Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on with that.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is Robin Xander's birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, man, how do you find these things out?
Speaker 3: I have sources, you know.
Speaker 2: Did you give my Robert Xander's birthday card yet?
Speaker 1: Or?
Speaker 3: Don't don't be cruel?
Speaker 1: You said's a dork uh question?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have slippers at home?
Speaker 2: No, I've got vans, you know, like Spacoli war. Yeah, I've been wearing vans.
Speaker 1: Well, those aren't slippers, those are shoes.
Speaker 2: Well, but they don't you don't tie them, so they're kind of.
Speaker 1: That's a fine line right there.
Speaker 2: It's a thin line between love and hate.
Speaker 4: I David, I have slippers. I also have some furry crocs that around the house.
Speaker 1: And well you are they next to your bed? Do you put them on when you in the winter, when you when you get out of bit?
Speaker 3: They're by the front door right away?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you?
Speaker 2: Of course you do?
Speaker 1: Of course I do.
Speaker 2: And they're probably some kind of a oh these are Chaqua Laqui from Free?
Speaker 3: Do you put your robe on first or get your pipe out?
Speaker 1: I do walk across the floor with my slippers and nothing else to the bath, and then I come back like a metronome. And the slippers are furry with little reindeers on the front. Oh my gosh, and they're so christmasy, but they're still so comfortable. I can't get rid of them. So yes, reindeer furry slippers, and I walk back and grab the robe that's next to my bed.
Speaker 2: Normally I just have socks on, but with it being I don't know. Two, the floor gets really cold sometimes. Three question question. Can we just say, hey, I have a question?
Speaker 3: No question?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Why this question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think people we have We live in Saint Matthew, so the floors, it's an older house. The floors are freezing. Like are your floors freezing? Are your floors freezing? We have a lot of carpet, but there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of you're from the South, Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought you.
Speaker 4: I thought you went to hardwoods for the almost the entire house. Hardwood in the kitchen, carpeting, most everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh, at this point, I think that's smart.
Speaker 2: Our first level it's all uh hardwood.
Speaker 3: If you have all hardwood, it's echoey.
Speaker 1: It is. It is unless you put stuff on the walls or rugs and rug the wall. But you put rugs on the floor. It's like, well, just get carpet or maybe tapestries. Yeah. Three.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But I think there's a lot of cultures, like John has a lot of kids from India that go to school with him and they come to the house when they're in town. They all take their shoes off when they walk in and they stack them.
Speaker 2: Do any of them have the New Jordan's because if so, let me know you. I'll be in and out.
Speaker 1: So if in other cultures you don't wear shoes inside, I think that would be an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and some cultures you marry a goat. But I don't want to do that either. I can't help it that you all take your shoes off. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that you don't do it because you're a germophobe, a messy germophobe. We don't think about where you walked yesterday at the fairgrounds. You were in that toilet yesterday in the Fairgrounds in the South wing, you were walking around all that. I mean, think what the bottom of your shoes touched, and you just walked all over your house with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, allow me to retort, Go ahead and retort as clean as David beck and his staff is as maculus as they keep those floors, thank you. No, David beck not David Beckham, sorry, as immaculates as their staff keeps that place. I would eat dinner off those floors once. It's sometimes I have during the Hank Junior show.
Speaker 1: So you don't have slippers, you have vans.
Speaker 2: I've got vans the same principal. Actually these are better because it's got about a quarter inch or a half inch of a rubber. It keeps you even off the for more.
Speaker 4: Would you take a piece of wonderbread if you could find it something absorbent, and kind of rub it along the floor of the bathroom at the fairgrounds and eat it?
Speaker 2: How much money?
Speaker 1: Well, let's get let's get into the Geelorian and go back twenty years. I've been, you know, for free.
Speaker 2: No. At one time at a River Frogs hockey game, there was a piece of pizza that was half eaten and you could actually see the shoot print on it. He I ate it. But then I don't want to shake hands with any body during the cold flues. I'm like a selective germophobe, all right, So I want to say something real quick. Yeah, thank you to everybody down at the boat show yesterday.
Speaker 1: Such a good time.
Speaker 2: You got to get out there and see this. I want to say hot to Larry and his crew at Cunningham RV's we went up. If you go to my Facebook page, look at some of these RVs. It's incredible and the prices are like, you know, one was three hundred and ninety six a month, one was five hundred a month. Then we also got to meet Jeff tolk and his lovely wife.
Speaker 1: Yep, Tim molloy and all them showed up.
Speaker 2: Jeff Tolkie's wife was in HR. She retired from HR. Oh boyd three three minute conversation with this woman. Yeah, she wrote me up seven times, don't doubt it seven times.
Speaker 1: Other than that she was quite low. And then look at our Twitter because we put up at three sixty. You know those cameras that go round and around and around. You just stand in the middle. We met Mark yesterday too. It was a good time. I'm telling you. The gates opened up at five o'clock. It's a Wednesday, it's six degrees out and they were piling in that place like it was packed a half at five thirty. Gates opening five, so it was.
Speaker 2: Get out to the fairgrounds. Because here's the deal. It's been five degrees for two weeks. You can't get out of the house. Get out there, stretch your legs. Saturday's supposed to be in the forties, but it's gonna be rainy. This is so beautiful in there.
Speaker 4: I think the prices have kind of moderated, haven't they, Because there was one year that we were there and I saw this amazing camper with the island in the other in the big screen. It was like twenty three thousand. The next year it was forty four. Yeah, I know, I kid you not.
Speaker 1: It's coming down. Yeah, their prices are coming down.
Speaker 2: These Cunningham RVs that I was looking at. The financing had them at like three hundred some on five hundred something a month. And they're gorgeous on the end.
Speaker 4: And some companies with large parking lots, people will buy these things and then live in the parking lot of where they work.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, uh okay, uh no, please.
Speaker 3: Park bring an extension cord.
Speaker 1: Uh. Speaking of pack the pack, there is a video leaked of the inside the United States Postal Service regional facility on Gardener Lane. We used to work over by there. Uh, the package and mail portion of that warehouse. It's it's it is the final googling mail package. It is and it is their finally, it's the male's final destination before they get out of town.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The bins are full. Uh there's a backlog created by I mean, it's just all of this stuff is piled up and jammed up. The video person wants to remain anonymous, but they showed pictures and videos of inside the facility and saying, you know, with the snow and the lack of employees at the post office, all of the mail has backed up dramatically.
Speaker 2: The whole thing range sleet and snow.
Speaker 1: It's actually you're right, isn't It's in their motto. It's so messed up in here. Another employee said, it's unreal end quote.
Speaker 4: How many bills that are overdue are sitting at the post office.
Speaker 1: We got our water bill. We got a water bill the other day on the day it was due. Yeah, I was like, oh okay. Susan Wright, strategic communication specialists for United States Postal Service, declined a request Wednesday to speak to the postmaster in Louisville, blaming the delays on weather. This is from a WDRB article.
Speaker 4: We were doing the same as cash deal on our furniture, had about a year left to go.
Speaker 1: Oh oh no.
Speaker 4: No, and then they know that they sent us these new little terms and it essentially he said, if there's a late payment moving forward, we will charge you all back interest for the.
Speaker 2: Last four years. That's where I was going, because.
Speaker 4: I cut a check for the eleven hundred that was to get and they were setting up to hammer up yep.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's where I thought you were going. I thought you were saying that very last bill.
Speaker 1: I don't bet you. They don't do it at Sims Furniture.
Speaker 2: You dar right, then Sims take care of you.
Speaker 1: Right, Sims Furniture is the best.
Speaker 4: Hey hey hey, let's then, hey hey hey, lets then what your living room look like?
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Let's get you a new sofa and in a love seat only eight hundred and ninety nine dollars. Let's take it up a notch. Three packs of tables, also, two packs of wams an area rug and the sofa love seat just one dollars. That's right, baby, say with bedroom sets, get down to Sims Furniture. Dixie Highway and Preston Highway.
Speaker 1: Amy Schumer.
Speaker 2: Yes, very funny woman in my opinion.
Speaker 1: She uh so. The story basically is internet trolls sort of helped diagnose what's wrong with her?
Speaker 3: Oh where do.
Speaker 2: They shut off base? Well? I think she's hot?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, okay, uh so she people were saying she had moon face, Like, what's wrong with your face?
Speaker 2: That's when two that's what that's what two relatives have sex with each other.
Speaker 4: That that's the moon face. No, not seriously, no, I'm serious. I thought it was seal. No, like in Deliverance David the m bread causes the face. Yeah, okay, that's blue moon face.
Speaker 1: People were hammering her and they were on the internet, and the trolls were getting and she was it was getting to her. She was she was, you know, getting depressed. And then doctors started to answer and say, no, that might be cushion syndrome. And so she finds out she goes to doctor Schumer, which is forty three, went to the doctor and sure enough, she's got cushions. It makes your face swell to look like a moon like your cheeks higher cheeks and your lower cheeks swell up and you look like a moon, the moon in the sky, a full moon in the sky. So she found out she had cushion, a disease which is you can you can get it by too much on being on steroids too long. Oh okay, see if you're on him too long, this can happen. So basically, internet trolls. One of the day they saved me by being mean.
Speaker 2: They said, well, can you die from cushions?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so. No, you just looked like.
Speaker 2: Dude, Thank you, Frank, Come on, baby mugs the stars? Yeah, moon face broad right there, Amy Schumer, you put that's fright. Tony just got a phone call. He had to step out.
Speaker 3: Oh you had me pull out the big boy music. What was that about.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're just gonna wait on that. Okay, we're gonna wait on that. We're gonna wait on that. I do gotta tell you this story though. How about your marijuana card? Oh yeah, Kentucky Marijuana Card dot com, Kentucky Marijuana card dot com. Legalization, it's here, baby, But are you ready? I'm ready. It took me maybe ten minutes to get through my appointment at Kentucky metaw Kentucky Marijuana Card dot com. Go to Kentucky Marijuana Card dot Com, make your appointments, and when you do that, use code dwight dwi gh t dwi gh t. You'll get you thirty dollars off Kentucky Marijuana Card dot Com. All right, So Saturday in Pennsylvania, they received a car call from an Insta cart driver. Okay, I didn't know what an Insta cart driver was.
Speaker 3: It's like a grocery delivery person.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I didn't know that existed.
Speaker 3: It's because we just drive ourselves to the store and drive ourselves home.
Speaker 2: Well, but here's the thing. There's a like I get a lot of produce when I go, like I'll get I eat an alvacata each day.
Speaker 4: And you want to pick out your produce. You want to squeeze your melons.
Speaker 2: There you go. I'm a melon squeezer.
Speaker 4: And some people like green bananas, some people like riper bananas, and like avocados.
Speaker 2: Man, you know, it's it's a ticket time bomb. It can't be too brown, it can't be too green. And you got space mount which one's going to age through the week. Yep. Other than that, I would love to use this, But anyway, we chased the squirrel uh uh. In Pennsylvania, police received a call from an insta cart driver that had been he had been shot.
Speaker 1: Here's what happened.
Speaker 2: A woman ordered groceries and forgot to tell her husband, Nicholas Sabo. That's where she placed an order uh for the grocery delivery, and when he showed up, the homeowner Sabo, he mistook him for an intruder and they shot him in the leg. The driver was able to crawl back to his car, where his wife and kid was in the same car with him. I guess he just out on the town delivering groceries together.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nine one one got the call. The injur driver didn't need surgery, and now the homeowner is facing charges.
Speaker 4: That's lazy. Drive to the store and shoot him. Don't make him come to your house.
Speaker 2: That's a dollar out.
Speaker 3: We're so lazy.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I wonder if the homeowner saw the frosted flakes and the lucky charms thought, oh, no, serial killer.
Speaker 3: Well he winged him.
Speaker 2: Let's do joke of the day, and I'm gonna rerun yesterday's joke of the day, because.
Speaker 4: That's right, we had a four minute was that for the old eas test or not.
Speaker 2: Something's been going on with our signal because I was listening the other day and it just lines would repeat themselves, would repeat themselves. Oh no, it's doing it again. Oh I hate when that happened again. And then sometimes it would just drop out. So I don't know if they're doing work on the tower what. But because yesterday.
Speaker 4: And it was a pretty good one, I have to say so there was a theme to this one, and it was.
Speaker 2: An audible because we were talking about changing light bulbs, gen zers not being able to change the light bulbs.
Speaker 3: Here it goes, Hey, Dave, Hey, where's Tony?
Speaker 2: Tony had her phone call and right back, dollas nine hundred numbers on your own time?
Speaker 3: Man, is it yours?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Joke of today?
Speaker 2: Let's go, here we go, Here we go, Hey, fellas, how does Tony Venetti change a light bulb? I do know, Hey, the light bulb in the entire wood revolves a round me. Perhaps we have Dave.
Speaker 3: That's oh the nugget, my man, the nugget.
Speaker 2: Nug Baby. I will see you at the nug when's the last time you've been at the Golden Nugget? Huh? How about this karaoke every Wednesday starting at seven thirty Thursday, Baby, I love that night. That's tonight. It is music Bingo. This Friday we have live music from Luke Robi and then Matt Matt read Moore at nine pm to midnight, plus the Carry and plus the Nugget has been redone. You got your go Love the way it looks on the inside, absolutely beautiful. Perfect place to watch college ball, perfect place to watch pro ball. The nugget. I will see you with the nugs stick around.
Speaker 3: I have an idea for a T shirt.
Speaker 4: Okay, l E U V E a ug Love the nug Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Love the nug It's perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm called Sonny today.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. Back after this news radio eight forty w HS, I think they had two songs that were hits.
Speaker 3: They had a.
Speaker 2: Few, Yeah, this one and the other one.
Speaker 3: Was since You've Been Gone was the other big one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say this song might be top five for that year. It came out second one second.
Speaker 2: Ready, I don't want to lose your love.
Speaker 1: The world come to drums, all right, Cia classified book that details the end of the world is now viewable.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday, so I recommended.
Speaker 1: CIA classified book that details the end of the world is now viewable.
Speaker 2: It's next Tuesday. I don't recommend buying the book.
Speaker 1: In case you didn't know. A book about how the world will end written in nineteen sixty six, but it was classified. But it was classified. Well there you go. Maybe that's why they wrote it. But it was classified by the CIA. Now it's available to read. The author was the former US Air Force employee, UFO researcher and self proclaimed psychic Chan Thomas. Usually you don't put all that together. US Air Force employee, UFO researcher and self proclaimed psychic Chan Thomas. And while the book was quietly declassified in twenty thirteen, it's only now available to view it right now. Thomas says that every sixty five hundred years, a major disaster on the scale of the biblical sort of floods and all that happened. So every sixty five hundred years, well.
Speaker 2: He just left office, We're good.
Speaker 3: What's his first name?
Speaker 1: Chan? It's basically a mystery of why women. Well, no, that's a different story. I mixed up. I went to once I heard the I went to no I went to how your handshake reveals your sex life?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, so can we dip into that? We don't have time.
Speaker 1: I don't have time. We don't have time.
Speaker 2: I tease it for later on this morning.
Speaker 3: I always wonder why Tony shake hands with both of his hands.
Speaker 1: Thomas says, the earth magnetic field will suddenly drastically shift, wreaking, have it across the planet. The book was classified because the CIA didn't want to deal with widespread, widespread panic.
Speaker 2: That's why when I shake hands, a little pinky promised thing.
Speaker 1: Sixty five hundred years that's probably true. Yeah, that's probably true. Something devastating happened.
Speaker 2: But I think, well, how long has the world been around?
Speaker 3: Of going two billion years?
Speaker 2: I think so this book is like a sequel.
Speaker 1: It's four billion years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when was the dinosaur ending phenomenon?
Speaker 1: That No, that was sixty four million years, But I think about how much long that is? Sixty four million years ago that thing happened. So all right, the place is old for sure. Vision First Eye Care. If you want to see the end of the world, clearly you got to go to Vision FIRSTI caare dot com. You got to get an appointment. I did this whole thing. It took about forty five minutes. When they did the examination of my eyes, it was like an MRI of my eyeballs, Mr eyeball, nobody knows. You can see the back of your eyeball, your stamp, the stem of your ball eyeball, and then it really does dive deep into it so the doctor can look in there and see maybe there's streuture problems or not, or if there's issues back there. Right, so not just what you can see what you can't see. That took four seconds each eyeball. That was it. Four seconds. So then I talked to the doctor. She goes, you want to get glasses? I said, yep. So I walked around the corner. She handed my file to three people that were standing there. They have fifteen hundred different frames and these three people are like, we're here to pick the right frames for your face.
Speaker 2: I would need that help. I would need that because.
Speaker 1: Your face is round, fat and longing at the same time, and I don't even know it's.
Speaker 2: The vision first could make it look oh, there's no. But when I was there, you know the optometis is actually uh backed into the lens grind or by mistake. Yeah, in a real spectacle of herself. Okay, here's the dollar.
Speaker 1: But you can see yourself going to Vision first, Vision First, I care eighteen locations. I go to the one that's next to Salcerta's so I can get my glasses fixed. Have a taco. All right, short break, we'll come back. News Radio eight forty whs. Praying for the eleven officers that were shot in San Antonio last night. Oh man, some guy barricaded himself in his house and somehow at the end got shot eleven police officers. They are all going to survive, also wounds. But this is the kind of stuff these guys go through every day, and you think, well, how many times can It seems like a lot more than that.
Speaker 2: Used to well, but it's because it is which reminds me. Join us at ten oh five with Dave Jennings as we honor our men and women in Blue with Cops Rock.
Speaker 1: That sounds like you have a list for that song.
Speaker 4: I do have a list, but it's a different song that I have the list for. Gives me an excuse to you know, you know me, I love me some judge.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite? Uh Mama or Chunky Judd.
Speaker 1: Oh stop, I don't know their names. It's just mean they lost their mama the not too long ago, and now you're calling her challenge? Which was your favorite?
Speaker 2: I don't know their names. Is Ashley Judd.
Speaker 3: And she's a nut job and Naomi is the one that passed?
Speaker 2: Okay, why no?
Speaker 3: Is the one that ate her?
Speaker 1: Ashley David. Ashley's had some uh mental issues lately. She's trying to navigate her her life after her career is pretty much post career.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you wait? One more? One more? Dude?
Speaker 1: Seriously, come on, y'all have been mean enough?
Speaker 2: Hey Dave?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, what's up to it?
Speaker 1: Nice judge? All right, what do you have? You have a list there?
Speaker 2: Sweethearts? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is it's from BuzzFeed.
Speaker 4: Older adults reveal the would never happen again experiences from the past, and as a gen zer, I need someone to confirm these are real.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we are older.
Speaker 3: Adults now, so we will know that these are real.
Speaker 1: We are well then, yeah we're older.
Speaker 2: You guys, are you really are beating in my thirties? I'm kind of ashamed to be that close to the gen zer j number.
Speaker 1: That's right, and tell that to my eyeballs.
Speaker 4: When traveling, we had in flight meals during the mid seventies. It didn't cost extra and they were delicious, right, salad, meat side, dessert, and a beverage, real cutlery including a steak knife.
Speaker 3: And if it was a long flight, you got two meals.
Speaker 2: Yep, you smoke you right, you're on the arm.
Speaker 1: You have proof of that. Both those issues in one movie airplane because everyone gets sick, including the pilot. Because did you.
Speaker 2: Have the fish or the chicken?
Speaker 1: The fish of the chicken and the fish the rights?
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I think the fish was the bad one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so they you have your proof right there. Yeah. Flying the seats, here's this thing that you will be shocked at. There was usually just two seats on one side and they were gigantic. So you just got into your seat. We just got you. We forget that. There's three seats now. There used to not be a middle seat. There used to be two seats on each side and they were bigger. So what did they do, We need to fit one more seat in this side, so they they made it.
Speaker 3: You know, I got it, just walked onto the plane.
Speaker 1: Yes, from the.
Speaker 2: Tarmac and people could follow you up.
Speaker 1: Yes, the tarmac.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, And every time now I promise you, Susan will have one side, I'll have the other side, and the seat in the middle will be the open one. And here comes either somebody with a baby or Chucky Judd. There were please sit next to me.
Speaker 1: There were no X ray. You didn't have to walk through an X ray, just walked to your gate and then walked onto the tarmac to it on your plane.
Speaker 4: Remember the Charles Chips truck guided when we got the huge tin of Charles.
Speaker 2: Chips, we never got. They were gone, but we had neighbors that would get these pretzels and the gigantic Do you.
Speaker 1: Mean the can? Yes, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: We never got it's a white brown cans about this big never got it.
Speaker 1: Did you use it for other stuff afterwards?
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: In the eighties used it as an ashtray.
Speaker 2: If I would imagine, because these seems were nice, these tins were nice, I would imagine you got credit when you turn it back in. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had a popcorn in there and tossed it around and get the grease off that corn.
Speaker 1: I had a buddy that had a coffee can and he put this in his room this early nineteen eighties, and he was a smoker, Yeah, in his teenage years. So what the whole can was cigarette buds. It's like, dude, you just slowed down smoking bro. Older adults reveal they would never happen again. During the early fifties, I was in first grade. The boys played on one side of the school during recess, the girls played on the other. Yeah. Wow, separate but equal, I do remember, no way, separate but not equal.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the nuclear attack drills were saying, Okay, get in your hallway and put a book over your head. Promise everything will be a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're getting a fetal position on the floor. Put in the hallway.
Speaker 2: Hey, you put it like a book over your head or something.
Speaker 1: We're not surviving, so.
Speaker 2: Why are we playing them.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want to die in the blast. I don't want to die slowly.
Speaker 3: I want to have your hair fallowed.
Speaker 1: I don't want to die slowly poisoning and starvation because there's no food.
Speaker 2: I want to be one of the mutant people that it turns into like a puddle, and then I'll go through the door. And after I go under the door as a puddle, I'll come back to life as a mute.
Speaker 3: And Chad in weird science.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, the seventies gas shortage when you could only get gas based on your license plate number. On certain days, my ex and I had two vehicles of van and a sedan with odd numbered license plates. We'd park both at the gas pumps at night, sleep in the van and get up before the station opened. We'd fill the cars, go home, then get dressed for work.
Speaker 2: So you remember how it was so stupid. Remember little boys used to play with hot wheels. Yeah, yeah, okay, well this was going on. I remember taking all of my hot wheels over my buddy Brian Nichols house, and he got his hot wheels and we played gas line and we just lined up all of our hot wheels.
Speaker 3: He was so you played gas line.
Speaker 2: See how long we make the how long we make the gas line? Go, Ryan Nichols.
Speaker 1: These weren't these were these guys weren't the all right? It was so stupid. We were buying, not a majority, but it was I think he was forty percent of our gas or oil usage was We were buying from Opek, which is the group in the Middle East. Do they even have opek anymore?
Speaker 3: They're still around, all right?
Speaker 1: So that we were buying like it's like we have as much oil under our land as they have under theirs. Why are we buying from them? That caused a shortage? This is stupid.
Speaker 2: It is stupid. I think I got the answer this one, yes, because if you's our oil, I believe it makes you transphobic. I'm not sure, but I'm almost pop. I'm trying to reprogram myself, and I think I got that one down.
Speaker 3: Now, this one half I agree with. The second half, I don't know.
Speaker 4: In high school gym class, we had an indoor swimming pool and all the boys had to swim nude.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Come on, we had.
Speaker 3: An indoor swimming pool, but nobody swam nude.
Speaker 2: Nobody swims nude in school. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: I will say this the what year they said, the seventies.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's not true. In the fifties. I get it because everyone was naked in the fifties. That's who's naked in the locker room today at the Jay is the old the older military guys. They're always and they tell half an hour stories standing there naked.
Speaker 2: The problem is you'll be sitting on the bench tying your shoes or whatnot, and they'll walk up and it's like, right, I know that.
Speaker 1: If you know it's thirty minute story, put clothes on. Please, right, I mean, don't leave me dangling? What's going David?
Speaker 2: That coughs?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Who would you quit? You're making me nervous?
Speaker 1: Stop sounds like trying to cough on him. I guess the story's over. He's annoying me some much. They have to call on him to show and.
Speaker 2: Quit dangling your part of spop.
Speaker 1: Please move on to the next one.
Speaker 4: Back in the seventies, we wore suits and dress shoes to church.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now people wear shorts and sandals and baseball hats.
Speaker 1: No, we still what's wrong with that? Holy Nity still dresses up too. We're not. We don't go.
Speaker 2: I want my concert t shirts and.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that, Like my brain can't consent. I'm the only one if people wear hats like ball caps in your church? Uh no, okay, so you draw the line at hats, but you're gonna just me Metallica, the devil worshiping rock bands is allowed in the in the right.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever wore Metallica shirt.
Speaker 1: Which ones did you wear?
Speaker 2: See this Wu Tang shirt?
Speaker 1: I got on right?
Speaker 2: Even better, there's a picture of me greeting at church with his Woo tank shirt.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with the shirt?
Speaker 1: Dress up and go to church, dude. It's it's about respect.
Speaker 2: It's not about what you wear.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, preacher Dwight. Let me tell you with your untucked shirts, let me what are you gonna say?
Speaker 2: Shit on my chair backwards, putting my arms up here on the rest. Yeah, let's wrap about j C.
Speaker 1: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: You think j C was caught up in dress clothes?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Thank you think j C?
Speaker 2: Do you think j C cared what kind of a belt?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Pastor you know what the Bible said about that?
Speaker 1: What it's against it?
Speaker 2: And again, oh, by the way, I found a uh yesterday, I found a preacher to do a segment on our show. No, I saw it, not texted it, both of you.
Speaker 1: I don't think that I'm going to hard pass, hard pass, easy pass.
Speaker 4: I remember collecting sn H green stamps and pasting them in a book once or twice a year. We trade the stamps in for a toaster or a mixer.
Speaker 2: Oh remember those? Remember those?
Speaker 1: Most of our forgot about plates and cups?
Speaker 3: Yes, most of our plates.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you knew when you went to your buddy's house, you knew if their family was on the same level as yours, because you're like, oh, you all have those two like it was when Dixie Hear or whatever.
Speaker 2: Damn stamps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cups and plates, salad bowls and you were salad bowls.
Speaker 2: Remember the pepsi contest with the you had to spell pepsi with the bottle caps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I don't remember that one.
Speaker 3: I lived in Older adults share things that will never happen again. This is bizarre.
Speaker 4: I lived in Florida in the sixties in the summer, and there would be mosquito trucks that sprayed up and down residential streets.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: As kids, we jump on our bikes and ride behind a truck and haling the fumes so.
Speaker 1: It looks like a water truck, but it's got DDT in it. And there's two pipes that come out of the back to pretty much the length of the width of the street, and they're a little. It's just like a plane that's doing it, but it's a truck. And as kids, we we would ride our bikes and run behind it and dance in the smoke, which we thought was smoke, but it was DDT mosquito killer. Because if not, now this is key Wes and I was there every summer as a kid. But man, if not, if they didn't do that mosquitos, I mean you couldn't sit outside.
Speaker 3: The good old DDT days.
Speaker 4: Growing up in Oakland in the sixties and seventies, we rode our bikes all day and felt safe.
Speaker 3: Only rural be home when the street lights came on.
Speaker 1: That's right. Absolutely, be on the front porch when the street lights starts to dim. And sometimes you forget and it starts to dim and you're like, I'm not going to make it. But yes, we rode our bikes. Sometimes we were like you got to you got to you know, Frankfort Avenue, Downtown. Yeah, we got downtown on your bikes. What yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There was no AC windows were left down in cars, houses used fans. The first home AC units were mounted in a window and were super loud.
Speaker 1: Yep. I remember when they killed Bin Laden and he there was pictures of the his on his computers where he was watching TV with a blanket around him, and they were making fun of him, going, oh, look at this terrorists with all his money he can't even afford. And people were shouting back on social media, going, you Americans don't get it. Not everywhere has set not everybody has central heat. Didn't around the world, idiots of the state of New York. We never had airicry. Yeah. Sorry.
Speaker 3: I went to high school in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Our school had a smoking section where we could grab a smoke between classes. All on the weekends at fourteen, I would go to the racetrack with my friends and bet on horses.
Speaker 3: Yes, no one ever asked for id No one asked.
Speaker 1: Because seventeen and eighteen year olds were considered adults then.
Speaker 2: So we used to cut school and go to Churchill Downs. You know. We went to high school and a buddy of mine we did it one time and his dad was in gamblers anonymous right, and you saw him and we saw him. We freaked out. We said, oh my gosh, such and such just spotted us and we were freaking out. We're cooked. And then at us. He can't turn state's witness on us, because then he's gonna come out. And he was there too.
Speaker 1: He's there too.
Speaker 2: It was a Mexican standoffs. We walked up to him and sure enough he goes, okay, but you kids never do this again.
Speaker 1: You blackmailed your dad, your buddy's dad, just because you could cut school and gamble.
Speaker 4: We just ran into him and mean to black I remember being a child in the seventies and my parents would hand me a note and some money to go buy cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my dad, you worked. It was called the night Owl down at the end of the neighborhood, and he would send me down the night out get him a pack of cigarettes.
Speaker 1: It's twenty one now, he used to be eighteen. Is twenty one now.
Speaker 2: I don't see how anybody like I'll see homeless people walking I'm sorry, unroofed people, unroofed walking around with a smoke of cigarettes.
Speaker 1: If they're unroofed, they need to call Christian Brothers roofing all right.
Speaker 3: And one more.
Speaker 4: Cars did not have seatbelts, especially in the back seats. I would often stretch out in the back seat and take a nap while mom drove.
Speaker 3: If he had a station wagon. The kids piled up in the very back.
Speaker 1: No, they had seat belts which they were just buried in the crevice. That's like an archael. You needed Indiana Jones to get in there and get that thing out there, or and what you would find old hard candy or coin.
Speaker 2: White life savers. But here's the thing. In the summer, they were never hidden. They were those big, shiny they were.
Speaker 1: A thousand degrees you would sit on a Yeah. People used to put the baby in the back of the window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so stupid.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the of the crevis, try State Men's Health. Try State Men's Health guys.
Speaker 2: How you feeling when you get off work. How you have energy, You're getting things done, hanging out with the family or are you going straight to the couch? I just go straight to the couch some days. I'm not exaggerating. I'd go straight to bed after I got off work. I was miserable, tired, lethargic all of the time. Then I started on testosterone. It literally changed my life. I'm never going back to the way I used to feel. Go to try Stateman's Health dot Co. Take that lotiquiz. It's about ten yes or no questions. Take you maybe a minute a half, then make your appointment. It's ninety nine dollars. But listen to this. They do lab work on you. You get your blood results back when thirty minutes or less. They'll explain all of your numbers and you make an educated decision. If you decide to join, just apply that ninety nine dollars to your plan. I love the way I feel. I've been on testosterone for thirteen years and I'm never going back to the way I used to feel. Go to try Statements Health dot com.
Speaker 1: Window all right windows Windownation. Go to windonation dot com. Fifty percent off all windows styles right now and two year two full years no interest. I got new windows not too long ago, and it seals your house. You can't hear a thing that's happening outside, and your HVAC turns off and on a lot less when you get wind donation windows again. Fifty percent off all windows styles and two years, full years of no interest. Go to windownation dot com now.
Speaker 2: From Joey Straighter, You're not the only one. I wear my concert tees and my sports stuff to church and I go to Southeast Christian. There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm good for you, so Judge Judy