Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something.
Speaker 2: Just because my dog.
Speaker 1: Something killed your dog.
Speaker 3: My dog.
Speaker 1: We're flying through the air over the tree.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: How it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog.
Speaker 4: Coming over the fence and he was dead.
Speaker 1: And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars.
Speaker 3: All I saw was my dog coming over the fence.
Speaker 4: Sat what are you putting?
Speaker 3: We got some wonder or something crawling around out here?
Speaker 1: Did you see what it was or was it was? Standing enough. I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Quice you bick.
Speaker 3: Hello, hit the boddy out here, quin, I'm out there.
Speaker 1: I thought of a.
Speaker 3: Bitch about tech forty nine. I don't know easy, am out there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm walking right. Hey.
Speaker 3: I welcome my guest to the show. It is Joey from Maryland. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 1: Thank you appreciate you taking the time to hear me out.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to have you. You got here in a little bit of an unconventional way for the show, because the show is obviously about sitting down talking to people about their encounter stories. But we've had this thing on our website for years. We pay for it every month, and I've talked about it add nauseum on the show, trying to get people to use this function where you can just click a button, talk into your phone or your computer, your tablet, whatever the hell you're using, and just leave us a voicemail. I've absolutely loved those things. That's why I've kept it on the website all these years. We used to do it a lot on that Bigfoot podcast when Wayne and I were co hosting that show together. I would read emails from people that we got all the time about that particular show, my show, his show, and the voicemails were always one of these centralized things that I looked forward to the most. Because you can send an email to somebody and we get tons of emails every day. I get tons of messages on social media, and I respond to all of those, but there's something about hearing somebody's voice. I tell you a little inside Baseball. My day starts the same almost every day. I get up fairly early, usually an hour or so before Danny gets up, and I do my thing I have my coffee and it's my time to get ready for the workday. I get ready to go into whatever I'm going to be doing as far as production that day, interviews, editing, whatever, and I go and look on social media, see what's going on in the world. A bigfoot. Everything in my feed, all of my algorithms are all bigfoot all the time. So that's pretty much what I'm indicated with. But part of that is I go through and I breeze through the emails. That's Danny's job. I don't really get into the emails unless I need to, and we have a fly bagging system. If something needs my attention, it'll get flagged. But that particular morning, just a couple of weeks ago, when you sent that voicemail, I got up, I did my morning thing, I had my coffee, and I made my way into the studio and I opened up the emails and I saw there was an email that had a voicemail attached to it. Okay, I'm going to listen to this. And I got to be honest, man, I sat here, it was probably seven thirty and I clicked your voicemail and I played it. There was a little over three and a half minutes, and I just sat here in stunned silence listening to your voicemail. And I say that because it wasn't really about an encounter. It was about this new book that I've been working on called Bigfoot Country, and I put out the first couple of chapters of that book, and most people that are listening to this right now probably heard. I think I've put out the first three or four parts of that over here. The other show that I do, backwards Bigfoot Stories, I think I'm on part six over there, so I've got a little farther ahead there. I don't like to cross post a lot of stuff on both of the shows because a lot of the listenership listens to both shows, so I try to do different things. But that book, to me, is special, so I've done it in both places, and your voicemail was specifically about that first part of that book that I put out, and I've literally been sitting on writing that book for years because I wanted to incorporate some of my personal story in the book. Because this love of bigfoot, this love of the search for the answers about this creature, started in my childhood. So I was like, how do I do that without boring people? Obviously, nobody wants to hear about my horrible childhood traumas and all the shit that I dealt with as a kid, but it, to me is a very powerful and integral part of the story. So I wrestled with how to do that and be honest because I've always prided myself on the show. I just had a conversation with a guy named Luke recently that's similar to this, even though you have your own encounters and experiences we're going to talk about later and get into. But Luke reached out a couple of weeks ago. This episode literally as we record this today, aired today on Friday, and it was just a conversation about Bigfoot. Luke reached out via email. He said, Hey, man, I've been listening to your show for years. I love what you do. I'm a huge fan of the show. I don't have any encounters. I just want to talk about Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: At the interview. It's really good too, man. It was just a conversation between two people that was a really good show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was hoping that it would resonate as much as it did for me doing the show. As it did with Luke and I having that conversation, because I think he told one encounter that his grandmother had shared with him, and maybe some other stuff that people had shared with him, but nothing really of his own. But I thought it was so impactful just for him to reach out and say, Hey, let's have a conversation about bigfoot. I love talking about bigfoot, right, It was just a sort of an experiment for us. He didn't want to be on the show. That was not his intention. I just said, hey, can I record our conversation because I think it's a powerful way for us to connect about the subject of bigfoot. So when I heard your voicemail, man, I sat here and literally teared up in my studio because that book was and is so much a part of me, right, and to know that it impacted someone the way that it impacted you literally not only changed my day and how I saw the rest of that day, but literally, since that voicemail, I have really had to do sort of a one eighty on the way that I look at the show, because you do this in a vacuum, right. I sit in this little room in our little tiny house, and I talk to people, and I put the show together, and I put it out for people. I never really am able to connect the dots of how it impacts the people that might consume the show. I know what it does for me. I know how important and impactful every conversation I have with every person I interview is. But hearing from someone like you that it does make a difference, it does impact you on a different level. And we're talking to go out a personal level because you connected with my childhood. And for everybody who's heard that, those first couple of parts of the book, i'd say part one through three are pretty much the way that my life went. I didn't embellish there, it wasn't fictionalized. There were some things that were changed here and there in certain ways just to protect other people, so to speak. But by and large, what you hear is my childhood. It is the way that I grew up. It is my life. So I wrestled with that. But part of doing this show for me all these years has been about honesty. When I first started finding evidence, I talked about it with Luke in that episode that aired today. I sat on a lot of evidence because I know how people are going to see that I know how people are going to react to me. When I say I do this, or I found this or I experienced this. It gets looked at through a different lens because of how I'm seen as just an entertainer, as just a podcast in this realm.
Speaker 1: If I may, I'm going to have to stop you there to you are not seen as just an entertainer. You have absolutely no idea how much respect people have for you, how much further you push not only this subject, but those of us that listen to you follow you. It may sound strange, but we love not only you and the work that you're doing. You put yourself out so much in ways you don't understand that. Obviously, I don't know you, but I feel like I know you. I've been listening to you for so long following the stories. I love the podcast. I loved the Sasqutch stuff. Like I said in the voicemail, I loved you. When you opened up in that manner, I connected with you a carter percent. That was it, because then I'm like, dude, you're basically talking about my childhood. I get it. It's a big, put cryptid podcast we're talking about. But you open yourself up in such a way that was just kind of put this. It was so honest that I had absolutely no recourse but to reach out to you because I grew up the same way. My dad was a jerk. I dropped out of high school to help take care of my mother because she had cancer. Listening to you, it went beyond the whole Bigfoot thing. It was like, I can actually relate to this person. We have such similar childhood. See, that's why I used to go into the woods. That's why I had my encounter, because that was my relief was to just deep and go into the woods. Again. You don't understand how you touch people buying. You're a humble person, the way you talk to people, the way you say, the things that you say, and everything else, and you're so honest and open about it that truthfully, that's why I reached out to you, and the same way that you spoke openly, I'm willing to be an open book because of who you are. I got nothing but tons of respect for you.
Speaker 3: I definitely appreciate it. Let's stop being so sappy and get to what everybody I clicked to play for, which is actually going to be hearing an encounter let's get into that. Man, you didn't think it was a big deal, but I think every encounter is huge. Whether it's you heard something, saw something, smelled something felt something, I don't care. It's all datus. Let's get into that. Why don't you take us back to where you were, what you were doing, and tell us what happened to you. All right?
Speaker 1: This is back in the mid late eighties. I was twelve, thirteen years old and almost fifty now. Like I said, I used to go into the woods all the time. It was just a creep Like that little creek a couple of blocks down from my house that I used to go hike into that were deer. I saw a bobcat that was really cool. I ran into a couple of boxes and coyotes, and it was just my thing. That was like my getaway. I used to love going through the creeks and looking for turtles and water snakes, that sort of stuff, just being a little kid. In this one time, I heard a noise behind me. I want to treat like when a squirreled into the bark. So I turned around and start scanning. But it wasn't a squirrel. It was a little white I call it a monkey. People have corrected me on that because it looked like a little chimp. That's what it looked like to me. I was twelve years old, so my knowledge was obviously limited, but that's what it looked like to me. The little thing was coming down at the tree head first. Since the first time I actually spoke about it, I try to remember more about it. I know that there was a limb that it had its little arm on once. It was a left arm that was leaning on the limb, and the other one was just around the tree. We just locked eyes and we just looked at each other. Now, this little thing to me looked like a baby chimp. It was no more two feet from the top of the head to the bottom. Obviously it's got its little legs and stuff, but that was it. It was a trainy little thing. Any way I would see it. It was a big kind of primate monkey, whatever you want to call but I know that it was a bee. We just locked eyes. After we looked at each other for a minute, it went around the tree. I've said before that it went around the tree like a squirrel. It wasn't like head down and it just went around the tree.
Speaker 3: Legged squirrel.
Speaker 1: No, it actually turned and went around. So I come over. I walk out of the creek because I was waiting through the creek looking for stuff. I come out of the creek and go over to the tree, and I circle the tree looking for it, and I couldn't see it again. I don't know if there was a hole in the tree. I don't know if it made it to another tree and jumped away. Well anything, there was no feeling of anything weird. I didn't smell anything. As a matter of fact, I can't even tell you that what I saw was a quote unquote Bigfoot or sasquad. I'm simply telling you what I saw. I don't know what I saw it that that's what it looked like to me. I know that it was not an albino, because the albinos have the red eyes and the pale skin and all that stuff. That little thing did not have any of those characteristics. The hair for the fur was white, but to the best of my recollection and my new this is what thirty years ago, the skin was gray, the eyes were normal, and we just looked at each other. I don't necessarily know what to make of that, because I can't tell you what it was.
Speaker 3: I went home.
Speaker 1: I told my older brother that I saw this thing, and he just looked at me and said, he probably just saw it squirrel man. I left it there. It wasn't like one of those things that it didn't threaten me. It was just something I saw. I had run into a bobcat back then. Bobcat will give you a whoop if you mess with him. I knew better to go mess with a Bobcat. I knew better than to mess with a kyo or something like that. This was just another I thought, just another animal I ran into, and I never thought that it could be anything else. I didn't understand it, but I didn't have bigfoot or cryptis in my mind at that time. It wasn't until I grew up much later in my late thirties early forties started to find out about this big crypting. People started talking about it, and then I started putting things together, and I'm like, wait a minute, I've seen these things. I've heard things in the woods before. That's where I started to put two and two together, and I thought to myself, is that what I saw? Is that what it was? But again, there was no feeling of dread. I didn't see a mom or dadd or, and I just saw that little thing. And that's the only thing I've ever seen. Everything else you can say you circumstantial, because it's just things that I've heard and seen. I'll tell you about how my dogs react to it.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch Outasy. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty two, once I was trying to get into this, I started blasting the Sierra sounds into the back of this creek where we were at for a little bit. We had dogs. I was working with some rescues, so we had more dolls than we do now. Nothing happened for months. I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you that, oh yeah, we got tons of response.
Speaker 3: No we didn't.
Speaker 1: I blasted it, didn't blast it. Nothing happened. All of a sudden, a few months later, I'm taking my dolls out because I leave very early for work. I do electrical work, so I usually i'm up by two forty two forty five in the morning, and I try to leave the house buying about three twenty. So I got to feed the dogs, get everything done, all that other stuff I take the dolls out through the back. They won't come up. They won't come off the back porch, and I'm like, let's go. I don't want to be laid for work.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't come off the back porch. Then behind me, to my I guess if I'm facing the back, to my right, I hear chimps. The sound of chimps, mate. It was an exchange between two entities, I guess I can say that went back and forth. It was very similar to the Sierra sounds at exactly like that, but it was that same kind of vocalization the world like you can tell that there's two entities there. There was an exchange. We might have heard it for ten seconds, that's it. And those dogs would not move off the back porch, so I bring them back in. I'm on my way into work and I call my brother and I tell him, hey, dude, I think I just heard two chimps, and he's sure you did, laughs at me, and I left it there. The thing about it is about a week later, we had gone to bed already and I hear and always wakes me up. So I wake up and what I hear is something like a baseball back hitting a tree because it's just going. But the thing about it is after it would hit whatever it was hitting three times. Talk to other people since then and what it mimicked. Actually, what I came to realize what it mimic is the same way that a gorilla will beat on his chest because they can do that so quickly. Again, Brian, I'm not going to tell you what it was. I'm simply telling you what I've heard and what other people have suggested. I am not telling you that there was a sasquatch there because I don't know what the heck they are. I'm only telling you what happened to me so I wake up. This is going on. I own German line, German blood or to German shepherds. They are trained in protection. Everybody knows that my dogs are very social. But you're not coming up to the house in the middle of the night to start something and not going to get a response. Even the big male I have, who his bed was always next to my bed on the floor, these dogs are laying down and if you look at them, they're basically trying to bury themselves in their bed. Ears back just completely flack, and those are not the dogs that I own. If somebody came to the door and started beating on a tree or knocking on the door, those dogs would have ripped through their floor and been down there, not heartbeat, ready to challenge whatever was doing that. I even had a dog Argentina at that time. All these dogs were buried in their beds trying to and as I sat up picked up the phone in the nightstand to try to record this, and as soon as I picked up the phone, they'd immediately stopped. I don't know how to explain this. People can believe this if they want to, or not if they don't want to. But this feeling just came over me, and all my share just all of a sudden stood up, and I felt this horrible fear that I can't explain. I have seen nothing from literally sitting up in my bed, and this feeling just overwhelmed that my shair stood up. I could sense that there was something that was so angry outside. I don't know how to explain that. Like I said, I had the phone meaningly stop when I had the phone in my hand, so I turned it off and then I see the Knox again. They sound so much further away, and I tried recording it, and I've tried to have that clarified. What's a cell phone inside a room? And by then it was far away, and I'm like, how does something move that far away so quickly? Those are things I can't explain. Again, I'm telling you truth be told, Brian. I'm not going to tell you that was a sasquatch because I never saw anything. I can only tell you what I experienced. I can only tell you how my dogs reacted to it. I don't know what was outside, but I know that it put the fear of God into me and into the dogs. And I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Is that the only kind of experiences that you've had like that, the wood knocking and the vocalizations outside of seeing what you saw when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: No, since then, that's all abound, all these other things. And I remember this one time that, like I told you, I lived in Maryland. There's a Tumick River that's a really damous river in our state, and I used to go fishing, like really early in the morning. I was trying to catch fishing stuff. And I remember this one morning where I pronounce and it's not like I'm not familiar with ounce, but they were on the left side and on the right side of the trail I was walking on, and they were following me. It sounded like they were following me. I didn't hear footsteps, I didn't see anything in the woods. But it was two and I was hooting back and forth as I was walking down the trail, and I won't probably half a mile to the little creek I was going to. Eventually just creeped me out that I turned around and less because I don't know any outlet follows you. But at that point I wasn't thinking anything else. It was just creepy to me. Like I said, on these things I looked back on, I never thought about bigfood sasquatch or anything like that. It was just experiences I've had in my life with those things.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to the siding of this white chimp, black thing that you saw when you were a kid, just for context, so there's no room for people to not understand what's happening here. You weren't at the zoo, and you weren't anywhere where these things would be native. Right, What state were you in when you saw this thing?
Speaker 1: I was simply a twelve year old kid. I'm pretty sure that there are no chimpanzees in Maryland. I'm pretty sure that most chimps are not white. It's simply what I saw. And people have asked me before, how was it coming down head down? I can't answer that question. I can only tell you what I saw. I don't know if it was gripping with its its hands or what it was doing. I was a twelve year old little kid that didn't believe in any of this stuff, didn't know any of this stuff. So that's the only thing I can tell you is I locked eyes with this little tiny thing that to me looked like a chimp. It didn't have the conical head that they claimed the sasquantches have or anything like that. I know it was not a chimp. Chimp wouldn't survive the winters in Maryland, especially in the eighties when we still got snow and cold. I don't know what I saw, Brian, I can't tell you what it was. I'm only telling you what I saw. I don't know what it busts and that's the honest truth.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate that because it reminds me of a couple of things. I go back to Kathy Strain in Area X. I've had Kathy on, I've had Bob, her husband on. They've both seen what they consider to be baby or juvenile sasquatches that are extremely chimp like in the trees in and around Area X. Because it would make sense. Obviously, I've seen these things. I know they're real, so they exist, and if they are existing, there's more than one or two of them, because we get reports from literally all fifty states. These things have to have breeding populations. There has to be males and females. They have to breed to continue to populate the species. Everybody thinks that every bigfoot encounter is this seven to eight foot massive creature, and that's what most people see. But there are this handful of encounters yours, Kathy Strain and Bob Strain and other people have seen these very small creatures that are chimp size and jimp like in Area X. I go back to Paul Freeman's second video. I think it was nineteen ninety two, the Baby Lift video that Paul Freeman captured when he was following this line of footprints that looks like this big ass sasquatch. It's debatable, Doug Hichek has said in the enhanced version of that film, and it does look similar to a possible pregnant female walks across the trail and picks up what looks like a baby chimpanzee off of this tree and just puts it around its waist like you would, or I would a two year old toddler that we're picking up off the floor or something and holding them. It's exactly what it looks like. So I think it is incredible that you got to experience that, because although it is subjective. Obviously I wasn't there. I can't say for certain what you saw and what you didn't see. But what it sounds like you're describing to me is either you saw a chimpanzee or you saw potentially a baby sasquatch. That's what it sounds like to me. It's fascinating to me that out of all these encounter stories, and there's been tons of encounter stories, there's literally those few instances that I can say where there's been something other than now. I've heard people describe five six foot tall and they say, I think that was a juvenile, or people out in the four hundred chain Carpenter out of the four hundred is finding six seven inch foot prints that he's associated with some smaller sasquatches that he's seen in that area that are about four to five feet tall. But it's very rare for anybody to describe something that small. But it would make sense that there has to be babies, right these things are populating. If they're breeding and they're having babies, it sounds like to me that it's potentially what you saw.
Speaker 1: I won't cling to ever have seen a bit put because like I said, I don't know what it was. But the one thing that I find peculiar now as an adult specially, is the fact I circled the whole tree and I didn't see it. Again. That's always stuck in my mind. Just where did it go? Did it jump to another tree when I wasn't looking at it. Did it use the tree to hide while it jumped to another tree? That's what puzzles me. Where did it go? Because even a squirrel, if you turn enough and then you go back in the opposite direction, then you will see the squirrel. And yes, it's going to keep going around the tree. But we'll see it. This little thing went around the tree. I couldn't see it anymore. I didn't find it. Where did the little thing go?
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's a whole nother rabbit hole we could go down. Did it go through a portal? Sit somewhere on the side of the tree. I'm sure somebody out there is screaming right now. It's a portal. I've been telling you that for years. I'm just not there yet. It's interesting too that you're talking about blasting the Sierra Sounds and getting a response what seemed like a delayed response after you play these sounds. I've talked to people, and I've never thought that was a great idea. I'm gonna be honest with you. I have always been fascinated with the Sierra Sounds. I have always gone back and forth on their authenticity. I've been very open and frank about that. I love Ron Morehead dearly. I have never accused, and would never accuse Ron Morehead of hoaxing anything. I don't think he's capable of it. But I've always come at that from the perspective of was it potentially him being hoaxed in that I'm not sure about these sounds, and that only changed for me after hearing them myself. I heard them in October of twenty twenty three when I was up in Radium, BC, Canada, with side standing clear as day. We heard what sounded like sierra sound samurai chatter thirty feet away from us in the woodline where we're sitting around the campfire. Very distinctive, very eerie, very creepy. And by the way, it was the same direction where we had rocks thrown at us for two nights in a row that were hitting the campers behind us as we're sitting around the fire. So the sier sounds have always been interesting to me because I've talked to other people that have had very aggressive experiences after call blasting the Sierra sounds, and I've talked to Ron about that a little bit. And Ron's thing is, look, we don't know what they mean. Right. We recorded them, we've put them out there, but we have no idea what these sounds mean. It could be a mating call, It could be some kind of a war call. It could be a very aggressive male posturing. It could be so many things. So I always caution people, especially if you're going to go out by yourself deep in the wood somewhere. I don't think it's a good idea to carry your boombox out there that you pulled out of the closet from nineteen eighty two and call blast this here sounds while you're sitting in the middle of the woods by yourself. I just want to put that disclaimer out there.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent agree because of the fact that you just said that we don't know if we truly believe that these things have a language. We don't know what they were saying. He could have been mocking wrong, he could have been antagonized wrong. And here we are like a bunch of fools playing its back gap into the woods. So how do we know that we don't have another dominant male say wait, what you're going to talk to me like that? Again? I have actually no idea, so I cannot tell you that it was a sassquitch. But whatever was outside of my home in the tree line, beating on trees and maybe possibly beating on its chest, it scared my dogs and it put the fear of God into me.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more sasquatch otasy well be right back.
Speaker 3: After these messages.
Speaker 1: I could sense the anger, and again I literally sitting up in my bed houn something like that have the ability to put that kind of fear into me or into my animals, who my animals are trying. I don't want people to take this one away, but literally, they are willing to give their lives for protection. I would obviously never let my dogs get hurt. I'm just saying that's the kind of training they have, and they wouldn't move, and they put that kind of fear into me. So I don't think these things are necessarily just flush and blood, because if a grizzly bear showed up, my dogs should still go after it. They chase a black bear off before they chase the coyotes off before. I'm not in the most rural area, but I'm still rural enough that we do have black bears and we do have coyotes, and they have no problem dealing with They're just natural animals and they can deal with it. I couldn't dragged my dogs out that day and face whatever the heck was out there.
Speaker 3: That speaks volumes to me because I've heard so many stories like that about how dogs will respond. I do it with my own dogs. We just put one of our dogs down last month. He was sixteen. I appreciate that we have the two bigger dogs that are still here. And I do that with some of the audio that people send me. I do the dog test. I play it as loud as I can on my computer or my phone or whatever, and see how the dogs react to it. And sometimes the girls don't react at all. But when it's a really weird sound that I don't know what it is, I've gotten some really interesting responses, not necessarily fear responses, but sometimes when I'm just working on audio or something that I'm going to insert into the show, I've had the dogs come in here because they hear what I'm playing and they're giving me a dad, what are you doing? What's that noise? And it's always a good litmus test for me when people send me audio to see how the dogs respond to it, if it's something that they've heard before, maybe not heard before, or I get a different response. I love that dog litmus test. That's why I love to take the girls out when I can to go out. They obviously go out every day with me on the property here, but I travel and do these conferences and do camp outs and other things. I try to take them as much as possible because I think dogs have much more heightened senses and awareness than we do when we're in the woods. It's one of the things I love about going out with Shane Carpenter when we do the Ozark Mountain Bigfoot Conference, which is coming up in October this year, folks, I'd love to see you guys there. We do a camp out after the conference for I think they do it for five days. I usually hang out for two or three of those days after the conference, and Shane always brings his dog out, and he's got a German Shepherd. He's always on point with everything, and he is a very good litmus test for what's going on in the woods. If we hear something weird, if he's acting weird. I'm paying more attention to the dog than I am any of the people around me, because I think that is a great way to tell if something's off in the sauce, so to speak. One last thing, I think it's appropriate since we're talking about the Sierra Sounds here. I haven't talked about this publicly anywhere, really, but I've always been a fan of the Sierra Sounds. I've always loved the Sierra Sounds. I was up at Ron's house what last year doing an interview with him, and we talked a little bit about some of the sounds that he's never released. I think he's got twelve or fourteen hours or so of the Sierra Sounds that he's never put out there publicly. I have some of those here and I've looked for Back in the seventies, there was an LP. I collect vinyl. It's one of my hobbies. We live in a four hundred square foot tiny house, and I think I've got four hundred vinyl records in and around the house, and I've looked for this album that was pressed on vinyl of the Sierra Sounds. I think there was probably fifty copies of this made back in seventy one or seventy two, and I've not been able to find one anywhere to the point I've actually I don't know if I've talked about this publicly or not, but I got scammed a couple of times on Facebook from people who claim they had it, and I sent them like a hundred bucks and I got scammed. I'll admit it, folks. I'm not perfect. That said, I have a great guy here locally that I get records from, and I saw him recently around the holidays, and I was shooting the Breeze with Brent in his store and I pulled up a picture of the album from the Sierra Sounds from the seventies, and as soon as I held my phone up, he said, good luck, dude, you'll never find one. My wife loves Bigfoot and she wants this record so bad and she's looked for it for years. You're never going to find it. So I finally got to thinking. I was like, this is probably a unicorn. I'm never going to get this original pressing of the Sierra Sounds right. But I was sitting here thinking, hey, Ron has all of the sounds. Why don't I just call Ron and see if he'll let me press a new vinyl of the Seer Sounds. Do a side of the Sierra Sounds. I think you could do twenty minutes on each side of a vinyl record. What if we did twenty minutes of unreleased Sierra Sounds that nobody's ever heard, and do like a limited release of I don't know, three hundred vinyls or so. I don't know what we'll do, so I called Run up. To my surprise, he loved the idea, so we're talking back and forth. He had some things going on. He was doing some filming with the new documentary that he's involved in, and I wanted to get through the holidays. But I'm going to circle back to Ron here in the next couple of weeks, and hopefully I'm trying to get it done. I think April eighteenth is Record Store Day. Anybody who collects vinyl knows what record store Day is. I'm trying to have that done before record store Day so we can get the new vinyl pressed with the Sierra Sounds, So if anybody's interested in that, I know everybody's not a vinyl person like me, but just a little inside baseball that I think Ron and I are going to press or new vinyl record with the Sierra Sounds and some of them, if not all of them. I don't even know if we may even do an entire album of limited release Seira Sounds that nobody's ever heard before. So there you go.
Speaker 1: That'd be so cool. I'm in I'll buy it.
Speaker 3: We're working on it. We're working on it, so hopefully that'll happen, man, I appreciate so much, a like I said, taking time to send the voicemail and let me know what you thought about the first part of the book. That kind of stuff is huge. Writing books is a labor of love. Writing books does not pay my bills. I can tell you that I wrote three books in twenty twenty five. I just got Bigfoot Country, the audio book done and I'm putting that out on the show, and I've got the actual book sent off to the publishers. I'm hoping it'll be out in the next couple of weeks. I wrote the second book to Coda's Odyssey. It's still in the process of me going back and doing some chapter rewrites because I'm not exactly happy with the story as it stands. And then I wrote another book called The Bigfoot Journals. I put that out on the show already, but I'm going to turn that into a book as well. Every time I wrote a new book, Danny rolls his eyes and say, okay, whatever, But it's my outlet. It's that escape in the Woods.
Speaker 1: I mean absolutely amazing imagination that I want to tell you that because those books are just absolutely amazing. I've enjoyed. I came on to those podcasts. What I've been able to listen to what you're putting out, you have it definitely an amazing mind. I can tell you that we definitely appreciate the content you're putting out. Man, it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Man, I appreciate you taking time to come on the show.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you one last question, of course, do you believe that when you're exposed to certain things. I'm going to put this that it keeps being a part of your life because I've seen something else too.
Speaker 3: Oh detail.
Speaker 1: This happened last year. I come up a lot to northeastern Maryland to help my sister out with my mom because she's got dementia. So between my wife and my kid, I cut in my weeks in half and come up Peter to help my sister too. And I was leaving because I was doing a night shift at work. I do electrical work. This was in broad daylight, three pm in the afternoon, and as I'm leaving, there's a corridor where a lot of the deer cut through, just moving about and stuff through the neighborhood and stuff. And what I saw was a very large kennine. Now, I know there's no big deal to see in a dog crossing a road. I get that. But I have been working with rescues German Shepherd rescues in particular, since I was in my early twenties, so I know what a big dog looks like. I've worked with great things, great Pyrenees, me King Corso's big dogs like that. I know what a big dog looks like. My current males one hundred pounds. Why that at a certain distance. I know how tiny key looks. And because of other reasons, I can talk to you off the air mine afterdecks, and I want to speak about that. But I went back and I measured the road twenty feet across just a two lay road, so each lane is ten feet. I did not see the head of this dog because of the turn that it was going through a turn, so I didn't see the head. It just caught my hand. I didn't see the head, So basically we're talking from the shoulders back to its rear, and the doll was taking about almost half the road. So that made me get to a point where I went home and I measured my own dog at the shoulder. He's twenty four inches from the shoulders without the neck. From the shoulders back, he's thirty inches. That's not even three feet. How does a dog take up almost ten feet of road? I don't know what I saw. I talked to other people, since you know what they told me that I saw. I don't know that is what I saw. All I can tell you is that I saw an unusually large dog. He was easily at least twice the height of my dog. And for a dog to take up that much space, now we're talking about six seven eight feet long from the shoulder to the rear. And the only reason why I think about it is because there was a person that I've heard what she saw not too far away from here about the tail. And that's what stood out, is was she tail in the way she described it? And I said, that was the same kind of tale. Like I said, I didn't see ahead, I didn't see you neck anything. I just saw a really large dog. So I wonder sometimes I don't know if I've heard you speak on this before or not. If you see something, are you mark or do these things? Having men know where I want to go with this, I guess let me put it this way why I said that, if you see one thing once, you see them again.
Speaker 3: I have talked about this a little bit. Here's what I think, and I certainly don't know any more than anybody else listening right now, but here's what I think. I think it's more of And I used to have this issue when I first started the show of interviewing people that had so many experiences, because I've always just been more interested in the bigfoot stuff. Right, somebody had a big foot encounter. We having a conversation like we are now, and you get towards the end and it's very much like this conversation, there's this other thing that I saw, and then you get into this weird thing, like this gigantic dog that you're talking about that neither of us have an explanation for. And I say to that, I think when I first started hearing stories of people that had potentially had a bigfoot encounter, and they've had a UFO encounter, and then they see a weird dog thing, and then they see a ghost maybe or these other things. And I used to shake a stick and go, I'm not sure about all that. I just want to focus on the bigfoot stuff. I would walk away from some of those conversations and say, I think that person might have been making that up right. That was embellishment. And then I started really looking at my own life. I grew up in hunted houses. I had what I believed to be a demonic experience in that house I was living in when I was twelve, where I also believe I had a Bigfoot experience. I saw UFO when I was sixteen with my mom. I've seen multiple UFOs over the course of my adult life, as recently as last year here on our property. I've heard disembodied voices. I've caught disembodied voices or EVPs during paranormal investigations. And it just hit me one day, I am that person. I am the person that I used to doubt and say, you can't have all of those experiences, just pick one, damn it. But I'm that person. I've had all these experiences, and I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with being marked, so to speak, or if you see one thing, then you're more likely to see something else because you're marked. I think it's just simply you open yourself up when you have an experience that you can explain whatever that is, whether it be an experience in a haunted house or in a haunted cemetery, or you hear an EVP or a disembodied voice, or you see a sasquatch, or you see a UFO, or you're abducted by aliens. I certainly believe many people have been taken by extraterrestrials. I think when you have one of those experiences, whatever that happens to be, whenever it happens in your life, I think it just opens you up to the fact that if that's possible, anything is possible. So you start looking for everything and you become more receptive. I think you open yourself up, even subconsciously, to be more open to those experiences. I tell people all the time when we're driving and I'm not driving somewhere, I'm kind of a control freak. The cop in me always likes to be the driver. But I will ride in a car with someone I trust. Implicitly. If I'm in a car driving with somebody, I may be having a conversation, but I'm always looking up. I'm always looking at the sky. I'm always looking at my surroundings. And I do it because I'm literally looking to see if I see a UFO and it happens. I've seen it several times. We drive to and from the Farmer's Market in Hickory, which is about forty minutes from our house. Saturdays and Wednesdays we go to the farmers market and I'm always looking at the sky, and I've seen some weird shit flying overhead that probably nobody else in and around saw because guess what nobody's doing. They're not looking up. It's like when you go out in the woods a bigfoot researcher or somebody who is into the subject of bigfoot. What are you looking for? You're looking at the ground for footprints, You're looking for tree breaks, you're listening. You're constantly aware in the woods.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back. After these messages. You go to an area where people are just out hiking or playing or doing whatever. Just sit on a bench and watch how people act in the woods. Zero people are paying attention to any of the shit that we are, So I think that is how it happens. I think that's what happens to people. You become more hypervigilant about everything because you're open to it, and that's when you see things because you're paying attention. Could anybody have came around the corner and saw this giant dog that you saw. Sure, you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or the right place at the right time, depending on how you're looking at it. And I think it's the same thing with sasquatch experiences. I think it's the same thing with UFOs. We were out looking for Bigfoot in Radium back in twenty twenty three in October, but we were looking up. We were bored. There was nothing going on. There was no vocalizations happening, there was no tree knocks, it was nothing happening. We were just three guys sitting around the fire talking. But we're all looking up at this beautiful sky above us and we're watching skyneck come across. We're watching the satellites, and then we see these UFOs that we watched for another hour, probably an hour and a half. We watched these things dance around and do this crazy stuff that they were doing. But had we not been looking up, nobody would have seen it. I think it's just that simple. That was a long ass winded way to say, I think you're the person who looks up. I know that doesn't make sense for everything, but that's the simplest way that I can put it. I think you're the person that looks up. I think you're the person that looks around, and you're open to that. And here's the other thing. I think that happens too, and it happened. I think to you, you had this experience when you were twelve. I had an experience when I was twelve. I go through life. I'm in the woods all the time, we live in the woods. Weird shit happens all the time in the woods. You just say, ah, yeah, that was a woodpecker. Oh that's this. We dismiss a lot of things that we don't understand because the alternative means so many different things. Right, If you try to explain that, people think you're crazy. If you start looking into it, you think you're crazy. So I think people just have some experiences that they don't know how to explain, and they just chalk it up to I'm just not going to talk about that, or that was a perfectly normal thing. Yeah. Most dogs are seven feet long. Yeah, most dogs are forty eight inches at the shoulder. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I'm just gonna go back to work, or I'm going to go make dinner or whatever. I think it's the same thing, this weird thing. And I know you've heard enough of encounter stories. If you've listened to my show long enough, you hear people talk about having an encounter and they just go back to their tent and go to sleep. Isn't that the weirdest thing in the world. You saw a big, giant, hairy monkey outside your tent and your reaction is to go to sleep. There are people that postulate and have said to me, I think it's infrasound. I think they have the ability to do that. Somehow they're doing something that makes you hired physically. I've heard that from so many people. I've never experienced that personally, but a ton of people have. But how many people have those experiences and they just go to sleep and tell themselves they were dreaming, They didn't really see what they saw before they got sleepy. I know this is a rabbit hole, this is a slippery slope, but I think that's what it boils down to. I don't think you're marked. I think that would imply some things. Some people believe that these creatures show themselves to certain people because they can read your energy. And I think on some level that is true. You're a dog person, so you totally get that dogs are all about energy. I've worked with dogs my entire life. I see people who don't know how to be around dogs or how to deal with dogs, and it drives me insane. And it's ninety eight percent of it is just your energy. It's the way you present yourself, it's the way you stand, it's the way you physically emote towards an animal. They react to that stuff, and I think these creatures are very similar. They're animals just like us. We do the same thing. How many times you walk in a room full of people, there's twenty people in there, and you immediately gravitate to one person in the room, or you immediately go to the opposite corner from one person that you don't even know. You've never met them, you've never exchanged a word with them. You just don't like them. There's a reason for that. That person is probably a psychopath. They may have people tied up in their basement. I joke about it all the time when we go out and I see somebody, I'm like, you know that dude that was over the corner. Stead, Yeah, that dude's a serial killer. Guarantee you.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right. I've had my dog. Yes, he's training and protection, but he is one of the nicest, sweetest. He wants nothing but for people to pet him. And he meant this one person one time. So he just looked at him and immediately he starts growling. Just looked at him, and that just didn't deep down, I'm about the best you up and I'm like, where did that come from? As soon as he does that, then I'm thinking there's no reason for me to get to know you then, because if he doesn't trust you, I'm not going to trust you.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. Yep. If you're a dog person, you get it. If my dog doesn't like you, I'm probably not gonna like you. It's just that simple.
Speaker 2: They say, you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be world up it.
Speaker 5: Try this job that chart everything Joy for me?
Speaker 2: Joy stay right ways as inside and.
Speaker 5: Stass side and still start said, start said, so stands side sad inside side still stay still.
Speaker 6: Says psste pas feiously, dists and things fast used to the star.
Speaker 5: Instance