Speaker 1: Hello and happy Friday. Welcome back to the nonprofits. So somehow I have never heard of dominionism. I've heard of dominion the board game pretty good, but not dominionism. Well, do you want more religion in your government? How about more Christianity specifically in every aspect of your life? The Seven Mountains Mandate is a dominionist movement within Evangelical Christianity. They say they want to take back the seven cultural spheres of society. It is to me startling when the agenda is literally to dominate every part of society and your life. Wait, hold on, wasn't that exactly what they said sharia law was going to be. This story is from a Snarky Faith by Stuart Delany on August sixth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as as I said, very brief history of me, I have never been a feist. So sometimes things I learned about things that I than, I am confused by them. And I have never heard of dominionism, which I had to go out do some extracurricular reading and discover that it is effectively a far right movement of literally taking over everything in American society. I'm glad that they have a name for it, I guess. And what was then startling to me was that I discovered that that is forty one percent of Evangelical Christians support not just know about, but support the idea of the Seven Mountains mandate, which we'll talk a little bit more about specifically where the seven Mountains are. But I actually just want to cut straight to Chasey Tracy and say, on the face of it, with nothing else going on, what do you think of this absolute broad stroke? Thoughts will dig deeper, It's fascism, all right? Cool? And how why? Because because okay, let me, let me, let me attempt to steal men them and actually be charitable. Is it not the case that pretty much every group out there wants to spread their own ideology? Why? Why is this fascint fascism?
Speaker 3: So it is not necessarily the spreading of one's own ideology that would constitute fascism. If you think you're right, then you should try and spread that idea. Uh, that's just kind of kind of basic, because if you care about other people, you'd want them to also be right. That's not where I would would draw my fascism from from the wanting to spread It's the wanting to take over. It's not let's get it in there. It's not let's make it a bigger presence. It's let's take it over and make it all ours.
Speaker 1: Is it? Is it perhaps the domination?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, sir, it is definitely the domination and the suppression of opposition. Also the nationalism and the authoritarianism.
Speaker 1: I'm just actually, like really happy that they just like they named it right on the nose. It's literally called dominionism, which is domination. I just love this so much, so I wanted to mention pretty quickly what the seven mountains are according to them. So the seven mountains that they want to take back within society are religion, family, education, government, media, arts and entertainment, and business. Two thoughts one arts and entertainment is there's a conjunct there, so I guess there's eight, but they just wanted to be one thing, I'm being snarky, and the other is I'm actually really pleased. This is a really morbid and bittersweet thought. I'm actually really pleased that they exclusively call out arts because I'm in very much a stam related field and I don't get a lot of arts despite being a trained actor. So I'm like, oh, yay, the Christian fascists want to bring back arts. But I do want to know, AJ. So I have heard you on previous shows, and I see your notes here as well. How does the Seven Mountains mandate with the televangelists that have been pushing it since the nineteen seventies, How can this relate to something that's occurring right now with our current administration, with things like Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: It does sound a lot alike, you know, like you said, it's meant to take over all aspects of society, like education and government, media especially, I think especially media is the one that they're focusing on right now, and they aim to do this to bring back Christian values to the phase of the Earth right and facilitate the second Coming of Jesus, because I guess Jesus needed some help coming.
Speaker 3: That was a joke.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Yes, I thought you guys.
Speaker 2: I thought, guys, you will get that.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it's so helpful.
Speaker 2: But anyways, so to me, it seems like Project twenty twenty five was brought to us by the Heritage Foundation, but they cannot put this into motion without some kind of support. So the Seven Mountains Mindage is like the public face that is normalizing the goals of Project twenty twenty five. They're using all of their available avenues to make this question authoritarian reality come true. And the way that they do that is by using the media, TVs, movies, documentaries, music, all of that, pushing all of these Christian values, you know, like of anti abortion and pro life and marriage sanctity and purred the culture and so on and so forth. And this is out at the back of the Horizonation Foundations Project twenty twenty five. To me, it seems very very interconnected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm actually just trying to do a little bit more trying to look into it. And one of the abbreviations the seven months mandate is seven M and apparently attached to them as the seven M films is a quote talent management agency accused of cult like behavior at least tho says Early Bevin from TikTok Star Family says she's going to be held hostage in a dance colt.
Speaker 2: So like, yeah, we talked about that on a past Nonprofitts episode about the seven and seven M TikTok bullshit. They're like, literally keep these young people from reaching out to their families and telling that all these horrible things about their family, so that they don't have any other type of support and the only support that they have is from this dance family. So they're stuck there.
Speaker 1: Have you have either of you ever heard of Steven Haissan's method of defining a cult, which is the byte model. Have you ever heard of that?
Speaker 3: Is that? I don't think is that his? Is it accurate to say that's his?
Speaker 1: Or is that just what he uses? Well, Steven has on developed the Byte model is just really quick catchphrase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be accurate to say with, but.
Speaker 1: It's the one that says behavior, behavioral control, information control, thought control, and emotional control. And at least one thing that he does that I think is really interesting as he tries to say that like not like pretty much every form of group which wants to spread its ideology, as we talked about Tracy will adhere to what will tick certain boxes on this model. So it's more like actually a lot of psychology where it's like cluster symptoms, like do you get enough of them under certain categories? So I don't know if the seven M films people or if the Seven Mountains Mandate is going to do a lot of emotional control that have to dig pretty deep into their actual documentation. But like thought control, information control. They literally say that they want to take over arts and media, and then they have this dance studio that is being accused of cult like behavior. So to what extent, if any, is information control, thought control useful or necessary within fascism? Tracy, Well, you.
Speaker 3: See when you have a fascist Regime's what's really interesting is if you tell everybody what you're doing, then they don't really tend to like be in favor of it, because at the end of the day, you're doing some kind of heinous shit. So it's been long enough, I can say shit, So like the it's been said a lot. A lot of the people in World War two era Europe didn't know about the camps. They knew things were going bad, and they didn't know what was happening in the camps. They knew that there was a camp, but they weren't going in there and figuring out what was going on. You need to be able to hide certain things and lie about certain things, because if you give somebody the entire truth and you explain it to them, well, they're not gonna listen to you and your hateful messaging. That's like it's been said before. I guess, yeah, it's been said before that like religion, if you didn't introduce somebody to religion until they were in their mid twenties, that it would die out within a generation. And that's kind of the same idea here that you need to that you give people information when they're in a vulnerable position that isn't necessarily right, but appeals to them along certain lines. And that is how you gain a fascistic amount of control is through this not honest display of information as well as misinformation. And so yeah, that's some ways. Those are some of the ways. That's the way I answer your question. Ron.
Speaker 1: That actually is really interesting because if you go down, if you go down your line that for fascism to exist in as widespread of a capacity as it would like to, it cannot allow everyone to know what is actually going on. Clearly, many people are going to have to know what's going on the people who are in charge, but most people will not be aware of what's happening. Therefore, it seems like seven m here, who wants to let me scroll up? Take over religion, family, education, government, media, arts, entertainment, and business are kind of in many ways doing the only thing that they can do, which is to take over and control all informedia, all information in media immediately, because you have to get when they're young, otherwise they're going to find out what's going on and they not want to participate.
Speaker 3: Yea, they want to take it all over. They want to reject liberalism and Marxism apparently with its focus on class struggle and internationalism. They want to get rid of liberalism. Like we although we may not call ourselves liberals, we we do share a lot of values with liberals, saying that emphasis on individual rights and democratic form of government and things of that nature. But they would reject that entirely. I mean, you've seen what with what's that what's that show called that YouTube show where they all sit there's like twenty guys all against one guy and it's like, belie, there was that fella who hopped on and just what was like emphatically, yeah, yeah, I guess I don't like democracy. I guess I am a fascist and like he was just he was being applauded, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, reminder, Evangelical Christians support the idea of seven m taking over literally dominating society. So ajay, I wonder to you to what, like like all about this control does that? I don't know what to do with it. You know, it's it is a clear call to action of takeover everything. Have you seen this before, because, like I said, dominionism is new to me.
Speaker 2: It really is. Yeah, it really is all about control. And I'm tired of hearing about all of these plots by religious extremists trying to take over literally everything, like every aspect of our lives. They want to control people's decisions. They want to control their lives, their choices, their bodily autonomy, and to be able to say, you know what, my imaginary friends said, that you have to do this or else, whatever, hell, whatever is more fearful for you. And then suddenly, because it didn't come from them, and it came from their imaginary friend, then you feel like you are forced to follow this invisible leader's demands right when in reality it is their own personal interpretation of the demands of this deity when in the Bible. So I don't get people's willingness to do this, but I was thinking about something you mentioned earlier, you said something about them trying to control people's minds and to get them early, to get people early in life, right, because that's when they're more easily manipulated. And that's exactly what they were doing with that dance club or studio or actually it's not even that. It's like a compound. They have like houses where they house these people. These kids, they're like barely out of high school teenagers that they're targeting. And because they're so young, generally there are kids that have come from unstable families and they don't have that support to go back to their families, and the little families that they do have, this cult turns them against those very few families, and so they have no other resources outside of these compounds. And there's still they have to stay there because that's the roof, that's their payment for their phone bills, that's their car payment or whatever they provide them with transportation, that's the food that they eat. They leave that place and they got nothing now in these place it's kind of like the fancy churches. They give them a super nice house to stay in with their own bedrooms. You know, they have their own phones, et cetera. They get to wear super fancy clothing when they're dancing, they get dance classes. So they feel like they kind of said, but they truly are being fully manipulated into these very very evangelical, fundamental religious beliefs, Ajay.
Speaker 3: Something that I think that like I'd like to add on to what you're saying here is that this is I think a one hundred percent in tensional action here that they're targeting the young people because young people are for an army, like bullets and a gun, it just doesn't work without them. You need young people to fuel an army because the old people can't fight very well and numbers, and that's the thing. Young people will have more children than older people will, and so they will fuel the army by giving the your their ideology, which is your ideology you put on them to their children, growing it out larger and giving you more young people. They're trying to build an army, is what they're doing. And it may not be an army for for a physical battle, but it's definitely an army for a takeover. And that's the thing that scares me the most when I see them targeting young people, people younger than me and I'm really young. They're trying to build an army, and they aren't really concerned whether it happens this year or next year. They're investing in young people, and that's the problem that I see my apology. I just wanted to add that to what you were saying about these cultish like behaviors.
Speaker 2: No, that was a weird point. That was a good point, right.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's actually excellent because it made me tangentially think of another thing, which is I said earlier I was not religious, and I did not deconvert, So you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But did you, guys deconvert or you're always non religious?
Speaker 2: I was an atheist growing up surprisingly.
Speaker 3: The same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when I came to the US, I kind of got thrown into the religious deep end. And I think that's very slowly over the next few years, it was like all of these religious ideologists that I've never heard of before, of souls and ghosts and things like that kind of became more normalized. And so by the time I had my first kid has some health problems. My baby has some health problems, and my husband's family was like, Hey, come to church, they will like, heal your baby and all of that, and for me that was like, all right, let's try it. And so that's how I got indoctrinated for quite a few years and then converted for the same reason because my kid didn't get healed and was suffering a lot, and I was like, there's no kind of God that would do that to a child.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you want to answer, Tracy, but the reason why I do, go for it.
Speaker 3: No, Ya want you to talk first, and then I'll answer. You were about to say something.
Speaker 1: Well, it's from the answer, please answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, fine, all right. I was raised in the Catholic Church. I did all the stuff. I did all the little coming of age thingy boppers in the Catholic Church, and then when I was eighteen, I decided to start taking it seriously. And when I started doing that, my life became very miserable because I turned into a person that I hated. And I was happy in my life, I had a good quality of life. I hated me. I thought I was a bad person, not because I thought God thought I was a bad person, but because the way I had to act in order to be in accordance with what I saw as true, I hated, and so you said. Eventually I started looking even deeper into the Bible, and I realized, wait a second, I'm this doesn't make any sense because I wasn't my understanding of religion that I was pulling from to create a person that I didn't like that was based off of Catholic doctrine, not what the book said. And so then I read the book and I was like, wait a second, the book is nonsense. So I just I kind of had to just throw it all away.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason why I ask, and i'm actually you said very specifically based on what's true. The reason why I ask is because I once heard a quippy little thing that says, when somebody tells you about themselves, So somebody tells you what they're like, believe them, because it's really easy for me to go, Okay, why are they doing this? Why do seven m exist such that they want to quite literally dominate society? So how does something like that come to me? Now? I think the naive question would be to say something like, well, do they just want this or do they not really care about what religion? They just wish that it is religious. Why does it have to be theirs? And no, stop it don't do that. They clearly want their religion to be first. Therefore, how do they know they're right? I can't understand it. I've never been exposed to this in this way. But you just said based on what's true, So like they do care about truth, they just think they're right. How does this happen like this?
Speaker 3: So from my perspective, it was true because my mom and dad ad were smart and they wouldn't have made me go through all that crap in church unless it was right for me.
Speaker 1: That was just how well.
Speaker 3: I was like, Yeah, my mom and dad are smart people. My dad has a good job, my mom has a good job, they started businesses. They wouldn't put me through this if it wasn't right. And so that's just that was just kind of what it was.
Speaker 1: I really I really liked the undercutting because I had such a swelling question and then a truthful, honest, juvenile answer. Thank you, Fred, I am here to be undercut. No, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I actually love this sincere answer as well. But AJ, do you have any comments on that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was I was going to comment that I have a different answer to it. And I think that humans are always super scared to be wrong. Okay, so when you told someone that someone outside of humanity said so, it makes it easier for them to think, well, that's true. I can't question that, right, So I don't know. I think that's why we both fear for religious in that way, because scarce to rely on on.
Speaker 3: Their own saying I so you're saying humans are ultimately fallible. So they But I guess where I would just poke a hole in. It's like, yeah, but who told you that?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: The person who told you someone outside of humanity did this was another human.
Speaker 1: So well, no, no, no, I see, I got it. I got it. I got it from the book that was itself divinely written by the person who himself cannot make mistakes.
Speaker 2: Damn, there it is. And they say so probably in the first face this.
Speaker 1: He said so. He just said he said so through me, I said so through for him. Yeah all right, well, thank you guys,