Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Obviously a little break in the action there for Monday, as it was a holiday, and.
Speaker 1: Even though somebody you were like, yeah, well Casey, you and Ross just had a week off. Oh jeez, am I gonna sneeze this morning? Really we're gonna do this? Excuse me? Oh hope, I turned that awful lot. Okay, all right, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Never does it Like before the show and I'm said, they're talking to Ross, It's like, well wait for him to start talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we're gonna do. So well done.
Speaker 2: No three day weekend there, so uh, you know, we're back. We got everything kind of compacted into four days, but we'll make it happen. It'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I hope everybody had a productive amount of time off, got something accomplished. If you if you, you know, if you celebrated or at least recognized, that's good as well.
Speaker 1: Ross. Do you guys have a good weekend? You and the fam? Yeah? Man, it was enjoyable. Yes, did you. I'm sorry, I'm just just like a second ago when you sneeze, and I'm not saying the sneeze caused it, but my speakers were already on the fritz, and I think they just like blew out oh no, oh yeah, like you sneezed and there was this loud popping sound and now they both went mute and.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's probably something that should make speakers not work.
Speaker 1: So that's fun, okay.
Speaker 2: But otherwise, it was a good Africa Day holiday for you and the family. I'm sorry it was it what the Africa Day holiday weekend? You guys, I was unaware that was the thing. You didn't put the inflated you didn't put the African Day inflatables out.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're big inflatables guy. You got yeah, one for every season here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I know we got the inflatable BUCkies for what did you say, Africa Day? Yeah, for at the African Day weekend holiday? Do you mean Memorial Day? It was a Memorial Day. I'm sorry the what day? Memorial Day? I'm not is that a thing? Is that a Canadian thing? I'm not a fool. I know it was Africa Day because I saw the Mayor of Chicago. In fact, here we are. Hello.
Speaker 3: I am Mayor Brandon Johnson, and I am proud to join you in recognizing and celebrating Africa Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, the continent of Africa is made up.
Speaker 3: Of one point two billion people with diverse countries full of rich traditions, cultures, and heritage. The African diaspora can be found in cities and countries around the globe and right here in Chicago, our proud African communities have made indelible contributions to the growth and fabric of.
Speaker 1: Our amazing city.
Speaker 3: So this Africa Day, let us take a moment to celebrate the achievements of the people of Africa, the progress made by African nations, and the traditions and culture they have shared with us. And let us also show them that we will embrace and support them as they continue to overcome and face their challenges head on. Thank you and Happy Africa Day everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know that got to you, you and yours. That is the mayor of Chicago, the third largest city in the United States, honoring what matters this weekend Africa Day. That's why I asked if you had a good Africa Day. Does it make sense?
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not really, but did they put it on Memorial Day? Like did they come up with this new holiday?
Speaker 2: And you know, there's so many days to go around, bro right, you got to remember that, right, all right? So the so the Jesus people, they you know, they snagged a few some of the spring, some of the some of the winter. LGBT took like half the calendar, you know what. I'm driving out like you're running out of days.
Speaker 1: No, And they did it previously in the Biden administration where they made the trans Day of Awareness on Easter. Correct. Yes, yeah, it just seems they always picked like days that already or so like big known holidays and to place their own sort of holiday there, like you could pick another day. Okay.
Speaker 2: Did you know that today is both National Great Popsicle.
Speaker 1: Day, right? You know yeah, so I was thinking about.
Speaker 2: This and also it's like something strudal day and you like that strut shake things right, I was saying, like I was thinking before, like you know, there's different celebrations, are quote holidays for every day like the ones that you just mentioned, or you know, National Biscuit Day or National Wine Day or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is a Great Popsicle Day. Yeah, Let's be honest, it's not really like a holiday or day off if unless we get it off. If it's a paid day off, then it's like an official holiday. Otherwise it's just like a Today's cake day, like it doesn't really mean anything. So, but they're Good Friday.
Speaker 2: Would you say Good Friday is a real holiday, a real day of remembrance anyway? Uh, yes, okay, but we worked on Good Friday, yes, which I well, I am a firm believer that I believe that. You know, it's weird to me that we don't get the Easter holidays off. It's super weird. Yeah, it is weird mm hmm. And it's not just our company, it's a lot of company. I don't understand that, right, and so.
Speaker 1: We don't technically get Africa Day off. It's just so weird. They why are they choosing this day?
Speaker 2: Like I just again, they just run out of I think they just ran out of days.
Speaker 1: So you don't think there's any spite there. There's not an ulterior.
Speaker 2: To land on Memorial Day of the day that we on or not necessarily just people who serve with people who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Yeah, yeah, that is weird of all the days, because there are other days you can double up, you know what I'm saying, Probably go ahead and double them up like Labor Day. I think less people would be offended if he doubled up Labor Day. Right, maybe make that Africa Day. But you know, sometimes these things, you know, nothing is in a vacuum. Sometimes you just throw darts at a calendar and then there you go where it landed.
Speaker 1: That's what we're gonna have to do. So say, I don't think there's nothing weird about the communist mayor of Chicago just picking Africa Day to do it on Memorial Day? Was it on Memorial Day or.
Speaker 2: Was it like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah it was the same day again, darts dark board.
Speaker 1: You never know, things happen. So so I got to break out my inflatable Egyptian pyramids. Yeah yea y yeah. And the best part about the inflatable Egyptian lawn pyramids is I can slowly build them up until the Christmas holiday, like I can progress it slowly. Yeah. So, I mean there's a theme there so to all go together.
Speaker 2: And and and there's tunnels under your inflatables. Those inflatables come, they're very very interesting. They have tunnels underneath them that we can see but we can never explore. R Maybe one day, don't you dare dig there, right, because the dude from the show on History Channel that's now the Doctor whatever, he'll get very mad at you, zorry.
Speaker 1: Doctor Zoari.
Speaker 2: Does not once you digging down there, does not even really like questions about it. And that's important to understand, all right. Anyway, six thirteen, I hope everyone else had a productive Africa Day holiday weekend. Just wanted you to want to know that we remember, we remember, and we honor these things. All right, coming up on the show, we got all sorts of other insanity to get with you on We're gonna have Cassie Clark on the show that'll be an eight oh five today. She said, Hey, do you want to talk about cyberstock? And I'm like, great, do we get to cybersox somebody on the show live?
Speaker 1: That'll be amazing.
Speaker 2: But apparently it's about like she testified at the at the General Assembly about maybe how we should just be able to swat people on the Internet who have different political opinions and maybe there should be.
Speaker 1: A way to deal with that.
Speaker 2: So I wildly misunderstood what she hoped to accomplish. So I don't know that we will be cyberstocking people, but we will talk about it and how in practice it works and or it really doesn't work here in North Carolina. So apparently when she had some opinions online, people also were like, Hey, what if we continually ordered pizza or wherever you and your kids are to let you know that we know where you are.
Speaker 1: Because you have a different opinion than us.
Speaker 2: Or have we sending the SWAT team to your house telling them that there's a rape, murder, kidnapping and because you have a different opinion than us. And she's like, I don't think so, because I got kids and stuff. So we'll go ahead. We'll go ahead and talk about that at eight oh five, coming up a little later in the show. Plus we've got other general insanity, but right now we got a break, So six fifteen, hang on absolutely, man, there's so many lunatics to avail yourself up this morning. It's going to be very exciting. It's going to be very exciting, this whole lunatic getting to know you thing. We have people that are struggling and feeding themselves, which is not new. Right in our era when it came to people struggling to feed themselves, Ross who was the og of people struggling to feed themselves in our era.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, man, the kids from Ethiopia.
Speaker 2: That's Sally Struthers and crew. Right, how many times were you reminded what a cup of coffee costs?
Speaker 1: Like all the time. And those images, man, they still haunt me, Like the images start letters. I will send you a letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once we shoe the flies off this kid, we'll give them a sandwich and we'll make him write you a letter. Oh and then won't you feel good rather than having that cup of coffee every morning? That was the og And the whole time, Sally Struthers is getting just a little chunkier and a little chunk here, and people notice that stuff and then before you know, it's starving and starving Marvin and his family or fighting aliens, and it's the whole thing. You gotta watch out. But that's not where the real struggle lies today. It's not people in parts of the world where drought and famine have overtaken it and they're just out of options because warlords and stuff. They don't sit there and you know, cover themselves and they're uh, you know, they're they're starving.
Speaker 1: Figures with bulls. Super Bowl Bill's Super Bowl merch like.
Speaker 2: They did back in the day, a whole continent of people thinking you guys had a four peet. Frankly, I don't know why there's not more Bills mafia fanatics over in Africa if you think about it, right, because a lot of you know, people like to get on a bandwagon.
Speaker 1: Man. I mean, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I wouldn't be surprised if there were, well, you know, folding tables are a luxury. I follow like Bill's fans account from Italy, from Kazakhstan, from all over the place. It is funny watching the Bills.
Speaker 2: I remember we ran into a group of like German Vikings fans that had flown over to me. This is how can you imagine you're such a fan of another country sport? Which I'm not mad about it, but it was all these German dudes that were tailgating in like fifteen degree weather for a Vikings game and it gets cold in Germany.
Speaker 1: I don't think they were prepared for that. I don't think they did their research.
Speaker 2: And it was not a fun party either, because they were tailgating kind of near us, and like we invited them to do the corn hole that we do it with rings like if toss rings and there's three holes in the board, so it's a slightly different variation. And like they really didn't want to play games or really do anything. But it wasn't interesting to talk to people who were so wrapped up in it that they flew all the way from like Berlin or wherever to cheer.
Speaker 1: On the vikings.
Speaker 2: Now we bring the sports to them just to screw teams ahead of their bye week. So but anyway, yeah, no, to your point, I wouldn't be surprised either. So, but all of this is going on yet that is not where the struggle lies now. No, the struggle, according to a big piece over at the Atlantic magazine, is in.
Speaker 1: Your own home.
Speaker 2: So they're going to write an article about it. Now it used to be then they'd write when they were doing journalism. How would a publication normally approach the struggle? That is, are you ready treat new feeding yourself dinner? How would most publications in all of our life approach this ten easy weekday meals something like that. They'd give you a little like five step things. Maybe if your grocery prices were up and an acknowledgment of that they'd be like, save money on family meals this week, and then they would and they would go ahead and do that. But that's not how we do journalism now. Now everything is an absolute mind bogglingly hard struggle that we need to overcome.
Speaker 4: So tired of cooking dinner sometimes.
Speaker 2: Cry and don't cry.
Speaker 4: My name is Rachel Sugar. I'm a contributing writer at the Atlantic, and I wrote about the thing I probably think about more than anything, which is, who is everyone everywhere still making dinner every single right?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, Ross, do you guys make dinner in your family?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you do? Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so right, this is this is right in his wheelhouse night.
Speaker 4: All across my neighborhood, across the city, every single night, all these households with kids, without kids, whatever, have to individually deal with dinner. Oh no, it's not like nobody's tried to address this. There are these zillion different meal prep bloggers and cookbooks about easy weeknight dinners. There are all these different companies that offer are supposed to be solutions, whether that's meal kits or prepackaged heat meat actions. There's something eat to where the whole selling point is basically that you don't have to think about it. And probably some of that works sometimes for some people, but every single one of those things has significant den sides. A lot of them are really expensive, or they're not actually very good, or they're not interesting, or they don't meet your nutritional specifications. Taking from starving deliberate sagear is none of them can really address this fundamental issue, which is there's this collective idea that dinner is special.
Speaker 1: It's call it suffer.
Speaker 4: They do that some places, nourishing not just nutritionally but also spiritually, and it's just really hard to get that in a box. So basically you have two choices. You can totally compromise, but then you have to accept that, yeah, it's not the dream dinner, or you can live the dream, and then you have to think about.
Speaker 5: It all the time, and there's.
Speaker 4: Really no way around it, and you know, it's kind of liberating to accept that that, even in the golden age of technological progress, dinner refuses to be solved. So my advice to you is, well, that's the thing. There's no hack.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ross, you've heard of bone juice right talked about that on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the black sarcophagus. Yeah, and when you find it, he's got to drink it right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a weird concentration of liquid that formulated apparently because of the breakdown of literal human body parts.
Speaker 1: And now you have bone juice and as Ross.
Speaker 2: Pointed out, as soon as you crack open the black sarcophagus and find that.
Speaker 1: But but but you know, it's it's not very mainstream. But something else.
Speaker 2: Is it's bone blow is it's a drug made out of human bones apparently, which is all the rage amongst the kids, although not here in the US. I don't know that it's caught on quite as much, but you know it's working on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is just one of the many things we learned about over the weekend after a flight attendant was caught.
Speaker 1: Smuggling one hundred pounds of cot.
Speaker 2: Which or cush excuse me, cush, not caught cush, which is a new drug originating out of West Africa. That it's kind of kind of a fentanyly kind of thing to it. But what makes it unique is it's made in part allegedly out of human bones, which I don't know if that adds to the high if it's a delivery system. But it's like bone blow, which is trademark by the way, I just trademark that.
Speaker 1: I don't understand this. Do they have to like find like dig up the bones to make this drug or do they like human smuggle and murder people to make to get the bones? Yes, the thing, Yes, well that's awful.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know or it's or it's a it's it's I don't know, it's yeah, I mean you got to cut it with something that backspines your profit. So I'm not really I'm not I'm not up on really the etiquette around this drug.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even know. I don't even know bone but like is it do you do bone blow.
Speaker 2: Off a hooker's butt or is it better done off of dead hooker's butt? Like which is it if it's made literally of human bones? In part I don't know the answer that I'm not up on the kush. So maybe somebody who's up on the cush will have to explain the cush etiquette for this. So do you wear like an obscene piece of jewelry that's actually a storage system for it around your neck.
Speaker 1: With a little spoon on it.
Speaker 2: I don't know where your ring flips open. It's just full of bone blow? How did she smuggle it? So very secretly? So she's a flight attendant. I mentioned that, and apparently she had had some downtime, so she was staying in Thailand, and I guess they have a thirty day visitor visa, so she had to leave the country after three days.
Speaker 1: And generally you're doing.
Speaker 2: What's called a passport run in countries like that, where people stay, so they leave for a day, they go to another country, and then they come back in and they get a renewed three day visa.
Speaker 1: So she's like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go to Sri Lanka, but you know, I guess in proximity is pretty close. It's either that or north set in the island. And so she went to.
Speaker 1: Sri Lanka and lo and behold.
Speaker 2: While she was in Sri Lanka for her one day trip, she had over one hundred pounds of luggage, and believe it or not, somebody swapped all of her clothes and makeup and everything in there out and then filled it with bone blow. So they caught her with one hundred pounds of bone blow. Instead of toiletries and clothes and shoes, and you you know how women travel one hundred pounds for a one day trip.
Speaker 1: That's right on the nose. Now, when you're like a flight attendant, does her luggage get scanned like everybody else at the front or do you like just wheel it in and put it on the plane yourself?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so I'm not sure how it works everywhere, but apparently somebody caught her, so there must have been another cog in the cyam.
Speaker 1: Still, that's so dumb, Like they're going to scan your luggage, right, yeah, Like, hey, is this bone blow in your luggage? And you're like, what that isn't mine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how to one hundred pounds of bone blow? Which, by the way, is a lot more pounds than you're allowed. But I guess being a flight attendant you probably have some probably a little easier for you now. It used to be we really didn't scan any of their stuff. And you know, for years years Pablo Escobar exploited that system, and they you know, they literally there was a there was literally years where if you were on a flight for one of the companies that he was smuggling through, and you know how at the beginning they tell you, hey, if we if we crash in the water and somehow all survive, under your seat is a flotation device, right, you've heard that beginning of flights, except they got rid of all those and turn them into bricks of cocaine. So had the plane been there and everyone went for their life jackets, they would have found, you know, a kilo of cocaine.
Speaker 1: I just to hold onto in the water. That'll still float though, right, it does. Yeah, they see it in Florida.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of an issue, right, And you're just at the beach, maybe celebrating like Africa Day with your family, and then here comes to kilos and bales of drugs. So and but flight attendants there was a lot of smuggling with that. So nowadays they do tend to look at their luggage. So although they do get fast tracked. Right, I'm sure you've never been security like RDU or whatever. Right, you're not seeing the flight crews come through there. They gotta throw a little line.
Speaker 1: But yeah.
Speaker 2: Bone blow also known as cush but I like bone blow better, is a new popular drug among young men, which causes listening to this individuals to fall asleep while walking, collapse unexpectedly, and even wander into moving traffic. Apparently, situational awareness is not a hallmark of bone blow. One of the many ingredients is reportedly human bones, and the insatial desire for the substance has even led to ghoulish grave robbers. Oh, to answer your previous question, it sounds like it's a combination of murder victims but also just standard graveyard rob Like can you imagine doing a drug and also being haunted after you do the drug. That's probably part of the high man the spirits of the people you just snorted off the dead hookers, but.
Speaker 1: Really heightens it.
Speaker 2: Growing concern has many countries declaring a state of emergency over abuse of cush, including Sri Lanka, which just just put in a bunch of rules and laws for people would smuggle this stuff.
Speaker 1: Where they get twenty five years in prison. So that's what she's facing. Let's see here, she flew the.
Speaker 2: United Arab Emirates, So that was the other part of this tube because she was passing not just to Thailand, but to the UAE and then to Thailand. And they really, they get a they get really they don't like drug smuggling much there in the Middle East. I don't know if you're aware of this. So that's a problem. And it wasn't just one hundred pounds of bone blow. I should be, I should be the person who also swapped her luggage, who totally wasn't her also filled it with thirty pounds of marijuana and hashish.
Speaker 1: So seventy pounds of bone.
Speaker 2: Blow and then thirty pounds of marijuana and hashish.
Speaker 1: So there's that. Lots of problems. There, lots of problems.
Speaker 2: And they just arrested some eighteen year old girl for trying to do this too. I think she was going through nighted Arab Emirates. Yeah, so apparently it's it's very popular, but I've yet to try the bone blow, so I don't know. ROSSI ever pay any bone blow back in your party days.
Speaker 1: No, it's the first I've heard of it. Oh, okay, are.
Speaker 2: You a little disappointed now that you're you know, you're sober and stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't say that, I am. You don't get to.
Speaker 2: Try the bone blow, so you can report back on what it is, because frankly, I still don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what it's made of.
Speaker 2: But anyway, uh yeah, so don't smuggle the bone blow And if you have one hundred pounds of luggage for like a one.
Speaker 1: Day trip, that will raise some people.
Speaker 2: Will question that even though women tend to overpack, so watch out for that.
Speaker 1: All right, So there we go.
Speaker 2: He's learned about a new drug. A good way to start the Tuesday.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Coming up on the show, the Party of the People's figured out a new and exciting way to imperil your freedoms in the in the interest of climate change. So if they're not doing it just to be draconian, they're doing it for because the ends justify the means, and not at all to control your life, just rather to save the planet, which I just read over the weekend too that even if they meet all the goals on the rising sea level stuff, that the sea levels are still going to rise, so don't get too cocky, which I don't know how that works, Like why do we even have hallmarks and benchmarks that we want to hit if it's not going to do any good according to whatever your thing is here. So we'll cover all of this with a Massachusetts senator with a very interesting name who has come up with a new and decidedly interesting way to.
Speaker 1: Nanny statue and she dead serious about this too.
Speaker 2: So that horrible idea and much more coming your way here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Sure, depending on where you guys were, whether you're traveling, you probably ran into a little bit of that as we well, And I've flipped on the old Apple TV and on Apple Plus they had.
Speaker 1: This new big budget adventure.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's supposed to be like National Treasure, which there's a little bit of suspension of belief that is required for the movie National Treasure, but it's still a good movie.
Speaker 1: Ross. You guys like National Treasure? Yeah, no, we love those movies. Yeah, good stuff. What was the what was the series that they did too with.
Speaker 2: The guy was on Grazer or He's not one of the big shut nineties shows, but he did The Librarian, right, did the series of movies called The Librarian or whatever where he basically is a librarian, but they handle all mythical stuff like Spear of Destiny and things like that. Those are okay, but they require a suspension of belief. Right, there's probably not secret writing that Lemon Juice will unveil on the back of the of the Constitution, right, so you don't need to hoist it for this. And but this Krazinski movie, it's Jim from the Office and I'm trying to remember the chick who's in this doesn't matter, Jim from the Office, and he's a thief of like mythical items.
Speaker 1: But his sister works for and his sister is Natalie Portman.
Speaker 2: By the way, in this movie, and they're trying to find the Fountain of Youth. And to say that they didn't even bother it.
Speaker 1: It's called Fountain of Youth, by the way.
Speaker 2: To say that they didn't even bother putting a storyline together is well, what, it's completely accurate. Two, it's from the jump just ridiculous. And uh they and I don't know how much money they spent on this thing. Is guy Ritchie who did the movie too.
Speaker 1: These things you need to have, like some sense of realism. And then like towards the middle of the movie, you sneak in the the insanity, Like I remember sitting in the theater for the second National Treasure movie and it's the big you know, he's in the living room whatever with John Voight and his girlfriend and the nerdy guy, and I think maybe his mom was there. I don't know, but he says the lion in the camera, you know, frames up on his face and he goes, I'm gonna kidnap the President of the United States, and the entire and the entire theater burst out in laughter.
Speaker 2: But he did it, He did right. All I had to do was go to Mount Vernon, which I've been to. Have you ever been to Mount Vernon? You ever done that tour there?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm afraid that I'm gonna be taken down into the catacombs underneath Mount Vernon after seeing the movie, and that's not an option, that's not a thing. Do you get. You do get to see a little part of the underground because it's kind of how his grave is set up there. But like there's there's not catacombs, right, The best part is the tunnels underneath the Mount Vernon, the catacombs, if you will, which we've seen in this documentary National Treasure too. They lean out to the lake and one of the best fishing spots you can have right there. What's a river? Yeah, right, there were great the potomacare of the just park your boat right there. And yeah, it's really not set up like that.
Speaker 2: Like you can go walk to the water's edge, and when you get to the back of the house where they have where they all kind of our party, and you can see that. But that's not the thing there. But it's pretty wide open right there. There's really not even trees. Just boom, there you are in the river. The grass basically goes all the way down to the river.
Speaker 1: Where do you even go from there? Like, because wah, no, I mean like after the National Treasure too, what's okay? Is there a third one? I don't think there no.
Speaker 2: I think once they figured out that there was also catacombs under all the president's faces filled with money, Just where.
Speaker 1: Do you go? Like, we're gonna kidnap the pope. Hey, nobody's done it yet.
Speaker 2: Else we got a new pope who speaks English, so you won't even have to dub.
Speaker 1: You just play him. Man, you break it. He's like, what are you doing? Why does he sound like ma? Why is he what does he sound like Mario? He's in Italy but he's from Chicago. Yeah, but he's in Italy, so the accent sort of takes over eventuo.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know if that works like that, are you doing the hand thing? Yes, of course you can't. You do it without the hand thing to media Mario. Right, we almost had what was the one guy who was almost pope?
Speaker 1: He had an amazing name. What was that? What was the other dude's name, Veto Sarducci or something like that. It was something crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh what was it? Hold on, oh, finalists like it's like it's American idol. Uh what was the other guy that? This guy had a great name? Well, the guy from a was Matteo Zuppi. Oh yeah, no, it was pir Bautista Pizza Bala. We always had a Pope Pizza Bala. That's a guy who plays basketball and enjoys pizza. I guess I don't know, but we didn't get that. We got Francis Privos from Chicago instead of Pope Pizza Bala, which you have to pronounce like it's the Mario thing.
Speaker 1: So there you go. And I'm assuming that dude's from Italy, right.
Speaker 2: Well, technically he's the Pope of Jerusalem or excuse me, the Cardinal of Jerusalem, but is originally from Italy. Do you imagine you last name is Pizza Bala and you're from like Chile or something. No, that's a strong Italian name right there. Well anyway, and you knew how we got off on the same Oh yeah, So I watched this movie and it was which I hate to see because I like me some John Krasinski. He was even good in the uh, the horror flick too that he did with his actual wife Emily Blunt there which she the Monsters who Get You with the sound That was good.
Speaker 1: That was it was. That was a good movie. He's been doing got him. He was in the Jack Ryan Show, right, did that show? And then yeah, it's been doing a lot of voiceover work. He did a voiceover for Pixar in Monsters University. And he was also in that Ryan Reynolds film where they're the Imaginary Friends. He voiced one of those.
Speaker 2: That's okay, all right. I just hate to see it because I enjoy watching him and stuff. And I feel like they probably threw so much money at this thing and brought on all these big names, so to have it not work probably not good. But I thought Krazinsky and Natalie Portman were fine. I just think whoever wrote their characters was like, you're not even gonna do any character structuring. We're just gonna have insane things happen the whole movie and people will think it's national treasure.
Speaker 1: Well, the fact is now we know for a fact, right Dwight made Jim Okay, I've decided to hijack this segment, if that's okay. Chicago did the weekend holiday? I don't know if you have plans or anything for this segment. Did you have something that you know? Really nothing is planned here. Yeah, So anyway, Marky and I are expecting our second child a bit congratulation, a baby boy in late November.
Speaker 2: Have you figured out which pro sports team you want him to be the first pick overall with?
Speaker 1: Probably the Buffalo Bills. But okay, all right, in all honesty, we have had and you know this, and you haven't said anything. We've had two years of amazing ups and downs. We have suffered four miscarriages in the span of two years. And we have known this for about three months now. We just found out the gender the other day we took Lincoln. It was a great experience.
Speaker 2: By the way, you all are finding out the gender at the same time. I am yes, right, because he's very close to his best Yes, and so I knew you guys went for the sonogram and that was it.
Speaker 1: We've been waiting though, because we've had so many problems in the past few years, and it's been there's certain days where I've come in here where you know, you knew Mark he was pregnant, and then you find out that you know, we lost it, and it's like those days I just couldn't even speak because you're at such a low place. But God's timing is absolutely perfect, and we are now twelve thirteen weeks along. We found out it is gonna be a boy. We took Lincoln to the ultrasound and we're so excited I cannot even I announced it to our vip twitch people on Sunday and I couldn't even get through the segment without crying. So hopefully I can do that. I like turned into Glenn Beck and I was like almost like sobbing because we're so happy about everything. But we'd take Lincoln to the ultrasound and he was so adamant. He did not want a sister. He did not want a sister at all. So he's sitting there and he's trying to, you know, understand like how he's looking at the baby. They had a screen up there, you know, you're the doctor's putting this thing and mommy's tummy and he's just sitting there and he's adam. He does not want a sister, and he just keeps going, does it have a wiener? Does it have a wiener? And then the doctor is laughing and she finally tells him. She goes, look what I see? I see a wiener? And Lincoln gets so excited. He is like shaking and he's pacing the room. He's like, it's really a boy. It's really a boy. It's really a boy. So this is gonna be it is. We see it as an absolute blessing. We are incredibly happy, and yeah, late November is when we're expecting. Was there a reason he was adamant that where he wanted to I have no idea, but he's super excited to share like all his favorite things with it. And we've been having him talk to Marky's stomach every day, tell you know, tell the baby something new every day and he keeps telling the baby about like you video games and.
Speaker 2: Is going to know so much about Michael Jackson comes out of the womb, right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's the big news that we for about Dratsman for about three months. And like I said, we were just being very you know, after everything we've been through. So we're so excited now. So yeah, late November, baby boy coming. You're also going to get this baby laser, which means yes, but anyway, good today, I am declaring, like the Chicago mayor declaring Africa Day on I'm a moral day. I'm declaring this day Tuesday, March twenty seventh, Hayes plus one day, which means I now get the day off. She's got a four day weekend. Yes, have a great show.
Speaker 2: Well no, no, no, no, no, well hold on no, once the baby is born plus one today, right, but it's not plus one yet, that's gonna have to be another holiday.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I'm gonna have to take all December off, so we already take half of it off, all right. So have you formed management of this yet or just put it into the system and I'm just gonna assume it's gonna get you know, they can't say no, right.
Speaker 2: Ah, Well I sound like Chewbacca here. Yeah, yeah, he probably could, but I'm here for that, all right.
Speaker 1: So you said late late November you know, Yeah, I mean it's one of these things where it's a it's a it's a thing that really keeps I mean, it keeps the most parents up at night, like what's going to happen to your children when you pass away? Right? Right? And I'm still I give myself about one hundred twenty years probably will be my life span. Okay, one hundred and twenty. I keep keeping shape. I eat twenty eggs every morning, so I'm thinking, like Old Testament Abraham Moses, around one hundred and twenty okay, at the minimum. But that being said, I'm not going to be here forever, and Marky's not going to be here forever. And one thing that keeps us up at night is really the stress of who's going to take care of our child or be there or know about our son, because you know, he's gonna have to have somebody at least with him his entire life, and it's a matter of at least now there's some sort of like we wanted him to have a siblings so bad, so when we pass away, at least there's somebody there that's going to care for him.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: That's a much different connection for Lincoln being a family member than even just teachers he likes or things like that. All right, so so late late November is is the target? Is there an exact day or do they not target?
Speaker 1: The exact day? Believe is November twenty ninth. Okay, so you could have a Thanksgiving baby yeah, oh Lincoln so excited to share Christmas with the baby too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, get kids can know all about inflatables and stuff just right out of the womb.
Speaker 1: Be amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, congratulations from me, second only to your twitch twitch followers. That's right, yep, yeah, funding out there, you're assuming your vip twitch.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's a velvet rope thing, man. You know you're not part of it, unfortunately, So.
Speaker 2: If you went in all the hot announcements, this is not at all the marketing segment on top of everything else.
Speaker 1: So I'm not one for self promotion. Hay, No, no you're not. That's that's all right.
Speaker 2: Well seven fourteen there, and I'm sure you'll keep everyone up to speed man what's going on? And I'm assuming Marky's super excited to get all pregnant again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a bit. But some women enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Some women don't, but they enjoy the aftermath obviously, so I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how she vibes with that stuff. So a Marky's been super happy, like I said, everything we've gone through the past few years. It's just is this her way of getting out of preparing dinner. I think she's going to have to prepare extra dinner if oh, okay, all right, well don't tell for that chick from the Atlantic, I'll probably throw her for a tizzy there.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, uh, I will let me do this because I don't want to. I don't want to cram in other stories. Uh with this, uh, with this exciting announcement. So I will get to the insane Massachusetts senator coming up here in just a few minutes, and we'll just leave this segment for what it is. Okay, all right, and you can send all your baby gifts to the station or whatever. So because you know, what do they call that? What do they what do they call those presents? Push presents?
Speaker 1: Right? No, No, the baby Registry on Amazon or I think we have one on Amazon and Target. So I will share that like.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now. Does the baby really need a lambo that it's important?
Speaker 1: Man? Yes, then, but they can't. Babies can't even drive. Man, it's a lambo for my children. Oh so the ones for the kids. This is for your kid. Yeah, the charity, you know, the previous charity, the Hayes for shaff Lambo for the children. It's evolved into the Hayes for Sheriff Lambeau for his children. And I mean it's a natural evolution of the charity.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, start, wait, hold on, hold on lightsaber? What why does a baby need a light staber defense defending itself?
Speaker 1: It's a cricket a baby. Man would be a cool world out there, man, bad people out there. No, it can't. Very scary stuff. Did you know they now make Marky was showing me this. Don't say baby lightsabers? No. So you know, Lincoln is thirteen now and the time has gone by so fast, like a blink of an eye. And that's really how fast time works. So even thinking about, you know, having a second sheold it's like, well, I have nothing else to do. What else am I doing? Nothing? We'll try to, you know, raise somebody good for this plan and do some good and contribute in some way. Plus plus you hate sleep, Yes, I mean only sleep four or five hours a day anyway, so there's no difference. But you know, there's also a population issue. So now we're contributing to that which we're helping save humanity. You're welcome, that's right.
Speaker 2: I don't have kids, so you're doing this on everyone's behalf.
Speaker 1: In in the span of thirteen years, there's already been so much progress in what like baby stuff and kids stuff. They now have little Carrig dispensers, Carrig machines for baby formulas. Yeah, and I just think about things evolved, like back when we were a kid. Like I didn't realize this. You know, I have two sisters they are ten years eight and ten years older than me. And when there were babies, baby wipes did not exist, the baby wipes, and just think of it. It's just you know, it's wet wipes you used to wipe. Yeah, they did not exist. You would take paper towels and you would wipe them, or you would just you know, you would pressure wash them. Right, Yeah, Like think about that baby wipes. That's how fast things evolve.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't you can't pressure wash babies anymore.
Speaker 1: Powerwashing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can hire somebody off, how I see, Well, there's some guys who do it for YouTube stuff.
Speaker 1: They just go and volunteer to pressure wash stuff.
Speaker 2: And the person's always super suss as to why they're they're wanting to mow their lawn or pressure wash their driveway for no money.
Speaker 1: They just assume it's a scam. But no, those people exist.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, the baby wipes, I have to go back to the baby carrig They come with even smaller little single use coffee pods.
Speaker 1: Or I'm not sure. I don't know. I don't think it can take coffee pods. I don't know. Maybe they're designed differently, but it's so super somebody's gonna have to purchase it. For the baby registries. You can find out. Even the bacinets are are different now and like a span of thirteen years, where like they move by themselves and they you know they let's face it.
Speaker 2: When we were kids, you could your baby could sleep on.
Speaker 1: Top of a wood chipper, right, yeah, But I mean this was the thing before we got Lincoln's autism diagnosis. He was uh, it was really hard. He never slept. First off, he would and he would wake up like every like ten minutes and we had this. Now it's like old time of this old timey vibrator thing that would go on the this the bacinet and would vibrate the basinet but with this music. But the thing is it would die because it was like a wind up thing and it would die like after like twenty minutes. So he would sleep for twenty minutes and as soon as it ended, you wake up simulate. Yeah, he would wake up. And now you have these things that'll just go the entire time. It's just nuts. Yeah, we really didn't have all the cool baby stuff. We're kids, man, we got It's crazy. It's crazy. What's We had? Baby wipes though, so that's good, like.
Speaker 2: And and lightsabers and and lambos for kids. So that's uh, what what progress we have made?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Seven eighteen? Uh, there you go. Cac O Day Radio program hang On.
Speaker 1: I did send out a picture and a tweet on the show account at Casey and the Radio on X on Twitter whatever you want to call it. Yeah, it's an ultrasound pick there. Yeah, the ultrasound pick. And this baby nailed the profile pick like the the like nailed it, like absolute legend. Look at that.
Speaker 2: That's a personal baby. But the second his thumb, right, you know what, baby, And that's.
Speaker 1: Like straight like he nailed blue steel, you know what I mean, like zulander stuff. Right, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: It was a little foot kicked up there. And I trust the doctors, but I've never seen an ultrasouner like that's his uh, that's his male part there. I mean, I believe they know what they're looking at, but I don't know because that looks like a whole leg man, So I'm assuming that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, once again, I'm not a doctor. I'm not a doctor, but that's what they said.
Speaker 2: So right, yeah, baby, baby's packing or whatever. But the thumb, the thumb, the thumb in the mouth pose is straight, baby.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely perfect. Yeah, good stuff. So I h ross Rechi.
Speaker 2: It's on his account, but he retweeted on the show accounts to go to at Casey on the radio or you go to Shays for sheriff uh and check out the uh the first I wouldn't be a selfie, but the first baby photo there he is a straight baby pose.
Speaker 1: So check that out. All right, hold on, let me grab a call here real quick. Uh, yes, Dona, what's up, good.
Speaker 8: Morning, Casey to graduate Ross of course, and uh you know, I mean if all of Chicago can have an Africa Day, you definitely need to give him an expecting Father's day.
Speaker 2: Off or Ross plus one day or whatever. Hayes plus one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, got it off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think the start a start a movement case plus one.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 8: And the other thing you guys are just talking about, Oh my god, just totally escape me.
Speaker 1: Oh the picture and.
Speaker 8: But yeah, okay, well I want just wanted to mention about the picture.
Speaker 5: What would be really cool if you could get somebody to put a little cowboy hat on him?
Speaker 1: Like he's wearing wearing a Bill's jersey, so oh.
Speaker 5: Well, a cowboy hat and he's ready for glid.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how the table got in the womb, but I mean he's a true fan. It looks like his wife.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, so when I actually.
Speaker 2: What I do at the delivery with that don if you don't know, they actually have a little tiny folding table that they put right under the mother.
Speaker 1: The first thing just smashes it all right, right, yeah that's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's not on fire. So people are worried about it's they're not crazy.
Speaker 8: But Mark, you might have something to say about the doctor dropping the baby on the table.
Speaker 1: Well, texting you, she'd be the one dropping the baby on the.
Speaker 5: Table, so technically she might not. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, anyway, when I when I raised mine, there were no baby wipes.
Speaker 1: You just pressure wiped them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I had a had a baby bedet.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can do or you can dip them in the river. But and but be careful if you hold their ankle while they're doing it, because one day it could be their down.
Speaker 8: Is that what your mother did with you?
Speaker 2: No, it's but Achilles, mom did that? Look what happened?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, congratulations mister Hayes and missus Hayes. I'm very happy for you, are you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you guys have had name discussion. But that'll be for posts. Yeah, that's gonna be for We're not gonna announce that till the baby's born. But you'll tell you'll tell me first, right, uh? Probably not? Probably not?
Speaker 2: May I mean obviously you tell your family first, but non family then.
Speaker 1: We're not telling anybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, Well you have to tell the like the hospital, right because they put it on the burst of yeah, I mean sure, sure, okay, all right, so there to answer your question hurts, It's it's premature for that.
Speaker 1: I could give you like a decoy name, though.
Speaker 2: You could, you want to make it extra ridiculous. So it turns into will they or won't they? Kind of going back to our previous discussion there, So are you gonna go you stick with the presidential theme though.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're thinking about it, but probably not like Grover were, because we're you know, we have We've had people throw out like ideas and stuff, and I'm sure Marky's sister was like, how about taft. We're like, we're not naming the baby after the president that was so fatty get stuck in the bath. Yeah, that's it does not.
Speaker 2: Promote a healthy lifestyle right there. But Grover, right, that's got that's I mean, that is that that is a top tier muppet. I mean over yeah, yeah at that going for you as well?
Speaker 1: Or Chester? Right, Chester is a good one. I don't like Chester either. You can't have some awesome mutton chops. Right. I was thinking about it too, like when Lincoln was born, you know, thirteen years ago. God time goes by so fast. Yeah, I wasn't like I was a completely different person.
Speaker 2: Then show what we got we kind of the current show concoction started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like I still wasn't used to the morning schedule because I had been doing nights for so long top friv Music nights, and I was used to going to bed at like two three in the morning. You get backing up at like four in the afternoon. I was eighty five pounds overweight. I had a huge drinking problem. I'm just everything seems like the timing seems really perfect. Like and I know, I know, for one, I know that we're a lot wiser and Lincoln has taught us incredible patience, and like, I think we're both much better people now because of Lincoln. Like I really think God put Lincoln in a lot. You can hear how excited you. Yeah, I think God put Lincoln in our lives to work on our own character and it make us better people. And I think we are and think we're much more prepared for baby number two now, not to say we're not going to be tired, but I mean physically, mentally, spiritually, I think I'm in a much better place now, and it's it's very popular now. You know, first off, Marky's like seven years younger than me, so she's gonna be fine. But I'm you know, I'm forty five. I'm forty five. Let's be nice here, right, And I mean and a buck Sexton just had a kid and he's like forty three, and I mean he's never gone through it before, so I'm sure he's going to be like, you know, it's going to be like, you know, whiplash or whatever. Completely shocking how it is. But I think, you know, what else do I have to do? That's what I was like, with the rest of my life? What else do I have to do? Sit in my ass, play video games, watch TV? Maybe travel? What the hell is that? I would much rather spend the time doing something that's completely worthwhile, like raising a good person for the world.
Speaker 2: Well you can do all those things with that person too, yes, oh completely, yeah, No, you have all that experience.
Speaker 1: So yeah, taking the kid to Disney for the first time, yeah, in my experience. And I mean I'm just talking for myself. I can't talk for other people. But the greatest things I ever did which put my life on an upswing was marriage and having children. Yeah, yeah, definitely, I recommend.
Speaker 2: It enough, definitely core focused there for the last two years as part of the last two years. The last few years is part of what has been a fundamental change too. So it's interesting too that you're acquainting yourself with the Bible right now too, right because some would say there are some good lessons in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm going to tell you a story, and I don't care if you believe me or not. I've told this to a few people, so okay, eighty four days ago, I did decide for some reason, I just woke up and this is this is before I knew that Marky was pregnant. I woke up and I decided that I was going to read the Bible. And I said, I'm just going to read it, just to read. I felt like it was something I was supposed to do, like it's something that was given to me to do. And like I said, I've changed and working myself so much. You know, I'm six years so I've gone from being an atheist to being a believer because he answered my prayer to help me with my sobriety. I've lost all this weight, in the best shape of my life. But so, like I said, this, this is tough for me to talk about because like certain things like this is like a real thing. This isn't like a joke, This isn't like this is like super That's why I brought this up. Super real for me. So we had gone through two years of miscarriages, four of them total, and it was you know, you start reading the Bible for some reason, I just started reading it and you see this. Let me breathe. You see this sort of trend in the story from the very beginning where you have these classic matriarchs belonging. And I'm not gonna go on like a huge diatribe here, but just quick summation. Right, you have the family line of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and what you see here is a constant story of matriarchs who have a hard time conceiving children. And the lesson here is that God, if you have a birth, or if you have life, it has to it gets permission from God. So all of these matriarchs are blessed with children, and the lesson learned is that you know, God is responsible for that life. They're like they're gifts. So Marky comes in, right, let me find this I took a screenshot of this. I've shared this with a few people and I don't care if you believe me or not, and I don't. I have not told you this. No, this is this is all new to me. Let me find it. It's my phone, Okay. So Marky comes in and she gives me the news, and I'm doing my daily reading, and I'm an Exodus and as Marky says that she's pregnant, this is what I'm reading. It's Exodus twenty three, one thirty three whatever, none shall miscarry or be barren in your land. I will fulfill the number of your days. That's what I'm reading. When she comes in at the moment Yes comes in, Yes, I was so blown away that I took a screenshot of it, and I'm like, no one's gonna believe me. I believe you, man, I believe you. And I said to Mario, we were so concerned about her having another miscarriage. And I'm reading this line, none shall miscarry or be barren in your land. I said to her, I said, you don't have to worry. It's meant to be this time, it's completely meant to be. We have nothing to worry. About she just turned you just literally show her the thing on the screen. Yeah, this is what I'm reading right now. And I've just been reading all these stories with these matriarchs who are having a heart time conceiving or being barren suddenly being able to concede because their gifts from God. And that's the point. So, I mean, yeah, I'm a different person than i've been, but I think for the better. And I'm sorry you can't that is that's either like a huge coincidence or that is a message. And I choose to believe that it's a message.
Speaker 2: No, especially when you consider all the other things that are not only within the Bible, but within the Book of Exodus going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, it's kind of a busy book, so to speak. But I really I read the line and I said to Mark, you said, we have nothing to worry about. This one's gonna this one? Is it? That's so cool? Man? Yeah, so weird. It's so weird. Absolutely, So did do you? Did you post that out too? Or are you just telling people that No, I've told you right now. Yeah, I mean I've told a few people that I've told I have a pastor friend that lives in Fateville. I told him, I told who else I told Harbinger and uh, I think I don't know. I think one or two people. I got you, but I told you.
Speaker 2: What was your mom's thoughts when you toldne maybe not this, but just the baby.
Speaker 1: And my mom is super excited. But she's concerned for Marky, like she's really concerned. Oh yeah, yeah, okay, because she knows of like you know, past issues. So I'm just concerned about the health of everybody involved. But she's so happy to I can.
Speaker 2: Imagine Lincoln dude. Absolutely, man, that's dude. That's a great story within a story too. So all the all the funny laser jokes and all that aside that it was just the power of all of that.
Speaker 1: I'm having a hard time even discussing it because, like I said, it means so much to me. Like I can talk about anything, and I can make jokes about anything, but when I like feel serious and real about something, I get to anxiety. Man, I get like breathing issues because I get so sea.
Speaker 2: Especially with everything that you guys have gone through. So all right, well, look by all means man, people are gonna want to hear every bit of it. So like shoehorn that baby stuff in any time, man, because I think it also I think it also brings other people joy even though they're not you know, it's not their baby, so to speak. They get to live vicariously through a lot of stuff we do on the radio, and it's such a positive message. Like especially when you were just explaining about reading scripture. Literally, that is so on point.
Speaker 1: It's so it's so ridiculous that, I mean, I can't help but think that that's like a that's meant to be.
Speaker 2: Dude, I can't argue with you again, of all the moments within the Bible to be reading when that happens with everything that goes on.
Speaker 1: There, right, And it's like a main theme through Genesis in the earlier books. I mean, this is the main thing. It's just it was meant to be. There's a reason that I woke up one day randomly and said, I'm going to read the entire Bible.
Speaker 2: There is let me let me bring a racetagic into this. H from the weather channel. So he's said standing around there, Russell braggers again. So I don't know if you're listening to this, No, well he's not.
Speaker 1: His wife is so baby number two coming in November. Nice and the congratulations. He's already like a photo hog, like right, this, this ultrasound photo is perfect. He's struck like a zoolander, thumb in the mouth, pose like it's just perfectly give.
Speaker 9: Us baby, like no problem, got it right, just automatic, right, so just right.
Speaker 1: I just hope he's not full like the baby. We don't know. We're not finding out. Boy boy. Yeah, let's hope something you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, no, but cakes man or another bills to deal with, right, h.
Speaker 1: Overall first round pick for the building. Yes, let's work on that. Let's work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's already ready, he's in there actually yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, awesome, that's good. That's nice you doing. You're just making a rain everywhere.
Speaker 9: So yeah, don't see much in them. That's exactly what I'm looking at. Five day totals through Sunday morning one to maybe three inches four inches. I don't think we go a day over the next four or five days with at least some rain around the weekend does look nice though. Temperatures will be cool today, only in the sixties because of the wedge kind of the east breeze. And we got this rain pushing through now now most of it's light, but coming into the triangle as we speak and try. I'd seen some moderate to heavier showers and better than this batch, and we may get a break at times today, but still it's going to be damp and cool, as I said, only in the sixties, with a breeze and some RUMs of thunder. More rain tonight and tomorrow may taper off just a bit as we go through the day to more scattered rain, and still Thursday Friday chances of showers thunders, and then finally if we get into the weekend, looks real nice, back into the eighties. So let's hang on here, deal with what's going to be a fairly damp week. Each day, as I'd mentioned, some rain around. It'll start getting milder by tomorrow. After today, closer to eighty tomorrow most of us in the upper seventies, and then Thursday Friday near eighty, and then the weekend maybe mid to upper eighties and mostly sunny, and that sunshine could last into early next week. So we get into June Sunday, first day of Atlantic hurricane season, the weather does look pretty nice longer range, you know, one of the models, the American model of course down the road, trying to develop something in the Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 1: But it does that.
Speaker 9: Let's just remind everybody the GFS or the American model during hurricane season, always long range, you're talking beyond ten days, always tries to develop something. And to me, it's just a little reminder that, hey, we're heading towards hurricane season. Noah came out with their prediction last week, also predicting a sixty percent chance of an above average season. So let's hope we don't have much of any.
Speaker 2: Impact on a hog so much of the year for this, I know you guys get what made October that feels a little greedy?
Speaker 9: Well, East Pac East Pac May fifteenth. The predictions come out obviously before June first, but June first too, Yes, they ended the webbers the official Atlantic Hurricane season.
Speaker 1: Moore, you guys are hogging all the days. Sorry, right over the middle. I don't make the rules. I don't make the rules. Gravyre gravy training.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you about sir doing pr all right, coming up on the show. All right, I have to do the Matthewstts Senator. I think because that's just so insane. We'll chat with Cassie Clark coming up at eight oh five about cyberstocking and swatting and all the horribleness you hear about. Also, nothing says we're totally on your level and know how to deal with you. Then having to spend twenty million dollars to figure out how to talk to dudes. But those are the Democrat parties and they're.
Speaker 1: Kind of proud of it, and I'm going to save.
Speaker 2: Him like twenty million more because they're probably gonna want to do other studies because I think I think I figured out what the problem is.
Speaker 1: So yes, Joe Anne, what's up?
Speaker 5: Well, the first thing is is that if you don't give Ross the day off because he's going to be a need daddy, I'm going to come over there and who you.
Speaker 1: Ass I'm not. I don't control any of this.
Speaker 5: I don't care. Pull the strengths, do whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: There's no strings to pull. We don't there's no I think Joe Anne brings up a good point.
Speaker 2: I bet you do. Yeah, and then all of a sudden, you're going to go They're going to turn into the duggers. You're never going to be here.
Speaker 1: I wanted.
Speaker 5: The reason I called. The reason I called was I want it real quick, if I can just to farm his miracle. And I just want to say I've been in recovery for thirty two years from my addiction, and I got got smacked and really weird. But shortly after I got into recovery, my best friend had a friend who I've never met, hadn't met. She was only like twenty four years old, and she got cancer and it was so bad that they were going to have to do this major procedure on her called the Whipple procedure. And I heard that and that just broke my heart and I started really just praying for her every day, multiple times. The dad just prayed for her. So my best friend went to the hospital with her and her husband for the surgery, and she promised me she would call me as soon as she got out. So the surgery was like nine am, and at nine forty five, my friend rang and it was my best friend and I said, oh my god, you're already calling me because it's supposed to be like an eight hour procedure and she said jah. I said, what's going on? She said, well, they got in there and she said there's no cancer. So I just wanted to do a farm Ross's miracle because she, as far as I know to this day, is one never had a return of cancer. And hang on to that miracle off because I happened all the time.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll work on the other thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, thank you sir. All right, God Glass, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank very much for the call there.
Speaker 2: So so make sure Roskeet stays off. And another very positive story.
Speaker 1: I don't forget to pray yep. But more importantly, the day off talk to management, gotcha? Okay, get right on that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's funny that people think that like there are strings to pull for either of us around here.
Speaker 1: But okay, I mean they barely give us holidays off, you know, like well you know, you know. It was actually got me nervous.
Speaker 2: Is this is the first, like Memorial Day that you or I haven't been asked if we're taking the day off management.
Speaker 1: Same exact thing on Saturday. I was like, they didn't because typically on a holiday, for some reason, they ask us if we're going to take the holiday off.
Speaker 2: Even if it's a company holiday, which we don't. You're in advance. Yeah, it's a calendar. Are you taking Christmas off? Like, yeah, it's a company holiday. Of course, I'm thinking about it. Yeah, And nobody mentioned Memorial Day. So I was waiting to get.
Speaker 1: A call on the Monday miltdown. Yeah, like where are you guys? Yeah, dude, the same exact.
Speaker 2: I almost texted you on it, but I didn't want to jinx in uh, and I wanted to talk about something that way too often happens as part of various stories that I've covered over the years, when people who are free to disagree with each other decide they're going to go ahead and take it up a notch, and it manifests in very dangerous situations which have literally gotten people killed.
Speaker 1: Where words and debate and uh, you know, normal human discussion which can get heated at times but still needs to really stay there within the uh, the realm of words then gets escalated to these these these situations where somebody says, oh, well, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna I'm gonna send a swat team to somebody's house, and the swat.
Speaker 2: Team's going to have incorrect information. They're going to be very heightened because they think they're there to deal with something that they're not there to deal with, and one misunderstanding, one wrong move can have deadly consequences, as we've seen manifest in there is an incident in Ohio where somebody was literally killed, and there have been others, and we call it swatting, but it's part of a larger issue. And to discuss that larger issue is Cassie Clark, who she's got some opinions online. You've probably seen her at the Dogwood Blooms is her Twitter handle, but usually it manifests around pizza and the pronunciation of certain nuts that go into dessert pies, but sometimes it goes beyond that, and she was actually testifying at the General Assembly here about a week ago. So Cassie, good morning to you. How are you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: But I also nobody's ever sent a swat team to my house, So there's that.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Now, when you're when you're online, you're debating somebody over mustard or vinegar based barbecue or pecan pecan pronunciations, which, by the way, which is it.
Speaker 5: It's p p can.
Speaker 2: Okay, you never thought a pecan person needed a swat team at.
Speaker 1: Their house, right, that's never they just need educated.
Speaker 2: So but we've seen, especially as it surrounded a lot of like the Heleene debate, we've seen some pretty high profile incidents with people who've played a big part of that discussion, people like Matt van Swoall and various others. So talk about some of the incidents that we've seen here lately and why you were called to the capitol essentially to to talk to elected officials.
Speaker 7: So over the past year, I myself have been cyrus thought multiple times. And we all know what it's like to deal with a troll, right Like, usually they'll throw out a few you know, nasty con and then you block them and they go away. But that's not always the case. And I personally have been cyberstalked on three different occasions, and one of those was by an extreme left group, another time was by an extreme right group. And now I have an individual who has relentlessly targeted me for over a year, and to me, that's just absolutely insane. And what's even worse is a lot of these attacks are unsolding because I'm not overly political. My focus is culture and occasionally I address issues that intersect with politics, because politics stems from culture, right, and so the harassment that I face is always consistently driven by political motives. In one of these instances, private discussions were had about how to deal with me. Participants in that discussion were sending me screenshots of what was going on in these private I've had my business paperwork leaked online, just all kinds of crazy things that I've experienced. And some of these people who've gone after me what makes it even worse. One of them was a former North Carolina Democrat candidate and a pack owner who was spreading lives about me to intimidate and harass me. Right now, there's a North Carolina district vice chair who is engaging in similar tactics about me. And these individuals wheeled real power, and they're targeting North Carolina citizens. And so after hearing about Matt van Swald, there was actually a guy who was shot during the swatting incident in Cherokee County. And after all of this, I decided I can't put up with it anymore, like this is not okay. And so I went to Raleigh and I sat down with some of our reps and I let them know what was going on, because if they don't do something, this is just to escalate.
Speaker 1: Well, and so let me let me start with the what do they do?
Speaker 2: Because I think a lot of us look at the swatting where they send a swat team to the house and people.
Speaker 1: Go, well, the swat team should know that's not.
Speaker 2: Real, and yeah, I think it's definitely on their radar that it's not real. But when they get a call and that somebody's saying that they just murdered their spouse or they murdered their kids, and now they're hold up and they're going to murder the kids now, or they're going to murder the spouse whoever was not previously murdered. Police are going to roll on that, right because they don't want an incident where they ignore it and then God forbid something happen. So people will go, well, yeah, they should know, but also what do you want them to do? And I guess my question is in an incident like that, how do you how do you think police should handle it? Knowing that if they just blow them off, eventually they're going to ignore something bad. But simultaneously there's the possibility homeowner doesn't understand who's outside their door screaming at him. They grab a firearm, just thinking they need to protect themselves and before the police they can identified it's the police. Something bad happened. So where where is the line there? What do you think departments need to do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 7: I definitely think that we need harsh punishment for that, right because to me, that's a tempted murder. And so when I went I actually went to the magistrate over one of these instances where I've been harassed, and I.
Speaker 5: Let them know, hey, I'm being harassed.
Speaker 7: I went through the entire thing, get to the very end, and he's like, well, we can press charges, but this person has gone to the court in five different counties here in North Carolina and gotten away with it every single time. And so that shocked me. And he was like, you can press charges, but if you do, chances are they're going to win and they're going to have even more of your information. Do you really want that out there? And so I elected not to. But I also went to the police department and I let them know, hey, I'm finding myself in this situation. I have friends who are having you know, PISA consistently sent to their houses, they've been swatted. I want to let you guys know what's going on, so hopefully we can come up with a plan if someone tries to do this to me. And I was told that there was nothing that they could do.
Speaker 2: Well, explain the pizza things. People hear the like, why is Cassie mad about free pizza?
Speaker 1: But it's not about the stuff. It's not right, it's not free.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, First of all, it's not free pizza. People are sending pizza to other people's houses and sometimes this.
Speaker 5: Will go on for hours.
Speaker 7: They'll call all the different pizza delivery places in the town that will deliver to a specific address. They don't pay for it, and so you're hurting the business and hurting the homeowner because really the intention of that is to send a message, hey, we know where you live, right, And so they will send these over and over again for days at a time. And that's the whole point behind it, right, is to intimidate people. And really the whole purpose of all of this is to intimidate people into silence. That's what these groups are trying to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and doing it is worse for women.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 7: So statistically speaking, this type of thing happens to women at a higher rate, So more than fifty percent of the people who are stalked are women. I am personally, you know, hillbilly, so I think that I handle it a little bit better than some others.
Speaker 5: My instinct is to fight back.
Speaker 7: And I married a great guy who is all about looking out for me and protecting our family. But yeah, I think that for us, especially if you have something like me. I have PPSD, and so it can be stressful. I mean, I've had to go back to the doctor and get put back on meds. And I was doing great. I had stopped taking my meds before interviews, and I had stopped using it for spaces. I was in a really good place, and then all of this happened, and now all of a sudden, I'm going through the pts the motions again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, uh, it's one thing when the person's in the country, like you're talking about. And by the way, I don't even know who this's congressional candidates, and it's probably one of three names that are in my head right now because there's some there's some doozies that are former candidates who we've had on this show.
Speaker 1: Who are just insane. And but that.
Speaker 2: Being said, it's one thing when the person's here, let alone in North Carolina, but even in the US because a lot of time, a lot of these swatting incidents, it's somebody over in like Ukraine or something, or you know, and there's a sheer impossibility. So it blows me away that, like, you can not only identify who this person is, but you can provide examples, and there's nothing to go with. So the lawmakers who are sympathetic to this, what do they think needs to be done?
Speaker 7: So I'm not sure what roads they're going to go down in order to solve this problem.
Speaker 5: But the response I.
Speaker 7: Got was incredible and it was bipartisan, which is even better. So they're currently aware of the issues and they're interested in doing something about it. And so I have spoken to a lobbyist who focuses on domestic violence, and of course stalking falls under domestic violence, and she has been absolutely incredible, and she is offered to be the middle man and go between for me and you know, our representatives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, it's one thing to be sympathetic. We just saw an incident too where you know a lot of it gets into the dog whistle stuff, and we saw what happened up in DC. I'm sure you're aware of last week we had two people murdered at this event at the Jewish Museum up there. And then everyone wants to pretend like there's not vitriol out there that may have contributed to something like this. Do you think the vitriol played in I'm mean asking you to get a little political here, but this is what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Do you think.
Speaker 2: Vitriol within the debate over Israel Gaza was a contributing factor to that shooting? In your opinion, even in a layman's opinion, doubt?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 7: Without a doubt?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: I mean every day right it Truly, some of the things that I've seen online have shocked me. I guess that was kind of naive before I got on X and started getting big. I never would have believed that there were people who truly were anti Semites, Like I had no idea that was out there until I started seeing it online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so you see that, and you see the cold the contribution to that, but which you don't see are people that are willing to go all right, we got to tone down the rhetoric. Instead, we'll wait for somebody like Sarah Palin to put a congressional map out and be like this is the end, all, this is the worst. Or Trump says something or a Democrat says something, and and and then people are like, all right, well, you know anything, there's no rules, anything goes and I can go ahead and hit around the edges. But when it actually comes to fruition, like there's no introspection on this. I didn't see anyone else and and people could correct me if I'm wrong, Like I didn't see people going, you know what, maybe college cans, you know, the burning of the Jews in effigy, Maybe that doesn't have a place here. So how do you walk that fine line between people are entitled to have opinions on what's going on between Israel and Gaza, and they're titled to have opinions on how pecan pacan is pronounced. They're titled to have opinions on anything. So you don't want to stifle the ability to do that. So we have to figure out, okay, well, when does even have an opinion that may give permission to somebody else to go ahead and do one of these things even if yourself are not doing it. How do you crack down on that without styming free speech?
Speaker 7: I think I'll like the libertarian stance on this, and their stance is when you cross over into harming someone else, that there is the point that.
Speaker 2: Right, But what if I just go, well, if somebody else did get harmed, they kind of have it coming, but I'm not going to harm them, because I think that's a lot of people's take where they're not actually going to go out and do it, but they'll say things like, you know, wouldn't it be cool if somebody did do this to Cassie and and I think that's where you start waiting into dangerous territory.
Speaker 5: I think at that.
Speaker 7: Point you're in some cases you're probably inciting violence, right. I mean, for me, I have no problem. If you, you know, are screaming into the void talking ugly about me, feel free. I've probably had worse said.
Speaker 5: About me, right.
Speaker 7: I think the point comes is when my business paperwork was leaked and I realized, oh.
Speaker 5: My gosh, this person is.
Speaker 7: Actually trying to see something bad done to me. That was the point for me where I was like, Okay, this is crossing into a territory where we're no longer talking about free speech. We're talking about you're trying to put out information that could lead to me being swatted. You're putting out information where I could be stalked in real life and I have kids at home. I mean that's completely unacceptable. Now you're walking that fine line of this is no longer just free speech. This is you putting out information where you're hoping someone is going to harm me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I hear you there.
Speaker 2: But what was First of all, what did they get? They get a hold of something that frankly was public or not public, I mean expressing the surroundings of that.
Speaker 7: So when you file for an LLC in North Carolina, guess that is public information?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: Why that is public information? After this was leaked, I was wondering, why why do we have this information public? Especially in the political clime that we live in today. I mean, we have people who are setting fire to Tesla dealerships, right, we have people who are who are gunning people down because they don't agree with their their political ideology or religion. Like this is dangerous. So I would like to see, you know, perhaps our reps consider taking our private information more seriously, I think that Matt van Wall was docks with his voting information, yeah.
Speaker 2: Which is you can't see how people voted, but you can see whether they voted or not. And what's crazy is like there are some packs out there that will send the emails to people going, hey, we saw that you only voted in two of the last three cycles. Would it be a shame if your family found out about that? I mean, really like integrating it into mainstream stuff, and it's all just so creepy.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's very creepy. And to me, it's even worse when you start talking about people go off the deep end when it comes to politics, right, and we're seeing that very specifically happening. I want to say, what probably in the twenty tens or so, and so people are targeting one another off politics and me I'm kind of moderate, you know, and so I'm target of both sides.
Speaker 1: I mean that's terrifying, yeah, or no sides at all.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we're gonna have to leave it therecase. They got about thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: So at Dogwood Blooms, right, I want to say where the Dogwood blooms, But that's the name of your blog. But I had dog with blooms. I want to follow you on the Twitter, and they should do that. And and for the most part it is it's it's pecan pecan and barbecue and culture and fun stuff. But boy when it when it gets over to the other side, he gets nasty real quick. All right, Cassie, I appreciate it this morning. I have yourself a good one.
Speaker 7: Okay, awesome, thinks sir.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Cassie Clark, you follow on Twitter all that good stuff. We will take a break and be right back do do. All right, a couple of things that we need to get to.
Speaker 1: What is this people are asking me? I don't have.
Speaker 2: I do not know the answer that, sir, enough Cassie would know that either what is the percentage of Republican versus Democrat with sway?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do know that I see it happening when it's politically based. I see a lot of stories, but that might be confirmation biased, just because it's normally the sources that I look at, and you know, I'm sure it does have it back and forth. But I will tell you that when I see it in the news, it seems to be getting rid of the video game based stuff, which I don't know how much politics is there, but I see things that look politically motivated. It does seem to outsize one side doing it versus the other, but I don't have any comprehensive data on that. And again, which was crazy about with the Cassie side of it, is like it's they know who the people are. With a lot of these, you don't know who it is. You kind of know where they're coming from, but you don't know exactly who it is.
Speaker 1: And so to know.
Speaker 2: Where some of it may be emanating from because people are absolute lunatics and will own it, and then there's still not to be recourse on it. That's where things get crazy, especially when you have so many people within the political realm who want to nanny state everything you do. And yet still because people that almost give permission with the way that they approach things from the political spectrum. Case in point, we had a Maschusetts State senator who's got some new, some big ideas and on how she can control your life. And I kid you not, this is so this is the bill, that's the legislation that she's introduced. Let's see what is this what is this senator name? Senator Cynthia Cream. I don't wanna, I don't want to broad brush this, but like, this's that sounds like a nineties Milf adult film star.
Speaker 1: Am I right? Ross? Am I wrong? On this? Cynthia Cream? I was in somebody sent me a pizza. I've been enjoying it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Ross has a bunch of pizzas, now, like.
Speaker 1: Seven of them. Dude, they might you know what it is, baby pizza? It's like, is that what you think it is? Yeah? Baby?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So I'm loading the audio this morning for this woman from Massachusetts, the state senator, and I'm writing the description of her name. I'm like, what is her name? And I read her name, I'm like, you've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 2: Really, that's sounds like somebody who hangs out hangs out of the AVIN Awards with Alexis Texas, right, you know which I think is somebody's name.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I didn't look it up. I don't know who that is. That a senator from Texas? Yeah, maybe that might she might be a Texas senator. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that sounds like somebody who started in the nineties and now it's getting.
Speaker 1: Digital and she's really lost in it.
Speaker 2: And she's okay doing the mill theme stuff, but the guilt stuff is just a bridge too far for her, right because that's that's personally going to be so as someone assaulting for some actresses. So anyway, Senator Cynthia Kream has has some thoughts and they all involve micromanaging your life.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 10: Vehicle miles traveled in message.
Speaker 11: Saying that electric vehicles aren't enough to reach the net zero carbon mandate by twenty fifty. Eighty two year old State Senator Cynthia Cream has introduced a bill that would keep track and limit the number of miles you drive with your vehicle.
Speaker 10: Now's the time to pursue new strategies additional strategies for reducing transportation emission.
Speaker 11: The bill establishes a panel that will be responsible for creating fines and penalties if you go above the limit.
Speaker 10: Would require the come most transportation investment plans to provide a reasonable pathway to compliance with our emissional.
Speaker 12: Limits, mileage vouchers.
Speaker 10: To promote alternative modes of transportation like public transit, biking, walking.
Speaker 1: Have you learned how to write a bike him.
Speaker 10: Thinking about our future needs for transportation options other than cause we have to walk.
Speaker 11: The legislation like this is a clear indication that it's pastime for Cynthia Creams, you retire and take up a hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, where she says, cause too is just is a thousand percent more annoying to So look, man, I understand that generalation. Generationally, most people of your age never traveled with outside forty miles where they were born. It was just the way things were done when we were settling in the prairie and all that. But shut up, we're gonna we're gonna put a registry together. And if you drive too many miles, well, how does that work? If you get if you live in the in the center of the like Boston or whatever, and everything's right around fine, But you know there's other parts of Massachusets where you gotta drive a little ways, and how does that work in other states like I don't know, Wyoming, where everything is is forever away. You just got you're just gonna have to turn to nature and you know, harvest the animals of the earth.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Eighty two years old, what did your wagon team. Did those miles count against or it's it only for your vehicle? It is very unclear here. And of course he's from Massachusetts, so she could be equal parts annoying and have bad ideas, but also be very difficult to listen to and probably a Patriots fan now that I think about it.
Speaker 1: So strike number two.
Speaker 2: All right, So we got that insanity, but we got some local insanity too.
Speaker 1: And you know, one of the people we've.
Speaker 2: Talked about on the show here over the years is the Reverend William Barber, sometimes refer to him as Senator sole.
Speaker 1: Glow, the Bufface Layer, who, of.
Speaker 2: Course, when he was not antagonizing people in North Carolina by committing acts of social disobedience that he then never wanted him or his followers to actually be held accountable for, which defeats the whole purpose. Right, you do this thing because you believe so passionately in this thing that you're willing to face the consequences. Yet he constructed a perfect system where they could go and he could, you know, shut down the ability of the North Carolina llegen to do things be hauled away in an ambulance because that's the only way to get him out of there, and then he and hundreds of supporters basically have their cases thrown out because the whole thing is just it's just insane bias that goes up in there, and the judiciary is fine to sit there and throw January six people into the tombs, yet never hold accountable people who are literally doing the.
Speaker 1: Insurrection within our own state capitol.
Speaker 2: Wildly frustrated, and then because he was so good at it, he was given this national seat of prominence with this Poor People's Campaign or whatever it's called, so he could go do it on a national level, and do you know, combination of souls to the polls, rallying with race bating politics and just all the horribleness out there, and the entire time people are like, man, I want what's this guy's why?
Speaker 1: What's the grift? Man?
Speaker 2: And when people would suggest it might be the money, they were essentially told to know that he's just so passionate about it. Well, according to his ex wife, it might be the money. Yeah, So this story getting buried on the Friday going into Memorial Day weekend, William J. Boba, the former head of the North Carolina NAACP, and that leads a national nonprofit volts focused on economic and racial justice, has been accused of redirecting funds from that group for alimony payments and other personal issues. I will say this, I've heard some stories over the years, first person accounts of interactions with William Barber, in one case by a female news reporter, news anchor that frankly, they didn't want to go, they didn't want to get they didn't want to go on the record for whatever reason. But the story, the story was communicated to me by this individual. And let's just say that there was an era where this would have been the downfall if it were true. And I have no reason to think the person wasn't telling me a true story. They had nothing to gain from it. They never pursued it in any monetary way. They shared a story about a situation and a very uncomfortable situation that transpire between them allegedly and William Barber. Let's just say it was a female news reporter whose name you would know, and leave it at that. If they want to tell that story publicly, they're welcome to. So this is coming in this case from his ex wife, So you know, take that for what it's worth. Sometimes this stuff gets nasty, but some very specific allegations.
Speaker 1: Having to do with the finances that.
Speaker 2: Frankly, I you know, maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Now Barber's lawyer, they have weighed in on this.
Speaker 12: We believe the claims were filed for the sole purpose of gaining a tactical advantage in his pending property division litigation with his former spouse.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, which, by the way, very well.
Speaker 1: Could be the case.
Speaker 2: These things get nasked, right, people lying on you know, especially like kids custody stuff gets so nasty where you know, people will go out in the file restraining orders saying that they're they're abusing them the or the kids, and they're doing it to go ahead and get an upper hand there. But this is about division of assets. And the one thing that nobody seems to disagree with is William Barber's gotten very rich doing this. Dude has made bank or at least his nonprofits have. And uh, you know, when you're traveling all around your high profile, you're getting some pretty significant speaking fees. Like it's understandable, but you know, sometimes that still doesn't cover at all, especially when you're purporting to be from the poor people's campaign. Just literally what it's called a jet setting might rub some people the wrong way. Specifically, though, this allegation surrounds the nonprofit, a Goldsborough based group called Repairers of the Breach, and they want have brought into litigation over distribution, saying that millions of dollars in assets reported by the group should be fair game for her to take as part of the divorce. Now, this is where it gets complicated, because if it is all for the nonprofit, and while he may control the business itself, it's not necessarily his money. It becomes something else entirely if you're using it to essentially fund your lifestyle, because now it's it looks like it's more of like a shell corporation kind of thing, So it will be interested interesting. Rebecca Barber claims rex husband quote maintains de facto control over the financial accounts, suggesting that it's being used as an instrument of his personal financial affairs.
Speaker 1: So we'll be paying attention to this for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: All right eight forty six Ray Stagic from the Weather Channel here he wants you to pay attention to weather because.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of it and it's going to be with you most of the week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, rain out there now east of I ninety five is where it's just crossing, so from the triangle of the Triad. Even some heavier rain showers now are steadier rain coming through bright Wood and Brown Summit Stokesdale as we get out tour to Guildford County, so just drives carefully. The rain's gonna slows down this morning, and we may even get a little more rain into the afternoon, maybe rumble of thunder and a very cool day. We're kind of wedged in casey, so many of us not getting out of the sixties today and maybe even the low sixties, and then tonight occasional rain, some more rain around tomorrow. I think a lot of it will start becoming more scattered as the morning progresses Tomorrow, even a few thunderstorms. So really I think today we get the most widespread, steady rain. Tomorrow, midupper seventies. It's still Thursday, Friday, some showers, thunder showers around. I think we're gonna reset. This is the way it looks for the weekend. Finally get a front through to get us out of this. I think we're back into sunshine and mild weather into the eighties for Saturdays Sunday, and even tried to take a sneak peek ahead early next week. Looks pretty nice too, So kind of predy here this week, but better days ahead, especially by the weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, sir, appreciate it, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on now with Jeff Bellinger. Jeff, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Well, Good morning, casey.
Speaker 6: President Trump may have helped to set the stage for a Wall Street rebound when the market's reopen after the long holiday weekend. The President has said he will hold off on new European Union tariffs until July ninth. Stocks moved lower on Friday after the tariffs were first announced, but the futures have been solidly higher all morning.
Speaker 1: A Now, futures are.
Speaker 6: Up four hundred and fifty five points. Economists think we will hear there's been a modest pickup in consumer confidence over the last month. The Conference Board will release its new reading after the market's open this morning, just about an.
Speaker 1: Hour from now.
Speaker 6: A tech sector deal was just announced this morning, Salesforce buying the software solutions provider in Formatica. It's a transaction valued at about eight billion dollars. This is the last day Southwest Airlines passengers. At least most passengers will be able to check two bags for free. The carrier will charge starting tomorrow for checked luggage. The Wall Street Journal says the first checked bag will cost thirty five dollars. A second will cost forty five. Customers using the Southwest credit card and those with Elite.
Speaker 1: Status will not have to pay the fees.
Speaker 6: If you have young children in your household, you likely know the TV series Coco Melon is incredibly popular with preschoolers, and that show will be moving from Netflix to Disney Plus in a couple of years. Sources say Disney struck a deal to take the streaming rights away from Netflix and twenty twenty seven. Terms of that deal were not disclosed. And it was a record setting Memorial Day weekend for the nation's movie theater's case the Wall's Disney remake of Lee, Lo and Stitch was the number one movie. comScore estimates the film took in one hundred eighty three million dollars. Mission Impossible The Final Reckoning took second place with ticket sales of more than seventy seven million dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey so when it's a remake of a movie that's not even that older. I know, apparently I was.
Speaker 6: I had not heard of Leelo and Stitch, and I said, it's a remake, and someone said, yeah, there was another.
Speaker 2: One, so okay, and then another the kids show about a talking melon or something.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I've got to confess I had never heard of cocoa melon until this morning.
Speaker 1: When the story.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling that's probably for the best, because those tens get a little annoying. So all right, well, Jeff, do appreciate it, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a great day, take care. There you go, Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News. Is it a talking melon? It's probably not right. No, they're like babies. They're like cartoon babies. Are they the annoying baby video? Kids keep showing up on Twitter their songs, like they have like specific songs that are very popular, but like Lelo and Stitch they had their own ride at Disney World, like Magic Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard of Leelo and Stitch and so like when they're doing like you're doing redos and stuff that I was too old for even at the time.
Speaker 1: So that makes me feel extra old. It's like the live action thing now. I mean, I don't know how old that movie is. It's got to be like twenty years old or something. It's pretty old.
Speaker 2: I just remember watching a dude vandalize at Tesla in a pair of pajama pants with them on.
Speaker 1: There's a controversy though with that movie. With the live action movie, they've of course, they sort of woke ified the ending of the movie, okay, destroying the entire theme of the original movie. Maybe we can talk to Steven about on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you'll probably have it. You'll have a little more on this stuff. So and I'll ask you about that god awful Fountain of View thing on AT and T or AT and T excuse me, Apple TV.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what the hell that thing was supposed to be. It was pretty awful though. All Right.
Speaker 2: A couple things real quick, pretty quick here. If you go down to Australian and get attacked by a gang of ruse, you're not.
Speaker 1: Going to be able to defend yourself.
Speaker 2: Because apparently they're getting ready to outlaw machetes in Australia, which kills me. Because what's one of the most famous things that we know about the Australian experience, their perceived superiority on what is a knife and what is not a knife?
Speaker 1: Right, very famous. That's not a knife, this is a knife. Right.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if Crocodile Dundee was not able to utter that iconic line in the movie, Well, pretty quick, that's that's where we're gonna be