Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by La Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking like back, David Vasse.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase live at Peco Park in San Diego, where the Dodgers fall in ten innings tonight six to five to the Padres, and the Dodgers NLS lead is shruck in to five and a half games over the Padres, and Tomorrow night an important game in some respects obviously a long way to go, but if the Padres win tomorrow night, not only will they have closed the gap to just four and a half games in the nl West, but also would have won the season series, giving them the tiebreaker if it came down to that at the end of the year. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number we'll get into all the Dodgers trades before today's trade deadline. In a little bit. We'll also hear from Brandon Gomes, the Dodgers GM on some of the dynamics of trying to make trades this season, and also we'll hear from one of the newest Dodgers Tommy Edmund who is here at Dodgers State or excuse me, at Peco Park taking batting practice. So we'll get to all that a little bit later into show. But you know, it's fine to talk about the trade deadline and fun to hear about these new players the Dodgers acquired. But the bottom line is they've got to start winning games, and they got to start winning games late. Nothing is more demoralizing to a team than blowing games in the ninth INNK and the Dodgers have done it way too often recently, going back to before the All Star break in Detroit. This is the fourth walkoff loss for the Dodgers in their past six road games. The bullpen has not had a scoreless night since July twelve, and that's coming from our friend Bill Plunkett at the Orange County Register. It's not perception, it's reality. And I feel like this is deja vu from just a few games ago in Houston, where Blake Trinon and Will Smith had very confusing game plans against Alex Bregman and tonight against Manny Machado and Jackson Merrill Number one, where is the firm target from Will Smith. It's a critical juncture at that point in time, and you know your relievers have been struggling. You've got to give them a target, especially against a hitter like Manny Machado who was locked in tonight. He already had homer it in the second inning. He was playing his butt off at third base tonight. This guy was salivating to help the Padres come from behind tonight. And you felt like, because the Dodger offense couldn't tack on runs after scoring five runs in the first inning and the Padres chipping away and making it a five to three game going into it late, you were a little bit concerned that the door was opened. And when Blake Trinon came in there for the ninth inning, I had two feelings. Number One, I was thinking, where's Michael Kopek, the newly acquired reliever from the White Sox who has not pitched in four or five days. He's supposed to be a guy that you can count on in the ninth inning as well. And then number two, I wasn't nervous that Blake Trinon wouldn't be able to get those three outs. But what again, was the purpose of that first pitch to Many Machado, was it to get it over for a strike? Did you think you were going to full Many Machado with a ninety four fastball. You've got to bury that in the dirt or you've got to get that way inside on Machado, And neither one occurred. And as far as the pitch to Jackson Merrill, you know, we've seen this a million times recently where these Dodger right handed relievers are having a lot of struggles against left handed hitters and they're trying to come inside, but they don't try to come inside enough. I don't know where it's changed in baseball where you can't try to get a guy to move his feet and make them a little uncomfortable throwing a cutter inside to a guy like Jackson Merrill, you better get it in there. And basically what it came down to was trya did not execute a cutter. It was flat, and when you throw a flat cutter, it's like batting practice. And I would love to see trying to start throwing that slider again consistently to left handed hitters like we saw at the beginning of the season. So the game plan was very much in question as far as I'm concerned in the ninth inning eight six two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs right now to here for manager Dave Roberts on Sports at LA.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it is. It's just fallen behind hitters and not making good pitches. And you know when we do that, they're going to make you pay. And that's you know what's happening. Tyler Thu a heck of a ball game. I thought he worked some things out as a outing, you know, you know as he got into the outing and very good line score, great job, and then Anthony came in and did a really nice job, and you know, I had Blake ready. I felt really good about you know, where he was at. He was up kind of the to get get us out of the inning. So he was ready to go. And we've done it all year. And unfortunately, you know, he didn't make good.
Speaker 4: Pictures to that.
Speaker 5: Can you explain just he had a lot of questions about kind of what happened with the Empires and then calling the ball there and just I guess what kind of wait, what did they explain to you?
Speaker 3: I guess, Well, if the one I went out there is I just wanted to clarify that Mark went out there to talk to Alex after they pinch hit Solano, and I was asking if I could bring in Evan at that moment, and then once he already visited, then he's got to face a hitter. So yeah, and intentional walk counts facing correct.
Speaker 2: Colin, let me just explain something as far as that goes in the tenth inning. Here it is rule five point one zero, paragraph three. The manager or coach is prohibited from making a second visit to the mound while the same batter is at bat, but if a pinch hitter is substituted for this batter, the manager coach may make a second visit to the mound, but must remove the pitcher from the game. What happened there was the pinch hitter Donovan Solano was announced, which meant Dave Roberts could not go back out there after prior just went out there. That's the rule book, and that's not a new rule. All right, let's hear more from Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Than for trying the don't know he's come back to loss has been fine, but it's been ninety fourst post to.
Speaker 4: Where it was before the surgery.
Speaker 3: It's certainly, you know, not the same velve. You know, all year it hasn't been you know, but you know, outside of you know, the last Houston outing, he hadn't given up a run, you know, the month of July, so you know, he was still very, very good, and it's just obviously the last two it hurts.
Speaker 4: It's it's more recent.
Speaker 3: But again, you know before you know, three days ago he had or two days, three days ago, whatever it was, he hasn't given up a run in a month. So it's one of those things that it happens, he's going to give up runs and just unfortunately just kind of you know, collectively, it just we feel a little bit more of late.
Speaker 4: And how can you do both and when you feel like it's springing so many leagues?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean I think it's just one of those things that we gotta We got a lengthy outing tonight, you know, which we felt good about that to start to give guys hopefully you know, we got a handful of guys an off day another off day to get them more fresh. But outside of that, they've got to go in and make pitches and you know, I look at who's available and expect them to go out there and do their jobs. And you know that's kind of you know where I'm at right now?
Speaker 2: All right, there's manager Dave Roberts on Sports at LA. I'm not sure if anybody asked him, why not Michael Kopek in the ninth inning because he was the most rested of the Dodger relievers and they just acquired him. He's throwing a fastball, he's throwing a slider. Not sure why he wasn't being considered there, but nonetheless, as Dave Roberts said, Blake Trinon's been pretty good up until his last two outings. And I feel like why it's so shocking is because of how dominant Blake Trinon has been since coming off the IL. So that's part of the shock in awe we saw tonight here in San Diego. Eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Padres beat the Dodgers six to five in ten innings. I want to get some of these calls in, so let's start off with Scott in Los Angeles. You're on Dodger Talk Live from San Diego. Hi. Scott carrying Dave. Well, so it would have been nicer to win this game after you a head five to nothing.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I mean, I guess you know. I'll just preach to the choir here. It's just perplexing that the Dodgers don't go out and make a move for a closer, and it seems like it's always been their Achilles heal in the in the postseason, you you gotta have a guy who can be lights out, and to see the Padres go and pick up a third closer, they got three closers on the roster, now, yeah, and the Dodgers really have zero, and it's a little distressing to think that they can get through the cot with no clowners.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I will say this, Scott. We've seen teams do a lot of different things to get the final three outs, so you don't necessarily always have to have that quote lockdown closer, but it certainly makes things easier to manage when you have a Tanner Scott or a Robert Suarez at the back end of your bullpen. And I'm sure the Dodgers tried to acquire Tanner Scott, but look, I talked to a few different people with other teams, and the Marlins asking price was astronomic for Tanner, Scott and the Padres were the only team willing to pay that. I'm not sure I would do what the Padres did. Not many people believe they would either. But yeah, it's it's a little uh frustrating that the Dodgers have not been able to lock down the ninth inning recently.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I appreciate that. Yeah, I just hope they figured out and Scott a key part of.
Speaker 4: The phone call.
Speaker 2: Bruce dar Grattarol will be coming back. And look, Blake Trenton's a really good reliever. Don't know what's going on right now. I'm sure you've heard this before. Around this time of year, some pitchers start to get what they call quote dead arm, meaning their arm is a little fatigue, the wear and tear of the season. Blake's coming off of major shoulder surgery, so maybe he's feeling the effects of that. So hopefully he bounces back. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to man in downtown Los Angeles. High Manny, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hey Dave, what's going on? Thanks for taking my call. I'm just gonna keep it, Pleasu shout out. From what I've been watching these last couple of weeks, the Dodgers are playing with absolute zero sense of urgency in some of these games where they should be winning. And today was a big example of what it means not having a dog inside that clubhouse just to get the runs on those tack on runs that they didn't put on in the seventh inning, that's what kind of caused them, not only Blake trying to employ in this game, but that's what caused them not to secure that insurance, that extra breath of fresh air sort of say they're shooting themselves in the foot, Dave, and it's it's just frustrating. And then on top of that, with everything I said, hold.
Speaker 2: One second, many, let's hold on one second, let's talk about that seventh inning. Because Dave Roberts made the right move to pinchhit for Jason Hayward against the left hander Mara Home, but the only right hander he had available off his bench was Austin Barnes. Ahmed Rosario has been acquired, he would have been a great option right there when Tommy Edmund comes off the il. He could be an option right there, and you may have keyk a Hernandez on the bench with Tommy Edmund and Ahmed Rosario in the folds. So to me, what the Dodgers did today would help in a situation like we saw in the seventh inning tonight.
Speaker 8: Definitely, I'm not losing hope though. You know, I have a strong faith in this team. I do believe this team is World Series caliber and they're just waiting for a couple of major pieces of comeback, and that's what I keep telling myself. But it would be nice to beat a team who are on your heels and a game we had full control out of the first inning. And shout out to my guy Tyler Glassnaw for getting it done. Seven strong innings. Thanks Tyler. Sorry we couldn't get you that win tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, Mannie, thanks for the phone call. Yeah, Tyler glass Now really pitched well, given the Dodgers exactly what they needed and more. Seven innings tonight, eight strikeouts, allowed just three earned runs and just walk one batter. Many Machado got Tyler glass Now in the second inning for a laser shot to right center field, his first of two home runs tonight, and look, Manny Machado came to play tonight. He made two amazing catches in foul territory, and he would he's probably the Padre that was keeping them in the game when they were down five to nothing. Eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Padres tonight, six to five in ten innings. Let's head back downstairs right now to hear from Blake Trinon, who gave up two solo home runs in that ninth inning to Many Machado and the game tying home run to Jackson Merrill.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm back and look at the cutter to Jackson and it, I mean didn't have great lateral movement, but it was in ball and a half.
Speaker 10: N Vonn.
Speaker 9: The one to Mitchell, It's probably the worst thing growth through all night.
Speaker 4: Put a swing on it.
Speaker 9: But you know, obviously it's pretty frustrating that, you know, I was like a second outing in a row where it's been a little bit not what I was hoping to do for the team. I mean, I take pride in being successful for my teammates that worked hard and put five runs on the board give us a chance to go out there and just put their faith in me to go put up a zero, and I didn't get the job done.
Speaker 4: So I don't need to be better than what I.
Speaker 6: Have been at The stretch been for you guys as bullpen. I think three times the last sixteen days, you guys have given a five run lead just to sort of momentum.
Speaker 4: Try to stop this momentum. I honestly heard.
Speaker 6: How difficult has the stretch just been for you as is a bullpen. That's especially the big blow leads last two weeks.
Speaker 9: I mean, obviously you don't want to do it. I mean take pride and doing the best we can. I think our bullpen has been one of the best, if not the best, over the last like five years since I've been here. There's obviously going to be some tough stretches and a lot of that falls on me and two or the least you know few that you've talked about, So.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know if we really think.
Speaker 9: Much about it. It's just the day of when it happens. It's pretty frustrating.
Speaker 5: When the be low's down like it has been this year, like it does, do you have to compensate in other ways with how you attack guys or like, how have you adjusted to that this year?
Speaker 4: No, I mean like the last last two addings.
Speaker 9: I don't know if anybody's done damage on the fastball that pregnant did to me. I don't know if anybody typically has put a swing. My child is a very familiar face with me. The most impressible one is probably Jackson Merrill. It's a ball and a half inside. So I'm not I'm not going to try to reinvent the wheel.
Speaker 4: I know who I am.
Speaker 9: You know they give me, you know, langs to be successful. It just comes down to execution. But movement patterns are great. So in my vehble has been what it's been this year. I know it's going to be a focus of talking point for a lot of people, but at the end of the day, execution and you know, stuff will win over.
Speaker 4: I've lost his luxury. I would love to have more, but that I have what I have. So and it's been it's been working for Lesuary of the year. Just a few outings are really bit there.
Speaker 2: All right. There's Blake trying on sports net LA and he's right looking back at where that pitch was. It was inside off the plate and Jackson Merrill just put a good swing on it. But man, that's his sweet spot right there. Why not try to go away, go arm side away from Jackson Merrill? Why are you trying to go inside on Jackson Merrill? I just didn't get that. And you know the pitch before was a slider, a ball down and in. I just wasn't on board with trying to go inside on Jackson Merrill. Just trying to keep the ball away to limit damage right there against a very good left handed hitter. Eight six six eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number we're going to take a time out here on Dodgery Talk when we come back, more of your phone calls at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. And also we'll hear from one of the new US Dodgers, Tommy Edmund, if we have time, and we'll get to the possibility of Mookie Beds making a possible position change again. When we're back with you from Oakland on Friday night. We are obviously talking about tonight's disappointing loss as the Dodgers blow a five nothing lead in the first inning to fall to the Padres tonight six to five in ten innings at Petco Park on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David Massan.
Speaker 11: Two and two and the pit swang Hann Peltic tape to right down the line. It is headed for the corner after a David Peralta and he can't make the play. That ball is off the foul Paul for our home run bet D's second home run with two strikes on him this road trip, and the Dodgers have opened up a five to nothing leave.
Speaker 2: That's when things were looking good for the Dodgers, as they put up a five spot in the first inning tonight against knuckleballer Matt Waldron. The bad news was the Dodger offense did not score after that five run first inning, and they left the door open for the Padres to chip away, chip away, and then boom in the ninth inning, two solo home runs off of Blake Trining and the Padres win it on a walk off basit in the tenth inning by Donovan Solano the final score tonight at Pego Park, six to five, in front of the largest crowd ever at Peco Park. Forty seven thousand, five hundred and fifty nine. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location in say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six ninety seven two five p seventy is the phone number. Speaking of the Dodgers' inability to tack on runs, tonight, they struck out thirteen more times tonight. The Dodgers in their last four games have struck out a combined fifty five times. The forty two strikeouts in three games in Houston was a new franchise record for the most strikeouts in a three game series. So obviously the Dodgers are missing Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts, Max Munsey, Miguel Rojas. The list goes on and on, but certainly thirteen strikeouts a little bit too much. Today. In case you missed the news, the Dodgers were able to pull off a few more trades. Going back to yesterday, the Dodgers were able to acquire in a three team deal Michael Kopak, who was active and available tonight, but Dave Roberts chose to stay away from him in the ninth inning, instead going with Blake Trinan. And also Tommy Edmund, who is currently on the sixty day IL which with risk surgery, and also when he was coming back from risk surgery, in his rehab assignment, he hurt one of his ankles, so that delayed his return to the Cardinals this season. He still has not played a single game this year. But Tommy Edmund, speaking of strikeouts, is a contact hitter, and he joined us on the pregame show and we'll try to share that conversation with you. But he said his idols growing up in San Diego where Tony Gwinn and more recently Adrian Gonzalez. So he's a guy that's not a swing and miss hitter. He's a versatile player. He helps the Dodgers up the middle defense, shortstop, second base, center field, and the Dodgers were able to acquire him and Michael Kopek yesterday, along with Ahmed Rosario. Yes, that Ahmed Rosario. He's having a really solid year for the race, hitting over three hundred. He can play a variety of different positions, including third base, so that's another right handed option off the bench for Dave Roberts and then today for me personally, and we were doing reports all day long. The Dodgers to say they won the trade deadline was for them to acquire an impact starting pitcher, and they were able to do that by acquiring Jack Flaherty for two minor league prospects, including Trey Sweeney who they acquired from the Yankees and the Victor Gonzalez trade. Trey's a really good defensive player, but he is not the shortstop of the future for the Dodgers. That's double a shortstop Alex Friedland. So the Dodgers give up him in Thyron Leriano, and that is what they needed to give up for Jack Flaherty and Jack Flaherty is expected to make his Dodger debut in Oakland, probably Friday, since he was supposed to start yesterday and was scratched for the Tigers just to be safe now. He has had some back issues this year, but as of now, the Dodgers were confident the back will hold up. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Connor in Oceanside, Colin, can you punch up Connor for us? Hi? Connor, You're on Dodger Talk Live from San Diego.
Speaker 12: Hey, Dave, to your point earlier, if anyone is unaware of who the MVP of this lineup is missing, Freddie Freeman these last few games is really exposed the lengths that he provides at the top, I thought, you know, five runs in the first inning. I was like, whoa, what is this team? We haven't done this in a while, and then they fell asleep for their for the rest of the game.
Speaker 13: To my point why I called it, You've brought up a few times the mindset it takes to pitch in the ninetheen, and I think we're kind of rotating that. I think I don't know if we're doing auditions right now. It seems like Phillips needs to get his head right how soon before you know the playoffs that we have to have an established guy because it definitely seems like, you know, Hudson has used to have it, but he's you know, he's old and when his tertiary pitches aren't going. He doesn't have a second pitch, So you know, just in your mind, I.
Speaker 2: Will say that right now, think about yeah, think about twenty eighteen, right the Boston Red Sox one hundred and eight wins. They beat the Dodgers in five games in the World Series, and they went through the entire postseason with an ineffective Craig Kimberl and finally Alex Kora pulled the plug on him and he just mixed and matched and found different guys to close out games. And obviously the image that all Red Sox fans have is Chris Sale coming out of the bullpen at Dodgers Stadium to close out the World Series. And I feel like that's the point that the Dodgers may be getting to. If they cannot find a guy that can get the final three outs, it could be Michael Kopek. I'm confident that if Evan Phillips does not get back on track and his confidence does not go up between now and the end of the season, Blake Trenton is very capable of being that guy. But the price was extremely high for a Tanner Scott, and that's not Andrew Freeman's style to give up that much as much as they were asking for a closer. So the Dodgers have guys including Bruce Star Graderol who you hope comes back and is somewhat himself after missing the majority of the year. So there are ways to do it right now. It's a rough patch, no doubt about it, Connor, but the Dodgers do have relievers that can do it perfect. Thank you all right, thank you for the phone call. Appreciate it. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Charles, who was here in San Diego. Were you at the game tonight, Charles.
Speaker 14: Uh, yeah, unfortunately, yeah, I did. The way it ended right center field. So yeah, it was a good game doing you know, up until the first Oh yeah, it was really fun actually, you know, next to the lady with all the signs for each player.
Speaker 7: But but what I wanted to.
Speaker 14: Talk about was basically not I know, the pitching and the ninth inning was you know, it's been a problem for the last couple of weeks at least. But what got me is that after the first inning he stopped hitting, and you know, and it seemed like guys were coming up and they're swimming for the faces and not trying to get that that base hit to get get the man over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. And I thought the key at bat of the game was in the seventh thing when the Dodgers had the left handed reliever Morohone on the ropes. And I had no issues with Dave Roberts pinchionting for Jason Hayward at that point in time. But it's Austin Barnes who's coming up with a twelve game hitting streak. Yes, but he's got to realize and see the situation that Morohone had walked the Oscar Hernandez on what five pitches. He can't be swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded, in a reliever that cannot find the strike zone. He's got to take strike one. And I thought that was a pivotal at bad a pivotal juncture at that point in time. If the Dodgers score one or two runs right there, at the very least, I feel like they win this game.
Speaker 14: But yeah, yeah, in the night any even though trying to struggle, he still got the third out, So one or two more runs would have made a difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Like I said, I first heard about this when I first started in twenty twelve traveling with the Dodgers. Don Mattingly was the manager, and there were a few games like this where the Dodgers would put up a three to five spot and they wouldn't score again, maybe one run, and he would talk about how there's got to be tack on runs, even when you put up a crooked number early in the game, and you could kind of feel the padres chipping away and gain momentum back in this game late, especially when you head back to back doubles by a Rise and Cronenworth and then you know it's a five to three game all of a sudden, and you have to go to your bullpen to protect that. And I thought Tyler Glass noow did a great job because he was in there for seven innings. You got to give Tyler glass Now a lot of credit and that was certainly much needed start. Unfortunately, the Dodger bullpen in the ninth inning, Blake Trenton just could not hold it, and he gave up two solo home runs. And look, he had his reasons for the pitches he was throwing. I just did not agree with the pitch calling in the ninth inning to those two hitters. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Padres tonight, six to five in ten innings. Before the game, I had a chance to catch up with one of the newest Dodgers, Tommy Edmund, who was at a Stanford University and grew up here in San Diego. A great guy and looking forward to him playing for the Dodgers. He's under team control not only the end of this year, but next year as well. Tommy Edmund was here at Petco Park to be examined by the Dodgers' trainers to figure out when that ankle is going to be one hundred percent sound to bring him back. Talking to my sources in Saint Louis, they were expecting to activate Tommy Edmund within the next ten days, so that's encouraging. But Tommy Edmund was here. He participated in hitters meetings, he met with Dave Roberts, he took batting practice on the field, and in between all that he joined us on the pregame show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, I'm really excited to be here and excited to be part of a great team.
Speaker 2: How unexpected was this trade for you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was certainly out there.
Speaker 5: You know, it wasn't really on my radar a few weeks ago, especially being injured this whole year, but I really started coming along in that injury recovery, and once I started hearing my name thrown around a few days ago, I was kind of excited to hear that it was the Dodgers, you know. So I'm ecstatic to be here, really really looking forward to getting back and contributing.
Speaker 2: I know you're a versatile player, but have the Dodgers told you where they see you playing when you come back?
Speaker 5: No, not necessarily. I think my role is kind of influx right now. You know, there's a lot of moving parts with the trade, acquisitions and injuries and things like that, so don't necessarily know where I'll be playing. But that's kind of been my role for my career thus far, you know, being able to move around the field and help wherever necessary.
Speaker 2: Where is the rehab on your ankle? From what I understand, the Cardinals were expecting you to come back and play within ten days. Is that a fair expectation.
Speaker 5: It's I can't really estimate when that'll be. You know, I haven't played the field yet, and the goal was to start playing the field this week. But I think with these guys are gonna evaluate the ankle themselves and really figure out where it's at and really get a good idea of what that timeline will look like.
Speaker 10: So we'll probably know a little bit more in the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: How have you felt through this entire process. Do you feel like you're starting to feel like Tommy Edman of old?
Speaker 10: Yeah, starting to.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm just looking forward to being back at one hundred percent again and being able to play baseball like I know I'm capable of.
Speaker 2: I know you're from La Joya, you're an oc kid, you went to Stanford. How good is it to come back to California and play for the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, it's great. It's great. I love coming back to southern California.
Speaker 5: It makes things really easy for myself and my family, and you know, really looking forward to to being in this weather a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Who was Tommy Edmund's kind of childhood hero to pursue this dream of baseball?
Speaker 5: Well, growing up in San Diego. I actually watched a lot of Tony Gwynn, so he was he's one of the best hitters of all time. But there were a lot of actually one of the other former Dodgers potters guys with Adrian Gonzalez, So he was.
Speaker 10: He was a ton of fun to watch hit.
Speaker 2: Hey, you just went over Dodger fans by saying Adrian Gonzalez was your guy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: He was a stud and he's one of my favorite guys to watch.
Speaker 2: That's my understanding of watching you play. I would say, you're a guy that puts the ball in play. You believe in uh in contact. It feels like that's kind of the pillar of what you do as a hitter. And Tony Gwynn and Adrian Gonzalez were like that as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're both, you know, such pure hitters and and have a great idea of what they're doing to the play.
Speaker 10: And I mean, one can only aspire to be as good as those guys.
Speaker 5: So if that's a that's the goal I'm going for, then you know, if I fall way short of that, I'll still hopefully to be a good hitter.
Speaker 2: Hey, before I let you go walking into that clubhouse with so many superstars MVPs. What was it like to go in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a little surreal, you know, especially playing against these guys over the past few years. I know they got some incredibly good players on the team and it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: They've been very welcoming on me so far and looking forward to getting to know everyone a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for the time, and welcome to the Dodgers. Glad you're wearing blue because that Cardinal red man that stings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, I appreciate it. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 2: All right. There's Tommy Edman. To hear the full conversation, you could find it on the iHeartRadio app. A really great kid and certainly's going to fit in the way he was described to me from people in Saint Louis. Was a very steady ball player and a guy that makes a lot of contact, which obviously the Dodgers need in their lineup. After striking out thirteen more times tonight, fifty five strikeouts over the course of the last four games. So Tommy Edmund is going to be a welcome addition to this roster once he gets healthy and hopefully that's within the next ten days that the Cardinals we're expecting as well. That'll do it for us. On Dodger Talk Tonight tomorrow, It's Kershaw Day. Clayton Kershaw will be on the mound for the second time this season, going up against Dylan Cees, who will be making his first start since pitching a no hitter last week. Cease. This season for the Padres is ten and eight with an ERA of three point fifty. Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at four thirty tomorrow with first pitch at five point forty with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett from Pego Park here in San Diego. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Peco Park, Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Once again. The final score tonight from Peco Park in San Diego. The Padres come from behind to beat the Dodgers in ten innings, six to five. Have a great rest of your night. See you