Speaker 1: An amazing Doctor Sky, Doctor Sky, who's in weather of one hundred and fifteen degrees.
Speaker 2: Doctor Sky, well, good morning, Walter, ninety nine degrees. Still as we move through time and space, it's unbelievable. I want to when this heat will end. But I chose to live here, so I guess I got to deal with it.
Speaker 1: It was a choice. And just like most people wherever they live, they're always surprised by their weather, as though it was a secret and sorry. The people in the Midwest are surprised at the ten feet of snow every winter and they're like, oh, absolutely, absolutely. Now. There are two big stories here that I think are Doctor Sky appropriate. However, sir, you are welcome to discuss anything you wish on the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: This is your stage, sir, thank you for the opportunity, as we like to say Walter in our own program. And I'm sure you would agree. A theater of the mine where we explored because we're not watching this in the video realm. But it's amazing. But one of the lead stories that I find fascinating and I know you would agree, is China has absolutely demonstrated a different technology from space. You know, we don't walk starline.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this.
Speaker 2: This is what you're not believable, guy, is totally crazy because starlink and all the things that they're doing are absolutely amazing. As you've said to me before, it's a miracle with starlink, it really is. Now China, this goes back now Walter, to June seventeenth of twenty twenty five. So this is not a new discovery. What have they done from a geosynchronous satellite, which means one that's way out there, about twenty two thousand miles above the Earth, not lower Earth orbit, the Chinese geosynchronous satellite sent a two watt powered laser beam down to the Earth in the infrared, okay, not something you'd probably see. And it made it to the ground with a one gigawat you know, transmission rate of one gigabyte as its downloadable speed, which is incredible from that distance. So why are we talking about this? Is that space communications and it's not just the Chinese water that have led the way in this. It's just that what they've done is incredible. Imagine a two watt laser, tiny little powerful thing like that, minimal power and it has to do something else. This gets very technical that we'll keep it family friendly. When any signal comes down from space like this in the form of a laser, you have the Earth's atmosphere that distorts it, so it separates the beam away from it. But we got to go back to the definition of what a laser really is. Light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation sounds like a mouthful, right In the nineteen sixties, the US Corporation developed the first lasers macket. That's amazing, and they use what they call coherence. Now that is not the confused people. They take two beams of light and you coherent, meaning you focus them together. So the problem with the Chinese satellite, or the problem with sending a spacecraft or a light image like that, is that when it hits the atmosphere, the signal distorts itself. So through something even more complicated on the ground, it's called adaptive optics. Tell us dopes use that so they can, you know, kind of filter out the atmospheric turbulence and do this so that in the future we'll hopefully be seeing incredible communications. The Artemis two has done this. But the very first Walter laser communication from space was back in two thousand and one, believe it or not, the ESA, European Space Agency, they sent one signal of cross space to a smaller satellite. So isn't that incredible download speeds of one gigabyte you know, you know per second type of speeds the download and if we're used to getting this from our internet provider twenty two thousand miles in space, look at the future water of being able to communicate over light beams in the infrared. Amazing.
Speaker 1: And this was a almost no power.
Speaker 2: Laser absolutely wants is tiny.
Speaker 1: Tiny, and it destroyed a Starling satellite.
Speaker 2: Well, no, let me qualify this. That line the headline, see this is where some in the media get click at it right. The story indicates China smashes Starlink satellite. What they really mean is the record, not destroying the satellite in space. So the Chinese to qualify it, they did not aim this weapon. If they want to call it a weapon in space like a weapon, it's not. It's a communication device. So it didn't destroy a Starlink satellite. It just broke a record. But I'm sure Elon has probably got some things that he's going to come out with. So the commonality of this Walter, I think in the future we're going to be able to see over long distances. And here's one for the record. The Psyche spacecraft that's actually now going towards this asteroid. It's going to look and kind of orbit it. It's probably the core of an old planet solid metal. Could make somebody if you could tow it back to Earth a quadrillion there. But here's what happened. The longest distance of any of these laser communication links has been done with the Psyche. It did it ready for this one three hundred and seven million miles away in December of twenty twenty four. It sent a signal. So looks bright to communicate in space with minimal power and this great technology.
Speaker 1: You know, when we go over the ancient stone cutting, the pyramids, other major monoliths, they over and over again, see the only way this could have been cut this precisely is with a laser. Absolutely, it's reported repeatedly, and I started to think, well, maybe a laser is not so hard. Maybe the ancients had lasers and they didn't think it was a big deal. Is that possible.
Speaker 2: Anything's possible, Walter. But let's go back to the things that you talk about so deeply, and I appreciate hearing you and the stuff and the information you bring to the audience. What about cattle mutilations that have taken place over time? I mean, that was a really big story. I don't hear much about it now, but they say that the exhumed bodies of the cattle were cut with such precision that somebody with a regular knife couldn't have done that. So who knows. You know, the mysteries of the universe continue. But going back in time, there maybe there were some space visitors that came and introduced to us some kind of plasma cutter or something off this planet. It's just amazing to ponder those mysteries.
Speaker 1: What are some of the other stories you've been working with last week? Next week? What do you got going on well.
Speaker 2: This past week? And people can go again to the WABC website for the podcast for the Doctor's Sky Experience, I was honored to have a gentleman who was a co discoverer. Here's an interesting one of an asteroid called a p office. If you go back into the mythology of this. It's actually named for an Egyptian war god. And what's Apophus. It's an asteroid Walter that's about twelve hundred feet in diameter, and everybody's on Earth. Everybody on Earth is going to hear a lot about this. Marked the date of April thirteenth, twenty twenty nine. It's going to pass right within or closer than what we talked about a moment ago, the geosynchronous satellite orbit. And it's that big. Not to alarm people, but doctor David Holan, one of the co discoverers, he was in Hawaii and he was experienced La Lah the almost hurricane, a hurricane that passed. But the importance of that is we don't really know all the details about this, and changes could happen. Again, I'm out of my league if I talk about anything with accuracy here, because nobody knows when and how this asteroid will react. But if it were to hit the Earth, which is a you know, hopefully not never to have happened, a twelve hundred foot in diameter object, it would create such an incredible blast. And as you know, astronomers have done calculations on this of what this would mean and we're talking about maybe twelve hundred megatons of released energy if it actually struck the ocean or it struck the ground. But that's something even more bizarre. And if we go back to the sixty five million year ago event, which we know as the Chi Salube which hit off the Yucatan, that one had one hundred million megatons, of course, and we saw what happened. But it was an honor to speak with him. And this weekend we're going to delve into the mystery of earthquakes because we have a young lady who's I've been trying to get her to be on the show, but she'd been so busy. Why because she's one of the chief spokespersons for the United States Geologic Survey, talking about isn't it amazing While there's so many incidences of earthquakes all over the world, something's happening, and hopefully we'll get some answers as to what's really going on there. But don't forget when you look in the skies. We always like to give everybody a tip on what's happening. If you look in the southeast sky, more toward the eastern portion of the country, right now and soon to rise in the west. An object that you'll see with the naked eye that you're looking at there, which is most amazing. It's the planet Saturn and it's eight hundred and thirteen million miles away from your eyes. So if you have a telescope in there and you know the opportunity to use it, you're going to be able to see the beautiful ring system of Saturn and light as we talked about before, would still take an incredible, oh, probably an hour, maybe seventy two minutes if you jumped on a light beam which is six hundred and seventy million miles an hour, or conveniently, Walter, eleven million miles a minute. That's a heck of a lot faster than most people have ever traveled. That's amazing, It.
Speaker 1: Is amazing, and we'll be able to see that. With a traditional telescope, we'll be able to see Saturn.
Speaker 2: You can see it with the naked eye, but obviously the telescope can through the ring system. And it's amazing. I mean, we do this in public events all over the place for maybe the last thirty years, and Walter, it's so amazing. People look at me and they say, ah, that's not real. You know, you must have put like a slide at the front of the telescope. But it's amazing, Walter, the mysteries that we talk about, as you talk about, it's just incredible because in our busy daytime lives, many of us don't have the opportunity, do not have the opportunity to expand. And obviously what you do, of course taking us to the break of dawn Monday through Friday, and what we try to do on the weekend as to what open people's minds on mysteries, give them the opportunity to learn something new all the time, and some of those things are just literally mind boggling.
Speaker 1: Doctor Sky, tell us exactly what time you're on the air.
Speaker 2: Friday's midnight to two am Saturday morning, Eastern daylight time, and then Saturday midnight to two am Sunday Eastern daylighttime. The Doctor's gun experience, and if you'd like to send me an email, it's just DRSK why of course at WABC Radio dot com. And what an opportunity won't there and want an honor to be able to sit behind the microphone and share with people these different mysteries and you know we could do shows well, just like yourself. There's never a lack of topics to talk about. So it's amazing to share these mysteries. Look, you do and many of the other people here on this great station.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you do it best, Doctor Sky, you very kind. Now I listened to you to hear. Oh that's how you're supposed to do it. Okay, I got it. And it's funny your voice and the time you're on. I always envision the same, the same picture, the same tableau, which is a magnificent, pristine eighteen wheeler with a gentleman who is well suited, nice uniform, really good coffee, fly in, fly in at eighty miles an hour route eighty east to west, and just listening to you. And if he blinks up, you can see that sky and if he looks ahead, it's not quite as dark as it could be because of the brilliance of the heavens. So doctor Sky, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a pleasure. And those that are driving the eighteen wheelers and all people that work through at midnight into the daylight, it's an amazing audience like you have, Walter and carrying the Torch here on talk radio seventy seven WABC. An honor to be with you, and honor to be on this station and the great listeners