Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just cause my dog. Something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was or was it was? Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better New York. Hello, get somebody out here.
Speaker 2: What went on out there?
Speaker 1: I thought of a bit just about six forty nine. I don't know. Easy him out there. Yeah, I'm woking right. Ay.
Speaker 2: Oh, Green's Fred and Alaska. Thanks for joining me today. Getting around to an update of Vincent Wassley's experience. When I initially had shared his experience at anoon a pitchuck up up the river, I hadn't spoken to his sister personally, And since I've had a chance to speak to her.
Speaker 3: He dug out.
Speaker 2: Some photos from a couple of years. After a year or two after with the tracks and the tundra and whatnot. I also heard from some different villagers about some very picking incidences.
Speaker 3: We'll get into it.
Speaker 2: So back in twenty eleven, in the fall, Vincent, his sister Grace, and another relative they went out moose hunting.
Speaker 3: They were a good distance away from the village.
Speaker 2: So what ended up happening is Vincent didn't eat that day, and so where they ended up up shoring up on the river bank. He decided to go up on the tundra, find a berry patch and eat some berries. You get something on the stomach. So he was about one hundred and fifty two hundred feet away from the river bank where his sister and cousin were. As he starts to pick berries, he hears this long drawn out He says, it sounded like a moose call, but like a cow moose.
Speaker 3: Call, just drawn out.
Speaker 2: He realized after sitting there after hearing it that no moose don't make that kind of long drawn out noise.
Speaker 3: Bears sure don't. A man.
Speaker 2: A person just isn't capable of that long and that loud, because he said it echoed around the lake, which if you look on the map, it's a fairly large lake. So as he was sitting there eating his berries, he came to the conclusion of it's probably a hairy man, and he got freaked out.
Speaker 3: So while that was going on, his.
Speaker 2: Sister Grace and their relative were up on this little rise off in the day. Since they saw what she said looked like a something tall and skinny and brown, she was expecting it to be a moose.
Speaker 3: This thing was going.
Speaker 2: Up the rise a little ways, like at a forty five degree angle, and then coming back down by this tree. She kept expecting it to turn broadside and see the moose, but it didn't. After watching it a little bit, she realized it was a hairy man going back and forth. And she said it looked like almost like they were it was looking for something, because it would come down by this little tree and just stand by the tree like it was looking at the tree for something, and then it would go right back over to where it was just real odd behavior, she stated. Her cousin didn't say much different as far as that was concerned. But once Vincent gets back to the skipper from where he was. They just kept it on the hush because Vincent was a little freaked out by it, which I mean totally understandable for something to make that loud of a noise at that distance for it to echo around.
Speaker 3: Look, these are native villagers. They know their area. Just look at the map and they go around there all the time without a map.
Speaker 2: They know their area, they know what's in it, they know where to go for berries, for fishing, the whole bit. So when Vincent gets back to the skiff and asked, hey, did you guys hear that, they left it alone and said no. When Vincent about a week or so later, heard a similar sound on a Bigfoot show, he was like, that was it.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: And then that's when his sister and cousin came forward and said, we heard it too, but you were freaked out and we didn't want to keep you going kind of deal, which is totally understandable something to understand about a lot of natives.
Speaker 3: They don't typically share these things.
Speaker 2: So I'm very thankful to Vincent for coming forward and be willing to share, definitely, because there's a lot of natives that want to remain anonymous, which I totally understand they have to live there, and regardless if everyone knows it's there, there's still, for some reason, there's still this It's almost like a shame type of deal. Even though it's not anyone's fault, any of these experiences that I've shared with you guys, it's no one's fault that they were put in that position. Separate from Vincent, in twenty twenty one, there was a group of women and children near the same area.
Speaker 3: Oh, forgive me, let me back up a little bit.
Speaker 2: A year or two after that experience Vincent had with his sister and cousin, they were further up. They were up the I believe he said it was a Johnson River near the Kowskag Mountains, and that's where the track came from. They thought it was a bear track initially. They followed it through the brush to the opening, saw what kind of track it was, and tracking was over. They got those picks and what have you, which if you look at those tracks, the amount of weight to break through to the soil that's immense.
Speaker 3: You're talking thousand pounds plus.
Speaker 2: I doubt if all three of them that were there at the time jumped on each other's back they could have impressed the ground that deeply, very compelling stuff. And again thanks to Vincent for sharing those picks with us. And I'm sure there's a lot of other villagers with a whole lot of stuff out there.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't get shared around.
Speaker 2: We might see a blip on Facebook here and there, but typically because immediately people will start saying they're fake or whatever. Most natives they just all right, they just don't. They just don't post just because of the ridicule. And I don't blame them, and why I put yourself out there just to be shot down, made fun of, or called the liar things of that nature.
Speaker 3: It's just junk.
Speaker 2: So separate from Vincent, these other villagers in twenty twenty one, they were approximately three point six miles outside of the village. There was a group of women and children and the males that were in the party were off bury picking. The women and children were in this one area near the skiffs, just.
Speaker 3: Doing their thing, hanging out whatever.
Speaker 2: Way off in the distance, they see this dark thing moving backwards and forwards. One of the first things asked to an elder is do we look that tall at that distance? It was a younger person in the group. They all said no, So they all start watching this thing and it's just going back and forth. I asked if there was any creepy feelings, and it was more of a curiosity thing because I think the distance alleviated the immediate fear.
Speaker 3: Well, this went on for a while.
Speaker 2: They wanted to holler and get the attention of the guys that were in the group just down a ways berry picking, but they didn't want to draw attention to the people berry picking and potentially give the hairy man a reason that basically didn't want to draw attention to the berry pickers, so they just they stayed quiet. After a while, once the people made their way back to the skiff, they pointed out they all looked, Well, this thing came and dropped down in the tundra. Whether it was hiding or disappeared somehow, they couldn't tell because of the distance. But it was definitely not a villager. It was too big. I'm just mentally envisioning this thne moving back and forth and then dropping down in the tundra. There's little drops and it's very uneven on the tundra.
Speaker 3: You'll have little mounds, you'll have smaller.
Speaker 2: Rises with maybe some black spruce, all this kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So it's a very terrain. Even though it may look flat on a map, that's not the case.
Speaker 2: Once you get down to the ground, you know you got the spongy moss, the tundra, the berry bushes. It's a bumpy terrain. This thing had just dropped down and basically was either hiding or something else. All they know is that it disappeared. My first thought when I heard that was the spider crawl deal.
Speaker 3: Some creepy shit. Regardless. Another thing, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of my fellow natives that share their experience, their integrity is such that if I missed up on something, I'm gonna hear from Vincent on this because they're very meticulous, because out in the village you need to know exactly what batch of tundra, what this, and that.
Speaker 3: Is, oh, something I had left out.
Speaker 2: There was another very picker during that same thing where the one disappeared that once they talked to this person later, which was right in the immediate area, just not right with the women and children and such. He had his own skiff and was doing his own thing, but near there he reported feeling watched and got creeped out and left out of there soon, so.
Speaker 3: I didn't forget that part.
Speaker 2: Vincent almost did my point, being very meticulous with the integrity of what they're sharing, very meticulous. Again, if I missed anything, I'm sure I'll get a text or a call from Vincent and he'll set me straight on it. I apologize ahead of time if there was any little nuances that were left out from that. Again, Vincent's experience happened in twenty eleven. The following year or the year after, he's not quite sure was when they got the photos on the tundra. The last part of this experience happened to separate villagers in twenty twenty one, again approximately three point six miles away from the village. Vincent is reaching out to other villagers to see if they'll come forward. It can be tough just because of the amount of ridicule. There's people that will post on Facebook and immediately get ripped to shreds by others. And it's really unfortunate because a lot of people doing that, dishing out the ridicule moren't likely have never gotten off their lazy ass and been out in the woods or anywhere remote. You got to understand. This is west of Bethel, north of Nunapitchuk. It's the epitome of remote. You can't get any more remote than that. I make a joke, and I say it jokingly, but you step off the road anywhere in Alaska, you're automatically remote.
Speaker 3: It's just how it is.
Speaker 2: We have moose that come through, we have bears that come through, fox you name it.
Speaker 3: There's wildlife everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's one of the few places like I know down in the States there's black bear problems and stuff like this, and deer will come in. But up here, when the wildlife come through, it's wildlife. There's no tameness to a moose. A moose will stomp you to death.
Speaker 3: I got a.
Speaker 2: Moose that's been coming around for the past few days. I gotta make sure I watch out for the dogs. You gotta go outside first, make sure take a look around with the flashlight. Make sure there's not a moose betted down in your yard, because if you let your dogs out, they're immediately going to run towards the moose. Most is gonna stand up and in Benji's life, you don't want that. That's an ugly scene, trust me. You don't want that at all. Again, thanks to Vincent, Thanks to those other villagers. I also encourage other villagers who have had experiences go ahead and share. I'll keep your name out of it. If you want the exact locations left out. I've already done that several times for others. Let's get these things shared with everybody so that way it's more known and.
Speaker 3: Less likely to run into ridicule in the future.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining me in my backyard again. Finally, the sun came back out and rainy and skeeters are ferocious. What I wanted to share with you today comes from Lorraine now years ago. Lorraine's retired now, but she's a volcanologist. For those who don't know, they study volcanoes up here cat my. It's known as Lanta ten thousand smokes because back in with nineteen twelve or nineteen sixteen, it was the largest volcanic event in North American history. And for a long time there was steam vents and stuff, and they were there to study. And this was back in the seventies. Now, what ended up happening was they fly in, right, they fly in by floatplane. It's her a colleague, the pilot and the guy to watch the bears. Now, Cat, there's a lot of bear hunting that goes on out there, big coastal brown bears, humongous, huge brown bears. Ten foot plus is an uncommon, well over one thousand pounds, really big bears. And so they get out there and they're doing a study for They are checking for whatever kind of particulates near the river and older river beds and just basically doing soil samples, trying to assess whatever. I'm not a volcanologist, so I don't know, but they're basically getting dirt samples and stuff like that for whatever reason they were doing. But anyway, so Laurie said when they were out there, they had flew in early in the morning out of King Salmon, and when they got there, she said, it was weird from the beginning. When they landed the plane, they hiked along this little lake and they went north, just due north. After they landed, she said, the whole time, everyone in the group, the pilots, stayed over by the plane. They had their security guy and her colleague and both of them were wrapped up and talking about bear hunting and this and that. Right, So she's just going along just following along because they got to get up to this point on this kind of a wash out. Now, back in the seventies, it wasn't all vegetated in and have all the undergrowth. It was still wide open. Now on the map you'll see it differently. There's a bunch of vegetation there and stuff. But that's just because I was almost fifty years ago now, which is crazy to say. Anyway, So they get up to where they're going to start taking their samples and work their way back down to the plane take off and go to a different spot. So I'm goen to get up to this point. Their security guy goes up on this little bit of a ridge and is looking around for any sign of brown bears near them, and he's just keeping an eye out while her and her colleague are down by this washout getting their samples or whatever. Now, she said they felt like they were being watched too, the two guys they kept talking about. They kept looking around, saying, man, it feels like we're being watched. Thought nothing of it. They're out in the wilds of Alaska, You're bound to feel a little a little weird. As they're going along, she stops and she's doing whatever with a little spade shovel. She's moving some stuff around, looking for smaller particulars from the e or whatever. She's just just digging through the dirt basicle.
Speaker 3: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after these messages, she said. All of a sudden, she gets this overwhelming hurt to look up. And what she does.
Speaker 2: She looks directly in front of her and in the brush, which isn't as big as it is now. She said, it was about five foot tall brush. When she looks over to it, she notices a dark shape kind of sink down in there, and at first she thought it was a wind blowing and just getting her attention that way, just thought it was a shadow. Her colleague had his back towards this thing and it was facing her, and she points out to him, Hey, there was a dark mass over there in the brush. Guys like, oh, we got our guy watching for bears or whatever. We should be okay, so let's focus on the work. Let's get out of here. As they were having that little conversation, she's looking over his shoulder as he's talking to her, and from what she said, this thing peaked up, saw it peek up, and she wasn't sure what she was seeing, and then she saw it move off. Now, I asked her, what did you see when it moved off? And all she saw was this roundish looking head, real dark, couldn't make anything out because of the distance, and it moved from directly in front of her off to her left through the brush, going away from them. She mentions it again because she didn't know what it was. She thought it was maybe a bear peeking. And so her colleague stands up and yells at the guy up on the ridge and starts pointing back behind him. Hey, look over, is there anything what's going on over here? Guys looking to a scope in his rifle and he just shrugs, waves that's okay or whatever. So her colleague, trusting this guy, was like, okay, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: He looked, it's okay. So they move on down.
Speaker 2: Basically, what they're doing is working their way back down to where the floatplane is parked, so they get to their second spot again. For whatever reason, they're just gathering these samples, and I guess it's for dispersion of whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm not a volcanologist.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So they get to the second spot, but the whole time they were walking down this old wash out, she sensed very heavily that she was being watched, and she kept getting the feeling like something's just not right. And so from what Lorraine said was is when they get to the second spot, her colleague was very uneasy. She said she never seen him look so out of place. He was fidgety, he was looking around, and she asked, hey, is everything okay, and he said, look, I don't feel right. I feel like I'm being stared at. They're both looking around and they're not seeing anything. And as they're doing that, when they were leaving the first spot, they had signaled for the guy with the rifle that they're moving, and so he was shortly behind them. Bad idea. You don't want your security so far away that you can't do your job. Anyway, it is what it is. So he comes up. He's standing over him and looking around, and her colleague is letting him know, hey, I don't feel right.
Speaker 3: Something's off.
Speaker 2: So as he's explaining to the guy with the gun, the security guy, what he was feeling or whatever, they both start looking off into the brush to the west as they're doing so, their security guy goes, oh, I see the bear.
Speaker 3: I see the bear.
Speaker 2: I'll go check it out. So he circles off to the left and starts cutting up in the brush, yelling, hey bear. And so they're watching what's unfolding right as a security guy, she said, walks off to the left and is going approaching the brush, making all this noise, waiting for this bear to bust out of there or run away or whatever. All of a sudden, directly in front of her and her colleague, because they're looking off to their left, but directly in front of them, this thing stands up and looks down at Lorraine and her colleague sees it first. Lorraine's still looking at security guy. Her colleague snatches her and faces her that direction, and she immediately sees it.
Speaker 3: She said it was massive.
Speaker 2: She said that the sun was coming up behind them and it it up. And she said the skin was black. The skin was black, the hair looked brown. Couldn't make out too many features in the face because it was just a little too far away to make out features. But she could see the glint of the daylight in this thing's black eyes. And she said it was just looking at her, and she said the feeling she had was that it was sizing up the situation. Now that's all speculative, it's twenty twenty hindsight type things. She's had fifty years to dwell on it. I tend to take people's feelings in these circumstances over speculation, and her feeling was is that she was being observed and sized up. The group was being sized up. So immediately she screams very loud, gets the attention of the guy with the gun who is off to their left, and the brush is obscuring what they're seeing. So he comes running back over and he's running about half ready with the rifle, and he gets to the point and just as he sees this thing, it drops down out of you and they hear rush moving away down to the south right southwest. Immediately the guys, we gotta go, we gotta go. So from that second position they move on down and they were just getting overby where the plane was. They're within one hundred yards of the plane.
Speaker 3: They could see it. And as they were.
Speaker 2: Doing so, they get to a point to where they got to go through the brush and it's real thick, so they're trying to pick a spot to go through, and there's a little bit of a creek coming out from there. At that point there was the beginnings of a beaver dam that they were trying to negotiate and get back and forth around, and she said, as they were circling back, going a little bit north to find a little bit of a game trail to cut through, because there's bear trails everywhere. She said, as they were looking for that, all of a sudden, the guy with the rifle screams and they all turn around. Her and a colleague turn around to look to see what he's doing. And he's yelling at this thing in the brush. That's just she said, it kept cocking his head to the side, kind of like a curious dog would, just looking at him. I'm like, what am I seeing? And they're doing the same thing back.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: In hindsight, it was comical because you got this large creature and these three people were looking at it, and they're all doing this number like looking at each other, like what the hell is that?
Speaker 3: She said. She wasn't laughing at the time, but she can laugh about it now. She said.
Speaker 2: The guy with a rifle fire is a shot off right in the air because he's freaked out. This thing just takes off just directly away from him. Gone, she said. They bust through the brush heading back towards the plane. They lost a bunch of their materials. They didn't give a flying rats ass right. They get through there, and the pilot is out on the pontoon and he's got his pistol in his hand. Is everyone okay? Is everyone okay? And they're like, yeah, we're fine, we're fine. We just saw something over there. Immediately the pilots said, yeah, we got big bears over here. You know that. I take hunters out here all the time. YadA, It's just a big brown bear. Don't worry, just get on board. We'll go somewhere else or whatever.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: What really bothered her is she was trying to get the words to share what they had actually seen, and her colleague immediately was like, don't say nothing. And the guy with the gun, the security guy, who was his own person. He wasn't obligated to anyone but himself, he was just hired on for a job. He tells the pilot it was a bear. I saw the bear. We're fine, let's go it took off, and that's where she left it. She didn't press the issue with her colleague. She talked to her colleague later on and was trying to engage everything he saw because she kept doubting everything she's seen, and so she kept engaging him over the course the next couple months as they were working what do you think that was? What do you really think that was? And the guy just would shake his head and change his subjects. So she left it alone. Her grandson reached out to me and asked me if I would give her a call, and I told him, hey, you have her call me, because I don't want to pressure anybody. If they don't want to share, they don't want to share. I'm still waiting to hear from the people who recorded that video. Sometimes people haven't experience and they don't want to carry on about it or whatever.
Speaker 3: They just move forward.
Speaker 2: Had him tell her to give me a call if she felt like it, and she reached out, and I want to say thank you, Lorraine. I know it was one of those things that you don't really want to relive, and I get it. Yeah, it can be rough, It really can, especially when the people around you are not denying it, but just not really willing to engage and conversate about it. I'm going to thank you guys for joining me. I want to thank Lorraine especially for reaching out for those who have had an experience. Man, don't beat yourself up because you didn't ask for that shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people who self medicate.
Speaker 2: They get very closed off to everyone around them because they don't know how to cope with this type of stuff, and it really sucks. So I want to thank her for reaching out. It'd being difficult and all. Well, what I want to share with you today comes from right nearby, just west to doing him.
Speaker 3: Snake River.
Speaker 2: Now, this, according what Corey was saying, happened about a decade ago. Okay, so what he was doing was helping a friend of his, Bob, take a skiff that he was trying to sell up the Snake River up to the lake. There was a local guy up there that wanted to purchase it. If he could get it there, he would purchase it. So Bob happened to have picked this particular skiff up from a different outfitter buddy who was updating his fleet. Basically, the boats he used for his guide service. So what Corey said was he agreed to go along just for the adventure of it, which I totally get I would too. He goes along with him, and he's having a great time because he spent a couple of days up the Nushigek River where Bob was getting the skiff from and all this stuff. It was an adventure, right. Corey was actually going to work on a fishing boat once the season started up, so this was just before everything started kicking off real heavy. So it goes with Bob and they get up the Snake River. They were just above the tidal area, which is quite a ways in there, and so they come up to the spot and the motor was overheating.
Speaker 3: It wasn't filtering water through.
Speaker 2: So Bob wanted to stop before it causing any damage and work it out, you know what I mean. He had tools with him and everything. He's just getting ready to sell this thing. He doesn't need it acting up when he gets to the potential buyer.
Speaker 3: And this is still relatively.
Speaker 2: Early in the morning from what Corey was saying, And so they stopped and Bob gets to work. Corey brings a bear gun and he starts exploring. Basically, he lets Bob know, hey, I'm gonna walk through the brush over this way. I'm gonna check out the marsh over there. There's a couple of ponds a little further over and whatnot. Corey liked wildlife, like ducks and stuff, and there was happened to be ducks and some snow geese and some other stuff landing over there, so he wanted to go and check it out. Bob's like, be careful, watch out for bears, and don't be long. Check in with me every once in a while. So no, you're okay, Corey is sure, no problem. Corey isn't an outdoors man at all.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: This job on the salmon boat, he got it out of happenstance from a friend in Seattle. So he's genuinely awestruck the beauty of the area, fresh air. He's having the time of his life initially. So he gets up and he's watching the swampy area and he's got an eye on the ducks and stuff, and he starts catching this weird smell.
Speaker 3: He heard bears smell bad. So I'm going to head back.
Speaker 2: So he turns around he gets up from where he was sitting and he starts walking back towards where the skiff is parked, and he's maybe one hundred yards away ish somewhere in there, maybe a hair more, and he could see Bob down there doing his thing, like the cowing's off, the motor's kicked up, and Bob's obviously still working on the skiff. So he turns around and starts looking around to see if he could spot this bear.
Speaker 3: He hollers back towards Bob.
Speaker 2: After he circles around and didn't see anything, he hollers back. Bob waves him over right, come over here. I can't hear you or whatever. He takes his short jot just gets back over there. He said it was weird. The whole time he was walking back to tell Bob about the weird smell, he kept feeling watched. And so when he gets over there, Bob says, hey, I don't have that much longer.
Speaker 3: I'll be done.
Speaker 2: We'll fire it up all this kind of stuff and we should be able to get going here. I want to get up there and get done. Corey has no problem. Hey there's a weird smell, and he goes it's probably just a bear. Just stay close, don't go so far away, so that way, if something God forbid does happen, I can help out and be closer or whatever.
Speaker 3: And so Cory's he had no problem.
Speaker 2: Ask him how long he'd be said about forty five more minutes tops, and Corey starts walking off again and he goes about half the distance and getting that smell again. So he's really nervous because he doesn't know squad about bears. So he said he started looking around and there was just small brush mainly for the most part, but off to his left, he said, yeah, and he's guessing because he wasn't all that great with distances, but he's guessing maybe fifty to seventy feet away was this brush that seemed.
Speaker 3: To be moving with no wind blowing. So he was immediately like, oh, hey bear, hey bear.
Speaker 2: Starts yelling out his friend Bob is get your ass back over here, because he heard him saying, hey bear, hey bear.
Speaker 3: Bob wanted him close.
Speaker 2: So Bob stops what he's doing, grabs his handgun and gets out of the skiff and up on the bank and starts walking in the direction where Corey's standing. Because Cory said, once that brush started moving, he felt like his legs were cemented to the ground. He got instantly scared, really bad. Was like he was stuck in place a fight or flight. He was stuck, and so Bob's walking over to him, and he said, Bob had covered about half the distance when all of a sudden, the brush just came alive with this god awful noise, and the brush was shaking and it was a growl mixed with a scream that unglued his feet. He said, his feet were no longer in cement, and he took off running. Bob's walking his path straight to him. Right, So all this transpires, Bob's standing there, He's got his gun out. He's looking in the direction of the brush, like what the hell? Corey was spooped like a jack rabbit, he said. He turned and took off running, and as he was running, he wasn't watching where he was going. He was looking back at the brush and plows right into Bob. Because Bob was focused on the brush, didn't realize Corey was that freaked out and was going to mow him down, you know what I mean. So he knocks him over. They both jump back up real quick. Bob's cussing, what the hell's wrong with you? Watch where the hell you're going?
Speaker 3: Man? You don't run, you don't run.
Speaker 2: Corey wasn't hearing none of it because when he had fallen down, he had dropped the shotgun and just continued running to the skiff and Bob's trying to get him to stop. Bob holsters a pistol, picks up the shotgun and is looking over because that situation still happening over in the brush. Bob was like, what the hell Corey could hear Bob saying, what the hell? What the hell is that? What the hell is that?
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: According to what Corey said, when he got to the skiff, he's looking back at Bob yelling at him.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: As he's yelling at him, he said, Bob turned and looked at him to tell him to quiet down. He was trying to listen because there's some noises going on that Corey couldn't make out. As Bob is looking at him telling him to calm down, Corey can see passed him into the brush and this thing stands up, and Corey said when that thing stood up, he instantly felt sick to his stomach. He felt everything just churned and curdled in his stomach immediately. He said, it was dark, that's all he saw, was like a dark manlike figure. When Bob turns and sees it, Bob was like holy. He started freaking out, and he points the shotgun in that direction and starts yelling, get out of here, get out of here. This thing lets out a weird bellow. He couldn't really explaining it too well, but sounded just this god awful noise. It lets out this bellow towards them and then nonchalantly starts walking off and Bob as soon as it turns and is walking away and not focused on Bob. Bob starts running back to the skiff as well, and is yelling at Corey to get the calling on the motor, get the calling on the motor or whatever. Corey doesn't know what the hell he's doing. There was still work to do on it, and there's some tools out and stuff. Corey didn't know, so he just froze. He was like, I don't know. So Bob comes running over, hands him the shotgun says, you keep an eye out on that thing and tell me what it's doing.
Speaker 3: Corey wanted no part of it. He was freaked out.
Speaker 2: So he's standing there on one of the rungs of the skiff trying to look that direction, and once it walked off and got a certain distance, he couldn't see shit. Bob's doing this thing with the motor, getting what he was doing back together. Once he did and fires it up, it seemed to be working better the stream of water that circulates through because it's got this little pump that sucks water through as a coolant and spits it out, and so it seemed to be operating better or whatever. And so they push off, they back out, and they start ripping up river. According to what Corey said, happened next was they get about three bends up. The bends aren't real tight, so in a big scheme of things, they weren't traveling very far north. It was just it was eating up by these curves.
Speaker 3: Going around in the river.
Speaker 2: And again, the location I show on the map is strictly a reference. It's not the exact place because Corey was unable to figure out the exact place first time up there a lot of first times for him that day. So he said, when they were about three more binds up going along, he was freaking out and Bob was a laughing. I don't know what the hell that was, man, but it was massive. And so they're going along and Bob slows down, bottles down and is looking up on the bank and points, and Corey turns and looks, and there it was, standing over off the river bank, looking at him in the brush. It was standing there. It wasn't doing anything but just standing and watching. Bob starts yelling at it, and it stood there. Finally he stopped yelling, and whatever he was doing, it fired back up, and they continued on.
Speaker 3: The cell went through, they got rid of the skiff.
Speaker 2: They got a ride from a friend from Snakelike back to Dillingham, and they were going to go out the next day back to camp. Bob was going to return to his job basically, and Corey was just going to stand Dillingham. Corey said that when he was in Dillingham he went down to the Cnbar that's right down from and End.
Speaker 3: Anyone who's been to Dillingham.
Speaker 2: Knows Cnbar, So he said he was in there. This was like a day after and it just opened, so there was only like maybe two people in there. But he saw an older Native guy and he doesn't remember the guy's name, but he went over to him and asked him, Hey, you ever hear anything weird about the Snake River. Here's what happened to us, and lays it out and he said the old Native guy just chuckled at him and just went on about his business, didn't even really, outside of chuckling at him, give any acknowledgment to what anything. Corey said, I told him that's not uncommon. He thought the old guy was rude, which is fair enough. He was just looking for some info, but hey, it is what it is in a small town. I want to thank Corey for sharing. For people that go out there wanting an encounter, you got to be careful what you wish for, because things happen, man, and the shock to the system is just it's not what you think it's going to be. It's not a Patterson Gimlin moment. A lot of times, it's real quick and it's startling, and it's for a lot of people life changing. I'm gonna thank Corey for reaching out and I appreciate you guys' patience. On that, we'll cut you on the next one.
Speaker 3: They say, you don't gotta go home, but you can't.
Speaker 4: Stay, said step step step.
Speaker 5: Chid, this child, that child, everything came right back, pride.
Speaker 3: Back, joy for me, joy staying right.
Speaker 5: You come in right away. Still still stass ss st st stusts fact dot dot dot about thessists us stisst us these things