Speaker 1: It's Night's Eyes with Dan Ray unknowing Mazy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Alexa, why should I vote for Donald Trump? I cannot provide content that promotes a specific political party or a specific candidate.
Speaker 3: Alexa, Why should I vote for Kamala Harris?
Speaker 2: While there are many reasons to vote for Kamala Harris, the most significant maybe that she is a strong candidate with a proven track record of accomplishment. As the first female vice president, Harris has already broken down a major gender barrier, and her career in politics has been characterized by a commitment to progressive ideals and a focus on helping disenfranchised communities.
Speaker 3: I did is Bezos a Democrat? I didn't even know. Welcome back to Nightside. I'm Gary Tangwin for Dan Ray six one, seven, two, four, ten thirty. Yeah. And I have to give Marita LaRosa, a producer who points that out to me tonight. Excuse me that when you talk to Alexa and you ask about Trump, No, nothing, not going to talk about him, but Vice President Kamala Harris. Oh yeah, blah blah bla bla b b ba bah. Even AI is on the side. AI is against Donald Trump. I think This is hilarious, absolutely hilarious. Now, obviously Amazon, which runs alection, they've got to fix that. That seems to be a little partisan to me. But Bezos has so much money he doesn't have to worry. It's not like Bezos is going to get that tax break, right. She's talking about a fifty thousand dollars tax break for startup companies, but they can yeah, they deduct fifty to fifty grand for startup companies. She also says families, middle class families can get a four thousand dollars tax break per kid. So that's what Kamala Harris is doing. But it seems like big business like Amazon is behind her. I thought that was hilarious. But it's obvious that the vice president is targeting the middle class, and as she could. You know, listen, Trump's going to be pro big business, or at least that's the perception. I just think he's pro Trump and she's going to target the middle class, which seems like a good strategy. But I'm curious what you think at six point seven, two, five, four, ten thirty is it really the economy? Is it really is that what you're going to vote on? Are you going to vote for Donald Trump because you think he's better for the economy. Are you going to vote for Kamala Harris because of the tax breaks? Are you not going to vote for Kamala Harris because the Biden administration did not have the run of economic prosperity that the Trump administration did. Because I don't think that's it. In the past, people would say it's the economy stupid, right with George Bush the senior if you will, it's the economy stupid. Yes, at that point in time, I thought that is true. I think people point to the economy now and I don't think that's what's gonna decide this race. I think it comes down to who people like. Whether you like Donald Trump or whether you like Kamala Harris or who you don't like. I don't like Trump. I'm paraphrasing here. You know, you may say I don't like Trump and I don't like Harris. Less it's the less of two evils. Are you going to vote on the economy at six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty? Are you really and be honest? Now, maybe you may say, yeah, well, Gary, listen, I got a couple of kids. She's gonna give me a four thousand dollars tax break on each kid super or I want to start a small business and I can use a fifty thousand. Okay, fine, But for the rest of us, are we going to put a guy in office that in January sixth? You know, these people wanted to overflow the government, and people died over throw the government, I should say. And who didn't handle COVID great? And I don't know who would have handled COVID well, but I think they would have been on the same page with Fauci instead of just going crazy and going off on his own rants and tantrums on Twitter. Look, I don't know if Harris is going to be a good president. I don't know. It's the great unknown. I understand her. She doesn't really have a record. You know, Trump has a record. The economy was good when Trump was president. Interest rates if they come down and probably going to come down before the election, well, and if Harris is re elected, that means she may have a good economy. Is it really about the money with this election? Is it really? Because I don't think it is. It's good at day in New Hampshire. Dan, you're up on WBC's Night set H Gary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I agree with you. I've been thinking the same thing. I don't think it is the economy stupid this time around. What the thing is? You know, people go around saying, how well politicians, you know, they all lie and everything else. But the difference with Trump, Gary is he doesn't even know what the hell it is he's lying about.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: He just sits there and makes up stuff. The greatest economy in the history of the world won the election by the biggest landslide in the history of the country.
Speaker 3: I don't how about this, how about never conceded the election? The election was stolen from him? Yeah, and just on and on and on and on. And here's a guy in al Gore, and many feel that the election was taken from him, and it was, and he conceded, and he said, okay, you know, President Bush, it's yours. He was a gentleman. He didn't start a revolt. He didn't ask people to attack the capital.
Speaker 4: You know, well, because al Gore was a patriot, it should have been president would have been a great one. But the Supreme Court did rule in favor of Bush, right, and he had to say he accepted all of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he accepted it.
Speaker 4: He said okay, and he told all of us we had accepted as well. That's so you talk about me when the Florida I remember that Friday when the Florida Supreme Court ruled for Gore and they started counting votes again. Within hours, the US Supreme Court is in there saying no, stop counting the votes.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 4: That was as third good Marshal of only Sylvan sitting there. So the Clarence Thomas Albow would have been presidents. Well you have a much different world today.
Speaker 3: Well but you know that's that's the way the cookie crumbles. You know, you can look on both sides.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and.
Speaker 3: In George W. Bush after nine to eleven was pretty good. So and I'm a registered Democrat, but Dan, thank you for the phone call. I appreciate it. Is it the economy when you go into the voting booth. Are you going to vote for Donald Trump because you think he's going to help your pocketbook? Are you going to vote for Kamala Harris because you think she's going to help your pocketbook? And maybe with what she is promising, that may be the case. The four thousand dollars credit for each kid, the fifty thousand tax credit. If you're starting up a new business, small business, getting the economy going.
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 3: And it is also and I'm asking this question, is that what we need right now? I think what we need in this country is a lower cost of living. So I don't know if giving a fifty thousand dollars credit for small businesses addresses that it's just too damn expensive to live in America. Period. It's crazy. I don't know how some people do it, especially in New England when it comes to try to now, I'm not Now she has talked about price fixing. I am not for price fixing, am not. I am not a communist. You're not going to do that. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Maybe they bring interest rates down, maybe that'll fix things again. But again it comes to interest rates. We know it's all about the feed. It's not about who's president. Is it the economy stupid in this presidential election? Your calls coming up next on wbz's night Side Now.
Speaker 1: Back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News.
Speaker 3: Radio sixty seven two thirty of a phone number Gary Tangway for Dan Ray tonight taking some calls I just saw regarding the economy. Is it the economy? Is it this time around? That's a breaking news came out of the school shooting in Georgia. Horrific that coch Gray, the fourteen year old who's been arrested for this. They talked to him about threats prior to this. Look, if you make a threat to a school, you're out. You're out. We cannot we cannot take any more chances with this. I mean, we saw this with the last school shooting, where the parents knew that the kid had access to the gun and they I mean, it's insane. You can't take any chances. If there is a threat or be behavior from a student, they're out. I'm sorry, you just can't. We can't have this. And there's a report saying there was a warning about him prior to it happening. I don't know if he was already in school. Police were there quickly, they were able to stop the violence. But if a student makes a threat in the school, they're out, period. That's it. What's it going to take? People? Is it the economy? Stupid? Are you going to vote with your pocketbook coming up in November six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Let's go to John and Boston. John, you're on WBZ.
Speaker 7: Oh, I didn't thank Garry Jarry. Actually it was a I think you said George Bors said it was the economy stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did I mess up? Who was it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: I think you know it was James Cobble in nineteen ninety two that said it's the economy student.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was against I thank you for correcting me. It was Carville was not thank you for correcting me. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's uh. And al Gore actually he wanted to continue the count and continue contesting the result. It was the Supreme Court on December twelfth, was also happens to be the feast day Alida Gueralupe that decided said it's it's the counting has got to be over, and that George Bush was president. So al Gore actually wasn't being a gentleman. He actually wanted to continue the counting.
Speaker 3: I understand court, I mean, John, I understand that, but he didn't pull the stuff that that that Trump is pulling. I mean, eventually, I.
Speaker 7: Just wanted to make sure that I want to make sure the facts are clear, though. That is Al Gore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that, I know, I understand that. Of course, he the guy wanted to win. But you've got a president in Trump who still doesn't think he lost the election. I mean, Gore eventually had to concede. Trump never did.
Speaker 7: Neither did Hillary Clinton. For years she said she was stolen.
Speaker 3: But you know that, no, she could see it. She could she could see it. This guy, this guy Trump never conceded.
Speaker 7: Women Jillie Clinton said for years that the election was stolen. That's that's that's still giving the perception that it was stolen.
Speaker 3: Did she concede or did she not concede that she had not won the election? Did she bow up?
Speaker 7: She continually said for years, And he could play back the video, anyone can look it up. The election was stolen. Also, by the way, Donald Trump never let an insurrection. He told people to peacefully and.
Speaker 9: John, come on, yeah he did. After he did, he did after the fact. Come on, he knocked him after John, after the fact.
Speaker 3: They were attacking the capitol, and I know the facts.
Speaker 9: You just obviously Trump after the fact, when they attacked the capitol that that's when he said they should stand down.
Speaker 3: He incited a riot. People died. Don't give me that.
Speaker 7: Don't fact because you know it was James Cable that said it was the economy student and you believe it. On George Bush, you know your facts because you're in the business and you're misleading. Didn't raise listeners.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I'm not at all, and you're right. I did misspeak. Look, I'm not I don't know politics like Dan Ray. I'm not going to pretend to. All Right, so I misspoke about it's the economy stupid. I got I made a mistake. But I'll tell you this. Donald Trump could have done a lot more to stem the tide on that insurrection. Okay, he fanned the flames period. He wanted to go. He wanted to go and cheer him on, and Secret Service said, hey, we got to get you out of here, mister president, Are you kidding me? He wanted to go lead the charge. All right, let's uh go to Alison and Maine. Allison, you're up in w Is it the economy? Thank you? Is it the economy stupid?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 3: James Carr.
Speaker 10: Well, I just wanted to say, I can't believe it. I mean, mister Trump, do you not care about the economy, the inflation that we've had, the twenty thirty percent inflation just killing everybody, largely because the Democrats did ridiculous things like the so called Inflation Reduction Act, the most ridiculously named bill of all time. It costs two trillion dollars, mostly on you know, green energy boondoggles and things like that. And the fact that you know, and how about two hundred billion dollars to the Ukraine to just forestall the inevitable that that they'll have to come to some agreement with Russia taking parts of it and all that, And then who cares anyway, I mean, the Ukraine was part of a Soviet universe seventy years and before that it was part of Russia and other countries, So who cares. You know, it's just nonsense about you know, Pute's going to move on and take over Europe. That's just nonsense. And what about all the crime that's coming up? What about the open border? Do you like the open boarder? You like the millions and millions and millions of illegals just flooding into the country.
Speaker 3: Oh but Donald Trump didn't help. Listen, I'm not going to debate you on the Ukraine thing. That's fine, that's a fair opinion. I got it. I understand that. Okay, I have no argument with that. But Donald Trump stopped a bipartisan agreement.
Speaker 10: Oh please, that was a whimpy scene. It said that when the levels got to a certain level, then they cut back a little.
Speaker 3: Allison, was it better than what you have now?
Speaker 10: A little? But the Democrats created the whole flood by reversing all of Trump's policies. We didn't have the flood until until Biden got in.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 10: They're trying to put a little finger in the dyke to try to stop it.
Speaker 3: But also when you had listen, listen, the border's never been right. I don't care who it is, Republicans and Democrats, they've all done a lousy job with it. And Trump was separating families, which I do have a problem.
Speaker 10: That's another canard. And they all did that, you know, you know what they're commeding crimes. Of course, you separate the kids for a while from the adults until it's all sorted out.
Speaker 3: And you may, no, you don't do that. Look, here's the bottom line is that there was a bipartisan agreement. Now, if you're one, did you speak, But it's better than what you had now and your guy.
Speaker 10: Trump again, it was a lot better.
Speaker 3: But your guy Trump came in and he's your guy.
Speaker 10: He was the president of the United States. He's saying that guy, your guy, this isn't sports. He was the president of the United States, you know. And and and what about Kamala you know, uh enforcing all the black mats for years.
Speaker 3: President. If you're gonna you're gonna play that game with me, you have to call him out, all right?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 10: But why what? What about her supporting all the Black Lives Matter rioters all across the country four years ago, setting up bail funds for them, and going on about how yes it should continue, and how you know and everything. How about that that was it was out?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, black lives do matter, and she has reversed.
Speaker 10: So the lives of the people, the police who are attacked the shops were her own.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 10: People were killed, you know, right, you know, he was absurd, You know, one word was criminal, got you know, got into trouble with the police for the umpty time and died of heart failure and therefore the whole country burstened in the riots orchestrated riots.
Speaker 3: You mean you're you're talking about in Minnesota where a man was choked to death.
Speaker 10: No, he wasn't choked to death, you know, he wasn't. He died of heart failure in other complications because he had so much Sentinel and other drugs.
Speaker 3: Because they let me put it this way, if the police had placed them in handcuffs and put them in the car and not applied that maneuver, would he still be alive.
Speaker 10: It's a standard police maneuver when somebody's fighting with the police.
Speaker 3: I understand it went on way too long, Allison.
Speaker 10: No, it was on way too That's okay to just have giant riots all across the country.
Speaker 3: Of course it isn't. Of course it isn't. But they the police listen. I am pro police, but they may even the guy, even the kinds that were standing by new It went on way too long. That was the aggressive maneuver that cost the life of a citizen.
Speaker 10: Yes, criminal, a criminal, career criminal that had done.
Speaker 3: Amongst the criminal What were they put what were they putting them away for? What was it?
Speaker 10: Not that particular, but apparently assaulted gunpoint of pregnant women and all kinds of things. You know that, Well, of course you don't recall that because the left wing media suppressed all of that. He was Saint George, apparently apparently right, like the police just went along and just said, Hey, there's a black guy, let's go terrorize him, which is total nonsense.
Speaker 3: I understand it's nonsense, but the maneuver was not appropriate.
Speaker 10: But I'm not asking about that now. I'm talking about what Kamal is nonsense about defending them and setting up bail fund for all the rioters? Is that? Okay? What was more of an interaction? What went on for weeks? And places got burned down, shops got looted, police stations got burnt down.
Speaker 3: And I wanted for a whoa, whoa what police stations got burnt down?
Speaker 10: Station was burnt down in Minneapolis? Don't you ever follow the news at all?
Speaker 3: Yes, police station was not burned down as it was.
Speaker 10: Look it up. I'm not actually sure it was Minneapolis, but I think it was. But it definitely was a police.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: I'll look up the title. A complete police station was not burned.
Speaker 10: Down as it was?
Speaker 8: Yes, it was.
Speaker 10: I actutely guarantee that, and you're ndpicking again anyway, And I feel the third time I've asked you, what do you think about her supporting the policies of supporting rioters?
Speaker 3: How about that she doesn't support rioters? That's why will you be set up? But do you think do you think that because she's going to be she becomes president, that she's going to support riots.
Speaker 10: We supported bail fund for the rioters in the twenty twenty She set up a bail funding. Yes it should continue, she said that more than once, and how wonderful it was, and everything she didn't say wonderful, But no, she set up bail funds for them to get them out, and almost none of them was prosecuted, unlike all the people who wandered around the Capitol on January sixth, twenty twenty one, who did almost nothing.
Speaker 3: Most of them did almost to present did.
Speaker 10: Almost none of the Black Lives Matter writers was sent away for any length of time at all. Most of their charges were dropped.
Speaker 3: You're telling me that when the attack on the Capitol, you're telling me that they did nothing, Alison, I completely disagree with I think you lot.
Speaker 10: Of them did do nothing. Much of them wandered in, you know, and they.
Speaker 8: Wondered in.
Speaker 3: They went through a barricade. Come on, Allison, that's not true. They guards dug.
Speaker 10: The only person, the only woman who was killed there was actually Babbit okay, who was a protester by some worthless security guard.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know you want you want me to get my fact straight. You got to do the same.
Speaker 10: You're actually have you heard, actually babbit? No, you have it right?
Speaker 3: No, I have not.
Speaker 10: No, of course you have it no, because you listen. You listen to the left wing media. You're totally brainwashed with them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's me. I gotta get out of here. Oh my god, what a headache. I don't know how Dan Ray does it. Jesus, Rob help me. I got to take a break. We'll be back on WBZ.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Welcome back WBC's Night Side, rapping things up for Dan Ray tonight of Gary Tangle sixty. Is it the economy? Is it the economy? Is that how you will vote based on the economy? I don't know if it is. Tim Tim Walsey, vice president of Candidate with Kamala Harris, his family is endorsing Trump than the Nebraska waltzs came out with sweatshirts and T shirts saying they're voting for Trump. I guess they're not that type of a family. I found that humorous. All right, let's get back to the calls. Let's suck to Franke in Northbridge. Hey, Frank, is it the economy?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think it's the economy.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 8: There are much more important issues that they're going to drive this character right at the top of the list. That last call of that you had. Man, it's scary to think that it's scary to think that that attitude is out there late this late in the game.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, and she was correct there was a police station, you know. No, but I mean she was correct, she was correct about the Minneapolis police station.
Speaker 8: But yeah, but almost describing January sixth, the crowd is tourists, I mean serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my boy. That's the thing that gets me. I mean, that's that's the tiebreaker for me with Trump.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, talk about brainwashed, you know, And like I say, you know, the thing of it is also to people forget the stock market is up forty since Biden got in. I mean, it was such a horrible economy. How could that be?
Speaker 3: I think, you know what I mean, No, and that's true, and the stock market continues to do well. I think. You know, again, it's all about the interest rates. If they come down, then people will be able to get money, then there'll be flush. I do think that it probably is because in New England it is extremely hard to buy a house.
Speaker 8: In New England, Yeah, it's very expensive to live here, but in the middle of the country that's cost of living is far less. And no doubt think is a up crime. Violent crime is way down, wages are up, unemployment is way down. No, I mean there are bigger issues this time around.
Speaker 3: It's the interest rates. I think that are killing people because if you do want to go get a mortgage, it's nine percent. That's a killer. You know, that's a killer.
Speaker 8: I mean, I can remember when it was twelve years ago when I bought a house that was twelve and three quarters was a good rate. I mean, you know, it's all relative.
Speaker 3: Well it is, and again, the interest rates have very little to do with the President. It's all about the Fed and they're probably going to get dropped yeah, but so, I mean, I agree with you, I don't. I don't think it's the economy. I think that people are going to look at character. I think people are going to look at well, I know who Donald Trump is. I'm not sure who Kamala Harris could be because I don't know if she's presidential material. I really don't. At times she doesn't appear, she doesn't look at She was also thrown into it. She was a vice president. She was tossed into this thing. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Also too, don't forget. Uh you know, in the past four years, well the past eight years, a lot of those Trump that Trump corps, a lot of them have died off, you know. So I mean I mean that Trump call, you know, the the the real loons.
Speaker 3: So you know what I mean. Yeah, Well, I think listen, I have voted Republican, I have voted Democrat. I think Harris is going to win because I think there's a new group of voters that we never considered before. And it's the young people and it's the brats, and I think that's gonna I think it's going to be close, and I think that's going to be the difference. But I don't know it's it's my opinion.
Speaker 8: I don't know, yeah, but you can sense it. And there's no question that young people are going to make a huge difference system around.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if she's going to be a good president or not. I have no idea.
Speaker 8: Well, she certainly couldn't do worse than him.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think.
Speaker 8: I can't see her. I can't see her leading an insurrection, you know.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you on that, Frank. I appreciate the phone call. All right, let's go to Rick and Bell Rickett six seven thirty. Hey, Rick, you're on WBZ. I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I I'd like Trump to get in. I think it will be a really close race. And uh, I think if Trump gets in, quite frankly, he'll only probably be able to get things back to the middle. So I don't think he I don't think he's a radical writer or anything.
Speaker 3: I think, oh he's not. Oh he's not. No, no, no, no, And especially when it comes to like the abortion thing, leave it to the States, you know. Look, look, look Trump, Trump really is in any date all. Somebody told me once that politicians are people that were too ugly to be actors, you know, I mean, and there's some there's some truth to that. They like the attention, they want to be up front, they want you know, and they're performers and Trump's a performer. And I think that if he had listened to his advisors when he was in and just kind of been normal, he probably would have been re elected.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: But there are just some things sometimes he just can't help himself with the things he said or the things he does that turned people off. Because that and I think that's what hurts him. If he had just kind of played it safe, listen to it advisors, you know, have a conservative type of platform, he would he would have done two terms. You know, he would have he would have done two terms. So but I mean, so you're going to vote for Trump? Why, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna tell you to vote why. Why why would you vote for Trump? I'm just curious, like what.
Speaker 5: You do with the economy. I think he I think he did a good job on the border. The border has not been perfect, that's true, but he he tightened it up a lot more. I think he only had about one hundred more miles of border while to finish, and he did the best he could turn his administration and uh, because he was in court a lot, you know, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, well that's the problem, you know, he gets in his own way.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it was. I think when I say he was in court, I think the whole Steele dossier thing was, Oh that was stupid.
Speaker 3: I mean, because they all do it. I mean, that's that. That's stupid. I mean Biden too. They nobody, but nobody keeps track of their records, you know.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, but they they they wanted to get him when when he was in office, but he managed to do some some some pretty good stuff for the country and uh, certainly the economy, and I would love to see the border closed up as much as possible and people come legally in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has to be. It has to be taken care of. Now. Yeah, no, how do you respond to there was a bipartisan deal on the table and Trump didn't want it to happen. He wanted to use it as a political p like, what is your opinion on that?
Speaker 5: Well, why didn't they do that from the very beginning? They waited three years into the fairpoint not quite a fairpoint, not quite yeah, not quite three years. But all of a sudden they want to do it when millions have have gotten into the country at fairpoint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I wondered that too. I wondered that too. You know, that's that's that's that that is a legitimate description, just to see. I agree with you. I I don't know why it can't be fixed. I really don't. Other countries do it. I know we were a melting pot. I think I believe people should be allowed to come into this country legally. I'm with you on that. I think we can be a compassionate country. There has to be some order to it. I think that we fall in love with history where we go back to the nineteen hundred, so the eighteen nineties, and you know, people came here from other countries to develop a better way of life, and it was different then. There was a lot more opportunity, there was more room in the country. You had a different situation. And people try to say, well, this is what we did before. It doesn't translate. Now, you're right, there needs to be more. Yeah, it doesn't. It just doesn't translate. It's like you could say, well, my ancestors came from Italy and they worked and they got into or they came from various Russia and they worked in industry and they raised families and they send kids to college and they you know, that's what happened. You know, that's what happened, and it was great. You know, my parents came from Canada, you know, so as you know in various relatives from Ireland and all that, that's not happening. That's not what we're talking about. It's not the same thing. So there has to be some order. There's no doubt about it. There has to be some order.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we need order. We need the education system not to be teaching some of the crazy stuff they teach us math, science, reading, writing. Teach the kids to be loving and kind to the other kids, even when they're different. You don't have to go with these seven genders.
Speaker 3: I just wow. I mean, but you know, yeah, I hear you. But you know what, that's a it's a different generation. So I will I will just say, Okay, if that's what we need to do, that's what we need to do.
Speaker 8: But don't you.
Speaker 5: Think maybe late, maybe when the kids get a little older, like I think they're starting. I'm really young, and it's not it's just like you don't talk sex with young kiddy kids because you want them to hate boys and be think they're roucky. You want kids to be kids. Hopefully, hopefully they're not starting too young.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean to be a young I will just leave it at this. To be a young person today, there's a lot on their minds, a lot on their play. I appreciate the phone call. Good stuff.
Speaker 5: I just want to say I'm a kitchen sink drummer too. I don't know a lot of people who are, but and I'm a real drum set drummer from a long time ago. I'm sure you are too. But the kids think it's really awesome to play drums on. Gary, have a great night, all right.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the phone Tame, I appreciate it. Thank you. That was a great phone call. He's going to vote for Trump. I'm curious why. And we can have a discussion. We don't have to yell at each other. And oh my god, uh we are going to get to John and Franklin. I have to take a break through six one seven, two thirty the phone number, Gary Tank. We're wrapping things up for Dan Wright tonight on night Side, and is it the economy. Is it is that what we're going to vote on? Because I keep hearing that it is, But I don't know if that's gonna decide it. We'll wrap things up on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News.
Speaker 3: Radio, wrapping things up for Danny tonight. Gary Tank we here on WBZ six one, seven thirty. Is it the economy? Uh? Presidents of candidate Vice President Kamala Harris coming out with her tax plan today, fifty thousand dollars credit for new companies that start up, new startup companies. Also, she's offering tax breaks to the middle class. I mean, is it enough? I mean, I think that she's going to get middle class voters anyway, four thousand dollars at tax break per child, which will certainly help. I think when interest rates come down, and that's going to happen between now and the election, that is going to obviously help things. And that's always that's not partisan to me. So I don't know if people are going to vote for the economy if Donald Trump becomes president, does that automatically mean that things will be better just because it worked for him? Last time. Does that mean it's going to work this time? I don't know, But I think there are so many other questions regarding both candidates that I don't know. If it's the economy, I think it's just a simple answer. John and Franklin, you're up on WBC's Night Side. What are you saying, sir? What's going on? What do you think?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 6: It's it's a it's a multifaceted issue. You know, no one's going to say no. And I and personally, I think that you know, that might be a tiebreaker on any any given person's you know opinion, you know, left.
Speaker 3: Or right, it might be. You know, it's interesting. I think that's a good point to jump on. What you're saying is if someone has some money, right, if someone is upper middle class or maybe upper class and close to the one percent, but they have liberal you know, they they're they're they're economically conservative but socially liberal. They're not sure how Kamala Harris is gonna do. She doesn't really have a track record. They go with Trump and the finances will be the tiebreaker, could be, but I don't think it's the one and only thing. You know, and I talked to friends of mine. Friends of mine have said, of course, it's the economy. I said, I don't think it is.
Speaker 6: It depends on who you ask, and you know where they're where they're brokerage account sitting at the time. But I mean, you know, frankly, it's about more than just you know, I mean everyone talked with the market. Market is a huge you know, you can just put that into twenty thirty different markets into itself. I mean, you know, stock market shirt ripped during Trump. Sure, and you a full disclosure. I'm probably gonna vote for Trump, I think. But okay, he walked into a relatively easy situation. I mean, from two thousand and ten to twenty and twenty, you know, a couple blitz on the radar, but everything was great, fine, right, you know. In in Biden's defense, sure, everyone you know, hems and hawes, I'll say on the radio about inflation, a lot of that. I do think it is his fault. But I mean, you can't you can't, you know, just bypass the idea of all the stimulus through you know, Trump for COVID. I mean, all that is stimulated in the economy, all that you know, cash flooding the system. Sure, you're going to cause inflation, which you know is the negative side of the economy. But but to pull it back, you know, hearing about you know, I mean they've been talking about it forever. Will they do it?
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: But talking about just look at unrealized capital gains tax I mean, I think that's ridiculous. I mean, we wanted. I heard a couple of callers ago talking about the idea of getting the house in Massachusetts, New England is very hard. Yes, it's very hard. And talk about unrealized capital gains. That's on any asset. So talk about uh, unrealized capital gains on your house making it that much harder.
Speaker 3: Can you can you break that down?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So the idea go ahead, go ahead, you go ahead and break it down.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: So so the idea of unrealized capital gains do and everyone talks about the ridge the don't use elon Musk for example. You know all these big wigs, they're not taking a paycheck. You're taking a very little paycheck, and everyone talks about taxes. So we could go down that rabbit hole. I'll avoid it. I'm I'm leaning right on that on that subject just on the idea of paying out taxes. Now that's a bunch of malarkey. But they you know, maybe income TAXI that's a different stort. But talk about realized versus unrealized capital gains on you know, these millionaires and billionaires that they all like to say, you know about you know, you gained one hundred million dollar networth, paid tax on zero of it. And that's a okay because it's it's all tied up in stock and inequity in these companies that they haven't you know, made a transaction it. So you know, for example, you know Elon Musf makes a hundred million dollars today because evaluations of his equities. Fine, that doesn't matter because he hasn't cashed out on it. Right, So I mean dumb that down to you and I haven't read anything this. This could be pure speculation, full disclosure, you know, based on you know, where do we draw the line on the low side? Right, So mom and pop you know, scrape and buy make you know, a million dollars in their house in the last thirty years. At what point do we tax them on unrealized capital games?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So you get a tax bill because your house went up in value, you never made a dollar. All it did was cost you money. And then I guess I would say, on the side, do we count you know, unrealized capital losses against that. There's so much up in the air, and I mean it's politics. Everyone's throwing fuze words around.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we're in Buffett and correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Buffett come out and say, listen, I should pay more in taxes because of what you're saying. Right, Yeah, I take I think you was paying like seventeen percent as opposed to forty percent. I mean, I listen, this is not my area of expertise, I will tell you, but I do know this. If you get between say you have a double income, like your double income family, and you get between two hundred and fifty and four hundred thousand dollars a year, which sounds like a lot of money. It is a lot of money, But then you can get nailed for forty percent on tax right because you don't have You've worked your ass off. Both of you are making money. Maybe you're working over time, you get your master's degree or whatever, so you could get into this into this this income range. But you don't have the capital gains and you don't have the right, so Buffett has. But yet forty percent goes to the government. That's a problem.
Speaker 6: That's a beautiful part of capitalism where in theory, you work hard, you know, you get rewarded. I understand taxes. I mean, that's just the way it goes. I'm not calling to throw a tea in the harbor, which you know sounds fun, but you know, we all saw what happened after that. I'm not calling for that, you know. But frankly, you know, sure Warren Buffet can say that, sir, all the you know, I'll say, you know, I keep calling them big wigs, uh, you know, supporting these these politicians doing this and doing that. I mean, they can say whatever they want. Warren Buffet understands tax go I mean, you know, should the tax go change, probably, you know, I think the little guy is probably paying too much. But also, you know, the big guys are the ones incentivizing everything. You know, sure we're talking about income taxes, how about payroll tax how about property taxes, how about excise tax? I mean, there are so many other taxes that they're paying. You know, the government incentivizes people to do what they want through tax code. We want people employed, we want people that have healthcare right right. So that's how it works. So I'm not going to solve anything. I'm just a twenty six year old guy driving a car down the mask pipe.
Speaker 3: I forgot to call in, Josh. I appreciate your calling, and you know more about it than I do, so thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, let me let me respond to one quick thing. And I forget who it was. I think was the gentleman from uh North Christian talking about, you know, the Trump supporters. And I've been listening to you guys for a while, but you know that you know, dying off getting older. You'd be surprised. I worked at one of the largest companies in New and I of course I'm not going to say which one, but you know, I talked all at twenty three, twenty four year olds, even twenty two year olds who just you know, sign up what eyed bushytailed. You know, let me getting to it a once, you know it, drinks have to work. It'd be a lot. There's a lot more new graduate Trump supporters than a one would imagine. So and I'm not sure you know, we called the silent majority anymore, you know, whatever they used to call it. I think it was silent majority back in twenty or sixteen, but a lot more than even I think I would have imagined.
Speaker 3: So I will say that, I will say I'm glad, I mean, and thank you for the phone call. I think it's a good point because I've experienced it in my own house, John, thank you for the call with uh you two with one of my kids, and we had discussions and a little more to the right that I imagine, and I said, good for you, man, do your own thing. He might have a point the other issue, because I don't think people are dying off. The other issue, though, is on the left. There's definitely been a mobilization of young voters. So which mobilization is going to be greater, I don't know. I'm just guessing. I think it might be on the left. I think the younger voter mobilization may be a little bit bigger on the left than on the right. But I think he makes a very good point. Trump voters aren't simply just a bunch of old guys. We got to go. Thank you very much. It's been a ball I'll be back tomorrow night at eight o'clock on WBZ. Rob Brooks, thank you, Marita l Rossa. We appreciate it. This has been Nightside on WBZ.