Speaker 1: Hey everybody, I'm Sierra and welcome back to our one hundredth episode where we recap one of your original favorite drugs.
Speaker 2: Indot your crime unsolved mysteries.
Speaker 1: You can tell Ben so excited.
Speaker 2: One hundred Also, did you what is today the day? This is dropping? Happy anniversary? Shut the front door.
Speaker 1: We could have not timed that better. One hundred episodes and one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Married, one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're looking real good for a good photos has done wonders you.
Speaker 2: Guys, I have not had photos, So.
Speaker 1: Happy anniversary, Love, Happy anniversary. No nineteen years nineteen. Are you proud of me that I know that I am proud of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Ben promise for our twentieth that he'd take me to Paris.
Speaker 2: So I've never promised that ever.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, you said you take that a tour of Italy.
Speaker 2: That hasn't been promised that haste.
Speaker 1: It would be fun to do something fun for our twentieth, but we have kids, so it just gets really complicated traveling alone, especially trying to leave the country without your children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree. So to two milestones, two milestones, one fell swoop, one fell stone, and.
Speaker 1: I'm literally leaving tomorrow to go see Backstreets back.
Speaker 2: All right, doo, how excited? I I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I will say, I'm excited because I'm going with my best friend, and I'm very happy that she was able to like last minute happen on this. But I am a little sad because originally my plan was for you and me to do like cheesy old Vegas together. I wanted to like go to the White Chapel and renew our vows, like just do dumb things, and there's like silly like when I went for Crime Con, I didn't leave Caesar's Palace. And I'm even sure for the Sphere, I'm literally we booked a hotel right next to the Sphere so we can just walk over there. We're only going to be there for one day because we're both busy moms. We're literally going in Wednesday night, going to the show Thursday, and coming home Friday morning. So I'm excited, but I'm a little sad that, like my original plan didn't work out the way I wanted it to.
Speaker 2: I did not, it was unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Ben's really disappointed that he is missing out on Backstreet Boys. So they did just announce an extension of their residency. So if you would like to go back, I can take you this fall.
Speaker 2: It just won't it wouldn't be as good with you already seeing it.
Speaker 1: You know it needs to both Well, let me see it first and then I'll decide if the tour. I just think, yeah, so no, happy anniversary. Nineteen years, one hundred episodes and one hundred episodes. Contract done, contract fulfilled, full filled, both on both. I cannot imagine having to date again, covering true crime and watching documentaries. I really my heart goes out to people that have to date nowadays.
Speaker 2: I just moved to the woods.
Speaker 1: No one would ever see or hear from Ben again. My kids, Yeah, just those because I like them. Yeah, that's where they listen. I wouldn't have a podcast, you wouldn't. No, all right, all right, let's get into this because while today is all of those things, the current moment that we're recording this, it is after hours. It's an after how does what's his name say it? After hours?
Speaker 2: After hours episode?
Speaker 1: We are leaving in like ten hours for our family vacation, going to a wedding.
Speaker 2: Going to a wedding.
Speaker 1: We spent all day packing and cleaning Ben worked a ten hour shift today, so good luck getting through this, everybody, all.
Speaker 2: Right, like we're getting through it.
Speaker 1: Season five, Episode five fifty five is where we are at, and we have four stories for you guys today real quick before we dive in. If you guys want to get Ben and I an anniversary present or send us a big hoop de law for our one hundredth episode, you can do so by leaving us a five star rating and review wherever you get your podcast us, and then hit that little subscribe button to ching and follow us on Facebook Unsolved Coupled Pod discussion group and TikTok and Instagram Unsolved Coupled Pod for any questions, comments, concerns, I don't know, whatever else.
Speaker 2: Just find this in Unsolved Couple Pod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you can send us an email Unsolved Couple Pod at gmail dot com. Okay, you ready, I was born ready?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to start off today's episode with a missing story.
Speaker 2: A missing story.
Speaker 1: Nope, a missing person, do you guys? I'm already how so tough?
Speaker 2: How is the story missing?
Speaker 1: The story's missing, So we're just gonna right on.
Speaker 2: Next next one missing person? Okay.
Speaker 1: In the spring of nineteen sixty seven, Mary and you Rick went to visit her sister past a married mother. Sorry, Ben just turned off the lights in our bedroom and it blacked out real quick. But my light on my microphone is like hot pink. I was like, oh, we're setting the mood for the hundredth episode. No, I need to be able to like still do my job. But you just turn the fan off.
Speaker 2: Are you cold? It's a little chilly.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you guys, I be married to someone when you're in perimenopause and stuck in the effing death desert of Arizona. And Ben's always a little chili. Not to get too far off what I already started as our story.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of questions about this story. I know you do. I don't you can answer.
Speaker 1: I hope I can answer some of them too. Okay, So we have Mary Anne. She's going to go see her sister, Pat, who is a married mother of three young children. While she's driving over there, she has this intense feeling of dread. When she arrives at Pat's house, she finds her children unattended. Her daughter told Marianne that she was sleeping in the bedroom. It's never a good sign. I loved that the daughter had pulled up a chair, she said, to the sink, and it was like overflowing with dishes and water. And the daughter was just like having a heyday playing in the water.
Speaker 2: But I saw that and it made my anxiety and go away us. I was like, oh my gosh, please stop this, please stop.
Speaker 1: And she's like there was water everywhere, it was all over the floor, and I thought that girl's gotta be fun to hang out with.
Speaker 2: I was sadly.
Speaker 1: Maryanne finds her sister Pat unconscious on the bed and she's rushed to the hospital. Doctors determined that she had an aneurysm that was blocking the flow to Pat's brain. Were once again in the world like crazy brain surgeries, and this was even this was nineteen sixty seven brain surgery.
Speaker 2: Well, they said they clamped her artery in her neck.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, so a risky surgery is done, as Ben said, in which an artery in her neck had to be clamped off. I thought that those arteries were there for a reason. Isn't one of your arteries in your neck, like, if it gets cut, we got a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've had an ANDWSM brain you're already having because that's the blood flow to your brain. You're already having problem.
Speaker 1: But then you're clamping it so that there's less blood flow going. That's counter I'm not a doctor, you're not you're not a neurosurgeon.
Speaker 2: I'm not. That's unfortunate, but I don't think I could be wrong. I don't know if that's how they do it now. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: If you work in the world of neurosurgery, please write in and let us know, because I've never heard of this in my life, and I had brain surgery, and we've now covered a brain surgery. I had a cousin who like a tumor like I've known. If you have never heard of this procedure.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty seven, yeah, we've come a long way in the medical world.
Speaker 1: But according to the doctors, the surgery was successful except one teeny tiny little complication. When she awakes, she has zero clue who she is. She couldn't recognize her sister, her husband, or her children.
Speaker 2: Did you notice that they did not use the word amnesia in this story.
Speaker 1: Yes, that means I hadn't been invented yet.
Speaker 2: Yes, but Robert Stack is telling the story, and.
Speaker 1: He loves amnesia. It's his favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Here. We actually have amnesia. Yes, yes, the last one I and said it was amnesia.
Speaker 1: This one even seems like it's a more severe case of it. So, you guys, she had to be taught how to even eat and walk again. It's not like she woke up and kind of had like the last lady lost sixteen years. This woman regresses into like it seems. She seems to be almost nonverbal, she cannot lost brain damage, Yes, she can't eat. Her husband chooses at this moment.
Speaker 2: That he's out, and this kind said douche.
Speaker 1: I know, he files for divorce and takes custody of her children and just pieces out, leaving her to rebuild and recover her life on her own. So he's a loser. In November of nineteen sixty eight, a woman who was hired to care for Pat called her sister Mary Anne and tells her Pat is missing and seems to have wandered off dot dot dot Six weeks later, six weeks, that's a lot of weeks.
Speaker 2: It's a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's picked up for vagrancy, which I think is just kind of like being homeless and just wandering around right in Alabama.
Speaker 2: We're in Texas, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Marianne immediately like gets in the car and she's she's interviewed. Her sister's interviewed on this episode of Unsolved Mysteries, and she tells us like, she drives all night, like through the night to get to you. Did you get my song reference?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I drove all night to get to you. Have you heard that song before?
Speaker 2: It's not ringing any balance?
Speaker 1: Well, I sang it perfectly.
Speaker 2: I know you didn't you?
Speaker 1: Once again, people, it's the radio didn't just turn on? That was me.
Speaker 2: I know You're perfect every way.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I thought that was gonna be better what.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: It's called it drove all night.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'll look at you love telling the story.
Speaker 1: By the time she picks her up, she claims that she doesn't even remember how she got to Alabama. So it's very clear that Pet's not only struggling with like long term memory, she's even struggling with short term memory. So later on, Pat meets a construction worker and sparks fly and his name is Troy Carlton and he's a friend of Maryanna and Marian's husband, and they actually start dating, and they date for several months and they are married on January third, nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 2: I liked him.
Speaker 1: I actually thought that this man, because you guys were going to learn that. He doesn't actually really learn of her medical problems until like shortly before they get married. And he says it didn't deter him. He actually felt more love for her because he felt a sense and need to take care of her and then felt empathy for her, and like it just added this different level into their relationship.
Speaker 2: All right, are you ready? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can only play like three seconds, so we're gonna get flagged for a violation.
Speaker 2: Celine Dionne, is this it? I'm gonna get to the chorus. I'm just trying to find the chorus. Did you find it? I don't know if I'm done to get to you.
Speaker 1: I've never heard what is the very next line to that? Is that? Alright? I have a feeling it's going to say something about making.
Speaker 2: Love, crept in your rooms, woke you from your sleep. I forgot about that line. Is that all right? Is that alright? That's just said that moment. I have a distinct memory now, I've never heard this song in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I crept into your room and woke you up just to make love with you.
Speaker 2: To you?
Speaker 1: Is that all rights? Maybe before you get in the car and drive all night, let's have a conversation you up?
Speaker 2: Is all right? We're getting off the rails. It's a hundredth episode.
Speaker 1: We can do whatever the f we want.
Speaker 2: It's our podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm gonna have to edit out most if you guys are listening to this, I've literally only kept three seconds of the Slingdon song, and because I don't want to get copyright issues. O my word, it's oh trust me. They come after you pretty hard with that. And I know by the way I sing, people are already gonna flag it for poppy, right, So I got to be extra carey.
Speaker 2: I've never heard this song, you've never heard I'm one. I never heard this song on my life.
Speaker 1: I was a big Slindon fan. Still am okay, so we Pat is also interviewed on Unsolved Mysteries, and he tells us he kind of gives us their backstory, their love story. Like I said, he appears by all means to be one of the kindest men we've seen interviewed on unsolved mysteries. So he starts encouraging her to fight for custody of her children. Uh. The court hearing is scheduled for May nineteen sixty nine. Sadly, a week before the hearing, Troy comes home on his lunch break and he says, he came home on his lunch break every single day.
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess.
Speaker 1: He comes home to check in on her and he finds that pat is gone. She had left without her purse, her wallet, her money, and her car keys. Everything is gone at this moment in time. He calls his sister in law to only find out that this is not the first time she's gone missing. They did not tell him. They gave him her medical history, but they never informed him that she had a history of kind of wandering off and then not being able to remember where she is, who she is, and how to get back home. So he searches you guys for three weeks for his missing wife, and she has sided on the other side out of Houston, so she didn't get as far this time. He immediately drops everything gets in his car. He doesn't have to drive all night like Celine Dion or like his sister in law, he just drives across him and picks her up, and she once again cannot explain who, what, where, when why? The last three weeks of her life have looked like so. Over the next year, Pat wanders off seven more times, and the last time she left was January fourteenth, nineteen seventy one, two years after her marriage to Troy. She carried no identification and no money with her.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for both here, I feel bad for everyone.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's they had the ability to find out exactly what was going on.
Speaker 2: She's wandering. It's clear from this brain surgery shit like she is mentally ill.
Speaker 1: She can't really seem to get a sense of getting back.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying mentally like. I'm just saying she's had something and her brain is not is broken, it's not working properly. It's how terrifying can that be? And this poor man is trying to care for his wife in seven different times every day You have to nothing for every day you're coming home not knowing if your wife is going to be there.
Speaker 1: Or not, seven times over a year.
Speaker 2: And then she will go missing on weeks on end and you can't find her, and it's not there's no internet, there's no well and you have to.
Speaker 1: Hope if someone run into her, does someone take advantage of her exactly like you don't know, And she seems to come back from these wanderings and has no memory.
Speaker 2: Of what is and that can't tell you what happened. Yeah, it's just fine. It breaks off from everyone involved, yeah everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so sadly for this last time she wanders off. No one knows where she is, and thirteen months go by without a single trace of her, and then a little clue surfaces. A welfare office in San Diego, California. Seems like she had been staying there and was able to give a welfare worker her maiden name and her birthplace. But once again, because records are what they are back then, there is no Internet, there is no like deep search. The worker is able to find one person by that name and like that county or that town that matches, and is able to contact her aunt in Birmingham, Alabama. However, for some reason, the only line we get is her aunt believed that she was still in Houston and did nothing to follow up.
Speaker 2: What we don't get a lot of information I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: Then and dropped the ball big time because sadly, that's the last reported sighting of Pat like, we get nothing until nineteen seventy seven, she was arrested in Seattle, Washington. However, she's not been seen since. Troy eventually remarried in nineteen seventy five, but remains fully supportive. His wife remains fully supportive of his search for her, and he gives this very sweet story because we're they're being interviewed now, like twenty something years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's saying, twenty two, I went on.
Speaker 1: I married an amazing woman. I helped her raise her two children. I had one biological child of my own. I could not ask for my life to be any better. The one missing piece is all I want to know is that this woman that I loved and cared for, what happened to her? Is she safe? Is she okay? Is she happy? Because she deserves all of those things?
Speaker 2: And he was a good man.
Speaker 1: He was a very good man, and so that is kind of where unsolved mystery leaves us.
Speaker 2: All right, updated, okay? Is the way I got question?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Solved? Yes.
Speaker 1: Sadly, Troy, though passed away in nineteen ninety seven without ever finding pet. He passed away before she was found. What Yep, she was located alive and safe living in San Francisco, California, in two thousand and four, thirty years after she disappeared. Did I say, I said San Francisco, not San Diego, San Francisco, California. I can't remember what I.
Speaker 2: Said, but earlier she was in San that she had been.
Speaker 1: In San Diego, but now in two thousand and four she was located in San Francisco. She had lost a ton of her memories and ended up actually having like another couple of strokes which caused even more memory losses and issues. And when she was found, she was actually able to recognize her two sisters, but I don't think she had the ability to name them, but seeing their faces she did find them to be familiar, and in October she was reunited with them, her two sisters and her children. Pat's family reported that she is now safely living with them, so they moved her into their home with them and has not wandered off since. Sadly, Marianne passed away in two thousand and five and Barbara passed away in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: So I looked to Barbara. She was a missing she passed away in twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I looked, there's not The family never really came out and released anything on where and who went where and why during that time span. I think part of that was because due to her two additional strokes and her memory loss, there was almost nothing to piece together.
Speaker 2: But his the thing. I think there's always the fear that someone took advantage or someone did it, harmed her. Yeah. When I it's like, sometimes you find out that she was possibly found, Yeah, that's good news. And then it was very clear that if she was still alive the way they tell the story, if she was still alive, it wasn't because she just decided, I don't like these people anymore. I don't want anything to do with this life. I want to disappear. She was doing things not knowing, and she.
Speaker 1: Probably lived in survival mode, welfare to wear affair, state program to state program, charity to charity.
Speaker 2: Was she was found, she's a victim, the victim of her.
Speaker 1: Of her illness, of her own Yeah, disability, and.
Speaker 2: That disability unfortunately caused her to go where she ever.
Speaker 1: She went to aditional strokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I've, like I said already, this is a terrible, sad story for everyone involved.
Speaker 1: Family was once again, this is real amnesia. This is what had like, this is severe place.
Speaker 2: If you're going to use that word, this is what we mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when someone says they might be wandering the streets unaware of who they were and who they are or how they got there, this is literally that story. And this is a rarity. This is not the one that we have seen time and time again. But it broke my heart to read that Troy passed away in ninety seven and she wasn't foun until two thousand.
Speaker 2: And four, just because so they kept looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually found even on ancestry dot com and like missing person's case, like the Jane Doe Network and everything. Her sisters had posted flyers, updates, emails, made threads, all different kinds of stuff, message boards trying to locate and find their sister online four years until she was found. So her name has been updated on like the Missing and Endangered Person's information and all of that. So these stories are always hard because we're so grateful that she's found, but then it's always at the same time, like anytime, then there's a missing person like you always. This is when we share these stories or I hear or like a crime con when I talk to these parents that have missing people in their lives, or sisters who have people missing, or brothers or uncles or whoever, one of the hardest parts is not knowing where their loved one is and if they're still alive. And so when you hear stories like this, like yeah, she was missing for thirty three years, but eventually she was found, she was named, and she was allowed to like live the rest of her life in a safe place.
Speaker 2: The saying is she found for but then her sister died one year later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and her sister spent like her entire adult life looking for her.
Speaker 2: It's a good sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you got for us? Baby? All right? I got a weird story. Well, here's the thing. It's weird because when of where was it?
Speaker 1: I have a totally normal, non stressful, super happy, simple story for you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I wish I do, But let me just preface this, Okay. Robbert Stack tells us that we are going to get told a story of a search for the family of a man's late wife that could help identify a mysterious illness. I wrote that down because that is how it's prefaced, and then its prefaces a lost love. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm starting out like that. I'm going to put a pin in that. So we get told the story. At July nineteen seventy six, two service members there are stationed at Fort Gordon, Georgia, and they're at the Richmond County Fair and Daryld Tracy he meets Georgia and Boyd and he falls in love, head over, Oh Boyd, that was a good one. She tells him hard for her well, and in the reenactment, she's got a tube top office. She's looking bears looking great at the You know what we say about the fair brings out the best.
Speaker 1: Everyone puts on their best the County Fair.
Speaker 2: That's from a comedian and it's a great bit. So they hit it off. He falls head over heels for and she tells him that she's a Cherokee born on a reservation in North Carolina, and she goes by Jerry. So the next night they go and hang out. He comes to find out that she's a go go dancer at a club. So he spends most of his nights going to the co go dance place. Uh what I have?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know in my early twenties who were dancers we'll call him go go dancers for fun, boyfriends were not allowed to hang out at the clubs because it doesn't go well.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This man seemed just there's a lot of red flags here. And I will say there's no shade to this man because I don't think he ended up actually being He's.
Speaker 2: Not a bad guy at no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: He actually talks about how much she trusted her in her working environment and stuff like that. But he just always wants.
Speaker 2: But he's also a young service member and he's like, look, am I a hot girlfriend is a go go dancer? Go go go go. I said it was quote go go dancer. No way in heck.
Speaker 1: She was a go go dancer.
Speaker 2: But this was what is a go go dancer compared to? Okay, would I think of go go dancers?
Speaker 1: I think of the sixties, which were hot chicks like in booty like little booty shorts, cute little outfits and knee high boots on that like danced at clubs. But this is unsolved mysteries. So I think Go Go dancer is a pseudonym for another kind of dancer.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: That's just going to be my guess.
Speaker 2: But this is what club interesting, all right. So he spends his time going and hanging out with her there and watching her dance. She said she was divorced and she had two young kids and at the time she was living with an older lady named Granny, but that wasn't a relative. Within two weeks of meeting, she moves in with darryl Okay and to his house, and soon after she moves in, she always keeps the blinds closed. She's paranoid. I guess he had to call like they had like the secret ring of how he would call, hang up, call whatever where she would know it was him and she would answer. And she finally told him she was worried that her ex husband was going to try to find her and kidnapped the kids, so that's why she was always paranoid. Months later, he walks into the club and he sees her talking to two men in suits, which she is a good dance sir, so he says, but they don't look like regulars. So it seems a little odd. And when he asks, like, Hey, who are those guys, she's like, they're nobody. Don't worry about her. She's real mysterious. I would think the dancer doesn't really want to talk about our clientele. But what do I know.
Speaker 1: That's private information, private information.
Speaker 2: Two weeks later after that, three members of the Devil's Discipline, which is an outlaw motorcycle gang all right, based out of Atlanta. Motorcycle outlaw motorcycle gang. I like how he says that outlaw. It's like it's Jesse James. That's the name of their gang, The Devil's Disciples. The Devil's Disciples. Were they on the nose with that one. So they show up, three of them show up. She's scared. She tells Daryl that she'd run with the Devils with the Disciples in Atlanta and they'd come back and they told her, hey, listen, you belong to us. You're coming back with us, and she's like no. So when she goes to leave for the night, when she's all done, she gets in Darryl's car and three these three guys get in a van and they start chasing them around town and they get into like a high speed chase to the point where a police officer sees and starts pursuing these two vehicles. He like fishtails into this street.
Speaker 1: Could get a sweet car in the arenacto.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was, but it was awesome.
Speaker 1: How impressed would you be if it was a gto and I just remember.
Speaker 2: That, I would think that's awesome. The van takes off, you know, and that's the end of the story that we get told. So he tries to get some more information, like what is going on, and she just she won't tell. She won't give any explanation of what's going on and why these people are after So what I tell They met in July nineteen seventy six. In January of nineteen seventy seven, Darald is reassigned to Fort Ord in Northern California, so literally on the other side of the United States. Well, she goes with him and they get married and they get there in northern California in February of nineteen seventy seven, and Georgia is pregnant.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's had a lot of babies at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, so this is their third kid. And a few months after getting there, she starts getting harassed something. It's like banging on In the reenactment, he's banging on the windows. He's calling that when Daryl's not around. In the reenactment, one night he shows up while he is there and he tries to get into their housing and I guess it's on the base. It is on the base, because he says, he calls the military police a lot of questions. I have a lot of questions about this too.
Speaker 1: I would like to know how much he actually saw.
Speaker 2: I would too, So she's afraid. He tries to come and he goes out there. He doesn't see anybody outside. He calls the military police and they can't find anything. So days later they go outside and painted on the door is I'll get you Jet. He thinks that Jet is short for Jerry. But he asked her about this, and she's like, I don't know what you're talking about. He says that. She tells him, I will tell you all about my past at a later date. I'm a little concerned because you're married to her and have a kid. But hey, what do I know?
Speaker 1: Your chair is squeaking. I don't know if anyone can pick it, but you might want to scoot forward. There you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Sorry. August tenth, nineteen seventy seven, she gives birth to their son, and she suffered complications. They don't tell us what it is. But due to that, Darryld is able to get granted a harsh a hard ship discharge, and because of that he moves back to Michigan, which is where he's from, and in that she's pregnant again. So after their second son is born, she begins to have violent headaches and this goes on for weeks, and he finally says, listen, you need He finally calls an ambulance and takes her to a hospital.
Speaker 1: By this time, yeah, do you know what I think that she had? What preclamps you? It can happen before you have your children, but it could also spike afterwards, and it can cause debilitating headaches and you eventually your body just does not do well.
Speaker 2: So she gets into the hospital, she has a brain aneurism, multiple brain aneurysms in this.
Speaker 1: Episode, brain aneurysms for everybody, and.
Speaker 2: She pretty much is brain dead. He tells us the doctor comes in a cyclist and there's nothing we can do. Her condition is not getting better, and he.
Speaker 1: Decides where I was like, wait, is there a family history cure of a disease that can help solve a brain anurism, brain dead coma?
Speaker 2: You're thinking all the same things. I am size to shut the machine off, and she dies. Okay, Robert Stack tells us that she dies at the age of twenty two.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, everybody, It's gonna get weirder.
Speaker 2: Gonna get strange.
Speaker 1: Did you find the crazy stuff in the research that I did? Because I dig I dug deep into this one too.
Speaker 2: Hopefully maybe found a little more than I did. I tried to find a little bit.
Speaker 1: I found quite a bit.
Speaker 2: So she leaves me on four kids. She asks that you know he take care of He did. He takes care of her two kids from her previous marriage, from her ex, and the two kids that left that. He He tried all he tried to find her family. He calls around to Obviously, she told him she was Native American born on a reservation north in North Carolina. So he's trying to find that. They put him in touch with a possible man that she might have and her dad. He's like, I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a daughter. Like no, So he goes to Augusta, Georgia and tries to like retrace who is it because he wants to find her family and tell her family, hey, she's passed away. Goes to the go go club and talks to the manager and he's like, listen, I don't know who you're talking about. And he's like, I know you're lying. She worked for you. And he's like, no, I don't know what you're talking about. So he talks to some of the other dancers that knew her, and they pretty much say, hey, just drop it. Goes to a TV station and they agree to broadcast her photo for twenty four hours and they only broadcast at once, and he tells us that the TV station told us, listen, you need to just let this go and move on and get out of town. The police, who he's contacted and trying to get information, the police are scared and they're like, hey, you to drop this and get out of town.
Speaker 1: I have some theories. You don't think I just shut my theories down. Do you want to hear me? You want to hear her?
Speaker 2: After I.
Speaker 1: Think that she was trafficked, and that the go go club or the dancer club or whatever, and the biker gang. A lot of that makes sense to me, especially with what I found about the years of life. I think she got into a situation where she ended up being trafficked, and this is the early days of being trafficked, and so her getting a boyfriend and then a fiance and a husband was really inconvenient for her business, or that she wasn't you know, a part of willingly likely. But to me then that also makes sense why people were saying, like let it go. The girls at the club were saying to let it go. Police officers might have just been doing it to be like due just for your own safety, giving even law enforcement the benefit of the.
Speaker 2: Doubt, like just let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's the only thing I could think of that made this story make any kind of sense. I do not think anyone followed her to California. I think she also was suffering from some mental health things. I think a lot of that was paranoia.
Speaker 2: So Gerald just wants to He tells us that he eventually runs out of money and has to go back home to Michigan. But so fourteen years later, after all of this. He just wants to let her family know that what has happened not a mysterious illness. Yeah, I don't know if this I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: Film, right, I asked their hair says, I don't think that Robert Stack's intro had anything to do.
Speaker 2: With this story. Yeah, but the pictures being shown is her in the hospital bed.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought too, And then when I looked at it, it's him. It's the reenactment like stills or little video of her in the hospital. Yeah, it doesn't make sense. No, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: And then the kids had an illness that they needed answers to so nothing, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, that's where mysteries.
Speaker 1: All right. So he's looking for our family to let them know that she's passed on and maybe you get some probably information on all these secrets that she had. Yeah, what's the update?
Speaker 2: All right? Kind of found found her ex husband, they say, family. Yeah, but so they find out her real name is Edith jar Dean John Moore. A few days later, Gerald and the step daughters. So her first two kids, Sally and.
Speaker 1: Angel, six children, you guys, by the time she passes away.
Speaker 2: I was good, I was getting there. Sally and Angel are the first two girls that Gerald had helped raise. They themselves have kids of their own, little kids. They meet their natural father, Gary Moore, for the first time in many years since they were little. They then find out that their mother had been married prior and had two other children from a previous marriage, Eugene and Ronda. And there you'll be able to tell us little more so I found they her find a grave. She wasn't twenty two when she passed. There's things saying she was twenty eight. But here's the crazy part. Okay, this is what I found a hold on. Let me tell you what I found and then you can tell me. Because there wasn't a lot. It's it was hard. I tried to dig into these people. I have that She was born January twentieth, nineteen fifty in Georgia, but she was married. Her first marriage was Carl Eugene in August of nineteen sixty four. That would make her fourteen years old.
Speaker 1: And Carl, what's that?
Speaker 2: And how old is Carl? I don't know twenty one. That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I mean I have different dates than you do.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, but I try. I'm telling you. I found this from find a Grave. I looked at her on ancestry. Their references is from find the Grave. I can't find birth certificates, so I don't know if these dates are even correct.
Speaker 1: The dates that I got were from her family at least. Again, take this with a grain. Aissa on a message board saying that this is the only thing they knew about her, because there's two or three message boards about people that have seen this that are like, hey, do we ever find out any more information about her? And a couple of people have come forward. A granddaughter who was actually a granddaughter is one of the babies in the re enact or is in the reunited part of the thing, so she's in the unsolved mystery. She shares a little bit of information about what she knew about her grandmother. She's at According to her, that she had six children by the age of twenty two two, and her first husband and her were married, and she gave birth at the age of eleven years old and Carl was twenty one.
Speaker 2: Well, and here's my other question.
Speaker 1: She went on to have two other children with Carl's.
Speaker 2: Nephew that's what say. They have the same last name, her children's cousin because Carl Eugene Moore. This record says that she married Carl Eugene Moore on the fourteenth of August nineteen sixty four, and Alderdin, South Carolina divorced him. Oh they're right here. Second marriage Gary Thomas Moore, ninth of March nineteen seventy two, nephew of first husband Carl Eugene Moore. Yep. Disgusting. And then she at Darld Tracy, which it appears that this was a legitimate relationship, consensual, loved her, she loved him, and they had two children together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So here's the thing. I don't think that the first two baby daddies were actually looking and the ones harassing her. What makes more sense to me is this girl, potentially either at eleven or fourteen either which are absolutely disgusting, was married and pregnant and popping out children well while she was still herself a child. I think she left those relationships and ran away from whatever this toxic little town that she was living in. I think, unfortunately she got swooped up into potential trafficking situation to just likely.
Speaker 2: It's your probably makes more sense. This girl and that's just my Thincond clearly had a terrible yea life, and I'm bringing I found her on ancestry dot com. Someone has linked parents, but I have no source of it. It's not like it's from a census or any type of records. And it was her. They're saying her parents was Grady our John's and Pearl Daniels who Grady didn't die till two thousand and Pearl didn't die till two thousand and three. I'm having a hard time. I mean, I don't know. It's just but you know how I feel about like it's.
Speaker 1: A quote different time or whatever.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm bringing that up is where were.
Speaker 1: Her parents were the parents?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like, I bring these their LinkedIn ancestry. I don't know anything about them, and I don't how many these if those were actually.
Speaker 1: Her parents, thoughts about them?
Speaker 2: Well, if that is actually her parents, I don't know because I have no I have no actual records. Yeah, I like to see something like in a census where it says a household and it names that. Yeah, so either way kind of solved at least this guy get tragedy.
Speaker 1: I mean, this guy raised her children, raised his for him.
Speaker 2: He was a good man, had.
Speaker 1: This blended family. It seems like he went on to get married again and still sought to try to connect his uh the two kids that raves yeah, to their biological family if they wanted to have a relationship with it. I did read one of the message boards that after that meeting, that family never really had much to do with the two daughters.
Speaker 2: Shocking, I know.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, well we're not gonna get much better in the story because next they have to tell you a sad, sad story. So this is categories as wanted, and it's from a young woman named Lucille Turmail. She's a twenty three year old cab driver, which I haven't seen a lot of, like female cab drivers. And then we're gonna find this is in eighty seven, which I thought was kind of like this cool thing to be a cab driver and to be young and like living in She was a resort town banf Alberta, which is in Canada.
Speaker 2: I love the.
Speaker 1: Accents when people. Canadian voices are one of my favorites. And all the people interviewed are deep Canadian and I was here for it. Yeah, hey, don't you do all right? So in nineteen eighty seven, she moves to Banff, Albert, Canada to start this new life, and she started to work the night shift as a cab driver eight pm the night of May sixteenth, nineteen ninety and spends most of our night like you would a regular night, picking up people in downtown area in the touristy spots, getting them back to the hotel safely, YadA, YadA, YadA. At the end of the shift, she had taken in just over about one hundred dollars. Now, that wasn't her money to keep, but back then, cab drivers would keep their fair like a like a waitress kind of does, and then they would turn that in at the night. So they're in communication with the cab company throughout the evening, checking in and kind of keeping a running total and so on and so forth. So around one forty am she arrives at the Works nightclub on Spray Avenue, planning to pick up one last fair before calling in an evening. While there, she chats with another cab driver. His name is Larry, and they have a casual conversation and as there've been a conversation, a man and two women enter the back of her cab. She says good night to Larry calls in her destination to dispatch.
Speaker 2: Bruce.
Speaker 1: About twenty minutes later, Larry contacts Bruce, which I'm gonna guess is the dispatch. Oh yeah, destination to her dispatcher whose name is Bruce. Twenty minutes later, Larry contacts Bruce to see if he had heard from Lucille.
Speaker 2: He had not.
Speaker 1: Bruce asked for her on the radio, but did not receive a response. Twenty minutes later, Larry begins to search for her. He passes by her known destinations as well as her house. It seems like this is a pretty small little area, so less than a block away, he actually sees her cab drive past him. However, she's not the person driving the vehicle. We're about to get after another high speed chasier because he flips a U and starts following her cab and calling it in and for two miles he tailgates the stolen cab while reaching speeds of up to almost eighty miles an hour, which back then that was pretty darn vest. Finally, he corners the cab on a dead end street and an unidentified man exit the cab and disappears into the woods. Tragically, as the same time as this like high speed chase is happening, Zille's body is found in the middle of the street, just a few miles from where her cab had been abandoned. She had been stabbed repeatedly in the neck. Her murder was actually the first to occur in the area and over twenty years, and the policeman's interviewed and the Royal Mountain Police, I guess is what they're called there and saying that since then, no other violent crimes had even occurred, So this is very rare occurrence in this area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is the first manner we've had and who knows how long twenty years wild?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the killer took only her jacket, wallet and about one hundred and thirty bucks from her, and her wallet was actually later recovered. When her cab was examined, blood was found on the seaked dashboard and steering wheels. Surprisingly, though they were able to determine that none of the blood in the car actually belonged to her. Eighteen hours after the killing, the murder weapon, a kitchen knife that had been stolen from a local hotel was found in a driveway. This led police to believe that the killer maybe from out of town. However, the killer remains unidentified. An unknown Caucasian Mail had been seen by another cab driver driving her car the night she had died. His blood was found in her taxi. He was believed to be in his early twenties. Because the murder weapon was stolen from a hotel, it's possible he was from out of town. Police would also like to locate the three people who were the last ones to take the cab that evening. They were believed to have been dropped off in front of a large apartment complex. Most of its renters are people from out of town that are there for work. It is believed that they may have seen her killer, and that is where unsolved mystery leaves us all right up date okay solved. November of nineteen ninety two, a man named Ryan Jason Love is arrested and charged with her murder. He became a suspect after one of his roommates told police that the murder weapon was a knife that had belonged to Love. In fact, he had previously worked at the band's band Springs Hotel. Police were actually able to collect his DNA, and I'm going to get into it in a minute, but they ended up like befriending him and going undercover for two years because they took a bunch of people's DNA and he's the only one out of like this list of suspects that refuse And I don't know what Canada's laws are, Yeah, they must be different a And so they befriended him for two years before they were able to collect his DNA. I'm like you what it.
Speaker 2: Seems like, Yeah, but in ninety two it wasn't as simple as a cup, like you really.
Speaker 1: Needed a hefty amount of DNA.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He blew his nose, which sounds you guys if you have a gag reflex like I do. Fast forward a few seconds. Blew his nose into a cloth handkerchief and threw it on the ground, and the guy picked it, picked it up to gag and they were able to get DNA.
Speaker 2: Fronder the they opened it up. They opened up this handkerchief, they were they swabed it.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to hear me gagging on a podcast microphone.
Speaker 2: Okay, they have filled the whole petri dish of the what it was in the Okay, there was a whole patri dish of what was in that handkerchief Love was eight is a handkerchief or handkerchief handkerchief.
Speaker 1: Love was eighteen at the time of the murder, and reportedly killed her because he wanted to impress his relatives with a lot of cash at a family reunion he was attending the next morning. What a stupid ass reason. And I know we don't cast so much, but that takes me off.
Speaker 2: That's dumb.
Speaker 1: I agree. This man is garbage.
Speaker 2: He's a murderer, yeah, of us an innocent stranger. Yes, not that any murder is good. I'm just saying like.
Speaker 1: Anyways, So he's convicted of sex degree murder. How I don't know, and it's given twenty years to life. He's actually granted parole in just over twenty years. I do know that another country's parole's a lot easier to get than it is here in America. So in June of nineteen ninety six is when he finally confessed. You only confessed after all of his appeals had been exhausted. So he couldn't even do the right thing and confess upfront. So I got some more Informationally.
Speaker 2: He's a douche. If you're listening, dude, you're a douche.
Speaker 1: I hope you stub your pinky toe every morning.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So there was some pushback on how this DNA was collected because there it was collected from two different sources. There was nosehairs found in the mucus. I don't want to talk about it too much. And he fought it on appeal saying that like they did have the right to collect it. And so the judge actually agreed with him on the hairs, but didn't exclude the mucus because he had thrown it away.
Speaker 2: Throwing it out serious has such a hard time.
Speaker 1: So as a result of the case, the criminal Code was actually amended to allow police to obtain DNA samples from unwilling subblement stop. In two thousand and one, the murder was dramatized on a TV episode program called Secrets of Forensic Science, where the version of the name of the young girl and it was Maria or Marie. So I got this information from a blog and the blog is called Canadian tax Driver homicides. There must be a lot of homicides for someone. Yeah, I don't know what's happening here in Canada, but take care for taxi drive.
Speaker 2: Don't be a texted.
Speaker 1: But this is the only place so I can say this is the source that I got this information because this blog writer did the work on what this loser has been doing since he got out of prison. So in early two thousand and one, he broke up with his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Early whoa whoa two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this man was sentenced to life imprisonment in nineteen ninety four with no parole eligibility for twenty years. But he was released on the day of his parole in two thousand and eleven, and it was only in twenty eleven he was released on half day parole, so he was like living in a halfway house.
Speaker 2: Only did.
Speaker 1: Seventeen years, and then he transitioned in twenty and twelve, so eighteen years into full parole. By twenty twenty one, his girlfriend broke up with him and he was charged with smashing the windows of her car with a baseball bat. Not very loving of mister love. So his parole was he was a violent man.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So his parole was suspended but then reinstated in March of twenty twenty two with special conditions. No further information. All those conditions are fast forward to August of twenty twenty two. During a traffic stop, this slimeball, the slug of a man was found with an intoxicated woman in an area. He was an intoxicated woman in the area known for crime, sustenance abuse, and women who worked in sex work, so he got in trouble for that. He was then imprisoned and released on one day of parole in six months and in April of twenty twenty four, and then f usht forward sorry October twenty twenty four, the day's parole was extended for another six months. The assessment had been determined that he was quote low to moder at risk for a violent offending despite having demonstrated mixed behaviors while out on parole. So seems like he's still a waste of human space.
Speaker 2: I was gonna just keep going around attacking with me being a problem, yeah to society, and we're just going to keep telling him.
Speaker 1: Yep, don't do that, don't do don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even though he's already killed someone.
Speaker 1: He's already demonstrated that he's able to kis him because he wanted to show to his family reunion with cash with.
Speaker 2: The hundred bucks. Yeah that's all she had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was so young, pretty, She was in a peaceful, quiet, little mountain neighbor that this mountaintown looks amazing. All right, Ben has one more story for us. But this is going to be no surprise any buddy. That he's completely closed his laptop and said it on the ground as if he was done for the night.
Speaker 2: I have to get my notes.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be the one hundredth episode without being needing to get his notes.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, this is my fourth time trend.
Speaker 1: If you can you imagine if you get locked out of your own computer and you shared the one story that I did research on without a pass. I did an extra story in case you right out of time because we barely finished packing. All right, okay, lake.
Speaker 2: Panas so oh man.
Speaker 1: Don't look at me, panasaquana pass. This makes me think of the peach dragon.
Speaker 2: Softy pans of so.
Speaker 1: SoftKey panasoftke because this isn't the South, is it French?
Speaker 2: It's in Florida. Oh it's in Florida, all right. So Wetlands twenty five square miles, February seventeenth, nineteen seventy one. Two teenagers they're hitchhiking along Eye seventy five. As they're hitchhiking, they look over. They're passing over a bridge of the wetlands, and they look over and they see something in the water. It doesn't look good. They call the police. Police go out there and they pull out an extremely decomposed body of a very young woman. She appeared to be.
Speaker 1: The reenactment, though what it was a styrofoam head that they put on a fake body. Did you see it? I don't think they were expecting HD to eventually come into problems.
Speaker 2: So bad, that's all right?
Speaker 1: How did alligators also not get into this?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 1: Because in my mind, alligators are a constant problem in Florida.
Speaker 2: Always a problem, all right. They believe that she was strangled because there's still a man's size thirty six belt around her throat. So they believe she was in her late teens early twenties, and the body had been in the water, and she'd been dead for at least three weeks, if not longer, so it was pretty decomposed, so no one, no one comes to claim the body. They are running checks, they can't find who she is or identifier. She is eventually laid to rest under a small little placard named Jane Doe. Okay, ten, that is what I said. That was nineteen seventy one. Ten years later, Jamie Adams becomes sheriff of Sutner County. He's awesome. Uh. He reads about this case and he's extremely disturbed by this case. He gets on, he's interviewed. He's like, listen, he's the sweetest one. He's like, I'm a dad, I'm a granddaddy.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, called himself was a granddaddy, was a popper. So I was like, oh, I love this man. And he had the most crystal clear blue eyes too.
Speaker 2: He was he's a good man. He says something about this case just pulls it as heartstrings. He's like, no one here was this girl does? He deserves to be home, her family deserves to have this closure. And I want to know.
Speaker 1: Even if a Sunday school teacher knew who she was, that person deserves like even the smallest impact was made on someone's life. By this Jane Doe, I owe it to that person to return them.
Speaker 2: I want to find out who she is and make this right. So he reopens the case, gets a court order and exhumes the body. He hires like one of the best doctors around to come and do the autopsy because he wants to find out as much as he can. He does the autopsy and finds that there had been an orthopedic surgery in her ankle and it was the Watson Jones technique. So he's like, listen, we found this. It's cleared, so you know, he she's had this done. Maybe someone can help identify someone knows someone that has had this surgery and you know, around this age. That'll help. He also hires a lady named Linda Gallineer. She's a friend artists. She takes you know, obviously computers not as big back then. She takes a picture of the skull and she is able to recreate a drawing of this girl of what she might have appeared to look at to look like at the time. He also then asked her to do something that hadn't been done at the time, if she could draw age regression drawings, not if we're being older, but if her being younger, he tries to get her like around ten years old or twelve and around five years old, because he says, maybe there's a school teacher, a Sunday school teacher, somebody that might recognize that photo and help us identify her. He mails flyers to over three thousand law enforcement agencies throughout the country and Canada. He follows up. He is following up with hospitals and trying to find medical records, doing everything he can to possibly find out who this girl is. She has been dubbed by him and the town as little Miss Pence Pence off Key, so they've got a name for her. So they think she was five to two, around one hundred pounds, possibly twenty years old. She also had extensive crowns, caps and fillings done. She maybe was a runaway, and they do believe that she'd given birth to at least one child. So that's where on some mysteries leaves.
Speaker 1: Us Okay, I found this interesting because the orthopedic surgery and her amazing dental care shows that she was active in society in some way, shape or form. So what, if anything, do you have an update for us?
Speaker 2: Oh? I got an update. Okay, all right. October twenty ninth, twenty twenty five. Oh, we got a fresh boy. She's been identifying really yep. I watched them press conference.
Speaker 1: Okay, we were watching earlier when I walked through the living room.
Speaker 2: Yep. So this county sheriff never let this story go. They did. They tried to do DNA testing in the early two thousands. They tried fingerprints again. They every little while they tried things with her, got to find out. They think that the embalming fluid that they used in the nineteen seventy one one threw off stuff. But the Sheriff's office got a new system called Storm and it was a new fingerprint system and they ran her original They were able to get fingerprints when they pulled her out of the water, but it wasn't great. So they ran those obviously back in the eighties and multiple times, but it just never popped. Plus she'd actually this lady had actually been arrested years prior, and those fingerprints hadn't gotten put into like the new system until like a long time. Anyways, she was identified. She technically was identified in September, but they came out with the information on October twenty ninth. She is known so I'm pulling. I've got the news article up as Marine l Minor Rowan, known as Cookie. She was a mother of two kids and twenty one years old. She was a baby.
Speaker 1: Well, what's crazy is that the guy that examined the forensic what do they call the people that look at bones? Now it's like leaving my brain. I can't think of it. It's not an archaeologist. But anyways, the gentleman that was interviewed on self mysteries when they got her re exhumed and he examined her bones. I mean he said early twenties and had at least had one child.
Speaker 2: Like, that's incredible. He did a good job from bones. So the police are Her husband is Charles Emory Rowan Senior. They had a tumultuous question for that guy. They had a tumultuous relationship. He is a suspect. Unfortunately, he died in twenty fifteen. I watched the press conference. The police don't care that he's dead. They were one of the reasons that the press conference is to say, hey, we finally found her fifty four years later.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean to this give this woman a name, give.
Speaker 2: Her a name, and they pretty much said, anyone that knew her call us. Yeah, And they found her in September and when started going around and interviewing people. That's how they found him. Who did know?
Speaker 1: Was she from that area?
Speaker 2: That is, she was from Tampa, so not far.
Speaker 1: No, how did no one report this woman missing?
Speaker 2: That is a question everyone has. Obviously the husband, she's twenty one, Her kids were clearly done there.
Speaker 1: And they're excluded from that. But not the husband, any mother's sister brother, and.
Speaker 2: Hence why he is a I guess they didn't say suspect person of interest. Yeah, okay, And so they're still investigating this. They haven't let it go, and I think that's great. Obviously it is fifty four years later. The husband is now dead, but it didn't identify her. That's great news.
Speaker 1: It is great news. Good for them for never giving me.
Speaker 2: This is this part that breaks my heart. Okay. September fifteenth, twenty twenty two, Sheriff Adams had passed away.
Speaker 1: No, she never got to never got to see.
Speaker 2: But if it wasn't for him, it was.
Speaker 1: Exactly Jane started rolling down a hill because of him, and it would have never concluded he.
Speaker 2: Made it a big deal, which kept that case alive, and that sheriff's We need.
Speaker 1: Sheriffs like him everywhere because there are unidentified remains, hundreds of thousands of them across the United States, and it takes a sheriff like this to push because the funds and the resources and all of the technology is there, but it's got to take somebody who gets a fire lit under their tushy and decides that they're not going to let it go till they get these people named.
Speaker 2: Good for him, it was important to him. He made it important for that department, so that department never really let it go. Obviously there's only so much they could do, but they clearly kept He was.
Speaker 1: An incredible example to that entire department.
Speaker 2: So breaks my heart, But again, if it wasn't for him, she would have never been identified. So wonderful that she was identified, and that literally less than a year ago she was identified and the police are clearly still looking into it, and that I mean, I think.
Speaker 1: It's I hope some people come forward because other people had to know for a woman to just all of this, even if she had to attend church or have.
Speaker 2: Friend if you did know her. The last time you saw him was fifty four years ago. Even if you were fifteen years old, you were in his sixty seventies. Yeah, so I don't know. I mean, yes, that appears it was her husband. Yes, he never reported or missing. Yeah, doesn't identify her.
Speaker 1: Got away with that for his whole life.
Speaker 2: That's what upsets me. Yeh, So he got away with it his whole life.
Speaker 1: Did you do any research about how the life you lived? No? I hope it was terrible, but all her poor children.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, well you guys, that is it. That is our recap of season five, episode five and episode one hundred of.
Speaker 2: The Unsolved Couple, nineteen years.
Speaker 1: And nineteen years. As Ben said, his contract and obligations are fulfilled on both parts. So I might be looking for a new podcast host and a new husband soon.
Speaker 2: So send your applications.
Speaker 1: Send your applications into unsuffable at gmail dot com and bed we'll vet them all right. I have a couple of silly would you rather questions before we wrap it up, because I'm ready for bed, you're ready for bed, and we got to get up early and go on our adventure. You guys, I'm excited. We're going on an adventure tomorrow. We'll talk about it next week. We when and we get back. But I planned a silly road trip on our way to this family wedding, and I'm excited because I love weird, silly things.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, So would you rather wear an itchy sweater for one hundred days or wet socks for one hundred days?
Speaker 2: Two things I hate? I know I hate them both when whenever I get a haircut, if I get warn hair in my collar of my T shirt, it's just the back of my neck. So sweater's my mother freaking mind.
Speaker 1: Itchy sweater or wet sox?
Speaker 2: Huh. I also hate when my feet get wet. I hate it, I know you do. What's it was? The wet one? Wet sox? For how long?
Speaker 1: Both for a hundred days? Same time limit.
Speaker 2: I think I'll take the wet sox.
Speaker 1: I think I'd have to take the wet sox, so I think I'd get used to that sooner than I would get used to an itchy sweater because something. You know how I feel about things being on my neck too much?
Speaker 2: Oh? I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is an easy one. Would you rather eat one hundred pieces of broccoli, or have to eat one hundred pieces of candy.
Speaker 2: Let's easey candy. Well, I know.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that after you're one hundred pieces of candy, how would you feel?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So, but one hundred pieces of broccoli. Maybe the brocket doesn't taste good, but I bet you're gonna feel fine afterwards. If you have to eat like a hundred Snickers bars or one hundred pieces of broccoli, you would vomit.
Speaker 2: So so I went to our search and rescue training to try to join the team. I didn't cut I didn't cut.
Speaker 1: It, that's right.
Speaker 2: So igot about this story. I bowed out it.
Speaker 1: Ben realized real quick that being at thirty and having someone.
Speaker 2: O hould was thirty six.
Speaker 1: Having people scream in your line.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't cut it.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm not rock up amountain, I'm not ashamed to say that sleep deprivation.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not the toughest individual in the world, right, And we'd been sleep deprived. So I had bowed out one evening and they don't and I was out of state, and they're like, well you don't, you can't leave. You have to sleep because you haven't slept, and so they're not going to let you leave sleep apart.
Speaker 1: They'll do everything else sleep deprived, but they won't let you drive back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I'm now they move the participants who have bowed out into a different area of the people that are trying to pass this training, and so we're all hanging out. It's now chill because up until this point it has been yelling physical activities go. And we've been up for.
Speaker 1: Days, not even allowed to use the bathrooms like insane.
Speaker 2: No. I ended up peeing in a ziploc bag at one point because that was all I had because I had to go to the bathroom like this. Yeah, and so I'm about it.
Speaker 1: I was all of a sudden, then you guys were all on the same plane field.
Speaker 2: Again, am I heavy cut this out? I'm sitting there listening one evening and these guys had come back inside from being out there doing all this physical activity like training and stuff, and and the only thing we were allowed to eat was MRS. But you cannot eat the candy in MRS.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing about MRIs is that there's a full size.
Speaker 2: There's a full sized candy bar or Skittles or something there there is a candy thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My dad was in the military, and I remember like that, being like, if we could get into his MRIs, the candy was gone.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed to have that, or the coffee.
Speaker 1: You ha no caffeine, and sounding worse and worse by this.
Speaker 2: So we're listening. We can hear it because we're in we're at a military base, and we're in the barracks. Military base was I was not in the military, but it was. They were letting us use these barracks. I'm listening to this because I can hear it. And they made these because someone had said to the instructors about how we weren't allowed to have candy. So they were like, oh, you guys want candy, all right, And they made everybody do wall sits, and they passed out candy and made these guys eat multiple candy bars and skittle packets while doing wall sits and shove it down as fast as possible. And the next morning I'm sitting there and a kid had bowed out in the morning and he shows up. He's like, dude, it was terrible. He's like, I had to pound a bag of Skittles while doing a wall sit, and then they gave me another thing of candy and I had to pound that. He goes it was awful. So how do we a candy?
Speaker 1: At first, I'm like, yeah, easy pick, But then you started.
Speaker 2: Thinking when you said it, that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 1: So what would you do? Broccoli or candy?
Speaker 2: I still do candy. I mean, I guess if there was no time limit, I did.
Speaker 1: Can't No, there's no time limit, all right? Would you rather sneeze one hundred times in a row or have the hiccups for one hundred minutes?
Speaker 2: Cool I? Or know your answer? Hard?
Speaker 1: Pass on the hiccups. You guys know from previous episodes. I'm going to do a panic mode when I even if someone gets the hiccups around me, I start to feel like they're contagious and something terrible might happen because I am terrified of giving getting permanent hiccups.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I would choose sneezes because I actually loved the feeling of a sneeze after you get it out. Yeah, I love that feeling.
Speaker 1: I do too, all right, if you had to babysit one hundred pets or sorry, one hundred dogs or one hundred cats. Which one would you choose?
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, like cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of litter boxes.
Speaker 2: There's my other story. I'm at a guy. He was a strange deck. I worked with him for a little bit. It was a different agency when we worked together a little bit. He had like thirty cats.
Speaker 1: I remember they had like a four bedroom house home and telling me.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not making much like you're.
Speaker 1: Selling like little pieces out of time. You didn't even get the full story. It was, like I learned today this they this is the guy that was turned used kiddie pools as litter boxes in his house, right, he.
Speaker 2: That was his aid work. And then they literally spent hours changing litter boxes. And they had like a four bedroom house and the whole three bedrooms was.
Speaker 1: Cause no, and I love.
Speaker 2: I like cats too.
Speaker 1: I want to own a retirement. But a catterie is not thirty cats but in a home, But.
Speaker 2: A hundred dogs are just as bad, if not worse.
Speaker 1: Was that guy a looney tune?
Speaker 2: He was a strange duck. He just was strange. I don't know, you know what that was kind of as far Once he told me that I would think I was in so much shock. I didn't know what follow up questions to ask.
Speaker 1: No, man are just terrible at follow up questions. Ben will come home and it's like, I see reels about this. I was out with my buddy. I found out this about him. Oh oh, it's like something crazy, like he's getting divorced. Oh to this, like da da da da da. No follow up questions have ever been asked in a men's conversation to date.
Speaker 2: Ever, No, we don't.
Speaker 1: You have thirty cats and you have no follow up questions to that.
Speaker 2: And thirty I'm not that's not even exaggeration. No, I know it's not.
Speaker 1: I remember you coming home and telling me this, But that's all I know. Exc Cats, one hundred of either cats or dogs is going to be a nightmare.
Speaker 2: It's going to stink, but sing to.
Speaker 1: Be nearly as loud. They're a lot smaller, they take up less space. I'd pick a hundred cats over the same place. Yeah, I think that one hundred cats are not going to get along one hundred dogs. They're all going to be best friends by the end of like day one. I don't know about that. Cat talks are much more cats hate each other most of the time. All right, all right, everybody, Well that is it. We are excited to bring you one hundred episodes of unsolved mysteries. They'll never have to look up which one of these have been solved and which one of them hasn't. And make sure to join us again next week for episode one oh one, or Been and I recap another episode of Bye