Speaker 1: What up, don't welcome to whatever it's Live sports dot Com. I'm easy to my spin mo Rax. You know Chris Skywalker smashing like button. Be a friend to the front and share the stream. Talking lots of Detroit piston. There's little Detroit Lions here, however you guys like to do it. I was talking to back. It's kind of crazy, but Booner actually talking about this. It's like, right now, the piss is a hard than Detroit Lions. That's rarely ever the case in this town. At least it's networked.
Speaker 2: Specifically today we gather here.
Speaker 1: Two more in a fault and comrade he loves to send him.
Speaker 2: Joey Korra is no longer a Detroit Tiger.
Speaker 1: A J.
Speaker 2: Hinches relieve Joey Korra of his third base duties, and he will no longer be sending Tigers home when they are just getting the second base and the balls already on the infield. We will miss his arm movements and just his overall gusto at the third base coach position. Joey Quorra was an icon for the Detroit Tigers. He cost us a lot of.
Speaker 1: Runs this year, but his overall aura will be missed. Joey Orra Joey Orra the windmill us peace. We hardly knew how you feeling with that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you had to do it. The guy just had some of the most egregious sins I've ever seen in my life this year. Like, I like being aggressive, but if you got like Colt Keith barely rounding second in the outfielder's got the ball in his hand, he's not the fastest guy, Like, maybe maybe let him stay up at third base. So yeah, I mean it was They said it was no off the field issues. It was just a difference in baseball philosophy, Like, oh, no worry, we know those issues were strictly on the field. H So yeah, Like, I like my third base coach to be aggressive, but he was a little too.
Speaker 1: Aggressive to be honest too, I liked my third base coast not to be old as shit. Yeah, I want them to be able to have some some clear vision out there. Not sixty plus how old? Joy I think he's an old guy. I know he's old. He's like sixties. No respect to anyone that's late fifties at least, But you guys, know your eyes aren't the same. You know what I'm saying. I want to make a seawell holding it down.
Speaker 2: Just just me, no, it's fair, and yeah, like it was, it was time to it was time to do that one. And Joey Korra is not the reason that the Detroit Tigers are bad this year, but he has cost us some outs at the plate, and it the past couple of years it was, you know, you would swallow it pause because the team was much better and they were winning games. But in a season like this year, every run counts, so you cannot allow the throwouts at.
Speaker 1: The plate to happen. WED three one three. I know your troll now, man, You've been clearly identified. So let's go deroz and let's get Katie light for free prison. I'm calling the police on you. I'm literally Gonnam calling the police, right the fuck?
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Braylan wants some want some DeRozan.
Speaker 1: I just I can't. I can't give it that. I can't get you with this ship.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this because I don't want to talk about basketball, no kidding, but baseball.
Speaker 4: On the subject of baseball, is this.
Speaker 3: Firing the start of another historic Tigers turnaround?
Speaker 1: Is this the catalyst. It could be you never know.
Speaker 2: You never know what's something like dude like this can do to shake up a locker room team might be back Gritty Tigs. I mean, they had the best e R in baseball in June. They had the best winning percentage in baseball in the American League. So you put together are of July like your June was, and you'll be right in the heat of of of playoff contention. So obviously it's tough to ask to go back to back like months like that. But the boys are feeling good.
Speaker 1: So fucking Katie like I still can't even.
Speaker 2: And other in good news, Jackson job is scheduled to start his rehab assignment on Tuesday. I did see that, so that's very good news. You know, the best pitching prospect in baseball of a year ago, uh is looking to get back on track. And we know that, you know, Tommy Johns is pitch posh posh these days, so yeah, he should be. Uh yeah, pretty much every every big league pitcher has to have it at some point, So it's I don't want to say it's good, but you like to get it out of the way early. So hopefully, like Pop, your Cherry, Yeah, exactly, just like so hopefully, hopefully, hopefully job will be good to go here pretty soon and we can, uh we can get him in that rotation.
Speaker 1: News for Detroit, I don't know where I mean, where are you at with them in the season.
Speaker 2: You kind of out, Like I said, if they put together a July like their June, they will be right in the heat of of or a playoff spot in August. So you just got to go out there and you've got to continue to try to to win games at the same rate or a better rate than you did in June. And uh, they're they're pitching staff outside of fron Rivaldez has been fantastic. So just got to keep that rolling.
Speaker 1: Your big money acquisition, your school replacement summer.
Speaker 2: Yea calling it not great.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing is, like, I'm not gonna tell you the outright the Tiger's gonna make the playoffs, but I'm not gonna tell you to quit rooting for it, not be happy when they win a fucking game, because in baseball, we've seen this team specifically go from the bottom to the top at listen to the playoffs, I should say, and then from the top to squeak it in for the fucking playoffs. I don't think it's fair to count them out. No, it's never over until you know. Especially, I was just gonna say something crazy, but I didn't. I was gonna say I was gonna pick somebody and say it's not over until his mom sings.
Speaker 2: But but I didn't. I didn't even have anybody in mind. I was just gonna give somebody a random straight.
Speaker 1: Was someone Chris, you know who you are. If you're listening, it's crazy fat. That would be hilarious. The skinniest person shout off, Christy. I'll never do that. Chris is mouth.
Speaker 2: She's homieue. You suck Chris, But uh love what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love your mom. I saw Chris's mom treating Chris like Chris. I just knew, Like I didn't feel bad anymore. It's just a bottle man.
Speaker 4: I love what she drinks. Is she like the nicest lady?
Speaker 1: If you guys don't know what we're talking about, there's a video on Instagram of Chris hooping in the middle of the street Chris's mom from the porches.
Speaker 2: Chris, you sung, yeah it's good stuff. She's an ally. But yeah, no, I mean the Tigers. It's not dead, like it's a long cheesy for I said, man, you just gotta put together a good July and then you could be then you could be right back in it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I had, I mean, I had Father's Day as my marker on the season pasted and they're you know, ten under. But again, it's baseball. I'm not gonna listen. I love Neil, I love Sean, I don't I don't like they boy guys for being excited when the Ticker's winning damn game they do. Yeah, dude, they should, Yeah they do. Like what are we doings? It's fucking baseball, And I don't want to I don't want to do it. I'm not even well versed enough to go to in the baseball battle with Neil. But you're the same guy called us to win the division just last year.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 2: You wrapped it up? He did. I told him not to see he didn't listen to his canary and it was the worst collapse in the history of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: You should be canary for Halloween.
Speaker 2: I should be a canary for Halloween. Just show up on beating, get drunk and yellow.
Speaker 1: Ye walking, watch your Ship Skot Walker your baseball guy, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You South said, man, it's hard to talk about the Tigers right now. I hope that they can keep this up for July, but realistically, I don't know. It's hard to It's hard gonna be hard to play how they did in the month of June for a whole other month.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up high for them to have a couple of bad games or go on another losing streak or something like that. But I mean, they're not out of contention right now. So this next this next month is gonna be telling for sure.
Speaker 1: How many are they out from the wild Card right now? Does anybody know off the top of their head? Six?
Speaker 2: I think six and a half or five and a half. It's not like an insurmountable two series. But there are like eight teams. Yeah, I did see that, And that's like some of these teams are gonna fall off. It's gonna happen. Some of these teams are gonna.
Speaker 1: Sell Kjo Bay, we fell off. It's all cast. By the way, I ain't going on this microphone for you guys, says we fell off. Ever since Neil did that, and he's pretending like he never jinks him. Yeah, he also jinks to Detroy Lions before they played the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: I mean, we know, like Neil can act like he didn't chink him. But you know, if you watched BDE, it was like a week long where I was like, Neil, just say it's not over, because it's not.
Speaker 6: Everybody spam his dms, get his email.
Speaker 1: It's true, I was there s never mind what send pictures.
Speaker 2: We do not promote sexual gratification in any way. We do not promote the violence upon others in any way. Everything we say and do is in a comedic and satirical format. Please don't sue us.
Speaker 1: They look like a different team, a little more swagger, says missus Slaughter.
Speaker 2: They have been playing much better. The bats are perking up a little bit. You're getting some power back. Riley continues to be, you know, one of the best outfielders in the American League, like he has been the past couple of years. You've got Magoo as a first time All Star in his rookie season. Dylan Dingler very deserving, one of, if not the best catcher in the American League, Star and Uh yeah, So you've got bats that are waking up. You're getting healthier when it comes to pitching. So I mean, who's to say they can't go on another big run in July and end the month two games back of a wild card.
Speaker 1: It's very, very possible, Neil and Seawn hard to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean I know k Neel and Seawan mean well, but like you said, easy if we hadn't seen this exact thing happen one way or another in the past two seasons with this same team, and then you can say something. But you can't say it's over because.
Speaker 1: It's not sound Kai. I guess Neil's jinks as bad as trump jinks. I don't know about that, but I will say Belgian after they hit that the final goal, you see him hitting the Donnie Trump. Yeah, that's crazy. They really, that's fucking awesome. I'm not gonna that's a great troll job. That's a great troll job. I mean, kudos to them, hats off. That's the whole I don't understand why they're be in such pussies about flow playing. To begin with, you would clearly have a better team we played them. I don't know if you this week we played them in like a warm up matchup. Yeah, played Paraguay too. It was a perfect way. They'd line these teams up and they whooped the funk out of us. So I don't know why they're acting like such bitches from one guy. That guy was really good by the way, watching the last night, he probably the better, maybe the best guy on our team was watching him like he skillfully with the ball and choked big. Yeah, that guy is fucking I mean, ship, how old is he? Holistic? He's older, but I just went from the chat that our goalie was an MLS goalie and he's maybe he kicked.
Speaker 5: The fucking ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the whole reason they.
Speaker 2: Scored all the goal. Well, yeah, like MLS goalie, I mean that's good, but you want the goalie team to be playing, to be fair.
Speaker 3: I felt like other than that, I mean, he was doing what he could, like they were just getting a lot more shots on goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was pretty regiously stupid. Yeah, like that that was bad.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there's only so much you can do when thirteen's getting his ass beat the whole game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucked. It's suck to see him go out like that. It was fun for like twenty seconds when he was tied one one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was scoring for those forty seconds.
Speaker 4: That show was, I know, we't forget it.
Speaker 3: I was still celebrating the first goal and then they and then they took the lead.
Speaker 1: Was what the fuck is that they got pissed off?
Speaker 7: Fuck?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you about to say something.
Speaker 6: Who's the what's the name of the guy with the man? But I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Oh, thirteen thirteen it was that thirteen ye yeah, yeah, yeah, he was getting bodied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was getting that.
Speaker 2: He literally gave up two off the whole entire game.
Speaker 1: Kjo bay Policy was just doing his best playoff during impression.
Speaker 2: He was for sure. Did you see the thumbnail. It's fair I put policitic on there with Dura Deer and Fox and Kenda little part. I mean, fair Man was gassing. I grew clearly. I mean, he's supposed to be your guy. And obviously if that's your guy, that's why you don't make it past around of sixteen.
Speaker 1: Uh b C Michigan three and three. I think guys need to rally for an egg plant The Chat Morning.
Speaker 2: Show, Oh, eggplant bomb, The Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, do you want a egg plane? When something? I want something to confuse them. Yeah, they want like a word or like a letter that just make like like what the like? They don't know what the fuck's going on? Ye, and they're old too, so they lost time.
Speaker 3: It would have been amazing during the massage, Seou.
Speaker 1: I mean neilis John's I guess Neils have kids in high school. Yeah, might help him out with that one. Notte it on the sticks? Yeah? What should we hit him with the chat bomb their chat with I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll think of something, Okay, we'll think of something. I did see Tanage thirteen sixty seven in there, say, would y'all just stop talking about Ka d As if he's coming here to Detroit? Tragic Langdon is not going to do a damn thing of substance during the off season. Same as the trade deadline. We're gonna get into that, Chris. I want you to put a poll in the chat that says, are you in or out on Trajan Land? All right, and we're gonna talk about that coming up next. But first let me tell you about plan of fitness. Playing Fitness Home, the judgment free zone where everybody we mean everybody can get a full body workout thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training. You get all that for just fifteen dollars a month. Were get upgrade to the Black Card and get use of menities like hydro massage, total body enhancement and accessed over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining club online, Playefitness dot Com, Playfitness where your fitness is essential.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 10: Old Tigers all the time.
Speaker 7: For the hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 9: Fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams all season long. You'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about fre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leads them feeling energized all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free PF app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 7: Jimia gives breakout season Floating.
Speaker 12: Goodshot, the five Kits to the Shot Touchdown.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: Brother, you just pulling it up and then he goes five. Four. We're excited to welcome Icon Auto Repair and Collision the Wolbers Sports family. If you've been an accident or your vehicle needs repairs, make sure you trust the team at Icon Auto Repair and Collision. With three convenient Mester Detroit locations in mass And Heights, Shelby Township and Pontiac, They've got you covered. They offer free car lowners and even offer to pay you're deductible. That's huge. Actually, it's Icon Auto dot Com again, that's Icon Auto dot Com. It's the icon you can count on. I'm just an Icon living Jai Durney, the Icon you count I'll tell you them. Well right now, what's this pull looking like? Fellas?
Speaker 8: Welcome?
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 1: Though? Welcome back to wherever Wastelibe Wordsports dot Com. I'm he's doing from Morax You on Chris Skywalker in the building, smashing like Button b French other friend and share the stream seventy on Trajion. It should it should be, just there hasn't been. You could look at the deadline. That was a mistake, sure, but I ask you this, and then for the people that voted, know what what player was moved to deadline? They would have helped the Detroit Pistons like a realistic move to deadline. Luke Io Desumu, I'd say those are the.
Speaker 4: Two biggest ones, Kobe White.
Speaker 1: Kobe White as well, they'd be talking one more round of the playoffs probably.
Speaker 2: I think they would help you. I don't know if they would have made the difference to beat the Cavs, but I think you would have been much better in that series have another shot maker like that.
Speaker 3: So just to be good that you guys were good with because there was a big name moved in Taron Jackson Junior. You guys are that I want you guys are good with without that, and you you would have been fine with him making a smaller.
Speaker 2: No, looking back at it, now, got it. The reason we were told they weren't in on Jaron Jackson Junior was because they were good with Tobias. Well, Tobias isn't on this team anymore. So I think if you could have and you should have upgraded that force spot to bring in a guy that is a stretch for defensive player of the year. Yeah, I think you should have done that because right now, if you had Jaron Jackson Junior on this team and you added Isaiah Joe, then that looks a lot better than those ancillary pieces. Look a lot better, and you're not in this desperate need of another talented player because although you might not see Jaron Jackson as a true number two, he would be your second best player if you had him right now, at the very least your third best player if you had him right now. If you want to argue with stars better than him, whatever, But yeah, no, I think, yeah, you should have been in on Jaron Jackson.
Speaker 1: But again, Jared Jackson Junior has an answer.
Speaker 2: That Hinesight's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: First round picks. I had no problem to party with three first rounds.
Speaker 3: So to you guys, there's just to just to be clear, there's a gap between Jaron Jackson Junior and Trey Murphy because that's about the asking price for t I think.
Speaker 2: They're pretty similar prospects, pretty similar to players and I see them in the same elk, like questionable as the number two option, but a no doubt improvement to anything that you had, Right, Will, I would say Jaron Jackson Junior and Trey Murphy would move me in similar ways.
Speaker 3: So I'm just looking it up now. So Jared Jackson Junior's contract that year was the start of his four year contract starting at forty nine million ending at fifty three million, so much more than Trey Murphy. Almost double that, Yeah, just for context.
Speaker 1: Yep, Yeah, I mean different positions though, too right, And that's why floor guard multiple positions, not that trade can't. I mean, Jerons did it right. Jaron's wonned Defensive Player of the Year, So it's like I would value Yeah, I think that's worth the double the money.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why Trey Murphy would go for more than Jared Jackson in the market is because of the contract. Like that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: For So where I'm at with it is that the Jared Jackson Junior trade, I still feel like, look, I like I wouldn't have been like extremely upset with it. I just would have felt like that was a risky move just because I don't feel like he's a true number two and at his price tag, it's just that's a lot. I understand Trajan not making a move like that at the deadline, right because before the Tobias thing, like you said before he said that, what did he say all year? He wants to test the young guys. He wants to see what they're like. So I get not making a big swing. I get that totally. You know, we can look back and say maybe it was a mistake not getting Jared Jackson Junior. But I do understand him not pursuing a big swing at the trade that line. But however, to me, it was no excuse to go get an Io Desumo, a Kobe White, Alu Canard like those are the type of moves that, to me, were inexcusable for him not to do. That was where I'm frustrated with because what does a role player do but amplify your core. So you really want to find out what this is, You get role players around it, so you see the vision, you know, like what do you want to just see a bunch of non shooters out there and everything look clanky and see what they do? Like, I guess you learned something from that but I feel like you also would have learned something from having Luke Canard there, or Kobe White or Io Desumo, who dropped forty three fucking points in the playoffs in a game like I just feel what happened. That is the thing that to me, you can point to being upset with Trajan fast forwarding to now, though I can't be upset what he has made every single call possible and he is trying to make a swing and people are either not wanting to play ball with him or there's a grand conspiracy or whatever. But there's the fact that he is trying gives me faith that one move will line up. That's why they're now or the deadline. So I can't be mad at him because he also did the other things I asked for, upgrading the shooting, upgrading the four position, So I think he's done everything. Now he has a important thing to do. But I think that I can't look at this offseason and be like super pissed at trade. I could be disappointed by can't be pissed and.
Speaker 1: Job's not finished. But we're still in the fight, yes, and that's all I can ask for. We just put an article shout out over sports dot Com. We're pumping articles out again, but I put out you know. Terry asked like, what are you most excitedful in Detroit? For me, it's the Detroit Pistons, Like there's the Selle of hope there where the Detroit Lions. I can think about them, and I know what make the playoffs?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 1: I think about the defense? I get depressed with the Detroit Pistons. Again. Fight's not over and we're still in it. There's still a play to be made. And that's why I can't be out on trading just yet.
Speaker 2: And that's why, like DBK in the chat, it should be the complete opposite. And I understand that the Detroit fan is battered and bruised and beaten down in the acquisition market as of recently. He says, we ain't gonna get no superstar next decade. It's Detroit. I'm not getting my hopes up. That's that's a bad attitude to have towards this team because they have the flexibility to do that, like the Lions don't. I don't have the flexibility to add a superstar outside of drafting one. The Pistons do, and Trajan is in the mark I am with Chris. I wholeheartedly believe that Trajan Langdon will get a true number two, a true running mate, star player next to Kate cutting him. I believe him. I believe he's going to do it because it's what you gotta do. It's what you have to do in this league to truly compete, you need to have at least the second guy.
Speaker 1: Now, what was the pieces on top of those three first round picks and the Jaron Jackson Junior trade? Though, because I will say I do view Jaron Jackson Junior as a little bit more of an upgrade than Trey Murphy just because of what he's actually done in the playoffs. I did be numbers last night too. Trey Murphy actually had a playoff series. He averaged like eleven points, but like Jared, I think he averaged like two blocks a game in the playoffs. Is not mistaken in a steel like. He's like dog defensively can spread the floor. Like if the trade value of Trey Murphy when it's the trigger's found Pollon becomes Detroit Pisson, if he becomes Detroit Pisson is equal to what Charon Jackson Junior went for, I might be able to disappointed, Yeah, because then for sure that's something you could have did the deadline last year when you had an a one overall Sea team.
Speaker 3: So the trade looks like it's similar to what Trey Murphy elist the Pelicans reportedly are looking for. It was three, It was three first, and i'll give you those specific first in the second here and rookie guard Walter Clayton. So basically a prospect in three first, Lord of Curry the first where the Lakers twenty twenty seven picks. So you don't think that'll be a great pick, but it could be. Who knows. LA is making a lot of changes. The Jazz is own either Utah or Cleveland, whichever is more favorable, whichever is higher. And the Phoenix Suns two thousand and thirty one first, which obviously you're looking at that is as a very valuable pick because that's several years out and they have nothing beyond like the future, you know it.
Speaker 1: To be fair, then those are just assets we didn't have. Yes, the first round picks we were working with aren't equal to that.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's something I think you just I'm glad you that up because I want to hammer that home. The Pistons fans out there that are looking at the trade market, there are a lot more valuable first on the market than what the Pisses can offer. Because when you have a franchise player like ky Kuyne him that many believe are expecting to be here for the long term, Asara Thompson another player expecting to be for the long term, Jalen during another long term. Like if you have a core of young, talented players that just won sixty games with with as we talked about, a shaky supporting cast, those future first aren't gonna be as valuable as these teams like Minnesota, where yes they're good right now, but who's to say that LaMelo doesn't cook them and ants out and then they're a bad team or Minnesota's gonna implode. That's not gonna work out, That's what I'm saying. So like there's more valuable first on the market. So like the Pissones have to also understand that, Like, you know, maybe that was it, Maybe it wasn't Duran that was the breaking point in Boston. Maybe Boston just thinks that Philly is going to suck in the future, as opposed to the Pistons and they view that first as more favorable, like you know, like that.
Speaker 2: They're standing on they're standing on business. Did they think Derek White's better than Jaylen Brown? Which is he that he well that he impacts winning more than Jalen Brown? And if you look at the like on off stats, it's they're right. But obviously you have to go buy more than just that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. We'll see, we'll see. And now like we are White as good as Ivy though you know.
Speaker 2: Derk Hight not as good as Ivy.
Speaker 1: We're talking, uh, you know talking.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about this movement player movement offseason for a while in the NBA, and you saw the first one this year where it was really people getting shuffled all over the place.
Speaker 1: Like obviously there would always.
Speaker 2: Be one or two, but this offseason there has been a lot of big players moving to different places. And that's how it's going to continue to be because with the aprons, with the way that you like have a five year window to realistically keep a team of or a build of four or five players together, and if you don't win a championship by then, or even if you do, you've got to blow it up after that, so, uh, people are gonna be moving around a lot. That's why you can't weigh yourself down with a forty five million dollar contract to a rim running center, because you have to have flexibility to be in on a move when people are getting moved out, because it's gonna happen a lot.
Speaker 3: Perfect example case in point today, Dovin Mitchell's extension his final year seventy seven point five million dollars. Do you think it will be a Cleveland Cavalier in the final year in that.
Speaker 2: No fucking way. Seventy seven million.
Speaker 3: Point five Jesus man.
Speaker 1: Don't forget that. Five other players taking less money to go, you know, go win championships, and there's Donovan Mitchell. It was that third highest in the NBA time. That's gotta be It's gotta be tough. I know, I heard that.
Speaker 3: I heard that Booker and SGA both have years that reach seventy. I think those are the only three contracts that reach seventy because you know, obviously with the going up every year, everybody you know, kind of resets the market like NFL Fairland.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're gonna have to pay that.
Speaker 2: All right, We're gonna go to break. But before we go to break, I do want to leave you guys with this one. We're gonna keep talking piss as when we get back. But he's big. Con fifty one says, would we hate bringing Ivy back on a cheap deal? All right, to break we go. Let me tell you about Pure Psychology, great transition. Listen. If you need somebody to talk to, just go to Pure Psychology. Go to peer psychmi dot com to find one of their fifteen locations in Michigan.
Speaker 1: They also have some in Ohio.
Speaker 2: But it's not just a cookie cutter plan one size fits all. No, they make it specifically for what you need, and it's never shameful to talk to somebody. Everybody needs somebody to talk to, So go to peer psychmi dot com to find a location near you today. It's Pure Psychology.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 8: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our side.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports am Tell of Sun, a'm tell of sports and a ton of Man.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights.
Speaker 9: Live Dat.
Speaker 1: Just Crazy Hart and Jay Ladies. Gentlem is my spot from our UFC Saturdays all the way to the NFL Sundays and everything in between. They got fine Donny flavor in the sports bar setting and a fan favorite packed menu twenty two Draft beers eighty TV's wall Wall makes you pull up on me. I'm using the shell you're selling height Cerea when I'm over there, pull up on it. So they got multiple ones across. They got Northville. We've been I think at least six of them. Make sure it has pop Art and Jake's for your sports bone, Durdo.
Speaker 2: It won't make weeight.
Speaker 1: It's a lot word sports dot calm on me jo a must have been more reaction sky Walkers smash lock button be friend till a friend to share this stream share it. Talking Detroit Pistons, one thing I wanted to get into we can get into whatever to this is there's there's tons of to talk about Detroit Pistons right now. I think, I said, I think the most exciting thing to talk about Detroit sports right now, there's just the hope there. But the one thing I'm sick of seeing through the national media more than anything else is this scenario or narrative that Jalen Duran is a victim in these contract negotiations. Man like they're blaming the CBA, like they're punishing the players through the CBA. No, Jalen Duran punished himself. There are other players are facing RFA. Austin Reeves is won. He got paid, Yeah, because he was worth it.
Speaker 5: The value was there.
Speaker 1: And by the way, again, people are able to offer Jalen Durrant contract. No one has done it, not a single fucking team. Stop playing him as the victim. He created a circumstance from himself. We did show up in the playoffs. And I say it time and time again. I'm getting sick of standing to be honest with you. And this is for the chat as well. Named me the guy paid as a number two on a championship team as a Jayleen Durham.
Speaker 2: Prototype in the past forty years.
Speaker 1: And if you if you did, if you dig deep and you grab a I saw some put this in in on my ex post when I put it out. Shack shack, Okay, that's fine, I'll accept Sheck, he's not fucking check like if you won't give them put the prototype? Sure, maybe I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not there with it. No because Shack then a knee creation scheck. Fucking just dominated Durin. Isn't that at least not yet? And he's not a victim by any circumstance. He's gonna be twenty six facing a free agent market again, yeah, if he decides to be, if he does take a qualifying offer. Jalen durn is not a victim from the CBA. Jan dur is not a victim from the Detroit Pistons. Jalen Durry is a victim from his own circumstances. He presented this to himself now any other way, No, And he literally had the audacity to go out there and say I want to play in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Even that wasn't enough to get him forty million dollars. Like we've said it before. If he went out there and he was dropping twenty and twenty in the playoffs, the Kings or the Lakers or somebody like that would have offered him the money. You tested the waters. You're not as hot as.
Speaker 1: You think you are.
Speaker 2: Nobody came calling. It's like sitting there with the speed dating card and everybody's walking right past you, man, Like it's it's not that the Pistons are the big battye that wants that doesn't want to pay you or doesn't give you the money you deserve. Not a single team in the National Basketball Association wants to pay you that much money, flat out, and that's because they view that you are not worth it. I do like Jalen durt and what he can become. There's no chance in hell I'm paying him forty million.
Speaker 1: Tonsports chastays Maris Tottomar Marsh Sttomar my starter mark. Now shut up, I know more basketball than you. He went a championship.
Speaker 2: When did a Maris Stanomyer win a championship?
Speaker 3: We didn't even play in the fucking finals, And I would probably argue I might have to look at the numbers. I don't want to be egregious year, but like Sean Marrion, like puts some respect on his name because everything he did versatility.
Speaker 1: Why it's like you could.
Speaker 2: Mary wasn't the number two and he was one of the best defenders in the league.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. You might make an argument that he was a better player than startmar I'd have to.
Speaker 1: Look Amyer was gabaging over twenty points a game. Stomyer was first Team All NBA. Like, we're talking about a massively more talented player than and never won a championship. So it's moot. Yes, so markus shoot consistently Sttomar showed up in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 3: Look, I understand the NBA conversation because you know me, I listened to a lot of NBA podcasts.
Speaker 1: Well, real quick, this is actually pull up crazy stat. Maris Stardomyer at the age twenty two, averaged twenty nine point nine points in the playoffs at age twenty two, four playoffs. Holy shit, he was a beast. Don't compare Jalens. Let's let's let's let's back off with that one.
Speaker 4: So I think that.
Speaker 3: So listen, I listened to a lot of NBA podcasts, So I understand the The granular point they're trying to make is that restricted free agents in general have been the victims of this CBA because you know, teams are using it to pinch pennies. Well, you know what, at the end of the at the end of the day, like you guys said, there's no one to blame for for Jalen Duran's financial situation other than Jalen Duran himself, and are we I'm sorry, like, are we just pissed that there's not a dumb team out there that's willing to do this, because we would all clown that team if that team offered Jalen Duran forty plus million, because look, you guys are all pissed at Okay, see is this dynasty? Well how do they become a dynasty off of stupid trades from stupid teams? So, like you, you clearly don't want stupidity in the NBA. You don't want franchises that are being that are being idiots. You want everybody to be smart, savvy and good with their decisions. And now that it's finally happening, And yes, some players, some specific players in specific scenarios are getting squeezed because of it. That is not that is just a product of better basketball. That is just a product of the evolution of the game of team building. So you cannot be mad at anybody but Jalen Duran and Jayleen Duran can't be mad at anybody but himself. And he does have the ultimate fu the qualifying offer. I understand it's a lot. I don't think he's going to turn down one hundred plus million dollars to do it. But he does have that ability if he so chooses do it.
Speaker 1: Uh or sports shat. Your mama would pay him. She couldn't afford him, but she probably would. Yeah, that's a you know, we're a handsome man.
Speaker 3: Would you guys, would either of you right now if you're Jaalen Duran take the qualifying offer and bet on yourself.
Speaker 1: No, no, dude, you're gonna be twenty six in four years in the contracts Oh no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, The qualifying offer is one year and then you're unrestriarched.
Speaker 1: No I know, but I'm saying you can test reach it again and make this money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, in your prime, it's the same way every single right now, thirty five minute is Honestly, it's still a lot. I'm being honestly. I'm not gonna lie you, and I'm not trying to be dispected towards you. Obviously, the situation deal with right now. The contract is trading and the rest of the NBA feels the same way. But the market is gonna go up nationally too. At twenty six. You're gonna get more money, Dudeah, And I would stop being I don't know if it's him the agent. I don't want to like call names and call anybody cry babies, like what are we doing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it effortless?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 2: My question is to y'all, is who will you replace Durham with Paul Reied GTF.
Speaker 1: We don't have.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be on the team like Jalen duran is. You don't have to replace. He's not a free agent who's walking if you don't give him forty million dollars a year, like it's not holy forty million dollars a year or no, Jalen duran He's gonna be on this team and he's not gonna get paid forty million dollars a year trajan one like that.
Speaker 5: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I think people think that it's if you don't sign him for forty million dollars, he will no. He is on this team next year, no matter what, and he will more than likely sign the hundred million dollar contract that the Pistons are going to offer him.
Speaker 1: Tanaj doubles down and the Jalen durn of aytotomyre comps at age twenty two in two thousand and four to two thousand and five season, Amaro Stotamarra averaged and eighty games, twenty six points a game and finishes a top ten MVP candidate.
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: We got put the pipe down, step away by way. Mari Stoti market play all over the court as well, stretched the floor a little bit, had an offensive game. Didn't need the offense credit for him. Although he had Steve Nash, he didn't need that creation and he could created himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, JJ forty seven cases. Jalen Durham doesn't have the bag that Omari had. You get all the amount of the post moves, the back down scene. Amaro Stottlemyer was was hit.
Speaker 3: And also also look, I don't get this point because he signed a very lucrative deal and was not worth that next contract. It's all because he had a bunch of health injuries and he fell apart, Like what is the so what We're supposed to pay him Stottomeyer money even though Stotamarrio was better and that contract ended up being bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's your point. His point is that we have the next to Mario stamar So we don't. So we shouldn't pay him. If he should, if he even was a Mari Sttenmeyer, it still wouldn't be worth it. Worth it. Look how it worked out. Shad with the super chant says during gets cucked by a MF named Wendell in the playoffs, and you think he deserves forty mili Like, listen, I think Jalen Duran will get better, I do. Is he a forty million dollar player a year right now? Absolutely not? And and that's why no team in the NBA is willing to give him that money. It's not just the big meme Pistons, oh, the cheap Pistons. No, it is. No team in the NBA will give him.
Speaker 3: That much money, right And the Pisces are just getting villainized because it is their player. If it was anybody else, the national media would be villainizing that team because they're trying to be fake sympa to these players.
Speaker 1: They don't. Yeah, man, the virtue singing with a bullshit get the fuck out of here. No one's a fucking victim at twenty two making thirty plus million dollars a year. Brother, Yeah, like, take that shit show. It turns out with his shoveling a sad Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, there's crazy, there's how could you.
Speaker 2: Do this to this young man.
Speaker 5: You're making a hundred million dollars like what he's about.
Speaker 2: To say, one hundred million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Don't feel bad for him.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, like Jalen Durin can find middle ground and agree to a contract. Maybe you can't because age it doesn't seem the best, but he can. But there's room. Like you could do a you could do a three year contract with a fourth year player option. Then look you get you get to start the market at twenty five instead of twenty six.
Speaker 1: You could do a two plus two.
Speaker 3: You can do all sorts of things because I'm sure at the end of the day, there is a lot of wiggle room between the Detroit Pisses and you to find middle ground. It sounds like you guys are very far apart. So guess what me in the middle with a shorter term deal. I think the pisses would probably take Jaalen durn on a shorter deal. I don't think they're just locking up to hear, here's your four year deal. That's probably what they offered him. But I think the pisses would sign a two year deal and take the gamble because what if he is a bum in the playoffs again, and then you could get off of that contract and then you're not hampered by that contract. I think the pisses would be open to a two year deal.
Speaker 4: They don't have this.
Speaker 3: This doesn't have to be this thing that screws him for generations and robs him of all his money.
Speaker 1: Like he has flexibility. How dare you.
Speaker 2: Give this twenty one year old, one hundred million dollar contract, you monsters.
Speaker 1: No, the Sun's not going to files with Mario Shoda Mayer. So somebody asked, did not Tim Duncan unfortunately, was yes, those are some.
Speaker 2: Great Tim Duncan worth forty million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this one playoff series, and I think David Robinson the first have made light work of them, but like the Sun's won Game one, and that's when they had the number one offense in the league, and they're like the hottest town. Yeah, shot Mike D'Antoni and then the and then Tim Duncan starts strutching the floor and shooting threes.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, I was like, what the fuck, dude.
Speaker 3: I vividly remember that game because it was just like Tim Duncan's like, all right, we need threes now, I got yeah.
Speaker 1: He also let's get him all away from the basket. I got you.
Speaker 2: Kids these days, this is the first time I'm using my NK status. Kids these days will never truly appreciate how good Tim Duncan is a basketball We didn't because unless you see what he did for ten years, Like you watch his highlights and you know, okay, guys hitting turn around bank shots all day, little jump hooks. Who cares, No, he was. Tim Duncan's a top ten player AF He was a winner.
Speaker 1: As he did, I mean the big fundamental Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was what he was what Bill Russell did, but against but against action.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, that's a hundred, that's so true. He was the Bill Russell of actual NBA. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actual.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a.
Speaker 2: He's an NBA coaches. Yeah.
Speaker 1: For defense, super skillful on the offensive end. Team player, wasn't louder resistant to anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, took team contract, team friendly contracts.
Speaker 7: Shit.
Speaker 1: Jalen dar all right, uh, let's go to break. We'll come back. I got a question for Chris when we come back. By the way, ask Maggie turk fishing acquisition woo.
Speaker 2: And we do got to talk about tomorrow de Rozan soon, But first tell us about Yaldo.
Speaker 1: I'll type of the Yaldo ice and I've been doing it for over thirty years. I remember growing up driving school here in the commercial on the radio when I was like in second grade. That's how long they've been doing this thing. I'm fifty six years old, all right, over one hundred thousand operations in their back pocket. That's why I can get it done in less than eight minutes. And most pages are seeing twenty twenty the very next day. And right now they're running a special this summer. We could pay sixteen ninety nine per ie. Throw away the lenses, throw away the contacts, and save you some Money's one time payment of sixteen ninety nine. Get that lace and get your eyes fixed at the Yaldoi Center dot com slash sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 9: Hunting season is almost to your Detroit and your lions are on the prowl. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff, touchdowns Com and Raw First Downs, Penny Pancakes, Kirmy picks, Gibbs, Big Plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 10: Sports.
Speaker 14: Some days call for light, others lean, bowld what about everything in between? All Day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment. One's great two even better brood with you and money, No shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much.
Speaker 15: All Day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 8: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 13: Side Woodwards Sports.
Speaker 6: Looking for a career upgrade, check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture firsthand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows with the four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews. The reputation speaks for itself. So if you're looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Troy a call. It two four eight four one six one three six one mortgage pros. Let the pros handle it?
Speaker 1: What up there? Welcome back to the Waits smash like Boughton d friends off French mash talking to Detroit Pistons free agency, maybe a little bit of trades. A name has been bouncing around lately that I'm not as familiar with, and that's why I'm gonna go to christ on this one. Peyton Watson.
Speaker 7: Yes, what is?
Speaker 1: What is? What is going on with this cat? Who is this cat? Why would he fit the Pistons? Why are people freaking out about this? So?
Speaker 3: Peyton Watson is somebody that I have liked for the last couple of years, but but really kind of in the last really he kind of emerged last year in the playoffs and then this year in the regular season he he kind of got a bigger role due to some injuries and some players being moved on from He's a three to four.
Speaker 4: I guess you can maybe stretched.
Speaker 3: Down two, but uh, truely good point. But he's somebody that's like a that projects as a three and D wing. I don't think he's as good of a defender, but he has the frame that you that you would like on an NBA player. I believe he's sixty seven or six eight, So he's a He's a player that has the wing that the frame that you that you'd want to have. And he showed great flashes of scoring thirty plus multiple times when Denver was hurt and they didn't really have anybody. So he's a very young, exciting player. I think he's you know, he hasn't flashed as consistently as Trey Murphy the upside, but he's I put him in that vein of interesting players, not that tier, but in that vein, in that archetype of you're projecting him to be a three and D wing again my personal opinion watching the tape, not the greatest defender, but but definitely a shooter and definitely somebody that can that can be another score, but mainly catch and shoot as opposed.
Speaker 4: To self creation.
Speaker 1: And what is the price tag on that you think?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I think you can actually play pretty hardball with Denver because Denver is a team that doesn't really want to go to a second apron. It's been well known in the NBA that they've been trying to Yeah, like so.
Speaker 1: Cheap I think that they're crazy.
Speaker 3: I think that they're a situation where if I had to guess, I would say a first and something else, like maybe a protected for like a first and a swap, or like a first and a couple of seconds.
Speaker 1: One good year for Yeah, but I mean, I mean, look, he's numbers. He averaged four and a half points last year.
Speaker 3: He didn't have a great playoffs, but he did have a he did have moments the previous playoffs, and then he had a good stretch in the right.
Speaker 2: Is it because this is a type of guy that you would get in on the Trey Murphy contract, Like, this is not a guy that would be seeing the thirty plus million dollars a year, but you could sign him for twenties or something like that. So off of his rookie deal.
Speaker 3: So right now he wants twenty five and Denver is like, I'm not doing I would pay twenty five. So so yeah, so that that's what you would be investing. It is if you believe that that's a Trey Murphy type contract where for the next four years it's a steal. I think that if you're asking me personally what he is, that's risky. I think he's a mid I think he's a mid tier starter with upside to being a high tier starter, but I don't think he'd ever be top We got Trey Murphy at home, top ten or top eight at his position.
Speaker 1: For the audience who may not be familiar, he's with the Denver Nuggets. Not necessarily started, but he started forty games this year, only playing fifty four. He did average fourteen and a half points, two sists, five total rebounds. He shot forty one percent from three on three and a half shots per game. And he's asking for twenty five million.
Speaker 3: There was really a stretcher, and it was it was like February. It was it was February through March where he was like, he was torching, like.
Speaker 2: And that's what That's what happens with these first the second contract of these three and D guys is you gotta sometimes you gotta take a risk and hope they become the Trey Murphy. And that's where he's at right now. He's at his all, right, what are you going to be in this league? It's one way or another. So whatever, I don't I don't want to say I want the Pistons to do this because it's that's a lot of risk for a guy that you would be expecting to be a big part of your team next year. So I don't know if that's the that's the place I want them going. But whatever team takes the risk on him, it's high risk, I reward and nitty gritty with the super GEDTI. So shout out to all the in the chat.
Speaker 1: Today, shout out there was a super chat that I don't believe we got to you guys, Correct me if I'm wrong. Beside this said, Am I wrong in thinking Mistress Blue? Any window for Cleveland? How do they get any better and not get swept by the Knicks?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: I think you're absolutely right, because those are the contracts you can only give out to when you are sure that this guy is a super duper star, Like you could only give a contract like that out to one of the best players in the league because it hard caps you of what you can be. Like you give those contracts to the kids, to the Lucas, to the ants, to to the SGA's, to the guys that you know. They're the team, they're the system, they're the they're the deal because you can only put so many other pieces around them when you're paying them that much money. So I do think that he just handcuffed Cleveland to what they could truly be as a team. But luckily for Cleveland, they have the Lebron factor to where he's gonna take a very cheap deal to probably go play there.
Speaker 3: And I mean, and I mean, I guess we're seeing that with this, with this CBA, that a lot of players are just able to be moved at any point. And so I think it's like gonna be a constant cycle of like, oh, now this team is ready to compete, So they'll take Donovan Mitchell on a bead, on a bad contract because for two years he might be a bit of an overpay, but he might be the piece we need. Going to to Peyton Watson. So it was a month of January, he averaged twenty one point nine so twenty two points per game, shot forty six percent from three on an average, a block average a block a game too well, and what was his three pointers, Payne Watson in the month of January.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is what has people excited.
Speaker 3: Twenty two points a game, forty six percent from three, and two point four threes on five on five attempts.
Speaker 4: So like he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he showcased a high level of production. There's a lot of games in there against Boston, against a lot of good defensive.
Speaker 2: Ten twenty points a game. It was for a month twenty, but twenty points a game with only averaging two threes made per game is impressive, Yeah, because that means you're getting buckets other ways, you're getting to the line, you're you're doing different things. So yeah, that does help with the shot creation. Sounds like he's at least a somewhat decent shot creator for himself. If you can average twenty plus in the league while only making two threes, you gotta be able to get your own shot at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his free throws were sporadic, like to two free throw at ten games. Then he had a couple of tens in there, a couple eight's in there, So he did showcase like, yeah, some ability.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: I watched him though, and I feel like I feel like that was a good player having a good month. I don't think that that's something that you can project.
Speaker 2: Could you see him being Trey Murphy though?
Speaker 3: I think I think Trey Murphy is like a good ceiling for him. Okay, I think I think it's like a good ceiling for him.
Speaker 2: And the floor is like Justin Jackson, Like.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say that he's not gonna go back like that, but Josh, I.
Speaker 1: Think one of the Jackson's Dude, what I thought Justin Jackson was gonna be good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked Josh It. I kind of like Josh Jackson, who's a good flour I don't know, like a like a solid like a solid three in the NBA. Like I think he could be like a I think his floor is like, you know, like heurb Jones a starter. Yeah, I guess, I guess I heard Jones, but not defensively.
Speaker 1: Would you pay him twenty five million dollars for a month of production if I was desperate, By the way, I will only play fify four games for the Pistons if I was the Pistons. No, if I was in a different situation where you have to take a risk on a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? Because that's like, it's not like twenty five million dollars a year for four years is gonna obliterate what you could do. You could eventually move that contract if he doesn't become anything more than a starter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're the wizard of.
Speaker 2: Yeah if if I'm not the Pistons, but if I was a team in a different situation than the Pistons, I would probably take a shot on a modern CBA. You can't be taking risks like I feel like those are the risks that you take. Though. Yes, it's way more difficult to take a risk on a Jalen Duran or a Trey Murphy now because Trey Murphy's gonna want a forty million dollars a year a contract after this one's up. But if you take the chance on a twenty five million dollar a year contract, that can be kind of round.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't think he's getting twenty five because remember otherwise he would have been signed, you know, like that's what he wants. So I've yes, he's a strict of free agent, so I think that he's probably he's probably being offered right now, like seventeen to eighteen by Denver and they're probably so you could probably come in with an offer sheet of twenty two million if you want it to and and you know, and get them. But I just I get, I hear you. It's it's a risk.
Speaker 2: I'd be.
Speaker 3: I'd be excited because I think he I think he fits the team, and I think it'd be a tradable contract. But I also at the same time, it's not the it's not the swing that is the upside that you know, puts you in the championship contention. Last he just fully blossoms and you know that.
Speaker 4: That's that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you would also have to move off money in order to get him, because.
Speaker 1: Remember, I think it's a situation where we're gonna match whatever.
Speaker 3: Probably I don't think Denver matches anything above twenty five from fifteen. I think that's probably what. Like I said, Denver's probably offering him like seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's but you haven't done enough. I feel like they probably it's another during situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: And then I click over the playoffs, tams mixed up four and a half points. You didn't Sorry, you want twenty million.
Speaker 2: Speaking of a free agent, man, there is another free agent that has been in a lot of rumors about coming to Detroit. My gosh, some people on this network want to see it happen. We're gonna go to break, We're gonna come back, We're gonna tell you who that is beforest tell us about gold crown, I would tell you about gold crown.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need some gold crown, all right, quad infused. That means they got the Turpenes liquid Diamond TCA and is covered in Keith and its exactly what I need. When we talk about this next topic, I cannot believe the words coming out of some people's house warmouths in this house, on this network, all right, in this household, the mar de Rosen is an anti hero. All right, we don't want I'm on the team. We'll talk about we come up next. World Justice makes you check them out. Exciting dispensary.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 10: Old Tigers all the time.
Speaker 9: For the hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 7: All season long.
Speaker 9: You'll get NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, post game reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 17: I think with opportunity, right like you said, maybe you'd like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want to in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 11: Rive Energy pouches give me the energy and clarity to find and beat the ship out of every opportunity to shows.
Speaker 7: Face ecklet create the wave.
Speaker 1: We can your head shot point sad stop sixteen.
Speaker 11: Rive Energy Pouches are for the people who actually want to win, not for the cry babies out there who are happy with the participational book.
Speaker 1: There's zero ship, so give Thriving.
Speaker 9: Trunk, Jimi and gimmes breakout season floating.
Speaker 12: Five games to the inside Touchdown.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 3: Supreme lending. Look, if you are buying a house, call Chad and Chris. Their numbers are on the screen, and why would you call them zero percent doual payment programs, five hundred dollars off your appraisal just by mentioning Woodward, ninety seven percent customer satisfaction score, ninety nine percent, clothes on time.
Speaker 4: These are the guys.
Speaker 3: If you're buying a house, make sure you're tapped in with the boys Chris and Chad call them today Supreme money.
Speaker 2: What if don't welcome back?
Speaker 10: Whatever?
Speaker 1: It's live with sports dot Com even watching them racks you know Chris Skywalker, Bill as well, smashing like button, be your friend, tell a friend and share the stream his next topic. I don't even I hate that. It's a thing. I think national needs to be reported. These guys even interling to go to other places. I'm happy about that. But the mar de Rozen has been or waves, I should say about the Sacramento Kings and some articles, some some publications have him pinned as a Detroit pist. I've spoken this before. If you guys in here the first time around, that is the last piece I want on this team. Unless he's willing to come off the bench. I can maybe I could be talked into the staggered manch Demarta Rose to come up the bench. I don't think Demors's rosie is ready to come off the bench in this point is career. He's still average twenty points. Aya. But the thing is, you can't spread the floor and work fluidly with Kay Cunnym, themar de Rozen and Jalen Duran on this team. It's just not gonna work. Can Demrta Rose get your bucket? And altho we do we want a guy to get your bucket?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have him done it off the bench. Kate Cunnyim is our mini man. Kay Cunnyam is our mini magician. And when Kate Cunyam gets in there, if the SHOT's not there to be made, he's kicking it out to a guy in the three point line and you're after one and a half plus points in that situation, this is not a fit. I'm the biggest proponent of this, I think more than anybody that I know on this nutberk at the damn least right when they did that situation in Phoenix, Kad Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, those are names those are very good basketball players. Did it work No, because it didn't fit at the end of the day, I think the Miami Heat situation with bam Oudebayo, John Sandeakupo out there is gonna work, because no, it doesn't fit. At the end of the day. There's a lot of experiments in situations we've seen like this throughout the NBA history. They're like a lot of good players. Like on paper, that makes sense when it comes to x's and o's and get these guys in their spots and allow them to win games basketball games for you, it doesn't work out, No, I don't want DeMar DeRozan clogging up the paint or in the mid position more than k Connyam orver k Conym or just in a space at all. I don't want DeMar de Rozan on this team. I think there'll be a bad investment. Think it'd be bad for us.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, I think that it would be worthwhile if you could find the right situation, like you said, because one a couple of things that he brings to this Piston team that you would value and appreciate is obviously the ability to create an own shot.
Speaker 4: He's he's a very underrated playmaker.
Speaker 3: I mean, he has so many seven eight assist games and that was on the Kings. Brother, on the Kings, you're generating plays buckets for others, you are special. I think that there's some things that he does, and also the way he draws fouls and gets to the free throw line. I think there are abilities that he has that you like. But the context is, yes, if he is a sixth man, if I'm getting him on the mid level exception that I have and I can use anyways, okay, cool, But I am not showing out actual capital to get him in assigning trade. I'm not, actually, you know, and I know that's not what they're saying, but just putting it in context here. If you are getting him for free and he is under the standing of being a super charge bench player, I think he could bring positive value, yeah, for sure, But I don't think that's happening. I think he is probably going home to Toronto or maybe to la because we.
Speaker 1: All know that happen. Kawhy do we think you would get us a ring Drake? Drake must mispur of the moment. That was a fucking bar.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, If Kendrick came to Toronto. I'm sure Kawhi or DeMar could come to Toronto.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about that. But I think that Miami's also been linked. And I saw.
Speaker 1: Raca you come, have your game, come at your concert, but you gotta go right back to the plane after.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, he said in the song.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but I think that going forward, I think that Tomorrow would be welcomed back with open arms for everybody but Drake, and they'd have some heart to heart or whatever they'd fix.
Speaker 2: I listen, if Jamar DeRozan wants to play on a good team next year, he's going to be coming off the bench out like and I know some people are in love with it. No, he can be. I don't really like the whole argument of falling in love with a name or that type of thing, but I think, like, actually truly wanting DeMar DeRozan to be on this team and a part of this corps is just falling in love with the name, because nothing he does fits what you want to do on this team.
Speaker 1: And uh, I just think that.
Speaker 2: If he's going somewhere, like Chris said, it's gonna be somewhere in la or back to Toronto or Miami, and he's going to be a bench player. So if you want to die on the hill of we need DeMar DeRozan coming off the bench. I mean whatever, Like that's not a hill. Is DeMar DeRozan gonna make your bench unit, you know, astronomically better?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 2: Not really, He's he's not that effective of a player anymore. He's just not. So could he make give you a minor upgrade to your bench unit?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 2: Is he a starter in the league anymore, not on a good team. So it's not somebody that I'm dying on the hill one way or another to make sure that they come to Detroit. He just got cut by the Kings.
Speaker 1: Well he wanted out. He wanted out, yeah, buddy, and they couldn't get a trade offer for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a reason he got cut. Like when you get it, when you ask out of somewhere, normally it's like, yeah, send me there.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking to be like an elite three point shooting team. I mean I would love that, Hank, say no to that, but give me some floor spacing, especially with a guy like k Cunny and you could create from that. I just I just don't. It's just not a fit.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm really big on the fit and it's you know.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 2: He's got two routes for the rest of his career. Is you can go be an effective piece coming off of the bench for a for a performer for a team and in a very limited role. Or you can go and you can you can be a guy on a bad team like you were on Sacramento, where you want to average in the teams and you want to still be a guy a starter. Okay, you're gonna play for the Kings, but if you want to play for a good team and you want to play meaningful basketball, you're gonna have to come off the bench. Who's our starting two guards is Runyon Duncan Robins?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Duncan Robinson.
Speaker 1: Who is a.
Speaker 2: Much better starter in this league right now? Martin Rose, especially at the two.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing I'd say too, like the Martin Roz has been in this league long enough, Like let's look at the track record, Like when has he been in the finals. He's been the conference finals. Lebron James fucking ship on him, and what Lebron did to him and Kyle Lawi was.
Speaker 3: But again, to be fair, you're asking him to be a bench piece. You're not asking him to be like the piece, you know.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying as a piece against as you know, what does he contributed to really, you know, in the scheme of things. He's been a multiple different teams. He's an all star guard. He's been in the league for a while. Like I said, do you you know dribble dribble scores points.
Speaker 2: He's the type of guy that was coming off the Miami heat bench when the Heatles were there. It is a Again, I don't want to be too disrespectful, but he's washed, man. He's not what he used to be. And what he used to be was a a good guard on a bad on good teams. He was never, you know, an elite player on an elite team. It's not what he was. It's not and that's fine, But let's not act like he's going to be a savior for the Pistons.
Speaker 1: Uh, says Dunk and his ass his channel won't give it up. He's a better fit for the Detroit Pistons than Mardarro's on thousand. You guys told me the same stuff j n Ives is a great player. It just didn't work out. Andrey came in towards the end two but just never worked out. Literally gave us the worst record in franchise history.
Speaker 3: Duncan Robinson had more playoff points last year than the last four years of them.
Speaker 4: Because he's been on the Kingsimbles.
Speaker 1: It's like, uh and I saw these highlights. I mean, run around on Twitter making his way. Josh Smith, Josh Smith put up good individual numbers. Came here at Craig Monroe and Andre Drummond. That was the fucking ugliest basketball. Some of the ugliest basketball I've seen this team play in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't fit the same at all.
Speaker 1: You got you gotta have fits. It can't just you can't just grab a guy it's averaging twenty. Throw him in any lineup and he's gonna produce the same weight and win games. It's just not just now how it works.
Speaker 2: Shout out to TennoCon Kuala in the chat. We appreciate you tapping in brothers. Great name, great name.
Speaker 1: They've done. Dottis. His greatest contribution to the show is I'm buying the house right now, And we appreciate you for that. H Bibby says, we're getting rid of Holland, I'll take your Dorozen and I would two in that scenario. And if we'll get rid of Holland, hopefully getting somethingow souped up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if you added another star and needed to fill out bench spots, would love Tomor That's.
Speaker 1: The thing too, is like, Okay, Damar's coming up the bench, Holland's coming off the bench again with the spacing, and I just I don't know, you don't. Let's put Holland at the four, but Damar's been playing the four lately too.
Speaker 3: There's no matter how you shake it, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be playing good one.
Speaker 3: Uh the more you say it, the more he's going to be playing with one to two non spacers.
Speaker 1: So it is gonna be a tricky fit.
Speaker 3: However, I mean, look, you can make if I want to just be completely Devil's advocate here, you can make an argument that Tobias was not shooting the three at all in the playoffs, but he was still able to get buckets in that ugly space Singe. He was like just inside basket, yeah, and we.
Speaker 1: Lost, yeah exactly. So unfortunately, I just saw one in there. I apologize, I don't know who asked it, but they're asking, Uh, I'm not, you know, dine on the hill for the ros and but they're asking easy. What is Kevin Durant gave me the playoffs throughout his career? This is out of his career, twenty nine points in the playoffs and the one game that he played last year for the Houston Rockets he had twenty three points and shot fifty eight percent. Previous playoffs stant was twenty three twenty four. We have his twenty six point eight points per game. The year before that, in twenty two twenty three, he has twenty nine points per game. And by the way, throughout the entirety of his career shooting thirty five percent from three. And in the field situation, mind you, no, no point guard Tobias Harris put up thirty points playing with Kay Cunning at the four spot. What do you think Kevin Durant would do? There's no his Harris in the offensive with Cunny. Ridiculous And I'm not try to shut on you just I'm just I'm just asking you to sh logically go through the steps like tell me the facilitator and created that Kevin Katie has played with in the past five years ever really as good as Keke Cunny to that level, There hasn't There hasn't been one. Him and k would be fucking nuts. Is the perfect pairing. Now that we could talk costs, if your hold up as a cost, if it's like three plus first round picks and then some stuff like I'm with you, let's let's hold on, let's hold on. Was wait a minute, because probably played real estate two to three more years. But if it's anything other than that, I can't. I can't condone it. I really can't.
Speaker 2: There's no way people are like, actually that pressed over. Do you actually think Demarta Rosen is the missing piece for the Pistons. Is Reggie Jackson still on the team? That's when he would be good.
Speaker 1: The ship that gets me too is when people discuss it as an equal to coming to We told him fucking DeMar DeRozan, who's all due respect to him. It'll be truly sure, But at a time when you speak about as equal to Kevin Durant joined this team, I mean that's truly like just like jail, like you should go to jail for that ship to jail honestly, Yeah, I want to call call up the police, snitch and press charges because that's fucking criminal shiit criminals. Sharry On nowhere near equal to what what Kevin Durant is now at any point in his career.
Speaker 2: Prolific FC says, asking what a two time finals MVP has done in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean, I don't know. Man, I'm not I'm not, I don't know. I'm trying to help you guys walk through the steps.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: I liked when this city didn't watch basketball. I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: Man, when it comes up like basketball, Durant should be the one person that everybody's just.
Speaker 4: On board with.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that. Yeah, Durant, tell us.
Speaker 2: About water Hazard.
Speaker 1: Real quick as one.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 1: We'll touch on. We come back to Tobias better than John Collins, bro y'all denial. We'll talk about do whatever this when we come back. Go ahead, let me.
Speaker 6: Tell you guys about water Hazard. Water Hazard is the first can vodka cocktail from Founders to vodka based cocktail at five percent ABV. That's citrusy, refreshing, and gluten free. Guys, whether you're on the golf course or hanging with your buddies. Go get you some water hazard. It'll be good for a good time. You can get five dollars cans at any Art Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Golf touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Anny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network, Sports.
Speaker 1: It's game on.
Speaker 16: At artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, Wall to wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor, a.
Speaker 4: Ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man.
Speaker 8: Welcome to the.
Speaker 9: Woodward Heavyweights Live daily PM wod.
Speaker 2: Stores, Madpacks, Gonna get Madpacks dot Com and find a store near you carrying the best product in the game. They got the boom chocolate at two hundred milligram hash rosin gummies with a high low two hundred milligram live resin gummies. So go check them out. Get some mad Pack extracts as well, Mad flavor Man High mad Packs. Getmadpacks dot com.
Speaker 1: This gentleman in the chat right now call himself in a ficionado of basketball. Okay, the same gentleman who compared Kevin. I'm sorry, I'm sorry to let me back check it. I'm just I'm too fushing by Mary stodhom Are the jaileen fucking dirt that you're you were supposed to pay you as the basketball officionado?
Speaker 2: I just what do we what do we fun?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? What are we doing? Man?
Speaker 18: Drop the pipe? Crack is whack? Stop doing though we put the bottle down. Whatever you're using, stop it.
Speaker 5: Please, for the.
Speaker 1: Love of God, stop it.
Speaker 4: Get some help.
Speaker 1: Thank god you have a screen name. Your government was out there. I call your family to tell them, I'm concerned. What the fuck are we doing? What are we doing? Uh? Do you want to get to comment? Though? Before we went to break it was do it e forless effortlessly? Who says, what word denials the channel because Tobias is better than John Cowins, and I think in certain contexts, yeah, you could say that, but I also think context matters too, where you look at the next situations that Tobias was in versus John Collins, like Tobias playing with a stack seventy six, or team Tobias playing with a great play making point guard, maybe the best play making point guard in the league right now in Kate Cunnying, Like, I think those set up Tobias for better situations than John Collins seen in previous years. I think John Collins is every ability to be what Tobias was for us last year outside of the mid game. I'm saying those turnaround, fade away Tobias's hitting, I won't expect that out of John Collins. But remember those were also like desperation shots too, because we had no offense, no one else could get to you a bucket in certain moments. And that was even Kate off the florid Tobias doing those things. John Collins, I think it's a forty two three point shooter from the corner where Kay Cunyam is gonna feed him. I think fit wise John Collins can give you close to what Tobias did. I can't. I mean, he gave you thirty points of the playoffs. I can't see he tell you that John coss is gonna do that for us.
Speaker 2: I look at the things John Collins does better than Tobias Harris. One being a lob threat being the pick and roll, an actual pick and roll, real option for Kate Cunningham and the offense. Two the ability to play small ball five, which is something that Tobias couldn't do. And then three the shooting efficiencies on open and corner threes. He was about a ten percent better three point shooter than Tobias Harris on open three point attempts and about a five percent better three point shooter than Tobias Harris on corner three point attempts. On top of that, I think he is a more versatile and more athletic defender which JB. Bickerstaff will get the best out of. I think we saw Tobias Harris putting great defense on Karl Anthony Towns in the playoffs under JB. Bickerstaff, I think he will get even that that even more out of a John Collins. Now, is he a no doubt improvement from Tobias Harris. No, I mean it's it's kind of a linear move. I think he does a little bit better things to fit with the Pistons need maybe, but that's still that is a reserve or that is dependent on them getting another shot creator as well, because Tobias was your second best shot creator last season, so that part will be missed. But I think they both do thing like if you want to argue ones better than the other. Again, I'm not gonna freak out either way. I think I think John Collins is younger, more versatile, and is a better open three point shooter than.
Speaker 1: Tobias and ten million dollars less. Yeah, that's that's why you do with John Collins. And and Tobias said too like at some point maybe some of the conversations were he wants to go in a ring sunst one down. He said that when he departed, did he not that I want to play with the organization this series? But winning championships were just in the finals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things aligned for him.
Speaker 3: And I'm not tripping about the obiason because I think he's gonna do one or two years to San Antonio, and I think he's gonna be right back here.
Speaker 1: I truly do.
Speaker 3: I think that he there comes a point in time where he will take a pay cut to be a Detroit Piston. It just wasn't this time. Because I can't blame him. He got an offer on the table that met his needs and gave him the ability to chase the championship. Can't be mad at that. The other though, John Collins is just better, Okay, I mean he's I mean, you guys said most of it. I mean better, better corner three point shooter, more versatile as an offensive as an offensive weapon. Obviously, he doesn't have the shot creation that Tobias has. So you know, if and that's obviously a clear value that the Pistons need. So assuming that the Pistons address that at some point in this next calendar year, then the Pistons will be better off with John Collins then they will be with Tobias Harris today. Because you got to remember, too, Tobias was at that age where any offseason he could slip. Remember how rough he looked to start at the beginning of the year, like he was, he was really rough, and he came on strong, and you know, and he he fixed it and he played his best basketball when it mattered, so shout out to him. But you know, at the beginning of the season he looked cooked. So this was in This was an all around upgrade. But yes, the context is you need other shot creating to go with it in order to say that it is a complete home run.
Speaker 1: Better than Tobias Harris Kobe saying that tomorrow three and three Kobe, that is shout out for listening. Appreciate you, uh appreciate your contributions although they're absolutely fucking trash. Do you not? I mean, I just I don't believe you know basketball? Yes, by the individual stat numbers. You could sit there and tell me tomor de Rose is better than Tobias Hairs John Conns about fits for this team. If your goals win basketball games, DeMar De Rozens is third on that list. Every single fucking time, clogging up the spacing, can't shoot from three?
Speaker 2: Like, what what do we like?
Speaker 1: Do not watch basketball? Do we just look at oh toy points per game? Throw them in there, that'll win. Do you know remember what the Phenix Suns name with KD, Devin Booker and Bradley Beal. That's what you're asking for. Almost twenty points a game per piece. That that's an easy championship team, is it not? No, because it don't fit. They don't fit on the court. Just this, I don't know. I don't know, man, these these two k generation, the old people.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's going on in the chat today? Is it? Is it the butt virus that's going around. I got everybody literally shipping their brains out because they are talking dumb as fuck. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ninety point.
Speaker 1: I love you, and I love I love the contribution to Chat, but when I'm not gonna see here pretending like the Martha rose is a better fit for this team or fit at all for this team than John cons or Tobias Harris. I mean, check the check record. What is Demarga Roseen done in the past five years in the playoffs? Yes, actually been in the playoffs because it just play winning basketball.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's card Rosen is not four. He's definitely not a four and a good team ship man.
Speaker 3: Like it's f it's frustrating, but I think that I I think that you can again, you can look at this offseason and say, okay, Trajan, you did everything you needed except the obviously the most important thing, but you tried your ass off doing it. And I you know, I don't want to give anybody pad on the backs because pad in the backs don't bring championships, but I do. I do think you can look at this offseason and there's no reason to lose faith in Trajan like I I I can't see that. I can't see how this off this offseason did anything but increase faith in Trajan. Would you guys agree or disagree with that?
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't say it increased the faith in him at all.
Speaker 2: I think it would. I think it stayed the same at the very least, or lessened your faith in him. I think it.
Speaker 3: I think it increased it because I point, I point to move. It's like tough moves that typical gms in town. And you agree with me when I said this that the gms in town weren't Ay.
Speaker 2: But I'm not basing him off of other gms in town. I'm basing him off other gms in the NBA. And no, i'd nothing that he's done this year really like, maybe it didn't make me any feel any worse about him either, But I can't be like oh, look what he did for Isaiah Joe. He's the top five GM in the sport. Like, No, I still need him to do something that we can judge, something of real substance, and he hasn't.
Speaker 1: Day Jesus, y'all chasing off new viewers. Listen, brother, I said, thank you for your contributions. I appreciate him. I do. I'm just responding to him. People want to talk shit, I can talk shit back.
Speaker 5: This is America, America.
Speaker 1: What the fuck were doing? Danny g you guys, comrade, dumb shit you want? If it's dumb, I'm gonna call it dumb, of course, is my opinion. Obviously you think it's brilliant stuff. I think it's fucking dumb. I'm I'm not gonna pretend like it's it's I don't know, man, I don't know. But I do appreciate him in the chat though, I do. I'm just responding to it, that's all.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: I know you were locked in with that. But my question of like, because.
Speaker 1: A big ignored it, I think that wants why he's common in. No, that's a fair argument.
Speaker 3: I asked Spencer when it came to Trajan like this offseason because there are the people that you know kind.
Speaker 4: Of are upset with him.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's nothing this offseason he's done that could have lost you faith. I think, if anything, it probably stayed the same or you gained it. I gained a little bit of faith just because of the aggressiveness.
Speaker 4: That I saw from him.
Speaker 3: What aggressiveness, I mean the fact that he was reported to everybody, to everybody. I know that that again, pat on the backs don't get championships. I fully understand that. But I think that I think that scene that at least gave me a little bit more reassurance that he done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's I'm not increasing my thought of it, your faith. He hasn't done anything yet of real substance. He's done a good job replacing pieces. He's done a good job fitting the roster around kid, which again we shouldn't be like applauding that, like that should be basic GM one oh one is to fit your roster around your superstar six to seven point god, Like it should be pretty easy to do. I know, you know, Troy Weaver really struggled with that one, and so did Monty Williams. But he's done a good job of not fucking up. I will say that he's done a good job of adding marginal pieces, but I will not be swayed one way or another until I have an actual move of substance that I can judge fair.
Speaker 1: That's fair shot to denas he says. At age twenty two, Jalen Dirridge nine Jana during average nineteen and a half points, ten and a half rebounds at eleven and a half shots per game. Conversely, at the same age, Mari Stodamer average twenty six points. It's like that feels like a big fucking difference. But twenty six points and eight point nine rebounds on sixteen field goal tempts. I know ball, but the go find a clause and sit in it. Don't even turn leave the light off. You need to be alone your thoughts and work that one out.
Speaker 2: So yours better. But again again and yeah. And the end result is he doesn't deserve the contract either way, because Imri Stottenmeyer got paid and never won a championship, So like, what are you fighting for.
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 2: Even if it were right, it's the wrong result.
Speaker 1: Fight for somebody else's pockets is crazy. Unscrew the light bulb. Make sure there's no lights there's a deprivation tank. All right, just sit in the darkness alone for a little bit and just just work your way through that one. Please. We love you, Tanaj. I want you to be better. I really do.
Speaker 18: Well.
Speaker 2: That's Spencer needs a high price Sham's bomb to judge. Not the yearly growth of the basketball team. No, the yearly growth of the basketball team has shown me what I've agreed with Trajan and why I like tration and why I said he's the second best GM in this town. But I'm not gonna bust my nut over John Collins, Like, what the fuck are you talking about? Has what he's done this offseason made you say, you know what, he's the best GM in basketball? No, it shouldn't. He hasn't done anything that's big enough to sway that this offseason. The growth that he's shown is why I already believe of him as what he is. You guys just fucking say shit.
Speaker 1: I swear to God man the dund On Yolsa in the clause condope it is. That's why I recommend it to my man. You know, go in there, fight those demons.
Speaker 6: Aaron Rodgers darkness to treat.
Speaker 1: Uh Yeah, now, lost base in the clause, I'm saying, put those demons against back against the ball. They can't go nowhere. He's be just beat him up, beat him up. I was gonna break come back. We got some line stuff too. Now, you guys, tell me what you want to talk about in the woversports chet Uh but feist. We gotta tell you guys about Thrive.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you about Thrive. Most people think energy comes from a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid. But you guys, you guys know better than that. Come on, it's time to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches. This isn't your daddy's dip. It's tobacco free, nickotill free, mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of clean smart caffeine including alpha GPC and lf anine, No jitters, no sugar crash, zero bloating. Thrive can be found online at dipstop dot com. Remember to use promo code WSN for fifteen percent off your entire order and all exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. Thrive Clean Energy A zero distractions. They just fing work.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 8: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on.
Speaker 13: Our side, Woodward Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with.
Speaker 7: Equipment for every workout?
Speaker 11: And how about pre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leads and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 10: Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 9: The hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams All season long. You'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Amnesia and The Switch. Make sure you guys go check it out. Two flavors of THC Diamonds in one vape. It's awesome. You can find it at pretty much any location near you. Any place that sells weed or weed accessories. You know they got the amnesia pack, so get the new switch. It's awesome, it's delicious. You know I got that switch on me.
Speaker 1: You know I got that Swish talk, that Swiss talk.
Speaker 2: What up the Welcome bite?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Wights live? Which sports dot Com? Easy watch? More racks on Chris here Skywalker buildings smashed like button b friend to the friend and share the stream. There is one topic in here because that's the vote in there. So far, you guys are picking Pistons. Boona recommended the Detroit Pittsons sign. Ben Simmonson, dude.
Speaker 4: Booz this man, that's that's time out. That's time out, time out.
Speaker 3: Absolutely you what you said, DeMar Deroz?
Speaker 1: It breaks you know space? It what about Ben Simmons space?
Speaker 3: He is going to be on the floor with one, if not two, of Ron Holland a Star, Tompson or Jalen during at all times. That is a terrible fit. I get that. I get that he sees that there could be some value Ben Simmons, although I actually don't really even agree with that because I mean, the guy was just like, I don't think he's I don't think he's able to handle the bright lights of basketball.
Speaker 1: But even if he is, even if.
Speaker 3: I give him that grace, the fit on this team, especially this would be the worst fit for Ben Simmons in the NBA.
Speaker 4: What would be a worst fit?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, Demarto Rosen.
Speaker 3: The Kings would be great because they don't have no televised games, no pressure.
Speaker 1: My thing. But the thing with Ben Simmons, and then you were hard person, right. I was gonna make maybe an argument for it, but I just listen to you. Thank god you went first. I will say that I'm out Ben can create for all the guys. I'm saying that like he But again, like you said, though the older guys can't shoot, the other guys with them can only operate the rim as well. So it's like you are correct, and Ben Simmons doesn't even shoot.
Speaker 3: Like remember, yeah, I just like I I guess I'll root for Ben Simmons as a player to come back and you know, have success in the NBA. Sure you're a fishing champion. I thought you would have just went on, you know, just trying to defend your legacy there. But welcome back to the NBA, Buddy Wish you the best.
Speaker 2: And shout out in the chat to where is it LM three one three, one to three? Uh high spending big fan? Is Stephen Wolf in your top fifteen lines of all time? I'd have to put him up there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He hits the gap really hard. H He's a very versatible, very versatile player, long girthy. Yeah, Stephen Wolf. He definitely fucks the competition. That's Johnny since real name. I had to google it. I didn't just know that offhand.
Speaker 1: But alright, alright, you really take a pound it out there, Yeah, really take a pound it out there. No, I don't want Ben's like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I'd rather have de Martin de Rosen off off the top three and three?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 10: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Dog de Rosen will say Ben Simmons. We didn't say no top somewhere earlier. He clearly all said no.
Speaker 2: I absolutely do not want Ben Simmons anywhere near my team or locker room. He sucks. Uh, he's he's a mental midget, let alone, not shooting threes. He can't make shots period, like it's like a sar but not good at defense.
Speaker 3: No, no, thank you, Let's bring yeah, let's bring Ben Simmons to the dog pound. Right, Let's let's bring him around all these junkyard dogs.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: That fits, That's a great fit.
Speaker 5: Let's do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that. How about it? Shot? And see he's uh, he's preaching preaching the patience for Trajan, and I just I'm with you with the progression that it's been there for sure, and some of it has been like some obvious ship like getting Ky to stretch forward. That's I don't know why our boy where it was so far against it, you know what I'm saying. That's a simple fix. The thing is, And I know you listened to Cool as well. We've had cooland show recently who had opened a broadcast of the Pisson's window as up to twenty twenty nine. Because when you do pay a SR, you do resign kid. Under the current CBA, you ain't gonna have a lot of space to go grab someone and go get it like you do right now. And the other situation too, with the opportunity to go get it right now is your competition. The Raptors, the seventy six ers, the Cleveland Cavaliers would just beat you. They all took leaps this offseason outside of the casts. I'm always see the cast because I'm predicting Lebron James probably goes. But they already beat you anyway, right they smoked you out in the playoffs. It's got it is right now, it is right now. I got time to wait till K twenty seven under the current CBA. I so think it's gonna work out that way. In my personal opinion, active pay a SAR after pay Kid whoever else doll online to like. I just, I just I don't know, man, I don't see it that way, especially with the SAR kind of really offering you one side of the court right now. With all due respect to him, I mean, I hope you know by now I love Usar Thompson. I fought too the nail for him against a guy Nick. It's just you gotta get it before that twenty twenty nine. Yep, That's is where I'm at with it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're seeing it now, these windows for you know, I think it was you that said five years. I'm like, I don't even know if you can have a five year window anymore unless one of your best players is on a rookie contract. That's the only way you can this is the NFL. Now you are in a constant state of two to three years. You get your shot, that's it, and then you gotta retool and figure out some shit Like That's what's gonna happen right now to the New York Knicks after this year, they're gonna have to figure some stuff out. Yeah, they're gonna have to figure some stuff out. They're gonna have to reset, rebuild your brunts.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna take another pick cut.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Boston. You've seen that. They just said, all right, we gotta reset our future. We gotta shuffle the decks here like I it's this is the new NBA is that every two to three years. Uh, you know there's going to be there's going to be new contenders formed, and you know you're gonna have to be able to win on the margins with smart contracts, you know, rookie contracts contributing high levels.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Because the only way k during in the Star are together pat in the year twenty thirty is if they have another player on a rookie contract that is one of the best players. That's the only way, that's the only way you'd keep them past twenty thirty together.
Speaker 2: And uh Hikatrina.
Speaker 1: We might talk lines, hey, Garrow talk Lions. Detroit Lions have won the pole, hit the break, We're coming back. We do got some juicy Detroe Lion topics because we haven't talked about them the juicy two weeks. Juicy, you have got some good Detroy linone stuff. But first we tell you guys with the massage chair house with my guy doctor R. Duncan at the number one massage here, what the biggest largest massage here showroom in side of the Mississippi. I'm not gonna do that accident't know where he lines politically. Make sure you check out the massage Sharehouse dot com in his channel where he has the Nublee massage abute on the internet. Makes you check out massage shows dot Com.
Speaker 7: Jimi and Gibbs breakout season.
Speaker 12: Floating the five games to the exaudown.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 2: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 17: I think with opportunity right, like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and you have an avenue here. Maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have someplace to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward.
Speaker 7: Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 10: Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 7: The hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 9: Fans and can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams. All season long, you'll get NonStop Tigers contents from onfield interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 1: Buddies.
Speaker 3: Pizza home of the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years, and you know what, when you're the best at pizza, you know you gotta switch it up a little bit. You got to add some more to the menu. You got breadsticks, you got cheese breads, you got salad, you got chicken wings, you got all sorts of stuff, meatballs, they got it all. Make sure you save ten percent on it all with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal when you order online at Buddiespizza dot com. Check it out as beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Detroy Lines, welcome back to the way. So I like to be friends on the French industry. We have multiple topics. The one I think I'm most excited to start with is the running back round. We also have the roster rankings, you know, I mean we also have a little Rostel Douglas did each lin. Where would you like to start?
Speaker 2: Spencer Sto, what'st.
Speaker 1: Would you know?
Speaker 10: I like my dessert before my vegetables.
Speaker 2: That's a quote from the Rock and one of the Fast and Furious movies. We got good but good news and bad news? Which one do you want first?
Speaker 10: You know, I like my dessert before my vegetables.
Speaker 1: Why did you give them Southern axe?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's got like kind of a southern accent in those movies.
Speaker 1: I love the Rock and some awful actor though that's fair. The rocks literally only got like two good movies.
Speaker 6: He looks prettydiculous. That's like a live action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love them.
Speaker 2: I love the Rockets a person and as a wrestler, but as an actor there have been much better actors come out of w W.
Speaker 1: Which which one of these topics? Is you just the running backs, let's go. Yeah, that's what I'm saying too. Yeah. So ESPN they do this every year, or at least the last two years I could I could speak on for sure. Is it get an anonymous executives, coaches, scouts from around the NFL and they have them fill in their top ten whatever position. Uh. This year, the first one to come out was the running backs. Now the running back list, Jamiir Gibbs was in the top three, but he was not three, and he was not one, so.
Speaker 4: It's the top three.
Speaker 2: So the top three you have their Bijon Robinson, Jamiir Gibbs, and Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 1: I've always called Jah a top three running back.
Speaker 6: I don't think anyone's disagreeing with that top three like like I mean like the not order, but like those are.
Speaker 1: The those names that's fair. Could I I could? Could you make it a debate for Chritian McCaffrey.
Speaker 6: Though, No, he's injured way too much and he almost doesn't even like play a running back position.
Speaker 7: I feel like.
Speaker 1: He's like Anna everything. He's like a He's kind of wanna want job him because alepon he's he's a lepond.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: B John Robinson raked over Jamiir Gibbs. Is that wrong er? Right?
Speaker 6: I think they're one A one D like. I think it's so cool.
Speaker 2: I think it's right. I think I think b Jhon Robinson is the best running back in the league, and I think he is a better all around running back than Jamior Gibbs. I think Jamiir Gibbs is a better weapon. I think he's more explosive. I think when you look at if I need one play to take it to the house, I would lean to Jamior Gibbs. But when I'm talking about who's a better running back pound for pound, I do think it's b Jhon Robinson. I don't think it's by a lot, but I think he has more success running between the numbers. I think, uh he's more hard to take down as the first tackler the first I'll say the first point of contact, yeah, because Jamier Gibbs is hard to take down with one guy. But I think when contact is put on you, I think Bijon Robinson is harder to take down. So I would lean Bijon over Jamiir, but with you, but I think it is pretty close because as much as the between the tackle stuff and the the fighting through contact stuff does favor Bijon Robinson, this game is about scoring touchdowns and nobody has scored more touchdowns at the running back position than Jamier Gibbs since he's come into the league. That guy is a game breaker. And that too, like what's better You give the ball the guy or give a ball to a guy five times and he gets you five yards every time, or you give the ball to the guy five times and on one of those he takes it for sixty. So I'll like Bijon has that capability. Well, he is a very you know, he's an explosive back in his own right, but Jamiir Gibbs is lightning personified. And if you want to choose one or the other, I'm not gonna be mad at you, Seth. I'm I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I said this last year. I call heat for it from Detroit Lions fans, as I expected because I'm going against the Detroit Lion here, but Bijon, although then they like, yeah, if you want to take a political way out, one A, one B.
Speaker 6: For sure, I think Bjon's a little bit better.
Speaker 1: For sure. I think he's got a better contact balance. I think he's got a deeper bag of moves. I think he's better in between the tackles, and so far he's been a better receiver as well. And I think Jamiir Gibbs, yeah, you point to the touchdowns for sure, but he's also got a better situation going for him too, and wide receivers that block down the field in the scenario too. Like I think Gibbs been blessed with a better scenario than Bejon Robinson. That's why you see some of the production there and actually put up the production. I think we have the numbers one to be one right there and Bejon more carries. But I think if he gave Gibbs as many carries as Bijeon, you probably get right around the same yards per carrier, yards per attempt, I should say, but Bejeon better wide receiver. Uh, but it's thin be. I think Gibbs you get a little bit more of a home run factor, which I think Skywalker's gonna not do there and all around right now, if I had to pick it.
Speaker 6: Is, Yeah, Jehann is way better between the tackles. Yes, that's just like that's the one thing for me that just sets him a little bit more above Gibbs. I think if you're running like a sweet player or something like that, I probably would prefer Jamier just because he's got that explosive fast speed. But as an all around back, just everything that you take a look at it for a back, Bijon is probably better. And like I like Gibbs a lot. I think he fits for his team, but Bijon just has that just a little bit more so Gibbs.
Speaker 3: Do you think though that be or that Gibbs is a better fit here in Detroit than than Bejeon would be, or you just or would you just take the better about pound for pound running back understanding the context.
Speaker 2: I think last year you could say Gibbs would be a better fit in Detroit than Bijeon would be. But now when you're looking at lead back status, I think Bijon has the ability to carry the lead back better than the strong Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean he's a little bit more powerful when he runs and and he bounces off the guy. He's got the he got great contact bounce.
Speaker 2: I do think Gibbs will be fine as the lead back. I think he might be the number one back in football this year based off of offense and and what you know. I think the Lions offense is going to be much better than the Atlanta Falcons offense. But they're gonna feed Bijon as they should.
Speaker 1: What are we doing voting? David tis the best?
Speaker 2: W W what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Jet?
Speaker 5: Get the fuck out of here? David tesus terrible. He's so bad.
Speaker 1: It's Johnson about mile. I'm fucking oh, it's a disappointed.
Speaker 6: What's going on is literally just comedic relief.
Speaker 1: He's great. I mean he's the whole comedic relief because it can't so we're gonna be the one line best role.
Speaker 6: I can't think off the top because it's not good. He's in more like serious roles.
Speaker 2: My spy.
Speaker 1: I think I've actually heard that's like a good movie John Cena, and that that one movie where the parents are like the kids trying to like party Losing Virginy like that Johnson. That movie was fucking phenomenal, hilarious. And the one with the one girl. I'm terrible with actors names. By the way, she's kind of pludging. She's a comedian. He was great in that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in Dune, but he screams and he runs away from Gurney like he plays the dumb ass he does.
Speaker 1: He plays a big guy. Yeah, like it's you know, what are we doing voting?
Speaker 2: Batista?
Speaker 1: Chat, Come on?
Speaker 6: I like him in h Gardens like Galaxy.
Speaker 2: He's good as dregs.
Speaker 1: But again, not the It's another big dumb not the toughest, not the toughest role to play.
Speaker 6: Ri is hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's John too. Huh The Rock is the worst.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kevin, it was like Dead Tide for a second.
Speaker 1: It's John's okay, all right, I'm sorry, Chat, we're forming our way through here. I think you conformed, Ricky Snicky. Great movie. You guys haven't seen any have Amazon Prime to watch Dorothy chat one millions cock blockers. Thank you, I'll watch that tonight. Entring shut off, Freddy Felt, You're a fucking g thank you. Sorry, jam Gibbs. Again, it's it's very thin. But yeah, but by the way, our guys a top three conversation legitimately now last year three this year too. I mean, I think we've all known he's had that capability, and I'd say this too. This year he's gonna be a lead back. Sure, I feel like he was a lead back last year. That's what Dave Montgomery wanted us.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: It's it's just and it's not a bad thing to be arguing. I don't anybody get pissed off about this. I mean, if you josh player a sure, go for it. But I just I think we should be happy that our guys even the conversations. Yeah, a validation there.
Speaker 2: No, it just proves like how elite the Lions roster really is, and that we take for granted that we have multiple players in multiple different positions groups inarguably at the very least top five at their position. Like when when you look at linebacker, edge, wide receiver, running back, tight end, when healthy, safety, like you've got some of the best talent in the league, and Jamiir Gibbs is probably the most exciting player to watch in the NFL outside of maybe his teammate Jamison Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jimy gives probably the number one for me. He just I mean, any given moment, man, take to the crib. The Giants game that ot run was fucking nuts, and we had a New York Nick behind us too, Nicolescito, that's fucking awesome. Turn and talk a little bit shit to him, shout Nicolesito, fuck your Nicks.
Speaker 2: He kept saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: I want to know what the excuses are gonna be.
Speaker 2: We we lost, Like, if they lose, there's no excuses they lost. Yes, he kept pulling the nil uh cabu sound.
Speaker 1: Kayaki the celebrity has a hot Latina wife shout out. He would have won our yeah hot wife contest. Yep, what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Coverage?
Speaker 1: But he lives in California.
Speaker 2: We had beef.
Speaker 1: It's I funal he had a hot wife. I was like, you know what, I forgive everything you said. I respect you.
Speaker 2: Who is this sound shout out? I was he was for sure gonna win the kicking coverage. We had beef in the golf front. We're good now, shouts like, k all right, mail bag, mail bag, tell us about all day, all day. Ethan listen All Day i A. It's really good. It's really good. It's been in the game for over fifteen years. You can get and artin Jake's near You on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. You can get five dollars shorts of all day five dollars of All Day IPA from Founders Brewing Companies, So Michigan companies supporting Michigan companies. Go get some all Day IPA from Founders and artin Jake's near You.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost here, Detroits and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Row first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kurmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg yesterday. Locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 10: Sports.
Speaker 14: Some days call for light, others lean bold, What about everything in between? All day IPA It's the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on Refreshment One's great two even better, brood with you and money, no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much.
Speaker 15: All day I p a hop into easy.
Speaker 4: A ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man.
Speaker 9: Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights live daily on wod.
Speaker 5: Story looms a Loom dot com.
Speaker 2: Go to Loom dot com to find a location near you today. He's promo code WSN thirty to get thirty percent off your order and make sure you check out some of those buzzing energies hunter milligrams of caffeine and seven and a half milligrams of THC in a can.
Speaker 1: They're great.
Speaker 2: They'll keep you going and mail you out at the same time. It's kind of crazy. Get some Loom near you today at Loom dot com WSN thirty get thirty percent off. It's Loom Cannabis.
Speaker 1: Were up going back to whatever waits Live more sports dot com. We do the mailbag sentment. But we did have our guy sky Walker who took the time. By the way, Stebo Baby, I do remember the Marine, but memory correctly. I think I did like that one, but I could be confusing with the Sniper with Mark Wahlberg. I think that's what I think about. That's Shooter the Shooter. Okay, that was I think I'm using the two. I might. That's a really good movie as a fire ass movie. Yeah, shoot up in the mountains, try and get him. Yea, that's actually well the story he's like very similar.
Speaker 2: I mean he is up in the mountains, but they like frame him for killing somebody.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a promise.
Speaker 2: Yeah different Yeah, shoot, you've never seen have you ever seen Shooter? Watch Shooter. That's a great movie.
Speaker 6: All right, I wat.
Speaker 2: Mail bag. I think the Tigers need relief pitching. Who you replacing besides Jansen's is Rando small Well? I mean Will Smith, Will Smith, Will Vest is injured, So you gotta get Yeah, we can't just have Kyder running the last three innings of ever game, like.
Speaker 1: I love it, but no I keep it going.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't have what can't this guy do?
Speaker 1: You can't do it every night? He why? Nice?
Speaker 2: I think he can?
Speaker 1: I know he can't physically and legally.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta get Yeah, you do need some more help in there, Chanson. He's chocked u Vest. Maybe they caught lightning in a bottle or maybe he literally can only pitch in the ninth inning so we'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 1: Renal Small is the greatest wrestling actor of all time? Is Dore the Giant, the Princess and the Bride Fucking phenomenal movie Princess Bride. Yeah whatever, you know what I meant. I'm guessing the one running back on your list, Skywalker was Jamior Gibbs number one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he just said that.
Speaker 2: Mail bag much love. Boys. Got my three month post op uh X rays today and after three years and nine surgeries, my has finally healed. We will be back racing motocross next summery DBK, appreciate you, brother, GD.
Speaker 1: Some highlights of you of you riding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, glad, glad, that's all healed up, man, Get back on, Get back on the horse, brother, heh yeah, DBK. Mail bag from Steve O Baby Spencer. I'm so pumped. I can't believe college football is almost here. Yeah, six more weeks.
Speaker 1: College state football right around the corner.
Speaker 2: I mean, this year it's gonna be better than last year. It's not saying much, but it'll be better. It'll be actual football, Like we're actually going to watch a football team this.
Speaker 6: Year unless winning. Heman, you heard it here.
Speaker 1: I FuG with.
Speaker 2: Honestly he's tough.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm not heard though one mail bag. What's a reasonable hall for Dylan market?
Speaker 2: A reasonable haul for Dylan market?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know, because the price just keeps going up. When you see Carlson is gonna get eighteen million dollars a year, Leo, Carlson is a better player than Dylan Larkin, not that much better to make ten million more dollars a year. So, uh, Larkin's gonna fetch you a pretty penny because the center market is depleted and ugly, and the price of good centers is at starting at twelve million dollars and Dylan Larkin is at the very least a good center.
Speaker 1: Shout. I remember with the super chats to shout the guys. Can we get some funny stories? The last couple of minutes twin m I got one that I'm at clean up for the air. I almost said it last week, but I was like nineteen. I got this girl. She's driving like an hour out and we're just you know, we're doing what you do at nineteen and but she was like the first girl that like I could like experiment with i'd like do like some shot. I sy the movies. Yeah, you know, put your leg here. Yeah, I'll put your legs there, slap you here, slap you there. And so you know, one night we're going at it great time.
Speaker 6: And I believe this story.
Speaker 1: I decided to I've seen the movie again. I'm just trying things out of there. She's learning everything, everything, everything's flying so far. I think. But two things, and this is the first thing. Is I spat on her. I spit on her. I see the movies, So what happens. She slapped the funk out of me, But we kept going, so I don't know if I don't know if it worked out. And that's a funny story I wanted to share. I always want to say there.
Speaker 2: There was one time that this was in East Lanching.
Speaker 1: It was ringing.
Speaker 2: Ship. My boys came up. It was like I think it was Halloween or something, and we were partying and my boy Mustache wrestled in high school and he's he's good at wrestling, but he's he's a smaller guy than me and I had never wrestled, so we were pretty evenly matched and we were going at it like and the on the front lawn of this house party, like violently wrestling each other.
Speaker 1: And uh niggas making love the house. Like the owner of the house comes over and he's like, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Guys gotta get out of here. Man like like, come on, just stop, just leave, go to the We stopped. I look at him dead in his eyes. I was like, you're next, and then we just continued wrestling, and he walked away and didn't say anything to us for the rest of the party.
Speaker 1: One time I was at Central Michigan the Halloween party. I forget the name of the house. It was like a known house at the CMU, and I'm fucking wasted. There's no railings of the porch. I may have sold this one already on the air, to be honest with you, but I uh, I stepped on this girl's shoe, you know, being a drunk ass, and our boyfriend shoved me, and there's no railing on the porch, so I flew up the porch. My entire football team is at this party at CMU. We got scrappers, you know, Tyler Conkley and Craig Craig and so uh Craig you know, he's never won to spare words, he's just throwing pun So we just got to fucking big ass brawl. I'm fucking the girls up, falling off the porch too. We're both and then she's like me, I'm holding her and we're just watching everything. I'm not even fighting, dude, I'm just watching everything going down. My boy gains shot gains games. Uh you know, big dt big dude. Uh you know, people sacked their pants, Gains in the middle of the street, pants down to his fucking oh ass, fucking sitting there going back.
Speaker 2: And forth, Yeah, with this dude.
Speaker 1: And I just sat there and watched the whole tire time with that guy's girlfriend. I was just fucking. I was fucking. I was wasted.
Speaker 2: I was at this one party and something similar happened. This is a high school party, and.
Speaker 1: Uh shot the crack by the way, real one for had my back.
Speaker 2: Like somebody you know, got too drunk. One of my he was a friend of mine. He was like one of my boys. But like you know, I went to a small school, so you pretty much know everybody, and he was a friend of mine. He was super like blacked out and he I don't know, like same kind of thing like bumped into some of these girls something and some guy like stuck him right away, and my boy TJ just immediately on ten boom starts beating his dude's ass. They fall through the front porch, like the gate of it in the lawn, beating his dude's ass, and like, me and all my other boys are like, oh, yeah, you know, we're riping it up.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: We hear somebody say no.
Speaker 1: Fuck that pop the trunk.
Speaker 5: We're like, oh fuck fu.
Speaker 2: We just immediately start dipping. Everybody's running different areas. I'm running trying to get to my boy stashed his car, who me and TJ came with. We're all running in the middle of street. My sandal comes off in the middle of street. I wore these Jordan slides religiously, literally every day for like a five year period, like they were my favorite article of clothing. I was like, I'm going back for it. I turn around. I see him reaching into the trunk. I was like, damn, I might die over this Jordan slide. He pulls out a baseball bat. I was like, man, like the fuck and so yeah. So then I mean he's still he like runs at me. But now I have the whole confidence in my mind, like I can eat a baseball bat. Like if I get hit with a baseball bat, whatever, you know, it's not getting shot. I'm running. I grabbed the sandal. He swings the bat. I pull back and go ship like right by my face, turn around, dip, we get out of there. It was yeah, but I was subconsciously willing to die over over Jordan's slide.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Last one. Yeah, and this we may have told this one too, but my birthday four years ago, three years ago. Uh, we went all, had a good time, went to the preseason game. Then we went to this this trip club. After everyone's like, where's the after hours, where's the at the hours? I'm talking to strippers and my words, where's the after hours? And they give us a couple of dresses. The first one we go to the open bottle slide door like one hundred dollars person. We turn right around. Yep, said fuck you, granted we beat the strippers there, I get it. They didn't want more, Yeah, saying that's all right, but completely fits fair. Second spot, not too many cars parked around. Yeah, kind of dark, you don't hear any music. But it's the address.
Speaker 2: The address she gave me.
Speaker 1: I'm we're going in and we're gonna wait for the other strippers to come and we have a great, great night, and were getting there and what I can only assume is too homeless man watching friends watching friends, ty food e TI food on a big screen. By the way, I don't you know, I don't know what the is going on? Uh five dudes, by the way, my man gets up, has a fucking forty five on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pulls out.
Speaker 1: There's no party here tonight, boys.
Speaker 5: All right, yeah, alright, fuck, no problem, we got it. No party.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: We should have jumped up and took his gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should have jump and took the typhood? How did forget I'd be enough? I mean, I was scared, but I wasn't that scared. I just felt like, yeah, he was doing what he had to do, was five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't want to shoot.
Speaker 1: He's homeless. You don't get tye food often, you know, you had to product.
Speaker 3: I was, I was, I was far by, I was behind. I was far behind. But I was like, I was like, okay, well all right, this just isn't the spot. I was I was more like, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Chris, Yeah, they bumping the Chris walking out or bumping the Chris or Matt walking out, like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Get Yeah. It was the biggest dudes in the front too, So yeah, I don't like I said, he didn't want to shoot anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could tell he was more so like get get you. Yeah, this is my typhoon mother, this is my friend's night.
Speaker 2: Well that'll do it for us today. Appreciate you'all tapping and make she smash that like button for Easy, for Skywalker, for Chris. I'm Spencer. We are the heavyweights and we'll catch you boys tomorrow and ladies tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Peace.