Speaker 1: So I am broadcasting this week from our Greensboro facility. I'm I'm all over the place, man, because all week I'm here in Greensboro, come back to come back to Raleigh for one, and then I'm headed down to the coast to an event. Yes, I know, they just got a bunch of snow out there in the outer Banks. But we're going to be up in Beaufort. Well, I am ross Is ross Ain't coming but at the Beaufort Hotel because we have our big Bourbon uh uh you know, Battle of the Barrels is what it's called at the Beaufort Hotel going out there. We got some listeners, we gave away a trip, so congrats to our winter there. And this is this is going to be reps from like all the biggest names in Bourbon, you know, the ones you'll want with the special stuff. And that's coupled with a dinner a really really really great right struant there that's part of the Beaufort Hotel. In fact, probably the best shrimping this is gonna start a fight. Probably the best shrimping grits or top three shrimp and grits I've ever had, and I have been salivating ever since we put this thing together. Probably have that for two of the meals, but not the main meal because they're gonna go five star chef on this thing, so that'll be pair with the with the really really nice bourbon. They have room specials for under one hundred bucks. It's like a mini v K and we need it after this week. So at our Greensboro facility, it's it's brand new. We're in high Points. Specifically, we're in downtown high Point if you where the ballpark is right there where they have the big food hole down there, which is what a great location. I'm glad I don't broadcast out of Greensboro every day because I think i'd be three hundred pounds. And the barbecue joined under me is fantastic. But anyway, so I am. I'm sitting there and you know, it's all future and so literally part of the way I don't maybe I shouldn't say that there is a really there's a newer way that involves your phone to be able to get in through one of our secure there's multiple security apparatus. So don't don't start nothing you don't want to finish. But what I did not realize is I was standing outside in ten degree rather this morning. Ross is that if you misscan it, it times you out for two minutes. And I did it twice because I'm like, my hand is like, it's cold as hell, man, and I'm standing on the outside of the building. So then I'm like sitting there and I have to stand there for two minutes. And then I did the same thing because I you know, I do the Greensboro broadcasts intermittently, and so I've been standing. I was literally it's the coldest I've been in a while. And I'm a kid who grew up Wyoming, lived in Minneapolis for eight years. So we need to be done with this, man. And I know some of you are going outside jobs today and you're just like, God, screw you. But you got to understand, I'm not dressed for working outside. I'm dressed for getting from the parking lot to the door and into the warm studio. So I but you know, don't give me that. I've worked many a day outside much colder than this, and I wouldn't just be wearing a pullover. Look I'm wearing. But yeah, so that that'll get you up this morning. So if you're you dragging a little. You need something to get you going this morning. And I probably won't scream about Tom Tillis the whole show today, but probably some of it, and that'll that'll wake you up. You give me be up and at him. The won't be any problems there, so uh, there you go, all right, coming up on the h on the show today, I can move one of these backwards left handed mice that our boss uh screws up. Here we go. We're gonna have to have a couple discussions, uh, the the DEI casts off cast offs. I understand it's fun to go on Twitter x whatever and set tell them to learn to code, which is deeply ironic because eventually a I'll do it. So uh, there's that, but you know there's going to be a wholesale rejection because well, at the federal government, Trump's just like this stuff's done and we'll explain what they've done so var because it's not done done yet, and then how employees are responding to it. There's a lot of shenanigans afoot, a lot of it. And I hope that there's a lot of eyeballs that are watching this. And uh, I think I have a solution here, and and then it goes out into companies or institutions, whether they are n g o's, you know, non governmental organizations that that contract government contractors, universities that get dollars public dollars. And then the next step is the private sector who follows suit. Because the private sector realizes that no longer are they going to have to maintain these score so that they can work, you know, they have access to working capital, which is how so much of this got crammed down Corporate America's throat. They went to companies that utilize working capital, you know, big, big, of the biggest companies ever who literally have to draw on this stuff from black Rock and some of these others who these were conditions of it, and so because they had to do business, they met the conditions. And so I find it deeply ironic where people are streaming that the government. Are the governments out there influencing this This, this entire industry likely would never have exist did if not forced by people in a position to strangle a company's ability to exist, Because think of companies and think of how much it costs to get paper clips sometimes or you know, your your M and E for those of you who travel, they you know, that got impacted. They stopped her for a one match, and you can call it greed, you can call it whatever you want to call different companies or in different states, and and realize that that's a big line item on the budget of a lot of companies and they're always looking for something to purge. And if they're no longer held hostage by having to get the access to the money along with the you know, the cancel culture that was around things, they're not going to have an incentive to maintain big departments of this or pay people like that really really fat chick who wears the tightest clas I wouldnt even comment on her size, but like she wears this Spandex stuff and then stands in front of a whiteboard going all white people are racist, and then you find out what they pay her or that Ebrahm ken d X or whatever. I mean. These are easily a manager's salaries for like a two day thing, like an annual salary for a middle manager for just you know, a three hour thing a workshop. And then there's the staff you maintain. And there are a lot of people which this is what they were educated in they hold these degrees. The degrees have weird names, but they're all DEI. And so you're about to have I don't even know what the number is. You're about to have fifty thousand, one hundred thousand, probably more if you get into some of the ancillary stuff where they don't have job prospects in their big old degree that they just paid a gazin and they're still paying on. So there's a lot of panic, there's a lot of repositioning, and it doesn't change the underlying fact that that the DEI stuff and any employee who would expouse it and believes it, believes that everyone is inherently racist, has stemied companies ability to recruit people because the companies have a big DEI office. And if you are somebody who is not going who is going to be seen as an oppressor, well maybe you don't go work for that company because you realize you're probably limited with upward mobility. So even if they change their name, even if they do what I'm going to tell you that they're up to, the fact remains that it is still a cancer within your company. And I'm not talking about HR and providing fair working conditions and dealing with employees who do things like discriminate against people, but now it has to be all across the board and standardized HR departments, even with a modern adaptation, are capable of that. So if you have if you have on your LinkedIn that you're a a DEI officer, a lot of them are changing their labels HR professional and so now if you are a company who's hiring an HR professional and you've wanted to get rid of that DEI culture, the onus is on you to really figure out who you're hiring, which is really bad news for people who are all in on this, because you've got to be all in on the grift and they'll take that same attitude. Federal employees are literally shuffling. There have been several DEI officers for departments within the US government where the person has went and changed their title to something very generic, changed their LinkedIn. They're literally their official government title, which obviously required higher ups within you know where they work, Department of State. There was two in there. I was reading about to UH to maintain this. They're also gathering and UH and and gathering all of the DEI stuff right, all the stuff that likely UH is you know, in the case of the State Department, Marco Rubio or has ordered essentially purge from the system, and they're creating like uh, cleverly labeled backup stuff so that they because they think in four years they can just turn the spigot on again. You can't dismantle this enough. And I and I don't think they're thinking this through. So what do you do? What? What? What? How do you How are those people going to go for? And what does what does it mean when they're unable to because you're dealing in a lot of cases, you're dealing with a religion for all practical purposes. Right, you're not telling somebody that instead of doing music radio, let's switch you over to talk radio because you know there's more opportunity. And like I made that transition, I made it on my own. You're looking at people who the mere suggestion that they don't do the one thing anymore is akin to you denouncing their god because they believe that strongly. Will there be violence? I don't know, I hope not. These are all things that you have to think about. And so I think if you are one of these think tanks, one of these organists, whether it's the Heritage Foundation or whatever. I think that right now, there needs to be an organization the catalogs who all of the DEI people are. And it's not a blacklist. But you can't sit here and decide that all of a sudden you're going to operate in the same way and just change your name even though you're on the public dole and this ideology has been expressly rejected. But also, I don't think you're going to do any good telling them all to learn to make fries. No, no, no, I think that where they're going to end up is where somebody with a degree and a little bit of extra schooling can find themselves, and that's in your kids classrooms. You may not have that one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year DEI position at you know, pick whatever it is, and yeah, you'd be working for less money, but it's pretty it's a pretty transferable thing if you have the degree, and then you add on the educational and the practicum or whatever they call it where the student teachers come in, and and then now you got more woke ideology jammed into your kid's school. Like, I don't know what this looks like, I think it's an interesting conversation, but that's the only logical place I can Yeah, this is a here's how woke federal employees can keep DEI alive in defiance of Trump's order. And it does a pretty good breakdown, pretty good breakdown of how they're going through and uh and and literally they're creating like dry hard drive, hidden hard drives of all the DEI stuff because they think in four years, in one day, they can flip the switch and it's back. So will it be a pause or will it be a complete reorganization of how this stuff is integrated into everything that we do at a governmental level and within the company you work? And I don't know the answer to that. I I I don't. And you know, lastly we need is more Antifa. University of Washington screwed up. Antifa literally took some Turning Point USA speakers and who are who are flanked by police and they barricaded them into a room, which is kidnapping. I thought, and and uh and and they have the they have it surrounded. There's video online this morning. There's two cops they're standing there. There's like fifty Antifa out there. They're beating on the doors in the windows, even though they've said they've locked them down so they can't leave. Even Trump administration's going to pull dollars if this stuff is happening, and the University of Washington knows it. Harvard just had a bunch of a bunch of dollars pulled from them because they're refusing to change. This is gonna be. It's gonna be. It's not gonna be pretty and smooth. Just prepare yourself. So well, we'll get into a couple other things there. I got a crazy costco story we'll get to. And Eric Swallwell decided to send the dumbest tweet I've seen of this presidency so far. So kudos to to that guy, because holy crap.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: In fact, let me read it to you and then we'll go to break and you can ponder the information he's provided and think, you know, let me know if you agree with him. All right, you're ready here it is this is This is the Chinese spy hooker upper dude. Okay, And I wanted to Nuki that one time. He says, there's not been a day in America where more cops were hurt in a single event than January sixth. For his first act as president, Trump releases every rider who attacked and hert cops. This is the joker releasing the lunatics of the asylum. Oh no, he didn't see the second joker, did he? Oh yeah, that's okay. A lot of people didn't spoiler. Yeah, yees. Single deadliest day for the for the kid. You know that for police is January sixth. Think about that. We'll be right back. It's thirty five. Welcome back here on the Cacoday radio program. This is this is an easy answer, but it's so easy it requires not just him not to know, but for him to understand that he's trolling, but says it anyway and then attempt to align himself as well. We are the party of law enforcement because we're matic Trump over the commutation part of his orders that he signed. Eric Swallwell tweeting there has not been a day in America where more cops were hurt in a single event than January sixth, And then he puts some other stuff in there, basically talking about j six stuff that's not only provably false. You don't even have to go to the big exam. Do you know what I mean, you don't. You don't have to invoke nine to eleven, which is the obvious answer. Right, you can go to Dallas, you know, before they blew that guy up with the robot there, which sadly I don't not video that I've seen that dirt bag, or you can pick I don't know. And now if you want to go with hurt in a single day versus killed, then you know, at least at least those those numbers gonna be higher. But in nine to eleven, there were more police officers killed than were reportedly quote unquote injured. And by the way, the injured because they played so fast and loose over whether like sick Nick died. You know, you still have politicians go, you know, they murdered a police officer that day. Well, that's not that's not true. That's not true. You I guess you could still argue that the st rest of it continued, but it's just not true because it's not I mean that they they did the autopsies, did multiple autopsies on sick Nick. And I and I want to be clear here because my position has not changed. It's I can only adapt it into the situation. We're here there were people who were absolutely violently attacking police. And I'm not talking about the police because people go, well they were hitting some of them with the you know, the rubber balls and all that stuff. You have to go individual on stuff. But there were people. There's a there was a guy with a flagpole who clearly cheap shot at an officer with it. No no exactly what that dude's name is, but and the officer had been among those officers that was standing and looking like they were playing Bejeweled on their phone. I don't condone any of that. The problem is is rather than targeting those individuals where and you could even throw the book at them, and I think people probably you decided you were going to go and you were going to charge you know, seventy five year old dudes with a caine who are strolling give them, give them two years, and inflate a fifty dollars charge. It is a known thing in DC and it was evidenced during the Kavanaugh disruptions of disrupting proceedings and parading is the other one, and turn those into felonies and illegally so in many instances, according to the Supreme Court ruling, you had judges who the stuff that they allowed. I was I was reading a thing this morning. I'm not a lawyer, but I've watched some Law and Order. Okay, maybe there's some lawyers listening this morning. If you're a lawyer and you're listening this morning, explain how this would be allowed into evidence. So there was one guy who he was given nineteen nineteen months he is There was a twenty two minute video, and the twenty two minute video was a montage of all the worst video, right, that officer getting struck with the flagpole, the one officer's got his hands in the door and they're slamming it and they busted up his hands, right, all the stuff that people absolutely agree in the ninety ninth percentile are our dirt bags that deserve to go to you know, go to jail. But that wasn't this dude. This dude isn't in any of those And then interspliced in the middle of a twenty two minute greatest Hits or worst Hits? How everyone to describe it video is six seconds of this dude walking down a hall, walking down a hall like a tourist, and then another eight seconds here, and in total he was in the Capitol for eight minutes, and they know his path. He didn't touch anybody, He didn't touch anything. He walked through that open door, spent eight minutes walking around. Look what's going on in here? What's going on here? Took some picture left nineteen months but allowing a twenty two minute video where it's all the worst stuff, but in all the worst stuff parts, he's not there. He's not even in proximity because they know his path. They charted his path because he kept, you know, pop up over here on this camera and this camera, and they trace it around. They know he didn't do anything. They didn't care. And the judge, over the objections of his attorney, allowed that twenty two minute video which spliced him in doing nothing in the middle of you know, pretty awful stuff. And once you start doing that, and the judge light, which, how would that not be prejudicial? How would that how would that not be prejudiced? That that would be like, you know, you're trying to tie I don't know, ross to nine to eleven, sorry, buddy, And and but you know, and then there's the here's the video of the planes, here's the people jumping from the building. It's all emotionally taxing. Obviously, we those of us who remember nine to eleven and and and everything we saw that day. And and here's Ross at Zukati Park, which is about a block away getting a snow cone. But then you got all the other stuff like you would never allow that. Also, Ross had nothing to do with it was just an example. My point is like, that's you don't even have to be a lawyer to go. That's insane. How would that be allowed? And it was because of the totality of everything that this administration and this this this previous or this previous administration and Justice Department chose to do.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: You you soured and and and you you you destroyed any sense of justice over the totality of it because of what you were doing. When you start charging people who were there and you know they weren't there, including North There's a guy in North Carolina, gotcha who wasn't there and I think he was the he's like seventy veteran wasn't there, and they you know, didn't they didn't care. They didn't get him charged, but they essentially bankrupted him. They essentially bankrupted him. And that was that was the goal. If they couldn't get you charged, they were going to wear you down. I don't know if there's veracity to the idea that J six those incarcerated were subject subjected to abuse above and beyond or just abuse in general. But there's some really really chilling accusations. And you know why because as a totality, you have dehumaned those folks. And it's easy to do because there's so much politics attached there. These are the dirt bags of all dirt bags. And if you've got it in your mind and you're willing to go along with that and not even evaluate what's going on on an individualized basis, it becomes a lot easier to do those things. So no, the potstars small Well can go ahead, and he can you know, he can do all of his little, uh, his little trolling here. But you know the fact remains that anyone willing to take an honest look at this should be horrified and then judge whether you think Trump should have gone one by one, whether it should have just been a handful, and and then you know, you had to go through a hearing and a judy or if you could look at the the whole thing, the whole thing and with the ability of having u you know, many of the folks who were who are actually accused and or were convicted of attacking law enforcement or being violent in some other manner, perhaps to a counter protester. Right, you realize it's really hard to remove that stuff, and most of them have served some time. And then you couple it with the third factor that at the very same span of time you watch city after city decimated. And yes, some people were charged, but the standard protocol was not overcharging. In most cases, it was undercharging. I did many a story where somebody was out there and you remember with the laser pointers where they literally blinded they literally blinded a federal law enforcement officer. That person did under two years, and a bunch of others there didn't even catch a jailable charge for it, even though they were in on it. And because remember they were charging people who weren't even at January sixth, because they posted that people should go there, there was an immense double standard. And in Washington, d C. If you go up, if you go up and you're some random dirt bag in DC and you punched a cop this morning, would they arrest you? Sure? Would you get a sentence commensurate with a guy or what they were attempting to do to a guy who literally walked through for or what they did do nineteen months. Probably not you'd get you might get sentenced to it, and then they'd suspend all but like ninety days or something, they'd put you in a program probation or whatever. DC is notorious for undercharging, not in this case, and so you look at all of that and you ask yourself, how do you make that right when you're dealing with fifteen sixteen hundred individuals. And I don't know. I still feel like there's people that were that probably should have caught full charge. But I think that if you're in DC and you decide to assault law enforcement who's not doing anything, or just assault anybody for that matter, is just stand their mind in their business. DC has some serious crime problems. It would behoove them to avail themselves of the statutes. But with the January sixth stuff, they literally bastardized the statutes. They made one up that some three hundred and fifty defendants ended up catching, you know, in excess of a year over until the Supreme Court stepped in and they turned a fifty dollars finable offense into significant prison time, not to be confused with jail time prison time, which is usually I don't know what it is in DC, but in most jurisdictions, you know, it's a year in a day. Year in a day is the standard, whether you're going to be in a county lock up facility or you're going to one of the state prisons or in this case, federal prisons. So forgive me there.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: Swallwoll is an idiot. But I almost don't even have to point that out. What is this Boston Paul thinks he's cute this morning. It's okay, too much of a coward to come to our bourbon thing. So he's got to send you a little picky in like my microphone. All right, coming up on the show, we've got big Virgin news. I'm assuming, well, I don't know. I'll let you be the judge. Costco California story next crazy stuff. Hang on. He told them to make a list. Know what I'm saying is an organization out there if they want to track this is going to spearhead this and and track them. We can discuss whether that's a good thing, because it kind of feels like if you do that, you're you're locking somebody into a position where they have to double down on that ideology. I recognize that it may not be a good idea. If somebody wants to, uh, you know, get away from the DEI stuff and still do you know, some sort of corporate something or other, and they're not pushing the ideology, then I don't necessarily know what the problem is, except the every time I see somebody one of these DEI folks, they're all in man, and you'd have to be because the ideology is so toxic that you'd have to overlook the fact that you're now the racist and not be aware of that crazy stuff. Okay, wall hold on? Speaking of crazy? Uh Boston, Paul, what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, I can't quite a few people over the years with something better than police officer.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, hold on, So are you saying that people really like to punch you or something? I can't imagine?
Speaker 5: And I tell you, you know, but most of the time, when it got the quarter was a coofit or you know, time served if they were waiting for arraignment, everything was dealt down a restitution for uniform and past that would destroy or something. But I did any real crime.
Speaker 1: Well, now you got you remember you guys made that one kid go learn math? Uh and uh and and go see Robin Williams. I remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, they didn't They didn't do much with something about in police officers. They used that to like make them deal to a lesser another crime, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Were they mitigating circumstances like was the police offics are harassing them about the quality of their microphone, because then you know, Jerry's probably gonna open early.
Speaker 5: You know, you'd be able to have us for tomorrow's show. Anyway, what's that we're gonna buy? Go go, go the best buy and buy your mister microphone.
Speaker 1: Stop it, all right, you get out of here, you know. I go get that little play school cop set with the little plastic badge and stuff.
Speaker 3: I already got one already, I see.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, don't freeze. Don't freeze, get to lose the national treasure. That is your take. Uh. By the way, Ross is vindicated this morning on avocados.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I uh so, if you don't know, I'm a I love avocados. Guacamole. Ross is an avocados and guacamole or just guacamole you don't like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, both, specifically guacamole, Like you can't do it right?
Speaker 1: Is that is that it's a visual or something? But well, also you didn't want to eat you don't want to eat cartel murder food, so that yeah, yeah, yeah, New York Times. How labeling Cartel's terrorists could hurt the US economy? What Isolating US companies from cartel activities could be almost impossible given that criminal groups operate in sectors such as avocado agriculture and tourism. Wait a second, are you did you for there's avocado part? That's okay, that's a problem then right, Maybe the thing is not to let the cartels keep running the avocado racket cartel, which, by the way, do you think the cocaine car like do you think the guys the cast offs from like Escobar and the Cali cartel, when they go to the cartel conferences they make fun of the avocado cartel. I just feel I feel like there's a pecking order, cartel pecking order. But I don't know. But the second thing, tourism, do you mean coyotes. Ross. Did you find it weird that Austin Paul was kind of like being an apologist for one of the more famous cases of officer assault.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean he's pretty much calling out Goodwill Hunting for not being accurate, which is kind of a depressing because remember that's the one reason that Will went in. You hit a car going in like that was.
Speaker 1: The r Yeah, well he tried. He tried the common law argument from you know, the sixteen hundreds cop. The judge was was not buying it. But eventually they worked out a plea deal.
Speaker 6: So liberty is a sinko a what yahanna?
Speaker 1: And then he found redemption and uh, you know, a nice little British audience. You know, it's not your fault. No, it's not it's not your fault. There are some apples this morning. I have a sudden craving. I'm gonna check the kitchen here at the break all right, so you want you want some nerd news, I got some nerd news for you. One of my nine mice in.
Speaker 6: Here are they still are the the there? They still like switched?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're in And I move him. I move them over to the other side. Every morning and he moves them back.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure that he has to change it now, right, didn't Trump had an executive order or something about that?
Speaker 1: I think that's actually that dude. That's exactly what I said to him on Monday. I'm like, man, nothing that I could do. You didn't see him sign it. Ah, you should have paid attention. No, no more left handed mice. For those who don't know, it's not just that he uses the mouse, because there's people who are left handed, like Ross's left hand, there's people who are left handed listening to the show. What I mean is he goes into the settings. This is our this is our program director for the Greensborough for WPT I JT, who Ross and JT known each other for decades, like literally work together. So he goes into the settings and reverses the buttons of the mouse. So me, as a normal right handed person or even a normal left handed per thinks that's insane to physically reverse it. So your foot, you're you know, you're flying around like, oh, let me click on this thing, and you click your left finger and it doesn't do anything. You're like, oh that's right. Then you got to click your right finger. So no, now I just uh, I figured out how to do it. So game on, blood Bloodless coup. What are you gonna do? So we'll see. But now I keep changing it back and then in uh, this is such, this is such petty stuff. Also, if so, if you one of our computers, at one of the iHeartMedia Company computers, you know, the desktops are in the studios, you log in under your own log in, and then obviously your desktop is your stuff, your programs, your files, all that. If you just walk away and it times out and locks the computer, you can't select a different log in.
Speaker 2: Drop.
Speaker 1: You know we're a new user. You have to physically restart the computer. If you take the two seconds that it takes to click logout, then whoever's next doesn't have to restart the computers like me. You know, O dark thirty in the morning, I got to restart everything in here. So you know, turnabout's fair play. Now I do it to him. Game on, man, Yeah, petty office stuff here, you want some petty check this out. A costco in California broke out in a brawl. A brawl footage captured at the Atwater Village Costco in It's a lot Los Angeles area showed a group of I don't know, trying to count here, there's easily there's easy like fifty people. I would say ten of them are brawling. The other ones are standing around yelling, some are trying to break it up. A couple look like they jump in there. So were why were they brawling? Did they have disagreements over fire policy? And in Los Angeles? And no? They were brawling because Costco got an order of Pokemon cards. These are adults they got they got these special Pokemon Collectors packages. I know nothing. I know nothing about Pokemon, so I'm just gonna let you know. I guess maybe Pokemon. I think Ross and I missed Pokemon by what five years, maybe ten years. I don't even I don't even know if my I think my little brother was into it for a while. And he's seven seven years younger than me, so I don't know. I I but if you look, if Pokemon was your thing as a kid, great, this isn't what this is about. This goes back to the collector card thing that I literally lost track of for decades. Right when I was a kid, I'd buy baseball cards. I remember I to this day, remember opening the first the rookie year and getting a bo Jackson, and I remember I was elated forever. Damn. I wish i'd know what happened to that, But get that was the big thing when I was really kind of getting into cards. And I remember, like cause we'd go we go to a little League or was legion where the American Legion ran it up there, and then they had like a little concession thing for when the games are going on, so you could get like, you know, chips and drinks, and but you could buy baseball cards there. And so every week I would buy a pack with the allowance there, and I got me a bo Jackson and I spent I think I spent the whole day not even concerned about the game, just talking with my buddies about that. It was really cool. But it was also like fifty cents. I don't know what tops cards were at that time, but that bo Jackson was pretty amazing. I collected the entire eighty seven tops, which you know in retrospect they overprinted a lot of that stuff. But that was what McGuire's rookie bunch of others like I was, and then I, you know, I figured out if you talk to girls, that's fun, and and you know, the baseball cards kind of went by the side, So went ahead and went ahead and did that. And UH didn't think about it literally, Oh well, okay, all right. I didn't think about it literally until I call. I saw a video of this. He's American, du he's like an Asian, but he's an Asian guy, right, I don't and he I think he calls himself a pacman or said some pun and it just happened to catch a video, and by and by the way, I felt it very entertaining. But the thing that caught me was the title that got served up in like the YouTube algorithm, and it says we opened a two thousand dollars pack. I'm like, what how much your cards? And then I went down this rabbit hole and I did not real that, like, if you want top tier sports cards, you right, you're you're you're paying eight hundred dollars for a box of them that may have ten packs in it, and that's where you get the truly expected like that. It went crazy. Same with Pokemon and UFC stuff and saw, you know, all the different sports and and there's this whole insane industry out there where people are doing things like paying a million dollars for a Victor wembin Yama rookie card because it's a one of one or something like. I don't get it. But also, if you want to do that, that's fine. That's what you're dealing with here. These were ravenous resellers, so they're not even really in it for the love of the game. They just realized that because Costco was selling the stuff for cheap, that they could go ahead and uh and and probably make some money there. And I understand that, but it evolved into an all out brawl over Pokemon cards and what's crazy? Uh, I don't know, ROI. You had a chance to see the video. They're poor wives and girlfriends. Now, I don't see him in the video, but they had to be mortified. I'm sure they're all standing off to the side right watching this unfold. I want to get into it. And then they didn't interview any of their wives or girlfriends either, so that was that was a little strange. But these are grown adults fighting each other over Pokemon cards. Imagine being that person. Imagine thinking you have to punch two of your neighbors. So you can get a what's what's the name of a Pokemon Pikachu. That's the only one I know. I'm sure. I'm sure there's a bunch of others, so you can get a Pikachu. Another thing I know that is because remember when doctor Campbell, Remember when a grown doctor that we used to have on the show was trying to capture Pokemon.
Speaker 6: He came in like a lunatic doing that Pokemon what is it called Pokemon go? Yeah, I get you know, it's g It was geographic, so so you have which is how they ended up having to like tell people to not come to Auschwitz to catch Pokemon. Remember that became a thing or at the Holocaust Museum in DC.
Speaker 1: Like, there were so many insane stories. This is a This is a person who went to medical school, right, I tell you what. He went duke in University of Virginia and undergrad at NCC. He went to three different colleges. Highly educated individual who literally will open your chest and make your heart work again. And he's in Ross's studio trying to catch something that's that he's hallucinating, so like it's just crazy town, man. And then we like he was part of a group where we go up to the mountains. We go up up towards Sparta, their high meadows and rowing gap and all that. We play old bow, We play a few courses. Big guys trip do it every summer. And so there's there's like twenty of us right this big trip. We rent a couple of the big houses. And this doctor's walking around literally in people's backswing catching Pokemon. I don't get it. I don't understand it, and I don't understand people a bunch of virgins punching each other for Pokemon cards in a costco like like when you're evaluating that later, are you like? What am I doing with my life? I need to go. I need to go touch grass or get on a dating app or something, or do you know, take a vow of celibacy and be a monk. I don't know, do something productive. No, I'm gonna be on video brawling with other adults over Pokemon cards. The world has absolutely lost its mind. Man. But hey for my amusement, because hey, we're here talking about it. So there you go. All right, So I tease this article earlier, how woke federal employees keep d are keeping deilive in defiance of Trump's orders, And the question becomes, what do you do if you think needs stamped out and a combination of market forces and turning off the government spigging on this is going to be the way to do it. You got to realize that if you unseed an entire industry full of people, they're gonna have to do something. And just telling them to go pick strawberries on Twitter may feel good to you, but it's not gonna be reality. So, uh, we'll get into this. We'll do it next here on the CaCO Day radio program. What do I read? I just leave at the call streamer? Are all those words correct? Because I always try to in my brain figure out where the caller is going with us. I have to know what this is?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Hold up, grab the right mouse, Bernie. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Born and Casey?
Speaker 1: Morning?
Speaker 3: Card market? The card market is so crazy. You can go to Walmart and call get no places by what they call retail bosses and retail packs.
Speaker 1: By the way, because I did, I well, hang on, Birdie, because I want to explain this to people. Because I myself, I when I see something I don't know about it, I try to educate myself a little, and admittedly I don't know barely anything, but it seemed really scummy because they produce two different sets basically, and they got you know, for the Walmart for the kids, and then they have these really high end hobby I think they call it, called them hobby right where it's like eight hundred dollars for a box, but it's where the good cards are. So if you buy the cheapies, you can't even get the good cards. You gotta buy thet You gotta spend a car payment to have a chance at them. And they're private business, they can do what they want, but it just seems like you're taking advantage of your sports fans and your card collectors.
Speaker 3: You can still get hit at the retail boxes retail tags, but not the.
Speaker 1: Big, big big ones, right, not the big ones they make videos about.
Speaker 3: Right, It just depends on the holograph of the men car it Jersey patch card. You can get them, but people weigh the pack just to see which pack is ways more to get the good packs with little with scales.
Speaker 1: Well, if I'm the manufacturer, I would not want people doing that because then they probably wouldn't buy your lighter boxes. Wouldn't you stick something in there so they all weigh the same?
Speaker 3: They do that, they put a piece of cardboard in there.
Speaker 1: Work science, man, huh because a Pokemon card there's the only thing I know about the pokem Yeah, some of them are made of like heavy material and not just Pokemon but cards. Right, yeah, okay, all right, that ways around all that. What's your do you so you sound like you're into this, sir? Do you still.
Speaker 3: I collect? I'm old toys, so I go to card shows and toy shows, got you and that stuff. That stuff there's a big business. It's not a hobby no more. It's a business. People buy that stuff trying to you know, turn over to make a fortune out of it.
Speaker 1: Hey, good, good on them. It sounds like gambling, sir. Yeah, okay, And again they're private company if their customers are fine with that. I just from a kid's standpoint, I would think it'd be a little discouraging because I wouldn't you know, when I was opening cards in the eighties, if there was a good card to be had in a set, likely there was only one set for the manufacturer, and you had you had. Whatever the odds are. Everyone else had and honor the days. I guess so, Greg.
Speaker 3: I mean, they even make cards with historical signature cuts like six seven dollars a bus and you may get like a it would be Ruth Ruth r Graf or at least a Gray.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show, we're gonna chat with Stephen Kent our NERD correspond and yeah, we're gonna have to get into the little bit of the card you know, the cards stuff and the because this is with the Pokemon stuff, because absolutely, but also uh, let's see here. Yeah, okay, so we had Netflix definitely want to talk about that, and uh, they're going to try to do the Chronicles and Narnia thing again. And there are some concerns that Hollywood may Hollywood it as Hollywood do, so uh we'll pick that. But I am learning so much about Here's what Here's here's what I know. Ross. Did you collect baseball cards or sports cards or is it just the magic stuff? Ross worked at the Magic Show.
Speaker 6: I collected boxing cards. I was really big into boxing cards, but also wrestling cards.
Speaker 1: Okay, well absolutely, but the wrestling stuff. So I understand here's what I here's what I knew. Tops were what I wanted Donnris was for the pores. What was then the Flare Flair whatever. I don't remember if we had those, but then I remember, and this is one the last things I remember. I remember because I wanted Jordan Michael Jordan cards, and at some point he decided he was only going to be in upper deck. But upper deck was like the they were like they were the premium cards. And then I after that I discovered girls and stuff. But yeah, but it's it's a it's a rabbit hole, man.
Speaker 6: I actually it's sort of a humble brag. They also had a lot of the big collectible Star Trek cards.
Speaker 1: So see, obviously you found girls earlier because they're naturally attracted to that, right green ones, Yes, yeah, yeah, love that is the board Queen's not green, you perve he's got a board queen thing. All right, let's go, let me grab two calls real quick. I know, I know some of you're like, why are we talking about you know why? Because I screamed yesterday my voice hurts. Okay, oh horrific. Thought that last call was like you could get the cards with and I just somebody sent me a link to this and there's like there's packs of cards where it could have like Serena Williams or George Washington in it. The company that does those, I mean the cuts is basically like they get a hold of a check they wrote or contract or whatever, they cut it out, then they make a card out of it. So see in case I didn't, I didn't know what the terminology exactly meant, but that's what it is. The problem is I'd buy this thing and then I'd get nothing but Till's cards, and I'd be so upset. Right, and the bike spokes right, the bike spokes with those. Jake, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning?
Speaker 1: If you want to have a riot, Jammy, I can hear you. I don't know that I want to have a riot, but sell me hunt sir if you want.
Speaker 3: If you want to have a riot, you could go right here in Durham have it as They make a lot of those cards right here in Durham.
Speaker 1: Which what what do you mean just all of them in general? Or is there one of the companies it's like tops have a planter or something.
Speaker 2: Well, no, there's just a printing company that does a lot of different cards right here in Durham.
Speaker 3: And uh, they do magic cards. They do the Pokemon cards, and security inside there is pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: They make me put a stick girl for my camera on my phone, even though I need my camp my phone for work to take pictures of stuff I'm doing.
Speaker 3: But uh, it's it's pretty tight in there.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, we're considering. I literally I read it. I read an article where somebody paid a million dollars for a rookie card of the dude down in San Antonio, the when min Yama and so like, you're sticking a million dollars into a little pack and putting it in a box and sending it out and who knows where. That's crazy?
Speaker 3: Man, eat golden ticket.
Speaker 1: Is coming up? Hey, man, that would be I'd be down with dad. You give me a chance at oopa lumpas absolutely, Bob, what's up.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kasey? Good morning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Out there in Durham by the air, they make seventy five to eighty percent of the world's Pokemon cards and magic cards. They also do baseball cards with like the jerseys and like pieces of the fat or whatever.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 6: So, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: How do they wait? How do they what do you mean the jerseys? They you win it like you can win a jersey or something.
Speaker 4: No, just like a like a little clip, like a little like a little piece of the jersey that the guy wore in the game on the card.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So they so they get one jersey as some guy wore, and they probably make twenty cards or fifty cards out of it.
Speaker 4: Or a thousand cards because it's just you know, the cards aren't big. So the jersey piece yeah big?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, all right, slender Man, you were a saying Senator slender Man. Yeah, he has a problem with Trump's partons, but he never had a problem with Biden's partans.
Speaker 3: Come on, I don't know that he didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that he didn't have a problem. But here's here's the Johnny Come Lately side of this is the passion wasn't there. He was very passionate in what I saw, which is what set what triggered me the other day. And he, like everybody else, knows and knew what was going on with the absolute rolling abuse of power, and he doesn't seem to want to address that other side of it. And I don't have any time for that. And uh, the NCGOP needs to purge them because I need a hobby because I don't collect cards, because I can't afford to pay eight hundred dollars for a box of cards. So my hobby will be making sure this dude never goes back to Washington. So the you know, real estate party, figure it out.
Speaker 4: You know, what are you gonna do if he If he's not in Washington, then your hobby's gone. You gotta find a new hobby.
Speaker 1: Noh, fine, don't worry. There's a there's dirt bags of plenty up there, sir.
Speaker 4: Okay, y'all have a wonderful day in case you thank you too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they don't stop making dirt bags. Never gonna, never gonna run out of dirt bags in Washington. Come on, man, that's too that's too easy. Oh wait, hold on, wait a second, hold on, stop it. Ross. I just got a text from a mutual acquaintance of both doctor Campbell and myself who told me that last week Campbell was still catching peekachs. I don't have to text him after the show. Oh man, absolute crazy town. All right, seven forty two here on the KCO Day radio program. All right, so back to this, what are federal employees. What are federal employees doing to keep DEI alive? And it's pretty interesting. So as you have, you know, you have the purge within the government obviously with truck, you know, with Trump sign putting them on leave, and then we'll see where it goes from here. I just think you're trying to figure out if they can you know, what you can do based on the different employee classes. But I look, if the government doesn't have the flexibility to eliminate the apartments that are unnecessary, redundant, or no longer needed because things have changed without an Act of Congress, then government is not nimble enough to do anything above and beyond the bare minimum right because that is that's that's a logistical problem. And if if you're a big company and you're unable to do that, we've seen examples of this, you know where a company was running to the ground because it was held hostage by and then you know, insert whatever the whatever it is. You know, unions is the one like, oh, the unions are doing it, but you know a lot of times it's a lot more than that. So what do you do with people who have over educated themselves honestly believe that everything is inherently racist and and you know, white people of the perpetrators have been paid tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars to go give day long seminars that you're forced to if you want to be employed to ten so that you can be told you're a giant pile of crap, and then to create scenarios where you also realize that upward mobility is going to be a long shot for you because you don't tick any of the diversity boxes. You got to really believe in it. You got to be died in that. Plus you got student loans coming out your petard on this thing. And where do those folks go, Well maybe they go into some other part of it, and that ideology isn't part of what motivates them. But they're believers. Man. That's like taking somebody who's a you know as a preacher and you know, really really believes it and wants them to work in another capacity and then asking them to divorce themselves of you know, divine influence or prayer or any of the rest. It's difficult. This is the woke religion. And as companies don't feel shackled because operating capital is now available to them without a score talking about how diverse they are. Then what incentive does a publicly traded company have to one that in their office? If it's it's an unnecessary department companies maximizing profit. Love it or hate it is something that companies strive to do all of the time. So now you're talking thousands, tens of that, hundreds of thousands. Perhaps if you get into the all the underlings in these departments, what are they going to do? Sure, some are going to have applicable skills that work in other capacities. And yeah they're educated. So you know, if you had a basic liberal arts degree and then you got a post you know, post grad degree and that spun you into DEI, you probably still have marketable skills. So do they just pretend none of it ever happened. People have suggested that you need to make a list of all current DEI associated employees that other employers when checking can literally check that name. Well, that's just what Democrats did to Republicans, maybe not as official, although they do have lists. Oh they love lists, block lists mostly, but they have these lists. Do you want done to them? What was done to you? If you think it's inherently wrong. I don't know the answer to that. I do know the answer to your your weather troubles live with raced Agic from the Weather Channel. Who needs to fix stuff. So I gotta look, dude, I gotta drive down to the coast for on Saturday. Man Beau for North Carolina knew.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, here's the good news. There's no additional snow on the forecast.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha right, so roads improving.
Speaker 8: The Weather Service did hang on to the win your weather advisory just parts of the triangle in points east because of previous snow. There still may be some black ice in spots cold morning though, a lot of teens and middle teens at that even a thirteen right now at Chapel Hill twelve as you get up your way and then back into the triad Lewisville fourteen degrees. You go further north in Rockingham County Reidsville eleven and there's a single digit up there caswell. So it's very cold, but temperatures will start coming back, no precept right through the weekend until about Monday. Now we'll have to watch it timing. On that Monday, there's a chance of rain in the morning and if temperatures are still around freezing, we'll see. Doesn't look like it's going to be a big mess, but we'll worry about that in the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: So a lot of clouds from.
Speaker 8: Sun today, mid upper thirties tonight in near twenty so we are a little better there, and then sunny Friday, upper thirties to low forties and probably in the mid forties by Saturday with sunshine, and then wrap it up the weekend Sunday with sunshine and back to normal as we're on either side of fifty depending on where you are, so upper forties probably tryad and low fifties for the triangle. So getting better, and it looks like next week we may actually get some spots close to sixty degrees, so also be gone. Yeah, yeah, see it's over. No more winter, Yes, Texas going away. It's over and we're looking forward now to springtime.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want to congratulate you because you have you guys, you count you and the your your your team are now second in my list of NFC East teams that annoy me. So what did we do?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Did you see the mayor of Philadelphia at the playoff rally she held yesterday or two days ago. No, I did not. Okay, play a little audio for you, ready, Okay, tell me if you can see why this is really bad. We've got to do this.
Speaker 9: Let me hear you all saying he owe, No, let's go back.
Speaker 1: She misspelled the team name. She misspelled the team name, and I don't even have a complicated team name.
Speaker 8: She was so excited, right, and so no, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it. Do you know that fifty two of Philadelphia this is true, fifty two percent of Philadelphia adults are functionally illiterate or completely illiterate.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 1: So like maybe half the fans didn't notice. Probably not, probably not. Man, all right, so there we go. Yeah, yeah, you're not the mayor at the rally with the team, right, So there's there's that. All right, man, we'll talk in an hour. I appreciate it, all right, seven forty eight. Hang on, we got a lot of people listen to this show. Speedal, you just send me that money, because like it sounds like a lot of times you're just you're just sticking it in a wood chipper. Holy cow, I've here's the guy's he buys boxes at seven hundred and fifty dollars apiece. Oh again, it's your money, do what you want with it. But as somebody who just really wasn't clocked in on this stuff, it's just it's crazy, not as crazy as what all these politicians claim they're getting ready to do, and then like will immediately back down if a pair of bracelets, you know, come out by federal law enforcement officials, like the mayor of Denver who's keying up to martyr himself for people in the country illegal legal disobedience.
Speaker 10: You've mentioned that a couple of times. Now, would you be willing to participate in those as the mayor of Denver? Would you be willing to go out and protest these things?
Speaker 11: I would if I believe that our residents are having their rights violate, if I think things are happening that are illegal or immoral or an American in our city, I would certainly protest it, and I would expect it.
Speaker 1: And you'll notice these cats don't just say yes. They throw a lot of qualifiers in there. I suspect that's for later when they need it going. Well, it's not it's wrong, but it's not immoral.
Speaker 10: The residents will do the same Trump's new borders are. Tom Holman has said that he is willing to arrest leader.
Speaker 1: He's like my Tom Holman is easily one of my favorite characters in all of this, not just because I had a chance to interview the guy and actually hung out with him and some other radio hosts at a broadcast event that we did, and he's just he's a really interesting dude to talk to, and he has zero bandwidth for bs either. And also we share an affinity for a finer scotches and or whiskey. So that being said, dude ain't screwing around, and so he you know, he's going to be the villain in a lot of these.
Speaker 10: Interviews, like yourself for standing in the way of these policies that they want to enact. Would you be willing to go to jail for these things?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not afraid of that, and I'm also not seeking that. I think the goal is we want to be able to negotiate with reasonable people how to solve hard problems.
Speaker 1: But that's not because this is a cut and dry issue. If you're not in the country legally, it is the position of this administration that you will not be in the country.
Speaker 12: If there's Massachusetts struction requests, it would the Massachusetts State Police assist in mass deportations.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not.
Speaker 9: But you know, let me say this. I do think it's important that we all recognize that there's going to be a lot of pressure on states and state officials, and I can assure you we're going to work really hard to deliver Some realities also need to be, you know, noted, and that is in twenty sixteen, we had a very different situation in the courts, and while I'm sure there may be litigation ahead, you know, there's a lot of other ways that people are going to act and need to act for the sake of their states and their residents.
Speaker 1: There's yeah, okay, and I'm just going to cut her off because she's alone. And remember this woman did use state police to deport it's still cold outside cause you haven't stepped out. There a spoiler alert on that, but that's what this segment's about. Sometimes spoiler alerts, although maybe I don't know that we'll have any this time around. But to help us do it, we invite our NERD correspondent in Steven Kent joining us doing this morning.
Speaker 3: I'm doing really well.
Speaker 2: I was super excited to hear about the executive order being signed extending your show, so congratulations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we tried to get pardon so we didn't have to do it, but that's how these things go.
Speaker 2: But Ross is still going away, man.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, although I did see a tweet yessay that said that Ross was freed, but it turned out to be a different Ross. So sometimes selling drugs on the internet or something were ran a site that did yeah, pored of us. Hey, man, dude, that guy's got a crypto wallet with I guarantee it hidden away with some serious dollars. He's going to port himself on a yacht to the Bahamas probably. So question, you weren't in La yesterday?
Speaker 2: Were you not? That I know of?
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to make sure you weren't in the Pokemon did right? Did you see the Pokemon riot at the Costco.
Speaker 2: The Pokemon rye.
Speaker 3: No, I've not heard about this.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to catch me out.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, yeah, I'm sorry. That was my bad. I forgot to tell Russ to send that over to you. So yeah, apparently Pokemon produced some collect some I know nothing about this, so bear with me. I don't know how much you're into collectibles, but they put out some special Pokemon packs the collectors or resellers really wanted. And of course, like any good Black Friday style shopping event, there was not as many for the number of shoppers, so grown adults fought each other in a giant melee in the isle of Costco over Pokemon cards and Shoppingly, it was all men. Apparently all their wives and girlfriends weren't there with them, So what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I kind of wonder, I kind of wonder if, like ancient Greeks and Romans did this over the latest tablets that had been drawn up. You know, you couldn't you couldn't get people's writing super easily back then, thousands of years ago, and maybe people brawled over tablets because they just really wanted something to read. And fast forward to twenty twenty five, you know, people are just really searching for the next Pokemon. They wanted blast toys, they wanted Venosaur, and then they fight over the cards.
Speaker 1: You know those those are Pokemon Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, I'm more of a Charmander guy. I grew up in the nineties, so Pokemon is part of my culture. I don't believe that I would fight in a costco for the cards, but there are some very unhappy people who are on their second or third marriage out there who really need some new cards.
Speaker 1: I feel like you think you're flexing knowing all of.
Speaker 6: These I.
Speaker 1: Mean, and I know, and I know you're not a single guy because I saw the picture you posted with your wife going to movies, So like, you know, its just in this case, it was all it was all dudes, and it was just it's like the most embarrassing thing. It's like, why were I you arrested and you got to go to the jail right where there's some guy who like cut his drug dealer's throat. He's in one cell, and here's a guy over here just robbed the bang. Like what did you do? I punched a guy for a Pokemon card. I yeah, I gotta go well for you.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and you know that the real truth that people who used to be into these cards understand is that you Geo cards were always better than Pokemon cards. Pokemon, you know, it was the show, it was the game Boy video game, but U Geo cards were better. I might fight somebody over a dark magician or a Blue Eyes, White Dragon card Casey, but not over a venusaun a Blastois.
Speaker 1: I have to move on because I'm not looking up.
Speaker 2: These viewers and then I'm never coming back on again.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you can, but I've just I refused. I only have I only have limited brain space, so I'm not I'm not going to memorize any of this stuff. Let's let's let's talk about something that equally can hurt your brain, and that's pro wrestling. Man, this year they moved was it just Monday Night Raw? Or is there more over to Netflix? I haven't watched any, but I have seen it when I've been flipping through Netflix. So and this is part of a bigger thing. Like for the playoff games this last weekend, there were four different streaming services you would have needed to have to be able to watch each of those each of the four games, right because ESPN did one, Fox was another, NBC was one, and then CBS and I had only two of them, so feasibly, unless I had a TV in Frontery, which thankfully I did, I wouldn't have been able to watch two of those games had I been, you know, trying to do it on my phone. This is the future of it. Is this real? Let's talk specifically about WWE and how it's impacting Netflix is a stock price, but this is the future. Is this any better than when we had cable because it seems almost as damn expensive and less convenient sometimes, Yeah, I mean, well.
Speaker 2: When you put it that way, no, it's not much better. But we are talking for WWE RAW like this is very exciting for them because they are actually going to be able to vastly grow their audience and cultural cachet. And Netflix is super, super excited about WWE RAW. Investors have absolutely rewarded Netflix for being nimble and keeping things fresh by adding things like live events and sports in the form of WWE.
Speaker 3: But you know, their viewership.
Speaker 2: Was down thirty seven percent. That is like two million people compared to the folks who watched the first episode or night one of WWE's new season here. So this is a bit of a problem. If people are going to have to switch between different platforms to watch these things, you're going to get major atrophy frustration and people will start watching over time. So they're going to have to fix this. We can't be a platform hopping or season one and season two of different shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and the other thing. And this is why I get annoyed this. And generally I don't watch a show if it's being released episode by episode until the whole first season's there, and a lot of times until they've announced a second season, because I cannot tell you the number of shows where I've invested time they seem to be popular and then they just don't make them, or they take five years to make them again, and and so you get, why would I get emotionally invested in this thing if I'm just gonna get screwed on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think a lot of people feel that way, But by and large I think that this is good. We need to get things like WWE sports live events. We need to get these things onto streaming platforms, and really just try to break up what remains of the cable cartel. Consumer are spending so little time on cable TV packages, and sports really is the last frontier that needs to get broken up and distributed out. But in the end, what you're going to have is people who are carrying multiple twenty dollars packages, probably adding up to one hundred and fifty to one hundred and eighty dollars is sort of the average. If you have all of these things and then you end up worse off than when you had a really expensive cable package, and that's just going to be a problem. Or you could also argue that people will just stop watching as much television all together and just spend their time scrolling YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah I am. I'm more likely to watch a movie even if I don't have enough time for a full movie. A lot of times I just won't stream anything because again, it's the episode investment, and while they do produce a lot of movie I'm trying to I was just in my head trying to think of all the different streaming platforms, like I don't even know that I know all the ones that I have, cause like my HBO, my HBO is rolled into my phone bill because AT and T did an offer and it still does that. I've got Prime, but that's a shipping thing that happens to come with that peacock paramount. I don't have Hulu anymore. I don't have Disney anymore because I don't need any of the kids stuff. But it was only when there was a new Marvel movie. And now I'll just wait and dip in once a year, watch them and be done with it. So like you adapt, You're right, I've adapted how I'm doing it, and you kind of game it. It's just like this was supposed to make things easier and more available, and I just feel like it's it's more complicated. I used to know that if I want to watch the NFC, it was going to be on Fox. If the AFC was going to be on CBS Monday Night, it was going to be on ABC. That was it for for like a decade. And now the where I listed plus Prime, you know Prime has the Thursday night stuff, so we'll see. And also it comes down to the quality of what they're producing. And there's a lot of people very nervous because they're going to tackle the Chronicles of Narnia stuff again. And from a religious standpoint, there's a lot of people and their right to be suspect because Hollywood's Hollywood, who are sitting there looking at that, going are they going to try to pull all of the religious iconology out of this? What are they going to do? Greta Gerwig is tied into this. She's she's she's been a vocal leftists in but she's made some movies that are good, So it's like, where do you come down on this? Should people be nervous?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So I expect that there's going to be a lot of controversy with Greta Gerwig's Narnia leading up to it. What I expect more than anything is the usual round of bad hype and actors saying things that they really shouldn't say when they're doing interviews, and producers saying stupid things. We've already had one of the executive producers for Greta Gerwig's Narnia series say that Greta is going to be having a quote very fresh take on Narnia and it's going to be quote rock and roll.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: What does that mean? We don't really know. But if you get into the sort of YouTube hype space for this stuff, that's really bad because that sounds like revisionism, that sounds like modernism, that sounds like sort of an SJW. Whitewash of Narnia. So I want to lay all that out there, But then I want to tell you that I am optimistic about what Greta Gerwig could do here with Narnia and I'm happy to tell you why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please? Did I have a follow up question that'll probably track with the so why are you optimistic?
Speaker 2: Gerwig does not have a hugely problematic track record of saying bizarre leftist things in interviews. Her movies are typically focused on women and women's issues and all that stuff, which okay, fine, But Narnia is a place where she has just expressed through interviews a really detailed.
Speaker 5: Knowledge of C. S.
Speaker 2: Lewis's take on theology or reverence for it. She grew up Catholic, in my understanding is that she is no longer a person who believes in God, but she loves and misses Church is something that she has talked about. She thinks it's a beautiful system of ideas, and I think that she is someone who really really wants to believe in what those ideas are about, and Narnia is sort of her expression of that. If we are charitable, I think that she's actually going to take this quite seriously. And I don't think it's going to be some sort of far left redoing of Narnia.
Speaker 4: I really can't.
Speaker 1: I and I hope you're right. And here's and here's the thing too, you don't have to. I don't think you have to necessarily be a believer. And maybe some people would disagree with me to be able to be loyal to source material, right, because even if you just break it down to words and characters and you better make sure they're in there, that that's fine. It reminds me of the Henry Cavill with the Witcher stuff, right. But that ended up getting him in trouble. I ended up getting him in trouble because the director producer lady was I saw the interview where she you could tell she hated that he liked the material because he would he would speak up and and be vocal about it, whereas he was the actor. Gerwig is the producer, right, and the director probably the director and producer. Yeah, so there's there's a little more control. But I saw Gerwig doing an interview years ago with who was Harvey Weinstein's assistant who decided to give.
Speaker 2: The accolade and Star Wars, Yeah, Leslie.
Speaker 1: Headland, Headland. Yeah. I saw her in Headland talking about all that feminist stuff, and so I don't know, I don't know. But the difference is people think that the fans won't give them a chance. To your point, if you just don't do an interview where you tell half or most of your intended audience that they're dumb prior to it, that would probably go a long way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is where I think most movies go awry is in the press tour, where actors and directors say just really bizarre things about the audience and about their intentions behind the movie.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You and I debated when Barbie came out whether or not this was a super woke movie or if it was just feminism one point oh, And I think it's really importance to distinguish between woke politics and feminism. I mean, woke politics hates feminism, where like feminism.
Speaker 1: It's just tell you, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: There are things that are just for women, and that men and women are very different and they have different interests and men are sometimes very bad to women.
Speaker 3: Wokis hate that stuff.
Speaker 2: They think that women don't exist, and that I think is sort of important to give Greta Gerwig that creative space to be a feminist one point zero and not accuser of being woke. But this is going to come out in twenty twenty six on Thanksgiving on Netflix it's going to be a blockbuster for Netflix if it is good, and it will, I'm sorry. It will first be in theaters, excuse me, theaters November twenty twenty six. It will be in theaters for two to four weeks, and then it will hit Netflix for Christmas. And it is it is a Christmas movie Narnia.
Speaker 5: But I got to tell you, I.
Speaker 2: Think there will be a little bit of disconnect if it's not the Lion, the.
Speaker 3: Witch and the Wardrobe.
Speaker 2: And Gerwig has said that that's not where she intends to start.
Speaker 1: Well, I've read all I've read the whole series. As a kid, we were that thing out. So I look, if you're a true fan and there is some loyalty just because they people have been bait and switched so much, it'll probably go a long way. And around the Christmas season is probably very smart marketing.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get into video game stuff, but maybe we'll do that next week. Real quick, thirty seconds. How insane is DC right now? Around you? Everyone just losing their minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things have calmed down quite a bit, but yeah, there are a lot of people I think looking at their savings accounts, their investments and their pensions and wondering if they can retire early, and that is part of draining the swamp.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, drain away. We'll chat soon. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Have a good one.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Stephen Kent, you're here on the KCO Day radio program. I mentioned video game. I'll mention what I saw because I had to have Ross confirm it for me. We'll do that coming up next. Hang on, dang it, I hate that Ross. You ever do that where you're like you're just reading something you accidentally pulled down too far and now it reloads and whatever you were reading is never to be found again. I mean, I can go, I'll search. In fact, so Benjamin net and Yahoo tweeted a defense of Elon Musk over salute gait or whatever. I didn't. I didn't think it was funny. Yesterday, Scott Jennings was on CNN calling his panelists salute truthers. I don't know why. All right, So net Yahoo tweets out, I'm gonna find this because it's just so damn funny. All right, here we go, here we go. All right, So this is one hour ago. He said, Elon Musk is being falsely smeared Elon's a great friend of Israel. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's not that that's that's not the funny part. What do you think the comments underneath it are retweeting this now? All right? So just repost that if you go to Casey on the Radio or it's the top thing on net now Who's Twitter account? If you want to head over there, Ross you haven't seen this one. If you had to guess, what do you think the comments are to Benjamin nett Yahoo saying that it wasn't a Nazi salute Elon's a friend of Israel.
Speaker 6: Mean the craziest thing that they're probably saying that Benjamin Netanya, who is a Nazi.
Speaker 1: There's a little of that, but he also doesn't understand. He didn't get it. I remember one of the funniest thing exchanges I ever saw on Twitter. There's an author I think his name is Chase Noa no Savage, Luke sav. All right, so there's an author who wrote he wrote a book or I wrote an article like an elongated article, and he posted he posted a link to it, and then somebody under it was like, well, here's what the author really meant, and then it was just woke garbage right where it was clear they were clearly trying to interpret which was not not a woke thing. And the guy's like, actually the author means this, and Savage, without identifying himself, goes, well, no it doesn't. He goes, I know the comedy. I goes, I know the author, and it was. And then when the guy, when the dude told him he was the author, the guy doubled down. He goes, well, here's what you really meant. So, yeah, man, that's hilarious watching some Luna lunatics that they're telling net Yahoo. He doesn't understand anti semitism. Okay, all right, if that works for you, all right, real quickly. I mentioned the video game thing, and here's why, because again I I don't have zero knowledge of video games, but compared to like Ross and probably Steven to some extent, it's very limited. And I saw this poll and it was done by like PC gamer or something whatever, and it was about the upcoming GTA title and it but in the end it it said, so the game, the minimum costs for the game is expected to be one hundred dollars. And that's of course, you know with games, they tear it, so you can spend the minimum or you can spend a whole hell of a lot more. Do will you be purchasing it? Now? This isn't scientific, but what I found wild one. I didn't realize they were in charge of one hundred dollars for a game minimum, But also seventy percent said no, not touching this, Like twenty percent said yes. The rest are mushy middle a game like that, I would assume saturation is far in excess of thirty percent in the market. So what's up with that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Is that really the attitude they've been saying for a while that it's going to be like a like a one hundred dollars game. Now, their games have already gone up in the past few years, like what was sixties now seventy, And what you've been seeing is a lot of games have been coming out with that's the standard now. So the typical cost of a game is sixty nine to ninety nine. That's how much is going to cost you, and like the.
Speaker 1: Yay, yeah I did, I just went through the Diablo thing now, but.
Speaker 6: They also release versions that are one hundred dollars or more. You've seen this with like Space Marine and other different games where it's like you can get that that version of the game, or you can get this version of the game that comes with like all the future dealc's less micro transactions, but it's like over one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: So it's pay to play upfront, yes, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: So the theory is in the gaming industry because there's some people in the gaming industry that are like, well, this is really good for games because players people would rather pay the one hundred dollars and not have any micro transactions then buy a game for sixty seventy bucks and then you know, you end up spending even more on that in the micro transactions, whereas I say, I don't like playing any of the games that have any of the micro transactions when I find out there. But the other thing about the GTA game is there's big rumors that it's going to be woke, which.
Speaker 1: Is and this was where I was going to go with Steven, because if DC's doing what they're doing, college campuses who want public money are also going to have to divorce themselves a lot of this DEI stuff. The military is going to be purging it. If what Trump is hoping to do is accomplished. And if companies aren't beholden to ESG scores so that they can get working capital to literally stay in business, they're not going to be incentivized because now it's just a carry costs that you don't need. How long before it it like, if you're a video game development company, how many times have we talked about insanity like the Dragon game where they like, I'm non binary like all this stuff. Yeah, I mean that's like we just talked about all of this stuff, and so does it de incentivize the game companies?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Like where is that trickle down effect? If in fact GTA six is woke because of all the massive losses they're taking, this seems like the easy answer. I don't know the answer to that. Speaking of CNN real quick, CNN is uh, hold on, Mark, here we go. H new report out CNN plans left hundreds of employees to cut costs. NBC as well, Uh, there's there, there's a lot a lot of changes, changes coming down the pipe. And I'm sitting here and one don't fire Scott Jennings if you keep anybody there, but people like Jim Acosta, like, listen, this guy doesn't get it. He's doing nothing to try to retain his position.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: I gotta think of costa real quick.
Speaker 12: Let's listen to this covering the first Trump administration when they had riding outside uh of the White House. I mean that was covered on CN on what you're saying this is, this is not.
Speaker 1: Starting to Republican Congress.
Speaker 12: Just spin a tail and pull the wool out of people's eyes.
Speaker 13: Now, this is CNN, this is the news.
Speaker 1: We're a By the way, I just said, you can't spin a tail and lie to Rep. Tim Timber for.
Speaker 14: Truth, and that's why more people are watching the cartoon network SpongeBob reruns right now. Jim, Look, I left the White House hearing a riot. My life was threatened. My life has been threatened within the last few weeks. Yet there's no coverage of that, and you all continue this narrative of trap attacking Trump. You just can't stand the fact that he won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so some big changes might be coming there, so I don't look. My point is, whether it's video games, CNN or any of the rest, are they or aren't they going to follow suit. That's the thing I'm going to be very interested to keep watching. All right, let's get let's watch the weather, shall we with race? Yeah sure, all right, watch away, sir, go ahead, Yeah yeah, well let's just go.
Speaker 8: Because now final totals east of us where they were heaviest to come in, and it was nine at the right BROTHERERS National Museum nine inches of snow, and I got an eight and a half at Lowland, North Carolina and Hatteras eight inch. I mean, just crazy numbers. Even South Carolina, the beaches they had snowfall. And now we're still getting something from the weather services. There still may be some patchy ice in spots, especially the shady areas, but the recovery we'll continue with temperatures mid upper thirties today. I'll probably be around forty on either side of that on Friday, and then Saturday in the little mid forties, and we'll crack fifty by Sunday. And all these days under high pressure. It will be sunny, even though overlight lows are gonna come up, still going to be in the teens in some spots the tryad West Tomorrow morning near twenty for the triangle, and then we'll keep that for Saturday morning. Then Sunday load to mid twenties and probably near freezing for an overnight low Monday morning, which may lead to some light frozen precipitation. We have to see on that doesn't look like it's going to be all that aggressive, but temperatures are going to be marginal. We'll see if the presep gets in here Monday morning, Casey, before we see temperatures rise above freezing. But other than that, the warm up continue next week. We've got a shot at least a shot at maybe sixty in sub spots by Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I'll feel like ninety. All right, Thanks, appreciate it, Have a good one and we'll come back. Chat with Jeff Bellinger next. Jeff Bellinger with us, Jeff, what's happening?
Speaker 13: Welcome morning, Casey. Stocks advanced in midweek trading. The major affages had gains that range from three tenths percent to one and three tenths percent. The stock market futures have been mixed all morning. S and P futures down six points and the NASDAC futures down one hundred and three. The Dow futures, though, are up forty two points now. Shares of Alaska Air moved higher and after hours trading the carrier began, became the latest airline to post better than expected fourth quarter results. Alaska Air's first quarter guidance also top forecasts. The median price of a home here in the US increased nearly five percent and twenty twenty four to a record three hundred fifty thousand dollars. This according to ADAM, home values went up and just over ninety percent of the markets that were reviewed. Couple of reports out this morning suggest many Americans' personal finances are tight right now. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphias as a record share of credit cardholders are paying just the minimum every month, and bank rates. Latest survey found a majority of Americans could not cover an unexpected one thousand dollars expense from their savings. Just forty one percent of respondent said their emergency savings were enough to handle such an expense, and a proposed class action casey accuses Apple of hiding the fact that the bands on the company's smart watches contain excessive amounts of forever chemicals. The suit, filed in a California federal court, says Apple leads watch buyers to think the devices can improve their health, but chemicals in the watch bands can be harmful.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, thank you, sir, do appreciate it. We'll chat tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Sounds good talk to you then.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go. Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News. This is interesting. So how do they think people aren't going to be able to figure this out? So the sister in law of Pete HeiG Seth's second wife, the one who swears that this thing happened even though haig Seth and the former wife both deny it, that is being used to attempt to hold up his nomination. Are you guys sitting down? Everybody's sitting down. It's gonna be very shocking. You know where she works or who she works with? And for the Democrat ranking member on the Armed Services Committee, I'm gonna repeat this, the ranking member who is that? Adam Smith? I think the carterssman from California. Yeah, yeah, yeah, works as a partner of the law firm with the woman. Is it a coincidence? I don't know, maybe, but that's an interesting little nugget there. You can still go over the page and see their smiling faces there. That's interesting. I'm sure that's just a coincidence. I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know. One of the things too, is Trump sat down for a first interview. I guess he's done well. I mean he did do some Q and A obviously in the Oval office. Who remember that telling that reporter to hush. The reporter apologized to by the way, that was kind of a funny exchange. But Trump's dropping some little hints in there and some little of this, a little that people trying to pick up where we're headed for this thing, and this was a rather interesting one if you want to try to read into this, or maybe you don't even have to.
Speaker 5: Sky want to run giving everybody partons and you.
Speaker 1: Know that talking about Biden.
Speaker 13: Obviously Skut wont to run giving everybody partons. And you know the funny thing, maybe the sad thing is he didn't give himself a part.
Speaker 5: And if you look at it, it all had to do with him.
Speaker 1: I'm now more convinced that Baron, that's what Baron Trump told him something along those lines were coming for you, or you didn't pardon yourself. I did see the because you can only see his lips for a few moments because of how Baron speaks, where you kind of see it on the angle and then he turns his head and then you can see the last part of what he says. And they were trying to do the lip reader thing. And I don't know, man, because a lot of times with lip reader stuff, once they tell you that this is what you should look for, your brain may try to attach to it rather than being, you know, trying to evaluate whether it's accurate. But I don't know. Maybe I'm sure Trump when he's sitting in a room somewhere and Baron's in there, maybe Milania's in there, and a couple advisors, maybe the chief of staff, I'm sure he opened he says this stuff. And I'm sure as they were sitting on the campaign trail there and then they were in DC, you know, for everything with the inauguration, his whole family's there. You know, we saw there was that video that emerged of Trump sitting there with his now comms director, the White House Press director who is his comms director at the time, who we interviewed Miss Levitt, And you saw the process in that video of how Trump tweets, where she's sitting there with the laptop and he's just he's watching stuff and I think he was watching Kamala A Kamala's speech or something, and he's just barking out the tweets. She's typing them. He's making comments to everybody who's in the room. So he talks. Sure, that's going to permeate the brain of the people around him, especially people who have suffered indignities because of Trump's position. You know, this is what happens with kids of president's man or kids of famous people for that matter. It goes they either resent the who attack them unfairly or the people that they love, or they end up resenting their parents for putting them in that position. You see this stuff all the time. So yeah, I'm sure that Trump has brought this up just in conversation around there and they It wouldn't surprise me, to say the very least. All Right, one more quick thing. Oh, it's right, because we hit Jeff early. I actually got a couple more minutes than I used to or than I normally do. Why is this not loading? Okay, here it goes, so we'll get into this more. Do you think it's worth the time to do another January sixth panel? In this case, it would be to invest the investigate the investigators. But remember the investigators who were on that committee themselves got pardons. Although the one chick who is said to have lied at the behest of chaining, she was not on the pardon list. Former staffer for Trump who ended up And you saw this whole exchange message message exchange, and so you know there are pieces to it, and that was a big Remember this is the woman. Her name escapes to me, it doesn't matter. She's the one who claimed that Donald Trump tried to punch the Secret Service driver of the Beast or attacked you remember that insane allegation that he was attacking. It was part of the January sixth narrative because I don't remember the motivator. He wanted to go over there, he didn't, and he physically accosted a Secret Service member, which does that make any sense to you? But you could see that Cheney was the one really leading that to fruition. So even though the committee members may be covered, jack Smith's not covered. There was a report out yesterday that Jack Smith had requested a pardon and that either Biden or some of his top staff said, no, you failed us. You're on your own. That's cold. Man