Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much to Cole. Indeed, probably catch the end of that game, well maybe not. Whatever the Bruins need, I didn't need to win tonight, and we need a great show tonight, that is for sure. We've had a couple of good ones this week, and I think we got a good one lined up for you tonight. My name is Dan Ray, the host of Nightside. Thanks very much to Cole, and Rob Brooks is back in the control room. As always, no calls this hour. We have four guests this hour and we will talk about four really different subjects. I enjoy doing this and I hope some of you enjoy listening to it. Let us start off with our first guest tonight, and I would like to introduce to all of you from Tough's University. He is the director of Optometry at the New England I Center at Tough's Medical Center, and it is doctor g Hey Kwan DOCTA Quan. Welcome tonight, said, it's nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Hi, nice to meet you, Dan. Thank you for having.
Speaker 2: Me well, thank you very much. We're coming up on Halloween, and everybody knows that Halloween could be a dangerous time for the little goblins out there who are trying to get some candy. What what what should parents be thinking about as they address their little ones up for some activity on Halloween evening? What's what are some of the things they should be concerned about.
Speaker 3: Well, basically, there's just some common sense tips that parents should think about in order to avoid eye injury and infections during the holiday season. For Halloween, obviously, people are wearing lots of eye makeup and glitter and lashes as part of their costumes and masks, and you know, other types of you know, associated paraphernalia in terms of like point sword, pirate swords and things like that that you know can potentially cause eye injury. So a little bit of you know, knowledge and prevention can keep your eyes safe and healthy during the Halloween season.
Speaker 2: So I know that at this time of year there's all sorts of paraphernalia that the you know, the costumes and the pirates they have. My understanding is that if you put a patch over your eye, it can it can affect obviously your depth perception. So there's there's some other issues that deal with the eye too. For again, some of these costume accessories, including eye you know, eye patches, tell us about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. You know, lots of people have cool costumes and some of them include, you know, these props, and some of them are kind of pointy types of accessories. So like you mentioned earlier, like pirate swords, which is wands and light sabers, and you know, those can potentially cause eye injury, especially dim and crowded environments, and so sometimes it's worth looking at these props and especially for the little ones, making sure that you're you know, of avoiding or limiting those pointz accessories. You can put masking tape over those. And as you said, like in terms of full faced masks, pirate patches and things like that, you know, in dim environments it can actually limit people's depth perception and peripheral vision actually, and so it's important, you know, to be aware that they should be running or being you know, cautious about being in dark environments where masks may be your vision. Actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of the things that whenever it's a long time ago, when we would accompany our kids when they were young six seven years old. As they got older, of course, they wanted nothing to do with us, and they wanted to be on their own. But one of the things that is amazing is that for me, when you see the kids running, they have this sixth sense. They seem to be able to avoid things. As parents, you're walking on to properties that up paths that you're not familiar with, I guess you should caution. We should caution parents to make sure that the young ones are not just running across lawns. You know, they should just walk and take it a little easy and enjoy the night despite all of the excitement, because if they trip and fall, particularly with some of those items in their hand, you know, whether it's a broomstick or you know, pirate sword or something like that, it can be really dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, I would agree with you. So a little bit of you know, prevention, can you know, prevent you know, other eye injuries and other injuries as well.
Speaker 2: So for sure, I know that around the fourth of July every year, we talked either to you know, someone from TV so one of the other great eye institutions here in the Greater Boston area, and they're very concerned at that time about fireworks and all of that. So fireworks is not associated with Halloween. I I guess maybe some of the older kids might throw a fire cracker here or there, but they're interested in getting that bag opening up and getting as much candy as they can. Yes, what is in your opinion is I assume probably the dangers are almost the same. I mean, they're they're a real injury dangers associated with Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, as you said in July, certainly fireworks injuries can be an issue because you certainly can get burn injuries and traumatic eye injuries from that sort of explosive type of event during the Halloween season. The things we, you know, want parents to watch out for is, you know, that kind of dnse eye makeup that makes up part of your costume and some of the glitter and things that they're using to create the costumes, and how sometimes that can end up creating you know, redness or swollen eyelids and things like that. And then also those you know, non description novelty costume contact lenses that people might be using to sort of complete their outfits. You know, if you're getting contact lenses and they're not really from a reputable seller and they have any potential you know, contamination, then that can increase your risk of you know, red eyes and abrasions and then sometimes even more serious bacterial infections actually, so we do want people to be careful about getting unregulated contact lenses which could be contaminated, and then making sure that they're purchasing lenses from retailers you know who require you know, prescriptions for them and they're selling FDA proof products. And then you know, of course like not sharing contacts and then always removing contacts before going to sleep. And then same thing with some of the other accessories like I make up, glitter fallse eye lashes, which are also very popular now. So those kinds of glitter and small particles and even lash flue can also fall into the eye and cause abrasions and conjunctivitis or red eyes and things like that as well. So again things to keep in mind to try to keep the eye or ocular surface safe from harm. And then certainly if people are getting these types of residue around the eyes, to make sure that they're washing off that makeup and flushing the eyes if there's any irritants on the surface. But yeah, all basically tips to make sure your eyes stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you, I think you've covered the waterfront for us with the thoroughness of your presentation. Again, it's a lot to think about for parents and particularly kids who want to outdo their friends and they want to have the wildest costume or they want to have they want to have as much face paint on their face as possible, and it can be dangerous. Thank you so much, doctor chi Ha Kwan. A pleasure to have spoken with you, Tan and love to have you have you back. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thanks so much for having me. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate your time tonight and we will talk again. Thanks again. All right, as happy Halloween to everyone. Coming up on the other side, we're going to talk about with a different doctor. This doctor is going to talk to us about mental health at work. I think all of us can relate to how important our jobs are in our lives, and how important having a good working environment and a job that provides you with some real sense of accomplishment. It really does play into the other portions of your life. We have our family lives, we have our social lives, but we also have our work lives, and I think they all need to work in conjunction, and we're going to talk with a doctor about mental health at works specifically right after this break on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a subject I think that we all can relate to happiness and a happy outlook towards your mental health at work. Joining us as doctor Ivan Meisner. Doctor Meisner, welcome to night Side. Not a minute too soon. By the way, there are a lot of people who are really being frustrated with their mental health as it relates to their work. Tell us about that. You apparently have spent a lot of time in your career dealing with this who issue. Is it getting worse getting better? Give us the overview.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, let me tell you my PhD is an organizational behavior not psychology, so I have a business slant. But the answer your question is yes, people are, you know, getting more and more burned out. And I think there's a lot of reasons for it. I mean, I was sitting here listening to some of your commercials and they're really good commercials, and you're talking about food and what people eat. I think that really impacts people's mental health, which they don't think about, but it absolutely does. One of the things to avoid burnout from an organizational perspective is to try to focus on the things that are in your flame as much as possible, in your flame versus your wax. When you're in your flame, you're excited, you're passionate, you're excited, and people can hear it in your voice. They can see it in the way you behave. When you're in your wax, it just takes all your energy away. They can hear that in your voice, and they can see that in the way you behave. I'm a I'm.
Speaker 2: A big believer, and I want to talk about your new book, The Third Paradigm, a Radical Shift to Greater Success. I will want to talk about that, but I also like to talk to you about and I played a lot of sports as a kid, and you know, on to high school and college and your best coaches with the coaches who made you better, and you know, often a pat on the back to an athlete is a lot more effective than a kick in the butt. And you know, I've been in this business of journalism for a long time, five decades, and I've had great managers and I've had horrible managers. Most Major League Baseball players they tell you the same thing. You ask them who the best manager is, They'll always give you the name of someone if you ask them who they are worst managers. Now, I have no doubt about it. And what demand How much do managers play in the mental health of their employees? How critical a role is if a managers to understand how to motivate their employees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, First of all, I would say, you can't motivate anyone. They have to motivate themselves. However, you can inspire somebody to motivate themselves. And there's a lot of research on this going back many many years. Harvard Business Review, Frederick Herzberg talking about how do you motivate people? And one of the things he talks about is keita ki t a. It's called it's an acronym, it's kick in the anatomy, he calls it. And he says, that doesn't work, that doesn't work. As matter of fact, that undermines you because when.
Speaker 2: You are that's what I just I think that's what I just proposed as a proposition.
Speaker 4: Yes it is, and I'm agreeing with you completely because what happens is people will then undermine the boss because they've been so negative with them. What works better is the is the support, is the telling them what they're doing right. These are the things that motivate people, which is very interesting. Money even money actually doesn't motivate people. It's a dissatisfier. People are unhappy because they don't make enough money, but they're never happy because they make so much. What makes people happy is the is opportunity, you know, recognition. Those are the things that make people happy. So yeah, a boss can make a big difference in someone's Like I was just talking to my wife literally ten minutes ago, but who my best boss was in my life? And it was a woman when I was twenty twenty three years old. Her first name is Annie, and she was the best boss I ever had because she was like, you just do your job, tell me when you need help, I'll be there for you. Otherwise I'm just gonna leave you alone and let you run with it. And if you if you get off track, I'll tell you otherwise go.
Speaker 5: She was a great boss. I loved her.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, I mean it's the same way I think a lot in terms of sports, and you know, you don't have to. You know, when a guy strikes out, you don't have to be all I'm saying. You know, how'd you miss that pitch? I mean, you know he strikes out, he feels.
Speaker 4: Bad enough, you know he feels better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, why'd you throw the slider?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 2: You know the books that don't throw the slider or I throw this whatever. Okay, so let's let's come back to the to the broad up question, and that is our Americans at this point, three years out of COVID or two and a half, he is However, you want to judge out cold, are we happier or less happy at work?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I haven't looked at the data on that, but I would say generally, for the last twenty years, people have said they're unhappy at work because they don't feel fulfilled and they're either in the wrong job or they have they're they're doing work that they don't like, and that certainly creates a burnout. And that's been going on for some time. That's not a new phenomenon. And that's why you know, I tell people, you know, find something that you love to do. If you don't, if you're not doing something, you love to do. You're gonna you're gonna hate your work.
Speaker 2: Let me talk about your book. The third paradigm. I didn't even know what the first of the second ones, but we're onto the third radical shift to greater success.
Speaker 4: What's the things, Well, the first paradigm is a competition, and that was really the first element of business management teaching was competing and putting the guy out of business. The second is cooperation, let's work together and try and figure things out McGregor, theory X, theory Y. The third is co creation where you actually create something together as a team. Now, that inspires people by the way that gets That lights people up when they get to participate in the decision making of some important project. A good example of it is crowd sourcing. Crowdsourcing is probably the most well known example of co creation, and co creation is incredibly powerful, and that's what the book talks about. We surveyed four thousand people to get the data that we had.
Speaker 2: In that and the conclusion is to put it in language that all of us would best understand. You're talking about whether you're in a big office and you're working with fifty fellow employees or you're a small business and you're working with three or four people. If you work together as a team, it's more satisfying than the just doing your own thing in that cubicle and and not interacting with other people. That's what I'm taking from what you're telling him. How far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, let's look at the actual data. Diversity of ideas is the number one factor in the survey of four thousand people. People feel like you get diverse ideas. That's powerful, learning from each other, stronger relationships, seeing areas of the business that you wouldn't otherwise see. That's powerful. In co creation, more empowered teams, increase quality of creativity, shared resources. These are all the benefits of co creation. But there are some downsides. If you want me to talk about those.
Speaker 2: Sure, once you top about the book, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Personality conflicts In co creation, personality conflict is the number one factor that creates challenges. Well, you know, just people not getting along.
Speaker 2: I got an idea, you got an idea. I think my idea is better than your idea. And as opposed to working cooperatively, we're working against one of the because.
Speaker 4: I want exactly and undermine each other, which isn't good. Yeah, and you know, in the co creative process, the leader the manager needs to be saying, look, you can disagree without being disagreeable. So you've got to work through the issues without being disagreeable with each other. The second is dealing with egos, and that's different than personality conflicts. Personality conflicts is you know, multiple people egos. It's all you. Your ego enters the room, not you personally, but it's the individual. Their ego enters the room before they do. Poor communication, people not pulling their weight, lack of agreement, and who makes the final decision. Individuals hijacking the direction of the project, which is kind of is what you were talking about, and then a no onligne vision for the project. So there are pros and cons to co creation, but co creation overall is a powerful way to be successful in business today.
Speaker 2: You know, I hate to come back to the sports metaphor, but the bust and red sucks for many, many years. To the slogan on the team before two thousand and four was twenty five players, twenty five caps. Everybody's going twenty five one taxi cabs. They were, you know, they shared the clubhouse, they shared the dog up. But that was about it. That was the reputation of the Boston Red Sox for many years before they got we broke. They broke the curse in twenty in two thousand and four. I don't know if you're a baseball fan or not, but the idea is that every successful sports team, whether it's a college football team or basketball team, whatever professional team, if the players like each other and get along, they will play better. They will play. It comes back to the first grade when your back. Every report I remember works well with others. I'm telling you, it's all in the first grade. As far as I'm concerned, Doctor Miisda. I've really enjoyed this conversation. I know I'm a little offbeat here, but hey, I'm a Boston guy and I just worry we viewed things through kind of a weird lens back here, but I really do leave everything I said to you, and that is that you know, if you like people you work with, and you get along with people you work with, and you get rid of the petty jealousies, whatever job you're doing is going to go better, and sometimes.
Speaker 4: Question about it. The key is to whole the vision, not the obstacles, and a team can do that better than a group of individuals, no.
Speaker 2: Question, no question. I'd love to have you back on the show. I enjoyed your enthusiasm and your passion for the subject. I really the book is the third paradigm, a radical shift to greater success. I assume it's available everywhere bookstores and Amazon. Yeah, that's all we need to know. After a thousand interviews with authors, I get the drill. Thank you very much, doctor ivan Meister, Thank you very very much. Appreciate it. All right, good night. When we get back, we're going to talk about the consumer price index. Not a lot of good news here on this one coming up, folks, but you probably will be able to identify with this. Food prices up again, grow rose almost a half a percentage point last month, highest since January. And restaurant prices, if you've been at restaurants slightly, they just keep going up. Let me tell you that Berger and fries of a few years ago now is going to cost you probably twenty five bucks in most restaurants, unfortunately, unless you're going to McDonald's and there it's going to be about twelve. Anyway, we'll take a break. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside to listen to w BZ Boston's news radio right here on WBC ten thirty Am. Of course, you can always download us with the free iHeartRadio app that works everywhere. And by the way, later on tonight, we will continue to recognize and honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This is the month of October, and our good friends at College Hype, Jack Daugherty and the gang over there in Dorchester. They are providing some pink night Side t shirts and if you're a really good caller later on tonight, you might win one of those. So stick with us. We got a lot to do between now and midnight. My name's Dan Ray. Back right after this.
Speaker 1: On night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, this darn inflation, this darn inflation just doesn't seem to want to go away with us. As Greg Marsette, he's the CEO of Busy Kid, and he's here to talk about the consumer Price Index. But first of all, I got to ask you what is busy Kid?
Speaker 7: Greg, Yeah, Busy Kid is an app that we created so that we can essentially teach the next generation two primary things get off the couch, get to work and earn some money, and then once you've earn the money, how do you actually manage it in a balanced way and not just blow it all.
Speaker 5: So that's really what busy Kid's all about.
Speaker 2: Okay, So who's your audience? I mean when you say busy kid, you talking about people in their twenties, or people in their teens or even younger.
Speaker 7: We're talking about kids primarily like five to seventeen. I know that's a big window. But any kid out there, you got it?
Speaker 2: No, that's good, that's good. And is it an app that people can download? I want to give you a little publicity here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it's an apple you can download. I would you know suggest essentially a parent would download it. They would give their kids chores to do, right, good old fashioned chores. Let them get out there, bust it out, earn some money. On Friday, our system sends you a notification that says, hey, you know, little Johnny has busted it out all week and.
Speaker 5: You own twelve dollars.
Speaker 7: You just press one button and we take the money right out of your second account, bring it into our system, and then we distribute it like magic, into three separate categories for this kid. So that he can learn. That's what you do with it. Instead of just earning it and burning it all, you're going to save and invest a little bit of it, you're going to share or give the charity, and then you're going to spend the rest on a card. So that's exactly what we do.
Speaker 2: Well, that sounds great, that sounds great. My kids are too old for that, but maybe I'm going to put them on it anyway during their thirties. Let's talk about the consumer price Index September again. It's we're not, you know, back to the nine percent inflation that we saw a couple of years ago. But it still keeps going up. I'm telling you, every every time I go to the grocery store, and I'm a guy that goes to the grocery store, it's appalling. It's just appalling. The numbers just stay high, and stuff that you would have gotten a year ago for buck ninety nine is now three ninety nine. I mean, it isn't a question. Nicol and Domingue. They're killing us two or three dollars at a time, and yeah, what's I don't know what the solution is. I know I'm okay, careful shopper. Tell me what the solution is.
Speaker 5: Well, I got a few ideas. Now.
Speaker 7: I know this is going to fly in the face of a guy who likes to go shopping, but maybe we should try picking up the groceries and not going inside because when I go inside, I'm usually hungry and I'm wandering around. Next thing, you know, I got donuts, I've got chips, soda, all the stuff that I probably shouldn't need anyways, and it's expensive. So what do you think about sitting down eating first and using your iPad to make one of those online pickups. I think we can be a little more focused and perhaps save a little money.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an interesting I've never done that. I always thought that was for lazy people, and.
Speaker 5: Maybe it is, but.
Speaker 3: A good idea.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you. I do it all the time, and I think it works pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well. The reason that I like to do the shopping, to be honest with him, and my wife has no interest in going there any any grocery store. I like to say hi to the clerks and people at the store that I know, but I also like to look at things because when I see something on sale, then I'll buy it. If not. I don't need it, and I will occasionally, you know, buy something for myself. Well you know, package of this, package of that, but I'm going to try that. Maybe most of these stores you just pick it up. I've seen all this stuff that they push at you. You know you're going to pick it up. But my concern is that half the stuff that I that I order, uh you know, when I, for example, buy.
Speaker 7: They're going to pick the wrong banana for you. That's what you're really worried about.
Speaker 2: No, exactly, I picked bananas that they are going to be a couple of days out to ripen because I have one cup one or two ripen home, okay, and I just yeah, no, I'm serious, because if somebody else picks it up for you, I don't know how do you deal with that. I mean, you can't pull the bananas going to get me better.
Speaker 5: Bananas, You're exactly right.
Speaker 7: You can't give them little messages to say, hey, I want bananas with only two spots on them.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: You got to kind of just roll with it so I get what you go in there.
Speaker 2: But well, okay, for example, for me, that one of the greatest times of the year besides Christmas, and Thanksgiving is when Macintosh apples arrive at the supermarket. I mean, I'm not talking about those puny little ones that arrived late August. I'm talking about the good max that are there now. I like to look at those macs and pick out the ones that have been been for me, you know.
Speaker 5: Perfect fadest. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Put those babies in the refrigerator. They come out nice and crisp, perfect, So okay, but I'm going to try that someday.
Speaker 7: But you're making try it.
Speaker 2: Is there any and insight to this or no? I mean, the food price is going up. Think you know, the big, the big long showman's strike has at least been suspended. I don't know if it's going to come back with a vengeance on January fifteenth, but that would have impacted groceries, I'm sure in some.
Speaker 5: Form of fat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of these supply chain issues are you know, giving us trouble still. But you know, at the end of the day, prices are generally speaking up still over twenty percent since COVID, and you know, groceries are bad. But the stats on fast food kind of like you know, fast fast food, like we're talking McDonald's and Taco Bell. That kind of stuff is unbelievable. I mean McDonald's prices are up almost one hundred and forty one percent, and Chick Pilate eighty percent, Taco Bell's fifty seven percent. Like these are crushing numbers for sure. When it comes to like the quick drive through stuff, so you've got to really watch out for that too if you want to save some money.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's kind of a losing battle at this point. And I actually enjoy walking past items that I normally would buy when they're not on sale. It's almost like I'm saying to myself, guess what keep it on the shelf. I'll tell you this. I know you're not from Boston. I'm looking at the area code here if you ever come to Massachusetts. It's a store here called a grocery store. It's a local chain called Market Basket. It is the most successful grocery store you've ever imagined. They have twenty aisles, you know, twenty lanes open staffed by clerks. They have no automatic checkouts. It's all done, and the prices and the quality of food is great. I should be like a spokesperson from Market Basket. It is a great store. If you know anybody from New England, they swear by it, and this sounds amazing.
Speaker 5: It's like they're stuck in the service world that we used to really love.
Speaker 2: Well, I still love it, and that's one of the reasons you google market Basket. There's a story there. They had a huge interfamilial fight about oh, I guess ten years ago, in which a couple of cousins kind of fought a death battle for control of the company, and the fella who won it. He is revered by their employees. They literally will strew Rose pedals when he walks through the store. I mean, I'm serious. It is a fabulous story. Sixteen minutes or someone like that. You come in and do a profile piece on this. It's unbelievable. I'm telling you. They have twenty lanes the store that I have to go into because it's close. Maybe there's one or two lanes open in sixteen people in each line. They force people to go to the automatic checkout machines, which I also hate. So you and I could talk about this forever. Man, this is my wheelhouse.
Speaker 5: You're already so yeah, Well, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna tell you I don't get compensated. But but but I'll tell you I would be a spokesman for them because I only endorse products that I really believe in, and I believe in market Basket. Greg Merst Busy Kid. It sounds like a fabulous website for kids anywhere from five to seventeen, right from the beginning of kindergarten right through high school. So important for kids to become financially literate, and it's not taught in schools these days. Busy Kid is an app Go find it if you have some kids. I may try to still put my kids on it, and they're in their thirties, but they probably were I get it. Well, yeah, they're they're doing fine. They learned a lot of stuff. You know how they you know how they learned to add. My two kids, I used to take fruit out of the sit at the get your table with them when they were three and four, and we'd add how many oranges and how many apples? And tell me if I take away two oranges, how many oranges? That's how you teach them.
Speaker 7: In my opinion, Wow, look at you always with the apples. It's all about apples with you.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you apples are the apple of my eye. Thank you, Greg, I joined a whole lot, whole lot thanks. Okay, all right, we're gonna move from my love for apples and market basket to when is the right time for love and how the dating world has changed with many searching for love on apps but mostly unhappy with results. We have a concierge matchmaker coming up on the other side. Her name is Sandy Steirnbach. I'm looking forward to this one. Not not you know, in the not in the field here, but it's really interesting. We're gonna find out a lot about matchmaking, real matchmaking. Coming up on night.
Speaker 1: Side, I'll back to Dan Way live from the Window World Nice Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: If you look at the love, you may have found the right place. We have with us a very special guest, Sandy Sternbach, who is a concierge matchmaker. I love you laugh already. She's the founder of Right Time Consultants. Tell us how the magic works, Sandy, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: The magic works, you know, by by working individually with people who are interested in doing something a little bit more strategic than just working alone solo on the apps. They reach out to the right time to see if they can expedite their agenda finding love, romance, or partnership in a in a more strategic way that is less a little less frustrating and solitary than working on apps or online And what's.
Speaker 2: Interesting You let me jump in there, you said. Okay, love, romance, or partnership. I guess those are three categories as opposed to love, romance and partnership. Most people out there looking for partnership? Is that what you find?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, it all depends on the demographics and what the particular people are looking to accomplish. Many times people come when they've been divorced or widowed and they're not quite sure what they're looking for. They want to do something different. They want to go out there and test the waters and see if they can meet someone who's compatible and who shares interests and who they can spend time with. And then if they find that person and they wind up connecting and growing something more deeper than they they venture into a wonderful, more committed long term relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to ask kind of a wise guy question here, but.
Speaker 6: It's okay, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, I don't do that to my guests. But I've just got a little fun with you. So you're trying to find, if not the perfect match, you're trying to find at least a highly compatible match. I would assume you're not just throwing people together.
Speaker 6: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: How do you do that when you got the eight billion people in the world. I'm sure there's someone out there for everybody, you know, even like a in a big city. You got, you know, some of the big cities do three four million people or whatever? How do you figure out you know who? People will tell you what they want, but maybe that's not what they really want. This has to be a challenging job for you. I'm actually giving you.
Speaker 6: A compliment here, thank you, And I'll actually take that compliment because you know, I totally enjoy what I do. Yeah, I mean, you could look out in the world and just like with all the apps, there are lots and lots of opportunities to to find a person or someone who you can go on a date with. But what it really boils down to is who really is someone that you really want to connect with. Historically, I work with people usually anywhere from thirty five all the way up into the seventies early eighties, and most of the time they've already had relationships, whether they've been married, divorced, whether they're just dating, and so they come to us with certain requirements and prerequisites or a wish list of what they think they want. Oftentimes it turns out to be very much on spots. But what we do is in the beginning, when we meet people, we get to know them, so we do a thorough interview, they fill out profile forms, we meet, we talk, We find out what exactly they've been doing, what exactly it is that they're looking to accomplish. And then based on our expertise and the magic our database, our network, and our experience, we then what we do is we we vet and then we we have like a concierge level platform, so we present individuals that we think are highly highly likely to be good candidate. And it's from doing that.
Speaker 2: Let me put it in terms of your sort of sports, your winning record, what percentage are the people who come to right time consultants actually find someone that they can spend some time with. Not necessarily someone's going to marry or spend the rest of their life, but how often. What sort of a success rate do you think you have?
Speaker 6: Well, in twenty twenty four, my success rate is around ninety four and ninety Well, you.
Speaker 2: Do keep these stats. I like that statistic.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here, okay, what's your guest match from the last year? Give me something a quick wait, Styll.
Speaker 4: I'll give you all.
Speaker 6: Okay. I have a client who lived in a suburb in Boston who had been widowed for probably almost ten years, A very attractive and pretty woman who had been using apps and friends and all of that to try to find someone. You know, she nothing was working. Someone suggested she reach out to me. We had an interview and she became a private client. I thought she was lovely. We did a photo shoot up in Boston with a wonderful, wonderful photographer, and we put together her profile, and then she waited a week or two, and then she said, you know, my friends are wondering what's happening. Are you going to introduce me? And I said I am. And so I had a wonderful, wonderful widower who's based actually in New York. He had a daughter who lived in Boston. And it was exactly last year in October that he told me. He was planning on going up to the Boston area for Thanksgiving, and I think ten seconds left.
Speaker 2: I gotta, I gotta get you to the end of the story. Sod thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: Thirty seconds. He went up there, took her out to lunch three times, she came back, went to New York. They're now in a long term relationship. Just came back from the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia madly in love.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a that's a hugely successful story. So it's called Right Time Consultants. Uh yeah, at Right Time Consultants dot com.
Speaker 6: Is that the website, it's the right the Right Time Consultants dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get the we'll get the article the Right Time Consultants dot com. Uh. And you you work across the country or do you do you focus on work across.
Speaker 6: The the country? My focus is on the Northeast on the East coast.
Speaker 2: Perfect, excellent. So we have a big listenership all up and down the East coast. So uh, standy Sternbach. I really enjoyed this conversation. Maybe some night we'll have you on and uh, we'll get some people calling in and we can we can do something and have some fun on a Friday night. Okay, I would love this. We'll work it out. I'll have my producer get in touch with your people. Okay, ex yes.
Speaker 6: My people.
Speaker 2: Have a wonderful night, you too, Sandy. We sure will. All right. When we get back, we're going to talk with a wonderful person, the State Order of the Commwealth of Massachusetts, one of my favorite Democrats, State Auditor Diana Desaglio. She is very much involved in Question one on the ballot that you'll be voting on this November. She has just walked across the state of Massachusetts in pursuit of your vote. I'll explain it all with the Auditor right after of the nine o'clock news