Speaker 1: Welcome to the deep dive. We take a whole stack of information articles, research our notes, and really try to pull out the key insights for you.
Speaker 2: Right the goal is always to cut through that complexity, get.
Speaker 1: To the useful stuff exactly, and help you unlock the power of these well cutting edge tools. Today we're diving deep into prompt engineering for generative AI.
Speaker 2: It's a huge topic right now, it really.
Speaker 1: Is, and we're working from a fantastic resource today, the book Prompt Engineering for Generative AI by James Phoenix and Mike Taylor. It's been called a lighthouse in this sort of vast ocean of AI.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to put it. Yeah, this deep dive is really giving you a shortcut, a way to understand how to get reliable, high quality results from AI models.
Speaker 1: Whether it's text or images right exactly.
Speaker 2: Text or images. It's about, as books says, kind of future proofing your inputs for reliable AI outputs at scale.
Speaker 1: And that's so important because wow, the pace of change with generative AI is just it's breakneck speed. It's actually hard to keep up.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it really is every week something new.
Speaker 1: So let's start at the beginning. What is prompt engineering, Why does it matter so much?
Speaker 2: Okay? So, at its core, prompt engineering is basically the art and well the science of crafting the right funt inputs, the prompts you give the AI to get the outputs you actually want, the instructions essentially exactly clear instructions. And it matters a lot because what you put in fundamentally changes the probability of every single word or pixel the AI generates.
Speaker 1: Next ah probability.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Plus, you know models like open AIS they charge based on tokens. Used tokens are kind of like pieces of words.
Speaker 1: So the length and quality of your prompt directly impacts costs directly.
Speaker 2: So optimizing prompts isn't just about quality, it's crucial for cost and reliability to getting it right saves money and headaches.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes total sense, like briefing someone properly before they start a task. So let's dive in. What are those foundational principles, the ones that work no matter which AI model you're using.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's focus on three core principles these really hold up over time. First, one, and maybe the most common pitfall people run into, is you need to give direction, be specific, be specific, brief the AI on exactly what you wanted to do. So instead of just saying brainstorm product names for a shoe, which is.
Speaker 1: Okay, a bit vague, right.
Speaker 2: Vague, you'd get much better results. Adding context like brainstorm product names for a shoe that fits any foot size in the style of Steve Jobs, or you know like Elon Musk wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Eame it ah, Okay. Adding that constraint really narrows it down for the AI precisely.
Speaker 2: And the sources we looked at they really emphasize that too little direction is the number one problem. That's why AI sometimes seems to well misunderstand you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So clear direction first. Once you've got that, what's the next key thing for getting predictable results.
Speaker 2: Next up is specify format. This is huge. AI models are incredible universal translators, not just between say French and English, but between data structures. I think JSON to YAMEL or even just natural language to Python code.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So it's really important to tell the AI what format you want the answer in. If you don't, especially if you're building software that relies on.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, I can see that you.
Speaker 2: Might sometimes get a numbered list when you expected comma separated values or something like that, and that could just break your whole process.
Speaker 1: So specifying format prevents those kinds of errors. Can you ask for complex stuff?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? You can ask for really complex formats like Mermaid syntax for generating flow diagrams. It's surprisingly capable.
Speaker 1: That's powerful, especially for developers. Okay, so direction format. What's the third pillar?
Speaker 2: The third one is provide examples Sometimes, honestly, it's just easier to show the AI what you like instead of trying to describe it perfectly.
Speaker 1: Like show, don't just tell exactly.
Speaker 2: This works really well if you're maybe not an expert in the specific domain yourself. Let's say you want product names but in a very particular kind of quirky style. Okay, instead of trying to describe quirki, you just give examples like eyebar, fridge, iverdge beer. I time, the AI sees that pattern immediately, Ah.
Speaker 1: I see, it learns the style from the examples. How many examples work best?
Speaker 2: Usually just adding one to three examples almost always helps. It gives the AI a much clearer target. You just need to be mindful of the token limits.
Speaker 1: Right, the character limits for the prompt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like mid journey. The image generator takes about six thousand characters free chat GPT is more like thirty two thousand, so you usually have space for a few good examples without any trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay, so give direction, specify format, provide examples. Those are the fundamentals. But let's level up for people wanting to use AI professionally. How do you get it to do more complex things like generating structured data, transforming text, maybe even checking its own work.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, this is where it moves from you know, just experimenting to really building things. Let's start with generating structured outputs. This goes way beyond simple lists. Okay, you can get the A to generate really complex mested data structures. The book mentions things like hierarchical lists JSON Yamal, like.
Speaker 1: Creating a database ready structure exactly.
Speaker 2: Imagine generating a detailed article outline perfectly formatted as a Jason payload, or taking a user's casual request and turning it into a structured Yamal shopping list. The precision is incredible.
Speaker 1: Wow, does it always get it right like perfectly valid Jason every time?
Speaker 2: Not always. Language models can sometimes add extra conversational text or maybe generate slightly invalid Jason or Yamal, But there are smart ways strategies to handle those kinds of edge cases in your code.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know and beyond JASAML.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can even generate things like mock CSV data, you know, a list of fake names, ages, grades, whatever you need ready to use in spreadsheets or other tools. It's like having an instant data engineer.
Speaker 1: That is genuinely powerful for automation. Okay, so that's generating structured stuff, but what about working with texts that already exists, transforming, simplifying it, analyzing it right.
Speaker 2: Huge area. There's several really cool techniques here. One that's super popular and useful is explain it like I'm five ELI five, yet exactly ELI five. It's not just a gimmick. It's a seriously powerful way to take dense technical documents think medical abstracts or complex legal text and boil them down into language anyone can grasp. It really helps democratize information.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: What else, then, there's universal translation. We mentioned language to language, but lllms can also translate between coding languages like Python to JavaScript or vice versa. They act as this amazing bridge TREA.
Speaker 1: Do communication gaps? Okay, but what if the AI doesn't have enough information to give a good answer, can it like ask for more detail?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely, you can teach it to ask for context. Llm's can function as sort of simple agents with some reasoning ability. You can actually prompt them to recognize when they lack info and then ask you clarifying questions.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, So it becomes more of a.
Speaker 2: Dialogue exactly like if you ask should I use Mango dB or POSTGRESCOO, a well prompted GBT four might come back with okay to answer that, I need to know what's your data structure? Like what are your scalability needs? Do you need acid compliance? And so on?
Speaker 1: So it guides you to give it the info at needs for a better answer.
Speaker 2: It's smart, very smart, turns it into an active problem solver. Another really neat one is text style unbundling unbundling.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: It means you can get the AI to analyze a piece of text and extract its specific stylistic features the tone, sentence, length, vocabulary choices, even the structure.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then what then you can.
Speaker 2: Use those extracted features? Is a kind of style guide to generate new content that matches that original voice perfectly. Super useful for businesses wanting consistent brand messages.
Speaker 1: Ah I see maintaining a consistent voice across different pieces of content crucial for branding totally. Now, what about just dealing with huge amounts of text, like reading massive reports or research papers.
Speaker 2: That's where summarization and chunking come in. AI. Summarization is amazing for distilling information, but for really long documents you hit those context limits we talked about, right.
Speaker 1: The AI can only remember so much text at once.
Speaker 2: Exactly, so chunking, just breaking the text into smaller, manageable pieces, is essential. It lets you process long documents, even ones covering multiple topics, without overwhelming the AI.
Speaker 1: How do you decide where to split the texts?
Speaker 2: There are different ways. You can split by sentence, paragraph, sometimes by complexity, or just by length, or you can get really precise and split by the actual token count using specific tools, especially for models like open ais ensures each chunk fits perfectly.
Speaker 1: Okay, smart ways to handle large inputs. But now we've generated all this output, how do we know if our prompts are actually any good? How do we evaluate the quality rigorously great question.
Speaker 2: Evaluating prompt quality is key if you're serious. You can start simple, like with the thumbs up thumbs down rating system at the bit of Rigger.
Speaker 1: Okay, basic feedback.
Speaker 2: But you can get much more sophisticated. Automated evaluation is totally possible. For instance, you could use a powerful model like GPT four to actually grade the responses from a less powerful model AI.
Speaker 1: Evaluating AI interesting using the best model to check the others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the book talks about proper ab testing methods. Often using tools like Jupiter notebooks, you can do things like shuffler responses, so the human rader is blind to which prompt variation produced which output, avoiding bias.
Speaker 1: Proper scientific method basically exactly.
Speaker 2: You can even compare prompt variations using metrics like embedding distance that measures how semantically similar an AI's answer is to a known ground truth or perfect.
Speaker 1: Answer, so measuring how close it is and meaning right.
Speaker 2: The whole point is to iterate faster, more scientifically and reduce the need for tons of slow, expensive manual review.
Speaker 1: It's incredible how fast this field is moving, not just the prompting techniques but the underlying AI model themselves, and the frameworks built on top of them feels like warp speeds sometimes.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, the pace of innovation is just staggering. If we take a brief history of text generation models, the big leap was the transformer architecture back around twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Right, that changed everything.
Speaker 2: It really did allowed models to connect words across long distances in text, boosting comprehension and efficiency. Then you had open ais GPT series, GPT two, GPT three, three point five Turbo, Chat GPT now GPT four really pushing things into the public eye.
Speaker 1: GPT three point five Turbo and chat GPT made it accessible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three point five Turbo, especially with Microsoft's investment, brought better efficiency and lower costs, made lllms practical for more people. And Chat GPT fine Tune for conversation just exploded fastest going app ever, apparently, and gptwo four GPT four released in twenty twenty four was another step change, excelling at complex stuff, scoring in the ninetieth percentile on the bar exam. It showed AI tackling really high level analytical tasks.
Speaker 1: That's the sort of clo source big company side. What about the open source world that seems to be moving justice fast.
Speaker 2: Totally mis Lama series, Lama, Lama two, Lama three takes a different path by being open source that builds a whole community.
Speaker 1: Around it, democratizing it in a way exactly, and it allows for cool optimizations like quantization and Laura.
Speaker 2: Those are techniques to basically shrink or specialize these huge models so you can run them on like good home computer.
Speaker 1: GPU makes them more accessible. Any other big open source players Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mistral seven B from the French startup mistral ai is getting a lot of buzz too, another really powerful open source option. So right now, GPT four probably leads on raw capability in many areas, but open source like Lama and Mistral are super exciting, especially if you want to find you in a model for a very specific job.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have these powerful models open and closed source, but how do developers actually build applications with them, connect them to data, make them do things. Is there a standard toolkit that's.
Speaker 2: Where frameworks like lang chain come in. It's become hugely popular. Is an open source framework Python and typescript designed specifically for building LM applications?
Speaker 1: Oh, what's its main goal?
Speaker 2: Two core ideas enhancing data awareness, connecting lms to external data they weren't trained on, and agency giving LMS the ability to take actions and influence their environment.
Speaker 1: Okay, data awareness and agency. How does it achieve that?
Speaker 2: Through modular building blocks things like model io for interacting with different models, retrieval for fetching data, chains for sequencing operations, agents for decision making, and tool use memory for remembering past interactions and callbacks for running code at certain points.
Speaker 1: Sounds comprehensive. Does it work with different AI providers?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Supports models from Anthropic, Google's Vertex Ai, OpenAI, and others. Plus it handles practical stuff like streaming, getting words back one by one like chat GPT does, and batching for running multiple requests in parallel.
Speaker 1: What about getting structured data out of the LM's responses reliably.
Speaker 2: That's where laying chain's output parts are key, especially the ones that use identic, which is great for defining Jason structures. They help reliably turn the AI's natural language answer into clean structured data. It essentially lets you build a flexible API on top of the LLM.
Speaker 1: And what about open AI's specific way for models to interact with external systems. Is that different?
Speaker 2: You're probably thinking of open AI function calling. It's their method for letting llms intelligently decide to call external functions.
Speaker 1: How does that work? Exactly?
Speaker 2: LLM analyzes the conversation, figures out it needs to do something specific, like check the weather. It then outputs a structured Jason object saying call a check weather function with location London. Your system runs that function, gets the weather data, feeds it back into the conversation, and the LLM can then summarize it for the user.
Speaker 1: So it tells your code what function to run and with what arguments.
Speaker 2: Very neat, very neat, Very powerful for integrations and for.
Speaker 1: Fine tuning the output on specific tasks, especially new ones.
Speaker 2: That brings us back to fu shot learning. Remember providing examples in the prompt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the ibar fridge example exactly.
Speaker 2: While zero shot relies just on the model's training, few shot gives it those crucial examples right in the prompt. It helps optimize the model's behavior for exactly what you want. It's like giving the AI a mini tutorial for the specific task.
Speaker 1: Does it still matter with models that have huge context windows? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it often still helps Even with large context windows. A few good examples can guide the model to the right answer faster and more reliably, which can actually save you on API costs because you use fewer tokens overall to get the desired results.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is all incredibly powerful, but it raises a big question. How do we get these AI models to work securely and effectively with our data, our company knowledge, our specific documents, and how do we make them remember previous conversations that seems vital for real.
Speaker 2: World use, absolutely vital. This is where connecting llms to your data and managing memory really unlocks their practical potential. Let's talk data connection in VEC databases. Okay, so your organization's data. It comes in all shapes and sizes, right, unstructured stuff like Google docs, web pages, code and structure stuff in SQL. No SQL databases. To let the AI query that unstructured data, the process usually involves loading it into what Lang chain calls documents, then chunking them, breaking them into smaller pieces, and then storing these pieces in a special database called a vector database.
Speaker 1: Vector database Okay, what makes it special?
Speaker 2: It stores data based on meaning using embeddings. Embeddings are numerical representations vectors of text. Models like open aies text embedding ATA zero zero two or open source ones from hugging face turn text into these.
Speaker 1: Vectors, so numbers that represent the meaning exactly.
Speaker 2: Text with similar meanings end up closer together in this high dimensional mathematical space. Think of it like a map of concepts.
Speaker 1: Is creating these embeddings expensive.
Speaker 2: Actually, open ais are pretty cheap. The source mentioned embedding the entire King James Bible would cost something like a dollar sixty cents, and there are good open source options too.
Speaker 1: Okay affordable. So these embeddings go into the vector database.
Speaker 2: Right. Vector databases like FAES which is open source, or hosted ones like pine Cone or Chroma are built to store these vectors and search them based on semantic similarity, finding the vectors and thus the original text chunks that are closest in meaning to your query vector.
Speaker 1: And this whole process helps prevent the AI from just making things up right the hallucinations precisely.
Speaker 2: That leads us to retrieval augmented generation or R. This is the key technique for fighting hallucinations and also getting around those context length limits.
Speaker 1: How does our RAG work in practice?
Speaker 2: It's pretty elegant. A user asks a question, your system first converts that question into an embedding vector. Then it searches your vector database for the text chunks whose embeddings are most similar.
Speaker 1: Finds the relevant bits of your own data.
Speaker 2: Exactly, It retrieves those relevant jumps and literally inserts them into the prompt you sent to the LLM, providing explicit context. Then, crucially, you instruct the LLM to answer the user's question based only on the provided context.
Speaker 1: Ah. So you're forcing it to use your verified information, not just its general training data.
Speaker 2: Precisely, it lets you dynamically pull in specific up to date knowledge, maybe chat history, specific PDS, sections, products, pecs, ensuring the AI's answer is informed, relevant, and grounded in fact.
Speaker 1: That's huge for accuracy. Okay, so gig gives it factual knowledge. What about memory, making it remember past parts of a conversation or user preferences over time.
Speaker 2: That's memory in llms, and it's crucial for making interactions feel natural and personalized. We can think about two types. First, short term memory.
Speaker 1: STM like working memory kind of Yeah, it lets.
Speaker 2: The LLM remember what was said earlier within the same interaction. Think of a support chatbot remembering your initial query when you ask a follow up question minutes later.
Speaker 1: Lane chain makes adding STM pretty straightforward.
Speaker 2: Okay, remembers the current chop. What about remembering things across different sessions days or weeks later.
Speaker 1: That's long term memory LTM, and this is usually achieved by storing summaries of past conversations or key pieces of information in a vector database. When the user starts a new session, you retrieve relevant past interactions or preferences using similarity search and add that as context to the prompt, so it.
Speaker 2: Can remember my book preferences from last month when I ask for new recommendation exactly.
Speaker 1: That it allows for truly personalized, context aware interactions over time. This is where it starts to feel really intelligent, capable of complex tasks, which brings us to AI agents. What if the AI could not just think or retrieve info, but actually do things, take actions exactly.
Speaker 2: We're now in the realm of agent based architecture. The AI acts, perceives, makes decisions to achieve goals. A key technique enabling this is chain of thought ski B reasoning.
Speaker 1: We touched on that, making the AI think step by step right.
Speaker 2: Instead of just asking for a say a marketing plan. You prompt the AI to first think through the steps. First consider the target audience, Second, analyze the budget constraints, third research competitor products. Then outline the.
Speaker 1: Plan breaking down the problem. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It forces a more structured reasoning process, leading to much more relevant and well thought out responses than just asking for the final answer directly. It's like making it show its work.
Speaker 1: Okay, so copey improves reasoning. How does that connect to taking actual actions?
Speaker 2: That leads directly to the reason and act REACT framework. This explicitly combines that chain of thought reasoning with the ability to take actions using tools.
Speaker 1: Okay, reason and act. How does that loop work?
Speaker 2: It's a cycle. One thought. The LM internally reasons about what it needs to do. Next. Two action, It decides which tool it needs to use, like a search engine or a calculator, and formulates the input for that tool. Three observation. It receives the result from the tool. This thought, action observation continues until it reaches the final answer or completes its task.
Speaker 1: So it can decide, I need to search the web for this. Run the search tools, see the results, then think about the next step based on those results.
Speaker 2: Processing. It allows the AI to interact dynamically with its environment to gather information or perform tasks.
Speaker 1: What kind of tools can these agents use? Are they pre defined?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're pre defined functions or APIs you may available to the agent. Examples are things like a simple calculator, a Google Search interface, tools to interact with your file system read write files, tools to make HTTP requests like interacting with web APIs, or even things like Twilio to send SMS messages.
Speaker 1: So you equip the agent with the capabilities it needs.
Speaker 2: Exactly and a key tip from the book, give your tools really clear descriptive names and descriptions. It significantly helps the LM choose the right tool for the job. Lang Chain also offers pre built agent toolkits for common scenarios, like a CSV agent that can query data in spreadsheets or a SEQL agent for databases. Saves you building everything from scratch makes sense.
Speaker 1: Are there even more advanced agent designs out there going beyond this React loop?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, we're seeing advanced agent architectures emerge. One example is baby Agi. It's less a single loop and more a system of interacting agents.
Speaker 1: How does babyagi work?
Speaker 2: It has a continuous cycle. It pulls a task from a list, uses an LLM in context, often from a vector dB like Chroma or weaviate, to execute. It saves a result. Then a separate task creation agent figures out new follow up tasks based on the outcome, and another prioritization agent reorders the task list. It's a self perpetuating goal seeking system.
Speaker 1: Wow, like a little automated project manager kind of Another fascinating one is Tree of Thoughts TUT.
Speaker 2: This moves beyond simple linear, step by step.
Speaker 1: Reasoning Tree of thoughts. How's that different?
Speaker 2: It lets the LLM explore multiple potential reasoning paths simultaneously. Like branches on a tree. You can evaluate different paths, backtrack if one isn't working, and explore alternatives, much more like human brainstorming or strategic thinking.
Speaker 1: Does it actually improve performance.
Speaker 2: Significantly on certain types of problems? The example given is the game of twenty four puzzle standard GPS four. With just chain of thought got it right maybe four percent of the time. With Tree of Thoughts exploring different calculation paths, it jumped to seventy four percent success.
Speaker 1: That's a massive difference. Shows the power of exploring multiple options.
Speaker 2: A huge difference really pushes the boundaries of AI problem solving.
Speaker 1: Okay, switching gears a bit, but still on this creative potential image generation For a lot of people. That was the wow moment for AI. It feels like magic, But how do we actually guide that process effectively with prompts?
Speaker 2: It definitely feels like magic, But yeah, prompt engineering is your magic wand here the technology behind most of it is diffusion model.
Speaker 1: Diffusion models right introduced back.
Speaker 2: In twenty fifteen, but they really took off recently. They produced amazing images from text descriptions. You know the big names. Two came out in twenty twenty two, Mid Journey hit the scene July twenty twenty two, and then open source Stable Diffusion landed August twenty twenty two, and Dali three is now baked into chat Gypt.
Speaker 1: How do they actually work?
Speaker 2: In simple terms, They're trained on billions of image caption pairs. They learn the connection between words and visuals. The process starts with random noise like TV static, and they gradually denois it step by step, guiding it towards an image that matches your text prompt. They navigate this huge latent space. Think of it as a vast map of all possible images to find the spot that matches your description.
Speaker 1: Fascinating What are the sort of vibes or strengths of those main models? Dowly, mid Journey, Stable Diffusion.
Speaker 2: Well Della got famous for its artistic flexibility, though early versions sometimes struggled with like hands and eyes, mid Journey built a huge following, especially on Discord, known for its distinct esthetic, often fantasy sci fi, very polished photorealistic styles. Stable Diffusion really shook things up by being open source. Want it yourself right, Yeah, run around your own computer if you have a decent graphics card. That open nature led to super fast development, tons of community add ons in advanced features like control Net. It's generally seen as the most fleshxible and extendable one.
Speaker 1: So how do our basic prompting principles direction format examples apply to making images?
Speaker 2: They apply surprisingly well. First format modifiers, Just like specifying JSON for text, you specify the visual style an oil painting of a business meeting versus an ancient Egyptian hieroglyph of a business meeting. Change in the whole look completely. Just be aware sometimes the style brings baggage from the training data like oil paintings often appearing with digital frames around them unless you negate that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what about specific artists.
Speaker 2: Yep art style modifiers. You can ask for the style of Van Go Dolly, Picasso, specific art movements. Mid Journey even has a described command where you upload an image and it suggests prompts that might create something similar. Great for learning cool.
Speaker 1: Are there quick tricks to just make the images look better higher quality?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Quality boosters simple words like four K, highly detailed masterpiece trending on art station. Adding these often bumps up the quality without drastically changing the content or style.
Speaker 1: Easy wins. And what about telling it what not to include?
Speaker 2: Crucial? That's negative prompts You specify what you don't want, like for that oil painting, you might add no frame border signature, or if you want a realistic Homer Simpson, you'd add no cartoon animation. It helps untangle concepts the AI might merge and fixes common glitches like mangled hands.
Speaker 1: Very useful. Can you emphasize certain parts of the prompt?
Speaker 2: Yes, using weighted terms. Different models have different syntax, but often you use parentheses, maybe within a number like hyropol one point five to boost its importance or square brackets hat in some systems to deemphasize something gives you finer control.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if you have an image you like and want something similar.
Speaker 2: That's prompting with an image often called MG two img. You provide a starting image as guidance the AI tries to capture its vibe, composition, or style. It's like a one shot visual example for.
Speaker 1: The AI need. What about editing images the AI creates or keeping care aracters consistent across multiple images. That seems hard.
Speaker 2: It is tricky, but there are tools. In painting lets you mask off a specific area of an image and then prompt the AI to regenerate just that area, like changing someone's shirt color or adding.
Speaker 1: An object to targeted changes exactly.
Speaker 2: And outpainting does the opposite. It extends the image beyond its original borders, generating new content that fits. People often use a combination of in painting and outpainting to try and maintain consistent characters across a series of images. Tweaking faces or outfits as needed.
Speaker 1: Still sounds a bit manual. Are there more advanced ways to control the composition or pose?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, this is where control net comes in especially for stable diffusion. It's a game changer. It lets you provide an input image purely for structural guidance, things like canny edge maps, depth maps, human post skeletons from open pos, segmentation maps, even just rough.
Speaker 1: Scribbles so you could sketch a layout and control NET makes the AI follow that structure precisely.
Speaker 2: It gives artist's incredible control over the final composition while letting the AI handle the rendering in details. It bridges the gap between human intent and AI generation. Another helpful tool is the segment Anything Model SAM from Meta AI. It's amazing at precisely identifying and masking objects or people in an image, which is super useful for targeted in painting.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's real control. What about teaching the AI about my specific product, or my face or my company style stuff it wasn't trained on.
Speaker 2: That's personalization and the main technique there is green booth fine tuning. You teach the diffusion model a new concept by showing it just a few images of that thing, your product, your pet, whatever. It creates a new custom model file that understands that specific concept.
Speaker 1: So I can generate images of my dog in ben Go's style.
Speaker 2: Exactly that kind of thing, and tying this all together. There's meta prompting for images.
Speaker 1: Using one AI to write the prompt for another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could ask chat GPT rate me a detailed bid journey prompt for a photorealistic image of a few uturistic city scape at sunset. It often crafts a much better, more detailed prompt than a non expert might write themselves, divides the labor effectively.
Speaker 1: Clever and how what was that last really intriguing concept meme?
Speaker 2: Something meme unbundling and mapping. This is more advanced conceptual stuff. Instead of just copying an artists like in the style of Van Go, you try to decompose that style into its core components, the memes, meaning the recurring visual elements color palettes, breashtrobe types, compositional tricks.
Speaker 1: Break down the style into its ingredients exactly.
Speaker 2: Then you can remix those ingredients, maybe combining elements from different styles to create something new and original. Meme mapping is about the community, aspect sharing, analysis, learning from successful prompts, figuring out together what makes certain styles visually appealing. It's about deconstructing and reconstructing visual language.
Speaker 1: Fascinating Okay, you've walked us through an incredible range of techniques, from basic text prompts to complex agents and highly controlled image generation. How does this all come together? Can you give us a practical example of building something real with these techniques.
Speaker 2: Sure, Let's imagine building an end to end AI blog writing system. This would integrate many things we've discussed.
Speaker 1: Okay, an automated blog writer. How would it start?
Speaker 2: First? Topic research? It could use a tool maybe integrated via lang chain like Google search results, to scrape top Google hits for the chosen topic. Process that info to get a baseline understanding.
Speaker 1: So grounded in actual search data. Smart.
Speaker 2: Then to make the content unique, it could simulate an expert interview. You'd use role prompting to have one LLLM act as an expert on the topic. Another LLM interview it generating unique insights and quotes you wouldn't find just by scraping the web.
Speaker 1: Adding original perspective. Nice. What's next?
Speaker 2: Outline generation? The system would prompt an LLM to create a detailed, structured outline, maybe in Jason or nested list format, based on the research in the interview.
Speaker 1: Okay, structure first, then the writing.
Speaker 2: Right, text generation It would go section by section through the outline, feeding the LLM the relevant research chunks and interview snippets as context for each part, with strict instructions not to plagiarize. This relies heavily on good chunking and contextual prompting makes sense.
Speaker 1: What about images for the blog.
Speaker 2: Post image generation? For each post, it could generate a custom image. This could be a two step process using meta prompting. First, have an LM generate a really good descriptive image prompt based on the section's content.
Speaker 1: The AI writes the image prop exactly.
Speaker 2: Then feed that prompt to an image model like stable Diffusion XL. You could even specify a consistent style like corporate Memphis for all images across the blog fully automated visuals Wow.
Speaker 1: Any optimization after the content is.
Speaker 2: Written definitely title optimization. Use an LLM to generate or refine the title for better SEO and clickser rates, and crucially rewriting for.
Speaker 1: Style matching a specific brand voice precisely.
Speaker 2: The system could take generated draft and rewrite it to match a defined style like informative and analytical with practical actionable advice. This could be tricky, often needing a powerful model like GPT four and careful prompt tuning, maybe ab testing against human examples.
Speaker 1: Seems like that style part could be the.
Speaker 2: Hardest often is. And finally, for getting it out there quickly user interface, you wouldn't need a complex web app right away. You could build a simple prototype using Python libraries like radio or streamlet, just to get it working and gather early feedback.
Speaker 1: So a full workflow from research to style, texts and images all orchestrated using these AI techniques. That's impressive.
Speaker 2: It really shows how these components are agents, prompting techniques, structured data generation can stack together to build something powerful.
Speaker 1: Wow. That was an incredible journey. Seriously, from the absolute basics of a good prompt all the way to building automated systems and creating custom art. You've given us a proper deep dive into what's actually possible right now.
Speaker 2: It's amazing to see how it all connects, isn't it. Specifying formats, using vector databases, for memory, agents, taking actions, fine tuning models, They're all pieces of this bigger puzzle for creating reliable and frankly intelligent AI applications. Things that felt like science fiction just a couple of years back.
Speaker 1: So for everyone listening, what's the big takeaway? What does this mean for you? I think it means that interacting with AI isn't just about typing a quick query anymore. It's about realizing you have the controls exactly.
Speaker 2: You have the power to direct these models, to refine their output, even to teach them new things, to get incredibly specific, high quality results that are personalized to your needs.
Speaker 1: You move from being just a user to being more like a director or a collaborator with the AI.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to put it. Yeah, the challenge now really is to take these ideas and experiment. Think about your own work, your own creative projects. How could combining some of these techniques maybe RAG with your company's data, or an agent to automate a tedious task, or finally too image generation. How could that solve your unique problems?
Speaker 1: Where could you apply this power to transform how you work or unlock something totally new?
Speaker 2: That's the question to ponder.
Speaker 1: That really is a great thought to leave everyone with. This Deep dive has given us a fantastic practical toolkit. Thanks so much for walking us through it.
Speaker 2: My pleasure. It's an exciting field.
Speaker 1: And thanks to you for joining us on the deep dive. We genuinely hope this empowers you to go out and become a master of your own AI craft.