Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth, and it is his birthday. How do you buddy?
Speaker 2: Thirty seven to damn all?
Speaker 1: Thirty nine thirty nine Wow, officially older than me. Absolutely love it when you just pull out of me. I turned thirty eight and that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh you stopped? Yeah, I should have done that a couple of stop it.
Speaker 1: I think my wife stopped at thirty four. I stopped at thirty eight.
Speaker 2: I keep going. I don't mind, just how you feel. Uh.
Speaker 1: Thursday, February twentieth, we just wrapped up the twenty twenty five Poker Go Cup here at the Poker GHT Studio and it was an exciting series. It was capped off by Joey Weisman winning.
Speaker 2: The Poker Go Cup.
Speaker 1: He had a whole bunch of second place finishes, three of them to be exact. He had a win as well. He won more than nine hundred and thirty thousand dollars in prize money. We'll get through it all, you know, Tim and I talked to previously about how you know big and bad this series started. You know, I think everything continued, pretty nice. Some would say massive, yes, some would say enormous, some would say gigantic, some might say colossal. You know, all those all those different I mean, why do you think they named it the Colossus.
Speaker 2: At the WSP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, well we'll get into all things poker Go Cup related, of course, and yeah, that'll be that. Do you want to remind you guys that if you want to play free online poker, just head an over to play poker go dot com. That's where you can get the thrill of authentic online poker anytime anywhere. Tim and I are regularly in the streets battling. We did just wrap up the play poker Go Cup, which was a lot of fun. I had two final tables. Tim had won you we both had a third place finish. You had a third place finish in the in the final event. I had a third place finish in the sixth event. So you and I fell short of winning the exclusive Lion Avatar. But we'll come get them next time. That I at time you have, no you have this is our f tops jersey. Okay man, this is the f top jersey.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: So play poker goat dot com if you guys want to get in there, if you want to battle with Tim and I. It's a lot of fun. It's action packed. The game is really really fast, which is the best thing about it. It's available on web, iOS and Android, so wherever you have a device, wherever you want to access play poker Go. Check it out play poker go dot com. All right, Joey Wiseman, you're twenty twenty five Poker Go Cupampion, the first major of the twenty twenty five Poker gro Tour season. He had one win, four cashes. All of his cashes were top two finishes, either first or second place, so he finished first once, he finished second place three times. He had more than nine hundred and thirty thousand dollars in prize money. One and to make it even better, he there's eight events on the schedule and he only played seven. He skipped one event that was after what was after nove number two, Ye when he so even number one and we talked about this already, but as a reminder, event number one, Wiseman finished second with Michael Montsec aka Texas Mike Michael Montcheck, Michael Moncheck. I need to get that right, Michael Montcheck Texas Mic topped him. Those two got heads up again in event number two. This time Joey Wiseman came out on top that heads up play and pretty long so Joey didn't play event number three. In event number four, if you can freaking believe it, this guy is heads up again. This time he loses to Eric Blair, but another top two finish. And then in the final event that just wrapped up an hour or two ago, Joey Wiseman comes into the final table. He's the chip leader, he's cruising. He finds himself heads up against Justin Zaki. I mean, coincidentally, Zaki was runner up in this event. Last year he finished finished second to Jonathan Little. Little had to win to win the cup. He did that last.
Speaker 3: Year Zachly needed to win to win the Cup I remember, correct, because he had an event win so the winner would win.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, And this year, I mean, you know, Joey Wiseman already locked up the cup. Yes, but still kind of fun how that that all played out. Zaki did top Wiseman in heads up play. They made a deal to you know, lessen the page up between first and second. So all things told, In the first event, it was a five K buy in Wiseman second out of one hundred and seventy seven entries for one hundred and twenty four thousand dollars. Then in the next event, first out of one hundred and eighteen entries, two hundred ninety five thousand dollars was what he won there and amend number four. His second place finish was worth one sixty one point seven. And then in this final event, the twenty five k finale, Wiseman's second place finish was ultimately worth three one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The final event wasn't as sweaty as maybe we had hoped, you know, Tim and I always want the sweat, you know, lots of people in contention. It's just more fun that way when it's playing down. But we did still have a decent sweat. You know, Wiseman obviously had the lead on the top of the leaderboard, but you had Eric Blair, you had Texas Mike, and you had was a Christen Foxen and Adam Hendricks were all all in. Blair, Foxing and Manchek go out and it's only Hendricks's left, and they were two tables, getting fairly close to the money and then Hendricks is all in and he ends up being up against Wiseman. Hendrick says, this is only fitting definitely that it was nines against ace Jack ace Jack. For Hendricks, he was on the line. There was a third player in the pot who also had ah jack, so lowering the outs there for Hendricks, the nines hole. For Joey Wiseman, it was really just his cup from start to finish, and he ultimately took out Hendricks, secured the cup.
Speaker 2: And that was that, you know.
Speaker 1: And then of course he goes on from there to make the final table as the chip leader. He goes on to finish in the second place for three hundred and fifty K. So just an absolutely incredible performance across the entire series from Joey Wiseman. He now joins Daniel Legranu, Jeremy Osmas, carry Katz and Johnson Little as Poker Go Cup champions. Even better, Joey Wiseman is now on top of the season law PGT lead aboard. He has how many points statman?
Speaker 2: Nine hundred and seven is what I think?
Speaker 1: So what are his odds to make to qualify for the PGT Million Dollar Championship.
Speaker 2: He's not on the board. He's a lot.
Speaker 1: Can't bet him, compare him, can't bet him. He's a lot, not even like minus ten thousand, He's.
Speaker 2: Just off the board. He's in.
Speaker 3: I think I would you know what, let's you know, maybe producer Ryan can run this in about nine months ten months time.
Speaker 2: I bet you nine oh seven right now is in? Really yeah? I don't know because the little a few little tweaks in the rules. I think it's gonna come down just a little, and I think nine oh seven is in, but Joey's Yeah, but Joey's gonna finish with.
Speaker 1: But something that I was thinking about is where maybe you can look this up right now, maybe you can effort this. But where were the top like three to five people after cup last season? So through kickoff and Cup were they is far? I feel like this is really far. Nine oh seven, Kristen Foxin's in second with like eight fifty.
Speaker 2: You mean okay, you sorry, you mean the top three after the Polagar Cup.
Speaker 1: Life, Like, did they have this many points already?
Speaker 2: No? This is a he's like running away with but.
Speaker 1: It's not only him. So right now on the on the PGT season long leader board, you have Joey Weisman on top nine oh seven. You have Kristen Fox in second eight fifty seven, you have Eric Blair third seven to twenty two. I mean, that feels like a ton of points between those three people.
Speaker 2: It really is. It's they've had such a great start to the series.
Speaker 3: And if you can remember from early in last year, we had David Coleman making his run, both with wins of the kickoff wins of the cup.
Speaker 2: If we're looking.
Speaker 3: At uh following Pocagoa Cup last year, we're actually going to be corrected, but David Coleman had nine hundred and thirty seven points following kickoff and the Cup.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay.
Speaker 3: And then second was Kristen foxon She Loves She starts hot every year. I guess she had six hundred and sixty six points. Jonathan Little, he had two wins during the Poblago Cup.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, how many did bucks? And the last six sixty six?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because she well, she had an awesome kickoff, she had.
Speaker 3: She Yeah, she had a good kickof She had a win and a third place, and she had a win in the double points ten k and then she did okay, she had four two more cashes at the.
Speaker 2: Cup, Jonathan, but this year she did better at the Cup again.
Speaker 1: She obviously won the fifty to one of the fifteen ks, so she's crushing.
Speaker 3: And then Jonathan Little, he was in third with five hundred and forty nine points. He had two wins, four cashes.
Speaker 1: I saw someone on social media. I can't remember who, and it might have even been a media outlet, but I forget, so forgive me, but they called her the Queen of the PGT.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's fair enough. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Let's also, depending how you want to interpret all time money lists, the queen of all the women, and she is currently she currently passed Vanessa Selps on the Your Time Money list. When you factor in online bracelets and you de factor that's not the right word. When you don't factor in Vanessa Selps sit and go where she wanted a million dollars.
Speaker 1: So how much more are you gonna move the goalposts on this? I mean, honest, look, I know it's your birthday, so I'm gonna let it slide. But holy hell, I don't decide we're gonna count this result, not this result. We're gonna take this one away, but this one counts over here, like and we're gonna, we're gonna, let's just add let's just add three hundred k for Kristen Fox, and let's just take three hundred k away from Vanessa South.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you doing over here? It's look, this is not my stance. This is another outlet stance and I don't side with it. But depending how you want to interpret the results out there, she's.
Speaker 1: Not interpret nothing. The results of the results. Look at the list. Add up the total.
Speaker 2: End of story.
Speaker 3: The total doesn't include the online bracelests she's wanted. She's won like seventeen of them.
Speaker 1: Anytime you talk about all time money lists, this, that, and the other thing, it's always just live. You don't get into online. You can't.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The reason why listen? I know you can, Like you can use it to bolster an argument, like if you're if you and I are gonna debate Vanessa Selvis versus Kristin Fox, okay, like our foundational things are going to be like, Okay, well, this person's here on the altime money List, this person is here on the all time Montive, this, this person has this bracelet. This person has this bracelet, but that's starting when you get to like listen, but she also does this online for example, Like if you were to defend Kristen Fox and be on that side, you'd be like, well, she had super Nova elite x amount of years. Like that's like, that's the stuff that you would start to say, or like you know other people, you'd be like, well, they played you know, the Ralbert heaven On full tilt and they crushed that and they were, you know, by a lot of the reports, one.
Speaker 2: Of the biggest winners in it.
Speaker 1: Like that's the sort of stuff that you would do or you would say scoop titles or WQ titles or whatever. But that stuff is at such an insanely high volume some would say massive volume, that you can't do it for everyone at the same time. So it's so that's why it's just never really in the argument. Back to our guy Joey Weisman for a second. Speaking of arguments, best ever, all that sort of stuff, best PGT series performance Ever, best PGT Majors, Serious performance Ever, how do you view it? You know all the numbers, you know, all the people that have done it. The one that sticks out to me is twenty twenty one us Poke Grope and when David Peters had three wins and four cashes. That's the one that sticks out to me. It's a very strong performance. The difference with that series obviously was twelve events he did win. He did win some smaller events in the series. Yeah, one of them was a short which probably had ten people.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: Short deck even a game anymore? Does anyone play s No? They still play short deck at Triton, just to try them, they do. Yeah, I know they've done a lot more PLO yeah recently, but I just couldn't remember playing the shorts out, probably usually because sucks well well, But the way that Trenton does their schedules, it's like they do, like whatever the batch of nolan A hold them and then it's a batch of PLO. So like I'm usually in for like the nolan and hold them, and then I'll I'm in for some of the PLO and then I have no idea what happens after that. I mean, if they put short tack after that, I'm completely out.
Speaker 2: Look. The David Peters run the USPO was very good. I'm kind of leaning towards Weisman. Even though it's only one win versus three, there's three second places. You know you only played seven events. I want to say you got bigger fields pokers. Poker players have gotten better in the on the PGT so we have to kind of think about that a little bit. I'm going to give the nod to Joey Weisman.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at you. I mean, I'm not even going to pick a side. I'm just gonna say that Joey Weisman had an incredible series and I thought you picked him in our prediction.
Speaker 3: I did because I'm the best. Yes, no, I picked him that he would without doubt enter the top forty and qualified. Well, there you go, so he can go. You know what, I gave him a little bit agree for traveling around Asia for six months. Joey, you can take ten months off because well he.
Speaker 1: Just he said when he was leaving, he said, I'll see you guys in a weeks.
Speaker 2: Or a couple of months. Yeah, he's going. He's gonna try it. He took some PGT G with him out. He requested some pgt gs.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he's now the PGT poster child, being up on top of the leaderboard.
Speaker 2: So he needs to you know, he needs to rep us. That's right.
Speaker 1: Have you done you know, I know you haven't done this, but you one hundred percent should do this or should have done this, and you need to have like, you know, longest.
Speaker 2: Weeks is number one. I have thought about that.
Speaker 1: You know that needs to happen for sure, Like we need to like hire someone just to do that so you can be like, you know, this person has the longest streak as the number one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yes, if we get to a sweat we will.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jeremy Osmisen had a pretty long stretch last year, Chick Weeks had a pretty long stretch.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well I'll look into it. I'll at it to my list of things today. There you go.
Speaker 1: So Joey Wiseman finishes on top of the leaderboard from the just the poke grew up. I know I mentioned the nine hundred and seven points he has on the top of the leaderboard, but he had seven hundred and fifty eight points just from the cup. After well, I shouldn't say after Okay, how about this. After he won the Cup, he spoke with Jeff Platt about winning the cup, presented him with a check presented him with the cup. So let's listen to that quick interview right now.
Speaker 4: All right, here's the cup. Here is the champ, Joey Weisman, the twenty twenty five Poker Go Cup Series Champion. Joey, congratulations. This is one of the most dominant performances that I'd say we've seen in PGT major's history. What has this series run been like for you?
Speaker 5: It's just been so fun being able to wake up every day, come to the studio and play poker, doing what I love to do, being where I love to be, seeing the people that I love, and you know, I get a lot of joy from coming and playing long hours here. I never want to go home. So I've been here a lot this week and I've been really enjoying it.
Speaker 4: Even on individual titles here at this studio before you won individual titles all across the country. Is a series championship a next level accomplishment for you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's new for me for sure, and it's my first. It certainly feels amazing and just uh. The cop is a representation of how well I ran, and you know, and how and a representation of me trying my best all week and just kind of getting a little bit of a validation for you know, making some good decisions along the way. It's nice and something that I'll I'll leave on my bedside and I'll always remember when I look at it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That was Joey Wiseman with Jeff Platt. Jeff presented him with a nice, big old check my idea.
Speaker 2: Loved it. It is your idea, but I executed the plan. I do. But we have to. There's something I hate about you. Oh, let me.
Speaker 3: I probably can guess what it is. We are capped by what we make. The players seem to enjoy it. They like it, they've talked about it.
Speaker 2: I think if Joey left and then like can I take my check?
Speaker 1: Osmus took his check, I think it's they never had a big check.
Speaker 2: Just somebody a bit of fun. Okay, let me guess. Okay, let me guess.
Speaker 1: It obviously never entered a publisher's clearing house give away.
Speaker 2: Let me guess your complaint. It has fake routing numbers that you don't like. No complaint. You think the money amount doesn't fill the box enough because it's it's like a step I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that stupid easel that we have that it sits on, it's just I don't know, we need to figure it out.
Speaker 2: But it's ugly. Just buy something. It's ugly because.
Speaker 1: Then Jeff takes it off and gives it to them, and then he puts the check on the table, and then there's that easel just sitting there.
Speaker 3: Maybe we need a table easel, We need something someone that sits on the table.
Speaker 2: Maybe that. So it's just like pot of like the shots.
Speaker 1: Something just needs to be improved with that, with that situation, because it looks kind of cheesy. I'll give you a little And one of the reasons why it kind of looks cheesy is because everything around it is so nice and top notch that then you have this this little class six dollar easel that somebody probably went down to Walmart and bought, like okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: So you know we need to I'll invest I'll get that up. We need to figure that out. USPI, you need to figure that out. Is that do you have the USBO check already?
Speaker 1: It should be ready or it should be read white and blue with like eagles and shipped on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this we're a little calf by what we can do with these chicks.
Speaker 1: Didn't the USA just win the nation's couplet? Where the USA is back?
Speaker 2: It ain't hockey. See the USA is on TV. It's back, baby. I don't get it. We're back. We're so back.
Speaker 1: Play the whole Cogan theme while you're giving the check, like the whole the whole nine yards, right, come on, there should be like the I mean, I can't stand the national anthem, but what play the national anthem while you present the person with the check at usk.
Speaker 2: First of all, your anthem.
Speaker 3: This is what's funny is I gotta send a video about the Australian anthem and this comedian laying into our anthem. Your anthem is great, and I have listened to YouTube videos of all different artists singing it from like Super Bowl, that kind of thing, you know, like Whitney and Chris Tankleton, all those people.
Speaker 1: I love American an Okay, here's my problem with the anthem. It's not the actual anthem itself. Okay, it's the fact that it's played way too much. It's abused at this point, do you play too Okay, listen when the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the San Francisco forty nine ers. We don't have to spend three minutes on the anthem. The anthem should be reserved for country verse country. National pride is on the line. We don't need it. Like, do you know how off like every single football game, every single NHL game, every single this, every single that there's an anthem.
Speaker 2: It's it's absurd.
Speaker 1: If I were to add up the time that I wasted in my life standing around and doing nothing during the anthem, I mean, it would be an ungodly amount of time. It's outrageous.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna kind of side with you on this. Yeah, it's just it's.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the non stop playing of it. Like listen, if you're playing it right now for this four nations thing that's going on in hockey, Like that makes sense. Yeah, you got USA versus Canada, USA vers Sweden, et cetera, et cetera. Great, I get it, you know, But when it's the Saint Louis Cardinals against the Houston Astros, you know, in freaking June, no one cares. It's like, why am I wasting three minutes of my life standing here for this? Yeah, I'll give you that you know that. That part to me is just.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a real side tangent. But like when I used to play video games, like a couple of years ago, and I play NBA or whatever. So they built in the anthem plane to the games and like you can skip it just process ex skips to the gameplay. I would often just leave the anthem.
Speaker 2: Of course, you're that's that's like, I mean, that's that's weird. You don't have him. Okay, you don't have him is great? Whatever.
Speaker 1: How about this, let's wrap up the winners. So Michael Manchek he won the first event, U Joey Wiseman on the second event. We talked about that already. Adam Hendricks won the third event. That's why he was in contention to possibly win the Cup. Ultimately had to not.
Speaker 2: Work, of course.
Speaker 1: Eric Blair won the fourth event, fifth event, Sergio Ido. He topped Shannon Shore there. Michael Manchek got third. Well done by Texas Mike. He had a really good series. And then this is interesting, Eric Blair one event number six. Eric Blair finished with two wins. Yeah, so what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Buddy? He's doing good?
Speaker 1: Two wins, three cashes his two wins, three cashes better than one win, and three second place finishes. I'm just asking, but you know some people are always like we have. He had two wins and he had one win. That doesn't make any sense. Kristin Foxin she beat Patrick Pads Leonard in event number seven, and then you had Justin Zachi topping Joey Wiseman in the twenty five K. The twenty five K that played out fifty nine entries there one point four to seven five in the prize school, and it was originally four hundred and seventy two thousand up top figure what the original second place was, but Zachie and Wiseman ended up altering the payouts where it was four seventeen for first and three point fifty per second, also cashing in that vet in event you had Clemen Dang third place, Sam Several fourth place, Christian Roberts fifth place, Michael Burke sixth place, Jesse Lonis seventh place, Keith Lear on the Jet Baby Let's Go eighth place, and David Peters in ninth. I believe it was Eric Wasserson Bubbling. I did not know that Eric Washerston's nickname was popcorn.
Speaker 3: I've heard that, Yeah, but I did not know that more commonly e wass poker, I guess than most Yeah, good stuff. To take a random Jesse Leni story real quick. Yeah, you know, played Bostiball this morning. They started a team. Okay, Jesse's in the team, one of the best.
Speaker 1: I think you said he didn't show up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he plays the game, and then he obviously had to come here. So they're playing. I get there, it's like, you know, eight minutes to go, they're winning. My fifteen points, played the most horrendous basketball. For the next to the rest of the game goes to overtime, they're playing. They're playing horrendous anyway, four seconds to go in overtime. Uh, Jesse hits a three pointer from the top of the key, take the lead, and they get the win.
Speaker 2: That's very good, very good.
Speaker 1: As good as he played the nine to four off yesterday, no comment. You and I were standing on the floor watching that hand. I was I was suited, right, wasn't The nine four suit was off suit? Well, man, you got too frustraous. I mean it. It was one of the most outrageous hands that I've ever seen. I mean I'm not you know, I'm not joking at all, like.
Speaker 2: That was white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but there was some some crazy hands.
Speaker 2: You had that one.
Speaker 1: You had the Hendrix bluff, yes, which you said everyone at basketball that you went to was talking about. That was against Harvey Castro. So yeah, some good stuff ultimately came out of this series. So we had in terms of cashes at the series, Let's see who had the most cashes, Joey Weisman had four. Of course you had Keith Lear who had four. Keith Lear, I mean this guy. He so he cashed four times at the Poker Go Cup for three hundred and fifty two thousand dollars. I would be willing to guess that he won another one hundred and fifty km Last long.
Speaker 2: Although he also said he.
Speaker 3: Those are sports bets with ren Leean and there's a pitcher he had out of base with him with maybe forty thousand dollars in his shirt pocket, all paid from Ren Lean and Sportsman.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and I know, like you know, they were on the stream and stuff they were talking about, like he did a five k Last Longer with David Coleman. Most of the lasts long as he does are ten k, but with Rann or with Eric Wassers and he does twenty five k, you know. But also like when he was cashing out today, I heard him say, like.
Speaker 2: He had a losing series.
Speaker 1: How do you have a losing series and cash for three hundred and fifty k?
Speaker 2: I mean you can be in Philosi Bullets season a cat at three, yeah, but three lots of times can be expensive. I don't know, man, that seems like that. That math does not up.
Speaker 3: He's probably talking like cross books and sports bets and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I'm pretty sure he was talking just to tournament straight up tomaments.
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael Burke cashed four times. He's probably someone to look out for.
Speaker 1: In terms of, like, you know, making some noise on the PGT this year. He had a good December, he had a good January, both non PGT related. But now that he's on the PGT and playing this sort of stuff, good stuff there. And I forget, but I think somebody mentioned it might I think it was Brandon Wilson. Poor Jeremie Becker either, one of our guest commentators yesterday said that he's backed by Alex PONOKOFS, in.
Speaker 2: Which I thought was very interesting.
Speaker 1: I would have never guessed that in the Sam Laskowitz had four cashes.
Speaker 2: He was back today.
Speaker 1: I mean this guy, so the fifteen K that was won by Kristin Foxon. So did we talk about this, by the way, on the other pod, so Laskawitz and his girlfriend Melissa what's her last name, Stubert Shubert.
Speaker 2: I think that's right.
Speaker 1: Yes, I always forget. I'm sorry Wlissa if you're listening.
Speaker 2: So she's due with their baby.
Speaker 1: And on the second day of the series, but the first day that we were streaming, he was on stream and somehow they got to talking about it, and you know, he said the do dates today and at the table was like, oh, I'm surprised. And then he was like, yeah, you know, if I make the final table, there's a chance I have to leave tomorrow or whatever. So anyway, he's he's here every day. Point, it's like just a funny running joke that he's just here every day. Well she's sometimes she's in the YouTube chat like it's just the whole thing. Then in this event, I don't even know what time, it was, like nine at night, ten at night, whatever.
Speaker 2: You hear him on the main feature.
Speaker 1: He goes, he like looks at his phone and then he's like, I might have to leave, That's what he says. And we're like okay. So they're playing, and you know he's like checking his phone all the time, you know, all this sort of stuff, and you know, then eventually he leaves, he up and leaves.
Speaker 2: They weren't in.
Speaker 1: The money yet, so in this event, it was a it was even number seven the fifteen thousand dollars buying nolanman hold him. There were eighty six entries. There was like he left what like when there was like eighteen to twenty people left in that round close to the bubble, and he had like when he first like said like I might have to leave, he had a ton of chips. He had like sixty seven, but then he like just lost all the chips. He went from like he had a million of it. He had a million at the time, and he went all the way down to like three hundred k you know, and it was like, oh, he's like, you know, you're thinking, like yo, he's thinking about this other thing. He's not focusing on the pok or whatever. So he's just losing and to listen. But then he like spins it back up to like sixty bicks, so then he's healthy again. Then he's gone. He just literally just leaves. So it was funny because you could definitely tell that some players were aware that he was obviously gone. Others were not aware that he was gone, which was just, you know, really funny. For example, Eric Wasserson had no idea until the next day, which was funny. But as they're playing, like they're on the bubble, right, He's got like a healthy stack on the bubble of like twenty five thirty bigs, and like there's other people with like ten to fifteen bicks. So like, clearly you can't just outweight last quits who's not in his seat.
Speaker 2: You have to do stuff.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he ends up his stack ends up getting into the money, and not only does it get into the money, it ladders up to eighth place. Min cash is thirty two thy two hundred. He gets up to fifty one six hundred somehow. I mean, it was wild. And then also you have to factor in that they're seven handed, okay, and they're playing two tables and they're four and four because we don't join un till they're actually at seven, but one table is actually playing three hand, which is just like wild. So, I mean, I don't know what's happened. I mean, it's just the whole thing was just wacky. But he ends up, you know, he gets blinded out and then you know, you can't even win the final all in and he's out, but he he cashes for fifty one six hundred. So then yesterday we're like watching the final table and whatever, and Joey Wiseman comes over to us and shows us a photo from Sam from the night before where he's laying in like the on the couch that the guys lay on, right. The baby's on the chest, and in his hand is his phone watching the stream, so watching how his stack played out, just I mean wild stuff. Then he shows up today, okay, two days after the baby's born, to collect his path. I mean, I God, blessed poker players.
Speaker 2: Diapers are expensive, man, God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't think he has money.
Speaker 2: He'll be I think the guy will be all right.
Speaker 1: He can buy some divers and he collect his fifty k when it comes to the USP.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, really, but anyway.
Speaker 1: Just just fun crazy stuff here at the Poke Girl Cup. You know, super excited for the Poker gro Tour. You know, I think we're you know, everything's like going in the right direction. Things are on the up and up. Obviously we're going to see what happens with PGT Mixed Games that starts next week, you know, super high rollable mixed. I tried to convince our president Marius Candani, we should just play.
Speaker 2: We should have just listed. So here's here.
Speaker 1: Did we talk about this already? We've talked about it off the pot. But so Maury, because of who he is with the company, his access and all this sort of stuff, he won't play in events if they're going to be stream right. And this is known most notably because at mixed games last time was it last time or two times ago whatever, At one of the last Mixed games he plays an event, he makes the final tape, okay, and because of how he is and he he wants to just always be on the up and up with everything, he's like, no, we're not streaming whole cards, right, So we we do the broadcast with no hole cards, okay, which is just wacky when it comes to mixed games, but whatever, we did it because you know, you just you just want to remove all doubt. Right anyway, he wins the tournament, so great, So for this one super high rollable mix that's coming up. You know, we're planning on streaming all days of the tournament. So Morey's like, well, what are you just not going to show any whole cards? Like more like, who cares?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: But our idea was we should just list it on like poker Steak, get all the audience members, all the fans, you know, everyone out there to you know, ride along with more He's not He's not bad. He plays the mixed games all the time like he's in that crowd, right, I mean, yeah he might not you know, fire on a hundred k or you know, it's I know it's always been like his dream to play the fifty k ppc right, like, but like he should be in there for this, should like he said a two point on dude, So it doesn't matter. He listened at one point, Oh, who evenk cares?
Speaker 2: Because we want to free we're trying to free roll him.
Speaker 1: In that why do we need to free roll? And he'll put up like ten k. He plays a bunch of ten k's all summer, all year long, all the time.
Speaker 2: Sure, we could just try and get one hundred k. Yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's I just thought that would be cool if we got him in, but he obviously turned it down, so whatever, So we got that coming up, We got USPO coming up. We had the Texas Poke Rope and Poo Series. Yes, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I mean we are absolutely jam packed, lots of freaking tournaments. Absolutely love to see it. Thoughts on the Poker Girl Cup surprises, like did anyone not do well? I I will say that Alex Foxon is off to a slow start again in the PGT. He did not do well last year on the PGT. He ultimately qualified for the top forty, but it was like it was not your normal Alex fox in season and now it seems like he's struggling again. Since crushing, he's struggled.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's he would be at the top of the list along with Jeremy Osmas. You know, he had the cash in both Kickoff and Popular Cup, but that's it. Jeremy Becker same thing. Had he had one cash so far this season, So those three are kind of like, you know, especially volume wise, you know, would expect a little bit more for me surprises.
Speaker 2: It's good to see.
Speaker 3: You know, we talked about pads having a big kickoff and potentially playing more events. Obviously he played every event here, so that's a good sign for the upcoming mix game series. I'm not sure what hump he's sure what the plo How much of a PLOW player is I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I know he plays the stuff online. Yeah, we see. He said he's more excited for the next game series than he than he was for this series. So he's he's ready to go.
Speaker 3: And then you know there's a you know, like we always say, you know, we don't really cheer for players, but it's good to see some of these, like what I perceive is more of a fringe buying player that won't always you know, maybe just cap out the ten k's playing a lot more. Uh you know, Nick say that he's sitting seventh right now in the PGT lead aboard. You mentioned Michael Burks. That's someone you we wouldn't really count on playing twenty five k's but the fact he played every event, that's a good sign. So so, you know, seeing some fresh faces, seeing some you know, some some new blood in the studio is always going to be a good thing for the play pool, the ecosystem of PGT.
Speaker 1: Slow starts for you know, I mentioned Alex Fox, and I'm talking about, you know, as PGT season as a whole. Jim Colliby slow start. I mean, I know he hasn't played no, I know he hasn't played the normal Jim Collibe volume. But that's also part of it, right, you know, the volume is a part of Shaun Winter slow start for him. You know, he's usually up there a bit, so you know those two are you know, on the slower side of things. I already mentioned the Alex Fox and Ren Lynn, you know kind of a slow start. He's only got two cashes so far. Forty points. Chino Reem slow start for him.
Speaker 2: Back off of the series. Yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Said, he said, remember last year we were in here, he said, you bet your life. I will qualify for the championship event. Bet your life and slow start for him. He is pumped for this mixame series. So I think we'll see him firing every former winner of the Nixame series. Carry katz uh slow start for him. You know has what you don't want cash so far. Jeremy Becker, you know he's someone who.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I know, variant is the thing in bad beats are thing. I honestly see this guy lose with like aces fucking three times a tournament. It's outrageous. It is ridiculous how much he loses. And he got uh after in the twenty five k in in this this series when he had kings or Sam Soeverl's Jack ten. I mean, it's like, it's just it's wild, how bad I watched this guy wrong. I mean, it's just it's crazy. But you know, maybe that all turns around, of course at some point. Another one, Dylan Wiseman, I think he played one event, so maybe well we see him for mixed games? Will we see him for PLO?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: You know that sort of stuff. I mean, he's I would say he's known more for that sort of stuff than he is for Nolan hold him. You know, So is it just one of those things where I felt like last year, wasn't it Like he got like a hot start and then he's like, well, I guess I gotta play everything type of thing.
Speaker 2: He wanted to kick off the event and he wanted to mix game. He want a sorry you want to kick off event cup event? Want to mix games event, I believe, and then kind of set him up to you know, fire the whole season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, we'll see how things go for him coming up with you know, these series.
Speaker 2: He's much more likely to.
Speaker 1: Play Brandon Wilson, you know, not he last season at Last Chance he did incredible, right, and he's been playing a lot more now on the PGT. You know, he would kind of pop in before, like maybe for the all of that, the twenty five K or whatever. You know, he played the whole series here, so he's here. He was He did commentary as well for an hour or two last night, I guess commentary alongside Breton Jeff and he said this is his favorite place to play poker. So I would expect him to come back to see see much more of him in here for the No Limits stuff. I know he's headed off to Triton, but you know he'll be back as well. Jesse loanies very slow start for him, I would say. I know he final tabled the twenty five K, but pretty slow start overall.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, look, if you change some of the results a ram Zobian not having the breast start to the to the year, either. But if you think about it, if if Zaki doesn't make this final table, Jesse doesn't make this final table, just brutal starts of the season for them. But you know, obviously Jesse adding in seventh, but at least he's on the board, makes the final table. Obviously Zachy break the Hall series but then kind of gets unstuck with a big win to cap off the Poko Cops. So we know how poker works kind of, you know, eves and flows in these ways. So but these guys will bounce back many many poke tone of his fantic play this year.
Speaker 1: Maybe they will, maybe they won't. You never know, man, you never know, You never know. Where's uh, where's Sam solverll.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: He is twenty fifth currently punched in with like Sam soverl Justin Saliva Shannah or Jeremy Osmas is right there. So yeah, Manuel Fritz is also right there, right behind Ozmas bringing him up because you know, maybe he's part of that new blood that we see a bit more of. Christian Roberts. I think, is this guy is electric to play? I mean he if this guy gets a chip lead get out of the way. I mean, I know there was a lot of headlines and a lot of talk about Texas Mike. I mean, yeah, Christian Roberts is right there. I like in terms of like excitement on the felt, this guy absolutely gets after it. So let's see if we see a bunch more of Christian Roberts. I know he's heading back to his home in Panama and then maybe we'll see him for us BO Broken or stuff like that. So yeah, Massado Yoga Sala said he's coming for USBO Broken. Ye he had to win at kickoff, yes, yeah, so it would be great to see Massado back in here. It's also good to see uh Andrew Lichtenberger back in here. Yeah, who didn't play a lot like in the second half of last season. But we haven't seen Steven Chidwick really at all? Have we seen him at all? Haven't he played at any event this season?
Speaker 2: This season?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: Unreal?
Speaker 1: Unreal, Stevie, unreal? All right, you got anything else or are we getting out of here?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You got a code word, password thingy secret code?
Speaker 2: Well, right, this is the last one.
Speaker 3: We'll change it in the next episode when we talk about pg T Mixed Games. But code word is Wiseman the Joey variety. W E, I, S. S M.
Speaker 2: And go to PGT dot com slash gleam Pod and the contests. We are giving you the dream seat in the PGT Championship. The public podcast boys so and to own tickets, come play with the pros. Very simple, let's go nice and easy. That's PGT dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash Gleam, dash Pod, glean Pod, Gleam pode Okay, I like it. And then just PGT dot com slash Gleam and also PGT dot com slash Dream the one with the dream with the D that's where you can see all the different ways that you can win a dream seat. So there's various contests, you know, he's the podcast one for example, is just one of I think six or seven different ways. So and we may add more throughout the year. So just keep it posted.
Speaker 2: You know. That's one of those pages.
Speaker 1: Maybe you want a bookmark and then every time you hear us talk about it, you can pop over there and see what's going on.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Some of them are like, for example, we have a partnership with the Run Good Poker series. If you're somebody who plays in some of their events, there is a pathway to win a dream seat that way. You know, other ones are like our social media contest or our podcast contest, where it's more just completely free to enter, click a couple of buttons online, that sort of thing. So lots of different ways, different pathways to win a dream seat, and hopefully we get some podcast listeners who are winning those because at least as it relates to Tim and I selfishly, that's who we want to see why of course, all right, that's going to do it for us. Once again, Congratulations to Joey Wiseman for becoming the twenty twenty five Poker Go Cup Champion. His name is Tim Duckworth, it's his birthday, Happy birthday. My name is Donnie Peters and we'll talk to you guys later.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Jenny H.