Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rovera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app just search I on the Ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to my in the Ball here Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Roberta, Dave. Now we have Henry with breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball Breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: NFL Draft Day two is starting in one minute. Arizona tackle Jonah Savnea is expected to go today.
Speaker 4: Is it just round two or the good? It's round two and three? Okay? Okay?
Speaker 2: Other five minute of the five minute rounds?
Speaker 4: Yeah, five minutes? Okay, Where are you seeing him? I have not seen much of him the second round, late second round. Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's a big guy, right, big defensive tackle ten three twenty. He was hurt too, so wasn't he in during his uh you of a time?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But he's huge. Teams need those big tackles.
Speaker 3: NBA Playoffs last night, the Knicks defeated the Pistons to go up two to one in the series. The Thunder defeated the Grizzlies to go up three on the series, and the Clippers defeated the Nuggets to go up two to one in the series.
Speaker 4: Watching, I was watching a little a little. It was tough with the drafts too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I saw some of that tonight. Tonight I had what the Milwaukee and who's the other team?
Speaker 4: Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Minnesota, Minnesota, te Wolves, Lakers, Pacers, Books, and Celtics match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Boston's just about to start. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Arizona baseball will begin a three game series this weekend at Texas Tech.
Speaker 5: So we're what a week or so from ending any of the regular season. Is this the end of the they this is their last series, I think, right?
Speaker 4: Or is there? I think there's one more week of series? Okay, I was thinking softball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, the tournament in Texas, right, Dallas, That's where the Big twelve Championship is, So that'll be a different look for for that event. Been in Scottstill, at least the uavas playing in Scottsdale on the PAC twelve tournament.
Speaker 3: The softball team has a three game roads series against San Diego State this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go aztex Can I say that here? I'm gonna love them? Sure, of course, I didn't even know we had a softball team.
Speaker 4: No, I did.
Speaker 3: After the selection of tedt Roic McMillan yesterday, and Arizona players now have been drafted to every NFL team.
Speaker 4: That's a good trivia question. Yeah really, yep.
Speaker 5: Wow, we should have a contest and see if we can fill out fill up had sheet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty cool. Yeah, yeah, we'll do that one of these days.
Speaker 2: You're in we'll have just oh yeah, thanks and then have no have people you know this guy, this guy can fill in the blanks because you know there's I'm sure some who with the Jets.
Speaker 4: Who's with the Jets. There's a quarterback a long time ago, Bill Demery.
Speaker 5: Oh so you even knew that? I think I knew that one. Give me another one, Teddy, I can do the Patriots there.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Arizona picked up a commitment today from former Illinois state kicker Ian Wagner, who's originally from Sierra Vista.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool kicker place caicker. Yeah, they need to find that guy to replace Loop.
Speaker 4: Isn't the transfer portal like closing.
Speaker 3: Like any minutes today?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right, okay, now what see what see what? Who comes? Who signs, and.
Speaker 2: Who's who's already left? Take three or four guys.
Speaker 4: Right, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: So you got Okay, we'll take some calls if anybody want to call. I know, Richard's texting me like crazy, uh telling me. I'll let him tell us because it's a little bit mean, and I could take me and Richard come on, give me a call.
Speaker 4: I think he's being facetious.
Speaker 2: Actually, he's saying that we're a bunch of old dudes and we're getting will be a little up on the younger.
Speaker 4: Younger generation. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that we're just jealous.
Speaker 2: I mean, no, I think he's being facetious because I'm sure he believes the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. Well, because the way they act, they acting.
Speaker 2: We're giving them a grief about that. Yeah, no, come on, it just be like a human being, a regular one.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I mean there's a lot on the line for these guys, and there's gonna be a lot of financial things that are going to happen. I know, you know, he's making his nil money now, but you know he's gonna go to the NFL and or whoever anybody. Yeah, you know, they're going to be doing commercials. I mean, it's all part of the image. Here's the issue that's got to be a good thing. Here's the issue I have.
Speaker 2: Uh, And I guess it happens to everybody in every line of work. But here's the guys who are wishing four years ago, wishing to be part of the NFL and get drafted and have a life in this because it's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Right Uh.
Speaker 2: And then they they're grateful to humble blah blah blah. Three years into their contract, I got to get paid more. I'm a pain in the ass, you know what I'm saying. They've already established themselves, and then there they turned into something that they're I guess originally that's who they were. They were just being humble.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, if you look back maybe ten years ago, ESPN did like a thirty for thirty on how these athletes are going through their money so fast, and you know, they get these big giant bonuses and sign big contracts right off the bat, and then in three or four years they're they're going broken. So that's a problem. And a lot of that I think has to do with growing up and you know, even maybe it didn't come from the best environment, but just maturing as you're getting older and understanding what's important and if you want to be successful, they have to act a certain way, especially when you're performing in front of millions of.
Speaker 4: People in some cases.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, dad, that's my old man comment for the day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, your last one. Anything else, No, that's it, right man. You want to call, please do five two zero four one, six four forty you have anything else on that list?
Speaker 5: We got a former Wildcat picture turns pro sign yea, yeah, yeah, Dawson Nett signs with the Cubs.
Speaker 4: He was a coach with you by right now. He was coaching his sisters. The okay makes sense, Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 5: And she's going to be playing professionally finally, after all this is done.
Speaker 4: Right, that happened to go?
Speaker 2: She got a golden something holden spikes something right, Yeah yeah, not golden spikes, that's defense baseball whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, litlepol league that she's going to go to. So that's cool.
Speaker 2: Okay again, anybody want to call, please do anything else you see out there? Anything on ESPN that you missed, Uh no, no anything.
Speaker 4: Were we were joking. I think I sent it to you. The joke.
Speaker 5: Michah Parsons last night during the draft, he was he was upset that the Cowboys did not get t MA mac right, and he was basically like crying on this sort of podcast that all he was doing. It was pretty pretty funny, yeah, because a lot of people kind of had penciled him in for Dallas too, like it's a twelfth pick.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, first, yeah, they showed you sent me that.
Speaker 2: Another guy sent me the uh uh the call that that team at got from the team did you see you know, I didn't see that or the owners and all them said, you know, we're gonna take you the number, blah blah, how do you feel it? And he was kind of really nonchalant, kind of like, okay, that's cool as soon, let's go, let's go. It wasn't like thank you very much, sir. It was more of a you know, being a twenty year old kid. And that's part of it too, because we're kind of criticizing. But again, they're eighteen, nineteen, twenty years old. What do we expect from them? Probably too much? Probably, right, you know, I'm going the other way with that now, right, right, but you're right, you're right. You know, what do we expect?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, these guys have all gone through this process too, so they're used to, you know, being interviewed and talking to adults, you know, and trying to be respectful things like that.
Speaker 4: That's the one thing that we talk about this all the time.
Speaker 2: Even if I ever run in to Desiray and have some time with her, is I think that the and I said this somebody yesterday day before, that U of A would have more of a connection with the fans. More of a connection depends. And you you know this because you deal with it. How we were in the good old days when we talked to athletes one on ones or even two on ones whatever not on a podium where we got their message, they told their story. Now you don't get that, and now you have the you of A trying to help with nil blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: How do you think give money to someone you don't know? Right? Totally agree? I mean I totally agree.
Speaker 5: I you know, we do miss those good old days of that and that was what made our jobs even more special.
Speaker 4: It was like, Wow, I can't believe you just said that to me.
Speaker 2: You know, want to go back to the station and you're the only one that has it yeah, I got.
Speaker 5: This great quote, like I bet Steve didn't get this, or I bet the other stations didn't get this, And that was kind.
Speaker 4: Of the fun. That was the fun part of it, no question about.
Speaker 5: That, because you guys would turn out stories like, Wow, I didn't get that angle at all. I didn't hear that I was because I wasn't in that scrum with you know, Chase Butdinger or whoever at that time. Yeah, you're right, and you know, I think the guys were able to show off their personalities a lot easier in those years than they do now.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll give you a perfect example. DeAndre DeAndre. We didn't talk to him at all, one on one until the PAC twelve because they opened the locker rooms and you're thinking, this kid's pretty cool. He's a kid eighteen years old, acting like a crazy little kid and personality a nice one. And then we'd get to the tournament, a good tournament, a good funny guy, and then he's gone, yeah, and we don't.
Speaker 4: I haven't.
Speaker 2: I've never seen him or talk to him since I never had changel he coming for a game or two here at you But yeah, we don't get to know these people on a more intimate way to tell their story.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: One of my all time favorite coaches here was Jerry Kendall when he was a baseball coach at Arizona, and he we would I don't even know if we even warned him that we were coming over. We would just show up on a you know, Wednesday afternoon and want to do a couple interviews years years, like eighties and nineties before he was finished. And we'd walk into Sansett Field and he just look over and go, you just go, Dave, who do you want to talk to today? He would just go round up the guys for us and we would have, you know, a couple of minutes with each of them. Took ten minutes, we were done. We had worries for like three days. Sure, now you have easy.
Speaker 2: Now you have coaches say you can't talk to the freshman until this or till that. Really, I think it's more of a control thing. That's ridiculous. It is ridiculous because we've already talked to him a few times before in high school. Yeah, they know who we are and questions we're going.
Speaker 5: I mean, college is all about growing up too, and I mean that's such an important thing.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Dave. Exactly, Dave. You go to hell with the history one on one. You learn how to watch your clothes and not lead them into the whites. You learn how to eat on your own pace if you have money to go to the restaurants or cook. You know what I'm saying. You're exactly right. College just isn't about learning how to read and write, although it is, but you know, growing up I.
Speaker 5: Do it, especially if you're an athlete. That's part of you know, they grow up. They've watched all these guys on television. I would think, if I'm coming in, I'm, you know, eighteen or nineteen. You know, I want to learn how to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, are you talking to a former player? Probably on this show or maybe off the show. I won't say who it was.
Speaker 4: He says.
Speaker 2: The UA prepared him, not in a good way for the real world. And let me say why. They took care of them at every level. You know where to go, where to be, what to do, where to go, especially on the road.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, tutors da da da never let them fail. Part of part and as they should. But part of success and part of growing up is that failure because you know you don't want to do it again.
Speaker 4: Right right. I can understand.
Speaker 5: I suppose on road trips or whatever you know, to be you know, meetings or whatever they need to do. But just the weekly banter between the me I don't know. I would think as an athlete, maybe they're maybe they're afraid. Maybe some were afraid to come talk to us. Well, I think most of them wound up being great. Sure, I mean I remember them all the time. Those are the things I remember most about.
Speaker 4: Some of them.
Speaker 2: Well, you remember, just a year or so ago, David or two maybe two the kids from USC who was the Orange County registered guy, quoted the kid before he went up to the podium, and he got in trouble because it wasn't officially from the podium.
Speaker 4: And he was just how he said, what should I say? How should I act?
Speaker 2: He heard that quoted him, and he says, you're going to take your credential way because he wasn't on the podium when you broke the rules.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, really, come on, it's silly.
Speaker 5: But no, I think just kind of going back to what we were talking about with Shador and some of the others, they know how they should be acting, of course, and they know it's important, and they've got agents who are in their ears saying, you know, no, don't act like that. You know you're gonna get through these couple of days. It's not a big contract. The endorsements are going to be coming to you all the time, and you're gonna have an image to hold. Sure, but these days are I'm sure it's a little stressful and nerve wracking and embarrassing maybe in a way too.
Speaker 2: And if you don't like a question, you know what you say, I don't feel comfortable answering that question or answering that question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty simple, pretty simple? How much?
Speaker 3: Uh three minutes?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, no calls in this segment, Richard disappointed in you. You can give us a call here in the next three minutes. You can give me grief or I'll just say that you were being uh wait wait wait, wait, can't right now. But absolutely, this is my boy, Richard saying, after giving us grief about being old men, you can't call us right now. But I'm simply for free markets and democracy.
Speaker 4: Why they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's fine, Richard, and I cannot buy their stuff if I don't want you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the whole thing. So did I ask you this question? Do the guys influence you do? The guys that you see play or the chadors or yeah, yeah, I won't say so you're gonna go by Sprite because Lebron does eat drink sprite.
Speaker 4: Is there somebody that.
Speaker 2: You admire or you follow for whatever reason?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a lot of athletes I like. But I'm going but not purposely for commercial I don't I don't get it either, But what the hell? So Cleveland did not take thirty three? What number was that? I took a guy from UCLA linebacker? Okay, let's go. We got one call before you go. Hellow, you're on the air. Nine the ball? Who's this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Stevens Richard wanted to call in and follow up on an email.
Speaker 4: My whole thing is this.
Speaker 1: I like the.
Speaker 7: Nil I like the free market. I don't think we need to be regulating them or KYD to cap their incomes. Let's just let this thing go for a while and see what happens. Let the free market go. If the economy goes south, which it might, you know, the market dyce will go down. But you know, we're not telling the coaches they need to be regulated, right, They've had free reign all these years to do what in the hell they wanted to do. Okay, well, the players were trapped on campus pretty much. So this is this is freedom.
Speaker 4: This is the way it should be.
Speaker 7: And the kids are so much more aware nowadays than they were twenty thirty, forty years ago. They're coached, they know how to handle the media, they know how to handle their money. They're far more mature than we were. And you know, they're just they got to going on, man, And this is.
Speaker 4: Where it should be right now. You do a long list of there.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say two out of five is a bad but sure, I'm not sure. Uh, free wheeling probably more. There's so many the things you said that I won't argue with you because it's not a point, but I understand what you're saying, and I.
Speaker 4: Kind of agree.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just let it go.
Speaker 4: Let's be free.
Speaker 7: Let's be free the best we can.
Speaker 2: Free, love baby, Okay, I'm sixty nine all over.
Speaker 7: Ready to get rich, free to get very very rich.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, but wait, free to free, to.
Speaker 7: Practice democracy, to make sure we keep that intact.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, thank you guys, thank you for calling. Hey, keep emailing me, keep emailing. He's a regular email. He's in New Mexico, Oklahoma.
Speaker 9: Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a he's a he's a good guy like Richard. Let's go take a break and then come back with coach Shields.
Speaker 1: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars in bonus bots just after this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 4: Cash, that's cash.
Speaker 1: Enter it now Box Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 8: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots in table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort. Discover all this and more. Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson. Are you ready enterprise so Fasca Yucky Try.
Speaker 10: The window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 11: Today.
Speaker 10: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a low keyation near you at the window Deepot dot Com. The window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 6: Spring is in the air and the school year is coming to a close. Time to order your academic and spring sports awards for your student athlete. Creative Awards with fifty two years as your top awards and promotional products supplier. Give them an award they can be proud of. They have trophies, plaques, acrylics, art class, fine crystal, metal, name badges, stock and custom awards. Come visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight Westracan, across the street from PEMA College Downtown campus, or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 12: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer, or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to lendrixson credit rates and available loan programs or subject to change with nut notice.
Speaker 13: Did you know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection. Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, We've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in.
Speaker 4: Sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 13: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere tru Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 6: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonans for over thirty years and a wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard Baccall five two oh seven to four to Zho twelve thirteen, broud sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 9: Go cats got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs. Termitespees or rodents serving Tucson and southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 4: Why is mining so important?
Speaker 14: It's the foundation of everything, that defines the society. Everything you see is a product of minus. No matter when, no matter how, no matter why.
Speaker 15: Every society on this plant have developed, grown, and modernized based solely on the animals. If process that's whylining is so important, donnybm dot com.
Speaker 10: If you're feeling overwhelmed by the thought of a home remodel, don't stress. The Window Depot is here to help. At the Window Depot, we're your one stop warehouse for everything you need for your next remodel. Windows, check doors, got it, cabinets, countertops, and everything in between. You'll find it all here at the lowest prices. Whether it's a kitchen, bathroom, or whole home makeover, Our experienced designers are ready to bring your dream home to life, all at unbeatable prices. Find a location near you our shop online at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store, breaking.
Speaker 1: Down all the xs at ohs. This is I on the ball with Steve Rivera on Bomb Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I on the Ball Hero on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. In with me today is Dave Silver. Now one Pune, we have UA Vin's tennis coach, Clancy Shields.
Speaker 4: How are you doing, Clancy? I'm Dreick Delli.
Speaker 11: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course. Uh can we pove him up, Henry?
Speaker 4: Henry? Can we get his voice up more? A little more? Coach?
Speaker 2: So good to hear of you. All you do is win, which is fantastic.
Speaker 4: How does that? How did this year feel?
Speaker 2: It's funny, I've always raved about you over the last couple of years that we had you on, and you continue to kind of outdo yourself every year.
Speaker 12: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 16: I mean this year has been interesting, It's been every year is different. You know, we had six new players on our team. Almost fifty percent of our roster was brand new. We had basically the best college player in the country who was off for half the season, winning professional tournaments. I mean, everything that got thrown at me this year was crazy and wild. And you know, we're ten country, we're conference champions and now We're ready to go dance.
Speaker 11: In the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 16: You know, for most teams who are the elite programs in the country, this is all they think about is the season starts. Sure once the tournament starts, and I'm hoping that's our mentality as well.
Speaker 5: How is the transition then, going into the Big twelve after all these years in the Pac twelve.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's it's exciting for me, just because when you've done something for eight years, it just kind of gets the same old, same old, you know, going to the same locations, playing the same teams, same coaches, and so now this new challenge of going into this conference, you know, against the defending national champions TCU, who's two in the country, who got us.
Speaker 11: Earlier this year. Yeah, it's a great challenge.
Speaker 16: And you know, if you had told me at the beginning of the year we would have won the conference, I'd have said that an amazing season. And now that I'm looking at it, kind of the work that everyone's put in, I just feel like, you know, this was supposed to happen.
Speaker 11: I think the team worked hard, I think we have all the right.
Speaker 16: Pieces and I'm just happy that, you know, something that one of the goals that we set for ourselves we were able to cross off.
Speaker 4: So, Dave, I don't know if you know who.
Speaker 2: David Davis a former TV guy, longtime TV guy in this town. Me a former longtime sports writer. Now I do this, and I joked with you last year. You kind of laughed when I was with Jay talking about, in my opinion, you're the best coach on campus, given what you've done to the program. And just before you came on, maybe an hour ago, he said, we rarely talked about tennis.
Speaker 4: We didn't, and now we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about tennis, which makes that you guys have done a great job, and the women too.
Speaker 4: Just what do you do to make this team go?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I just think we got the competitive, most competitive people in the world on our team, and the most competitive coaching staff, and and just a bunch of gritty guys, and I just I just know, I just want to be around people who are competitive, who are going to push me every each and every day. And I think that just kind of starts rubbing off on everybody around here. Do I think we have the most talent in our comfort and know? Do I think we have the most talent in the country. No, we have six freshmen. Half of them don't know how to put the right shoe on the right foot, you know, And that's not a joke. The amount of things I saw this year from freshmen gave me so many headaches.
Speaker 11: I'm balding. I'm going gray hair everywhere.
Speaker 16: But what I'll say is, I think the secret sauce and the ingredient is just how competitive this group is.
Speaker 11: And it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't even think.
Speaker 16: We're that competitive, but then we just meet our opposition and we're just a lot more competitive than them. And I think that's a testament to just nine years of guys going at each other, just beating each other in their heads in every day and getting tougher. It's almost like our practices are tougher than our matches, because you know, the guys are getting after each other so much harder than what we see on game day. And I think that really primes us for you know, the teams that we play.
Speaker 5: One of my friends was over at Indian Wells I guess what, a couple of months ago, and he was texting me, goes, who is this u of a guy playing? Maybe tell us a little bit about Colton and what he means to you into this program. He's obviously he's already kind of making his mark at the professional tournament level.
Speaker 16: Yeah, what Colton's done this year, I don't know if people understand it in the tennis role will be understanding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the kids currently ranked.
Speaker 11: One hundred and fifty eight in the world.
Speaker 16: The day after our season, he's going to go play the French Open in Paris. A few weeks later, he's gonna play Wimbledon. A few weeks after that, he's going to play US Open. The kid is already I mean by the betting markets is they have him as the forty eighth best player in the world.
Speaker 11: And I'm not.
Speaker 16: Talking juniors, I'm not talking college. I'm talking about the professional ranks. They have him as the forty eighth best player in the world. And it's because of what he's done in these pro events and the fact that he still wants to finish his time here and his life toy at the University of Arizona with his brothers on the team. I mean, we are so lucky to have this guy. And you know, it was so fun for me. I was at Indian Wells, Indian wells. Basically for the people who don't know tennis, it's the fifth grade and slam, right, and Colton was playing on the court and I remember his playing his first match.
Speaker 11: It was a packed house.
Speaker 16: You couldn't no one could get into the stadium, and so fans started climbing the five other stadiums around his court to get a glimpse of what was happening out there. There were u of a chants going on, and I think that was the beauty of it all. It was Colton wasn't just like this journeyman pro. He was the college kid who was beating up on the pro guys. And everybody loved that story. And you know, I definitely know we gained a few fans for Arizona.
Speaker 2: So we were having this debate because we don't know, so how does that work pro and being here?
Speaker 16: Yeah, So, I mean, anyone can play a pro event. It's basically on you know, every tournament you play, you get a certain amount of points and you kind of move up. So like Red Fu, the singer, if anyone knows, he played a professional event in Africa like a month ago, and the guys, you know, a recreational player. So anybody can play professional tennis. Now the level of professional tennis is based on your ranking, and so it's really you know, a lot like I don't know, want to say golf, but you can go out and play individual tournaments while you're playing in the collegiate season. And you know, I think for us, Colton probably missed ten matches this year. And the fact that our team is still ranked in the top ten in the country without our best player one sixth of our roster, who's the best player in the country, and we were still able to do what we did was it was incredible.
Speaker 11: But I think you know, last night, we gave out.
Speaker 16: Our team awards for our banquet, and you know, the guys voted for Colton to be our most inspirational player. And I think everything that he did this year away from the U of A inspired our team to be great and and we all just kind of knew that, hey, we better get our act together because when this kid comes back, we better be awesome. We don't want to we don't want to be wasting this time that he's bringing to come back and play for us.
Speaker 5: So does he turn pro, then as soon as your season's over and begins these.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the day after the NCAA tournaments over, he's turning pro and he's going to cut off and and go play all the professionals out in Europe.
Speaker 2: So you had him every year, you had him every year.
Speaker 11: This is his fourth season, which yep, from start to finish.
Speaker 2: So did you see this kid four years ago?
Speaker 4: Sing?
Speaker 2: Or did you see this in him four years ago?
Speaker 11: I think I'll be remembered.
Speaker 16: I would be lying if I said to be doing this at this moment in his career, I would say a little bit yes.
Speaker 11: But then when I went.
Speaker 16: Out and I traveled with him and I saw him in the environment, I'm not surprised at all. And I think it's one of the true things I got to learn about this kid is he adapts to his environment better than anyone I've ever been around. And he just kind of took some mental notes. Okay, at this level, you have to do this, and so he changed made those changes in his game. And the college level is a lot different too. You know, when you come back to the college game, you have to readjust your game to win in the college ranks. I think it's the same thing when players, you know, see the NBA guys like there's a pro style NBA player and then there's a you know call style game, and you know, you see that in March Madness. You see these guys from you know what was it like Oakland, you know, university last year and the guys who are great college players but might not make it at the pro level. And I think it's the same thing in tennis. You have to adjust your game to win at both levels.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: How do you think he'll do? I mean, do you think he'll be able to get through a round or two in some of these majors.
Speaker 16: I think he's gonna be top ten in the world. I think he's gonna be a household name. I think I think we're all gonna be watching him on TV. I Coul's always take the first year is a little transition, but I think you know, he played the number ten player in the world a couple of weeks ago in Houston on Clay and Tommy Palm, and I'm watching the match.
Speaker 11: I was there.
Speaker 16: I flew out. He lost the first set. He was a little nervous, and then he started figuring the guy out, and I just felt, if he can get this second set I think he can beat the guy in the third and that guy's ten in the world, and so far I was able to kind of see it firsthand, and I just think this guy's the limit for this kid, and it's something that.
Speaker 11: All of us are going to be really proud of. And I can say this one hundred percent for a fact.
Speaker 16: There's nobody that loves the University of Arizona more than this kid, and he's going to be a tremendous ambassador for our program moving forward.
Speaker 2: You talk about the competitiveness of this team. You have a number of international players. Does that kind of help fuel this competitiveness?
Speaker 16: Oh, no way, they're the most uncompetitive because it's not college tenants. It's loud, it's in your face. It's not like Wimbledon where it's these golf collaps. You know, you get here and there's noise and there's there's just so much commotion.
Speaker 11: And what we talk about is thriving in the chaos.
Speaker 16: And so when our practices, we're yelling, we're screaming, we're making noise, we're doing chance And it's the ability to kind of lock in and thrive when so much is going on, and the ability to stay in that moment and perform. And I think that's one of the beauties of this and it's one of the reasons why some of these freshmen who come in here struggles because the game is it's like playing Davis Cup.
Speaker 11: It's like playing the labor Cup up.
Speaker 16: It's you know, you've got fans are chanting, you've got your teammates chanting. Everybody is making noise on six different courts, and it's really kind of distracting, to be honest. I mean, I would love to go take this to golf where we go out with and we just fans are yelling and screaming, almost like Happy Gilmour right where everyone's yelling and screaming, and then you have to perform under it.
Speaker 11: That's kind of college us.
Speaker 2: Was that the sixteenth hole in Phoenix or was it who told is that Phoenix sixteen sixteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, it doesn't live try to do that a little bit that they got the music playing, I think, but yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's hard to watch that.
Speaker 2: Do you like your chances? Tell me about your chances this year. Given the fact that you've you've made a couple of runs over the last couple of years.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Well, you know, we've been there the Sweet sixteen three times, and I just think this team's hungry for more, and we've been we've we've fallen short a few times last year four to three to Columbia on the road, and I think the team has learned a lot from that, and it's like, how are we going to take this one step further?
Speaker 11: Now? The problem if.
Speaker 16: That is, you know, seniors graduate and then you bring these young kids and they don't really know what it's like. And so we're hoping that our leaders on the team, our coaching staff can really get these kids ready to go. But you know, I'll never make a promise about anything. I think our team's dangerous enough to be anybody in the country, and I know if we don't show.
Speaker 4: Up, we also can lose anybody.
Speaker 11: And that's sports for you.
Speaker 16: But I will tell you what our coaching staff, our captains on the team, I think we all have the most clear vision that we've ever had since I've been here about trying to make a deep run. And everybody's focused on, you know, taking it one round at a time. But if you told me, hey, put your team up against the number one team in the country. Can you win, I would say yes, absolutely. We have the best player in college tennis, our number two players rank five in the country. I mean up and down our roster. We have a lot of really good spots and that makes our team really dangerous.
Speaker 2: So you talked about this, and I say this all the time about just competing against each other. I think one of the things that you get better at is when you play against better competition. And you said you have that in your on your team. So each play each other and they get better by getting beat up by the better player.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Well, look, I was the youngest of five kids, and you just when you're on this you have this big family, you get beat up all the time.
Speaker 11: And I think it's that.
Speaker 16: It's what I learned as a kid is you know, my siblings are beat up on me, and it just made me want to be better. And then I just come on, one more, Let's play one more. You know, you're playing a game of basketball. Come on, let's play one more. Let's play one more. And I think that's what I started to see in this rosters. Guys will beat up, beat on each other, and the person who losts that, come on, let's play another one, you know, And I think that's what I've tried to create here a little bit with these guys, is that, hey, if you lose that you want to play another one because you want to be winning.
Speaker 11: And I think, you know, as a coach, you.
Speaker 16: Kind of let a few things slide in your practices to allow the guys, not to necessarily make it personal, but to make it personal enough that the guys are going to find a way to level up and bring their you know, bring their best game each and every day.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Are you going to continue with the international look of this program going forward? You got so many good so many good players from all over the world here.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're just trying to find the best players we can. You know, everyone, you know our number one players is from Tanaino, Washington, a little dot in the middle of Washington. We've got the number one player from up in Phoenix who's just coming back from a knee injury.
Speaker 11: That that kid's tremendous.
Speaker 16: And the reality is is I tell this to a lot of people. If you if I took you to Europe, you go on these little villages and you see a big you see a big, beautiful tennis facility, because tennis is woven into that community of it's not just about playing tennis, it's the social outlet. It is where people come together, and it's just so much more. I think tennis is the second or biggest sport in many of these countries, and tennis is like the eighth or ninth biggest sport in the in the US. And so there's just a lot of talent away from the States. And also, you know, hey, we're going to be in every recruiting battle we can with some Americans, but certainly, you know, the the top twenty Americans, fifteen of those kids go to IVY League caliber programs, and so that just kind of takes away a lot of.
Speaker 11: The good players.
Speaker 16: And we just have to get creative and find the kids that can come in here and make a difference. And you know, Tommy and I have a lot of conversations about how many different countries is it, And you know, we talked quite a bit about different countries, and certainly seeing what they've done over there and weaving those international guys in the team is really cool.
Speaker 2: I'm sure when you first got here or when you took the job here, a number of years ago, did you see the potential in this place being a tennis a big time tennis And I'll say that because you've established that, but the answer public easy, yes, But did you see the potential?
Speaker 11: I saw the potential.
Speaker 16: To be doing what we're doing, though, if I'm being candid, I didn't think we'd be doing what we'd be doing. I thought we'd be a top twenty five team and dip in and out of there. I mean, there's some challenges that we have to go through. But now that I see the culture that we have and our motto in our program, culture wins, And I think every person who comes in we wear wristbands. It's written in our locker rooms, and everybody starts to buy into the thing that's gonna win us matches, that's gonna make our team a perennial powerhouse is not one individual. It's not one person. It's going to be the culture that we create each and every day. And if you get a pretty good team who has a great culture, you can do exactly what we're doing here. And it's something that you know, I hope the other teams on campus can kind of look over and say, Hey, what's men's tennis doing and I promise you it's not having the most talented kids on our roster. It's just having a really great culture that each and every day that we you know, we take care of and that we don't have any slippage in and you know it starting from the top. I mean having Colton to be a part of our program and seeing what a pro looks like each and every day. I mean practice starts at two o'clock. At one o'clock, he's in there getting his body ready. You know, the guys out hitting extra serves and then you you know, doing work on his own. And when you have guys that just go above and beyond and that's a part of your culture, then everybody, the new guys don't know any better. They're like, oh, this is what we do here. We practice four hours a day. You know, we go out and hit on our own extra you know, any opportunity that we can go play tournaments on our own, we're doing it. And I think that's one of the if there's one thing I'm most proud of in my time here is building that and I want to keep it going as long as we can.
Speaker 11: And you know, it's gonna. It's a it's a daily effort.
Speaker 5: So this this weekend, you learn where you're going for the first round. Tell me about the tournament itself, is it how many teams are even in it? And where are the sites where you could be playing?
Speaker 16: So that the tournament has sixty four teams, the first two rounds are hosted by the top sixteen teams in the country. So we'll host the first two rounds possibly the super Regional. If we're able to get through, we would have to be in the top eight. So we're kind of close to that. We're going to be maybe nine next week.
Speaker 11: And so yeah, and.
Speaker 16: Then and then if you get by the super Regional, you go to the final site a lot like Omaha for baseball or you know, Oklahoma City for softball, and then it's the final eight teams and it's anyone's ballgame. And I we found this a couple of years ago when we made the final site. It was they had sixteen teams at that time. Anybody can be anybody on a neutral site. And I just love our team and our culture up against anybody when it's when it's.
Speaker 4: Just us versus them.
Speaker 16: Neutral site, no one's home court. No one's advantage, and I think our team really thrives in that. Well, coach you Yeah, that week Friday Saturday, we'll be at home hosting the first two rounds. On Monday selection show, we'll find out who's coming to Tucson, and then we'll just kind of put our heads down and go to work.
Speaker 4: Nice grinds it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, coach, thanks so much for joining us on. Congrats and continued success as we move forward.
Speaker 11: Thank you appreciate you having me on BARDA.
Speaker 2: Tiny shields up what a I think it is a fantastic This doesn't happen by accident.
Speaker 5: No, no, you know, and it's funny. You know, we kind of didn't even get into it. Went about going international with Tommy the same kind of success. I mean, he's really built this team with a bunch of international players and his best players.
Speaker 2: From the state of Washington. I was surprised when he said, no, they're not competitive, they're not. Oh they're not, but that makes sense, I guess. I mean they a cool what's up? Yeah, tennis players. Yeah, the tennis players. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: I mean really, they're like there were a handful of players over my years that we would cover and go do a feature story on But we didn't have teams that had successful.
Speaker 2: Nothing like this, right, right, right, Yeah, let's take a break. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 17: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve Arizona Health You leamitch and exercise equipment on twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 6: What's your goal a new career or career advancement. How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial laid available, It's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PEMA dot edu slash someday.
Speaker 2: Hey Tucson, Steven Arry here, I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 17: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health from leading edge and exercise Equipment on twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 18: Having Tucson's Best Burger. The Fourth Avenue legend is back. Lindy's on Fourth is celebrating twenty years and Lindy himself is back behind the grill. We've got new mouthwatering burgers and great daily drink specials. Don't miss our upcoming twentieth anniversary, Summer Bash and year end celebration, So come down to Lindy's on Fourth or order online at l fourth dot com. Lindy and Tucson's Best Burger are waiting.
Speaker 19: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union we believe less is more. Let's piece need more money in your pocket. Less hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Lessons More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the Tucson Spectrum Pyramid Federal Credit Union where less is More federally insured by NCUA an equal opportunity lender.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera, he's got his eyes on the ball on Tucson Sports Station yet Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to ye in the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Dave Silver. We've got Henry at the control. If you don't call us the due five two zero one seventy four forty you have news on the draft to day.
Speaker 4: Yeah. More good news from the Wildcats.
Speaker 5: A standpoint offensive lineman Jonah seven Yea was selected thirty seventh overall by the Miami Dolphins in the second round. So big Jonah twenty one years old, on his way to the NFL second round pick, So good for him.
Speaker 4: That's afraid of two Wildcats has not.
Speaker 5: Happened in the first two rounds since the year two thousand.
Speaker 2: So who was the previous guy at Miami from you bay because you said, oh am, I supposed to know that too. Well, well, I don't know because said that was part of the quiz right now to think about that at least do Yeah, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: So yeah, t Mac yesterday Carolina. So they're both going to the to the southeastern part of the country.
Speaker 2: So the next guy would be who Tyler Loop if he does get drunk, you think he'll get out Henry is according to whoever? Okay, I think he will be probably later in the later in the.
Speaker 4: Six seven Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what he had said too, that he was going to be back in Dallas and be prepared tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean Janah really was prolific at the U of A. I mean he barely missed a game or anything. He played three different positions, so that's good. He's pretty versatile. But he's so big. I mean he's like six three, three thirty five something like that, so I would expect him to be probably a tackle for yeah, for Tua whoever's playing quarterback down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big guy. Yeah, Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I'll just keep your eye on the phone, Henry, just in case we get a call or two this weekend.
Speaker 4: Some games. What else?
Speaker 2: Is there a game? A couple of games tonight, right? Baseball softball?
Speaker 3: You said, uh yeah, the baseball plays Texas Tech Softball plays ss.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: So there's that. As we wind out, you have two more weeks of school, yep, and then your history and then me just kind of recommending people. YouTube people who says, but Henry, what Henry doing there?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, then the real world, Henry good like this shark from Jaws, It's coming.
Speaker 4: It's good, right right? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 2: So anybody want to call five to two O four one six. I'm sorry, five to four one six, seventy four forty. I saw that the Tommy Lloyd's been all over the place this week going to a concert tonight, Midland traveling the Traveling show promoting this Midland concert tonight.
Speaker 4: He might get it. I heard.
Speaker 2: He might get on the stage sing a lullaby or two.
Speaker 4: You know that? Okay, I think I'm right with this.
Speaker 5: Yes, wis track Michael is it Michael Weisstrack from Midland The two songs some one is the brother event ye Alex Flanagan.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, because he talked about some oil a lot, you know, having grown up there. She's no longer in TV.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: You knew that, right. She's an agent, she's with she really yeah, huh. She helps with the agencies in California. I haven't seen Kevin in forever. I try to get him a time or two. Uh, he's hard to reach, Kevin Flanagan. She came to town.
Speaker 5: Just as Arizona was about to get in trouble. They did a big to do with a big fundraising event.
Speaker 4: I guess whatever.
Speaker 5: It was November or October of that year, twenty seventeen. No, just a couple of years ago. When the Financial News Focus came out. She came out and she was like the MC or did some interviews on stage. I might have interviewed Gronkowski who was also there. But anyway, she came to town for that and she was kind of talking about how great the u of A was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, There's been some pretty good alums from this area, especially in the media. Now she's one of them. Now Richard's gonna making this move. Richard's making his move.
Speaker 5: Richard's to be on the main broadcast right for the finals, the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a call. Cool, hell, you're on the air nine on the ball.
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nicole, I've been wondering about you, man, I've been wondering about you in a good way.
Speaker 20: Hey, Man, I got work, man, I gotta girl for it do double whamby.
Speaker 4: But in a good way. That's okay. What's up? What are you doing work wise?
Speaker 20: If you can say, Man, let's just say I work at Amazon.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, cool, cool, Okay.
Speaker 20: But I was man, I want to congratulate all the Cats that got picked.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 20: Think t Mac his career might die in Carolina.
Speaker 3: But that's all right, that's true.
Speaker 2: Money could Yeah, no, but he I think he'll be fine and he'll he'll what hold is he twenty twenty one?
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 2: No, he'll be fantastic. No, no him?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens, man, right, right, So what do you think about the basketball program?
Speaker 4: What's happening there Arizona basketball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with all the guys, was a couple of I was leaving. Now the guy guy's coming in.
Speaker 20: I don't know. They'll be all right. They got co Pete, they got that other five star. I'm sure, tell me it'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I wish they would have still had Vesa.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, me too.
Speaker 2: He would have been a huge puzzle to keep a piece of the puzzle to keep for sure, because I don't know how Crevis is going to do.
Speaker 20: I don't know. I don't know if Crevis has the speed that Henry Head to be honest.
Speaker 2: No, no, that he does not. He's just a big body near the basket. He's gonna have to improve all that stuff.
Speaker 20: Man, you think Bolo gets drafted.
Speaker 2: To No, no, no, he'll play, he'll play overseas, he'll get he'll play in a summer league team in Vegas, and then he'll have to play somewhere that's not NBA.
Speaker 20: All right on, man, Well, good talk. I gotta go watch the draft. They get scattered.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let us know. Thank you man, Thank you, Nico. Good to hear from you. Yeah, Nico, Nico and Gabe. I miss those guys, Fat mic Is your regulars. These are bar castic characters.
Speaker 4: Had to have those guys who were paying attention, like to call Rick calls all the time.
Speaker 5: I was never a richer caller of a sports talk show. I don't know ever did me either, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I never did like Jay Stiller for a long time. Isn't it first time? Collar?
Speaker 11: Who?
Speaker 4: Damn collar? I've never been to an indoor game, that's true that I don't know.
Speaker 2: You'll go to your girlfriend, your wife or whatever you have? Now, gofriend, what do you you go?
Speaker 4: Friend? Can I get tickets? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just could get We'll get on the call, trow, Yeah, call true. Right, he'll be you'll be already giving away seven.
Speaker 4: You'll be that's right though, you'll be eight and nine. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Drew Dixon, Yeah that's cool. Yeah, Okay, that's next week, not this week in San Diego.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna be playing this week. That's too bad.
Speaker 2: It was good to talk to him. I'd never really talked to to Drew Dixon.
Speaker 5: Hey, some guy named Sanders just got that's not the same family. Oh just got drafted t J. Sanders number. We're going into number forty two.
Speaker 2: Oh so they passed who got forty? Because there was a thirty three and forty were the two things. So he might continue to fall No, maybe maybe Henry was he any good?
Speaker 4: I'd like to think so, but maybe did you see him a time or two? Yeah, I'd watch a decent amount of his games. I thought was he good?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought he was pretty good?
Speaker 2: So maybe, well, it's time and circumstances. Like you guys said, you know, I don't think it's so. It was an overall week quarterback class, so I definitely thought he was a top three prospect.
Speaker 5: Pittsburgh didn't take a meantime, they're drafting who's isn't the guy from Louisville?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Louisville quarterback got draft? Oh really? But just now? Yeah, pick forty okay.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the next quarterback to whom New Orleans Okay.
Speaker 5: And that was one of the places they were talking about him going. But forty nine ers are coming up. All the Jets are coming up now, so that's next and then the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: I think all the factors that you guys talked about, just maybe attitude, talent, uh, the Dion factor all played a part.
Speaker 4: Do you really want to be part of that mess?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: But quarterbacks are funny too, because I mean, look at Tom Brady got draft in the sixth round and Brock Purdy was the last pick in the draft, and these guys all made it. So I think a lot of it's just like I said, circumstance and coaches and who somebody gets injured ahead of you, you might have opportunities opportunity to you. Just gotta get get on a team and get going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll probably talk more about this on Monday, obviously to wrap it up because today they have the thing, and then Saturday all day because they go through like five more seven I think seven rounds.
Speaker 5: Right, seven and something like that. It goes quickly on on the weekends. There's like one minute between picks. Right, it was pretty fast.
Speaker 2: Right, this is your Well, I'm not gonna you know, I'm not gonna be Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, I'm not gonna be in so I won't see you Friday, and then I might be gone two weeks later too, So it's gonna be slim pickings.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be me too. History.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna be gone to Okay, I might not see you next week because you're usually might be Tuesday. Yeah, okay, because one day I got to somebody in Tuesday, you'll be in Tuesday, and then Wednesday, I'm out Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and then the same for the week after as we move forward, and we're good to go. Yep, but about a minute, we're good at okay, No, okay, good, thank you Henry for coming on in. Uh, this maybe the last time I see you.
Speaker 4: Henry. I'll let you know, maybe come in before I'll try to come in. Yeah, okay, you and your guys, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: Okay, graduating, which is when May May sixteenth, So I'm okay, yeah, yeah after that, okay, okay, you're going to be in the big ceremony at the stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you already take those pictures. Everybody's taking those pictures.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't do those. I had.
Speaker 5: I told you that I had a couple of years of experience of announcing names really, which was really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really fun get those names.
Speaker 5: They'd literally hand you the name like and have like one second to look at the name and try to read it out.
Speaker 4: And you can imagine there was some time it was kind of like the WBC. It was I was prepared.
Speaker 5: It was easier to do the WBC than it was to do some Arizona names, but it was It was really fun. I did the stadium and I did Centennial Hall a couple of times, so it was a real blast.
Speaker 4: Cool. I'd butcher those names and everyone knows that. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Dave for coming in, thank your heading for coming in, and thanks for the callers.