Speaker 1: Oh hoo, hood He's glorifyingly happy. Right now, this is the best time right now for you to be listening. Let's get weird. This is not how you start the post. I know this is how. Just start the podcast. Please start the podcast. It's about to get weird. Be prepared for it to get weird.
Speaker 2: Thinks you're gonna get weird.
Speaker 1: It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get it.
Speaker 2: Where? Where? Get? Where?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric?
Speaker 2: I'm ready listen?
Speaker 1: Gust that too too hard? Seventh Yeah, okay, seventh episode. Let's get weird. I'm Eric, my name is Hodie, and today we're going to talk about the weird things that happened in the universe, in the arenas and the spectrums and everything else in your life and then the Internet and the Hoodie is sorry sorry, I clear my thirat two times. Hoodie's becoming me today and I'm becoming Hoodie today because I think Hoodie's a little but hurt about me. So are we starting twenty twenty five off? This is our first No, this isn't the first one with twenty. It's our second, it's our second. I'm twenty twenty five. There you go, so there we go. It's the second episode of Let's Get Weird twenty twenty five edition. We got little misconnections coming up. Plus we're gonna talk about how our lives have been the last two weeks and a little ramsy and raving.
Speaker 2: Two weeks, last week, a week whatever, hoodie?
Speaker 1: Is it too late in the year already? Just keep saying Happy New Year. I texted to somebody today and I was like, that's a little too late.
Speaker 2: Don't you think I'm playing Boom Boom Beach?
Speaker 1: It is? What game? Do I play? Actually Jeweled? Now old Jeweled anymore? It is called Mobile Control Transformers. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's in game mobile and droll. Huh are you playing this? Or is Max playing this?
Speaker 1: He hasn't played any more video games on my phone. He just watches YouTube. That's all he watches on my phone is YouTube shorts, which are getting a little aggressive. So I got to fix the parent control. The talk's going away. You know, you think it's gonna go away. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a whole like is I think it's gonna be the last minute ploy thing that like all of a sudden, and it's like, so the past two weeks I've had suffer through every TikTok creator being like it was nice knowing you.
Speaker 1: On Instagram any of that stuff. Why do you keep seeing all that?
Speaker 2: I think it's because I follow more creators and you just like you don't follow as many creators.
Speaker 1: I turned off the microphone feature. That's probably why.
Speaker 2: Actually, because my mind's like right now because I'm reading the fourth Wing book, which is that dragon smut book?
Speaker 1: Why did I? Why did I? Why did that?
Speaker 2: The new book is coming out in like two weeks. What what's the It's about dragons? Isn't it like a series? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This is the first book, is the first book? And the third book comes.
Speaker 2: Out white cover, No, it's orange orange goldie cover. I could show you, show me because I feel like I saw someone talk I heard of it, and I was like, what is this about this one? Yeah, you've probably seen it at Target for sure.
Speaker 1: Definitely. So good, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's very interesting because like I haven't really like read read a book.
Speaker 1: In a while. When did you find time to read? Over break Man? Bro?
Speaker 2: I was reading every day during break this book because it's like four hundred pages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four hundred pages. Wait, stop interruption, Did you actually get the actual book or are you using a tablet? And I don't like tablets.
Speaker 2: I can't do tablets because I need I need to have it because I think for some reason, my brain like can interpret it.
Speaker 1: And imagine it more, you know a little bit.
Speaker 2: Ever since break, it's been hard to finish the like back like twenty pages.
Speaker 1: To finish the book. Why.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just because I think during break I dedicated time, Like all right, well, I gotta wait more to take a shower. I don't have a TV at my mom's or like a great am I Morris parents, and I only read this book and kill time. You know. Wow over here, I'm like, I got video games.
Speaker 1: Right, you got a lot of video games, too many Dragon Ball. By the way, I've always wanted to get into reading books, but well, I well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I asked for a lot of books for Christmas, so if I can also be a library for you to you want to read The Hobbit the max I got you.
Speaker 1: Apparently, how Didy know?
Speaker 2: Is the Hobbit is a children's book, like an earlier like a reader a children's reader's book. Yeah, it was, it's a young reader's book. Yeah, for like there, they haven't illustrated one too. Looks cool that you can buy a Barnes and Noble for like twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool. It's got pictures in it. That Barnes and Noble over here is pretty fire. Yeah. They remodeled it so it's the one level Barns Noble now right, but it used to be on this side of the Starbucks was and it's still pretty dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because two levels. I was like, hell, yeah, they put Burlington Coe Factory over there.
Speaker 1: You you haven't been in there. I have been in there. Isn't it a disaster? A disaster scared people. They don't like organize it at all. I was trying to explain to my parents, like a couple of weeks before break about how crazy that place is. It's insane, how disorganized that place is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's just like whoever's managing it or like employ I don't think I think it's understaffed and overperforming because it's in a great location and it's just a lot of a lot and I don't think, and then.
Speaker 1: There's just closed everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think that The cool thing is because I've been reading this book. Uh, it's back to where I was going. We would never this podcast is okay?
Speaker 1: Is it's like it's weird. It popped up. It's all on my TikTok That's what I was talking about, the TikTok band.
Speaker 2: And so all of a sudden, now I'm getting like like, oh, this is what the characters look like and all this stuff, because this is gonna be the next like Hunger Games. It's already it's already gotten like TV adapted rights to prime video. Yeah, so like probably like next year they'll probably actually like go cast or whatever. They're not gonna go straight to movie. They're gonna go TV to movie. I mean it makes sense at this point. I mean, make turn any book into things you got, like four you have there's three books. You got at least three seasons if unless they split it up.
Speaker 1: So fourth four Wings, Fourth Wing.
Speaker 2: The second one is the Iron Flame. The fun thing was I actually got the Iron Flame first because I found a first store. I was like, all right, cool, now I cann ask for the first one for Christmas, and I got both. The new one comes out next week technically, and so now I'm getting all the like this is the editions you need to get Target. Target is throwing a Taylor swift for this book, and it's like this, you can only get this edition of.
Speaker 1: The book if you show up in store when it opens. Is it a hard copy?
Speaker 2: A hard copy that's got like a book like a string for a bookmark, you know, like a stringing bookmark, all that stuff, but you can only get it in store when it opens, where everyone else has this normal edition like damn, and then Bars and Noble's doing book release parties.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I haven't heard of those since Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, I got real into this series, right, the hot hot precipice of it, which is cool.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna go to these things? No, no, this midnight releases and stuff.
Speaker 2: So maybe I have to work, maybe, Like, hey, guys, can I go leave early for work?
Speaker 1: Why I don't want to get this book from Target? Do you think it's going to be that crazy?
Speaker 2: Like the yeah, it is the book like everyone's reading now or like this series or at least for right now.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: But it's like this in the Court of Thorns. It's another series. You've probably seen it like an airport, Like it's just like a blue or red cover.
Speaker 1: No, you probably have seen it, but you trying to acknowledged it.
Speaker 2: But now that I'm like in the bookstore, it's like this book, Nope, it looks like that. Those are like the hot book news because they're like they got some smut in it. There's some sexy scenes in it that it more was like, oh, I want to hear what this book is. Read me sexy scenes and I read it. It's like those are not turn ons at all. I don't know who's reading this it turned on. I love how sex still sells no matter. The interesting thing about this book is like it doesn't like everyone knows that it's like a sex book.
Speaker 1: It's not like sex all the time.
Speaker 2: It's mostly like Harry Potter, but like they're in college, so like they have sex, so they'd be fucking. But like econom on, I just read like I'm just the chapter I just finished, Like they're like he grabbed my ass and like it was a little in depth of stuff that was going on, and I was like yeah, but like when you read that out loud, like we maybe even read in your head it's different, But when you read it out loud, it's not like a turnos and grab my ass and put his fingers down my underwear, Like isn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah like that you can't say like that. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: The funny thing was the first time the car two characters hooked up, Violet and Zayden. I might have might be able to do side podcasts on these books, like people would listen. Zayden is the rebel boy that his father, his family died trying to rebel against the current regime of government. Violent is the daughter of the head colonel. They write dragons. By the way, she's got two dragons. You're only supposed to get one dragon.
Speaker 1: How did she get to exactly? How did she get to dragon? Oh, you gotta read the book.
Speaker 2: She's got a big old giant named Tarn and then a golden baby dragon Ane and Darna. Yeah, but the two characters who make characters hooked up. He was like, and then I saw his cock and I laughed, and more like what you laugh at? I haven't seen it in a book in a while. Like besides, like, I don't think any book actually that's so maybe like Catching the Rye or something like that.
Speaker 1: These books are now become smutty and sex sell.
Speaker 2: And I think that's just like a we're gonna give you a mystical thing like Harry Potter, but make a little mor well.
Speaker 1: Don't you think because of oh my god, what is it called? Those not discords, those dystopian fantasy books, but the novel the people that made their own versions of like fan fix, fan fictions or whatever, those got real smart too. TikTok, I'm in. I'm in all the fan fix now.
Speaker 2: Because they never really because the because you know Harry Potter, like you associate it was Daniel Radcliffe. If you read the books, you imagine Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint and Draco. But they I don't have casting for this. So everyone's like, what are these characters look like based on the books?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And there's a whole thing of like, oh, they're whitewashing the characters, but they haven't really cast the characters.
Speaker 1: We don't know what they look like. That's like what they did when Fifty Shits of Gray came out the first time, everyone was like, well, who's gonna look like? What what guy looks like? This? What does Christian Gray really look like? And people will go crazy by it because they everyone had a different interpretation of what the characters look like. And also they never made any more movies after that, Right, I think that was all of them. Well, because remember there's just one movie. Man, we were really in the books that I well, I just always I don't always start about like reading books, but like like where do I have time? But like last night, I really had nothing to do last night, I could have read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I've done now is if I'm waiting for more to get ready to go somewhere instead of being on TikTok, I want to read. That's my goal because a lot of times I'll get done early, yeah, because I'm a guy. And she'll take a little bit longer than because she always underestimates how much time she needs. Instead of me complaining are you ready, let's go, let me just read and then when she's ready, we're both equal.
Speaker 1: You three books for fifty shade with only one movie? Right?
Speaker 2: Uh No, it's all three book three movies there are yeah, yeah, yeah really yeah, but no one watched I feel like the last one barely anyone watched it film SERI. Yeah, all three got made in a movie twenty eighteen was the last one.
Speaker 1: And see that one? Where can you see these? Probably Netflix feels like Hulu of Gray streaming Peacock Peak. Wait, I have a Peacock subscription. Let's see if they're on there. I mean, Google doesn't lie. If it's on Peacocks, it does lie. There was a movie that I wanted to see that it said it was on something and it wasn't on.
Speaker 2: It to print it, Yeah it does. That was Prime a lot. Yeah, if Peacock that makes sense. You don't have to buy anything separate up.
Speaker 1: No, it was. It was the Hulu subscription thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they gets you with the Hulu one sometimes because you have the Hulu prem or Live TV or.
Speaker 1: Which I still don't know the difference if I'm paying for what is it?
Speaker 2: That's interesting? Well we got into the conundrum. Is Disney Plus finally got me of realizing that my brother and I like, we're sharing it. And so now every time it's like, oh, hey, like if I'm watching Skeleton Crew with this new Star Wars show, John watches it later in the day. Then when I watch it. It logs one of us out and the other person to put in a code to log in every time, and.
Speaker 1: We're like crap.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, let me buy the the extra member for like ten bucks a month. But then it wouldn't give him his same profile. You have to start a new profile, which is whatever. But then I realized, oh, I just texted the password.
Speaker 1: They were good. I'm like, we we just game the system that way. It's fine. That can text my brother once in a while. Oh how cute. All right, So fifty shades are gray, fifty shades dark or fifty shades free or all freed? Are all three on peacock? You know you're watching a night baby? Do we want to have homework and watch all three by next week? It got him eleven percent. Yeah, we want to have homework, watch all three by next week, and we'll talk about Oh god, it's what's her face? Coda Johnson? We know that I forgot is.
Speaker 2: The coda Johnson? She sup that starting about a bad actor. I mean, do we want to have homework? Can you watch all three by next Tuesday?
Speaker 1: I don't have max this weekend? All right? There we go fifty Oh we know what Eric's gonna put on? Hell lady, I can start one of them today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we should I watch them with more or without more?
Speaker 1: That's the question. What's weirder without more? It's the weirder option. Yeah, hey, more? And I was trying to.
Speaker 2: Watch musical movies. Hey, well, let's watch the Fifty Shades movies. Why Eric wants me to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, yeah, all right, homework for next week.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about the Fifty Shdes movies and how they drop the ball real quick. It's because of her acting, right, I think it's their chemistry. It was her And it was a guy, isn't it, Jamie Morning? I think, who is he again?
Speaker 1: Fifty stras a great guy? No, but what else was he in?
Speaker 2: He's been a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, nothing I've seen. Yeah, he's been in a bunch of stuff. Oh. Once upon a time that ABC show. Did you ever watch that? Wasn't it like the All the Sessed Over?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was all the mostly start off as Disney shows that they added more or Disney Princesses and all fairy tales. Then they had a couple more things Willy Nail like Frozen. They had a whole Frozen series or season.
Speaker 1: That's definitely probably on the Disney Plus. Oh h that's definitely on Disney Plus and Hulu. That's long.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of series that I think is like one of the last shows of like old TV really before.
Speaker 1: We got into like super streaming, and like Gray's Anatomy still out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grayce Anatomy, But that's a lot. I'm not telling when you should start Gray's Anatomy because you're gonna have content for like ten years, you know, but like once upon a time, I take it like eight months maybe to get through if you watch the episode day or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I watched This is a Land, Man. I caught up in one night, seven episodes, and I finished the series or finished season one last night. Good season. Tyler Sheridan, you're a dick, but man, you make some good stuff.
Speaker 2: Not Ty Sheridan, which someone else also got confused that you thought you were referencing Ty Sheridan.
Speaker 1: Who did Yoder?
Speaker 2: Yoder thought you were referencing the Cyclops guy that I thought you were referencing. Who's the Cyclops guy, the young guy that was in Ready Player one, the main guy. Ah, that's Tye, that's ty Sheridan. But you're saying what you're saying Tyler Sheridan, who was the creator of Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: In Yellowstone, Tula, do you watch Yellowstone? No? I don't. I don't watch Yellowstone. That's something I'm like, do I want to watch that? I don't watch yellow Shiptok, Pops. I was like, yeah, Yellowstone doesn't seem fun to me at all because I just don't like the cast. And I'm not Kevin Cosher is an iconic actor. I just entertained by him.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, cool, but like I'm not gripped by your drama or laughing with you.
Speaker 1: No, he's great in field. Have watched Field of Dreams last year, and I love that movie. I forgot how good that great?
Speaker 2: I think Angels in the Outfield we watched that with Max. It doesn't hold up really cgi That's why I watched Major League or just talking about baseball movies. Now, I watched Major League like a while ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't hold up, buddy, that does not hold up till the end of the damn movie. No, he becomes weld thing halfway. Yeah, but he doesn't get like the dang is it till the end the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's how they got the second one came out and the second one, the third one is pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Back to the minors. A direct to DVD. Oh, that was a definitely directed VHS one. That's before streaming. What There was a time, There was a time. There's a time upon when Toys r Us rained free everywhere and you could buy videos that the Toys r Us and we would have major we actually Toys Us didn't have radar movies didn't sell them. Yeah, it makes sense. Why would they sell rated what do they sell PG thirteen Maybe?
Speaker 2: I think we had a couple, We had a couple of The Locked Away or something like that, not the counterway, but it wasn't as off.
Speaker 1: It was PG and G mostly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the nineties and two thousands, most kids movies were P, G and G.
Speaker 1: Now they're the Einstein's, the Irons, Baby Baby Einstein movies. Baby Geniuses. You mean no Baby seen Baby Geniuses. No, it's Baby's Baby Geniuses. It's the movie where it's babies and they're like spies. But they do. Essentially this is a peak like you probably were out of the rust.
Speaker 2: Is that they had not they had adults voicing the kids, but the baby's mouse wouldn't minic comes, so they'd be like off mag the the.
Speaker 1: Time Kathleen turned. When Christopher Lloyd to be in this movie pro this is like, wow, Kim Contrel's he's probably she's still hot, yeah, Kim Control Yeah. So okay, So if you ever finished that Four Wings book, I'll lend it to you. Don't read it to Max. I'll try reading it. I'm reading it because.
Speaker 2: I got the Iron Flame one, so I'm good for that. I could read that, and then the next one comes out in a week, so maybe I can get the nice special edition.
Speaker 1: So should just go to the library and rent it? You could library? Oh yeah, I can go.
Speaker 2: It's probably it's probably a demand now because the new book coming out.
Speaker 1: But mm hmm do they have one copy of the library. Sometimes they have to.
Speaker 2: It just depends what the book is, you know, like they'll have like four maybe of like a Harry Potter but only got one of Like.
Speaker 1: That smut still sells more than anything.
Speaker 2: People want to be they just want to I'll bring it in tomorrow and show you. But like it's definitely like, oh we want it's game of this book was definitely like everyone loves hunger games, I love Game of Thrones. Let's combine them and old dragons are in Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what was the hrder game was one hundreds?
Speaker 2: The main female character who like try umphs overall and it's a very typical book type of thing, you know, and media thing, which is okay, totally okay.
Speaker 1: The main character has to do that. Of course, look at us. Let's get what we're trying to make educated, educating you and my fourth wing. You know it might turn you on. But when the dragons come, oh, they come out? Do you finish that sentence? What's that hearing that this this stuff tarn or tarn on the dragon?
Speaker 2: No, it's this is where we read actual misconnations from Washington d C.
Speaker 1: Dot come slash am, I asked Jesus Christ, taking a little too far there, I'm the inappropriate one, not you, sir, dot com slash m. I what you said? Did I say the other words?
Speaker 2: You said the other word smile on the brain. You know, the brain is the title smugging on the brain.
Speaker 1: So usually see who's you're.
Speaker 2: DC, Maryland or Virginia. Actually, let me type in fourth wing. Is that gonna pop up in here?
Speaker 1: Nope? Okay, all right, let me type Harry Potter. Maybe that's a and uh.
Speaker 2: Now we've been kind of doing them random rough shot to see are these the ones actually good or not?
Speaker 1: And a lot of times we've seen a lot of the same. They just repost them. Dude, go to this one right here. We're driving driving on sixty six in the jeep this morning. I was ten minutes twenty minutes ago. You were driving a jeep on sixty six minutes this morning, NASA Centerral Fairfax. You were driving in. We looked at each other and it seemed like you were interested. I'm a white male and you were a white female. Figured I would take a shot and see if you you can connect. You have a nose ring and look very pretty. Love to chat. I hope to hear from you.
Speaker 2: So I saw you from the shoulders up because we were driving in the car.
Speaker 1: But doing the Rockville what you picked? My bad, My bad, I'm I'm trying to pick Where are you? I seen you a few times.
Speaker 2: I'm dark, petite, I'm in my window searchen for you.
Speaker 1: Did somebody really do very.
Speaker 2: I see you passing by I get hear you male for females only.
Speaker 1: Think you're taking seriously that's funny. I love that the eggplant emoji. Does that mean that they want to say? We want? All right? Eric? Now do delivery Guy Rockville thirty minutes ago. Uh, you had sports attyre on when dropping off my other Sunday afternoon. Offered it to help you bring them in. You're going to watch your team later that day. Don't know if you're wearing, if you were being extra nice, or if there was something there which sports team? So I know it's you.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, all rights, real quick, refresh, refreshed. I am gonna go. Lender, dark skinned woman in the library. Oh wow, all right you slender female, a bit bookish looking in a very attractive way. Me tall, lean, fidd old or white bearded, professional looking male. He's got a beard, though our eyes met several times when you dropped your papers, I came over to help you pick them up. In response to my comment that the book you had with you was on a rather uncommon subject, you said you like to read unusual books, but far it made it hard to find people who read the same ones that you could talk to them about with. I asked why that Perhaps what you really want is to talk about the ideas of the books you read in thoughts and questions of those ideas raising your mind, rather than the specific book themselves, in which case you should look for people who were interested in discuss, my god, those sorts of ideas, who had read different books. There's one sentence and different experiences as different perspectives make for much more stimulating conversations.
Speaker 1: You said that made sense. It was something that you.
Speaker 2: Would think about if you're that woman or similar one who can relate, who can run out and would like to discuss thoughts and ideas. I hope you'll get in contact now. Nah, that's a lot. I thought this was gonna go. You guys, you wanted to hook up. Now you just want to talk.
Speaker 1: Nope. Oh we met at AutoZone up up, up right there. I'm looking to reconnect with the guy I met an AutoZone off Route three oh one. We discussed me fixing your bottom fog lights bottom. I'm a light skinned Latino guy dressed in a black sweatsuit. I miss, I misplaced your name and your number. Please respond if you see this, thank you tell me that lets you know love Hoody. We can be we can be central, we can be heroes. We can be here.
Speaker 2: Assembly required mmmmm. I'm very handy, mechanically inclined. You a damnzil in distress. I'm able to assist and provide an extra hand with things around the house and ongoing projects and very detail oriented. Take my time to do the job right right. My lines are always level and straight. Not looking for work, just love helping a damsel in distress. Friends for fun, daytime or evening projects together.
Speaker 1: Message me, no project is.
Speaker 2: Two small mmmm and you get one last one, Eric, you go to the top.
Speaker 1: Go back up to the top. Dark would love here, okay, serious replies, only mail here and had a friend for over two years, but we moved away. Seeking someone that loves working with dark wood tool weekly like some chestnut or mahogany mahogany tool. Yes, all right, all right, here we go, there you go. And that's that's the freakiness of the week. Our homework for this week, Eric, watch all three fifty shades movies will air get done it one night, probably probably a night when he goes home. Guys.
Speaker 2: Uh So, Hoodie challenged me to watch fifty Shades Gray, and I said, ooh me like you.
Speaker 1: It's like when you guys got mad at me when I watched all the Twilight movies over again. It's like, man, I gave you stuff to talk about. Hm. Some of my life isn't that interesting.
Speaker 2: Mhm, especially when Max isn't in it. You know, yeah, it's more interesting wood maxes. It is more interesting with seven thousand dollars of the V bucks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, seven thousand V bucks Jesus.
Speaker 2: Which equate to about you know what, I gotta start downloading dag uh.
Speaker 1: But you can follow Eric at mister Eric V. That's m r E r Icy k Beat.
Speaker 2: You can follow me at Andrew Hoodie that's with the Why.
Speaker 1: But as always, half a great week. Always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy.
Speaker 2: It got weird, didn't it. Yeah,