Speaker 1: Disney is bringing a little bit of its signature magic off Main Street and into the California desert in Rancho Mirage, a place where Walt Disney himself wants vacationed. The company is about to open the gates to Kotino, its first ever master planned community. We're talking multimillion dollar homes, a private waterfront paradise, world class shopping, dining, and even a secret clubhouse inspired by the Incredibles. And right now we're diving into anything you need to know about Disney's bold new venture into real estate and how it's shaping the future of storytelling where you live. Some of the first homeowners in this community have already received their keys and are about to move in. Joining me now is Yolanda Caid, Vice President of Communications for Disney's Signature Experiences.
Speaker 2: So let's just jump right in. I have the pleasure a few weeks ago of heading out to the desert and seeing firsthand Cotino. Tell me a little bit about this property. If someone who has not heard of this before, what can they expect.
Speaker 3: When they so. Katino, which is the very first story living by Disney community, is really just a very special place, and there are a lot of reasons for that. One of that really starts with a concept behind the community, and we're often asked, you know what makes a different unique and special. I'll start with Walt Disney World Imagineering. Many people are familiar with the great work that they do in our parts and our attractions, but they really brought their talents to bear here because they were really inspired by all of the natural beauty and the magic that you find in the Coachella Valley. I'm sure you saw that when you were there. I was just there recently myself at the community, and it's just a special place already. But when we think about what it really meant to Walt himself, what many people don't know is that Walt Disney actually found a lot of inspiration and that this was a place of rejuvenation for him. In fact, he and his wife they had a home in the area for many years, so we thought it was a perfect place for the very first story living you know, by Disney communities. So it's really apropos that we're there now.
Speaker 2: When people hear about a living community designed by Disney imagineers, I think what comes to mind is maybe you're going to see mouse ears everywhere, lots of touches of Disney, but this didn't feel like that. Like there were definitely some you know, nods to Disney, but it's not like a theme part.
Speaker 3: You know. One of the great things, as you said about our Walt Disney imagineers, is that they are known for bringing creativity and inspiration and so we've brought the best of that here to bear. But this is not a theme part, but it brings the very best that Disney is known for, quality service and right we're really bringing this community to life through you know, the amenities that we're offering, but our residents are really going to enjoy just an incredible lifestyle. You know, they'll be able to choose. For example, as I talk about the amenities, one of the things that makes it special is a volunteery on site club which to call the artists and club, and that's where they'll be able to really explore, you know, their their passions. And there'll be a lot of Disney touches and fused there with our Disney service. But most importantly, you know, it will be operated you know by our Disney you know cast members, which will be offering a number of things. So if you can think about having you know, a monthly speaker series where you can hear everything from Disney experts or storytellers, you know, food and wine events.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: With this the backdrop of Patino Bay, which I'm sure you saw when you were there as little heather and the stunning mountains, it's simply going to be spectacular. Now, when you think about a great Disney story, there's one I will call out, and you probably had a chance to see the par House that is coming to life there. That's going to be a multi purpose event venue available for overnight stays and for special events. Now, the design, if it's familiar, is inspired by the par Family's house from Disney and Pixar's Incredibles too, so that may ring a bell for people. So the Pixar artists actually found their original inspiration for the family's home right there in coll In Coachella Valley. So you know, it was only fitting for us to build a powerhouse here. So our imagineers then in turn work with the Pixar artists and they were able to design some really creative you know concepts, you know, inspired by the film and incorporated that into the homes detail. The you know, the details of the home. So a very special place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is. It looks really cool. And one of the things that was interesting too is that this is in many ways a standard housing development. People can go in, they can pick their floor plan, the type of house that they want to build it, and then customize you know, the features and and you know, maybe they work with an imagineer to pick out certain types of tapestries and you know, those sorts of things. What are some of the phases that are going to be rolling out in the next few months are next few years? Rather, I understand there's going to be a big shopping center like a town center.
Speaker 3: Area next year. We're looking forward to the opening of Coatino Town Center. It will be open to the public, so again it's going to provide you know, just a nice amenity there in the community. So that town center is actually going to be offer a mix of shopping. They'll be dining with local and national brands. Will also be an open air artists market, along with public access to Katino Bay for a fee. So this will, uh, you know, really be a central piece of the community and from a resident standpoint, you know, I was saying earlier how you think of having everything within your community. You know, you can walk, ride your bike, drive, or just drive your golf cart over to the Katino Town Center. You can shop, you can have dinner in the community or at the town center. So again, lots of offerings. And I have to tell you, I'm really excited to share with you that our first residents officially have their keys, uh, and they'll be moving in soon. So this fall, we're excited, you know, for the opening of an artisan club. You know that includes the parkhouse that we just talked about. My club members will be able to also enjoy Katino Bay and you know, all the amazing amenities. So again, lots of excitement, and you know, we can't wait for our residence in the community to experience it.
Speaker 2: You know, when I was telling people here sort of about this community, they had one big question, if you buy a house in Katino, does it come with free Disneyland tickets?
Speaker 3: Well, if I will tell you if if we have a conversation and we're not asked that every single time, I'm telling you all, I would be surprised. And it's a natural question. And so you know, there are lots of amenities and lots of ways that we're going to be bringing as the experiences to life, But no, right now, that is not a part of the plan. You know, a home that comes equipped with tickets. In this case, you know, the park is just you know, a short drive away. But we're excited, you know, to provide a special place and a special community that they can call home.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it sounds like a magical place and I cannot wait to go back and see how it's all come together over the next few years. So, Yolanda, thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: To find out more information, you can visit story Living by Disney dot com or head to our website k if I am six forty dot com. I'm Motherbrooker. Thanks for listening, and you can listen anywhere, anytime on the iHeartRadio app.