Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome back to the fire Escape Cast. It is episode one o eight. I'm Mike Mahardy, your host has always here with Dan Riker, who's currently sucking on a straw.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, cocktail, it made one. It's good that like Yoda. Yeah, I don't know what is it? Trade winds?
Speaker 1: Oh? I know, trade wins?
Speaker 2: How is it?
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good.
Speaker 2: You get supposed to an upside down umbrella in it like it got blown up from the trade winds.
Speaker 1: You see. Yeah? Yeah, what Uh that's rum based?
Speaker 2: Rum based introduced Mary.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get to it. That's Mary.
Speaker 2: Well, I just got a bunch of more.
Speaker 4: Uh, Mary, what do you want with the intros? I never get the same enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: All right, let's start. You just blow past me. Hello, everybody, Welcome back to the fire Escape Cast.
Speaker 1: It's episode one hundred eight.
Speaker 2: I'm Mike Mahardy here as always.
Speaker 3: With that's Dan Riker.
Speaker 1: Ma kay, Finally, what the fuck is Dan drinking with his fucking stupid, little fucking umbrella? Oh my goodness, you'd be proud of me. My bar is more stock.
Speaker 2: Now I got tomorrow, Cosino, I got Appara Tief Liony or soda.
Speaker 1: You know, you know.
Speaker 2: I got some no Nino. I got some crim Day banana. I got all sorts of like good stuff I've had out Like with Amazon Prime, I could deliver from a local big liquor store and so I just clicked a whole bunch of different mixers and liqueurs and stuff like that, and it's delicious.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite thing you made?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I always forget the names. Uh, But yeah, I don't know. It's all good stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, can we go back to crim Day banana da banana?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's good. I'm just saying it like the fucking Donkey Kong sixty.
Speaker 2: Four old bud. But that probably heard it more than that context. Yeah, Now I like I like nutty liqueurs. It turns out that's good stuff. Well, okay, let's see here. Let me let me tell you exactly what I got, Mike.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me what a lot of tiki drinks have that nutty like base before you get a fruity Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got amorro siok crro. I got some old forest or. I got some Lazaro. What's that I got that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: I got some liny a quavit, got some Johnny Walker green some Avarna amorro.
Speaker 1: Fugit crim day banana. Time flies, that's what I said. And you've seen weltmore Oh yeah, yeah yah, he said. That's that's the school's motto. It's tempest fuge. It means time flies and Latin. You've got fucking Dan coming to here with this Latin.
Speaker 2: And you say velvit velvet falerum.
Speaker 3: I got that too, belfalerum is good.
Speaker 1: You can. I could send you a recipe to make your own. That's generally I'll just buy it.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: No, the di why is better?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? Okay, because they like kind of do some clarification in the bottle that I don't love. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We don't need to get into this, Mary, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm drinking too. I'm drinking a moscow mule.
Speaker 2: Oh alakai mule. I made that recently.
Speaker 1: That was very I don't know if I agree with the problem is drink right now. But that's fine. I've been on Ukraine side, but that's just me. I know you have different leanings these days.
Speaker 4: We do love these political podcasts.
Speaker 2: I'm from Margaritaville.
Speaker 4: Brother, Yeah, they're neutral like Sweden.
Speaker 2: What's the tariff Margaritaville.
Speaker 4: Right, everybody's a friend in Margaritaville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Russia's welcome with open arms in Margaritaville. It's like everybody else, level playing field. It's all easie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless you don't like salt on the rim, then you can rotten hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, insault on the room. I like all sorts of dusty fun flavors on the rim. I think you can like lick the side of the glass like a weirdo, but I still like the taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can also just like put that part in your mouth when you drink it.
Speaker 1: But sometimes it goes like real deep, Like I got something that I'm not a fan of that I had to show a tongue the whole deal. Yeah, yeah, that's like that. I don't care for that. I would appreciate if people stopped from Northern Rohn really.
Speaker 4: Think that the Army of Margaritaville would.
Speaker 2: Be like, I mean, the fatigues are definitely Hawaiian. The Hawaiian shirts, travel flip flops.
Speaker 4: It's all Hawaiian straw hats, crawling on the ground, led by four star Margeritaville General Mike Manatti.
Speaker 1: Yes, the patent speech in front of a big Jimmy Buffett flag. The most violent weapon they'd have is like umbrella spears.
Speaker 3: They could do harpoon guns, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brutal way to die is through the heart with.
Speaker 2: An umbrella.
Speaker 1: Open it. Yeah, yeah, smart, Yeah, that's more. That's more just to like ward off other people. They are coming at you. You get you see your friend taking umbrella through the heart. You're not going anywhere close to the guy who did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like the men from Margueriteaville fight with the strength of ten regular men.
Speaker 2: Imagine drunk men.
Speaker 1: Imagine thirty years later, like in movies when they're showing the like translucent overlay of what happened over the guy who's clearly lost in PTSD thought. Imagine the guy just kind of having an episode and then you just see like men in Hawaiian shirts spearing people with umbrellas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eating cheeseburgers in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Set to the song where William Dafoe is getting machine gun from the helicopter the horror. Yeah, no, were you a place far away in a time long ago.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you never have to see it.
Speaker 4: I said, no umbrellas to me, take it away.
Speaker 1: I said, no open toad shoes. Cassandra reminds me of when my friend took one to the foot. We should start an improv troop.
Speaker 2: It'd be great. That's what everybody wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been clamoring more improv troops is what the world needs.
Speaker 2: We'll do. We'll do a new tier. We're gonna do an improv troop, a new tier. I thought you said nude tears. Nude improv is the gimmick.
Speaker 1: So it's like, yeah, nude computer, load up, nude tear please.
Speaker 4: No, that's the computer refuses.
Speaker 2: Sparks, fly out and kills itself.
Speaker 1: We talk all the time about the Firehouse nude calendar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we never did it.
Speaker 4: Fires Cape nude calendar. I want to do that since I to have the the sexiest men of games journalism. And it's just like Minati with his like little little shorts looking behind him, surprised, you know, like one of those people just like nipping at the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a dog. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Would buy it.
Speaker 5: I probably wouldn't hang it, but I would buy it. I would support this the hottest men case.
Speaker 2: I mean many would buy that because we have heard from Mike MANAUGHTI that he gets some salacious emails from people looking for a certain type.
Speaker 4: There's a term for it, and he's that type of a certain type.
Speaker 2: He is that type.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's had to say on streams like please stop sending me emails about wanting things from me because I happened to fit a certain type. Interesting. Yeah, okay, the bear is what I hear. Oh I thought I thought you're talking more specific.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, just bear. He's just a hairy guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the bowling teams that I bowl against are the spare are the spear Bear.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's good. Lohans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mary, do you like how anytime you post a bowling image or image story I respond full penetration because I think that name was better.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'm glad somebody liked it because it wasn't very popular when I said it. But Amanda actually had the best response when we posted the picture, and she said, you can't split with us. Oh nice, she's smarter than all of us.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because it's a reference to a Lindsay Lohan movie being gone.
Speaker 2: Oh, the bowling. I know the bowling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of the well you should see it's one of the greatest movie.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard it's good.
Speaker 4: It's very good, but it has the bowling. Names are very important.
Speaker 5: And one of the names on a that we were competing against, they were just Team four and we were like, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Why you guys come up with.
Speaker 5: A good name, And they were like we did and it got rejected, and so we in protest refuse to come up with another name and said what was.
Speaker 4: Your canceled name? And they said it was seven to ten.
Speaker 1: Split is a weed reference in Portly, they were they took on bridge with.
Speaker 4: That and legal here that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like raised before anybody else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's no different than having a beer reference, which people do all the time.
Speaker 2: I think even with like weed being legalized, I think there are still like people that have not come around to it. It's like my dad still doesn't understand that, like if it's legal, you can just smoke in a park, you can smoke and wherever you can smoke a cigarette. It's like, no, this is no way that's true. And it's like, yeah, you can, Like some people just cannot fathom the idea that it's legal now.
Speaker 1: But in Portland, Oregon, I think of all places they'd be.
Speaker 4: All drugs are legal here, Like, it's crazy, all drugs legal or decriminalized, criminalized.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well weed is legal, yes, heroines decriminalized.
Speaker 3: I'm saying this is a as if. I know.
Speaker 1: I read one Times article like six months ago, and it sounds like it was not going well.
Speaker 4: But yes, they still they're still they're still doing crime.
Speaker 2: Wait, so what's the what's not going well about it? Is like crime up.
Speaker 4: I think the idea behind it was stop putting them in jail and start putting them in rehab centers where people who are like addicts actually genuinely need it. I'm not really good at this stuff and do my best to describe it, which is just like essentially we decriminalized it, but there's just not enough centers open for people who like need them. And there's the other subset of people who are like I don't want to be rehabilitated. I want drugs, to have my drugs, and so it doesn't satisfy for that need either. So like some people just need to go to jail.
Speaker 5: You know what, I mean, like some people like they don't want they don't want to get better, they don't want housing, they would like to do crime and do drugs, and we can't help them.
Speaker 2: So all right, Mary, not to put you on spot, we will need you to propose a clear solution right now, right now.
Speaker 5: I think what other states did was they put them on a bus and shipped them to another state and made it someone else's fucking problem, which I think is evil as shit. And then I feel like some other states solution is just they're really cold and then all the people freeze off in the winter and then they start again each spring.
Speaker 1: So yes, there's like frost punk in New York City.
Speaker 5: Like I'm not a mayor, Like, I don't know what you're supposed to fucking do, but my thought is, genuinely, if you're refusing treatment.
Speaker 4: To jail, that's how I feel.
Speaker 5: Like, if you really genuinely don't want to get better and you're just sitting there shooting up to jail, that's how I feel.
Speaker 4: I think you should go to rehab.
Speaker 5: And if you don't want to, then you know, like sit in sit in this square.
Speaker 1: So first, all of a sudden, Trump accepts this flying fucking fortress. And then all of a sudden, Biden's back answer and then next thing, you know, I don't know to a flying fortress. He accepted a flying fortress, accepted it. He's doctor Robotnik.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically, wait, are is this news to you?
Speaker 1: He's becoming sorry, he has a flying fortress. Yes, this is news to me. All right, before we get off politics, because I think this threatens to go off the rails.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's wait to saving for the politics section here of the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest bribe in presidential history. He's accepting from Qatar, Kater, how do they want to pronounce a like their luxury flying fucking mansion, and he's making air Force one that I can't make way stuff up?
Speaker 2: Seriously, I guess you've been busy with giant bombs. I've been busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because he used to always read the New York Times every morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, so he is formally here's the New York Times to Robotnik by by the day. Yes, I mean, if we got to deal with him, I guess it would be funnier if he was doctor Robotnik, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then it it makes the villainy like.
Speaker 1: Kind of like it smooths the edges.
Speaker 4: Or I really want to know how funny it is.
Speaker 5: I really want to know that the person that's gonna fucking kill me and take away my citizenship has some kind of comedic mustache.
Speaker 2: Anyway doing the start plane fucking rules.
Speaker 1: This is a big plane. Yeah no, yeah, he's yeah, you can just do that.
Speaker 4: No you're not.
Speaker 2: I guess so, well, no, not if they offered it to not Saudi Ara. What if it's like the plane company offered it to me as a internet beloved video gamesman, I take that. Yeah, I guess you could. Yeah, it's not your It would be less of an issue if I took an air fortress, then the president, I think, so okay, yes, well it's an option airplane people, Yeah, hit up Saudi Arabia. No, just bowing. I'll just deal directly with whoever it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're close contact with Boeing.
Speaker 2: Sure people blood where we already did politics? What about health? Let's get people health advice. Oh I've been so, I've been a bunch of dark blood.
Speaker 1: Mucus has been coming out of my nose for a week and then it stopped, and now it's.
Speaker 2: Coming out of my throat.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: I was in the shower and a bunch of like like just dark, gross, thick blood came out of my throat.
Speaker 4: Dare doctor when blood comes out of you?
Speaker 2: But it's like I had a cold. And so I did do like a video call and be like, hey, check out this gross picture. And she was like, look, it's probably just like irritated nasal passages.
Speaker 1: She was this doctor on the video call. A doctor said, it's fine that you're said, it's like it's like it's not actively like gushing. It's not like it just seems like it's old dried blood, but it's like very dark.
Speaker 2: It's like it's weird. I got a couple of things going on. Look you open this door. I got gross dark blood coming out of my nose and throat. And also my shits are looking like poppy seed muffins. There's like a million fucking little black seeds in my turn birds today, and my farts are real bad.
Speaker 1: Do you have any theories as to what the poppy seed? Ask the poppy seeds? I ate two bananas yesterday. I normally have a maximum of one banana banana, and.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's all your banana liquor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y all that crumbed to banana.
Speaker 2: The banana runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm hoping it is just banana seeds in my ship.
Speaker 2: And that's just been today. The fart's been bad for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: It's a banana seed.
Speaker 2: There's seeds. There's a little black seeds in there. And I had a bunch of quine wa yesterday. I had a bunch of kin one tonight. But normally I can digest it fine.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping my bust and blood and have it in costello.
Speaker 2: I had a bunch of quine wa tonight. Yeah, banana.
Speaker 1: But I'm not like actively in a bunch of pain.
Speaker 2: I'm just my stomach's been weird and rumbly, and I'm just bleeding out of holes in my head.
Speaker 5: I just don't think that you're ever supposed to bleed out of any hole.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I'm feeling.
Speaker 2: I started running like I'm full on training now for the marathon. So it's like four miles a day, three yesterday, six on Sunday. Like I'm running. I'm good. I'm feeling.
Speaker 5: Doesn't mean that you are allowed to bleed.
Speaker 2: It gets the blood out just squeezing.
Speaker 1: The boy doesn't cancel anything else out of it's making me less fat, and so it's squeezing all the excess goop out of my body through my holes. You know that.
Speaker 4: Where they say that pain is just uh, the body, blood is just.
Speaker 2: Blood is fat leaving the body.
Speaker 4: It's your fucking blood leaving the body, and you need it.
Speaker 3: You don't die. They go to hell to regroup.
Speaker 2: No, I really think it's okay. I do think it's okay. It's gross. Look I got do you want to see pictures?
Speaker 1: No? Do?
Speaker 4: Your action looks like a muffin? Like is it muffin shaped?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just like if a muff if if a poppy seed muffin was turd shaped. Hey all, you hundreds of new patrons, get out on our video. That's oh, here's here's a wait wait wait, wait, wait prep me. Is this the blood stuff or is this the puppet? Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's your dog, doctor said, that's probably fine a video call doctor.
Speaker 2: Here's another one from yeah, like this is like it's thick. Oh my god, yeah, are you fine?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: That was from my nose. Now it's coming out of my throat, which I think is better because it's moving down. Yeah, that's farther from my brain.
Speaker 4: Keep it away from your heart.
Speaker 2: If I keep it just out coming out of the mouth hole, then that's the middle point of the brain and the heart.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think you should get a second opinion.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm in between what situations right now.
Speaker 3: Serious enough to consider.
Speaker 2: Though I feel fine, well the outside I do have I have been having crippling etaches behind my eyes and stuff.
Speaker 1: But oh my god, dude, well look.
Speaker 2: I was descending into Montreal and then I had incredibly oh let me show you this fucking picture ended into montrealre.
Speaker 3: Like fucking fandom was holding you together, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so you insurance. I love sending in Montreal, and like I had like a nose stuffy situation. So I started getting serious pain in my ears and then like the sharpest pain ever behind my right eyebrow. So for like three minutes, yeah, yeah, while it was all blocked up and everything. That's the north aerro sinusciitis or whatever. But then I land and it's the different countries. So they make you take a picture for your passport thing and all that. And I was not trying to make a face when they took my photo at the thing. But this is what they have on file for me landing in Montreal. Damn, you look like respute.
Speaker 1: And what is this? That's the worst photo of me that's ever You look like the NBA two K scan of you.
Speaker 5: That looks like an AI generated murderer who's going out of prison.
Speaker 2: I shape, I've never looked like that ever.
Speaker 1: That looks like a character from Watchdog's Legion who you scan and you're trying to possess, and it's like he's homeless.
Speaker 3: His only skill is blending in.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not trying to God's concerned. I actually feel fine again. I just ran four miles, like a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 5: That was like one of those NBA two K scanning features, but it fucked up the scan of your face and just gave you half eyes.
Speaker 1: I just said that, Mike, we've established we don't listen to you on this podcast. Let it be known.
Speaker 3: I just made that bit married.
Speaker 4: I made it better. I think mine was funnier.
Speaker 1: I said the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's even I who doesn't remember anything. He was like, I'm pretty sure Mike just said this.
Speaker 3: No, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wait, uh, Dan, do you do you remember when Mary mary her thoughts on twenty twenty as a whole? You know, we're all stuck at home. Oh god, damnit, I never mind it. We'll save it, We'll say. No, I don't my.
Speaker 2: The thing isn't working. So but yes, I do remember.
Speaker 1: No, like, hold on, like Mary, I think we were talking about twenty twenty and uh, you know you were just saying like you did. You're saying it wasn't great in general. But uh but what what else?
Speaker 3: Oh right? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you hear that love that pandemic? Love that pandemic?
Speaker 5: What I I didn't say that, you did say that enthusiastics?
Speaker 3: No, but like what did you truly.
Speaker 4: Think sove that pandemic?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's move on in this podcastics health. I don't ever want to talk about health or politics again.
Speaker 2: I'm fine, although we're recording this one super early, so I mean, if I do die in the next week and a half, it'll be pretty funny. I don't mean that I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Mary.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling these days?
Speaker 4: I feel fine, genuinely, like relatively, yeah, like I'm genuinely physically fine.
Speaker 5: I will say, like, I also got a little sick because I just got back from packs and usually when you do a PAX, you're just probably gonna get the pax pos. That is like a natural thing that happens.
Speaker 4: So my uh as it as it happens.
Speaker 5: I just recognized, maybe like three or five days ago that I wasn't feeling super hot. But I beat it by sheer willpower this time, which is how I usually beat all sicknesses. I very rarely have to go to the doctor, and I always feel like if I.
Speaker 4: Just rest and have soup, I can figure it out.
Speaker 5: And the last time I got sick, I needed antibiotics and everything I was fucked up.
Speaker 4: I was like a total mess bag.
Speaker 5: This time, I'm back to my usual, Like I just beat it with willpower and like time, you know, like regular people.
Speaker 1: You're like a Dennis in the Gang gets quarantined where he's like, if I was sick, I would simply say, sees break. God, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Usually fight it. I mean, I'm telling you I'm kind of notorious for it. And like some people call me patient zero because like I'm the kind of person will be like my throat's a little scratchy on the way to like twitch con anyway, everybody have a good con.
Speaker 5: And I'll just sit on the fucking plane and be like, I'm not sick, and I will I will will it down into my body and I will I will work and I will do my job, and I will do I will work like everybody else, you know, all the hours, all the late nights, all the early mornings, and then when I get home, my body will implode because I have allowed it to.
Speaker 4: I have been like, now, you can be sick, but I won't allow them.
Speaker 1: Now. I think that's a fairly common thing, Like, uh, your body recognizes you just genuinely you're not in like a safe place to be sick, So it waits until then.
Speaker 4: You body like you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't be sick right now as soon as you walk in the door.
Speaker 4: E three was no different. You just can't fucking be sick during E three.
Speaker 5: Like, get your shit together, get it together, figure it out, it doesn't matter. Like yeah, like I'll like take cough drops or something like that or some kind of like minor medicine for headaches.
Speaker 4: But like my ass is getting out there and I'm doing the thing.
Speaker 5: I know it's not right, especially by today's standards, where you're really not supposed to like even come out of the house if you're sick. But like there's just like work stuff where I'm essentially like you're fine, just get over it, and my body actually does react to that, and it's just like Okay, no fever, like figure it out, like go do your job.
Speaker 4: And then and then when I come home, I like actually melt.
Speaker 2: Especially like when we all work from home, where it's like I never really took sick days anyway, like when I worked at an office, but like I cannot remember. I cannot remember the last time I took a certainly not in the last five years. And that's why I remember. Like when I was a game informer, there's someone who like literally would take like two days off because like I got a flu shot yesterday and my arm's kind of sore, and it's like that was an actual excuse, and I was like I want to kill you. Like that is like I don't know if it's just like Midwest like work ethic stuff where it's just like I just we're toxic, you know, I think we'd yeah.
Speaker 4: Bad and it is very normal.
Speaker 5: To be able to be like I am sick, but I just I don't have that ability. My mind is like, no, you get your ass up if I'm genuinely, like feverishly fucking ill. And that happened a couple months ago. I really was down for the count. I had to go to a doctor and everything, and it was a mess. I took a I took an afternoon off.
Speaker 4: I took one afternoon off to go. I went to an emergency room and got and got medicine, and then I sat in a hotel room and like stewed about it. And the next day I was like, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: I don't like getting medicine.
Speaker 3: Don't you in the mirror you're weak?
Speaker 4: Yeah I was. I was like slapping myself in front of the mirror, like you get better.
Speaker 5: I don't like it, and I want to be a part of the experience and be better.
Speaker 4: But I have to. I have to give myself the ability and the flexibility to be sick, and we definitely have to give the flexibility to other people.
Speaker 2: To be oh yeah, yeah, you can't expect everyone to be like weird about this, like we are, like I guess with like I had COVID once and I took time off for that, and I, uh, I have a pandemic.
Speaker 4: God damn it.
Speaker 2: I had a couple of the surgeries, like post surgery. Like if you count of those of sick days and I've taken them for sure, but like for like a cold or something like that, like no way, you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Very very rare. Like I have been at twitch for eight years. I don't think I could count on one hand the amount of sick days I've taken. It never fucking happens, and I definitely have been sick. When you work from home, though, like you just pull up a laptop next to the bed.
Speaker 1: And you just yeah, I might be like if my notice it is totally stepped up, maybe I'll be like, oh, are you good for this podcast or whatever?
Speaker 2: And I'll sit that one out. But like sure, email people and do that shit and play games.
Speaker 5: You know, you can email, you can think about a problem that you're solving.
Speaker 2: But I think we're just tougher and better than everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think jobs are easier than a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Also that that's probably a big part of it.
Speaker 1: If I'm but like, yeah, if I was driving the park left to the ups Factory, I would probably uh not feel the pilots don't really have this same I'm going to sit out my session of Doom the Dark Ages today.
Speaker 2: I got some sniffles.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many demons I can quench if I don't.
Speaker 2: I love quenching demons. I love punching demons.
Speaker 1: Calls. I got it.
Speaker 2: Ever, that is something we should always keep in mind is that we have very different jobs than most people. And it's maybe easy for us to say, but I don't know. Like Mike, you're always doing stuff. Mary, you're always like I'm always doing stuff. Most of my stuff involves just like talking to my friends on podcasts, whut video games? So like, I don't think I have the hardest job of us three.
Speaker 4: No, I know you're the biggest joke of them all.
Speaker 1: I think there he's a CEO.
Speaker 2: There's CEO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a CEO.
Speaker 4: College. Like, you can be a CEO of a bunch of joke ship. You're still a CEO CCO giant.
Speaker 3: We're talking to you like that.
Speaker 4: Make a company that's just one?
Speaker 2: We have five worthless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't all be CEO.
Speaker 1: No, I'm don't have a CEO. I'm c CEO and co owners watching someone play Rascal right now. You be careful who you're talking to CCO stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very aware of who I'm talking.
Speaker 1: I got this sniffles.
Speaker 3: I can't watch you play wescal that.
Speaker 2: No, I say I do because I'm a tough, hard worker.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not right. Be impressed everyone. Hey dad, I'm gonna muscle through watching my friend play Wescal for the day.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be a big man about it. Yeah, that's a good impression.
Speaker 1: I've told you this. There's a there's a real estate company. Like in my neck of the woods. It's spelled w E I c h e r T. Yeah. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be pronounced, but I always see it whitecout.
Speaker 2: That's like that was my last night when I was a baby.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you changed it when you came of age. Yeah, it's uh, it's uncomfortable to see around town. But yeah, no, I don't like. I think it depends on your occupation. I'd definitely say there are certain people who have to call in sick medical workers. Yes, of course, clearly not politicians. They're definitely not saying it's the right way to be.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying like in are like Mary and I specifically, like, you know, we can do our jobs sick from home.
Speaker 1: You know, my job mostly remote as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some time.
Speaker 4: I think that, uh, we do have a lot of leniencies. But I also think that because maybe we have those leniencies, it makes it more important for me to always be available. And that's sure good or bad, But I do feel the urge.
Speaker 5: And I've always felt the urge in every job that I've ever had, even if it was like you know, being a hostess or a sandwich artist a subway. I was always like, I'm here, I'm going to do my best. I don't care how sick I am. I'm gonna make these sandwich.
Speaker 1: I'm going to come in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was me.
Speaker 2: You know what, You're a hero, Mary, let's hear it. Yeah, all right here.
Speaker 5: I've always said that I'm a hero, and I'm really glad that this podcast at least has one hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We need one collective us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one villain, one hero.
Speaker 1: We did politics, health, yeah, whatever the opposite of health is.
Speaker 4: Let's do finances.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, religion after that. Oh yeah, let's do religion first. I hate god, no finance. Invest in a little a little stock, invested.
Speaker 1: A little stock I like to call giant bomb because I think the stocks going up, we shot back and we should go public.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea, do you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be sick. I could be part owner and then I could own Dan if I buy enough stocks. We shouldn't go public. Oh, I would love to call board meetings. And it's just me at the end of a long table. I don't agree with this video. You did got a nice odd number right now. You Yeah, we don't know that's going to go yet.
Speaker 2: It's just there's still so much stuff to do, which again thank god for Jeff back Larry. He's been doing all the big kids stuff. So uh yeah, it should be all set up here a little after SGF maybe maybe like in the next month after that. But it's been fun.
Speaker 1: Shay Gilgers, Alexander, that's a very esoteric joke. So Jeff's so Jeff, Jeff and Jeff and Mike and you and Jan Spirits seem high.
Speaker 3: Things are going well.
Speaker 1: I know you talk about this on every show you've gone on, so you don't have to go into detail. But short version is it's just been tremendous. The amount of support that's come in from folks.
Speaker 2: Giant bomb dot com, slash Join support, independent games media has been amazing. It's been very very also Patreon dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash Firescape, Pussy dot com, dish pussy dot com.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's great, it's just really great. It's just worrying about the stuff that matters and you know, putting together sgfuh hopefully you know, there's still a lot of things up in the air, but we're working very hard on that. The content stuff has been incredible, The audience has been and we're seeing so many people come back that I haven't watched for years and everything. It's just it's been feeling tremendous. So yeah, that's the short version is big, big thumbs up so far. Happy to hear Mary. How's bowling going.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. It's like cathartic and uh oh, so the season I was in ended, So we've we finished, we were we finished in second place?
Speaker 2: How many nice it? Yeah, it was like two.
Speaker 4: And a half months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you signed up two and a half months ago? Gotcha?
Speaker 5: Because I thought maybe I qud or I didn't know if I was actually like into it. But I've signed up for a second season. Now I'm actually like I've decided.
Speaker 4: I like it. It's I bought a ball, I have a ball.
Speaker 1: Get eight or ten? What do you say? Well, yeah, that's a good one. Boys.
Speaker 5: I was told from Larry's ball shop that you want to go heavy because it knocks the pins over. It's like, Larry's this crazy guy who has been I think he must be coveted.
Speaker 4: There are bowler shops.
Speaker 5: There's not a lot of bowler like places to get your ball drilled in Portland, you know what I mean. But there's a couple and most of them have like five to ten reviews, and Larry's has like hundreds and hundreds of reviews. This dude has been doing this for forty years. He is tried and tested. He's a bit of a firecracker when I can't yes testing. And he he's a strange man. His his desk was filled to the brim with papers. And the first thing he did when I came in was he was like, have you filled out a paper? And I was like no, And he's like, well you got a thille out And I was like, where are you going to put it?
Speaker 4: And he was like, with all the other papers, how dare you? And I was like okay, and I filled.
Speaker 5: It out and he put it on his giant desk of papers and he said what do you want and I said, well, I already someone gave me a ball and I'd like to fill the holes and I'd like to redraw them.
Speaker 4: With my fingers. And he was like, I bet you'd like that, and I was like I would genuinely. And he was like, where's this guy?
Speaker 5: He was giving me all this shit and I was like, that is what I would like and he was like he was like, well, I can do it by next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: And I was like that's a great deal.
Speaker 5: And he was like, well then great, I'll see you next Tuesday. And then the next tuesday I came in and I said it's me. I'm here for my appointment and he said, are you Marty?
Speaker 4: I said no, I'm married. I have Marty down for your for disappointment.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm Mary and I wrote it down on this piece of paper and he was like, I have Marty and I said, well, then I am Marty for the entire one hour appointment. When he measured my fingers, I was Marty awesome.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's good, Yeah, Marty Kisch.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the people with those jobs, you need them to be eccentric or else I don't trust them.
Speaker 3: There's someone here in Jersey.
Speaker 1: Back when I was in the dart league and people were really into their personal set of darts, there's a woman near here Dan like maybe Bonk has heard of her at some point, I don't know, or you know Bank's family.
Speaker 2: She's called the dart Whisperer. And you basically go and she's.
Speaker 1: Got a dart board and you like you throw a dart, and in that one throw, she could tell like what kind of stroke you have? Like what she she?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people expect her to coach you, but she's like, I don't coach. I just observe and I react or something thing like that. And then she'll measure your arm. She'll look your hands eye like the thumb to finger, the thumb to middle finger, and then she'll design a set of darts that would work best with your throat.
Speaker 2: That's cool, Yeah, Like I.
Speaker 3: Want to be a specialty artisan for.
Speaker 4: A person too.
Speaker 5: There's something very interesting about that, isn't like that's all they do.
Speaker 4: Larry balls for forty years.
Speaker 1: What's the most specific sports paraphernalia you'd like to design?
Speaker 2: I was thinking like bowling, because I do like bowling, and Mary, you've like activated me just talking about bowling again. I want to get like, you know, like King panhil Bill Murray has like his hand inside the ball, and it's clear, could your Marty, could your guy do the thing where like you could give him an object and he would put it inside the ball.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I've never asked him. He's so weird.
Speaker 5: I'm like a little afraid to ask him stuff because it usually like it just turns into these crazy tangents for like hours.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you want like a custom resin ball where you're like putting weird objects into resin. He will drill any ball.
Speaker 1: That's why I shop found it Larry's Pro Shop Bowling store in Portland, Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bowling equipment. Up your game. Let me see.
Speaker 4: He was incredible.
Speaker 1: The dropdown for the contact contact us box just says feedback, that's not contact.
Speaker 4: He lessons he does.
Speaker 5: And when I was done, so he gave me my drilled Oh this was interesting. So uh my appointment was at five thirty, my first round of official bowling, and they are serious about the rules. You have to show up on time was six fifteen and I said do I have enough time?
Speaker 4: And he said it's no problem.
Speaker 5: He measured my hand for like thirty minutes and it's six and I was like, cool, so you're going to drill this ball and give it to me in the next fifteen minutes and he was like, no problem.
Speaker 4: And so I sit down.
Speaker 5: We're waiting for six fifteen, and at six fourteen he comes over to me and he gives me my ball and he goes it was actually done by six o eight.
Speaker 4: I just sat there for five minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know we're here and doing some quick searching. This is Larry Schwab from Larry's Pro Shop in Portland. I thought there was a video down there where it's like, hey, check out what we're about. I am now on Larry Schwab's YouTube page. He has one video and one subscriber. Let's let's let's subscribe Larry. Everyone go to at Larry L A. R. R. Y Schwab sc ch Wab nine two four five on YouTube. That's Larry Schwab nine two four five. Let's just suddenly make him go from one subscriber to like hundreds of not thousands.
Speaker 1: Listen, please subscribe. It's doing in my back.
Speaker 4: This guy obviously, like really gives a shit. I he is a he is a still, but I really do think that he is good at what he does. And towards the end of my bowling, and this is a three games so it took about two and a half hours. I turned around and he was just sitting and watching me bowl, and I was like, Hey, how's it going, Larry? And he was like good. How do the holes feel? And I was like they feel great?
Speaker 5: And he was like good, just making sure, just making sure that the ball meets your needs.
Speaker 4: And then he walked away. He watched me for like probably thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask, is it a comfortable ball?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very comfortable. I don't know a lot about balls and holes.
Speaker 1: You don't know if it was uncomfortable, like an uncomfortable bowling ball does not feel right coming off those tips.
Speaker 4: It feels good in the hand. I feel like it has a good swing to it. And I got a good I got a good total that night, even though it was a new ball, so I had to get adjusted to it. But I'm still learning, you guys.
Speaker 5: So like my max is like lower than probably other Bowler League people's maxes. Like if I get one hundred and twenty score at the end, I'm like not too shabby.
Speaker 4: Like I just I have low expectations for myself. So just so everybody's aware.
Speaker 2: Can we next time we're doing Game of the Year, whether it's here or elsewhere, can we all go bowling together?
Speaker 1: Can that be part of my love?
Speaker 4: That that would be so cool?
Speaker 2: Love bowling.
Speaker 1: Bowling's out there with like roller blading of things I did when I was young that I want to do more now than I'm an adult.
Speaker 2: If I rollerblade, that would immediately break so many bones. And yeah, I couldn't do it as a kid, not that way. I just don't have any balance at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a tough gig.
Speaker 2: Biking, Yeah, I'm great of bikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've created bikes. Biking good, Bowling tough.
Speaker 5: The thing that I like about bowling, and the reason I've like decided that this is the sport for me is that like it for now is that it doesn't matter if I have a bad day.
Speaker 4: I couldn't give a shit if I have a bad like round of bowling. It's just something to do. I'm drinking like a picture of beer while I do it. But it gets me off my buck. But I'm not watching TV all night like I'm enjoying it. So it's silly, but it's it is meaningful now.
Speaker 1: Actually because it makes me want to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's bold, let's bolt again.
Speaker 2: It makes me want to do like a league like and then bowl together like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could commit.
Speaker 3: You did a dart league, Mike, Yeah, and Hoboken people. There's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: So I was in the B League. Thankfully, I consider myself pretty decent at darts. But I was in the B League, and uh, there were people there. And it's kind of cool because you represent a specific bar, so you're away games or another bar just down the street. I represented the bar you both have been to, Dan you especially a eighth Street tavern at the time, not anymore, I don't, I haven't been there in years. But you'd go to away games and other bars and certain bars took it very seriously. And we were the B League, a league I found out later does not touch a drop of alcohol when they're doing it.
Speaker 4: They're they're in the zone.
Speaker 5: We have bowlers that are like that too, and they they bowl and when they get a strike, I go, great job, and they don't look at me.
Speaker 4: Not having it at all.
Speaker 1: It should be fun.
Speaker 2: It should be drinky, like if you're going if yeah, that's that.
Speaker 5: I mean there's just there's people like that and every everything that take it a little too seriously.
Speaker 4: I think that is par for the course.
Speaker 5: But I find it funny because I mean it's just a hobby, you know, It's just something you're enjoying.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't It should not be that serious.
Speaker 1: John Goodman from Bicklebowski just like, okay, settle down, dude, like all line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've had experiences like that a little bit where people have just like taken it really seriously. But I think it's funny when they get really upset because it's not that serious.
Speaker 1: I've said, people over things that don't warrant it, or it's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: That's the right reaction, like yeah, oh you're mad, Like bowling isn't good tonight, Like who cares?
Speaker 1: Like it's it's a feeling I get when and it's like people are getting furious about something and like whatever the non controversy of the week is in video games or whatever. It's like people getting like it's ruining their lives and they're making angry YouTube videos about it. It's like that's this is not a real problem.
Speaker 5: We've lost the plot when the thing that you are supposed to enjoy brings you like an immense amount of pain, And like I'm talking to you Star Wars fans that are just like unable to enjoy something anymore.
Speaker 2: And it's like Star Wars fans, wrestling fans, video game fans, fans of certain consoles and brands and developers, sports fans, sports fans, just fandom.
Speaker 1: Itself, like the no no, no, no no no. I literally mean this as a concept. It's like being a fan of something can go very awry.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I mean that's kind of always been the case. And I was thinking back to like Recess in the early nineties, and it's like, yeah, people were heads about Superintendent per Second Genesis back then, our Sonic Verse, Mario, Mortal Kombat Verse, Street Fighter, but then the Internet happened, and it's like everyone's just louder and stupider about it.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 5: I mean again, I think the right reaction, though, is to laugh about it. I mean, none of these things are meant to be that serious, and life is too short, I think to be really upset all the time. Like, Yes, I could take bowling really seriously, and I could get mad at everybody who's a better bowler than me, and get mad at myself when I don't bowl as good as I want to. But I just think that life is better if I drink two pictures of beer and kind of bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, you were on the right side of history, Mary, thank you.
Speaker 3: Minus the Nixon stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and the and the airplane and the pandemic thing and the pandemic thing.
Speaker 4: I regret nothing. Everything I've done is right.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to talk about video games?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think we talked about Doom. We definitely talked about doing The Dark Ages last episode. I have since played it quite a bit. I'm fourteen missions in. Do you like it?
Speaker 3: Out of twenty two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You like it?
Speaker 2: Rightm dooms Mandy.
Speaker 3: Afew say, Okay, I like that game a lot.
Speaker 1: Mary.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mary, this is a this is a family broadcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mary, come on, oh, come on.
Speaker 3: Come on, oh, come on, you're fluffing me.
Speaker 2: That's for the video podcast, folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like dark ages a lot. It's good parry and that green stuff is good. That's good. The shield bash, the shield.
Speaker 4: Throw love so enjoyable.
Speaker 1: I love every time you think you have a grasp on what's going to be in the next weapons drop, all of a sudden it's a fucking flail and then you're just smoking people with that.
Speaker 2: For that grenade launcher, it's just like a heavy ass spiked grenade balls.
Speaker 4: Like, the grenade is fun. The grenade is fun. You might think to yourself, well, of course the grenade is fun, and good news. You're right. The grenade is super fun.
Speaker 1: Better than you would expect a grenade launcher to be. The fucking the The skull crusher shoots the spread ye is. I I'm hard pressed to think of a better It's not even a reload. It's just the animation it makes while you're shooting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crunching, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: For those who haven't play, it's just the skulls sitting like right in between this press like vice in the pushes it through these like four blades that then crunch it up.
Speaker 3: And shoot pieces of skull it's awesome, and.
Speaker 1: The skull of your dead enemies that technically could work with like a tibia, but no, it has to be skulls in the lore here.
Speaker 4: The animators clearly had a feeld day with this, And I think something that we probably I don't think we talk about enough though, is like, did they obviously have so much fun making this and you know it?
Speaker 5: You know, the dude who animated this was just like so stoked to be like, look at how fucking sick this looks the next.
Speaker 4: Day, and they did that with me.
Speaker 2: It was a woman.
Speaker 4: Dude is gender neutral?
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, there's a lot of feminine energy to Doom that.
Speaker 3: I want it, gotcha, it's not doom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Doom is also gender neutral.
Speaker 1: I think dooms never mind, anyone is a dude.
Speaker 5: But what I'm just saying is is like, whoever like animated this had a field day and they knew it. And I think you can you can see the joy in the people who worked on this game. I feel like the people who made this game this was a labor of love and you can feel it. You can feel the joy in their experiences and how excited they were to have these like giant monsters in the background.
Speaker 4: Duking it out and like the uh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: All all of the constructions and the animations are are really fun and whimsical, like they're.
Speaker 4: Wild and very doom.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Everything's just like a big explosion.
Speaker 2: At the levels where it's just you're just stomping on bridges full of enemies and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's so fucking cool they give you. They give you so many different ways to explode hordes of enemies at once. Yes, Yeah, whether it be throwing the shield at the overheated metal which comes into play in boss fights where the armor itself is overheated, or you're trying to overheat it yourself then using the energy weapons. Yeah, we talked about this last episode.
Speaker 2: Even the shield charge like takes out like five guys in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I will say, like, I think I agree with what you guys are saying last time, not the but words in your mouth, Marry, I think it was you more than Dan.
Speaker 3: The Dragon stuff are super cool.
Speaker 1: It's like, I like the structure of the first Dragon mission where it reminds me of the Halo mission in Halo two and three where you're going between points in like either the Hornet or a Pelican and you're disembarking and going into these ships. It's a really cool mission structure. Overall, the Dragon stuff just feels more like a one off set piece.
Speaker 2: Not one off literally, but like fourteen missions in have you done the Dragon more than once? Twice?
Speaker 1: Now? Okay, so it might not be fourteen, but for reference sake, I've done the Dragon twice. It does feel more like a tact on thing, not tact on, Like they clearly put a lot of thought and time into it. And yeah, I think the coolest kill animation in the game is when you open up the Titan's mouth and breathe fire into his bargains. Yeah, and then he's like ah and that he explodes. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: They love shoving things in people's throats too, Like, there's multiple ones of that that's There's not just the fire one. There's also one where I think you like have a grid eight or something and you shove that in their throats to kill a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, kill.
Speaker 4: Me you're fucked, Yeah you can, you can undo.
Speaker 1: I do think.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I haven't played Eternal in a while.
Speaker 1: I played it I think twice, and I came around on it a lot more of the second time I played it, enjoyed it quite a bit, and especially after going back to twenty sixteen, which twenty sixteen was so clean in the loop of all right, you chang saw guys. I might be fucking this up, but generally speaking, you chain saw guys to get AMMO, you do melee kills to get more.
Speaker 2: Health chan.
Speaker 3: And then there's one more to give you chains off fields.
Speaker 1: So is this really tight, like infinity loop whatever you want to call it, do Eternal start blowing that up in several ways where you got so many options that it got a bit overwhelming. Yes, I would actually say Dark Ages kind of corrects that a bit. I stepped away from it for a few days to go to Montreal. I started it and did a few missions. I will say this is not the easiest shooter to go back to because of how many options you have. It's not a knock on the game. It's not like it didn't make me take a five day break, but it is it's like, oh, right, Oka, I'm gonna throw my shield at them because they're superheated. And that's the thing I was gonna say, the enemy hordes I don't love in the composition, and like now I'm thinking like dark souls.
Speaker 3: Wise, it too often feels.
Speaker 2: So clean in that. So here's the line five energy.
Speaker 1: Shields here, all right, I'm gonna throw that. It's gonna kill the other energy shield guys. I think Eternal especially felt really organic, where there's several different kinds of demons rushing me from different angles. Now it's like overheated shields, energy shields. Oh this guy that are going to do the green attacks, I gotta get ready to parry that. It feels a bit to Arcadie, and I feel I realize I just said that a doom game feels to Arcadie.
Speaker 3: That's a dumb.
Speaker 1: Criticism they're supposed to I never really considered it, Arcadie. You know, it feels a bit too artificial.
Speaker 3: And the end, like the the s, it just.
Speaker 2: Seems kind of like by the numbers and that like, Okay, there's that shield line. Now I do this, and now here's this thing.
Speaker 4: I do this.
Speaker 2: That's a better way of putting it. That's what I was trying to say.
Speaker 1: It just feels I almost feel paint by numbers when I jump into, like come off a cliff and there's a fight right in front of me. I'm like, all right, we'll take these guys out more out of obligation. They're not part of this puzzle I'm trying to solve, like Doom Eternal did. But I do appreciate the balance between melee and range.
Speaker 2: So you're saying Doom sixteen is more of a Jackson Pollock of violence, where this is more of a Bob Ross. Is that what you're saying. I'm sorry, I'm using art art references again.
Speaker 1: I know that's my thing, but yeah, that's a good way to put it. I would say do Maternal was like the Monette. Oh, and then I'd say this is more of a Mike Mike being character wines. Okay, let's say Doom twenty sixteen was why did I ask for this? Doom twenty sixteen was more of like a like a premier cruise shabilee, really good, you know what you're gonna get, Like just you know what you want is there in spades. It's not trying to be something it's not. I would say Doom Maternal almost to the to the Shabbie. The premier CRUCIBLEE of Doom twenty sixteen was more of this, like Condrew, kind of like Viigne Marsan Roussan Blend. It's like it's doing a lot, it's in your face, it's coming out of you. And then dark Age is almost like a correction there. It's like, oh, it was like a little bit too much oak in this Conjrew. I think, I think we're gonna scale back a bit and make it a bit more formulaic, but then they just end up with like this, this this really like this this reserve Pinogriggio from alto Adage, And I'm not really sure where I stand with it, because it's delicious, don't get me wrong, I just don't know if I'm going to go back to it night after night, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, Mary and I were going to respond, but I could see it in both of our faces that you just said everything we were gonna So yeah, yeah, now that is fun. I continually just want to be playing it when I'm not, which is like my sign of a good game. There's not a lot of friction there. It's just like, you know, I like the fact that like there are secrets and things, but it's easy enough to kind of like look at the map and just you know, I'll go figure out how to open that thing.
Speaker 1: This more than the other two games, I'm having trouble with some of these collectibles. Maybe maybe I'm like, again, maybe it's a by virtue of me stepping away for a few days. There's certain things I'm like, I don't know what they want me to do with this door, and I'm trying the shield slam, I'm trying the shield throw, I'm trying the I'm looking around for the flesh statues that catch your shield and launch you. And maybe I'm just not like pouring over every nook and cranny enough, which is possible because you know those games.
Speaker 5: A lot of times it's like a hole. Like every time I go to a door and they're.
Speaker 4: Showing they're showing me like some fucking thing that I want behind a wall. It's not to get in that wall. It's if there's a hole somewhere or drop down one hundred percent. It's usually like there's a small little section. What I've also found that I just like, maybe this is like nostalgia, but this game a lot if once you enter an area, turn around. It would be amazed how often they have hid something behind you when you enter a new space. And I think that's so cute and so indicative of like a classic game design, which just like explore dude, like get in there, like look around.
Speaker 5: I've really enjoyed all the little secrets that I found. It makes me feel really special and I don't feel like I have to find them, which is also really nice. I miss them all the time, you know, at the end of the level, and I'll tell you how much shit you miss and I'm never like, oh damn it, I really needed that to get through this level. Like I'm fine either way. I feel great when you get the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like I don't feel like I'm hurting it if I like, oh I didn't get everything there, I can't afford this upgrade, Like I feel like I've been upgrading at a good clip. You know.
Speaker 4: They put the gold bars also as secret finders.
Speaker 2: Most of them are Ye.
Speaker 4: If you see gold bars up a staircase, like that's you're in, Like that's a secret like and it's so funny, like sometimes you'll just be like, oh, he candy, oop, he candy, and you're just like following this very obvious trail, and then I walk into a door and it's like a secret discovered, and there's a guy who's like, we can't stay here, and they're having some like generic audio going on. It's just like, well, this isn't too much of a secret, guys, but God, love you for letting me feel like I'm very smart by following these gold bars into this very obvious area.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I will also say I've heard some people say there's too much story for them in a Doom game. There's not. There's I don't know what the last time someone played Doom Eternal was there. There's some stuff going on there. Even Doom twenty sixteen they had those two main villains, like, there's definitely a bit more here. What they're trying to do with the characters, and honestly reminds me of Gears of War and the vibes of what's happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it doesn't overstay.
Speaker 1: It's welcome to me.
Speaker 2: It's it gets annoying because, like you know, I'm not a big story guy in games. It bugs me if it's like in the middle of the mission, if it was taking a break, Like every time I enter a new area where it's like, oh, here's a cut scene I gotta wait for that's a metal year thing. But like they're longish levels, so you know, I could be playing for thirty forty minutes before an in between level cut scene. At that point I'm fine to set my controller down and check my phone for a second. I don't know, like none of them are super long or anything. I yeah, it has not bothered me at all. Yeah, no, I sorry, go ahead. Well, I was gonna say playing it in you know a lot of Doom talk lately, Mike Manatti was talking about recently playing the Doom one and two, the night Dive remix that recently came out, and I was like, oh, you know what, I'm kind of in the mood for that. So I did download Doom one and two I think came out like in the last six months or something like that, and sure enough, they do incredible remakes and everything. Oh yeah, system Shock the thing. The thing was really good.
Speaker 3: They're like they're becoming they're like the new Blue Point with that stuff.
Speaker 1: They're killing it to discredit Blue Point, but like night Time's kind of the one that's hot right now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they're really nailing with the Doom thing, Like you know, you can have it be like the clean, you know, more modern HUD, or you can make it look like all that chunky doss font and everything. So I went just old with everything. It's like they have a whole remixed soundtrack and put it on.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, this is fucking This remixed soundtrack is incredible with like you know, like real you know, guitar music and stuff.
Speaker 2: But then I just switched back to the MIDI and it's like, eh, kind of just want to hear the original Doom music. This is still really fucking good.
Speaker 1: That game is still very fun for being one of the first FPS games, Like that's it's crazy that it holds up. I have never played Doom three. I never really did either. It got kind of ravaged in the reviews back in the day. I you know, I the most I saw of it. Tim Terry was playing it when I lived in their house for that month.
Speaker 3: He was playing that.
Speaker 1: He finished Resumeal four and he was doing all the like the hardest ship to do in Resume four, and then I think he jumped at Doom three to show me almost like survival horror ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of weird stuff like computer interfaces and you know, a lot of like puzzles on screens and things like. I've seen enough of it where it's like, this doesn't feel like the Doom I'm used to. But I feel like there's been a reevaluation recently where some people kind of come around on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to go back and try it out. Yeah. Between that, it's it's nice that I feel like Doom the reboot. The franchise has just maintained its momentum since it got rebooted. Wolfenstein, though, and I loved new Blood. No, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Old Blood.
Speaker 1: I did not like new Blood was the co opera. Old Blood was the DLC for the first was the second game? Which I loved new Blood or Young Blood? I I really you know, I think Arcane a lot of stuff I don't like about that game. Is there a new Wolfenstein on the Jones? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, machine Games in Sweden. That's what they did.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Wolfenstein's not happening soon. But I mean, what's the difference between what nazis Oh gotcha? Oh yeah, They're they're always killing Nazis in their games. That's a given.
Speaker 2: It's a different vibe to it, for sure. Oh yeah, that Wolfenstein was way more just gleeful violence and just wild story things where it's like I feel Indie was very, very faithful to the vibe of Indy.
Speaker 1: I feel the need to remind you too, And I guess people listening that Indiana Jones is eligible for any awards we might want to nominate it for this coming year because we we went I think a week like a few days after it released, a few days after the reviews went up, a few days after we did that, definitely.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no dark Ages. I'm digging. I'm actually kind of glad.
Speaker 1: I don't know what more they would have done if they just kept going same timeline, whatever you want to say for after Eternal, I'm sure they would have figured it out. They're good at that stuff. But dark A just feels pretty new. I like the balance between it's not just melee and ranged. I like that they've embraced the idea of defense, which I did not think I would want in, you know, in a series known for like their whole philosophy is always moved forward and keep killing stuff and be aggressive. They somehow have maintained that, but also like propelled it with defense and melee stuff, which is pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Almost more offense than it is defense half the time, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when I'm fighting like a I don't know what's the enemy. You see all the time, the big dudes with the double arm cannon flame role what they're called. It's it's when you're fighting them. It's like they kind of if you really you're fighting a tougher one with armor. They really require you to use a lot of the tools at your disposal because it's like, oh, they'll do the ground pound, which you could parry because it's green, but then they do the flames. Would you have to block if you don't want to take any damage? Of course you can or dodge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I'm really liking that game. That's where my I'm only mid game right now, I'm past the midpoint. I think there's twenty two missions. I'm at fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 5: It's pretty clear, right, It like even gives you like a top like when you're finished, which I was just gonna say, I really like that.
Speaker 4: The game says we have twenty two chapters. Enjoy them. It takes out some of the anxiety of like how far is it?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 4: How much longer do I have?
Speaker 5: I get to enjoy each chapter. I know where I'm at in the process, and I'm enjoying the ride. I mean, I think it's a really well designed game. I think it's modern to tell your audience how long they have left.
Speaker 4: That is neat and I like it.
Speaker 1: The last thing I'll say that they're so good at like communicating what the game is doing. So anytime you get like a hint of a new upgrade, you know exactly how it's going to change the game. Like they show you, Okay, here's how the shield works, here's the cool shit you could do with it. The moment, all of a sudden, it's just you get a chainsaw blade around the edge. You're like, oh fuck, I get I get exactly how this is going to change the game. And then of course they fuck with those expectations. But like they're almost like inviting you along for their riot. They're like, you're right there in the co pilot seat where you think you are. But then they do stuff with the new tools you're getting. We're like, oh no, I've just been a passenger this whole time they're piloting this whole thing.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the shield, it's like, I feel like it. It's so much more of a fun addition than like, you know, I like the flamethrower. I like the kind of grapple shotgun thing and eternal but like, I don't know, this feels like more of a core part of the game rather than like I'll switch to the shotgun and do the grapple thing.
Speaker 1: Like I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had fun making this and it shows, and I think that that is one of the reasons why we're having so much fun playing it. And I'm excited for this new era where Doom is not only relevant, but it's something we really look forward to. Like I get excited when these are coming out because I know they're going to be fun now, Like I know they're going to be good.
Speaker 2: I just love it when you know games from my childhood are relevant and good and not just a nostalgia act, you know, Like I look at Mario Zelda, Mario Kart, Doom. There's a recent one. I think about Mortal kmbat all the time.
Speaker 1: Mortal Kombat, I feel like, is such a fucking great example of that because it's like it is still so true to what it's been since the early nineties. It's been Ed Boone at the Helm the entire time, through all the ups and downs. It has evolved, it has taken risks, it's done weird things, but it's been Mortal Kombat through and through, and I just I really really love that because that was such an important series to me as a kid, and just every time there's a new Mortal kmbat, it's like, god damn, they are still fucking do same with Mario Kart. Mario Kart World is about to come out very soon, and it's like, holy shit, from some of my earlies, childhood memories playing that game with my dad, Mario Kart has never left my life, and it's never just been it.
Speaker 2: It's not just a nostalgia thing. It's not like, oh, I'm playing Earthworm Gym because I played it when I was ten. It's like, no, Mario Kart's still a fucking force to be reckoned. With ninety six tracks you can play. It's after the DLC and the Deluxe Edition. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like people like Ed Boone, that's so fucking impressive. Not to just credit the series with just him, but obviously he's the head of the snake there. It's like for him to stay in touch that much with video games, not just like continue to make games, but to understand the zeitgeist surrounding them enough to then toy with it with characters and gameplay mechanics.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would have that kind of Yeah, that's that's crazy. He's one of the best. And like I don't know, like how many big name developers and again old teams surrounded him. But like if you're looking at like a studio head or director or something like, you know, Miamoto is not sitting there, you know, making the new Mario in his garage anymore. You know, it's like how many of these?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope Hugo Martin continues to get those opportunities with Doom games or other shooters whatever he does, Like if they can keep messing with Doom and I I'm not super optimistic, just thinking about how things are going with Microsoft and whatnot. I don't know how many more chances they're going to get to make games like this, and these games are you know, a different kind of scale than a lot of fighting games in the grand scheme of things. But like, I don't know, it's always great. It's great to see like in this date and age people continue to make that kind of stuff. That's like adapting with the times and finding success with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or Larry forty years later, still really drilling those balls and doing a great job at it. Imagine which culture changes in forty years and you're still able to drill a ball.
Speaker 2: Larry's Hideo Kajima of drilling bowling ball.
Speaker 1: I get Larry Schwab and Ed Boone on a podcast stats, I would be fine.
Speaker 2: Just if we need to sub one week, bring in Larry, that would be I would do it.
Speaker 1: I would do it.
Speaker 3: Dan, here's a free idea for this new venture years.
Speaker 1: Find like local small business artisans who have just been embedded a community for like forty years, mom and pop kind of stuff and are just very good at what they do. Get them to talk to like the Ed Boons. Huba Martin's, Oh, like that feels very letterman Like. Let's find the guy that works the day, get down the street and send him to be our Olympics correspondent. Yeah, you know that, Okay, they talk for half an hour each and it's like they'll find some common ground. It's like, oh, I love bowling balls as much as you love like rendering lighting. Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Got shot down numerous times and bomb probably for good reason. Then probably still would today is to just task Rabbit four people to come play fifty turns of Mario Party against each other, like four random people that don't know each other, and just be like, you will be paid. You will just be We'll give you snacks and drinks.
Speaker 4: You will be paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something about that. If I was one of them, I would start to feel like I'm in a Saw movie.
Speaker 2: I'd make it very clear, they're like, here's what we are, here's what you're gonna do. It's not we're not making fun of you. It's just like, let's see what this is like.
Speaker 1: I yeah, no, I agree. The The end result might be really funny. But if I was them, my alarm bells would be going off as.
Speaker 4: Soon as I kill me. I would be murdered because you have told me that you were going to pay me to play Mario Kart.
Speaker 2: I would jump at the chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'm glad you're still with us. Glad you'd ever gone to that white van who said that they were going to let you play Mario Kart all day.
Speaker 2: I've done a lot of very questionable like I shouldn't have gotten gone there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing in.
Speaker 2: College I used to frequently if I ever saw party bus, just like whoever I was at the bar with, I'd be like, pt is off on this party bus and see where it goes. And I would just hop on and befriend people on the party bus, whoever was the birthday guy or whatever or some party or something. Just befriend people and then they're just like, oh, yeah, you're part of the crew. Then you wind up in fucking Topeka or something, and yeah, nothing bad ever happened. It was always fun.
Speaker 1: Everyone loved me.
Speaker 6: It was great.
Speaker 4: The original wedding.
Speaker 2: I could have gotten killed so many times.
Speaker 1: I'd make for a good bachelor party killing you.
Speaker 4: M Yeah, you're all united.
Speaker 1: You had the Hampton's you're a bachelor, We had you in the woods wherever we wanted.
Speaker 2: We easily killed me in the Hampton Say. It would have been so easy.
Speaker 4: At your bachelor party.
Speaker 2: That was about Mark. That was about Miss pac Man.
Speaker 4: That was about Miss pac Man.
Speaker 2: But who won an end?
Speaker 1: It was me. It was me.
Speaker 2: I got the pictures too.
Speaker 4: You can't use my own proof against me.
Speaker 7: I got my own proof and a court a flaw. Let the record show that Dan changed all of the photography.
Speaker 2: You fucking assaulted me physically. All I did was beat you in a video game. You think the courts are gonna side with you.
Speaker 4: Your own wife told you that you deserved it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's assible in court.
Speaker 4: Within ten seconds she was like it's too much. Get away from her, and I was like, get away from me. I'm gonna kill this man.
Speaker 1: So just jackass.
Speaker 4: Yes, you were doing this thing where I was getting close to beating your score, and when I would get close to beating your score, you get really close to me be like, oh you better not making any mistakes because you're very close to beating my score. Better not be don't go left it, And then I would. You were like psychologically.
Speaker 5: Fucking with me, which I think is like cheating in a way, like you weren't touching me. You're doing that thing where like like really annoying brothers where they're like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not touching you, Yeah, little brother energy.
Speaker 1: I've never been.
Speaker 5: To the degree where like I was close, you got in my face enough and I lost and I turned around and I socked you right in the arm, and.
Speaker 4: And Bank was there and was like, dang, you get out of here.
Speaker 1: Came down.
Speaker 3: I came or I came into the room.
Speaker 1: Like while Dan was kind of recoiling from it, and I could sense violence had just happened.
Speaker 4: No, but you was fencing up for it. He was ten, was eight back right when I hit him.
Speaker 2: It wasn't oh God, I might I'm gonna fuck this up.
Speaker 1: It was like Houdini. It was for shoot. Uh, not a work like I could tell it was for shoot. I was like, oh man, he's actually kind of thrown off from something.
Speaker 2: I remember very hit pretty hard. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that kind of threw me off.
Speaker 4: Was like punching a wet paper bag. It was like, I just I wanted to hurt you. And then as soon as I did it, I was like, ah, you really shouldn't punch people because.
Speaker 2: Of the Yeah, so who's the villain here?
Speaker 4: You still you. I haven't changed my tune. I don't always think violence is the answer, but I don't regret hitting you.
Speaker 2: I won in the end, so whatever history is my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weekend maybe. And then we discovered we did the we the garage had like twelve shwind bikes on hooks, so we made they took advantage of that.
Speaker 4: We all hit the bike, so it was so cute.
Speaker 3: And then we like found this.
Speaker 1: A couple of my friends, like local friends here, found that backwoods route into a different neighborhood and then we stumbled across that gas station with the beers. We all there was the fan that worked there, right, Oh no, no, no, no, that's the liquor store. No, we this might have been. It was my buddy Drew a nick like found this path through the woods somehow. And then we came out into another neighborhood and there was like this bodega in the corner that we got beers at and rode back with beers and paper bags to the house.
Speaker 3: The the liquor store was Dylan was a fan named Dylan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, good memory. That was a fun trip. We had a good time. Everybody drank a lot and I won the misspac Man contest jaking.
Speaker 1: At that part out. But yeah, it was a good time. Dan, what's I know what it is, But how's delivered all costs.
Speaker 2: Actually, I want to segue from our Doom conversation into I've been playing We're talking about Doom three, and I've been playing a game that runs on the Doom three engine and Deep.
Speaker 1: I don't know, have you guys heard of us skin Deep?
Speaker 4: No, tell me about it.
Speaker 2: So I've actually specifically thought of Mike a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like Shadow Run kind of art almost well, always described to me as an im sim but like comedic, and so soon as I heard that, I thought Mike Mahart because yeah, people were saying like, oh, it's like Prey or Dishonored, but like if it was funny, and and yes, that does appear to be an accurate description of it. I suck at it, so like, I don't think I loved it, But I think this is a me problem because like it clearly gives you a million tools here where it's like you're in space and you're saving cats from like spaceship, like space.
Speaker 4: I can get behind this is this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the most Mike ma hearty coded game ever. So yeah, you're in space and some saving cats and so there's stuff like okay, you can go up and there's a soap dispenser and if you hit that, it'll make a cloud of flammable soap liquid in the air and you can go hide somewhere wait for a guy to walk through it, and you can throw a lighter and you can you know, ignite everything. Or like you can set a banana down next to an airlock, and a guy slipped on a banana and get sucked out of an airlock into space next to a what air lock? No, you sleep on a what? But nanna thank you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you slip on the banana, and but I suck at it. So I would just get caught and throw like pepper in their face and then go like try to beat them to death of the pipe. So it was frustrating for me because it's like I could tell there were so many cool things you could do, and I wanted to do them, but I just kept sucking up. But I think I think either review would be much better than me at this, and it's fun too. Is like when you knock out an enemy, you have to like their head comes off and you have to to kill them kill them. You have to like send their head out into space so you can throw their head into an air lock and jettison it out, or you can throw it in a trash can that exits into space. Otherwise it will like shre like the head gets like reconnected to the body basically, and they come back to life. So this is a weird game for sure.
Speaker 1: Look, you're saving cats that are in like these like locked up like in case of fire break the glass kind of containers.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you're getting like a blue cat key and you go save Jerry the cat. And then after you save them, they're like emailing you. So like you go up to terminals and you're like responding to cat emails and having conversations with them and stuff. It's it's got a lot of personality. I think it works. I think describing it, I would worry that it's like, Oh, is this gonna be fucking Internet? Oh isn't bacon sweet? I can't have cheeseburger like wacky random humor.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It seems actually funny.
Speaker 1: Like I like the tone of this game a lot, and I think if I was just better at these type of games, I would love it.
Speaker 2: But I got it here what Mike would.
Speaker 1: Think of it? But also Mary, I think this might be like, this could be like a fun stream indie game for you.
Speaker 5: Usually when they're games like this, I struggle with them too, because I'm not sneaky, and usually unless it's being more clear with what it wants me to do, I'll be like this is too sandboxy.
Speaker 4: Just tell me like what you want of me in this situation.
Speaker 1: But I love the.
Speaker 4: Humor of it.
Speaker 5: It's like it looks like another way you can go heart of the heads is by flushing them. This is a funny idea, is like you're just like getting rid of these heads after you've killed them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like, yeah, I'm seeing gameplay.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, you got you escaped one sector or whatever you want to say through the trash shoot. So now you smell and you're tracking fark like smell clouds around which they can follow you by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I came out of a stinky thing or whatever, and like those text on the screens like you are smelly. It's oh shit, I'm smelly, so like you got to keep your stink in mind. But it's also stuff like you know, you you break a window with something and then you walk past it and oh shit, you get glass in your feet and you have to like, you know, pull the glass out and stuff like. There's just a lot of interesting interactions with the environment, in the enemies in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks rad I like the I kind of read this description in Mary's voice. It's like, skin Deep is an immersive first person shooter. We got sneezing, we got things getting stuck in your feet. It's is the most like Mary wrote that kind of Okay.
Speaker 4: Maybe I did their marketing. Yeah, You're out numbered. I love.
Speaker 5: I haven't heard much about this, and I also haven't heard much from Annapurna in a while, so I'm quite interested in what's going on over there.
Speaker 3: Blendo Games.
Speaker 1: What else did they do?
Speaker 3: They Quadrilateral Cowboy and Cyber No, what's it called?
Speaker 1: Quadrilateral Cowboy, Gravity Bone Flotilla, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Adam Zombie, no Hypno Space Outlaw was the same people that did that. They did another similar game. But yeah, okay, yeah, so you know the humor is good, you know, yeah, Quastion Literal Cowboys humor was definitely good. The hacking game for those didn't play it was it was funny. Yeah, I want to play this, Yeah, I'd love to hear what you two think of it, because I wanted to add to kart Go right now?
Speaker 2: Do that expense?
Speaker 1: This is a company that I'm joking.
Speaker 2: We work for companies and expense stuff.
Speaker 1: Look at us. No, I'm uh, I'm just gonna. Oh I don't have a Steam. Oh I'm not in Steam, or I was in the I was on.
Speaker 4: The websites, not Steam anyway, what other games.
Speaker 3: I was on the website.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on a second, let's check this out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, minus seventy percent of the Wischer three wild Hout with expansions seven forty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, saying things out loud, My god.
Speaker 3: Oh Dan's gone and it's just me doing this.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mike, you're playing. They are billions.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is gonna be a really quick thing.
Speaker 1: I I don't think. No, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Fairbellians does not have rats.
Speaker 2: What am I thinking of I don't know.
Speaker 1: Depends. I think zombies, not rats, though it's rats. There's no rats in it's zombies. So I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think this would have been pre fire Escape.
Speaker 1: Uh this game.
Speaker 3: Numantean Game's Spanish studio made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's it's not a new game whatsoever. I just went back to replay it lately. It's still really fucking good.
Speaker 2: It's like RTS, but you're like basically just building the base and then the waves of rats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it was made for people who play real time strategy games.
Speaker 2: Zombies, not Wrave of rats.
Speaker 1: See that's wave. But I liked it. I remember I played a decent amount of it, and there's like a shit, this is this is kind of scratching, like a base building itch. Yeah. No, well so it's it's built. They literally built it for people who turtle in real time strategy games, whereas you played defensively and you slowly build out your base and build up your the strength of your forces.
Speaker 3: So you're just you start off with a like a.
Speaker 1: In command center rather and you get a few different like bow and arrow characters and a soldier, and you're just expanding across this wasteland, building shelters and then fishing huts for food, lumber mills, stone quarries, and eventually you're building up an army. But your main concern is that every like ten depending on the difficulty, every ten to thirty days, Zombies waves of zombies are gonna attack, and the game's tech is such that it can render a lot of zombies at once and explosions and blood, blood pops and whatnot. So you're just it's defending this base over time and slowly expanding it when you need more space. Eventually, the last wave, it's like, all right, they're coming.
Speaker 3: They are billions.
Speaker 1: It's not actually a billion, but it's quite a few of them. If you haven't played this game, I don't know. If you're a strategy fan, real time strategy fan and you like Turtling and Command of conquer or Company of Heroes, what have you?
Speaker 2: Check us out. It's still in really good spot.
Speaker 1: Do not.
Speaker 3: Don't play the campaign. Play the survival mode.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, they started with survival mode in early access and they added the campaign. All the campaign does is some very loose story on top of pretty boring linear missions that introduce certain units at a very slow pace, as opposed to survival, which is very much about kind of making the most of your time, and you know, you send out parties to go investigate zombie villages and get the resources there. I don't know, just a shout to them, because this game has held up. Have you heard of a Tempest rising?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the Command of Conquer inspired.
Speaker 1: I want to play that.
Speaker 2: I've played very briefly and it's extremely Command and Conquer like. They even got like Frank Klapaki for some like music tracks. What era mechanically speaking, maybe like a Tiberian Sun or a Tiberian Sun Red Alert to era.
Speaker 1: I would say, oh, I think you would like I would maybe we should play it against each other at some point.
Speaker 3: No, I know the time period're saying.
Speaker 1: I was saying Tiberian Sun Radulers, who are very different games in terms of like how they flow.
Speaker 2: The units themselves are more GDI verse NOD, but a gameplay itself and a lot of the sounds is like the fucking unit sounds sound like they're straight out a Red Alert too. So it's definitely thinking of like numerous Command of Conquer games while playing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to play that for sure? Is it early access? There's a fully out it's out out now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we got a couple of emails asking if we had played that.
Speaker 1: I'm not yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to play more. For sure strategy game.
Speaker 1: Our real time strategy is kind of the thing I go to the most lately to get away from everything in terms of, like I'm playing new games, but when I have a choice of what to play outside of trying to keep up with new releases, it's real time strategy. That's probably why I went back to their Billions, but Tempest Rising is high on my list as well.
Speaker 3: Nice Mary, what else have you been playing?
Speaker 4: I played a game that Dan recommended to me.
Speaker 5: Dan told me that he was playing this game called Bionic Bay that was like kind of limbo, you know, where you.
Speaker 4: Just go through it. You die, but you do your best to survive and you learn the different rules of the world. And I I he was right. I'm playing it and I think it's really cool. It has atmosphere out the wazoo. Oh yeah, you are essentially in some kind of like futuristic fucked up factory. I don't know what they're making in that factory, but he's deadly. There is like a bomb up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's bombs everywhere, and the gears are sharp, and you're just this tiny person in this giant factory. If you look at any screenshot or any gameplay from this game, you'll you just this tiny little person with these gangly little arms and you're dipping diving through these giant mechanical parts trying to survive.
Speaker 4: Now, the interesting component of this game that I don't know if you explained. Maybe I was like I'm not listening, but like I don't remember you telling me about the swipsop ability ability.
Speaker 5: Where you can like punch stuff and then you can swap places with it, which is really nice and new way to play on this limbo type game where you're constantly dying and getting crossed or electrocuted or melted or whatever. But like in this one, maybe a laser is coming towards you and there's a box, so you have to switch places with the box.
Speaker 4: The laser hits the box and not you. Now you're hiding behind the box. I think that's a really fun concept behind it.
Speaker 5: I think there are other games that are like completely dedicated to swip swapping, like Swapper and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Like I think if you like things like that, this game is so up your alley. I think it's been a fun ride so far.
Speaker 2: And even though the platforming, like the jumping that like roll dive, you know, dive.
Speaker 5: In the air like that dive then jump on. Yeah, there's a roll jump dive jump dive is the longest and it's a big ass jump and that's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes when you're doing that with like swapping a thing out like okay, and then I'm gonna drop this block onto spike so i can land on it, and like, oh, it's really fucking cool.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of platforming in this that I don't think Limbo every day every day, and like, I know, maybe like the Limbo comparison is mostly because you die a lot, like you're experiencing something.
Speaker 4: And your intention. The intention is for you to die and then learn and be like, oh, okay, I see this crushes me. I need this faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like the atmosphere kind of like it's got that Limbo vibe to it. It is just like Limbo is heavier.
Speaker 2: The needle is more in the puzzle side with Limbo, and it's more in the platforming on this. But there's elements of both in both, you know, and.
Speaker 5: I and I appreciate platforming puzzles. It's like one of my favorite things to do. So over time, like figuring out how it wants me to get past a certain area has been quite fun. There's some gotcha's, just like any of these games where like you think you've gotten passinary and you touch a box and it explodes, and it's like, well those are the exploding boxes, and it's like, all right, you little bitch. But like, I think it's fun and lighthearted and simple enough, and the save states are respectful enough that even when I die randomly because they didn't know that that thing was going to kill me, I'm like five seconds away from that area.
Speaker 4: It's very considerate.
Speaker 2: I'm always laughing. I'm never frustrated when I like die to something like that because like there's not like a load time when you die, it's just like you're right back there. And like Mary said, the save states are just like right, like your checkpoints are right where you were, so like you'll never lose a ton of progress.
Speaker 1: It's I will just because your little dude gets fucked up. It's just like, oh that thing just cuts me, cuts my limbs off. Oh that thing explodes me. It's like a let's try that a different way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's not a frustrating game. I think it's I think it's nice.
Speaker 5: I also just will say visually, I think it's the something kind of almost monochrome about it, where like everything is either like all soft.
Speaker 4: Blues or like all warm orange hues. They've done a good job visually. The aesthetic is nice.
Speaker 5: You're in some kind of futuristic tech world or hell, I don't really know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even try to like, it's just like, oh, something goes wrong, some science experiment went wrong at the beginning, and like at the end of like each like longer level, you'll get like a page of text from like a dead guy or a scientist or something. Yes, like okay, whatever, it's you don't. You don't need to follow anything story wise here on the Dowey.
Speaker 4: Versus Talkie scale. You just show up in this factory and like eight hours in there's like one paragraph yes you don't, and you don't have to read it.
Speaker 2: And I was worried that it wasn't gonna run well on steam Deck because like there's a lot of physics stuff going on in this game. But it is a fantastic flight game. It's a great steam Deck game. Highly recommended.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been I've really liked to thank you for the recommendation.
Speaker 5: I think this is perfect for someone who's just looking for like a I don't want to say brain dead.
Speaker 4: I think there are some puzzles, there are some thinking's, but not like not really.
Speaker 5: Most of the time, it's just like, get it done, figure it out, get past this glowing blob, don't get electrocuted, don't let this crush you.
Speaker 4: Like what I'm Yeah, yeah, don't get electrocuted. Don't let this crush you. Figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, awesome game again. Took like hours off of my Japan flight recently, just real good flight game.
Speaker 4: It's it's probably longer than it seems too, because I put like eight hours into it, and I don't think. I don't know how far I am into it, but I bet I have a lot more to go.
Speaker 2: But it evolves enough, like it's not like you're just doing the same thing over and over again. It's like, Okay, this is really heavy on the swap mechanic, and then it's moving into a different thing. And yeah, it's very very smartly put together game.
Speaker 4: Cool, thank you for the wreck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're about to deliver at all costs. This is a wacky little game that speaks to me. Also on the Dewey scale. Actually there is there is more talking than nude expect in this game. But the dewey is very dewey. It's isometric. You're driving a car around. You're a delivery guy. You work for a company called We Deliver, and it's just really weird shit. So like one of the first emissions is like, oh, at this tiki bar, all of these watermelons got stinky and gross and there's bugs on them. It's like, okay, well, I'm going to get paid to take these watermelons to a pesticide plant or whatever and spram all with pesticides and then I'm going.
Speaker 2: And like while they're in the back of your truck. It's all physics. So it's like you start with sixty watermelons and you need to at least deliver twenty. But if you take a turn too sharp, nope, there go ten watermelons. You know, so you're like really trying to be careful.
Speaker 4: Delivering this crazy taxi boy in a way.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is a lot of delivering. It's not as yeah, say, ye taxi goes room, but I know that's not what it is. But it's just similar name convention. Sure, No, it's it's less time specifically than crazy Taxi. It crazy tax She was made for the arcade, so it's like get people out, get another quarter.
Speaker 2: Know this one is. There are some time missions, but it's a lot more just like get up and down this precarious mountain and drive a truck into a volcano. Or like that watermelon one, so you spray with pesticides, then you take them to like a place where you paint them all green, and then you go sell them back to the tiki bar because it's like, oh, look they're fresh melons. It's like no, you just sprayed the bugs off them and painted them green. So just weird shit like that. You're delivering fireworks, like boxes of fireworks while they're all going off and like they're exploding and making the physics on your cargo crazy. You can get spike spike wheels. You can like get a catapult that launches stuff off of your truck. There's alien stuff where you're following saucers around and taking pictures while they're abducting cows. It's just it almost it's got the vibe of like a weird PS two game that.
Speaker 5: I really it definitely does. It is that in like a nineteen forties mobster era.
Speaker 2: Sixties and it's kind of like idyllic sixties stuff, and like there is a little more story than I think I would want in this game, because it's not the best in terms of story, but the driving around I think a key thing is too. The destructibility is you can just drive straight through any building, Like you go into the suburbs and you're driving through every church, every store, every house. Oh yeah, yeah, and it's it all just is very satisfying the way everything kind of breaks apart and then it's like, oh you have to like go the opposite direction where it's like I have a bomb in the back of my truck and if I tap another car, it's going to like terminat or to nuke explode everything in this area. So it's it's it is all just delivering stuff for me to be for the most part. But it does a good job of kind of keeping those missions fresh. You know, I haven't played like something like that in a while.
Speaker 5: It seems fun, like kind of silly and quirky, and like, I don't it seems interesting though, but like what's the depth of it is?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 4: Is it super cash?
Speaker 2: It's ketch, Like I I have come to kind of play it as a podcast game. You know, at first, like the tone is very quirky and fun, but there is just a lot of story, and I'm I don't love it as much as like the tone great, the story itself, It's just kind of convoluted unnecessarily, and so I do find myself just kind of like listening to podcasts or you know, like I'll have something on in the background while I'm playing this, and like I'm just kind of here for the driving around and destroying shit. And the missions are more fun than the cut scenes between the missions, for sure. Yeah, very very very fun. And it turns out Konami's making video games again, so that's great.
Speaker 4: Why Konami does it feel like it should.
Speaker 1: Be Oh it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I was surprised when I went to that event in England and it was like, okay, I'm going to the Snake Eater event and so yeah, they got Snake Eater, but also Silent Hill too, which is also good, and then also delivered all costs, this quirky indie game. It's like, wait, they have three games here and they're all good and very surprising, Like we had two remakes but then one totally original indie game, like yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool. Remind me when Snake Eater's out. What is it like August September or something like that. Okay, so it's still a ways, yeah, but it is this year. They did August twenty six, so I mean that's just three months away. I can't wait for that. It No, it's what I played this very good, all right. I think it's all the games I played more Blueprints. I'm still playing that, liking it more and more than more I.
Speaker 4: Play it, I finish it because we're going to do a spoiler.
Speaker 3: Cast, so I love great.
Speaker 1: Will it be obvious when I quote unquote beat it, I didn't beat it.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you don't actually ever beat it. But there are a credits roll, right, But.
Speaker 1: Like the Hades, you know when you quote you like beat you you beat the bass game. I think if you see credits, I think you beat. Like if you want to be a real sicko about it, you can. And I resila, but it's like this will goes very deep and I had to play other seven at a certain point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I think you'll know where I'm not yet.
Speaker 5: There's like a there's like a vo and everything, like there's like a like there's like a voiceover and there's like a I don't know if it's animated, but there's like an ending.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's getting the room forty six. You know, it's the thing I tell you from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not lying about that, Okay, cool? Yeah, Uh, y'all keep playing that. I'd love to do a spoiler cast some point. All right, you wanna you want to talk about emails? Sure, yeah, let's talk about yeah, okay, cool. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So crazy that they used to like be like you are in so much trouble at this company and then they would stamp it and put it in the mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah you get it. Yeah, flee the country by that point. Yeah, I could be it. I could be in I could be in fucking Guadaloupe by that point.
Speaker 3: You don't know where I'm going.
Speaker 1: We don't. We'll talk about emails all right, as usual. You can write into firescape cast at gmail dot com. Get those questions comments in, mainly questions. Uh, We've we've got a pretty deep well most of the time, but we've been running through a bunch of them. Dan and Mike and Jeff I think did like eight on their episode. So keep filling up that inbox with questions for the show. We might read it if we like enough. Mary, can you read this one? From? This is from Jeffrey, Mary, I believe also like a Kanini fan, so long time fire Escape as well.
Speaker 4: But coo you an apology? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Earlier tonight, I ordered my kids and our sitter the nude Dominoes stuff Cruss pizza, which.
Speaker 4: Apparently only comes out in medium. I didn't know that. Whatever I had a slice, it was good. I went out for drinks, et cetera, et cetera, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I got home and leftover room temp slice of aforementioned pizza, and goddamn it, if that room temp pizza was the best fucking thing I ate all day.
Speaker 4: It was even more memorable than when it was hot.
Speaker 5: What are other foods that are better at room temp after they've been left out than when they are fresh?
Speaker 4: Jeffrey, Oh, really.
Speaker 1: Quick, because I know, Dan, you've got some stuff locked and loaded. I got an idea or Jeffrey, I want to clarify something in this email, because what it sounds like is he had a sitter come over right to go out for the night. So the sitter is gonna watch the kids, so he ordered pizza for the kids in the sitter.
Speaker 3: Oh, positing that maybe you just got home.
Speaker 1: After a couple of drinky poos and anything you were gonna eat really good. No, and I'm growning on that this.
Speaker 2: Is a good pizza. I'm telling you I had.
Speaker 1: I had two Domino's pizzas this week, and I have two Dominos pizzas.
Speaker 3: I'm a thin crust.
Speaker 1: It's got a like the cardboard thin crust, and I mean it's it's cardboard cracker crust. Yeah, that's what I got. So it was judging. I'm just saying it was a six nine. You can as many things as you want for six ninety nine from this list. So I got the parmesan uh stuff crust with a bacon on one half pepperoni and the other half. And then for the other medium pizza, I got my thin crust barbecue with ranch tip. Thing.
Speaker 3: It sounds it all sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. Yeah, I don't fall you for it.
Speaker 3: But what's a yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So to answer the question, what is something that tastes better room temp after it's cooled off on crustables? Okay, wait those already be now they come from the freezer, and then you'll leave them out for like forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Right you don't pressure?
Speaker 2: Well, am I wrong? Then that they're better at room.
Speaker 1: He specifically says, so, what are other foods that are better at room temperature? Then they've then let at left out than when they are fresh, like hot Halo top, Halo top the ice cream. You just did the same thing with our heads when you said you had.
Speaker 2: A halo toper the Briars Delights or something.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna say ice cream when you pull ice cream out of the or like we'll eat out of like the things. Yeah, yeah, we'll lead out of the cartons, the tolenty also like even sorbet, when it melts a bit and it gets that little like puddle around the edges, then it gets better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ice cream was mine.
Speaker 2: You gotta be patient. You give it at least ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Or just breathe really hard on it.
Speaker 2: You mean microwave for like ten seconds to kind of kick started.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there's methods, there's there's ways. Yeah, there's there's be a few things too. I would actually say, like this is a sopranos thing I would say ZD. Like pasta involving cheese, I would say it's better once it's cooled off a bit and the cheese gets a bit chewier and kind of quag like.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with pizza too. It's super hot, let it sit for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what I mean to avoid burning, I mean, I just think the texture of like ZD or lasagna is better once the cheese is cooled off, because the cheese is incorporated into the actual dome much better.
Speaker 2: Mac and cheese is the same way. It'll be a little soup if you.
Speaker 4: Do it right away, say mac and cheese.
Speaker 5: I personally, when I make mac and cheese, I usually put it in the fridge or just leave it around. And just like pizza, I think mac and cheese is better the second eating. It's just had time to marinate a lot of pasta there adding its flavors.
Speaker 1: Yeah. To that point, I would actually say, this is not exactly the question. I would say most braised or like stewed food. I would say most stews are better once they've sat in the fridge overnight and the flavors incorporate way more.
Speaker 5: You usually want to reheat those. It's a bit someone, but like it's mac and cheese. I actually will eat cold from the fridge and it's fucking delicious.
Speaker 4: It's still good.
Speaker 2: But also mac and cheese just microwaved is very good. Still, like it's very reheatable. Like there's some stuff like French fries. You never want a microwave that sucks ass. The Airfriyer's the only way that makes it even decent. Even even that's kind of a pale imitation a pizza, Like I air fried so much that Domino's and it was like better the second time around. Taco Bell is extremely good air fried, Like oh yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Can you have Taco bell room tem and be like that is better than when it keep better.
Speaker 2: It's good, but it's it's not going to be better, no, okay.
Speaker 3: I have one that are better when they've cooled off than if they're hot.
Speaker 4: I think that's true too, and I think it's just because they're two hots.
Speaker 3: Chew in my dessert.
Speaker 5: I have definitely every time I like go to Buffalo Wild Wings or like any sports bra bra sports we actually we have a sports bar in uh in Portland called the sports Bra and it's a Women's Sports bar.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's very funn that.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I these Angels and Kaitlyn Clark face off.
Speaker 3: So you have you been seeing the ship, dude?
Speaker 4: I can't get enough of it.
Speaker 3: Every time the face off.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's like they break a new record, every viewership record, every time they play. They hate each other and it's the same team. No, Dan, this is like w W level, like like drama gets played up, Magic Johnson Larry Bird thing.
Speaker 5: If one of them like touches the other one, they're like, that's a foul each other and they and they and they push each other.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, there's there's a clip look up like Kitlyn Clark Angel Reese the other day. Angel Reese is I want to say, like a foot and a half, if not even more taller than Kitlyn Clark. They're complete different positions, but they like they know each other from college ball, like so so oh Angel is that? Okay? I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I recon the name because there's a McDonald's and I think there's an Angel Reconal and.
Speaker 3: They're blown up. They're getting sponsorships.
Speaker 2: You probably a ceial Okay, the Angel Rees Special and then Kaitlyn Clark I think I saw on SNL, so I think I'm familiar with her too.
Speaker 1: Angel Reese was LS she plays for the Sky, but yeah, she played for LSU.
Speaker 3: So, but yeah, Kaitlyn Clark just.
Speaker 1: Like comes in w n b A and all these all these athletes when she got there last year were like, hey, welcome. They're tossing her. I mean, she's really fucking good, but they're tossing her around, like, hey welcome. This is a much more physical league. So I think this like she's just I mean, were there only two games in or whatever, but first game of the season they played like these two rival players played and like Angel Reese caught a rebound and Caitlyn Clark like threw her and then she got.
Speaker 3: Up and start off.
Speaker 2: It's been it's been awesome, dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what why did how the fuck are talking about this?
Speaker 2: Why did you bring this up?
Speaker 1: Mary? Uh? Yeah? I think, I mean, and then I just.
Speaker 2: Heard now do we get there?
Speaker 3: Taco Bell sponsorship?
Speaker 2: No, that was after how do we go from fast food and microwaving stuff to women's basketball?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fucked I said, We'll roll back the tape. I'll figure it out on sports bra Ah, that's it. Oh they only play women's sports. Yes, sounds like they're probably busy these days anyway.
Speaker 5: So the sports bar where I go anytime I'm doing sports bars and I want to have food, I always order, always order fried pickles if they are in the form of discs, not spears. And fried pickles are straight up better if they've cooled off in a room temp.
Speaker 4: They just are.
Speaker 5: They're too fucking hot, their little lava bombs. You don't want any of that. You just have to wait until they're about like warm room temp. And that's when they're like their sweet spot, like a juicy lucy.
Speaker 4: Juicy Lucy's are that's so you don't.
Speaker 1: Melt your mouth though. That's I don't have the option of eating them hot. There's a place here that does, uh, Dana, I don't know if you've been. No, I don't think you would have been, But there's a place does like fried zucchini alongside their fried pickles. I would.
Speaker 3: I would also argue to agree.
Speaker 1: With you Mary that fried pickles when they're super hot, the breading and the pickle separate way too easily and it becomes two separate things. They're more they're of a piece like that, you're gonna bite into it. It's going to continue to what what's funny?
Speaker 2: What did I say?
Speaker 1: Why you laugh?
Speaker 4: Of a piece?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're cohesive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're better in the trash can. Not a fan of pickles, I don't think so. I think I've had them, Mike once.
Speaker 4: Are so great.
Speaker 5: You are just like you are so off your game when you you talk about flavor and the things that are so valuable to you.
Speaker 4: Pickles are a secret flavor.
Speaker 3: They just are.
Speaker 2: There's no way that's true.
Speaker 5: It's like got salt and like some I love salt, pickley flavor, like the sour pickle flavor, chips.
Speaker 4: And crunch, it's got all good good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pickles are top tier snack. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I think this comes back to Granted I never had pickles.
Speaker 2: But I think it ruined it for me in high school or junior high when I worked at funkal Land and my assistant manager, Tim would pay for my meal if I would drive to McDonald's and I would get him a number two, which is the two cheeseburger meal with extra pickles. So basically, if I go in there and picking it up, I'd get a free meal, but that man, my fucking car smelled like Tim's shitty pickles all the fucking time in the summer, and I was like, fuck pickles, I hate these, But I never had them leading up for that either.
Speaker 5: So I'm just saying I think spite is like very powerful, But I just I think you are missing out as someone who really likes I don't know, fast food and like like just really intense flavor profiles like pickles are where it's at.
Speaker 1: Man, Like I just's I just want meat and cheese and bread, like I just anything else, any condiments outside of barbecue sauce, which is delicious, is just going to distract from the things I love. Yeah, you can focus, you can enhance the things you love with like a hint of like a hint cues.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would be insulting to the meat and cheese of the quarter pounder if I was like, let's put some ketchup on there.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're giving enough credit to your mouth or your brain, Like I think they would both be fine with you adding a sligh.
Speaker 2: Mouth and brain are both great, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 4: I do you think he gives his brain a lot of credit? Maybe too much credit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you could start putting more stuff in your mouth. You'd be fine.
Speaker 3: Try expand your horizons.
Speaker 1: But they would just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like we could do it delicately, like a very like put some tiny pickle in there, Lacroix of pickle.
Speaker 2: If I put a pickle in a pickle in there, if I don't like, it's too risky, because if I don't like it, then I've ruined a good, perfectly good quarter pounders.
Speaker 3: Okay, so pay another dollar eighty whatever.
Speaker 2: I can't expend stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: Use our card, I'll grant, I'll give you can use all right, you can door to ash me a pickle meal for McDonald's. And two is I want to order like five burgers or whatever. You know, five quarter pounders and three of them are gonna have pickles. I mean it would be the scales would be tilted in your favor because you could tell which ones have pickles in them, so you'd like automatically say I don't like this one, but I want.
Speaker 2: To I've had five thousand quarter pounders in my life. Maybe three of them had barbecue sauce on it. None had pickles. You're not a fan of barbecue sauce?
Speaker 1: No, I like a lot.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm just saying that, Like, I don't like the barbie sauce. Fucking incredible. But you're a quarter pounder. It's a city, and you don't like barbecue sauce. You're in.
Speaker 1: I've had, so I'll chug barbecue sauce.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dam doesn't like barbecue sauce.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm saying. I don't want to distract from the meat, the cheese, the bread. The ratio of the quarter is pristine. It is perfect, and to put anything else on there would do it at a service.
Speaker 4: It enhances the cheese.
Speaker 2: How do you know that if you haven't tried it with common stuff? It's common sense?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, But to that end, did you ever have anything besides cheese, pizza, meat?
Speaker 2: I won't do like vegetables and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, But you added stuff to the cheese and the sauce and the bread again, meat, cheese, bread. That's the combin. That's the triforce. Okay, which one's Gannendorf meat? Oh yeah, it's an easy one. Which one's link.
Speaker 2: Uh cheese. Oh, I would have gone bread. I think Zeldous cheese.
Speaker 1: Bread and Zelda's cheese.
Speaker 2: Oh the blonde hair, well they're both con blonde. Yeah whatever because of the blonde hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, obviously Zelds cheese, cheese blonde.
Speaker 2: I can't see a blonde lady without thinking about cheese, Margot, Robbie, I'm thinking about.
Speaker 4: Easy hair.
Speaker 2: Or you, Natalia, thank you, Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Uh?
Speaker 1: Dan? Can you read this one? From Nathan Hey?
Speaker 2: Fire Escape? What are Sometimes you've been surprised by games media's reaction to a game. I was told my friend a few years ago that I needed to play a plague Tail recre.
Speaker 1: I bened the game over a weekend. To be clear, that's not how he spelled it, That's just how Dan pronounced it.
Speaker 2: A Plaguetail recreem ivened the game over a reckroom for a dream. I bened the game over a weekend and nearly cried at the ending, loved every minute. I was surprised to find out most people in games media either got bored of it or didn't have any thoughts on it at all. Have you had any games that you loved or hated, only to find out reviews completely disagreed with your opinion.
Speaker 1: Nathan.
Speaker 6: Yes, the fucking Walking Dead game that sucks us. That everyone just fucking had some nationwide delusion, games of industry wide delusion that this is an.
Speaker 2: Important or good game in any way. It sucks so much shit. I said I wouldn't do this anymore after death dranting red redemption too, but enough times gone by and I still feel like Walking Dead sucks.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 3: The Telltale game, yes, well, there's like five.
Speaker 1: Well whatever, and one that everyone said was a game of the year and everyone's like, you're all losing your fucking minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there sucks.
Speaker 1: There were reviews that are like this gives me the sense that everything's about the change, and like, shut up, no, I got you in it. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: For the record, I came away from.
Speaker 4: It being like, all right, too, I don't think it's godie, but I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: A lot of people said that's something.
Speaker 1: If it just came out and a bunch of like visual novel dorks liked it or whatever, I'd be like, Okay, yeah, I have a bunch of theater kids like, oh it made me cry.
Speaker 2: Whatever, that's fine, enjoy your shit. I but it's the fact that everyone around me was like, this is game of the year. It's like, you're all fucking this.
Speaker 1: Disney adults, theater kids blame for all the woes of the world.
Speaker 4: We hate Manat.
Speaker 2: I'm not now anybody.
Speaker 4: He's banned from the podcast.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's my co owner.
Speaker 1: Dan's lost his edge. Mary, me and you can go at theater kids and Disney adults all we want.
Speaker 2: No, no, they're very easy to make fun of.
Speaker 4: Yes, AND's too soft now he doesn't want to adult.
Speaker 2: I am an anti theater kid and anti Disney doll. Don't let that slip. But there guess why you're anti I'm not. I'm not anti every theater good friend with Alex Bone Yellow. He's the most theater kid motherfucker I've ever met.
Speaker 1: You're gonna latch onto him. And Dan puts meat on his pizza, Now, like, what is this? He's the Come on, Mary, let's me and you talk about this.
Speaker 4: I Manati don't care for him.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, the question Manadi.
Speaker 4: I know podcast I like Manative.
Speaker 2: Let's all just save his name for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Mikeni, Mike Manati, Manati, Mike Manati.
Speaker 2: He's so much he's just and chuckling to himself in it.
Speaker 1: In this he might be.
Speaker 3: MIMINAI.
Speaker 2: I hate to say. It is a fun name to say.
Speaker 1: It is a nice name.
Speaker 3: I enjoy the name a lot.
Speaker 4: Tolkoto confusing.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you see it's J. R. R. Tolkien and Shagaro Miamoto.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Minus everyone's going to.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 5: When this game came out, everyone was like, this game is so incredible, It's so monumental, Like I cannot believe it. This is what uh we don't like the term walking sim that's not honest and indicative of like what these games are. But it's just like I just walked around and ghosts like whispered to me and nothing really interesting happened.
Speaker 1: Frit Function, you just didn't know.
Speaker 2: Look, And I'm not anti walking. So I love Gone Home. I love you a Finch.
Speaker 1: All there gonna be really great ones. Edith Finch is still my favorite. I think that was awesome. Yeah, but no, everybody's gone to the raptures. What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: I'm over it. I didn't care for that game, and it got really high reviews and I was not on board.
Speaker 1: And there are a few.
Speaker 2: There were some that I went the other way with where I thought, like, I fucking love this game.
Speaker 4: I got what it came out, Yeah, this would be positive ones.
Speaker 1: This is probably not aged well or not in like problematic way I reviewed Far Cry Primal.
Speaker 3: Remember that Stone.
Speaker 4: Age, I remember I like that game.
Speaker 1: I loved that game, I thought, and.
Speaker 3: It's not like my favorite fucking game.
Speaker 1: Ever, I don't think about it most times unless someone emails a question about games that we had a different reaction to. I just loved that, you know, like that series was already kind of flagging and getting a bit boring, and then they did this okay, Stone Age, and they resisted the urge to ever make you feel overpowered until pretty late in the game.
Speaker 2: I thought that was actually pretty rad, and like they had the whole night.
Speaker 1: Time thing where predators are coming out more like fucking Saber two tigers are more aggressive at night and trying to hunt you.
Speaker 3: All you have a spear and a sling.
Speaker 1: I had a tower, like at least people will say they're trying to keep this franchise life. And then people were like, no, this fucking sucks. I'm like, all right, you know tis their own. I'm gonna go fucking throw spears at fucking dinosaurs. There's no dinosaurs in the game. Oh fire a fire escape or a far Cry with dinosaurs would be fair? Would that's a pretty good idea?
Speaker 4: Would be fun?
Speaker 1: Is there one?
Speaker 4: I guess the actually mechanical and so you kind of have to like take them down in like a mechanical way.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, you're describing a boring game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a monster Hunter.
Speaker 4: Hands on the trolley.
Speaker 5: There was a game that came out that critically, people just ignored it or they didn't say it was very favorable that I love that not a lot of people know about.
Speaker 4: And it's trying three. Oh yeah, person trying three slaps. It is a three everybody talks about. You know what is it called? It takes two?
Speaker 5: And all these games you have to have two people Trying three is the fucking shit.
Speaker 4: It's three player puzzles and one.
Speaker 5: Person is a archer, and one person is really strong, and one person is a wizard who makes boxes and you need to.
Speaker 4: Use each other to solve all these puzzles.
Speaker 5: Three people puzzle solving is actually so much fun, and you can grief each other and you have to work together and collaborate to solve these puzzles. I cannot believe everyone slept on this game trying three rocks and everyone should play it being pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this question is tough for me because every strategy game I play that I love, I'm like, why, why why don't more people love these games. I routinely stand up in the middle of flights and just start shouting wilder myth. I really hot on that one. Yeah, yeah, it was my game of the year. Yeah twenty one, forget what that was.
Speaker 2: I feel like nobody saves the world.
Speaker 1: I was remember that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the people who played it. I just don't think that many people. It didn't really blow up. I also think Returnal, like it's a well liked game and it reviewed well, but like I was blown away by that game, and I feel like we gave it game of the year.
Speaker 4: You know, it did pretty good.
Speaker 1: It did pretty good.
Speaker 2: But like I will talk to people about it, and I feel like US three are higher on it than maybe the general consensus.
Speaker 5: I'm like obsessed with that game, but I do think I do think it was moderately favorable. I think like this is like people forgot about it or they just.
Speaker 4: Didn't give a shit about it, And.
Speaker 5: You're like, why didn't more people care about this game? Like why didn't more people talk about this game? They should have been talking about it.
Speaker 2: Yep Signalis, Yeah years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, old school kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Like, No, that's not the best because, like I guess it's literally going for that old school survival horror niche, which is just that it's kind of niche today.
Speaker 4: I see. I'm putting some of these in like Metacritic just to be like, does anybody talk about these?
Speaker 1: Nathan like a Plaguetail Requiem was surprising to me. I I wholeheartedly agree with him. That game is awesome. Uh, Plaguetail Innocence more people talked about I think that game came out and people are like, oh cool, this is that Last of Us third person over the shoulder stealth combat when you need to really frantic, you're also protecting this weaker character next to you. But also the level design is such that you know it's encouraging you to sneak by when you can, but then using the things in your environment to your disposal when you need to and then Plaque Out Requiem was in my mind actually better in a lot of ways. I don't know, I actually think looking back, I want to say it came out right before or right after another big game. And also it like Microsoft itself, it was a game Pass Day one game, and I don't know that Microsoft really promoted it all that much. It's a great game, it's also pretty creepy in some spots, like they did the Horror Well. I think both those games are really really good stealth games. I do wish more people talked about those still Wild baster Yeah you know what actually, oh yeah, Wild Bastards. I saw some reviews come out, and I think this was more a case of the game is being divisive. I saw some people reviews saying like, this is one of my favorite shooters roguelikes since like Returnal Sure, and then other people are like, I this is not working for me. I don't get it, which again like it's not made for everybody. But I remember playing Wild Bastards. That was my game of the year last year. Old that game, like I was playing hours and hours like Big Chunks at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, uh I that was my favorite game last year and a lot of people didn't like it.
Speaker 1: That's a great one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of times sometimes people sleep on the good ones.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if there's anything I really disliked that a lot of people liked that, I'm like, I don't, I don't get it.
Speaker 3: There probably is one.
Speaker 4: There's probably a lot.
Speaker 5: I think we could do like an entire episode dedicated towards like we disagree with the masses and you're wrong, And I think that would be pretty fun. I think there's like a lot of sleepers where I was like, I can't believe no one ever played this game, Like it's a bummer that like the world just didn't pay attention.
Speaker 4: And what was that game that I was like fucking raving about no one ever played it? Snackbird, Snickbird is so sick and everybody like nobody played it, nobody.
Speaker 5: Talks about it, Like I tried to sell this bird, Like this bird. I tried to sell this game like crazy.
Speaker 4: It's a fantastic puzzle game and it's got such a good gimmick, and I think to the people who did play it like it, but it's I don't think enough people really knew about it. And that was a bummer. The world was wrong.
Speaker 2: I bet hundreds of people played the game that wouldn't have normally because you were advocating for it.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I mean that actually does make me feel good. I would like to I would like more people to. Maybe that's like one of the good things that this podcast can do. But I hope like more people are able to like try these games. I think I feel that way about my streams too. Is I will play like some weird obscure your indie game that I feel like no one's talking about, and I'll be like, this game is so good, why is anyone talking about this? I beelly, we got to do that more.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt with like Delivered All Costs, where it's like not a lot of people talking about it, and I did a quick look for giant bombs, Like I just want to spread the word. This is a fun game. You know, it's not mean game of the year, It's not going to be getting in tens or anything, but like it's a fun time. People just play it.
Speaker 1: Hero We're all heroes. Yeah, I'm just looking at like different sites top fifties the last few years.
Speaker 5: I know it's fun to look through my Steam history when we get these questions too, because I enjoy looking at my Steam history and being like, oh shit, remember when I played Crawl, which was a four v one asymmetrical indie game before asymmetrical games were really a thing, such a good game, and people really didn't talk about it like I. I love talking about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right, let's go on to the last question.
Speaker 1: Nathan, thank you. All right. This is a self indulgent one from Pete from Central Coast, Australia, High Fire Escapees. Congratulations to Mike becoming a somie. I really enjoyed hearing you give some unique wine pairings on an old episode and really enjoy the combination of sour patch kids with a crisp Chardonnaye. I was hoping you could help me with some pairings for some of the complete garbage I eat now that you're a certified saw me a hopefully without receiving a bill in the mail or without having the wine police kicking down your door to evoke you're selly at powers. All right, he did a few like I don't know it, clearly. I think it's going for like more low brow junk food, which I'm fully on board with.
Speaker 3: That's some of my favorite.
Speaker 2: All Right, cheese and sweet chili on toast.
Speaker 3: Is that an Australian thing? Sounds good, don't get.
Speaker 2: It really good.
Speaker 4: Sweet chili sauce is very Australian, although you usually put it on fries like sweet chili and sour cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cheese and sweet chili sauce on toast. I'm saying between the cheese, which is gonna be fatty, and the chili sauce, which I would imagine some sort of heat or spice, and if it doesn't, that's fine. Out go gome go boujela, go like more full bodied one like more gone or milanavant I. I would say more gone like cote to p from Jean Foyard. Can't go wrong, You know any of these words? Beef jerky, okay, so, cheese and sweet chili sauce. Look up more gone m R R G O N from beaujel a more gone beef jerky. Hmm.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of ways you can go with that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Cabernet franc from the Lais Valley go like a chinon c ch I N o n it's gonna have some good like deeper fruit notes, but it's also gonna have a bit of spice, a bit of like, uh like green notes to it.
Speaker 3: That'll go really well.
Speaker 1: String cheese and pickles, that's the first challenging one, because anything super acidic like pickles, which inherently are just pickled like, which means they're Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree, string cheese though, that's fatty. And then you got pickles that.
Speaker 4: Are pairs really well with a cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 3: One of my cheat ones, and I would say go with a.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm gonna change that.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I'm gonna throw a curveball Central Otago pin noir from uh New Zealand.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I'm gonna it's it's I'm fucking feeling like a rebel today.
Speaker 2: My dad's yelling in this car right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Central Otago, What the hell is this kid thinking of?
Speaker 4: He should have picked up fair.
Speaker 1: Bosele is the easiest pairing for most foods, but uh yeah, string cheese and pickles. I think Central Otago, New Zealand is gonna gonna do you well. It's gonna be really fresh, but there's gonna be enough oak on it to help with that string cheese. Seaweed rice crackers dipped and ketch up. What the fuck? Uh? Seaweed rice crackers. I'm trying to figure that out. Are they predominantly seaweed or are they rice crackers of seaweed on them?
Speaker 4: I mean the seaweed snacks that I like, hell them and there's solocal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can just chomp down on, like, you know, twenty those and feel like.
Speaker 4: You have as many as you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dipped in salty yeah, oh okay.
Speaker 1: Dipped in ketchup though? How about at Narrusso it's from the volcanic slopes in Sicily, I love it. Norello Mascalasa. Maybe a little capuccio in there, like a nice blend.
Speaker 4: Hey, you gotta get yourself a capuccio.
Speaker 3: Ketchup is going to be acidic.
Speaker 1: It's just straight up tomatoes and there's gonna be some vinegar involved as far as I know how ketchup is made. So you want something more acidic, So I would say Edna Bianca or sorry, Edna Russo's are going to steer your right.
Speaker 2: I would say it's a good thing. This is the last email of the show because everyone who's abandoning ship right now, you know they heard the most of the episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the most important pieces that they their politics, their political views, but they need to know about healthcare systems.
Speaker 1: Ball of chocolate cereal with our milk, Ball of chocolate cereal without milk, chocolate's tricky. I would actually say there's like two things I would recommend. I'm gonna say go with a go with like a young ruby port with that twenty bucks off the shelf, good port, no problem, all the Eastern chocolate and marshmallows. I'm gonna you know what I'm gonna say for that, you should go with a Pedro Jmenez sherry that would go well to chocolate. That would also balance out the sweetness and the marshmallows. You want something sweeter than the food. You're fine, there you go, Pete.
Speaker 2: Thanks Pete from Central Coast Australia. Can we reverse matrix mic and take all this knowledge out of his brain?
Speaker 4: That'll be fun and then send his award.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I'm glad you're following your dreams.
Speaker 1: It's funny too because the winebar I work at and I'm not gonna like it's it's not hard to figure out which one I'm at. But it's different now because like it's easy enough to say, oh, I'm streaming on twitch dot tv, slash and Maharty or whatever. It's a different thing for me to say I'm working at this physical brick and mortar place. If if you want to go look, you could figure it out. But I also don't want to just say here's where I am some days, come see me there.
Speaker 2: Make it a puzzle.
Speaker 1: It's not a puzzle. I just I feel like I'm doxing myself if I just say it. It's a place where we like you could come in with no wine knowledge, and like that's almost just as fun because then you don't have to be like the biggest wineficionado there. It's just a more laid back place. But I enjoy like when people are sort of into wine or sort of into just like beverages in general. Like we have a lot of cocktail people or like tiki fans come in and they say, like, oh, I like, I don't know, I like tiki drinks. Where there's a lot of like I prefer more like rum heavy with like the nutty flavors. I'm like, oh, perfect, let's go something like oxidatum on the wine side. I don't say that to them, and I'm like, try I bring up three bottles. I'm like, let's try these, and they.
Speaker 3: Do it and they love it.
Speaker 4: And that's what you say, This goes great with pickles.
Speaker 1: No, I don't say that because there's no reason to. We don't have any pickles there. It's good, okay. I like the place you work.
Speaker 3: I jump up on the bar and then just start air humping it' say just right with.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: One seems pretty cool.
Speaker 1: There's a low pH when the vines are fucking getting through in the winter. God that hurt. Yeah, you guys, you two would like it. Yeah, it's despite the name what the name of the bar might suggest, it's not extremely high brow. It's definitely French oriented. But we also have like a Loha Fridays, wheverybody wears tropical shirts. We have. Yeah, we have turntables where we come in the winemakers like, okay, we give a record. The menu is a literal vinyl record, and there's a flight and a B flight and you order the A flights, two wines or the b flights the other two and then the winemakers walking around they get to pick the the playlist for the night. There was a guy from barber Esco in Northwest Italy last night. Half of his songs were like Empire of the Sun or Naked Face miss or read out Chili Peppers, like stuff, like relatable stuff. But then he also his other the other songs on the playlist were like folksy Italian cafe songs, and he would come up to us be like, do you speak Italian?
Speaker 3: Like not at all.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, so this song is about a gorilla who's a virgin who breaks out of the zoo and just is roaming the streets looking for something to fuck. I'm like, okay, that doesn't seem like a good idea, But nobody there spoke Italian, so it was fine, Mary, how long until Mike is studying Italian?
Speaker 4: I mean he probably already is like secret.
Speaker 3: Enough to get by, enough to get by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he'll announce it when he's like good enough where he feels like he can show.
Speaker 1: It off and like.
Speaker 2: Italian on this podcast. Yeah yeah, no, of course not.
Speaker 1: Why do you see him getting there?
Speaker 2: On the volcanic slopes of this dear mother mountain that erupts once every fifty years. Oh, he's brought up mountain like this is for you, you know a mountain. No, you brought up a mountain. But that Darby Ellen guy you liked, the crazy wrestler. Yes, the skateboards he just climbed Mount Everest to the summer he was doing. He set againness record. He brought a skateboard on the Mount Everest and did the world's tallest kickflip. That guy holy ship with a psycho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ship he was doing those matches was Yeah, is insane, high flying Shenanigan's left and right. He's descending Everest right now, he's Oh he's on He's still on the mountain right now as we speak. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he's summited like two days ago. Yeah, that's the most.
Speaker 4: Likely time to die is when you're descending.
Speaker 1: That's what I've heard. Is it really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not on the way, is it?
Speaker 2: Like you're you're exhausted and everything.
Speaker 5: Because because you fight so fucking hard to make sure you get up there, you don't think about whether or not you have enough oxygen or energy to get back down.
Speaker 4: And so people get to the top and then they fucking don't make it.
Speaker 1: We should do that.
Speaker 2: We should do like a Patreon thing, we climb Mount Everest.
Speaker 4: Climbing Everest is like a crazy book. People die all the time watching.
Speaker 2: New Tier every Yeah, okay, okay, Tier, the Everest's.
Speaker 1: Big Yeah, see me, see me climb the Himalaya's tallest mountain fully fucking tour?
Speaker 2: Could someone do it?
Speaker 1: Fully naked? Climb over?
Speaker 2: I don't think the best mountain climber in the world, Edmund Hillary couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Think of the articles tallest fucking mountain with the fattest fucking ass.
Speaker 4: You've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Could you do it? It's possible, right, it's cake and it's higher than anybody else.
Speaker 5: You have so much oxygen going into your system, but your cheeks are just out to the sky.
Speaker 3: Huge ass butt plug.
Speaker 1: Frostbite asshole. Yeah, I don't want to frostbite asshole.
Speaker 3: It's a Jfksey.
Speaker 1: He's like, when was it Hillary?
Speaker 3: No, it was like I thought it was a Edmund.
Speaker 2: Hillary is the guy whose gimmick was Clenn Everest, and then Hilary Clinton was named after him.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: When asked why he wanted to climb Mount everest edmon. Hillary said, because.
Speaker 1: It is there, Well, I'm gonna climb it, and I'm gonna be naked and my ass is gonna be there.
Speaker 2: JFK died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 3: They kept the he kept a BP in too long.
Speaker 1: It's still it's still tumbling down the mountain as we speak, apparently legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tibet is. Here's the clanging every night.
Speaker 1: JFK.
Speaker 4: JFK's butt pluck and.
Speaker 3: I a voice cried out on the height Excelsior.
Speaker 2: This is stupid.
Speaker 1: It was not to shoot us from that grassy knoll. It was a defective butt plug that did me in. Wait, his ghost is talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dead, but he's speaking to us from the afterlife and telling us about the butt plugs. That we were barking up the wrong tree the whole time thinking about Oswald and the Freemasons. Right, it's the butt plugs.
Speaker 3: I've had enough of these mysteries.
Speaker 1: It was Jackie with a butt plug in the Oval office. She was in the car with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she put it in before she grabbed his brain.
Speaker 4: Jesus.
Speaker 1: Tactical tactical gaps in off front lines are not the only things being plugged in the situation room, my fellow Americans, is that it all a decent JFK or No.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I mean I think by nature view being from that general part of the world, I think you've got a heads up.
Speaker 1: It's the same general part Cape Cod is not. I wish I wish I was from Syracuse and Cape Cod. Oh my god, there's I said, general part of the world and country.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Like people are from the northeast, they would see New York and Cape God being near each other general there.
Speaker 1: Are five listeners from either Cape Cod or Syracuse are gonna hear you have something to say.
Speaker 3: But I get what you're saying. It's the same corner.
Speaker 2: You can say. Portland and Seattle are in the same general area, even though they're totally different cities. You know, sure, yeah, yeah, sure, yeah. So you gotta you gotta lay up on the Kennedy impersonation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, plus all your block butt plugs, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we bog Yeah. Got a presidential collection, like even scaled mountain with one.
Speaker 4: United States flag.
Speaker 2: This is a cabin in the White House. No one's open for sixty years. It's just filled with JFK's butt plugs.
Speaker 4: Ever time I hear the anthem my butt squeezes that dude.
Speaker 1: That dude gives speeches and like makes war plans and leads the free world or lead with butt plugs in. All I do is record each and every episode of fire Escape with a butt plug in, right, Yeah, so different.
Speaker 2: It's a tribute.
Speaker 1: Yeah anyway, thank you Pete from Central Coast, Australia.
Speaker 2: Well, bonus discussion for people who made it through the wine talk.
Speaker 4: Ah, we a little extra for you.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the episode as usual. Like I said, fire Escapecast at gmail dot com. If you want to send in more questions, get those in. I always love bollsterring our ball string bolstering our inbox. Uh. We will be back in a couple of weeks, but first I want to say, get some merch at Firescape merch dot com. I actually don't know that it's active anymore, so just go to our patreon. You'll find it through there Instagram, Okay, because every time I go dot com so I can't be reached. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, Mary's so good at this.
Speaker 1: You run a tight chip here fourth wall for me.
Speaker 2: That's why we haven't sold an imerched in like six months.
Speaker 3: No, I'm joking.
Speaker 2: I see people with those thongs left and right.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 5: Someone came up to me during the Giant Bomb podcast and was like I always rock that banana yellow and I was like.
Speaker 1: I see you.
Speaker 2: I googled fire Escape merch and the fourth Wall fourth Wall is our current one, right, yeah, because there's a on fire one, but we don't do that anymore. So click clip fourth Wall link when you google.
Speaker 1: It fourth all.
Speaker 3: I I'll re up some.
Speaker 1: Uh, it'd be funny if it just goes to Jake Decker, like give us the goat from Waiting God. I hate that movie.
Speaker 2: I hate that you fucking made me watch it in your basement. Damn oh waiting at Doctor Ryan did Doctor right. I haven't seen that movie.
Speaker 1: I don't know shit about that awful and I was in your fucking basement with scorpions and shit skid.
Speaker 2: Away Connecticut basement. We're all good here, Yeah, No, I'm sure you're fine sending those questions.
Speaker 3: Go get some merch.
Speaker 1: Also, if you're not a patron, go to firescapecast dot com. Go to deep dish Pussy dot com, go to patreon dot com. Slash Firescape cast, any one of those all the good stuff, all the hits you can be if you want to treat it like a tip Jarks. You appreciate what we do, you contribute whatever you want. You can get some ad free episodes audio wise, you can also get our video versions and if you are a video subscriber, you'll get access to our bonus videos that we do often co op games, multiplayer, et cetera. And then Vinnie Caravella from Nextlander and I are doing that Warhammer those two Warhammer three Total War campaigns. We're doing the quote unquote Order Faction Good campaign at fire Escape and we're doing the Evil campaign over at Nextlander. So if you're not subscribed to them, they have a lot of awesome stuff as well, So go make sure you do that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, Dan, what do you have going.
Speaker 2: On GiantBomb dot com? Slash joined to support us and just check out our stuff. If you don't want to give monetarily, we want to have everything out there for free. So yeah, check us out on YouTube, check us out on podcasts, all that stuff. Giant Bomb is uh. We are reinvigorated in a major way and we are independent, fully independent, So come support us. We're doing good stuff over there.
Speaker 3: Marry, what about you?
Speaker 4: Twitch on Mondays?
Speaker 5: I usually stream on Mondays and Instagram for updates about my dog.
Speaker 4: He is important.
Speaker 1: They're good updates.
Speaker 2: Oh God, how's Boss as Boss is great? I got my Risks slashed up. I don't know if I had that last time we recorded. But don't pick up a cat when they don't want to be picked up. And then it's true, But.
Speaker 1: That was early on where he was very much just like very scared, like this is a new place, there's dogs.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he is fully in full ham cat like just just draping himself over things, just like sitting in laps and purring for like tim and sleeping and they're like, we sleep in a bed with two dogs and a cat now and the dogs are used to Boss now. Boss is just a total hand the sweetest cat.
Speaker 1: So great.
Speaker 2: Oh and also we were watching Borne Supremacy last night and it was Boss's first time was surround sound, and so Boss was just like sitting on the table in front of the couch and just every time there's a bullet or a helicopter going bi, what the fuck, what the like the whole born supremacy. This cat is like looking at the screen very like, what the fuck was that? It's very funny watching this.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're hilarious. It's funny.
Speaker 1: They're so much more aware than dogs in certain ways, like smarter in.
Speaker 2: A lot of ways, but also idiots.
Speaker 3: Not all the ways.
Speaker 1: Like dogs are also much more like much more smarter, Oh my god, much smart smarter. Uh yeah, it's just the ways in which they're smart is very entertaining, like endlessly it's just stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like somebody like there will be a noise outside and Razor and Gizmo will just be losing their minds sprinting around circles barking and like Boss won't even like raise his handles.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Some sound whogars, you know, very different.
Speaker 5: Dogs are such ding dongs, but they're like so excited when you come back home, and cats are like I couldn't care less.
Speaker 4: And they're hungry.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's the thing where it's like, yeah, you gotta get used to like, you know, I'm very used to dogs, like oh my god, your home wagon tail and like and casu and whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the cat to boss. Yeah, you're the dog to boss.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, yeah, but loving it. That's she's curled up right now in her bed.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for listening and hanging out with us again. We'll have really good updates and keep well, we'll be back here. And what two more weeks? Were ready to go? Well, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I got some games, hopefully all of us. But we got a bit more travel coming up, so we'll.
Speaker 2: We'll trying to make it best.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, we will have an episode up every two weeks, so yeah, promise.
Speaker 3: You've never missed one since we started.
Speaker 5: We're all killed, Mike Manatti, Mike Natty, that's my promise to you.
Speaker 4: Mike naughty, Mike naughty, Mike Manatti, Mi Mike Natty.
Speaker 1: Two weeks by t h h h h yah