Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The Games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI Jr. R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufin and Lend Injury Attorneys. Good morning, Mike Bianchi from somewhere deep in the bows of Metro West inside the luxury condo that's right.
Speaker 4: Where do we want to start this morning? Have you heard about the controversy up in Gainesville.
Speaker 3: That Florida fans want Lane Kiffin to come here?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yeah, there's that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't doesn't that sound very similar to the setup that Miami fans went through started banging the Mario Crystal ball drum, and I thought it sounded absolutely ridiculous at the time. There's no way he's gonna leave that Oregon gig to come here, and boom he did, And then you know, you could think the same thing about Lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think so well, it could happen, but you were only one game into the season, so I think it's a little premature to say Billy Napier is going to he fired, Although there is a lot of criticism and everything the guy does now is being scrutinized to the umpteenth degree. So the latest was his press conference. Well, no, that was after the game. Yeah, after the game there, you know, he's, you know, gets up for his press conference on Saturday night and he's trying to unscrew a water bottle and can't get the top off of it, and it went viral. Of course, this guy can't get the top off of his water bottle, and it's like, you know, Gator fans are making fun of him. And then his Monday press conference, all right, he was asked about, you know, the negativity surrounding his program on social media and how he has his players deal with it, and his quote was his quote was pipe at fans. He said, we can't pay attention to guys in their basements in rural central Florida. So basements in rural central Florida became a catchphrase, and what happened the UCF Kingdom Collective. All right, they're now putting out t shirts that say rural central Florida on the front, selling him for twenty five dollars each. So yeah, I mean it's a Paul finebomb absolutely ripped napier for you, saying he's disrespecting fans and this and that.
Speaker 3: And I want to know where these basement homes are, because boy oh boy, I would love to get a hold of one of those. Maybe redo it into a man cave or something usually not a selling feature of homes here in rural central Florida, pool table or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean to me, this is much ado about nothing. But again he's being scrutinized to the umpteenth degree for everything he says. He makes an off the off the cuff comment and boom it blows up and Paul finebombs ripping. I would say this to Billy Naper though you mentioned basement. I like living in mom's basement New Matilla.
Speaker 2: The rents.
Speaker 1: It's good, right, Yeah, this time of the year, there's a little flooding going on with all these big trential storms as of late.
Speaker 3: But and your basement is literally below the limestone in the water table.
Speaker 1: Right, So get ready get ready in Napier. What is it, August fifth? I think that game is October fifth, October, I'm sorry, get ready, Bud. August is in the books.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right. Uh. Florida State fell out of the AP College Football Poll zero and two. They're the first team to fall out of the first top ten team to fall out, first preseason top ten ranked team to go unranked in two games since.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty nine. So yeah, it hasn't happened in a long time.
Speaker 4: Of course, Florida State lost to two unranked opponents, although Georgia Tech is now ranked, but Florida State out of the rankings. I gotta tell you, when you get players out of the transfer portal year in and year out, Essentially, teams are remaking their rosters every year, and these players are leaving their former school because why they're getting paid right when that happens, you might be getting talent, but you're not getting leadership. In Florida State, to me, has a lack of leadership. As more and more teams rebuild their teams on a yearly basis out of the portal, we're going to see more and more of these wild swings of teams being really good one year and perhaps really bad the next year.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You know what, was all all these transfers over cash and everything. I want to get down to the nitty gritty of things and let's do a grade check. Let's do a grade check on all these athletes that are portal in grades. Yeah, exactly. I want to test them all and say, hey, how are we doing now? Guys, you don't have Martha over there taking your test for you.
Speaker 3: They out the windows.
Speaker 1: You have you a million dollar shoe contract.
Speaker 3: Education.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about the education.
Speaker 3: Speaking of bad, is it just me? Or is the schedule of games this weekend even arguably worse than last weekend?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, the college game this weekend are terrible.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a handful of good ones. But wouldn't you just.
Speaker 4: Playing Samford, UCS playing Sam Houston. I don't even know Miami's playing FAMU I think.
Speaker 1: Guys, yeah, wouldn't you schedule it like that if you were in charge of the schedule with uh With the opening of NFL season, well, I know it's different days, but no NFL is every day this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the NFL is gonna take over starting tomorrow, we'll get into the NFL. We got Baltimore Kansas City tomorrow. Then Friday night they have a game. And by the way, I don't like all these NFL games on Peacock and these other streaming services.
Speaker 2: I don't have Peacock. Okay, so I'm with you on that. So what else we got?
Speaker 4: Ricky Piersoll, the former Gator current San Francisco forty nine ers wide receiver who got shot during a robbery attempt by a seventeen year old over the weekend. The seventeen year old has now been hit with three felonies, including attempted murder.
Speaker 3: But will still be trialed tried in juvenile court.
Speaker 4: Although I was reading the story it says essentially, yes, right now, he's being tried as a juvenile, but they do have the option to try him as an adult. I think he should be tried as an adult. I have no problem with charging seventeen year olds as juveniles as long as they're committing juvenile crimes. But this isn't shoplifting, right, californianis This isn't stealing a car. This is like taking a semi automatic weapon and robbing somebody and shooting him in the process. You're seventeen years old, crying out loud, You're not twelve. So this guy knows the difference between right and wrong, So charge him as an adult.
Speaker 1: Speaking of a semi automatic. This is where Bob World Order comes in. Normally, Bob BW is only Mike, you probably don't know about the grassroots movement. Dwo's normally only in retail stores where we shoot people at the knee caps to make an example of them.
Speaker 3: Steel.
Speaker 1: Yes, they steel. But this kid a seventeen year old. Sorry, that's a young man to me. Yeah, we don't need this. We're taking care of you too, Junior. You're gonna be a anyway.
Speaker 3: He's a punk. He's a punk, all right.
Speaker 4: If you're old enough to have a semi automatic glock, yeah, you're old enough to be tried as an adult.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Bianchy, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety Game, takes time out his busy show to join us here for the sports page. Each morning on JR. I brought you by Coffin Inland.
Speaker 2: I actually don't even know what a glock is.
Speaker 4: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Koff and every Saturday morning seven point thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 3: In the game.
Speaker 4: You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oh oh
Speaker 2: On demand doll, the iHeartRadio app