Speaker 1: Welcome to Cruise mcafe about Mango, Emily, and today we are joined by one third of Drastic Express, mister fun Sized himself and a Jericho Cruz legend, Marco Stunt. Thank you so much for being on the show today, Margot, how you doing, I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us after such a busy weekend.
Speaker 2: Of course it is. It was absolutely a super busy weekend. I'm still trying to catch up from at about six hours of sleep total whiles in Vegas. That was fun.
Speaker 1: Oh Man.
Speaker 2: Drove straight from the airport to another Memphis Wrestling, did those type things, and then went home and went to bed. Eventually after making the Winter.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, gee, I guess sleep for the weary on that schedule.
Speaker 2: Huh, absolutely, but it.
Speaker 1: Was worth absolutely no. We we watched spring Break. We got to see you come back. It was awesome. So you come out to that crowd. So I'm just gonna have to ask, what was it like coming back to those curtains again as an active wrestler and going in the ring with Jack and kJ and Sam Man.
Speaker 2: Uh So, I don't know that it would have happened had it not been with the people that have with I'm sorry Chris crossed the right. It was, Uh, it is emotional. I was nervous. I was wondering if I could still keep up with with my friends and go with them. But kJ and Jack and Sam work but delight worked with and amazing to be able to come back and be in the ring those three people, specifically now Jack and me being able to tack again and loose sort of just being there driving Jack up, that was something special in its own sense. I got them when we form this tag team. I didn't expect it to turn what it did. Somehow it grew to something bigger than what I think it was supposed to. But it was again and it was and it was cool. And then that's why the friendship I think became so organ because I mean, we all still talk to this day and we're all still good friends. So to be able to come together one more time, whether it was the last time or whatever, it was super cool. That that was I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I think I no pun intended marked out the most when I saw everything go down at GCW and you came back out and you heard Tarzan boy, and the reunion happened, and it was just it was all the feels. I just I was so happy for you and I've just been dying to ask. So, you know, twenty twenty four you had to retire because of your hip and turning everything with your tailbone. So what was the journey like getting cleared again? And what was the journey like knowing you can wrestle? And like you said, I'm fucking back.
Speaker 2: So I started. So I was just having trouble doing daily stuff, like I wasn't working out, stretching or doing anything like sure to take care of myself. So a little very weird ago, I guess. I started like getting back from the gym, and I didn't think it as much as I have in the past five months, I guess. But I was back in the gym just trying to stretch everything out and work everything out. And then I started doing some stuff with Memphis Wrestling. Nothing physical, but it kind of gave me an itch and it was scratching it a little bit. And somehow Joe Janella got to texting one night and I community that I missed everything and that I'd love to have one more to row if I were able to, and then he just hit me with the whole spring break, with the oddomojis and everything. I was like, I don't know, I don't know, and but I tell them I'd love to if I can. So that's kind of how that started. And so I kind of figured, Okay, I guess I gotta take this a little more seriously different really look at coming back, because I was still in a lot of pain. I mean, there's not gonna be a day where I'm not in pain to be wrong, So do the intury spirit real. I just happened to get with somebody that you how to work with me that it's worked with many people like this, and I'm good to go. Now, there's obviously some stuff that I'm gonna have to be cautious on. I can't just go jumping off the Alphanese whenever I want. So there's there's gonna be a little bit of change. But I feel like I'm still the same Marco as I was, not even a better version.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, yeah, it seemed like you were ready to show up. I mean I saw you jumping in out of the ring, especially after that rope break. I was a little concerned for I'm not gonna lie with the rope breaker earlier the night you jumping out and I'm like, oh no, please, Marco, how.
Speaker 2: I got on that did be so mad to double the spring? But we recovered, We recovered. This what we do. Maybe that's what we do, but uh no, it didn't be mad. I myself was first match in two years. But you know, but we still pulled out the land. Okay, that thing did scare me. I didn't know. I didn't know they had broken either until after the show had happened, and I went on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: I was just like, oh man, that's going on that rope back that happened, and I was like, oh man, Like so I was just generally curious. I was like, what was going through? Like emotionally like, okay, I'm gonna test myself. Was that you saying I want to see where I can go? Or was fucking I'm in the ring and I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: Probably a little bit of both, but more so as the ladder.
Speaker 3: I love it, And part of like what I love about you and Jack is your tandem style and the fact that you were still nailing every spot together. Just made my heart so happy because I don't know who came.
Speaker 2: Up with it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can reveal the secrets, but your guys is tandem where like he throws you up and then you head scissor your opponent is wild to me, like, that's my favorite part of wrestling is the literal athleticism and tandem together of tag teams like amazing.
Speaker 2: Just Chef's kiss, I can tell you that year. So we have these moves for years now, since the beginning. I mean, there's a time where we would all get together and we would just hang out and discuss, like what's some cool stuff we can do, And there's still stuff that we have not broken out or stuff that we've broken out like once and never again, and so it'd be cool to get back together and be able to do that again and just show a body this stuff there now on. But no, we wed get together. We got There was a time where we all got together with John morrishon out at a gymnastics out in LA So we all just worked on a bunch of difference and John Morrison was our test Juney and it was really crazy, just like.
Speaker 3: The perfect person too, because he has all the tricks he was.
Speaker 2: Even he was even like a big like a factor in those moods, like because he would he has this mom recently, so what do you guys do is? And so some of those moves are his creation and his web like like all of our minds working together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's got to be crazy. I know, you know, I'm an older wrestling fan hit almost hitting fortieth scary there and just thinking if I grew up and I got to wrestle with Johnny Nitro, Like, how freaking cool must that been to get advice from you know, Jihny Nightshow. I think we all grew up watching him come out with this slow motion of Hollywood Mack and doing that starship pain. So I think that's cool that he kind of inspired that. Were there other wrestlers like that that you watch too? Because I know you're a big, big show guy that's been well documented, but other other wrestlers that you kind of watch them like I want to do like that? That looks fun, I uh man.
Speaker 2: So obviously, like if we're if we're not talking big wrestlers like big humunkus wrestlers like like obviously the big show Brock Wesner Feud was huge to me. But aside from that type of stuff back in the early two thousands, the I think Gorilla and Rings sir of course, because they were small like me, even though I thought one day I was gonna grow up to be seven foot tall stepping over the top rope choke, slamming people and doing whatever the hell I wanted to go pretty closed, I feel like, but uh, I still knew I was a small guy, so I was absolutely in love with like like Paul London. I loved Paul London back in the dead big Jamie Noble fan as well, especially now. I think I respect them more now than I did back then. I think I enjoyed watching them back then, but I didn't realize the influence they actually had in me. With that without going back and read doing all that now you know.
Speaker 1: Is Paul London you're four fifty from? Because I think that was my favorite thing as a kid, seeing the four fifty from Paul London.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't even know, probably so, I guess because he had one of my favorite and I remember so the first time I ever did the four we were in this backyard and it was just this totally green. The packings. It wasn't like it just rained and everything, so the wood was wet. So we just folded up the padding and put it there and I climbed on the on the top of the middle rope and I was learning how to like just like the front flip and everything.
Speaker 4: And we were out there for four or five hours that day. Yeah, it's We probably worked on the four fifty for about two and a half of those and I finally was just hitting it, hitting it, hitting it, But I landed on my head like four five hundred times, it felt like.
Speaker 2: But no, it was that was something that I wanted to learn early on. I've done and I can do shooting stars and stuff, but I've never done in a match. I've never never been like it's on video once and it's on my phone, but I've never hit in a match. I've always been too nervous to I don't want.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say to me personally, anything leaving the ground for one of a couple of seconds will be terrifying. So the fact that you're doing rotations backwards, forward, sideways is incredible to me, and that always will be.
Speaker 2: Ye. I've always been an adrenaline junkie. I like, ever since I was a kid. I remember when I was in like third grade, I taught myself to do a backflip on the bed. I remember my dad, I've ranny Brad my dad and I was I was like, Dad, you watch this, I've a backflip and so and so He's like, okay, what ever, I'm coming because he was like, okay, it's it's my little kid telling me he just did a back flip. And what I used to do before I actually learned how to do a backflip. My my buddy Dalton's over here too, he's over working. But uh so, what I used to do before I learned how to backflip was I would set up pillows on the ground right and I would stand up on the on the back of the couch and I was just jump as far as I could and land on the back of my neck and uh roll backwards and that would be my back flip. And then I learned that he needed to rotate more and uh and uh blame by the way, and everything just starts.
Speaker 1: I love the cameos. That's fantastic, right.
Speaker 2: You're riding for training? No, but so yeah, that was my old guy, if you're so. And I told my dad, Hey, I learned how to do a backslip. He was like, okay, whatever, and then I showed him. I was like and it was like he was like whoa, and he's like, all my mom in there. He's like, you gotta come see this, and then she was freaking out. Stop And now now she thinks everything is great.
Speaker 1: Right now you're doing it for a living having fun with it. Absolutely, that's incredible. So have you had to like think about changing your moose out of your style? I know earlier you said he kind of have tunes. Is there anything that you used to do a lot of but I can't do that move anymore because of the injury or are you looking to kind of just test yourself and see your comfort zone.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah. I think I'm just gonna transition into a gimmick brackets never bump my nose. Everything. I like it.
Speaker 1: No, the old.
Speaker 3: Can't bar You're good.
Speaker 2: Realistically, I feel like if I'm able to place safe and not let people throw you forever and as hard as they want. Outside the rings specifically, Uh, I never was like a like a crazy high flyer, like I would jump. I would. I was a high flyer, but I was like, get around and get away and use what I've had in front of me type of guy. And if it was high blank, it was high blank it was a chair, throw your traps, I'd do that instead, you know, no, no c.
Speaker 1: W style, like all the different styles were playing at the e c W crazy throw the chair, just Darby style, launch yourself here upon it. I love it, use your tools forget.
Speaker 2: The first time I met Mark Hendry, I had writing debut for A and all that and everything. We were just this com con thing we were doing, stressing and because watching Man. But hey, let me tell you, it's just not clicking for me yet. He's like, here's what you need to do. You need to start taking trash cans and throw them at people, you know, just throw them into their face. And I think that's gonna go crazy and and so so I have yet to do that, but a good big coming.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be fantastic. Maybe kJ deserves a little bit of payback there, Maybe uh, the old vlog crew buddy that turned on you, Maybe he's got some receipts coming in the form of trash can where about you can throw at him.
Speaker 2: Hey, I will see him on June twenty. Hey, hey June it pro wrestling dunk in New Jersey. I like it, so keep him out. The Angels and Sammy varg going to be there. Ah. So it's gonna be a little reunion and I'm gonna I'm gonna set Paige on fire. Oh wow, it's gonna be in Fuaco.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. I like it. Oh man, So I think we'd be remiss. Becau's a big part of our show is we call ourselves Cruise of k fave because we started because we went on the second jerich cruise. They taped Dynamite your first cruise as well, And I guess I just want to ask what are your thoughts on the Jericho cruises, because I mean, I feel like people who haven't been on them don't understand how much fun they are.
Speaker 2: It's it's a whole other world when you're on Jared three. I'm sure it's different being a wrestler and and and what, But for me, dude, it was a blast. Like I got to meet a whole bunch of people. To be honest, Like you would think you would make some like post of people off the cruises would be like crazy things and stuff, but it's not like that at all. Like everybody is super chill and just like what's up, dude. I'm like yeah, and like you want to treat them like absolutely, So it was really chill the whole time. Everybody enjoyed everything. Uh, karaoke is off the charts. That's obviously.
Speaker 3: Because of you.
Speaker 1: I lived.
Speaker 2: I don't remember much from the karaoke at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think a lot of people do. It's okay.
Speaker 3: I might have a video of you and our son doing karaoke. I think that's the thing.
Speaker 2: If you find Yeah, that was fun. I got to seeing the Fozzy on stage. I think, what's on that cruise the first night or not the first night, I don't know. It's one of the knives and then the very last set and he brought up a bunch of different people or something like that, and then he gave it by set the following cruise. We also mainvented Dyna Knite on that cruise against the Circle, so his draft Express versus Proud, Powerful and Jeredo. That was such a fun mats Uh.
Speaker 3: You came out in a life vest like yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't let me take it off the boat. Unfortunately, it was I will say that was a child's life best that I got because we were actually changing in the children's like area. So I was just like, hey, this fits me. So I threw it on and that was just my gimmick for the night or for the week and great, and I don't bring it. I need to bring a cruise.
Speaker 1: I love it. No, we I think we said we we'd love to see back on the cruise because it was so fun just walk around shooting the breeze with you. I mean I think one of the meet and greets, you taught our kiddo how to floss. I mean he was only five at the time. You made a fan for life in him because he's like Marco Stunt taught.
Speaker 3: Me how to flys like when he came back from that vacation. I mean, all of us thought we were the coolest thing ever, but our six year old was like cloud nine. You couldn't tell him anything. He was like I met Marcus Stunton Darby Allen, like I'm the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I'll take that.
Speaker 1: And No, I just think, like you said when you sang Sunglass at night. I just remember like there the whole crowd, and it always made me wondering, I'm so glad, and finally asked this question, what is what hits different getting the crowd to sing with you when you're singing or a wrestling pop? Like, what hits different? Because I was like, it's gotta feel different and so cool.
Speaker 2: It's very different. So so I'll say, did you guys want the next group? The following one? So we're not set my set? Yes, we're okay, so not I'll tell you this Wednesday sang like a loss of my actual song that hit different than a wrestling pop for some reason, because I was like, this is something that I made all by myself and these people know it somehow. Ah, and that was cool, uh huh. But a big wrestling popp is it's it's like, it's like when when I think of a big I've gotten, it's when I rost Jack and in my hometown at the Lander cent in South which is not technically in my hometown, it's right next door still hometown. H So when nobody knew I was coming back, and just the irruption of that, that was one of excuse me, surreal feelings in the wrestling pop scenario.
Speaker 1: I think that's awesome. That's one of my fewing me into that open challenge and then even backstage and Lucasaurus kill Switch at the time, but Lucasaurus was lurking and you guys shared that moment, and I just like, I need to see these three back together. There's trios titles.
Speaker 3: I hated Switch. I was so like, obviously I loved it, but I was like, that's not Lucasaurus and I've been a fan of his since the first double or nothing like. I was so disappointed.
Speaker 1: It's the the duck season, rabbit season for kill Switch and lucisaurs for her.
Speaker 3: I always correct him. I'm like, it's Lucasaurus.
Speaker 1: So do you see you guys ever having a trio even if it's maybe not with an ay, do you ever see yourself having a trios match with them doing a full reunion again? Because I know I've been watching that Drastic Express for Union. Fully, when that bus came out at GCW, I was like, there's still hope.
Speaker 2: It's wrestling. You can never say number right.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: I like it, and you had the gear you guys had your match and gear on.
Speaker 1: No absolute I love it and I think it's so fun and when you you know, talk about how you guys are on the cruise and just how fun you guys were in the crowd. And I think that's the biggest thing for me when I watch wrestling, is I like to have fun. Like so many people like to go online and just bash everything, but I like to have fun. It's fun. It's STU wrestlings, the buffet's everything. What's I guess some of the funnest one was that maybe haven't talked about before, like either a w outside, what are something like the funnest moments you've had in wrestling?
Speaker 2: Oh ah, well with Curus is like at the top, because I mean we did that match also with Darby and Private Party where we did the whole uh me and uh I think it's yeah, I think it was. I did the whole run that we did with the whole spot with a drink in our hand and then we nipped up with it and drank together and then we went into a phone another thing, and that is that's my favorite, all doing stuff like that where you can just kind of peel the hurting back and have a little fun and enjoy and understand in the crowd your you know what I mean, Like it's not for everybody. It's not a television spot. That's that's not a timeite like we do that lot. I mean, I guess under the right circumstances, but that's this is a like we're having fun, Like look at look what what what it did for the for everybody those types of spots. I remember, I wrestled Orange Cassidy and Beyond Wrestling like back in twenty eighteen twenty is right to Austin New York jas w Bild where everything shut off me. That was an incredible match. It's just goofy, but it was competitive and that's like, like, that's one of my favorite matches, that's for sure. Uh. Just doing stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I love it. I think I always tell people when they ask about the Jay Cruise, M like, it's the house show. It's very lax, it's fun, everyone's just chillney back. We're all there for the same reason we love wrestling, and I love to hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to tell people there's twenty five hundred people on board, and there's twenty five hundred different experiences we get different experiences. Our son has a different experience. We have like a group of twenty now and we all just like kind of mosy around the boat together throughout the day. And then we have like the k Fab corner where we like to watch wrestling where the gazebo is, so we call it like the k Fab Corner. And there's literally at least twenty of us, and we all have a different experience. Every single one of us meet different people at different times. It's just it's so different and fun.
Speaker 2: Sick. Yeah, it is a lot of experience and it's I feel like something different time too.
Speaker 1: So I think if if Chris can meet that colleague and said, hey, seventh cruise of a seventh cruise, it's hard to stay without stuttering, which is up in November. If you said, hey, Marco, I want you back on board, would you go back on Awesome?
Speaker 3: He's kind of replaced Sarria now, so I mean.
Speaker 1: Another cruise legend. You are a cruise legends. I can tell you. Our friend Rachel was asked with me her and our coach Jeff said he is the MVP of cruise too. And I still hold that you are the MVP of that cruise. But I guess to kind of ask you some questions about your future now that we know you're back, and you know you're obviously you're training right now and you're getting ready for your future. What's kind of next for Marco? What are some of your goals or what are you kind of looking to do now that you're back. Is this like a retirement run. Are you looking to kind of keep going until you have fun with it or don't have any more phone? Excuse me?
Speaker 2: My goal ultimately is to just have fun with it now. I spent a lot of time working to find out what everybody else wanted me to be, uh, what everybody else want to mark you? And so I feel like I understanding who I am and I'll have fun with that, and I just stand what I'm capable of. And it'el like I've got a lot of lots of fruit because I didn't have to human right before I got stooped up. Is very quick, and I do feel like I can go with the best of them, and I can be able to prove that I showed that like that was a flute sign or anything like that. Uh, this guy can go and regardless of myself and not trying to body slamon put to all people like most people want to. I'm sure I get in this business and I love this business, and I'll put on next time. M hmm.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Do you have any like opponents that you're looking to get in the ring with this time around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a few. I'll stay the name of the people to.
Speaker 3: Not call him out, No, but.
Speaker 2: Dude, so I just want to count called me out too. After this week in international had been Joe BLANDA would be wonderful, h I'd really I'd like to wordless sol Jili again like Childre, that would be awesome. I like Rustla addicts covid h. I just I just want to wrestle. I don't I don't necessarily care who it is at this point. I do have goals. I'd like to hold some gold I've never gotten, really hold some golden to be a belt part. But I feel like I'm capable of doing that, and so I want I want to go through that lease at some point.
Speaker 1: Like I said, those are awful shiny.
Speaker 2: I'm never gonna say never to that. I would if if the door broken, I would step through. But I feel like personally, I've got some steps I want to take. Uh huh proved myself as well, and h I got I guess the things I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I love it. No, I think you know when you came out at spring break. I think you could feel that emotion is back, that like you said, you're back, and I love that you have that sentiment and you want to go to work. You want to prove yourself for yourself. I think it's the right attitude. I guess my kind of segue question that is, if you could give your younger self some advice or a younger like aspiring wrestler, any advice that you've learned, what would that be?
Speaker 2: Don't take no financiers. I was told no plenty starting out, A not necessarily know to what I'm wanting to do, but no to whatever make it. But is there a spot on here? Don't listen to your brain win it tells me you can't do it because brain boxed into a lot of I have a big thing. We're about to get in here tram just for something minute. But I do tell them, uh say, we don't retire. I'm not gonna repeat that over note breaking and I said, we don't get tire. It's a metalent I think, uh huh, and I believe. I believe it's the same same thing. Pursuing the old s I slapped off for years to relong with you. I got the I got replaced, and I can acknowledge that down im, I was stupid. I'm not third now and I feel like I'm mature block. Uh yeah in that five sixty years. Uh So you just gotta cheap question and any opportunity that you get, make sure that you take and corson.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome. That's a great message to end on. And then I want to respect your times and you get ready to get in the ring, get some training. So I thank you so much for your time today. Make sure everyone follow at real Marco Stunt on Twitter and excuse me x and see his journey. And thank you again Marco for coming on with us today, and stay safe in the ring and can't wait to see you in some more matches.
Speaker 2: Of course, thank you guys so much for having me this again.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, as your producer and co host Mango here, thank you you so much for tuning into another fantastic episode of Cruision of Kfabe, Emily and I certainly appreciate all the support and love you've shown us. For an ad free experience and exclusive content visits cwkpod dot com. Music provided by the Undone. Emily and Mango would like to thank the Undone for letting us use our title track Misfortune. Misfortune as well as their other songs, are now available wherever you stream or purchase music or by visiting We are the undone dot com and hey, let's get them booked on the Jericho Cruise. They're a great group of guys and uh, they would totally rock the boat. Make sure you follow Emily and I on our socials, actors and okay Fabe on the Facebook and the Instagram, Mango at It's Mango and TikTok and Emily actreus and Okafabe Underscore Emily. You can also visit w dot gg and use promo code Mango and save ten percent on some clean energy. Make sure you like and follow the show. Leave us a five star frog splash of review. But if you don't like us and you don't like the Jericho Cruise, I'm just gonna let a legend himself tell you what We're all doing so
Speaker 3: If you're not down with the Jerichode cruise, we got