threw the man's body into a lycious tomb. What elycis dead? Like, he's dead dead, He's in a tomb. And these guys are freaking out. They're like all the raiders are coming, and I just can imagine them being like, ugh, but we gotta bury him, you know, we still gott to bury him, Like we can just leave him here. And so they're like, they still did their job. So praise God, they did their job. Everyone give it up for those two.
Speaker 1: We'll see you in.
Speaker 2: Heaven, hopefully.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome, well done. If we see you.
Speaker 2: They're walking around like everyone in Heaven's walk around with these accomplishments, you know, things he did. And this dude's like, yeah, I threw that guy into Elisias too.
Speaker 1: And so when the body touched elycious bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.
Speaker 2: Literally they tossed him and he hit the bone. Could you imagine waking up and you're next door dead dude, You're like, what just happened? And then worse, a band of raiders comes to your tomb, you walk out, They're like last spring they ever came.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that. But here's the point.
Speaker 2: The gift followed him to death. Even death cannot stop your gift. Your mess ups, your mistakes cannot erase your gift. You may have to walk through a little bit of a process to maybe get to restore, to pass or something like that. But I'll tell you what God so believes in you. He gave it to you for keeps. He gave it to you for keeps because he believes that much in you. So here's the part, here's the caveat the big catch. Who is the giver? And operator of these gifts. Holy Spirit. We need Holy Spirit. If you've never been baptized in the Holy Spirit, this is not baptized in water. By the way, baptized in water is repentance. You were dead in your sins. We killed you in the tub. You were dead. Some of you stayed down a long time because you really needed to die, and then we brought you back up and you had new life in Christ's that's beginner. That's one oh one. Okay. Another thing you need is the baptist in the Holy Spirit. You need to be baptizo. You need to be immersed in the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: Because I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You what, a world's not transformed just because we're awesome.
Speaker 1: Or we're naturally charismatic.
Speaker 2: We need the charisma of the Holy Ghosts to come and transform our world.
Speaker 1: And so here's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonnavite Destiny team up and we're gonna go after it. If you have never been baptized in the Holy Spirit, I want to invite you forward. Because the baptism being immersed in the Holy Spirit, like you are immersed in the waters of baptism, something happens. If it was important enough for Jesus not to begin his earthly ministry until he was baptized in the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit descended on him like a dove. If it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me.
Speaker 1: So we need it. I believe this is in my.
Speaker 2: Humble opinion, this is the reason why the church has been so powerless because we either think we've been baptized already because we have a misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: Of the two baptisms, or we just don't.
Speaker 2: We just don't believe in the miracles today, so we don't welcome Holy Spirit to come and move. And so I want to give Holy Spirit the chance to move. So we're gonna pray for the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Okay, Joe, Joe Burnham, where are you? Joe? Can I have you? I'm gonna come to you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have him share really quick, thirty seconds or less about what it felt like, what it was like getting baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, pute me on the spot.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So it was like it was amazing. So I was like it was like I was lost in time. I felt nothing but heat and just power just working through me. And when I came out of it, it was it was I don't know, it's hard to explain. It was like a different me and just like I don't know, I don't know how it worked.
Speaker 1: It was it was like God, Yeah, it was God. God came. He was immersing.
Speaker 2: God, give it up, for give it up for Joe. God immersed him, He immersed him. Do you want to be immersed I want to be immersed in you, God, Jesus. We want to be immersed in you. So come up and get prayer. I'm just gonna pray us out.
Speaker 1: God, I thank you.
Speaker 2: Would you transform us into an active body ones who work from grace, not for grace, And so Jesus, I just say in this room, we just command that the Holy Spirit, that you would work and you would flood and you would flow through every believer, that the joy of the Lord would be our strength, that the fire of God would come consume us. And so we release that over everyone in the room today, that we're empowered by your spirit, we're baptized by your fire, and we thank you for it right now in Jesus' name.
Speaker 1: Amen,