Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was all American Way today.
Speaker 1: And what a beautiful site that was and sound that was right as Kamala Harris had to say and do this before the world.
Speaker 3: The state of the vote for the President of the United States, as delivered to the President of the Senate is as follows. The whole number of the electors appointed to vote for President of the United States is five hundred and thirty eight. Within that whole number, the majority is two hundred and seventy. The votes for President of the United States are as follows.
Speaker 4: Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes. Kamala D.
Speaker 2: Harris, Yeah, that deserves some across. You wanted to just sort of step right urda ah, you gotta let that point of the little bath.
Speaker 3: Kamala DE Harris of the state of California has received two hundred and twenty six votes.
Speaker 1: You know that second part had to be even tougher for and who was cheering on that second part? That must have been the Republicans too, right, And listen, I don't sit here gloating or taking any delight in her misery here because she's a Democrat who lost, That's not the point. The point is she was part of a group. She was part of a group that really undermined America. But by trying to abuse the legal system, employ this lawfare to try to jail somebody they could not beat at the polls, and then even after these multiple assassination attempts, saying some things that went way beyond the bounds, knowing they would increase the danger to him. And so in so many different ways. No, it's not about her person, but it's so good for her to have to do that, and for America in the world to see it, because you know, this is a crossroads.
Speaker 2: Election and and you know, good.
Speaker 1: Defeated good prevailed here. I'm not saying good prevailed over evil, but good prevailed over evil actions, good prevailed over evil policies. And and it's just right and just that she had to stand up there and do that today. Eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. And they we're also talking about here in Colorado phil Weiser declaring for governor. Is that another sign that hey, wait a second, there's an opportunity here for the GOP because obviously Phil Weiser, there's nothing to really commend him as governor.
Speaker 2: Seems like a nice guy.
Speaker 1: I've enjoyed him when we've had him on the show, But I would bet you the biggest stake in town there wasn't a single water cooler today or over the weekend where anybody was talking about, Hey, you see Phil under the governor's race and eight five Z five and two five five and you've got to text me and tell me DA N five seven seven three nine. Why traffic has gotten so much worse in Denver than any other city in the country, Not meaning that we're more congested than every other city, but it's gotten worse faster. And as those stats just came out today, Denver's congestion got twenty percent worse over the course of the past year.
Speaker 2: No other city in America got that much worse in just a year.
Speaker 1: So why what's going on here in the Denver metro let's start on the phone lines with Eric from Denver.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapito Show.
Speaker 1: By the way, projected two to five inches of snow in the metro starting later tonight ending probably late tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome Eric, Hi Dan, you greater mericon Greater.
Speaker 1: American Eric, Yeah, you as well. How did you celebrate the Trump's certification today?
Speaker 5: I still have my banners. I'm gonna have my wife shad you the pictures my banners my driveway.
Speaker 2: Please describe them for everybody.
Speaker 5: I still have them. I am my yard signed. Remember I told you it beautiful, stolen, beautiful. I replaced them and they're still out there in Joe January the twentieth, my brother beautiful.
Speaker 1: I would have such a yard sign, but I value intimacy too much.
Speaker 2: Or well more than the yard sign. I should say, you.
Speaker 5: Told me to be careful, our tendative that you didn't want me to go through when I was mad, But they sole much Trump yard sign.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, before I run out of break, you know what.
Speaker 1: You have to do because you're I remember that beautiful picture you sent me from the where we're all wearing our Trump stuff at a Trump party. You've got to go to the inaugural ball that's coming up on the twentieth that Lynn Cottrell and Bow and the crew are putting on over at the High A Tech Center.
Speaker 2: Take a look at that. I think it's going to be a great party.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mike Boyle over at your other you know, your competitors, he invited me.
Speaker 2: Oh wonderful.
Speaker 1: That'll be a great time. Yeah, Well look forward to seeing you there. Hopefully, hopefully I'll be able to get there.
Speaker 5: I could go to boats. Dan, that's a beautiful invitation coming from you. How could I refuse that? Great American?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Yes? What did you call on? My friend?
Speaker 5: I'm just glad you asked that question right before you from me on the air. It's these ridiculous barriers, my brother, These yellow and white things that are holding up the police force, the ambulance, the fire trucks. My god, you can't squeeze through, and all by the hospitals, for God's sake, Dan, they're all they're everywhere. If I was telling Kelly, you're a great producer that, if I was promotion, love to see Greg Lopez run on that if they had any guts to remove them all and put everything back the way.
Speaker 2: They were great campaign slogan, I'll remove all barriers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the bikes, I mean all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, Eric, if you tried to go through a downtown Denver now and these other places where all of a sudden they've made bikes king and they've carved out all these lanes, bikes only this this yield the bikes, and I might see one bike down there a week other than couriers, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's probably why people don't travel down there, white and yellow barriers for God's sake. Another thing, Dan, that the Democrat, that black. I'm not the councilman. He might have been the curtain or he doesn't he was. I gotta it's a blank, but I knew his name. He was a horrible congressman.
Speaker 2: But he with that.
Speaker 5: Law to where we have to pay seventy five dollars a month for our our tresh cards could be dumped every Thursday. And if the Republicans would you know.
Speaker 2: Just bread and butter and kitchen table issues. Yeah, you do, you pay a fee and Boulder, Dan, Oh, I don't live there.
Speaker 1: I haven't lived there since my wedding day. Literally, I moved on my wedding day.
Speaker 4: Oh where you stay at my brother?
Speaker 2: Well at home? No, we're.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we are down here. Our studio is down here in the Denver text and are Denver part of it? And I literally can get home in a good night three minutes.
Speaker 5: Well, Randy Corporan just moved down there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it's going to be a party, it's going to be a part of Yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: A wonderful man. Guy.
Speaker 1: If I hear loud noise, I'll know it's Randy South. But well, Eric, great talking to you.
Speaker 2: My friends. Off there's no office. Yeah, okay, okay over there on Parker and Yale. Okay, well, Eric, appreciate the call, my friend. I hope we see at that inaugural party. Thanks Dan, thank you, you take care. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Boulder, let's go up there and talk to Kevin. You're on the Dankaplas show.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a few days ago your substitute had on a senator Byron Pelton, and he was talking about Fentandel, Colorado.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, you.
Speaker 7: Know, I live in Boulder now, but I used to live in rocky Ford. And there's a line of small towns from Pueblo to Lamar along the river. And it's well known. And now I don't know if if state authorities know this or county. Uh, maybe you can talk to someone, but it's well known among the locals and the police that there's a chapter of the crew living in rocky Ford and rocky Ford. In rocky Ford, Yeah, and rocky Ford is known to be the center of distribution for Colorado in fentanyl.
Speaker 2: I'd never heard such a thing, and.
Speaker 7: It that's that's what the locals know.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I ask you a quick question, Kevin and I will follow up. Then, we just finished a big case down in Baca County and it's just such rich history down there and everything else. I'm disturbed here this rocky Ford business. But but let me ask you, not a big rocky Ford the Boulder pipeline. How'd you end up in Boulder from rocky Ford.
Speaker 7: Well, I lived in Boulder for a while before I about a place in rocky Ford to invest in.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you're back because Coach Prime brought you back?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Coach Prime brought you back? You wanted to be part of that great resurgence of the CU team. But Kevin appreciate the call check into this Rocky Ford thing. I had not heard that eight five five. I have a two five five the number when we come back. Two things I do want to tell you about this crazy thing that just happened with my car, and it is it is life changing. And again I don't expect anybody to be interested in except me, but it is absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 2: I think i'd seen it all before. And why do you think Denver.
Speaker 1: Has just had the biggest surge in traffic delays of any city in the country.
Speaker 2: What do you think is behind that? You're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 8: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 7: I think that President Trump not only has will, he has all these possibilities and it's not just talk.
Speaker 9: I really count on him and I think that our people really count on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the world's about to change so much for the better. Eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number takes d a N five seven seven three nine and really just had to be inescapable for the left today. I mean, they'd never admit it, right because they view truth and honesty as a weakness. But it has to be crystal clear to them that their whole J six pitch in this election, building their campaign around it, in abortion, et cetera, thoroughly rejected by the American people and very significantly on both fronts as well.
Speaker 2: So how.
Speaker 1: Rich it had to be today not the word they'd use, you know, if Kamala Harris have to stand up there herself and not just announce his incredibly impressive three twelve total, but are really pathetic to twenty six because this was a shellacking and it's not likely to get better for them, particularly when they're just doubling down on this stuff that the American people, they've rendered their verdict that the Democrats lied about Biden. It was a major cover up. It was a reason the Democrats lost, and they're just going to double down on.
Speaker 10: That INTERRITI Well, what do you say to Americans who feel as though you and other top Democrats misled them about President Biden's mental acuity?
Speaker 6: We didn't, And let's look. Let's look at President Biden. He's had an amazing record. The legislation we passed one of the most significant groups of legislation since the New Deal since Lyndon Johnson's Great Society, putting in two hundred and thirty five judges a record, and.
Speaker 2: He's a patriot, he's a great guy.
Speaker 6: And when he stepped down, he did it on his own because he thought it was better not only for the Democratic Party, for the America.
Speaker 2: We should all salute him. We should all salute him.
Speaker 10: Do you feel, as we have this conversation today, that President Biden could serve another four years had he stayed in the race and potentially won.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not going to speculate, as I said, I think his record is a stellar one and he'll go down in history as a really outstanding president.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, just I mean, please keep talking like that. I hope he says that every single day.
Speaker 10: I want to play you a little bit of something you said last year.
Speaker 6: Take a I talk to President Biden, you know, regularly, or sometimes several times in a week, or usually several times in a week. His mental acuity is great, it's fine. It's as good as it's been over the years. All this right wing propaganda that his mental acuity has declined is wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just hope Schumer keeps doing what he's doing because all that stuff, it's interesting, isn't it When you stop and think about it if you kind of share my worldview on things, Everything that the left does that makes us mad helps us win. Now, we still wish they didn't do a lot of those things, because a lot of those things have horrible, irreversible consequences, such as mass killing of the young before birth. But everything they do that makes us mad helps us win because it separates them further from the American people. And the whole point of winning is then to be able to stop them from doing these bad things. And we just took a major step forward today. And listen, I know the certification today with ceremonial, but I think the symbolism carries added importance. Right now, I did want to tell you that wild story about my car, and that is and I'll make it short, but Ryan, you don't know the funny twist on this. But there's this car I always wanted and I just didn't feel right about paying what they charged for it new, so I bought it used and I found the best deal on it, and the best car that fit all my spec set a dealership back in Ohio, and so you know, we're reputable dealership all that good stuff. So I ordered this car up used back in twenty twenty one and then have absolutely loved the car. It's been the best car I think I've ever had. But it always seemed kind of loud to me, and it always seemed just a little loose, just a little loose, but such a great car in so many other ways.
Speaker 2: I kind of did mine.
Speaker 1: And then recently did I tell you this, Ryan, recently it sounded like the bottom was going to fall off the thing, to the point where I just stopped driving it. And then they took it in and they had it in and these are really good texts and everything else. And then they get back and they say, well, we've got to replace this in that, okay. And then they get back to me and say, I don't know, supervisor just stepped in. Long story short, here's what it is, Ryan, And there's a moral to this story.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what it is yet.
Speaker 1: But what they found was this car coming out of the factory. The factory had failed to put a washer in at a key joint on the bottom of the car that holds the entire bottom of the car on and so over the years, because this thing is three years old now, without the washer, it was cutting a hole in that frame on the bottom of the car, so it was growing looser and looser, or is it more loose and more loose anyway, So they kept it. They replaced the whole bottom of the car, put a washer on this time, which the factory hadn't and Ryan, it's the cars three years old.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: I drove it this morning, first time back from the shop.
Speaker 2: It's like a new car.
Speaker 1: It's even better than it ever was, like exponentially better. Note ever well obviously because now it has this critical piece it never yeah, but it's it's just amazing.
Speaker 9: What would have happened had this not been remedy taking care of hernem would have fallen off.
Speaker 8: Literally they told you that.
Speaker 1: No, I made it. I mean it not right, because it sounded like it was about to fall off. But all I'm saying is, I guess the moral of the story is never buy a used car without actually driving it. But I loved this car for two years even without that piece on it. Wow, even if I'd done a test drive, I probably wouldn't have noticed, just because the car was so good. But it's just made me very determined, and I do think it's really wise in many not all cases to buy used you know, just because there's so much depreciation right when it's.
Speaker 2: Really it's the showroom floor and everything else.
Speaker 1: But but I think next time, I'm just going to find, you know, the very best independent inspector I can get, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Dan working on the Martino Show.
Speaker 2: I've got people? Oh you got you do have people? Do you have people?
Speaker 1: I have such great memories of being on the Martino Show, Like back in the day Tom gave me my starting radio.
Speaker 3: I know exactly the person that could have inspected that car before, Yes, okay, before you.
Speaker 2: And it only costs one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: Well that's great, but you know I'd pay more than that to get like the deepest dive inspection possible.
Speaker 2: It is the deepest dive, and especially I buy i've used car. I'm going to do that anyway. I know that's what everybody tuned in for today.
Speaker 1: But when we come back, we have an awful out of ground we want to cover just some fun red hats sound obviously with Trump being certified today and then a lot of big local issues, including what is behind we still haven't I think completely explained this. What are your thoughts on why Denver traffic is getting worse faster than any other city in the country.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capla ship.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast, So thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Ryan. Yeah, we are talking about traffic today because this big study just came out show it's.
Speaker 1: Getting worse in Denver a faster and it's getting worse anywhere else in the country, Like twenty percent worse in the Denver Metro in one year.
Speaker 2: What do you think is behind that?
Speaker 1: Eight five five for zero five eight two five five text d an five seven seven through nine.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I know we talk about a lot of important life and de have stuff on this show, but when it comes to real life, Yeah, the roadways, they affect all of us a ton. We just know by living it, right, And it's not just in Denver, it's most places, not all in Colorado. It is getting worse. And I know we can have different explanations for different places, but let's start with the Denver Metro. What's making it worse here and what is the fix? So talking about that, I told my boring car story which really came down to we discovered three years after I bought it that the factory had failed to put a washer in and a critical joint, and it had been tearing away at the bottom of the frame on the car, and.
Speaker 2: The whole bottom was going to fall off.
Speaker 1: And now that they've fixed it, it's magnificent. The car is just better than new. Dan, I bought a brand new car in two thousand and seven, a month after dealership called me said I hadn't signed one document. It was to acknowledge that I knew the car was damaged and repaired. I was never told that, says Alexa. She returned it and bought a different car. We are starting to sound like Tom Martine's show, right, which is not all bad. I mean that show has been around for a long long time. It was about thirty years ago kind enough to give me my start on radio. I'd been on TV at Channel four as part of his Trouble Shooters show, and boy, you heard it all on that show.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Do you ever work the Troubleshooter Show or listen to the Trouble Show on occasion?
Speaker 2: Yes, you just hear it all.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's coming directions. I don't know how they heard those. Catstualy does it too.
Speaker 2: It is amazing.
Speaker 1: Dan was yesterday, April Fool's Day. Schumer saying Biden was a great president was so laughable. Yeah, I just boy, I just hope Schumer keeps talking like this.
Speaker 10: I want to play you a little bit of something you said last year.
Speaker 2: Take a look.
Speaker 6: I talked to President Biden, you know, regularly, sometimes several times in a week, or usually several times in a week. His mental acuity is great, it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's as good as it's been over the years.
Speaker 6: All this right wing propaganda that his mental acuity has declined is wrong.
Speaker 1: Wow, And you think about, and I think forever as it should be, the credibility of so many on the left, including Schumer, just destroy in the eyes of the American people. I think, guys, tell me if i'm I think that most voters just assume that virtually all there may be some noble exceptions, virtually all elected officials tell some falsehoods, and that's wrong, right, that's just you know, truth will sets you free, and that's wrong. But I think there is a line, and it's like obscenity, you know, when you see it in the minds of voters as a mass, that you just shouldn't lie about anything, But there are certain things you just cannot lie about and keep any credibility with the American voters, and they cover up to hide the fact that the president doesn't have the mental capacity to protect the country and do his job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that the media, the shumers of the world, the pelosis, etc. With a lot of Americans, they're just done and I think it's going to hurt the Democrats for a long time as well. Let's go back up to Beautiful Boulder. Eric, you're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan, I just wanted to give you my theory of why the traffic is getting so bad. Yeah, I think it's a culture. I think it's a culture of speeding and you know, doing wheelies, motorcycle games, driving around doing wheelies on their bikes, and people racing. My wife and I live by I seventy and Wadsworth and during the summer, with the window open, you can hear the just people going matt bonkers on the highways. I don't know it's motorcycles or hot rods, but it goes on for hours and hours and it's so loud that it's got to be people racing on the highways.
Speaker 2: What a great point.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that, Eric, And I think it goes to a broader point we've talked about, which is you've got the left which is undermining law enforcement but not funding law enforcement adequately, not giving law enforcement the support that it needs in other ways. So as the left undermines law enforcement, you're going to have less what enforcement, including on the roadways. And so to Eric's point, yeah, that may contribute in its own way. I think it combines with some other factors. And this brings us to where I thought Eric might go with it as well, which is, you know, you've got this commitment, this extreme commitment to this woke cars are bad thing, and so you've got people like Polis and others on the left going out and doing this really idiotic stuff to try to be anti car and pro bike, for example, saying that oh yeah no, under certain conditions, now bikes don't even have to stop it stop signs, and this insane you know, lane filtering they call it, which is really turned into lane splitting, where motorcyclists can just drive down between cars, you know, on the highway for example. Just stuff like that that just discombobulates our roadways.
Speaker 2: I'll give you an example, Ryan.
Speaker 1: We went down to we went down to the Nutcracker, kind of an annual tradition. My daughter danced and my wife was on you know, the board of the belly and all that stuff. So we go down to the Nutcracker, which is beautifully absolutely beautifully done downtown. As we're walking down, here's this huge herd of us as pedestrians crossing a street. And here comes this girl, probably in her twenties or so, driving right through the middle of us on this scooter. And she's in one of these you know, they've torn up downtown Denver to build these big green striped lanes now as some kind of lefty sociology project. And she's screaming, I have the right of way. I have the right of way as she pinballs off pedestrians and everybody's doing you don't have the right of way because pedestrians always have the right of way. But then I got to thinking, in crazy leftist Denver, was she right now? I can't believe she was, but she believed she was because of all the goofy stuff they've done. I mean, they built this lane. Lord knows how much it costs and it tied up traffic forever. They built this big lane which apparently had her thinking she had the right to plow through pedestrians.
Speaker 9: That's one of the worst things to happen to downtown Denver. And as you know, Dan, I used to drive Uber and lift down there a lot. And when they dumped and that literally, this is what happened. They ambushed this scooter is a function of Lime or Uber or whatever. They just dumped all these scooters. There's no training required all night, there's no license required. These people get on there. They're high as a kite or they're drunk, or they're both. Yeah, and they don't know how to operate this thing. And everybody could see that coming. Yeah, absolutely, everybody could see and go out and try to find the stats.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Every now and then you'll see some stats pop up, But shouldn't they have a comprehensive one source stats for Okay, how many people have been brain damaged on these things? How many people have had surgical fractures? Right on downline? Because everybody could see it come in the day they put that first scooter out there. Oh yeah, no way, somebody who's high or drunk is going to ride on these. No way somebody's going to speed. I mean, you just put it out there knowing you were going to just have a.
Speaker 9: I've had to dodge them so many times down there, and if I wasn't like really paying attention, it wouldn't have been my fault. But they're darting right now in front of traffic and.
Speaker 1: It's nuts, absolutely nuts. Yeah, But everybody knew that the minute they put them out there. And you know what's and I don't mean to get all poetic or anything, but what drives me crazy And that's part of I mean, the job I've done for forty years representing all these injured people and survivors have killed people, which is, where's the humanity?
Speaker 2: I mean, the people.
Speaker 1: Who decided, whether they're city officials, the company, whatever, they decided to dump all these scooters out there. I mean, ever stopped to sink. Wait a second, this is somebody's child. You've got children, this is somebody's child. You know, who's gonna get brain damage for life on this Who's gonna get shredded, who's going to get their limbs broken? All this other terrible stuff? Do you think they even think about that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: For the First, the left, it's about anything to undermine cars, any alternative to cars for the company. It's about maximizing profits. And listen, I understand everything in life carries some risk. You're probably listening in the car and there's real risk there. Right, I'll never be in more danger than I am when I get my car to travel home tonight. I get that, But there's a social utility that outweighs that risk. What is the social utility that outweighs the certainty you're going to have all these broken, shredded bodies, including some dead people, when you dump all these scooters into the middle of a bunch of drunks and eye people. What's the social utility that justifies that carnage? Yeah, but do they even think about that, they even think about the humanity of it?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Eight fi five for zero five A two five five.
Speaker 1: But that is a common streak on the left is I'm not talking about Democrats, but the left that runs that party is just the lack of respect for human life. And we talk about it most often, you know, the mass killing of the young before birth, but it plays out in so many other ways where just these individual human lives just don't have any values to the value to these lefty policymakers. It's just part of their big state worldview. You're on the Dankplas.
Speaker 8: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Snicky Glass, I never heard of her before, but I was watching a clip on X and looks like a pretty good monologue yesterday at the Golden Globes.
Speaker 5: Now, some of you may know me as a stand up comedian and from my appearances on Roast, but I am not here rose to tonight.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that.
Speaker 5: And how could I really You're all so famous, so talented, so powerful.
Speaker 7: I mean, you could really.
Speaker 5: Do anything, I mean except tell the country who to vote for.
Speaker 2: But it's okay, you'll.
Speaker 1: It's just perfect and a perfect timing. Hey, if you just joined us, thank you. We're talking about this big study came out today, National study and showed that the traffic is getting worse in the Denver metro quicker than any other place in the country, like twenty percent worse this year than last year. And we all know it's true just from driving it. But why why is it getting worse? So we're getting specifics from folks and my good friend our text did this. One traffic issue is the fact that Denver is the only major metro area in the country that doesn't have a completed beltway. Golden objected to the route and the northwest portion was never built. Yeah, fascinating on that, and that would make sense. Let's go to Kenon Denver. You're on the dan Kaplosha. I'll get to some texts and well.
Speaker 2: Them can.
Speaker 4: Way dan I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Sure, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Well, longtime listener. Thanks back in the capitalist space. And something that was mentioned earlier about those list scooters is actually has a sticker on them that says they're not supposed to ride them on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: Think anybody ever reads that?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I have.
Speaker 4: I also had a good friend of my sons who have wrote on them as well, and he fell off, not congregated, not drunk, right, right, there's no discraimer on him. But those foods go anywhere from twenty five to thirty miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, it's I mean, you just know it's a meat grinder, right. Whoever dumped those in the middle of Denver, whoever in city government approved they just knew they were about to get a lot of kids, a lot of people shredded, and traffic. Obviously, it interrupts the floid traffic. You got all these things darting around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I live in the Barnum area. I'm sure if you're familiar with that area, but it's basically third in Central was created by P. T. Barnum.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: And whoa, it's it's.
Speaker 2: So it's a circus out there.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I guess it has been a certain sotion. The Bartum Park that is over in that area was created by PG Barnum and it was originally a pinion.
Speaker 1: Wow, what great history. But well, thank you for the call, Kenon, thank you for listening to this show. Yeah, the scooter thing, it's it's just one of those things. And it was I was listening to some tape over the weekend, fascinating tape on righteous anger, because you know, we all try to control our anger, right, But the point of this tape I was listening to is wait a second. Often when you get angry, it's it's just because you are acknowledging your worst and the worth of others. And if you don't get angry at certain things, then there's something wrong with you. And I really think this is one of those things. I mean, if you just have respect for human life and the inherent dignity of human life. All these politicians, corporate types, lefties who decided to just dump all these scooters out in the middle of a city, knowing darn well that they were going to be driven by all young people, also the drunk people, all sorts of high people in and out of traffic, and you're just gonna have a lot, a lot of broken bodies and serious injuries and ruined lives. But they didn't care. It fit their political agenda. It led to some profits whatever, And again I come back to the Yeah, there's danger in everything, including driving cars, but you got to balance social utility and you know freedom, you bet you know. That's the core of the founding of this country. But that doesn't mean that you have to legalize and support and endorse absolutely everything under the sun, no matter how much harm it's going to cause in exchange for very minimal benefit. Like we wouldn't legalize heroin, right, It wouldn't legalize heroin, but the left convinced us, with the help of a few on the right. I think we're well intentioned, but just didn't see where this would actually end. You know, Oh yeah, you gotta legalize this Krakawana. They called it marijuana. It's a freedom thing. But as I pointed out at the time, but you wouldn't legalize heroines, So if it's truly a freedom thing, you can't call it a freedom thing when you wouldn't legalize heroin.
Speaker 2: I had more.
Speaker 1: Respect for the people, as kooky as they were, and it would be suicidal for society. As Elton John just pointed out, the legalization of marijuana has been But the people who just came all the way out and said, yeah, legalize all drugs, right, total nut sell right, But at least they were intellectually consistent. The people who say, no, legalize is marijuana, legalize this high potency pod. It's a freedom thing. But yeah, no, we couldn't legalized crack. Yeah no, it's just someday Hopefully that mistake will get fixed too. Some more text on traffic wide so bad around here. A large part of oid traffic is bad is people camp in the left lane and are oblivious to keep right except to pass and slow. I think some people just do that on purpose. It's some kind of power trip for them. I think we have more traffic because we keep adding toll lanes. Not everyone can afford to pay the price gouging during high traffic times. Fascinating boy, I bet you that that is very, very true. And then we'll follow up on some of these other suggestions tomorrow. We know there needs to be a fix. What is that fix you talk about, like people running for governor and everything else. I've got to believe a lot of those bread and butter issues if somebody could come up with some great, brilliant, workable, true idea that would work. Ry and thank you again. Great to see again you as well. Kelly, join us tomorrow on The Dankapla Show.