Speaker 1: We're joined today by two familiar names and two familiar faces, Judy Maggio and Leslie Roadie, who you hear every week with ATX good News. Now they're joining us live to talk about some good things that are happening right here in Austin, Texas. You guys are doing something great with this. By the way, it's good to have good news out there. It's pretty easy to find bad news, so spreading good cheers is a good thing.
Speaker 2: Because we wanted something in everyone's social media feed to be uplifting and inspiring and happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody has to go googling bad news.
Speaker 1: So you're right, you're right, You're right. So there's something coming up this week that's a healthy food pantry. This is an interesting take. Tell us about it.
Speaker 2: Well, we wanted to do something to talk about amplify Austin and how more than seven hundred nonprofits benefit from this one day of Giving March fifth and sixth and Austin through I Live Here, I Give here, And this was just one example of a great nonprofit foundation communities offering up something special to the people that live in their communities. There for low income families, veterans, disabled people, and this is a way they can shop for healthy foods which aren't usually available in a lot of the low income neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: And Foundation Communities has these affordable housing complexes and apartments around the city. And we met in this story the rivera family, a mom and two children who were going to the healthy food pantry to get just the food that they need for the week. And she talks about how much it opens up her eyes about nutritious food and how kids can really eat nutritious food if you just give them the chance. So it's a great story of yes of how this nonprofit, one of them, through Amplify Austin, is literally feeding the families of Austin.
Speaker 1: Maybe Tricia can share with them how she tricked our daughter into eating spinach for years and years until.
Speaker 4: When landry was a tiny landry and she couldn't read. I bought her spinach pizza like Amy's, you know, the all natural spinach pizza. But she always told me she does not like spinach, so I told her it was broccoli pizza and she ate it for years. And I do specifically remember the day that I took it out and she looked at it and she was like that doesn't say broccoli. I was able to trigger because she can read the box.
Speaker 2: She's gonna she's gonna bring that up on your deathbed.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I liked her at a very young age. I was like, but maybe you like spinach.
Speaker 1: She was like, uh, Judy Maggio, Leslie Roadie our guest today. You can find them on social media and on YouTube. And because I always one of my biggest fears in broadcasting is getting a name wrong, and now you got to get social media handles correct too, So I'm going to leave it to you guys to tell them where they can find you on social media.
Speaker 2: Okay, ATX good News now on Facebook, but the rest is just ATX good News and of course our website, right, Leslie, that's something new.
Speaker 3: It's it's new. It's up there and you can get to us through atx good news dot com and you can also more importantly send us your good news stories of things that you see happening in your community via the website.
Speaker 1: One last question on the Healthy Food Pantry. Is this new this year? Is this its first year? Has it been around and who started it?
Speaker 2: And it's something that they offer throughout their Communities. Poundation Communities offers these healthy food pantries throughout the city at the various communities where people live in Foundation Communities.
Speaker 1: And again, great they are and they're open you said Monday.
Speaker 2: I think it's a couple of times a month, thank offerings. And I think people in the public who don't live in the communities can also come and get fresh produce and good nutritious food.
Speaker 3: And again that's just one example of a nonprofit taking part in Amplify Austin March fifth and sixth. Then you can give to your favorite nonprofit. I think it starts at six pm the fifth and it lasts through six pm the next day. You'll see that all over social media too, here in the Austin area.
Speaker 1: All right, Leslie, Judy, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you soon.