Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the great American of course, the issue of transgender rights and women's rights, etc. After the Olympics we had some of the fall to all fallout from that. There were two identified x Y male boxers identifying as women who beat the crap out of the female boxers and won the gold medals. And the topic has been shortainly addressed to force leave by Kardansky, the author of the Reckoning How the Democrats and the Left Betrayed Women and Girls and also the book The Abolition of Sex, How the transgender agenda harms women and girls and Kara Dansky. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show and care. First of all, a year or two ago I can recall all the celebrations about fifty years of Title nine. And if somebody would have told those who put together Title nine some fifty some years ago that this thing would be morphed and of what it is today, would they have been shocked or assist this the abolition of rights? Give me your perspective of what's happening was transgender rights, especially with men playing women's sports in the locker room and blurning the lines between male and female.
Speaker 2: It's such an important question. Thank you for having me on. Yeah. Title nine was enacted in nineteen seventy two. Fast forward fifty years, and the Biden administration in June of twenty twenty two proposed a complete rewrite of Title nines, implementing regulations. Specifically, what that rewrite would do is redefine the word sex to include the amorphist and sexist and nebulous concept of gender identity. And that final rule. I'm sorry that proposed rule became final in April of this year, and a lot of people are battling it out in the courts, and I can talk to you a lot about that. I do want to make very clear though, Yes, the titles of my book are exactly as you read them. My books exactly as you read them. I'm a lifelong Democrat, and that's part of what makes me a little bit unique in many of your listeners may not realize it. There are rank and file Democrats all over this country who are completely set up with what party leadership is doing on this topic. But there's no reason your listeners would have any reason to know that, because most media outlets will not platform those of us who are speaking out against gender identity. From the political left, So thank you in particular for having me on for that reason.
Speaker 1: And of course, gender identity is a fluid concept. I guess I could identify as a different gender, and there might be as many as one hundred and five or nineteen different genders, and it's self identification. I can identify as a left hander and play golf, but I guess I can identify as a female and take advantage of that. And I would think this is an issue that moms and dads and grandparents and granddads and grandmothers care about. Just a few days ago, a week or so ago, the US Supreme Court and a five to four decision temporarily and only temporarily, kept the status quo, which is to hold act for the time being. What's going to happen with Title nine being redefined? And ultimately it'll be ferreted out and clear away maybe sometime next year. But the issue of how gender identity? Can you tell me? Why? Why we're here? Because I'm a conservative Republican slash libertarian. I tend to vote Republican, but I vote for Democrats too. You're a self identified Democrat, and I would assume somewhat liberal but why don't more mothers and daughters and anties look at this issue and say, what does this mean? If a man can become a woman or vice versa, what does it mean for a gender identity? And also sex discrimination, which I guess doesn't exist anymore because if one's gender is amorphous, it goes back and forth, then there is no difference in the sexes. And I'd love title nine. I think it's a great idea. I'm glad it worked out. Why aren't more people grasping on the issue?
Speaker 2: Do you think? Right? So? I just want to with you. Gender identity is a ridiculous concept. It's just an absolutely ridiculous concept that has no grounding in reality. If a person wants to have a gender identity, I suppose they can, but that doesn't make the person not either female or male. Every single one of us, all eight billion of us, are all either female or male. So I just wanted to get that out there. Why don't more speak out? You know, it's interesting a lot of people on the left still don't understand what's going on. That's changing. People are getting educated. You mentioned in the Olympics that was a pivotal, pivotal moment. But I can tell you that I personally know a woman who is a Democrat whose daughter was competing in the Ivy League in twenty twenty two and had to compete against Leah or Will Thomas in the NCAA swimming finals in the women's category. That was her first exposure to this issue. She first learned about it in late twenty twenty one, and she educated about herself about it, and then she turned around in twenty twenty two and started a new organization called the Independent Council on Women's precisely for this reason, for moms and dads to get involved in protecting single sex sports for women and girls. A lot of people still don't know, and a lot of people are still scared. Unfortunately. I just want to say, for any listeners out there who are still scared to speak out about this, you can just say right out loud that a woman is an adult human female. People will be mad at you, people will yell at you. You might get canceled. I've been canceled. I've been yelled at by friends and family members. That's okay. It's perfectly fine just to say the truth right out loud.
Speaker 1: So as we're formed in the womb. We get X and X or X and y, and that's it. There's no x y X or x Y or y y X. It's one or the other, and that's it.
Speaker 2: When I hear that, let let me jump in on this just for a second. It's slightly more complicated than that, and this is where the issue with what happened in the Olympics gets a little confusing. So generally speaking, you are absolutely right. I understand from doctors. I've spoken with developmental biologists evolutionary biologists, so the vast majority of the time, every single fetus is either xx or XY. However, it is true that there is a tiny sliver of the population who have differences of sexual development, which means that they have a slightly different chromosomal makeup other than xx or XY. That is approximately point zero two percent of the population. That's a legitimate medical condition. Those people who have that condition have really serious medical conditions and problems that they have to work out with their families and their doctors. That's a real thing and that needs to be addressed medically. But that has nothing to do with quote unquote gender identity or quote unquote trans.
Speaker 1: Let's play this out, say ten or fifteen years. So now let's say the US Supreme Court somehow expands Title nines definition to include identity as opposed to sex orientation, whatever it might be. The Supreme Court says, oh, okay, we buy the liberal democratic argument and five or ten or fifteen years that one can self identify as a different gender than what appears to be. Tell me the world, say in twenty thirty five, twenty forty, when some little three or four year old girl wants privacy in her high school locker room, or she wants to play sports getting the Olympics, so she wants to go on the LPGA tour and she can't because of males hitting the ball fifty yards farther. Can you play out, Karadansky, What happens if this goes the liberal democratic Kamala Harris way and Kamala Harrison and her type wins the argument? What does America look like in twenty thirty five?
Speaker 2: So if that happens, women and girls will have lost everything we have bought since you know, for centuries to game, we fought for the right to vote, and you know at the time that we had to fight for the right to vote everybody knew what a woman was, everybody knew who was excluded from the franchise, nobody was confused about what the words mail moment when women weren't allowed to vote. And you know, by the way, I have made very close common cause with a lot of conservative Republican women who understand that if they have the right to vote for Republicans, they have first wave feminists to think to thank for that. And I'm very grateful to the conservative Republican women that I have had the great pleasure to work with over the years and protecting women and girls as a sex class. But the other thing is that in the nineteen sixties and seventies, and many of your listeners may disagree with this, but feminists made huge gains for women and girls. So, for example, we set up domestic violent shelters so that women could flee abusive relationships. No one at a domestic violent shelter asks for the political affiliation of a woman who's laying violence, you know, And it was feminists who set up all these things. We set up great crisis shelters, We got the right to have credit cards. You know, we won a lot of things over the course of the nineteen sixties and seventies, including Title nine. All of that is gone if the Democrats in power get their way. And I want to stress it's the demic crafts in power. It's not rank and file Democrats who are pushing this. It truly isn't. I have spoken to so many rank and file Democrats who are saying, if if the Democrats don't change their course on this, I'm just not going to vote for them ever. Again. Some are saying, you know what, forget the Democratic Party. I'm becoming independent. Some of them are saying, you know what, I've had enough. I'm voting for Trump in November. So rank and file Democrats are not in lockstep with party leadership on this, and part of what is so frustrating. You may have seen that I wrote an open letter to Kamala Harris, who I have met before, and I'm I'm you know, I'm saying, look, stand up, do the right thing at the DMC. Do I think she's going to do that? No? I do not. I don't think that for a second. But Martina Navertilova, the tennis champ, put my open letter to Kamala Harris on for Twitter, and that means that you know, several hundred thousand people saw it who otherwise may not have. And so my hope in writing something like that is not that I'm actually going to persuade Gamala Harris to do the right thing. My hope is that I will persuade ordinary Americans across the political spectrum to take a stand, stand up, stay what it's true, and really work together just as ordinary Americans across the political spectrum to get this done. If our leaders aren't going to do it, we need to do it ourselves.
Speaker 1: You know, I've practiced law for many years. I've represented many battered women, generally men that do the battering. I have a wife who's been a great appellate judge, and I look at my little granddaughter and I'm thinking, the last thing I want is for her to be in a situation where she's competing against males in sports or in high school or college situations. I think women are better than men. I think women live longer than men. I think women are better people than men. And the idea that we're going to blur the differentials between male and female to benefit is point zero two, maybe point zero two, at the cost of so many tens of millions of girls and women is sickening. Of course, my wife when she went to law school, her class it was the first class in which the majority of the students for female females dominate. In the colleges. Males are the ones who don't graduate in the same races. Put in the same time, I think men don't mature to the twenty five or thirty years old. Women tend to do it a bit earlier because they're better human beings. Now, having said that, I'm shocked that more liberal females who always vote Democratic are going to look at this issue and say, you know what, Kamala Harris is great. The Democratic Party is correct that one sex is fluid. You can be male one year, female the next based upon advantages. There's no such a thing. Therefore a sex discrimination because you don't know what gender you're dealing with, you go the opposite direction. There goes Title nine. There goes all kinds of protections for women that ought to be in the marketplace and ought to be in the law. It's all ruled unconstitutional because there's not a difference. They're all the same. No one's a male, no one's a female, and you move back and forth. Why don't more women figure this out? Care? Can you tell me that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that it's not true that women are the rank and file female Democrat voters are in favor of this. They're not, They truly aren't. You just can't see it because the media will not platform the liberal women's opposition to this, So there's it's not in the public eye other than this conversation that we're having right now, which I'm very grateful for. You have no reason to know. There are countless women all over this country who are speaking out in their communities and in their families. They just can't get a voice in the mainstream legacy media. So why because the mainstream legacy media is invested in Americans not understanding that we are actually much more united on this topic than we are divided.
Speaker 1: Is there a political reason? Is that such hatred of Trump and Republicans?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Well, what's the motivation to say Gail King, for example, CBS Morning, she ought to be out there speaking loud and crowd about women and girls and they're different, and we have to have sex discrimination laws auto exists. Title nine means something now, Nevatolova has spoken out hardly anyone else has why So that's.
Speaker 2: When you have to look at the money. And so that's that's where I want to encourage listeners to visit something called the eleventh Hour Blog literally the number eleven one one phourblog dot com. It's written by a woman named Jennifer Billick, who has done some unbelievably impressive journalistic investigation into the money behind what is pushing all of this. I want everyone in America to become familiar with names like Tim Gill, who runs something called the Gill Foundation, which is based in Colorado, and Rolling Stone has called him a megadowner to the Democratic Party. I want everyone to get familiar with the name John Striker. He's a man who founded something called the Arcis Foundation, which funds millions and millions of dollars worth of quote trans and queer liberation movement. I want everyone to be familiar with the name Martin Rossblatt. He's also a multimillionaire. He runs an organization called Terrorist m T e R a s e M. He views it as a religion. He thinks that we can all become completely non sex. He thinks that we can move beyond our biology as human beings. And you know, I start to sound a little conspiratorial here. I realized. But if Martin Rosblatt were just some weirdo typing out crazy, you know, crazy theories on a computer in his basement, I wouldn't be worried about it. But Martin Rossblatt is a multimillionaire who's been featured in New York Magazine. He's been featured on NBC, He's been on Oprah. So this man has influence, he has a platform. He calls himself a woman. His name is Martin, he was born Martin. He calls himself Martin.
Speaker 1: You get the picture, right, Yeah, I think this is wonderful. This is one thing. As a grandfather and as a parent, I can I believe in this. This is bad. This is bad stuff. And if we legally, if this issue is lost, the gains of women since nineteen seventy two are gone.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course. And also we can't forget pharma, and so we can't forget the scandal of a medical establishment that is putting in entire generations worth its young people, miners and young adults on hormones and giving them surgeries that are utterly irreversible, and that caused permanent damage, including loss of sexual function, lots of reproductive function, bone density laws, sometimes long term disease, including cancer. And there's an industry that stands to get it from doing that, and that's called pharma.
Speaker 1: Billions of dollars we got to run. Karen Dansky, author of The Reckoning, How the Democrats and the Left Betrayed Women and Girls. Also the book The Abolition of Sex, How the transgender Agenda Harms women and girls. Once again, Karen Dansky, this is wonderful.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Get the message out and the truth will set us off free in Karen Dansky, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And perhaps we'll do it again later in the year, but thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I'd love that. Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you care kar Dansky. Wow, your reaction. Let's continue with more your reaction. Bill Cunningham with you every day at your home of the Reds on news radio seven hundred WLW