Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What a thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: A little bit later on this morning nine o'clock, be listening and you could win one thousand dollars. So JBI told us before we started this morning that you are did you say day two of a fast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a big yeah. This is just the second morning a fast. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And how many days?
Speaker 2: Only? How many days? My plan is to do? Do three? I mean going into fourth of July is really bad timing. Yeah, but I did it this time in June of last year. So you know, about this time last year, I did a three day fast and then and then I ate this maybe from listening to too much Joe Rogan. And then I went carnivore for a couple of weeks, meaning only eating meat and protein. I lost twenty pounds in three weeks this time last year. And the crazy thing is the first day it sucks, You're like, ooh, I'm hungry at food. I haven't thought about food at all yet today, I mean it was still still early. But and then I remember last year, by the third day, my energy level picked way up. I felt great, didn't even think about food. So you know, eventually I'd like to try like a seven day but you know, maybe I I you know, the algorithm gets me. You guys know I'm an Instagram junkie and will buy whatever they sell me. But I do see a lot of these, you know, these scientists basically breaking down how when you fast your body, your body starts repairing itself. It starts, it starts eating up the bad cells basically to like really break it down. I can reset all kinds of things, So there's that component to it. But man, this time last year, I was like, I remember feeling really good. Then I was just I was more like, I was like more like two hundred pounds and I dropped too. Now that's probably two of five and dropped to one eighty five in that three weeks last year. Now I'm coming in at one ninety. And it's not about the number. I don't really care about my weight. I'm just giving you some reference there. I just want to feel good. So on this tracks with everything that I've seen and read about fasting.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 3: I have never done one because the thought of it terrifies me. But everything you just said tracks and checks the boxes of everything I've read with Day one not so great, Day two feeling pretty good. Day three a huge uptick in energy and you're not even really thinking about about food and that it resets a lot of stuff, even to a cellular level, and you're.
Speaker 2: More energy, more clarity, you know, and it makes me think, oh gosh, even though I'm trying to eat really well, it's like maybe there's just a lot of hormones and additives and preservatives in there that give you that brain fog. Like I'd love it. I'd like I felt like that got some clarity too last year when I did it, Trisa, what are your questions?
Speaker 3: Trisa is I've brought this up before, and she she kind of talked me out of it.
Speaker 2: Well, excuse me.
Speaker 4: My question is, And it could be because I'm a girl, hormones, I don't know, but when I get hungry, my body literally can't function until I have some sort of food. Like the idea of not eating food, eating anything for days and days. I just I know how I feel when I haven't eaten in a few hours.
Speaker 2: Right, You got to get over that hump.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if I get that my hump is huge.
Speaker 2: Up, I got a huge jump. I don't know if I can do it. Yeah, you know, and hey, physiology of a man and a woman are different, regardless of what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Protesting says you know, and I can't. I don't know. Maybe it is very different because who doesn't joke about their wife being hangry? Right, It's like it's like a I always said women should have fuel gauges on their forehead when I see that light come on, or you know, just or not let that light come on for e.
Speaker 4: Another question is at some point, like depending on how long you do it, don't you start to lose muscle because right now the big thing is protein protein protein to build muscle, to maintain muscle. I think at first, when you're fasting, your body reverts to burning fat, right. I think that's kind of the premise of when you go into katosis, when you're no carbs, all protein.
Speaker 2: Happen, sugars and fats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then like, did you notice losing any any.
Speaker 2: Of your of your you know, I don't know if I if I have muscles, the fat is hiding them. So, uh, you know, I do one of the things I do take I take my supplements and I will have a protein drink. Okay you do. I have a protein powder mix that I will use during this time. But I don't know. I just feel like the benefits outweigh it. And I still work out while I'm fasting. Again, I'm only aiming for three days. That's nothing. Yeah, yeah, but I still work out. I think that was part of the part of the reason for losing weight.
Speaker 3: You don't just get sedentary, do you find it is that is the energy there to work out day two, day three, I mean just more energy.
Speaker 2: Look more, I feel like more energy because you and then you start you start like literally, I mean I didn't eat yesterday and then I woke up and my just my my stomach just felt better and it's going to feel better tomorrow. It's like you get motivated. The motivation really kicks in. I get it and you realize, you know, okay, I've got I shouldn't be one hundred and ninety pounds. Yeah, I mean that's a lot of gutweight.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of us if we went by our height and weight of what we're supposed to be are according to you know whoever, we're all obese.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, we're all considered every weight.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, and that's an epidemic in this country in obesity.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, we're some big people. And anyway, it's just I don't know. I'm not I'm not bringing this up for bragging rights. I just literally feel better. And I guarantee you I'm gonna feel even better tomorrow if we check in on this. So I just get excited, I get kind of motivated. I'm probably gonna screw it all up on Friday.
Speaker 4: So here's here's my last question about this, because I feel like it's kind of similar what you're describing to when I did the high protein Nocarb's diet, like the ad Can's diet, the first day you feel like crap app but the second and third day, once you get into it, you start feeling kind of that buzz and you feel better, but you're you know, you're getting to eat on that diet. So one thing about the Atkins diet, if you finish the diet, you've lost the weight you want to lose, and then you just go back to eating normally like you gain it all back and more when you stopped the fasting. Did you gain any of the weight back when you started eating or you just were very meticulous about what I didn't.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. I didn't gain it back. And I, like I said, I was like two of five when I started it, and I kept most of that off most of the year, maybe fluctuating five pounds. But I didn't get it back. And like I said, after I did just a few days fast to kick it off, I did go carnivore for Yeah, you think fun.
Speaker 4: You think that fasting would be okay, Like if you had like a cookie, like I mean like a day, a cookie a day.
Speaker 2: No, because then you come out if you have anything with sugar, you come out of ketosis. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I need something to motivate me to be able to.
Speaker 2: Eat at least stay with us.
Speaker 3: What about k We got more coming up on Austin's eighties station one three point one. Hey, it's JB and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacy. The same great folks behind kangaroof are the folks who bring you Kowala Cooling and plumbing. Do you ever hear those same JB. The dog days of summer. Do you know what it actually means? It means you can't go outside. You want to stay in your air condition home. How I interpret that true? But it actually has history with astrology, the ancient Greeks and the Dog Star constellation. Hey, that's great, great to know. But right here on planet Texas, I just know it's hot, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hit triple digits in May and I know we have hit triple digits in September. That's a long stretch. You want to get your home checked out and qualified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want your AC breaking down on the hottest days of the year. So go ahead and get the team from Koala Cooling to come out and take a look. Like JB said, get your AC kualified. Call them today at five one, two seven, five nine eighty eight hundred. Hey, thank you very much for listening. Make sure you listen to the radio every morning two six until ten on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one