Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: Meeting's time now for our community connection, the first of many today and we have Chris Batchelder in here and we're talking to the Sports Commission today.
Speaker 1: Hey you do any young man, Tom.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. Happy to be first of many.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I hope they're all as interesting as this one's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Well, how interesting is this? It's gonna be very interesting next for sure. What we got coming up, It's going to be interesting.
Speaker 4: Next Wednesday, I can tell you that when we have our annual Masters Party at Hillcrest Country Club to benefit the Sports Commission. We have this party every year on the Wednesday of the Par three contest at the Masters, which is kind of the first official day of activities out there. There's practice rounds Monday Tuesday, but Wednesday is the big.
Speaker 3: Par three contest in Georgia.
Speaker 4: So we line up with that and try to raise a little money for the Bartlesville Sports Commission.
Speaker 3: And it's always a good time.
Speaker 4: It's golf themed and so we have a costume contest.
Speaker 3: We hope that people when.
Speaker 4: They buy their tickets will get out their best golf attire. We have people dress up as caddies. We have people dress up with knickers and you know, the hats and all that. It's really a good time and this is our primary fundraiser every year. We have several other events, as you know, but this is the one that really raises us the money.
Speaker 3: So we're excited about it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're gonna have anybody there with plaid pants pulled up to their arm pits.
Speaker 3: We usually do, I can tell you that for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any kind of way you can mock the game of golf or how people traditionally dress playing it, it happens.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Now who can participate in this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anybody can.
Speaker 4: So if you go to Bartlesville sports dot net Bartlesville sports dot net, you'll be able to click on the link on the homepage for the Master's Party and they can go and get tickets. The tickets are fifty dollars for YEP for an individual ticket and eighty five dollars for a couple. And not just is that it includes beer and wine and a bunch of Master's food. You know, there's some food that you can only find at the tournament at Augusta, and we try to replicate as much of that as we can, and it's really a good time. You know, everything down there when you go to the tournament is unlabeled. So they have since the tournament began over one hundred years ago, they have held off, you know, succumbing to corporate pressure and sponsorship and stuff. And so the prices out there are the same as they were when the tournament started, and they're all generic. You know, it says cola or diet cola, or beer or light beer.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say what brand it is.
Speaker 4: And so we try to do some things like that that are kind of funny at the party and try to make it, you know, as as like Augusta as we can.
Speaker 3: It's a good time. And then we also one of the ways.
Speaker 4: We raise a little bit of money is we have a long putt content. So if you've ever been upstairs at Hillcrest, there's this real long hallway that goes over toward the lounge, and we have a putt that goes from one end to that hallway to the other. We've got water and sand and stuff in front of it, and so people can do that to win a putter. And then we also kind of have two live auction things that happened throughout the night. One is we auction off the actual Masters field, so you and I can outbid each other to bid on Scotti Scheffler, and then if you have Scotty Scheffler and he wins the tournament, you win half the pod and half goes to the Sports Commission.
Speaker 3: So that's fun. And then we.
Speaker 4: Also have a actual live auction that has several really great items in it, but kind of our signature item starting last year, and then he's doing it for us again this year. Is a one of a kind John Linn Bloom painting. He revealed it last night on Facebook. You can go look it up on the Bartlesville Sports Commission Facebook page. By the way, if you're not subscribing to that and following it already, you need to do that. It's got a lot of great content about the Bruins and other local sports stuff. But if you go to that Facebook page, you'll see you'll see this painting. But it's that famous picture of John Day getting ready to hit a.
Speaker 3: Driver that's cranked all the way.
Speaker 4: Back and he's got his loud clothes on and it's a really cool picture.
Speaker 3: So somebody has a chance to win a one of a kind painting.
Speaker 4: Tom listened to this, so last year the painting he did for us was a really famous picture of Jack Nicholas hitting out of the sand at the Masters with this big, you know, spread collar and sweater on from back in the seventies.
Speaker 3: Cool picture.
Speaker 4: But so it ended up in the hands of Tim Johnson. Daniel Johnson is on our board and his brother Tim is the ad at O r U, and they were having an event last summer with Jack Nicholas speaking at it, and so Tim ended up buying the picture and actually presenting it to Jack, who now owns this one of a kind John Linn Bloom painting of himself. So I thought that was a really cool story. And John and John Daley actually have a relationship already, so he's done some custom stuff for John Daley already. But so I don't think we're gonna lose this one to the artist. But it is a really really cool painting. So yeah, that's gonna be really fun. And then's just a bunch of other fun stuff. Where can we sign up Bartlesville sports dot net and click on the Master's party and you can get your tickets and again all of this benefits the Bartlesville Sports Commission.
Speaker 3: We give away.
Speaker 4: Somewhere between fifty and eighty thousand dollars a year to Bartlesville High School and youth sports grants in our community. It's been going since two thousand and six and has has done a lot of really, really great work to benefit athletics in Bartlesville. So Bartlesville Sports dot Net Master's Party.
Speaker 1: Well, this is gonna be great, folks.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have some fun for you and you're gonna help some youngsters in the community for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: Tom, it always is, buddy, How'll be back anytime you're ready.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, thank you very much coming in.
Speaker 2: Let us know all right, that's Chris Batchelder with us here and Kate one the one you trust.
Speaker 1: This is