Speaker 1: Can you guys please go and take this poll Ingrid has put a poll in the show notes here and I believe it came out in the newsletter as well. But it's a poll we're trying to figure out about video options and whatnot. So if you can just do me a favor and click the link to the poll in the show notes, we would appreciate it. Thank you, and enjoy the episode. Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday. It's pop and Bravo Thursday. I'm going to talk about some pop culture but mostly Bravo with my guest, a true expert on all things Bravo and therapy. It's Melissa Reischer, bist therapist. I always want to go to the bish therapist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a mouthful. Yes, you're a bish therapist here I am. Thank you, Mary Payn. I'm so happy to be back.
Speaker 1: Because I wanted to say you're bitch.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, because you had miss Amy Phillips on the.
Speaker 1: Pod recently, I did. I did.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was such a great episode, and that is what my name was.
Speaker 3: Your bitch therapist.
Speaker 2: But you know, having a curse in your in your brand and your handle is frowned upon.
Speaker 3: So bitch came bisch And here she is Kimberly.
Speaker 1: And Katie on a Date with Dateline. They do not curse on their podcast. Kimberly curses up a storm on here, but on Date with Dateline they do not curse. Is totally clean, so they say, bisc.
Speaker 3: Oh, bisk, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could have been your bisk therapist. People might have thought that I was like a soup kindosseur.
Speaker 1: But yes, I think that's what they would have thought, and I wanted. This is a plug for Amy Poehler's podcast. You guys know, my listeners know that I am obsessed with and have been from day one a Billie Eilish stand and Billie Eilish was on Amy Peller's podcast Good Hang and just made me so happy.
Speaker 3: It's just so happy. What do you let me ask for your pain? What do you? I love Billie Eilish too, but what is it about her? Like? What draws you to her? Do you even know?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think she's so talented and beautiful and a wonderful person, but I don't know her, but she seems great.
Speaker 1: I think I was first drawn to which she was so young, and my daughter was like, let me play this for you, and I was like, first of all, green hair gross, still still think that I didn't like when she had just like the green on the whatever you know you're young. I was so drawn to her voice and how young she was, and like how much she had created being so young, And you could say the same about lots of artists, right, I think that's what I was so drawn to. And then when you really get into her lyrics and you're like wow. And then I watched the Apple documentary that was on when they were doing Going from First Album to Second Album, where they like won all the Emmys. I was just blown away by how talented she and her brother were and so I don't know, I just love her. I just love Billie Eilish. My daughter and I went and saw her in Cleave. Yeah, we went to Cleveland, Ohio because like we couldn't get tickets. We could not get tickets in like New York, DC, Philly, Pittsburgh, Son. We went to Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Listen, we my husband and I I'm from Chicago, Illinois born and raised, and so every year we drive back and when we drive through Ohio, I just chuckle, because yeah, it's I saw something on social media about how some of the worst celebrities have come out of Ohio.
Speaker 1: You got you got Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and there's some great ones too, for sure, but of course it was I just thought that was so funny.
Speaker 3: But listen, have you ever been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But oh good, I would.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do that. We went to the zoo. We went to the Cleveland Zoo.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was pretty great. They had you know, the kind of thing where you go inside and then you can see like all the hippos swimming underwater, and they had kangaroos and that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Don't sleep don't sleep on Cleveland people there, but you can.
Speaker 1: Walk around inside with the kangaroos like they were just amongst you, and you were like, stay on the path. But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. I love that.
Speaker 2: We'll have to do that when we drive to Chicago this this fall.
Speaker 1: It is a great zoo. It is a great zoo.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And my kids and my husband went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame when they went one time. I'm to Cleveland basketball game. Because my son was and still is at age twenty, always a huge Lebron fan. My daughter for Christmas this year gave him a big, huge blanket with Lebron's face all over it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really sweet.
Speaker 2: I love that and I highly recommend Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. When we went, we went twice, it was Tom.
Speaker 3: They featured Tom Petty.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that was really I'm here's the thing. I am a huge music junkie. I am the type of person who certain music, like people like Billie Eilish, people with really beautiful voices.
Speaker 3: I will literally get goosebumps.
Speaker 2: Because like I feel it in my soul, and so for me, yeah, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is where it's at.
Speaker 3: So can't recommend it highly enough.
Speaker 1: I saw Tom Petty one time in the airport in LA. Must have been what year I got married in twenty twenty? Nope, I got married in twenty twenty twenty, was just six years ago.
Speaker 3: It was It's like, Mary Payne, what do you say?
Speaker 1: I got married in two thousand, so this must have been in twenty nineteen. I saw him in the airport in LA just like walked right past him and it was like I just didn't know what to do. But rip Tom Petty. All right, this is not about Tom Petty. Listen, yes, all right. I when I do pop the Bravo episodes, I generally don't prepare any nose because I just like to talk. So did you watch Ladies of London?
Speaker 3: I that is the only show I haven't watched. But here's the thing. I know, Mary Payne.
Speaker 2: I've heard it's so good, and I'm happy to chat about it because I'd love your perspective.
Speaker 3: Everyone keeps telling me it's good.
Speaker 2: But my problem is there is too much Bravo TV on and I could not fit it in the schedule.
Speaker 1: I understand I couldn't do it. It's great, it's an easy watch. I would say, it's a you know, pay attention, but not you don't have to like super pay attention. The reason you would like it, and I would like for you to watch the whole thing and then come back to me here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The reason you would like it is because there is a lot of therapy that needs to be done with these characters.
Speaker 3: As is usually the case with reality TV.
Speaker 1: But right, all right, there's a woman on it that has like a full panic attack meltdown, and she's an actress, so it's really questioned of like it's true because she, you know, claims to have this panic attack and then claims it's all because of her hormones. But then other people are like, no, we saw a text that she said was like, wasn't that a great performance?
Speaker 2: So uh oh, so she's like Emmy on Southern Hospitality, fake panic attacks to try to manipulate and.
Speaker 1: To get it out, to get out of a situation that maybe you create. You had some bad behavior and you created a situation for yourself, And like, maybe if I pretend to have a panic attack, everybody will forget what an asshole I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that is a tactic that I do see a lot. So I are you not watching Southern Hospitality.
Speaker 1: I have never watched one episode of that, And I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You don't need to apologize. Listen, MP, your time is valuable, do you boo? But my point is that Emmy does the same thing. She pretends to have these panic attacks to get out of tough conversations. And I'll just be clear, I don't even need to watch the show to tell you that is manipulation, clear and simple, and a person who would do that to get out of tough conversations is definitely has traits and tendencies that are red flags.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would say, yes, I agree. And then there's another woman on there. There's a lot of fluid accents, a la jerite, right, you know, there's another woman on Ladies on One. Her name is Kimmy and she's a great case study because she has lots of accents and stuff, and she, you know, really shuts down when people want to talk about things that are serious. She's like, oh, I don't need to hear sob stories, you know, with people like we're actually just trying to talk about something serious. She's fascinating. She's from Miami but kind of grew up in Haiti in sort of a questionable regime that her dad was in, and then moved back to Florida. But now she lives in London, so her accent is all over the place and she is clearly a barely functioning alcoholic. So that's fascinating. Then what you would I think would be very interesting And again I'm not giving it away because I'm gonna make you watch it. There's the one male on the cast. His name is Mark Francis, and he is an openly gay man and he's been on another Bravo show and he's you know, gets driven around because his dad is like an Italian count or something. He's very weltered, very weltered. But there is a point on the season where he breaks down and he explains to these women like you don't understand what it's like to be called a freak and to be called creepy. And when you're young and you're in an all boys school and you're the only only one that's like openly gay or knows that you're gay, and you're bullied in this, and then you become an adult and somebody says things to you. It brings it all back, and I'll never be able to introduce my partner to my parents, Like you guys don't understand, and it's all very vulnerable and apparently like these people who have been friends with him for fifteen years are like he never talks about this, Like so we were like does he have a partner, and his friends at fifteen years like don't even know, Like like it's very I'm just telling you, there's so many layers it's such such a great show, y'all. I'm constantly on the hunt for makeup that doesn't look spread on with this spackle. I'm just at an age where that does not work for me. I have too much life on my face, you know what I'm saying. I'm not trying to look flawless. I'm trying to just look good with what I've got, like just my actual face, but better, more radiant. So this is why I'm obsessed with the Jones Road Beauty miracle Bomb. It enhances your skin and so of masking it with layers of makeup. And I love how miracle Bomb replaces multiple steps in my routine. You can use it as a highlighter, a bronzer, a blush, and a lip tint. It is the ultimate multitasker. You don't have to use brushes either. There's a complicated routine, just use your fingers and put it on there and go. For me, I need to be able to throw a couple of things in my travel bag and this is the perfect solution. It replaces a whole bunch of things. And if you do need a little bit more coverage, like a nighttime event or something like that, Jones Road actually just launched their foundation stick and that is perfect for those kind of events. It gives you medium to full coverage without ever looking cakey or heavy. The finishes like supernatural, not to matt not to dewey, just smooth, even healthy looking skin. It is available in thirty shades to match a wide range of skin tones. And the best part of Jones Road Beauty all of their products are actually good for your skin. They nourish your skin instead of clogging or caking, and like I said, it looks and feels natural like you're not wearing makeup at all, which is the look that I am actually going for. So if you want makeup that brings out your natural glow instead of hiding it, Jones Road is the way to go. For a limited time, our listeners are getting a free gift on their first purchase when they use code pink shade at checkout. Just head to Jones Road Beauty dot com and use code pink shade at checkout. After you purchase, they will ask you where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them we sent you.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: As I've gotten older and wiser, I've been more intentional about what I wear every day. I lean into pieces that feel effortless but are comfortable and still put together, so I don't look like I just rolled around in a trash dumpster before I left the house. It just makes getting dressed simpler if you have these easy pieces in your closet, and Quint's has always been my go to. The fabrics feel elevated, the fits are flattering, and everything just works without overthinking it. Quins makes it easy to refresh your every day this spring and summer with pieces that feel as good as they look. They have materials like one hundred percent European linen, which is my favorite. They have organic cotton, and they have the amazing ultra soft chic cool denim. They have those lightweight linen pants and dresses that I live in, and their tops start at thirty dollars and they're easy to wear on repeat. Everything at Quint's is priced fifty to eighty percent less than similar brands. They work directly with ethical factories and cut out the middleman, so you're paying for quality and craftsmanship, not the brand markup. I've told y'all make sure you check that chart on each item. It shows you the similar item on a different website and exactly what the price difference is. It's amazing. I love it. You'll know. I recently went to Europe and ninety nine percent on my luggage was packed with Quints. I was able to throw in several pairs of pants, jeans, sweaters, and T shirts and one cute dress. They all just went together. They looked chic and effortless, like I was a real European lady with her life together. Nobody knew the difference, So refresher every day with luxury you'll actually use. Head to quints dot com slash pink shade for free shipping on your order and three hundred and sixty five day returns now available in Canada. Two that's q U I n CE dot com slash pink shade for free shipping and three hundred and sixty five day returns quints dot com slash pink shade. And let me know what you got.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you that that gentleman that we're talking about, does he like act out, like have big oversized reactions to things like when he gets upset.
Speaker 1: No, the thing is you. The only thing that gets him upset is Margo, the woman that fakes the panic attack. Everybody else did, They love him, He is best friends, everything is great, but Margo is the one that really pushes his buttons. And then when he sort of calls her out on it, that's when she like fakes the panic attack. But he's very outward with this, like darling, hello, and everybody's beautiful and you're incredible, and he's that. And that's what Margot can't stand because she sees it as fake and he just sees it as being British, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh and okay, so okay, I can tell you right now. Then this is why he's triggered by her, because she wants him to be quieter and he's had to be quiet his whole life and he's gonna be literally triggered by that. And that is why they have that relationship.
Speaker 3: See, I don't even need to watch it. You can just tell me about it and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: No. And by the way, didn't watch it. Nailed it, nailed it, nailed it. But you have to watch it, and that's your assignment. And when you're done, I have homework. Give me a little text to two and say hey, I watched it and we're gonna come back and we're gonna analyze. Okay, fair enough, we're gonna go. We're gonna get down the whole list. Yeah, even if listen, this is the season that somebody left on the first episode. Somebody on the first episode tried to do Bravo, Bravo, fucking bravo. First episode. They were like, We're like, who are you. We've watched the show for fifteen minutes and you're trying to leave.
Speaker 2: Wow, those that's a that's a wild level of entitlement. You're not even famous yet and you're already trying to pull that card. That's wild.
Speaker 1: It's great. You gotta watch it. You gotta watch it. Okay, Okay, Ladies of London so Beverly Hills, Okay, I'm caught up. We record this on Wednesday, and we've seen now part two of the reunion. I thought it was great. I thought, you know, sometimes the second part of the reunion is like they put the stuff in the middle. What is up with dread? I cannot put my finger on it. First of all, this is how she talks, Kyle. I do not know what you're talking about. And every confessional she does, it is so measured, and metered as if she's reading the script. She was like, and what do you think of a friend like that? You're just like talk naturally, you know, let's get some therapizing on Dereite. What's happening?
Speaker 2: Okay, So my theory about Deria, which I've talked about on my social media, is that sometimes when people I always say, when humans try to correct frequently we overcorrect myself included, like even being aware of it sometimes doesn't matter. And so I think in my mind, Dereit went from being in this marriage where she was pretending things were fine and she was maintaining her image and her status quo, and now she's given up the ghost of doing that and has overcorrected into sometimes like when trauma survivors start using their voice, it's so loud and it's so reckless because again they're overcorrecting. So my interpretation of what's happening with Deret is that she feels free and unburdened, but she's overcorrected and now she's just.
Speaker 3: Acting like an asshole.
Speaker 2: So what I heard on social media, which who knows if this is true with AI and everything, I just like, don't trust anything anymore, but that the book, the pre sales were low, so they may not publish it. That's what I saw, But I just I didn't delve into it further. I wish I would have, And so who knows. Hopefully that's not true, because I would love for Dereit to be I want everyone to be successful and happy, and I do want her to tell her story. But the problem is, I think that if she were telling her story in a way that wasn't being an asshole, I think people would care about her being unburdened, you know. But the fact is that Deree she overtalks. She does this thing where she does not let anyone.
Speaker 3: Get a word in edgewise.
Speaker 2: And to be honest, there is narcissistic traits and tendencies in that thinking that our voice is the most important thing, that we have the right to overtalk people and prevent people from being heard. And you can tell that she talks so much that it fatigues everybody. Yes, and that is a real problem. Like when you're fatiguing Andy at a reunion, that's an issue.
Speaker 1: What does she say this week when he says, well, I'm making an analogy and she says not a good one. Yep, ohkay, okay, hey shit, you know she snapped and he goes on. He goes like, okay, I thought I was good and listen.
Speaker 2: I thought his analogy was a good one too. But the problem is, again Deree has overcorrected so much, or she just thinks she's like above the law emotionally speaking, but she really does have trouble acknowledging her missteps, like if someone hurts her, if someone hurts us, it's that's valid. But then if we hurt someone as well, that's also valid. So dere is she seems to be that type of person, which to me, this is emotional immaturity that says, well, you've treated me poorly, so now I'm gonna treat you poorly. People sometimes have that eye for an eye mentality, and I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: That's you usually see.
Speaker 2: That in emotionally immature people, because emotional maturity tells us well, even if they hurt me, that doesn't give me the right to be a blatant asshole, right. Some people miss that emotional maturity chip, and I think Dari's missing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't want to be on PK side because I feel like he's also an asshole and probably is the burden, but I don't know. I just sometimes I feel like you meet this person who's kind of a swindler, you marry the person that's kind of a swindler, and then you're surprised when they're a swindler and you play the victim, you know, you know, And I feel a little bit that way about Brittany and Jackson. God bless you know, God blessed Brittany. She's got two or three stones row uping together in her head trying to make a fire. She really does. But I feel like, do you know what I mean, Like you're just not the rightest right, but you feel like you knew and you don't want a victim blame, but you're like you knew what you were doing, and so now is the time where you say, hey, when I'm married this person, I wasn't quite sure, but I'm married for love, and you just take a little bit of blame of it, like yeah, I mean Brittany has said like I thought I could change Jack's blah blah blah, right, but durit is everything is PK's fault. Everything As if she didn't like completely change when she got on the show and all of that.
Speaker 2: You know that's exactly right, and so emotional maturity also doesn't or emotional immaturity does not allow people to understand their role. So to your point with Britney, and it's not victim blaming because what I've said about Brittany is that whether we like it or not, when we enter a very toxic relationship or or in a relationship that evolves to severe toxicity, every person in the family system becomes sick. Whether they know it or not, whether they like it or not, whether they want to admit it or not, everyone is sick in that system. So Brittany has to the work that she has to do is to step back and understand what led me to stay in something that doesn't serve me, what led me to gravitate towards a person who's unsafe, who doesn't value me. That is where the real, good, healthy work lies. When we leave an unhealthy relationship. No shame, because we don't shame victims here, nobody does that.
Speaker 3: But it until we can.
Speaker 2: See why did we make the choices we make, we have a hard time making different choices. And so going back to dere I agree with you that not everything is PK's fault.
Speaker 3: Has he had, you know, issues with alcoholism?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Has he been an asshole too?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But in a relationship it may not always be fifty to fifty. But every person in a dynamic plays role in those dynamics period And so Drey trying to say that this is all Piquet absolves her of any role, which is just not accurate and it's not going to serve her. And quite frankly, if she continues to dive into this, she's just going to become more of an asshole, just with less friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it reminds me a lot of those two seasons where Erica was so horrible and we were like girl, you know, like she just was like what about me? You know, and all of that, and she has sort of I think she was such in a fight or flight shocked situation that was such an extended period of time that once she sort of came out of that cloud, she has become more likable now.
Speaker 2: Yes, In fact, I would say this was Erica's best reunion ever ever because she was vulnerable and articulate in ways without that armor, without the jabs, without the meanness, she took away the means she took away the facade and just bared herself. Now how authentic that was for, you know, in reality, like what she's feeling versus trying to now do something because she didn't do a lot all season. I don't know, I don't know what the motivation is, but I appreciated how she presented. And this is an Erica that I can get behind. But that's a very good analogy of where Durit's.
Speaker 1: At now right where people are just like, god, she needs to get off the show. And I was like, no, I don't want to love Erica. You know, I did think it was interesting. I do always like when they show us something like a little peak of Durid had said to Erica. I guess in an off mic moment. She had said, like, you're doing nothing this season. You need to bring it right.
Speaker 2: And then no, Durit said, you're using me for a storyline because you're bringing nothing.
Speaker 1: I think yes, but I do think it was an extension of she had told her earlier, like you better step it up. You're not bringing anything, and so she's like, and so now because I said that to you, you're using me. You know, I'm the one that told you you need to bring it. And now it is interesting that you would think behind the scenes that one of them would say to the other, like, you're gonna get kicked off this show if you don't go on a date with a crazy person or have you know, to fire your assistant or have a fight with your kid. You know, you're you're if you don't. It's interesting that they would say that to each other, right.
Speaker 2: It is interesting, And to me, it just gives evidence that oh, I hate to say this, but when housewives are go on, you know, real househosts of Beverly Hills, they're in their fifteenth season, and it just to me shows that once these women get so famous that they become like pop culture icons, there's just a level of not going back from that. That is what makes me feel frustrated because it just loses a little bit or a lot bit of the authenticity because now this is a game for these women where it's like this is our livelihood and this is our job, and so we want to make sure that it's drama and all of this, and then that's where I'm like, well, then this is.
Speaker 3: Just curated and I don't I just don't like it. It's just you know what I mean, it.
Speaker 1: Feels like, well, I will say that. Kimberly of a Date with Dateline and my friend, my co host, she recommended a while back to everybody a book to read called The Favorite Sister. Now I was like, all right, and I'm always looking for a good book to read before bed. So it is a book sort of a not sort of it. It is a book about a reality show that's all women, and it's the name of the name of the TV show is Goal Diggers, and it's supposed to be about all these like entrepreneurial women or women that have all kind of made their own thing and they're all like, no kids, successful, Like it's to show that you can be you know, married or single, no kids, and it's kind of really heavy on the no kids. You know, there's there's older women, there's younger women, there's lesbians, and there's and they cycle them through, you know once it's like somethhow once you get to be thirty four, like you're too old and but anyway, there's a sister on it and then they've realized that her sister, who she thinks is kind of boring. They find the sisters story kind of interesting because she has a child out of wedlock from a man that she met, like in Morocco or something. So they're like, oh, your sister has a child out of wedlock, but it's also works for your company, and her child is mixed race. Sign her up, and so that sort of you see the machinations behind it of like, Okay, we always said no kids, but her child is mixed race. So that's interesting. And it's all about like the one sister being like, wait, now you're using my niece because she's half black. You know it was yeah, and then there's somebody dies like right away and you don't know it. It's in a way it reminds me of my favorite book of all time, of This Secret History, Like the first paragraph, you know this person died, and then the whole book is explaining how, and the whole book you're reading it going is this when she's gonna die away? This is how did this? Wait? Somebody else dies? Like it is. It's a really really good book, but it speaks a lot to what you're saying about a show that's been on a long time and being close with production and them saying like okay, and it kind of goes behind, Like before they go to a lunch, they'll all get a text from production like, remember so and so said this about you last week. Don't forget to bring it up. So they go into it with fresh in their mind of like, oh, I have to talk about.
Speaker 3: This, and see here's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, I under what you just explained of what goes on in reality TV. That is manipulation, and when you're manipulating something, it's changing the dynamic, which is listen. I understand there is fine lines when it comes to reality TV in terms of how curated is and how much reality there is, but for sure, like I would argue that Real Housewives of Rhode Island is a great example of how first season housewives who are brand new yes can bring it be so vulnerable because their heads aren't huge. They're not like, oh, you know, there's a million fan pages about me, because that changes your psychology. When you get to a level of fame, you it absolutely changes the psychology of things, and.
Speaker 3: So you know it's but it really is.
Speaker 2: It's a good note to remember, especially for me, because it's hard to interpret something that you're like, well, how much of this is manipulated. How much of this is really what we're seeing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's that's my tough point sometimes, and it's.
Speaker 1: A lot of in the book talks about a lot about what we see on Beverly Hills, is like, how much do you ever see these people together in the off season?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like de and Kyle aren't friends?
Speaker 2: They were I think, well, I think I think they had a friendship of convenience. I think when they were in their relationships with Mo and Pku, Moe and Piquet seem to have a real kinship. But I think for me, what I'm seeing is that Dereet and Kyle maybe were more along for the ride. They were like in the sidecar and they were like, oh, well, we're friends because we're all here together.
Speaker 1: And then I've had dinner a little weekend, It's fine, Like we're not best friends, but I'll check in, how's how is the dance recital? Or yeah, right right?
Speaker 2: And I think Durit's point, even though she is being an asshole like they're not friends, Kyle's trying to be like, I'm concerned and I have these you know, worries about you, and she's like, you're not concerned. If you were concerned, you wouldn't have put you wouldn't have stood up for PK.
Speaker 3: I swear to you.
Speaker 2: The moment where Durree where Kyle lost Deurite was in the beginning of the season when Durita is talking about just like being so upset about p K and her kids not being able to see her parents, and Kyle was like, well, let's not be too hard on PK because maybe he has read.
Speaker 3: That's when she lost tour eat.
Speaker 2: Because when you invalidate someone when they are in the pits of hell, they most people like that are going to be like, I'm not fucking with you anymore.
Speaker 3: And to me.
Speaker 2: After that, deurit was like, Kyle's not my real friend and this is all a facade, which I think she has points.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think last season Kyle basically said to Duri, we weren't that good of friends, you know, and Duri It's like I thought we were, but apparently we weren't. You know. That's a good point, you know, because last season Kyle was like, what are you talking about? Like we weren't that good of friends? And I thought it was very, very interesting and I haven't had a chance to talk to you about this with my history, you know you're living with an alcoholic. My husband's in recovery because you guys are new twelve years, so it's to me. It was interesting when Duripe sat down with the MO, is said to him, I sat with my husband when he told you he had an addiction and had a drinking problem. So now you can't pretend like it's fine for you guys to go out four times a week because you do know that he has a drinking problem. You can't just say he never told me that we sat together as a couple and he told you as my best friend, I need help. I have a drinking problem. I can't stop. And now MO, you're trying to rewrite history because p K says it's fine to go out. But and I gotta tell you, I we see this sometimes on shows and we sell it with Craig and Austin, and somebody flat out tells you I have a drinking problem. I'm an alcoholic, whatever the addiction may be. And then maybe it's just even if it's real life, and the six months later they're like, eh, I was kind of worried about it, but now not now I'm drinking again. You as a friend have to be like, I don't. Let's talk this through a little bit, you know. And I think when when Durreek called mo on that that was probably one of the best points she made.
Speaker 3: Oh, probably one of the only good points that.
Speaker 1: She made, right, right, But I think it was interesting you got that, like off camera we sat with you and he told you he had a drinking problem. So it's this is not brand new information to.
Speaker 2: You, right, And people like you and I who are well acquainted with addiction for sure, are going to notice those things, whereas other people think, oh, well, we're being too hard, and it's like, no, you don't understand.
Speaker 3: Addiction is a deadly disease and if.
Speaker 2: Someone is in recovery and they go back to a substance, it is a relapse. Should be addressed as a relapse and should be discussed.
Speaker 3: Like in the program, they.
Speaker 2: Call it responsible concerns, which is when you have someone in recovery who's relapsed, or responsible concern is to say, I have noticed this, and this is a real issue, and I want you right to look at this.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're well acquainted with.
Speaker 2: That, and it is the one sticking point this is a hill that I will die on, is that Mauricio does not have any emotional understanding of a lot.
Speaker 3: Of things, and he is just to me.
Speaker 2: I think he you know, like the psychic said Alison Dubois, he will never emotionally fulfill Kyle.
Speaker 3: I mean, but she was right.
Speaker 2: But he can't emotionally fulfill anyone. Because if your best friend said they're an alcoholic and now you think it's cool to socially drink with them, you either don't get it or you are sick to.
Speaker 3: And are a part of the problem. So I need to know where to one.
Speaker 1: Because you're like, well, that's not fun for me if my friend can't drink, So that's not fun for me. So I think I'll just ignore it and act like it's okay if you drink, you know what I mean. You have to like it's it's not okay, and you have to be the friend. And if you lose that friend, you lose that friend. They'll come back to you eventually, maybe when they're ter.
Speaker 2: You know, that's that's right For some people, that helps them to get to a rock bottom. For some people that it is life saving to draw a healthy boundary with someone who has relapsed.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: That because like Craig and Austin, yes, literally absolutely positively. I mean Austin for sure had points that Craig went from trying to claim he was an addict to now just being doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's it's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like why aren't you fun? Why you got drink? And Austin's like, the last season you told me you couldn't go out and drink, and this season you're asking me why I won't go out and drink. Like it's it's really very it's very very similar. I mean, my god, you need to write a book. You need to write a book about all the things that just repeat themselves over and over and over on these shows, because.
Speaker 3: You know what it is, there are themes.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of themes, whether it's you know, shows I don't even watch, but all the shows on Bravo. I just covered Summerhouse today on my on Instagram, and there are for sure themes like triangulation, manipulation and things like that that it's so funny. So I'll tell you this really quick. I had a reading with a woman named Tasha. She's the pop astrologist on Instagram and it's like intuitive astrology, which sounds woo woo, but it was so spot on it was actually crazy. And she kept the theme of me writing a book keeps coming up and I'm like, h so, well, let me tell you something really exciting. Mary Payne speaking about So, I don't know if I'm going to be writing a book, but one thing I'm going to be doing is I hired an editor and producer, and your girl is going to be doing more shows. Yeah, he's now officially one person on Team Bush. So my point is is that with hiring someone to do those things, hopefully it leaves me more time to do some of this great stuff and who knows, maybe one day that is writing a book.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because yeah, I mean I think you could literally go through in is for narcissism. Let me count the ways.
Speaker 3: I almost spin on my water when A is.
Speaker 1: For addiction chapter nine, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Amos for manipulation, all right, and then you can be then you could be fun and be like F is for fabulous, see Patricia.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean you know what I mean, you could do Yes, boy, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 2: Did you did you just plant the seeds of a new book.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, do you always wake up at three am, your heart racing, your mind's beending, completely unable to get back to sleep. Or maybe it's the brain fog You walk into a room and you forget why, you lose your train of thought mid sentence or mid podcast. You're doing everything right, and you still feel like you're running on empty. If so, you were me, and I am you, because that is me, And I thought it was like stress or getting older. But then I learned during perimenopause and menopause, your hormones are shifting, and those shifts directly affect the magnesium, and your body depends on that, and so when the magnesium runs low, everything gets harder. Sleep, focused, mood, stress, all of it. That's why I started adding magnesium breakthrough by bioptimizers to my nightly routine. It has genuinely completely changed how I feel. I'm getting better sleep, I'm a little bit calmer. I wake up without that exhausted, wrung out feeling. I started to think like, Okay, well I'm old, this is my new normal, but it's not, y'all. So what I really appreciate is that not one type of magnesium because there's so many and you don't know what to choose from. But this is a blend of seven different forms designed to support relaxation and overall sleep quality in a more complete way. So many women are talking about the benefits like the sleeping better, the less stress, the better workout recovery, even improved digestion, which you know is a big deal for me. But I don't like to recommend anything unless I've tried it personally. So I have been taking Magnesium Breakthrough for over a month now and I want to invite you to do it with me. Seriously, Just try it. Track your sleep, pay attention to how you feel. See if you wake up more arrested and refresh. You truly have nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain because listen to this by Optimizers offers a three hundred and sixty five day, no question to ask money back, guarantee a full year with zero risk. You guys, I need my sleep. I'm not a person who can survive on very little sleep. And I've been taking the Magnesium by by Optimizers for over a month and have noticed a difference in my sleep pattern and for me, that is huge. So here's what you get. When you go to buy Optimizers dot com, slash pink Shade and use code pink Shade, You're going to get fifteen percent off your entire order, a free bottle of mass zimes. That's buy optimizers best selling digestive enzymes added to your order automatically when you use our exclusive code. That's a twenty dollars product for free on top of your discount. So this is a limited time offer and only while supplies. Last, of course, you cannot get this on Amazon. You cannot get it in stores. This offer exists in one place, my link, my code. That's it. So if you're already thinking about it, this is a sign. Go to buy Optimizers dot com, slash pink Shade, use code pink Shade, and grab it before it's gone. Make twenty twenty six a year you finally start sleeping great again. The reason that's on the top of my mind was and again I'm like Kimberly and Katie. This week they had on their podcast they were talking about children's books for kids with anxiety and things and things that you were like scared of when you were little, like tidal waves, quicksand for me, vampires and also bigfoot, just like real afraid of Bigfoot. And we sort of looking about like, you know, my anxiety is a vampire, and you'd be like, ooh, a scary vampire. I was just like, why when you're little, things that scary you like that, you know they're still in your mind as an adult. I'm, you know, in my fifties, and I'm always like, I could still be afraid of a vampire, even though I know it's not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's the thing about anxiety is like anxiety really does lie to us, and it does show how when we're little, the things that happen to us, the things our parents say to us, the things that we experience, they.
Speaker 3: Stick with us.
Speaker 2: So I think those are really like adult anxieties didn't.
Speaker 3: Just sprout up like when we became adult. They're definitely planted, you know, when you come out of the womb, come.
Speaker 2: Into this world of whatever dysfunction we're born into some people more than others.
Speaker 3: And yes, that I love.
Speaker 2: I love that you guys talked about that because I feel like one of my favorite things about this new generation of folks is that there is so much focus and attention to mental health. Like when I was growing up in the eighties, I was like so depressed or anxious and it was just like rub some dirt on it and go away, take your bike, go outside and you're fine, come back till dinner. Yeah, your finger, right. But today, and by the way, that's why those anxieties persist, because when an anxiety is ignored instead of attended to, it grows like a moss, like a stone rolling down the hill, you know, collecting moss is what I was trying to say. So attending to children's anxiety when they're young will help them not be afraid of maybe vampires are bigfoot or whatever it.
Speaker 1: Is, quicksand quicksand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who wouldn't be afraid of quicksand because especially the Never Ending Story ruined my life when it came to quicksand and horses.
Speaker 1: When mine was Land of the Lost. Land of the Loss was a show that was probably before your time. But there's a lot of quicksand on that show, and slacks scary scary monsters in the caves. Yeah yeah, yeah right.
Speaker 2: So whether it's that show or the one that I watched again, it's like it's rooted in. If an adult would have told me you're not going to just run into quicksand in daily life, I might not have worried.
Speaker 3: So much about it. But I didn't know. I was like, oh shit, is there quicksand everywhere? Am I just going to fall into a hole and die?
Speaker 1: And then and then it sucks your body down and you you've got to keep your arms up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So scary kids need to be attended to people.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, I will say this to speaking to kids. I will say regarding the valley, I did say Britney is not that bright, and it's true, but I do think that she is such a great mom to Cruise and is providing such a great example for parents of children with autism about early intervention and you know, because I think that you never know with the child with the disability like that, how it's going to go. But she's doing everything she can, and I just I worry so much of like what's going to happen when like Jax is maybe given weekends or I think he sees him now but not very often. But I just I don't want him to undo all the great that Britney's doing well.
Speaker 2: So I want to speak to that because research shows that having one good, supportive, attentive adult is enough to support a child even when another adult is problematic or abusive or things like that. So the point being is that what Britney is doing for Cruise is going to teach him what true love and safety feels like, so he'll notice the difference when he's not experiencing it, and that's actually a beautiful thing. And the other thing I wanted to say is Britney's sensory room for Cruise. I've seen a lot of different psychologists and psychiatrists talk about it on social media.
Speaker 3: Not only did that room cost.
Speaker 2: Thousands of dollars, of course, yes, thousands, because the frustrating thing about living in this world right now with disabilities is that there is so little help financially and little access so that when you want to do things like people parents of autistic children right now are just like nodding. There's not enough resources, there's not enough supports, there's not enough places to say where can I get this at a discounted price. So fortunately Britney, because of the show, can afford that, and I think because all of that crews will understand when he's with Jack's the difference between healthy and unhealthy, and I have every confidence that he will flourish and be just fine.
Speaker 1: I feel like Brittany is the kind of person that really will use her you know, platform as a as a TV personality for good for children with autism and you know, help people get these resources that she's able to get. Because to be able to turn a room in your house into a sensory room, obviously that is very out of reach for most people.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know, I feel like she's got the wherewithal and the empathy in her to try to think of ways that she could help other people.
Speaker 3: So that's a fully agree. I fully agree.
Speaker 2: She uses her platform to say, like, Brittany's not that person who's like, I'm famous and I'm going to gate keep all this information. No, this is one reason I love Brittany, because she's like, I'm here, I've done the work, I've done the research. Let me help connect other parents to children with developmental more developmental needs than anticipated. Because the one interesting thing is she posted on social media about what it's like, you know, you prepare for a baby. You know, it's like like an airline telling you you're going to Hawaii, and then you have the baby and all of a sudden, like you land and they say welcome to Holland, and you're like, well, wait, I didn't prepare for Holland. I prepared for Hawaii. I packed all the clothes for Hawaii. I made all the travel itineraries. And you know, it is a really good example of how parents have to pivot and adjust in ways that are just so complex, full of grief, joy, happiness, anger. It's just such a complex experience. And I love the way that she talks about it, advocates for it, and you know, for that reason, I'm here for Brittany because I feel like The Valley is both dark and boring, and I don't know how you can accomplish those two things simultaneously.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's boring, and I think the reason is is because I'm such a die hard, long time Vander pump Rolls fan that it's one of those things where it could be terrible, and I was still watching it because I'm still fascinated, you know, like I'm still fascinated by Stossi. She hasn't been on our TV, and you know ten years. I can't wait for her new show. I may hate it, I doubt it. I'll still watch every episode. And then I'm so fascinated by Kristin, and the Kristin and Luke thing is so understandable and it's so interesting to listen to. I listened to Dylan and Pat on their podcast bad TV, and they are two guys. Pat has kids that I probably like, maybe five and two, and then Dylan has a new baby, so the baby's probably not even one. And these are two guys who are like, Luke is a fucking idiot. Like they're like, and they're usually they're usually they're my friends, but they are, you know, they're dudes, you know. But for them even them to be like, yeah, dude, your wife just had a baby. She doesn't want to fuck you, okay, you know, right, two guys to be like the way that they cannot get over how Luke can't get it right.
Speaker 2: Because men either you're either a man who gets it or a man who doesn't, and that and that's it.
Speaker 3: There's really no in between.
Speaker 2: But to me, the only saving grace of covering that show is to talk about postpartum mental health and things like that, And in fact, this week I'm having my friend Kristin who her driving mom crazy on Instagram and we're going to talk about Perry natal so mental health issues that happen when women become pregnant, because that's rarely talked about, and then how it can get worse postpartum.
Speaker 3: So We're going to talk a.
Speaker 2: Lot about like mental health and postpartum issues and things like that, because I don't want to just be mean about Luke. I want to really clinically read him to help understand the things that he needs.
Speaker 3: To make changes. Like I's he't a bad guy, No, he just read a book. Do better.
Speaker 1: He didn't read a book, he had done a quick google. I mean, like it's for him to be like, yeah, I can't even go fishing. You're like, bro, Like, bro, what did you think was going to happen when you had a baby.
Speaker 2: That is the most egregious thing is that, And I keep saying shouting this from the rooftops, is like, when you have a child, it changes the entire family dynamic. It just does, like in every single way. And so for Luke to think that there's like a normal to go back to, sir, you don't understand what is happening to your life, and that is why Kristen doesn't want to have sex with you. You don't get it. This dynamic is forever changed. There's no going back to a normal. There's no going back. It's creating a new normal with your new unit in the new way that.
Speaker 3: You're now living.
Speaker 2: And you agreeing to have this child means that you co sign that, that you signed up for that. So please don't act like you're confused about why you can't fish now, Please don't.
Speaker 1: I just is Oh god, well I again. I enjoyed the valley. I enjoy everything about it. I like that Zach has toned back his hair. That makes me happy he's calmed down. I like how they're all like immediately like this Brandon guy obviously just wants to be on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So I love how when they clock somebody right away, like, oh yeah, you're new, back up right. I love it because.
Speaker 2: He really did come in like Jack's, which is so funny. That triggered Britney Mary Payne. I don't know if you noticed that, but that party where he came in real hot, she said in a confessional and said to him, It's like, this is Jack's behavior, and this needs to like you need to stay in your lane, like you're my you're my boyfriend, not a part of the show, like no your role.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, ooh.
Speaker 1: Yes, girl, that is Jack's behavior. I didn't even think of that that Jackson was always trying to get in there and stirred up. And yes, because he was always trying to make a show.
Speaker 2: Joh. But to this point, right, if Brittany doesn't understand what leads her to pick these people, she's going to continue to pick the same people, same versions of the same person.
Speaker 1: I hope she's in a lot of therapy because she needs it as a you know, as a single mom. She needs it. She's on a TV show, she needs it. She you know, grew up. I think you know, her parents all were like married, you know, many many times and things. I think she's got a lot of stuff she could unpack. So I do hope Britney's in therapy just for herself.
Speaker 3: I hope so too.
Speaker 2: And can I be honest, I understand that or that therapy isn't for everyone, but personally, I think most of the population should be in therapy. If most of the population was in therapy, the world would be in a much better place, and personally, I would die. I go to therapy every Tuesday, and when my therapist says, i'll see you next week, I say, until one of us dies.
Speaker 1: That's uplifting. That's uplifting. Well that's my.
Speaker 2: Lovely dark humor and no, but it's real because like for you know, for some people, therapy is a process.
Speaker 3: For me, it's something I'll just be doing forever.
Speaker 2: But either way, I really do think therapy helps us be our best self. And the fact that people are, you know, opposed to it, I understand why, but it's just it's so good.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: Therapy is great.
Speaker 1: It is. I've been in therapy many many times in my life. I'm not currently in therapy, but I mean maybe I should be. But I I've used it when I felt that I've like needed it, So I think there's nothing wrong with being like, God, I'm really going through something. I could use a third party who doesn't really know me to hear.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, no, and in fact, to validate you. Therapy going in and out. That's perfectly that's what most people do. I have complex PTSD, which means that the trauma is so persistent and severe that I have to I can't take breaks. But most people it's like, yeah, you go when you need it, you take a step back when you don't, and I think that's a wonderful way to use it. You know you better than anyone else knows you, and you know when it's time, and so trust your gut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see. Okay, quickly, I'm going to touch on Atlanta. You've been watching Atlanta.
Speaker 3: So I watched the recent episode.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched because again, I got so behind with everything at the same time.
Speaker 3: But I did watch the recent episode where.
Speaker 2: Angela and Pinky were like reading each other and getting really angry with each other, so that I have I watched part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I've watched every episode. But I'm also sort of like doing something else, you know, So I'm not just like really locked in. But I have watched every episode because I just love Portia and I just love Fadra and Phaedra is very over the top and sort of knows her role to like bring the funny lines and stuff, and I like that about her because she's not she's not going too deep and that's fine, I'm okay with it. There's Yeah, it's interesting that there's like two women on the show that are sort of like, I have a failing business and I'm gonna have to declare bankruptcy, and the other women are like, the other women are understanding because of these two women that you have to meet a certain financial level to be able to claim bankruptcy. And they're all like, I thought you could just do it, and they're like, oh no, and that's I'm like, listen, it's like the learning channel. I'm learning things.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But also it's like, well, that may be why you're in this situation that you're in. If you're not even sure about the specifics of the plan that you're thinking of taking, right, that just shows like bad planning.
Speaker 1: And though here's a one woman pinky like not like literally meeting with her lawyer to plan the bankruptcy and has told her friends and still has not told her husband exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is so so wild.
Speaker 2: I for me, I speak in Atlanta, like the earliest of Atlanta are my like my comfort shows. I speak in niniisms. I love a bloop And for me, I will be honest. I do find phaedre funny, but I can never get over the fact that she lied to Portia about Candy and Todd trying to drug and sexually assault her. It is wild to me, Like I understand that people forget and you know, sometimes we just have to move on. But for me, that was such a red flag behavior that I just don't trust Phaedra and I can never look at her the same again.
Speaker 3: For me, it gave me the ick.
Speaker 1: I agree, But I think that's why she stays very surface, because you're probably right. I think she stays very surface because she doesn't ever want to find herself in a situation where she's got into deep and got in tried too many machinations behind the scenes. I think she that's why she's always going to stay surface, because she never wants to have to be kicked off again. Uh, Shemiah, I'm endlessly fascinated. Shamia looks like an entirely different person every time we see her. She does every time she's on screen. I'm like, is that, Shemiah. I've been watching her for ten years the kay Michelle, I don't love her. I find her to be performative. I find a little bit, like we were saying before, like when you're new on a show, maybe just like be new. But I think maybe she's doing a little I don't know why she Sometimes people just bug me and kay Michelle just kind of bugs me. Maybe next season she'll be my favorite person. And Drew I also find to be just like never never speaks a word of the truth, honest, but if the truth it never comes out, yeh, you're.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honesty. I don't know her, that's honesty. I don't know her.
Speaker 2: Drew bothers me so much that I think that's another reason I don't love the newer iterations like you have kind of something with Kimus. Something with Drew triggers me. And I really do think that. So I grew up with pathological lying and for me that is a sincere trigger because I can always tell when people are lying or not, like I just can't. I'm like a human lie detector. And she is just so full.
Speaker 3: Of it all the time. It bothers me and it makes it hard for me to watch.
Speaker 1: Her mm hm. And then she just like lost custody of her kids, like like oh right, that's awful, Like what And I think it's like a temporary thing because the kids were missing a lot of school when they were in her care. But that's also not great. I don't want to like speak on that too much because I don't know. But then you saw this past episode with Kelly really crying about her ex dragging their kids into the news, and then she goes and then he says, I can't film with them, but he's out there putting their business where people wouldn't have known any of this, and they didn't. They don't have to be a I don't know. You just yeah, speak of speaking of like dark but also inulation. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. I want to close with Rhode Island. Now. I have said for the past three or four weeks on here that I tried to watch it. I couldn't understand it because I couldn't understand the faces of the people and how everybody has the copy cut, paste repeat face. Yeah, let me tell you what I did last night, because guys, I'm a professional and I'm a journalist, and I do the work and I want to be I want to be in Rhode Island. I was just mentally unable to get there because I knew of the work it would require for me to get on board. So last night, I created a document that is right here on my screen that I'm wondering for people that are watching. If I can show it. I don't know. I love you, I don't know if I can share my screen because it's a different it's a different Google. I created a document, and here's what I did. I went and got to Instagram and I cut everybody's face out of the promo shot and put it in this document, and then next to it, I wrote notes. Okay, here, here are my notes. I wish I could. I can't share the screen when it's not because I have a good different Google tavern. But I have Alicia, and I've got her face zoomed in, and I said a little bit of a I have to say, I have to do this for my own knowledge of what they look like, because they look so much alike. So I wrote a longer Horsey face, not tons of makeup with with Billy but not married one daughter. Okay, that's what I wrote. Okay, Liz looks like a weathered Dolores, not weathered married to Gary. Yet they're somehow related. He has three daughters. They own a cannabis disensory. Okay, yes, it's Kelsey I have has an older boyfriend. Is Polly amer is with someone else when in Miami. Lives in a sixteen thousand square foot house alone. She met him at nineteen, She's now thirty. She knows he won't change. She was Miss Rhode Island also does hair. Yes, Kelsey, I'm not having a problem with her face. Do you know what I mean? Like, I recognize it instantly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Different, It's different from some of the other ladies.
Speaker 1: Find I find Kelsey and Rosie. At first I was confused, but now I've got it because I find Kelsey's features are a little sharper. Okay, I'm just I'm literally putting this out as a PSA for people who are also having struggles with their matching faces.
Speaker 3: I love this Mary.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joe Ellen. Okay, Joe Ellen. Round face, super easy right away. Her face is round. The other ladies don't have this round face. And I put maybe bitchy question Mark married. Her sister's boyfriend is best friends with Kelsey, and Liz has three kids aged ten, three and one works in aesthetic sales and up. But duh, because look at her face. So Joe Ellen also, I would be willing to bet that Joe Ellen does not hyphenate her name. She only did that for the but on the show it says Joe Ellen with the dash, right, And because I'm so attuned to double names, I bet that she did the dash for the show so people wouldn't call her Joe Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, spot I, spot on. I think you're right about that.
Speaker 1: Rosie I have looks a little like Kate Middleton. Okay, because I was getting Rosie and Kelsey confused.
Speaker 2: You know what, I never saw that, but now I cannot unsee it.
Speaker 1: Okay because she to me and Kelsey just like Kelsey's features are a little sharper and Rosie's are a little more Kate Middleton ish. And then I says, see it has a pink jeep, former TV reporter, married to Rich for one year, and he's a Frank Sinatra impersonator slash singer. Yes, okay, we got two more. We've got Ashley I. I just said she's recognizable to me long nose, because that's how Ashley I so in my mind, I means a long nose Ashley I when she comes on the screen married to Jared husband has a coffee shop. Okay. Rula now because Rula didn't come to us immediately. She's easier. She is a thin tan uh Liz, and Liz is already thin and tan. Okay, her husband has the affair. Joellen exposed her husband's affair. She's married to Brian. He's a real piece of shit. Okay, those are those and I have photos. So last night when I because I've watched one and two, but I had to give up because I was like, I don't know these faces. So I started over with one, completely over with my notes. It was consulting as I was. I was locked in up at my phone away cucked in.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you I think for me and what I'm hearing, and this is just a purely sociological observation, Okay, I think for most people. Episode three is where we got in. Okay, That's how I felt, and that's almost what I'm hearing from you. One and two it's like they're new. Liz is walking her cat. You look like Dolores, but you're not Dolores.
Speaker 1: I'm so saw Liz and Alicia had the same house. I was like, wait, we saw that house, right, gorgeous, doc, But then Alicia doesn't have the dock she has a small pool. But then I was like, oh my god, it's two different people, right.
Speaker 2: So I think that it's when like, this is how we all felt about Salt Lake City. Remember when we couldn't tell Lisa and Meredith apart and now clearing so different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're different.
Speaker 3: But I think it's just like the growing pains that comes with a new franchise. It's people we don't know. We have to get to know, we have to tell them apart, we have to buy into their stories. And I swear to you.
Speaker 2: Episode three is where I locked in and I was like, Oh, this franchise is.
Speaker 3: Great, it's fresh. It's these women.
Speaker 2: Like the most recent episode of it was like psychological cinema where they're all basically sharing things about themselves that it was like a psychological buffet.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, so this is why she does this, and this is why she does this.
Speaker 2: Like Alicia, I'm like, oh, so her obsession with dolls is because she felt like her childhood was taken away from her her home and her sense of safety was removed, and so now these dolls gives her a sense of childhood whimsy and the fact that she won't play with any of them shows that it's mostly about control check.
Speaker 3: And then I just did that with literally every single one of the women, and I was like, oh my gosh, this is amazing. I'm so into this. It's so good.
Speaker 1: So I just finished episode five and I was going to watch episode six this morning, and then I got distracted. But because I was running six minutes like to this was like we were just walking around. I was like, oh my god, it's time to record, and I forgot watched episode six. But so I've watched up to episode five. Okay, I guess in episode six Kelsey and the Sugar Daddy breakup. Yes, that is what it seems like.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's what I was talking about, which it makes sense if you haven't seen that. Liz, they went to Newport and they did this dinner where Liz had everyone wearing a mask that kind of like represented some of their issues or the things that they struggle with, and then everyone went around the table and talked about vulnerable things about like Joellen talked about having a very traumatic childhood, like her mom not giving her the love that she needs and still not to this day, and her sister being the favorite, and so it like everyone explained something about themselves that immediately helped me and I think other people to clock some of these things about these women that we still haven't gotten from a season fifteen real house size of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: I'm being so serious.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, well I am. At the end of episode five was when they're at the polo match and you know, literally they're like this guy, Brian.
Speaker 3: The whole like, oh, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know where my ring is, and then they the production goes thing and shows him two hours earlier he had it on, so obviously he went somewhere and to get off in the car and forgot to put it back on. And let me tell you something. If I was Rula, I would be like, why all of a sudden did you have your ring on it? Now you don't. You didn't shell your son's hair in that time period we were gone.
Speaker 3: Rula knows, but she's so.
Speaker 2: I believe that Rula is in serious denial, which is a real psychological concept because it's like, so people in denial and when they're avoiding reality, Like I think Rula is avoiding things because if she pulls at this thread, her whole life will unravel and emotionally and mentally.
Speaker 3: She is not ready for that.
Speaker 1: She's probably like him so hard she is.
Speaker 2: But guess what, Remember how I talked about when people in toxic relationships they all become sick. Well, this is the way that Rula is sick. She is giving this man grace where he is clearly, Brian, let me be clear, this man has a literal solar system of red flags revolving around him at all times.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just got such a visual.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, thank you, literally, and that's the visual I want. That's what I'm dressing up as Halloween, Bryan, as a solar system.
Speaker 3: Of red flags.
Speaker 2: That is literally my Halloween costume, because that is the most horrifying thing I could ever see. This man reminds me of Jojudyce and Louis ruelas like a mix of them. Yeah, and I'm like, I he's like hybrid terrible and I just can't do it. But Rula is so in denial, I believe, because she doesn't want to pull out that thread of her life, which is sad, because she.
Speaker 3: Deserves it better.
Speaker 1: It was so bad, it was so hard to watch it. That polo match where he's like nope, I'm not talking about this on camera, and he's trying to take his mic off and all this stuff. And then even though he takes his mic off, he still hangs around to see what everybody's saying, Like he doesn't take go, get in a car, right, and he keeps trying to say to her, let's go, we're leaving, let's go, and then she's still like wait a second, wait a second, wait a second. And I love how Joellen is like, this is not going to be on me because the information keeps coming to me, and I think you deserve to know. And then you then you sort of get into the realm of at what point do you just let your friend make their own decision here? Because she's been given the information, she doesn't want to accept that it's ongoing. It would take nothing for her to figure it out. This woman is posting him on social media in real time.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, she's literally being spoon fed receipts and she's like, I don't know them, I don't know her, I don't know the receipts.
Speaker 3: I don't know any of this.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, that's yeah, that's very sad. But to your point, I think Joellen was being a girl's girl by saying, hey, you're like, like we talked about responsible.
Speaker 3: Concern when it comes to addiction.
Speaker 2: This is kind of the same thing where it's like this man that you are defending is doing you so dirty. But at a point, Joellen has to understand that Rula is committed to her denial and she just needs to let it go because what's happening is Joellen is getting herself into this conflict and creating conflict for herself trying to help her friend, and so for her health and sanity, she needs to take a step back.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, well, I did love when Joellen walked up to Brian because he was talking to somebody else and she walked up and she goes, oh, are you just going Instagram listen?
Speaker 3: Joellen?
Speaker 2: What I can appreciate about her is the fact that she is a sensitive soul who wasn't given and the love that she needs as a child.
Speaker 3: So what happens when you have people like.
Speaker 2: That is they'll be the sweetest, like like Sammy Sweetheart from Jersey Shore, the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet. That's those type of people where she really has a good heart, but also she'll she'll really call it out and have no problem with confronting someone if she feels like she's being mishurt or misunderstood. And I think that's all because of her childhood trauma, and it makes for a very interesting reality TV personality. I'm here for Joe Ellen.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody keeps saying, like, you know, Rhode Island, Rhode Island, and I was like, it's sort of like the Summerhouse name. I'm like, I know, but like you said about Ladies in London, like I can't because you know, in addition to all the Bravo I watch really just for fun, just to be able to do this on Thursdays, all the TLC you have to watch is a solid eight hours a week, plus another ten hours of work on top of that, plus all the recording and you know, life. And I'm like, I can't fit it in because I don't understand their faces. So I finally got I got around at it. I got around to it. I did it. I did it, and now I'm in.
Speaker 2: People forget that about you. That the ninety day TLC stuff. Literally the reason why I don't cover that is because that is too much time that I don't have because it's such a commitment. So I think everyone needs to give you some grace because yeah, Bravo.
Speaker 3: And the ninety day stuff, ooh, not for the faint of heart.
Speaker 1: It is a it is a a as a meshing, and it's so funny because people will be like if they're big, big TLC, people like I want to dip into Bravo, but like where to start. I'm always like Real House is in New York season one. I'm like, I'll let come back to me in six months when you're done with that and we'll talk. But really, when I tell you all of this stuff we're talking about and you were just saying about them all sitting around sharing something really that's one of the first episodes of Ladies of London where they go to a winery and the one girl miss and he was Missy but it's got a thing on the end, so I was like, really, yeah, well, she's like Scandinavian or something. I don't know. She's a gorgeous model who just likes to have her boobs out and she sits down and says, I want to go around the table and everybody tell one thing about because they all do know each other, but some of them less than others. Some of them have twenty year friendships, some of them only know each other for a year or whatever. So she's sort of doing like, because we're on this show, let's go around because we're all we're all new. And then everybody kind of tells something like, oh, I had a sister that died or had a brother, this, that and the other. And that's when Kimmy's like, well, I grew up in Haiti, and I think, who wants to hear everyone's sob stories? This is horrible. Give me a drink. Oh, And then you're like and then she gets in trouble for not want not only not wanting to hear anybody's bullshit, but then sort of mocking it. Right, and here's what I want to learn a little some about everybody as you go around the table, and you're like, thank you, now, we know right.
Speaker 2: Yes, but people like her the reason they do that is because they are intolerant of their own emotions. Yes, people who are intolerant of our own emotions are not going to be able to tolerate others. So it's completely her issue, but it is so hurtful and invalidating and that personally would trigger me. I could not I could not be around someone like that, Like, if you don't understand your own feelings, I have no time for you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think you've convinced me to watch this show.
Speaker 2: Especially now that I'm getting some help, I might be able to do a little bit more.
Speaker 3: And so maybe we can talk Ladies of London on a future pod.
Speaker 1: No we are, Oh we are. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am, we are.
Speaker 1: And so that's your assignment. And I mean you might finish it in like four or five days. I mean it is great, and the outfits and the London of it all. You're just gonna and there's a place in there. This one cast member, her name is Emma. She is Lady Emma, the Marchioness of Bath. Okay, she is one step below the royal family. She's the aristocracy. Okay. She is the first black woman to be in the aristocracy. Not Megan markele Megan Markell was actually monarchy, not aristocracy. Her the estate that she is the Marchioness a Bath of is long Lead where sort of looks like Downton Abbey Times a million. It is like forty zillion acres in the middle of wherever, and it is the like the number two visited place in London, like after the Tower of London.
Speaker 3: Wow. So it's her fascinating.
Speaker 1: It's her husband's family's estate that they open to the public, you know, for tours, and then her husband's grandfather in the sixties built a safari park on it, which people poo pooed because that's just so like, you don't do this, darling, But it is like the it was the first safari park outside of Africa ever built, and they do all this research and all this stuff there. So it's fascinating because she lives there part of the time and lives in London part of the time. But it's a tourist site, so she'll be like riding your bike and there's like tourists touring the gardens. And and then there's one particular girl that they get to go there on the show, which Andy said was a huge feat. Like Andy's like they don't allow filming there, right, and they never filmed inside, but it was a huge feat to be able to film there. And the one girl is driving up and like doing videos on her iPhone like outside of the window, like any of us would do. And she says she can remember going there as a child on like a school field trip to Long Lead and now she's going as a guest, and it's all very like you see, like, oh, Lottie is seeing this through, like I can't believe I'm actually here as a guest, Like I grew up as this child who could have never imagined.
Speaker 2: You know, look at how far I've come looking who would have thought? And you know, that's such a good example for you know, when you're struggling with mental.
Speaker 3: Health, keeping going is so.
Speaker 2: Important because you never know what's on the other side of tough times and challenges, and you know, our wildest dreams can come true.
Speaker 3: So that's a great that's a great example of that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love every episode. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited too.
Speaker 1: And talked about Martha and you're gonna when you see I won't even I'm not gonna tell you about Martha because I want you to go in fresh eyes with Martha. Martha like did a like a like and a high on a post that I did and oh and now I was like, well, now Martha and are best friends.
Speaker 2: I love when people come in and like my posts and I'm like, oh, you know me, okay, well that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Martha was a watch What Happens Live and she sort of has, like a lot of many times in her life, rags to riches, rags. She's she's the Sonya Morgan of the show Oh Okay, and she less less slutty, a non slutty Sonya Morgan. And she Andy asked her like, how do you feel like with all this love and everything and it's kind of like your rags to riches and you're on your way back up And she's like, well, I have some things in the works, like I don't have to check in my hand, you know. But yeah, and he goes, well, how has this been? She goes, Oh, I've loved every minute. Are you kidding me? She goes, she goes, to go through your life like this and then you have five hundred people all day, DM me you telling you you're fabulous? She was. She was just wonderful, And I was like, thank you for being honest and not being like, oh, it's been crazy, like I don't know, and she's like, are you kidding me? I love it.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I mean that is that's amazing. I really am.
Speaker 2: Now you've piqued my interest. I am very excited to watch you've done it.
Speaker 1: Didn't even tell you, didn't even tell you about Micah the American. Okay, there's another one.
Speaker 3: My god, I guess it's huge.
Speaker 1: What we did though, the first episode, Keisha and I did. We put the cast photo up and we were like, blindly, let's name everybody, because you know, when you first do it, you know then when you see them, they all look very different. They don't all have the same face. They look very different, but you're trying. When they come on the screen, like oh, and almost everybody's name starts with an M. So oh that's Micah, Martha, Missy Mark, You're like oh. And then another friend comes in and her name is like Melody, and then it's like the husband's name is Marco and this you know, you're like, wow, did they not have another letter in England? Gee? Guess what?
Speaker 2: I think they need Mary Payne and Melissa I'd gone.
Speaker 3: To London if they If.
Speaker 1: Y'all need a therapist, call me, Oh they need a therapist. Okay, tell everybody about your podcast. What you're covering. You say you're doing some new things, so let's hear about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. So my podcast is free and available everywhere. It comes out every Tuesday. However, because I've just dove in and hired someone to do things, I'm going to be starting doing more than one episode a week. With my chronic health conditions and all, I'm taking care of my ninety eight year grandfather with dementia.
Speaker 3: It's been a real disaster.
Speaker 2: But I am very excited for the first time in my life that my life circumstances aren't going to interrupt this passion and growing thing that I'm doing. Yes, so, yeah, So I am going to I cover basically everything on Bravo, with some exceptions like I haven't been covering Atlanta or Ladies of London. I try to just do it based on my authentic interest or what I feel like is translatable to social media, because the fact is what I do isn't for everyone. Like the posts that I write, it's a lot of reading, don't I don't do that whole Mel Robbins thing of like cutting out the most important parts of psychology to do like social media bite sized clips. I'm just never going to sell my soul for that. So but it's been a great community of people. So please come to on Instagram at your bish therapist you can see my Clinical Interpretations podcast will be anywhere from one to three times now per week, well very from week to week. Okay, yep, and right now covering well, Summerhouse is my biggest It's like, that's like my biggest thing right now. Southern Hospitality has been popping off Rory Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: I mean, I cover so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, is Rory Real House has Rhode Island. Yeah, Oh my god, I didn't even know because I'm not caught up. I didn't know I'm supposed to be say Rory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Rory girl, Rory. Now you know. It's okay. We're all new to this. Okay, no shame in your game. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I had to make a spreadsheet in order to get it.
Speaker 3: I just love this so much.
Speaker 1: I just wish so bad that I could have shown my spreadsheet. But everybody that knows how much I love a spreadsheet can get it, can grasp that it was a headshot and then a blurb, and doing that is what visually helped me understand their faces.
Speaker 3: Right, because I can tell you're a visual learner. I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm an auditory learner, so I recognize the sounds of their voices. Faces to me mean absolutely like that. Yeah, but I think it is interesting, like based on your reaction to that, like there's you know, there's different types of learning, and so you're more visual. I'm more auditory, and I love so what you're doing. My therapist would call a reasonable accommodation, meaning when you're having trouble and you're confused or you need to do something, you find a way to accommodate that. And your spreadsheet is a reasonable accommodation. I think you should post it on social media, like some clips of it.
Speaker 3: I think people would love that, or.
Speaker 1: I might take out like long horsey face, that's not nice. But for me, that is what differentiate Alicia's face from everyone else's face. So I had to when she came on the screen, I could go, oh, yeah, like Ashley. I what helped me was that it's Ashley I and the eye to me looked like her long nose, So like that helps me. I do that all the time with my son when he was when he was younger in school and trying to learn things, and I'd say, okay, you could remember this and this, and it was like a word association, right, like it starts with this and so does this right. It's cool. You know it's my childhood ADHD trying to find a way to get things to fire together.
Speaker 3: No, literally, And that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like our brains, you know, whether it's neurodivergence ADHD, mental health issue, whatever it is, we need to do things to help our brain, give it a little boost sometimes. So whatever we have to do, I think that's a great example.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just that's how I used to try to remember things all the time for school, like word association between two things, and now I do it with an eye looking like a long nose. Okay, okay, everybody make sure you're following Melissa. It's I your bish therapist. You know her, you love her. You first met her with Amy Phillips and now look at her, look at her popping off doing her thing. You got to follow her on social media because she does break down. It is super super interesting, Like you talk about things like Brittany, like you can't just do like ye, she's not that bright, but she's a good mom. No, there's a lot, there's a lot, a lot, there's so much there. Why does she pick these guys? You know? And I and again like you and I said, I think she's gonna do so much good for her community. And so that's what Melissa really digs into. That's why I love having her owner show. And if you listen, in a couple of weeks, I'm gonna be on your bish therapist and you can hear me there and maybe by then she will have watched Ladies of London.
Speaker 3: TVD, TBD.
Speaker 2: But you know what, it's good for me to put it in my brain. Okay, it'll be a goal.
Speaker 3: It'll be a goal.
Speaker 1: I can do that. And everybody please make sure you're following me at Pink Shade Pod on Instagram and then there's a link there to the YouTube, the TikTok, the blah blah blah blah blah, all the things. And like I say all the time, if there's something you want to do for a podcast and you're like, oh, I don't want to subscribe, I don't have the money. You just go and subscribe to a podcast and leave a five star review, subscribe to a YouTube, subscribe to an Instagram. All that stuff is free, and it actually really helps get our podcast into the eyes and the ears of other people, and that is how we keep it going. Okay, that's my PSA for the day. All right, thank you bye
Speaker 3: Thank you bye,